PDA

View Full Version : The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

rbet
22-01-07, 23:12
Any owners or potential owners of the Raintree?

Please share opinions. thanks :):)

scooby
22-01-07, 23:43
Any owners or potential owners of the Raintree?

Please share opinions. thanks :):)

Haven't really looked at this. Heard it was really near nature and that is one of the selling points of this condo. I think expats will love it! :)

cadenza
23-01-07, 09:45
try this site:

http://www.condo.com.sg/rating/residentreview.cfm?condoid=2587

rnet
23-01-07, 09:54
Thanks for the replies guys!

I've actually been to the condo.com.sg reviews before starting a thread here. However, I don't really trust most of the postings there because I suspect those might be posted by agents.

I believe opinions from this board will be better...from real ppl. :)

cadenza
23-01-07, 10:15
sad to say quality online discussions are really hard to come by and there are spammings in above forum - because no registration is necesary prior posting.

Hope to see more activities from this forum. Good Luck!

Madeira
23-01-07, 15:37
Based on psf basis, I think The Raintree shd be very value for money. 500 psf is very cheap for a property in Bt Timah. Is it TOP yet? Any more units available?

not an agent
23-01-07, 15:54
Based on psf basis, I think The Raintree shd be very value for money. 500 psf is very cheap for a property in Bt Timah. Is it TOP yet? Any more units available?

I agree that 500 psf is very cheap for a Bukit Timah property, not to mention a property with sprawling grounds, next to nature and greenery and yet close to the city. Furthermore, this is by Centrepoint Homes, so you can be assured of the quality. I believe there are some more units available. Hmmm sounds very attractive now that you mentioned the price. Much more attractive than some of the projects launched nowadays.

Unregistered
23-01-07, 17:12
Bought a 3 room unit there for $470. Very value for money.

Unregistered
23-01-07, 17:13

TOP in Dec 2008

Madeira
23-01-07, 20:10
TOP in Dec 2008

Thanks. will go and take a look at the showflat over the weekend.

cadenza
23-01-07, 21:40
What is the floor size and level for 470k?

rbet
23-01-07, 21:50
I heard the TOP might be earlier, say Q2 2008. This is assuming everything goes on smoothly.

The last time I checked, there was about less than 80 units left, mostly low-level, but I really won't mind because of the enviroment.

For those who wish to see the showflat, it's closed. My agent advised that it should be re-opened by Feb for the formal launch. However, by the the psf will be much higher, possibly nearing 600!:scared-4:

I'm really interested in this development, just wondering why is the soft launch price so affordable?! (I really shouldn't be complaining :p) Even places like clementi woods can fetch 550 to 600psf during soft launch.

Unregistered
23-01-07, 22:50
I believe the previous reviewer meant $470 psf and not $470k. Anyway I bought a 1270 sqft, 3-bedroom, 8th floor unit for about $582k. Definitely value for money. I must say the development is really unique; just less than 100m from Bukit Timah Reserve Visitor Centre. The area is sparsely populated and with lots of greenery. Just one condo (Le Wood) and a few rows of terrace houses. Strongly suggest potential buyers to visit the area and see for themselves its uniqueness.

There's no penthouses for this development. The rooftop of each block has a shelter. Not sure if it's a viewing/look-out point for residents to enjoy the nature reserve.

Unregistered
23-01-07, 23:16
Anyway I bought a 1270 sqft, 3-bedroom, 8th floor unit for about $582k. Definitely value for money.

that's really cheap!

May I ask if it's pool-facing, 'forest' facing or traintrack facing?

I'm interested in a 3 bdrm too, but the price i was quoted was about $467psf. comes up to about 594K.

rbet
23-01-07, 23:19
Sorry it's me, rbet. forgot to sign in just now.

Unregistered
24-01-07, 06:55
should be train track facing.

Unregistered
24-01-07, 20:16
That's correct. My unit bought for $582k is track facing.

Wondering what's the delta difference between a track-facing unit and a pool-facing unit of similar size and floor level??

Unregistered
24-01-07, 20:20
For the 3 bdrm quoted for $594k, is it pool-facing, 'forest' facing or traintrack facing?

rbet
24-01-07, 22:50
For the 3 bdrm quoted for $594k, is it pool-facing, 'forest' facing or traintrack facing?

traintrack facing, level 3. it was for a unit at block 85 IIRC, will only get slight afternoon sun in living room. Don't mind this unit at all, since level 3 u'll have trees blocking out the sun and sound of train if it passes by.

Friends who stay at southaven says that high level residences hear the trains more than low level. Dunno if this is true. Anyone can clarify?

supersonic
25-01-07, 14:16
Friends who stay at southaven says that high level residences hear the trains more than low level. Dunno if this is true. Anyone can clarify?

yup... sound travels upwards.. and somehow bypasses the lower floors..

Unregistered
26-01-07, 10:41
Cool!

I've booked the unit i was talking about. Level 3, facing traintracks for $594, deferred payment. Down payment in cash, so hoping to make a killing if the launch price shots up. If not, I really don't mind staying there.

Unregistered
26-01-07, 12:10
congrats on your purchase. Which block did you get?

dude
26-01-07, 12:24
Which one is better? Raintree or Gardenvista? or cannot compare?

rbet
26-01-07, 15:00
Block no. i can't remember....:p 85 i think.

Gardenvista TOP for a while already. PSF prices about $600-700 i think.

You can't really compare GV and RT. Cuz Garden Vista is smack right at a busy cross junction, you get alot of convenience in terms of transportation. RT is far from mainroad, but u get peace and quiet.

kahlid
26-01-07, 17:21

I believe raintree is located in upper bukit timah.

kel
01-02-07, 11:58
Just bot a unit, pool-facing. not many units left, abt 50+, mostly 3-rm facing the railway track. Got a couple left facing pool and nature reserve. Agent said tt FCT plans to relaunch showrm in Mar 07 using actual unit, n they may raise prices then, dunno if true or not

freeform
01-02-07, 15:53
Just bot a unit, pool-facing. not many units left, abt 50+, mostly 3-rm facing the railway track. Got a couple left facing pool and nature reserve. Agent said tt FCT plans to relaunch showrm in Mar 07 using actual unit, n they may raise prices then, dunno if true or not

How much can they raise prices to? That area is really depressed. The current property price boom has not help this area's market at all :(

What is amazing is that this area very near prime Bukit Timah. And yet prices are so low, lower than the non desirable East Coast areas like St Patrick, Siglap, and Joo Chiat. Even these not desirable East Coast areas have seen prices going up. Why not Upper Bukit Timah?

Unregistered
02-02-07, 14:27
I was checking out property prices in the area and 99 leasehold 3bd rms are consistently in the price range of 650K - 700K! Personally, I like the area because it's near my parents and I like the quiet location of the raintree. Meadowlodge (99yr) 3bd rm is going at almost 900K! So i don't really know where you get the idea that it's depressing. Maybe you have other insights that I've neglected? please share! :)

Not forgeting the upcoming MRT line will will run through upper bukit timah.

Kel
03-02-07, 16:35
most probable is the IR hype where properties ard the ECP are deemed close to the IR therefore command a supposed premium... hope the area ard upper bkt timah follows suit soon though we intend to keep it for our own home...

rbet
06-02-07, 14:56
My agent informed me that Raintree prices will go up by 1st March.

fantastic
06-02-07, 15:08
Over the weekend I saw a penthouse at Southaven II (999 years): 3,000 sf asking $1.1M. Bank valuation is around $1.13m. Complete with jacuzzi, garden, etc. Excellent condition, like new. Opposite is Courts and Banyan Tree. Not too far behind is Bukit Timah Hill nature reserve. It is near MGS, Ngee Ann Poly.

Developer was Ho Bee so I trust the quality.

btw, I am not an agent... just looking around for good cheap deals. IMO, Upper Bukit Timah (district 21) is just as good as the Thomson Road area where Sky@eleven is. Except in D21 you pay reasonable prices while in D11 Thomson you pay crazy prices. Thomson may be D11 but is no where near Newton or Orchard, so is the Sky@eleven price fair? You know the answer to that.

Unregistered
11-02-07, 19:47
My agent informed me that Raintree prices will go up by 1st March.
I just drove to the site today. The site was closed with agents standing outside. They informed that the prices are likely to go up next week.

Unregistered
13-02-07, 20:07
I just drove to the site today. The site was closed with agents standing outside. They informed that the prices are likely to go up next week.

The news is out. The price has increased by 10% as of today!

Cheers to those who bought early! :)

Unregistered
13-02-07, 21:11
The news is out. The price has increased by 10% as of today!

Cheers to those who bought early! :)
10% or 1%?

Unregistered
13-02-07, 21:37
10% or 1%?

Heard former discount of 8% (dps)/ 10% (nps) discontinued, back to selling as List Price.

Unregistered
13-02-07, 21:49
Heard former discount of 8% (dps)/
10% (nps) discontinued, back to selling as List Price.

Wow! so psf now is well above $500. Any subsales likely?

Unregistered
13-02-07, 22:30
Wow! so psf now is well above $500. Any subsales likely?

There may be temptation to sell I guess, though I do believe most former primary buyers were not speculators.

List Pricing itself may be revised upwards after the new show-unit is set-up, supposed there shouldn't be great hurry for units to change hands right now?

Wonder why bother with the show-unit tho', believed approx 10units have been sold frm weekend till now!?

Unregistered
13-02-07, 22:45
There may be temptation to sell I guess, though I do believe most former primary buyers were not speculators.

List Pricing itself may be revised upwards after the new show-unit is set-up, supposed there shouldn't be great hurry for units to change hands right now?

Wonder why bother with the show-unit tho', believed approx 10units have been sold frm weekend till now!?

Sounds like there are less than 50 units left. A showflat can help to sell the remaining units at a higher price. When is the new showflat open?

jrdl
13-02-07, 23:47
So what does the approx 10% increment translate to? Around $550psf now or more? What kind of units are available now?

Unregistered
14-02-07, 10:05
Sounds like there are less than 50 units left. A showflat can help to sell the remaining units at a higher price. When is the new showflat open?

Numbers should be around 40 I believe, that is as of yesterday.

Unregistered
14-02-07, 10:10
So what does the approx 10% increment translate to? Around $550psf now or more? What kind of units are available now?

Mostly low floors facing rail, and a few facing trees, one or two on 2nd floor face inwards. All 3 or more rms. Facing rail, which is the only high floor unit available (believe is on 7th floor).

Unregistered
14-02-07, 10:12

Heard the remaining units are mostly the train track facing and some facing the forest on the slope... any news when showflat will be open?

Unregistered
14-02-07, 16:13
According to the agent, the showroom will be open in Mar.

Unregistered
14-02-07, 16:50
According to the agent, the showroom will be open in Mar.
Is it 1st March?

Unregistered
14-02-07, 17:43
Is it 1st March?

cheong arh!!!! :D :D

Unregistered
14-02-07, 21:00
cheong arh!!!! :D :D

hee.... call the number nobody answer leh...

Unregistered
16-02-07, 10:36
The number on raintree's website is actually the 'showroom' number, therefore not valid. Try calling frasers centrepoint homes to enquire. My agent told me the show flat will be open on March.

Read on the other forum that there will be more developing around it and the prices are likely to be double of raintree. But i really doubt the authenticity of that comment. I bought an unit of raintree and i dont want other condos to appear there!!! Block my view only! grrr.

Unregistered
16-02-07, 14:11
The number on raintree's website is actually the 'showroom' number, therefore not valid. Try calling frasers centrepoint homes to enquire. My agent told me the show flat will be open on March.

Read on the other forum that there will be more developing around it and the prices are likely to be double of raintree. But i really doubt the authenticity of that comment. I bought an unit of raintree and i dont want other condos to appear there!!! Block my view only! grrr.

what are you talking about. there are already other condos there. southaven, springdale, le wood.

Unregistered
16-02-07, 15:16

Where are the other forum that talks about more developments around the area?

Unregistered
22-02-07, 05:46
Check out the latest development of the project at Singaporebrides.com

Unregistered
05-03-07, 16:11
dun mind can post some of those pics here? the thread there very messy. here is more centralised.

good value
05-03-07, 16:53
Compared to Garden Vista, The Raintree is good value for money. Why? Because it is the most unique out of all the condos in the area, and also most Raintree owners bought it very cheaply.

I heard Garden Vista II will be launching soon. Good luck to current Garden Vista owners. You will see your value go down the drain. Bet you didn't know Far East going to launch another one there, right?

Never trust Far East. They will always betray you. Look at Hillview condos that kena landslide. All of them by Far East.

Trust Centrepoint. Looking at most of their projects, always have good value for money, good quality, and have long term strategic plan. Case in point: Valley Park. Still very solid and well-maintained after so long. Prices are still high. This will be the case also with 8 @ Mount Sophia and One Leicester.

Unregistered
05-03-07, 22:01
Compared to Garden Vista, The Raintree is good value for money. Why? Because it is the most unique out of all the condos in the area, and also most Raintree owners bought it very cheaply.

I heard Garden Vista II will be launching soon. Good luck to current Garden Vista owners. You will see your value go down the drain. Bet you didn't know Far East going to launch another one there, right?

Never trust Far East. They will always betray you. Look at Hillview condos that kena landslide. All of them by Far East.

Trust Centrepoint. Looking at most of their projects, always have good value for money, good quality, and have long term strategic plan. Case in point: Valley Park. Still very solid and well-maintained after so long. Prices are still high. This will be the case also with 8 @ Mount Sophia and One Leicester.

Yeah, heard looks really cool from top of the bridge. In the midst of BuKit Timah greenery...

Unregistered
05-03-07, 22:07
what are you talking about. there are already other condos there. southaven, springdale, le wood.

Won't block lah... Raintree is built on slightly raised ground.. can see its raised when u look from higher ground...

Unregistered
05-03-07, 22:08

Won't block...

Unregistered
05-03-07, 22:14
Monkey issues?

Unregistered
05-03-07, 22:27
Monkey issues?

While the public takes time to educate, residents would need to make it a point not to encourage "monkey behaviour"? Don't feed them and make it difficult for them to steal food, think shld be fine. Worse case scenario, get a super soaker, heard it's harmless, yet works great on straying monkeys.. haha

ryan
05-03-07, 22:33
Take the monkey issue positively. Where else in the world do you get to live in a modern condominium right beside untamed nature? I am sure Western expat families would love to live there, as their children are less sheltered than Singapore kids, and would love to be in such close contact with the monkeys and other forest animals.

Unregistered
05-03-07, 22:35
Take the monkey issue positively. Where else in the world do you get to live in a modern condominium right beside untamed nature? I am sure Western expat families would love to live there, as their children are less sheltered than Singapore kids, and would love to be in such close contact with the monkeys and other forest animals.

It's not funny when monkeys come into your apartment to steal food and soil the apartment....

Unregistered
05-03-07, 22:36
While the public takes time to educate, residents would need to make it a point not to encourage "monkey behaviour"? Don't feed them and make it difficult for them to steal food, think shld be fine. Worse case scenario, get a super soaker, heard it's harmless, yet works great on straying monkeys.. haha
Whats a super soaker?

Precieux
05-03-07, 22:39
Whats a super soaker?

Hee, different generations, different names?! Large water guns.. was quite 'in' for a period of time, as the the force is greater, the water travels further...

Precieux
05-03-07, 22:46
Some of my friends plagued by monkeys in other developments (monkey issus are common even in other districts), have tried the those super water guns after failing in trapping a particularly tiresome monkey. The monkey did not return after a couple of 'hits' by the water.

Then again of cos' that's just one monkey making negative reinforcements easier to enforce... haha

Unregistered
05-03-07, 22:50

Yeah, make more signs telling people to help the monkeys return to the forest by not feeding them...

Unregistered
05-03-07, 22:58
I am a future owner there as well.

I totally agree not to feed the monkeys, it will only make them come again, and the number will get more and more. It's animal instinct, where there is food, they will go.

Also important to make sure those having BBQ in the estate in future do not throw food around.

Otherwise, it should be a very nice place to stay!!!

Unregistered
05-03-07, 23:14
I am a future owner there as well.

I totally agree not to feed the monkeys, it will only make them come again, and the number will get more and more. It's animal instinct, where there is food, they will go.

Also important to make sure those having BBQ in the estate in future do not throw food around.

Otherwise, it should be a very nice place to stay!!!

Yeah, my agent was telling me hw cute the monkeys were..brought children there to look at them.. they were shy and hidding out... she threw bread at them to make them cum out!!! Gawd, while i was shocked, i really didnt know wat to say to her at that point! Need to prepare some standard spiels that I wld need to use to tell all visiting friends nicely not to feed without being rude..

Unregistered
06-03-07, 09:19
Yeah, my agent was telling me hw cute the monkeys were..brought children there to look at them.. they were shy and hidding out... she threw bread at them to make them cum out!!! Gawd, while i was shocked, i really didnt know wat to say to her at that point! Need to prepare some standard spiels that I wld need to use to tell all visiting friends nicely not to feed without being rude..
The monkeys there are NOT shy at all! They would look right into your eyes if you stare at them. There are reported cases that they snatch people's food and plastic bags...

Unregistered
06-03-07, 12:44
Yes. I saw one monkey snatching a ang moh lady's plastic bag before. Maybe there is food inside, but it is not meant for the monkeys one. The lady got a rude shock and struggled with the monkey. the monkey even snared at her. My wife was shocked when she saw how fierce the monkeys can be.

Unregistered
06-03-07, 12:48
The lesson here is: don't tempt the monkeys with food. When they are hungry and they see food, they will act on basic instinct: get the food AT ALL COSTS, which may include scratching or injuring the human being carrying the food.

Unregistered
06-03-07, 13:26
The lesson here is: don't tempt the monkeys with food. When they are hungry and they see food, they will act on basic instinct: get the food AT ALL COSTS, which may include scratching or injuring the human being carrying the food.
Stressful leh... so I cannot carry plastic of foods when I walk in and out raintree....

ryan
06-03-07, 14:02
Cover the food up well so that the smell doesn't get out. If the smell gets out, not only monkeys but cats and dogs will also follow you.:eek:

Unregistered
06-03-07, 14:10
Cover the food up well so that the smell doesn't get out. If the smell gets out, not only monkeys but cats and dogs will also follow you.:eek:
Don't think smell is an issue leh... so long as they see plastic bags, they think its food.

* plastic bag = food inside =(

me
06-03-07, 15:19
Whatever lah! :) Its not a problem for me. I just can't wait for it to TOP and move in! Am really looking forward to living there... I love that area, so nice and so tranquil, lots of greenery and sparsely populated. yet it is just a quick drive down to the city.

Unregistered
06-03-07, 15:29
Whatever lah! :) Its not a problem for me. I just can't wait for it to TOP and move in! Am really looking forward to living there... I love that area, so nice and so tranquil, lots of greenery and sparsely populated. yet it is just a quick drive down to the city.
When TOP? Which is the nearest MRT station? Any idea where the new bukit timah line will be in the vicinity?

Unregistered
06-03-07, 23:13
Don't think smell is an issue leh... so long as they see plastic bags, they think its food.

* plastic bag = food inside =(

hmm just wondering if its preferable to hav crows snatching your food or monkeys snatching ya food?!? haha

Unregistered
07-03-07, 14:41
At the rate the construction is going, do you guys think it's possible to move in by end of 2007 or by Jan/Feb 2008?

Unregistered
07-03-07, 14:58
At the rate the construction is going, do you guys think it's possible to move in by end of 2007 or by Jan/Feb 2008?

Heard Centrepoint's targeting 1st quarter of 2008.

Unregistered
07-03-07, 15:57
Heard Centrepoint's targeting 1st quarter of 2008.
Where do you get your news?

Precieux
07-03-07, 20:51
Where do you get your news?

Heard from developer's staff that they are pushing for 1st quarter 2008. But of cos at the end of the day, intent may not equate delivery, actual delivery would be dependent on multiple factors.

serious buyer
08-03-07, 20:50
anyone knows
- if the discount still given on case by case basis? (as claimed by condo.com.sg)
- any low floor units facing trees?
- what's latest psf???

Unregistered
09-03-07, 08:17
anyone knows
- if the discount still given on case by case basis? (as claimed by condo.com.sg)
- any low floor units facing trees?
- what's latest psf???

- I don't know if there's still discounts.
- low floor units facing train tracks still available. I bought a level 3 unit because it's cheap. Went to the actual unit at the construction site and realise that I can't even see the train track which is great news because the garden vista units have a FULL VIEW of the ugly tracks. I'm facing some decent greenery too, behind that I can see a little bit of South Haven.
- Last heard frm my agent: 508psf to 580psf depending on facing. But that's for 3bd rm units. didnt ask about 2rm, 3+1 or 4.

P/S i really didn't like the lap pool facing units - because you the satelitte dish is right in front you.

Precieux
10-03-07, 12:27
- I don't know if there's still discounts.
- low floor units facing train tracks still available. I bought a level 3 unit because it's cheap. Went to the actual unit at the construction site and realise that I can't even see the train track which is great news because the garden vista units have a FULL VIEW of the ugly tracks. I'm facing some decent greenery too, behind that I can see a little bit of South Haven.
- Last heard frm my agent: 508psf to 580psf depending on facing. But that's for 3bd rm units. didnt ask about 2rm, 3+1 or 4.

P/S i really didn't like the lap pool facing units - because you the satelitte dish is right in front you.

Anyways heard its mostly 3+1 left. I personally feel that there don't seem to be any really "bad views" in this development, which is surprising & gd. Had first thought that unit facing tracks was "bad view" but my partner like the train & the tracks... then later to my delight & my partner's disappointment, discovered that one can hardly see the train/tracks!

Unregistered
11-03-07, 03:17
the pool facing one can only see slight part of the radio tower.
if trees are taller, maybe can't see. checked on google earth,
it's about 500m to the left corner.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.9f826e2296.jpg (http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?9f826e2296.jpg)

i am eyeing a unit there but was quoted 580psf.

agent claims developer will not bulge.
some folks at condo.com.sg says developer might
sell at old price on case by case basis.

anyone knows?

Unregistered
11-03-07, 04:35
the pool facing one can only see slight part of the radio tower.
if trees are taller, maybe can't see. checked on google earth,
it's about 500m to the left corner.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.9f826e2296.jpg (http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?9f826e2296.jpg)

i am eyeing a unit there but was quoted 580psf.

agent claims developer will not bulge.
some folks at condo.com.sg says developer might
sell at old price on case by case basis.

anyone knows?

Hi there, are u the same person asking the question in the condo.com.sg forum? Anyways heard from my agent that the developer on an earlier occasion had even tried to stop her from completing her sales at old prices. Complain that they'd have nothing to sell at higher prices by time show room opens if the agents continue to stakeout that area without shw room and pushing for sales on the basis that price would be increasing/more shortly. Am not sure how true though.

But of course to me it would not make sense to sell at lower price with positive private market sentiments, so little units left and expensive showroom on its way...?

jrdl
11-03-07, 04:45
Showroom reopened??

Precieux
11-03-07, 12:12
Showroom reopened??

Not yet, heard in 1 or 2 more weeks.

Unregistered
11-03-07, 14:09
Hi, am a owner of a unit and one of the first few who purchased a unit. I was wondering how many of us here are owners of a unit at RT. As the TOP is drawing near, I was wondering if actual owners wanted to form a RT owner's group to exchange information regarding TOP, payments (advance maintenance, surveyor, reno, etc), added finge benefits, and other info for the benefits of the owner. I suggest that we form an email group to exchange these information. U can email me at [email protected] and I will consolidate all owners and form a cc list to keep the group updated.

Cheers to all and hope to hear from u soon!

Some of the points to note upon TOP as told by agent:

1) 6 month's worth of maintenance fees to be paid upfront;
2) Surveyors' fee in cash to be paid to lawyer (need group member to advice so as not to kana tok by lawyer);
3) Support help here to identify common faults upon checking installed components;
4) Fixture cost not provided by developer (eg, main gate, rear window gate, etc)
5) Etc.

ht
11-03-07, 17:00
I bought a 4th floor unit in Blk 83 (~ $450 psf), not sure if it is defined as track facing.
While we had the intention to stay, may consider sub sale if the price is attractive enough to convince us to let go of such a wonderful development.

Unregistered
11-03-07, 18:35
I bought a 4th floor unit in Blk 83 (~ $450 psf), not sure if it is defined as track facing.
While we had the intention to stay, may consider sub sale if the price is attractive enough to convince us to let go of such a wonderful development.
If you let go of raintree,how else are you going to get another home at such a good price?

rbet
11-03-07, 22:16
Being looking at many other developments after buying RT, and still can't believe that we got a nice development and such a good price. Seriously cannot believe my luck :P

i saw one-north on sat, my goodness freaking expensive for so-so workmanship. Seriously, master bedroom's wardrobe is in the toilet lor! :doh:

Unregistered
11-03-07, 22:54
Thanks RT owners,

I have replied those who has emailed me and have some updates for u. As i will be away for the week, new guys that just emailed be kindly wait for me to be back during the coming weekend.

Really look forward to the support group discussions and updates!

New true owners of RT kindly email me at [email protected]

Cheers!

Unregistered
11-03-07, 22:57
HT, kindly email me. ([email protected]). We're neighbours!

Neighbours
12-03-07, 12:40
Hi all,

I purchased a 2 bed room unit in Dec 05 facing the railway. I understand that the actual TOP date will be 1 year earlier. Not sure if there is any chance to TOP Dec 07. Cant wait to move in.

There is an agent that quoted 485 - 500K for the 2 bed room unit. Even though its attractive but its kind of difficult to purchase a brand new 2 bed room condo with raintree pricing.

I stay in Blk 83, neighbour of some of you here. Hope to see you guys soon :)

Neighbour
12-03-07, 13:03
Hi HT,

We are neighbour

ht
12-03-07, 15:55
HT, kindly email me. ([email protected]). We're neighbours!

Hello future neighbour,

done that, let me know if did not receive, will resend.
I will be away till end of the month, will catch up from then.

ht
12-03-07, 15:58
Hi all,

There is an agent that quoted 485 - 500K for the 2 bed room unit. Even though its attractive but its kind of difficult to purchase a brand new 2 bed room condo with raintree pricing.

I stay in Blk 83, neighbour of some of you here. Hope to see you guys soon :)

Just curious, how did you get the agent to quote ? I have 3-bedder in the same block. He He ;)
Thanks.

Unregistered
12-03-07, 22:59
Hi "Neighbours" of Blk 83, kindly email me. Thanks!

([email protected])

Have replied email and I've got 10+ RT owners here. Shall consolidate the cc list and send out this weekend after my stuffs are done. Cheers!

Unregistered
13-03-07, 23:17
Just curious, how did you get the agent to quote ? I have 3-bedder in the same block. He He ;)
Thanks.

HT,

Its a long long story......

Unregistered
15-03-07, 18:42
Was one of you there near the site trying to see the status of the construction yesterday? Driving a white Toyota? I was there on the way in but my car had some problems (my wheel housing drop off)... so have to turn back and make my way to the workshop instead... :(

So how's the status?

Btw, I am driving a red Peugeot 407.

Unregistered
15-03-07, 18:59
Was one of you there near the site trying to see the status of the construction yesterday? Driving a white Toyota? I was there on the way in but my car had some problems (my wheel housing drop off)... so have to turn back and make my way to the workshop instead... :(

So how's the status?

Btw, I am driving a red Peugeot 407.

Sorry to hear that!

jrdl
15-03-07, 19:50
Was looking at the floor plans at the website.... is there no bath tub for the 3 bedders? For those who bought earlier, how much psf for the 3 br facing pool?
Thanks...

Unregistered
15-03-07, 23:51
Was looking at the floor plans at the website.... is there no bath tub for the 3 bedders? For those who bought earlier, how much psf for the 3 br facing pool?
Thanks...

There is no bathtub for all units in Raintree, I think. Depending you like bathtub or not, it can be a plus or a minus. For me, most likely it is going to be a white elephant at home, so better do without it, then I can get a bigger moving area in the bathroom. :)

I bought 1 unit in Sep'06, facing the landscaping and a bit of the pool. Top floor. Paid about $512psf.

Cheers! :)

Unregistered
16-03-07, 00:24
Hi there...

I would like to know if there are any units available at the RT? If there is a showroom?

Tks !

Unregistered
16-03-07, 00:35
Hi there...

I would like to know if there are any units available at the RT? If there is a showroom?

Tks !

Units- yes
Shwrm- Next week. former one torn dwn

Unregistered
16-03-07, 00:37
Units- yes
Shwrm- Next week. former one torn dwn

Limited units tho. plus minus 30. Prolly best kep secret in sin! :p

Unregistered
16-03-07, 08:56
pool-facing only got 1 unit left, the rest mainly facing the railway track

Unregistered
16-03-07, 09:46
bought a unit recently n thought that the bank's legal subsidy of $2k would be enough, but the lawyer's invoice came up to abt $4k (incl disbursements and for cpf's lawyers). anyone hv experience in this and do u think the fees are reasonable?

Unregistered
16-03-07, 10:19
bought a unit recently n thought that the bank's legal subsidy of $2k would be enough, but the lawyer's invoice came up to abt $4k (incl disbursements and for cpf's lawyers). anyone hv experience in this and do u think the fees are reasonable?
My legal fees was thousand plus....

Unregistered
16-03-07, 10:42

does the fee include disbursements (stamp fee, registration fee, etc to be paid on our behalf?) i tried to bargain and my lawyer told me tt if that's the case, he'll be making losses, etc. but i think $4k seems quite high as I've heard fm others tt its normally abt $2k plus

Unregistered
16-03-07, 10:52
read earlier post. pool facing is almost 580psf.
quite ex. moreover as one post pointed out...faces the radio tower too.
rail facing seems better. view slightly marred by southhaven,
slight noise problem only.

but hey, no radio exposure! protected by rear neighbor.

Unregistered
16-03-07, 11:00

Got my unit last mth, 3 bdrm, highest floor, pool-facing, abt $515psf. 3 floors lower was $498psf but decided to pay a bit more for the height. The 580psf is prob for the 3+1 or 4 bdrm highest flr facing pool.

Unregistered
16-03-07, 12:06
last month price has not increased?

anyone buying, drop me an sms 98381221.
maybe can arrange to buy together...get the 1% additional discount.

Unregistered
16-03-07, 12:50
Got my unit last mth, 3 bdrm, highest floor, pool-facing, abt $515psf. 3 floors lower was $498psf but decided to pay a bit more for the height. The 580psf is prob for the 3+1 or 4 bdrm highest flr facing pool.

For pool or gaden facing, consider mid-low floor units because the view is not as great when you are too far away from. Noise is less of an issue as it tends to travel upwards, you actually hear less noise (from the pool), but yet better view of the pool. For rail or reserve facing, consider high floor units because low floor units will be blocked by bushes and trees and there will be nothing in front of you except trees in super close distance (tress and mountain look wonderful only at a distance and you may end up with assortment of insects flying/crawling into your unit).

Unregistered
16-03-07, 13:05

Why don't you turn your radio on and see if you hear anything? If so, that would mean the radio wave is getting to you. Nowhere to hide, good news that you are probably not getting more exposure from radio wave than other waves: microwaves, UV, GPS, .......

Unregistered
16-03-07, 13:28
does the fee include disbursements (stamp fee, registration fee, etc to be paid on our behalf?) i tried to bargain and my lawyer told me tt if that's the case, he'll be making losses, etc. but i think $4k seems quite high as I've heard fm others tt its normally abt $2k plus
Think the lawyers normally quote with everything in, abt $3k shld be reasonable

Unregistered
16-03-07, 13:39
For pool or gaden facing, consider mid-low floor units because the view is not as great when you are too far away from. Noise is less of an issue as it tends to travel upwards, you actually hear less noise (from the pool), but yet better view of the pool. For rail or reserve facing, consider high floor units because low floor units will be blocked by bushes and trees and there will be nothing in front of you except trees in super close distance (tress and mountain look wonderful only at a distance and you may end up with assortment of insects flying/crawling into your unit).
is it true that for the highest floors of each block, the ceiling height is higher compared to the rest of the units? that was what the agent was trying to market to me, dunno if real or not

Unregistered
16-03-07, 13:41
don't think got such cheap legal fees lah, like dat how the lawyer survive?

Unregistered
16-03-07, 14:01
is it true that for the highest floors of each block, the ceiling height is higher compared to the rest of the units? that was what the agent was trying to market to me, dunno if real or not

It should be opposite, the ground floor in all projects should have high ceiling because of rules and regulations. However, it is possible that RT has high ceiling for the highest floor, but I don't think it is required from the developer

Unregistered
16-03-07, 14:12
It should be opposite, the ground floor in all projects should have high ceiling because of rules and regulations. However, it is possible that RT has high ceiling for the highest floor, but I don't think it is required from the developer
hmmm, maybe the agent taking me for a ride, said tt u pay more for higher flr cos higher ceiling.....

Unregistered
16-03-07, 15:15

May I ask which blk did you get? When I purchase my unit in Jan this year, agent told me all pool facing 3-rm top floor taken? I even have the print out of all the unit available (with pricing) with me, dun c any top floor available. Hope my agent did't pull a fast one on me

You said highest floor meaning top floor or highest floor available?

Unregistered
16-03-07, 15:17
not all waves are the same....
light is an electromagnetic wave.
radio wave is an electromagnetic wave.
can light penetrate a wall?

the waves are just bending around the walls.
so the more walls between tower and self, the better!

kudos to those who bought rail facing units!
sound waves better than radio waves.

Unregistered
16-03-07, 15:29
May I ask which blk did you get? When I purchase my unit in Jan this year, agent told me all pool facing 3-rm top floor taken? I even have the print out of all the unit available (with pricing) with me, dun c any top floor available. Hope my agent did't pull a fast one on me

mine's 7th flr, highest for my blk... agents sometimes show u wat they wan to sell, or maybe kiv some units for other buyers, frens, etc

Unregistered
16-03-07, 16:55
[QUOTE=Unregistered]not all waves are the same....

sound waves better than radio waves.[/QUOT

How many radio towers are directly facing RT? At what angle? Do you know what sort

I went there a couple weeks ago when all the blocks are elected and managed to take a lot of pics from many angles, only one particulat angle from the pool can actually see part of the tower (the rest was hidden (blocked) by trees) on the mountain top, unless you get an unit #19 or #20, you should even not be able to see thw tower. I think you are simply not making sense by saying that all pool units are facing radio towers. I doubt whether you have been to the site at all?

Unregistered
16-03-07, 18:07
not all waves are the same....

sound waves better than radio waves.

I heard the rail facing unit will have more insect problem and afternoon sun. If you can't afford pool facing, just admit it instead spending time here to curse your future neighbours. I have doubt whether you can afford any unit at all. If you do plan to live there, I feel sad for the residents of RT to have your kind of neighbours around. Then again, every basket would have a few apples and that is life, we just need to learn to live with it.

Unregistered
16-03-07, 18:10
I heard the rail facing unit will have more insect problem and afternoon sun. If you can't afford pool facing, just admit it instead spending time here to curse your future neighbours. I have doubt whether you can afford any unit at all. If you do plan to live there, I feel sad for the residents of RT to have your kind of neighbours around. Then again, every basket would have a few apples and that is life, we just need to learn to live with it.

Correction:

Every basket will have a few bad apples and sour lemons and you are just one of those bad apple. No big deal

Unregistered
16-03-07, 20:48
Hey, cool down man! Why all the arguments here? Every apartment unit is a gem to its home owner. We are not in a position to criticise the bad of other pple's apartment. Home is a very personal thing to individual. Let us all live in peace and harmony at the Raintree =)

Unregistered
16-03-07, 20:50
mine's 7th flr, highest for my blk... agents sometimes show u wat they wan to sell, or maybe kiv some units for other buyers, frens, etc

Ok, my mistake. After looking thru the lists of available units, yes, yours was still available then.

Unregistered
17-03-07, 06:22
You explained that radio waves can reach all places using the
radio-got-music illustration. I explained more technically that
radio wave, like light, is an electromagnetic wave and
won't penetrate walls. Bending over multiple walls would be difficult.

If you can't refute back technically, don't use personal insults
like implying I don't have financial capability, a sour lemon,
or a bad neighbour. All of which you cannot prove factually.
Such statements only reflect poorly on your intelligence,
temper, and civility.

I am glad RT has 300 over units. If it was a smaller development,
chances of bumping into you would be great.

Unregistered
17-03-07, 10:05

temper, and civility.

You can't just say radio wave is bad and therefore you are glad that your next door neighbour (those facing the pool) will just absorb the bad wave on your behalf to keep you healthy. You are more than a bad apple, you are actually evel!

If you are really intelligence, you should provide us with the information to inform us on "potentially harzadous" doses by which radio wave may be a probelm. Based on the distance of the tower to RT, in the worst case senario, you find a spot in the RT that you stand there 24h facing the tower directly, what would the daily expsure be and would this level of exposure is considered dangerous?

There is only one radio tower that is partially facing RT. In Hillview area, there are a cluster of radio tower facing the condos. If radio wave is so bad, those folks would be in bad shape by now.

Unregistered
17-03-07, 10:12

temper, and civility.

It is actually rather insulting that you try to convince us that you are "intelligence". However, given the choice to choose between "intelligence" and "evil", I would rather to live with neighbours who are not intelligence rather than "evil".

Unregistered
17-03-07, 11:00
It is actually rather insulting that you try to convince us that you are "intelligence". However, given the choice to choose between "intelligence" and "evil", I would rather to live with neighbours who are not intelligence rather than "evil".

I am a "ghost and evil" crusher, I can help.

Unregistered
17-03-07, 12:42
last month price has not increased?

anyone buying, drop me an sms 98381221.
maybe can arrange to buy together...get the 1% additional discount.

just got the news from the agent, developer has increased the price by another 5% from today. Hope you can ask your agent to lock-in or honor the old rate. I found this surprising as I thought they will do so only on the day they open the showflat. Wondering whether they will increase again when showflat finally open in a few weeks time?

Unregistered
17-03-07, 15:07
Hello Aunties and Uncles - I call you Aunties and Uncles because you people listen to old wives tales and urban myths on how being near radio towers can cause you radioactive sickness.

My point is: they don't cause you any illness. There is no scientific evidence that it does. The Singapore Government will never let that happen to Singaporeans. Bukit Timah Hill is still a lush evergreen forest inhabited by healthy teeming wildlife and visited daily by many tourists and locals alike. There is practically ZERO effect that radio waves from the tower have on any living thing around.

You get more radiation into your body just by watching your widescreen LCD/plasma TV or typing on your laptop. Did you know that?

Let us put it this way. Do you know Lim Chu Kang, where a lot of Singapore's organic foodstuff are grown? There are lots of radio towers there as well. Won't our food be polluted by radioactive waves? The answer is NO. The radiation is definitely not strong enough, by a few square roots.

Unregistered
17-03-07, 16:15
Hello Aunties and Uncles - I call you Aunties and Uncles because you people listen to old wives tales and urban myths on how being near radio towers can cause you radioactive sickness.

My point is: they don't cause you any illness. There is no scientific evidence that it does. The Singapore Government will never let that happen to Singaporeans. Bukit Timah Hill is still a lush evergreen forest inhabited by healthy teeming wildlife and visited daily by many tourists and locals alike. There is practically ZERO effect that radio waves from the tower have on any living thing around.

You get more radiation into your body just by watching your widescreen LCD/plasma TV or typing on your laptop. Did you know that?

Let us put it this way. Do you know Lim Chu Kang, where a lot of Singapore's organic foodstuff are grown? There are lots of radio towers there as well. Won't our food be polluted by radioactive waves? The answer is NO. The radiation is definitely not strong enough, by a few square roots.

Thanks,
I hope you will be living there. Good to have neighbour like you.

Unregistered
17-03-07, 18:17
hey, neighbour...waves are not radioactive.
they are different.

1. at high level, radio wave is *known* as fact to have an effect
on human health.
2. at low level and temporary exposure, it is deemed to be safe.
3. at low level AND long term exposure, scientists are still studying.

government only has guidelines for situation 1 and 2.
seems like you have guideline for situation 3.
we must be informed buyers. some of us buying there
have studied the pros and cons, and made the best
decision according to each personal conditions and
environment.

Unregistered
17-03-07, 18:19
Hey, intelligent but "evil" neighbour! I like your technical explainations.
Good to have some smart people in RT. Good diversity!

VP
17-03-07, 18:38
Thanks. I don't live at RT. I am just stating some explainations after reading the post. But don't know why this RT owner so sensitive. If he believes so much that radio wave is safe, then no need to shout so loud. If cannot accept the explaination, then just ignore. No need to call names and make personal remarks. Very childish.

Unregistered
17-03-07, 19:54
they are different.

on human health.

environment.

I am glad that you said you have studied before you buy. Please enlighten us if I am at an unit facing pool or evn better, I don't work, but simply sitting at a position directly facing the radio tower all day, am I considered my level of exposure "high"? You must have all the technical number regarding to emission for the radio tower there, can you kindly share with the rest of us.
Proof us you had really done the research pertaining to the specific case to RT, else anyone can pull out the type of statements made by you from internet in five mins.

Unregistered
17-03-07, 20:03
Thanks. I don't live at RT. I am just stating some explainations after reading the post. But don't know why this RT owner so sensitive. If he believes so much that radio wave is safe, then no need to shout so loud. If cannot accept the explaination, then just ignore. No need to call names and make personal remarks. Very childish.

I think he/she was angry not because he annoyed by the comment that radio wave wasn't safe. He/She simply annoyed by this person "evil" attitude that his neighbour shield him from all the harmful effect of radio effect. If after 10-20 yrs, it proves that indeed is true, the value of RT would certainly affected and no question entire RT would be affected. If he/she is concerning about the wave, he/she should not live at RT in the first place

Unregistered
17-03-07, 22:37
they are different.

on human health.

environment.

Scientists have been studying and debating it for close to hundred year on the so called, "long term effect for low level exposure". I guess the reason that it is so difficult in getting an answer is that no scientist live long enough himself/herself to obtain a definitive conclusion. We all will die someday and I am sure we will never know whether our life span has been cut short by a few years because we are living at RT. Why don't we enjoy all the wonderful things that RT can offer and live life to the fullest

Unregistered
17-03-07, 23:08
Well said! THere is much more things in life to tackle than fussing over the uncertainties of radio tower. Life is short, enjoy it to the fullest!

sylar
18-03-07, 00:31
evil implications was put in by the hot tempered RT owner (hotro).
there was no negative intent when the radiation issue was explained.
it was just stated as a matter of fact that concrete walls would deflect
waves. it was not about neighbours human bodies abosrbing waves on
other's behalf.

hotro threw in those remarks as his personal insults when he couldn't
refute simple technical explainations. now he's trying to use the technical
approach to his advantage by asking unreasonably for hard numbers.
he refuses to understand that this issue is under study! it is a concern big enough for government to pour money into research and rethink of their guidelines. this topic is not studied for hundred years. electricity and radio waves are not around for so long.

how do you define real evil? my statements which are meant to raise a potential issue which might affect everyone? OR one who chooses to make blanket statements to brush away the possible hazards and make it *definitely* safe (because it is safe for yio chu kang vegetables, it is safe for us!).

who is worse? the one who cried...hey, i smell smoke. maybe got fire!
or the next guy who said...what smoke? no smoke. small fire won't kill.
let's enjoy the fresh air instead!

....because he wants to believe that the fire will not affect his life or his property? ignorance is bliss indeed. radiation may or may not shorten one's life. maybe not by a few years. maybe not at all. maybe it might affect our kids instead. or maybe not at all.

do you know of asbestos history in the 40's? at that time even governments aided in the denial that asbestos was hazardous. asbestos were used in house insulation. everyone claimed it was safe.

medical science is not a definitive science. it is made up of observations and a lot of statistics. it takes years to collect such data. even then it is a probabilistic science. e.g. when a doctor see symptoms in a patient, he can only say it high percentage to be a certain illness. compared to engineering which uses more formulas and hard numbers. 1 plus 1 is confirmed 2. when hotro asked for hard numbers of how much exposure is confirmed entering his room and how much is required to fry his naive mind? it's like saying...tell me how hot is the fire in the absolute kelvin scale. tell me how big is the fire and how many houses it is confirmed to burn down! tell me the actual burning pattern of fire! if you can't tell me those actual numbers, then fire must be safe.

i will not make any more post. i have already made my point.
any more post is only meant to educate one single hotro
which is a waste of time. hotro likes to bend statements. it is obvious
his emotion is stronger than his logic. so i have decided let it be then.

the remaining 30 or so potential buyers can weigh all such issues and make their decisions respectively according to their financial capability, risk appetite, and comfort level.

lincoln
18-03-07, 02:20
Hi fellow RT neighbours

Glad to see such active discussions in this thread.

I bought a 3-room reserve facing unit last year for about $492 psf. I consider it a value-buy for a location like this. There aren't really many reserve facing units left and if I am not wrong, maybe only 2nd or 3rd storey units are available now. Personally, I also think the railway facing units are not that bad, considering the prices are really attractive! For less than $600k, you can get a very high floor unit.....

There has been a lot of concerns about monkeys, pest, huminity, etc. But I guess if you want to live in a surrounding like this, you must be prepared to deal with these less favourable factors. Honestly, I doubt monkey will be an issue, especially for higher floor units.

Last weekend, I've been to the site. Don't think the showroom is opened yet but it will be at Blk 81 near the entrance.

Unregistered
18-03-07, 12:17
evil implications was put in by the hot tempered RT owner (hotro).
there was no negative intent when the radiation issue was explained.
it was just stated as a matter of fact that concrete walls would deflect
waves. it was not about neighbours human bodies abosrbing waves on
other's behalf.

hotro threw in those remarks as his personal insults when he couldn't
refute simple technical explainations. now he's trying to use the technical
approach to his advantage by asking unreasonably for hard numbers.
he refuses to understand that this issue is under study! it is a concern big enough for government to pour money into research and rethink of their guidelines. this topic is not studied for hundred years. electricity and radio waves are not around for so long.

how do you define real evil? my statements which are meant to raise a potential issue which might affect everyone? OR one who chooses to make blanket statements to brush away the possible hazards and make it *definitely* safe (because it is safe for yio chu kang vegetables, it is safe for us!).

who is worse? the one who cried...hey, i smell smoke. maybe got fire!
or the next guy who said...what smoke? no smoke. small fire won't kill.
let's enjoy the fresh air instead!

....because he wants to believe that the fire will not affect his life or his property? ignorance is bliss indeed. radiation may or may not shorten one's life. maybe not by a few years. maybe not at all. maybe it might affect our kids instead. or maybe not at all.

do you know of asbestos history in the 40's? at that time even governments aided in the denial that asbestos was hazardous. asbestos were used in house insulation. everyone claimed it was safe.

medical science is not a definitive science. it is made up of observations and a lot of statistics. it takes years to collect such data. even then it is a probabilistic science. e.g. when a doctor see symptoms in a patient, he can only say it high percentage to be a certain illness. compared to engineering which uses more formulas and hard numbers. 1 plus 1 is confirmed 2. when hotro asked for hard numbers of how much exposure is confirmed entering his room and how much is required to fry his naive mind? it's like saying...tell me how hot is the fire in the absolute kelvin scale. tell me how big is the fire and how many houses it is confirmed to burn down! tell me the actual burning pattern of fire! if you can't tell me those actual numbers, then fire must be safe.

i will not make any more post. i have already made my point.
any more post is only meant to educate one single hotro
which is a waste of time. hotro likes to bend statements. it is obvious
his emotion is stronger than his logic. so i have decided let it be then.

the remaining 30 or so potential buyers can weigh all such issues and make their decisions respectively according to their financial capability, risk appetite, and comfort level.

The nice thing about this thread is that you can't erase what you wrote.

You said (for those who are interested, please refer to his message on page 6):

"buy Hey, no radio exposure! protected by rear neighbor"

While I guess residents at RT can come you with their own judgement whether it is fair that one resident think you are a bad apple or "evil", I certainly would consider myself very unlucky if I end you with you as my next door neighbour.

resident
18-03-07, 14:04
dude...are you sure it's the same person?
i was the one who made the page 6 remarks.
no wonder that guy called you hotro.

i have a unit facing rail. the guy who explained
the radation issue to you seems like a kaypoh visitor!
but heck, i think he's right....
haha

take it easy. don't be so easily annoyed.

Unregistered
18-03-07, 20:49
Dear RT owners,

Hazardess or not (Radio wave) I do not know. What I do know is that Singapore has strict regulations on radio wave emissions and cell phone boardcasting station placement and anglement. If residents are uncomfortable with this issue, I'm sure we can raise this issue up with the developer to ask for an official assurance that RT is a safe place to live in. (Since we are not informed at the time of purchase on this issue and think they have a responsibility to survey the site to make safe the place for residence.)

Guess this can only be done when we move in next year. We have other important issues to tackle when moving in to make RT an ideal place to stay.

RT support group, U'll be getting emails mon or tues when I return to office. Thanks for writing in!

Unregistered
19-03-07, 05:22
hi RT owner:

i want to break my silence though i said i would make my last post.
i raised the radiation issue because i felt hotro was not right to make
an uneducated blanket statement.

some people buy houses right in front of main roads and they
buy with the knowledge that it is *possible* that kids or pets
might run out and get hit by cars. they don't deny that car accidents
are impossible. they just live with the risk and try to be careful.

it is not right to say there is a gate or government has strict
traffic rules. so there will be NO risk. this is irresponsible.
worse is for the owner to tell other owners the same thing
as a *fact*. this is considered selfish and stupid.

i didnt say radiation will definitely kill you. maybe or maybe not.
i am just saying there are no guidelines and nobody knows!
even present government guidelines are for temporary exposure
only. they are very strict indeed for present knowledge of the
sciences. more will be discovered or refuted as scientists collect
their data.

i applaud what the previous post is trying to do. the effort to find out more instead of hotro's "sweep in under the carpet and call other people names".
this is progress!

Unregistered
19-03-07, 10:05

U have been taken for a ride. I was there yesterday, for 3 bdrooms, they still have 3 units with pool facing, 4 units with track facing and 2 units facing the sides. No more top floor though, highest left was 5th flr

Unregistered
19-03-07, 10:12

Good that you pointed these out, I got so tired from reading postings from those childish ppl arguing. I trust that they are adults but I'm not sure now. For those who are freak out by the radio waves and stuff, I think you shld worry more about putting your mobile phone in your pocket than the radio tower. More likely, the radiation from your mobile would crush your balls instead of the radio tower.

Unregistered
19-03-07, 12:09
U have been taken for a ride. I was there yesterday, for 3 bdrooms, they still have 3 units with pool facing, 4 units with track facing and 2 units facing the sides. No more top floor though, highest left was 5th flr

Maybe not. When I purchase my unit then, I had quite a lot of choices with pool facing (I just like pool) but pool facing with afternoon sun is a no no to me and any unit below 4th floor is also no gd. Therefore my choices is quite limited. Also I need to consider the price per sq feet. ;P

Anyway thanks for informing me. So u got a unit? Wonder which 5th floor are u refering to? Care to share?

Unregistered
19-03-07, 12:24
Maybe not. When I purchase my unit then, I had quite a lot of choices with pool facing (I just like pool) but pool facing with afternoon sun is a no no to me and any unit below 4th floor is also no gd. Therefore my choices is quite limited. Also I need to consider the price per sq feet. ;P

Anyway thanks for informing me. So u got a unit? Wonder which 5th floor are u refering to? Care to share?
If I dont remember wrongly, it's unit 12 & 19. They are back to back with those track facing and at the 2 ends.
Yes, I had already got a unit facing the track and was back yesterday just to have a looK as I was around that area.

Unregistered
19-03-07, 12:30
dude...are you sure it's the same person?
i was the one who made the page 6 remarks.
no wonder that guy called you hotro.

i have a unit facing rail. the guy who explained
the radation issue to you seems like a kaypoh visitor!
but heck, i think he's right....
haha

take it easy. don't be so easily annoyed.

The comments on radio tower amused rather than annoyed me. What annoyed me (probbaly others) so much that is the person who made the statement. I thought my message was loud and clear. If that person is you, my coment was aimed at you. If the person who wrote the comments on radio tower never made that statement, he/she should know that my comment was not targeted at him.

Unregistered
19-03-07, 13:59
Does anyone know that if I sub-sell my unit now, what are the costs that I will be subjected to? Anyone knows what is the income tax rate I have to pay for my gain?

Thanks!

Unregistered
19-03-07, 14:46
with crazy neighbours like hotro, good idea to sub-sell...
whatever the tax rates.

Unregistered
19-03-07, 14:49
haha....ok...more seriously...
i left out this link...

http://www.sgs.gov.sg/market_characteristics/mktchar_tax.html

seems no capital gain tax.
stamp duty already paid.

Unregistered
19-03-07, 15:53
haha....ok...more seriously...
i left out this link...

http://www.sgs.gov.sg/market_characteristics/mktchar_tax.html

seems no capital gain tax.
stamp duty already paid.

But I think it is only considered a capital gain if you have stayed in the property for at least 3 years... if you sell before that, there is a tax on this gain? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Unregistered
19-03-07, 16:13
me again. no capital gain tax at all in singapore.
however, if iras thinks you are buying and selling too often,
it becomes a trade. they have a right to tax.

iras can decide based on length of stay and frequency of
activity.

like immigratation rules....nothing published. up to the higher powers.

Unregistered
19-03-07, 18:18
me again. no capital gain tax at all in singapore.
however, if iras thinks you are buying and selling too often,
it becomes a trade. they have a right to tax.

iras can decide based on length of stay and frequency of
activity.

like immigratation rules....nothing published. up to the higher powers.

I see... no wonder I cannot find anything on the Internet! :)

Thanks for your kind advice! ;)

Naturelover
20-03-07, 16:37
Hi RT owners! I have just bought a unit at RT recently and wonder if any of you has enquired about the cost of converting the planter into a balcony? Both agent and developer said it is possible and OK to do so. If the majority of the owners would like to convert to balcony, may be cheaper if could get a common contractor to do it for us. Wonder if the developer willing to convert the planter for a fee? :)

Unregistered
20-03-07, 16:49
Hi RT owners! I have just bought a unit at RT recently and wonder if any of you has enquired about the cost of converting the planter into a balcony? Both agent and developer said it is possible and OK to do so. If the majority of the owners would like to convert to balcony, may be cheaper if could get a common contractor to do it for us. Wonder if the developer willing to convert the planter for a fee? :)

Do you mean laying the planter with timbre strips? That's my plan, don't know about the rest. If everyone is have the same thing in mind, we can all hire a common contractor.

Anyone keen on hacking walls and coverting rooms into studies or tatami room?

Naturelover
20-03-07, 17:59
Do you mean laying the planter with timbre strips? That's my plan, don't know about the rest. If everyone is have the same thing in mind, we can all hire a common contractor.

Anyone keen on hacking walls and coverting rooms into studies or tatami room?

That's it! But of course, we may ask contractor to provide 2 or 3 designs/materials for residents to choose.... may not be easy to get all residents who wish to convert to balcony to agree on a single common design.

By the way, I heard some condos actually provide "free" unlimited broadband internet access for all residents as part of their marketing strategy. Well, not exactly "free" as it is included as part of their condo management fee. We may ask if developer willing to conduct a survey for all RT owners to have this as an option?

If we can get things organised before TOP, we may achieve greater bargaining power as a group. :)

gonzalas
20-03-07, 21:09
Hi, I think that the broadband idea and conversion of planter box to balcony are really good ideas ! we have the same thoughts... I think most residents there will opt for broadband on their own anyways. However, a point to note is that there maybe many new owners that already have an existing contract with the providers.

Timber strips are really nice but any idea whether they will last?? Guess, we got to ask the contractors and do some research on it.

I just spoke to my agent about the increase of price couple of days ago and she has confirmed that listing price remain the same except that the 8% discount for Deferred Payment is removed and discount for progressive payment has been reduced from 10% to 5%. Congrats to all those who have bought early!

Unregistered
20-03-07, 22:55
Hi, I think that the broadband idea and conversion of planter box to balcony are really good ideas ! we have the same thoughts... I think most residents there will opt for broadband on their own anyways. However, a point to note is that there maybe many new owners that already have an existing contract with the providers.

Timber strips are really nice but any idea whether they will last?? Guess, we got to ask the contractors and do some research on it.

I just spoke to my agent about the increase of price couple of days ago and she has confirmed that listing price remain the same except that the 8% discount for Deferred Payment is removed and discount for progressive payment has been reduced from 10% to 5%. Congrats to all those who have bought early!

Agreed! 2nd that planter box conversion idea! Heard that usually, planter boxes can be converted as long as it is not permanently "filled up", so timber strips as raised platform ok.

As for broadband, think I'd be one of those who'd prefer my own choice of provider and plan with transparent pricing known to me than to have it "packaged" into the maintainance fee! Also when it comes to troubleshooting, who to look for to reset wireless access assuming that it would be wireless? It's hard to have equality, some areas may have better/ stronger signals than others?

Unregistered
20-03-07, 23:24
I am also agreeable to putting timber strips for the planter. Count me in.

ja
20-03-07, 23:51

One more for timber strips :) !!

Unregistered
21-03-07, 00:29
Hi all,

Just got the option for a 2nd flr 3-Bed unit at Blk 93 facing the side. Agent said price will increase after TOP with the launch of showroom with 30 over units left. 2 / 2+1 all sold out long ago. Was there at the trail behind RT and can see that the blk nearest to driveway 2nd floor's 2 units (4 & 3 bed) are being prep as showroom. Can see the light green tinted windows up.

If can't wait like me, park at the carpark of bukit timah nature reserve, and walk the trail nearest to Le Wood. Be prepared for mossies. Monkeys around on the trees.

Didn't exactly get it at the lowest but still very happy with the price $557psf after 5% developer discount. Agent says price is going to go up further.

Absolutely in love with the nature and the proximity.

Can't wait to get my paperwork done up!

Unregistered
21-03-07, 08:25
Hi all,

Just got the option for a 2nd flr 3-Bed unit at Blk 93 facing the side. Agent said price will increase after TOP with the launch of showroom with 30 over units left. 2 / 2+1 all sold out long ago. Was there at the trail behind RT and can see that the blk nearest to driveway 2nd floor's 2 units (4 & 3 bed) are being prep as showroom. Can see the light green tinted windows up.

If can't wait like me, park at the carpark of bukit timah nature reserve, and walk the trail nearest to Le Wood. Be prepared for mossies. Monkeys around on the trees.

Didn't exactly get it at the lowest but still very happy with the price $557psf after 5% developer discount. Agent says price is going to go up further.

Absolutely in love with the nature and the proximity.

Can't wait to get my paperwork done up!

Welcome new owner to the RT. Join the RT owner mailing list.

Unregistered
21-03-07, 22:58
Welcome new owner to the RT. Join the RT owner mailing list.

Yeap will do that after I have exercised the option 1st. Awaiting S&P agreement and housing loan.

Cheers !

camelot
21-03-07, 23:37
Yeap will do that after I have exercised the option 1st. Awaiting S&P agreement and housing loan.

Cheers !

Did they tell you when it's expected to TOP?

Unregistered
22-03-07, 00:05

Cheers !

Any lawyers to recommend?

Unregistered
22-03-07, 00:50
Any lawyers to recommend?

my lawyer is Shaun Chan of DSPP Law Corporation.

Unregistered
22-03-07, 15:34
Did they tell you when it's expected to TOP?

My agent said it could be end 2007... but take it as heresay and not confirmed. The initial talk was mid 2008. So my guess is anywhere between there.

Unregistered
22-03-07, 15:36

Does this bode well with rain coming in?

joe
22-03-07, 22:57
Does this bode well with rain coming in?

Chengai or teak withstands the elements well. Rain or sun is not a problem.

Baby
22-03-07, 23:45
That's it! But of course, we may ask contractor to provide 2 or 3 designs/materials for residents to choose.... may not be easy to get all residents who wish to convert to balcony to agree on a single common design.

By the way, I heard some condos actually provide "free" unlimited broadband internet access for all residents as part of their marketing strategy. Well, not exactly "free" as it is included as part of their condo management fee. We may ask if developer willing to conduct a survey for all RT owners to have this as an option?

If we can get things organised before TOP, we may achieve greater bargaining power as a group. :)

Count me in on the conversion of planter to balcony....Cheers....

Unregistered
23-03-07, 12:27
You know what? I'm really estastic that there's so many like-minded and happy RT owners on this board. You guys are great people who have so much concern about our new lives at RT and the support i've seen so far is really amazing. What a wonderful community!

Just swining by to write down some happy thoughts :)
I'm just kinda can't contain my own excitement about my new home. haha!

jrdl
23-03-07, 13:01
Timber strips for me too...:)

Unregistered
23-03-07, 14:38
The new showroom will open on 24th Mar. 10-6pm

Unregistered
23-03-07, 16:38

Wow, that's good news! Then I may go down tomorrow... :)

ja
23-03-07, 18:20
:confused: Wonder how the new showflat looks like in comparison to the old one ( finish, equipment, floors, walls ).

Unregistered
23-03-07, 18:32

Wow...sounds good and just nice as I will be away for work/holidays on Sunday. Yeap, I 2nd that the RT owners are showing so much enthusiasm. Great start !

jrdl
23-03-07, 23:15
Heard the showroom is on unit 02-04.... this is the real thing, so what u see is you will get.....

ht
23-03-07, 23:44
Heard the showroom is on unit 02-04.... this is the real thing, so what u see is you will get.....

is it firm that it will re-open tomorrow? coz 2-3 weeks back, the access road was still non-ops.
defintiely looking forward to taking a look at how my future home will look like.:)

Unregistered
23-03-07, 23:46
my lawyer is Shaun Chan of DSPP Law Corporation.

tx :)

comfortable to share the rates charged? tx

Precieux
23-03-07, 23:51
is it firm that it will re-open tomorrow? coz 2-3 weeks back, the access road was still non-ops.
defintiely looking forward to taking a look at how my future home will look like.:)

Just got back from visiting RT. Yeah I know its late, its dark, what can I see right?! Haha just couldn't resist.. :p

Anyways, can't see inside, but road definitely looks done already! Just blocked by some cones. Signs have already been put up for new showflats along the road! :)

jrdl
24-03-07, 01:44

Confirm showflat open 2morrow. #02-04. My agent told me she is assigned there the whole day.... The road is ready for use too. Heard the last time pple complained of the muddy road to the old showflat...

ht
24-03-07, 20:28
Confirm showflat open 2morrow. #02-04. My agent told me she is assigned there the whole day.... The road is ready for use too. Heard the last time pple complained of the muddy road to the old showflat...

Thanks, went down today. The access road is ready, and will lead you to the car park below the showflat. The decor is different from that originally used.
The workmanship and quality seems pretty good.

was told that TOP maybe even earlier than 1st qtr 08 given the current rate of construction.

lincoln
25-03-07, 11:23
Must visit the new showflat. The planter area is covered with timber planks and is of a good size. The showflat also looks spacious! I am really happy with my purchase.

There will be a re-launch next weekend and I think the remaining 40 units will be gone in no time. How could anyone resist a great development like this?:p

Unregistered
25-03-07, 23:24
Latest news: about 10 units of 3 bedroom left only.

Will be gone by next week.

Unregistered
25-03-07, 23:45
Latest news: about 10 units of 3 bedroom left only.

Will be gone by next week.

How about the other units, any idea?

Unregistered
26-03-07, 14:09
There's a few 3+1 available. But priced at 788K+++

Unregistered
26-03-07, 16:23
There's a few 3+1 available. But priced at 788K+++

wow that's HIGH !!!!

Unregistered
26-03-07, 17:07
is it pool facing?

Unregistered
26-03-07, 17:25
That price is before or after the 5% discount? Do you know works out to how much psf?

Unregistered
26-03-07, 18:16
788k is for a pool facing unit, don't know if there's disc built in already. I didn't ask more questions on that because I already got a 3bd room ;p

Unregistered
27-03-07, 00:05
788k is for a pool facing unit, don't know if there's disc built in already. I didn't ask more questions on that because I already got a 3bd room ;p

Before discount it is more than 800K, the 788K quaoted is after the 5% discount if you go for progressive payment. Deferred payment will no longer entitle to discount. Agent said developer is likely to increase price this coming weekend when the Ad hits the newspaper.

Unregistered
27-03-07, 10:06
There's only a handful of units left after the weekend's launch, don't think FC will bother to place an advert cos they'll probably be gone like hotcakes soon

Unregistered
27-03-07, 14:09
Anyone heard on the news regarding the new bullet train service that will travel from SG to KL?

I am crossing every parts of my body now that it won't be running on the old tracks behind RT.

Unregistered
27-03-07, 14:40
Yes, I've read it in the papers and it will be ready in 2 to 3 years time, probably same timing as IR (2009). By then my unit facing railway track which I bought for much lower price than the others will become a good bargain as the old tracks (plus noise) will be gone. Also with the recent announcement that the future new MRT line that will run thru' Bukit Timah with a station near our RT condo is a double bonus. Keen buyers don't wait. Track facing also can and save money as well.

Unregistered
27-03-07, 14:42
I am more optimistic hoping that the government may negotiate for the new bullet train station to be at the island border, rather than follow the old railtrack and cutting through the whole of Singapore island ending at Pasir Panjang. Who knows, they may find the old railway track redundant with the new bullet train and have the old railway track removed instead? Just my hope

Unregistered
27-03-07, 14:46
Any news on where the new bullet train station will be located? Near Woodlands?

Unregistered
27-03-07, 15:24
Any news on where the new bullet train station will be located? Near Woodlands?
guess the new terminal if any will be outskirts of town, n the old track n land reserve will definitely be negotiated to be returned back to its rightful owners... well, at least no more rainway track to be worried abt...

ja
27-03-07, 16:25
Bear in mind that the old railway track bears an advantage not to be underestimated: It hinders any building activity there where it is !! :doh:

Unregistered
27-03-07, 16:35
Bear also in mind that without the railway track, the government has less restrictions on building the Bukit Timah MRTstation nearer to the BT hill !!

Unregistered
27-03-07, 16:50
Come to think of it, if there's a MRT station just next to the Botanic Gardens (circle Line), there should also be one near to the Bukit Timah hill as this will motivate more citizens to go for trekking and adopt a more healthy lifestyle. Although station near hill will not be at the optimal most densely populated area, at least it could serve the whole nation who wish to make use of our scarce natural resources... any idea where the new Bukit Timah MRT station will be?

Unregistered
28-03-07, 00:26
Bear also in mind that without the railway track, the government has less restrictions on building the Bukit Timah MRTstation nearer to the BT hill !!

Hmm, think convenient can already, no need to be sooo near?!?

Imagine noise & dust of construction during the 3-5 yrs of constructing MRT!

Moreover heard not so good feng shui?

10mins walk to MRT wlb be just nice! :) *hopeful

Unregistered
28-03-07, 11:08
There's speculations that the new bk timah MRT will be built at the present carpark space, beside the stretch of eatries, oppo beauty world.

Unregistered
28-03-07, 11:51
That will be nice. Not too far away from Raintree. What is your sources from?

Unregistered
28-03-07, 13:00
Haha I don't know if my source is reliable though!

My mum's friend's husband works in LTA. they surveyed the area and found that the carpark lot is probably most suitable to built a MRT exit, station should be underground.

Unregistered
28-03-07, 14:27
Haha I don't know if my source is reliable though!

My mum's friend's husband works in LTA. they surveyed the area and found that the carpark lot is probably most suitable to built a MRT exit, station should be underground.

Sounds cool!

Underground MRT normally has a few exits; any clues on other possible exits?

Unregistered
28-03-07, 17:10
oso heard fm sources that it may be around tt area an open field which is currently demarcated with a 'State Land' signboard.... only wonder if the railway project will somehow change LTA's mind.... but gg by m'sia way of doing things, it will be sometime b4 they come to an agreement

Unregistered
28-03-07, 17:25
oso heard fm sources that it may be around tt area an open field which is currently demarcated with a 'State Land' signboard.... only wonder if the railway project will somehow change LTA's mind.... but gg by m'sia way of doing things, it will be sometime b4 they come to an agreement

That open field you're talking about - that's the carpark i'm refering to. Forgot to mention that it's defunct now.

Really don't think MRT will be built on on the old railway tracks location, too narrow.

Unregistered
28-03-07, 17:48

Do you mean that empty state land next to Southhaven, bordered by Upper Bukit Timah Road and Hindhede Walk, in front of Courts and next to the Church of Singapore?

Wow! if the MRT exit is located there, it will really be ideal!

Unregistered
28-03-07, 17:55
That open field you're talking about - that's the carpark i'm refering to. Forgot to mention that it's defunct now.

Really don't think MRT will be built on on the old railway tracks location, too narrow.

The carpark space that you are referring to, is it near to Cheong Chin Nam eateries, near Chutin Road?

Will be perfect if one of the exits lead to the makan place, and another exit lead to Bukit Timah hill. Staying at Raintree will be so convenient in the future! Cool!!

Unregistered
28-03-07, 22:43
Don't need to get too excited about it. If at all, MRT @ Bukit Timah will only materialize in about 10 years time. By then your condo will already be how many years into its lease??? Further more, do you think Govt is stupid enough not to release more residential sites in that area for sale to take advantage of the new MRT line?

So eventually even if MRT exists in Bukit Timah, you will have serious competition from newer, better developments springing up in your area in the future, when your condo is already 8 or 9 years old. If yours is freehold, then not so bad. For a 99 year condo, that could be the death knell.

Unregistered
28-03-07, 23:10
Your analysis seems pretty logical! What I hope is, in another 10 years time, even if the property price in this area does not appreciate by "leaps and bounce", at least, with the MRT line, there is limited downside depreciation.

Unregistered
29-03-07, 11:53
Yes, don't be too excited about the MRT. Based on the Straits Times front page report about the impending Bukit Timah Line MRT, it is schedule to be ready only in 2020, ie more than 10 years and hence wait quite long. By then many things would have happen. Need to focus and enjoy the present as well.

unregistered
29-03-07, 12:21
Yes, don't be too excited about the MRT. Based on the Straits Times front page report about the impending Bukit Timah Line MRT, it is schedule to be ready only in 2020, ie more than 10 years and hence wait quite long. By then many things would have happen. Need to focus and enjoy the present as well.

Yes, I totally agree . Let's enjoy our stay in Raintree and appreciate it's surroundings whatever may happen in the future. In the meantime , we have the free shuttle to Clementi MRT. Look forward to meeting all our happy neighbours

Unregistered
29-03-07, 13:40
According to the agents, Raintree has good "Feng shui" as it is backed by the mountains and fronted by the water (pool).

Anyone with knowledge on fengshui care to share their knowledge on this?

What about the quarry at the back of RT? Is the water considered as "live" or "dead"? Just curious :)

By the way, I am a novice on fengshui however I feel by instinct that this place has really good fengshui as one already feel "revitalised and refreshed" just by being there.... Maybe just my imagination?

Unregistered
30-03-07, 11:23
According to the agents, Raintree has good "Feng shui" as it is backed by the mountains and fronted by the water (pool).

Anyone with knowledge on fengshui care to share their knowledge on this?

What about the quarry at the back of RT? Is the water considered as "live" or "dead"? Just curious :)

By the way, I am a novice on fengshui however I feel by instinct that this place has really good fengshui as one already feel "revitalised and refreshed" just by being there.... Maybe just my imagination?

dear neighbour,

i'm afraid that some of us don't subscribe to the 'fengshui' philosophy but u r right , it does feel good being there :) Nature's beauty all around us .... and fresh supply of oxygen

Unregistered
30-03-07, 22:32
Agent mentioned Lee Kar Sheng bought 3 units at Raintree because of good fengshui there.... Don't know whether true or just rumour?

jrdl
30-03-07, 23:06
Who is that?

Unregistered
30-03-07, 23:51
Who is that?

Hong Kong tycoon "Li Jia Cheng" (in hanyu pinyin). Son is famous Richard Li of Pacific Century regional development...

camelot
31-03-07, 00:56
Agent mentioned Lee Kar Sheng bought 3 units at Raintree because of good fengshui there.... Don't know whether true or just rumour?

I won't take that too seriously :)

spazzing out
31-03-07, 01:40
Li Ka Shing bought 3 units at the Raintree????? You're kidding! Surely not for investment??? I can't see why he would want to invest in RT when there are super duper luxury condos out there in Orchard, Keppel and Marina Bay. Most likely it is to stay in? OMG if that's true, I can't help but feel honoured that even Asia's richest man would have the RT on his radar..

Unregistered
31-03-07, 09:06
Heard he bought 3 units facing the quarry and/or landscaped garden...... again, may be just rumour...

Maybe it is a vacation chalet to him when he comes to Spore..... more convenient when he goes for nature walks in the Bukit Timah hill? Hehehe...

Unregistered
31-03-07, 09:16
Maybe because it is value for money? In the long term could be cheaper than putting up in hotels?

Rich people are definitely shrewd in their calculations ;)

Unregistered
31-03-07, 13:16
Li Ka Shing owns Coasta De Sol at East Coast and that is barely 50% occupied. He could just go there n stay and have a stroll at the beach.

Unregistered
31-03-07, 13:18
There is no concrete plan on the bullet train plan yet and if there is, the sg gov wont use back the current railway track. In fact, they had been trying to get rid of that track cause it run pass MINDEF.

Unregistered
31-03-07, 13:20
For the planter, if we just put timber strips on top, isnt it a waste of space? I have other plans or it...

Unregistered
31-03-07, 13:41
For the planter, if we just put timber strips on top, isnt it a waste of space? I have other plans or it...

Please share with us your ideas on how else to convert the planter?

Maybe can water-proof it and convert it into a sunken bath? (Like Clementiwoods where they have a spa jacuuzi in the balcony?) And/or positioned a hamstring above to get that resort/laid back feel? And/or "green" the planter ceiling with Plants-climbers/creepers for that garden feel?

All 3 in one solution for the planter....can really make full use of the space!
Cool!
Heeheehee....

Unregistered
31-03-07, 14:21
Any ideas on how to convert that "plus one" study area?

Study, library, walk in wardrobe, mini-forest/garden, fish aquarium, relaxtion area with lounge/massage chair, family area for tea, jacuuzi, storeroom,...?

Care to share?

lincoln
31-03-07, 19:48
Please share with us your ideas on how else to convert the planter?

Maybe can water-proof it and convert it into a sunken bath? (Like Clementiwoods where they have a spa jacuuzi in the balcony?) And/or positioned a hamstring above to get that resort/laid back feel? And/or "green" the planter ceiling with Plants-climbers/creepers for that garden feel?

All 3 in one solution for the planter....can really make full use of the space!
Cool!
Heeheehee....
Suken bath? That's a funky good idea!:D My unit's facing the reserve which should be ok, though not sure if my neighbours will mind:ashamed1:

I have seen at another development where the planter is converted into a koi pond.... though the area may be too small for koi. Other fish may just work.

Unregistered
31-03-07, 20:46
Maybe can use healing fish that some spas used for nibbling dead skin cells... then can charge your guests $50 each for a 10 min session.

Heeheehee....just kidding! No offence intended

Unregistered
31-03-07, 21:38
Price went up by another 2% today. Progressive payment with 3% instead of 5% discount. Only 16 units left. 95% sold.

If still thinking of getting one unit at Raintree, better act fast before it's all gone..

Unregistered
31-03-07, 22:10
any idea what used to occupy the former RT site?

Unregistered
31-03-07, 22:21
heard it's old factory involved with granite mining, owned by....oops! Fogot the name

Unregistered
31-03-07, 22:25
heard it's old factory involved with granite mining, owned by....oops! Fogot the name

You can go to Google map and zoomed into the previous Raintree factory site

http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/download.php?Number=412316

Unregistered
31-03-07, 22:28
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/download.php?Number=412316&t=h&om=1&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=1.347074,103.780375&spn=0.020379,0.033345

sorry! try above link instead

Unregistered
31-03-07, 22:51
Anyone has any ideas what would be used to frame the perimeter of RT?

Exiting blue metal sheet that surround/framed the project is temporary which I believe will be torn down and replaced? Any ideas whether new fence is high or low, metal or wood or concrete? Or is developer simply going to use the wooden fence erected by the government that lined the bicycle track (blend in with enviroment and save money)? If that is the case, security may be a issue as one can easily climb over the wooden fence from nature reserve and enter RT site.

Unregistered
01-04-07, 00:12
This may sound stupid but since RT is so close to nature reserve, I wonder whether having Sulphur powder (used by campers) sprinkled along its perimeter would act as effective barrier to unwelcome creatures like snakes?

Or having ultrasonic mosquito repellant at a few strategic locations around the periphery helps to prevent mosquitoes from flying in?

Wonder whether there are these hightech gadets that could serve multiple purposes concurrently, prevent unwelcome creatures(flies, snakes, monkeys), low cost, energy saving, environment friendly and effective.

Just a bit panaroid that fogging may not be that effective and if done too frequently, the chemical could be hazardous to health.

Any comments?

Unregistered
01-04-07, 00:24
This may sound stupid but since RT is so close to nature reserve, I wonder whether having Sulphur powder (used by campers) sprinkled along its perimeter would act as effective barrier to unwelcome creatures like snakes?

Or having ultrasonic mosquito repellant at a few strategic locations around the periphery helps to prevent mosquitoes from flying in?

Wonder whether there are these hightech gadets that could serve multiple purposes concurrently, prevent unwelcome creatures(flies, snakes, monkeys), low cost, energy saving, environment friendly and effective.

Just a bit panaroid that fogging may not be that effective and if done too frequently, the chemical could be hazardous to health.

Any comments?

Hi to all our neighbours. I just think that it may be too premature to anticipate any of these problems we may have with fogging,pests and monkeys . why don't we just wait and see ?
If you feel you need to know , best to talk to someone who lives in Le Wood ... and most importantly , everyone , DO NOT FEED the monkeys!!!

jrdl
01-04-07, 04:13
... and most importantly , everyone , DO NOT FEED the monkeys!!!

I totally agree!!! My mother once feed 2 birds in our kitchen windows and since then, the 2 birds keep coming back everyday and shit all over the window sills!! Learn from this incident..... DO NOT FEED THE MONKEYS!!!

Unregistered
01-04-07, 07:24
Alright.........maybe I am just too paranoid.......just my style to anticipate problems and act in advance :)

But I do believe Prevention is Better than Cure. And not feeding the monkeys is one of a very economical way of preventing monkey problems! Anyway let's wait and see.

BTW, anyone aware of whether there's any drainage hole for our planter? Will the planter be filled up with water during heavy raining seasons? If one is considering converting planter to balcony, may need to consider this as water that seeps through the gap between timber strip may accumulate in the space underneath!

I once visited a unit at Le Woods and noticed one of the planters is filled up to be brim with rain water and rotting leaves! A potential breeding ground for mosquitoes!!

The resident also use insect net barrier on their windows...not a good sign :(

Security guard there also mentioned monkey problem for them quite serious as they dropby very often.

Unregistered
01-04-07, 10:39
Alright.........maybe I am just too paranoid.......just my style to anticipate problems and act in advance :)

But I do believe Prevention is Better than Cure. And not feeding the monkeys is one of a very economical way of preventing monkey problems! Anyway let's wait and see.

BTW, anyone aware of whether there's any drainage hole for our planter? Will the planter be filled up with water during heavy raining seasons? If one is considering converting planter to balcony, may need to consider this as water that seeps through the gap between timber strip may accumulate in the space underneath!

I once visited a unit at Le Woods and noticed one of the planters is filled up to be brim with rain water and rotting leaves! A potential breeding ground for mosquitoes!!

The resident also use insect net barrier on their windows...not a good sign :(

Security guard there also mentioned monkey problem for them quite serious as they dropby very often.

I doubt the mosquito problem is that serious. As you all may still remember that a year or two ago, the number of dengue fever cases in Sinagpore
was going up sharply and mosquito was certainly a big concern for the Gov. Afterall, the nature reserve is not exactly a virgin forest as it is heavily visited by singaporeans and tourists on daily basis and as such measures have been taken to prevent the mosquito problems. In fact, I don't recall any dengue cases happened to resdients live near nature reserve. May be we should ask residents at Le Wood about it to confirm.

Unregistered
01-04-07, 12:03
Hi, you may have mistaken my point. I am not saying that the mosquitoes will definitely be a problem but only predicting that it may be a problem.

If you take a walk at the nature reserve along the bicycle track that overlook RT, you will find plenty of mosquitoes there and there is only a wooden fence that separate the bicycle track and RT. On both occasions that I was there, I was badly bitten all over by the mosquitoes (not exaggerating).

I think it is a very good idea to ask Le Wood residents about the pests issue and get their honest feedback. It will be a big help for us in the future on how we can tackle the issue based on their experience?

Unregistered
01-04-07, 13:18
Hi, you may have mistaken my point. I am not saying that the mosquitoes will definitely be a problem but only predicting that it may be a problem.

If you take a walk at the nature reserve along the bicycle track that overlook RT, you will find plenty of mosquitoes there and there is only a wooden fence that separate the bicycle track and RT. On both occasions that I was there, I was badly bitten all over by the mosquitoes (not exaggerating).

I think it is a very good idea to ask Le Wood residents about the pests issue and get their honest feedback. It will be a big help for us in the future on how we can tackle the issue based on their experience?
Good idea! I spoke with someone from Le Wood who shared that monkeys are an issue. They climb over the dence into the compound. They loiter in the carpark areas during rain. The security guard is even afraid of the "chief" monkey who appeared aggressive when the guard tried to chase them away. So it's good to pre-empt and suggest necessary precautionary measures to avoid problems like these to happent o raintree. We do not have to go through the hard way to deal with these probs.

Unregistered
01-04-07, 13:40
Good idea! I spoke with someone from Le Wood who shared that monkeys are an issue. They climb over the dence into the compound. They loiter in the carpark areas during rain. The security guard is even afraid of the "chief" monkey who appeared aggressive when the guard tried to chase them away. So it's good to pre-empt and suggest necessary precautionary measures to avoid problems like these to happent o raintree. We do not have to go through the hard way to deal with these probs.

Yeah but what can we do?

Someone sugguested large water guns earlier. Maybe we supply guards with those large ones and tell them fill up everyday and 'shoot' the monkeys when they enter our compound? Its harmless,just a little scare with water.

Underground carpark entrance can be closed untill required with automated garage styled doors/gates? But to set uop such system may be expensive. Think residents facing away from forest and higher floor residents may not be keen on spending xtra money on such measures?

just 2pence here..

Unregistered
01-04-07, 14:07
Yeah but what can we do?

Someone sugguested large water guns earlier. Maybe we supply guards with those large ones and tell them fill up everyday and 'shoot' the monkeys when they enter our compound? Its harmless,just a little scare with water.

Underground carpark entrance can be closed untill required with automated garage styled doors/gates? But to set uop such system may be expensive. Think residents facing away from forest and higher floor residents may not be keen on spending xtra money on such measures?

just 2pence here..
It concerns everyone living in the raintree. The last thing we want is monkeys using our facilities and residents go hiding in their home....

Unregistered
02-04-07, 10:46
Any idea how many units still available?

Unregistered
02-04-07, 10:54
As of yesterday, just over 10 units. Some 3 & 3+1.