PDA

View Full Version : Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

cadencrh
18-06-09, 10:34
The fence and slope:

mikeFoo
18-06-09, 11:24
Thanks cadencrh for posting the pics update. We get to see how's the progress of the construction work. Coming to the end of June and the looking at the status of construction work, am doubtful it can be TOP before Sept as claimed by the marketing agent. vbmenu_register("postmenu_57566", true);

jtpy
18-06-09, 22:49
I called the sales hotline to test water.. They now say TOP Q4.. Talk is really cheap lor..

Serpent
23-06-09, 14:59
hi,

I'm new here, may I know what's the price now for Oasis? As I'm looking for somewhere near or around serangoon/yio chu kang.

marshallwan
23-06-09, 16:37
Tried Quartz

hi,

I'm new here, may I know what's the price now for Oasis? As I'm looking for somewhere near or around serangoon/yio chu kang.

cheerful
23-06-09, 18:23
hi,

Maybe can check URA website ... most pp do that although data wldn't be reflective of the most current prices ... else check out propertyguru for the latest trends??

Anyway, serangoon/YCK should have alot more choices bah (OG near YCK meh?) .... :2cents:

Serpent
24-06-09, 12:06
Tried Quartz

My wife dun like Quartz as she claims that we will still in Sengkang, is just from flat to condo. Must well dun change.

Serpent
24-06-09, 12:08
Anyway, serangoon/YCK should have alot more choices bah (OG near YCK meh?) .... :2cents:[/quote]

Cos my in-law is just opp. Yio Chu Kang stadium, so from OG to there not too far also, just few traffic lights. So fetching kid will be easier.

cadencrh
26-06-09, 23:04
Anyway, serangoon/YCK should have alot more choices bah (OG near YCK meh?) .... :2cents:

Cos my in-law is just opp. Yio Chu Kang stadium, so from OG to there not too far also, just few traffic lights. So fetching kid will be easier.[/quote]

think oasis gdn has a convenient location and its quite near to everywhere especially there are so many expressways nearby.

anyway think they are left with high floor units and definitely above $700psf for a 3 bedroom. unless u are getting the penthouse then you can expect a lower psf rate.

cadencrh
15-07-09, 19:16
status of construction as at today :sleep:

jtpy
19-07-09, 20:18
11 units left as of 30 Jun 09..

cheerful
20-07-09, 09:09
fi, met one of the agents at another showroom, he told me left 5 units... ......

11 units left as of 30 Jun 09..

cadencrh
27-07-09, 15:02
fi, met one of the agents at another showroom, he told me left 5 units... ......

As of yesterday, left only 1 3-bedder (#14-02) and 2 penthouses....

cheerful
27-07-09, 17:43
As of yesterday, left only 1 3-bedder (#14-02) and 2 penthouses....

Hmm ... looks like there are pp who do have their eyes opened to see the diff between this one vs. those LH projects with so much hype :rolleyes:

jtpy
27-07-09, 20:44
Understand that the last 3 bedroom unit is going for $799psf nett.. :scared-4:

cadencrh
27-07-09, 22:30
Understand that the last 3 bedroom unit is going for $799psf nett.. :scared-4:

Actual quote by agent was more than 800psf, 799psf is can try with cheque only :D so mayb dev will still wanna sell the last 3-bedder with a bang of above 800psf... :spliff2: :scared-4:

noops
03-08-09, 07:23
Went down over the weekend and found out from the workers that they are adding 2 new gates. one near units 01 & 02 lift lobby and the other at the rear(pointing towards the wading pool). did not managed to confirm location of the rear gate tho. expected top is end aug.:D can someone else confirm this?

Hello
05-08-09, 10:39
Went down over the weekend and found out from the workers that they are adding 2 new gates. one near units 01 & 02 lift lobby and the other at the rear(pointing towards the wading pool). did not managed to confirm location of the rear gate tho. expected top is end aug.:D can someone else confirm this?

Quite impossible to TOP by end Aug, probably end of Oct, maybe. Saw the 2 side gates but if can cut through the Gurkahs estate then walk to Bartley mrt will be nearer then to Tai Seng MRT station. Anyone got any info on the expected TOP?

jtpy
05-08-09, 23:14
According to agent in sales office, it's Sep 09.. I don't think that is possible...

Hello
06-08-09, 09:12
According to agent in sales office, it's Sep 09.. I don't think that is possible...

Agreed, I don't think that is possible too. I guess that the agents are also guessing only. Looking at the current construction now, prob end of Oct could be possible.

tantan
06-08-09, 21:25
Actual quote by agent was more than 800psf, 799psf is can try with cheque only :D so mayb dev will still wanna sell the last 3-bedder with a bang of above 800psf... :spliff2: :scared-4:
Those who brought a few months ago at ave $650 psf will be smiling all the way....:):):)

banger69
06-08-09, 22:15
What do you think is the realistic psf for OG now esp if Optima is >1k psf? :eek:

jtpy
08-08-09, 08:41
$900 psf? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jtpy
08-08-09, 08:44
Those who brought a few months ago at ave $650 psf will be smiling all the way....:):):)

jtpy
08-08-09, 08:46
Agreed, I don't think that is possible too. I guess that the agents are also guessing only. Looking at the current construction now, prob end of Oct could be possible.
I think there are still some authority inspection prior to TOP.. And for the inspection to be executed, the property must be fully completed.. Oct 09 also abit shaky...

banger69
08-08-09, 21:02
Spoke to the guard today and he said Nov :rolleyes:. Cleaning will take some time after everything completed plus inspection etc. See if can get valuer to check on OG now. :)

jtpy
09-08-09, 10:36
Spoke to the guard today and he said Nov :rolleyes:. Cleaning will take some time after everything completed plus inspection etc. See if can get valuer to check on OG now. :)

Not sure the guard is accurate.. Scully the developer give him 10 year series answer.. Developer under pressure becos the TOP date shift and shift and shift.. :)

cheerful
09-08-09, 19:46
Not sure the guard is accurate.. Scully the developer give him 10 year series answer.. Developer under pressure becos the TOP date shift and shift and shift.. :)

eh wat is the meaning of 1- yr series ans? Is it a practice in the industry? Do developers usually give std ans to say TOP date is "earlier" or should the ans be "later"?

jtpy
09-08-09, 21:23
Sales pitch by developer and marketing agent was TOP in Jun 09 back in Dec 08 when the sales are slow..

As it draws near Jun 09.. The TOP date shifted back accordingly...

They basically abused the words "TOP Soon"...

To push and attract sales, they have to "say" earlier TOP date.. Some home owners are desperately looking for places to settle down.. When they can't meet the marketed TOP date, they'll blame it on "unforeseen" circumstances that are caused by their main or sub contractors... Standard 10 year series answers as long as they don't delay beyond the S&P TOP date.. Talk is cheap I suppose.. :mad:

Btw, official TOP date of O.Gdn is in 2012..

cheerful
09-08-09, 21:31
Oh ... so tt's the 10-yr series ans .. now I get the pix ...

jensenwong
20-08-09, 17:21
Oasis Garden is located in a quiet serene setting and it is just minutes away from Tai Seng MRT and Bartley MRT station.

This brand new penthouse unit is on the 18th floor and has magnificent unblock view.
The Singapore Flyer can be seen as well.

Referring to FLOORPLAN,

This penthouse unit is special because the MASTER BEDROOM is situated away from the 3 other bedrooms to give more privacy. The bedroom also comes with a personal balcony.

Be sure to enjoy life as the master's bathroom comes with a bathtub, 2 sinks and has an private exit that leads to the OUTDOOR SHOWER and the open terrace. This unit is also very practical because it has little un-liveable space.

Other key features -

- Marble flooring for dining / living room / master's toilet.
- Built in wardrobe and a walk-in wardrobe beside the master's room
- Full condo facilities
- Classy Standalone Wet Kitchen
- 4 Bedrooms
- Exclusive, only 134 units
- 144 parking lots
- FREEHOLD and minutes from 2 MRT station!
- TOP 2009 end - Estimated.

Please refer to the FloorPlan attached!
Price is neg.Hurry!
Call or sms 9424-4441 for more details.

gfoo
20-08-09, 17:26
a bit misleading rite? the unit faces north so the only time you can see Singapore Flyer is in bdrm 4's balcony or the aircon ledge. otherwise, the unit prob has johor views.

nadoey
25-08-09, 10:09
Drive past last sunday.....

Can see the lower floor aircon unit is up.. can see the room door... think also see the wardrobe..

For upper floor.. some of the balcony panel not up yet..

Can see they are doing up the main entrance & floyer and 2 side door.

Think there is double fencing.... like a castle..
1 is the normal outer fencing, then a gap that can see the basement.. then the inner fencing... and at the side door there is bridge over that gap for people to walk over...

Emmm... think at least another 3 months before TOP... :(

banger69
25-08-09, 10:19
Prob end of next month TOP. Inside everything done. Outside beautifying which is very fast. Cleaning then TOP!

nadoey
26-08-09, 17:31
oh... really... inside all the units all done... then good good... :)
end of next month is very fast...
wonder who will be the first one to move in ...

cheerful
26-08-09, 17:38
oh... really... inside all the units all done... then good good... :)
end of next month is very fast...
wonder who will be the first one to move in ...

Err ... thot exterior is not s/thg predictable? As in, subject to weather conditions rt? How to be sure .......

banger69
26-08-09, 22:54
Cannot be sure but realistic. Pray for no rain. Anyway, now is 7th month so not good to move in. If end of Sep TOP, it will be great:)

Hello
27-08-09, 13:55
Anyone saw the roof on the gym and suna rooms? Think they are using those metal roof which look like those very old type or temp shop/coffeeshop roof. I think it spoiled the entire look of the OG, hope that the developer is adding on something on top of the metal roof.

nadoey
28-08-09, 01:45
emmm... will take a look over the weekend...
but oh... raining raining raining these 2 days....

jtpy
28-08-09, 22:37
Seem like a lot of owners here eagerly waiting and tracking the progress...

nadoey
29-08-09, 14:53
can we request to change the stove not to face the kitchen door ?
write in to who and where ? anyone know...

jtpy
30-08-09, 16:49
can we request to change the stove not to face the kitchen door ?
write in to who and where ? anyone know...
As per an earlier post.. Think the interior is all done up.. Dun think can ask developer to change now.. Maybe u can get your reno contractor to do it?

nadoey
30-08-09, 17:06
i think i made a mistake... the stove is not facing the kitchen door.. but the toilet door...

ya hor.. u mentioned before...
you managed to go inside to view the interior?

kgchong
31-08-09, 18:47
anyone knows what are the latest units avail and the price?

jtpy
31-08-09, 20:56
Bro nadoey, trying to find opportunity to sneak in to take a peek.. ;)

Bro kgchong, think got only 1x 3 bedder left.. #14-02.. Few weeks ago went with an interested friend to check.. $800psf.. But think may be able to get at 790psf.. The other remaining units are PHs...

banger69
03-09-09, 15:11
Visited OG last evening and was taken aback to see the swimming pool brimming with water.

Spoke to several of the workers around the premises individually and was informed that OG was supposed to receieve its TOP on 31 Aug 09, but was delayed due to the rain etc.

So, the new TOP date is scheduled in 1 week's time!

Let's look forward to celebrating Xmas in OG this year!

cheerful
03-09-09, 18:27
Got developers TOP during the lunar seventh one meh?? This is new ..... .....

banger69
03-09-09, 21:34
Well, it used to be that people would shy away from buying properties during the Ghost Festival, but that did not stop Trevista from being sold out in one day recently.

Nonetheless, am simply sharing what I found out about OG's scheduled TOP date. As long as we can move into OG by this year, it'll be great!

Let's hope for the best and wait for our lawyer's call to inform us to collect our keys!

jtpy
03-09-09, 21:46
Got developers TOP during the lunar seventh one meh?? This is new ..... .....
Bro, you sounded very skeptical.. :scared-5:

jtpy
03-09-09, 21:48
Well, it used to be that people would shy away from buying properties during the Ghost Festival, but that did not stop Trevista from being sold out in one day recently.

Nonetheless, am simply sharing what I found out about OG's scheduled TOP date. As long as we can move into OG by this year, it'll be great!

Let's hope for the best and wait for our lawyer's call to inform us to collect our keys!
:im-so-happy: :im-so-happy: :im-so-happy:

Good to keep everybody updated!! Especially the owners here...

nadoey
03-09-09, 22:02
Woo Woo Woo ... that's a very good news to go into weekend soon...
Got to drop by OG this weekend liao man....

Hopefully, the swiming pool is not full with these few days of rain water... then maybe the workers can enjoy the pool tonite.. :doh:

cheerful
03-09-09, 22:03
So u can't wait to move into 16-03 har??? :D :D :D

nadoey
03-09-09, 22:07
Oh.... the whole world know you stay at that unit .... :scared-4:

cheerful
03-09-09, 22:11
Oh.... the whole world know you stay at that unit .... :scared-4:

LOL .... juz pulling his legs lah .. how on earth wld the whole world know neh ?? kekekkeehhee .......

jtpy
03-09-09, 22:24
So u can't wait to move into 16-03 har??? :D :D :D

Hmmm........:tongue3:

cheerful
03-09-09, 22:26
me bad huh .... :tongue-fingers:

Hmmm........:tongue3:

Hello
03-09-09, 22:35
Visited OG last evening and was taken aback to see the swimming pool brimming with water.

Spoke to several of the workers around the premises individually and was informed that OG was supposed to receieve its TOP on 31 Aug 09, but was delayed due to the rain etc.

So, the new TOP date is scheduled in 1 week's time!

Let's look forward to celebrating Xmas in OG this year!

Hoooray!!! Hopefully can celebrate X'mas in OG, let's keep our fingers crossed. :D :cheers5:

nadoey
03-09-09, 22:52
Ahh.... another OG owner seems to join in the x'mas party in OG...

Hoooray!!! Hopefully can celebrate X'mas in OG, let's keep our fingers crossed. :D :cheers5:

cadencrh
05-09-09, 07:43
Went on site last evening. I give it 1-2weeks for full completion. :D however, i hope there is no delay in key collection just like č construction. Anyway, key collection will b in phases. So let see who can celebrate children's day at o.g! :scared-1:

mdm k
05-09-09, 17:05
Went on site last evening. I give it 1-2weeks for full completion. :D however, i hope there is no delay in key collection just like č construction. Anyway, key collection will b in phases. So let see who can celebrate children's day at o.g! :scared-1:

Hi. Called the developer's office yesterday and she said TOP in Oct. I guess she is giving a safe gauge. But good to hear that it is nearly complete. We dropped by 2-3 weeks back and saw that they have started growing "greeneries" on the fence.

Thank you for the updates. Another family waiting to move in! ;)

jtpy
05-09-09, 22:33
Some photos taken today....

For sharing... ;)

http://cid-45cb849adf370039.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Oasis%20Garden/IMG%7C_4186.JPG

jtpy
05-09-09, 22:46
Sorry, pictures don't seemed to be showing... Will try again later...

jtpy
05-09-09, 23:04
Hope it works now... :cool:

nadoey
06-09-09, 01:08
Hey.. Thanks for the photo...

Was thinking of going there today in late afternoon... but rushing off for a friend's BBQ... Although can see the progress through your photo.. think my heart will be itchy... will drive down there on sun to see it "live"....

emm.... looks like u also station somewhere near the school gate to snap these photo ... me also enjoy the view from that spot when I was there ... or I should say everyone will choose that spot ... :)

Hope it works now... :cool:

jtpy
06-09-09, 09:51
Hey.. Thanks for the photo...

Was thinking of going there today in late afternoon... but rushing off for a friend's BBQ... Although can see the progress through your photo.. think my heart will be itchy... will drive down there on sun to see it "live"....

emm.... looks like u also station somewhere near the school gate to snap these photo ... me also enjoy the view from that spot when I was there ... or I should say everyone will choose that spot ... :)

Yep.. That view is nice... But I have photos taken from ALL angles.. ;) Stayed there to snap pictures for about 45minutes last evening.. :spliff:

nadoey
06-09-09, 12:02
Oh... 45 mins is quite long... u must have snap many photos...

Yep.. That view is nice... But I have photos taken from ALL angles.. ;) Stayed there to snap pictures for about 45minutes last evening.. :spliff:

nadoey
06-09-09, 12:07
Are these owner of OG.... and waiting to party in OG ...

banger69
cadencrh
Hello
mdm k
jtpy

Cheers.... :cheers1:

nadoey
06-09-09, 23:15
Went down at 3pm this afternoon.... seeing is believing...

The workers are still doing their stuff on Sun .... Some doing the green and other painting..

They are really rushing for TOP soon ... :D

joetankk
07-09-09, 00:05
how long would u all estimate to be the diff between the time the first owner collect the keys to the last?

Hello
07-09-09, 10:19

Calling out all OG Owners, please keep us posted here if anyone receive any calls from developer for key collection!! :D

mdm k
07-09-09, 11:35
Are these owner of OG.... and waiting to party in OG ...

banger69
cadencrh
Hello
mdm k
jtpy

Cheers.... :cheers1:t

sort of... Son starting P1... if hvn't move in by then, transporting him from our current location will be a headache :banghead:

penguin
07-09-09, 13:02
Did anyone manage to go into the compound to have a peek?

jtpy
07-09-09, 14:44
how long would u all estimate to be the diff between the time the first owner collect the keys to the last?
Guess it wouldn't be that long an interval as this is not a huge project to start with..

jtpy
07-09-09, 14:46
Calling out all OG Owners, please keep us posted here if anyone receive any calls from developer for key collection!! :D

I'll probably be able to controbute weekly photo updates so owners here can have a better gauge on key collection date.... :rolleyes:

jtpy
07-09-09, 14:47
Did anyone manage to go into the compound to have a peek?
U mean exterior landscaping or interior of the units.. Landscaping should be able to see from the perimeter fence as they have not fully planted stuff around it..

jtpy
07-09-09, 14:49
t

sort of... Son starting P1... if hvn't move in by then, transporting him from our current location will be a headache :banghead:

mdm.. your son's going to MSP or CP??

penguin
07-09-09, 16:18
U mean exterior landscaping or interior of the units.. Landscaping should be able to see from the perimeter fence as they have not fully planted stuff around it..

I'm referring to the interior... would be nice to see some pics of the actual finishing as opposed to the showflat.

Hello
07-09-09, 16:35
t

Hi Mdm K,

We are planning to send our kids to MSP, any balloting for this school?

nadoey
07-09-09, 20:15
You can visit this website for more info..

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/content/singapore-primary-1-registration-school-balloting-history

Hi Mdm K,

We are planning to send our kids to MSP, any balloting for this school?

nadoey
07-09-09, 20:16
Emmm... so you will be there to snap snap every week....
So next time I see someone there snap snap... must be you... :)

I'll probably be able to controbute weekly photo updates so owners here can have a better gauge on key collection date.... :rolleyes:

jtpy
07-09-09, 20:34
I'm referring to the interior... would be nice to see some pics of the actual finishing as opposed to the showflat.
That would be tough... Really have to "sneak" in.. :ashamed1:

jtpy
07-09-09, 20:36
Emmm... so you will be there to snap snap every week....
So next time I see someone there snap snap... must be you... :)
Hahaha... Just wink and I'll get the message.. :)

nadoey
07-09-09, 22:13
Getting the keys is one thing....

Still need to do some minor works before moving in.. lights, bay window, window grill.. emmm and what else ah??

jtpy
07-09-09, 22:42
1. Lights and light boxes
2. Bay windows
3. Feature wall TV console
4. Dining feature wall
5. Study table
6. Curtains
7. Blinds

nadoey
07-09-09, 22:44
Another big sum of money...

..... new sofa, dining table, beds to match the new home... :doh:

2. Bay windows
4. Dining feature wall
5. Study table
6. Curtains
7. Blinds

banger69
07-09-09, 23:07
Actually, it's rather easy to sneak in and take a look. So far, I've visited OG in the evenings at about 7plus and always slip through the side gate just opposite from Bartley Secondary School. Managed to walk into a 2 bedroom ground floor unit and as far as I can see in the dim light, it looks like the showflat minus the electric appliances. You may want to try your luck these few days. Hopefully, the gate is still open.

In terms of progress, as at yesterday, the block just beside the above mentioned side gate still needs to be painted and the grounds around the swimming pool need to be seeded with grass. However, it seems that the workers have started cleaning up the premises. The floors in the lobby were rather wet and seemed to have received a good hosing.

jtpy
08-09-09, 15:22
Hmm.. That's not a bad idea.. May try it this coming weekend.. Hopefully I don't get caught.. :tsk-tsk:

jtpy
08-09-09, 16:10
Got some info that there was a big group of people at the site this morning pointing here and there.. Hope it is the TOP inspection.. ;)

Anybody can confirm? :o

banger69
08-09-09, 21:06
Popped by OG a while ago and was surprised that it was deserted. It's usually teaming with workers when I visit at 7plus in the evening, but there was only one solitary worker stationed at the guard house.

So, here's the latest from that worker.

OG has passed its inspection today and will TOP this week.

Units will apparently be released in batches of 5 starting from next week.

Also took a nice stroll right into OG by the main entrance, all the way to the swimming pool and back. The kids' playground is not done up yet and of course, there's no equipment in the gym. Grass still has to be seeded in certain areas, but that's it. What you or should I say, I see, is what I'll and you'll get.

I hope that all owners will get their keys soon and will enjoy staying in OG.

All the best.

Hello
08-09-09, 22:17
Popped by OG a while ago and was surprised that it was deserted. It's usually teaming with workers when I visit at 7plus in the evening, but there was only one solitary worker stationed at the guard house.

Also took a nice stroll right into OG by the main entrance, all the way to the swimming pool and back. The kids' playground is not done up yet and of course, there's no equipment in the gym. Grass still has to be seeded in certain areas, but that's it. What you or should I say, I see, is what I'll and you'll get.

All the best.

Hooray!! :cheers5: :cheers5: Can't wait to move in there :D Guess most of us will drop by there this weekend. Hahahaha...

caren
09-09-09, 00:07

All the best.

:cheers1: :D :D :D

noops
09-09-09, 00:31
any idea on how the key collection procedure is like and how long will the whole thing take?:beats-me-man:
cant wait...to start buying furniture etc etc :character0029: hehe

nadoey
09-09-09, 01:58
If these are the owners of OG..

banger69
cadencrh
Hello
mdm k
jtpy
mikeFoo
TSK
penguin
caren
noops
nadoey

We will have about 8% chance to "see" the joy of those who got the keys and they start posting in here.. Anymore OG owners in the forum ??

nadoey
09-09-09, 02:03

All the best.

Thanks for the update... Great news...

Looking forward to the weekend to hang around Jln Bunga Rampai...
Emm... must start to get use to the road name... :D

cutematilda
09-09-09, 08:34
Pls count me in .... yeah finally get to use my ID .... have been reading abt this but account only just got activated .... :o

If these are the owners of OG..

banger69
cadencrh
Hello
mdm k
jtpy
mikeFoo
TSK
penguin
caren
noops
nadoey

We will have about 8% chance to "see" the joy of those who got the keys and they start posting in here.. Anymore OG owners in the forum ??

cutematilda
09-09-09, 08:37
Wow ... thanks for the update ... me newbie here & I muz say that u've been giving pretty helpful updates :cheers1:

Hope to see wat u've seen ;)

cutematilda
09-09-09, 08:39
hi folks .... maybe to add need to frost the bathroom windows?? My hubby said to use that but I was thinking of blinds ... which one betta?

2. Bay windows
4. Dining feature wall
5. Study table
6. Curtains
7. Blinds

cutematilda
09-09-09, 08:45
any idea on how the key collection procedure is like and how long will the whole thing take?:beats-me-man:
cant wait...to start buying furniture etc etc :character0029: hehe

heheee .. me getting excited too. Can't help post a few messages here!!

Is it really 5 per day? Or per week? Please enlighten, thanks! :p

xebay11
09-09-09, 09:37
hi folks .... maybe to add need to frost the bathroom windows?? My hubby said to use that but I was thinking of blinds ... which one betta?

For privacy blinds better, frost can show outline.

Cost wise frost cheaper.

mdm k
09-09-09, 09:38
Called the developer this morning. Keys will be released according to blocks, firstly to block 51 then 53 and so on. Block 53 expected to be released by mid Oct 09.

Hello
09-09-09, 11:09
Called the developer this morning. Keys will be released according to blocks, firstly to block 51 then 53 and so on. Block 53 expected to be released by mid Oct 09.

Which block is 51, 53?? We only know stack 01, 02, 03 and so on..
Then those staying at the last block will be collecting thier keys around end Oct or ealy Nov??

Hello
09-09-09, 11:16
This thread is starting to get HOT!!! :D

Hello
09-09-09, 11:18

The blocks are stated on the brochure?? Cannot remember, probably will check later.

statix
09-09-09, 11:27
Block 51 should be units 01-04 and then block 53 with the next four unit numbers.... so on and so forth

Hello
09-09-09, 11:40
Block 51 should be units 01-04 and then block 53 with the next four unit numbers.... so on and so forth

Got it!! Checked from brochure...

Block 51: 01-03
Block 53: 05-06
Block 55: 07-09

Guess mine will be a longer wait...any kind souls who get the keys first, can invite me to your unit?? Can't wait to see the interior...;)

cutematilda
09-09-09, 12:01

Oh take so long? So the 5 is 5 per day correct? The discussion is getting hot already :cheers1:

edwinleeap
09-09-09, 14:53
Blk 51 - stack 01, 02, 03 #01-01, #01-02, #01-03 etc
Blk 53 - stack 04, 05, 06
Blk 55 - stach 07, 08, 09

;)

cadencrh
09-09-09, 15:39

All the best.

Practically, I don't think we can get the keys starting next week, the facade painting and removing of window protection are still outstanding on the front facing. Give them another 2 weeks to do the final housekeeping probably?

nadoey
09-09-09, 16:46
If I remember correctly, there is no stack 04 for Blk 53..

Only Blk 53 - stack 05, 06

Blk 51 - stack 01, 02, 03 #01-01, #01-02, #01-03 etc
Blk 53 - stack 04, 05, 06
Blk 55 - stach 07, 08, 09

;)

jtpy
09-09-09, 16:51
This thread is picking up fast and furious!! For those who pass by the site.. Pse provide updates and pictures if possible.. I'll be doing likewise!! ;)

jtpy
09-09-09, 16:52
If I remember correctly, there is no stack 04 for Blk 53..

Only Blk 53 - stack 05, 06

Yes, there are no 04 units...

So it is 3-2-3 units based on the lift lobbies..

nadoey
09-09-09, 16:52
ideally unless they paint today & tomo.. then remove the window protection over next 3 days... then maybe next mon still possible.. :)

How about those electric appliance (fridge, wine carbinet, etc) to be installed in the unit? All done ? :beats-me-man:

Practically, I don't think we can get the keys starting next week, the facade painting and removing of window protection are still outstanding on the front facing. Give them another 2 weeks to do the final housekeeping probably?

jtpy
09-09-09, 16:54
Hmm.. I thought Banger was inside one of the units a few days back? Maybe he can advise on whether the appliances are already inside and fixed...

nadoey
09-09-09, 16:57
Think he mentioned " minus the electric appliances. "... then when will they install ?? after getting the keys ??

Hmm.. I thought Banger was inside one of the units a few days back? Maybe he can advise on whether the appliances are already inside and fixed...

jtpy
09-09-09, 17:09
Oh yes.. just saw his post.. Looks like have to call developer then..

Mdm K?? :D :D :D

nadoey
09-09-09, 20:35
hee hee ... just back from OG.... cant wait for weekend to view ...

Cannot believe myself to hang around there for 45 mins...
Start walking from the school gate that side gate to the main gate, then walk back to that side gate and back to the main gate again... :D

Talk to the indian guard there.... he said take key in Jan 2010, then he contradict himself by saying all construction complete, very urgent to finish it and only left the planting. :doh:

Yah... the window protection sheet still there..

jtpy
09-09-09, 21:23
Based on Mdm k's check with developers, the key collection should start soon.. Hmmm...

nadoey
09-09-09, 21:49
Before I left OG at 7.45pm, saw a couple park their car in front of the main gate, both alight, the lady stand at the gate and the man with a cigarette just walk straight into OG to see see the area like inspector.... wonder who are they.. :beats-me-man:

I thou they are from this forum...

Then I ask the lady if they are OG owner and she say no... :tongue3:

nadoey
09-09-09, 21:57
Manage to snap 3 evening photo of OG using my N97...

banger69
09-09-09, 22:10
As per my earlier post, I did not see any electrical appliances when I was in a unit. Most likely, they'll only be installed according to the units which are released to their owners.

Actually, you too can walk straight into OG. Be nice and friendly to the security guard and ask if you can just take a quick look inside. I've been visiting OG so often that he recognises me. For you, perhaps you can bribe him with a drink or snacks! After all, he must feel dull holed up night and day in the guard house!

Not too sure about whether the release of units will be on a weekly or daily basis though. If I can, I'll pop by OG this week and 'pump' the workers and guard for more details.

Anyway, if any one of you get your keys, please be a kind soul and update us all here.

Thanks in advance.

jtpy
09-09-09, 22:23
Hey, thanks for the photos! :)

Looks neater than the past Sunday definitely.. The protection sheets for the windows facing the showroom building are all peeled off?

jtpy
09-09-09, 22:26
As per my earlier post, I did not see any electrical appliances when I was in a unit. Most likely, they'll only be installed according to the units which are released to their owners.

Actually, you too can walk straight into OG. Be nice and friendly to the security guard and ask if you can just take a quick look inside. I've been visiting OG so often that he recognises me. For you, perhaps you can bribe him with a drink or snacks! After all, he must feel dull holed up night and day in the guard house!

Not too sure about whether the release of units will be on a weekly or daily basis though. If I can, I'll pop by OG this week and 'pump' the workers and guard for more details.

Anyway, if any one of you get your keys, please be a kind soul and update us all here.

Thanks in advance.

Hey banger, thanks for the update.. Maybe I also drop by and cho cho the guard to let me go in look see look see.. Are the lifts working already?? :D

nadoey
09-09-09, 22:33
eemmm.... did not notice that.... but those facing the swiming pool side are still there...

Hey, thanks for the photos! :)

Looks neater than the past Sunday definitely.. The protection sheets for the windows facing the showroom building are all peeled off?

nadoey
09-09-09, 22:39
Actually did went in a bit into OG, from the side gate nearer to the school when the workers taking their rest/dinner but that's abt 7.40pm... dark dark and did not see much... from the ground unit of stack 02, can see the swimming pool filled water as they turn on the pool side light. Can also see the shower head in the toilet of stack 01 ground unit...

Thanks in advance.

Hello
09-09-09, 23:16

Thanks for the photos! Starting to see OG coming to live as before this it was like any other messy construction site..:D Don't know if can wait till this weekend....feels like heading down to OG tomorrow...:spliff:

banger69
10-09-09, 10:10
Am not sure if the lifts are working. Was carrying my baby and did not want to risk being trapped inside!

Hello
10-09-09, 10:37
Just called the developer and they said that 'Inspection' is still going on...not completed yet, normally take up a few weeks. That is probably why sometimes you see people pointing here and there as these people will be there everyday to inspect for a few weeks before OG can get TOP.

Developer are looking at around end of Oct to get TOP...

Hello
10-09-09, 10:41
Just called the developer and they said that 'Inspection' is still going on...not completed yet, normally take up a few weeks. That is probably why sometimes you see people pointing here and there as these people will be there everyday to inspect for a few weeks before OG can get TOP.

Developer are looking at around end of Oct to get TOP...

:doh: I mean developer is looking at this month end to obtain TOP...Not end of Oct...:D

nadoey
10-09-09, 11:49
Thanks for the updates....
So Oct will be a beautiful month to look forwards to ...:)

:doh: I mean developer is looking at this month end to obtain TOP...Not end of Oct...:D

cutematilda
10-09-09, 12:11
Thanks for the updates....
So Oct will be a beautiful month to look forwards to ...:)

children day, then followed by mid-autumn

Really wish to go check out the unit & start the furnishing in Oct!

jtpy
11-09-09, 21:22
Just visited the site at about 6pm and took some pictures...

Realized that the new gate exiting from the lift lobby of Blk 51 does not have place to mount the access card reader.. Perhaps this is an emergency gate rather than a normal gate for residents?? :beats-me-man:

jtpy
11-09-09, 21:25
Some photo updates of the back of the property...

jtpy
11-09-09, 21:28
Entrance to the property...

jtpy
11-09-09, 21:30
Steam room and pool shower rooms...

5zigen28
11-09-09, 23:13
Thanks jtpy for the latest updates.. Looks like I'll be there tomorrow to view it "live"...:)

nadoey
12-09-09, 01:24
I saw that on wed evening too ... was thinking they have yet to install the access card reader....

So u stay there for another 45 mins to snap snap...

Just visited the site at about 6pm and took some pictures...

Realized that the new gate exiting from the lift lobby of Blk 51 does not have place to mount the access card reader.. Perhaps this is an emergency gate rather than a normal gate for residents?? :beats-me-man:

nadoey
12-09-09, 01:31
Emmm... .the list is growing....
did I missed anyone out or added wrongly ??

Think the guard at OG will have a busy weekends... to entertain all the anxious OGO... :D

1) banger69
2) cadencrh
3) Hello
4) mdm k
5) jtpy
6) mikeFoo
7) TSK
8) penguin
9) caren
10) noops
11) cutematilda
12) statix
13) edwinleeap
14) 5zigen28
15) nadoey

jtpy
12-09-09, 10:15
I saw that on wed evening too ... was thinking they have yet to install the access card reader....

So u stay there for another 45 mins to snap snap...

The "official" side gate has a concrete slab and bunch of wires ready for mounting the card reader... Not for this "additional and new" side gate though...

Didn't stay that long yesterday... just 30mins to snap snap..

Haven't found the courage to ask the guard for permission to take a walk inside though... :ashamed1:

cutematilda
12-09-09, 10:57
The "official" side gate has a concrete slab and bunch of wires ready for mounting the card reader... Not for this "additional and new" side gate though...

Didn't stay that long yesterday... just 30mins to snap snap..

Haven't found the courage to ask the guard for permission to take a walk inside though... :ashamed1:

Me & hubby tried yest evening, but he said NO to us (maybe we didn't buy him drinks? :ashamed1: )

Hello
13-09-09, 22:44
Emmm... .the list is growing....
did I missed anyone out or added wrongly ??

Think the guard at OG will have a busy weekends... to entertain all the anxious OGO... :D

1) banger69
2) cadencrh
3) Hello
4) mdm k
5) jtpy
6) mikeFoo
7) TSK
8) penguin
9) caren
10) noops
11) cutematilda
12) statix
13) edwinleeap
14) 5zigen28
15) nadoey

Thanks for updating the list of OGO.. list getting longer now..;)

cadencrh
13-09-09, 23:15
more than 10% of ogo r in č list :D

jtpy
14-09-09, 20:28
Visited the site today again.. Saw the workers bringing boxes up to the units.. Probably the kitchen appliances...

cutematilda
14-09-09, 20:45

yeh....we can start to form og mc :D

nadoey
15-09-09, 00:45
yeah yeah... first thing first is to organise bulk purchase for major items or anything needed for the new home.. :D:2cents::D

nadoey
15-09-09, 00:50
oh... thats great ....

errr... you stay near or work near OG? like visit OG very often leh.. but hor... that's great for this forum... always got updates from you... :)

Visited the site today again.. Saw the workers bringing boxes up to the units.. Probably the kitchen appliances...

edwinleeap
15-09-09, 00:51
Where do all of you intend to hang your clothes to dry? Not sure if the developer allows us to install retractable clothes hanger outside the kitchen window above the a.c. ledge?

nadoey
15-09-09, 00:53
ah.... one of the item for bulk purchase... :D

Where do all of you intend to hang your clothes to dry? Not sure if the developer allows us to install retractable clothes hanger outside the kitchen window above the a.c. ledge?

jtpy
15-09-09, 10:10
oh... thats great ....

errr... you stay near or work near OG? like visit OG very often leh.. but hor... that's great for this forum... always got updates from you... :)
10 mins drive.. ;) But I'm usually only free on weekends.. Just that yesterday I'm on child care leave and my son needs and an extended drive to sleep longer...:)

jtpy
15-09-09, 10:25
Think getting a dryer may be a better option.. The yard area is not exactly big...

nadoey
15-09-09, 11:12
Dryer consume more electric power... :(

Think getting a dryer may be a better option.. The yard area is not exactly big...

jtpy
15-09-09, 14:07
Dryer consume more electric power... :(
There a gas option from Citigas.. Suppose to consume less power and cost less in terms of running costs..

The main problem is that the yard is integrated with the kitchen and if your family cooks, then there will be a problem with the drying clothes... The aircon latch area is not exactly big and acessible as well..

cadencrh
15-09-09, 14:16

So early?? That spells big trouble for the Managing Agent who will be appointed by Dev to manage the estate.. :D :D

Anyway, its good to know that there are so many active owners. It really means our home will be well taken care of! :cheers1:

banger69
15-09-09, 14:18
I just hope that regardless of whether the developer allows us to install a retractable dryer above the air con ledge, none of our OG residents dry their clothes or worse, underwear by hanging them over the window or balcony ledges!

That, above all, will totally spoil the look of OG!

Perhaps you may want to consider getting a dryer. I've been using a dryer for many years and the plus points about it are that I save time hanging the clothes on the poles, I don't have to monitor the weather and I also save on ironing!

nadoey
15-09-09, 14:39
woo.... what brand of the dryer you use? can consider ...

I just hope that regardless of whether the developer allows us to install a retractable dryer above the air con ledge, none of our OG residents dry their clothes or worse, underwear by hanging them over the window or balcony ledges!

That, above all, will totally spoil the look of OG!

Perhaps you may want to consider getting a dryer. I've been using a dryer for many years and the plus points about it are that I save time hanging the clothes on the poles, I don't have to monitor the weather and I also save on ironing!

cutematilda
15-09-09, 20:09
woo.... what brand of the dryer you use? can consider ...

currently, we r using ariston washer and dryer. both have served us well for 5+ yrs....... thinking of buying ariston washer dryer (7kg washing load & 5 kg drying load)........ maybe we can bulk purchase fr mayer to get a better price....:D

jtpy
15-09-09, 22:14
Latest transaction.. 2 units left and I believe are the penthouses...

One unit sold at $827psf in Aug 09.. Believe it is #14-02..

jtpy
15-09-09, 23:46
currently, we r using ariston washer and dryer. both have served us well for 5+ yrs....... thinking of buying ariston washer dryer (7kg washing load & 5 kg drying load)........ maybe we can bulk purchase fr mayer to get a better price....:D
Mayer is offering an Indesit 7kg washer + 6kg dryer package at $1099..

nadoey
16-09-09, 11:33
yeah... good idea... can consider... :)

cutematilda
16-09-09, 18:00
yeah... good idea... can consider... :)

That is if you got space or you want to stack them up? :)

matadorepy
16-09-09, 21:02
That is if you got space or you want to stack them up? :)
I don't own any unit in OG ? Can I ask what is the Maintenance fee for 2 bedder or 3 bedder ?

nadoey
16-09-09, 23:03
You these 2 ??
WIXL 105 - 7 kg Washer (max. load)
IS 60 V - 6 kg Dryer

mdm k
17-09-09, 06:29
mdm.. your son's going to MSP or CP??

Hi jtpy. Actually he'll be attending CHS. Its much nearer from OG than where we are now. :ashamed1:

mdm k
17-09-09, 06:37
The blocks are stated on the brochure?? Cannot remember, probably will check later.

Yup, you are right - as per the brochure... been flipping thru it sooooo many times and dreaming too hehehe :sleep:

nadoey
17-09-09, 13:57
Woo... you managed to get your son into CHS... not easy lah...

Initially, we plan for our son too... but later change of plan.. now target MSP.

Hi jtpy. Actually he'll be attending CHS. Its much nearer from OG than where we are now. :ashamed1:

nadoey
17-09-09, 14:02
Is the "washer" and "dryer" better or a "washer dryer" ?
Of cos the diff is 2 boxes vs 1 box.. save space.
Price of 1 box should be cheaper that 2 boxes... save money, rite?
any others ?

I never use a dryer before...
only the spin function in the washer.. come out still wet.

coburn
17-09-09, 14:39
any others ?

up to individual...
some dont like the combined function becos if 1 is spoilt, then the other also cannot use...

in addition, having a separate dryer means you can continue to wash the second load while the first load is drying... saves time

as for price, 2 in 1 is not necessarily cheaper.. depends on brand..
i have been using the ariston washer and dryer (separate) for nearly 6 years already... no problems so far...

nadoey
17-09-09, 14:50
Thanks for sharing...

Was your electricity bill high ?

Looks like ariston is the common word...

up to individual...
some dont like the combined function becos if 1 is spoilt, then the other also cannot use...

in addition, having a separate dryer means you can continue to wash the second load while the first load is drying... saves time

as for price, 2 in 1 is not necessarily cheaper.. depends on brand..
i have been using the ariston washer and dryer (separate) for nearly 6 years already... no problems so far...

coburn
17-09-09, 17:01
Thanks for sharing...

Was your electricity bill high ?

Looks like ariston is the common word...

it is definitely higher...
my electricity bills range from 100 - 150 per month..
but again i use air-con and cooker often so it is really up to individual household.

get the salesman to estimate the electricity cost (1hr of usage x 2 times a week x power consumption etc)..

for us, the convenience of not having to put wet clothes on poles and able to dry my clothes any time of the day outweighs the cost of using it

cutematilda
17-09-09, 21:16
any others ?

just visited mayer@greatworld city with hubby to check out the prices.....2-in-1 ariston washer dryer costs $1399. 2-in-1 indesit washer dryer(smaller capacity ie 6 kg washing load & 5 kg drying load) costs $999. as a comparion, a korean brand washer dryer costs jus slightly below $1k (i think:confused: ).....

still thinking if to get 2 boxes or 1 box......maybe leave it to hubby to decide haha.... if no gd... its his decision.....

nadoey
17-09-09, 21:33
jtpy mentioned that Mayer is offering an Indesit 7kg washer + 6kg dryer package at $1099.. that's mean for another $100 more... you get another box & higher capacity.. more worth it ?? :D

you no ask them if buy more got any discount...:2cents:

just visited mayer@greatworld city with hubby to check out the prices.....2-in-1 ariston washer dryer costs $1399. 2-in-1 indesit washer dryer(smaller capacity ie 6 kg washing load & 5 kg drying load) costs $999. as a comparion, a korean brand washer dryer costs jus slightly below $1k (i think:confused: ).....

still thinking if to get 2 boxes or 1 box......maybe leave it to hubby to decide haha.... if no gd... its his decision.....

cutematilda
17-09-09, 21:41
jtpy mentioned that Mayer is offering an Indesit 7kg washer + 6kg dryer package at $1099.. that's mean for another $100 more... you get another box & higher capacity.. more worth it ?? :D

Just general observation only hor, think Indesit less branded than Ariston leh .. although both Italian brands, not exactly apple to apple comparison rite ...:2cents:

jtpy
17-09-09, 22:53
Just general observation only hor, think Indesit less branded than Ariston leh .. although both Italian brands, not exactly apple to apple comparison rite ...:2cents:
They are actually the same company

http://www.indesitcompany.com/inst/en/vision/vision.jsp

jtpy
17-09-09, 23:07
any others ?

For the washer+dryer combi into 1 box type, you must take note of the capacity. Some have 8kg washing and 4kg drying capacity only.. This would mean if you are washing 8kg of clothes, you need to take out 4kg first before you can start drying.. So you have to be careful...

For e.g.

The Indesit Washer+Dryer Model WIDXL 86 has 6kg washing and 5kg drying capacities..

And the Ariston Model ARM7L125 has 7kg washing and 5kg drying capacities..

I also did not believe in dryer initially. But after staying in US for 1 year where not many people hang their clothes out to dry, I became a dryer convert since I came back. I now swear by a dryer for it versatility in the time of washing my clothes albeit the slightly higher electrical cost.. :spliff:

Hello
18-09-09, 10:34

Ya, quite interested too. Maybe can check with them if buy more got more discount? So how many OGO here are interested??

nadoey
19-09-09, 01:12
Emmmm..... interesting if can go below $1K (based on jtpy's mentioned Indesit promotion)

Ya, quite interested too. Maybe can check with them if buy more got more discount? So how many OGO here are interested??

nadoey
19-09-09, 01:16
Long weekend is here ...
Any OGO or OG'ian here plan to visit OG to see see look look again ?? :D

I should be one of them... it has become a routine... ;)

Sometime thinking back... why visit OG so often when u going to stay there soon and for quite awhile... :confused:

nadoey
21-09-09, 01:42
Emm... went down to OG again this afternoon at 3plus...
Stay about 15 mins.

Not much difference since...
Saw some tall bamboo plant and dead leaf..
Saw one of the balcony glass panel is not fix...
Saw the workers are pasting masking tape on the window frames...

Getting ready for another round of whole building painting? :beats-me-man:

Definitely saw the man painting the wooden portion next to main entrance that has the name "Oasis Garden"... Really re-painting the whole place ?

cutematilda
21-09-09, 15:48
Hmm ... looks like got to wait some more, & not as wat was previously said to be early Oct? :(

mdm k
22-09-09, 03:05
Didn't think of bulk purchase with the rest of OG owners... :doh:
I've never used a dryer at home before either but I think will definitely need it as the yard looks so small and dunno whether if can get full sunlight.

I just bought Bosch 7kg washer for $869 and 7kg dryer for $899 a few weeks back from Courts (yah, I know..so early buy things already hehehe). And got the staff to change the $200 shopping voucher to Courts voucher instead which I used to offset another item. It does seem quite ex when compared to the Ariston one. And decided against buying 2-in-1 becos if its spoilt, that's it lah...

Aiyah, buy already leh.... was also concerned with the bill so I bought the one with the higher energy saving rating... can't rbb the electricity consumption else it is easy to calculate the cost of running. But the staff was telling me that some of the European brands are actually made in Indon/Thai so it is cheaper. So check first :)

Oh yah, also a very big thank you for all the pictures and the updates on the progress as it is not convenient for me to go down for the next few weeks :cheers4:

mcmlxxvi
22-09-09, 09:31
OMG is it my eyes or the windows are tinted green........

banger69
22-09-09, 11:41
Dear lucky OGPs ( Oasis Garden People),

Went in again for everyone. A picture says a thousand words.

Our oasis garden in stressful Singapore is not worth 1k psf, but priceless. I will not be selling at any price.

When TOP, it will be the most relaxed and happiest condo in the northeast

Enjoy
:)

cutematilda
22-09-09, 14:09
I just bought Bosch 7kg washer for $869 and 7kg dryer for $899 a few weeks back from Courts (yah, I know..so early buy things already hehehe). And got the staff to change the $200 shopping voucher to Courts voucher instead which I used to offset another item. It does seem quite ex when compared to the Ariston one. And decided against buying 2-in-1 becos if its spoilt, that's it lah...

Aiyah, buy already leh.... was also concerned with the bill so I bought the one with the higher energy saving rating... can't rbb the electricity consumption else it is easy to calculate the cost of running. But the staff was telling me that some of the European brands are actually made in Indon/Thai so it is cheaper. So check first :)

Hi mdm k, think the energy saving info is reflected in the form of ticks. The more ticks on label the better. Ariston & Indesit shld be both made in Italy, but think Bosch shld be a good brand too ... u really "on" ;)

cutematilda
22-09-09, 14:10
Thanks banger69 for the pictures & updates! So you managed to sneak in?!?

banger69
22-09-09, 14:23
Visited OG on Sunday afternoon and saw that the side gate diagonally opposite the secondary school was open. So, went in and took some photos to share with all of you. The kids' playground is almost completed. It has a little 'tree house'.

Also, I saw the workers carrying out huge empty boxes. From the text printed on the boxes, I believe they previously contained our appliances. Finally, the workers seem to be removing the protective film over the windows. Some of the windows facing towards the pool no longer have the film.

We can forget about asking the security guard to let us take a look in the condo. The 'nice' security guard has been replaced by another who will glare at you if you so much as step a foot past the gate divider!

I've already got a Bosch dryer so I'm afraid I won't join in the bulk purchase. This is my 2nd dryer, and from my own experience, I do not recommend getting a dryer from China. My 1st dryer was from China and it conked out after only 2 years. My current dryer is from Italy and touch wood, it's been 3 years and still going strong.

Also, we may want to consider bulk purchase for curtains, roller blinds or even painting! We'll all need that!

Perhaps we should even have a garage sale if we're moving into OG from another home. We definitely would have things to dispose of such as kids' toys etc. After all, one man's junk is another man's treasure!

cutematilda
22-09-09, 14:26
We can forget about asking the security guard to let us take a look in the condo. The 'nice' security guard has been replaced by another who will glare at you if you so much as step a foot past the gate divider!

I've already got a Bosch dryer, but we may want to consider bulk purchase for curtains, roller blinds or even painting! We'll all need that!

Guess the one whom we met muz be the one that glares :( so no luck to enter. Maybe try sneaking :o

Oh, looks like Bosch is a popular brand.

mdm k
23-09-09, 12:18
Hey cutematilda. Whatever I can settle, or do bit by bit, I do it first so it will not be overwhelming later :)

Banger69, if u got lobang for reliable (n cheap hehe...) for curtains, blinds etc yah can count me in...also the pool looks inviting.....sigh....

Hello
23-09-09, 16:37
Dear lucky OGPs ( Oasis Garden People),

Went in again for everyone. A picture says a thousand words.

Our oasis garden in stressful Singapore is not worth 1k psf, but priceless. I will not be selling at any price.

When TOP, it will be the most relaxed and happiest condo in the northeast

Enjoy
:)

Wow!! Finally get to see the pool, have been trying to sneak in but side gate always locked. :D

Did you see the children's pool? Small?

banger69
23-09-09, 16:45
Do not expect too much in terms of size for the kids' swimming pool, kid's playground, steam rooms and the gym. They are rather small although functional.

For instance, the kids' swimming pool should be correctly called the kids' wading pool. The water reaches up probably to my knees.

But the adults' swimming pool is gorgeous. When the frangipangis beside it are full grown and in bloom, it'll be perfect. I doubt many of us will be visiting Bali in future. Might as well stay at home!

nadoey
23-09-09, 18:02
Agreed. No more Bali... :cool:

Do not expect too much in terms of size for the kids' swimming pool, kid's playground, steam rooms and the gym. They are rather small although functional.

For instance, the kids' swimming pool should be correctly called the kids' wading pool. The water reaches up probably to my knees.

But the adults' swimming pool is gorgeous. When the frangipangis beside it are full grown and in bloom, it'll be perfect. I doubt many of us will be visiting Bali in future. Might as well stay at home!

cutematilda
24-09-09, 14:00
Hi mdm k, looks like you've a busy schedule, so good to shop in advance lor .. btw, two machines plan to stack up or side-by-side? Sorry, abit aunty talk now but then again we talking abt kitchen rite :p

Hi banger69, thanks again for the heads up on the kiddy pool.

Hello
24-09-09, 14:10

True, the rest of are rather small and yes it is so small that it should be called the kids' wading pool. :doh:

Hehe..yes Bali right at our doorstep...no more visiting Bali..

In fact, we already purchased some of the items for our new nest as sometimes you see something you like but a few months later might no longer be available...:D Like Mdm K, don't want to rush to buy everything at one go.

cutematilda
24-09-09, 16:28
True, the rest of are rather small and yes it is so small that it should be called the kids' wading pool. :doh:

Hehe..yes Bali right at our doorstep...no more visiting Bali..

In fact, we already purchased some of the items for our new nest as sometimes you see something you like but a few months later might no longer be available...:D Like Mdm K, don't want to rush to buy everything at one go.

True hor ... looks like I got to ask hubby to go shopping more often :D
But for furniture, quite afraid if later measurement not suitable leh ..

mdm k
24-09-09, 17:07
Hi Hello and Cutematilda... glad that i am not the only who has been looking/buying stuff. Yup, the washer/dryer will be stacked. Dunno how much it will cost now to 'raise' the base of the floor by a few inches in order to place the washer/dryer..... and also another base for chest freezer.

But the furniture will have to wait until we see the place cos not sure abt the measurement, dunno how accurate the floor plan is cos it comes with a disclaimer from the developer.

Also hopefully there will be sale/lelongs to look out for. Have anyone checked out the factories sale around OG? any good?

cutematilda
24-09-09, 17:50
hey mdm k, checked out furniture warehse sales but hubby said no pt buying now as betta to be k.s. abit i.e. play safe and take measurement wor. We visited the one (if u've heard of it) melandas. Think that company used to be at paragon then decided to move to china to sell furniture. Now maybe they intend to return so recently held a warehse sales.

Haven't tried stacking up two machines but currently we use both, side-by-side. Do share if u got good ideas about the 'stacking' concept as me afraid of the machines collapsing :ashamed1:

alamak
24-09-09, 21:23

May I know how deep is the pool ?

cutematilda
26-09-09, 20:50
May I know how deep is the pool ?

I thot these days adult pool must follow standard i.e. can't be too deep?

Hi banger69, when u said kiddy pool smallish, exactly how small is the wading pool? Is there a fountain near it as per the artist impression? Do u've any pix to share over that side?

nadoey
28-09-09, 15:36
Emmm.... a very quiet weekend...

Oct is approaching....

Is this the "calm-ness" before the "storm"?
A good "storm" rather... :)

nadoey
30-09-09, 21:21
Went down to OG on the last day of Sept....

Not much changes... workers still do minor work inside and outside the units..

Are the standard unit windows & glass planels supposed to be green in color?:confused:

End Oct TOP ??? :beats-me-man:

jtpy
30-09-09, 21:56
Thought it should be clear? Could it be the protection layer?

I'm currently overseas for business and thus no chance to go see the progress live.. Got to depend on you guys for updates liao.. :)

cutematilda
01-10-09, 17:34

Are the standard unit windows & glass planels supposed to be green in color?:confused:

What kind of minor work inside & outside when you went down yesterday? Last time saw some workers putting in the details such as pebbles near the main entrance i.e. the ground work at the round-about. Looks like they are at the stage where final details such as 'beautifying' the place are being carried out.

Happy children day .. today only 1 Oct, so we can count down. Hope won't take too long for the vacant possession.

Jazzer
01-10-09, 17:46
What kind of minor work inside & outside when you went down yesterday? Last time saw some workers putting in the details such as pebbles near the main entrance i.e. the ground work at the round-about. Looks like they are at the stage where final details such as 'beautifying' the place are being carried out.

Happy children day .. today only 1 Oct, so we can count down. Hope won't take too long for the vacant possession.

Anyone know how long does it take for a completed development to obtain TOP? Will it may takes months?

mdm k
01-10-09, 18:58

I hope the green that you see is really the protective layer and not the actual color of the windows. Else it looks awful.
Hey Nadoey and cutematilda, pls post some updated pics ok? So we can have a better idea of their progress (before giving them a call again ;) )

edwinleeap
01-10-09, 20:12
I received from the lawyer to ask for payment for completion of car park, road and drains(60%). The next stage is vacant possession (TOP). Anyone one has previous experience to know how long it will take from this stage(completion of car park etc) to to TOP?

nadoey
02-10-09, 22:01
Minor as some sort of patch work to the walls, windows, balcony...
See the workers hand around the baloncy and windows with scrapper/cutter..

But the side door card access reader is not mounted yet.

The look from outside has not much difference from few weeks back, so did not trigger to take any photos... let's see any difference over the weekend..

banger69
08-10-09, 13:26
Visited OG last evening and the security guard probably took pity on me and did not shout at me when I went all the way into OG.

The kids' playground is completed. It is very suitable for kids between 2 - 3 years old. Older kids would shun it though. I do wish though that there was some fencing or rails separating the playground and the kids' wading pool for security.

I also noticed a 'water-fall' between the 2 gyms.

The workers have been busy uprooting many of the plants and re-planting them with new ones. For instance, the dead bamboo plants at the side of OG facing the secondary school have been removed. The shrubs at the left side of OG's entrance have been replaced. For those of you who do not visit OG regularly, you would not notice the little differences. But for me, while I feel that all this re-work is wasting time, admittedly, it makes the place look even nicer.

Unfortunately, as I did not expect to be allowed inside, I did not have mo mobile phone on hand to snap some shots to share with you all.

Also, I see many workers in the individual units. According to the now very friendly security guard, they're touching up the units. The developer has already passed the necessary inspections, and it just not issuing TOP, which has now been delayed to next month. :banghead:

Since Children's Day and the Lantern Festival are over, I guess we can only cross our fingers and hope that we'll be able to celebrate Christmas there.

Jazzer
08-10-09, 15:10
Visited OG last evening and the security guard probably took pity on me and did not shout at me when I went all the way into OG.

The kids' playground is completed. It is very suitable for kids between 2 - 3 years old. Older kids would shun it though. I do wish though that there was some fencing or rails separating the playground and the kids' wading pool for security.

I also noticed a 'water-fall' between the 2 gyms.

The workers have been busy uprooting many of the plants and re-planting them with new ones. For instance, the dead bamboo plants at the side of OG facing the secondary school have been removed. The shrubs at the left side of OG's entrance have been replaced. For those of you who do not visit OG regularly, you would not notice the little differences. But for me, while I feel that all this re-work is wasting time, admittedly, it makes the place look even nicer.

Unfortunately, as I did not expect to be allowed inside, I did not have mo mobile phone on hand to snap some shots to share with you all.

Also, I see many workers in the individual units. According to the now very friendly security guard, they're touching up the units. The developer has already passed the necessary inspections, and it just not issuing TOP, which has now been delayed to next month. :banghead:

Since Children's Day and the Lantern Festival are over, I guess we can only cross our fingers and hope that we'll be able to celebrate Christmas there.

I think the delay in issusing the TOP may not be the developer but the BCA.

jtpy
09-10-09, 20:55
. The developer has already passed the necessary inspections, and it just not issuing TOP, which has now been delayed to next month. :banghead:

Next month meaning Nov 09? Oh, that is not really good news for us..:(

Singapore_Rat
12-10-09, 16:02
I was impressed with the layout. The area is quiet and very near to the MRT. What is the price per sq.ft.? The Gurkha compound is huge. Prime property if you ask me. I wonder if the gov't has plans to relocate them.

cutematilda
15-10-09, 18:25
No news yet anybody? or is it going to be like what banger69 updated i.e. till next month?!

Heard my hubby said his fren claimed that the gurkas could fulfill contractual obligation, then go home, so tt compound could be developed into something maybe?

Hello
16-10-09, 10:23
No news yet anybody? or is it going to be like what banger69 updated i.e. till next month?!

Heard my hubby said his fren claimed that the gurkas could fulfill contractual obligation, then go home, so tt compound could be developed into something maybe?

Tried to call the developer but it seems like they are trying to avoid the calls or questions. Is already mid of Oct, most likely will be drag again to Nov or maybe Dec...:doh:

banger69
19-10-09, 15:43
Hi fellow OGP,

While it is frustrating to wait and wait, our new home seems to be getting more and more beautiful. I managed to find out who is in charge of our very beautiful OG.

Ms Chang huai-yan. They also won the 2nd Prize by STB at Aichi Exposition, Singapore Pavilion.

Profile from web:

Salad Dressing was set up in 2002 by Chang huai-yan and Lee Berlin, who are both architecturally trained.

The principal designer, Chang huai-yan was trained by landscape artist, Michael White. Combining his training in architecture, he leads the company's vision in creating landscape with a romantic modernist touch.
The company believes in using new garden and bio-technology techniques when creating new aesthetics in landscape. We explore with new green roof system as well as vertical landscape techniques. Artwork that incorporates softscape is the other interest that we use to animate our garden.

http://www.saladlandscape.com/home.html

Let's hope we get the keys soon!

Cheers

Banger69

jtpy
19-10-09, 16:59
It is indeed frustrating... I visited the site on Saturday and was quite upset that there were only 3 person working inside.. One was assembling the rubbish bins to be placed at the ground floor lobbies while the other 2 were fixing the roof-top of the guardhouse.. Otherwise, the entire site was all quiet..

The other disturbing sight is that the gondola cables are still hanging there..

Call developer trying to get some leads, no answer.... :banghead:

Really frustrating!! :simmering:

edwinleeap
19-10-09, 17:21
Yes indeed. It appears that there are just minor works left, but the developer is not eager to finish it up...:tsk-tsk: I am really hoping for TOP and collection of keys before end of Oct.

jtpy
19-10-09, 18:58
That's the part I don't understand... Since they are almost sold out (left 2 untis of PH), ain't it better for them to collect the TOP $$ from the owners rather than to delay the TOP further? Doesn't make sense right? :beats-me-man:

Maybe Kheng Leong is just too rich... :scared-1:

cutematilda
20-10-09, 10:31
Like that means the new tv that we recently bought at a warehse sales got to come to current home since can't possibly wait for delivery to new address :(

Hello
20-10-09, 12:25
That's the part I don't understand... Since they are almost sold out (left 2 untis of PH), ain't it better for them to collect the TOP $$ from the owners rather than to delay the TOP further? Doesn't make sense right? :beats-me-man:

Maybe Kheng Leong is just too rich... :scared-1:

Kheng Leong's boss is actually UOB chairman son leh...of course they KL is rich...

jtpy
20-10-09, 15:08
Kheng Leong's boss is actually UOB chairman son leh...of course they KL is rich...

I know.. That's precisely my point..

Hello
20-10-09, 16:12
Maybe that is the reason why they can afford to delay 'TOP'...:doh:

cutematilda
20-10-09, 17:57
Among us is a proud owner *giggle*

Secrets to Oasis Garden?
Posted on Oct 20, 2009 by Banger
What type of home you want to live in?

Peaceful?
Safe?
Close to good schools?
Good transportation links?
Near eating places?
Growth potential?
Good Fengshui?

Oasis garden has it all. Why?

Peaceful? Balinese serenity with few landed residential and no HDB
Safe? In front of the Gurkha residences who are our elite police guards
Close to good schools? Maris Stella and Cedar, RI, RJC and International schools
Good transportation links? Circle line MRT, KPE and Tampines-Bartley - Queensway viaduct
Near eating places? Many coffeeshop and eatery along upper paya lebar
Growth potential? Under URA master plan for the next 10 years, Paya Lebar will be the new commercial Hub. The catch is there are few residential buildings in the area
Good Fengshui? Super if you understand Fengshui and know its importance in a home.

Lastly, it is FREEHOLD and like wine, it will get better with age instead of depreciating like 99LH.

What else you you want in a home?

cutematilda
20-10-09, 18:00
Hi banger

Do you intend to sell? Such a good write-up I must say. Thanks for sharing with the world the goodness of our new home.

Pardon me for posting your review here but I just got excited when I see people (or future neighbours being so proud of our OG) :ashamed1:

cutematilda
20-10-09, 18:05
Peaceful? Balinese serenity with few landed residential and no HDB
Safe? In front of the Gurkha residences who are our elite police guards
Close to good schools? Maris Stella and Cedar, RI, RJC and International schools
Good transportation links? Circle line MRT, KPE and Tampines-Bartley - Queensway viaduct
Near eating places? Many coffeeshop and eatery along upper paya lebar
Growth potential? Under URA master plan for the next 10 years, Paya Lebar will be the new commercial Hub. The catch is there are few residential buildings in the area
Good Fengshui? Super if you understand Fengshui and know its importance in a home.

Lastly, it is FREEHOLD and like wine, it will get better with age instead of depreciating like 99LH.

Especially like this part but is it near RI? Can also share more about fengshui, would like to learn how good is it. Thanks! :p

jtpy
20-10-09, 19:59
Wow, where did you find this post?? :scared-4:

But hor.. sound like property agent... :D

banger69
20-10-09, 23:42
Haha. I was bored in the office and decided to contribute to why Oasis Garden in property guru since no one wrote anything notable. Glad you like it. I am not a property agent and not intending to sell my unit too because a good home is hard to find and money in the bank does not bring happiness unlike a a good home for my family.

There are more than 20 units on sale and hope it may help them sell out their units faster and at a higher price for greater happiness.

On RI and RJC, the school is only 5 mins drive away. Having spend so much effort to raise funds building up the school, I would certainly hope my son can benefit from it as well.

On fengshui, there is really too much to talk about and difficult to write out accurately. Btw, I am not an expert but read a few books to learn. Just a few points of the top of my head,

1) Protection from the rear like hills and mountains. In our case Gurkhas, the elite defenders of Singapore and their families. Trained to protect with their lives, do you think any bad guys will dare come close?

2) Smooth flowing qi like water or air in the front. OG has constant breeze from the unblocked north. Smooth flowing traffic in front most of the time especially on weekends and nights

3) Bend in the road in front from Upper paya lebar to Bartley is good. Roads bending away is bad. Never buy near expressways, the occupants will be easily irritated and excitable due to the fast moving traffic.

4) Never buy near pubs or religious places. Too many vices and sorrows.

5) Buy near schools as education is very positive and the best gift you can give your child

I guess, the easiest is to feel. Take a walk around OG in the evenings or weekends, how do you feel?

Do you hear peace and tranquility? You do feel the constant breeze? Do you hear kids laughing? Do you see happy Gurkha families walking and running together? Do you feel at peace with this world?

With peace, you will find happiness and prosperity. Cheers

xebay11
21-10-09, 08:03
Sounds nice, especially since it is FH and peaceful. :)

cutematilda
21-10-09, 09:12
Wow ... I really like the way banger puts in ... I can literally feel the positive energy flowing already!

Hi jtpy, think you would have found it by now .. yup, guess correctly >> propertyguru ;)

jtpy
21-10-09, 09:50
Good for everyone of us!!

Anyway, my agent just told me that the last 3 bedder in O.Gdn #14-02 was sold for $827psf... That's not too bad news for those of us who bought our units at lower psf....;)

cutematilda
21-10-09, 12:43
Yup, good news for everyone, hopefully also include those who bought really early during the boom time. Perhaps now the pricing almost close to that level then two years ago? More positive energy when everyone is happy! :p

Just a question as I'm really new in Fengshui. Thought the road is so wide outside that it appears that there is another one bending outward? Referring to point 3 shared by banger, does it mean the flyover, which is not too near but also not that far, is no good?

3) Bend in the road in front from Upper paya lebar to Bartley is good. Roads bending away is bad. Never buy near expressways, the occupants will be easily irritated and excitable due to the fast moving traffic.

Singapore_Rat
21-10-09, 13:17
Remember you have an international school a stones throw away, which will be up and running in A few year. I know there will be more development in the area. I have to believe it's a matter of time before the gurhka compound will be converted into private residential units. BCA has conducted their inspection so it's just a matter of time. OG is FH does everyone realize how valuable land is here. Who bought and will live there?

cutematilda
21-10-09, 13:28
hi rat, you've insider news about BCA??? Please be a kind soul & share with us all :p

Singapore_Rat
21-10-09, 13:40
Sorry no insider news I know everyone is eager like me. Workers there are doing touch up work major stuff is done. I do know that there will be some development near to the new American international school on the side of woodleigh mrt.

banger69
21-10-09, 14:30
3) Bend in the road in front from Upper paya lebar to Bartley is good. Roads bending away is bad. Never buy near expressways, the occupants will be easily irritated and excitable due to the fast moving traffic. [/quote]

Just to clarify, the road should bend around the property like this o) and not face away and cut into the property like this o( . Hope this is clearer. :)

The flyover is not an expressway and also we are not so near to it. But projects like the Arte, Vista, Hundred trees and even Double Bay and Centro are just beside expressways and open MRT tracks.

For info, the marina bay IR is prime fengshui land for Singapore. It is called the eye of the dragon.

For your own house, you should get a fengshui master to assess before renovating if you are really serious. ;)

Sharing more info on OG past and future,

A bit of future, Paya Lebar Central is set for big changes under the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s (URA’s) latest Draft Master Plan. The plan is to transform Paya Lebar Central into a suburban commercial hub with a unique Malay cultural identity.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/349620/1/.html

Heard also that the plot of land opposite Bartley MRT will be open to Tender this Nov too. We can then better know the potential of our land. :D

A bit of history, Oasis garden was Enbloc many years back. Interesting to read the marketing agent talk to potential developers back then. Enjoy!

:cheers6:

Collective Sale of Oasis Garden Freehold Residential Site
Message: Enbloc Sale of Oasis Garden - Best Investment Today!

* A sizable 77,509 sf development site

* Highly marketable near MRT station location

* Very competitive pricing.

Property Description:

Property Address: No. 30 to 48C Bunga Rampai Place

Land Area: 7,200.8 sm or 77,509.4 sf (approx)

Tenure: Freehold

Master Plan Zoning : Residential / Plot Ratio 2.1

Potential GFA: 162,769.8 sq feet

Potential Development: About 130 to 150 units Niche Highrise Condo Development project.

The site has the URA Outline Planning approval for a Highrise Condominium Development.

The Benefits:

1. Located in highly Sought-after and Marketable District 19 & 20 North Eastern area
2. Sandwiched between two proposed MRT stations along the new MRT Circle line
3. Near choice schools including Maris Stella Primary/ High School and Cedar Girls School
4. Convenient stores, shops and eating place are all within walking distance
5. Quiet and serenely located away from any major roads or MRT tracks
6. Surrounded by lowrise housings and shops in the vicinity, most of the units should enjoy unblocked breathtaking views of Paya Lebar & Serangoon area
7. Ideal size and shape for a Niche Condominium project
8. Have good economy of scale

Competitive Pricing:

The Subject Property is very attractively priced which allows the Prospective Developer to:
1. Have very low break-even price
2. Immediately market the “Priced-to Sell” project to the mass upgrader market segment
3. Translate into a tidy margin for the potential developer

=== End of Notice placed by the Sole Marketing Agent ====

Cecil's (fengshui master) comments:

A. If we read between the lines, I know that it is nearly impossible nowadays to find new freehold condominiums that has such an attractive redevelopment potential and high capital gains.

B. Nevertheless, many of the points under "The Benefits" are worth relating to; whenever we want to purchase any property.

cutematilda
21-10-09, 14:41
Wow ... banger is indeed knowledgeable :P Just learnt that Marina is the eye of dragon!

Thanks for sharing. Don't know who is this fengshui master Cecil but may consider engaging, just need to find one reputable one.

The only story heard from agent was that then the units of the old OG were very huge.

banger69
21-10-09, 15:09
Problem uploading more files. The landscaping is almost done. Now only cleaning and waiting for leaves to grow. Enjoy

Hello
21-10-09, 16:02
Problem uploading more files. The landscaping is almost done. Now only cleaning and waiting for leaves to grow. Enjoy

Wow, how did you managed to get inside? Beautiful, resort living...:D Can't wait to move in....

cutematilda
22-10-09, 14:48
To all currently viewing this thread, here's the latest from guru site posted today & yesterday if you haven't seen it yet. Some neighbours asking for high prices, but may possibly be agents too :eek:

S$ 1,000,000
S$ 749.06 psf (built-in)
1,335 sqft / 124 sqm (built-in)

S$ 1,300,000
S$ 1258.47 psf (built-in)
1,033 sqft / 96 sqm (built-in)

S$ 2,488,000
S$ 1150.25 psf (built-in)
2,163 sqft / 201 sqm (built-in)

jtpy
22-10-09, 17:06
S$ 1,300,000
S$ 1258.47 psf (built-in)
1,033 sqft / 96 sqm (built-in)

Wow!! :scared-1: If this psf price can go through, then all the owners who bought this year will laugh all the way to the bank! :spliff:

nadoey
22-10-09, 17:14
Wow!! :scared-1: If this psf price can go through, then all the owners who bought this year will laugh all the way to the bank! :spliff:

emmm... but then hor the question is... will u or those here in this forum sell their unit.... ? :) Since everyone wait for TOP till neck long long already...

jtpy
22-10-09, 17:30
emmm... but then hor the question is... will u or those here in this forum sell their unit.... ? :) Since everyone wait for TOP till neck long long already...
Maybe wait till give up... :scared-5:

Hello
23-10-09, 09:17

Why not? If can sell at this price or higher? :D :D

Maybe they are just testing the market...

banger69
23-10-09, 09:43
I popped by yesterday night and the makeup is almost done. They are still planting more hedges and bougainvilleas at the lift lobbies which makes it even nicer. There are so many different species of plants that our children do not need to go anywhere to get the young scientist badge! :D

OG is simply beautiful at night. The deck chairs are lighted warmly and the swimming pool is like a mirror reflecting the moonlight. Too bad my hp camera cannot take good night pics.

My colleagues have asked me if the photo I took in OG was at Banyan Tree!

Imagine the shock on his face when I told him it was my home. ;)

For those thinking of cashing out, be careful of doing it too early unless you have plans to do something better with the money like buy Marina Bay Residences.

The completion of the IR in Singapore is very soon. 1st quarter 2010. When that happens, Singapore will enter our golden age. Our property price will not go down in the near future. For macau, the casino effect increased property prices about 30% before and 30% after its completion. Do you think Singapore will be much worse?

Not many people get a chance to move into a brand new condo. The experience is priceless.

Besides the price should go higher after TOP as buyers can view the units and be charmed by OG's beauty. The brilliance of an architect or landscaper is to convert an idea on paper drawings like our brochure into reality don't you agree?

Kudos to them :cheers1:

cutematilda
23-10-09, 14:32
OG is simply beautiful at night. The deck chairs are lighted warmly and the swimming pool is like a mirror reflecting the moonlight. Too bad my hp camera cannot take good night pics.

Wow, banger is really quite a poetic person don't you think :p

I didn't know Macau property prices jumped so much before & after its IR .. wow. But it's not that developed like SGP so perhaps the upside is larger?

Having read so much good stuff about OG, AGREE that it will be an experience not to be missed ;)

cadencrh
23-10-09, 15:34
I popped by yesterday night and the makeup is almost done. They are still planting more hedges and bougainvilleas at the lift lobbies which makes it even nicer. There are so many different species of plants that our children do not need to go anywhere to get the young scientist badge! :D

My colleagues have asked me if the photo I took in OG was at Banyan Tree!

Imagine the shock on his face when I told him it was my home. ;)

For those thinking of cashing out, be careful of doing it too early unless you have plans to do something better with the money like buy Marina Bay Residences.

The completion of the IR in Singapore is very soon. 1st quarter 2010. When that happens, Singapore will enter our golden age. Our property price will not go down in the near future. For macau, the casino effect increased property prices about 30% before and 30% after its completion. Do you think Singapore will be much worse?

Not many people get a chance to move into a brand new condo. The experience is priceless.

Besides the price should go higher after TOP as buyers can view the units and be charmed by OG's beauty. The brilliance of an architect or landscaper is to convert an idea on paper drawings like our brochure into reality don't you agree?

Kudos to them :cheers1:

Very well said indeed! :cheers5: :cool-punk-headbange

BB
23-10-09, 22:40

Just to clarify, the road should bend around the property like this o) and not face away and cut into the property like this o( . Hope this is clearer. :)

The flyover is not an expressway and also we are not so near to it. But projects like the Arte, Vista, Hundred trees and even Double Bay and Centro are just beside expressways and open MRT tracks.

For info, the marina bay IR is prime fengshui land for Singapore. It is called the eye of the dragon.

For your own house, you should get a fengshui master to assess before renovating if you are really serious. ;)

A bit of future, Paya Lebar Central is set for big changes under the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s (URA’s) latest Draft Master Plan. The plan is to transform Paya Lebar Central into a suburban commercial hub with a unique Malay cultural identity.

Heard also that the plot of land opposite Bartley MRT will be open to Tender this Nov too. We can then better know the potential of our land. :D

A bit of history, Oasis garden was Enbloc many years back. Interesting to read the marketing agent talk to potential developers back then. Enjoy!

Property Description:

Potential Development: About 130 to 150 units Niche Highrise Condo Development project.

The site has the URA Outline Planning approval for a Highrise Condominium Development.

The Benefits:

1. Located in highly Sought-after and Marketable District 19 & 20 North Eastern area
3. Near choice schools including Maris Stella Primary/ High School and Cedar Girls School
6. Surrounded by lowrise housings and shops in the vicinity, most of the units should enjoy unblocked breathtaking views of Paya Lebar & Serangoon area

Competitive Pricing:

The Subject Property is very attractively priced which allows the Prospective Developer to:
2. Immediately market the “Priced-to Sell” project to the mass upgrader market segment

A. If we read between the lines, I know that it is nearly impossible nowadays to find new freehold condominiums that has such an attractive redevelopment potential and high capital gains.

B. Nevertheless, many of the points under "The Benefits" are worth relating to; whenever we want to purchase any property.[/quote]

You forgot to mention. This development is just beside many industrial buildings & factories.

Famous Master Tan's (fengshui master) comments:
Feng Shui not so good if too near industrial activities.

jtpy
23-10-09, 22:54

Best of the best statement! Kudos to banger! :spliff:

jtpy
23-10-09, 22:56
Wow, banger is really quite a poetic person don't you think :p

I didn't know Macau property prices jumped so much before & after its IR .. wow. But it's not that developed like SGP so perhaps the upside is larger?

Having read so much good stuff about OG, AGREE that it will be an experience not to be missed ;)
Cannot agree more.. This guy's a poet man!:D

jtpy
23-10-09, 23:03
Why not? If can sell at this price or higher? :D :D

Maybe they are just testing the market...

Yah, take #14-02 as example, bought for $827psf and assumed he sold at $1250psf... That is a profit of $423psf! Translate to physical gain is $519k!!!! Can pay in full for a 4-room HDB with spare cash for a nice good renovation!!

Of course, the lost is in missing the opportunity to enjoy this great development...

Hello
23-10-09, 23:18
Yah, take #14-02 as example, bought for $827psf and assumed he sold at $1250psf... That is a profit of $423psf! Translate to physical gain is $519k!!!! Can pay in full for a 4-room HDB with spare cash for a nice good renovation!!

Of course, the lost is in missing the opportunity to enjoy this great development...

Exactly..so it can be quite tempting if can fetch a very high price so have to sacrifice something to gain some..it depends on individual perference.

Anyway, when is the keys collection?? Anyone got any idea? Wait until neck long long...:banghead:

jtpy
23-10-09, 23:47
Since we are all eagerly awaiting the TOP of our new homes, I believe most of us has already done some shopping for electrical appliances and some furniture.. Let me start the ball rolling on some of my findings on electrical appliances..

One of the best buy 42" LCD TV - Philips 42PFL7409 - Full HD, 100Hz.
Current best price is $1499 with free $150 Choice voucher. Offer from COURT.

Sound bar to match the LCD TV. HTS6100 (Newest model is HTS6120 with iPod docker) -
$849 with $60 Choice voucher. Offer from MEGA
$809. Offer from COURTS

Sound bar HTS8140
$1100. Offer from MEGA

The Philips HTS with Ambisound can produce pretty nice sound without taking up too much space and burn a hole in yr pocket. Of course, these systems are not for the group of serious audiophiles.. Heard Samsung has got some decent soundbars but has yet to check them out...

Indesit washing machine and dryer stack-up systems
$1199 - Offer from MAYER

Check out some other options from Bosch, Fisher and Parker, etc and most cost >$1.5k..

Will update more once I go check them out.. Still looking for a decent 32" LCD for the master bedroom..

nadoey
24-10-09, 01:20
Over the weekend can visit the Home Electronics and Consumer Expo h
eld at the Singapore Expo.

See if can look for a good tech deal... :)

Fancy a new LCD TV at $199?

http://www.asiaone.com/Digital/News/Story/A1Story20091022-175206.html

cadencrh
24-10-09, 11:52

Property Description:

The Benefits:

Competitive Pricing:

B. Nevertheless, many of the points under "The Benefits" are worth relating to; whenever we want to purchase any property.

You forgot to mention. This development is just beside many industrial buildings & factories.

Famous Master Tan's (fengshui master) comments:
Feng Shui not so good if too near industrial activities.[/quote]

Who is Master Tan? can post his contact, i would like to engage him