PDA

View Full Version : The Linear (D23, 999 yrs, Amara Holdings)

Pages : [1] 2

Makelele
06-02-07, 17:36
I don't really like this area, but this building is a marvel. Love it or hate it, this would be worth more than $2,500 psf if located in Holland Rd or Marina Bay! :p

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/7208/linear2xm1.gif

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/744/linearqb7.jpg

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/7927/linear3zr3.jpg

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/1143/linear4nk6.jpg

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/8411/linearlocationov6.gif

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/5467/linearkenzowj9.jpg

Madeira
06-02-07, 19:51
agreed. the building architecture is unique. i went to see the completed units. main complain is the noise level as it is very close to the main road (upper bukit timah rd). price is quite reasonable. i think only abt 600 psf or less.

jrdl
06-02-07, 21:40
i went to see the completed units. main complain is the noise level as it is very close to the main road (upper bukit timah rd). price is quite reasonable. i think only abt 600 psf or less.

Is the showflat still available for viewing??

Madeira
06-02-07, 21:51
Is the showflat still available for viewing??

yes. u can actually view the particular unit that u want to buy, as the project has just been completed.

Unregistered
27-04-07, 16:57
goodness...it's so close to the road that everyone can look into your apartment. Noise level is also very high. The traffic is bad there.

Unregistered
27-04-07, 17:41
have you tried standing at the clubhouse behind the pool and look out to the open main road? Was there for 5 min and i got a headache!

Unregistered
04-05-07, 19:18
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2148/6000000311linear213d0feet6.jpg

ko
14-05-07, 19:17
Hello,

I am contemplating getting either the back facing linear unit (high floor) versus a Espa unit , which has more value ?

Linear is located within walking distance to the Bt Panjang MRT which is the start of Bukit Timah line. Price wise, it is about 560 psf, whereas for Espa, it is going for more than 600 psf. a 3 bedroom unit in Espa would cost about 800K, versus a 3 bedroom at Linear about 700k.

Is linear worth the price of 730K for a 5th floor back facing unit ?

espa for me
14-05-07, 19:37
Espa location is very tranquil.

Linear location is by the main road and very very noisy.

But for convenience, of course Linear is nearer to public transport like MRT, buses, and taxis.

ko
14-05-07, 19:38
linear has back facing units, not the road facing ones.

Unregistered
14-05-07, 19:50
linear has back facing units, not the road facing ones.

If i am not wrong, the back facing units face the long kang. Will the URA be sprucing this long kang up as part of their Waterbodies Scheme? Unlikely.

Unregistered
14-05-07, 20:04
How do their facilities compare? I have been to linear and not impressed at all with its facilities. Not seen Espa so can't comment.

track record
14-05-07, 20:16
Hello all.

There is a reason why until today, The Linear still can't sell its units. If a condo cannot sell its units in a scorching hot property market, then you know something is really really wrong with it.

Amara Holdings. What is its track record? Besides Amara Hotel, that is.

Soilbuild, on the other hand, is a developer with a proven track record. No doubt they are relatively new compared to the like of CDL, Far East, UOL and Capitaland, but their past projects haven't disappointed. I believe Soilbuild, is a developer with past construction experience. No wonder their developments have all been of fairly sturdy quality. Check out Pinnacle 16 and Mandale Heights. May not be luxuriously posh like St Regis, but still very good quality for the price buyers paid. Value for money is the word.

I doubt all these new players like Popular Holdings and Lee Hwa in property development know exactly what they are doing. To me, they are just riding on the bandwagon and making money while it is hot. It takes a company with long history of involvement in construction and / or development to make a good condo.

Unregistered
15-05-07, 00:29
Both developments are quite similar in terms of size, facilities, location and developer. Both projects are developed by small niche developers (relative to CDL, FEO, etc). Condo facilities are obviously not the selling point for these 2 projects, and that is probably one reason Linear is not sold out and Espa is still on soft launch since FEB/MAR. Anyway, projects in such areas close to northwest region HDB estates will never sell out like hot cakes during the 1996 boom anymore, at least not until the HDB market recovers... so not surprising that projects like the Linear or Yew Tee Residences are not sold out.

The worth of a unit ultimately depends on your own needs and valuation of of these needs or condo features.

Espa:
- I doubt that the Espa location is tranquil. Location is the same, if not worse that the Linear, since the Espa is just by a T-junction and facing a main road also.
- All 3-bedroom units in blk 12 have to face the main road (no choice here, given the longish layout plan which has missing corners - bad for fengshui)
- Facilities may be slightly better than Linear with a marginally bigger pool.
- Rear facing completely blocked by Assumption VI & English School which is on a higher elevation I believe.
- further away from MRT/LRT and bus interchange

Linear:
- front-facing may be noisy at times, but at least you have a choice of front or back-facing units. Back-facing units are not completely blocked out at short distance, especially those further away from Maysprings.
- Interior layout plan is much better than Espa with a regular layout shape.
- brand-name Kenzo Tange architect and interior fittings design by Hirsch Bedner Associates
- MRT/LRT just beside
- Quality of interior fittings is very good, especially for master bedroom, walk-in closet and bathroom.

MGM Grand
15-05-07, 03:22
My 2 cents....:2cents:

Both are bad buys!!! You are better off with Cahew heights.

Linear is a terrible development. Front is facing noisy main road and afternoon sun is terrible. All glass creates green house effect. Back unit faces school and long kang.... you will waking up to the school's 7am Majulah Singapura. (I know because my nephews are staying in a rented unit there).

Espa is overpriced. Not much better since it faces assumption school.
For the price, there are plenty of much better options. I was there at pre-launch, they offered special discounts and full choice of units.... didn't even consider...prices have gone up since....not worth it!

:spliff2:

Unregistered
15-05-07, 09:51
Hello all

Thanks for your feedback.

Was told by Ivy Lee agents that the govt has plans to landscape the canal at the back. Yes, the noise from the school is one of the reasons why I am hesistant in getting Linear. What I like about the Linear is the interior - the layout is the best I've seen , no wastage of space, and the master bathroom has built in wardrobes, in addition to the wardrobes in the master bedrooms.

What I like about Espa - private lift lobby that is right at your door step, less noise compared to Linear .. and what I dislike about Espa - the 3 bedroom master bedroom has no bath tubs (only the 3 + study or 4 bedrooms has a bath tub) , all the bedrooms doesn't come with built in wardrobes/cabinets,
the masterbedroom is next to the bomb shelter, and the other 2 bedrooms are far away from the masterbedroom ( not ideal if you have young children and want to keep a close eye) separated by the kitchen and living room. All these above are what I saw in the showroom, for a 3 bedroom layout, this is the only layout, unless I get a 3+study or 4 bedroom, which goes anything above 860K.

Also, the Knight Frank agent who is marketing Espa told me that the future MRT will be at Chestnut drive, I wonder if that is true.

Out of the 78 units in Espa, 33 units were taken up by the developer before it was launched. Think it was for the church since this was the church land.

Unregistered
15-05-07, 10:32
You can't really believe all that the agents told you but you can check for yourself some concerns of yours below.

Most of canal beautification plans are for downtown areas such as Kallang, unlikely that much would be done for outlying areas near Linear. School noise IMHO is a small issue compared to rail/MRT trains noise all day for example, beyond the 5-10mins in the morning weekdays. You can probably can check for yourself the noise level acceptable to you during weekday school days.

Espa: do you have to pay for the electricity bill for the private lift? Yes, agree that the layout plan and ID is much to be desired for Espa. No MRT for Chestnut Drive, agent is wrong here. It has already been announced publicly that there are 12 MRT stations from Bugis in the downtown line and the Chestnut drive earlier-speculated station is highly likely left out of the blue print. Population density is too low there in any case. See for yourself the revised stations (best educated guesses so far):
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/Singapore_mrt_lrt_map_future_version3.png

Unregistered
15-05-07, 10:44
Are there any good buys in district 23 ? I need to be in this district because of school and my old folks.

Unregistered
15-05-07, 11:25
Are there any good buys in district 23 ? I need to be in this district because of school and my old folks.

Why don't you consider Hillview Regency; TOP in late 2005, by FEO, still have some 3 bedders left! Asking for S$608 psf onwards; price appears reasonable for a 99 yr private pty at that location!

1130 x 608 = S$700k average for a new 3 bedder!

cheers

hayata1972
15-05-07, 11:28
I donno about the espa, but for the linear...... :eek:
I got scared during my first visit there.
Lucky that my brother bought a unit in cashew heights last year.
Prices around there are stabilising upwards.

Unregistered
15-05-07, 11:46
Regarding hillview regency, i didn;t like the location as it has no amenities nearby and not within walking distance to the bt batok or gombak stations.

Unregistered
15-05-07, 11:49
I wouldn't touch any of FEO's projects, much less a 99LH one. Anyway, KO is probably only considering FH or 999LH ones such as Linear or Espa. Cashew Heights is a decent 999LH high-rise development, except for having way too many units and it's almost 10 years old by now.

ko
15-05-07, 11:57
Hi,

What are the issues with FEO ? Heard that their quality is bad , is that true ?

revieli
15-05-07, 11:58
How about Hazel Park condo.

999 years, 696 units, completed in 2001, developed by Hong Leong Holdings.

It's near Fajar Sec.

All crap lah!
15-05-07, 12:06
All these shit you all mention are crap. Prime area is the way, property investment is the game.

Unregistered
15-05-07, 12:08
My bad, I was referring to Hazel Park condo, rather than Cashew Heights below. FEO has a bad rep for shoddy workmanship and bad designs. You can drive around some FEO projects' multi-storey car-parks (no basement carpark) which have such narrow ramps and even worse designs than HDB-designed ones. Before you step into the showrooms, your car might even be wrecked or scratched by the side walls while maneuvering the car parks.

I wouldn't touch any of FEO's projects, much less a 99LH one. Anyway, KO is probably only considering FH or 999LH ones such as Linear or Espa. Cashew Heights is a decent 999LH high-rise development, except for having way too many units and it's almost 10 years old by now.

Unregistered
15-05-07, 12:18
You can start your investment game by cleansing your mouth which is chock-full of shit.

All these shit you all mention are crap. Prime area is the way, property investment is the game.

MGM Grand
15-05-07, 12:31
FEO is the worst choice if you are buying second property. The Bayshore in East Coast.... FEO sold 12th floor and below, told buyers all sold out. They kept 13th floor upwards for rental. All who bought initially for investment died. Of course, now Costa (something) blocked off the view of initial buyers. Same is happening at Hillview Regency .... FEO, you will regret. Workmanship is getting better but no where near Centerpoint properties.....but better than Guocoland.

If you want something really nice in Hillview, Look at Merawoods and condos next to it.

ko
15-05-07, 12:31
Do you think SoilBuild will drop the price , nearer the TOP date ?

There's a row of landed property CASHEW HILLS, think the developer is FEO.
Wonder how much psf.

revieli
15-05-07, 12:51
Cashew Hills has been empty for MANY MANY years liao, ever since FEO bought it. Think it should be in the late 1990s. Up til now that plot of land is still empty.

The other terraces leading up to Chestnut Drive took a VERY long time to sell off. But it's a really nice and quiet place if you dont mind the lack of amenities within walking distance.

ko
15-05-07, 12:57
I just checked the website that cashew hill is asking for 1.6M up., definitely not within my budget.

Hillview area is nice tranquil area, however, transport and amenities are an issue especially for my old folks. I know there are 2 launces by FEO in hillview area if I recalled correctly - hillvista and glensprings.

I have went round looking at second hand resale condos in that district, such as northvale penthouse (asking 710K), the Jade (asking between 750-800K), the Madeira ( 650K up for high floors), and the Warren (650k up for high floors).

Has been losers u r
15-05-07, 12:58
Your district is crap loh. No resale value, only downwards value. I rather buy Johor waterfront projects, got more upside than your area. Still can discuss somemore, really got no shame you losers.

J Chia
15-05-07, 13:05
Melissa Sim
6 May 2007

Where the Malaysian Property Exhibition goes, Mr Jackson Chia, 63, follows with his own mobile exhibition - a collection of newspaper articles stuck onto his grey Toyota.

From 10am to noon yesterday, he stationed himself at the Suntec City Tower Three bus stop, 50m from the Malaysian Property Exhibition.

The show featured a group of developers selling property in Malaysia, and Mr Chia was warning the public of the pitfalls of investing in Malaysian property.

When people stopped to look at his newspaper cuttings, he encouraged them to read the articles and handed out fliers summarising his experience at Anjung Seri Condominium in Johor Baru.

Mr Chia, a copywriter at a design firm, is one of 37 Singaporean buyers who paid between RM150,000 (S$66,800) and RM400,000 for units in the Anjung Seri Condominium.

Problems soon followed. Two of the five blocks were left uncompleted because the developer ran into funding problems. Maintenance was poor and as time passed, residents started to move out.

In December 2005, the place was looted. Even fixtures like windows, grilles and doors were stolen. The group lodged police reports and wrote to the Malaysian authorities.

In January this year, some of the owners went to the Malaysian High Commission here to seek redress. They have yet to hear from the authorities.

This is somewhat like the problem faced by the Singaporean owners of the Taman Permata residential estate, also in Johor Baru. As reported in The Sunday Times last month, the estate's developer went bankrupt and the homes might be taken away by the bank.

Mr Chia said he hopes proper channels can be set up to safeguard future investors. He also wants to educate the public on the dangers of investing in Malaysian property.

As part of his efforts to educate the public, Mr Chia will put together a book titled Malaysian Property: A Painful Experience.

The book will be ready by the end of this year.

'Now it's not just a campaign for personal compensation, but a campaign to educate other Singaporeans,' said Mr Chia.

'I think it's a good idea,' said Mr Ahmad.

'It would be educational for people who have not read about the dangers of property investment in Malaysia.'

ko
15-05-07, 13:07
I am looking for a place to stay as the primary priority, not as a primary investment tool to get high returns.

Unregistered
15-05-07, 13:10
I am looking for a place to stay as the primary priority, not as a primary investment tool to get high returns.
Then stay in JB lah, half the price for food lodging and sex.

IDR
15-05-07, 13:15
Then stay in JB lah, half the price for food lodging and sex.

JB is the best.
Everything halved!
You only get robed/killed half the time - not all the time.
JB! JB! JB!

Unregistered
01-07-07, 14:48
Hi, did anyone know that the price of Linear had gone up twice this week???

Unregistered
01-07-07, 16:50
Yes, apparenly demand for these units must be quite strong. Linear was also briefly mentioned in Straits times as "upmarket apartment" when they were featuring Kenzo Tange.

While front facing may have a little noise, back is quite quiet.

Yes, heard that prices have headed upwards quite drastically.

Unregistered
01-07-07, 17:11
I was there, the entire block facing school towards the coffeshop is fully sold. Will see how it goes after the price increase.

Unregistered
01-07-07, 20:34
Hi, did anyone know that the price of Linear had gone up twice this week???

So price increases have really spread to the suburb properties!!

Unregistered
01-07-07, 22:05
So price increases have really spread to the suburb properties!!

A property that few wanted over past 3 years, now had become so hot without any major simulator except the hot property market over last 6 months ? More speculation than anything.

Unregistered
01-07-07, 22:23
Anyone knows how much will it cost to rent a unit at the linear? Say 3BR.

ht
01-07-07, 22:40
A property that few wanted over past 3 years, now had become so hot without any major simulator except the hot property market over last 6 months ? More speculation than anything.

could be the lack of launches... while the en-bloc frenzy continues...

some developers are waiting for the hungry ghost month to pass, till then, there will be a few more launches.

Unregistered
01-07-07, 23:02
Had a friend who bought a unit a few days ago and was told price had jump +200psf a few days later!!! Hard to believe....

ht
01-07-07, 23:22
Had a friend who bought a unit a few days ago and was told price had jump +200psf a few days later!!! Hard to believe....

200psf !!! it's getting ridiculous !!

It's harder to believe if pple will buy after the increase, given that they already had problems selling at the old price.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 00:04

It's harder to believe if pple will buy after the increase, given that they already had problems selling at the old price.

well, let's see whether there will be new transactions in the coming days/months.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 00:32

Ya! you are right, who will buy after the increased Look like a flatted factory from the outside and the carpark also.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 13:17
I have a differing view. This development is under-valued at the moment. There will be many new launches in the months ahead at Bukit Timah area and will probably be setting new records for BT area. This will in turn filter down towards Upper BT (Dist 21/23).

ht
02-07-07, 15:04
I have a differing view. This development is under-valued at the moment. There will be many new launches in the months ahead at Bukit Timah area and will probably be setting new records for BT area. This will in turn filter down towards Upper BT (Dist 21/23).

It has been undervalue for a long time, the last 6-9 mths were the best times for it to find its value....but nothing happened, looking ahead, the more conservative forumers are already warning everybody about "the shock" and "something is coming"....
it better find its value fast !!!
but good luck to the guy who bought at the "value", coz it's may take a long time to rediscover "the value" when he decides to sell...

Unregistered
02-07-07, 17:42
It has been undervalue for a long time, the last 6-9 mths were the best times for it to find its value....but nothing happened, looking ahead, the more conservative forumers are already warning everybody about "the shock" and "something is coming"....
it better find its value fast !!!
but good luck to the guy who bought at the "value", coz it's may take a long time to rediscover "the value" when he decides to sell...

Hi HT,

I'm that guy and buying to stay. Thanks for your concern.

ht
02-07-07, 17:58
Hi HT,

I'm that guy and buying to stay. Thanks for your concern.

Hi,

You bought it after they have increased by 200psf?

Unregistered
02-07-07, 18:03
Hi,

You bought it after they have increased by 200psf?

Before. Hopefully the "big shocking news" will not affect me so much....anyway, as long as the owners are not into speculation but genuine buyers, they should not be worrying so much. Peace....

ht
02-07-07, 18:10
Before. Hopefully the "big shocking news" will not affect me so much....anyway, as long as the owners are not into speculation but genuine buyers, they should not be worrying so much. Peace....

Then, really, you have nothing to loose.... in fact, you should be happy since the developer has raised the price so substanitially.

The "guy" in my post, I was refering to those who buy after the increase.

Cheers !!

Unregistered
02-07-07, 20:34
Then, really, you have nothing to loose.... in fact, you should be happy since the developer has raised the price so substanitially.

The "guy" in my post, I was refering to those who buy after the increase.

Cheers !!

Even if the "guy" in your post bought after the increase, they should have nothing to fear as long as they like what they buy and plan to stay. BTW, what so bad about the development? The sun, noise and canal? The units at the back have no direct sunlight, noise level is extremely low and the canal was not dirty and etc.... 5 to 10 mins walk and you will reach the bus interchange and LRT. Shopping centre just a few bus stop away and there are coffeeshops just beside the development. As long as you are not comparing it with Dist 9, 10 and 11, do not see what so bad about the place. Maybe I am wrong here but just my thots. By the way, prime Dist now $2000 to $5000psf, any new development below 900psf with 999 yrs lease should not be that expensive right?

ht
02-07-07, 22:17
Even if the "guy" in your post bought after the increase, they should have nothing to fear as long as they like what they buy and plan to stay. BTW, what so bad about the development? The sun, noise and canal? The units at the back have no direct sunlight, noise level is extremely low and the canal was not dirty and etc.... 5 to 10 mins walk and you will reach the bus interchange and LRT. Shopping centre just a few bus stop away and there are coffeeshops just beside the development. As long as you are not comparing it with Dist 9, 10 and 11, do not see what so bad about the place. Maybe I am wrong here but just my thots. By the way, prime Dist now $2000 to $5000psf, any new development below 900psf with 999 yrs lease should not be that expensive right?

good to hear your are more than happy with your purchase, especially when you are getting to stay.

cheers !!

Unregistered
02-07-07, 22:35
There are loads of good things about the linear. The back facing units are very quiet, the canal is more like a little river (not dirty at all) , layout is terrific and best of all- its near all major amenities and the future MRT.
It is also 999 years.

I guess that the developer is pegging it at its real value now. So, price increase is in order.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 22:58
There are loads of good things about the linear. The back facing units are very quiet, the canal is more like a little river (not dirty at all) , layout is terrific and best of all- its near all major amenities and the future MRT.
It is also 999 years.

I guess that the developer is pegging it at its real value now. So, price increase is in order.

The is the worse project I have ever seen and experienced in terms of site, layout and design (except the exterior looks quite OK).
I was at the site twice and some of the rooms and courtyard (first floor unit) were so poorly designed that I felt suffocated (extreme poor ventilation) just by standing there for 5 mins. I guess you can turn the air condition on 24h a day to stay alive. If you decide to turn off the aircon while you are at work, the good thing is you will probably generate sufficient heat to kill off the bugs in your units.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 23:46
The is the worse project I have ever seen and experienced in terms of site, layout and design (except the exterior looks quite OK).
I was at the site twice and some of the rooms and courtyard (first floor unit) were so poorly designed that I felt suffocated (extreme poor ventilation) just by standing there for 5 mins. I guess you can turn the air condition on 24h a day to stay alive. If you decide to turn off the aircon while you are at work, the good thing is you will probably generate sufficient heat to kill off the bugs in your units.

Not sure which units you visited. The one I did see twice (morning and afternoon) had no aircon, ground floor, rear facing: breezy with main door closed and only living room windows open. Good layout with no toilet bowls sharing walls with bedroom headboard walls and awkward corners like in the projects I have been visiting this year. Plus nice block numbers. For all the plus points already mentioned by others and these here observations, I bought that unit last week before price went north. Very happy with it. Cheers.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 00:15
In URA's press release today:

"...The increase in private housing prices in recent quarters is in line with greater economic growth and rising confidence. Private housing prices are now increasing at a faster pace because of good economic prospects going forward and the increasing attractiveness of Singapore as a global city."

Unregistered
03-07-07, 20:29
It's true !! the developer has increased the price last week! this is despite there are still unsold units. The developer felt that it is grossly undervalued at previous pricing and the move is to reflect the strong property sentiment filtering down to the suburbs.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 21:24
I went there also,I agree with you. both side either morning or afternoon sun. So dusty facing road and so smelly facing canal. the lift lobby so hot and warm because of the air-con compressor just outside the corridor. I don't understand why people bluff themself that is a good place and that area is consider Bt. timah area "good area" which is actually near Bt Panjang and CCK

Unregistered
03-07-07, 21:30
You cannot afford to live there right? So dont be sour grapes.

Upper Bukit Timah is Upper Bukit Timah ok? Who cares whether near CCK - the official address is Upper Bukit Timah and there's a premium to pay for that address. Also cos near CCK and Bkt Panjang, there are lots of amenities.

The project is not hot or dusty. Its very breezy. U obviously not lived there - so dont make unfounded comments.

Registered
03-07-07, 21:51

Upper Bukit Timah is Upper Bukit Timah ok? Who cares whether near CCK - the official address is Upper Bukit Timah and there's a premium to pay for that address. Also cos near CCK and Bkt Panjang, there are lots of amenities.

The project is not hot or dusty. Its very breezy. U obviously not lived there - so dont make unfounded comments.

Upper Bukit Timah is history -
just like Bishan is history -
for this round of property boom.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 21:56
Upper Bukit Timah is history -
just like Bishan is history -
for this round of property boom.

hey! there are many ppl staying in upper BT, you wanna get whack!!!! where u stay and i'll wait under your block tomorrow!!!!

Unregistered
03-07-07, 21:58
Why all this bithcing?? Typical loser mentality!!

Look everyone was given an opportunity to buy when low; however, only the astute ones did (despite all the chidings this project was given)! Now that property price is moving and that developer finally realised what a great building this is, people who have missed trying to bad-mouth project again!

Once and for all, facts as follows (I live here):
Premier address (Upper Bukit Timah Road)
Fantastic access to amenities, LRT, and future MRT
Rear facing is very breezy (not hot at all) and quier (even on school days).
Fantastic internal layou (Living/Dining/Bedrooms)!!!
Fantastic Gym, Function Room, and really ''relaxing'' lap pool

To all of us who bought earlier, congratulations! I have been an investor for a long time and knew from the start that this project was undervalued. Also, from my stay here, residents very friendly and carry themselves WELL.

Well, I AM PROUD TO TELL MY FRIEND'S THAT I STAY AT THE LINEAR.

Incidentally, I am not an agent - I am an owner that is feeling really good with the recognition that the place duly deserves!!

Unregistered
03-07-07, 22:01
Why all this bithcing?? Typical loser mentality!!

Look everyone was given an opportunity to buy when low; however, only the astute ones did (despite all the chidings this project was given)! Now that property price is moving and that developer finally realised what a great building this is, people who have missed trying to bad-mouth project again!

Once and for all, facts as follows (I live here):
Premier address (Upper Bukit Timah Road)
Fantastic access to amenities, LRT, and future MRT
Rear facing is very breezy (not hot at all) and quier (even on school days).
Fantastic internal layou (Living/Dining/Bedrooms)!!!
Fantastic Gym, Function Room, and really ''relaxing'' lap pool

To all of us who bought earlier, congratulations! I have been an investor for a long time and knew from the start that this project was undervalued. Also, from my stay here, residents very friendly and carry themselves WELL.

Well, I AM PROUD TO TELL MY FRIEND'S THAT I STAY AT THE LINEAR.

Incidentally, I am not an agent - I am an owner that is feeling really good with the recognition that the place duly deserves!!

And I am proud to be your neighbour! Loosers get lost!!!!

Unregistered
03-07-07, 22:06
hey! there are many ppl staying in upper BT, you wanna get whack!!!! where u stay and i'll wait under your block tomorrow!!!!

My dear, please don't fret! This underling probably is just some peeved wannabee speculator that has missed the boat. A she has been refused admission - only thing he wants to do now is kick his behind for being so, so stupid!! His butt is probably too numb from all the kick-ass he has been giving h

I understand the our area will be next ''upmarket'' place to live in. Lots of things such as architesture and serenity going for it. I don't think that I will ever sell my ppiece of little ''sunshine''.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 22:33
My dear, please don't fret! This underling probably is just some peeved wannabee speculator that has missed the boat. A she has been refused admission - only thing he wants to do now is kick his behind for being so, so stupid!! His butt is probably too numb from all the kick-ass he has been giving h

I understand the our area will be next ''upmarket'' place to live in. Lots of things such as architesture and serenity going for it. I don't think that I will ever sell my ppiece of little ''sunshine''.
Ha Ha Ha!!!!! you should say, i will never able to sell hot sunshine. stop cheating yourself...you will regret...

Unregistered
04-07-07, 20:24
Wah!!! gangster wanted to whack people. Imagine staying with people like you really a disgrace, and still claim that up market area.(upp Bukit Timah).Luckily not staying there. Or maybe the place too HOT to stay that make you so angry with just simple comment.

Unregistered
04-07-07, 20:33

How to be "upmarket" when your neighbour want to whack people and other are using vulgar words. Come on, learn to be "upmarket"

Unregistered
04-07-07, 20:37
Wah!!! gangster wanted to whack people. Imagine staying with people like you really a disgrace, and still claim that up market area.(upp Bukit Timah).Luckily not staying there. Or maybe the place too HOT to stay that make you so angry with just simple comment.

i stay in bishan, not Upp BT. I hope what happen to bishan will not happen to Upp BT. You must be carrying an evil heart. Redeem yourself before it is too late......

Unregistered
04-07-07, 21:35
i stay in bishan, not Upp BT. I hope what happen to bishan will not happen to Upp BT. You must be carrying an evil heart. Redeem yourself before it is too late......
comment on property is evil heart???? than whack people is what heart????
good hearted???? please redeem yourself first.

Unregistered
04-07-07, 21:45
comment on property is evil heart???? than whack people is what heart????
good hearted???? please redeem yourself first.

Unregistered
04-07-07, 22:06

Yes, you are right, may be I am used to live in place which is breezy and well ventilated. I therefore could not stand the hit build up in those units due to poor ventilation. If you find your place so nice to live in, I am not surprised as it is known that our body and mind can adapt to adverse conditions, but I prefer not to take any chance.

Unregistered
04-07-07, 22:33
How to be "upmarket" when your neighbour want to whack people and other are using vulgar words. Come on, learn to be "upmarket"

Thank goodness that you are not staying at The Linear! Correct my understanding of the English language but the last time I read the dictionary, the following words are in no way vulgar:
''stupid'' refers to a person with limited reasoning capacity
''kick-ass'' is an American expression for being sore or getting beaten

Obviously, the individual concerned is just being a cynic!!

Unregistered
06-07-07, 02:21
It is also 999 years.

Stop deceiving yourselves, dear residents of The Linear. Making alot of hot air is not gonna make this condo any better. This condo is overpriced, looks like a flatted factory like one forummer rightly put, and is poorly located and as we know in any property investment, it's all about location, location, location.

And by the way, it's not "upmarket" to say that another forummer can't afford to buy a condo. That's basically hitting below the belt. Many forummer will not let known his financial standing, especially to Mr Upmarket here.

Unregistered
06-07-07, 09:39
Stop deceiving yourselves, dear residents of The Linear. Making alot of hot air is not gonna make this condo any better. This condo is overpriced, looks like a flatted factory like one forummer rightly put, and is poorly located and as we know in any property investment, it's all about location, location, location.

And by the way, it's not "upmarket" to say that another forummer can't afford to buy a condo. That's basically hitting below the belt. Many forummer will not let known his financial standing, especially to Mr Upmarket here.

Look, you obviously are suffering from an inferiority complex! I don't know what your problem is but you are really a very bitter person who does not give/make constructive comments!

Case in point: what's wrong with the location? It's within walking distance to the interchange, LRT, Bukit Panjang Plaza, food outlets, bus-stop,etc....

Unregistered
06-07-07, 21:52

Yes!!!I think you got the point. I agree with you on the flatted factory type condo.

Unregistered
07-07-07, 09:23
Positive or negative reviews aside, does anyone in this forum knows what is the latest transacted price of "The Linear"?

Unregistered
07-07-07, 20:13
confirmed price have gone up on average to $600-700 plus/psf. All units now selling price starting from $800,000 to $1.2 million after discount.

Unregistered
07-07-07, 22:56
I guess that sales must be good.

Unregistered
07-07-07, 23:17
confirmed price have gone up on average to $600-700 plus/psf. All units now selling price starting from $800,000 to $1.2 million after discount.
how much it use to be? increase by how much?

Unregistered
07-07-07, 23:58
how much it use to be? increase by how much?

Heard that subsale units are selling below developer price.

Not a good sign because developer price at 800K-1million should be considered extemely cheap in today's crazy market.

Unregistered
08-07-07, 02:29
Any new transactions after the price increase?

Unregistered
09-07-07, 10:45
This one can buy. 1000psf also can buy. Red hot property market - Straits Times always use that phrase. RED and HOT. Buy to stay any price also nevermind. To stay what - you like the location, the condo, the place, the name etc, you buy lo. So easy. 2000psf also can. Other pay 450psf you pay 3000psf also nevermind. ou rich what. Buy lor.

Unregistered
09-07-07, 10:53
This one can buy. 1000psf also can buy. Red hot property market - Straits Times always use that phrase. RED and HOT. Buy to stay any price also nevermind. To stay what - you like the location, the condo, the place, the name etc, you buy lo. So easy. 2000psf also can. Other pay 450psf you pay 3000psf also nevermind. ou rich what. Buy lor.

Do you have 50million? Lets spend 40mil to round up the nearby properties and spend 10 million of Linear to 5000 psf. It is easy, the trick used by stockist can be used to make a pile

Unregistered
11-07-07, 21:25
How many units left for The Linear? Anybody knows?

Unregistered
11-07-07, 22:38
How many units left for The Linear? Anybody knows?
100% sold!!!!!! now the subsales is about $900 per sq ft.

Unregistered
11-07-07, 22:43

You know the property market is crazy when even Linear can be sold out when it couldn't sell when it first launched.

Unregistered
11-07-07, 22:44

Agree completely.

ht
11-07-07, 22:46

really ?? I saw quite a few units still with Sale sign when I passed by yesterday afternoon...

if it's the case, congrats!!

Unregistered
11-07-07, 22:54
You know the property market is crazy when even Linear can be sold out when it couldn't sell when it first launched.

Good luck to the speculators and home owners who bought at such a high price.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 01:47

goodness... even the linear can be sold out!!???

Unregistered
12-07-07, 11:58
goodness... even the linear can be sold out!!???

Talk kok lar.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 13:06
think so too. Not possible to be sold out!!!

Madeira
12-07-07, 13:12
I think still got more than 50% unsold units.

If u just consider those that are facing the main road, then I think only 10% are sold. Those facing the canal are mostly sold.

Developer raised the price so that they can pressurise would-be buyers.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 13:55
You must have just gotten back from Mars or Jupiter is it? Your figures below are totally dated, the sales situation has flipped totally. Just go check with the developer.

I think still got more than 50% unsold units.

If u just consider those that are facing the main road, then I think only 10% are sold. Those facing the canal are mostly sold.

Developer raised the price so that they can pressurise would-be buyers.

Unregistered
12-07-07, 15:48
Not sure if true or not. Heard the developer stops selling the canal-facing units. So maybe that's why sold-out? Can someone confirm?

Unregistered
12-07-07, 17:25
That was more than a week ago when they stop selling the canal facing units. Now not very sure.....

Unregistered
13-07-07, 20:02

still left about 40% unsold

Unregistered
13-07-07, 23:14

if someone here is trying deceive potential buyers to buy at ridiculous sub-sale prices, it is really naive, I dun think pple who spend this kind money are that stupid and it will only create a terrible name for agents!!

Unregistered
13-07-07, 23:22
if someone here is trying deceive potential buyers to buy at ridiculous sub-sale prices, it is really naive, I dun think pple who spend this kind money are that stupid and it will only create a terrible name for agents!!
I do agree with you, I think this condo is really so bad that many of them are making bad remarks with the out look, like flatted factory, even the condo.com.sg also said that. think before you buy!!!!!

Unregistered
14-07-07, 01:23

This is disgusting. Whoever lied that the linear is sold out ought to be shot. What does he hope to achieve in doing so? No fool will buy from the subsale market without first checking with the developer that it is indeed sold out. All he's done is gave a bad name to owners of the linear. Upmarket? Ptui!!!

Unregistered
14-07-07, 03:53
Still left 30% unsold.

Unregistered
Still left 20% unsold.

Unregistered
Still left 10% unsold.

Unregistered
0% unsold! Sold out!!!!

Madeira
14-07-07, 10:14
0% unsold! Sold out!!!!
Today paper still have such a big advertisement of Linear.
The units facing the main road are just not livable. Noise level and polution from vehicles are just too high.

Based on URA lastest transactions almost every 3 bedroom unit in Linear is priced way below a Tiong Bahru HDB flat which is already 6 - 7 years old. This is simply because of the noise and air polution.

That is all I would like to say about a brand new 999-year leasehold development.

Unregistered
14-07-07, 11:40
Whoever would believe that the Linear is sold out now from the info in this board is completely gullible.

Plenty of solutions to keep noise/air pollution in check - double-glazed windows, 2-layer glass doors, etc in the ID or reno for some units I saw when I checked out this development.

Oh come on, are you naive or ignorant?? Price differential "simply because of the noise and air polution"??? It's the location first and foremost, stupid!! TB is just by the downtown area, while Bt Panjang so much far flung from downtown.

Today paper still have such a big advertisement of Linear.
The units facing the main road are just not livable. Noise level and polution from vehicles are just too high.

Based on URA lastest transactions almost every 3 bedroom unit in Linear is priced way below a Tiong Bahru HDB flat which is already 6 - 7 years old. This is simply because of the noise and air polution.

That is all I would like to say about a brand new 999-year leasehold development.

Unregistered
14-07-07, 12:34
The winners are those who buy at such a low price....: )

Madeira
14-07-07, 21:39
Whoever would believe that the Linear is sold out now from the info in this board is completely gullible.

Plenty of solutions to keep noise/air pollution in check - double-glazed windows, 2-layer glass doors, etc in the ID or reno for some units I saw when I checked out this development.

Oh come on, are you naive or ignorant?? Price differential "simply because of the noise and air polution"??? It's the location first and foremost, stupid!! TB is just by the downtown area, while Bt Panjang so much far flung from downtown.

Upper Bukit Timah/Hillview Area is quite good. There is even enbloc for some of the older development e.g. Dairy Farm Cashew. There is nothing wrong with this location.

The only thing wrong with Linear is the noise and air polution because it is too close to the main road. Other development nearby all sell quite well because they are further in from the main road.

Unregistered
14-07-07, 22:19
HDB more expensive than "the linear"!!!! Wait for what! Buy 999yrs better than 99yrs HDB whether there are noise or pollution! Which got more holding power??? Of course 999!!! Please wake up!!!!

Unregistered
15-07-07, 00:33
Complete rubbish. First you compare Tiong Bahru HDB and Linear prices which you say Linear low prices are due to noise and air pollution. I say they are in different categories altogether mainly due to locations in Bt Panjang vs downtown areas. Now you want to talk about locations in Upper Bt Timah and Hillview which is another area. Linear is in Bt Panjang as a matter of factly, NOT or Upper Bt Timah and Hillview.

What rubbish info you talk about enbloc in Dairy Farm, these are still in the initial gestational stage, nothing at all confirmed yet!!! Wake up dude!

What other development nearby selling well, you tell me. Show me the numbers and evidence proper. Don't throw smoke here and there. Your arguments here are pathetically leaky and weak.

Upper Bukit Timah/Hillview Area is quite good. There is even enbloc for some of the older development e.g. Dairy Farm Cashew. There is nothing wrong with this location.

The only thing wrong with Linear is the noise and air polution because it is too close to the main road. Other development nearby all sell quite well because they are further in from the main road.

Madeira
15-07-07, 01:10
Complete rubbish. First you compare Tiong Bahru HDB and Linear prices which you say Linear low prices are due to noise and air pollution. I say they are in different categories altogether mainly due to locations in Bt Panjang vs downtown areas. Now you want to talk about locations in Upper Bt Timah and Hillview which is another area. Linear is in Bt Panjang as a matter of factly, NOT or Upper Bt Timah and Hillview.

What rubbish info you talk about enbloc in Dairy Farm, these are still in the initial gestational stage, nothing at all confirmed yet!!! Wake up dude!

What other development nearby selling well, you tell me. Show me the numbers and evidence proper. Don't throw smoke here and there. Your arguments here are pathetically leaky and weak.

U r an idiot. Linear is along Upper Bt Timah Road. People in Dairy Farm rejects the enbloc. Cashew Hts is in the process of enbloc.

Unregistered
15-07-07, 01:48
An idiot pointing a finger at himself after his ignorance is exposed and postings rubbished? Don't waste bandwidth and go off-topic. Wanna post with a registered ID, do so with poise and coherence, don't write rubbish.

U r an idiot. Linear is along Upper Bt Timah Road. People in Dairy Farm rejects the enbloc. Cashew Hts is in the process of enbloc.

Unregistered
15-07-07, 13:17
Linear is not 100% sold out yet. Saw the developer still advertising on the paper.

I cannot believe that Linear is worth as much as properties in Hillview area, West coast area or Tiong Bahru.

And yes, Linear is in Bukit Panjang area not Upper Bukit Timah!

Madeira
15-07-07, 14:01
Linear is not 100% sold out yet. Saw the developer still advertising on the paper.

I cannot believe that Linear is worth as much as properties in Hillview area, West coast area or Tiong Bahru.

And yes, Linear is in Bukit Panjang area not Upper Bukit Timah!

The official address for Linear is :

Lots 134 to 136, 168, 169, 171, 172, 174 to 168, Mk 14 Upper Bukit Timah Road.

Pls check the newspaper official advertisement. :) :) :)

Unregistered
15-07-07, 15:31
Got your point. But it is classified as a different district. It does make a difference which district your property is on.

Unregistered
15-07-07, 16:08
Anyone have any idea why the developer is not selling units facing canal? They are revaluing it?

Unregistered
15-07-07, 16:23
Yes, the last quoted price facing canal has all gone rocket up!!

Madeira
15-07-07, 17:25

I think facing the canal ones shd be sold out already.
Those facing the main road, the developer is giving out free ear defenders and face masks to entice buyers.

Unregistered
15-07-07, 17:51

Rocket up to what level?

Unregistered
15-07-07, 20:13
Those facing the main road, the developer is giving out free ear defenders and face masks to entice buyers.

I like your humble. But maybe there should also provide free air filters for the air-con!

Unregistered
15-07-07, 22:59
Hey retard, do we need you to tell us the address is in Upp Bt Rimah Rd?? And you think you're the only who knows??!! Stop polluting this thread with those idiotic big fonts of yours.

Buzz off and stop posting rubbish if you have no idea of the locality area/district and hinterland for nearby amenities which is Bt Panjang.

The official address for Linear is :

Lots 134 to 136, 168, 169, 171, 172, 174 to 168, Mk 14 Upper Bukit Timah Road.

Pls check the newspaper official advertisement. :) :) :)

Unregistered
15-07-07, 23:13
Wooo... you just crap the shit out of me with your humour, very funny hor.

From the Madeira thread, this Madeira guy is supposedly a specialist agent on The Madeira in the Bt Batok area by his/her admittance. Trying here to disparage other developments in the vicinity to drum up more deals for projects in your Bt Batok area?? You just cannot trust/believe what these lowball games and tactics dished out by these slimy agents.

Madeira
15-07-07, 23:15
Hey retard, do we need you to tell us the address is in Upp Bt Rimah Rd?? And you think you're the only who knows??!! Stop polluting this thread with those idiotic big fonts of yours.

Buzz off and stop posting rubbish if you have no idea of the locality area/district and hinterland for nearby amenities which is Bt Panjang.

U still dun get the point. Probably u dun even know how to register a proper account and contribute constructively to the forum. Or perhaps, u dun have the balls to do it. :doh: :doh: :doh:

I forgive u though.

Unregistered
16-07-07, 11:16
Anyone have any idea why the developer is not selling units facing canal? They are revaluing it?

Saw the usual very big ad on the Sat's classified. IMHO the developer may be holding back the canal-facing ones and just trying to sell the front facing ones for fear that these cannot never be sold out. Holding back the canal units (if true) gives the illusion that the condo is selling very well with only the front units for sale (so less for sale). It could save some face for the developer and archittect and also the current owners since in red-hot property, not being able to sell-out a condo (and this one only got 200+) for such a long period of time is, IMHO, very lau kiu. Or let's face it, this condo is a big mistake.

Madeira
16-07-07, 12:47
Wooo... you just crap the shit out of me with your humour, very funny hor.

So glad that u like my humour. Ok, in this case, I give u more:

The other day I was visiting the showflat at The Linear with my family. Told the agent I wanted to view an actual unit that is facing the main road. So the agent brought me to see a unit on the 2nd floor. It was a bare unit, not renovated. While I was talking to the agent, my naughty boy went to open a window facing the road, and put his head out of the window. The agent saw this and shouted to my boy, "Watch out yr head. It is very dangerous to stick yr head out. The buses and lorries passing by may hit yr head."

A slight bit of exaggeration here to bring out some humour and to put the point across, that the Linear is simply built too close to the main road for comfort. :p :p :p

Unregistered
16-07-07, 22:49

The other day I was visiting the showflat at The Linear with my family. Told the agent I wanted to view an actual unit that is facing the main road. So the agent brought me to see a unit on the 2nd floor. It was a bare unit, not renovated. While I was talking to the agent, my naughty boy went to open a window facing the road, and put his head out of the window. The agent saw this and shouted to my boy, "Watch out yr head. It is very dangerous to stick yr head out. The buses and lorries passing by may hit yr head."

A slight bit of exaggeration here to bring out some humour and to put the point across, that the Linear is simply built too close to the main road for comfort. :p :p :p
I think is really to close to the road also. It got to be very dusty and noisy.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 10:30
I think is really to close to the road also. It got to be very dusty and noisy.

Look at the URA website. The statistics can't lie. Only about 60% sold as of end-June, for this condo that has topped for a while now, been selling for years now, and in this red-hot porperty market with endless en-bloc millionaires looking for ready homes, it shows Linear just can't make the cut. It's game over for Linear. For buyers, very sorry for you all.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 12:32
Alamak, this one is totally flat and corny, cannot make it! Watch and learn more from Jay Leno and David Letterman shows before coming here to try to be funny.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 12:44
No need to be sorry for buyers. Just be sorry for yourself to be parroting the same post all over different websites, nothing better to do huh??

Statistics don't lie, but what is published is of the past. Statistics is also used to predict future trends. What you missed writing is that 28 units sold in June alone, 83 units left unsold. Going by the same projection/trend, it's gonna be sold out in 2-3 months time. It's just a matter of time. Game is slow but has just started not too long ago; the party will last for 2 to 3 years more for the market and Linear included!

Look at the URA website. The statistics can't lie. Only about 60% sold as of end-June, for this condo that has topped for a while now, been selling for years now, and in this red-hot porperty market with endless en-bloc millionaires looking for ready homes, it shows Linear just can't make the cut. It's game over for Linear. For buyers, very sorry for you all.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 14:08
No need to be sorry for buyers. Just be sorry for yourself to be parroting the same post all over different websites, nothing better to do huh??

Statistics don't lie, but what is published is of the past. Statistics is also used to predict future trends. What you missed writing is that 28 units sold in June alone, 83 units left unsold. Going by the same projection/trend, it's gonna be sold out in 2-3 months time. It's just a matter of time. Game is slow but has just started not too long ago; the party will last for 2 to 3 years more for the market and Linear included!

Am I seeing things? Based on the URA figures, the psf for June has dropped to $572psf (meaning about 50% of the 28 units sold in June was below $572psf, with the lowest at S$497psf). If I had bought earlier, maybe like last year or during launch, I would be throwing #*%###*** at myself, the developer, the condo and everything else. This is RED HOT market and yet this condo's price has dropped!!!

Unregistered
17-07-07, 14:24

I don't want people to get a bad bargain or get fooled. there are idiots here who said the prices have shot up to 800psf or more for this lousy condo. It's great that the stat are out for all to see. Take a hide.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 14:26
0% unsold! Sold out!!!!

Aiyo, get a life, u trying to smoke huh. Desperate to unload your losses isit?

Unregistered
17-07-07, 14:28

This guy must be a desperado man. Trying to smoke people. Thanks be to the URA stats. We all know who are the liars now.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 17:26
It's bye-bye Linear. I know it's built by a great architect. But this may well turn out to be the architect's greatest flop. It's not really the design that's an issue (plant the building on Sentosa Cove and it'll be a sell-out at 2000psf). Too many problems with it - road, canal, west-facing, dust, school noise, basketball courts noise, petrol pump station and connected to old shophouses. All these must be taken into account. Maybe a local architect would have done better knowing the local condition. A foreign architect with an international acclaim is more at home at international playfield such as Sentosa, Marina Bay and One-North. I propose demolishing this condo. I feel that the residents living there (especially the children) will grow up with an inferiority complex. This is bad for them.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 17:34
It's bye-bye Linear. I know it's built by a great architect. But this may well turn out to be the architect's greatest flop. It's not really the design that's an issue (plant the building on Sentosa Cove and it'll be a sell-out at 2000psf). Too many problems with it - road, canal, west-facing, dust, school noise, basketball courts noise, petrol pump station and connected to old shophouses. All these must be taken into account. Maybe a local architect would have done better knowing the local condition. A foreign architect with an international acclaim is more at home at international playfield such as Sentosa, Marina Bay and One-North. I propose demolishing this condo. I feel that the residents living there (especially the children) will grow up with an inferiority complex. This is bad for them.

It is about time residents considering the "enbloc" option. One solution is to build a 50-story resdential-shopping complex with sky garden and tennis court and other facilities on the top three floors. With the enbloc fever is still raging, residents may be able to get the sympathy from the URA to revise the plot ratios upwards sharply and make a huge profits at the end. Let's see who gets the last laugh!

Unregistered
18-07-07, 10:12
Got your point. But it is classified as a different district. It does make a difference which district your property is on.

Please la....address is Upper Bukit Timah OK? Thats all there is to it/.

Madeira
18-07-07, 10:32
Alamak, this one is totally flat and corny, cannot make it! Watch and learn more from Jay Leno and David Letterman shows before coming here to try to be funny.

b4 u comment on people's humour, ask yrself what humour have u contributed.
What's the pt of u watching so much Jay Leno and David Letterman shows and not able to show the slightest bit of humour? But of course u did clown urself by saying that Linear is in Bukit Panjang and not Upper Bukit Timah.

Do take note that being a clown and being humourous are two different things. Watching those shows seem to make u more like a clown.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 11:24
Why should I want to contribute humour? I'm happy being a lurker and gatekeeper to critique rubbish postings and false info from unscrupulous agents such as you!

Still want to argue on the location?!! Linear is in Bt Panjang and is under the jurisdiction/management area of Bt Panjang Town Council. The rest of Hillview area condos are under Hong Kah Town Council. Address may be in Upper Bukit Timah Rd, but it's not in Bukit Timah. Road address doesn't mean much in terms of the real location... do I need to remind you huh, stupid housing agent?!! Is Jln Jurong Kechil in Jurong??? Tell me!! Still want some more examples?!! Still can yourself a SPECIALIST agent in the Madeira??!! very special indeed hor?!

b4 u comment on people's humour, ask yrself what humour have u contributed.
What's the pt of u watching so much Jay Leno and David Letterman shows and not able to show the slightest bit of humour? But of course u did clown urself by saying that Linear is in Bukit Panjang and not Upper Bukit Timah.

Do take note that being a clown and being humourous are two different things. Watching those shows seem to make u more like a clown.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 11:41
Why should I want to contribute humour? I'm happy being a lurker and gatekeeper to critique rubbish postings and false info from unscrupulous agents such as you!

Still want to argue on the location?!! Linear is in Bt Panjang and is under the jurisdiction/management area of Bt Panjang Town Council. The rest of Hillview area condos are under Hong Kah Town Council. Address may be in Upper Bukit Timah Rd, but it's not in Bukit Timah. Road address doesn't mean much in terms of the real location... do I need to remind you huh, stupid housing agent?!! Is Jln Jurong Kechil in Jurong??? Tell me!! Still want some more examples?!! Still can yourself a SPECIALIST agent in the Madeira??!! very special indeed hor?!

Hey guys stop acting dumb. Don't be stupid la, Linear is in Woodlands, can walk to Woodlands Rd what.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 11:44
Ai yah... agents always play this game of telling clients that so and so condo project is in this address but actually is in another district or area altogether, or worst still near to red light district. Caveat emptor!

LINEAR GOOD?
18-07-07, 12:59

THIS POST ITSELF IS RUBBISH. THE THREAD STARTER WOULD BE ANGRY TO SEE YOU GUYS DESTROY HIS THREAD ON LINEAR.

BUT I THOUGHT LINEAR IN UPP BUKIT TIMAH? THE ONE NEAR TO HAZEL PARK CONDO, RIGHT? HAZEL PARK CONDO ALSO IN UPP BUKIT TIMAH, RIGHT?

HOW COME U ALL SINGAPORE PEOPLE BUY HOUSE LOOK AT TOWN COUNCIL MANAGEMENT? WHAT HAPPEN IF THEY RE-DRAW THE BOUNDARIES? OR CHANGE THE MP AT THE TOWN COUNCIL?

Unregistered
18-07-07, 13:11

You mean I my house in Orchard Road, but I cannot say I stay in Orchard area?
I don't like your attitude. You are looking down on people who stay in Bukit Panjang.
How can you say that you gatekeeper to critique post. This one is the administrator job, or Mr Funny job to do it. later Mr Funny come and ban ban you from this forum.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 13:13
Hey guys stop acting dumb. Don't be stupid la, Linear is in Woodlands, can walk to Woodlands Rd what.

Ha ha ha. Linear also can walk to JB.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 13:22
Question: Where is Linear located?

(a) Upper Bt Timah
(b) Woodlands
(c) Bt Panjang
(d) Choa Chu Kang
(e) All of the above

Answer: (e)

Unregistered
18-07-07, 13:28
Question: Where is Linear located?

(a) Upper Bt Timah
(b) Woodlands
(c) Bt Panjang
(d) Choa Chu Kang
(e) All of the above

Answer: (e)

Wow, this post makes sense. So we can say Linear is in any of the above. Can also say Linear is in Singapore?

durian
18-07-07, 20:15
Wow, this post makes sense. So we can say Linear is in any of the above. Can also say Linear is in Singapore?

Can also say Linear is in ulu ulu location. :doh:

wonder Man
14-07-08, 00:00
Can also say Linear is in ulu ulu location. :doh:
After so long...almost one year, any good news for Linear? What is the price now?

Not that bad.
14-07-08, 22:22
Used to think Linear look ugly and like a factory and after seeing those apartments in Telok Kurau - Linear not so bad after all. Those apartments in Telok Kuraa really CMI - small pool and no facility and the worst possible finishing you can imagine. All look the same like factory. So Linear is not the worst I think.

Unregistered333
14-07-08, 23:08
Used to think Linear look ugly and like a factory and after seeing those apartments in Telok Kurau - Linear not so bad after all. Those apartments in Telok Kuraa really CMI - small pool and no facility and the worst possible finishing you can imagine. All look the same like factory. So Linear is not the worst I think.
Agreed with what you said, somehow still better than those smaller apartments. Any idea how much are they asking now.

Very cheap
14-07-08, 23:12
I saw a very low transacted price at URA. You go see yourself.

Agreed with what you said, somehow still better than those smaller apartments. Any idea how much are they asking now.

Sure Anot
15-07-08, 13:54

I wouldn't compare Linear to Telo Kurau if I were u.

Just judging at the proximity to town, Telo Kurau already wins hands down.

Then look at the facilities and amenities "beyond your apartment" - Telok Kurau has nice eateries, big shopping malls, library, renowned schools and famous recreational east coast beach nearby. It is a class on its own though filled with small developments with limited facilities within the apt itself.

It is much more liveable place than Linear which is "ulu" and subsceptible to noise and air pollutions.

Linear is definitely not the worst, but it is no better than Telok Kurau. It scores in its architectural design, but unless u r a retiree or housewife who spends most of your time in the apt, then I guess Linear works well for u better.

Linear or not?
15-07-08, 14:28
Well, to each his own. I think the back of Linear may not be too polluted. It is also nearer the latest happening places in Upper Bukit Timah, Rail Mall, Upper Bukit Timah, Chu Lin, eateries etc and near nature reserves - which is more natural than the reclaimed and rather polluted East Coast beach. And which big shopping mall is near Telok Kurau? Pls don't name me Parkway Parade.... I think there are more good schools in Bukit Timah than East Coast bah. So I guess to each his own :) Linear is not the best, but neither is it the worst.

I wouldn't compare Linear to Telo Kurau if I were u.

Just judging at the proximity to town, Telo Kurau already wins hands down.

Then look at the facilities and amenities "beyond your apartment" - Telok Kurau has nice eateries, big shopping malls, library, renowned schools and famous recreational east coast beach nearby. It is a class on its own though filled with small developments with limited facilities within the apt itself.

It is much more liveable place than Linear which is "ulu" and subsceptible to noise and air pollutions.

Linear is definitely not the worst, but it is no better than Telok Kurau. It scores in its architectural design, but unless u r a retiree or housewife who spends most of your time in the apt, then I guess Linear works well for u better.

Unregistered2
16-07-08, 17:03
Well, to each his own. I think the back of Linear may not be too polluted. It is also nearer the latest happening places in Upper Bukit Timah, Rail Mall, Upper Bukit Timah, Chu Lin, eateries etc and near nature reserves - which is more natural than the reclaimed and rather polluted East Coast beach. And which big shopping mall is near Telok Kurau? Pls don't name me Parkway Parade.... I think there are more good schools in Bukit Timah than East Coast bah. So I guess to each his own :) Linear is not the best, but neither is it the worst.
will linear have any MRT near to it now that there are so many new MRTs coming up in bukit timah?

Unregisteredsss
16-07-08, 17:44
will linear have any MRT near to it now that there are so many new MRTs coming up in bukit timah?

can walk 10 mins to the cashew mrt at assumption english school

Undervalued properties
16-07-08, 19:34
Can go Hillview if you're particular about MRT. One station before Cashew and prices are okay. Hope sellers will not ask for more with the MRT announcements. The condos there are of good build quality with full condo facilities. One thing I like about Hillview is all the condos there have different designs, colour and architecture - it's refreshing as compared to the cookie cutter boring industrial glass look now. Linear is only apartment status right?

Unregistered2
17-07-08, 17:28
Can go Hillview if you're particular about MRT. One station before Cashew and prices are okay. Hope sellers will not ask for more with the MRT announcements. The condos there are of good build quality with full condo facilities. One thing I like about Hillview is all the condos there have different designs, colour and architecture - it's refreshing as compared to the cookie cutter boring industrial glass look now. Linear is only apartment status right?
thanks for the info. actually just wondering if linear residents will benefit from the new MRT stations added. agree that condos in hillview are different. the only thing is accessibility. however, with more MRT stations, this area looks more promising now.

Unregisteredzzz
17-07-08, 20:01
thanks for the info. actually just wondering if linear residents will benefit from the new MRT stations added. agree that condos in hillview are different. the only thing is accessibility. however, with more MRT stations, this area looks more promising now.
Ture, any idea how much linear cost for a 3 bedroom

seeking
21-07-08, 01:11
Hey all. Is that bad for hillview, went to see now the view for the bt timah and city view on 24th floor really not bad! I think still can pay for the view!

Golf lover
21-07-08, 10:17
I wouldn't consider HV Regency. No underground carpark which is important esp when it rains so often in SG. Also 99 LH with no chance of MRT EVER. Near HDB means a lot of gatecrashers. Try to buy those freehold ones nearer the Upper Bukit Timah side, more exclusive and near to future Hillview MRT station. Most Hillview condos have great views with low plot ratios which means the condos are not so crowded. Hillview Regency is actually not along Hilview. It's located at Bukit Batok East Ave 2.

Hey all. Is that bad for hillview, went to see now the view for the bt timah and city view on 24th floor really not bad! I think still can pay for the view!

Old folks
21-07-08, 10:32
You mean Glendale Park? It is a JV between Capital Land and FEO. V good marble flooring. For your old folks, can consider Glendale Park because got daily free shuttle bus to Bt Batok - half hourly. Confirm Hillview MRT just behind the condo. Can also walk to Rail Mall for groceries. Quiet and surrounded by nature.

I just checked the website that cashew hill is asking for 1.6M up., definitely not within my budget.

Hillview area is nice tranquil area, however, transport and amenities are an issue especially for my old folks. I know there are 2 launces by FEO in hillview area if I recalled correctly - hillvista and glensprings.

I have went round looking at second hand resale condos in that district, such as northvale penthouse (asking 710K), the Jade (asking between 750-800K), the Madeira ( 650K up for high floors), and the Warren (650k up for high floors).

Unregistered9
21-07-08, 10:50
thanks

the pricing is quite okay considering around 760 upwards for 20 stories u think it is good

if not wat do u recommend?

I wouldn't consider HV Regency. No underground carpark which is important esp when it rains so often in SG. Also 99 LH with no chance of MRT EVER. Near HDB means a lot of gatecrashers. Try to buy those freehold ones nearer the Upper Bukit Timah side, more exclusive and near to future Hillview MRT station. Most Hillview condos have great views with low plot ratios which means the condos are not so crowded. Hillview Regency is actually not along Hilview. It's located at Bukit Batok East Ave 2.

Your choice
21-07-08, 21:49
It's up to you really. You like very dense development >1000 units issit? The freehold Hillview and Bt Timah condos are low and mid density ones with low plot ratios and strict height limits. Most of the condos along Hillview and Bt Timah to not exceed 10 floors. Having said that, it means that there're less units in a development which makes it more exclusive than dense developments like Hillview Regency (Bt Batok is hi density housing). It also means every unit owns more land which translate to higher consideration in times of enbloc. I would recommend those freehold condos along Hillview that is within walking distance to the future Hillview MRT station near Salvation Army. Upside potential is there, if you intend to stay for more than 6 years. Hillview Regency is more a HDB upgrader type of condo surrounded by HDB, and has its own cham but problems as well.

thanks

the pricing is quite okay considering around 760 upwards for 20 stories u think it is good

if not wat do u recommend?

Unregistered9
22-07-08, 01:31
thnaks for the reply i think i like the view of the city and BT hill probably will give a shot first .. high floors 800 + per square foot and quite magnificient view..

Sure Anot
22-07-08, 20:19

Yes, to each his own, but I can bet u prices in Telok Kurau will appreciate more than Linear and I can also bet you out of 10 people, more will choose Telok Kurau than Linear. Swallow ur pride and face the truth. No one's gonna blame u for the wrong choice.

See buildings
22-07-08, 23:25
Like to see buildings issit? then u should move to areas close to city. Bt Timah/holland and Hillview probably not for you due to low plot ratio. Can try resale Balestier Geylang area. Sure can see lots of buildings. Hillview Regency IMHO is one of the worst HDB upgrader condo, with thefts, carpark disputes etc.

thnaks for the reply i think i like the view of the city and BT hill probably will give a shot first .. high floors 800 + per square foot and quite magnificient view..

Unregistered9
23-07-08, 16:40
wow u mentioned thefts ; what do u mean breakins? i thought there are security guards.... my goodness i almost sign , wat are the carpark disputes? can help to elaborate .. maybe i should rethink the whole plc!

Problems
24-07-08, 00:03
Happy just buy! No breakins. Just that unlike some of the FH condos in Hillview where you can leave your branded shoes at the corridor and no one will steal, you cannot do so at Hillview Regency as there're theives who steal shoes in this condo. Also lift always got urine, until they have install CCTV cameras in the lift - HDB related problems. And no underground car park. There is limited covered car park under the building. So everyone try to jostle to get those limited car park. Nobody likes to park in the open air or visitor car park further out. If you're a driver, you'll know why. But if you can overlook these things, just buy lah. Not easy to find your dream home.

wow u mentioned thefts ; what do u mean breakins? i thought there are security guards.... my goodness i almost sign , wat are the carpark disputes? can help to elaborate .. maybe i should rethink the whole plc!

Unregistered9
24-07-08, 10:35
Oh seems like there is corrective action done hope there is no more such issues, i do find the interior very old and basically not gd solid quality seems the gd thing about HW is the view but just realised it is not BT hill but is bukit batok park that it is facing sign!

Wait
25-07-08, 09:29
Yes, to each his own, but I can bet u prices in Telok Kurau will appreciate more than Linear and I can also bet you out of 10 people, more will choose Telok Kurau than Linear. Swallow ur pride and face the truth. No one's gonna blame u for the wrong choice.
right or wrong choice remains to be seen.

Rubbish
25-07-08, 11:04
Any sentence that comes after "I bet" is usually rubbish. It only means you have no facts to support your claims. You stay in Telok Kurau? Why are you speaking like that? What a loser mentality.

ggg
25-07-08, 11:49
Any sentence that comes after "I bet" is usually rubbish. It only means you have no facts to support your claims. You stay in Telok Kurau? Why are you speaking like that? What a loser mentality.

yeah, just like never trust anyone who says "Trust me on this",
and any one who says "Friendship" more than twice in a short conversation is not a good friend.!

Linear resident
14-09-08, 22:50
I'm a resident in Linear...dun think I can sell my place for the next 7 yrs at least!

Situation may only improve after Petir (tentative name) MRT is built, which is abt 150 m diagonally opp, near the Indian temple.

Only good thing was the price was low when I bought it in Sep 2006 (massive discount from the developer)

Other than these, everything said abt the condo is true, looks like flatted factory, face the western sun, too near the road...the typical S'porean will not take to....(I'm one of them!). They remain as minor inconveniences, not big problems.

But compared to living in Woodlands (my former residence), travelling to any parts of Singapore is so much easier and best of all, near my parents and parents-in-law....so I guess one man's poison is another's medicine!

The design of the building, in the long run, will stand to the test of time (timeless design, low maintenance, very few walls to paint wat!)

In short, think long term and things r'nt so bad as many think.

passer-by
16-09-08, 08:31
as compared to woodlands, linear is definitely much better. every place has its own appeal. with the mrt coming up, the value of linear is also certain to increase.

Unregisteredthg
16-09-08, 14:10
Don't reproach yourself like that. If you bought it at a good bargain, then it is a good buy. I do not personally like the location, but given time, it should come up. I think you guys should petition for the coffeeshops just beside to be removed as it is an utter eyesore.

I'm a resident in Linear...dun think I can sell my place for the next 7 yrs at least!

Situation may only improve after Petir (tentative name) MRT is built, which is abt 150 m diagonally opp, near the Indian temple.

Only good thing was the price was low when I bought it in Sep 2006 (massive discount from the developer)

Other than these, everything said abt the condo is true, looks like flatted factory, face the western sun, too near the road...the typical S'porean will not take to....(I'm one of them!). They remain as minor inconveniences, not big problems.

But compared to living in Woodlands (my former residence), travelling to any parts of Singapore is so much easier and best of all, near my parents and parents-in-law....so I guess one man's poison is another's medicine!

The design of the building, in the long run, will stand to the test of time (timeless design, low maintenance, very few walls to paint wat!)

In short, think long term and things r'nt so bad as many think.

Kenshinto80
03-12-08, 15:17
The Linear still has 71 units unsold! This is incredible.

I think the developer should try to give a 10% Christmas promotion to move some units at 500psf.

The design quite cool.

flying bear
23-03-09, 19:33
saw the weekend adveristment, going for 500psf.

Wonder wat is the real launch price with discount ? been sitting for long time since last launched.

As it is either east or west facing, I wonder if there is any wind. Do you have to on your aircon and fan most of time ?

Does the Secondary school behind post any problem with noise if u face the canal side ?

Thanks

zoros
26-03-09, 09:18
Linear was somewhat like a new project BUT fall under the cage of the old development boundary.

Before Linear, it was a row of pre and post-war 2 storeys shophouses. Thus the shape and size of Linear takes the form of those shophouses, i.e. a long rectangular building. You can't do much changes unless you can request the authority to re-align the big CANAL or the BIG NOISY TRUNK ROAD! which of cos is IMPOSSIBLE.

So LIVE WITH IT for those who are in Linear. For those who intend to buy, THINK TWICE before you buy.

saw the weekend adveristment, going for 500psf.

Wonder wat is the real launch price with discount ? been sitting for long time since last launched.

As it is either east or west facing, I wonder if there is any wind. Do you have to on your aircon and fan most of time ?

Does the Secondary school behind post any problem with noise if u face the canal side ?

Thanks

beverly
02-04-09, 13:48
Linear was somewhat like a new project BUT fall under the cage of the old development boundary.

Before Linear, it was a row of pre and post-war 2 storeys shophouses. Thus the shape and size of Linear takes the form of those shophouses, i.e. a long rectangular building. You can't do much changes unless you can request the authority to re-align the big CANAL or the BIG NOISY TRUNK ROAD! which of cos is IMPOSSIBLE.

So LIVE WITH IT for those who are in Linear. For those who intend to buy, THINK TWICE before you buy.

Bro, according to Ivy Lee agents, 2 yrs back, they showed us this plan where the canal is planned to be changed into some landscape or something along that line .. not sure when though ..

For those who live facing the main road, you will notice that the blinds are all down and if I am not wrong, they get the noon sun too. the ones at the back appears to be better, some units face the taller condo driveway.

Guess if Linear is built amongst the greenery , it will be a different story. The units do have good layout internally.

prince7
09-04-09, 01:45
Anymore units left now? What price?

Joseph Chee
09-04-09, 12:44
Anymore units left now? What price?

Dun need to rush. Plenty left!

dumbass
09-04-09, 14:20
Hi, just curious to know from the bros here, assuming buying for own stay and no plan to sell in the near future, as well as the fact that I dun mind the location and the facing:

1. what is a fair price for this project?
2. any idea what is the construction cost of the project?

Thanks in advance...

proud owner
09-04-09, 14:30
Hi, just curious to know from the bros here, assuming buying for own stay and no plan to sell in the near future, as well as the fact that I dun mind the location and the facing:

1. what is a fair price for this project?
2. any idea what is the construction cost of the project?

Thanks in advance...

If Linear was located in town ..it would have sold very very well ... its got a very unique and nice design ..in fact it has won soem awards ,,...

unfortunately where it is located now ...i think its only in the 500-550 psf region ... my guess ..

opposite it ...near the nursery ... there a restuarant ..quite good food ..

dumbass
09-04-09, 14:46
If Linear was located in town ..it would have sold very very well ... its got a very unique and nice design ..in fact it has won soem awards ,,...

unfortunately where it is located now ...i think its only in the 500-550 psf region ... my guess ..

opposite it ...near the nursery ... there a restuarant ..quite good food ..

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

That's the current price being offered by the developer for brand new units ... any idea will it drop to $450/400PSF as the economic crisis deepens?

proud owner
09-04-09, 14:52
Thanks for the prompt reply :)

That's the current price being offered by the developer for brand new units ... any idea will it drop to $450/400PSF as the economic crisis deepens?

i think the new projects will have a greater chance of psf falling ... but Linear was launched at least 5 yr ?? and its limited how much it can fall further ...

thats my feeling ...

also ... the stretch on its right (if stand facing gate) are also old shop houses .. in time to come will have chance to be 'enbloced' so i think that whole stretch will change .. probably within the next 10 yrs ...

if buy to stay i feel its fair price ...

dumbass
09-04-09, 15:07
i think the new projects will have a greater chance of psf falling ... but Linear was launched at least 5 yr ?? and its limited how much it can fall further ...

thats my feeling ...

also ... the stretch on its right (if stand facing gate) are also old shop houses .. in time to come will have chance to be 'enbloced' so i think that whole stretch will change .. probably within the next 10 yrs ...

if buy to stay i feel its fair price ...

Ok thanks Proud Owner,

Really appreciate your input. I really like the interior layout of the units at the Linear, very squarish rooms, with no wasting of spaces. And the masterbed room toilet...OMG It's one of the largest that I've even seen :)

Cheers!
DA

prince7
09-04-09, 15:13
I just view the place. They sold almost all over last 2 weeks. Left 3 units in front (520 psf) and 3 ground level (550psf) and they are not willing to lower any pricing.

Not worth it as 2 weeks ago, Level 1-6 all 550psf ONLY! So why pay same price for ground floor plus the 85sf patio cannot be counted into the valuation for bank. So, need to cough up 50-60K on top of bank valuation.

Ground floor and 2nd floor, surely very hard to sell, since back alley people walk can hear, smoke u can smell, etc. :)

dodobird
09-04-09, 17:07
This project is indeed a gem now in terms of the layout, design and location.

But the negatives are keeping the ppl away...

Back units:
I can't really think of any seriously. Dun tink noise and sun is a factor here.

Front units:
1. Main Road (Noise. Heavy Traffic and i guess a lot of heavy vehicles use this stretch. If u realise, there's a heavy vehicle carpark beside it.)
2. KTM train (Noise. Again, please consider the noise of the train passing by. Not frequent, but may wake u up at the wrong time.)
3. Afternoon Sun (I guess this one will turn ur unit into a steam bath.)

P.S. Residents, please give your honest feedback regarding the front unit. Are they HOT and NOISY? I'm considering an unit there as well.. =)

So please consider before you commit. Property will tie u down in the long run. It's not like buying a TOY.

wreckwrx
26-04-09, 03:00
I managed to get my hands on a back facing unit and I just popped by the solicitor's last fri to exercise my otp.... till now I still can't quite contain my excitement.

Reading through all the comments in this thread, I guess this development invokes pretty much a love-it or hate-it type of reaction.... and judging from the reactions I get from my own relatives and frens when I told them about The Linear, it seems like not many people are entirely convinced I made the right choice... and it is easy to know why they feel that way.

But I trust in my own judgment or maybe I just simply refuse to see the "light". In any case, I am really glad I got a back facing unit because it is truly a very different feel when u step into a back-facing unit compared to those facing the front.

Mine is looking into the rows of trees that helps to conceal a bit of Mayspring's carpark. Given that the design is "linear", all the rooms are laid out in straight line, so I get the same view when I step into the living room all the way through to the master bedroom at the end. It's like having a continuous wall of "greenery" as I stroll through my unit.

The internal layout is very squarish so it is very easy to work with. I get a nice modern kitchen plus the master bedroom toilet is HUGE and their finishing is pretty good ....

I guess I will only find out the true nuances of this development after I move but for now, I really think I have gotten a great deal. I can't wait to shift in....

Hope to hear from more fellow Linear owners in this forum soon....

franzmark
26-04-09, 05:26
to me, the design of this condo does not seem to go well with the facing even though the psf is rather low. as for pty, location is almost everything, but if you like the area very much, then i there is nothing else anyone can say....

I managed to get my hands on a back facing unit and I just popped by the solicitor's last fri to exercise my otp.... till now I still can't quite contain my excitement.

Reading through all the comments in this thread, I guess this development invokes pretty much a love-it or hate-it type of reaction.... and judging from the reactions I get from my own relatives and frens when I told them about The Linear, it seems like not many people are entirely convinced I made the right choice... and it is easy to know why they feel that way.

But I trust in my own judgment or maybe I just simply refuse to see the "light". In any case, I am really glad I got a back facing unit because it is truly a very different feel when u step into a back-facing unit compared to those facing the front.

Mine is looking into the rows of trees that helps to conceal a bit of Mayspring's carpark. Given that the design is "linear", all the rooms are laid out in straight line, so I get the same view when I step into the living room all the way through to the master bedroom at the end. It's like having a continuous wall of "greenery" as I stroll through my unit.

The internal layout is very squarish so it is very easy to work with. I get a nice modern kitchen plus the master bedroom toilet is HUGE and their finishing is pretty good ....

I guess I will only find out the true nuances of this development after I move but for now, I really think I have gotten a great deal. I can't wait to shift in....

Hope to hear from more fellow Linear owners in this forum soon....

wreckwrx
26-04-09, 11:04
I have to admit that the low psf was one of the main deciding factor as I didn't have much to work with..... :money-faced1:

In terms of location, I was bounded by the cck and cashew area in order to be close to relatives and the existing public transportation link (MRT/LRT) is also very important to my wifey as she does not drive...

orange
26-04-09, 11:18
congrats on buying your unit! yeah I would do the same because of the attractive price. Location-wise not many people like, but near MRT and amenities is good enough for me!

Gordon Yuen
26-04-09, 11:42
I have to admit that the low psf was one of the main deciding factor as I didn't have much to work with..... :money-faced1:

In terms of location, I was bounded by the cck and cashew area in order to be close to relatives and the existing public transportation link (MRT/LRT) is also very important to my wifey as she does not drive...

As long as the place could fit into you daily living routines (your work, your family activities etc), I guess this is not a bad choice for you. An ex-colleague of mine has also bought an unit there. Anyway, congra to you.

wreckwrx
26-04-09, 15:36
congrats on buying your unit! yeah I would do the same because of the attractive price. Location-wise not many people like, but near MRT and amenities is good enough for me!

Thanks! Actually with the revised pricing, the take-up rate was really high... they even managed to move some of those so-called "less ideal" front facing units....

wreckwrx
26-04-09, 15:47
As long as the place could fit into you daily living routines (your work, your family activities etc), I guess this is not a bad choice for you. An ex-colleague of mine has also bought an unit there. Anyway, congra to you.

Being bounded geographically in terms of location plus the added criteria of being near to MRT/ LRT, it really helped narrow down the search to only a few developments..... And of those available, Linear appeals to me the most in terms of immediate occupancy, age of property, tenure, exterior design, interior finishings and pricing...... :)

dumbass
27-04-09, 16:55
Being bounded geographically in terms of location plus the added criteria of being near to MRT/ LRT, it really helped narrow down the search to only a few developments..... And of those available, Linear appeals to me the most in terms of immediate occupancy, age of property, tenure, exterior design, interior finishings and pricing...... :)

Hi Wreckwrx!

Recently bought a back facing unit too from the developer...

impatiently waiting for the keys so that I can start work on the ID, and to shift in with my family :)

Bought the unit with the same consideration as yours i.e immediate occupancy, low pricing, location central (near to my mother and mother-in-law place). Proximity to eateries and shopping mall (i.e Bukit Panjang plaza) also a plus. With the future MRT station just across the road (tho must wait till 2015), the pricing offered by the developer is simply too attactive to give up.

Would have gone for the penthouse if the developer is willing to selling at a lower PSF price i.e $400, but alas they are quite firm about the pricing, and hence making the penthouse unattractive as the PSF is the same as the normal units.

Congrats on your purchase, and hope to see u around!

Cheers!

wreckwrx
27-04-09, 20:49
Hi Wreckwrx!

impatiently waiting for the keys so that I can start work on the ID, and to shift in with my family :)

Bought the unit with the same consideration as yours i.e immediate occupancy, low pricing, location central (near to my mother and mother-in-law place). Proximity to eateries and shopping mall (i.e Bukit Panjang plaza) also a plus. With the future MRT station just across the road (tho must wait till 2015), the pricing offered by the developer is simply too attactive to give up.

Would have gone for the penthouse if the developer is willing to selling at a lower PSF price i.e $400, but alas they are quite firm about the pricing, and hence making the penthouse unattractive as the PSF is the same as the normal units.

Cheers!

Cool! A fellow Linear resident-to-be.... :cheers5: plus we got the same facing some more... ;)

I can't wait to shift in too!

Btw, next time if u see a dude walking a huge yellow labrador, that's me! :spliff:

proud owner
27-04-09, 20:58
Hi Wreckwrx!

Cheers!

hey .. looks like you took up my recommendation and bought a unit at Linear ..well done ...

it is indeed a very unique architectural piece ...

dumbass
28-04-09, 08:09
hey .. looks like you took up my recommendation and bought a unit at Linear ..well done ...

Haha! Yup, ur insightful comments on this project was the final push factor!

Thanks to all the bros who have given their valuable comments, both positive and negative, it's healthy dicussion like this that makes this forum useful...cheers!

Regulators
28-04-09, 11:54
btw how big are the 2 n 3 beddrs n wat is the psf?

wreckwrx
28-04-09, 14:18
btw how big are the 2 n 3 beddrs n wat is the psf?

So far, I have seen two configurations for the 3 bedders... one is 1227sqft and the other type is 1249sqft. The developer is selling the back facing units for $550psf and the front facing ones for $520psf. However apart from the penthouses, I am not sure if the developer have anymore back facing units left to sell...

As for the 2 bedders, I was offered a front facing unit at 936sqft asking for about $560psf.... but this was from the secondary market. Not sure whether it is still available or not....

Condorich
28-04-09, 17:35
So far, I have seen two configurations for the 3 bedders... one is 1227sqft and the other type is 1249sqft. The developer is selling the back facing units for $550psf and the front facing ones for $520psf. However apart from the penthouses, I am not sure if the developer have anymore back facing units left to sell...

As for the 2 bedders, I was offered a front facing unit at 936sqft asking for about $560psf.... but this was from the secondary market. Not sure whether it is still available or not....

A couple of transactions was lodged at $550 psf recently from URA's listing... uniform pricing by developer? no room to bargain? Anyway I am not sure if this is a good choice for investment even if it is cheaper, $550 psf * 1249 = $686950. Quite afforbable.:p

wreckwrx
28-04-09, 18:56
Standard pricing from Developer.... no room for negotiation...

In fact one of the fellow forummer here tried to negotiate for a better deal for a penthouse but developer did not entertain....

In terms of capital appreciation, i guess the nearby cashew area would be a better bet for now..... But in terms of affordability, age of property, exterior design and interior finishings coupled with the proximity to existing public transport network, Linear definitely suits my needs much better.

In any case once the MRT network is up and together with whatever improvements to the surrounding area, The Linear should be able to hold it's value...

franzmark
29-04-09, 00:25
but linear is stuck to an old rundown shophouse (wall to wall) which puts me off whenever i drive past the condo. i cant imagine anyone wanting to buy that corner beside the coffeeshop. another thing is there are a lot of lorries parked just opposite linear on the other side of the road, making the place look kinda ..... when i first saw the condo, i honestly did not think it was a condo and thought of it more as a short office building due to the linear glassy facade. i think back facing units should be all right, but for the front facing ones, even if you sell me at 400psf, i wont bite it.....

apple3
01-05-09, 02:12

In fact one of the fellow forummer here tried to negotiate for a better deal for a penthouse but developer did not entertain....

In terms of capital appreciation, i guess the nearby cashew area would be a better bet for now..... But in terms of affordability, age of property, exterior design and interior finishings coupled with the proximity to existing public transport network, Linear definitely suits my needs much better.

In any case once the MRT network is up and together with whatever improvements to the surrounding area, The Linear should be able to hold it's value...

Can't help but feel the need to comment on this Linear.

1. The good thing is it LH999 and available immediately + superb price reduction from developer after empty so long.

2. The bad thing, Because it is facing Mindef, it have a height restriction and the land shape deny its development to be North-South Oriented which then could go high like Maysprings behind Linear.

3. The train pass by minimum 4 times a day and could be hear as far as Hazel Park.

4. At the last check, the future MRT is not going to be on the empty land beside the LRT. Maysprings MCST + some residents had taken this thing all the way to Teo Ho Pin to request to have an integrated MRT/LRT/Interchange but however, this last station of the line could not be bend enough to cater. Tentatively it will be along Petir Road which is not exactly walking distance for Linear unless they could cut through or fly over Maysprings diagonally. (Chk Maysprings thread)

5. For goodness sake, Linear is an apartment classification not a condominium.

The prawn noodle beside Linear is good though. The Sze Char also not bad, do try their flower crab on Friday.

Lord Anus
01-05-09, 02:38
but linear is stuck to an old rundown shophouse (wall to wall) which puts me off whenever i drive past the condo. i cant imagine anyone wanting to buy that corner beside the coffeeshop. another thing is there are a lot of lorries parked just opposite linear on the other side of the road, making the place look kinda ..... when i first saw the condo, i honestly did not think it was a condo and thought of it more as a short office building due to the linear glassy facade. i think back facing units should be all right, but for the front facing ones, even if you sell me at 400psf, i wont bite it.....

Unlike the idiot above, I would buy at $400 psf. Any sellers please PM me, thanks.

franzmark
01-05-09, 02:55
of course with a name like Lord Anus, you would go for all kinds of shit at shit pricing as well...:doh: :doh: :doh:

Unlike the idiot above, I would buy at $400 psf. Any sellers please PM me, thanks.

moneymatters
01-05-09, 17:04

Did verify with developer marketing agent. Almost all units sold except for a few units that were rented out by developer. Think those who bought recently at 500-550psf got a very good deal and stands to profit much when DTL2 starts operation in 2015.

wreckwrx
03-05-09, 10:33
Did verify with developer marketing agent. Almost all units sold except for a few units that were rented out by developer. Think those who bought recently at 500-550psf got a very good deal and stands to profit much when DTL2 starts operation in 2015.

They are seeing a lot of showroom traffic since the re-launch prices and more importantly, they managed to move quite a no. of units. The back-facing units were snapped up very quickly followed by some of the front ones.... They even managed to sell a couple the penthouses during this period as well.

Seems like The Linear will not be as "vacant" and "left empty" as it use to be..

moneymatters
03-05-09, 21:00
They are seeing a lot of showroom traffic since the re-launch prices and more importantly, they managed to move quite a no. of units. The back-facing units were snapped up very quickly followed by some of the front ones.... They even managed to sell a couple the penthouses during this period as well.

Seems like The Linear will not be as "vacant" and "left empty" as it use to be..

Did a caveat check on Maysprings too for period Jan 2008 to Apr 2009. A total of 54 units transacted....quite an achievement in a recessionary period.

darkromeo
03-05-09, 23:05
Can't help but feel the need to comment on this Linear.

1. The good thing is it LH999 and available immediately + superb price reduction from developer after empty so long.

2. The bad thing, Because it is facing Mindef, it have a height restriction and the land shape deny its development to be North-South Oriented which then could go high like Maysprings behind Linear.

3. The train pass by minimum 4 times a day and could be hear as far as Hazel Park.

4. At the last check, the future MRT is not going to be on the empty land beside the LRT. Maysprings MCST + some residents had taken this thing all the way to Teo Ho Pin to request to have an integrated MRT/LRT/Interchange but however, this last station of the line could not be bend enough to cater. Tentatively it will be along Petir Road which is not exactly walking distance for Linear unless they could cut through or fly over Maysprings diagonally. (Chk Maysprings thread)

5. For goodness sake, Linear is an apartment classification not a condominium.

The prawn noodle beside Linear is good though. The Sze Char also not bad, do try their flower crab on Friday.

The indian Karu Briyani also not bad!

wreckwrx
03-05-09, 23:36
Did a caveat check on Maysprings too for period Jan 2008 to Apr 2009. A total of 54 units transacted....quite an achievement in a recessionary period.

I was considering Maysprings too since the development falls under the geographical boundary that I was focusing on. But somehow the internal layout of the units (a lot of odd angular corners) did not appeal to me, plus it is LH99 and about 8~9 yrs old already. And the units I saw were tenanted units so the maintenance and upkeep of the interior were quite poor...

At the end just felt more comfortable with Linear.

BenziT77
05-05-09, 09:09

Hi,

May i know how much is the maintenance fee ?

Thanks

wreckwrx
05-05-09, 10:04
Hi,

May i know how much is the maintenance fee ?

Thanks

Think it's about $272/mth

apple3
06-05-09, 00:21
I was considering Maysprings too since the development falls under the geographical boundary that I was focusing on. But somehow the internal layout of the units (a lot of odd angular corners) did not appeal to me, plus it is LH99 and about 8~9 yrs old already. And the units I saw were tenanted units so the maintenance and upkeep of the interior were quite poor...

At the end just felt more comfortable with Linear.

Putting comfort aside and just focus on costing, at 550psf of Linear and 550psf of Maysprings, of course get Linear.

mezzy
06-05-09, 12:32
Putting comfort aside and just focus on costing, at 550psf of Linear and 550psf of Maysprings, of course get Linear.

I have to agree with apple3. I am also one of the buyers that bought the back facing units. I have to admit that the exterior does not fancy me much, but its the interior and the price that make me decide to buy it. Now I am really looking forward to the day to collect my keys.

proud owner
06-05-09, 12:41
I have to agree with apple3. I am also one of the buyers that bought the back facing units. I have to admit that the exterior does not fancy me much, but its the interior and the price that make me decide to buy it. Now I am really looking forward to the day to collect my keys.

congrats ..

i've always thought Linear is a very unique designed project ... apart from the fact that its near the road .. it has its potential ...

wreckwrx
06-05-09, 13:03

Cool! Another fellow Linear resident-to-be... :D

Just exercised my option last week. I can't wait to get hold of my keys too! Hope to catch you around some time....

apple3
06-05-09, 22:36
congrats ..

i've always thought Linear is a very unique designed project ... apart from the fact that its near the road .. it has its potential ...

The factor is still the relaunch 550psf. And just decent for an apartment classification.

If you have follow my earlier comment, you could notice that with
West road East drain, no further land could be merge up. And it have very limited potential on height restriction unless Mindef shift home.

Just buy to stay lah, lease out also average yield for 550 grabber.
Capital appreciation forget it. Emblock near impossible.

Condorich
06-05-09, 23:27
The factor is still the relaunch 550psf. And just decent for an apartment classification.

If you have follow my earlier comment, you could notice that with
West road East drain, no further land could be merge up. And it have very limited potential on height restriction unless Mindef shift home.

Just buy to stay lah, lease out also average yield for 550 grabber.
Capital appreciation forget it. Emblock near impossible.

like that how to sell later if want to get out?

wreckwrx
11-05-09, 00:58
like that how to sell later if want to get out?

Then sell now lor.....

Just dropped by the sales office on Sun and apparently instead of lowering price to clear the remaining units, they just upped the price of the penthouses to $560psf.... :confused:

And the only back-facing unit left is the sales office on the ground floor and even for that, they got an offer for $600psf but they are not selling that unit.

orange
11-05-09, 01:16
Developer is stupid. Only a few $psf between successful sale (locked in profit) and no sale (liability/risk of holding unsold stock). If I were them, i'll just try to sell all asap instead of arguing over a few $psf.

dmonddd
11-05-09, 02:18
hazel park is going much less psf. am renting a unit here and been here for close to 2 years. ok on maintenance. neighbours ok.

recently exterior was repainted.

better facilities although older. >600 units hence more facilities available

mrt line up in 5 years. potential upside. used to see my rented unit being looked at for $900k. now $700k....my view is that this price is still high

flying bear
11-05-09, 10:32
"And the only back-facing unit left is the sales office on the ground floor and even for that, they got an offer for $600psf but they are not selling that unit."

Did you offer $600psf or they told you ?

wreckwrx
11-05-09, 10:46
"And the only back-facing unit left is the sales office on the ground floor and even for that, they got an offer for $600psf but they are not selling that unit."

Did you offer $600psf or they told you ?

They told me..... but it didn't matter because I already gotten an unit.

Maybe they just blowing hotair about the $600psf offer but indeed there are no more back-facing units left except for the penthouses and the sales office unit itself.

wreckwrx
11-05-09, 10:58
Developer is stupid. Only a few $psf between successful sale (locked in profit) and no sale (liability/risk of holding unsold stock). If I were them, i'll just try to sell all asap instead of arguing over a few $psf.

Damm Weird tactic by the developer.... not sure what they trying to achieve by upping the psf by a mere $10?? A symbolic move maybe?? :confused:

But even before this, the penthouses are priced at the same psf as the "normal" units... which in itself is already odd given that penthouses are usually priced on a lower psf basis as they are bigger sized than the "normal" units.....

apple3
12-05-09, 00:29

The above quoted is the wisdom of the day..

Regulators
12-05-09, 08:20
i got a suggestion for the front facing units. maybe developer can apply to convert road facing units to some kind of office...:doh:

proud owner
12-05-09, 08:46
i got a suggestion for the front facing units. maybe developer can apply to convert road facing units to some kind of office...:doh:

since we are all going green... just tell the management office or developer to plant a row of pine (?) trees .. or bamboo ..

its a low rise .. the tree can easily reach the max height, filter noise and dust ..

indeed developer not very smart ...

ET-68
16-05-09, 13:00
Hi:

Since no more back row units available, had just signed OTP for one of front row unit.

It seems rather "noisy" as read from this forum.....could that be minimized.....? But I think for S$520psf LH999....is a good value buy for mid-to-long terms holdings....:)

Well I look forward moving in after the tenancy expires next year.......

teddybear
16-05-09, 13:19
Wah $520 psf, So cheap! Even those HDB will no facilities and 99LH were sold for $600 psf!

Hi:

Since no more back row units available, had just signed OTP for one of front row unit.

It seems rather "noisy" as read from this forum.....could that be minimized.....? But I think for S$520psf LH999....is a good value buy for mid-to-long terms holdings....:)

ET-68
16-05-09, 14:29
Those who had bought it like I do would probably thought so....only set-back is the monthly maintainance is too high @$272/mth (high@$272/mth)....! Wonder why and when the committee will consider to reduce.....???

teddybear
16-05-09, 14:36
Think of it this way: If you own a HDB, you still pay car park of $100 (sheltered car park), conservation charges of $85 (e.g. 5rm flat). This is already $185! Pay a bit more & you get the swimming pool, the gym, the BBQ pit, etc!

Any goon-du will also know private properties at HDB prices is too good to be true! Either private property prices will have to rise more to create the gap or HDB prices have to drop (since we still have the EC which is supposed to be priced at a level sand-wiched between private and HDB). As a rule of thumb, I would expect that the price of private property (masss-market) to be 2x that of HDB in same vicinity.

Those who had bought it like I do would probably thought so....only set-back is the monthly maintainance is too high @$272/mth....! Wonder why and when the committee will consider to reduce.....???

ET-68
16-05-09, 14:49
....2x!.... that would be a day for those Linear proud owners will like it to happen of soonest.:cheers6:

moneymatters
16-05-09, 16:01
Hi:

smart move, get passive income for the next few months and stand to gain big time when more plans are announced for DTL and Bukit Panjang Town centre. Come 2015, Linear owners who bought the last few remaining units will be laughing their way to the bank. At 520psf for Kenzo/Paul Tange designed project , it is an absolute no brainer.

wreckwrx
16-05-09, 22:42
Hi:

Cool! Another fellow Linear resident-to-be.... :D

ET-68
17-05-09, 09:50
Hi did any of u guys out there bought your unit with tenancy ?...What are the things to look out for....cost developer still can't arrange viewing of my unit even though already exercised OTP.....(alwys gave excuse tenant never pick up phone)....Any advise?

mezzy
07-06-09, 18:11
Hi did any of u guys out there bought your unit with tenancy ?...What are the things to look out for....cost developer still can't arrange viewing of my unit even though already exercised OTP.....(alwys gave excuse tenant never pick up phone)....Any advise?

Few things worth looking out for are:
1 Air Con in good working condition as the units are left vacant for 2 yrs
2 Any cracks outside your unit or inside your rooms
3 Any missing items for example, glass panels in the master bedroom
4 Problem with the flushing system.

Do bear in mind that there is no warranty and any defect will cost money...

Regulators
07-06-09, 21:47
you guys who bought linear wud be glad to know that linear is in the singapore book of records for being the longest condo building, not sure if any new condo has overtaken since

Wolverine77
24-07-09, 00:19
Rubbish condo.

Near to big "Long Kang"...smell very bad everyday.

Noise is really unbearable

Not near to good school

Bloody no view

Jam always

WTF will buy them?

DUMD ppl with no where to spend.

mezzy
26-07-09, 23:07
I opined that your comments are not justified or rather unfair to the residents of Linear. Objectively speaking, the canal is cleaned frequently and if its smelly, I am positive that the issue would have been raised to the concerned authority. As for the congestion outside Linear ie. UBT, I drive along UBT everyday and it doesn't appear to be as bad as what you have mentioned or experienced?

ET-68
27-07-09, 08:37
Beauties are in the eyes of be holder.

Those who bought are genuine buyers (I thinked) who have intentions to hold till 2015 when DTL2 completes. If the prices dun goes up then they will just consider for own stay lor.

dumbass
27-07-09, 10:03
Rubbish condo.

Near to big "Long Kang"...smell very bad everyday.

Noise is really unbearable

Not near to good school

Bloody no view

Jam always

WTF will buy them?

DUMD ppl with no where to spend.

Ya lor ya lor, very "DUMD" leh
Buy Lakeshore even "DUMDER" leh
LH 99 at ULU ZOO LONG still dare to sell 700PSF, wah lau FEO boleh lah
Not near good school
so many bangla
AYE jam always
WTF will buy them
DUMD ppl with money flowing out of their ass cracks

franzmark
27-07-09, 12:47
i do nt like both projects but at least lakeshore looks mre decent n the future jurong business hub n lake district is just minutes away. Apart frm being designd by Kenzo, linear situated where it is now looks mre like sme elongated office building. Such a design is in the wrong locatn thru n thru. Cheap is never a reason to buy a condo. Pty is all about locatn.
Ya lor ya lor, very "DUMD" leh
Buy Lakeshore even "DUMDER" leh
LH 99 at ULU ZOO LONG still dare to sell 700PSF, wah lau FEO boleh lah
Not near good school
so many bangla
AYE jam always
WTF will buy them
DUMD ppl with money flowing out of their ass cracks

wreckwrx
29-07-09, 13:44
i do nt like both projects but at least lakeshore looks mre decent n the future jurong business hub n lake district is just minutes away. Apart frm being designd by Kenzo, linear situated where it is now looks mre like sme elongated office building. Such a design is in the wrong locatn thru n thru. Cheap is never a reason to buy a condo. Pty is all about locatn.

Location matters and prices should reflect this accordingly.... Linear is cheap because it's location.. period.

But it seems that we are currently living in a world whereby non-prime areas are selling at prime prices.

So at the end of the day, I really don't know which one is "madder"... knowingly paying prime prices for non-prime locations or knowingly buying non-prime areas at non-prime pricing? Very confusing hor?? :D

Condorich
29-07-09, 15:04
Location matters and prices should reflect this accordingly.... Linear is cheap because it's location.. period.

But it seems that we are currently living in a world whereby non-prime areas are selling at prime prices.

So at the end of the day, I really don't know which one is "madder"... knowingly paying prime prices for non-prime locations or knowingly buying non-prime areas at non-prime pricing? Very confusing hor?? :D

This kind of pricing only shows that developer expects a lower take up rate and don't mind holding on to units... possibly for their leasing arm. The prices might be reduced later on when the response is not good with the exception of some developers who would not revise the price down.... i.e. FEO so far.. This is also an attempt to get the buyers to exercise their options granted earlier... it is a game plan played by the game masters... They control the prices and they can always ask for the sky... willing seller, willing buyer... who is right?

You will notice that current projects with high asking prices are mainly near MRT projects... not something Linear has or will have... no offence. Tenure is something you don't live long enough to experience. Location matters more than anything... i.e. The Sail... no FH but is very much sought after even at the current pricing. I would say Linear would be very much sought after if placed beside The Sail. Enjoy the Tenure. It really makes no difference to me.

Regulators
30-07-09, 09:43
bro, at the end of the day if you drive ur wrx, anywhere in singapore is near lah... why pay 2000psf for a property in orchard when you can simply drive there from linear in 15 min in ur wrx? Linear might be a good choice for you, but too bad i do not like short condos.....

teddybear
30-07-09, 14:14
You sure you can drive from Linear to Orchard road in 15 mins? :o (I drive from Bukit Timah 6th Ave to Orchard already taking 15 mins or more).

bro, at the end of the day if you drive ur wrx, anywhere in singapore is near lah... why pay 2000psf for a property in orchard when you can simply drive there from linear in 15 min in ur wrx? Linear might be a good choice for you, but too bad i do not like short condos.....