PDA

View Full Version : Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Pages : 1 [2]

Unregistered
04-04-08, 21:25
IT WILL HIT 1000PSF VERY SOON.

agreed...........

Unregistered
04-04-08, 21:25
I think the good luck wish is for those who paid $800+ PSF!

The $700 psf is more reflective of VP's true value perhaps and not the $800+

Hey there, I am the one that got myself a unit in VP for $800+ psf and have NO REGRET. Why are you guys so concern about what other people buy and complain that it is expensive? Let me tell you the truth about purchasing property, if you are still ignorant. Different units within a condo command different price because of the LAYOUT, FACING and FLOOR. I had a LIST of VP units (ranging from $680 - $820 psf) to choose from . YES, I could had easily purchased one at less than $700 psf which is either near Clementi Road or West Cost Road or just opposite CW. I didnot and was willing to pay higher for a unit with a Good LAYOUT & Open FACING. After I got my key and viewed my unit, I have no regrets about the quality of the kitchen and finishing. I even love the resort feeling of the surrounding and I am happily living here now. What would you say next, if you are not living here?

Unregistered
06-04-08, 08:24
Hey there, I am the one that got myself a unit in VP for $800+ psf and have NO REGRET. Why are you guys so concern about what other people buy and complain that it is expensive? Let me tell you the truth about purchasing property, if you are still ignorant. Different units within a condo command different price because of the LAYOUT, FACING and FLOOR. I had a LIST of VP units (ranging from $680 - $820 psf) to choose from . YES, I could had easily purchased one at less than $700 psf which is either near Clementi Road or West Cost Road or just opposite CW. I didnot and was willing to pay higher for a unit with a Good LAYOUT & Open FACING. After I got my key and viewed my unit, I have no regrets about the quality of the kitchen and finishing. I even love the resort feeling of the surrounding and I am happily living here now. What would you say next, if you are not living here?

Just don't bother what people says, u need to believe in yrself. Wait for the Masterplan 08 coming out around June, those sour grapes will disappear form this thread after that. Trust me.

Unregistered
06-04-08, 08:24
Just don't bother what people says, u need to believe in yrself. Wait for the Masterplan 08 coming out around June, those sour grapes will disappear form this thread after that. Trust me.

Hi, do you know something that we don't know??

Unregistered
06-04-08, 08:25
Hi, do you know something that we don't know??

West Coast Circle Line, hint hint hint!!!

Unregistered
06-04-08, 08:25

OMG, huat ah!!! huat ah!!! huat ah!!!

Unregistered
06-04-08, 10:46
What circle line?everyone know west coast station is near haw par villa, and nowhere near west coast.

Unregistered
06-04-08, 20:09
What circle line?everyone know west coast station is near haw par villa, and nowhere near west coast.

Surprise!! Surprise!! Surprise.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 09:34
Yah, i dunno what some people on this forum are talking about! I got my keys early last week and i loved the whole development. Walking thru the development gives you the resort feel that you can't get from most condos. The finishings are nothing to complain about and the location? Yes, it's close to the port but how long does it take to drive to Shenton Way? 15 mins via AYE? How long does it take to drive to Orchard Road? 15 mins via Holland Road? It puzzles me how come people can be so negative about such a great condo. I bought my unit in VP to stay permanently and i'm glad the development turned out as it is now. For those who are hoping for the price to go higher so that you can make a profit, good luck to you. For me, i wouldn't sell it even if it hit 1300psf? What would i get as a replacement? Garden Vista?

Unregistered
07-04-08, 09:37

I live in the area and I own a condo nearby. Let me say we thank you for providing support for properties in our area. But frankly speaking, I was a bit surprised that you would pay 820 psf for VP. I jogged by everyday, and interacted with buyers who received the keys recently. Let me just say, the price is a bit high compared with what the owners think the place is worth. even the owners are somewhat put off by what they saw when they moved in.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 09:40
Yah, i dunno what some people on this forum are talking about! I got my keys early last week and i loved the whole development. Walking thru the development gives you the resort feel that you can't get from most condos. The finishings are nothing to complain about and the location? Yes, it's close to the port but how long does it take to drive to Shenton Way? 15 mins via AYE? How long does it take to drive to Orchard Road? 15 mins via Holland Road? It puzzles me how come people can be so negative about such a great condo. I bought my unit in VP to stay permanently and i'm glad the development turned out as it is now. For those who are hoping for the price to go higher so that you can make a profit, good luck to you. For me, i wouldn't sell it even if it hit 1300psf? What would i get as a replacement? Garden Vista?

Garden Vista is facing as heavy traffic as VP but with one big difference that is GV is facing regular vehicle traffic but not disel container trucks running thru non-stop. Because of this, you can forget about getting an unit at GV
since by the time VP reaches 1300psf, GV will be selling at 2000 psf. How?

Unregistered
07-04-08, 10:00
How what? I will still be staying in VP....

U so hero ah? Want to tell the whole world VP is crap... for what? Got money to win ah? U feel good pissing owners of VP off? U think the world will be a better place because u warned people about something u dun like? The joke is on you my friend. Get a life!

Unregistered
07-04-08, 10:11
Haha, good one! Yah lor, some people got good heart lah, they scared people stay in VP will get lung cancer becoz got many heavy trucks. they scared people take more than 15 mins to reach town. They scared people pay more to stay in condo that dont look like condo. These people got good heart.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 10:46
I live in the area and I own a condo nearby. Let me say we thank you for providing support for properties in our area. But frankly speaking, I was a bit surprised that you would pay 820 psf for VP. I jogged by everyday, and interacted with buyers who received the keys recently. Let me just say, the price is a bit high compared with what the owners think the place is worth. even the owners are somewhat put off by what they saw when they moved in.

Come on lah, don't come and bullshit lah. You think all the buyers are so free to stand outside and wave at you and interact with you???

You must be either a sour grapes or sour durian who have missed the boat last time. Get a life.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 10:59
Come on lah, don't come and bullshit lah. You think all the buyers are so free to stand outside and wave at you and interact with you???

You must be either a sour grapes or sour durian who have missed the boat last time. Get a life.

It is said to see that many owners of VP posted here are so intellectual deficient. All they can do in dealing with negative comments (many of these are factual) is to accuse others either "sour grapes" or "losers who miss the boat" etc. Come on, grow up, if you don't know how to use facts to fight back or to bring out the positive points of VP, don't bother to do anything. You comments did not help at all in improving the overall image of VP

Unregistered
07-04-08, 11:00
When you decide to buy VP, it must be of certain reasons. Now that you've got the keys, either you'll live with it (rectify the defects,etc) or simply sell and move on (until you find your "perfect" home).

Unregistered
07-04-08, 11:13
It is said to see that many owners of VP posted here are so intellectual deficient. All they can do in dealing with negative comments (many of these are factual) is to accuse others either "sour grapes" or "losers who miss the boat" etc. Come on, grow up, if you don't know how to use facts to fight back or to bring out the positive points of VP, don't bother to do anything. You comments did not help at all in improving the overall image of VP

they are not intellectually deficient. they say we are sour grapes or boast missers, and what not, because they cannot defend themselves. they cannot argue the finishings are good, and because everyone knows the finishings are just so so or not good. they cannot say that facilities are good, because they would be laughed at if they did.

All they can do is to lash back and accuse people who disagree with them of being sour grapes. funny thing is that how can people be jealous of such poorly built condos?

Unregistered
07-04-08, 11:34
The VP detractors are the ones who are intellectually deficient. If you scan through the various postings, there are many posts describing the positive points about VP. I will try to list a few and perhaps the others can include the other positive points.

1. Big open space
2. low rise low density development
3. Nice landscaping (some say "resort feel" but this is subjective)
4. Good facilities (I especially like the children's playground in the wading pool)
5. location relatively free from peak hour traffic
6. no need to pay ERP unless driving into CBD
7. not far from MRT (both circle line and Clementi station)
8. located between the current CBD and the new Westside CBD to be developed in Jurong
9. location relatively near Sentosa and Vivo
10. next to NUS, Fong Seng and the prata shop
11. wet market not far away (at Clementi West St 2)
12. supermarkets not far away (West Coast Plaza, Seng Shiong, Clementi Centre)
13. Walking distance to West Coast Park

As for the negative points, there are some points which I think are not in VP's favour;

1. near the container port (meaning a lot of trucks)
2. heavy vehicle traffic along Clementi Road
3. finishing is not great for a Capitaland project
4. some say design is lousy, eg like Army barrracks, HDB, etc but this is subjective

I think it would be more constructive if people in this forum discuss the pros and cons objectively instead of either praising the development to the sky or thrashing it like dirt.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 11:54
The VP detractors are the ones who are intellectually deficient. If you scan through the various postings, there are many posts describing the positive points about VP. I will try to list a few and perhaps the others can include the other positive points.

1. Big open space
4. Good facilities (I especially like the children's playground in the wading pool)
8. located between the current CBD and the new Westside CBD to be developed in Jurong

As for the negative points, there are some points which I think are not in VP's favour;

4. some say design is lousy, eg like Army barrracks, HDB, etc but this is subjective

I think it would be more constructive if people in this forum discuss the pros and cons objectively instead of either praising the development to the sky or thrashing it like dirt.

I find it pointless to argue with those who are not vested in VP as no matter what you say, their objective is to run down the project, be it positive or negative. All I can say is, to each his own, you buy it based on your own gut feel and you must have the self-confidence in yr own judgement.

I've got my keys now and I am enjoying every minute of it at VP. I think thats what is important to me.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 12:04

1. Big open space

I am sure many potential buyers of VP would appreciate your fair summary of many of the positive and negative points of VP.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 12:13

1. Big open space

I think this is a fair assessment. I would add two points, though. first, since it is a low rise project, the ratio of open space to total area is going to be low compared with high rise projects with the same plot ratio. In this regard, VP is not as good as botannia, carabelle or the infiniti. Second, VP is too close to NUS, and thus will become another NUS hostel. Crowding is going to be a problem around the pool. Security may be compromised as well. students pass their keys around and the end result is that anyone can get into the project.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 12:25
any one here know which condo is without negative points and value for money? 1 want to buy now. call me urgently

Unregistered
07-04-08, 12:31
I think this is a fair assessment. I would add two points, though. first, since it is a low rise project, the ratio of open space to total area is going to be low compared with high rise projects with the same plot ratio. In this regard, VP is not as good as botannia, carabelle or the infiniti. Second, VP is too close to NUS, and thus will become another NUS hostel. Crowding is going to be a problem around the pool. Security may be compromised as well. students pass their keys around and the end result is that anyone can get into the project.

Yes, all projects have got + and - values. Do you know that botannia, carabelle or infiniti are very near Jurong Industrial estate and some are very very near AYE?? You cannot deny the fact that pollution and noise will be a major issue to the 3 projects. And they are paying a higher PSF, its going to be difficult for them to sell in the future.

Yes, its near NUS. But did you know that most of the students are all staying at NUS hostels opposite??? BTW, I doubt any of them can afford the high rental at VP which is about 4psf now. Yr argument is really baseless.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 12:32
any one here know which condo is without negative points and value for money? 1 want to buy now. call me urgently

Yes, its at Lim Chu Kang, very serene and peaceful. We will all probably end up there when our time is up.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 12:33
Pool Crowded only first few months,this is usual .Also what security issue with nus Students? mind you, it is NUS students, cream of Sg elites. I will welcome them with open arms, if they do come.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 12:41
Yes, all projects have got + and - values. Do you know that botannia, carabelle or infiniti are very near Jurong Industrial estate and some are very very near AYE?? You cannot deny the fact that pollution and noise will be a major issue to the 3 projects. And they are paying a higher PSF, its going to be difficult for them to sell in the future.

Yes, its near NUS. But did you know that most of the students are all staying at NUS hostels opposite??? BTW, I doubt any of them can afford the high rental at VP which is about 4psf now. Yr argument is really baseless.

Haha, this is funny. VP is only 3000 meters from jurong island, which is full of refineries with smokestacks looming so high that anyone in the west coast and jurong can see them. Residents of VP probably need annual checkups to detect early signs of lung cancer.

Botannia, Carabelle and the infiniti are near the light industrial area of east jurong, which will have a make over after the announcement by Mah last friday. any, the ligh industry in the west will do one no harm, or at less harm than the refineries and petrochemical plants on Jurong island. If the PCB on Jurong island doesn't get you sick at VP, the diesel fumes from the container ship in the port and the semi-trailers on clementi road will.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 12:43
Haha, this is funny. VP is only 3000 meters from jurong island, which is full of refineries with smokestacks looming so high that anyone in the west coast and jurong can see them. Residents of VP probably need annual checkups to detect early signs of lung cancer.

Botannia, Carabelle and the infiniti are near the light industrial area of east jurong, which will have a make over after the announcement by Mah last friday. any, the ligh industry in the west will do one no harm, or at less harm than the refineries and petrochemical plants on Jurong island. If the PCB on Jurong island doesn't get you sick at VP, the diesel fumes from the container ship in the port and the semi-trailers on clementi road will.

by the way, Botannia and the condos near it are about 6000 meters from jurong island, meaning 100% safer than VP, the stellar and clementi woods condo.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 13:16
by the way, Botannia and the condos near it are about 6000 meters from jurong island, meaning 100% safer than VP, the stellar and clementi woods condo.

What a crap and baseless argument. Botannia, Infiniti, Carabelle are all very very near Jurong Heavy Industry with lots of chemical and highly toxic companies. Thats the reason why the place I am working which is very near these condos all have white little dot stuck on my car paint work. I have wax it so many times and the chemical white dot kept coming back.

In the first place, we did not deny the fact that VP is near port and oil refinery and thats fine with us as the busy port and rich oil refinery is good fenshui to us.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 13:21

Your point being? Do you have any hard evidence that there is a higher percentage of the population living in West Coast, Teban Area, suffering from lung cancer and other misc illnesses??

Unregistered
07-04-08, 13:29
What a crap and baseless argument. Botannia, Infiniti, Carabelle are all very very near Jurong Heavy Industry with lots of chemical and highly toxic companies. Thats the reason why the place I am working which is very near these condos all have white little dot stuck on my car paint work. I have wax it so many times and the chemical white dot kept coming back.

In the first place, we did not deny the fact that VP is near port and oil refinery and thats fine with us as the busy port and rich oil refinery is good fenshui to us.

What utter rubbish are you spouting. You are really very ignorant about the pollutants that are emitted into the atmosphere by the chimneys in the refineries & petrochemical plants. For your info. Botannia , Carabelle & Infiniti are 3 kms from Jurong East & the heavy industries is another 3 kms from there. The industries around the Pandan Reservoir is light industries.So get your facts right first before opening your CB mouth.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 13:30
This forum is a complete joke. Populated by LOSERS!!!!!

People who bitch so much about VP when they got no vested interest... LOOOOSERS!!!

People who spend time defending VP against these losers....... LOOOOOSERS!!!

Unregistered
07-04-08, 13:36
This forum is a complete joke. Populated by LOSERS!!!!!

People who bitch so much about VP when they got no vested interest... LOOOOSERS!!!

People who spend time defending VP against these losers....... LOOOOOSERS!!!
Agree and also another category..

People who come to this forum.........LOOOOOOOSERS!!!

Unregistered
07-04-08, 13:52
Agree and also another category..

People who come to this forum.........LOOOOOOOSERS!!!

So everyone is a loser. Including you since you came to this forum too. Actually about 99% of the people who post here are losers. I only come to this forum for the property news posted by the moderators & also some of the photographs & brouchures of new projects.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 16:14
like it or not, already $m homes

Unregistered
07-04-08, 19:12
Buying property is one of the biggest purchase you will ever make in life. There are many factors to consider including proximity to your relatives and whether you like the location just to name a few. So long as you are happy with what you have purchased, don't have to bother about others. Unless you are thinking of making some profit out of it, right location and quality of the development will make a great difference. Lifes still goes on even if ....

Unregistered
08-04-08, 00:08

From investment point of view, location is the most important criteria for long term capital appreciation of property. Sadly, in boom market like last year, even projects with lousy locations were selling like hot cakes and many were worrying about missing the boom and felt the pressure to grab something they can afford. Unless the boom can continue for a few more years, it could be quite risky. For me, I would rather holding cash than buying any one of these projects.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 00:18
From investment point of view, location is the most important criteria for long term capital appreciation of property. Sadly, in boom market like last year, even projects with lousy locations were selling like hot cakes and many were worrying about missing the boom and felt the pressure to grab something they can afford. Unless the boom can continue for a few more years, it could be quite risky. For me, I would rather holding cash than buying any one of these projects.
That's because people are priced out of the better location and got no choice but to buy further out of choice locations, which means that the choice locations are overpriced.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 08:02
That's because people are priced out of the better location and got no choice but to buy further out of choice locations, which means that the choice locations are overpriced.

Why buy private property at a lousy location? HDB would give better value.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 10:13

And the LOOOOSERS continue streaming in......

Unregistered
08-04-08, 10:16
hdb investment? How many property tycoon get their fortune by investing in HDB? use your brain.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 10:34

Better locations are over demanded not over priced. Its all about demand and supply. The market is perfect in that sense. Also,when prices are high more people seems to want to buy and likewise when prices are falling, people shun them.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 10:35

You have made the biggest mistake of yr life to hold cash while the inflation is hitting yr roof top. Probably, you will continue to bicker while others are moving forward in their investment. Feel sorry for you.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 10:38
hdb investment? How many property tycoon get their fortune by investing in HDB? use your brain.

The whole trick is to be EARLY in investing, not in what you are investing.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 10:41
You have made the biggest mistake of yr life to hold cash while the inflation is hitting yr roof top. Probably, you will continue to bicker while others are moving forward in their investment. Feel sorry for you.

Also be wary and nimble. One may be caught by a rapid 'V' shaped recovery.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 12:34
Better locations are over demanded not over priced. Its all about demand and supply. The market is perfect in that sense. Also,when prices are high more people seems to want to buy and likewise when prices are falling, people shun them.

The market is not perfect and does not really reflect the true demand and supply. For the high end condos, especially those at Orchard Road commanding a price of $4000 to $5,000 psf, it is doubtful if the returns on those assets can justify the price. The sky-high prices of these properties are a result of irrational exuberance, not true demand and supply. Although the supply is not high, the demand comes from a very small and select group of investors.

For the mass market properties, the prices transacted paint a more accurate picture of the demand and supply. The supply and demand are from a higher base hence more difficult for either sellers or buyers to control the market.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 13:47

I invested heavily in gold since 2003. Luckily, I was thinking about taking profit and put it in property last year, but at the end decided to stay invested in gold. Now, every analyst turns bearish on property, but I have yet to hear one analyst openly calling "sell" on gold. In short, I made the best decision on life by not jumping into property.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 14:04
I invested heavily in gold since 2003. Luckily, I was thinking about taking profit and put it in property last year, but at the end decided to stay invested in gold. Now, every analyst turns bearish on property, but I have yet to hear one analyst openly calling "sell" on gold. In short, I made the best decision on life by not jumping into property.

No, you are wrong. some analysts predict that gold will drop to 750 usd per ounce from 1000 usd. watch out.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 14:12
No, you are wrong. some analysts predict that gold will drop to 750 usd per ounce from 1000 usd. watch out.

Crowd following is not a wise choice mate.

lakeview
09-04-08, 11:27
Bird-eye views of Varsity Park in the evening. Photos taken in end Mar 2008.

Unregistered
09-04-08, 11:41
Wow, I did not know there is a new HDB project completed along the west coast road. ooops, it is varsity park. sorry.

Unregistered
09-04-08, 12:59
Wow, I did not know there is a new HDB project completed along the west coast road. ooops, it is varsity park. sorry.

im just passby VP forum, why you like to give bad comments on others project which you are not affordable, didn't yr parents teach you manners
and feel sad for yr kids!

Unregistered
09-04-08, 13:06
im just passby VP forum, why you like to give bad comments on others project which you are not affordable, didn't yr parents teach you manners

Just ignore these fools who got nothing better to do.

Unregistered
09-04-08, 14:01

What broken english!!! Now we know the quality of people that bought and live in VP.

Unregistered
09-04-08, 14:13

The outside look of the project is bad? Wait unit you see the side of each unit. It is even worse. It definitely has an HDB feel. Just looking at those rusty railings on the balcony and cheap aluminum sliding doors.

Unregistered
09-04-08, 14:42
The outside look of the project is bad? Wait unit you see the side of each unit. It is even worse. It definitely has an HDB feel. Just looking at those rusty railings on the balcony and cheap aluminum sliding doors.

whose English is worst?

Unregistered
09-04-08, 16:55
What broken english!!! Now we know the quality of people that bought and live in VP.

What made you so sure he bought VP and is living in it now? He started off saying he is passing by the VP forum. That does not mean he bought a unit himself.

Whether or not he is a resident at VP, are you suggesting that because his English is not standard English, he deserves to be mocked? Does it mean that people who speak good English are of a higher quality than those who cannot?

Is the ability to speak good English an indication of a person's quality? I would have thought that old fashion virtues like honesty, humility and being hard-working are more indicative of the quality of a person rather than his ability to speak good English.

You should take a long trip out of Singapore and have a good look at the world around you. Pax America is over. This century belongs to Asia. And if your English is so good, you should be well equipped to read Kishore's book on this topic.

You, my friend, are the one who is (in your words) of low quality.

Unregistered
10-04-08, 09:34
What made you so sure he bought VP and is living in it now? He started off saying he is passing by the VP forum. That does not mean he bought a unit himself.

Whether or not he is a resident at VP, are you suggesting that because his English is not standard English, he deserves to be mocked? Does it mean that people who speak good English are of a higher quality than those who cannot?

Is the ability to speak good English an indication of a person's quality? I would have thought that old fashion virtues like honesty, humility and being hard-working are more indicative of the quality of a person rather than his ability to speak good English.

You should take a long trip out of Singapore and have a good look at the world around you. Pax America is over. This century belongs to Asia. And if your English is so good, you should be well equipped to read Kishore's book on this topic.

Hey, hey, the guy with the broken english is definitely of low quality. He is not only uneducated given his poor command of english, his arrogant attitude belies his poor upbringing. He said: "why you like to give bad comments on others project which you are not affordable." While it is not exactly clear what "which you are not affordable" means, he most likely means "you cannot afford." Who does he think he is? Just because he has money to waste on this lousy condo called varsity park, it does not give him the right to belittle people. BTW, we do have money, but we did not want to spend it on VP.

Unregistered
10-04-08, 10:15
Hey, hey, the guy with the broken english is definitely of low quality. He is not only uneducated given his poor command of english, his arrogant attitude belies his poor upbringing. He said: "why you like to give bad comments on others project which you are not affordable." While it is not exactly clear what "which you are not affordable" means, he most likely means "you cannot afford." Who does he think he is? Just because he has money to waste on this lousy condo called varsity park, it does not give him the right to belittle people. BTW, we do have money, but we did not want to spend it on VP.

Your criticism of his arrogance is a valid point. However, the other criticism equating his poor command of the English language with him being of a "lower quality", whatever that means, is not a fair comment. Otherwise all Chinese-educated persons with poor command of the English language would by the same brush be classified as being of a "lower quality".

That was the point I was trying to raise in my last post.

Unregistered
10-04-08, 10:19

hard to believe u have the $,

Unregistered
10-04-08, 10:27
hard to believe u have the $,

Fully agreed, only uncivilized person talk big and no actions.

Unregistered
10-04-08, 10:33

Save your energy, people of his level of english comprehension would not understand your post. You probably have to write chinese to make him understand your post, as you would have to many Singaporeans who are educated in chinese.

Unregistered
10-04-08, 11:47

It always amused me the most that we have people going to such extend to run down Varsity Park. Its really very comical.

The only reason I can think of will be that maybe that plot of land which VP currently sits on could have been of sentimental value to the stooges. Or perhaps this guy could have lost alot of money on the stock market and is now venting his anger on people who have bought VP which IMO a nice project to stay and to bring up children. People just cannot get a life elsewhere.

Unregistered
10-04-08, 17:11
It always amused me the most that we have people going to such extend to run down Varsity Park. Its really very comical.

The only reason I can think of will be that maybe that plot of land which VP currently sits on could have been of sentimental value to the stooges. Or perhaps this guy could have lost alot of money on the stock market and is now venting his anger on people who have bought VP which IMO a nice project to stay and to bring up children. People just cannot get a life elsewhere.

these people could be agents/flippers who already made a few round via vp and want to buy again

Pink4
13-05-08, 21:28
Agent brought us in to view some units. Blur liao, so many units for sale. But someone rightly said, it has an HDB feel. Very el cheapo looking. But layout quite nice. However, the kitchen sink is facing the stove in the kitchen. Older folks said it is bad fengshui.

iridrium
17-06-08, 23:18
I think there are both pros and cons to varsity park. So no point arguing about that.

My opinion is that for a capitaland development , the quality of the finishes is a bit disappointing.

Lucas
18-06-08, 10:12
Agent brought us in to view some units. Blur liao, so many units for sale. But someone rightly said, it has an HDB feel. Very el cheapo looking. But layout quite nice. However, the kitchen sink is facing the stove in the kitchen. Older folks said it is bad fengshui.

Regardless of what had been said, at least 2 units had been sold around $810 psf and $840 psf in may 08. If ppl like it, they willing to pay.. buying property is very subjective.

Mickey Mouse
18-06-08, 10:23
VP is a 99 year leasehold property. By comparison, Stellar is freehold. However, it appears that the transacted prices for VP is similar to (and for some units, even higher than) that of Stellar. The market speaks for itself.

iridrium
18-06-08, 11:20
VP is a 99 year leasehold property. By comparison, Stellar is freehold. However, it appears that the transacted prices for VP is similar to (and for some units, even higher than) that of Stellar. The market speaks for itself.

That is probably not the way to compare the two properties. One has already TOP and the other has not.

And taking one ,two unit transactions cannot be the reflection of the market.

Mickey Mouse
19-06-08, 11:54
For Stellar, there were 5 transactions reported on the URA website. The highest psf reported was $809 and the lowest psf reported was $707.

For VP, there were 53 reported transactions. The highest reported transaction was at $841 psf and the lowest was $609 psf.

I am too lazy to calculate the median price for both properties but my rough estimate is that the median price for both should be in the region of $750 psf.

The Stellar has 162 units in total. 5 units out of 162 is 3% of the total number of units. VP has 530 units. The 53 transactions in 2008 makes up 10% of the total number of units.

The fact that VP has already achieved TOP would affect the number of units transacted but I don't think that it would have any real impact on the price. In fact, with more units being made available on the market after TOP, there should be more downside pressure on the price.

The transacted prices are based on willing buyer willing seller. I think my comments earlier are not based merely on 1 or 2 transactions and I certainly do not think that my comparison between VP and Stellar is comparing apples and oranges.

Varsity Park supporter
19-06-08, 13:09
Regardless of what had been said, at least 2 units had been sold around $810 psf and $840 psf in may 08. If ppl like it, they willing to pay.. buying property is very subjective.

ya, agree with you. I heard a 2 bedder unit was sold last week at 930psf. Am waiting for the URA transacted price to confirm it. I have been hunting a 2 bedder unit there for the last 1 month and I really do not have any luck in getting my dream home there. Both my wife and myself really like the place for its good layout, its vast land area and its resort feel. To make matter worse, there are only a few 2 bedder currently on sale and asking price is more than 900psf.

iridrium
19-06-08, 13:57
For Stellar, there were 5 transactions reported on the URA website. The highest psf reported was $809 and the lowest psf reported was $707.

For VP, there were 53 reported transactions. The highest reported transaction was at $841 psf and the lowest was $609 psf.

I am too lazy to calculate the median price for both properties but my rough estimate is that the median price for both should be in the region of $750 psf.

The Stellar has 162 units in total. 5 units out of 162 is 3% of the total number of units. VP has 530 units. The 53 transactions in 2008 makes up 10% of the total number of units.

The fact that VP has already achieved TOP would affect the number of units transacted but I don't think that it would have any real impact on the price. In fact, with more units being made available on the market after TOP, there should be more downside pressure on the price.

The transacted prices are based on willing buyer willing seller. I think my comments earlier are not based merely on 1 or 2 transactions and I certainly do not think that my comparison between VP and Stellar is comparing apples and oranges.

Don't you think the total no. of transaction is high for Varsity Park is due to the high no. of units available in the market for sale as compared to Stellar? It is a known fact that units typically fetch a better price near or upon TOP. So how can you take a under construction development price and compared to hyped up TOP development price?

In any case, this is the median price for units transacted in 2008
The Stellar $749psf on 5 units
Varsity Park $736psf on 49 units

I reiterate that the market don't 'speaks for itself' based on a few transactions hitting above $800psf. The property market is information-inefficient, that means some people may not know the real value of the property they are buying and hence overpaid for the development. These people cannot be generalise into the 'market'.

I don't see the need to talk up the market.

For people who are interested, hold on to your horses, the current owners are still feeling the market, after a few months with no offers, price will come down.

Workmanship
19-06-08, 14:06
In the past, I hesitate to commit is because the location of the project is a bit odd. After TOP, I have visited twice and looked at evrything very carefully. Whay really shocked me was the layout and workman ship of the whole project as well as individual unit.

In fact, last week, there was a quarter page piece in the evening chinese paper with photo included talking about someone writing to the press complaining about the problem she faced with her new unit at VP.

There was this hole in the ceiling that she thought developer forgot to close up. A couple weeks after getting the problem fixed, the developer told her that they need to open up her ceiling again because they need to fix up some pipes and only way they can get to it was to make a hole in the ceiling.

Does mean in the next 99 years, every time the pipes need to be fixed, someone has to go to her condo and open up the ceiling? It sounds scary indeed. What is really scary is that what else in the condo are having design faults? Many of my friends live in mass condo projects and I must admit they are have better build quality than VP.

ya, agree with you. I heard a 2 bedder unit was sold last week at 930psf. Am waiting for the URA transacted price to confirm it. I have been hunting a 2 bedder unit there for the last 1 month and I really do not have any luck in getting my dream home there. Both my wife and myself really like the place for its good layout, its vast land area and its resort feel. To make matter worse, there are only a few 2 bedder currently on sale and asking price is more than 900psf.

Mickey Mouse
19-06-08, 14:19
I am not trying to talk up the market. I don't see how my comments here can affect other people's decision whether to buy or sell and at what price.

I also do not think it is fair to say that "it is a known fact that units typically fetch a better price near or upon TOP". There is no evidence corroborating such an assertion. Perhaps there may have been such a trend in the past when the market was flat and a newly TOP project may have attracted more attention from potential buyers.

Also, who are we to say that the buyers do not know the true value of the property that they are buying? Do you know something that they don't? And what is the "true" value of a propery? Is there some other objective test apart from comparing the value of the other recent transactions in the same development or locality?

iridrium
19-06-08, 14:43
Also, who are we to say that the buyers do not know the true value of the property that they are buying? Do you know something that they don't? And what is the "true" value of a propery? Is there some other objective test apart from comparing the value of the other recent transactions in the same development or locality?

That is beside the point I am making here. I agree the true value of a property depends on the buyer. I'm just telling you not to generalise a few transaction as 'market'.

Just passing by
19-06-08, 16:38
In the past, I hesitate to commit is because the location of the project is a bit odd. After TOP, I have visited twice and looked at evrything very carefully. Whay really shocked me was the layout and workman ship of the whole project as well as individual unit.

In fact, last week, there was a quarter page piece in the evening chinese paper with photo included talking about someone writing to the press complaining about the problem she faced with her new unit at VP.

There was this hole in the ceiling that she thought developer forgot to close up. A couple weeks after getting the problem fixed, the developer told her that they need to open up her ceiling again because they need to fix up some pipes and only way they can get to it was to make a hole in the ceiling.

Does mean in the next 99 years, every time the pipes need to be fixed, someone has to go to her condo and open up the ceiling? It sounds scary indeed. What is really scary is that what else in the condo are having design faults? Many of my friends live in mass condo projects and I must admit they are have better build quality than VP.

I am abit surprised you took the trouble to visit VP twice even though you have so much negative thoughts about the project. If I were you, don't waste your time with VP and go somewhere else that is worth your value. Its human nature to react this way, ie. if you don't like or cannot afford the asking price, you will find many reasons to state your claims.

Mickey Mouse
19-06-08, 17:03
That is beside the point I am making here. I agree the true value of a property depends on the buyer. I'm just telling you not to generalise a few transaction as 'market'.

Alas not. My comments were based on all the reported transactions in 2008 for both developments. How can that be said to be a "few transactions"? How many transactions would you require before you would agree that the market values VP and Stellar almost equally on a psf basis despite one being a 99 year leasehold property and the other being a freehold property? Even if you go back to the 2007 transactions, the transacted prices (apart from those purchased directly from the developers) are fairly similar on a psf basis.

Retired Judge
19-06-08, 17:22
This forumer stated clearly his main reservation about the place before TOP was only location of the place. Hence, the negative thoughts came about only after undertaking due diligence by visiting the place twice and probably after inspecting numerous units. So, the judgement is to Workmanship.

I am abit surprised you took the trouble to visit VP twice even though you have so much negative thoughts about the project. If I were you, don't waste your time with VP and go somewhere else that is worth your value. Its human nature to react this way, ie. if you don't like or cannot afford the asking price, you will find many reasons to state your claims.

Lucas
19-06-08, 20:53

Do you know which unit is it? I will be shocked if this news is true.
In an condo, there is such thing as unit's facing, floor level and feeling.
If a potential buyer visit, he/she will sense if it is worth $800 psf or $700 psf . You cannot just generalise take the average transaction price. Do you want to pay $700 psf to stay in one unit that face direct afternoon SUN and noisy construction in STELLAR or CLEMENTIWOOD or CLEMENTI ROAD. OR pay a bit more to buy one the faces open space with no direct afternoon SUN and good feeling?
It is not for another person to judge whether it is worth it or not...
What do you say about ppl who pay $19M for a condo unit in NASSIM PARK recently?

iridrium
19-06-08, 21:01
Alas not. My comments were based on all the reported transactions in 2008 for both developments. How can that be said to be a "few transactions"? How many transactions would you require before you would agree that the market values VP and Stellar almost equally on a psf basis despite one being a 99 year leasehold property and the other being a freehold property? Even if you go back to the 2007 transactions, the transacted prices (apart from those purchased directly from the developers) are fairly similar on a psf basis.

:doh: . If you think the market value for Varsity Park and Stellar is the same based on that few transactions, good for you.

Hopefully, you will understand that there are a lot of factors that goes into defining 'market value'. Especially in comparing a unfinished product with a finished product.

iridrium
19-06-08, 21:04
If a potential buyer visit, he/she will sense if it is worth $800 psf or $700 psf . You cannot just generalise take the average transaction price. Do you want to pay $700 psf to stay in one unit that face direct afternoon SUN and noisy construction in STELLAR or CLEMENTIWOOD or CLEMENTI ROAD. OR pay a bit more to buy one the faces open space with no direct afternoon SUN and good feeling?
What do you say about ppl who pay $19M for a condo unit in NASSIM PARK recently?

Agree with what you said!

Varsity Park supporter
20-06-08, 09:34

Agreed with your analysis above.

I don't have the details of the unit but I heard its a direct main pool facing. Also heard it is a direct noon sun facing. But the buyer just happen to like the pool view.

I am not surprised at the high psf at all as the agent who told me said that these buyer are so called "Blind Mouse", ie. if they like it, they are willing to pay ridiculous price to get their dream home. Looks like my dream of getting a 2 bedder at VP is almost gone but am not giving up as I am hoping for just 1 desperate seller to come my way.

umbrella
20-06-08, 10:07
Noon sun facing is fine for many. It's the older generation that is so against it. In fact, if got good views and noon sun, is much better than block everywhere but no sun. Seriously, u can always draw the curtains for few hrs in the afternoon (3-5pm) and it will be okay. You get to enjoy good views in the morning, late morning, noon, evening and night time. The worst are the people who hv to close curtains all the time because their unit face other units and no privacy and no view to speak of to begin with.

Agreed with your analysis above.

I don't have the details of the unit but I heard its a direct main pool facing. Also heard it is a direct noon sun facing. But the buyer just happen to like the pool view.

I am not surprised at the high psf at all as the agent who told me said that these buyer are so called "Blind Mouse", ie. if they like it, they are willing to pay ridiculous price to get their dream home. Looks like my dream of getting a 2 bedder at VP is almost gone but am not giving up as I am hoping for just 1 desperate seller to come my way.

pp
21-06-08, 02:13
If you had only lived in a unit facing the afternoon sun! No curtains and prayer can help you

Lucas
21-06-08, 09:38
If you had only lived in a unit facing the afternoon sun! No curtains and prayer can help you

Agreed. Not especially during last month hot spell. Unbearable. You will have free sauna session daily. No joke.

Close call
21-06-08, 10:01
Thanks for the comments.
I almost handed the agent a check, but decided to check out the place more carefully after reading your post.
I guess you are right, there are plenty of mass condo projects available at the momment offered better values all around.

Mickey Mouse
23-06-08, 12:10
A few points about the 2-bedders at VP;

All the 2-bedders at VP have a East-West facing. You will get the afternoon sun either in your living room/bedroom or kitchen/yard.

None of the 2-bedders face either Stellar or Clementiwoods. Those along West Coast Road will have their living rooms facing the treehouse whilst those along Clementi Road will face the swimming pool.

Mickey Mouse
23-06-08, 12:11
:doh: . If you think the market value for Varsity Park and Stellar is the same based on that few transactions, good for you.

Hopefully, you will understand that there are a lot of factors that goes into defining 'market value'. Especially in comparing a unfinished product with a finished product.

It seems our debate is on the definition of the term "market". Pray tell how do you define "market" then?

iridrium
25-06-08, 13:19
It seems our debate is on the definition of the term "market". Pray tell how do you define "market" then?

Definitely not based on the few transactions you quote without taking into account of the circumstances, unit layout, unit facing, unit size, development status, etc etc etc etc.

It is very easy to make general comment like " the market has spoken" , it is way harder to substantiate that.

Mickey Mouse
26-06-08, 18:17
Definitely not based on the few transactions you quote without taking into account of the circumstances, unit layout, unit facing, unit size, development status, etc etc etc etc.

It is very easy to make general comment like " the market has spoken" , it is way harder to substantiate that.

Ahhh, you are back! I was just wondering where you went for the past two days, perhaps fervently researching how to answer my question. From your answer, I think it seems quite clear that you were not buried deep in the textbooks trying to find an answer to the question.

While you tried very hard to put down my comments, with respect, I am of the view that you are simply avoiding the question, ie what constitutes a market. If you do not have any firm view on that question, on what basis are you saying that I was wrong?

While I agree with you that there are many factors which goes into determining the value of a particular property, I think the people who sold or purchased Stellar and VP have taken them into consideration when negotiating the price.

And I seriously dispute your statement that my comments were based on only a few transactions. As I pointed out earlier, there were about 53 transactions reported this year on the URA website for VP, which constitutes 10% of the total number of units at VP. I think that ought to give a fairly accurate snapshot of the average valuation of VP.

As for Stellar, unfortunately there were only 5 reported transactions this year. This makes up 3% of the total number of units at Stellar. Of course the average valuation for the Stellar would be more telling if there were more transactions but we make do with what we have. On your own case, how many transactions do you require before you would accept that the market values Stellar almost similarly with VP on a psf basis?

So other than commenting that there are too few transactions, do you have something else more constructive to add?

iridrium
26-06-08, 18:35
Ahhh, you are back! I was just wondering where you went for the past two days, perhaps fervently researching how to answer my question. From your answer, I think it seems quite clear that you were not buried deep in the textbooks trying to find an answer to the question.

While you tried very hard to put down my comments, with respect, I am of the view that you are simply avoiding the question, ie what constitutes a market. If you do not have any firm view on that question, on what basis are you saying that I was wrong?

While I agree with you that there are many factors which goes into determining the value of a particular property, I think the people who sold or purchased Stellar and VP have taken them into consideration when negotiating the price.

And I seriously dispute your statement that my comments were based on only a few transactions. As I pointed out earlier, there were about 53 transactions reported this year on the URA website for VP, which constitutes 10% of the total number of units at VP. I think that ought to give a fairly accurate snapshot of the average valuation of VP.

As for Stellar, unfortunately there were only 5 reported transactions this year. This makes up 3% of the total number of units at Stellar. Of course the average valuation for the Stellar would be more telling if there were more transactions but we make do with what we have. On your own case, how many transactions do you require before you would accept that the market values Stellar almost similarly with VP on a psf basis?

So other than commenting that there are too few transactions, do you have something else more constructive to add?

Haha. Perhaps you think too highly of yourself. There are no textbooks on dealing with people who like to make big statement to try to make himself looks seemingly clever.

I put up my case, you put up your case, seems like your big ego cant take it down.

I say AGAIN, You are not comparing apple to apple, so please refrain from making big statement like " the market has spoken" and turn around and ask me what constitute the market.

The market is not YOU for sure. And to argue with you further will do no justice to this tread. People come in here for information to VP and not for us to argue what consitute a market. If you like , pls start a tread on "what constitute a market".

Mickey Mouse
27-06-08, 11:23
Haha. Perhaps you think too highly of yourself. There are no textbooks on dealing with people who like to make big statement to try to make himself looks seemingly clever.

I put up my case, you put up your case, seems like your big ego cant take it down.

I say AGAIN, You are not comparing apple to apple, so please refrain from making big statement like " the market has spoken" and turn around and ask me what constitute the market.

The market is not YOU for sure. And to argue with you further will do no justice to this tread. People come in here for information to VP and not for us to argue what consitute a market. If you like , pls start a tread on "what constitute a market".

Interesting. When I read your last post, I almost thought you were talking about yourself.

In any event, since you have nothing constructive to add, I think I shall let this debate end here. It was nice exchanging views with you. Perhaps there may be another chance for us to spar again in future.

Cheers.:)

iridrium
27-06-08, 11:43
Interesting. When I read your last post, I almost thought you were talking about yourself.

In any event, since you have nothing constructive to add, I think I shall let this debate end here. It was nice exchanging views with you. Perhaps there may be another chance for us to spar again in future.

Cheers.:)

Nay, I was talking about you. Serious.

fsfsf
07-07-08, 13:27

if your unit has HIDDEN PIPES (which is de rigeur for all condos) then obviously you have to OPEN UP the ceiling to get at the HIDDEN pipes lor. *sigh*.

hhg
07-07-08, 13:32
whose English is worst?

it should be "whose English is WORSE"

gghghgh
07-07-08, 13:35

you are BOTH of "low quality" la. i 've been reading the squabbling in this thread. it's terrible!

joker
07-07-08, 13:40

ok.

urgently!

dddd
07-07-08, 13:47
No!!! what he got is a two wheeled bike with a broken chain.

better than you... at least he got money to buy. you don't have money to buy so talk a lot. boohoo.

kjkjjjjk
07-07-08, 13:50
robot nicer or puppet nicer. which gives me faster promotion. i from india.

I don't think so. Most Indians are able to write using proper english. Unlike you.

dfddffghghjkj
07-07-08, 13:53
The agents wore name tags and ties - who else would wear name tags and ties on Sundays? It is drove past, not drove pass- check your grammar.

Err... members of a parish with a dress code?

Lucas
30-08-08, 15:50

Another unit hitting $841 psf in Varsity Park, even with so much talk about property downturn.
Anyone know which unit is this?
VARSITY PARK CONDO (javascript:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=VARSITY%20PARK%20CONDO&street_name=WEST%20COAST%20ROAD&property_type_code=24');)WEST COAST ROADCondominium1,195,0001,421841Aug-08

Real Estate Pundit
30-08-08, 17:03
Another unit hitting $841 psf in Varsity Park, even with so much talk about property downturn.
Anyone know which unit is this?
VARSITY PARK CONDO (javascript:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=VARSITY%20PARK%20CONDO&street_name=WEST%20COAST%20ROAD&property_type_code=24');)WEST COAST ROADCondominium1,195,0001,421841Aug-08

#03-8X for $1,195,000

waste of time
30-08-08, 21:10
varsity park blardy waste of time. Middle of nowhere, no amenities nearby except uni. Also 99yr

varsitylover
31-08-08, 13:40
#03-8X for $1,195,000

$840psf for new resort living, why not if buyer like it

revieli
01-09-08, 10:59
VP has the second highest subsale transactions after Citylights. Let the mkt speak for itself.

Fire_sale
17-09-08, 11:25
Any fire_sale for this VP ? My agent was telling me VP done at 450ish psf basis caveats at BTimes. Would like to get one if true !

Varsity Park supporter
19-09-08, 15:15
Any fire_sale for this VP ? My agent was telling me VP done at 450ish psf basis caveats at BTimes. Would like to get one if true !

Ya true but bought by me. U want it, I will sell to you at 4.50psf, want??? Tan Ku Ku. Don't like the project also don't give fake psf la. U want cheap, go to little india, maybe have

DTZ
19-09-08, 15:30
Hey Serious.. My agent is from DTZ one leh.. not true ?

xmaz3
22-09-08, 14:29
Yes it was published that it was sold at $450psf recently but because the caveats were only lodged recently when they could have bought it 2-3 yrs back. You then have to check with your agent how could this be true that caveats be lodged only now. No way you can find a unit at VP for that price now.

DTZ_Agents
22-09-08, 15:35
Surprise ! How come that DTZ Agents did not know of such thing. Probably they are trying to talk the market down if you have a property for sale mate ?

Property agent
24-09-08, 12:54
Surprise ! How come that DTZ Agents did not know of such thing. Probably they are trying to talk the market down if you have a property for sale mate ?

If you guys have taken notice lately, very few units up for sale cos those who want to sell have already sold and make $$$. Thats the reason why Varsity Park was the 2nd highest most transacted project after Citilights. I believed there are only 3-4 units left for sale right now, a couple of units for rental. That will be good for resident staying at VP.

Property_Agents
24-09-08, 15:11
Gonna avoid all DTZ agents ! Unprofessional with vested interests !

sf
24-09-08, 15:14
got a 2-bdrm for sale.....any offer

24-09-08, 16:33
got a 2-bdrm for sale.....any offer

650psf - 700psf ai mai

Price_2room
25-09-08, 16:51
Bruddy,,, what price are you looking at ? What floor ? What facing ?

VP buyer
26-09-08, 08:35
Bruddy,,, what price are you looking at ? What floor ? What facing ?

I am also trying to look for a 2 bedder for the last 2 months at VP. I believed there are only 2-3 units left for sale for 2 bedder. All are asking above 800psf, 1 even ask for 920psf which of course is a pool facing and high floor.

Anyone who knows got cheaper 2 bedder, please contact me. thanks.

JasonK
02-10-08, 21:10
To owners of VP,

What rent psf are you getting currently? I am very keen on buying a unit for investment. Thank you

VP owner
06-10-08, 10:26
To owners of VP,

What rent psf are you getting currently? I am very keen on buying a unit for investment. Thank you

Bro, rental is about 3.5 - 4.5k depending on when you start yr rental.

If you check last Sat advert., u will noticed only 1 seller at 900psf. I believed those who want to sell already sold off their property. If you want to buy for investment, be prepared to pay high psf.

My honest opinion of VP:-

Pros of VP - generous surrounding, good for families with lots of kids
- low level units
- affordable maintenance fee
- lots of expats
- few units on sale/rental, good to maintain psf, particularly
during a slump
- nice pool
- generous and spacious basement carpark (bright
and airy
- near NUS, 2 Jap school, polytechnics, SIM etc etc, good for
rental.
- Proximity to AYE and City

Cons of VP - Average quality finishing
- Leasehold
- near the port
- no MRT

-

jan
06-10-08, 16:26
I went to VP twice recently because a friend owned a unit at block 6X. Really like it a lot and my partner and friend viewed it yesterday.

Of course, like what some of you say nothing is perfect. The furnishings of her unit is so-so. While sitting in the living room, the lights flicker on and off throughout. I asked them what's that and was told it was bad electricial wiring. I didn't really like the adult pool and the area is a little too empty with limited facilities.

BUT, I do like the carpark, the low-rise buildings which means low density population. Taking a walk around on a sunday evening to get a feel of it's crowd density is ok. I have seen worse projects with highrise buildings and a lot of people! I particularly like units at certain floors and relax feel. It reminds me a little of SAFTI MI but I think it's still different and ok. The design of the buildings look ok to me and sitting in their house i can't hear much noises from the outside. Location wise i think it's not too bad really. I think it's a worth buy for what they paid for before TOP.

However, I did a little search for prices now and i think it's too expensive with some units going for almost a million for a 99 year project. For 1.2million i can get freehold landed property and build 3 storeys closer to the city. I'm just comparing it with the sale of a loft unit at 1.6m which the agent claimed to be. Not putting down VP, i think it's nice and did try to look for a unit.

JasonK
06-10-08, 21:04
Thanks very much. VP is very beautiful but I have decided to buy The Foliage as it is freehold and also just recently completed.

dadaism
06-10-08, 23:05
would u consider central? Largest price dip
Thanks very much. VP is very beautiful but I have decided to buy The Foliage as it is freehold and also just recently completed.

Leasehold Supporter
07-10-08, 09:29

Jason,

U should not put freehold as a top priority when searching for yr dreamhome. MOre importantly, yr family must enjoy the layout, the practicality, the location etc etc. Did you noticed that there is no yard at Foliage? This is important when you need space to hang yr clothings and do yr laundries.

If you have not noticed enough, most of the units at Foliage are hanging and drying their laundries at their balcony which to be frank, its really an eyesore and a dis-service to Foliage. My 2 cents worth. Happy living.

wasted
08-10-08, 01:04
jan

i doubt you will buy anything, not at varsity park or anywhere.
your points of considerations are just too shallow.

<<I went to VP twice recently because a friend owned a unit at block 6X. Really like it a lot and my partner and friend viewed it yesterday.

Of course, like what some of you say nothing is perfect. The furnishings of her unit is so-so. While sitting in the living room, the lights flicker on and off throughout. I asked them what's that and was told it was bad electricial wiring. I didn't really like the adult pool and the area is a little too empty with limited facilities.

BUT, I do like the carpark, the low-rise buildings which means low density population. Taking a walk around on a sunday evening to get a feel of it's crowd density is ok. I have seen worse projects with highrise buildings and a lot of people! I particularly like units at certain floors and relax feel. It reminds me a little of SAFTI MI but I think it's still different and ok. The design of the buildings look ok to me and sitting in their house i can't hear much noises from the outside. Location wise i think it's not too bad really. I think it's a worth buy for what they paid for before TOP.

However, I did a little search for prices now and i think it's too expensive with some units going for almost a million for a 99 year project. For 1.2million i can get freehold landed property and build 3 storeys closer to the city. I'm just comparing it with the sale of a loft unit at 1.6m which the agent claimed to be. Not putting down VP, i think it's nice and did try to look for a unit.>>

jan
08-10-08, 15:19
Thanks for your concern. I just did and it's better. :)

Unregistered12345
09-10-08, 11:56
jan

i doubt you will buy anything, not at varsity park or anywhere.
your points of considerations are just too shallow.

<<I went to VP twice recently because a friend owned a unit at block 6X. Really like it a lot and my partner and friend viewed it yesterday.

However, I did a little search for prices now and i think it's too expensive with some units going for almost a million for a 99 year project. For 1.2million i can get freehold landed property and build 3 storeys closer to the city. I'm just comparing it with the sale of a loft unit at 1.6m which the agent claimed to be. Not putting down VP, i think it's nice and did try to look for a unit.>>

Pls lah, 1.2M get freehold landed property in D5 and can build 3 storeys closer to the city => u trying to cheat small kids ah? Tell me where 1.2M can do it?

nice but waste of time
09-10-08, 15:03
varsity park is a nice development to live in or experience resort living, but when it comes to investment propects, it is a waste of time.

Ardmore1*
10-10-08, 12:13
Hello everyone. Heard that SG in recession so i came here
to laugh at you guys. Hip hip hooray!

Ardmore2*
10-10-08, 13:44

"..... you need to be technically correct when you post.

Singapore government forecasted Singapore in Technical Recession for Q3 2008 based on July and August figures. We will know the September results by the end of October.

Economists forecast lower GDP Growths for the next 2-3 years. They did not forecast Recession. ....."

News
10-10-08, 13:45

Singapore government forecasted Singapore in Technical Recession for Q3 2008 based on July and August figures. We will know the September results by the end of October.

Economists forecast lower GDP Growths for the next 2-3 years. They did not forecast Recession. ....."
Just f.y.i..

The last "technical recession" occurred in 2002.

The last "recession" occurred in 2001 when the GDP growth was -2.4%.

$1 million
10-10-08, 13:49
i came to laugh at a poor joker like u who cant afford to buy a condo...hahaha

tigersee
10-10-08, 13:52
i came to laugh at a poor joker like u who cant afford to buy a condo...hahaha
Confirmed you are stucked man.

tigersee2
10-10-08, 13:58
Confirmed you are stucked man.
So are you. Ha ha ha!

singapore
10-10-08, 14:03
Oct 10, 2008

S'pore slips into recession

# MTI lowers 2008 forecast to 3%, from earlier 4-5%
# MAS moves to ease monetary policy
# Inflation has peaked

SINGAPORE has slipped into its first recession since 2002 after its economy declined for a second straight quarter, prompting the central bank to ease monetary policy favoring gains in its currency in an effort to confront the downturn.

The Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) on Friday also revised downwards Singapore's full-year growth forecast to around 3 per cent from an earlier estimate of 4 to 5 per cent, citing a slowdown in the global economy and key domestic sectors.

At the same time, the Monetary Authority of Singapore said it was easing monetary policy for the first time in more than four years. It said on Friday it is shifting to a 'zero-percent appreciation' stance and will intervene to reduce "excessive volatility'.

There will be no re-centering of the band of change in the so-called width, the range in which it is allowed to trade, said MAS.

Central banks around the world are loosening monetary policy and cutting interest rates as an escalating global credit crisis that's toppled banks in the US and Europe saps growth.

MTI said the impact of the worsening US financial crisis and the deepening credit crunch had weakened US consumer sentiment, which will affect demand from Asia and the rest of the world.

On a seasonally adjusted quarter-on-quarter annualised basis, real GDP declined by 6.3 per cent in the third quarter after contracting 5.7 per cent in the previous quarter, the ministry said.

While it did not describe the economy as being in recession, a technical recession is generally defined as two consecutive quarters of contraction in economic output.

Economists polled by Dow Jones Newswires had forecast a 0.3 per cent quarter-on-quarter rise in gross domestic product, the value of goods and services produced in the economy.

Singapore's last technical recession occurred in 2002 while the most recent full-scale recession was in 2001, when the economy contracted 2.4 per cent during the year.

Compared with the third quarter of last year, the ministry said Singapore's economy contracted by 0.5 per cent in real terms, against 0.8 per cent expansion foreseen in the Dow Jones poll.

In August the government had revised down its full-year GDP forecast to 4.0-5.0 per cent but since then, external economic conditions have deteriorated more than expected and some sectors of the economy have weakened significantly because of industry-specific or domestic factors, the ministry said.

'Singapore's export-oriented sectors, such as manufacturing, will be affected,' it added.

Last year the economy expanded 7.7 per cent but after years of growth, signs of a slowdown emerged with recent disappointing trade data and contractions in the important manufacturing sector, which includes the export-dependent electronic and pharmaceutical industries.

In August, key non-oil domestic exports fell for the fourth straight month, with electronic shipments continuing a decline begun in February 2007, while manufacturing dropped by 12.2 per cent.

The August fall in output followed a 21.5 per cent decline the previous month.

The government's preliminary third-quarter GDP estimates are based largely on data from July and August, and are subject to revision.

Inflation peaks
Inflation, which reached a 26-year high earlier this year, has peaked, said MAS. Consumer prices will rise between 6 per cent and 7 per cent this year, and gains will ease to between 2.5 per cent and 3.5 per cent in 2009, it predicted.

'Against the backdrop of a weakening external economic environment and continuing stresses in global financial markets, the growth of the Singapore economy is expected to remain below potential in the period ahead,' said MAS.

'Inflation is expected to trend down in 2009 as the global and domestic economies slow.'

Exports slump
Singapore's US$161 billion (S$239 billion) economy declined 0.5 per cent last quarter from a year earlier, compared with a revised 2.3 per cent gain between April and June.

Growth has deteriorated as a slump in export demand forced factories to cut production, tourist arrivals faltered and a real-estate boom ended, reported Bloomberg news.

The island's manufacturing industry, which accounts for a quarter of the economy, contracted 11.5 per cent last quarter from a year earlier, compared with a revised 4.9 per cent drop in the previous three months, according to today's report.

Singapore's government expects exports to decline as much as 4 per cent this year, and the island's shipments of electronics goods have fallen for 19 consecutive months.

Financial services
Services climbed 6.1 per cent in the third quarter from a year earlier, slowing from a 7 per cent pace in the previous three months. The city-state will probably miss a government target of 10.8 million visitors in 2008, the tourism board said on Sept 23, after visitor arrivals dropped 7.7 per cent in August.

'The financial services sector is likely to see slower growth in the coming months as the ongoing global financial crisis has heightened uncertainties for sentiment-sensitive segments such as stocks trading and fund management activities,' said MIT.

The construction industry grew 7.8 per cent, easing from a revised rate of 19.8 per cent in the previous quarter.

Singapore's benchmark Straits Times Index slumped 7.3 per cent to its lowest level since November 2004 on Friday in opening trade after the economic data and policy statement.

The Singapore dollar rose to $1.4724 per US dollar after the central bank's announcement compared with $1.4780 as traders adjusted positions after the widely expected move. -- AFP, REUTERS

Question
10-10-08, 14:15

Just f.y.i..

The last "technical recession" occurred in 2002.

The last "recession" occurred in 2001 when the GDP growth was -2.4%.

Oct 10, 2008

The government's preliminary third-quarter GDP estimates are based largely on data from July and August, and are subject to revision.

The Singapore dollar rose to $1.4724 per US dollar after the central bank's announcement compared with $1.4780 as traders adjusted positions after the widely expected move. -- AFP, REUTERS
So these are preliminary numbers based on data from July and August. When can we get the final GDP figure?

If Q4 growth is higher than Q3 growth, does that mean we need another 2 slowing quarters after Q4 to get another technical recession?

Goldenage
10-10-08, 17:23
Is this the golden age that is being preached ? The data cannot be right.. Else he cannot be wrong..

UnregĄstered
11-10-08, 01:58
Is this the golden age that is being preached ? The data cannot be right.. Else he cannot be wrong..
His golden age is next 5 to 10 years. Now only 5 to 10 months. You can't fault him, can you?

2008 is around +3.0.
If 2009 is + and 2010 onwards are also +, then you surely cannot fault him.

moonk123
19-11-08, 10:44
hi,
u can view the surrounding with 720 degree virtual tour from this website
http://www.virtualhomes.sg/varsityparkcondo

stalingrad
09-12-08, 09:25
saw an ad for a VP unit for $650 psf. It is way down from $800 psf only six months ago.

But will the owners lower the price to $500 to move the inventory? You cannot sell an unit for more than $600 psf in this market.

proud owner
01-04-09, 14:24
last transaction shown in URA caveat for feb 2009 was 650 - ish psf ...

i asked for a valuation from a bank yesterday and was quoted 450 psf ...????????????????????

stalingrad
01-04-09, 16:11
last transaction shown in URA caveat for feb 2009 was 650 - ish psf ...

i asked for a valuation from a bank yesterday and was quoted 450 psf ...????????????????????

Now that is interesting. Why? the bank being conservative? or perhaps the bank knows something we don't know.

or just because this is a shitty condo with poor workmanship and design. yes, i notice that the railings on the balcony are made of wrought iron, and make each unit look like a monkey cage. the linear design, with units lined up perfectly, also make the condo looks like low cost public housing.

but surely the bank should be able to lend at more than 500 psf.

proud owner
01-04-09, 16:30
Now that is interesting. Why? the bank being conservative? or perhaps the bank knows something we don't know.

or just because this is a shitty condo with poor workmanship and design. yes, i notice that the railings on the balcony are made of wrought iron, and make each unit look like a monkey cage. the linear design, with units lined up perfectly, also make the condo looks like low cost public housing.

bank said they got the valuation from DTZ ...
that leads me to think that its total bias ..

if DTZ wants to sell the expensive orchard condo ..they can give at 1500 psf valuation ..then they price will never fall below that ..

if DTZ has no interest to sell, say Valley park ...they give a valuation of 650 psf ... even when the latest transaction was almost 900 psf ..

what can you do ??

i just find it strange and manipulative

stalingrad
01-04-09, 16:40
varsity park is a large project. Some units are worse than others, like those along the clementi road and those along west coast road. Those surely suffer from noise and polluion. But the units in the middle facing the pool should be okay. except that the workmanship is so poor. some people even paid more thanf 800 psf in 2007 and 2008 to buy units on resale market. crazy.

we checked the condo out at its 2003 or 2004 launch, and did not buy. The reason is that it is so close to NUS, and we were afraid it would become a student hostel. Our prediction has been pretty much borne out. I could see a lot of renters are NUS students, many foreign.

Interestingly, the original launch price was 450 psf. DTZ probably thinks the recession will wipe out all the recent gain in valuation.

PropertiesHunter
02-04-09, 16:39
varsity park is a large project. Some units are worse than others, like those along the clementi road and those along west coast road. Those surely suffer from noise and polluion. But the units in the middle facing the pool should be okay. except that the workmanship is so poor. some people even paid more thanf 800 psf in 2007 and 2008 to buy units on resale market. crazy.

we checked the condo out at its 2003 or 2004 launch, and did not buy. The reason is that it is so close to NUS, and we were afraid it would become a student hostel. Our prediction has been pretty much borne out. I could see a lot of renters are NUS students, many foreign.

Interestingly, the original launch price was 450 psf. DTZ probably thinks the recession will wipe out all the recent gain in valuation.

Another passenger, walk pass and comment. I been following his thread from Start of Pasir Panjang to West coast. Just now he say Maylea too small, now Varsity Park too BIG and will obtain noise and pollution.
Move on passenger .:tongue3:

stalingrad
02-04-09, 17:05
When did I say that Varsity Park is too large? Large projects are good. Don't put words in my mouth. Large projects are better and in higher demand because these projects offer more room for kids to roam and to ride bikes on. Also, the maintenance fees are low.

When I talked about pollution and what not, I was commenting on the other guy's remark that banks will issue loans at $450psf to buyers of varsity park. What I said had nothing to do with whether VP is large or not.

I do think that maylea is a shitty project with no upside potential.

darkromeo
02-04-09, 17:07
I think Stellars will be much better because of smaller projects and FREEHOLD. ANd the price just 50psf differences!

stalingrad
02-04-09, 17:10
I think Stellars will be much better because of smaller projects and FREEHOLD. ANd the price just 50psf differences!

You are wrong. people like VP better because it is larger and more pleasant to live in. Imagine what you kids would do if you live in the stellar. Nothing, there is nothing for kids to do there except swimming. but young kids are not to be left alone in the pool. in this regard, VP is much better. That explains why the gap in pricing is so narrow.

teresa
02-04-09, 19:09

Stalingrad, If I were you, I would stop all the malicious bashing as what you write above may have legal implication for spreading lies and untrue information.

stalingrad
03-04-09, 09:42
Stalingrad, If I were you, I would stop all the malicious bashing as what you write above may have legal implication for spreading lies and untrue information.

what lies? what untrue information? Aren't the balcony railings made of wroght iron that seemed to be rusty even before TOP? Aren't the layout of the apartment blocks entirely linear? isn't the workmanship so shitty that some owners complained about puddles after a rain on the trail and water seeping though the ceiling?

What legal implications? If what I said is true, why should I be sued?

PropertiesHunter
03-04-09, 10:16
what lies? what untrue information? Aren't the balcony railings made of wroght iron that seemed to be rusty even before TOP? Aren't the layout of the apartment blocks entirely linear? isn't the workmanship so shitty that some owners complained about puddles after a rain on the trail and water seeping though the ceiling?

Why you are a liar, look at at psf price between Maylea and VP latest trans price U know why. You think buyer are a fool like u. Location make the count today.

proud owner
03-04-09, 10:37
Why you are a liar, look at at psf price between Maylea and VP latest trans price U know why. You think buyer are a fool like u. Location make the count today.

to make a fair statement ..

i think a great amount sporean are still cash rich ...
those who needs a place .. can afford... really dont mind buying now .. SO LONG AS THEY ARE NOT BUYING AT 2008 PRICE ..

problem now is that banks (valuer) are not giving a 'fair' valuations, to safeguard themselves, as they have no knowledge of the buyer's financial background .

i heard from a friend in a local bank that they slash 20 pct of the 'real' valuation upon any enquiry ..

and if buyers still come back ..with credentials ...then they can make adjustment ..closer to real value ..and awards closer to 80 pct loans, depending of their ability to service the loan...

i think if you just call up any local bank now and give your own address (maylea or VP)..without providing any info on your financial stauts .. you will be surprised at their valuations ... probably way off last transactions ..

teresa
03-04-09, 10:44

stalingrad, u need not defend yourself for what you have dish out from all your comments in this forum. Do not think you can hide behind your PC without being caught, u will be very sorry for that. If you still continue to make "deliberate misinformation" on all other properties except Carabelle, u will be brought to court soon. I am sure you are wise enough not to cross that "boundary".:tsk-tsk:

stalingrad
03-04-09, 10:47
stalingrad, u need not defend yourself for what you have dish out from all your comments in this forum. Do not think you can hide behind your PC without being caught, u will be very sorry for that. If you still continue to make "deliberate misinformation" on all other properties except Carabelle, u will be brought to court soon. I am sure you are wise enough not to cross that "boundary".:tsk-tsk:
You still have not told me what I said that was untrue. If what I said about each condo is true, why should I be sued. tell me. don't use scare tactic, just give me an example of deliberate misinformation that I gave. One, just one. One would be enough.

if you cannot give even one example, then back off, sis.

teresa
03-04-09, 12:41
You still have not told me what I said that was untrue. If what I said about each condo is true, why should I be sued. tell me. don't use scare tactic, just give me an example of deliberate misinformation that I gave. One, just one. One would be enough.

if you cannot give even one example, then back off, sis.

I am surprised you still have the guts to challenge me.:doh: BTW, I have got my Lawyer friend to vet through all your 69 posts in this forum and this is what he have got to say to you, "YOU ARE IN DEEP TROUBLE". Either the developers or any of the owners can land you in court for "Deliberate Misinformation". U deliberately and systematically crafted your replies to talk only good things about Carabelle and used "malicious" wordings in all your bad posts with the intent to bring down the rest of the projects that does not concern you.

Anyway, I rest my case and not waste my time on you. Take care.

stalingrad
03-04-09, 12:46
I am surprised you still have the guts to challenge me.:doh: BTW, I have got my Lawyer friend to vet through all your 69 posts in this forum and this is what he have got to say to you, "YOU ARE IN DEEP TROUBLE". Either the developers or any of the owners can land you in court for "Deliberate Misinformation". U deliberately and systematically crafted your replies to talk only good things about Carabelle and used "malicious" wordings in all your bad posts with the intent to bring down the rest of the projects that does not concern you.

yeah, I am scared. I am shitting in my pants.

by the way, I am still waiting for you to show anything that I have said that is untrue.

teresa
03-04-09, 12:48
yeah, I am scared. I am shitting in my pants.

by the way, I am still waiting for you to show anything that I have said that is untrue.

The timing of your reply shows that you are very very afraid, waiting patiently for my reply. I've got you. Take care cos u need it much.

stalingrad
03-04-09, 12:52
The timing of your reply shows that you are very very afraid, waiting patiently for my reply. I've got you. Take care cos u need it much.

No, I am waiting patiently because I know you have a leaky ceiling and you couldn't reply to my post immediately. I waited also because I knew there are monkeys on your balcony thinking they have found a new home, given the wrought iron railings. haha, nice talking to you sis.

proud owner
03-04-09, 14:49

seriously teresa ... i am no friend of stallingrad .. but i really see nothing really wrong with what he /she has said ...

it does look like wrought iron .. ... i also think the roof looks abit weathered ..the color makes it appear so ...

perhaps soemone from VP ... if geniunely has leaking roof ...pls voice out ... is there any ??

or anyone else who has friends living there that can verify ?

stalingrad
03-04-09, 16:22
seriously teresa ... i am no friend of stallingrad .. but i really see nothing really wrong with what he /she has said ...

it does look like wrought iron .. ... i also think the roof looks abit weathered ..the color makes it appear so ...

perhaps soemone from VP ... if geniunely has leaking roof ...pls voice out ... is there any ??

or anyone else who has friends living there that can verify ?

I am no friend of proud owner. But there is an article in Straitstimes about an owner complaining about the shoddy workmanship in VP. I forget what she was complaining about. Either the roof or ceiling. another forummer who lived there used the work "shocked" to describe how he felt after moving in.

But as I said elsewhere, VP do have pluses, one of which is large open space for kids to ride bikes on or play hide and seek. We did not buy because was likely to become a student hostel, and we were right about that. there are tons of NUS students livining there now.

shichida9332
03-04-09, 16:28
:doh: teresa, wat's wrong with u, cant anybody in the forum comments abt VP?

Add me in if you sending any lawyer letter to anybody :scared-4:

pweesng
01-06-09, 15:20

hee hee... Teresa, what you did was kinda childish leh..

It sounds like some of the engagement i have been reading at Sammyboy forum. "Oh! you better becareful, my dad is a policemant, and i will send him to catch you!"

I think the beauty of a forum on internet is anyone should be allowed to say what they want. If you are buying a unit in VP, and you are put off just because of what he says, then i rest my case.

Anyway, i have a unit at VP. The balcony is indeed iron wought. Not that i got anything against it. But what he say is perfectly true.

I did experience some workmenship problem, but they were nothing that i haven't experience in other properties.

I don't have a leaking roof. But it doesn't mean that others don't

the only thing that i have experience so far that is new to me was, one day, the tenant complained that there were squeaking sound from the aircon.... when i sent the repairman to check it out... it turns out a bat was stuck in there....

please don't sue me...

apple3
04-06-09, 03:32

Hahahha... What kind of postings is this? Can't swallow, can't rebuke, so resort to legal threat? And you bother to count 69 posts with a lawyer that is free enough to scrutinise all of them? Are you sure?

Well, I guess a lot of us here would love to see just an example of how stalingrad's postings could have quantify your accusation of "Delibrate Misinformation".

Why rest the case? Bring it on!

Regulators
04-06-09, 09:39
I think someone could either be having PMS or going through menopause...
:doh: :doh: :doh:

Hahahha... What kind of postings is this? Can't swallow, can't rebuke, so resort to legal threat? And you bother to count 69 posts with a lawyer that is free enough to scrutinise all of them? Are you sure?

Well, I guess a lot of us here would love to see just an example of how stalingrad's postings could have quantify your accusation of "Delibrate Misinformation".

Why rest the case? Bring it on!

chanys
14-07-10, 01:14
I have read all 21 pages of this thread in one sitting, and I've got one basic question: VP prices has increased 50% from April-09 till Jun-10. Why?

From the posts in this thread, I understand this project was sold out when launched, at about 450psf. Prices then doubled to 800++psf. So obviously there's very strong interest in this project.

I'm wondering whether the primary reason for the huge capital appreciation is because:
1. It's near to NUS so a lot of people buy for investment because it's easy to rent out? And in view of this, other aspects such as not-so-ideal workmanship, etc. are glossed over?
2. Another reason is because there's about 400++ units so a lot of resale activity thus helping capital appreciation?

The transactions are almost all more than $1million. So the reason of low quantum thus more transactions is also not true.

Thanks, I'm just trying to learn.

proud owner
14-07-10, 01:23
I have read all 21 pages of this thread in one sitting, and I've got one basic question: VP prices has increased 50% from April-09 till Jun-10. Why?

From the posts in this thread, I understand this project was sold out when launched, at about 450psf. Prices then doubled to 800++psf. So obviously there's very strong interest in this project.

I'm wondering whether the primary reason for the huge capital appreciation is because:
1. It's near to NUS so a lot of people buy for investment because it's easy to rent out? And in view of this, other aspects such as not-so-ideal workmanship, etc. are glossed over?
2. Another reason is because there's about 400++ units so a lot of resale activity thus helping capital appreciation?

The transactions are almost all more than $1million. So the reason of low quantum thus more transactions is also not true.

Thanks, I'm just trying to learn.

its the first NEW project in that area ... launched at the low ..

subsequently when mkt picked up ..and more new projects around there .. its price also went up ..

then came all the enbloc in 06-07 ..resulted in a 'shortage' ..
and VP TOP at the perfect timing ..

it does have nice landscaping etc .. and big land ..

despite being 99 LH ..it is trading almost on par to its neighbour The Stellar .. which was awarded for its design .. Stellar is a much smaller project.. so i would say fewer transactions

as for rental .. it did command good yield as it TOP at the very best timing.

right now i am not sure whats the rental like .. but with so many projects there alreasdy TOP .. it shud be pretty even ...

jlrx
14-07-10, 02:09

The reason is PROPERTISM.

PROPERTISM Rule No. 1 - Property prices always go up in the long term hence properties should only be bought and not sold.

While VP has increased by 50% from April 2009 to June 2010, Goodrich Park has increased by 120% from April 2009 to June 2010.

PROPERTISM Rule No. 2 - Land is more valuable than air.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=101510&postcount=4

chanys
14-07-10, 07:24
Thanks proud_owner; putting VP in the historical contexts of 06-07 years and it being launched before other nearby condos definitely helps. I noticed that you had a unit at Stellar, why did you decide to sell it? You've also mentioned that it's alright for one's first investment property to be 99LH, but thereafter, it should preferably be FH. Why is it ok for first investment to be 99LH? Hope to learn, many thanks.

The current psf of VP and Stellar are comparable, though the April-09 price of VP is much lower than Stellar. Thus, VP had risen by 50%, while Stellar had "only" risen by 25%. I'm trying to guess that a possible reason is simply because VP was launched at a much lower price than Stellar, and Stellar owners simply refused to sell below what they had paid for it. Also, after going through the thread on Stellar, I guess possible reasons that limit the psf of Stellar includes: located at busy junction, smaller area thus lesser facilities, and units very close to one another.

I guess my aim here is to understand what makes for capital appreciation and I think VP and Stellar are two interesting examples to look at, since they are very close to each other.

Cheers!

kumkeet
14-07-10, 17:16
Take a walk into VP and Stellar and straight away you'll understand why one is more popular than the other.
IMO VP is one of the nicest properties in that stretch. (And I am not a unit owner).