PDA

View Full Version : Rosewood Suites (D25, 99 years, EL Development)

kel2505
10-10-08, 19:57
Dear All,

There will be a new condo in Rosewood Drive area coming up soon.
Preview will be coming this month.

It is a 99yrs leasehold condo with full facilities. There will be 200 units comprising of 1 Bedroom - 4 Bedrooms Penthouse.

Prices will be $6xx psf. Priced to sell!

If you are interested and would like more details, feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Cheers,
Kelvin
Propnex

toaler
10-10-08, 22:11
time to tighten belts! :(

bliss
11-10-08, 00:00
Do not over commit.

Wah Lau
13-10-08, 22:58
wah lau, 200 units in this kind of cock locatn n 99y sme mre how to market? If ths dev is a sellout pig will soar into the sky

Unreg¡stered
14-10-08, 00:12
Do not over commit.
Do not don't buy too.

anywhere but...
14-10-08, 16:20
buy anywhere in central but not anywhere else...

Do not don't buy too.

Question
14-10-08, 17:35
buy anywhere in central but not anywhere else...
What is central?
D1, D2, D3, D4, D7, D8, D9, D10 and D11?

CCR N RCR
14-10-08, 19:30
core central region and rest of central region. Look at URA website n u cn c it. These areas r the blue chips in pty
What is central?
D1, D2, D3, D4, D7, D8, D9, D10 and D11?

Bad investment
19-10-08, 15:02
Woodland condos depreciate very fast and very hard to sell.
Too much competition in mass market segment in that area.

Look at Woodsvale. At 500$ psf also cant find buyers.
Casablanca 2 room selling for 500K.

Worst possible time to launch a new condo in Woodland.

spin
31-10-08, 20:55
Any comments on Rosewood Suites?

Visited the showflat and came away quite impressed with the place on the whole. The condo comes equipped with a full suite of amenities including a 50m lap pool. Located along Rosewood Drive, the neighbourhood is very tranquil and serene despite being walking distance to Causeway Point and the Woodlands MRT.

We are looking at either a 2+1 or 3 bedroom in the North so as to be near our parents and Rosewood Suites appears to fit the bill and more importantly our pockets (prices ranging from $580 - $650 psf)! With a 2+1/ 3-bedroom starting from <500K, the place seems affordable and value for money.

The only reservation I have is that the developer EL Development is relatively unfamiliar to me.

Any comments on the developer EL Development?

jazzzz
04-11-08, 21:05
My wife and I finally placed a deposit for one of the units during the weekend sales preview after much deliberation. Honestly, it was quite painful having to fork out so much money for the deposit but we really love the development for its excellent location in Woodlands, resort ambience with its generous water features and comprehensive suite of amenities including a basketball court. However, what really sealed the deal for us was the attractive pricing of approx $560 psf!

Hope to hear from more Rosewood Suites owners/ potential owners on what they like about the development. Let’s keep this thread going!

Spin, did you get a unit in the end?

jazzzz
04-11-08, 21:07
My wife and I finally placed a deposit for one of the units during the weekend sales preview after much deliberation. Honestly, it was quite painful having to fork out so much money for the deposit but we really love the development for its excellent location in Woodlands, resort ambience with its generous water features and comprehensive suite of amenities including a basketball court. However, what really sealed the deal for us was the attractive pricing of approx $560 psf!

Hope to hear from more Rosewood Suites owners/ potential owners on what they like about the development. Let’s keep this thread going!

Spin, did you get a unit in the end?

cheeze
08-11-08, 18:42
Hi jazzz & spin, glad to see a thread on Rosewood Suites! We've also booked a unit there.

Well, here’s my take on what I like about this development:

1) Absolute price of the unit that we like is within my budget (between 600k to 650k)

2) Price per square foot is very reasonable at $550++ psf for a 2/ 3 bedroom.

3) We find the development to very appealing for the following reasons:-
- Good location in Woodlands (walking distance to Woodlands MRT and Causeway Point shopping mall are big draws for us).
- Efficient layout means I’m getting greater value for my dollar
- Full amenities and nice modern facade
- Medium size project with only 200 units avail. Most mass market projects these days such as Livia and Clover have > 600 units each. Imagine, if I were to assume a very conservative 3 residents per household unit, I’ll be looking at vying with 1,800 people for the use of the pool or gym during the weekends!
- Rosewood area and nearby woodgrove are designated for private property development only. This translates into greater exclusivity for residents.

4) Monthly maintenance fee at $210 (2 bedroom) and $245 (3 bedroom) is very reasonable when compared to HDB conservancy fees (including parking) of $160+ since I’ll get to enjoy the use of the lap pool, gym and an overall nicer living environment.

Hope I'm not too late in replying to this thread. See you around neighbours!

optraman
10-11-08, 17:14
Hi Cheeze,

Can you share what size of the unit (2 or 3 bedroom) that you book and the price ?

I was there the last weekend (9 Nov) but was quoted by the Agent around 780K for a 3 bedroom unit (about 1300 sqf) which is non pool facing. Turn out to be about $600 / sqf.

Anyone close at 500 - 550/ sqf. Please share

Rosemary
11-11-08, 02:21
1) Absolute price of the unit that we like is within my budget (between 600k to 650k)

2) Price per square foot is very reasonable at $550++ psf for a 2/ 3 bedroom.

Hi Cheeze

Which agent quoted you those prices?
I couldnt find any decent 2/3 br for less than 600$ psf

kel2505
11-11-08, 11:54
Hi Cheeze,

Can you share what size of the unit (2 or 3 bedroom) that you book and the price ?

I was there the last weekend (9 Nov) but was quoted by the Agent around 780K for a 3 bedroom unit (about 1300 sqf) which is non pool facing. Turn out to be about $600 / sqf.

Hi optraman,

If you are looking at 3 bedroom of 1259 sqft of a non pool facing, there are defintely units that are around $570psf.

Feel free to contact me @ 93369034 if you have any enquiries with regards to this development.

Regards,
Kelvin
PropNex

jazzzz
12-11-08, 09:29
Hi Cheeze,

Hey cheeze, hasn’t found the time to check this thread of late but it's great to know that the Rosewood Suites community here is growing!

Optraman, we bought the non-pool facing 1,1xx sq feet (sorry, I got to go home and check if you want the exact size) 3-bedroom unit at Rosewood Suites for $665K which works out to be about $560+ psf. Developer offers 2 financing schemes: progressive and non-progressive, we decided to take up the progressive payment scheme after much discussion.

If you want to enjoy the more preferential rates and assuming your finances allow, I would advise you to take up the progressive payment scheme as I remember the savings to be pretty substantial.

jazzzz
12-11-08, 09:34
Hi Cheeze

Rosemary, not quite sure what’s your definition of a ‘decent’ 2/ 3 bedroom but there are many layouts for 2/ 3 bedroom units so you should be able to find a unit that is to your liking. If the unit that you like is from an unreleased stack, you can actually check with your agent on the indicative price range.

cheeze
13-11-08, 15:24
Hey cheeze, hasn’t found the time to check this thread of late but it's great to know that the Rosewood Suites community here is growing!

Optraman, we bought the non-pool facing 1,1xx sq feet (sorry, I got to go home and check if you want the exact size) 3-bedroom unit at Rosewood Suites for $665K which works out to be about $560+ psf. Developer offers 2 financing schemes: progressive and non-progressive, we decided to take up the progressive payment scheme after much discussion.

If you want to enjoy the more preferential rates and assuming your finances allow, I would advise you to take up the progressive payment scheme as I remember the savings to be pretty substantial.

Jazzzzz, is this your first property purchase? It’s my first so it’s great that we have a thread here to share our experience. :)

cheeze
13-11-08, 15:27
Hi Cheeze

Rosemary, I was served by a Propnex agent. I can give you his contact if you’re keen.

cheeze
13-11-08, 15:34
Hi Cheeze,

Optraman, we bought a 1200+ sq feet unit which faces the water garden with hanging hammocks. We paid about $660+K for our unit which works out to be less than $550 psf. My cousin bought a unit at Rosewood Suites too. I can check with him on the price he paid for it if you’re interested.

mr funny
14-11-08, 09:37
http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/Story/STIStory_302149.html

November 14, 2008 Friday

Condo launch goes ahead despite gloom

Developer to roll out Woodlands project on back of solid soft launch

By Joyce Teo, Property Correspondent

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20081113/ST_IMAGES_ROSE14.jpg
Prices at the 200-unit, 99-year leasehold development start from $435,000 for a two-bedroom unit and go up to $1.1 million for a four-bedroom ground floor unit. -- PHOTO: EL DEVELOPMENT

A DEVELOPER is rolling out a rare condominium launch in Woodlands this weekend - optimistic that lower-than-planned prices will draw buyers, despite the gloomy market conditions.

EL Development is launching the 99-year leasehold, 200-unit Rosewood Suites at $580 per sq ft (psf) on average.

The developer held a sneak preview to test the market a fortnight ago and then a soft launch last weekend, when it sold half of the 60 units launched.

Launches have been few and far between in recent months as most developers continue to hold off, given the volatile markets and poor sentiment.

'We tested the market...and we were pleasantly surprised that the response was good, so we are going ahead with the launch,' said Mr Lim Yew Soon, managing director of EL Development, a unit of local builder Evan Lim & Co.

'If we had waited till next year, there would be a lot of competition. It's better to have a first-mover advantage.'

Rosewood Suites is a five-storey development with one- to four-bedroom apartments. It is in Rosewood Drive, next to the 99-year, 478-unit Casablanca condominium and opposite Innova Junior College. The popular suburban mall, Causeway Point, and Woodlands MRT station are both within walking distance.

Prices start from $435,000 for a two-bedroom unit and go up to $1.1 million for a four-bedroom ground-floor unit. This works out to $500psf to $660psf.

'Our earlier price expectations were higher. We benchmarked current prices against the prices of older condos in the area,' said Mr Lim. Those who bought at the soft launch received a 2 per cent discount from these price levels, he said.

'It is a fair value in today's market,' said Knight Frank director of research and consultancy Nicholas Mak. 'There has not been a major development launch in the area for a long time so there will be some latent HDB upgrader demand.'

Mr Lim said the buyers were mostly dwellers of nearby flats and condominiums. There are two other condominiums in Rosewood Drive - Casablanca and Rosewood.

At Casablanca, two caveats lodged in September and October showed that two 1,184sqft units were sold at $541psf and $549psf, or $640,000 and $650,000.

Caveats lodged in the same months at the 437-unit Rosewood showed that two 1,173sqft units were sold for $537psf to $550psf, or at $630,000 and $645,000.

Rosewood Suites' penthouses, priced from $700,000 to $1.4 million, will be released only when 'times are better'.

EL Development bought the Rosewood Suites site from the Singapore Land Authority in November last year when prices were strong. It topped a tender that drew eight bidders with a price of $56 million or $232psf per plot ratio.

Mr Lim had then said that they had planned to launch the project in the third quarter of this year, and sell it for about $600 psf to $650 psf.

[email protected]

Kenshinto80
16-11-08, 20:34
Went down to Rosewood Suites showflat over the weekend. Saw the good reviews being given by many. To be fair....let me give mine too....but note that this is entirely personal opinion.

Firstly, distance to Causeway Point and MRT is indeed walking distance. But it took me 12 mins plus to reach it and exhausting. IF it rains, my heart will ache imagining my wife walking such a distance back. Walking distance is subjective....20minutes walk can also be walking distance.

Good point about this project is that it is tranquil indeed. It is almost towards the other end of Rosewood Drive. There are empty plots besides it and further down is the SLE. A short quick turn will led you towards Woodlands Ave 2 and SLE entrance. Those owing cars will find it convenient.

Another good point is the price. Price PSF is attractive and reasonable for 3 bedrooms and below. The 4 room and penthouses definitely not worth it, in particularly the 3 room penthouses which cost at least 1.1Mil. For that amount, one can get a freehold/triple 9 leasehold penthouses at better location. No idea who in the right mind will buy a 3 bedroom penthouses there. Resale value for such penthouse virtually zero.....hard to get rid if want to sell later...look at the penthouses in Rosewood.....owners having VERY hard time looking for willing buyers.

99 years leasehold also means those who spent $900K plus for Penthouses and 4 bedrooms unable to recoup most of it back. It's value will definitely drop once it reach 30years. But for 3 rooms owners, that price is worth it for living in. In short, resales part hard if for investment purpose. For those who bought 2 bedroom for rental...splendid idea...but other owners will worry about the resident mix.

Another selling price mentioned by agent is that Rosewood Suites only has 200 units which is less messy than other mass projects. I am not sure I buy that. The whole piece of land looks small....and 50 units on each side facing pool...in other words....50 units spread over 50 metre pool per side. A bit cramp.....and the balcony lacks privacy from left and right. Prospective buyers should also pose this question that I asked the agent....what is the distance separating the pool units across each other. If you are comfortable, buy...if not...reconsider. I think those who bought the non-view pool probably has the best deal (Again personal opinion and preferences-no offense to pool view units owners) as the little "stream" with hammocks concept is indeed unique....and sound of flowing water trickling past is so extraordinary.

Next, the little clubhouse......prospective buyers should ask about the size of the gym and function room so as to manage expectation at TOP. Again if you are comfortable, buy...else shop around somemore.

Parking is also a problem. The developer standpoint is that some owners will not be able to afford one car.....(you have money to own a condo but not enough to buy one small car...Woodlands somemore)....hence parking lots (meaning Multi storey carpark and those next to ground units parking) is only at 200. Most likely your visitors will have to park outside. Oh...and those staying near the entrance have to walk 50M??? to reach the Multi-storey carpark which is almost at the other end. The interesting thing about this Multi storey carpark is that besides holding a tennis court....it also has a basketball court! Good for basketball lover and kids.

Interior layout for this project great. High ceiling at 2.9M which makes it look spacious....tot I will like it even more if they push the ceiling height to over 3M. Only thing is the Yard. Developer EL again self assume that all owners will be using dryers. For those who plan to put up racks to dry clothes....cooking smell will stain your clothes because there is no door to separate the yard from kitchen....yes EL has screwed up on this small but essential aspect.

Overall, nice project development.....but location wise (in Woodlands Context-let's not talk abt other districts) not as good as RoseWood which is just off the entrance to Rosewood Drive. The Short Walking distance is too far for my comfort. Also sad that the EL misses out on washing and drying part of basic living. This may lead to certain residents simply drying clothes on balcony and Rosewood Suites may end up looking quite ugly.

blueboy
27-11-08, 18:13
Anyone know how's the take-up for this project so far? Will the Developer slash prices further given the fragile and doom & gloom market outlook?

moonk123
11-12-08, 22:07
http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2848/Images/main1.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2848/Images/main2.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2848/Images/in1.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2848/Images/floor_typeA.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2848/Images/floor_typeB.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2848/Images/elevaton.jpg

>>>>click here for more floor plans and elevations >>> (http://www.virtualhomes.sg/rosewoodsuites)

:)

Reporter
16-12-08, 00:47
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of November 2008

Project Name .... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Rosewood Suites . OCR ....... 42 .............................. 687 ................ 606 .............. 512
The numbers seem good.

richardsng_era
11-01-09, 22:56
DESCRIPTION / DETAILS
Address: Rosewood Drive
Type of Development: Condominium
Tenure: 99 years
District: 25
No. of Units: 437
Year of Completion: 2003
Developer: Centrepoint Homes
Unit sizes:
2 bedrooms: 1,012 sq ft
3 bedrooms: 1,173 sq ft
4 bedrooms: 1,475 sq ft

Rosewood Condo is an exclusive development project with a resort theme. It offers 437-units, and is ideally located near Woodlands MRT Station and Causeway Point. It offers full recreational facilities, which includes five exquisitely themed gardens and 2 swimming pools.

Rosewood Condominium is one of the few condo development in Woodlands that is near to the Singapore American School. Families whose children is studying in the SAS would prefer to stay near the vicinity of Woodlands and Sembawang so that the Singapore American School is within a few minutes away.

Rosewood is accessible via the Central Expressway (CTE) and Seletar Expressway (SLE) to various part of Singapore. Traveling to the Business District takes about 30 minutes and it takes about 20 minutes to go to Changi Airport using Tampines Expressway (TPE).

Location Map (http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_7373/travel_site_123167/)

FACILITIES AT ROSEWOOD CONDOMINIUM
Swimming pool
Wading pool
Jacuzzi
Gymnasium
Tennis court
Clubhouse
Children's playground
BBQ
24 hours security
Basement carpark

richardsng_era
11-01-09, 22:57
Beautiful view! Superb condition! Must See!

Walking distance to Causeway Point, Innova Junior College, Singapore American School, Singapore Sports School, The Woodgrove, Woodlands MRT etc.

Community Clubs, famous eateries, market, supermarket etc nearby.

Full facilities. Fully furnished. Immediate move-in.

Call now for viewing!

gunner
13-01-09, 14:48
The numbers seem good.

funny i check the number of caveats lodged for rosewood suites it does not tally... so far only 23 lodged... anyway the resale value of the condos ard tat area quite bad... u check the market rates for woodgrove, casablanca and rosewood you will know liao... and i will say they are in slightly better locations than rosewood suites... IMO...

darkromeo
02-05-09, 18:45
went to the showroom, was quite impressed with the showroom and spacious room that they put up...definitely worth buying for HDB upgrader...just that a bit far north....

Condorich
04-05-09, 18:16
went to the showroom, was quite impressed with the showroom and spacious room that they put up...definitely worth buying for HDB upgrader...just that a bit far north....

Been to the show room lately.. pretty quiet... but well.. i won't mind to get a unit for self stay except that the location is not right with me.

Lots of land parcel around this place.. no worry about supply... demand is a little hard to generate given that it is really far up....

fazer6
07-05-09, 11:17
Me a newbie here, looking at Rosewood Suite for a while. Am interested in the 3rm unit facing the south while feeling a bit disappointed by the price quoted by the agent for a 1098sqft unit at $670k+. Cause only willing to pay $620k-635k . Anyone thinks the price that I am willing to pay is reasonable as I do not want to be disappointed further if the price goes beyond $670k due to economy recovery. The neighbouring condos only transact at an average price of $550 psf and demand for the area is low, will the developer sell their units at a discount to boost sales as TOP date drawing near?

Condorich
10-05-09, 15:22
Woodland condos depreciate very fast and very hard to sell.
Too much competition in mass market segment in that area.

Look at Woodsvale. At 500$ psf also cant find buyers.
Casablanca 2 room selling for 500K.

Worst possible time to launch a new condo in Woodland.

I agree... stay off woodlands... very hard to sell and be prepared to sell at a lost...

gaorenky
12-05-09, 22:18
Me a newbie here, looking at Rosewood Suite for a while. Am interested in the 3rm unit facing the south while feeling a bit disappointed by the price quoted by the agent for a 1098sqft unit at $670k+. Cause only willing to pay $620k-635k . Anyone thinks the price that I am willing to pay is reasonable as I do not want to be disappointed further if the price goes beyond $670k due to economy recovery. The neighbouring condos only transact at an average price of $550 psf and demand for the area is low, will the developer sell their units at a discount to boost sales as TOP date drawing near?

I think your price range is reasonable should try to aim at 550 to 570 psf for your unit size

Brandon-Huttons-9852 5624
09-07-09, 01:24
Selling Fast!!
===================================================================================
D.25 Rosewood Suites
@ 61 – 69 Rosewood Drive
(Woodlands Area)

http://www.launchingproperty.com/projects/Rosewood%20Suites/images/rosewood/image1.jpg

99 Years Lease Hold
2 Rows of 5 Storeys + Attic High Condominium Development with Exclusive 200 Units
Expected TOP : End 2011
===================================================================================

Exclusive Condo Living with Full Facilities in Woodlands Area
(When HDB Prices have Hit almost on Par with Condo!! )
Private Preview starting soon VIA Appointmentonly

Special OCBC Bank Loan Package
Interest Absorption Scheme : 5% +15% and nothing till TOP with special OCBC BANK loan package!!
( As good as deferred!! )

Sizes
1 Bedroom From 678 to 861 Sqft ~ FULLY SOLD
2+Study From 1001 to 1421 Sqft ~ FULLY SOLD
3 Bedroom From 990 to 1572 Sqft ~ Selling Fast
4 Bedroom From 1518 to 1894 Sqft

Penthouses
2 Bedroom ~ FULLY SOLD
2+Study Bedroom ~ FULLY SOLD
3 Bedroom ~ Selling Fast
4 Bedroom
(1206 to 2756 SqFt)

Priced to Sell!!
(From $7xxk onwards / $5xx psf onwards)

Selling Points !!

With excellent access to CBD & Orchard Area via CTE/SLE/BKE
8 to 10 Mins Walk to WOODLANDS MRT
Within Distance to Singapore American School / Singapore Sports School / Innova Junior College
Excellent Opportunity for Capital Appreciation as HDB in Woodlands had hit ROOF!!
FULL CONDO FACILITIES with Tennis Court
New Development in Woodlands ( Cheaper Than EC : La Casa)
Within Walking Distance to Causeway Point & Civic Centre
Near to Malaysia's Johor Bahru ( Iskandar Development Region(IDR) Planning Area)

CLICK [HERE] (http://www.launchingproperty.com)for E Brochure to see the Sizes & Layout

Register Your Interest Now
SMS 9852 5624 : Rosewood Suites/Name/Bedroom Type/Email
Or
Email [email protected] : Rosewood Suites / Name / Bedroom Type / Mobile No.

For First Hand Info & Invitation on the Preview Date

Developer Sales Team

Call / Sms Brandon Tong @ 9852 5624
or
email @ [email protected]
or
Vist www.LaunchingProperty.com for more projects

kurby
15-12-09, 22:33
Anyone knows if this is fully sold?

Reporter
15-12-09, 23:55
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2009

Project Name ... Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Rosewood Suites . OCR ........ 166 ......................... 12 ............................... 614 ................ 573 ............... 465

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2009

Project Name ... Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Rosewood Suites . OCR ........ 172 .......................... 6 ................................ 626 ............... 583 ............... 516

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2009

Rosewood Suites . OCR ........ 176 .......................... 5 ................................ 586 ................ 572 ............... 493

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of November 2009

Rosewood Suites . OCR ........ 178 .......................... 2 ................................ 609 ................ 589 ............... 568
There are still 22 units available. Out of the 22, 2 are launched units.

kurby
16-12-09, 07:19
So we could still buy this from the developer?

tboonk
16-12-09, 20:05
So we could still buy this from the developer?

Only 4 bedders left i think. The 3 bedders are fully sold. think the 4 bedders are going for 850-900k.

rosewood condo is a better buy compare to the new rosewood suites based on location. Nearer to amenities and MRT unless you don't mind the inconvenience.

kurby
20-06-10, 13:16
ROSEWOOD SUITES ROSEWOOD DRIVECondominium1548,000667Strata821May-10

Amazing! 821psf!

azeoprop
20-06-10, 16:40
omg!...and I thought woodlands is still the 600psf place in singapore...:doh:

21-06-10, 08:52
Wow.

is 667 sqft for studio or 2 bedder?

ROSEWOOD SUITES ROSEWOOD DRIVECondominium1548,000667Strata821May-10

Amazing! 821psf!

Antz621
21-06-10, 09:46
Wow.

is 667 sqft for studio or 2 bedder?

1+1 if I did not remember wrongly...

mantrix
21-06-10, 18:31
1+1 if I did not remember wrongly...

There was a forumnite here called Kurby who bot RW suites...think this will put a grin on his face since he bought less than 600psf...

kurby
23-06-10, 12:24
There was a forumnite here called Kurby who bot RW suites...think this will put a grin on his face since he bought less than 600psf...

Yes i am grining wide wide now...

And I may consider selling if my 4-bedder can fetch 821psf...

mantrix
23-06-10, 15:02
yeah but that was for a one bedder...but indeed, when prices for woodlands condos hit 800psf it will be a gold mine for investors who get in early...

cashrich
01-07-10, 22:14
Yes i am grining wide wide now...

And I may consider selling if my 4-bedder can fetch 821psf...

cannot be reached this year.. update if you have any examples. Don't ever go by psf alone... huge difference between 1 bedder psf and 4 bedder psf.... sorry to disappoint u.

kurby
05-07-10, 18:16
Yah understand the difference between psf of smaller unit vs bigger units....

But since that 821psf sales...everyone has bumped up their selling price to over 800psf...

Saw one same size as mine asking for 1.25m!!

If that one manage to sell...hahaha I would put mine up for sales as well!!

cashrich
06-07-10, 09:44
Yah understand the difference between psf of smaller unit vs bigger units....

But since that 821psf sales...everyone has bumped up their selling price to over 800psf...

Saw one same size as mine asking for 1.25m!!

If that one manage to sell...hahaha I would put mine up for sales as well!!

Wish u luck!

azeoprop
06-07-10, 14:34
Pass by SLE just now, the scaffolding has been removed and can see the white building with blue windows. :)

kurby
20-11-10, 12:31
Just received a letter...this one's gonna TOP in Mar 2011!!:) :)

mantrix
21-11-10, 09:17
Just received a letter...this one's gonna TOP in Mar 2011!!:) :)

so soon? hope they do a good job...

Once FEO announces the launch of the site beside RS then you may hit 800psf...quite likely in fact :D (the closest launches Greenwich and Centro launching at 1400psf it is a 'steal' even at 1000psf)

kurby
21-11-10, 10:53
The site beside is sold already? to FEO? Well good news....and bad news for me...Good that price will go up...bad that i have to live with the dust and construction noise for a while...and also with possibly the congestion from that little road leading into the 3 condos there....really hope they open up another road there...

mantrix
21-11-10, 12:46
The site beside is sold already? to FEO? Well good news....and bad news for me...Good that price will go up...bad that i have to live with the dust and construction noise for a while...and also with possibly the congestion from that little road leading into the 3 condos there....really hope they open up another road there...

For best captial appreciation you gotta wait till FEO's development TOP'ed - else when they launch just sell for a good upside and move elsewhere

clng
07-01-11, 14:44
It has been a couple of month since I pass by RS. Anyone knows the building progress right now? Is swimming pool done? can't wait to get my keys in March.

kurby
09-01-11, 21:33
Took a look today....pool is filled with water leow....think now is clearing up and landscaping...

leekeith
12-01-11, 21:43
Talk to the workers there today and they said TOP by end Feb 2011

richardsng_era
19-01-11, 21:56
Check this out at http://www.rosewoodsuites.sg

kingkong1984
27-01-11, 17:47
For best captial appreciation you gotta wait till FEO's development TOP'ed - else when they launch just sell for a good upside and move elsewhere

wait for MRT

http://real-properties.com/rp/mrt-location-sm/21-thomson-mrt-line-in-woodlands-singapore-sport-school

kurby
31-03-11, 20:48
Today is last day of March...still no news of key collection...

clng
01-04-11, 15:25
Heard that TOP is in April/May.

kurby
03-04-11, 19:32
Is the FEO site beside the Esso Station?

Today saw fencing being put up at this site...also nearer to Rosewood Suite think they buidling the showflat...

mantrix
03-04-11, 20:14
Is the FEO site beside the Esso Station?

Today saw fencing being put up at this site...also nearer to Rosewood Suite think they buidling the showflat...

yup saw that too.

congrats, RS at 500+psf is a damn good buy :D

clng
13-04-11, 22:02
Just talk to the worker at RS. TOP is issued!! Should get letters within couple of weeks. Hope I will be the first few to get the letter.

azeoprop
13-04-11, 22:23
Almost bought the 2 bedroom penthouse there, was only 640k during the valentine's day promo 09. Missed the boat. :(

kingkong1984
14-04-11, 00:08
Almost bought the 2 bedroom penthouse there, was only 640k during the valentine's day promo 09. Missed the boat. :(

you can say that you missed the boat...

classic missing the boat...

valentine present to u some more...

y miss...

mcmlxxvi
14-04-11, 10:44
Just talk to the worker at RS. TOP is issued!! Should get letters within couple of weeks. Hope I will be the first few to get the letter.

Congrats! Post some pix when u can ya?

14-04-11, 11:58

I saw the ads too but other half and I thought it's location wasn't fantastic. So we drop it out of our list. What was your reason for missing it?

ay123
14-04-11, 12:04

i was quoted 650k for a 1000sf non pool facing (not PH). i find it expensive so didnt buy.

devilplate
14-04-11, 12:10
i was quoted 650k for a 1000sf non pool facing (not PH). i find it expensive so didnt buy.

so ex meh...tot preview px was 550psf

mcmlxxvi
14-04-11, 12:45

This is one of those recent top prj that still rare can find 2bedder decent layout under 750k....

devilplate
14-04-11, 12:52
This is one of those recent top prj that still rare can find 2bedder decent layout under 750k....

but woodlands and not near MRT

own stay can la....got drive can liao

jus did a quick search...cheapest is from 850k now wor

devilplate
14-04-11, 13:00
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3628783/for-sale-rosewood-suites

agt claimed last offer 850k....chun bor!:scared-1:

mcmlxxvi
14-04-11, 13:14
but woodlands and not near MRT

own stay can la....got drive can liao

jus did a quick search...cheapest is from 850k now wor

Sala...mymistake i think i meant the 689sf 1+study.... No more. Liao

clng
14-04-11, 14:07

I bought a 1259sf pool facing unit in oct 08 for 600psf. One of very first few who bought a unit during that time of uncertainty. After that price came down a bit. Yes, 640k for a 2 bedroom PH in Feb 09 is possible. That's the period when the price is at its lowest.

Sorry that you missed it. Can bag a profit of almost 200k if u sell it today.

Agree that its very far from mrt. But shutter bus is available if you don't wanna drive. With downtown mrt line and NS expressway on the way, I think woodlands condo price can only go up.

The plot of land which FEO won.. I'm aiming..

ay123
14-04-11, 14:32

tats why i didnt buy. becos surrounding rosewood, casablanca only transacted at around 500psf.

devilplate
14-04-11, 14:36
tats why i didnt buy. becos surrounding rosewood, casablanca only transacted at around 500psf.
If 650psf, den u make a right choice not to buy:D

ay123
14-04-11, 14:39
I bought a 1259sf pool facing unit in oct 08 for 600psf. One of very first few who bought a unit during that time of uncertainty. After that price came down a bit. Yes, 640k for a 2 bedroom PH in Feb 09 is possible. That's the period when the price is at its lowest.

Sorry that you missed it. Can bag a profit of almost 200k if u sell it today.

Agree that its very far from mrt. But shutter bus is available if you don't wanna drive. With downtown mrt line and NS expressway on the way, I think woodlands condo price can only go up.

The plot of land which FEO won.. I'm aiming..

actually cut thru hdb abd civic plaza, is walkable abt 20 mins. congrat on yr purchase. is a nice project thou:spliff:

ay123
14-04-11, 14:40
If 650psf, den u make a right choice not to buy:D

ya tats why i never regret for not buying. is too high risk at tat time.

mantrix
14-04-11, 15:42
ya tats why i never regret for not buying. is too high risk at tat time.

i would have done the same in your shoes :)

dtrax
14-04-11, 15:48
Not sure for u guys but i think the distance between the 2 rows abit too close for comfort... can play tissue paper wars. I seem something similar at 6th ave residences b4, quite a turnoff for me:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3582901/for-sale-rosewood-suites

kurby
14-04-11, 21:01
Yippee TOP!

Can't wait to get keys....I bought a 4bedder....

Good thing the FEO condo entrance probably not from the side road haha less congestion for me....

Location I think not too bad...walkable to mrt though not the nearest...wat I like is near to SLE.....

mantrix
14-04-11, 21:06
Yippee TOP!

Can't wait to get keys....I bought a 4bedder....

Good thing the FEO condo entrance probably not from the side road haha less congestion for me....

Location I think not too bad...walkable to mrt though not the nearest...wat I like is near to SLE.....
congrats!! anyone know when FEO will launch? I think should be soon right?
I believe they will time it depending on success of their 8Courtyards...

rattydrama
16-04-11, 00:04
congrats!! anyone know when FEO will launch? I think should be soon right?
I believe they will time it depending on success of their 8Courtyards...

wow you interested also?

kingkong1984
16-04-11, 05:36
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3628783/for-sale-rosewood-suites

agt claimed last offer 850k....chun bor!:scared-1:

asking $30k more only yet cannot close.

I dun think its real.

mantrix
16-04-11, 15:50
wow you interested also?

Yah me interested in the response! :p

clng
19-04-11, 16:15
TOP!!!! Going to collect my key next week. One thing pissed me off. They raised the maintenance fee from 35 per share to 46 per share out of no reason.. Need to pay almost $80 more every month. This is very high for a project which don't have basement carpark....

leekeith
19-04-11, 17:45
TOP!!!! Going to collect my key next week. One thing pissed me off. They raised the maintenance fee from 35 per share to 46 per share out of no reason.. Need to pay almost $80 more every month. This is very high for a project which don't have basement carpark....

how many bedrooms did you purchase based on your percentage increased

aceivan
19-04-11, 19:49
Hi all,

I was considering the 3 condos, Rosewood, Casablanca and RS becos my parents in law stayed across the road. Eventually, I got one from the 3 just before the latest cooling measures after much considerations.

RS- it is the newest and lowest among the rest. Why? I dun know. I like the layout and surrounding but have to agreed with bro dtrax, the unit to unit very close for my comfort.

That time when I wanted to c the unit, still can't view so have to use special ways to view the units.

I also remembered while I was viewing 1 of the units at Casablanca 6th or 7th floor, I can see very clearly from the corridor, the interior of RS penthouse units to ground floor units.

That's my observation.

kingkong1984
19-04-11, 21:13
Haha.... Shortie pants.. Can see everything.

clng
20-04-11, 08:14
how many bedrooms did you purchase based on your percentage increased

3 bedroom. 7 shares. Nothing I can do about it.

kurby
20-04-11, 20:11
I haven't got my letter leh....sian

kurby
18-05-11, 10:30
Hey did anyone get a scale floor plan from the developer? I realized that we are not given any scale floor plan. Is this the usual practice?

Enquirer from the management office also dun have...

But amazingly my designer has...but it seems to be different from what we see on the ground....like her plan say width is 4m but we measured at most is 3.7m....

clng
20-05-11, 16:13
I got my scale floor plan on the day I got my keys. You're right, the scale is wrong. The position of the beam is wrong. I'm very disappointed with the quality of my unit. The wardrobe door, normal doors, basins, kitchen cabinet, etc are like HDB-quality. Not so mention the mickey mouse size bedroom, thanks to the bay window. Did anyone actually like the big hole they left for us at the balcony planter? cost me $1000 to fill that up. I found 15 defects in my unit, and after 3 weeks they still haven't retified them. I don't know what the management is doing...

mantrix
20-05-11, 16:47
I got my scale floor plan on the day I got my keys. You're right, the scale is wrong. The position of the beam is wrong. I'm very disappointed with the quality of my unit. The wardrobe door, normal doors, basins, kitchen cabinet, etc are like HDB-quality. Not so mention the mickey mouse size bedroom, thanks to the bay window. Did anyone actually like the big hole they left for us at the balcony planter? cost me $1000 to fill that up. I found 15 defects in my unit, and after 3 weeks they still haven't retified them. I don't know what the management is doing...

Are your furnishings compliant with what you saw in the showflat? They can't possibly paint you an entirely different picture right?

Anyway take heart, development next to yours selling at almost double the price yah...

kurby
20-05-11, 23:59

I got 20 defects leow and some I think are major like balcony door frame dented...this may need to change whole frame...

hyenergix
21-05-11, 01:34
Is your condo built to last and how did it get its TOP status from BCA? Probably the developer wasn't making $ and did a hasty poor job.

clng
21-05-11, 10:59
I got 20 defects leow and some I think are major like balcony door frame dented...this may need to change whole frame...

Did you check your doors? all my doors are badly scratched. No way I can accept that. I want them to change all my doors to new ones. And I don't have a 3 pin socket at the fridge area, so how can I move in without my fridge..
I know another owner water pipe burst and soaked/damaged his whole kitchen cabinet. The developer really did a sloppy job. Think twice if u wanna buy another property from this developer.

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 11:06
No to mention close to each other and kana blocked.

rattydrama
21-05-11, 12:07

I think usually developer have to response within 1 month. email to the developer and main contractor should be able to expediate.

kurby
21-05-11, 12:24
Did you check your doors? all my doors are badly scratched. No way I can accept that. I want them to change all my doors to new ones. And I don't have a 3 pin socket at the fridge area, so how can I move in without my fridge..
I know another owner water pipe burst and soaked/damaged his whole kitchen cabinet. The developer really did a sloppy job. Think twice if u wanna buy another property from this developer.

You mean they omitted the fridge power point? Based on the floor plan, there should be one...

My main defects are the dents on window frames...just found another 2 dents today...sian...wife also think the toilet bowls are slanted...

But generally I still think is a nice small development.....except no cover walkways to the multiple story carpark....why??

clng
21-05-11, 12:46
You mean they omitted the fridge power point? Based on the floor plan, there should be one...

My main defects are the dents on window frames...just found another 2 dents today...sian...wife also think the toilet bowls are slanted...

But generally I still think is a nice small development.....except no cover walkways to the multiple story carpark....why??

There's a power point but no 3 pin wall socket so how to use? Talking about multi storey car park, why do you need cover walkway? most of the time we have to park at the open space carpark. So we'll drenched walking to our car if it rain. If you count the no of lots in the mulit storey car park, there's only about 50 lots. Include the open space car park, there's only 200 lots, just enough for the resident. What if you have a visitor? Well, the management won't allow them to park inside, they have to park along Rosewood drive and risk being summon $70. Thanks Rosewood suites for discouraging my friends from visiting me...

kurby
21-05-11, 18:10
There is no cover walkway from all units to the multiple story carpark. I would like that cause I usually have to bring 3 sleeping kids to the car in the morning...so when it rains, it would be a hassle for me...

The number of carpark lots in the condo was known before we bought the condo...din you know that??

mantrix
21-05-11, 21:25
There is no cover walkway from all units to the multiple story carpark. I would like that cause I usually have to bring 3 sleeping kids to the car in the morning...so when it rains, it would be a hassle for me...

The number of carpark lots in the condo was known before we bought the condo...din you know that??

well you can get the kids to rest in your lobby and you can drive the car over to pick them :p

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 22:02

No basement carpark already bad.

No cover link way worst than HDBs.

kurby
21-05-11, 22:37
well you can get the kids to rest in your lobby and you can drive the car over to pick them :p

err...what lobby?? The front porch behind the guard house? There is also no covered walkway to the front porch...

Anyway this is not a big pain point...1.5 more years to go and no more carrying of kids while they sleep in the morning cause all will be going to school in the morning...:)

End of day, I still like this condo cause it suits me needs :)

kingkong1984
21-05-11, 22:42
err...what lobby?? The front porch behind the guard house? There is also no covered walkway to the front porch...

Anyway this is not a big pain point...1.5 more years to go and no more carrying of kids while they sleep in the morning cause all will be going to school in the morning...:)

End of day, I still like this condo cause it suits me needs :)
Big and cheap
Home to sleep.

kurby
21-05-11, 23:19
Big and cheap
Home to sleep.

Exactly! hahaha

solsys
22-05-11, 01:16
Now I understand why my reservist campmate in the construction line mentioned always go for reputable developers.

Skateboard
31-05-11, 00:00
Hi everyone, I am also a resident here and moving in mid-jul. Currently, just started doing the reno works.

Besides no sheltered walkway to carpark, the letter box is not at the block itself and you have to walk to the multi-storey carpark to open your letter box. The other feedback is the washing machine area is quite small - can only fit a sideload washing machine for 7kg. The bomb shelter is quite stuffy - think it will be hard for my maid to stay in there unless I do something about the ventilation.

The finishing is not as good - floor is ceramic tiles and even the flooring is just wooden laminate. Did not really observe the details when I bought, being a first time home buyer. I have 16 items on my defect list from uneven surface at the planter area (not a big deal but I still listed it), a rusty hinge and one of the door is not very aligned.

Having said all these, I like the layout of the blocks and pools - and the balcony area is pretty big by my standards. Will cover up the planter area with ironwood and put outdoor table and chairs for kopi and newspaper in the morning. The direction of the blocks means that you will not get the sun shining right into your windows which reduces the heat. There is bay windows for all my 4 rooms so now, have to find some asthetic use for it.

devilplate
31-05-11, 00:07
Hi everyone, I am also a resident here and moving in mid-jul. Currently, just started doing the reno works.

Besides no sheltered walkway to carpark, the letter box is not at the block itself and you have to walk to the multi-storey carpark to open your letter box. The other feedback is the washing machine area is quite small - can only fit a sideload washing machine for 7kg. The bomb shelter is quite stuffy - think it will be hard for my maid to stay in there unless I do something about the ventilation.

The finishing is not as good - floor is ceramic tiles and even the flooring is just wooden laminate. Did not really observe the details when I bought, being a first time home buyer. I have 16 items on my defect list from uneven surface at the planter area (not a big deal but I still listed it), a rusty hinge and one of the door is not very aligned.

Having said all these, I like the layout of the blocks and pools - and the balcony area is pretty big by my standards. Will cover up the planter area with ironwood and put outdoor table and chairs for kopi and newspaper in the morning. The direction of the blocks means that you will not get the sun shining right into your windows which reduces the heat. There is bay windows for all my 4 rooms so now, have to find some asthetic use for it.
Congrats....if u willing to spend, cover ur baywindow with marble or granite top.....dun ever use those hard top material similar to those kitchen top bcoz very easily scratchable especially u use dark colored ones....another cheaper option will b using engineered wood to lay on it

kurby
31-05-11, 22:53
Can we remove the door of the storeroom/bomb shelter? Without the door I believe we could put in a bigger washing machine...

I think most defects are easily rectifiable so not a major issue with me.

I also like the n-s orientation of the house...after saying in a hdb that faces the full afternoon sun....finally can stay home in the afternoon and dun feel like in a oven!!

Skateboard
02-06-11, 19:51
Can we remove the door of the storeroom/bomb shelter? Without the door I believe we could put in a bigger washing machine...

I think most defects are easily rectifiable so not a major issue with me.

I also like the n-s orientation of the house...after saying in a hdb that faces the full afternoon sun....finally can stay home in the afternoon and dun feel like in a oven!!

Hi Kurby, think we can never remove the bomb shelter door under regulation. Up to now, i still cannot figure how we can fit in a decent size washing machine with only 57-58cm of depth.

An alternative I am looking at is to hack off part of the pipe. The other alternative is to shift the washing machine as far left as possible, such that it is the furthest distance from the bomb shelter door. Will do some detailed measurement tomorrow.

kurby
02-06-11, 22:23
Think can fit those simple no frills kind of front loading washer for max 7.5kg...i measured the area vut haven't got around to measuring the washers to see what size fit...but again...not a big issue for me...cause i dun need a big wahing machine, even though i have a big family...

Can wait to move it...the future constructions in this area is what will bother me...especially the land beside us...

Skateboard
02-06-11, 22:35
Ya.. it is a major concern, as the land is already up for tender. At least 2 years of noise - will be worst for residents facing the hammock

clng
03-06-11, 14:55

Why you need a side load washing machine. I bought a top load 10k washing machine and I think it will fit in just nice.

I thought the flooring is homogenous tile, not ceramic? My hdb tiles are ceramic and so I can see the difference. As for the wooden flooring, its exactly same as the showroom, as far as I can remember. The planter area is a joke. Luckily my contractor did a nice job of covering up with tiles, exactly same as the balcony tiles. My balcony looks bigger now, but cost me a cool $1000.

The bay window is another joke. There's no way I can just leave it bare. Its too ugly. I have installed cushion on it. I opt for cushion rather than wooden plank or granite, cos I think its more practical.

KarenK
04-06-11, 12:26
Why you need a side load washing machine. I bought a top load 10k washing machine and I think it will fit in just nice.

I thought the flooring is homogenous tile, not ceramic? My hdb tiles are ceramic and so I can see the difference. As for the wooden flooring, its exactly same as the showroom, as far as I can remember. The planter area is a joke. Luckily my contractor did a nice job of covering up with tiles, exactly same as the balcony tiles. My balcony looks bigger now, but cost me a cool $1000.

The bay window is another joke. There's no way I can just leave it bare. Its too ugly. I have installed cushion on it. I opt for cushion rather than wooden plank or granite, cos I think its more practical.

just curious......I was informed that it's better not to cover up the planter area for a year until the CSC or something like that is issued? will they make u revert to original condition if they find that u have covered up? I'm very interested to know as my new place will also have lots of planter area & I also intend to cover them up :)

kurby
04-06-11, 14:44
I intend to cover mine with changnai wood...ID say they will not do a fixed cover but rather a 2 section cover so that one part of it can be open to reveal the planter below...then after one year, if you want, you could change the chengnai to whole piece kind...

lewei
05-06-11, 09:02
Hi all, I am also the proud owner of a unit at RS. I stay in one of the pool facing units and reno will be completed by end Jun.

Things are ok so far, except I realise that part of the laminate at my unit does not fully stick to the ground, thus, there is a hollow feel to some parts of the laminate. Has anyone experience this and can this be considered a defect?

Hope to see all of you soon, fellow residents!

clng
05-06-11, 15:17
I got the hollow feel too. Heard from my ID that its not really a defect. Its a cheaper way to do wooden flooring without using parquet. Just another way for the developer to save money.

As for the planter area, the management did not reject when I submit the proposal to cover it. In fact, they look guilty, knowing that I hate the big hole they left behind. They hope I can plant a few banana trees on it, but sorry, no way is that going to happen.

Kurby, looks like Chennai wood is the popular choice. A lot of ID suggested that to me. I wonder why. I rather have black tiles that looks exactly like my balcony tiles, so that it looks more uniform.

Last week I saw a lot of 1st floor owner covering up their PES with wooden flooring. One of them use Chennai wood. Very nice. Really have the resort feel!

lewei
05-06-11, 15:40
Hi, what is the difference between Chenghai wood and Ironwood? Which is better?

kurby
05-06-11, 19:36
I suppose chennai wood is a easier way to decorate the balcony...with the chennai wood, we are not gonna cover the planter permanently, just gonna have a structure in it and have the chennai wood lay over it...

hmmm i dunno what is ironwood...

the laminate flooring is not new....it is cheaper than parquet and easier to maintain, my current house is with laminate flooring...when i walk with shoes on the laminate in rosewood...it does have a spongy feeling...but designer say is not an issue....hmm just remember to log your warranty with the supplier...

lewei
07-06-11, 10:20
Dear Residents,

I went to visit my unit again today and at the same time, I walked along the entire area of the condo. I have made some observations and will like to share with you:

1. Swimming Pool - Water is green, and of algae. I went up to the condo management and spoke to them - they are aware of this issue and replied that "they are getting people to clean it". This is definitely not right. There should be a better filtration system in the first place and we should not be incurring the added maintenance and cleaning fee of the swimming pool after 1 year (when the developers relinquish their duties).

2. Car Park - Anyone realised that the entrance to the carpark, just besides the rubbish point, is very narrow and not sufficient for 2 cars to pass? There is no convex mirror, not any line markings. In addition, it IS dangerous and accident prone.

I'll start writing to the management committee on these findings. Guys, if you will like to add on to the "fire power", please PM me your email and unit # so that I can make the case stronger. Not to say I expect anything will be done, but at least I am trying.

Regards,
Lewei

Skateboard
07-06-11, 10:27
Dear Residents,

I went to visit my unit again today and at the same time, I walked along the entire area of the condo. I have made some observations and will like to share with you:

1. Swimming Pool - Water is green, and of algae. I went up to the condo management and spoke to them - they are aware of this issue and replied that "they are getting people to clean it". This is definitely not right. There should be a better filtration system in the first place and we should not be incurring the added maintenance and cleaning fee of the swimming pool after 1 year (when the developers relinquish their duties).

2. Car Park - Anyone realised that the entrance to the carpark, just besides the rubbish point, is very narrow and not sufficient for 2 cars to pass? There is no convex mirror, not any line markings. In addition, it IS dangerous and accident prone.

I'll start writing to the management committee on these findings. Guys, if you will like to add on to the "fire power", please PM me your email and unit # so that I can make the case stronger. Not to say I expect anything will be done, but at least I am trying.

Regards,
Lewei

Thanks for your initiative - i second that, dropped u a pm already. :)

p3nboy
08-06-11, 08:21
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2011/pr11-68a.pdf

What is your view on this? $365psf?

kingkong1984
08-06-11, 08:41
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2011/pr11-68a.pdf

What is your view on this? $365psf?

Moderating down, closing down to EC range, perhaps will fall further. I no expert or guru, just talk cock sing song lah.

clng
09-06-11, 18:29
Hi all RS owners, wanna check with you guys.

Do you have 3-pin wall socket in the fridge and microwave area? I do not have it.

The main con said that's the design and requirement of PUB. If I wanna use fridge and microwave, I got to ask my own electrician to install the 3-pin wall socket.

Sound ridiculous. Is this true?

mantrix
09-06-11, 18:53

Do you have 3-pin wall socket in the fridge and microwave area? I do not have it.

The main con said that's the design and requirement of PUB. If I wanna use fridge and microwave, I got to ask my own electrician to install the 3-pin wall socket.

OMG that is rubbish. Who is the main con? They have done a horrible job. :mad:

kingkong1984
09-06-11, 18:57
OMG that is rubbish. Who is the main con? They have done a horrible job. :mad:

band together and see developer all at once!

lewei
12-06-11, 15:57

Hi all, I've got the same question too. There is a switch for the microwave for me: (P12) but at the place where you can put the microwave, there is no 3 pin plug. There is a socket but it is only one-hole kind - not too sure what standards does this belong to.

Anyone can share how to get around the microwave issue?

lewei
12-06-11, 15:59
Hi all, to add on, I think the water condition at the swimming pool has improved. They have also installed a mirror at the carpark when you turn from the main gate.

I am still hoping to band together to highlight this issue (narror carpark exit) as a design issue with the developers - hoping to get more support from residents (so far, only 2 ppl responded). If you are keen to take this forward, do PM me your email and unit #. Thanks.

mantrix
12-06-11, 17:12
Hi all, to add on, I think the water condition at the swimming pool has improved. They have also installed a mirror at the carpark when you turn from the main gate.

I am still hoping to band together to highlight this issue (narror carpark exit) as a design issue with the developers - hoping to get more support from residents (so far, only 2 ppl responded). If you are keen to take this forward, do PM me your email and unit #. Thanks.

I would think this is tough - enlarging the exit now will undermine the foundation of the MSCP. It would have been far easier to rectify this before laying the structures - unfortunately this developer seems to be cost-cutting quite a bit on both materials and quality of design.

Whoever the managing agent appoints will have a hard time dealing with complaints for first few years. Cracks in tiles, water seepage, drainge choking, landscape problems, interior defects...list goes on but usually with a reputed developer the list is smaller.

Anyway good luck! :D

rattydrama
12-06-11, 17:22

From what I understand, there should be a 3pin socket behind/beside your fridge for your use.

Once the fridge is installed, u will not be able to access the plug (unless u shift the fridge). Hence under the new regulations (dont know when) the developer is required to install another switch which is linked to the socket behind/beside your fridge for you to on/off easily (eg switch off the fridge when doing cleaning job).

My 2 projects have them and both are relatively new. One TOPPed earlier than yours and the other same period.

You can raise a defect and refuse to sign off until they fix it??

rattydrama
12-06-11, 17:24
Hi all, I've got the same question too. There is a switch for the microwave for me: (P12) but at the place where you can put the microwave, there is no 3 pin plug. There is a socket but it is only one-hole kind - not too sure what standards does this belong to.

Anyone can share how to get around the microwave issue?

developer must cater for it. No? Is this microwave free from developer?

lewei
12-06-11, 18:20
Microwave Oven not from Developer. Funny thing is there is a switch (with light indicator) just below my cabin labeled "Microwave". However, I do not see any 3-pin plug which I can connect to my microwave oven.

kurby
12-06-11, 19:00
Seems like there are quite some confusion over the plug...

These is what I have and what i gathered after looking at the switch and the floorplan...

1. There is a cupboard on top of the oven. This is for the microwave and there is a one point plug there. according to the developer, we can ask them to come fix the microwave once we are ready to install the microwave.
2. Open the cupboard on top of the cooker hood. You will see the same one point plug for the cooker hood. this is probably how it will be for the microwave as well.
3. As for the fridge, there is no plug for the fridge directly behind the fridge. Just below the cabinets, there is a row of 5 power points/switch. This is where you see the switch with the microwave words. And the last switch in this row of switches, is a 3-pin plug. This one is probably for the fridge. I believe the floorplan also indicated as such....

Good to see that they have installed a mirror at the entrance...what i would like to see now is them to start cleaning up the whole place...

clng
13-06-11, 15:55
Seems like there are quite some confusion over the plug...

These is what I have and what i gathered after looking at the switch and the floorplan...

1. There is a cupboard on top of the oven. This is for the microwave and there is a one point plug there. according to the developer, we can ask them to come fix the microwave once we are ready to install the microwave.
2. Open the cupboard on top of the cooker hood. You will see the same one point plug for the cooker hood. this is probably how it will be for the microwave as well.
3. As for the fridge, there is no plug for the fridge directly behind the fridge. Just below the cabinets, there is a row of 5 power points/switch. This is where you see the switch with the microwave words. And the last switch in this row of switches, is a 3-pin plug. This one is probably for the fridge. I believe the floorplan also indicated as such....

Good to see that they have installed a mirror at the entrance...what i would like to see now is them to start cleaning up the whole place...

I do not understand your point 3. I have looked everywhere and couldn't find any 3-pin socket near my fridge. I have checked with the main con, and this is what I gather. The 1-pin socket is by design, which enable us to off/on the fridge from another place. This is the same for the cooker and hob. According to them its very easy to connect to the socket. Just ask a electrician to cut your fridge power cable and connect. The problem is my new fridge/microwave warranty will be void if I cut the power cable. I have give up reasoning with them and decided to ask my contractor to change the 1-pin socket to 3-pin one. The on/off is still from another place. I have to pay for it of course.
Question is why the developer couldn't just installed a 3-pin socket instead of 1-pin? Cut corner again?

kurby
13-06-11, 20:37
I do not understand your point 3. I have looked everywhere and couldn't find any 3-pin socket near my fridge. I have checked with the main con, and this is what I gather. The 1-pin socket is by design, which enable us to off/on the fridge from another place. This is the same for the cooker and hob. According to them its very easy to connect to the socket. Just ask a electrician to cut your fridge power cable and connect. The problem is my new fridge/microwave warranty will be void if I cut the power cable. I have give up reasoning with them and decided to ask my contractor to change the 1-pin socket to 3-pin one. The on/off is still from another place. I have to pay for it of course.
Question is why the developer couldn't just installed a 3-pin socket instead of 1-pin? Cut corner again?

Seems like we may have a different design in our kitchen. I have no 1-pin for the fridge...just have a 1-pin for the microwave inside the cupboard...

I attached a pic...hope you can see it...to the left of the empty space (for the fridge) is a row of plugs/switch...the rightmost one is a 3-pin plug which i believe is for the fridge...

clng
13-06-11, 20:56
Seems like we may have a different design in our kitchen. I have no 1-pin for the fridge...just have a 1-pin for the microwave inside the cupboard...

I attached a pic...hope you can see it...to the left of the empty space (for the fridge) is a row of plugs/switch...the rightmost one is a 3-pin plug which i believe is for the fridge...

Yes, different design. I believe yours is a 4 bedder. For those 3 bedder like myself, we'll have the same problem. The developer obviously didn't use their brain when designing the kitchen. Or perhaps, they're just inexperience.

Skateboard
14-06-11, 14:31
I spoke to the MA today. The reason why it is a one-hole plug is to comply with fire safety regulation. You will have to either change it to a 3-pin plug yourself or you have to modify the microwave cable - in essence cuttting it and getting a ceritified electrician to install it for you.

THis will of cus void the warranty of your microwave oven. Funny huh..

Skateboard
14-06-11, 14:32
Developers should have provided the microwave oven if this is the case, as the installation of it by ourselves is not so straightforward.

clng
14-06-11, 14:50
I spoke to the MA today. The reason why it is a one-hole plug is to comply with fire safety regulation. You will have to either change it to a 3-pin plug yourself or you have to modify the microwave cable - in essence cuttting it and getting a ceritified electrician to install it for you.

THis will of cus void the warranty of your microwave oven. Funny huh..

This is absurd! If it is to comply with fire safety regulation, we shouldn't be allowed to change it to 3-pin plug ourselves in the first place. Does that means that we have to void all our electrical appliance warranty in order to use the 1-pin one? I hate to imagine next time the cooker,hob and oven spoilt and I need to replace them. If i buy a new oven, do I have to seperately engage a certified electrician to install it for me? This doesn't make sense at all. And why only condo has this fire safety regulation and not HDB?

kurby
14-06-11, 20:58
We should actually find out if this is common practice...it seems rather wierd to allow us to change it to 3-pin plug ourselves if it a against fire regulations...dun believe everything the MA says...hahaha...sometimes they just bs us...

I will not let this dampen my excitement of moving to my new place hahaha....

mantrix
14-06-11, 23:10
We should actually find out if this is common practice...it seems rather wierd to allow us to change it to 3-pin plug ourselves if it a against fire regulations...dun believe everything the MA says...hahaha...sometimes they just bs us...

I will not let this dampen my excitement of moving to my new place hahaha....

Well I can tell you it's not common practice at all - I am surprised why they did that!

Anyway u got it at a good deal so just suck it up and enjoy yah :)

kurby
14-06-11, 23:53
Well I can tell you it's not common practice at all - I am surprised why they did that!

Anyway u got it at a good deal so just suck it up and enjoy yah :)

Hahaha...Enjoying every moment of it...the good the bad...anything that can be repair or change is not an issue...just a hassle...:) :)

I notice actually quite many have moved in and not so many are up for sales...there is even a ground floor unit that is combining 2 units into one....wow very nice!!

clng
15-06-11, 08:41
Hahaha...Enjoying every moment of it...the good the bad...anything that can be repair or change is not an issue...just a hassle...:) :)

I notice actually quite many have moved in and not so many are up for sales...there is even a ground floor unit that is combining 2 units into one....wow very nice!!

Combine 2 unit into 1? Can do that meh? like HDB jumbo flat. haha.

When are you moving in? I moving in on the 2nd July. Less than 3 weeks left. YEAH!

kingkong1984
15-06-11, 08:43

When are you moving in? I moving in on the 2nd July. Less than 3 weeks left. YEAH!

can, only if design is possible. The non load bearing walls can go.

Just like a mirror image type units. The center wall could be partially removed. (Join living room can already)

kurby
15-06-11, 22:14

Me not so soon...ID haven't even do site visit yet :)

No hurry....

solsys
19-06-11, 20:34
Saw some 7xxpsf sales going on propertyguru

lewei
19-06-11, 22:22
Btw, feels a bit weird to move in so early. Room is surprisingly cool, even during daytime. But things are so quiet at night..

lewei
19-06-11, 22:25
Looks like interest inWoodlsnds has picked up after the announcement of the Thomson line.

Plenty of prospective buyers at Woodhaven showroom next-door.

devilplate
19-06-11, 22:27
Btw, feels a bit weird to move in so early. Room is surprisingly cool, even during daytime. But things are so quiet at night..
Not until all the construction starts...woodhaven, behind another plotmjus sold n a new sch:p

azeoprop
19-06-11, 23:31
Got go kaypo the penthouses? I almost bought the 2 bedroom penthouse last time, but never buy. :p

Still got the price written on the brochure...#05-22 $642100 :(

clng
20-06-11, 16:04
Looks like interest inWoodlsnds has picked up after the announcement of the Thomson line.

The news about thomson line also come with the rumor of a project comprising of a new shopping center and condo right at the causeway point area. Don't know if it's true. I'll seriously be looking forward to it. Just hope it's not so expensive.

linchong84
20-06-11, 20:33

Actually i find it a bit puzzling.. How does Thomson line helps woodlands? Does it bring people to city area faster than NS line? If no difference, then whats the use of thomson line for woodlands? If we are talking about link to malaysia due to MRT, then I thought it should not be good news? Lots of malaysians hanging around in Woodlands is a good idea meh?

No malice intended, just curious.. For understanding sake..

clng
21-06-11, 09:46
Actually i find it a bit puzzling.. How does Thomson line helps woodlands? Does it bring people to city area faster than NS line? If no difference, then whats the use of thomson line for woodlands? If we are talking about link to malaysia due to MRT, then I thought it should not be good news? Lots of malaysians hanging around in Woodlands is a good idea meh?

No malice intended, just curious.. For understanding sake..

Yes, the time taken to travel to the city from Woodlands will be reduced, and less crowded. Those who frequently travel by NS line and often packed like a sardine will welcome this.

wesing
21-06-11, 11:23
Yes, the time taken to travel to the city from Woodlands will be reduced, and less crowded. Those who frequently travel by NS line and often packed like a sardine will welcome this.

It is logical to assume that an alternative mode of travel to the city should be welcomed by majority of those living up north. As explained by clng, it will definitely relieve the congestion on the existing NSL and many may find the TSL more convenient that the NSL. In economic terms, such infrastructure developments are known to produce positive externalities to surrounding properties.

With regards to the Malaysian hanging around woodlands, it is an assumption that have yet to be verified. There are already so many Malaysians working in Singapore. Just look at the number of motorcycles coming in every morning. Our Changi Airport and probably other major industries may shut down if ICA does not facilitate their entry into Singapore every morning. Anyway, what's the concern of Malaysians hanging around Woodlands. Are you assuming more Malaysians means higher crime? Personally, I dun think the criminals from Malaysia will purposely come over to Woodlands to commit crime just bcoz of the rail-link. Since there are already so many Singaporeans going into JB, might as well mug them there. Success rate higher since got home ground advantage and chances of getting by Malaysian police also relatively lower.

There is a possibility that SG-JB link may bring in more Malaysian tourists to Singapore to shop (just like IR also lure many Malaysians there). As such, it could also bring about more business at Causewaypoint area which catered to this segment, leading developers to build bigger/nicer malls to cater to this crowd which again may bring about positive externalities to surrounding properties.

solsys
21-06-11, 17:50
Question: what things can we Singaporeans offer to the Malaysians from across the rail link?

Business ideas anyone?

rattydrama
21-06-11, 23:16
Question: what things can we Singaporeans offer to the Malaysians from across the rail link?

Business ideas anyone?

cheap 2nd hand mobile phone...
primary school education....
tution center....
lower pay jobs...eg waitress

lewei
04-08-11, 23:07
Does anyone knows what's wrong with my heater from Ferolli?

The LCD display is already off (except the usual standby mode LED which is white in colour). But my heater seems perpetually on since everytime i turn on the bath tap, hot water comes through.

azeoprop
31-08-11, 20:37
Nice development. Could have been mine...haa haa. :o