PDA

View Full Version : The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Unregistered
12-03-08, 23:57
No tennis courts??? That is horrifying..... those condos in Hillview pay the same price for 3 bedder with bigger land, tennis courts and some got free shuttle as well. I guess once the condo form its own management council, then can revise the maintenance downwards lor...

Tennis court does not take much money to maintain and as such does not play a big part into the equation in setting fee. One North has no tennis court also, but it is selling way above 1000 psf.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 00:00
No tennis courts??? That is horrifying..... those condos in Hillview pay the same price for 3 bedder with bigger land, tennis courts and some got free shuttle as well. I guess once the condo form its own management council, then can revise the maintenance downwards lor...

I will not be surprised the fee may end up revising upward if the price continue to go up.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 00:20
raintree is shit lah, lousy location, no mrt, nothing, no emenities, next door only $500psf or less. Whoever buy raintree from resale market will go bankrupt because in a few years time will go all the way down to $500psf maximum.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 00:23
raintree is shit lah, lousy location, no mrt, nothing, no emenities, next door only $500psf or less. Whoever buy raintree from resale market will go bankrupt because in a few years time will go all the way down to $500psf maximum.

Uneducated fool. It is "amenities", asshole.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 00:25
Uneducated fool. It is "amenities", asshole.
Anyway, condos with MRT will still be more valuable than your stupid ulu, jungle, radioactive and monkey infested shitholes.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 00:28
RT is one of a kind in terms of location and it is a mistake to compare it to any other condos.
100% agree. RT is detached from the real world and need a condo bus service to public transportation. Add taxi booking fees to the high maintenance charges.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 00:34
100% agree. RT is detached from the real world and need a condo bus service to public transportation. Add taxi booking fees to the high maintenance charges.
Assholes yourselves, with MRT then you can justify your price, which idiot foreigner will buy your ulu location? So detached that your side cannot see what is going on in the real world man, maybe you have to hunt for food in the jungle behind you. haha, idiots.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 10:38
anyone collected keys to RT yet?

Unregistered
13-03-08, 11:10
called FCL yesterday and was told that my unit at Blk 93 will likely to get the keys by end apr / early may after all payments have been made, sigh!

Unregistered
13-03-08, 11:45
According to FCL website, TOP obtained.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 11:47
yes TOP obtained but they are releasing the letter in batches.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 12:59
called FCL yesterday and was told that my unit at Blk 93 will likely to get the keys by end apr / early may after all payments have been made, sigh!

You can put in a request for early possession. We did so verbally and they acted on it.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 13:07
You can put in a request for early possession. We did so verbally and they acted on it.
I tried but the lady said it is too late now

Unregistered
13-03-08, 13:46

Cheer up! I'm sure this is a conservative estimate, maybe you'll get the keys earlier. I'm also from Blk 93.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 14:05
Cheer up! I'm sure this is a conservative estimate, maybe you'll get the keys earlier. I'm also from Blk 93.

R we allow to go into the development as the project has obtained TOP and we r the rightful owner but has yet obtained the keys?

Unregistered
13-03-08, 14:20
R we allow to go into the development as the project has obtained TOP and we r the rightful owner but has yet obtained the keys?

You will be regarded as rightful owner only after you have collected your keys. As such, I doubt the gurad will allow you in.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 21:08
I drove past Jalan Anak Bukit every day but can't seem to see this development. Is it very deep inside? Didn't see the expected ramp up in the prices just prior to TOP.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 21:10
You will be regarded as rightful owner only after you have collected your keys. As such, I doubt the gurad will allow you in.
Farrer Court just received enbloc monies yesterday. Those who haven't collect keys can consider flipping to the multi millionaires....

Unregistered
13-03-08, 23:16
I drove past Jalan Anak Bukit every day but can't seem to see this development. Is it very deep inside? Didn't see the expected ramp up in the prices just prior to TOP.

Not very deep at all, but it does give you an exclusive feel as it is partially hidden by trees right at the end of a short private road leading up to the condo

Unregistered
14-03-08, 02:50
Assholes yourselves, with MRT then you can justify your price, which idiot foreigner will buy your ulu location? So detached that your side cannot see what is going on in the real world man, maybe you have to hunt for food in the jungle behind you. haha, idiots.

Whats more pathetic than a sore loser who feels compelled to waste his time trashing other people. I guess you weren't taught better.

Unregistered
14-03-08, 12:32
Whats more pathetic than a sore loser who feels compelled to waste his time trashing other people. I guess you weren't taught better.

Well just ignore this pathetic fool... i just hope he isn't a parent cos I fear for his kids (not only wasn't he taught but he probably can't teach either) and the future of Singapore if we have ppl like him around!

Unregistered
14-03-08, 13:28
Just ignore all these " Nuisance ", otherwise we will be like one of them !

Unregistered
14-03-08, 13:56
Any body receive notification for key collection?

Unregistered
14-03-08, 17:07
Any body receive notification for key collection?

We're waiting for the bank to disburse the top payment to developer. Thereafter then one can log into the frasercentrepoint website to e-book an appt date to collect keys from the condo function room.

Unregistered
14-03-08, 17:11
receive call from lawyer to take keys

Unregistered
14-03-08, 17:44
can u share your block number? tks

Unregistered
14-03-08, 17:45

Care to share which block are you in? Thanks

Unregistered
14-03-08, 22:08
Not very deep at all, but it does give you an exclusive feel as it is partially hidden by trees right at the end of a short private road leading up to the condo
You must be referring to driving. It is quite a long walk from main road. It is very very dark and deserted at night. Even a fit man would have to be concern with his safety.

Unregistered
14-03-08, 22:35
You must be referring to driving. It is quite a long walk from main road. It is very very dark and deserted at night. Even a fit man would have to be concern with his safety.
????? u been there? the road is so bright and only 5 mins walk along Bt drive. Go there and take a look yrself better than you ask around.

Unregistered
14-03-08, 23:08
????? u been there? the road is so bright and only 5 mins walk along Bt drive. Go there and take a look yrself better than you ask around.
I stay at Chun Tin for 15 years. I and my cycling team know the entire D21 better than most and we do both day (weekends) and late night cycling. You can blindly ignore and who cares but I hope others with families do exercise caution.

Unregistered
14-03-08, 23:19
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7867/lordsoftheringssx4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
As what i heard, do this to the guard and he will let you in. Boy do you have a very "nice" envoirnment.

Unregistered
15-03-08, 23:18
I stay at Chun Tin for 15 years. I and my cycling team know the entire D21 better than most and we do both day (weekends) and late night cycling. You can blindly ignore and who cares but I hope others with families do exercise caution.
hahaha....confirm u r old man !!! Stretch of BT Drive long????

Unregistered
16-03-08, 00:37
Was there this afternoon. No letter as yet, but decide anyway to have a sneak peek. Spoke to chief Security guard and he said so far only 2 units have collected their keys. Cars will be issued radio tags to open the barricade. Also mentioned about crawlies and monkeys which they caught and chased away.

Saw another resident, seem quite unhappy not to be able to come in cos he hasn't been given the letter yet. Met another visitor from Blk 91, also doing recee.

Along the road, some touts under an umbrella were offering A-Z services, housing loan, renovation, sell house, re-finance...blah blah. Please drive on even when they wave at you.

Unregistered
16-03-08, 09:05
Was there this afternoon. No letter as yet, but decide anyway to have a sneak peek. Spoke to chief Security guard and he said so far only 2 units have collected their keys. Cars will be issued radio tags to open the barricade. Also mentioned about crawlies and monkeys which they caught and chased away.

Saw another resident, seem quite unhappy not to be able to come in cos he hasn't been given the letter yet. Met another visitor from Blk 91, also doing recee.

Along the road, some touts under an umbrella were offering A-Z services, housing loan, renovation, sell house, re-finance...blah blah. Please drive on even when they wave at you.

Was there last weekend, saw a bunch of monkeys playing at the slope near the lanscaped garden along the cycling trail. As long as the monkeys not coming to the ground of the lanscaped garden, I found it acceptable and even interesting to see some monkeys playing there to enhance the nature setting of the garden.

Unregistered
16-03-08, 14:43
Was there last weekend, saw a bunch of monkeys playing at the slope near the lanscaped garden along the cycling trail. As long as the monkeys not coming to the ground of the lanscaped garden, I found it acceptable and even interesting to see some monkeys playing there to enhance the nature setting of the garden.

Interesting??? it will be more interesting to see u being attack and chase by hungry monkeys.

Unregistered
16-03-08, 16:22
Interesting??? it will be more interesting to see u being attack and chase by hungry monkeys.

then i suppose u act like a monkey in your own house

or perhaps stealing your neighbour stuff

haha

Unregistered
16-03-08, 20:59
then i suppose u act like a monkey in your own house

or perhaps stealing your neighbour stuff

haha

Stop acting look a moron.. and stop stealing ur neighbour's underwear..

Unregistered
17-03-08, 10:07

I find it really acceptable too..because...the monkeys really add to the whole theme. It is an interesting sight for kids too.

Unregistered
17-03-08, 11:30
yes I agree. It's interesting for the kids.

We all just have to remember the monkey rules.

1. Don't leave your foodstuff near windows facing the jungle.
2. Totally NO feeding the monkeys.
3. Don't attack or provoke them first.
4. Don't do the gangster stare with the monkey.
5. Do not trap the baby monkeys or monkeys.

Unregistered
17-03-08, 11:43
yes I agree. It's interesting for the kids.

We all just have to remember the monkey rules.

1. Don't leave your foodstuff near windows facing the jungle.
2. Totally NO feeding the monkeys.
3. Don't attack or provoke them first.
4. Don't do the gangster stare with the monkey.
5. Do not trap the baby monkeys or monkeys.

From now on, anyone who is caught in providing foods to monkeys will be fines $500 for first offense. The notice even posted at the window of the guard house to remind everyone visiting RT. Heard that since the law changed a few months ago, AVA has hired more inspectors to enforce the rule.

Unregistered
17-03-08, 12:15
From now on, anyone who is caught in providing foods to monkeys will be fines $500 for first offense. The notice even posted at the window of the guard house to remind everyone visiting RT. Heard that since the law changed a few months ago, AVA has hired more inspectors to enforce the rule.
yap....some got caught and FINE already ! Learned from one of the guard over there, he saw a man got caught n fined!

Unregistered
17-03-08, 14:55
I find it really acceptable too..because...the monkeys really add to the whole theme. It is an interesting sight for kids too.

These monkeys are not exactly like those tamed ones in the "tropical forest" of our Mandai Zoo. When you see a wild one in your house, lingering beside the playpen with your baby in there, I cannot think of it as "interesting" anymore (unless you meant the sight of mum turned heroine). I have first hand account of this kind of incident. The thing is, you can't predict what these monkeys are going to do. If they are just toppling over dustbins, stealing food/underwear, well, I can live with that but not to the extent of harming my family.

Let's just stop feeding them and they'll move somewhere else. Getting AVA into the picture will also be ugly.

Unregistered
17-03-08, 15:01
These monkeys are not exactly like those tamed ones in the "tropical forest" of our Mandai Zoo. When you see a wild one in your house, lingering beside the playpen with your baby in there, I cannot think of it as "interesting" anymore (unless you meant the sight of mum turned heroine). I have first hand account of this kind of incident. The thing is, you can't predict what these monkeys are going to do. If they are just toppling over dustbins, stealing food/underwear, well, I can live with that but not to the extent of harming my family.

Let's just stop feeding them and they'll move somewhere else. Getting AVA into the picture will also be ugly.

If you have young babies and children in your family and can only rely on your maid to watch them, I suggest that you think twice before deciding to move your family to RT. We can educate adults on how to live with Monkeys, but we can't be sure that accidents won't happen with young children.

Unregistered
17-03-08, 15:59
still on the subject of monkeys, for those who are religious, they know.. things happen when fated right.

Some people living near Bt Timah may not have had problems with monkeys (perhaps because they follow the monkey rule).

But imagine, a person staying in Woodlands, in the middle of a housing estate, have had a monkey COME INTO the house. And this is a TRUE story - happened to my aunt - almost unbelievable. My aunt was in her room, when she heard some sounds in the hall. She was so very surprised to see a monkey, sitting on her couch, helping itself to the sweets on the table. It opened the sweet container took a sweet and closed it. Then it opened again, took another one and closed it again. It was both cute and scary at the same time. Finally she got a neighbour's help to chase it out of the house.

Oh yea.. she's staying on the ground floor. And nobody knew where the monkey came from.

So, the point is.. staying at Bt Timah, does not necessarily mean we'll have problems with monkeys. And not staying there, does not mean that you'll never have any problems with them.

We will do our best and hope for the best.

p.s. I can't wait to get the keys!

Unregistered
17-03-08, 16:36
If you have young babies and children in your family and can only rely on your maid to watch them, I suggest that you think twice before deciding to move your family to RT. We can educate adults on how to live with Monkeys, but we can't be sure that accidents won't happen with young children.

monkeys are intelligent animals they will not roam around unfamiliar places whereby there are human beings if there is no food at sight. So it is ulikely that the monkeys will go to your house unless u try to feed them at the windows or from your balcony. The only likelihood they will create nuisance is in the public areas if residents litter with food packages or feed them.

Unregistered
17-03-08, 17:02

plse don't make a horror movie out of it.."The Invasion of Monkeys at RT"?..if indeed is so horrifying.. The surrounding landed properties and residents at Le Wood would have long evacuated.

Unregistered
17-03-08, 19:04
plse don't make a horror movie out of it.."The Invasion of Monkeys at RT"?..if indeed is so horrifying.. The surrounding landed properties and residents at Le Wood would have long evacuated.
i THINK THE RAINTREE IS TURNING INTO A ZOO SOON.

Unregistered
17-03-08, 19:06
still on the subject of monkeys, for those who are religious, they know.. things happen when fated right.

Some people living near Bt Timah may not have had problems with monkeys (perhaps because they follow the monkey rule).

But imagine, a person staying in Woodlands, in the middle of a housing estate, have had a monkey COME INTO the house. And this is a TRUE story - happened to my aunt - almost unbelievable. My aunt was in her room, when she heard some sounds in the hall. She was so very surprised to see a monkey, sitting on her couch, helping itself to the sweets on the table. It opened the sweet container took a sweet and closed it. Then it opened again, took another one and closed it again. It was both cute and scary at the same time. Finally she got a neighbour's help to chase it out of the house.

Oh yea.. she's staying on the ground floor. And nobody knew where the monkey came from.

So, the point is.. staying at Bt Timah, does not necessarily mean we'll have problems with monkeys. And not staying there, does not mean that you'll never have any problems with them.

We will do our best and hope for the best.

p.s. I can't wait to get the keys!

So Drama. U think it Channel 8.

Unregistered
17-03-08, 20:06

trust me, you wont find it acceptable or interesting if you se the monkeys in your backyard, terrace or kitchen or worse, attacking your kids.

Unregistered
17-03-08, 20:46
trust me, you wont find it acceptable or interesting if you se the monkeys in your backyard, terrace or kitchen or worse, attacking your kids.

Perhaps he meant interesting to see those monkeys outside the guard house?

It is nature living afterall.

Unregistered
17-03-08, 22:50
Le wood is so much cheaper, your prices will plummet to $500psf in 1 yr time guarenteed.

Unregistered
17-03-08, 22:58
With no disrespect to the owners of Le Wood, the quality of The Raintree is different. This is after all a Frasers Centerpoint homes property and from what I saw in the showflat, the quality is evident.

Unregistered
17-03-08, 23:01
With no disrespect to the owners of Le Wood, the quality of The Raintree is different. This is after all a Frasers Centerpoint homes property and from what I saw in the showflat, the quality is evident.
Your place is crap lah, price is definately not near your true value. $500psf will be your final price, even the quatz have better value because of the MRT.
Koven melody is so much better. Good luck to you man.

Unregistered
17-03-08, 23:36
Your place is crap lah, price is definately not near your true value. $500psf will be your final price, even the quatz have better value because of the MRT.

If near MRT is important to you, there are many good deals out there. You could easily find better deals than Quartz. For example, you may want to check out Northvale. A friend of mine bought one last year and has been quite satisfied with his purchase.

Unregistered
18-03-08, 00:00

If you want to put down RT, you should use "the infiniti" as an example. Same developer for both projects and in fact, both projects have similar layouts and materials for most units. The infiniti is even a FH project, but yet still going for a cheaper price than RT at the momment. Both are not near MRT, but there is a bus stop right outside the infinti.

To many, however, there are many distinct qualities that make RT special and I think it is totally justified for RT to command higher price.

Unregistered
18-03-08, 07:59
If you want to put down RT, you should use "the infiniti" as an example. Same developer for both projects and in fact, both projects have similar layouts and materials for most units. The infiniti is even a FH project, but yet still going for a cheaper price than RT at the momment. Both are not near MRT, but there is a bus stop right outside the infinti.

To many, however, there are many distinct qualities that make RT special and I think it is totally justified for RT to command higher price.
Yah, D5 infiniti is so horrible that a FH is cheaper than a 99 in D21. D5 is totally so lousy that practically prices will not be able to grow much. Feeling sorry for people like blackjack that over hedge in D5 in are in panic state right now.

21 rocks
18-03-08, 08:43
Yah, D5 infiniti is so horrible that a FH is cheaper than a 99 in D21. D5 is totally so lousy that practically prices will not be able to grow much. Feeling sorry for people like blackjack that over hedge in D5 in are in panic state right now.
Come come guys, we do not have to stoop to their level to bring our prestige up. We are part of the gems in D21. For the D5, their current price levels show their true value. URA transactions cannot lie, forummers here can.

Unregistered
18-03-08, 10:07
Comments so immature and irrational reflect badly on RT owners and as a condo.

Unregistered
18-03-08, 11:47
To each his own. I feel that there is no need to criticise anybody's place, district, location, etc. There are so many things waiting to be done or accomplished.

Every home has a unique place in the heart of the owners. We buy a property for ourselves to stay or invest, and so be it. We have studied our needs and the property market before putting in the money, and so be it.

There is no need to be attached to make somebody else wrong to prove one's right.

Every single fight is a micro view of how the world is now. Looking inwards every fight, is also how one is fighting within inside. Something in there is incomplete or missing. That calls for compassion.

So to all owners and non-owners of RT, let's have some peace.

Unregistered
18-03-08, 12:40
To each his own. I feel that there is no need to criticise anybody's place, district, location, etc. There are so many things waiting to be done or accomplished.

Every home has a unique place in the heart of the owners. We buy a property for ourselves to stay or invest, and so be it. We have studied our needs and the property market before putting in the money, and so be it.

There is no need to be attached to make somebody else wrong to prove one's right.

Every single fight is a micro view of how the world is now. Looking inwards every fight, is also how one is fighting within inside. Something in there is incomplete or missing. That calls for compassion.

Agree with you totally. As an owner about to collect my keys soon, I am feeling less and less attracted to this forum unlike in the early days. I suspect there are fewer owners contributing to this forum now...guess everyone is busy with post TOP matters now and most issues brought up here had been debated to death earlier on...so nothing we don't already know. Guess it's time for all stakeholders to move on to the dedicated raintree.21.forumer.com website.

Unregistered
18-03-08, 12:43

The infinti is selling lower than LH project is not because it is located in D5. Clementiwoods which is another LH centerpoint project in D5 is also going for higher rate than the infinti. D5 is a very big area and in some cases even two condos in the same street could be seen as having a world of differences in terms of location..

Unregistered
18-03-08, 21:34

you can hardly find any sensible posters/post on this forum or any other forums and you are one of the rare one.

Unregistered
19-03-08, 11:06
Le wood is so much cheaper, your prices will plummet to $500psf in 1 yr time guarenteed.

It is so amusing. I reckoned you are not a resident around this area. If you are, you'll probably be promoting this whole area because it'll benefit every developments here. So start promoting and we'll see all developments here increase in value and popularity!! Win-win!

Unregistered
19-03-08, 23:53
It is so amusing. I reckoned you are not a resident around this area. If you are, you'll probably be promoting this whole area because it'll benefit every developments here. So start promoting and we'll see all developments here increase in value and popularity!! Win-win!

If its good, no need to promote one. Got monkey means got monkey. Dont need to hide.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 00:18
If its good, no need to promote one. Got monkey means got monkey. Dont need to hide.

What is wrong with monkeys? You think the Govt can't get rid of them if they are bad for us? To impose fine and hire inspectors to enforce the law to prevent peoples feeding the monkeys cost tax payer money. Sinagpore is doing well and therefoere can afford to keep the monkeys to enrich the environment and you don't seem to understand that. Shame on you!

Unregistered
20-03-08, 10:58
What is wrong with monkeys? You think the Govt can't get rid of them if they are bad for us? To impose fine and hire inspectors to enforce the law to prevent peoples feeding the monkeys cost tax payer money. Sinagpore is doing well and therefoere can afford to keep the monkeys to enrich the environment and you don't seem to understand that. Shame on you!
dun bother this guy lah....if he is not interested in RT, he won't be coming into this RT forum everyday to stir up interest! Well, he is hoping price to go down and grab !

Unregistered
20-03-08, 11:20
Bankruptcies sneak back despite good times

Situation could worsen if economy slows and people start losing their jobs

By SIOW LI SEN

(SINGAPORE) Despite full employment and robust economic growth, the number of people facing financial ruin has begun to rise.

After falling from a high in 2004, the number of bankruptcy petitions and orders has begun to flatten and the delinquency rate for credit card holders has started to go up.

Lawyers and those involved in bankruptcy counselling say new bankrupts tend to be younger and are mainly men. Also showing up are parents who acted as guarantors for their children.

While the upward trend is far from alarming as it springs from a very low base, the situation could turn bleaker if the economy slows down and some people lose their jobs.

'As far as I am aware, 99.9 per cent of the people made bankrupt are holding jobs; they complain that their salary is too low to pay (the debt) and that they have a family to feed,' said Aaron Chan, Advent Law director.

The economy expanded 7.5 per cent last year and the unemployment rate was 2.1 per cent - a 10-year low. The National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) said retrenchments hit a 14-year-low, while unionised firms paid out the fattest bonuses in 18 years.

Yet people seem to be living beyond their means.

'When the country is doing well, there's a feel-good factor and people just want to spend,' said Mr Chan, who has been a banking litigation lawyer for some 15 years.

He said the weekly list which comes out for bankruptcy hearings includes professionals such as lawyers and doctors.

But these professionals usually pay up at this stage as they would not be allowed to practise if they were made bankrupt, Mr Chan said.

Creditors can petition for a person to be made bankrupt once the debt exceeds $10,000.

Leong Sze Hian, president of the Society of Financial Service Professionals, volunteers at the Official Assignee's office. He said the number of bankrupts could be even higher as creditors are holding back.

In January this year, there were 292 petitions for bankruptcy and 215 bankruptcy orders were passed. In 2007, the average monthly bankruptcy petitions stood at 268 and the orders at 230, according to the Insolvency & Public Trustee's Office.

In the works is a debt repayment scheme to help debtors avoid bankruptcy.

Since he began counselling debtors two years ago, Mr Leong said he noticed that a number of new bankrupts seem younger, and are overwhelmingly men.

Bankrupts include those who have problems paying rent for their HDB shops as well as those who cannot pay the bank loans for their HDB homes.

In addition, quite a few are parents who acted as guarantors for the unsecured credit taken out by their children, Mr Leong said.

There was also one case of a man who did not own a car but was bankrupted for his certificate of entitlement (COE) bid.

He had bid $8,000 for the COE but found his application for a car loan rejected by a bank, said Mr Leong. With fees and charges, his debt snowballed to over $10,000, he said.

Credit Bureau (Singapore) Pte Ltd data shows that the number of delinquent credit card holders began rising steadily from July last year.

In December, there were 14,379 delinquent credit card holders representing a delinquency rate of 1.42 per cent against 11,346 or 1.16 per cent in July.

Said Credit Bureau general manager Mark Rowley: 'I agree that we are seeing some early signs that delinquency is trending upwards although arguably off a low base. The numbers over the next few months will be interesting.'

Credit Bureau's data also shows that a majority of those having payment problems are between 21 and 44 years old, and men make up almost 70 per cent.

Some 80 per cent have credit cards with at least two banks. In most cases, the delinquent owes less than $5,000.
OH MY MY SOON MANY CONDOS ON FIRE SALE SURELY AT THIS RATE. IN GOOD TIMES LIKE THIS SO CAN IMAGINE WHAT WILL HAPPEN SOON

Unregistered
20-03-08, 11:29
OH MY MY SOON MANY CONDOS ON FIRE SALE SURELY AT THIS RATE. IN GOOD TIMES LIKE THIS SO CAN IMAGINE WHAT WILL HAPPEN SOON

Yeah, maybe you can pick up a small HDB very soon from them. Btw, most of them are youngsters, more likely they live in Sengkang or Punggol. Try your luck there.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 11:43
Maddog, talking rubbish again?
Which part of the article says many condos are on fire sale? Yours maybe, loser?
Still struck in your dream?
Ha ha ha!

Destroyed the forum by hacking and deleting our posts.
Now still has the guts to come and post nonsense to spoil the forum?
Useless dog!

Unregistered
20-03-08, 15:39

U r not so smart afterall...cos the way u state is obvious you are not a resident of the area. Please proceed to the appropriate thread to post your comments.

Unregistered
20-03-08, 15:43

Yet another not so smart chap....if u have information like this and of course if you have $$ (which i think u dun), you should act and start looking for bargain....don't waste your time here posting all these useless comments. Think!

Unregistered
20-03-08, 15:45

Please proceed to the appropriate thread to post your comments. Thank you.

Unregistered
24-03-08, 10:30
Anyone have collected keys?

Unregistered
24-03-08, 10:48
Anyone have collected keys?
yes....some had collected last week.

Unregistered
24-03-08, 10:53
yes....some had collected last week.

Yes, we had collected keys last week
Management did advise not to use pools for the time being saying some additional cleaning is needed...don't know whether it is the real reason.

Unregistered
24-03-08, 11:10
Management did advise not to use pools for the time being saying some additional cleaning is needed...don't know whether it is the real reason.
Congratulations! Hope you are enjoying your new home.

Unregistered
24-03-08, 11:32
killing ALL Bacteria.......new pool mah !

Unregistered
24-03-08, 12:42
How is the interior workmanship, any major rectification job to be done?

Unregistered
24-03-08, 13:39

I am happy with mine.

Unregistered
24-03-08, 14:00

It is generally good and nothing major was detected. However, close inpection did reveal many items that need to be touched up.

Unregistered
24-03-08, 14:06
Any advice on what defects to look out for for those who are going to collect the keys.

Unregistered
24-03-08, 16:20
It is generally good and nothing major was detected. However, close inpection did reveal many items that need to be touched up.
Hi, can share your close reveal on many items to look out for? Appreciate ...thks!

Unregistered
25-03-08, 12:03
For those who hv collected their keys, pls share your block number.
thanks!

Unregistered
25-03-08, 12:24
thanks!

Or unit number if you don't mind.

Carol Chong
25-03-08, 12:53
I am interested 4 rooms at The Raintree. Anyone wish to sell pls call my hp. 97432247

Unregistered
25-03-08, 13:44
I am interested 4 rooms at The Raintree. Anyone wish to sell pls call my hp. 97432247

I have one asking for 1.35mil.

Unregistered
25-03-08, 14:06
thanks!

Heard those who collected keys last and this week are on priority list. Regular key collections has not yet started.

Unregistered
25-03-08, 14:57

i intend to sell my unit for S$1.05mil. facing deck garden with partial pool facing. Area is 1324 sqft with 3 main bedrooms and 1 maid/utility room. if keen please call 83984428 (after 7pm)

Unregistered
25-03-08, 18:51
i intend to sell my unit for S$1.05mil. facing deck garden with partial pool facing. Area is 1324 sqft with 3 main bedrooms and 1 maid/utility room. if keen please call 83984428 (after 7pm)

I am looking for 4 bedrooms.

Unregistered
25-03-08, 22:29
I have one asking for 1.35mil.
Go fly kite.

Unregistered
25-03-08, 22:30
sorry , not interested. Counter offer 500k

Unregistered
26-03-08, 01:00
sorry , not interested. Counter offer 500k
Can have monkeys for company? Read in the paper today that humans are encroaching on their space.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 09:09
I offer you 600k take it or leave it. Buy le wood still better than your crap.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 10:19

bro, le wood is a worse piece of crap lah.. small, old and stinking.. go and look at south haven....near the main road yet stone thrown away from nature.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 10:27

Bring check and wait for the agent who will be waiting for you at 2pm this afternoon in ward 14, bed 05, IMH

Unregistered
26-03-08, 10:34
Bring check and wait for the agent who will be waiting for you at 2pm this afternoon in ward 14, bed 05, IMH

sorry..did not take medicine today... i eat back my crap..

CSR Police
26-03-08, 11:13
:****you: :asshole: :please-die:

Host
26-03-08, 11:19
Warning! You are advised that no abusive language should be used in this forum.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 23:12
collected the keys today, pretty happy with the unit, except that it looks smaller than we have expected.

Unregistered
27-03-08, 07:16
collected the keys today, pretty happy with the unit, except that it looks smaller than we have expected.

Usually showflats are deceiving because of their mirror decor.

For FCP,they did indicate the rooms' size in their brochure unlike some other developments.

Not to worry,it will looks great after furnishing.

Which block are you in?

Unregistered
27-03-08, 08:10

Congrats! Hope to collect it by next week.

Unregistered
27-03-08, 09:30
pls share the size and type of your unit, tks.
Enjoy!

Unregistered
27-03-08, 10:55
Congrats! Hope to collect it by next week.
Hoping to get my keys next week also.

Unregistered
27-03-08, 12:02

For FCP,they did indicate the rooms' size in their brochure unlike some other developments.

Which block are you in?

Reckon so, me & my hubby are from blk 93, and according to FCL, as per yesterday, we're the 21st couple/household to collect the keys.

Unregistered
27-03-08, 13:02

Which block are you in?

They did indicate the size of the rooms (living/dining, bedrooms) for each type of floor plan in their brochures.

Unregistered
27-03-08, 14:00
Reckon so, me & my hubby are from blk 93, and according to FCL, as per yesterday, we're the 21st couple/household to collect the keys.

just curious, is your household one of those on priority list?

Unregistered
27-03-08, 16:33

hi,would like to ask on the time line and procedure of key collection. Would a letter be sent to my lawyer first on the loan drawdown for TOP first? (hence my lawyer would be the first to know on the collection date?) and then how long does it take to collect the keys after the letter is sent? thanks in advance

Unregistered
27-03-08, 16:48
hi,would like to ask on the time line and procedure of key collection. Would a letter be sent to my lawyer first on the loan drawdown for TOP first? (hence my lawyer would be the first to know on the collection date?) and then how long does it take to collect the keys after the letter is sent? thanks in advance

Developer will inform your lawyer and they will contact you. If you want to get your key fast, use cashier order.Within two working days, you should be able to get your key(depending on the appointment date/time available).
You may want to contact Singapore Power(SP) for your water/electric and
gas supply at : 18002222333 / 18005551661(Gas).

Warmest wishes from
Your happy neighbour.

Unregistered
27-03-08, 17:24
just curious, is your household one of those on priority list?

Yeah, we were on the priority list. Some of the units are renovating now, heard from FCL personnel that one / two units have been occupied.

Unregistered
27-03-08, 23:18
Yeah, we were on the priority list. Some of the units are renovating now, heard from FCL personnel that one / two units have been occupied.

Yes, I passed by one ground floor unit that seem to be already been occupied, but with minimum renovation. Amazingly, even curtains are not yet up or they could prefer not to have curtains as it may get in their way of enjoying nature?

lincoln
28-03-08, 00:45
I have understand from FCL that the letter of vacant possession would be served to all residents by mid April. After which keys can be collected within a week at the soonest, once all necessary payments are made.

Unregistered
28-03-08, 12:31
Ha, why didn't you come in to say hi?

Cheers!

Yes, I passed by one ground floor unit that seem to be already been occupied, but with minimum renovation. Amazingly, even curtains are not yet up or they could prefer not to have curtains as it may get in their way of enjoying nature?

Unregistered
28-03-08, 14:26
The finishing I must say is very good. Particularly please with the bathroom. If not fussy, anybody can actually just move in without any renovation. Just install the lights, curtains and furniture.

I absolutely love the view into the greens.

The planter box area is going to be tricky. It is currently unfilled and is around 50 cm deep. Some $$$ may be needed to do it up. May do a simple water feature with wooden planks to compliment the nature. Anybody want to share how they are doing this?

Unregistered
28-03-08, 14:42
The finishing I must say is very good. Particularly please with the bathroom. If not fussy, anybody can actually just move in without any renovation. Just install the lights, curtains and furniture.

I absolutely love the view into the greens.

The planter box area is going to be tricky. It is currently unfilled and is around 50 cm deep. Some $$$ may be needed to do it up. May do a simple water feature with wooden planks to compliment the nature. Anybody want to share how they are doing this?

I believe majority will go for wooden strips coverting the planter box to a mini balcony just like what they did with the show flat.

Unregistered
29-03-08, 21:44
Planter box timber has strict guidelines to follow. No point.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 19:47
For those interested in the downtown line, the yellow triangular structures are now at Upper Bukit Timah. So check it out if you're interested in property in this area. Got one near Hillside condo, one near Hume Park, one opp Rail Mall, one in front of Methodist church, and one at Standard Chartered.

Unregistered
05-04-08, 00:07
For those interested in the downtown line, the yellow triangular structures are now at Upper Bukit Timah. So check it out if you're interested in property in this area. Got one near Hillside condo, one near Hume Park, one opp Rail Mall, one in front of Methodist church, and one at Standard Chartered.
One inside Raintree.

Unregistered
05-04-08, 07:11
One inside Raintree.

Dun be silly. Get real!
It will be great to have it at the turn to hindhede dr/walk (i.e. open field). Everyone around that area will benefit.

Unregistered
05-04-08, 11:46
Dun be silly. Get real!
It will be great to have it at the turn to hindhede dr/walk (i.e. open field). Everyone around that area will benefit.
No it will be at Raintree. The big rectangular open field is for condo, too wasteful for mrt and too near Toh Yi anyway.

Teana
15-04-08, 16:20
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of March 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Park Natura ...... OCR ....... 2 ............................... 1,102 ............. 1,036 ............ 970

bukit timah home seeker
23-05-08, 10:24
My DTZ agent has two units on hand (one in Raintree and one at 19 Shelford), RT asked for 850psf while 19S asked for 1100psf. He strongly recommended me to view 19S this weekend as its freehold, interchange for two 2 mrt lines in future, with top primary schools nearby so on....

While for RT, his actual comments: 'owner asking is on the high side and really willing to bargain...if you don't mind LH...unless you don't mind small little animals roaming around...don't think it will be close to future mrt station....difficult to market...'

I have no prejudice against RT, but feel that RT is really meant for a very niche group of buyers, that place close to nature as top priority. Just my two cents worth.

bbroerrerere
23-05-08, 14:19
My DTZ agent has two units on hand (one in Raintree and one at 19 Shelford), RT asked for 850psf while 19S asked for 1100psf. He strongly recommended me to view 19S this weekend as its freehold, interchange for two 2 mrt lines in future, with top primary schools nearby so on....

While for RT, his actual comments: 'owner asking is on the high side and really willing to bargain...if you don't mind LH...unless you don't mind small little animals roaming around...don't think it will be close to future mrt station....difficult to market...'

I have no prejudice against RT, but feel that RT is really meant for a very niche group of buyers, that place close to nature as top priority. Just my two cents worth.

and i guess the fact that your agent will probably earn higher commission from selling 19S compared to RT does not bias his/her recommendation at all, eh?

bukit timah home seeker
23-05-08, 23:09
and i guess the fact that your agent will probably earn higher commission from selling 19S compared to RT does not bias his/her recommendation at all, eh?

Agent called to confirm tomolo's viewing at 19S again. I think situation is slightly different what you guessed. Agent has exclusive right on RT, but not the case for 19S. However, RT owner is unlikely to accept anything lower than 850psf, while 19S owner seems more willing to negotiate slightly.

Say if you are just a neutral home seeker, which is a more attractive proposition for you? FH, D11 location and confirmed nearby future mrt station but at 1100psf neg, or without above but at 850psf nett. Say for a 1000sqf unit, difference is 200k if 19S is willing to down to 1050psf.

Its subjective afterall, for diehard nature lover, RT will be a steal, otherwise...

home buyer
24-05-08, 01:20
Maybe you should wait until you see the unit at 19 Shelford before you compare? Just by seeing the numbers you might think it is more worth it to get the free Shelford as compared to Raintree... but do you know how good the units are? At 1100PSF at Shelford are you getting a choice unit? what kind of facing? Shelford TOPed 1997-1998... how is the condition of the unit considering it is almost 10 yrs old?
Raintree 850PSF is it pool facing etc?west sun? All these affects the asking price of the sellers... unless the seller is desperate to offload (or the unit is undesirable)... if not universal rule applies to all sellers...they wanna sell at high price.

Both has its pros and cons...
Qn is: are you buying to stay or invest?

Just my 2cents...

home buyer
24-05-08, 01:21
*Freehold*

bukit timah home seeker
24-05-08, 23:22
Maybe you should wait until you see the unit at 19 Shelford before you compare? Just by seeing the numbers you might think it is more worth it to get the free Shelford as compared to Raintree... but do you know how good the units are? At 1100PSF at Shelford are you getting a choice unit? what kind of facing? Shelford TOPed 1997-1998... how is the condition of the unit considering it is almost 10 yrs old?
Raintree 850PSF is it pool facing etc?west sun? All these affects the asking price of the sellers... unless the seller is desperate to offload (or the unit is undesirable)... if not universal rule applies to all sellers...they wanna sell at high price.

Both has its pros and cons...
Qn is: are you buying to stay or invest?

Just my 2cents...

To stay now and wait for capital gain. I read in another thread, saying that one should not buy just TOP resale units as buyer will always pay a premium. How true is this?

Anyway, pool view or not very subjective. My cousin stays at North Oaks (woodland EC), with direct pool view and mid-floor. He is very disturbed with the whole day pool parties every weekend...

Let c how my viewing tomolo at 19S goes...

Bukit Timah home owner
09-06-08, 10:17
RT is 99 LH. Read recent Business Times article on 99LH on unfavourable lease topup and govt's stand that the default is lease will not be topped up. Not everyone read BT but such news will spread to the masses soon. If can afford, go for FH. Try going further down to Hillview and Hume if budget is a concern. The condos there are FH, spacious with good designs and 700psf. Or alternatively, u can go for 19S. RT is "new", just TOP, that's why it's pricey but over time, its value will start diverging from nearby FH condo. Just look at HV Regency. Was higher than the HV FH condos last year, but now after 2 years, trading lower already.

Agent called to confirm tomolo's viewing at 19S again. I think situation is slightly different what you guessed. Agent has exclusive right on RT, but not the case for 19S. However, RT owner is unlikely to accept anything lower than 850psf, while 19S owner seems more willing to negotiate slightly.

Say if you are just a neutral home seeker, which is a more attractive proposition for you? FH, D11 location and confirmed nearby future mrt station but at 1100psf neg, or without above but at 850psf nett. Say for a 1000sqf unit, difference is 200k if 19S is willing to down to 1050psf.

Its subjective afterall, for diehard nature lover, RT will be a steal, otherwise...

FH
09-06-08, 10:47
RT is 99 LH. Read recent Business Times article on 99LH on unfavourable lease topup and govt's stand that the default is lease will not be topped up. Not everyone read BT but such news will spread to the masses soon. If can afford, go for FH. Try going further down to Hillview and Hume if budget is a concern. The condos there are FH, spacious with good designs and 700psf. Or alternatively, u can go for 19S. RT is "new", just TOP, that's why it's pricey but over time, its value will start diverging from nearby FH condo. Just look at HV Regency. Was higher than the HV FH condos last year, but now after 2 years, trading lower already.

Well said, Raintree is definitely overpriced.

no brainer
10-06-08, 16:50
Well said, Raintree is definitely overpriced.

Are you one of those Hillview owners who can't get rid your units?

Everyone who buys properties know that location is one of the most important factors. Hillview is further down from civilization and will also kenna ERP when you drive down...There is also the demand and supply factors in play- Hillview has so many so many so many developments, you can throw a stone in any location and it'll hit something. Of course, if you want to consider Hillview, you better go for freehold.
But for a development so close to Bukit Timah, brand new... current prices are still a steal.GardenVista is selling for 1200psf and Jardin 1800psf.
Alternatively, you can choose to wait out the boom whilst the rest enjoy their new homes for the next few years~ at the end of the day, it's just a matter of how deep your pockets are? For the people who can afford it, there is no such thing as overpriced. Look at how some people are spending easily 10m for a house at Nassim Residences... For those who can't afford it... they'll be stuck here commenting about how over priced things are...

Cheers.

Unregistered_22
10-06-08, 20:34

Everyone who buys properties know that location is one of the most important factors. Hillview is further down from civilization and will also kenna ERP when you drive down...There is also the demand and supply factors in play- Hillview has so many so many so many developments, you can throw a stone in any location and it'll hit something. Of course, if you want to consider Hillview, you better go for freehold.
But for a development so close to Bukit Timah, brand new... current prices are still a steal.GardenVista is selling for 1200psf and Jardin 1800psf.
Alternatively, you can choose to wait out the boom whilst the rest enjoy their new homes for the next few years~ at the end of the day, it's just a matter of how deep your pockets are? For the people who can afford it, there is no such thing as overpriced. Look at how some people are spending easily 10m for a house at Nassim Residences... For those who can't afford it... they'll be stuck here commenting about how over priced things are...

Cheers.

Then, you must be one of the owner of the Raintree who is trying very hard to convince the people here to buy the unit there.

hpoirot
11-06-08, 12:16
I believe majority will go for wooden strips coverting the planter box to a mini balcony just like what they did with the show flat.
Agree, but what kind of guidelines are there regarding this?

Some forumers at skyscrapercity, living at City Lights have said that it's not possible to lay timber strips over the planter to convert into a balcony.

Just wondering here..is the approval dependent on the developer?

No RT
11-06-08, 16:40
Raintree is not exactly near cilivilisation. And Hillview wont kena ERP lah. Do check your facts or else it affects your credibility. Also, Raintree looks jaded for a brand new development somehow. In any case, the prices at RT ain't much higher than Hillview despite it being brand new, which says a lot about its desirability or lack of. Once it gets older, I can't imagine how the prices will move, with many freehold condos nearby. There're more sellers at RT than entire Hillview combined. Look at classifieds...

Cheers.

hillview yeah
12-06-08, 19:12
Raintree is not exactly near cilivilisation. And Hillview wont kena ERP lah. Do check your facts or else it affects your credibility. Also, Raintree looks jaded for a brand new development somehow. In any case, the prices at RT ain't much higher than Hillview despite it being brand new, which says a lot about its desirability or lack of. Once it gets older, I can't imagine how the prices will move, with many freehold condos nearby. There're more sellers at RT than entire Hillview combined. Look at classifieds...

then Hillview is your choice my pal... if what you like is no privacy with condos all around no matter which direction you look...and not brand new developments...and if FREEHOLD is so important to you... regardless of the fact that there are so many freehold ones in Hilllview anyway...

spend your money where you like... =) Raintree is for people who appreciate the close proximity to the nature reserve and across the road from Bukit Timah Plaza and eateries... no other development in sight from your windows and an absolutely peaceful environment to go home to after work everyday.

Unregistered456
12-06-08, 19:13
Agree, but what kind of guidelines are there regarding this?

Some forumers at skyscrapercity, living at City Lights have said that it's not possible to lay timber strips over the planter to convert into a balcony.

Just wondering here..is the approval dependent on the developer?

quite a few of the residents have already converted to balcony.. shldn't be a problem to do that?

Peaceful at HV
13-06-08, 00:13
Just a casual observer who stay in D11 but I hv friends and relatives stay at Hillview and the view is superb. Largely because Hillview is surrounded by 3 nature reserves - so many units will face nature reserves somehow - be it Bukit Timah, Bt Batok nature reserve, Bt Batok Town Park or Dairy Farm reserve. Also developments are HUGE and based on the older resort-style design with units surrounding a big free-style infiniti pool - no problem of privacy at all. Units facing outside usually face nature reserves. Try visiting some of the developments - they're nice and peaceful. In fact, I notice most new developments have a very small pool with units looking at each other within the same development! Lagi worse! As for RT, is it the low-lying dark-brownish one behind Southhaven? Just bear in mind RT is a LH project in a predominently FH area and latest govt stand (read BT) that the default is LH will not be topped up going forward and at a huge price as well. Try benchmarking the spread between LH (Sherwood, Bukit View, Gardenvista etc.) and FH in the same area b4 making the purchase. This place just TOP and it will fetch a slight premium known as the "TOP premium" which will go away.

then Hillview is your choice my pal... if what you like is no privacy with condos all around no matter which direction you look...and not brand new developments...and if FREEHOLD is so important to you... regardless of the fact that there are so many freehold ones in Hilllview anyway...

spend your money where you like... =) Raintree is for people who appreciate the close proximity to the nature reserve and across the road from Bukit Timah Plaza and eateries... no other development in sight from your windows and an absolutely peaceful environment to go home to after work everyday.

valuebuyer
13-06-08, 10:23
I was eyeing to buy a unit at RT in fourth quarter of 2007 when all my friends told me to wait as prices will be coming down in 2008. Unfortunately, prices had gone from 700+ psf to 800 plus now. Heard from my agents that there were units already transacted at over 900 psf. The way things are gioing, I guess very likely I will have no choice, but to get a unit at Hillview.

Just a casual observer who stay in D11 but I hv friends and relatives stay at Hillview and the view is superb. Largely because Hillview is surrounded by 3 nature reserves - so many units will face nature reserves somehow - be it Bukit Timah, Bt Batok nature reserve, Bt Batok Town Park or Dairy Farm reserve. Also developments are HUGE and based on the older resort-style design with units surrounding a big free-style infiniti pool - no problem of privacy at all. Units facing outside usually face nature reserves. Try visiting some of the developments - they're nice and peaceful. In fact, I notice most new developments have a very small pool with units looking at each other within the same development! Lagi worse! As for RT, is it the low-lying dark-brownish one behind Southhaven? Just bear in mind RT is a LH project in a predominently FH area and latest govt stand (read BT) that the default is LH will not be topped up going forward and at a huge price as well. Try benchmarking the spread between LH (Sherwood, Bukit View, Gardenvista etc.) and FH in the same area b4 making the purchase. This place just TOP and it will fetch a slight premium known as the "TOP premium" which will go away.

HoP
13-06-08, 11:55
Or you can just wait. When a property just TOP, it will attract one group of buyers who (i) Only buy things new (ii) Need to see the real thing and not showflats, and hence fetch a premium. Once people start moving in and sell as a resale, the premium will disappear. There is a recent RT transaction at $511psf (go nationpropert.sg) but most are $800psf. Know your downside potential. Even Hillview properties don't go that low now.

I was eyeing to buy a unit at RT in fourth quarter of 2007 when all my friends told me to wait as prices will be coming down in 2008. Unfortunately, prices had gone from 700+ psf to 800 plus now. Heard from my agents that there were units already transacted at over 900 psf. The way things are gioing, I guess very likely I will have no choice, but to get a unit at Hillview.

Unregg
13-06-08, 13:58
Or you can just wait. When a property just TOP, it will attract one group of buyers who (i) Only buy things new (ii) Need to see the real thing and not showflats, and hence fetch a premium. Once people start moving in and sell as a resale, the premium will disappear. There is a recent RT transaction at $511psf (go nationpropert.sg) but most are $800psf. Know your downside potential. Even Hillview properties don't go that low now.

the $511 transaction is the sort bought from developer last time but lawyers didn't lodge caveat until recently. no unit will transact at $511 in this market. the previous writer is right to say that most units are transacting above $750psf now and above. If you don't know the current market then don't pretend to- you can check URA and the numbers are there.

Unregg
13-06-08, 14:01

Some FH Hillview ones are not necessarily much cheaper on a psf basis... and the location is way off. You can keep looking out for RT units maybe some sellers will lower their asking price if they can't get what they want. If budget is a problem then the railway facing units are most likely to give you value for money.

ha ha ha
13-06-08, 14:08

You obviously don't understand the rules of demand and supply... only when there is demand there is a supply. There is absolutely no demand for your Hillview units too so there's no supply. Even with so much supply of sellers selling at Raintree the transacted prices remain so high, it goes to show how much demand there are for the units. As for your Hillview ones... Hahaha, good luck to you! Cheers!

Uncivilised
13-06-08, 15:48
I am not sure why the Raintree residents are always so uncultured. Surely you can try to justify why it's a good time to buy RT now instead of just laughing at people like an idiotic child? People are just bringing up discussion points. Bear in mind the condos in Hillview are close to 10 years but are still fetching decent prices. If one would like to compare apples with apples, perhaps the comparison shd be RT vs the new launches in the Hillview area? Hillvista or Park Natura. There is no need to resort to putting down other people's property as bad location etc. when the new launches are fetching better prices despite not being to fetch immediate rental yields. What makes you say there is absolutely no demand for Hillview properties? Why kind of crowd stays at RT? I will think twice. I don't even stay at Hillview but I find their comments well thought out and sensible, and do not resort to name-calling. It's a different class I supposed.

You obviously don't understand the rules of demand and supply... only when there is demand there is a supply. There is absolutely no demand for your Hillview units too so there's no supply. Even with so much supply of sellers selling at Raintree the transacted prices remain so high, it goes to show how much demand there are for the units. As for your Hillview ones... Hahaha, good luck to you! Cheers!

valuebuyer
13-06-08, 18:49
You are not just uncivilized, you are probably unintelligent as well as I don't see the point in assuming that those who made positive comments muct be RT residents and those who don't must be residents of Hillview. I did not manage to get an unit when the price was lower than now, but what is the point of trashing things that you can't get like a little child?
I am not sure why the Raintree residents are always so uncultured. Surely you can try to justify why it's a good time to buy RT now instead of just laughing at people like an idiotic child? People are just bringing up discussion points. Bear in mind the condos in Hillview are close to 10 years but are still fetching decent prices. If one would like to compare apples with apples, perhaps the comparison shd be RT vs the new launches in the Hillview area? Hillvista or Park Natura. There is no need to resort to putting down other people's property as bad location etc. when the new launches are fetching better prices despite not being to fetch immediate rental yields. What makes you say there is absolutely no demand for Hillview properties? Why kind of crowd stays at RT? I will think twice. I don't even stay at Hillview but I find their comments well thought out and sensible, and do not resort to name-calling. It's a different class I supposed.

Just buy RT
16-06-08, 00:01
No wonder you're looking at 99LH at Bukit Timah... Why be 2nd rate when there're FH nearby with good value? Bukit Timah is an old money area - reason why there is a huge diff between the FH and LH for the same-age property here is becos people with old money prefer to have FH properties for their future generation. I'm in the property line and notice that HDB upgraders are usually not too particular about the LH vs FH because it's immediate gratification at lower price - and usually snap the LH properties. If you like LH, why not go for better location with amenities? LH in not-good location is a bad choice. I can see you'r equite fixated on RT and not listening to opposing views. At the end of the day, it's your own call and budget. Just buy RT and don't regret.

You are not just uncivilized, you are probably unintelligent as well as I don't see the point in assuming that those who made positive comments muct be RT residents and those who don't must be residents of Hillview. I did not manage to get an unit when the price was lower than now, but what is the point of trashing things that you can't get like a little child?

Raintree Owner
16-06-08, 10:29
Hi all,

Speaking in my capacity as a Raintree owner, I reckon it is probably unfair to label Raintree owners as being crass and a group with absolutely no class. Moreover, the identities of forum contributors here are always shrouded in secrecy, thus it is probably not possible to get a representative sample of Raintree owners in a place like this. Anyway, just my ten cents' worth, based on my experience at the place so far, I must admit that as far as my bias towards my place goes, it has been an absolute gem for me. The views are amazing; imagine being able to look out of your windows and see monkeys playing around in the trees and squirrels scurrying around on the branches. Indeed, the Raintree does offer an unique experience of being in an un-Singaporean environment; no hustle and bustle associated with the city life and an environment that makes one feel as though he or she is lounging around in a resort setting in a faraway land (it looks vaguely familiar like Bora Bora, the isles in Tahiti - or at least city workers like me like to imagine it to be).

Obviously, there are downsides as well; the overall build quality and the standards of the facilities and amentities used could be better in my opinion. Likewise, the closeness to nature means that you often have members from the insect kingdom (of all shapes and sizes at times) as our immediate neighbours. As for guys who have been through NS like me, the sounds of the jungle do bring back memories of NS, be it a good or bad thing. However, I guess in life, you do gain some and lose some, thus these are not things that I am overly concerned with, having made the decision to live with them in the first place.

The Raintree is definitely not for anyone in my opinion, it really boils down to the perennial reason vs passion debate. For practical home dwellers, the Raintree will probably not even feature on their list, since the secluded nature of the development means that accessibility is definitely an issue for people highly dependent on public transport means. For people looking for something very different, something that makes one feel as though he or she is living in a retreat, one that probably brings you back into our primitive past as jungle dwellers and the experience of living in an un-Singaporean-like environment in Singapore, then the Raintree probably fits you to a stitch. There are things in life that money cannot buy, but luckily for a simple bloke like me, I was fortunate enough to purchase an unique living experience and to be able to even gain access to that experience is something that I will gladly part any money for. And that is my ten cents' worth. Cheers!

Unregistered_Naturelover
16-06-08, 13:40
I am a nature lover - lived somewhere off the city, among trees, squirrels, insects, mozzies included. No main roads. Look out of the windows, can't see humans. One of those rare places where you can sleep with windows wide open.

RT's environment is serene and lovely. Unfortunately, the developer had great difficulty selling off the project when it was launched. I believe partly because of its accessibility plus it is 99 LH. Don't mean to be negative, but upside in value is limited, probably explains why not as popular.

An agent told me one of the owners wanted to give him an exclusive to sell her unit. She was one of the original buyers, but wanted him to sell her unit urgently, at $800psf, promised 2% comm, on condition that he must advertise 2x weekly. He declined. His rationale is, in a quiet market, can advertise everyday, yet may not achieve that price.

blackjack21trader
16-06-08, 15:57
2 years ago I told You,
High end going up and up,
Missed the potty a year ago.
2 months ago I told You,
Mid end going up and up,
Now you goin to miss it all once again....

raintreeowner
16-06-08, 16:33
When I bought my unit one year ago at 600psf, my agent told me by TOP time, it will touch 800 psf. It actually exceeded expectation and how often an agent manage to underestimate thing in a sale talk? That is rare indeed and the agent even experenced agent does not know why value at RT is still climbing and I am sure you are no exception.

I am a nature lover - lived somewhere off the city, among trees, squirrels, insects, mozzies included. No main roads. Look out of the windows, can't see humans. One of those rare places where you can sleep with windows wide open.

RT's environment is serene and lovely. Unfortunately, the developer had great difficulty selling off the project when it was launched. I believe partly because of its accessibility plus it is 99 LH. Don't mean to be negative, but upside in value is limited, probably explains why not as popular.

An agent told me one of the owners wanted to give him an exclusive to sell her unit. She was one of the original buyers, but wanted him to sell her unit urgently, at $800psf, promised 2% comm, on condition that he must advertise 2x weekly. He declined. His rationale is, in a quiet market, can advertise everyday, yet may not achieve that price.

rain owner
17-06-08, 09:05
Hi all,

Speaking in my capacity as a Raintree owner, I reckon it is probably unfair to label Raintree owners as being crass and a group with absolutely no class. Moreover, the identities of forum contributors here are always shrouded in secrecy, thus it is probably not possible to get a representative sample of Raintree owners in a place like this. Anyway, just my ten cents' worth, based on my experience at the place so far, I must admit that as far as my bias towards my place goes, it has been an absolute gem for me. The views are amazing; imagine being able to look out of your windows and see monkeys playing around in the trees and squirrels scurrying around on the branches. Indeed, the Raintree does offer an unique experience of being in an un-Singaporean environment; no hustle and bustle associated with the city life and an environment that makes one feel as though he or she is lounging around in a resort setting in a faraway land (it looks vaguely familiar like Bora Bora, the isles in Tahiti - or at least city workers like me like to imagine it to be).

Obviously, there are downsides as well; the overall build quality and the standards of the facilities and amentities used could be better in my opinion. Likewise, the closeness to nature means that you often have members from the insect kingdom (of all shapes and sizes at times) as our immediate neighbours. As for guys who have been through NS like me, the sounds of the jungle do bring back memories of NS, be it a good or bad thing. However, I guess in life, you do gain some and lose some, thus these are not things that I am overly concerned with, having made the decision to live with them in the first place.

The Raintree is definitely not for anyone in my opinion, it really boils down to the perennial reason vs passion debate. For practical home dwellers, the Raintree will probably not even feature on their list, since the secluded nature of the development means that accessibility is definitely an issue for people highly dependent on public transport means. For people looking for something very different, something that makes one feel as though he or she is living in a retreat, one that probably brings you back into our primitive past as jungle dwellers and the experience of living in an un-Singaporean-like environment in Singapore, then the Raintree probably fits you to a stitch. There are things in life that money cannot buy, but luckily for a simple bloke like me, I was fortunate enough to purchase an unique living experience and to be able to even gain access to that experience is something that I will gladly part any money for. And that is my ten cents' worth. Cheers!
Well say. I'm one of the owner there too....enjoy staying there for 3 weeks already. Reach home after meal drinking red wine at balcony facing serene greenery very relax and peaceful. Nite time very cooling and morning air is fresh!

Unregistered 888
17-06-08, 16:02

$800 PSF is definitely achievable, quite a few units have passed $800PSF mark.. it's on URA records

Unregistered_999
17-06-08, 17:03
$800 PSF is definitely achievable, quite a few units have passed $800PSF mark.. it's on URA records

Not for too long......

Unregistered 000
17-06-08, 21:39
Not for too long......

We'll see...happy waiting for the prices to drop like you wish...!

Unregistered999
25-06-08, 10:02
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,090,000 1,335 817 May-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,080,000 1,335 809 May-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,230,000 1,378 893 May-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,000,000 1,292 774 May-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,080,000 1,313 822 May-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 910,000 1,270 716 May-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,200,000 1,507 796 May-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,111,000 1,507 737 May-08

It seems like the prices for this development is still going up despite the current weak property market sentiments.

Agree
25-06-08, 13:45
Confirmed with property agents that most condo project were experienced a dip in price during the last 2-3 months. This one is one of the few that is still in up-trend. It is not difficult to explain though: location, location and location...

THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,090,000 1,335 817 May-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,080,000 1,335 809 May-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,230,000 1,378 893 May-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,000,000 1,292 774 May-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,080,000 1,313 822 May-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 910,000 1,270 716 May-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,200,000 1,507 796 May-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1,111,000 1,507 737 May-08

It seems like the prices for this development is still going up despite the current weak property market sentiments.

25-06-08, 14:52
Explanation is "just TOP" just like Parc Infinia is on an uptrend. This is not fantastic location. Look at some of the 99LH transacted prices in the same area and you'll understand. Nevertheless, it will attract a certain group who want new properties and want to see the real thing. Anyway, for a brand new condo, the prices were in line. Even Lakeshore fetch better prices.
Confirmed with property agents that most condo project were experienced a dip in price during the last 2-3 months. This one is one of the few that is still in up-trend. It is not difficult to explain though: location, location and location...

Unregistered00
11-07-08, 09:20
raintree only appeals to a select group of people. it will only sell when there is a boom.

hahahahahahaha
11-07-08, 12:35
raintree only appeals to a select group of people. it will only sell when there is a boom.

by "select" you mean "high class"?

don't make me laugh! oops i already am!

Judge
11-07-08, 12:43
Select means: folks who very much to be around Nature and yet can afford to pay a premium to get it.

Many very wealthy peoples enjoys living in bustling city and would not care about Nature or health or both. They like to party everynight and you can find many of those in new your city.

Nirwana
12-07-08, 00:20
The sounds of nature at night abuzz with invisible life, in the pitch black with not a single distant light. The dew, the rain, the sight of furry squirrels without a damn, chasing up and down atop branches and trees. A connection that is near impossible in Singapore, but available to me as I sit and savour my moments at the planter box.

I feel wealthy :-)

scared
12-07-08, 00:38
Hantu is coming

Unregistered2
12-07-08, 18:32

goodness, you don't even know what is 'select'!

Unregistered 1
14-07-08, 20:42
What price now for a unit facing away from the blks next to the ktm train?

Registered
15-07-08, 00:13
Based on data from the last five transactions in the past two months published at the URA website, it should be around 800 psf.

What price now for a unit facing away from the blks next to the ktm train?

Bo Registered
16-07-08, 01:48
News came out there will be MRT at Beautyworld site...
is that near the Raintree?

registered1
16-07-08, 08:51
5-10 mins walk at most

News came out there will be MRT at Beautyworld site...
is that near the Raintree?

dfdfdffddfd
16-07-08, 10:03
5-10 mins walk at most

congrats to all BT dwellers. we do need the train. planning to give up my car by then too.

Honest Walker
16-07-08, 10:11
5-10 mins walk at most
I think agents or owners should be more upright on this forum.

RT is NOT a 5-10 mins walk AT MOST. This is what the agents always say when I visit the showrooms. Usually you have to multiply it by about 2 or 3 times to get the real picture.

RT is inside away from the main road. After walking out, you still need to cross an overhead bridge over a busy UBT road. All this in the hot sun or in the rain.

I think those who want to post about timing should do so only after they have tried. And they should walk normally - not run or jog.

Unregistered 3
16-07-08, 10:27
So how long is a normal walk?

Unregistered2
16-07-08, 10:50
Well, if I am being honest, I was somewhat disappointed with the location of the station; was hoping for it to be located closer to the other end of cheong chin nam road, nearer to the Raintree. In fact, it would have been nice if the underground station was to serve as a passageway between the cheong chin nam area and the bukit timah nature reserve. However, with this announcement, I reckon we will just have to walk a wee bit further. Based on my experience thus far, we will have to walk at least 15 to 20 minutes from the Raintree to Beautyworld. I just hope there will be an underpass running across the pseudo expressway outside our house in future.

Long walk
16-07-08, 11:06
No station at Anak Bukit and Hume. It will take a long walk from RT to Beauty World station. Those betting on that would be sorely disappointed. MRT makes a huge difference in the market price of a condo. There're still some undervalued condos at Hillview though. In terms of long term potential, Hillview would be better. With MRT stations nearby, there is also better chance of plot ratio adjustment, rental yield and other developments, enbloc etc.

congrats to all BT dwellers. we do need the train. planning to give up my car by then too.

Registered
16-07-08, 11:09
I walked from RT to Beauty world at least three times a week. It does take less than 10 mins.

There are multiple overhead bridges (in fact a total of three bridges that you can choose to cross to the other side and one of whcih takes you directly into beauty World building). Unlike some condos that you have to cross a busy road by waiting for traffic light to turn green and when it does, you have to rush thru (hopefully no small kids or granny on tow and so, it could be very unhealthy to your heart) to the other side, walking from RT to beuty world is quite relaxing.

Besides, multiple entrance/exit points can be expected for MRT station these days to maximize the usuage and to enhance the valuues of land in wider areas surrounding the station. Worrying about the rapidly ageing population in Singapore, Govt is doing everything possible to promote healthy life style and there is a good possibility one of the entrance to the beauty world station is ver close to bukit timak nature reserve. At the end, the nearest entry point to the Beauty World station is most likely even closer than the beauty world building.

Speaking of Sun and Rain, unless you have your own car going and coming all the way to the underground car park of your condo, there is no way you can avoid rain and sun completely if you want to take advantage of public transportation.

I think agents or owners should be more upright on this forum.

RT is NOT a 5-10 mins walk AT MOST. This is what the agents always say when I visit the showrooms. Usually you have to multiply it by about 2 or 3 times to get the real picture.

RT is inside away from the main road. After walking out, you still need to cross an overhead bridge over a busy UBT road. All this in the hot sun or in the rain.

I think those who want to post about timing should do so only after they have tried. And they should walk normally - not run or jog.

Unregistered18
16-07-08, 14:09
No station at Anak Bukit and Hume. It will take a long walk from RT to Beauty World station. Those betting on that would be sorely disappointed. MRT makes a huge difference in the market price of a condo. There're still some undervalued condos at Hillview though. In terms of long term potential, Hillview would be better. With MRT stations nearby, there is also better chance of plot ratio adjustment, rental yield and other developments, enbloc etc.
I own a property nearby. While I will benefit from the MRT location and rentail yields, it will take some time.

However, I doubt this will have any impact on plot ratio and enbloc. We still have enough land.

analyst101
16-07-08, 14:53
Well, if I am being honest, I was somewhat disappointed with the location of the station; was hoping for it to be located closer to the other end of cheong chin nam road, nearer to the Raintree. In fact, it would have been nice if the underground station was to serve as a passageway between the cheong chin nam area and the bukit timah nature reserve. However, with this announcement, I reckon we will just have to walk a wee bit further. Based on my experience thus far, we will have to walk at least 15 to 20 minutes from the Raintree to Beautyworld. I just hope there will be an underpass running across the pseudo expressway outside our house in future.

The location is for strategic reasons. There is more of a residential population base closer to the Chun Tin side. It is also nearer to the 4 shopping centres. The Government also has land (vacant plot, public car park lot, and the former MINDS school) there, and this will almost certainly be sold to develop commercial properties.

The only odd bit now are the temples there. I don't see that they will remain there. Probably the Government will relocate them and put the land to more economically viable use. Any one from the temple boards know anything about this ??

fgf
18-07-08, 15:04
yup... sound travels upwards.. and somehow bypasses the lower floors..

hahaha. no way. the KTM train is really loud. sorry to rain on your parade. i own a unit (not at RT) that is just one block away from the track. train pass by, i can't hear my TV. that's even before the driver decides to blow his horn.

Unregistered123
19-07-08, 19:36
hahaha. no way. the KTM train is really loud. sorry to rain on your parade. i own a unit (not at RT) that is just one block away from the track. train pass by, i can't hear my TV. that's even before the driver decides to blow his horn.

Thats not true. The train is not loud. You are exaggerating...

No noise
19-07-08, 20:12
The train is infrequent (twice a day?) and not loud lah. It's better to face the KTM train than to face busy road lilke ECP or WEst Coast Highway. ECP is like constant droning noise of cars zooming past.

Thats not true. The train is not loud. You are exaggerating...

grace
24-07-08, 16:21
Emmm......... U really need 2 drive if u r stayg in Raintree........Quite a long walk fm the bus-stop.........Guess only ppl like nature will buy a unit there,went to view but no lah I would drop it off my list........

rt
24-07-08, 23:34
Emmm......... U really need 2 drive if u r stayg in Raintree........Quite a long walk fm the bus-stop.........Guess only ppl like nature will buy a unit there,went to view but no lah I would drop it off my list........

To each its own. I'm quite sure raintree owners are also car owners.

jlbc
25-07-08, 22:25
Would any RT owners be able to send me pics of RT and its surrounding? Been interested to see how it looks like after it has been completed
thanks in advance

Go see
25-07-08, 22:54
You lazy or what? Just go viewing! See the real thing. Not a convenient place though - and probably can't walk to future MRT. Lots of monkeys as well staring at you when you walk down the road a night. Can be quite intimidating.

Would any RT owners be able to send me pics of RT and its surrounding? Been interested to see how it looks like after it has been completed
thanks in advance

see again
25-07-08, 23:25
maybe he/she want to have an idea before go and see mah...monkeys yes could be very intimidating...spoilt by pple always give them food, see pple will crowd around you hoping to grab something from you...and in a troop there will always be a king(fierce and well built) that is not afraid to confront a man one to one...

Unregistered888
26-07-08, 00:51
shortie developments with no view is not worth buying. go 4 beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. If you think orchard is central, look at the map and you will realise that boon keng is more central in singapore compared to orchard or dhoby ghaut area. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!!

thanks in advance

Unregistered888
26-07-08, 00:52
what dif does it really make to be 5 min to town, 3 min to town or even living in town? shortie developments with no view is not worth buying. go 4 beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. If you think orchard is central, look at the map and you will realise that boon keng is more central in singapore compared to orchard or dhoby ghaut area. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!!

Unregisteredhahahah
26-07-08, 02:48
some people are desperate to offload their units!!!

Unregistered_ofcourse
26-07-08, 02:51

Raintree owners all have cars.... who cares how far it is to walk to MRT or bus stop?

Unregistered forever
26-07-08, 03:21
Hello,

Beacon Heights is not even built yet and it will TOP in 2012. No public launch has even been initiated yet by developer. If you are a serious buyer, this is definitely a good project to consider. I went down to see the showroom and everything was just wonderful as this project has the making of a perfect highrise condo. it is close to town but at the sametime in a quiet vicinity and accessible to all parts of singapore with the new interchange coming on before TOP. BTW I am not an agent...

some people are desperate to offload their units!!!

Unregisteredagain
26-07-08, 09:11
Hello,

Beacon Heights is not even built yet and it will TOP in 2012. No public launch has even been initiated yet by developer. If you are a serious buyer, this is definitely a good project to consider. I went down to see the showroom and everything was just wonderful as this project has the making of a perfect highrise condo. it is close to town but at the sametime in a quiet vicinity and accessible to all parts of singapore with the new interchange coming on before TOP. BTW I am not an agent...

You may not be an agent but maybe YOU are trying to sub sell yourself !!!

Anyway, this forum is for Raintree owners and buyers. YOu should be advertising somewhere else.

grace
26-07-08, 10:43
Raintree owners all have cars.... who cares how far it is to walk to MRT or bus stop?

I hve 2 think of my elderly parents & in-laws who come over every wkends..

Disbelief
26-07-08, 17:22

OMG.. this is such a snobbish statement.

Subsales
26-07-08, 20:30
Lame lah. Even if all have car, the children below 18 years old also cannot drive what. It's always good to be neat future MRT, not only for convenience but rental yield and capital appreciation. Anyway, Raintree has one of the most subsale this quarter. Can see people desperate to sell before moving in, or else value will fall after moving in.

OMG.. this is such a snobbish statement.

rain
26-07-08, 21:25
Lame lah. Even if all have car, the children below 18 years old also cannot drive what. It's always good to be neat future MRT, not only for convenience but rental yield and capital appreciation. Anyway, Raintree has one of the most subsale this quarter. Can see people desperate to sell before moving in, or else value will fall after moving in.

Just accept that fact that not everyone want to live near the mrt station. I myself would not have bought Raintree if it's near MRT.

RT Owner
27-07-08, 20:08
MRT is useful and about 10 mins stroll away. I drive but it would definitely come in handy for guests and visiting members. Yes, I know we are amidst the lush forest (which is how I like it to be), that doesn't mean RT is Ulu as it is only less than 5 mins to the busy main road served by ample bus services !

It is like the best of both worlds for me :-)

I would make a decent profit doing a sub-sale, but no, this is a rare gem I am keeping for myself.

It is not for everybody. If monkeys scare or offend you, don't bother. If the sound of silence bores you, look elsewhere. If you want high rise, there is so many new development elsewhere.

Cheers to all owners and non-owners.

Unregistered123
28-07-08, 01:55
Just accept that fact that not everyone want to live near the mrt station. I myself would not have bought Raintree if it's near MRT.

Yah lor, if you so love to live near the MRT there are so many places u can choose from, so many MRT stops near by got HDBs and ECs and Condos, take your pick from there! To name a few, can go and see Kovan Melody or Kovan Residences? MRT is just downstairs for you if it's so important.

Raintree is a place for people who don't care much for MRT because we love the lush greenery... why would we want to have MRT so that our place gets congested with people?

The more ulu it is, the more we like it.

??
28-07-08, 08:43
after reading all the messages, it is obvious that a RT owner needs to drive, likes nature, doesn't find monkeys intimidating and likes to stay in low-rise developments...um hm... isn't that a lot of pre-requisites?

RT Owner
28-07-08, 09:42
I am sure many of us who bought RT had already considered all these points before buying. Why spend money if we don't like the place or there are things bothering us.

I speak for myself. My criteria was simple :

1. Central/West
2. Relatively small developement (not too crowded)
3. Quiet (not read as ulu)

The bonus is definitely having a forest view with no traffic sound or any building or people insight.

Just yesterday, on a lazy Sunday morning, from my bed I could see some monkeys playing in the trees. It is just so amazing ! Where can we find something like this in urban Singapore?

Of course there are some things which I don't like at RT. Like the design of the buildings are a bit bland for my liking, and the small plot ratio. The thing is there are many positives and I choose to focus on them. RT is not perfect but ranks highest in my scorecard.

MRT has never been an issue altogether for me.

Finding a home lies in the heart, looking for an investment it is with the head. So to sum it all, the sovereign individual makes his or her own judgement in choosing their own preference.

May everybody here find their ideal place :-)

justsoul
28-07-08, 10:16
Hi all,

Being a Raintree owner, I admit the location is probably not the most accessible of all. However, having stayed overseas, I reckon Singaporeans are probably spoilt when it comes to the definition of accessibility. Honestly speaking, even if it takes a 10 minute walk to reach a bus stop or a 45 minute ride to reach the city, it is probably not that bad as compared to many other larger cities I have resided in. Nonetheless, I do understand if convenience is a key concern for many living in this city.

I am not sure if most of the forumers here have actually visited the Raintree location, but when I drive home everyday, I have the feeling that I am returning to a real sanctuary, a place that is detached from the outside world in a rather surreal way. Driving up Bukit Drive, with its smooth winding bendings, coupled with trees framing your drive-in, not to mention the tall sprawling raintrees that greet you at the entrance, all these add up to a really unique experience of returning home. Obviously, as one of you mentioned, the design and build quality of the project could be better, but in my opinion, it is good enough for me since the focus here has always been the external environment of the forest, rather than the condo building itself. In fact, I would think a sleek and modern looking glass facade would probably look like a sore thumb at the location.

Likewise, I had a similar experience to a previous forumer's; it was amazing to literally have monkeys playing around in the trees just 20 metres away from your apt. Obviously, there is always a danger that the monkeys may one day invade the premises of my apt, but I seriously doubt that is going to happen. Afterall, there is still a fair bit of distance between the edge of the condo complex with the trees outside. Moreover, I am sure both species can live in peace and harmony; in fact, I am probably more worried about insects, which I would rate as the biggest flaw thus far in my experience at the Raintree.

All in all, being a Raintree owner, I am sure many of you would perceive the above as my biased views towards the condo, but the purpose of my post here really is to share the truly wonderful and beautiful aspects of living amidst the natural environment that is the Raintree. Cheers to all!

Unregistered88
28-07-08, 11:02
Hi all,

Being a Raintree owner, I admit the location is probably not the most accessible of all. However, having stayed overseas, I reckon Singaporeans are probably spoilt when it comes to the definition of accessibility. Honestly speaking, even if it takes a 10 minute walk to reach a bus stop or a 45 minute ride to reach the city, it is probably not that bad as compared to many other larger cities I have resided in. Nonetheless, I do understand if convenience is a key concern for many living in this city.

I am not sure if most of the forumers here have actually visited the Raintree location, but when I drive home everyday, I have the feeling that I am returning to a real sanctuary, a place that is detached from the outside world in a rather surreal way. Driving up Bukit Drive, with its smooth winding bendings, coupled with trees framing your drive-in, not to mention the tall sprawling raintrees that greet you at the entrance, all these add up to a really unique experience of returning home. Obviously, as one of you mentioned, the design and build quality of the project could be better, but in my opinion, it is good enough for me since the focus here has always been the external environment of the forest, rather than the condo building itself. In fact, I would think a sleek and modern looking glass facade would probably look like a sore thumb at the location.

Likewise, I had a similar experience to a previous forumer's; it was amazing to literally have monkeys playing around in the trees just 20 metres away from your apt. Obviously, there is always a danger that the monkeys may one day invade the premises of my apt, but I seriously doubt that is going to happen. Afterall, there is still a fair bit of distance between the edge of the condo complex with the trees outside. Moreover, I am sure both species can live in peace and harmony; in fact, I am probably more worried about insects, which I would rate as the biggest flaw thus far in my experience at the Raintree.

All in all, being a Raintree owner, I am sure many of you would perceive the above as my biased views towards the condo, but the purpose of my post here really is to share the truly wonderful and beautiful aspects of living amidst the natural environment that is the Raintree. Cheers to all!

Monkey is not too bad. I am just curious if anyone at raintree has a close encounter with snakes in their apartments or around the development. Some years back, a snake was found in the toilet bowl of a development not far from raintree. Nature is good but sometime we may not like some of them.

ssss
28-07-08, 11:25
Monkey is not too bad. I am just curious if anyone at raintree has a close encounter with snakes in their apartments or around the development. Some years back, a snake was found in the toilet bowl of a development not far from raintree. Nature is good but sometime we may not like some of them.

the snake is proably less dangerous than the monkey

Unregistered88
28-07-08, 13:12
the snake is proably less dangerous than the monkey

We never know what type of viper is out there in the woods. It can be dangerous if you have toddler or children at home.

Unregistered888
30-07-08, 14:35
I guess you don't have to worry about Viper because fewer and fewer peoples inlcuding myself would not be able to afford it. The latest transaction posted at URA website for a pool facing unit has touched 931 psf.

At this pace, transaction price of certain units at RT should have a chance to surpass gardenVista in 2008.

We never know what type of viper is out there in the woods. It can be dangerous if you have toddler or children at home.

grace
04-08-08, 20:40
Cheers to all RT owners, I'm glad to hear that u guys are settling down happily! Yah the nature nearby is great & peaceful!

mkmm
04-08-08, 21:37
Cheers to all RT owners, I'm glad to hear that u guys are settling down happily! Yah the nature nearby is great & peaceful!
Yap....I enjoy staying here too, Nice, fresh and peaceful. Very relaxing after a long day work back home!

Rt
04-08-08, 23:15
Yap....I enjoy staying here too, Nice, fresh and peaceful. Very relaxing after a long day work back home!

Hi, there's a Winnie's Mart at Raintree. I hope teh other unit can be a beauty salon =)

get ready to burn
12-08-08, 01:35
See extract from www.salary.sg:

It’s not always so easy to make money, as the previous case studies suggested.

Slightly more than 10 years ago, a young couple bought something that almost ruined their lives financially.

It was the middle of 1996, a boom time for the stock market as well as the property market.

The couple - working professionals - were earning salaries that disqualify them for subsidised HDB housing.

Just married, they were yearning for a nice place to stay in.

They set their eyes on a 1,300 square foot condominium just north of Ang Mo Kio. The location is not very central, but the asking price was a crazy $1 million.

It was a stretch for the couple. Without huge savings, they could only afford the initial 20% downpayment and had to borrow the rest for the progress payments.

But given the rosy economy then, and the fact that they were holding well-paying jobs (making a combined $150k a year), they went ahead and bought the condo.

We all know what happened next.

The economy tanked. Asia went into financial crisis. Jobs were lost. Stock and property prices fell. Drastically.

Salaries were cut.

The couple also saw their income go down. Yet, they still had to make the mortgage repayments.

A big part of their earnings went to the bank.

They were slaves to the mortgage loan. (It’s still the case now. So they don’t save a lot.)

Worse, the condo’s value went down, almost to negative equity level, i.e. owing the bank more than the property’s worth.

Even now, when property prices are at peak levels (and maybe on the way down), the couple’s condo is still a loss-making investment. Why? Their condo is a leasehold property.

So, this unfortunate couple is “stuck” with a still-sizable bank loan, a condo that’s depreciating in value, and low savings. And they are considered high income earners…

A wrong move, and they are hit financially for a long time…

Will it happen again?

mkmm
12-08-08, 08:48
See extract from www.salary.sg:

It’s not always so easy to make money, as the previous case studies suggested.

Slightly more than 10 years ago, a young couple bought something that almost ruined their lives financially.

It was the middle of 1996, a boom time for the stock market as well as the property market.

The couple - working professionals - were earning salaries that disqualify them for subsidised HDB housing.

Just married, they were yearning for a nice place to stay in.

They set their eyes on a 1,300 square foot condominium just north of Ang Mo Kio. The location is not very central, but the asking price was a crazy $1 million.

It was a stretch for the couple. Without huge savings, they could only afford the initial 20% downpayment and had to borrow the rest for the progress payments.

But given the rosy economy then, and the fact that they were holding well-paying jobs (making a combined $150k a year), they went ahead and bought the condo.

We all know what happened next.

The economy tanked. Asia went into financial crisis. Jobs were lost. Stock and property prices fell. Drastically.

Salaries were cut.

The couple also saw their income go down. Yet, they still had to make the mortgage repayments.

A big part of their earnings went to the bank.

They were slaves to the mortgage loan. (It’s still the case now. So they don’t save a lot.)

Worse, the condo’s value went down, almost to negative equity level, i.e. owing the bank more than the property’s worth.

Even now, when property prices are at peak levels (and maybe on the way down), the couple’s condo is still a loss-making investment. Why? Their condo is a leasehold property.

So, this unfortunate couple is “stuck” with a still-sizable bank loan, a condo that’s depreciating in value, and low savings. And they are considered high income earners…

A wrong move, and they are hit financially for a long time…

Will it happen again?
haha...the moral of your story is don't buy private property, regardless is free hold or lease hold. U mean when economy tanked, free hold property do not drop???

12-08-08, 11:40
haha...the moral of your story is don't buy private property, regardless is free hold or lease hold. U mean when economy tanked, free hold property do not drop???

no lah. He means, pls don't buy private, the economy will crash.

but acherly, he desperately waiting to buy private.

he cannot buy now becourse cannot afford. no enough money, mah..

property supporter
12-08-08, 13:00
no lah. He means, pls don't buy private, the economy will crash.

but acherly, he desperately waiting to buy private.

he cannot buy now becourse cannot afford. no enough money, mah..

I think buyers out there will be totally frustrated by now as developers are not lowering their prices due to high raw material cost.

I think the Singapore property market will be on a total standstill as sellers are looking at high price and frustrated buyers have been con to believe that prices will drop to 400psf.

peterlimfangbok
18-08-08, 15:13
Hi all Raintree and non-raintree owners,

I have just move into Raintree just 2 weeks ago. I just want to share why I bought Raintree for the benefits of those are thinking of getting a place there and or to rent out and also give the naysayers something to think about. I got to know about Raintree few years ago when I passing by with a few friends going to bukit timah hill for a jog, we were discussing about the development ( nothing was build yet at the time) and some of my friends were saying things like "who will buy the development so close to nature, got monkeys, mosquitos etc" ( and the typical monkey jokes came out about; if they throw the banana skip, all the monkeys will come etc), at the time I kept everything to myself. I observe the quietness of the place, the peace it provided and my dream of living in nice development close to my family and friends. Against the grain of what my friends said, I bought the place. ( I made the decision in 3 days).

Fast forward to today; I am staying in Raintree now. do I have any regrets? Absolute not! This is Why.

1) I wake up in the morning I feel and hear the nature ( literally birds chirping at my window) around me. So peaceful.
2) The air is so fresh, with dew in the mornings and I can feel the breeze from the hills.
3)Amazingly, I see monkeys, squirrels and rare birds playing in the trees and they do not disturb me. For those that say that the monkeys are a disturbance, I can vouch for this, I have not seen any monkeys on the road into the condo since I moved in (This is weird, isn't it?) They seem to know that the place is now for human habitation and have move deeper into the jungles.
4)When I walk to take the bus, don't know why I feel peaceful, no burdens, not like when I was stay at Jurong West ( seem like so much hassle and a rush)
5) I walk out to Beauty World everyday, I can make it in 10-15 minute max and I like it (It feels like 5 minutes with such surroundings). Not a burden at all and I am on the plump side.
6)Most taxis I took, the taxi drivers told me that they would like to stay there, it give them peace just driving in...)
7) Price of the development still maintaining on the high side. ( Not that I am thinking of selling!)
8) The staff in the development are friendly and courteous ( every morning, I walk out I get a "good morning" and the security is also friendly. I can vouch not every condo is like that)
9)The MRT is a bonus for me.
10)Last but not least, I feel once I move in a lot of good blessing happened to me (I am not superstitious but its true), My wife is going to have a baby!, I got a new job, I lost 8kg, closer friendship with friend in our long walks..etc.

What is my point? The raintree holds an affinity to me, both me and my wife knew what we wanted ( We jump for joy when we moved in!), It doesn't matter what others say, we are grateful for what we have. I have been reading the forum post for a year now without replying, some posting are helpful, some are not, some just bashing the place for all its worth and some are defending the Raintree.

To me it doesn't matter.

What matters is I am staying here and I know what a gem I've got. What matters is that me and my wife is happy to make a future here and we thank God for that.

Cheers!

peterlimfangbok
19-08-08, 10:19

Hi I have done an a experiment yesterday, I walk from the guardhouse of raintree to Courts. My pace was moderate walking speed (My definition: In between leisure walk and brisk walk) and I time myself. It took approximately 9 minutes to get to Courts and 10 minutes to the food centre beside.

I guess if you are taking a leisure walk you would reach beauty world in 15 minutes tops. Hope that clears the speculation on walking time etc

Unregistered_0
24-08-08, 16:54
Hi I have done an a experiment yesterday, I walk from the guardhouse of raintree to Courts. My pace was moderate walking speed (My definition: In between leisure walk and brisk walk) and I time myself. It took approximately 9 minutes to get to Courts and 10 minutes to the food centre beside.

I guess if you are taking a leisure walk you would reach beauty world in 15 minutes tops. Hope that clears the speculation on walking time etc

Thanks for your review!

Brand New
01-09-08, 12:42

Hello RT owners,

We have just managed to get a unit at the Raintree (just paid the 1% deposit). Not sure qualify to call ourselves "owners" yet. If everything goes well, we will be there in November 08. We are at Block 43 facing the upper deck landscape. Anyone from that block? Can give some tips on the mosquitos and insects - I mean is it bad? Because we are planning our budget for reno, and if it's a problem will need to install the seals/nets whatever we call it.

Thanks.

Raintree supporter
01-09-08, 12:46
Hello RT owners,

We have just managed to get a unit at the Raintree (just paid the 1% deposit). Not sure qualify to call ourselves "owners" yet. If everything goes well, we will be there in November 08. We are at Block 43 facing the upper deck landscape. Anyone from that block? Can give some tips on the mosquitos and insects - I mean is it bad? Because we are planning our budget for reno, and if it's a problem will need to install the seals/nets whatever we call it.

Thanks.

Hi, I am staying at Raintree now. My unit is just opp. yours. Don't worry about mosqito or bugs. The biggest worry is MONKIES cos there are lots of them plying around raintree. Make sure you buy lots of banana.

ll
01-09-08, 13:34
500 psf may not be cheap for 99yr leasehold...

Brand New
01-09-08, 13:45
Hi, I am staying at Raintree now. My unit is just opp. yours. Don't worry about mosqito or bugs. The biggest worry is MONKIES cos there are lots of them plying around raintree. Make sure you buy lots of banana.

Thanks for your reply. I don't know if I get the monkies, cause I don't have any trees in front of the unit or the side of the house just the landscape garden. So I guess the mosquitoes are not a problem.

Love the whole place, couldn't wait to move in.

Unregistered_O-O
03-09-08, 00:21

You must be kidding, Raintree is now transacting >$800 psf.

Unregistered_@_@
03-09-08, 00:22
Thanks for your reply. I don't know if I get the monkies, cause I don't have any trees in front of the unit or the side of the house just the landscape garden. So I guess the mosquitoes are not a problem.

Love the whole place, couldn't wait to move in.

How much did you pay for your unit? :)

Go check.
03-09-08, 00:26
Transacted price is coming down in this condo. Go check nationproperty for latest transaction.

peterlimfangbok
03-09-08, 14:13

Don't worry lah! I have only encountered monkeys playing in the rainforest. But so far I have not seen any monkeys around or near the compound of raintree and I have stayed here for a month..

you wish
04-09-08, 00:00
Transacted price is coming down in this condo. Go check nationproperty for latest transaction.

u are obviously not in the market for property hunting.
those prices on nation property are those who bought before the condo was built when they first launch. why don't you try calling an agent and see if anyone will sell it to you at those prices.

Unregistered18
04-09-08, 17:02
those prices on nation property are those who bought before the condo was built when they first launch. why don't you try calling an agent and see if anyone will sell it to you at those prices.

The prices have plunged for Raintree. Check todays BT.

Old trick.
04-09-08, 22:33
Therein lies the problem. When low caveats are filed, agents or owners will say these are late filing of caveats as excuses. Just do your homework. This is so old trick.

Jackie
08-09-08, 17:46
This place is so inconvenient. So far in and walking in at night sounds scary to me. The train is a big problem. But the condo name quite nice.

peterlimfangbok
08-09-08, 18:06
This place is so inconvenient. So far in and walking in at night sounds scary to me. The train is a big problem. But the condo name quite nice.

Please read my thread....it takes 9 minutes to walk to courts and 10min to walk to food centre...its not that far...

Vman
08-09-08, 22:47
Hi Mr Lim, I am actually interested in the development. However, I am worried about the train noise. Will the residents be disturbed by the noise created by the trains? Thks.

Lisa
09-09-08, 08:50
Please read my thread....it takes 9 minutes to walk to courts and 10min to walk to food centre...its not that far...

10 minutes is a long time to walk esp. for elderly. At night more jialek. Still must climb overhead bridge.

Future MRT lagi further. 20 minutes walk.

Inside got shops? so anyone can go into condo and pass the swimming pool to buy things from the shops and sit down and drink, take a break by the pool or lawn, all the people who go to the hill?

choo choo train?

Unregistered18
09-09-08, 09:55
10 minutes is a long time to walk esp. for elderly. At night more jialek. Still must climb overhead bridge.

Inside got shops? so anyone can go into condo and pass the swimming pool to buy things from the shops and sit down and drink, take a break by the pool or lawn, all the people who go to the hill?

choo choo train?

I don't stay in Raintree. I have a condo nearer to the Beauty World MRT site. But there is no need to knock it. I think the price has gone down to reflect the merits of the place. It is now probably at a good price relative to its location and facilities.

peterlimfangbok
09-09-08, 10:14

choo choo train?

Hi Lisa

10 minutes is not that far...(unless we are getting too pampered:) When I was staying in HDB sometimes residents have to walk that amount of time or more. btw, 75% of heartland singaporean don't stay 5 minutes walk MRT.... If you are concern for the elderly, I suggest you can use the bus service in the condo (please check out timing from the admin office) just ask them to stop at the front entrance...so all you need to do is cross the bridge to the food centre.

btw, future underground MRT is at the road between beauty world and the foodcentre. There is a map of the MRT at beauty world shopping centre. Not that far.

The train come twice a day (I think) and you won't notice it much.

I don't understand when you say "anyone can go to the condo to buy things and sit down....all the people that go to the hill". It a condominium :doh: there are security and no unauthorise people are allow to go in.

I think as Singaporean we are getting too complacent. I have friends that drive that wouldn't even walk if the place they are going is 5 min away...maybe a little walk from "Raintree" is good training for all of us to appreciate what we have.

peterlimfangbok
09-09-08, 10:22
Hi Mr Lim, I am actually interested in the development. However, I am worried about the train noise. Will the residents be disturbed by the noise created by the trains? Thks.

Hi Vman

I am staying at blk 91 and I am at the second apt from the train track. To be frank I hardly notice the train as its not like the MRT that comes every 5min. The most I hear the train is probably twice a day (so far when I am at home) and it last from 5 to 10 seconds. So its not much bother for me.

Maybe someone staying directly facing the train track can answer this question more accurately?

vman, which block are you thinking of getting?

Unregistered45
09-09-08, 14:09
Hi Lisa

I don't understand when you say "anyone can go to the condo to buy things and sit down....all the people that go to the hill". It a condominium :doh: there are security and no unauthorise people are allow to go in.

So can outsider go in and buy things or not. If not, shops where got business? Many condos with shops inside allow outsiders to go in, buy things, or sit down and enjoy their food. Same for RT or not?

Brand New
09-09-08, 14:36
Hello Vman,

I was lucky enough to view a unit opposite the train track before putting the 1% on another unit.

I was very lucky, because just as I was viewing the unit, the train went passed. To me, it was loud, the sliding glass was opened at that time. It last 20 seconds before complete silence and according to the agent, it passes through about 8 times a day. The agent selling you the unit, should be able to tell you the frequency of the train from the earliest to the latest time of the day. I couldn't remember the details. If you're working, I guess it's ok, as you may get the train about three times a day, two times before going to bed and one time in the morning. I'm not sure about Sat and Sun schedule. If need be, check out with KTM.... If you go through the earlier threads of the forum, I think there's some details of the schedule. Yeah, I went through every page from 1-74... :) It's interesting to know what kind of people stays in the Raintree and I'm glad to know I'll be associating with them pretty soon.

You should go and view the unit yourself because at the end of the day, really depends what you want and your feel of the unit. Everyone here can give their opinion, very far, not too far, very expensive, convenient and not convenient, price will drop etc etc... But none of them can give you a HOME you can call your own and that you have to decide for yourself as everyone defines "HOME" differently.

Cheers!

peterlimfangbok
09-09-08, 18:53
So can outsider go in and buy things or not. If not, shops where got business? Many condos with shops inside allow outsiders to go in, buy things, or sit down and enjoy their food. Same for RT or not?

Hi Lisa

If you are a outsider and you are invited or you come into the condo...yes you can of course buy things from the shop. My point is most condos do not allow people or strangers to just come in just like that...if that is the case why even have security?...

I guess the shop feel its profitable as they have set up shops in other condos too.

You mention many condos allow people to buy food, sit down and enjoy etc...that is only for the residents and their friends right...not every stranger that walk in right? So far most condo I go to don't allow that...heritage View, Northvale, parc Oasis which I went will screen strangers that go in...I assume its for every condo right?

Lisa
10-09-08, 11:25
Hi Lisa

If you are a outsider and you are invited or you come into the condo...yes you can of course buy things from the shop. My point is most condos do not allow people or strangers to just come in just like that...if that is the case why even have security?...

I guess the shop feel its profitable as they have set up shops in other condos too.

You mention many condos allow people to buy food, sit down and enjoy etc...that is only for the residents and their friends right...not every stranger that walk in right? So far most condo I go to don't allow that...heritage View, Northvale, parc Oasis which I went will screen strangers that go in...I assume its for every condo right?

Mr Lim,

Thanx for your views. What I will like to know are these:

- Does RT allow outsiders (not guests) to enter by saying they want to go to the shops to buy things?

- Even if they need to be screened at security post, once they enter, what's going to stop them from buying a drink, and sit down by the pool to enjoy it?

- When they enter RT, they will walk past the swimming pool to the shops? or past the gardens to the shops?

Let me know can? Got a small girl, so afraid if she swimming or playing by the pool, and strangers go buy things from shops, got problem. Maid can miss it.

Thank you.

peterlimfangbok
10-09-08, 11:46
Mr Lim,

Thanx for your views. What I will like to know are these:

- Does RT allow outsiders (not guests) to enter by saying they want to go to the shops to buy things?

- Even if they need to be screened at security post, once they enter, what's going to stop them from buying a drink, and sit down by the pool to enjoy it?

- When they enter RT, they will walk past the swimming pool to the shops? or past the gardens to the shops?

Let me know can? Got a small girl, so afraid if she swimming or playing by the pool, and strangers go buy things from shops, got problem. Maid can miss it.

Thank you.

Hi Lisa

For Raintree there is only one shop there currently (there is space for another one). I dont know if the security actually let stranger come into the condo compound, but I guess being a small condo its easy to screen if they are not a tenant there. ( I can ask the security and reply you that question accurately).

If they are to enter, I believe no one will stop them from buying things there, but that is if they are allowed to enter in the first place.

They will walk past the swimming pool before they reach the shop. Yes, you would need to be careful if you have a small child.

I do understand that some condo, like pandan valley have a lot of shops and anyone can just enter the compound. But Raintree is a lot smaller and from my experience the security is tighter.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Vman
11-09-08, 23:37
Thanks Mr Lim and Brandnew

Guess as long as the train does not come in the middle of the night and affect my family's sleep, I think it is reasonable.

I have not viewed any unit yet cos I never thought of buying a leasehold property. However, I was instantly attracted to how serene the place is when I went for a party recently. There are pros and cons to the place and I seriously need to weigh them before making a decision.

So Brandnew, does that mean that from your current unit, you are not affected by the train noise???

Brand New
12-09-08, 09:25
I don't know if I will get the train sound. But I'm on Block 99 stack 43, which is the one facing the upper deck landscape. The sound of the train is blocked by the units facing the pool and the railway track (double protection). I would say the noise is minimal.

I went to the unit yesterday during lunch time for inspection. The surrounding is so quiet, tranquil and peaceful you can hear a pin drop! what more a train!

Happy searching!

12-09-08, 10:32
I don't know if I will get the train sound. But I'm on Block 99 stack 43, which is the one facing the upper deck landscape. The sound of the train is blocked by the units facing the pool and the railway track (double protection). I would say the noise is minimal.

I went to the unit yesterday during lunch time for inspection. The surrounding is so quiet, tranquil and peaceful you can hear a pin drop! what more a train!

Happy searching!
wait till a train zooms past.

MichaelA
17-09-08, 12:56
Not much interest in raintree - MRT so far. Bus stop so far. Monkeys so near. Mosquitoes so near. 99 years (now left less than 99 years). It will be like Le Wood but Le Wood is better located, so as time past, raintree will be forgotten. Someone posted that anybody can just walk in, walk past the swimming pool to buy things from the 2 stores there. No privacy at all.

Louise
17-09-08, 12:58
Not much interest in raintree - MRT so far. Bus stop so far. Monkeys so near. Mosquitoes so near. 99 years (now left less than 99 years). It will be like Le Wood but Le Wood is better located, so as time past, raintree will be forgotten. Someone posted that anybody can just walk in, walk past the swimming pool to buy things from the 2 stores there. No privacy at all.

Alot of condo with stalls (not stores) allow outsiders to go in. Security guards ask go where, you say to the stalls or shops, and they will let you in. If not, stalls where got earn enough?

peterlimfangbok
17-09-08, 14:07

Dear MichaelA,

Its ok. Different people have different opinions. Like I said in my post and I stay at Rain tree. No monkeys so far near the compound of Raintree, I am at the 6 floor, I have not seen a mosquito yet (other insects maybe) but not mosquitos ( isn't that surprising). Again, like what I said in my post before; the security will screen the people coming in so it is not like what your statement exaggerates " that anyone can just walk in". Mrt is 10 min walk, bus stop is around 9 min walk, It is comfortable for me. But I do wonder why does anyone want to stay so near the MRT. Isn't it noisy and crowded? Any that was my experience when I was staying in Jurong.

This is the perpetual dilemma of Singaporeans; wanting comfort and convenience and yet also exclusivity. I would think these, to a certain extent, are mutually exclusive.

In fact let steer a little bit and let me tell you a true story that increase my satisfaction of the place I am staying:

I was bringing down cartons of my old stuff yesterday night to throw away. 2 of my security guards were at my lobby downstairs. When they saw that I carrying so many things they ask if they can help. I declined as I could handle it. Then they told me that next time if I have any heavy stuff to carry. Just give them a call and they will come to my doorsteps and help me discard the items.

Hey this is service which I have not seen in any condo! Way to go Raintree security!

That is why I say that there are many positive if we want to look at it but if we want to focus on the negative we will see many faults.

To each his own.

not so simple
17-09-08, 14:26
A friend called me backed in Jan of this year to tell me he was struggling in deciding between a FH unit (11yr old condo) Vs LH unit at RT. At that time, the FH unit (also in upper bukit timah) was asking only $50 more psf than the LH unit. Luckily, I did not give him the simple advice to go for FH. But,at the end, they chose to go for the FH unit. According to the transaction records released by URA in July-August, avarage price at RT is more than 100psf higher than the FH project. Tough luck!

No worries
17-09-08, 14:43
Well, until he liquidate his unit, he's not exposed. In fact, if he bought RT in Jan, he could be already in negative territory already becos prices are falling for this condo. Looking at the price performance of older LH condos in Upper Bukit Timah or even Bukit Timah and Jurong, your fren prob made the right choice in the long term :) Raintree is new and some units are sold brand new to the buyers which fetches a premium. As it ages, it is unlikely to perform better than many of the 99LH in this vicinity.

A friend called me backed in Jan of this year to tell me he was struggling in deciding between a FH unit (11yr old condo) Vs LH unit at RT. At that time, the FH unit (also in upper bukit timah) was asking only $50 more psf than the LH unit. Luckily, I did not give him the simple advice to go for FH. But,at the end, they chose to go for the FH unit. According to the transaction records released by URA in July-August, avarage price at RT is more than 100psf higher than the FH project. Tough luck!

A-Seng
17-09-08, 14:47
I dont' care what ppl say. Pls sell your unit cheap to me, pls! I have been waiting for more than a year already. Why you still hold it and don't want to sell it cheaper to me?

I will continue to bombard you with more frightening news until you sell it cheap to me. Don't be so selfish? You got to share your profit with me. Quickly offload your unit at lower price, I want to buy now. Please!

MM
17-09-08, 14:48
I dont' care what ppl say. Pls sell your unit cheap to me, pls! I have been waiting for more than a year already. Why you still hold it and don't want to sell it cheaper to me?

I will continue to bombard you with more frightening news until you sell it cheap to me. Don't be so selfish? You got to share your profit with me. Quickly offload your unit at lower price, I want to buy now. Please!

Aiyah, how to sell it cheap to you? Our economy still keeps on growing lah. Since you are so desperate then buy lah, don't just jealous on other ppl profit. You are buying for stay, not to make profit, right?

Don't be so wicked to spread fear in this thread, it won't help. Everybody is waiting for IRs and the golden era of Singapore in the next 12 months.

You can shout until the sky drop, Singapore ppty prices will still move upward. Get real, bro!

LUV123
17-09-08, 14:52
Aiyah, how to sell it cheap to you? Our economy still keeps on growing lah. Since you are so desperate then buy lah, don't just jealous on other ppl profit. You are buying for stay, not to make profit, right?

Don't be so wicked to spread fear in this thread, it won't help. Everybody is waiting for IRs and the golden era of Singapore in the next 12 months.

You can shout until the sky drop, Singapore ppty prices will still move upward. Get real, bro!

I think his ulterior motive is not buying your house, but robbing your profit.

Be careful!

How?
17-09-08, 17:56
Where do you get the information that price are falling for this condo?
What are the latest transactions and prices?
How come the information on transaction posted at URA website showing the price are still rising for RT (quite a few condos in the vincinity are falling indeed)? Do you know something we don't? Don't mind to share?

Well, until he liquidate his unit, he's not exposed. In fact, if he bought RT in Jan, he could be already in negative territory already becos prices are falling for this condo. Looking at the price performance of older LH condos in Upper Bukit Timah or even Bukit Timah and Jurong, your fren prob made the right choice in the long term :) Raintree is new and some units are sold brand new to the buyers which fetches a premium. As it ages, it is unlikely to perform better than many of the 99LH in this vicinity.

17-09-08, 17:58
Dear MichaelA,

Its ok. Different people have different opinions... To each his own.

Mr Lim,

Is it safe for elderly or school children to walk into the condo at night and early morning? Nature creatures and traffic, like the road under the railway line - that one very narrow and must walk on the road?

Dane
17-09-08, 18:01
... bus stop is around 9 min walk.

Bus stop is 9 min walk? Wah pian eh! 5 minute still ok. 9 min???

Will fall
17-09-08, 23:00
It will fall lah as time goes by. Anyway, buying for owner occupation right? No need to everyday track prices.... If your friend bought a freehold property right? He can hold it for a long time and not worry about throwing it out when the lease gets older or desperately seeking enbloc after X years.

shout low all u want
18-09-08, 18:39
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1 1,080,000 1,313 822 Aug-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1 1,100,000 1,335 824 Aug-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1 1,080,000 1,335 809 Jul-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1 927,852 1,389 668 Jul-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1 1,000,000 1,421 704 Jul-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1 1,250,000 1,335 937 Jul-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1 1,085,000 1,335 813 Jul-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1 890,000 1,270 701 Jul-08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 1 1,050,000 1,421 739 Jul-08

These are the numbers. Some people are just too free to come here hoping that idiots will believe their words...

Mr Lim: as another owner of a Rain Tree unit... I think we should enjoy our sanctuary and let others criticise whatever they want =) who cares what they think?

Cheers!

peterlimfangbok
18-09-08, 19:08
Mr Lim,

Is it safe for elderly or school children to walk into the condo at night and early morning? Nature creatures and traffic, like the road under the railway line - that one very narrow and must walk on the road?

Honestly, I think early morning there is not much problem even if you don't walk out you can take the bus (starts at 7am), But at night I would be a little careful for elderly and children especially late night as the lights can be a little dim on the road coming in (and don't worry there is no creatures in the dark) and yes you're right the road under the railway line is quite narrow so must look out for cars before going in and out even though the traffic is minimal. My measuring stick is that I do not let my wife walk in alone after 10am. Even though it is safe anything can happen so some precautions are needed.

Thanks.

peterlimfangbok
18-09-08, 19:10
[ My measuring stick is that I do not let my wife walk in alone after 10am. Even though it is safe anything can happen so some precautions are needed.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Its 10pm..sorry