PDA

View Full Version : Alexis @ Alexandra Road (D3, Freehold, Yi Kai Development and Fission Group)

Pages : [1] 2

orange
04-11-08, 00:51
Property Description
300+ units development launching soon in Alexandra.

More information coming up as launch draws nearer.

Please check back often for latest updates.

Please do leave your contact and name in the form below so that we can
inform you of latest updates for this project

Number of Units: 300
Property Tenure: Freehold
Location/Vicinity
http://assetomgt.com/realty/images/stories/alexis/firstmap.jpg

nusnam
07-11-08, 11:12
Hi, sent you a pm, please post updates if possible. Thanks.

Brandon-Huttons-9852 5624
07-11-08, 16:25
SUPER HOT!!
Launching Soon!!

@

Alexandra Road
Looking For?
Walking Distance to Queenstown MRT & YET FREEHOLD???.
Wanting to be??
Mintues to CBD/Orchard/IR within Mins via MRT??
Best of Both Worlds???
Looking for High Rental Yield Yet Affordable Investment Sum @ Prime Location from $7xxk ??
Look no Further as Up & Coming!!!
D.04 ALEXIS
FREEHOLD
http://sg.88dbmedia1.jobsdb.com/sg_UploadFiles/2008/11/07/E92DF2DD-9C21-4C44-B099-F044CA5DA837.jpg

300++ Units

(1 bedroom/ 1+Study / 2 Bedrooms Development )

with

Special Bank Loan (Easy Payment Scheme)

5% Cash + 15% Cash &/or CPF & Nothing till TOP

To Recieve First Hand Information & Floor Plans.

Please Register Interest

via

Sms / Call me @ 9852 5624

or Alternatively

email me @ [email protected]

(With Subject : Alexis @ Alexandra Road )

Developer's Marketing Team

Brandon Huttons

Hotline : +65 9852 5624

Email : [email protected]

www.SGRE.com.sg

Fúck You
07-11-08, 20:34
SUPER HOT!!
Launching Soon!!

www.SGRE.com.sg
Fùck you Brandon!
Why create another Alexis when there is already one?
You are confusing us.
Stupid asshole!

Unreg¡stered
07-11-08, 20:35
Location is good for buying Mercedes-Benz, BMW, etc..
Hee hee! Just kiddin'!

Unregisteredmotherfrakker
09-11-08, 23:22
Fùck you Brandon!
Why create another Alexis when there is already one?
You are confusing us.
Stupid asshole!

****ing ******* motherfrakker, why create another dickhead like you when there are so many around???

Reaming Savior
10-11-08, 08:21
****ing ******* motherfrakker, why create another dickhead like you when there are so many around???
i think you are taking after the schizo Geylang OKT. i don't blame u coz u r such a regular client of OKT's mother.

Expat
10-11-08, 08:21
i think you are taking after the schizo Geylang OKT. i don't blame u coz u r such a regular client of OKT's mother.
i am suffering from depression after Geylang OKT's mother gave my favourite dog STD. She yanked off the condom from my dog and continued the act. How despicable

Unregisteredmotherfrakker
10-11-08, 08:23
i am suffering from depression after Geylang OKT's mother gave my favourite dog STD. She yanked off the condom from my dog and continued the act. How despicable
i think u shud give all our dogs a BJ for being a lousy pimp.

Expat
10-11-08, 08:23
i think u shud give all our dogs a BJ for being a lousy pimp.
Oh ream me, please ream me... I am the silly novena dumbass in multiple disguises again

Unreg¡stered
10-11-08, 08:27

Oh ream me, please ream me... I am the silly novena dumbass in multiple disguises again
Unregisteredmotherfrakker, Reaming Savior and Expat:

You 3 useless shemales!
Fùck off from here!

Arclotus
14-11-08, 01:00
Saw this here http://assetomgt.com/realty/property/projects/Alexis

12-12-08, 14:48
http://sg.88dbmedia1.jobsdb.com/sg_UploadFiles/2008/12/05/140F34BE-2799-4729-93CC-D23F51B595D1.jpg (www.sgre.com.sg)

http://sg.88dbmedia1.jobsdb.com/sg_UploadFiles/2008/12/03/DD95BD74-E198-4E46-A53F-0A1764CEE753.jpg (www.sgre.com.sg)

Arclotus
20-12-08, 03:46
There is a registration here www.alexis.sg

kal
21-12-08, 15:08
who is the developer??

22-01-09, 12:42
Coming soon....

ALEXIS @ 356 Alexandra Road

http://sg.88dbmedia1.jobsdb.com/sg_UploadFiles/2009/01/22/3CCF48E8-3287-4DDA-AD62-2D620793A848.jpg (www.sgre.com.sg)

Freehold - 6/7 Storey Development of 293 units
With Commercial Shops & Spaces
Expected TOP : End 2011 - Early 2012

Sizes
Penthouses 17units (15 units of 3 Bedrooms & 2 Units of 3+Study)

28 Units of 2+Study

57 units of 2 Bedrooms

77 units of 1+Study

114 units of 1 Bedroom (35sqm - 38sqm)

Payment Scheme (Interest Absorption Scheme) :

5% Cash + 15% Cash &/or CPF & nothing till TOP with UOB Bank

Selling Points !!
Walking Distance to Queenstown MRT !!
Walking Distance to IKEA & Anchorpoint !!
Mins to CBD & One-North Via MRT !!
Mins Drive to Orchard & CBD !!
Mins Drive to Marina Bay IR & Sentosa IR !!

Call/sms or email for VIP Preview & 1st Hand Information

Developer's Sales - Alexis Core Team
Brandon Huttons
Hotline : +65 9852 5624
Email : [email protected]
www.SGRE.com.sg

mr funny
04-02-09, 14:45
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/companies/story/0,4574,317226,00.html?

Published February 4, 2009

Frasers Centrepoint previewing Caspian soon

Average price of low to mid-$600 psf and interest absorption expected

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

DEVELOPERS of at least two residential projects will be testing the market with previews soon, offering interest absorption schemes that mimic the old Deferred Payment Scheme (DPS).

First off the mark will be Frasers Centrepoint, which will begin to preview later this week its Caspian condo, a 99-year-leasehold project next to Lakeside MRT Station. The price is expected to be in the 'low to mid-$600 per square foot range' on average, to appeal to HDB upgraders.

Over at the corner of Alexandra Road and Commonwealth Avenue, Yi Kai Development and Fission Group are also expected to begin previews soon for Alexis @ Alexandra, a 293-unit freehold project comprising mostly smallish units of one and two bedders. The average pricing is tipped at above $1,000 psf. One-bedroom apartments will be priced at below $500,000. The development is near Queenstown MRT Station.

Developers of both projects have tied up with United Overseas Bank (UOB) to offer an interest absorption scheme (IAS), which, like the now-scrapped DPS, eases cash flow for buyers, as they do not make any payments beyond an initial downpayment until the project receives the Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP). This is expected to be around 2012 for both projects.

IAS buyers will have to sign up immediately for mortgages with UOB and make a 20 per cent downpayment using cash and CPF savings. UOB will pay progress billings during the projects' construction to the respective developers.

Buyers will not service the principal amount of the loan while the projects are being built, as UOB will defer collection on the principal during this period.

Collection of the interest will not be deferred; however, this will be serviced or absorbed by the developer on behalf of its buyers.

After the project receives TOP, the buyer will have to start servicing both principal and interest.

Property agents say typically, those who buy on IAS pay about 3 per cent more on the purchase price of the property than buyers who make normal progress payments.

This price differential is similar to the 3-5 per cent premium that DPS buyers used to pay compared with purchasers who opted for the normal progress payment scheme.

However, market watchers say the good thing about IAS is that buyers have to secure a housing loan at the outset from the bank, and this entails a mandatory credit-assessment of the buyer. This would weed out poor-quality borrowers dabbling in properties beyond their means, something DPS has been criticised for.

Frasers Centrepoint's Caspian, near Jurong Lake, will have a total of 712 units housed in 11 blocks, all 17 storeys high. Units range from studios to four bedders with study rooms.

The development is next to the group's Lakeholmz condo.

Market watchers note that the low to mid-$600 psf average price said to be targeted by Frasers Centrepoint is lower than the average of about $750 psf at which units in The Lakeshore, a completed development nearby, have been selling at in recent months.

'However, Caspian is a new launch with over 700 units and they have to price it more affordably if they want to attract HDB upgraders and investors in today's recessionary climate,' an analyst said.

paulho77
12-02-09, 16:27
wa..i heard 1st day and 60% SOLD out

propertyguru
12-02-09, 16:32
I expected it to sell well, even though personally I think the price is ridiculous (assuming it's 1000 psf which is what I heard). The problem is that in that area, there aren't many condos (Queens, Anchorage, etc only) and almost none are freehold. You also have a lot of mature upgraders there (plus possibly Gilman Height enbloc sellers). So invariably, any new project like this, especially when it's near the MRT, will sell well.

Perhaps in last year's market, 1000 psf would have been reasonable, but given today's market sentiment, the price seems to have little upside. Also, the floorplans are crazily small. But ah well, the developers are sucking the public dry.

paulho77
12-02-09, 18:21
I expected it to sell well, even though personally I think the price is ridiculous (assuming it's 1000 psf which is what I heard). The problem is that in that area, there aren't many condos (Queens, Anchorage, etc only) and almost none are freehold. You also have a lot of mature upgraders there (plus possibly Gilman Height enbloc sellers). So invariably, any new project like this, especially when it's near the MRT, will sell well.

Perhaps in last year's market, 1000 psf would have been reasonable, but given today's market sentiment, the price seems to have little upside. Also, the floorplans are crazily small. But ah well, the developers are sucking the public dry.

u r rite...suckers rally..hahah..more to drop.

dtrax
12-02-09, 18:33
If its 60% sold, I can only conclude many sg are still cashrich and kiasuism is widespread.. see so many shoes at entrance muz quickly buy before it is snapped out... on a side note, saw on a news that a person in early twenties bot a few units at 1 shot... lol

Petmail
12-02-09, 18:34
wa..i heard 1st day and 60% SOLD out

by this time, its already more than 60% sold..

:)
Pet

dtrax
12-02-09, 18:47
by this time, its already more than 60% sold..

Pet

Lol if its true then the developer muz be laughing his way to the bank. Heard from my frends who went there say worse then fish market in the morning. Personally when I look at the floor plans, layout is very bad and even gd facing ones without noon sun is to the main road and not to mention ripped off pricing

propertyguru
12-02-09, 18:55
There are also supposed to be shops downstairs. Can be good or bad depending on kind of shops I guess. But anyway, I think the 2 BR + 1 study at 6XX sf is nuts. I don't understand how that kind of floorplan can sell but if it's true that Alexis is more than 60% sold in a day, then well, I really hand it over to the developers. To be able to move this number of units at this kind of price in this type of market. Wow.

Petmail
12-02-09, 18:59
Lol if its true then the developer muz be laughing his way to the bank. Heard from my frends who went there say worse then fish market in the morning. Personally when I look at the floor plans, layout is very bad and even gd facing ones without noon sun is to the main road and not to mention ripped off pricing

well... one man's meat is another man's poison...

Pet

Petmail
12-02-09, 21:01
LASTEST UPDATE from my fellow colleague!!!

ALEXIS: 70% sold!!!

scorpchris19
12-02-09, 21:36
how much psf?

blackswan
12-02-09, 21:58
In situation/condition like that as saw in the 10.00pm news, there's bound to be a lot of buyers that buy on impluse or follow the herd mentality, or anxious to snap up one as they are afraid they will be left with none. But by the next moring when these people wake up, I would believe that there will be this sense of fear/guilt/stupidity about their actions today.

But all will be too late...............

By the way, the auntie that was interview in the news is very cool.
That's the kind of mentality we should have when buying properties.
As the older folks used to say, experience comes with age.

SL
12-02-09, 22:08
By the way, the auntie that was interview in the news is very cool.
That's the kind of mentality we should have when buying properties.
As the older folks used to say, experience comes with age.

I missed that.. what did she say?

propertyguru
12-02-09, 22:43
Yeah, could someone update us on what was said on the 10 pm news? Thanks!

Petmail
12-02-09, 22:46
If my information is accurate, latest update should be close to....

90% SOLD!!!

and there are still buyer in the showflat right at this moment when I am typing this at home...

Pet

Petmail
12-02-09, 22:52
heard she was actually the same buyer who attempted at least more than 5 selections to buy some units... took her time to chose unit by unit and ended up all her choice units were snapped up by other buyers. in the end fed up dun wanna buy... lolz...

Dun know if its really true.. but i did heard from my fellow colleagues that most buyers did had to chose units over and over again in order to buy...

Pet

SL
12-02-09, 22:55
If my information is accurate, latest update should be close to....

90% SOLD!!!

and there are still buyer in the showflat right at this moment when I am typing this at home...

Pet

Like that tomorrow can start to flip?

nusnam
12-02-09, 23:00
i was reviewing the floorplans that were released earlier this week and it looked like an investment development than one for individual stay. There was not a single unit with a yard or storage and all of them are so congested. Quite disappointing i must say but good to know that there are still buyers in this period of uncertainty.

gfoo
12-02-09, 23:07
these developments are selling simply because of great marketing.

send an army of agents out there, multiple emails, ads, SMSs, etc etc. the number of marketing touch points i have gotten since last week on Alexis is simply mindboggling

bring a herd of people into the showrooms to have that rock concert sentiment and excitement

with such huge numbers going into the showrooms, even at low conversion rates, sure got people buy

like the saying - there's one born every day

Petmail
12-02-09, 23:11
Like that tomorrow can start to flip?

cannot.. cos not exercise S&P and stamp duty not paid...

Pet

Petmail
12-02-09, 23:19
these developments are selling simply because of great marketing.

send an army of agents out there, multiple emails, ads, SMSs, etc etc. the number of marketing touch points i have gotten since last week on Alexis is simply mindboggling

bring a herd of people into the showrooms to have that rock concert sentiment and excitement

with such huge numbers going into the showrooms, even at low conversion rates, sure got people buy

like the saying - there's one born every day

bro.. this morning all cheque collected before Alexis was launched was safekept by developer till the ballotting @ 5pm. cheque submission for consideration on ballotting was cut off @ 2pm with subsequent First Come First Served. meanig to say at least 40-50% of the sale was actually close before today's launch and some of the buyers were there to collect OTP... you need the buyers' interest before these deals to be closed. meanwhile after so many days of cheque submission, buyers who regretted could have withdrawn the cheque but they did not and this gives you a signal that they know on basis on most negative factors in current market situation, this project is definitely a must buy best buy! of course it does take two hands to clap as well.

Pet

propertyguru
12-02-09, 23:23
bro.. this morning all cheque collected before Alexis was launched was safekept by developer till the ballotting @ 5pm. cheque submission for consideration on ballotting was cut off @ 2pm with subsequent First Come First Served. meanig to say at least 40-50% of the sale was actually close before today's launch and some of the buyers were there to collect OTP... you need the buyers' interest before these deals to be closed. meanwhile after so many days of cheque submission, buyers who regretted could have withdrawn the cheque but they did not and this gives you a signal that they know on basis on most negative factors in current market situation, this project is definitely a must buy best buy! of course it does take two hands to clap as well.

Pet

I think most of those commenting appear to think that Alexis is overpriced (assuming at 1000 psf). Your comments seem to suggest that you disagree, so I am quite curious as to your views of the development? Unless it's inconvenient, in which case it's alright.

gfoo
12-02-09, 23:26

Pet

well said, and i do believe you. which brings me to troubling conclusions.

Funds are disposing at 10% off developer's price
Luxury market has dropped 35% off highs at least
Smattering of apartments are already selling at 10% off developer's price
dozens of '08 launched projects remain unsold
analysts say further 20-40% fall, economy is worseningYET

Caspian 80% sold at 600psf for a 99 yr
Alexis 70% sold at 1000psfWHY?
Gurus and lau chiaos - pls advise

august
12-02-09, 23:34
YET

my guess is both caspian & alexis the $ quantum is not big..
caspian psf is lowest, whereas alexis psf high but unit size small, so both work out to far less than $1m.

for most hdb upgraders 1m is a psychological barrier..

me no guru though :)

Petmail
12-02-09, 23:58
I think most of those commenting appear to think that Alexis is overpriced (assuming at 1000 psf). Your comments seem to suggest that you disagree, so I am quite curious as to your views of the development? Unless it's inconvenient, in which case it's alright.

simple..

1) anything within 500m of mrt are generally 99yrs. Alexis FH!
2) Price for unit within the above range are easily or at least 20-30% higher most other location within same district.
3) Capital appreciation are also generally faster than those out of above range.
4) Commercial/Residential Land are generally much more valuable than sole residential land due to the commercial value combining the popularity of the area. this is yet to take consideration that other commercial retail building around the areas as well.
5) the site is located in one of the most sought after location in the entire singapore other than the prime districts due to the pricing. convenincy has not been elaborated yet...
6) potential upside of further of future development to the entire area around theis project.
7) jan 2009 transaction 3rm hdb - blk 50 & 56 built year 1968 $560k & $530k rspectively.
8) Nov 2008 - Jan 2009 transaction for 3rm hdb - blk 163-blk 171 built 1970-1971 between $238k-$330k.
9) meiling street market asking price for most units going @ avg $300k
#7-#9 against Alexis start price was relatively well cushioned by the hdb estate units by launching from unexpected price from $420k onwards!!!
9) effectively utilisation of space without compromising the facade of the entire project (do remember that all units i Alexis do not comes with the much hatred household shelter like other projects in singapore)
10) state-of-art design & technology even on the kitchen fittings with integration of kitchen appliances (Fully equipped kitchen)
11) First & only project that come with decoration of swarvoski crystal on some of the fittings. this is the one and only unique project available in singapore. you definitely will not find them available in other project that comes fitted originally from developers. effective facilities including singapore longest fh condo sky pool.

with all these bits & pieces of small & minor cum mostly well ignored facts.. what other projects can be comparative? Only one in singapore and that is in ALEXIS!!! Look at it in this way.. this project had already sold itself to the public many months back before we as agent had even got the chance to have any sneak preview on the building design or even floorplans only till lately!!!

These are my personally research and analysis on this projects and anybody who cares to share their views will be most welcome!!!

Pet

august
13-02-09, 00:07
I feel Alexis is more like a hotel development haha :p

Petmail
13-02-09, 00:29
well said, and i do believe you. which brings me to troubling conclusions.

Funds are disposing at 10% off developer's price
Luxury market has dropped 35% off highs at least
Smattering of apartments are already selling at 10% off developer's price
dozens of '08 launched projects remain unsold
analysts say further 20-40% fall, economy is worseningYET

bro, like i had always shared with you.. new launches are priced at future when market upward adjustment factor in together with inflation rates in consider over the number of years during construction.

When developers launches they project well priced, there will be very likely no further room for negotiation in pricing. only those launches that were price right but somehow due to unforeseen or drastic circumstances, it was deems as not well priced and had the need for readjustment in terms of pricing.

in yester years, new launches were benchedmark using resale units. but recent years it was already vice versa which resale sellers are adjusting the pricing of their property basing of new launch prices.

one off cases with individual panick selling are always happening.. in bad times people wont buy cos they said "sure will drop further!!! wait somemore". in good times.. people will not buy again as they mention "cannot be!!! where got so good deal sell so cheap??? something is definitely wrong with this unit!!!"

there is always a low, median & high in all properties. when priced right will always be in median ranges. over demand will result in high transaction price. low transaction price are happening in cases where owners are lacking of confident in their properties and happens in extremely small percentage for fear of not being able to sell in case something bad does really happens. yet most cases you realise no matter how it drops.. 20%, 30% or even 40%, the price will always remains well within the gauge of the median. developers due to biz have their individual surveyors and consultants before the pricing while owner usually do not have such luxurious abilities of engaing professional thus doing their own individual & personal analysis leading and eventually resulting in the extreme side either way.

analyst from papers who claims to be really professional enough coincidently to be an employee of corporate and not one of the top & most succcessful businessman. sadly.. if they would be a really top top & successful businessman, do you think they will have the time or even be bothered to share what they think with you??? most of them would rather choose to quietly close in on the deal they are eyeing on basis of their conclusion. why would the top man in uob bothers to enter the market late last year to grab easily 3 super high end properties during the uncertainties regardless if US banking & finance sectors are in troubles? do you not think they have their own insider news about possible collaspe fo those few mega banks?

these are the 2% of the entire world population who continues to make it big and hit it rich while the rest of the 98% in the entire world are overly concerned with either saving a little more ending up paying more or worrying about earning that bit of more profit ending up losing more.. sadly but truely... most of us belongs to this group of 98%... so ask yourself what would you be? are you the 2% or the 98%? if you think you are the 2%, why did you the same as these people? put yourself into these people's shoe and ask yourself if you will be willing to share with the public your thoughts about market if you are one of the top business man or would you choose to keep quiet earning by entering and/or leaving the market while the 98% are still hanging over uncertainty over it will rise or drops further... if me.. I rather quiet close the transactions and laungh all the way to the banks rather than crying over the public reacting resulting in burst deals..

Just my 3 humble milicents though...

Pet

Petmail
13-02-09, 00:31
I feel Alexis is more like a hotel development haha :p

if alexis hotel then grading by stb sure 6* type of hotel due to the facilities and retail while queens no matter how good max 4-5* only... lolz

Pet

Petmail
13-02-09, 00:41
I missed out something... very IMPORTANT!!!

its an extremely good news to all of you buyers that the bad times is now here or is it a good news instead???

bad news for developers mean they make lean profits and they also translate that only bad news for developers that you can have extremely good opportunities to buy at such price...

if today's market is booming.. would you have bought??? I am very sure most of you will not buy at all!!! WHY? cos very simple.. most of you would have seem the units being priced out of range to you or most of you will be too busy chasing after the price which you called as good price! end up your good price may eventually be high price to you and out of afforable range beyond reach.. you end up getting too tired of it and thus never get to buy anything at all... so is it a good new to you now in this case then?

home-run
13-02-09, 07:58
LATEST UPDATES ON ALEXIS,

MORE THAN 75-80% SOLD ON DAY 1 OF PREVIEW LAUNCH!!!:cheers6:
UNBELIEVABLE!~~~

Ok, for u folks out there who missed out on the Day 1 preview yesterday as the showflat was damn packed to the brim the entire day, I 'll be able to help u guys out by doing a non-obligatory presentation TODAY, TML & SUNDAY by appointment @ Anchor Point where there is place to sit and discuss. If u are keen after the non-obligatory presentation, we can then proceed to the showflat for one last viewing before u commit into Alexis. This is way better than squeezing in the showflat.

Pls contact me @ 81835132 for more info.
LATEST PRICE LIST, AVAIL INVENTORY & FLOOR & SITE PLANS ALL IN HAND!!!
I'm a WALKING MOBILE SHOWFLAT :spliff:
Alexis is expected to be SOLD OUT SOONER THAN U EXPECTED so if u are really keen, hurry down.
Personally, take-up rate is really shocking and amazing in this times.
No worries, there are still good units avail in Alexis so don't wait too long ~~

Enjoy the pictures

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Alexis/Alexis01.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Alexis/Alexis09.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Alexis/Alexis10.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Alexis/Alexis00.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Alexis/Alexis11.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Alexis/Alexis12.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Alexis/Alexis13.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Alexis/Alexis14.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Alexis/Alexis15.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Alexis/Alexis17.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Alexis/Alexis18.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Alexis/Alexis19.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Alexis/Alexis20.jpg

blackswan
13-02-09, 08:55
i was reviewing the floorplans that were released earlier this week and it looked like an investment development than one for individual stay. There was not a single unit with a yard or storage and all of them are so congested. Quite disappointing i must say but good to know that there are still buyers in this period of uncertainty.

There is one project that dun have yard and storage but dun have to go and squeeze like fish market to view, and in very desirable location too (IMHO though). The project is Parc Sophia just behind The Old School at Dobby Ghaut. Personally its a much better place to be in (2 cents worth).

propertyguru
13-02-09, 09:10
There is one project that dun have yard and storage but dun have to go and squeeze like fish market to view, and in very desirable location too (IMHO though). The project is Parc Sophia just behind The Old School at Dobby Ghaut. Personally its a much better place to be in (2 cents worth).

Parc Sophia is about 1200psf isn't it? That's 20% more expensive, though admittedly the location is also better.

proud owner
13-02-09, 09:33
Parc Sophia is about 1200psf isn't it? That's 20% more expensive, though admittedly the location is also better.

personally if i HAVE to buy now ..Alexis will be better than Parc sophia ...

reason :

Alexis is FH (Anchorage as well ..the rest 99yr)
near MRT
near town
yet have cheap HDB stuffs across the road (dawson )and around it (sterling, meiling,ABC mkt, AV, QS shopping centre) ..

Sophia
if you drive ...you almost always have to go one direction for a long while before you can find a turn to get back into town ...

propertyguru
13-02-09, 09:38

reason :

near MRT
near town
yet have cheap HDB stuffs across the road (dawson )and around it (sterling, meiling,ABC mkt, AV, QS shopping centre) ..

Sophia
if you drive ...you almost always have to go one direction for a long while before you can find a turn to get back into town ...

Hmm, would disagree with you regarding cheap stuff. Little India just down the road, so plenty of cheap food/stuff, and there's also Peace Centre, Sim Lim Square, etc all within walking distance. So in that area would be on par. But have to agree with you that driving might be a problem. Area is frequently congested, not to mention have to pay ERP when going home and coming out haha.

SL
13-02-09, 11:47

Pet

Pet, I really like the way you rev up the market sentiment.. I wish you work for my company to help rev up the sales so stop more heads from rolling. Refering to those mark in red in your quote.. I'm glad I did not believe in those countless sms/letter/emails that were sent to me saying I'm the VVIP. I asked a Hutton fellow who told me VVIP viewing on Feb-12, why some people I know of seemed to have viewed the unit and he denied my observations. He insisted that I'm VVIP and I will get the best of the best :tongue3:

Sure this condo is "must buy best buy"..

Please come and get hired in my company.;)

blackswan
13-02-09, 12:00

Think its near or at 1000 psf now.

nav14
13-02-09, 12:05
I would never pay $1100psf for any project in that location with shops at ground level. If it is a proper condo I will consider but maybe around 950 - 1000psf based on current sentiment. For this kind of price I would have been better off buying Newton Edge for eg.

Sold well because of aggressive marketing and the small sized units which means low outlay. Marketing started a long time ago.

blackswan
13-02-09, 12:08

reason :

near MRT
near town

Sophia

In addition to what's mention on the avaliability of cheap food, Bugis is very near too. Lots of cheap food there.

But most importnatly, rental no problem. SMU is there, Lasalle SIA is there NAFA is there, plus the under construction School of the Arts is just in front.

The reason why I like there is cos next time I dun have to drive. Bus straight is Suntec/Marina. Walk another direction Sim Lim/Bugis. Walk backwards Dobby Ghuat/Orchard. Lots of bus in front of the Atrium too.

Last but not least, MAIN point is.......Dobby Ghuat is the interchange for 3 MRT lines, can go anywhere you want conveniently.

mr funny
13-02-09, 12:43
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,318902,00.html?

Published February 13, 2009

Alexis at Alexandra pulls in the punters

By LIEW AIQING

PREVIEW sales of the 293-unit Alexis at Alexandra Road started yesterday and developer Fission Group said that at least 50 per cent of the development has been sold at prices ranging from $850 per square foot (psf) to $1,100 psf.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-02-13/BT_IMAGES_AQALEXIS13.jpg
Keen interest: A seasoned property consultant said that interest in Alexis is likely because most of the units are small and prices range from $450,000 to $650,000

The company was coy on the exact number of units sold but it may have been a tad too modest. Some buyers BT spoke with at the crowded show flat said that they were told by marketing agents that up to 85 per cent of the units had been sold by 7.30 pm.

'The prices are competitive compared with other condominiums, but its proximity to the MRT and CBD makes the Alexis a good investment,' said Steven Kwok, a potential buyer who had been quoted a price of $1,050-$1,100 psf.

Another buyer said that compared to the recently launched Caspian ($580 psf), Alexis is not cheap but he hopes to resell the property for a profit. He also said that compared to what was quoted in an invitation he had received earlier, prices quoted at the showflat were 10 per cent higher.

According to official data, three units at The Anchorage next door sold at $848-$929 psf in the fourth quarter while a unit at Queens on Stirling Road sold for $894 psf this month.

Fission Group has tied up with United Overseas Bank to offer an interest absorption scheme, which, like the now-scrapped deferred payment scheme, allows buyers to defer any payments beyond an initial downpayment until the project receives Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP).

Alexis is being built on the former Alexandra Centre which was put up for collective sale in 2007 for around $300 per square per plot ratio. It is not known how much Fission Group paid for the site.

A seasoned property consultant said that interest in Alexis is likely because most of the units are small. At between 400 sq ft for a one-bedroom unit and 650 sq ft for a two-bedder, prices range from $450,000 to $650,000.

He also said that there was 'still liquidity in the market' and investors with a two-year investment horizon would still find property attractive. 'There is no point putting money in a bank,' he added.

Over on the east coast, City Developments Ltd (CDL) will launch a new phase for its Livia condominium in Pasir Ris at an average price of $620 psf, or about $30 psf less than the launch price of the first phase. A total of 30 units in two stacks will be offered in the second phase.

Chia Ngiang Hong, group general manager of CDL said: 'The company senses a renewal of market interest and improvement in buyer sentiment. More people have been visiting our showrooms, and many have made offers for units that have yet to be launched.'

august
13-02-09, 12:59
friend just told me his agent called and say left 40 plus units lol

congrats to developer for overwhelming success! :cheers6:

cher
13-02-09, 13:53
my guess is both caspian & alexis the $ quantum is not big..
caspian psf is lowest, whereas alexis psf high but unit size small, so both work out to far less than $1m.

for most hdb upgraders 1m is a psychological barrier..

me no guru though :)

Can compare caspian to alexis lah, one is 99 the other is freehold, one is in Jurong one is near town? Is like comparing macdonald to a restuarant selling hamburgers.

Petmail
14-02-09, 01:00
Pet, I really like the way you rev up the market sentiment.. I wish you work for my company to help rev up the sales so stop more heads from rolling. Refering to those mark in red in your quote.. I'm glad I did not believe in those countless sms/letter/emails that were sent to me saying I'm the VVIP. I asked a Hutton fellow who told me VVIP viewing on Feb-12, why some people I know of seemed to have viewed the unit and he denied my observations. He insisted that I'm VVIP and I will get the best of the best :tongue3:

Please come and get hired in my company.;)

Hi SL,

You seriously wanna offer me a job ah? I not cheap one leh.... hehe... but but but.. can i still do real estate for part time in that case? will i get sack for moonlighting? lolz

Pet

Petmail
14-02-09, 01:02
In addition to what's mention on the avaliability of cheap food, Bugis is very near too. Lots of cheap food there.

But most importnatly, rental no problem. SMU is there, Lasalle SIA is there NAFA is there, plus the under construction School of the Arts is just in front.

The reason why I like there is cos next time I dun have to drive. Bus straight is Suntec/Marina. Walk another direction Sim Lim/Bugis. Walk backwards Dobby Ghuat/Orchard. Lots of bus in front of the Atrium too.

Last but not least, MAIN point is.......Dobby Ghuat is the interchange for 3 MRT lines, can go anywhere you want conveniently.

Okie bro.. support me buy parc sophia then... steady?

Pet

Petmail
14-02-09, 01:09
ALEXIS LATEST UPDATE!!!

LAST
UNITS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!

*Accurate as to 1am when I left the showflat!*

Petmail
14-02-09, 01:14
I would never pay $1100psf for any project in that location with shops at ground level. If it is a proper condo I will consider but maybe around 950 - 1000psf based on current sentiment. For this kind of price I would have been better off buying Newton Edge for eg.

Sold well because of aggressive marketing and the small sized units which means low outlay. Marketing started a long time ago.

Okie bro.. you support me buy newton edge too... steady?

Pet

vin002
14-02-09, 13:39
I would only say Alexsis is a good buy for rental investment. For home stay, how many of you have stayed in a <650 sqft house?

But for rental investment, it is based on at least rental $3,300 per month. This may not be a substainable figure in current climate.

Near MRT? How many of you have walked to the station? Look like a 2 bus-stop away distant if you really walk. So how do you define near?

One side is facing West sun and the the other side is facing the road (noisy). The worst is the stack nearest to the MRT track. Is this something that most will consider for home stay? Actually, I forsee the worst to be those units below th pool. Not only affected by road noise, if below the motor-room, it will be even more noisy. For long run, I wonder how good will their water proofing of the pool be...

The only attractive part is the price (Total purchase price - not psf) and freehold.

Many buyers rush to buy based on the low total price, therefore, very few really go into details of the west sun, road noise, walking distant to MRT, actual size, etc.

So for stay or investment? Your view?

gfoo
14-02-09, 15:03
i just went to view a 1000sq ft 1 bedrm penthouse at another project and found that unlivable.

A 300sqft alexis is ridiculous, abt as big as a hotel81 room. Those who bought this at 1000psf - even if for pure rental - good luck to you.

Kenshinto80
14-02-09, 15:34
i just went to view a 1000sq ft 1 bedrm penthouse at another project and found that unlivable.

A 300sqft alexis is ridiculous, abt as big as a hotel81 room. Those who bought this at 1000psf - even if for pure rental - good luck to you.

Well said gfoo, I simply cannot believe it. I guess most bought it to try to get good rental returns from it. Otherwise, for long term family stay, this project is a big NO NO.

gfoo
14-02-09, 16:50
You're being optimistic abt rentals. A 635sqft umfurnished loft at Central clarke quay is going for 2800. Alexis is in hdbland and much further out fr city center. At so cramped, rentals maybe say $1200 at best. That's 2% yield. This fr start is a negative yielding project.

Put another way say i get long term stay at panpac under corporate lease. Still more worth it than alexis after inputing taxes and utilities.

gfoo
14-02-09, 18:34
since i quite chor boh today, i'm going to start another 'think aloud' session.

let's look at rental yields. we know that the benchmark yield for Singapore is about 4-6%. let's take 5% yield which is more or less in-line with inflation.
Thus a $2000 rental equates to a $480,000 property. Let's do a list, with the corresponding property rentals at today's prices (Feb 09)

$2000 - $480k (ICON, studio, 550sqft)
$2500 - $600k (The Sail, studio, 657sqft)
$3000 - $720k (Central@SOHO, loft, 645sqft)
$3500 - $840k (Sanct Green, 3bdrm, 1711sqft)
$4000 - $960k (Caribbean, 3bdrm, 1647sqft, low floor)
$4500 - $1.08m (Carribbean, 3bdrm, 1340sqft, high flr, really great view)

All these properties were launched more or less during the last bottom, about 2003. Other than Sanctuary Green, all are near MRT.

If you look at the 5% yield formula, you will find that those are freakingly almost exactly the launch price of those properties in 2003/4. And they are fetching about 5% rental yield now.

Thus for the Alexis at $480k, you will need a monthly rental income of $2000 to get 5% yield. Do you think one can rent a 3xx sq ft apartment at $2000 in 3 years time when TOP?

$2000 p.m. to rent a unit facing either west sun or traffic, not really close to town, large enough only to fit 2 pax shoulder to shoulder, no dining area, no study, no kitchen, no real living room.

in 2007, $2000 pm maybe can pray. Today's prices, I give it maybe $1200. Max maybe $1500pm for that rich sucker out there.

But even if i take $1500pm, then the value of that Alexis unit is $360,000.

All of the above assumes that we have already hit the bottom, and that the economy will at least stay the same till Alexis TOP in 2012. Do you really think so?

I think singaporeans are still not yet in recession mindset. things are only going to get worse

august
14-02-09, 18:35

like i said earlier its like a hotel development ~ :o

Petmail
14-02-09, 20:58
You're being optimistic abt rentals. A 635sqft umfurnished loft at Central clarke quay is going for 2800. Alexis is in hdbland and much further out fr city center. At so cramped, rentals maybe say $1200 at best. That's 2% yield. This fr start is a negative yielding project.

Put another way say i get long term stay at panpac under corporate lease. Still more worth it than alexis after inputing taxes and utilities.

Bro, honestly.. hotel 81 room got such a big space meh? suites type you mean... in that case you calculate how much it cost you a month then. say normal rooms: $49/nite x 30 nites = $1470/mth. then if same size of Alexis will be the Hotel81 Suites then $80/nite x 30 nites = $2400/mth!!! Alexis if $450k, 100% loan then monthly instalment: $1957/mth!!! you get to cook and eat in Alexis while hotel81 does not allows cooking at all. end of the day, do we get to own hotel81? :tsk-tsk:

Rental wise, if Alexis with facilities only $1200/mth then how much a hdb in Meiling, Stirling, Queenstown, Commonwealth without facilities should cost? may be $500/mth? :tsk-tsk:

Then maybe maintenance for Alexis also be charging more rather than $50/mth since with facilities and a hdb avg already charging $45/mth. :tsk-tsk:

Pet

gfoo
14-02-09, 21:22
pwah you know hotel81 size and rates quite well ah .:D

Petmail
14-02-09, 21:35
since i quite chor boh today, i'm going to start another 'think aloud' session.

let's look at rental yields. we know that the benchmark yield for Singapore is about 4-6%. let's take 5% yield which is more or less in-line with inflation.
Thus a $2000 rental equates to a $480,000 property. Let's do a list, with the corresponding property rentals at today's prices (Feb 09)

$2000 - $480k (ICON, studio, 550sqft)
$2500 - $600k (The Sail, studio, 657sqft)
$3000 - $720k (Central@SOHO, loft, 645sqft)
$3500 - $840k (Sanct Green, 3bdrm, 1711sqft)
$4000 - $960k (Caribbean, 3bdrm, 1647sqft, low floor)
$4500 - $1.08m (Carribbean, 3bdrm, 1340sqft, high flr, really great view)

All these properties were launched more or less during the last bottom, about 2003. Other than Sanctuary Green, all are near MRT.

If you look at the 5% yield formula, you will find that those are freakingly almost exactly the launch price of those properties in 2003/4. And they are fetching about 5% rental yield now.

Thus for the Alexis at $480k, you will need a monthly rental income of $2000 to get 5% yield. Do you think one can rent a 3xx sq ft apartment at $2000 in 3 years time when TOP?

$2000 p.m. to rent a unit facing either west sun or traffic, not really close to town, large enough only to fit 2 pax shoulder to shoulder, no dining area, no study, no kitchen, no real living room.

in 2007, $2000 pm maybe can pray. Today's prices, I give it maybe $1200. Max maybe $1500pm for that rich sucker out there.

But even if i take $1500pm, then the value of that Alexis unit is $360,000.

All of the above assumes that we have already hit the bottom, and that the economy will at least stay the same till Alexis TOP in 2012. Do you really think so?

I think singaporeans are still not yet in recession mindset. things are only going to get worse

eh.. i personally dun think anybody will ever knows when and where's the bottom unless we are god.. you are making comparison of the rental yield between TOP projects against projects under construction which is totally not fair to be honest, the projects that you have listed with rental indication are those that got hit by the credit crunch during the last 6mths. to be fair also, have you also considered those average rental that was secured during economic slow down period in may-septembe before lehmann bros case? Please refer to the following remarks in RED which is in line with the URA Records of at least 10 transactions in Qtr4/2008.

$4000/mth(10%) $2000 - $480k (ICON, studio, 550sqft)
$4500/mth(9%) $2500 - $600k (The Sail, studio, 657sqft)
$6500/mth(9%) $3500 - $840k (Sanct Green, 3bdrm, 1711sqft)
$8500/mth(10%) $4000 - $960k (Caribbean, 3bdrm, 1647sqft, low floor)
$8500/mth(9%) $4500 - $1.08m (Carribbean, 3bdrm, 1340sqft, high flr, really great view)

Cheers!
Pet

Petmail
14-02-09, 21:41
pwah you know hotel81 size and rates quite well ah .:D

Of course!!! I used to check in there with my group of friends to watch soccer during wcup or euro... somemore book the entire period when there's matches going on... then also my indian biz associate who came singapore when cannot get other better hotel I will get them to check into hotel81 mah..

Pet

gfoo
14-02-09, 21:50
eh.. i personally dun think anybody will ever knows when and where's the bottom unless we are god.. you are making comparison of the rental yield between TOP projects against projects under construction which is totally not fair to be honest, the projects that you have listed with rental indication are those that got hit by the credit crunch during the last 6mths. to be fair also, have you also considered those average rental that was secured during economic slow down period in may-septembe before lehmann bros case? Please refer to the following remarks in RED which is in line with the URA Records of at least 10 transactions in Qtr4/2008.

$4000/mth(10%) $2000 - $480k (ICON, studio, 550sqft)
$4500/mth(9%) $2500 - $600k (The Sail, studio, 657sqft)
$6500/mth(9%) $3500 - $840k (Sanct Green, 3bdrm, 1711sqft)
$8500/mth(10%) $4000 - $960k (Caribbean, 3bdrm, 1647sqft, low floor)
$8500/mth(9%) $4500 - $1.08m (Carribbean, 3bdrm, 1340sqft, high flr, really great view)

Cheers!
Pet
unfortunately i cannot benchmark to Q4 URA. back then GDP growth was -2% to +1%. now it's -5% to -2.5% growth. they are worlds apart.

the above rentals i gave are accurate - look in paper/propguru, call, lowball, and those are final offers (coz i'll probably be renting before i buy a replacement home). It's true it is hard to predict how much Alexis can fetch when it's TOP - it may be higher, it may be lower.

But last time when people were buying ICON etc etc, its pricing was based on 5% yield on rentals then, not 3 years later. and back then, i was renting a 3 room at opposite united square for $1500. a year back, i was renting a 2 room at signature park at $1200.

that is how much rentals has risen crazily today. and i suspect, that is how much rentals will plunge accordingly.

rental yields will dictate property prices in the quarters to come, and not the other way around. look into the market and newspapers - there is big trouble in the rental market right now

I'm terribly sorry to say all this and i don't mean to affect your business. but anyways, isn't Alexis already close to 90% sold? in any case this is a closed forum, the public can't see easily, and i am a nobody so whatever i say cannot move markets

Petmail
14-02-09, 21:59
unfortunately i cannot benchmark to Q4 URA. back then GDP growth was -2% to +1%. now it's -5% to -2.5% growth. they are worlds apart.

the above rentals i gave are accurate - look in paper/propguru, call, lowball, and those are final offers (coz i'll probably be renting before i buy a replacement home). It's true it is hard to predict how much Alexis can fetch when it's TOP - it may be higher, it may be lower.

But last time when people were buying ICON etc etc, its pricing was based on 5% yield on rentals then, not 3 years later. and back then, i was renting a 3 room at opposite united square for $1500. a year back, i was renting a 2 room at signature park at $1200.

that is how much rentals has risen crazily today. and i suspect, that is how much rentals will plunge accordingly.

rental yields will dictate property prices in the quarters to come, and not the other way around. look into the market and newspapers - there is big trouble in the rental market right now

I'm terribly sorry to say all this and i don't mean to affect your business. but anyways, isn't Alexis already close to 90% sold? in any case this is a closed forum, the public can't see easily, and i am a nobody so whatever i say cannot move markets

when comparison have to be fair and needs to take average and not to take lowest mah... later even you call down the rental market jialat for the owner in the listed projects also leh... you also need to see what is the rental market for hdb, and the cost of living, location, etc...

Anyway, doesn't affect Alexis at all... as ALEXIS is....

FULLY SOLD!!!!!

Pet

gfoo
14-02-09, 22:11
One thing i really like about Huttons - you guys are great marketers and you know how to get developers to price better than the big boys. Well done!

These launches at caspian, alexis, etc - they all do well to soak up spare liquidity in the market.

Thus existing owners etc that continue to price at 2007/2008 levels - how in the world are you guys gonna compete?

Petmail
14-02-09, 22:26
One thing i really like about Huttons - you guys are great marketers and you know how to get developers to price better than the big boys. Well done!

These launches at caspian, alexis, etc - they all do well to soak up spare liquidity in the market.

Thus existing owners etc that continue to price at 2007/2008 levels - how in the world are you guys gonna compete?

no lah... I would say its still the market confidence in sg property market that results in the Complete Sold Out in Alexis during such a difficult situation like now. by the way, my news also delayed telecast... before 5pm Alexis was complete empty liao...

Pet

taisan
14-02-09, 22:38
Hi Pet,

May I know in this sold out case of Alexis, meaning that the development of the project will started asap and won't delay as the planned TOP date is year 2013?

Many Thanks.

home-run
14-02-09, 22:41
most likely so..no point keeping showroom since 100% sold out already.

Petmail
14-02-09, 22:54
Hi Pet,

May I know in this sold out case of Alexis, meaning that the development of the project will started asap and won't delay as the planned TOP date is year 2013?

Many Thanks.

I believe the earliest start work may only be by next quarter only... Developer will wanna completes the project asap otherwise they will not get a single cent out from this project as well.

Pet

taisan
14-02-09, 23:16
Hi Thanks for the info.

Just a share my opinion. I am not a singaporean but Malaysian. Just to share that even there is a lot of land in KL, the property price are going higher and higher. So i am thinking that singapore has limited land like HK and TW (i have been staying these 2 places for short period), the price of SG condo not even catch up with them yet!!! So there is still room to grow.

Of course globally affected by economy recession and sg wont be the exceptional one. But property is always the long run investment either for home stay or investment. :)

Petmail
14-02-09, 23:22
Hi Thanks for the info.

Just a share my opinion. I am not a singaporean but Malaysian. Just to share that even there is a lot of land in KL, the property price are going higher and higher. So i am thinking that singapore has limited land like HK and TW (i have been staying these 2 places for short period), the price of SG condo not even catch up with them yet!!! So there is still room to grow.

Of course globally affected by economy recession and sg wont be the exceptional one. But property is always the long run investment either for home stay or investment. :)

you are right about the property prices in sg... the prices here in comparison to most other countries are relatively peanuts to the people there.. those who have stayed some years in some of the major cities with high density and population will get used to the size and price while most of us who have not do so will never be able to get used to it...

Pet

Geylang OKT
15-02-09, 07:37
What happens if the flippers cannot find suckers to offload to? :D

jsh
15-02-09, 10:40
What happens if the flippers cannot find suckers to offload to? :D

I dont believe that anyone is buying just to flip in today's property market. If you do, then you are either suicidal or plain stupid.

I believe that people who buy are either investors or specu-vestors. or else they are buying for own stay. Remember they must be able to obtain financing first before they can commit. No more DPS lah in case you dont know.

SL
15-02-09, 14:27
I dont believe that anyone is buying just to flip in today's property market. If you do, then you are either suicidal or plain stupid.

There will be flippers on the market soon.. watch for them coming.

isaaclim
15-02-09, 15:02
100% sold... Let's see...

It think it will be the same old story for a project in west. 100% within few days. But later on more then 15% units returned.

zeq
15-02-09, 17:23
Something fishy is going on. So the deferred payment is like DPS?
That means they haven't loan 80% from the bank?
If the sales are meant for reselling, there will be more shows to watch.
I have started to see the effect of this recession.
At the current prices of the property prices, it is very difficult for families to support. Amazing they can buy a condo at times like this. LOL
I am amazed if the local banks supported this kind of deals.
It also means they have not learnt their lessons from sub-prime.
We are going to a big sub-prime problem sooner or later.
If the prices don't get adjusted, things will get very serious one day.
Both places are lousy buys. Not a bargain.

vin002
15-02-09, 18:37
Something fishy is going on. So the deferred payment is like DPS?
That means they haven't loan 80% from the bank?
If the sales are meant for reselling, there will be more shows to watch.
I have started to see the effect of this recession.
At the current prices of the property prices, it is very difficult for families to support. Amazing they can buy a condo at times like this. LOL
I am amazed if the local banks supported this kind of deals.
It also means they have not learnt their lessons from sub-prime.
We are going to a big sub-prime problem sooner or later.
If the prices don't get adjusted, things will get very serious one day.
Both places are lousy buys. Not a bargain.

No more DPS, this is interest absorption. Meaning a loan must have been approved. So nothing fishy. The only thing is that I do know know if there are any penalty in early loan redemption. Meaning during the purchase till top, if you sell, will there be any additional cost for not taking up the loan?

Geylang OKT
15-02-09, 19:41
Well, I do hope properties will do well. I do own some :D

taisan
15-02-09, 20:15
I think do ned to to pay the penalty as it might consider you clear out the loan earlier. For thi sproject i think you wil get penalty if you settle it within 2 or 3 yrs.. also, the bank start paying the $$$ to developer based on the progress and til TOP, remaining 15% of your total loan still with bank til completion.

Lucas
15-02-09, 21:24
I was there yesterday afternoon when the were 3 units left, ranging from 1000 sq ft - 1200 sq ft. average still about $1000 psf...
Comparing with Anchorage, although is already 10 years older, Anchorage is also FH and has a much larger plot of land, resale price hover around $900 psf.
I am considering to get one for investment and do you think it make sense for me to wait for a fire sales unit in Anchorage? I feel Anchorage has a better chance for capital appreciation and rental.

proud owner
16-02-09, 00:52
I was there yesterday afternoon when the were 3 units left, ranging from 1000 sq ft - 1200 sq ft. average still about $1000 psf...
Comparing with Anchorage, although is already 10 years older, Anchorage is also FH and has a much larger plot of land, resale price hover around $900 psf.
I am considering to get one for investment and do you think it make sense for me to wait for a fire sales unit in Anchorage? I feel Anchorage has a better chance for capital appreciation and rental.

this is my personal opinion ....

to pay 1000 psf for a 3xx sqft ? how much loan you need to take ? i believe alot of us here have at least 200k in cpf .. of course its easy to manage the loan

thats why pple buy ?

i will NEVER pay 1000 psf for that location ... look around .. River valley ..walk to GWC, Zion mkt, orchard, BTK and 5* chicken rice ... so much convenience .. can find around 850-950 psf ... Dist 9 ... i see more value there than Alexis

yes if got $ and die die must buy D3 ..i rather you buy Anchorage

and i also agree with gfoo ... 2000 pm for a 300 ish sqft room ...?? no way

i m now pay 3000 for a 1260 sqft, 5 yr old project in RV ... so convenient .. 3 bedrooms ... anyone wants to rent my master bed room with shower attached for $2500 ? i dont mind sublet a room (after all it is abt 300 sqft )

when will sporean learn ? the true importance of PSF and location ?

by the way for those who think you can rent out Alexis at 2000 or higher ..have you check out the maintenace ? as landlord , you have to pay that every mth ... if its 200 ...then you return is only $ 1800 dont forget ...

good luck to those who owns it ..

i will be leaving spore soon to new york for the next 3 yrs ... hopefully when i return ... property mkt has recovered ..

look out for my info from NYK ...if mkt there recovers .. i will be more than happy to update you guys in this forum ...

by the way ... so what we have east coast with sea view ?

my apt in manhattan has got central park view and hudson river view ..thats what i call "view" ... and i can walk to central park, go jogging on weekend and run along Mel Gibson ... thats true value of location ...

take care now ...

mr funny
16-02-09, 09:35
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,319170,00.html?

Published February 16, 2009

Buoyant property launches defy poor economy

New developments Caspian and Alexis report brisk sales, add buzz to market

By ARTHUR SIM

(SINGAPORE) Frasers Centrepoint Ltd (FCL) has delivered much needed positive news by reporting that its 712-unit Caspian condominium near Jurong Lake is now 65 per cent sold with 460 units snapped up to date.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-02-16/BT_IMAGES_ASLAUNCH16.jpg
Crowd puller: Alexis, a freehold development marketed by Huttons Asia at around $1,000 psf, is a 'unique product' with small units, says PropNex CEO Mohamed Ismail -- ARTHUR LEE

Over at Alexandra, the 293-unit Alexis @ Alexandra by joint venture partners Yi Kai Group and Fission Group is said to be fully sold.

Both developments were launched this month and together, total sales of 753 units have already topped new developer sales for the whole quarter of Q1 2008.

The demand for these two developments have taken many by surprise.

Mohamed Ismail, chief executive of PropNex, which is also the marketing agent for the 99-year leasehold Caspian, said that the sales target had initially been only 250 units for its first phase.

However, after these were sold out quickly at an average price of $580 psf, more units were released at the higher price of $600 psf.

It is understood that FCL will continue selling units as long as there are buyers and that it is comfortable with the pace of sales.

Giving his take on the Caspian's success, Mr Ismail said: 'The strategy in a down market is to look at the size of the units, reach out to buyers in the same area, and keep prices low.'

Alexis, a freehold development marketed by Huttons Asia was more expensive at around $1,000 psf. However, Mr Ismail noted that Alexis is a 'unique product' with small units. He added: 'It doesn't really matter what the per square foot price is these days. If the quantum is below $1 million, there will be many takers.'

While these sales figures are encouraging, Cushman and Wakefield managing director Donald Han said that the demand could be very 'project specific' with pent-up demand quickly satisfied.

A case in point could be City Developments Ltd's (CDL) 724-unit Livia condominium project in Pasir Ris. Livia was launched in July last year and 338 units have been sold as at end December at an average price of $650 psf. Over the weekend, CDL launched 30 units at an average of $620 per sq ft but the atmosphere at the showflat is said to be relatively subdued.

Still, the launch of Caspian and Alexis has added some buzz to an otherwise quiet market.

Some developers have noted that there are buyers waiting to move.

And Teo Hong Lim, chief executive of Roxy-Pacific, the parent company of Roxy Homes, has noticed that the sale of a few units can trigger a rash of buying because those waiting on the sidelines do not want to 'miss the boat'.

Mr Teo says that Roxy Homes sees about 70-100 visitors at its showflats a day.

East Coast Properties managing director Alvin Ng says he has also noticed an increase in visitors at its showflats with sales also picking up. Asked what is driving this in light of the poor economy, Mr Ng said: 'It's really anyone's guess.'

proud owner
16-02-09, 10:01
good to see some good news in the property market

but i am still damn curious how can pple pay 1000 psf at current mkt condition ?

just becos the quantum is below $1 mio ?
how to live in a 'condo' of 3xx sqft ? might as well stay in the nearby HDB ...

Property_Owner
16-02-09, 11:27
good to see some good news in the property market

but i am still damn curious how can pple pay 1000 psf at current mkt condition ?

just becos the quantum is below $1 mio ?
how to live in a 'condo' of 3xx sqft ? might as well stay in the nearby HDB ...

At the high of property boom, Anchorage was trading at $1100psf and Queens was $900psf (next to mrt station). Alexis is a mix development, do you think that the price for this can hit $1200 or $1300psf? If it can, it is worth it to buy Alexis, why not buy nearer to Mohd Sultan?

proud owner
16-02-09, 11:39
At the high of property boom, Anchorage was trading at $1100psf and Queens was $900psf (next to mrt station). Alexis is a mix development, do you think that the price for this can hit $1200 or $1300psf? If it can, it is worth it to buy Alexis, why not buy nearer to Mohd Sultan?

i dont know man ... the size of the unit can be a deterence to future resale/subsale buyer ...

unless you think the future spore population are all singles ... who would want to buy a 3xx sqft unit ? (at 1000 psf and higher)
rather buy a studio at 6xx sqft in river valley at 900 psf

rental potential so much better there

jwong71
16-02-09, 11:56
i dont know man ... the size of the unit can be a deterence to future resale/subsale buyer ...

unless you think the future spore population are all singles ... who would want to buy a 3xx sqft unit ? (at 1000 psf and higher)
rather buy a studio at 6xx sqft in river valley at 900 psf

rental potential so much better there

Agreed, i've viewed a FH 474sqft resale unit but it felt so much crampled and ended up with OLD LH 800sqft located in district 5. Potential is only is surroundings and the land ratio is under utilised. Up for collective sale b4,may takes 5,10,15yrs to happen again. I dun neo.

We are paying premium price for exclusive quiet environment,facing greenery surrounded by condos and landed properties.
Who will wan a condo in HDBland,with main road packed with heavy traffics up and down.

proud owner
16-02-09, 11:59
Agreed, i've viewed a FH 474sqft resale unit but it felt so much crampled and ended up with OLD LH 800sqft located in district 5. Potential is only is surroundings and the land ratio is under utilised. Up for collective sale b4,may takes 5,10,15yrs to happen again. I dun neo.

We are paying premium price for exclusive quiet environment,facing greenery surrounded by condos and landed properties.
Who will wan a condo in HDBland,with main road packed with heavy traffics up and down.

whats OLD LH ? where ?

Petmail
16-02-09, 12:00
trend is flowing towards the smaller units and gone were the days where 3-4bdrm are in extreme demands...

Pet

proud owner
16-02-09, 12:02
trend is flowing towards the smaller units and gone were the days where 3-4bdrm are in extreme demands...

Pet

ya but not small until you do cha cha ...
3 step fwd in living room
3 step back in kitchen
3 step right is bed
3 step left you are out of house

Property_Owner
16-02-09, 12:20
3 step back in kitchen
3 step right is bed

cha cha cha bo
cha cha cha bo
cha cha cha bo
cha cha bo......:D

Property_Owner
16-02-09, 12:21
3 step back in kitchen
3 step right is bed
cha cha cha bo
cha cha cha bo
cha cha cha bo

Can set up dance school

isaaclim
16-02-09, 13:09
cha cha cha bo
cha cha cha bo
cha cha cha bo

Can set up dance school

Hmm.. It should be...

Cha Cha Cha Pimp!
Cha Cha Cha Boom!
Cha Cha Cha Pian!
Cha Cha Tong!!!!!!!

toaler
16-02-09, 13:28
Hmm.. It should be...

Cha Cha Cha Pimp!
Cha Cha Cha Boom!
Cha Cha Cha Pian!
Cha Cha Tong!!!!!!!

$1000psf can get you a condo in prime area these days.. but people still pay $1000psf for Alexis.. why?! guess cause prime areas dont really have that many "UNIQUE" condos with such small units? :beats-me-man:

jwong71
16-02-09, 13:31
whats OLD LH ? where ?
Older development condo of 99yrs leasehold, at south buona vista road. Mins to sentosa,vivo, and city too.

proud owner
16-02-09, 13:33
$1000psf can get you a condo in prime area these days.. but people still pay $1000psf for Alexis.. why?! guess cause prime areas dont really have that many "UNIQUE" condos with such small units? :beats-me-man:

hahaha true true ... like i said if 3xx sqft can fetch a rent of $ 2k a mth

then i sublet my master bedroom (bigger than 3xx sqft) for $1.5k at river valley ... my 1300 sqft ( 3 x 400 sqft ish) will be able to rent out at $6k ??

indeed alexis is UNIQUE

vin002
16-02-09, 13:34

Actually it is not $1,000psf that people are looking at. It is the total investment cost.

Say for $600K you pay at Alexis vs prime area, where will you choose? The answer is quite obvious. However, where can you find a $600K condo in prime that is FH?

In bad time, people look at the overall cost to own a condo.

proud owner
16-02-09, 13:37
Actually it is not $1,000psf that people are looking at. It is the total investment cost.

Say for $600K you pay at Alexis vs prime area, where will you choose? The answer is quite obvious. However, where can you find a $600K condo in prime that is FH?

sad to say thats where they make mistake ...

when it comes to property , remember, its

Location Location Location & PSF PSF PSF

vin002
16-02-09, 13:48
sad to say thats where they make mistake ...

when it comes to property , remember, its

Location Location Location & PSF PSF PSF

I agree but not always people buy for $$$. Some just for own stay. Can make $$$ of course it is a bonus to them.

HDB at $500K mark? In peak some area even sold for $700K or more!!!

How much do you think they need to sell in order to breakeven? Unless they paid in full otherwise after factoring the interest, at least $600K or more. Do these people think that they can sell at this price?

What I pray for them is that hope the block does not "En-bloc".

jwong71
16-02-09, 13:52

Yes,they look at the overall price to own a condo, but if they holding to a such small unit.. chances to sell away is slimmer,and enbloc in the many many years time is aso hard. small plot land ratio,already MAXED out liao on the blocks space and storey limits. no where to develop for more units. Land ratio so small, til the pool got to be on top of the condo building. it may be stylo, but infact they have not much space for the pool on the ground level isnt it..??

proud owner
16-02-09, 13:56
I agree but not always people buy for $$$. Some just for own stay. Can make $$$ of course it is a bonus to them.

How much do you think they need to sell in order to breakeven? Unless they paid in full otherwise after factoring the interest, at least $600K or more. Do these people think that they can sell at this price?

i know not everyone buy for $$ gain

my point is ...how to live in a 3xx sqft unit ??
3xx sqft - living rm, bed rm , kitchen, toilet... ???
scarey

i really rather take the same $$ buy a HDB nearby, bigger some more
... and look into Alexis' pool ...and claim got pool view ...

seriously guy 3xx sqft is really really tiny

Petmail
16-02-09, 14:45
3 step back in kitchen
3 step right is bed

ROFL... you guys are really funny!!!

PEt

Petmail
16-02-09, 14:53
Yes,they look at the overall price to own a condo, but if they holding to a such small unit.. chances to sell away is slimmer,and enbloc in the many many years time is aso hard. small plot land ratio,already MAXED out liao on the blocks space and storey limits. no where to develop for more units. Land ratio so small, til the pool got to be on top of the condo building. it may be stylo, but infact they have not much space for the pool on the ground level isnt it..??

if they build the pool at the ground then everybody else would be able to use the facilities.. who will still wanna stay in such condo? the facilities are exclusive to only the residents... as dun forget there are retail outlets on the ground floor. btw the maintenance is only $50/mth

Pet

jwong71
16-02-09, 14:58

HDB at 500k mark, least is spacious enuff to house in your 3generations. With plenty of space kids running ard.
Sitting along the wall of 388sqft living room,looking at tv in a line.. to ensure each doesnt block the views of others.

There aso retail shops below right, so does that mean there be no enclosed area like a normal condo.?? Then is there a guardpost as well??

jwong71
16-02-09, 15:05
if they build the pool at the ground then everybody else would be able to use the facilities.. who will still wanna stay in such condo? the facilities are exclusive to only the residents... as dun forget there are retail outlets on the ground floor. btw the maintenance is only $50/mth

Pet
Be it the pool on the ground or on the top, everyone get to shared it. Unless u got ur own pool, different storyline.
Retail shops, does that means it not a enclosed area with security post ard. meaning u need to be near to a police post if anything happens.?
FYI, maintenanance low doesnt mean good. COZY enbloc payout is aso based on ur maintenance and ur buildup area.

$50 is cheap if u can park more than 1 car. or simply jus 1

Petmail
16-02-09, 15:37
Originally Posted by SL
Pet, I really like the way you rev up the market sentiment.. I wish you work for my company to help rev up the sales so stop more heads from rolling. Refering to those mark in red in your quote.. I'm glad I did not believe in those countless sms/letter/emails that were sent to me saying I'm the VVIP. I asked a Hutton fellow who told me VVIP viewing on Feb-12, why some people I know of seemed to have viewed the unit and he denied my observations. He insisted that I'm VVIP and I will get the best of the best

Please come and get hired in my company.

Hi SL,

You seriously wanna offer me a job ah? I not cheap one leh.... hehe... but but but.. can i still do real estate for part time in that case? will i get sack for moonlighting? lolz

Pet

think i kinda put you off on the interest to invite me into your company already... :(

Pet

Petmail
16-02-09, 15:42
HDB at 500k mark, least is spacious enuff to house in your 3generations. With plenty of space kids running ard.
Sitting along the wall of 388sqft living room,looking at tv in a line.. to ensure each doesnt block the views of others.

There aso retail shops below right, so does that mean there be no enclosed area like a normal condo.?? Then is there a guardpost as well??

ground floor is open... residential is not accessible except for residents. so if the pools and facilities are at ground floor then no exclusiveness to the residents anymore

Pet

Geylang OKT
16-02-09, 15:48
3 step back in kitchen
3 step right is bed

You are so funny! :D

kal
16-02-09, 16:42
well well well, no matter wat, congrats the developer/owners as its fully sold = one of the rare successful project in this downturn economy and looking forward to a nice icon in Alexandra area in 2yrs time !

Petmail
16-02-09, 16:54
looking forward to the support from all the fellow forumers for my coming projects!!!

Pet

focus
16-02-09, 18:49
Hmm... I wonder how they will be able to invite friends over...
maybe have to queue at entrance and go in ...
crowd capacity is only 3 per apt...

Geylang OKT
16-02-09, 19:43
Hmm... I wonder how they will be able to invite friends over...
maybe have to queue at entrance and go in ...
crowd capacity is only 3 per apt...

3 only if they are midget sized :D

focus
16-02-09, 20:00
Actually.. 400 sqft ... kinda reminds me of Mr Bean's home...

august
16-02-09, 22:14
Ikea alexandra has a 38 sq meter (409 sq feet) sized "show flat" ... just nice ~

jurgen
18-02-09, 01:40
Project sold out.

Super sales.

Tony Blair
18-02-09, 07:49
Actually.. 400 sqft ... kinda reminds me of Mr Bean's home...

Hotel room

proud owner
18-02-09, 08:08
Ikea alexandra has a 38 sq meter (409 sq feet) sized "show flat" ... just nice ~

ahhaha perfect ...

it makes furnishing so much easier .. just copy the whole set of furnitures ...

so now we ALL can get a good idea how big the unit is right ??

Go Ikea and take a look ..see what you can put in there ...

mr funny
18-02-09, 18:00
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,319573,00.html?

Published February 18, 2009

Some Alexis buyers offer units in subsalemarket

Other developers try to ride buying wave by relaunching units at lower prices

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) The Alexis condo sold like hot cakes last week and now a few buyers at the fully sold project are trying to flip their units in the subsale market, notwithstanding the fact that Singapore is in the throes of its worst recession.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-02-18/BT_IMAGES_KRACTIVE18.jpg
A better deal: Several developers are trimming prices to give buyers an incentive to commit to a purchase. This weekend, GuocoLand will relaunch The Quartz condo near Buangkok MRT Station with a price cut of nearly 10%

These buyers are seeking prices about $100 per square foot above what they had paid, translating to a net gain of around 10 per cent, property agents estimate.

Ripples from the strong sales momentum generated for the 293-unit freehold condo, comprising mostly smallish units costing between $420,000 and $800,000, spread to showflats of several other small and mid-sized developers. Some of them trimmed prices to give buyers an incentive to commit to a purchase.

The mini home-buying wave sparked earlier this month by Frasers Centrepoint's launch of its Caspian condo in the Jurong Lake District, has led other developers to speed up launch plans for new projects, or to relaunch existing ones, with a price cut.

This weekend, GuocoLand will relaunch The Quartz condo near Buangkok MRT Station with a price cut of nearly 10 per cent.

The 625-unit, 99-year leasehold project is slated to receive Temporary Occupation Permit in a few months and is left with 182 units. For a start, GuocoLand is likely to push out about 60-odd units, all three-bedders and most of which will cost below $650,000. The average price of the units to be relaunched will be about $595 psf, compared with an average price of $650 psf that GuocoLand was selling the project at during the height of the market in 2007.

The project is being marketed by CB Richard Ellis and ERA.

In the River Valley area, Fortune Development has sold 12 units at RV Suites since Saturday. The 96-unit freehold project's average price is $1,300 psf and most of the units are smallish, at about 500 to 550 sq ft and cost about $630,000 to $730,000. This brings total sales in the seven-storey project to 42 units, according to Fortune general manager Victor Soh.

Over in the Shelford Road area, East Coast Properties sold 14 units at D'Chateau @ Shelford during the weekend at an average price of about $1,000-1,100 psf. Units cost between $900,000 (for a three-bedroom apartment) and $1.7 million (for a penthouse). About half or 16 of the total 31 apartments in five-storey freehold project are now sold, said the company's managing director Alvin Ng.

Macly Capital is also said to have sold about 10 units over the weekend at Newton Edge.

Property market watchers say specuvestors may have been drawn to Alexis, near Queenstown MRT station, by developer EC Prime's decision to offer buyers an interest absorption scheme without charging any premium (usually buyers have to pay about 3 per cent more for such schemes), as well as the relatively affordable investment sums for the mostly smallish units.

However, EC Prime's director Melvin Poh refuted talk in some quarters that the company generated demand from agents who bought units, and that a substantial number of buyers picked up multiple units.

'We have checked our sales records; there were only two families that bought multiple units - one family bought five units, and the other, three units. The rest of the buyers all picked up one unit each.

'If agents from Huttons (Alexis's marketing agent) or their close relatives bought, they would have to declare to us, and so far there have been none,' Mr Poh said.

Alexis's buyers were mostly Singaporeans and EC Prime, a joint venture between Yi Kai Group and Fission Group, has given them up to three weeks to decide whether they would like to opt for the interest absorption scheme (IAS).

Buyers had to pay 5 per cent of the purchase price when they booked a unit, that is, when they were issued an option by the developer. Eight weeks later, they will have to pay up another 15 per cent, with no further payment (under IAS) until the project receives Temporary Occupation Permit in about three years.

Those who do not exercise their options will forfeit a quarter of their 5 per cent deposit. For a $500,000 unit, that will amount to $6,250.

Those who buy on IAS will have to immediately sign up for a home mortgage with United Overseas Bank, and the credit assessment is expected to sift out financially weak buyers.

'Alexis has drawn investors. Based on our sale prices, they could earn about 5-6 per cent yield from renting their units, given the location near an MRT station close to town,' Mr Poh said.

thomastansb
18-02-09, 22:09
Sorry if this offend anyone but I think the smallest unit at 300 + sq feet is for my dog to stay. Totally crap. I rather stay in 4 rooms HDB at the same price. You might have other opinions but this is mine and I am entitled to it. It is like a HDB master room but with the toilet + kitchen + yard? Why resort to this just to get a "Condo Status". Like this fun meh? So sia suay.

focus
18-02-09, 23:42
Sorry if this offend anyone but I think the smallest unit at 300 + sq feet is for my dog to stay. Totally crap. I rather stay in 4 rooms HDB at the same price. You might have other opinions but this is mine and I am entitled to it. It is like a HDB master room but with the toilet + kitchen + yard? Why resort to this just to get a "Condo Status". Like this fun meh? So sia suay.

Luckily.. the people here are more sane..
But it's really funny , don't you think ? ...

gfoo
18-02-09, 23:53
Luckily.. the people here are more sane..
But it's really funny , don't you think ? ...

this is what we call rock concert mentality in sales and marketing.
huttons is very good at that.

spread the word months before
get an army of agents to invite the world
go into the showroom and see it fully packed
price the quantum at a 'close one eye' level

people will buy.

Petmail
19-02-09, 00:24

No offences done.. but end of the day, willing buyers... willing sellers... condo status is not attain by the number of units in the entire development. its determine by the land size. by the way, dun be too personal lah... units not sold out nevermind, whole project fully sold and you say people dog... haiz... but really dog house so big and expensive then your dog must be really enjoying life man... buy condo for your dog to stay... lolz

Pet

isaaclim
19-02-09, 07:55
Don't think this project meet the URA requirement for condo status. It is only private apartment.

The size is not the issue. 38sqm is reasonable for 1 person or couple if the wife is working.

The biggest problem to me is the design for 1 bedroom. It is almost like a jail room. The whole unit sink inside.

But it does have rental potential. It is targeting those budget limited tenant that don't want to stay in HDB.

Well, hutton is famous for that. Call it a V VIP preview. And they invited almost everyone they know to heat up the atmosphere.

Hmm, 2k for queenstown. Then those studio units in prime district and city area will need to be rent up at 4-5k and 2-3 bedrooms for 8-9k. Lol... They are just too optimistic that our economic will go back to 2007 in 2 yrs times. What a joke!

There are advertising some units in the resale market. That mean defaults are expecting!!!

Shopping time!

pete
19-02-09, 16:07
Older development condo of 99yrs leasehold, at south buona vista road. Mins to sentosa,vivo, and city too.

Good choice! The environment is a what you will call a home.

Geylang OKT
19-02-09, 21:14

On the contrary, I think what you say makes alot of sense :D

Geylang OKT
19-02-09, 21:15
Hotel room

Yes right! The Hotel 81 and Fragrance Hotel rooms. :D

orange
20-02-09, 00:56
hehe! g'day biggest big boss towkay sir chowahbeng san! king of geylang, balestier and joo chiat! :D

Petmail
20-02-09, 02:51
Don't think this project meet the URA requirement for condo status. It is only private apartment.

The size is not the issue. 38sqm is reasonable for 1 person or couple if the wife is working.

The biggest problem to me is the design for 1 bedroom. It is almost like a jail room. The whole unit sink inside.

But it does have rental potential. It is targeting those budget limited tenant that don't want to stay in HDB.

Well, hutton is famous for that. Call it a V VIP preview. And they invited almost everyone they know to heat up the atmosphere.

Hmm, 2k for queenstown. Then those studio units in prime district and city area will need to be rent up at 4-5k and 2-3 bedrooms for 8-9k. Lol... They are just too optimistic that our economic will go back to 2007 in 2 yrs times. What a joke!

There are advertising some units in the resale market. That mean defaults are expecting!!!

Shopping time!

are you aware that the livable space is similar to the 2rm hdb? just that you think its small as they took out the household shelter and doesnt charge you while hdb made in within the house still and made you pay for it.. still small? then you have to complain to hdb first as hdb sizes are being set and used as the benchmark for most developemnt nowadays. the authority have a minimum size applicable though.. when units appears in the papers doesnt means that the buyer have no means to hold and defaulting the loans.. so have to check out really carefully first..

Pet

isaaclim
20-02-09, 10:47
are you aware that the livable space is similar to the 2rm hdb? just that you think its small as they took out the household shelter and doesnt charge you while hdb made in within the house still and made you pay for it.. still small? then you have to complain to hdb first as hdb sizes are being set and used as the benchmark for most developemnt nowadays. the authority have a minimum size applicable though.. when units appears in the papers doesnt means that the buyer have no means to hold and defaulting the loans.. so have to check out really carefully first..

Pet

I heard agents and developer staff brought quite a few units. It is not so easy to find sucker to offload nowadays. Banks are tighter.

Good luck to those flippers!

dtrax
20-02-09, 11:01
I heard agents and developer staff brought quite a few units. It is not so easy to find sucker to offload nowadays. Banks are tighter.

well i'm sure they would have no problems servicing the loan or paying it..unless they buy purely to flip within a short period then might be risky

stalingrad
20-02-09, 11:02

And the developer even denied this. What a liar!

stalingrad
20-02-09, 11:04

It is just like the parc condo, where most units were bought by associates and agents. Now they are all stuck. They paid upwards of 850psf, and the most recent transaction is at 654psf.

propertyguru
20-02-09, 11:21
That's why the recent ERA Realty decision was a slap in the face for all these agents. Good. Let the public see how greedy and corrupted they are.

SL
20-02-09, 11:40
I dont buy property often enough.. and this time Hutton really leaves a very bad tastes for many .. all the lies.. VVIP, launch date, genuine buyer not agent buyer, etc.. the latest is Hutton declaring "market is moving.. 700 units sold".. why benchmark a private apartment/condo against a 2-room HDB? if the comparison holds water, why then Hutton & developer is expecting to be paid more than a 2-roomer?

Also sorry to announce.. my company dont hire liars.

proud owner
20-02-09, 11:48
I dont buy property often enough.. and this time Hutton really leaves a very bad tastes for many .. all the lies.. VVIP, launch date, genuine buyer not agent buyer, etc.. the latest is Hutton declaring "market is moving.. 700 units sold".. why benchmark a private apartment/condo against a 2-room HDB? if the comparison holds water, why then Hutton & developer is expecting to be paid more than a 2-roomer?

Liars or not i am not sure but i dont doubt it ...

other suckers included those who bought SKY@Eleven ... those associates + staffs bought as well ...

Parc (clementi) too ...but that one buyers were told they were NOT allow to resell within a 3mth period ... so those who bought knew well enuff then that the developer was agst speculation

dormer
20-02-09, 15:52
It is just like the parc condo, where most units were bought by associates and agents. Now they are all stuck. They paid upwards of 850psf, and the most recent transaction is at 654psf.

I thought the most recent transcation for the Parc was 850psf??

thomastansb
20-02-09, 16:00
I thought the most recent transcation for the Parc was 850psf??

Don't need to argue. Go URA can liao.

Can see from 1k+ drop until 600+. Maybe still got suckers/high floor at 800+. Average is 700+.

What was the average when it was sold? If at 800+, then good luck to those who are holding a few units lor..

THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 1,033,600 1,216 850 Feb-09
THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 990,000 1,518 652 Jan-09
THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 950,000 1,216 781 Jan-09
THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 2,350,000 3,681 638 Dec-08
THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 1,070,080 1,216 880 Sep-08
THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 810,000 980 827 Sep-08
THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 1,130,000 1,216 929 Jul-08
THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 2,238,360 2,433 920 May-08
THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 1,211,400 1,421 853 May-08
THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 1,050,000 1,216 863 May-08
THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 948,690 1,216 780 Mar-08
THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 1,500,000 1,464 1,025 Mar-08

proud owner
20-02-09, 16:03
there was a transaction at 652 psf for the Parc ... in jan

Petmail
20-02-09, 19:25
And the developer even denied this. What a liar!

for alexis.. no chance for internal selling as all units were open for sale and more than one cheque for particular unit then have to go for balloting. so its very rare chance to buy it internally.

Pet

Property_Owner
20-02-09, 19:42
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,319573,00.html?

Published February 18, 2009

Some Alexis buyers offer units in subsalemarket

Other developers try to ride buying wave by relaunching units at lower prices

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) The Alexis condo sold like hot cakes last week and now a few buyers at the fully sold project are trying to flip their units in the subsale market, notwithstanding the fact that Singapore is in the throes of its worst recession.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-02-18/BT_IMAGES_KRACTIVE18.jpg
A better deal: Several developers are trimming prices to give buyers an incentive to commit to a purchase. This weekend, GuocoLand will relaunch The Quartz condo near Buangkok MRT Station with a price cut of nearly 10%

These buyers are seeking prices about $100 per square foot above what they had paid, translating to a net gain of around 10 per cent, property agents estimate.

Ripples from the strong sales momentum generated for the 293-unit freehold condo, comprising mostly smallish units costing between $420,000 and $800,000, spread to showflats of several other small and mid-sized developers. Some of them trimmed prices to give buyers an incentive to commit to a purchase.

The mini home-buying wave sparked earlier this month by Frasers Centrepoint's launch of its Caspian condo in the Jurong Lake District, has led other developers to speed up launch plans for new projects, or to relaunch existing ones, with a price cut.

This weekend, GuocoLand will relaunch The Quartz condo near Buangkok MRT Station with a price cut of nearly 10 per cent.

The 625-unit, 99-year leasehold project is slated to receive Temporary Occupation Permit in a few months and is left with 182 units. For a start, GuocoLand is likely to push out about 60-odd units, all three-bedders and most of which will cost below $650,000. The average price of the units to be relaunched will be about $595 psf, compared with an average price of $650 psf that GuocoLand was selling the project at during the height of the market in 2007.

The project is being marketed by CB Richard Ellis and ERA.

In the River Valley area, Fortune Development has sold 12 units at RV Suites since Saturday. The 96-unit freehold project's average price is $1,300 psf and most of the units are smallish, at about 500 to 550 sq ft and cost about $630,000 to $730,000. This brings total sales in the seven-storey project to 42 units, according to Fortune general manager Victor Soh.

Over in the Shelford Road area, East Coast Properties sold 14 units at D'Chateau @ Shelford during the weekend at an average price of about $1,000-1,100 psf. Units cost between $900,000 (for a three-bedroom apartment) and $1.7 million (for a penthouse). About half or 16 of the total 31 apartments in five-storey freehold project are now sold, said the company's managing director Alvin Ng.

Macly Capital is also said to have sold about 10 units over the weekend at Newton Edge.

Property market watchers say specuvestors may have been drawn to Alexis, near Queenstown MRT station, by developer EC Prime's decision to offer buyers an interest absorption scheme without charging any premium (usually buyers have to pay about 3 per cent more for such schemes), as well as the relatively affordable investment sums for the mostly smallish units.

However, EC Prime's director Melvin Poh refuted talk in some quarters that the company generated demand from agents who bought units, and that a substantial number of buyers picked up multiple units.

'We have checked our sales records; there were only two families that bought multiple units - one family bought five units, and the other, three units. The rest of the buyers all picked up one unit each.

'If agents from Huttons (Alexis's marketing agent) or their close relatives bought, they would have to declare to us, and so far there have been none,' Mr Poh said.

Alexis's buyers were mostly Singaporeans and EC Prime, a joint venture between Yi Kai Group and Fission Group, has given them up to three weeks to decide whether they would like to opt for the interest absorption scheme (IAS).

Buyers had to pay 5 per cent of the purchase price when they booked a unit, that is, when they were issued an option by the developer. Eight weeks later, they will have to pay up another 15 per cent, with no further payment (under IAS) until the project receives Temporary Occupation Permit in about three years.

Those who do not exercise their options will forfeit a quarter of their 5 per cent deposit. For a $500,000 unit, that will amount to $6,250.

Those who buy on IAS will have to immediately sign up for a home mortgage with United Overseas Bank, and the credit assessment is expected to sift out financially weak buyers.

'Alexis has drawn investors. Based on our sale prices, they could earn about 5-6 per cent yield from renting their units, given the location near an MRT station close to town,' Mr Poh said.

Hmmm....These 2 buyers so lucky?

Petmail
20-02-09, 19:49

benchmarking is on basis on sizes rather than prices. i do not know in what manner does huttons does disappoints you in anyway but somehow whether you wishes to buy or sell is definitely up to you. huttons represent developer to market the units according to the request of the developers. as much as we would like developers to price their selling price according to what the buyer an afford or wishes to pay but then its still entirely up to developer to decide. Likewise when i handle resale, i may present the case to my seller on the market comparison, market asking, banks' fair market value, etc and propose a marketable price for seller to decide, however, its still up to him to decide. if he decided so to price it too high, even if he wishes to pay me a 10% commission, i will never be able to sell.. thus for these cases, i do not take up this unit to market as i feels its not marketable. also depending situation, especially current market sentiments. I rather advise my clients not to sell instead of pushing them to sell knowing that most of them may not even be recovering their cost. nevertheless, if any one of you does think we are not man of integrity then i prefers not to debate on such matters. client whom i had attanded to knows whether i am a cheat or liar.

Thanks & cheers!!!

Pet

Geylang OKT
20-02-09, 21:41
hehe! g'day biggest big boss towkay sir chowahbeng san! king of geylang, balestier and joo chiat! :D

Biggest of Biggest Bosses Chief of Chief OKTs Sir Orange san :D :D :D

Petmail
20-02-09, 22:46
Biggest of Biggest Bosses Chief of Chief OKTs Sir Orange san :D :D :D

lolz.. both of you really damn funny bosses around...

Pet

Geylang OKT
21-02-09, 19:52
lolz.. both of you really damn funny bosses around...

Pet

Woot! :D

Geylang OKT

Gordon Yuen
22-02-09, 22:39

The smallest floor plan of Alexis is 36sqm for one bedroom. Parc Sophia is 44sqm with a HS and a planter. So living area is about the same as Alexis.

Alexis smallest 1+1 is 47sqm, Parc Sophia is 58sqm with a balcony and a HS. Mecury (in river valley area) is 59sqm with a big balcony and a big planter. Living area of Parc Sophia and Mecury could be similar to Alexis.

It seems like this is the trend of new developments. For those ppl who have owned condos in early days, they are really lucky.

Gordon Yuen
22-02-09, 22:52

Parc Sophia has no doubt its own convenience, but it is still a distance from Dobby Ghuat. If you take short cut by Mount Sophia staircase, you have to climb 8 storey staircase every day.

Gordon Yuen
22-02-09, 23:01
There are also supposed to be shops downstairs. Can be good or bad depending on kind of shops I guess. But anyway, I think the 2 BR + 1 study at 6XX sf is nuts. I don't understand how that kind of floorplan can sell but if it's true that Alexis is more than 60% sold in a day, then well, I really hand it over to the developers. To be able to move this number of units at this kind of price in this type of market. Wow.

Alexis 2+1 range from 657 sf to 1,055 sf; only 2 units are 657 sf.

blackswan
22-02-09, 23:02
Parc Sophia has no doubt its own convenience, but it is still a distance from Dobby Ghuat. If you take short cut by Mount Sophia staircase, you have to climb 8 storey staircase every day.

Personnally sacrifice my lunch time to take a train down there with a stop watch to time from the moment I walk out of MRT to PS and from PS to MRT.

From MRT to PS (walk across to the Atrium by traffic light) took me just about 15 mins. From PS walk down to Cathay Residences (don that huge filghts of stairs ) then to MRT around 12 mins.

Walk at

blackswan
22-02-09, 23:03

Personnally sacrifice my lunch time to take a train down there with a stop watch to time from the moment I walk out of MRT to PS and from PS to MRT.

From MRT to PS (walk across to the Atrium by traffic light) took me just about 15 mins. From PS walk down to Cathay Residences (down that huge filghts of stairs ) then to MRT around 12 mins (i.e.time stop the moment i enter the station gate).

Walk at best at possible at leisure pace even though its damn bloody hot that day

dtrax
22-02-09, 23:09

From MRT to PS (walk across to the Atrium by traffic light) took me just about 15 mins. From PS walk down to Cathay Residences (down that huge filghts of stairs ) then to MRT around 12 mins (i.e.time stop the moment i enter the station gate).

Walk at best at possible at leisure pace even though its damn bloody hot that day

Walk down easy leh... but eh walk up? I will 100% buy a unit at PS if I am an obese fella :)

Gordon Yuen
22-02-09, 23:10
I would only say Alexsis is a good buy for rental investment. For home stay, how many of you have stayed in a <650 sqft house?

But for rental investment, it is based on at least rental $3,300 per month. This may not be a substainable figure in current climate.

Near MRT? How many of you have walked to the station? Look like a 2 bus-stop away distant if you really walk. So how do you define near?

One side is facing West sun and the the other side is facing the road (noisy). The worst is the stack nearest to the MRT track. Is this something that most will consider for home stay? Actually, I forsee the worst to be those units below th pool. Not only affected by road noise, if below the motor-room, it will be even more noisy. For long run, I wonder how good will their water proofing of the pool be...

The only attractive part is the price (Total purchase price - not psf) and freehold.

Many buyers rush to buy based on the low total price, therefore, very few really go into details of the west sun, road noise, walking distant to MRT, actual size, etc.

So for stay or investment? Your view?

Walking distance to Queenstown MRT is less than one bus stop. There is a bus stop exactly infront of Alexis, the next stop is already Queenstown MRT. If going by back gate, the actual walking distance is less than one bus stop.

Besides Alexis, I guess many condos in Singapore whether in prime or non-prime areas are facing the main road or having afternoon sun etc..........

vin002
23-02-09, 07:05
Walking distance to Queenstown MRT is less than one bus stop. There is a bus stop exactly infront of Alexis, the next stop is already Queenstown MRT. If going by back gate, the actual walking distance is less than one bus stop.

Besides Alexis, I guess many condos in Singapore whether in prime or non-prime areas are facing the main road or having afternoon sun etc..........

Yup, I am refering to the back gate to the actual MRT station. Did you try to walk? It is one bust stop away but this is one very far bus stop away so if you really walk, it is 2 bus-stop distance. This is provided that your unit is nearest to the back gate meaning nearer to MRT track.

Gordon Yuen
23-02-09, 08:01
Yup, I am refering to the back gate to the actual MRT station. Did you try to walk? It is one bust stop away but this is one very far bus stop away so if you really walk, it is 2 bus-stop distance. This is provided that your unit is nearest to the back gate meaning nearer to MRT track.

No worries. I live there so I know the distance well. The bus stop from Alexis to the next bus stop at Queenstown is a normal distance not the far distance.

nav14
23-02-09, 08:22
No worries. I live there so I know the distance well. The bus stop from Alexis to the next bus stop at Queenstown is a normal distance not the far distance.

Why are you guys even othering to compare PS with Alexis. They are worlds apart of course in PS favour. At least you can walk to Orchard Rd and the nearby shopping centres within a few minites from PS. From Alexis to Orchard Rd will take 1 hour to walk. No major shopping centres etc. How to compare.

Gordon Yuen
23-02-09, 08:35
Why are you guys even othering to compare PS with Alexis. They are worlds apart of course in PS favour. At least you can walk to Orchard Rd and the nearby shopping centres within a few minites from PS. From Alexis to Orchard Rd will take 1 hour to walk. No major shopping centres etc. How to compare.

Well, i guess each has its good and bad points lah, so depending on what the buyers want. I compare coz the forum has started that so just to add some of my points lah.

Gordon Yuen
23-02-09, 08:48
Bro, honestly.. hotel 81 room got such a big space meh? suites type you mean... in that case you calculate how much it cost you a month then. say normal rooms: $49/nite x 30 nites = $1470/mth. then if same size of Alexis will be the Hotel81 Suites then $80/nite x 30 nites = $2400/mth!!! Alexis if $450k, 100% loan then monthly instalment: $1957/mth!!! you get to cook and eat in Alexis while hotel81 does not allows cooking at all. end of the day, do we get to own hotel81? :tsk-tsk:

Rental wise, if Alexis with facilities only $1200/mth then how much a hdb in Meiling, Stirling, Queenstown, Commonwealth without facilities should cost? may be $500/mth? :tsk-tsk:

Then maybe maintenance for Alexis also be charging more rather than $50/mth since with facilities and a hdb avg already charging $45/mth. :tsk-tsk:

Pet

Maintenance charge for Alexis: Min $50/mth, Max $70/mth, car park separately charged at $80 per lot per mth for families which drive

proud owner
23-02-09, 08:51
Well, i guess each has its good and bad points lah, so depending on what the buyers want. I compare coz the forum has started that so just to add some of my points lah.

take singapore map (expanded version)

take a protractor .. using Orchard + Scotts as the Centre of Prime district ..

draw circles as you go further away .. each circle represents a certain PSF ...getting smaller as you move further from centre ...

if Alexis is 1000 psf ... just imagine what you will be paying for holland , one tree hill, river valley ...

i can only say ... Alexis is EXPENSIVE ....

if near MRT is the only reason ... then Caspian is damn cheap ... way before 1000 psf ... after all its only 5-6 stations from Alexis ..

blackswan
23-02-09, 08:57
Will just say that the one very important point about PS is that the nearest MRT station is the interchage for 3 lines. Lots of buses to go anyway if dun want to take train.

Second most important point is the rental demand will be good due to the various schools that I had mention from the previous thread.

Lastly, its in Orchard aread as compared to queenstown area (not that QT is no good ah). The reason I say that is because one of the reason that's always quoted for buying Alexis its due to its proximity to Orchard. If that's the case, then i rather stay in Orchard itself!!!

Gordon Yuen
23-02-09, 09:44
Will just say that the one very important point about PS is that the nearest MRT station is the interchage for 3 lines. Lots of buses to go anyway if dun want to take train.

Second most important point is the rental demand will be good due to the various schools that I had mention from the previous thread.

Lastly, its in Orchard aread as compared to queenstown area (not that QT is no good ah). The reason I say that is because one of the reason that's always quoted for buying Alexis its due to its proximity to Orchard. If that's the case, then i rather stay in Orchard itself!!!

I believe you have bought one. In first or the recent launch?

august
23-02-09, 09:50
i pass the stretch on the mrt almost everyday.
to walk to queenstown mrt you walk out from the back/side of future condo and hit the main rd, last stretch walk along main rd with Queens condo on left. entire route is not sheltered. i agar estimate take about 10 min..

proud owner
23-02-09, 09:53
i pass the stretch on the mrt almost everyday.
to walk to queenstown mrt you walk out from the back/side of future condo and hit the main rd, last stretch walk along main rd with Queens condo on left. entire route is not sheltered. i agar estimate take about 10 min..

i reckon less than 10 mins though i have not physically walked there ...but Alexis is going to be where the corner coffee shop used to be ... and yes no shelter ...

i walked from KentRidge park to pasir panjang road (circle line) .. 8 mins only ..

Gordon Yuen
23-02-09, 10:23
i reckon less than 10 mins though i have not physically walked there ...but Alexis is going to be where the corner coffee shop used to be ... and yes no shelter ...

i walked from KentRidge park to pasir panjang road (circle line) .. 8 mins only ..

I use to walk to queenstown MRT too. But i have not noticed that it will take me 10 mins to walk from the old coffee shop to the MRT. Perhaps next time i can roughly time it.

vin002
23-02-09, 11:34
I use to walk to queenstown MRT too. But i have not noticed that it will take me 10 mins to walk from the old coffee shop to the MRT. Perhaps next time i can roughly time it.

I can confirm that as I have tried. Therefore, I kept saying the distance feel is about 2 bus-stop away... instead of 1.

propertyguru
23-02-09, 12:33
I can confirm that as I have tried. Therefore, I kept saying the distance feel is about 2 bus-stop away... instead of 1.

To be fair, your idea of one bus stop may differ from someone else's idea of one bus stop. In that sense, timing it may be a more objective manner of assessing the distance.

In any event, I myself also live in the area, and I would sum it up thus. The MRT station is definitely not as near to Alexis as Huttons would like you to believe. It is not TWO minutes away, as I recall some brochures saying. However, it is definitely within a comfortable and convenient walking distance. I dare say Alexis residents are nearer to a MRT station than 95% of Singapore. Yes, no shelter perhaps, but also no steep slopes or stairs to climb. I think that's a fair compromise and most of us would be happy if a MRT station was within ten minutes away.

Gordon Yuen
23-02-09, 13:02
To be fair, your idea of one bus stop may differ from someone else's idea of one bus stop. In that sense, timing it may be a more objective manner of assessing the distance.

In any event, I myself also live in the area, and I would sum it up thus. The MRT station is definitely not as near to Alexis as Huttons would like you to believe. It is not TWO minutes away, as I recall some brochures saying. However, it is definitely within a comfortable and convenient walking distance. I dare say Alexis residents are nearer to a MRT station than 95% of Singapore. Yes, no shelter perhaps, but also no steep slopes or stairs to climb. I think that's a fair compromise and most of us would be happy if a MRT station was within ten minutes away.

Agreed. Certainly not within 2 min unless fast walk. But reasonably less than 10 min.

Rapister
23-02-09, 13:18
anyway already 100% sold

august
23-02-09, 13:46
saw about 4 ads on Sat's classifieds... flippers? :o

Gordon Yuen
23-02-09, 14:22
saw about 4 ads on Sat's classifieds... flippers? :o

Really. Any price quoted in the adv? I know there are ppl do not exercise option.

Gordon Yuen
23-02-09, 14:23
anyway already 100% sold

Not 100% now coz there are ppl do not exercise option.

spinoza
23-02-09, 21:04
Really. Any price quoted in the adv? I know there are ppl do not exercise option.

Really amazed at the no. of flippers during this time. Probably becuase of the low 5% they have to pay initially, follow by 15% within 8 weeks. So these flippers have a window of 8 weeks to flip, failing which they have to forked out 15%, which they may or may not have.

Flipping in the current market is plain suicidal, buying at about 1000 psf and trying to flip for 10% premium is a long shot, if there's really buyer for these flippers, then I really pity these buyers.

I'm really very curious if anyone succeeded in flipping during this time, if so, please share any done deal transactions here. The caveat launched with URA would probably take few months before the transaction is reflected.

By the way, I did tried to walk from showflat to the MRT, and it definitely takes more than 3 minutes it advertised in the brochure...sigh...marketing...

Petmail
23-02-09, 22:03

i personally tried walking from mrt to back gate and was a leisure walk of approx.3mins and ofcourse depends on where you tried walking thru

Pet

vin002
24-02-09, 07:01
i personally tried walking from mrt to back gate and was a leisure walk of approx.3mins and ofcourse depends on where you tried walking thru

Pet

Hey Pet,

Not saying that you are lying. But there are another person saying that he tried more than 3 min and I am saying 10min. You must be super tall (I already 1.8m).

The block of Queen Condo is already quite a long block which even after you finished walking pass Queen, you still not yet reach the MRT station.

My understanding of 3 min distance are the following Condo: MeraPrime, The Mertopolitan Condo or Queen).

Gordon Yuen
24-02-09, 07:26
Hey Pet,

Not saying that you are lying. But there are another person saying that he tried more than 3 min and I am saying 10min. You must be super tall (I already 1.8m).

The block of Queen Condo is already quite a long block which even after you finished walking pass Queen, you still not yet reach the MRT station.

My understanding of 3 min distance are the following Condo: MeraPrime, The Mertopolitan Condo or Queen).

3 min from Queenstown MRT to Queens backgate? unless u walk extremely slow.

thomastansb
24-02-09, 07:53
Ai yo.. Walking time also must argue.

From the site, if facing the car showflat (you turn left to MRT), I take 8 mins.

From Alexis backdoor facing the track (just estimate only. no idea where is the exact backdoor though), I take 5 mins.

I still maintain my stance that the smallest unit (300 sq ft) at Alexis is for my dog to stay.

gfoo
24-02-09, 09:44
Let's put this talk to rest.

according to google earth, the distance of the walkable path from the designated Alexis main entrance to the MRT escalator to overhead bridge is 600m.

if they build a side gate at the commonwealth avenue side, the distance is 300m.

the average human walking speed is 4km/h or 4000m/h.

It takes 9 minutes at normal walking speed. prob about 12 mins at leisurely stroll. halve this if they build a side gate at the commonwealth side.

proud owner
24-02-09, 10:24
Ai yo.. Walking time also must argue.

From the site, if facing the car showflat (you turn left to MRT), I take 8 mins.

From Alexis backdoor facing the track (just estimate only. no idea where is the exact backdoor though), I take 5 mins.

I still maintain my stance that the smallest unit (300 sq ft) at Alexis is for my dog to stay.

ya lor why are these people arguing over how long it takes to reach the MRT ..when it rains .. 3 mins is considered too long ... right ???

and 300 sqft is dog house hahahah

by the way my master bed room is 1000 sqft .. excluding walk in closet and bathroom ... how much would the rental of my master room be ??? walking distance ..(confirmed) 8 mins to MRT ..

Tony Blair
24-02-09, 10:25
Walk a bit also kpkb!:ashamed1:

gfoo
24-02-09, 10:37
lol. i dun think they are kpkb coz of the walk.

i think it's because huttons was marketing 'right next to MRT' as a key selling point.

it's almost like building a condo in the midst of hdb heartlands in west coast and say 'right next to MRT'

oh wait

i think they have

proud owner
24-02-09, 10:42
lol. i dun think they are kpkb coz of the walk.

i think it's because huttons was marketing 'right next to MRT' as a key selling point.

it's almost like building a condo in the midst of hdb heartlands in west coast and say 'right next to MRT'

oh wait

i think they have

an agent friend of mine who has been in this profession for 15 yrs ..said to me : NEVER MIND FROM BLUE PRINT .. rather wait till TOP when you can see the actual unit .. even if you end up paying higher ..
rather than buying 'cheap' and upon delivery , find yourself having bought a undesired unit ...

i have followed his 'rules' since ..and havent regretted ..be it bull or bear market ...

Property_Owner
24-02-09, 12:05
an agent friend of mine who has been in this profession for 15 yrs ..said to me : NEVER MIND FROM BLUE PRINT .. rather wait till TOP when you can see the actual unit .. even if you end up paying higher ..
rather than buying 'cheap' and upon delivery , find yourself having bought a undesired unit ...

i have followed his 'rules' since ..and havent regretted ..be it bull or bear market ...

Depends, buy to flip most likely a must. Of course there are high risks involved. If doesn't sell well then lose money, if buy like during 2005 and sell before 2008 then can earn. For own stay, your choice. I can't say much.

gfoo
24-02-09, 12:46
This is how big a 350sqft apartment is. the picture taker is backed up to the wall. This unit doesn't even have proper bed, but a sofa-bed at the far end. if you put a queensize bed with a bedframe, it extends out to the middle of the room. Just to give you an indication of how small this is based on the smallest available cheapo simple ikea furniture:

Queen-sized bed: 35-40sq ft
3 Seater sofa: 15sq ft
Coffee table: 6 sq ft
Toilet with shower: 80 sq ft
TV console:10 sq ft
A grown up man standing: 2.5 sq ft
A grown up man lying down : 18 sq ft

Living/walkable space: 196 sq ft

ifhttp://www.escaperental.com/holiday-rentals/city/gowner/gphoto/2278_a.jpg

proud owner
24-02-09, 12:56
precisely like how i put it last time ...

do cha cha ..

3 step forward ..hit the bed ..
3 step back ..... hit dining table
3 step right ... out of door
3 step left ..... out of window

and thats ONE person do cha cha ,.. if have partner ... it will be a difference dance altogether ...

imagine making love standing up ??

noblebaby
24-02-09, 13:10
last weekend visited friend at The Queen, from the swiming pool to back-gate, all the way inside the condo already 2mins+...

3Mins i think is from the Quartz main-gate to Buongkok MRT, that one is called next to mrt.

AK47
24-02-09, 15:35
Some MRT entrances are several hundred meters from the station itself. I think Raffles Place and Orchard are those i can think off. From certain entrances to station already take you 2 mins.

Rapister
24-02-09, 16:18
anyway alexis is nice name leh

smaller a bit i dont mind

introspect
24-02-09, 21:24
Haha... the 2min was taken with Karl Lewis type of timing i believe!

Thing to note regarding distance, that is if you draw a straight line from the property to the escalator of the train station. In reality, one has to follow the 'contour' of the road. Surely, it is more than that! Though, i feel its still a managable walk... :)

Anyone figured the time to the nearby ammenities like Anchorage and/or Ikea? (when i get hungry :rolleyes: )

*haha... agreed as well on the 'dog house', goodness.

gfoo
24-02-09, 21:43

Thing to note regarding distance, that is if you draw a straight line from the property to the escalator of the train station. In reality, one has to follow the 'contour' of the road. Surely, it is more than that! Though, i feel its still a managable walk... :)

Anyone figured the time to the nearby ammenities like Anchorage and/or Ikea? (when i get hungry :rolleyes: )

you bought the alexis for own stay?

gisele
26-02-09, 16:13
Hi all - would like to have your opinion pls. With a budget of 800K, which dev do you think I should go for. I have a family of 4.

1. Alexis 2+1 bedroom
pro - near parents place, amenities and mrt
con - unit is too small, about 750sqm

2. Carabelle 3 bedroom
pro - bigger unit
con - noise and air pollution. not near parents place. no amenities and mrt

3. Ascentia sky 2+1 bedroom
con - may pay the same price as Alexis and is 99LH

Appreciate your comments.

Thanks
Gisele

proud owner
26-02-09, 16:20

Dont forget, behind Ikea, theres ABC market ..where yo can find World Best Hokkien mee ...yum yum ...
and AV Char Siew / Siew York , Aloe Vera milk shake ..

AV car workshop ...

AV Soon Kuey

WOW ALEXIS is good location man ...

propertyguru
26-02-09, 17:07
Hi all - would like to have your opinion pls. With a budget of 800K, which dev do you think I should go for. I have a family of 4.

1. Alexis 2+1 bedroom

2. Carabelle 3 bedroom
pro - bigger unit

Thanks
Gisele

Perhaps it will be helpful to tell us whether you drive, and how old your kids are? Do you plan on expanding the family, or can you conceivably live in this house for the next ten to twenty years?

If you drive, then the MRT can be taken out of the equation for now, especially if your children are still young. If you plan on staying in the place for long and not turn it into an investment down the road, the 99LH may also not matter much.

Anyway, if you check out the comments in this thread, you will find that most people here don't think very much of Alexis. Basically, at the current price of 1000 psf, it's simply not worth it and not a reflection of the difficult times we live in. I don't know much about Carabelle so I won't and can't comment on that, and Ascentia Sky is very much an unknown quantity (unless some people have inside info) for now.

In addition, when do you plan on moving in? Perhaps Metropolitan can be considered in place of Ascentia Sky since it's going to TOP by the end of the year.

propertyguru
26-02-09, 17:10
Dont forget, behind Ikea, theres ABC market ..where yo can find World Best Hokkien mee ...yum yum ...
and AV Char Siew / Siew York , Aloe Vera milk shake ..

AV car workshop ...

AV Soon Kuey

WOW ALEXIS is good location man ...

I don't think anyone is questioning the location. It's a great place, with plenty of amenities, near town/Vivo and major expressways. At the end of the day, the question most of us here are mulling over is whether at 1000 psf, it's worth the money, because you can conceivably get a unit in D10 for that price. And not forgetting of course the floorplans. I love the area myself, but I am not convinced there is much upside to the property if you pay 1000 psf in this current climate.

gfoo
26-02-09, 18:00
Look at the makeup of the people that went to the showroom and bought the alexis. I have this feeling that while some buy to rent out, many are for own stay - their first taste of living in a 'condo' in a 'prime' area. These are not people that can ill afford to lose hard gained money. The saving grace is that the economy recovers before disbursements, and in between no calls for topups, or massive interest rates. If things come to a crunch, alexis is one development that will not have holding power. Don't get tempted by projects that TOP in 3-4yrs. If you want to get something now, look at projects already TOP or are going to. At least if thngs comes to pass, yo can rent out to cover some repayments instead of foreclosing.

If you can afford 1000psf for alexis, top up 10pct more and get post-recovery sure-win areas like orchard and ccr. Queenstown/redhill pre boom was considered suburban. In bad times, it will revert back to that status. Don't get suckered by good marketing

gisele
26-02-09, 20:10
Thanks all for your feedback. Really appreciate it. Sad to say but yes, I have already bought a unit at Alexis. I am thinking of sub-sale now and buy another place as the floor area is an issue to me now. Wonder why it is not at the point of sale. Sigh!

I have 2 kids - 6yo and 1yo. Both husband and I love D3, very convenient and we both grew up in that area. Now staying in the West is a nightmare and we cant wait to get out. Husband is trying to encourage me to hold and emphasis the small area does not matter. Obviously reading the forum here does not help either and I am kind of disturbed by the purchase.

Do you all think I can still sub-sale at the purchase price? Probably not?

isaaclim
26-02-09, 20:26
Thanks all for your feedback. Really appreciate it. Sad to say but yes, I have already bought a unit at Alexis. I am thinking of sub-sale now and buy another place as the floor area is an issue to me now. Wonder why it is not at the point of sale. Sigh!

I have 2 kids - 6yo and 1yo. Both husband and I love D3, very convenient and we both grew up in that area. Now staying in the West is a nightmare and we cant wait to get out. Husband is trying to encourage me to hold and emphasis the small area does not matter. Obviously reading the forum here does not help either and I am kind of disturbed by the purchase.

Not likely. If you can hold, hold it until top.

By the way, what size is your unit?

propertyguru
26-02-09, 20:29

I think it will be hard to sub sell definitely, though you never know! If you have a good unit, put it out there, and who knows? As for whether you should hold, that depends on the size of the unit. If it's livable, bigger than 700 sf at the very least, then no harm holding on. But I must warn you that by the time the project TOPs two to three years down the road, your eldest will already be 9 or 10. By that time he may need more space, so what is livable now may not be livable then. For two kids of about five and ten, I would definitely recommend a space bigger than 1000 psf.

If you like D3, then in the ideal situation, I would try to sell the Alexis unit, and as some people here have suggested, look for a unit in Metropolitan, which is TOPing soon, and which can be had for 800 psf at the most, and perhaps even 700+ psf if the forum people are right. I know it's leasehold, but from the sound of it, neither your husband nor yourself seem to be speculators/investors looking for asset appreciation, so I don't think the leasehold should matter much. You can always move on to a better place in the future, and rent out the leasehold unit, which will give you better rental yields compared to a freehold one.

Try looking at Tiong Bahru condos also; it's a tad crowded these days, but there have been several new projects in recent years, and some older condos which are selling at affordable prices.

gfoo
26-02-09, 20:37
Unless you can afford the cash up front to foot the penalties and forego any deposits, flip it now, even at a slight loss.

if you cannot afford to lose that much cash, stay liquid. you will need the cash to tide you over for the next few years.

When alexis TOPs, you can make a decision. many others will also TOP at the same time, widening your choices.

worse come to worse, stay in the small space.

be cash rich

gisele
26-02-09, 20:50
The floor area is only 73sqm! I cant imagine living in the small space with 2 active boys. Holding to the property is not an issue as we only start to pay upon TOP.

Think I should start contacting my agent to let go of the unit though I really like the area and the fact that the monthly maintenance is less than $100.

Thanks all for your advice again. At least I know what I should do next :)

gisele
26-02-09, 21:01
Hi Property guru

We are not speculators but of course we would like to get a good unit so our kids can benefit from it. Between Twin Regency, Meraprime, Anchorage, Metropolitan and Central Green. What is your view pls? Which one is a better choice?

Thanks

propertyguru
26-02-09, 21:25
Hi Property guru

We are not speculators but of course we would like to get a good unit so our kids can benefit from it. Between Twin Regency, Meraprime, Anchorage, Metropolitan and Central Green. What is your view pls? Which one is a better choice?

Thanks

Hi Gisele, I must emphasise that despite my username, I am far from being a guru. The username just happened to be available, and I guess I lacked originality. So please take my opinions with a pinch of salt. My field of expertise is the law, not property. Haha. As you can see, this is a typical disclaimer from the lawyer-types. There are some out here who have far greater experience.

With that said, of the list you gave, personally, I would opt for Twin Regency. First, it's freehold. Second, you can move in now. Also, it's near the MRT station (definitely less than ten mins walk away). I prefer it to Meraprime because Meraprime is right behind TBP and therefore noisier. Also, if you drive, the road up to Meraprime is a nightmare. They have recently reduced the two lanes into one lane and it can get pretty bad in the evenings. Plus, Meraprime is leasehold. So all things considered, definitely Twin Regency over Meraprime. I have seen Twin Regency floorplans, and they are decent. Unlike some new developments, less space is wasted on balconies and planters. Also, if you get anything above 8th floor, you should have unblocked views in both directions currently (not sure about in the future of course).

Metropolitan is decent if you can get a unit facing Orchard instead of the MRT track. Just be careful that you are not being blocked by the new Ascentia Sky. It's one stop away from Tiong Bahru, and yet equally near to Orchard via Tanglin. I like the location because it's quieter and still relatively less crowded than Tiong Bahru. Of course, Metropolitan is leasehold, so that makes it less attractive.

I like Anchorage. Big, and 999 yr leasehold. The Anchorage thread says there are units going for 800 psf, which seems rather reasonable. Good facilities. Only issue is distance to MRT station. Unless there's a backgate I don't know of, going by the front road will probably take you 15 minutes to reach Queenstown. If you drive though, it shouldn't be an issue. And if you are comfortable with buses, Queensway and Alexandra Road have tonnes of buses that go to every part of Singapore.

If you really like Tiong Bahru area but cannot afford Twin Regency, Central Green is worth looking at. Convenient, but again 99 yr leasehold. If you can get a unit at 600+ psf, that would be good too.

The thing is, apart from the economic factors, what is important is also how you feel toward Redhill and Tiong Bahru. There will be some here who think one should not be too attached to any area, lest you end up paying a premium, but since you have children, you may have to consider schools and the like. There may tip you one way or the other.

Anyway, long story short. All things considered, I would probably pick them in this order: Twin Regency, Anchorage, Central Green, Metropolitan, Meraprime. Hope this helps, and perhaps the other lurking experts would care to chime in?

isaaclim
26-02-09, 21:34
Anyway, long story short. All things considered, I would probably pick them in this order: Twin Regency, Anchorage, Central Green, Metropolitan, Meraprime. Hope this helps, and perhaps the other lurking experts would care to chime in?

Agree. Twin Regency is definitely a better choice then the rest. The swimming pool is good size.

But i sold mine. :(

propertyguru
26-02-09, 21:46
Agree. Twin Regency is definitely a better choice then the rest. The swimming pool is good size.

But i sold mine. :(

For a decent profit no doubt :-)

august
26-02-09, 22:24
for own stay, i would get a place with as much space as possible.. also depends if u drive or not.

my choice (driving):
anchorage, metropolitan, twin regency, meraprime, central green

(not driving)
metropolitan, twin regency, central green, meraprime, anchorage

Petmail
26-02-09, 22:53

1. Alexis 2+1 bedroom

2. Carabelle 3 bedroom
pro - bigger unit

Thanks
Gisele

you only into west? would you mind looking at the east 3bdrm @ less than $800k?

Pet

Petmail
26-02-09, 22:56

which unit is yours? let me check around and see if there's anythin i can do to help you with your unit. you might just wanna drop me a call @ 82818888. thanks!

Pet

Rapister
27-02-09, 08:15
its definitely very small

i dont understand why u even consider buying in the beginning

when you collect keys then you will regret big big

but u should be able to subsell since so many people want to buy alexis

flip and buy caspian lah, big space, built for families

x11
27-02-09, 09:07
sorry to pitch in like this but i too have a budget of the same region of $800K to $900K (max max) ... but i'm looking for a 3 or 3+1 unit ... D5
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=45048&postcount=1

why D5 and not D3? because i think at $800K-$900K i don't think i can get a reasonable sized 3RM or 3+1RM unit in D3 ... but if the experts think otherwise, please post :)

being trying to get the approximate asking prices from propertyguru.com.sg and nationproperty.sg but somehow they seem higher than the psf that are being quoted here in the forums - i wonder if i am searching at the right places ...

honest, its really a headache trying to consider all the points ...
- near MRT (above ground station) will be noisy
- too far from MRT, if one day don't drive then how to go home ???
- near road/expressway will be noisy and dusty
- but near road/expressway will be easier/faster to go home
- L99 may undergo time decay
- L999 and FH usually more expensive

at the end of the day, i guess its a relative viewpoint and what is important is to deal with what is important to you and your family. for me, i know that i need at least 1000sqft. any smaller than that and i cannot do cha-cha at home with my partner :P ... so that's big decision point.

alexis is "near" an mrt station, has good road access, is FH ... all the wonderful points ... but at $1000psf that's rather pricey IMO ... at the end of the day, its a complete package that you are paying for ... everyone is entitled to its own viewpoint and we must take every viewpoint for their merits. i think those who bought alexis must have done it for their own reasons ... for me, alexis has alot of good points but i simply cannot afford $1000psf .... :P

vin002
27-02-09, 10:13

If you really want to sell Alexis, it should not be a problem as it sell like "hot cake". The only issue is how much is your asking price. If you just want a slight profit above breakeven, should not be a problem and you can afford to wait. But it will also depend on your loan arrangement if purchased under interest absorption scheme.

Property_Owner
27-02-09, 10:24
If you really want to sell Alexis, it should not be a problem as it sell like "hot cake". The only issue is how much is your asking price. If you just want a slight profit above breakeven, should not be a problem and you can afford to wait. But it will also depend on your loan arrangement if purchased under interest absorption scheme.

Ask for 50psf more. Breakeven and move on.

gisele
27-02-09, 12:21
Hi Propertyguru, you do sounds like a guru to me, at least :)
I have the same view as you do but unfortunately hubby doesn't. Made him called the agent last nite to sub-sell and he was pushing me to reconsider for another week. Yeah, I do like Twin Regency. Yest ads, there's a 2 bedroom unit to go for 900K and with decent size somemore which I quite keen. Anchorage is good as well and I heard Goh Chok Tong's son is staying there. The only issue is I dont drive and hated the bus so transport will be a prob.

Rapister, I went to Caspian showflat and didnt like what I saw -the pple, no. of units etc. It looks like another HDB to me. And I didnt like the West area in the first place.

Pet, thanks for the offer. I already have a agent, the same guy whom we bought the unit from.

You know what, I really do feel alot better to hear from you guys that I might be able to make a small profit if I've decided to sell the unit.

Anyway, if anyone is interested 2+1 bedroom, 730sqm unit facing the road, do drop me a email.

Thanks all again! Really really appreciate your feedback :)

Rapister
27-02-09, 12:51
heh heh good luck

try not to buy before you think next time

propertyguru
27-02-09, 12:57
I have the same view as you do but unfortunately hubby doesn't. Made him called the agent last nite to sub-sell and he was pushing me to reconsider for another week. Yeah, I do like Twin Regency. Yest ads, there's a 2 bedroom unit to go for 900K and with decent size somemore which I quite keen. Anchorage is good as well and I heard Goh Chok Tong's son is staying there. The only issue is I dont drive and hated the bus so transport will be a prob.

Rapister, I went to Caspian showflat and didnt like what I saw -the pple, no. of units etc. It looks like another HDB to me. And I didnt like the West area in the first place.

Pet, thanks for the offer. I already have a agent, the same guy whom we bought the unit from.

You know what, I really do feel alot better to hear from you guys that I might be able to make a small profit if I've decided to sell the unit.

Anyway, if anyone is interested 2+1 bedroom, 730sqm unit facing the road, do drop me a email.

Anchorage is not that bad in terms of distance to the MRT station. Granted there's no shelter, but it's only about three minutes (200 metres) from Anchorage front gate to Alexis front gate. Then from there, it's about 7 to 10 minutes tops to Queentown MRT Station. I would think that most Singaporeans today still live > 15 minutes from a station. Most have to take a bus to their nearest station. So not all doom and gloom.

I suppose your hubby probably has good reasons for liking Alexis so you may wish to discuss with him further. No point getting Twin Regency if it will make him unhappy on the other hand.

Whatever you choose, good luck, and perhaps you can let us know how things go. People around are generally interested in the direction of the market. All the best!

blackswan
27-02-09, 13:04
Sister:

If want to sell, better to fast hand fast leg cos developer are now taking this opportunity to launch while there is demand. Of course you have seen
that Arte at Thomson/Balestier is launching soon this weekend, The Berverly at Toh Tuck also launching soon...plus many others.

So there will be competition,and what is hot today will be cold tomorrow with so many new launches......2 cents worth.

moonk123
27-02-09, 13:59
Project Name-Alexis
Developer-EC Prime Pte Ltd(Yi Kai Development/Fission Group)
Property Type-Apartment
Tenure - Freehold
Total Units - 293
Completion Date - Est. 31 Dec 2014
District - 3

Description:
A fantastic gem of a location,Alexis being at the edge of the city and right next to be Queenstown MRT Station is both a spectacular home and a sterling investment.

Central to both up and coming Integrated Resorts at Marina Bay and Sentosa,Alexis is just minutes away from Orchard Road and Convention Hub at Suntec City.

It is also only 5 MRT stops from the Central Business District (CDB) and 2 MRT stops to Buona Vista Interchange MRT Station where Fusionpolis & Biopolis Science Hubs are located.

Alexis will be a landmark development for many years to come with its comtempory architecture commanding a presence along the prominent frontage of Alexandra Road.

Alexis has been created with every detail meticulously considered.

All the units have been carefully laid out so you extract the highest value out of your investment.Every inch of your asset is thoughtfully designed for you to optimize your investment value.

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2869/Images/main.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2869/Images/ex1.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2869/Images/ex3.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2869/Images/elevation.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2869/Images/e1.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2869/Images/e1c.jpg

>>> click here for more elevations >>> (http://www.virtualhomes.sg/alexis)

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2869/Images/floor_type%20A22.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2869/Images/floor_type%20A29.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2869/Images/floor_type%20B17.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2869/Images/floor_type%20B28.jpg

>>> click here for more floor plans >>> (http://www.virtualhomes.sg/alexis)

Acer
27-02-09, 14:33
Why u post Alexis information again?

It already posted?

Petmail
27-02-09, 15:50

No worries! Anytime!!!

Do drop me a line anytime should you need any further assistance pertaining to real estate.

Pet

isaaclim
27-02-09, 17:48
Ask for 50psf more. Breakeven and move on.

Ah... 50 psf more? Be realistic. If you thinking of selling Alexis, the outcome is more likely a net losses.

isaaclim
27-02-09, 18:15
Ah... 50 psf more? Be realistic. If you thinking of selling Alexis, the outcome is more likely a net losses.

Negative is at the present moment.

AK47
27-02-09, 18:21
I am not saying you make the wrong or right choice, but you made a choice.

Gisele, before buying i am sure you and your husband would have thought carefully about your choice.

Coming to a property forum, any property forum, you will not hear much postive comments. Any project, you name it.

Going back to your husband that you changed your mind after both of you has agreed to go ahead with the purchase. And probably after reading through the forum negative comments. If i am the husband i would be piss.

The morale of the story. Most women are fickle minded, they can never make up thier mind and easily influenced, hence you never trust a women to make the important decision in a household.

Gordon Yuen
27-02-09, 18:39
Gisele, dont regret and dont be influenced by those negative comments here.

PN
27-02-09, 18:41

If you don't try you'll never know.

When I first sell my hdb. All the agents & buyers told me my asking price is too high. Nobody will buy. My wife & I stand firm. We can see that some potential buyers like the place, some even came down twice but still give me the same expression & say another block selling at 20k less. I told them not all units are the same. Go check out the units (facing, layout, etc) & compare yourself.

Eventually, I still manage to sold at my target price. If you know the strength of the unit, remember to mention that to the potential buyers. Some agents just don't do that very well for you.

For your case, it's not TOP yet but the showroom is still there. Make full use of it since your agent is there.

gisele
27-02-09, 20:36
AK47, you're right. I am very fickle minded indeed. When we purchased our first private apt near the AYE, I was very disturbed by the negative comments in this forum but I do see the points mentioned - the noise and air pollution. I went ahead to sell the unit despite my husband disagreement. In the end, the unit was sold at a good profit and it free us some cash to buy another unit. And now he has agreed that I've made a good decision then. So who is fickle minded in this case?

Gordon/PN, thanks for your kind words. I do and still like Alexis, just the small space is a headache now. Will see.

Geylang OKT
27-02-09, 22:51
Is the girl in the swimming pool naked? :D

AK47
27-02-09, 23:00
Hm...ok now who make the better decision here?

The one that decide to buy it, or the one that decides to sell it?

Maybe we can have a poll here. :)

AK47, you're right. I am very fickle minded indeed. When we purchased our first private apt near the AYE, I was very disturbed by the negative comments in this forum but I do see the points mentioned - the noise and air pollution. I went ahead to sell the unit despite my husband disagreement. In the end, the unit was sold at a good profit and it free us some cash to buy another unit. And now he has agreed that I've made a good decision then. So who is fickle minded in this case?

Gordon/PN, thanks for your kind words. I do and still like Alexis, just the small space is a headache now. Will see.

Petmail
27-02-09, 23:23

my humble opinion.. 1 man's meat is another man's poison... to them small may eventually be alright for you when the time come cos they may have got used to big units that they feel pressurised when buying smaller units...

think it the other way... if the size are say 1000sqft, how much would you be paying. how much do you have to sell it for eventually? how does the rental yield be affected cos you buy at bigger quantum?

i have quite a few clients who were previously very used to big units too.. after many years of buying and shifting houses. they finally decided to move to smaller units. when i asked them why made them had a change in their mindset of moving into small units, they replied me: "after staying so long in big units even though there is always 2 or 3 of us in the house, we realised that there are areas or rooms in the house that 80% of the time we dun even walk there but had always been paying for it though we dun really use it. now i buy smaller units, i pay lesser which translate lesser liabilities as well and a final thing i realised... I fully utilise the entire house that i am paying for!!! It more value for money!!!'

Of course, back to basic again... its individual mindset and ideas on what size is really sufficient and value for money. even my friend staying in a 3bdrm unit with his wife also recently realised after 7 years that they only utilise their master room, living room and occasionally their spacious kitchen but the rest of the other two room had never been frequent more than 10 times over the period of stay their had in their occupancy... they recently bought a 1+1 at newton edge for own stay as the wife is not willing to drive and needs to travel to KK for work everyday.

The decision does eventually lies with you how you feels and what you wishes to do about it.

My two tiny little humble cents...

Pet

Hiroaki27
28-02-09, 01:05

I pity your husband. You don't understand how men think.
Lucky I don't have a wife like you.

Petmail
28-02-09, 02:49

wah... you very fierce leh... haiz... but at least you are pretty frank too..

Pet

Gordon Yuen
28-02-09, 09:35

Gisele, did send you a pvt message. Hope you have read it.

august
28-02-09, 09:54
most of the time,
man tend to be stronger in rationalisation
woman tend to be stronger in gut instincts

in this case, both outcome is the same, alexis not a gd buy hahaha..... oops :o

Gordon Yuen
28-02-09, 10:06
most of the time,
man tend to be stronger in rationalisation
woman tend to be stronger in gut instincts

in this case, both outcome is the same, alexis not a gd buy hahaha..... oops :o

I guess you must have placed the cheque and not balloted :tongue3:

august
28-02-09, 10:11
I guess you must have placed the cheque and not balloted :tongue3:

no wor... wont touch alexis with a 10-ft pole :cutedoggy:

Gordon Yuen
28-02-09, 10:24
no wor... wont touch alexis with a 10-ft pole :cutedoggy:

Marley And Me

gisele
28-02-09, 12:05
Hiroaki27, why do you have to attack me? I make my own decision and sold the unit because I use my own savings and CPF to purchase it in the first place. So what's wrong with that? Same for Alexis.

Gordon, I have not recd your mail. My mailbox is jam, wonder why? Hope I didnt get lots of 'hated' mail from this thread :P

Have a good weekend all!

Rapister
28-02-09, 18:24
haha so your husband is xiao bai lian

hehehehehehehe sad case

PN
28-02-09, 18:44
haha so your husband is xiao bai lian

hehehehehehehe sad case

If you want others to respect you, pls respect others first. Don't go around provoking people. It doesn't do you any good. Believe it or not, there is something call retribution/karma in this world. Take care.

gisele
28-02-09, 20:27
Rapister, you've put yourself so low. I really pity you. There is no need for me to emphasis that both hubby and I have our own investment.

Anyway, I shall not post anymore. There is so few gentlemen here for me to ask for opinion. God bless you!

kgchong
28-02-09, 20:57
Rapister, you've put yourself so low. I really pity you. There is no need for me to emphasis that both hubby and I have our own investment.

Anyway, I shall not post anymore. There is so few gentlemen here for me to ask for opinion. God bless you!

no need to bother about them... they just eng eng cheng cheng... :cheers1:

they are good advisor here....

vin002
28-02-09, 21:06

I agree on the few black sheep around. But don't let them discourange you.

Cheers 8).

Acer
28-02-09, 21:20

don't bother abt him.
Guess he must be 1 of those that not in time to purchase Alexis.

Gordon Yuen
28-02-09, 21:48
don't bother abt him.
Guess he must be 1 of those that not in time to purchase Alexis.

Yes, you are right.

isaaclim
28-02-09, 21:56
Just some info. If you can hold, please do so.

My foreign friends in Fusionopolis and Biopolis are all talking renting condo nearby. One north is one of their main target.

Majority of them are single. So, one bedroom just suit their need.

But i still have to insist my stand. If you sell now, it definitely "below water". Because if was launched not at today's price.

Gordon Yuen
28-02-09, 22:05
Just some info. If you can hold, please do so.

My foreign friends in Fusionopolis and Biopolis are all talking renting condo nearby. One north is one of their main target.

Majority of them are single. So, one bedroom just suit their need.

But i still have to insist my stand. If you sell now, it definitely "below water". Because if was launched not at today's price.

At least you have pointed out one of the advantages of alexis...near to biopolis and fusionopolis.

Petmail
01-03-09, 01:03
Hiroaki27, why do you have to attack me? I make my own decision and sold the unit because I use my own savings and CPF to purchase it in the first place. So what's wrong with that? Same for Alexis.

Gordon, I have not recd your mail. My mailbox is jam, wonder why? Hope I didnt get lots of 'hated' mail from this thread :P

Have a good weekend all!

you have to trust your instinct sometimes... dun worry about what others might wanna think about you. whether like or dislike.. as long not harmful to anybody else it will be good. by the way, if you really selling, please advise me via pm your unit details and asking price so i can help you ask my other clients too. i do have some client looking into alexis still.

Pet