PDA

View Full Version : The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Unregistered
29-05-07, 13:54
I do agree if there are personal stuff that u guys may not wish to share.
But for things that may benefit others especially the RT owners, do share in future.
Regardless of information provided, we should be able to sieve out the genuine ones from those agents' comments.
If you're a RT owner, no harm joining the ML, won't cost you a penny :)

Unregistered
29-05-07, 16:33
Exclusive site for RT owners?
Does it mean everyone on that site must be owners?
Does it mean that every comments made will be of quality and with everyone interest in mind?
I understand that some property agents and constractors bought units at RT as well, so what is the reason to believe there will not be agents there trying to do the funny things?
The beauty of this site is that everyone are welcome to participate, but since it is an open forum, nothing can be taken for granted and everyone has to exercise judgement in assessing the information and comment posted. This is actually what makes this site great.
Property agents and constractors whom bought units at RT, they are RT owners as well, isnt it? They are welcome to join cause they are a part of RT.
As you said, this is an open forum. You can choose to join the mailing list or not, no one is forcing you. But if you choose not to join, you cant stop others from joining and you can't stop people from sharing information among themselves. So, either you join or stop bitching about it.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 17:05
Property agents and constractors whom bought units at RT, they are RT owners as well, isnt it? They are welcome to join cause they are a part of RT.
As you said, this is an open forum. You can choose to join the mailing list or not, no one is forcing you. But if you choose not to join, you cant stop others from joining and you can't stop people from sharing information among themselves. So, either you join or stop bitching about it.

That is exactly the point, join or not join, let's leave it to the individuals, but no need to promote the idea that the private RT thread must be more exclusive and comments and information made there must be more trustworthy, fair, insightful and informative than those posted in this thread. Hope you get the point by now.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 18:07
That is exactly the point, join or not join, let's leave it to the individuals, but no need to promote the idea that the private RT thread must be more exclusive and comments and information made there must be more trustworthy, fair, insightful and informative than those posted in this thread. Hope you get the point by now.

We are not promoting that the private thread is more exclusive.

Let me give you a snapshot of what goes within the little walls of the owner's group. We go into nitty gritty details like communicating processes with the developer, sourcing for contractors etc, issues pertaining purely to RT and that non-RT owners will never be interested to know. These require alot of logistical planning and it is extremely painful for the organiser to coordinate. The private group is a space for us to engage in these discussion so we do not take up space and bandwidth on this forum. And yes, information tend be more trustworthy because there are NON-RT owners within us. Sorry but we have our own interests as home owners to protect.

I am sure there are still alot of RT owners on this board whom share information and insights, therefore this forum will continue to benefit all readers, RT or non RT owners.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 18:16

Let me give you a snapshot of what goes within the little walls of the owner's group. We go into nitty gritty details like communicating processes with the developer, sourcing for contractors etc, issues pertaining purely to RT and that non-RT owners will never be interested to know. These require alot of logistical planning and it is extremely painful for the organiser to coordinate. The private group is a space for us to engage in these discussion so we do not take up space and bandwidth on this forum. And yes, information tend be more trustworthy because there are NON-RT owners within us. Sorry but we have our own interests as home owners to protect.

I am sure there are still alot of RT owners on this board whom share information and insights, therefore this forum will continue to benefit all readers, RT or non RT owners.

by the way I am not Mike.

kelvin
29-05-07, 18:48

Hey hey hey.........let this issue close here. Some of the things have been taken out of context. Yes, I am not interested those nitty gritty details. All that is asked for is for this private group to share any useful info that will benefit everyone.
BTW, i am RT owner. I am really excited with RT. Can't wait for TOP.

cheers
Kelvin.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 18:53
Hey hey hey.........let this issue close here. Some of the things have been taken out of context. Yes, I am not interested those nitty gritty details. All that is asked for is for this private group to share any useful info that will benefit everyone.
BTW, i am RT owner. I am really excited with RT. Can't wait for TOP.

cheers
Kelvin.
Everyone here is behind the screen. Everyone here can claim to be an RT owner. Even if you are a RT owner, how u expect us to know what is nitty gritty and what is useful info.

kelvin
29-05-07, 22:50
Everyone here is behind the screen. Everyone here can claim to be an RT owner. Even if you are a RT owner, how u expect us to know what is nitty gritty and what is useful info.

A case in point of a useless info is your quote above. What benefit does it bring? It is like being unable to differentiate what is right and wrong.:doh:
Does it bother you so much whether someone is real RT or fake RT owner?

Unregistered
29-05-07, 23:06
A case in point of a useless info is your quote above. What benefit does it bring? It is like being unable to differentiate what is right and wrong.:doh:
Does it bother you so much whether someone is real RT or fake RT owner?
Exactly. Now u see the point? Why in the first place do you need to bother if there is an exclusive RT group or not? Why would you go on thinking if they had some useful info that they don't want to share?

kelvin
29-05-07, 23:20
Exactly. Now u see the point? Why in the first place do you need to bother if there is an exclusive RT group or not? Why would you go on thinking if they had some useful info that they don't want to share?

In the first place, nobody knows what exactly this gp is doing. so naturally, one might ask this gp to share useful information if there is any.

no one interprets like you. don't put words in others mouth.
Why would i think that they have useful info and they don't want to share.
Which part of the statement is alluding to it?

Unregistered
29-05-07, 23:28
Once you have an "exclusive group", this group will exercise political power over the other residents. And I guess the chairman of the exclusive group is Mike? He will then have much say over the rest of the residents when it comes to matters concerning the condo maintenance and stuff.

Do all of you want that? What gives Mike the right and the power to lord it over the rest of the residents?

Wow, Raintree is not even TOP yet and there is already a power struggle.

I say: to hell with this exclusive group. Having a non-vested entity like this forum is better.

neutral
29-05-07, 23:32
I agree. I am neutral. Just want to enjoy my condo and my privacy. Don't wanna get caught up with Mike's committee or anything exclusive like that. Peace y'all. Love this forum!

Once you have an "exclusive group", this group will exercise political power over the other residents. And I guess the chairman of the exclusive group is Mike? He will then have much say over the rest of the residents when it comes to matters concerning the condo maintenance and stuff.

Do all of you want that? What gives Mike the right and the power to lord it over the rest of the residents?

Wow, Raintree is not even TOP yet and there is already a power struggle.

I say: to hell with this exclusive group. Having a non-vested entity like this forum is better.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 23:35

The assumption that only RT owners can be serious about the discussion on this thread is probably no more than just an assumption. There are times many of the topics discussed such as harmful effects from radio wave are quite general in nature and many who had knowledge in this area might have contributed in the discussion. Judging from the number of "hits" for this thread and the quality postings appeared, I can't imagine an "exclusive thread" on RT would serve everyone as well as this thread since every posting on this thread will be exposed to an incredible wide spectrum of readers, owners and others (no where to hide if you are talking nonsense). However, I believe there are those who simply feel the need to have an exclusive thred not because they don't want to share, but rather they feel more comfortable to talk about certain specific issues on RT.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 23:44
The assumption that only RT owners can be serious about the discussion on this thread is probably no more than just an assumption. There are times many of the topics discussed such as harmful effects from radio wave are quite general in nature and many who had knowledge in this area might have contributed in the discussion. Judging from the number of "hits" for this thread and the quality postings appeared, I can't imagine an "exclusive thread" on RT would serve everyone as well as this thread since every posting on this thread will be exposed to an incredible wide spectrum of readers, owners and others (no where to hide if you are talking nonsense). However, I believe there are those who simply feel the need to have an exclusive thred not because they don't want to share, but rather they feel more comfortable to talk about certain specific issues on RT.

To each his own. I considered joining then decided it wasn't for me. Not yet anyway . Can't see the benefits of joining an exclusive group right now . Perhaps after TOP , we'll see .
We all have different expectations of what a forum should be , so no point criticising either avenue . If you are a owner and don't feel the need to join , like me ,then leave them alone . Continue contributing positively here ...like practically everyone has.

kelvin
30-05-07, 00:02
Let's make RT a vibrant place to stay.
The vibrancy about condo is really "infectious" when we visited several of our friends' condo. Things are so lively and great and these things just keep your energy level up. It is never dull and boring.
So we decided to get RT.
It is an environment that u really want your kids to live in.

cheers

Unregistered
30-05-07, 00:09
My agent has recently tempted me to sell my rail facing unit for 750k. Wonder how realistic this is? Btw she has recently sold her own RT unit at a profit too, not sure what was the transacted price though...

Unregistered
30-05-07, 08:05
My agent also call me up to sell my railway facing unit at 600psf.

I think I will wait for while for the price to appreciate further.

Unregistered
30-05-07, 09:08

Hmmm, seems like many of us got calls from our agents. I also got a quote for mine, pool facing highest flr - $925k

Unregistered
30-05-07, 09:36

Agent can offer anything. Must have a buyer first.
Although there are a few interested buyers, I have not received a matching offer yet for my unit at 580psf or $736k. The closest offer is only $718k.

Unregistered
30-05-07, 09:48
Although there are a few interested buyers, I have not received a matching offer yet for my unit at 580psf or $736k. The closest offer is only $718k.
I got offer up to 593psf but I'm not selling. Not yet.

Unregistered
30-05-07, 16:22

May I ask which floor is your unit on? A friend of mine may be interested.

Unregistered
31-05-07, 03:19
To be honest, imo perhaps at current property prices, the prices agents have quoted to owners to sell their units at may not be too far fetch afterall.

Going by the typical price guage of leasehold properties valued at about 30% lower than freehold properties in the vicinity, 700k plus for 3BR is about right, given that RT is a newer project than SHII & SD?

Think its hard to believe the new prices for RT owners and potential buyers mainly because, RT was launched at such low prices, that the recent "jump" in prices of RT may seen quite incredible in comparison.

However, comparing to neighbouring developments, the current quotes for suggested selling prices are more or less in place I think. That is provided new sub-sale buyers can get over the stigma that this RT property could be bought at much lower prices just a couple of months back!

Reality is stigma or not, to get a property in this region has fortunately or unfortunately moved into this price range even for leasehold properties, whatever their previous selling price/ valuations were we have already missed it, like it or not. So either, move sights away from this area, or move on & accept current realities I suppose?!?

Unregistered
31-05-07, 08:24
To be honest, imo perhaps at current property prices, the prices agents have quoted to owners to sell their units at may not be too far fetch afterall.

Going by the typical price guage of leasehold properties valued at about 30% lower than freehold properties in the vicinity, 700k plus for 3BR is about right, given that RT is a newer project than SHII & SD?

Think its hard to believe the new prices for RT owners and potential buyers mainly because, RT was launched at such low prices, that the recent "jump" in prices of RT may seen quite incredible in comparison.

However, comparing to neighbouring developments, the current quotes for suggested selling prices are more or less in place I think. That is provided new sub-sale buyers can get over the stigma that this RT property could be bought at much lower prices just a couple of months back!

Reality is stigma or not, to get a property in this region has fortunately or unfortunately moved into this price range even for leasehold properties, whatever their previous selling price/ valuations were we have already missed it, like it or not. So either, move sights away from this area, or move on & accept current realities I suppose?!?

Not just RT only. Many other properties can be bought much cheaper 1 year ago. City square is now selling $400k above its soft launch prices. Haha.....i just missed the boat then.
However, the prices are still lower than the 1996 level.
Also as compared to HK and other cities, the prices in Singapore have a long catch up to do.

Unregistered
31-05-07, 08:25
May I ask which floor is your unit on? A friend of mine may be interested.

3rd level....

Unregistered
31-05-07, 08:57
Not just RT only. Many other properties can be bought much cheaper 1 year ago. City square is now selling $400k above its soft launch prices. Haha.....i just missed the boat then.
Also as compared to HK and other cities, the prices in Singapore have a long catch up to do.

By looking thru the ad in ST on property lately, it becomes evident that the market is in sort of chaotic state, at least for many older developments. It is common sight this day to see asking price for property shot up by a big margin in comparing to just three to four months ago, but what is really strange here is that asking price for different units in the same development could differ by as much as 150 psf (I am indeed referring to mass condo projects with average selling price less than a million). Even conisder differencees in facing and high Vs low floor scenario, this is something quite extra ordinary. By speaking to some agents, it is indeed quite clear that many owners demand to have their property listed at a very unreasonable price. In an orderly and rationale market, it is typical to list a property at or slighly above bank valuation, but many owners did not even want to know/care what the bank valuation is for their property. When I called up one agent to ask him about the bank valuation for the unit he listed, he admitted to me that it is about 150K about valuation.

I am also concerned about the argument of cheap price of property in singapore in comparison to other major city such as HK. Majority of mass condo projects (less than 1.5 million purchase price) historically will only provide you a rental yield of 4-4.5%. Since FH property is generally 25% more expensive on PSF basis, the yield could easily drop to 2.5-3%. The rental yield has significantly risen since last year, but the price of property has risen in tandem in the last few months. In fact, there is sign that rental yield has since stabilized and some units had even reduced the asking price (persumable could not find tenants after months). With this scenario developing, the rental yield for most of the property remain more or less the same as two years ago. In HK, it is rather easy to fetch 6% rental yield for mass condo project. If you agree that rental yield is the most common bench mark in the world to guage the invetment quality of a property, perhaps we should not be over optimistic to think that there is a long way to go for property in Singapore to catch up to that of HK.

ht
31-05-07, 09:30

dun be fooled by agents quoting high prices just to get the marketing rights for your property.

If the demand is there, you can sell it yourself and avert the 2%. I sold mine within a week of putting up my own ad. Save myself some good money....would rather pamper myself then feed the vultures

unless you have problems getting the price you want or selling the unit, otherwise RT is quite seller in itself. Should be able to secure 30% capital gain

Unregistered
31-05-07, 09:45
By looking thru the ad in ST on property lately, it becomes evident that the market is in sort of chaotic state, at least for many older developments. It is common sight this day to see asking price for property shot up by a big margin in comparing to just three to four months ago, but what is really strange here is that asking price for different units in the same development could differ by as much as 150 psf (I am indeed referring to mass condo projects with average selling price less than a million). Even conisder differencees in facing and high Vs low floor scenario, this is something quite extra ordinary. By speaking to some agents, it is indeed quite clear that many owners demand to have their property listed at a very unreasonable price. In an orderly and rationale market, it is typical to list a property at or slighly above bank valuation, but many owners did not even want to know/care what the bank valuation is for their property. When I called up one agent to ask him about the bank valuation for the unit he listed, he admitted to me that it is about 150K about valuation.

I am also concerned about the argument of cheap price of property in singapore in comparison to other major city such as HK. Majority of mass condo projects (less than 1.5 million purchase price) historically will only provide you a rental yield of 4-4.5%. Since FH property is generally 25% more expensive on PSF basis, the yield could easily drop to 2.5-3%. The rental yield has significantly risen since last year, but the price of property has risen in tandem in the last few months. In fact, there is sign that rental yield has since stabilized and some units had even reduced the asking price (persumable could not find tenants after months). With this scenario developing, the rental yield for most of the property remain more or less the same as two years ago. In HK, it is rather easy to fetch 6% rental yield for mass condo project. If you agree that rental yield is the most common bench mark in the world to guage the invetment quality of a property, perhaps we should not be over optimistic to think that there is a long way to go for property in Singapore to catch up to that of HK.

In Singapore, except for a few % of those expat and local talents in selected sectors, the pay package is quite low for most inclduing expats in comparing to other major city. I doubt this can be changed much without eroding the competitiveness in light of vast land human and resources that our neighbouring countries can offer. Without a robust pay package, there is no support for continued rental appreciation in the long run

Unregistered
31-05-07, 12:43
In Singapore, except for a few % of those expat and local talents in selected sectors, the pay package is quite low for most inclduing expats in comparing to other major city. I doubt this can be changed much without eroding the competitiveness in light of vast land human and resources that our neighbouring countries can offer. Without a robust pay package, there is no support for continued rental appreciation in the long run

Well, that may be true for other central districts which had risen in prices beyond recognition. But as this district had always been low in price, even with the new prices, rental potential & purchase affordability should still be sustainable. Would this even be an issue here? SH, Springdale and was sold for higher prices in the past, similar to current prices, if it was affordable then, why should it not be affordable now, purchase, rental or otherwise?

Hmm, I may be wrong, but IMO, this area wasnt even exactly targeted at expats in the first place? With small supply of rental units, those who can afford stay, those who cant can move to cheaper estates or country. Those who choose to rent out should not have much problem renting out at higher prices I think, given that most people here are buying for personal stay & not rent leading to low supply.

Unregistered
31-05-07, 21:54
Well, that may be true for other central districts which had risen in prices beyond recognition. But as this district had always been low in price, even with the new prices, rental potential & purchase affordability should still be sustainable. Would this even be an issue here? SH, Springdale and was sold for higher prices in the past, similar to current prices, if it was affordable then, why should it not be affordable now, purchase, rental or otherwise?

Hmm, I may be wrong, but IMO, this area wasnt even exactly targeted at expats in the first place? With small supply of rental units, those who can afford stay, those who cant can move to cheaper estates or country. Those who choose to rent out should not have much problem renting out at higher prices I think, given that most people here are buying for personal stay & not rent leading to low supply.

Certainly, for high end projects, it is difficult to use any kind of rationale to predict future trends as folks who can afford this sort of projects are not ordinary investors concerning about rental yields as much. In fact, the asking price for high to ultra high end projects in both HK and SInagpore have been rising steadily for the last few yrs and developers are scrambling to secure as many en bloc lands as possible in prime district as these projects can sometime bypass certain standard scrutiny in making an investment decision. However, I doubt the price of high end condo can keep climbing like HK. If you have been to HK, you would be able to tell the incredible view many of these expensive condos or villa can offer. Many places in HL offer truly spectacular views of mountain, city, sea and someimes even islands all at once which I don't think Singapore can beat that.

Unregistered
31-05-07, 23:23
3rd level....

Heard from my agent that she has just sold a rail facing unit on 4th floor for about 720k

Unregistered
31-05-07, 23:30
Heard from my agent that she has just sold a rail facing unit on 4th floor for about 720k

So if your current highest offer was for 718k for 3rd floor, that should be about right? Higher floors above 5th storey being offered 750k logically should then be within reason too I believe... that is judging from an actual sale of 4th floor and your offer from a genuine buyer for 3rd floor at 718k?

Unregistered
31-05-07, 23:41

Thanks for the good points raise! Interesting discussions here.

For RT though, I don't think there's even a need to do comparisions with HK & other cities. It is just within Singapore market itself, it has some catching up to do already. That is taking into account the list price of other development units during reasonably good times and current so called "boom" time. Which in my opinion, while it may be "boom" time for selected districts in Singapore, for district 21, it is more like "recovery" at this stage. That is judging from the price of other properties that had been capable of recovery, like Southhaven & Springdale, which had returned to its first launched price of the the past. Take 20-30% off those and we have in fact a pretty realistic idea of the value of a brand new leasehold property like RT in this locality. 700k plus plus for 3 rm would & should then seem quite reasonable, at least for now whle the property is still new!

Unregistered
31-05-07, 23:48
Certainly, for high end projects, it is difficult to use any kind of rationale to predict future trends as folks who can afford this sort of projects are not ordinary investors concerning about rental yields as much. In fact, the asking price for high to ultra high end projects in both HK and SInagpore have been rising steadily for the last few yrs and developers are scrambling to secure as many en bloc lands as possible in prime district as these projects can sometime bypass certain standard scrutiny in making an investment decision. However, I doubt the price of high end condo can keep climbing like HK. If you have been to HK, you would be able to tell the incredible view many of these expensive condos or villa can offer. Many places in HL offer truly spectacular views of mountain, city, sea and someimes even islands all at once which I don't think Singapore can beat that.

All these hype generated from the IR. There is certainly a buzz going around.
People all around the world are taking notice at this part of the world - tiny red dot. We are re-making Singapore. Sound fundamentals-politically stable, safe, booming economy, F1, IR are creating all round optimism.
Where would you park your $$? Here of course....
We may not be like HK.....but we hv our own niche. Uniquely Singapore.

Unregistered
01-06-07, 00:12
So if your current highest offer was for 718k for 3rd floor, that should be about right? Higher floors above 5th storey being offered 750k logically should then be within reason too I believe... that is judging from an actual sale of 4th floor and your offer from a genuine buyer for 3rd floor at 718k?

Number 4 is not a lucky number. No wonder the owner is quick to sell.
I will still hold at 580psf or $736k. However, i am in 2 minds.
Even at 580psf, i may still be unwilling to sell.
Comparing to Casa Merah which is selling abover 600psf to 700psf, why we do want to shortchange ourselves.

RT is a quality development and offers value for money even at 580psf.
There are many positives:
- This area can command high rental.
- At 1270sf, the unit is actually spacious.
- Near to amenities
- Near to top schools (from Primary to secondary to NUS)
- future downtown line (not too far away in 2015)
- rustic railway sound
- Fresh air
- tranquility (unlike SH, springdale, LW which is near to the road and perpetual noise)
- No bad traffic jams like those near hillviews
- Near Bukit timah hill
- Near PIE, BKE

Unregistered
01-06-07, 00:30
dun be fooled by agents quoting high prices just to get the marketing rights for your property.

If the demand is there, you can sell it yourself and avert the 2%. I sold mine within a week of putting up my own ad. Save myself some good money....would rather pamper myself then feed the vultures

unless you have problems getting the price you want or selling the unit, otherwise RT is quite seller in itself. Should be able to secure 30% capital gain

What are the admin involved when selling a private property? I heard it is more complicated.
Is it as easy as selling HDB flats? If so, i may also want to save the 2% commission fee. Not sure what the agent can value add besides marketing?

Unregistered
01-06-07, 00:43

The speculative market is still at an early stage or only a tiny bubble is formed. stock index keeps hitting new record high.
There is a general believe that the property market would breach the 1996 level.
In 1996, the HK ppl came to buy into property too due to uncertainty of the handover to china. This add on to the already huge demand and thus the buying frenzy. A mass market condo can go up to $900k to $1mil.
This time, the demand came from all over the world. So the possibility is there. But you can trust the gov to act before bubble burst.

Unregistered
01-06-07, 00:50
Thanks for the good points raise! Interesting discussions here.

For RT though, I don't think there's even a need to do comparisions with HK & other cities. It is just within Singapore market itself, it has some catching up to do already. That is taking into account the list price of other development units during reasonably good times and current so called "boom" time. Which in my opinion, while it may be "boom" time for selected districts in Singapore, for district 21, it is more like "recovery" at this stage. That is judging from the price of other properties that had been capable of recovery, like Southhaven & Springdale, which had returned to its first launched price of the the past. Take 20-30% off those and we have in fact a pretty realistic idea of the value of a brand new leasehold property like RT in this locality. 700k plus plus for 3 rm would & should then seem quite reasonable, at least for now whle the property is still new!

Upper Bukit Timah area actually have far more FH than leashold condos, thanks to the govt initiative of relocating factories in that area and property boom in the 90s. Lately, the ad in ST gave the impression that all the condos in that area have more or less back to the same price levels in the 90s. Is it real? can property prices in that area recover in just few short months? I am sure there will be units transacted at high price levels, but we shall wait till the end of the year to look at total number tranacted and average psf price before passing judgement on the actual scale of the recovery.

I am sure looking at the tranacted price of RT units would encourage many owners in that area such as sounthhaven II and springdale to ask for ever increasing price for their units since RT is only a leashold project. I hope as times go on, this uniquely Singapore phenomenon will slowly go away. Hope recent encloc deals in FH Vs leashold in similar areas will convince locals that buying property is about location. It is rather silly to pay 30% more because it is a FH property. RT stands out in terms of location and I really don't think most of the FH condos in that area share that quality.

Unregistered
01-06-07, 01:11
Upper Bukit Timah area actually have far more FH than leashold condos, thanks to the govt initiative of relocating factories in that area and property boom in the 90s. Lately, the ad in ST gave the impression that all the condos in that area have more or less back to the same price levels in the 90s. Is it real? can property prices in that area recover in just few short months? I am sure there will be units transacted at high price levels, but we shall wait till the end of the year to look at total number tranacted and average psf price before passing judgement on the actual scale of the recovery.

I am sure looking at the tranacted price of RT units would encourage many owners in that area such as sounthhaven II and springdale to ask for ever increasing price for their units since RT is only a leashold project. I hope as times go on, this uniquely Singapore phenomenon will slowly go away. Hope recent encloc deals in FH Vs leashold in similar areas will convince locals that buying property is about location. It is rather silly to pay 30% more because it is a FH property. RT stands out in terms of location and I really don't think most of the FH condos in that area share that quality.

Agree on that point on location. Personallyfeel that with RT's location to be used as condo quite a waste! Would have been an idyllic getaway commercial facilioties like spa & aesthetics treatment/ recovery centre! Not that I am complaining, being an RT owner who's greatly looking forward to its unique surrounding qualities as a home!

ht
01-06-07, 14:12
What are the admin involved when selling a private property? I heard it is more complicated.
Is it as easy as selling HDB flats? If so, i may also want to save the 2% commission fee. Not sure what the agent can value add besides marketing?

I have no experience at all, even selling HDB, but managed to do it after asking around.

I first surveyed the prices and decided on what I want to sell for (give room for negotiation), and then put up an ad to gauge the responses. Once I have some calls and ascertained that I am about to close a deal, I called the law firm that handled my RT purchase for advice. I have them handle my sale as well.

Basically, you need an offer to purchase form (the law firm can help you draft if your are letting them handle your sale), so that you can receive the 1% when you have met and agreed the price with the buyer.

You have to advise the buyer to get a solicitor to manage his/her purchase, whom will also help them to exercise the option within, typically, 2 weeks, with a payment of another 4%.

The rest the law firms of both parties will handle.

Personally, I feel that the agent is only relevant, if you have problem marketing your unit (RT?? no prob), or secure the price you want. If you think that you can do both by talking to a few people on the phone, negotiating, that is 2% savings !! :) :)

Well, it is up to you, some may still think it's too much trouble.

Unregistered
01-06-07, 16:16
I have no experience at all, even selling HDB, but managed to do it after asking around.

I first surveyed the prices and decided on what I want to sell for (give room for negotiation), and then put up an ad to gauge the responses. Once I have some calls and ascertained that I am about to close a deal, I called the law firm that handled my RT purchase for advice. I have them handle my sale as well.

Basically, you need an offer to purchase form (the law firm can help you draft if your are letting them handle your sale), so that you can receive the 1% when you have met and agreed the price with the buyer.

You have to advise the buyer to get a solicitor to manage his/her purchase, whom will also help them to exercise the option within, typically, 2 weeks, with a payment of another 4%.

The rest the law firms of both parties will handle.

Personally, I feel that the agent is only relevant, if you have problem marketing your unit (RT?? no prob), or secure the price you want. If you think that you can do both by talking to a few people on the phone, negotiating, that is 2% savings !! :) :)

Well, it is up to you, some may still think it's too much trouble.

It is similar to HDB. But I think HDB should be more reliable, cheaper and efficient.
I went thru the whole process by just signing a few templates forms and couple of hundreds $$.
Lawyers' fees nowadays are 0.4% of the selling prices?? This was the rate quoted and by the bank's recommended lawyer.

Kev
01-06-07, 17:07
Hi all,
How do u find the external paint work for RT?
I thot the color match can be better. Woody, rustic theme?
I prefer a darker color than the white on the windows frame and on surrounding unit.

Any comment??
Maybe it is not the finished article yet.
Is there a second coating?

DIY
01-06-07, 17:18
actually all you need is a template option form and a lawyer, and you can be your own agent to sell your own property.

Unregistered
01-06-07, 20:13
Hi all,
I prefer a darker color than the white on the windows frame and on surrounding unit.

Any comment??

Have not been there for a while. Any pics?

Unregistered
01-06-07, 20:54
You must be kidding me! Rustic railway sound??? More like deafening and ear-splitting!

[QUOTE=Unregistered]
- rustic railway sound

Unregistered
01-06-07, 23:12
Hi all,

Any comment??

yes , i heard it's salmon pink or something strange , haven't seen ot myself . I wish they would always go for neutral beige , cream types of colour. Let's hope its not the final colour . Anyway we can appeal to have it changed to something neutral ???

ht
01-06-07, 23:27
actually all you need is a template option form and a lawyer, and you can be your own agent to sell your own property.

spot on DIY !!

ST's money section reported substantial increase in property agents over the last few months. Good and easy money to be made.

Unregistered
02-06-07, 06:34
Have not been there for a while. Any pics?

No pic. Although it looks ok, it can be better.
Also, i thot the original color scheme is light green.

Unregistered
02-06-07, 06:35
You must be kidding me! Rustic railway sound??? More like deafening and ear-splitting!

[QUOTE=Unregistered]
- rustic railway sound

Gone in 10 seconds.

Unregistered
03-06-07, 00:38
A friend who bought a unit at ~$440psf when it was launched 2 yrs ago just sold it for $580psf.

Guess it's reasonable to say that RT has appreciated at least 30% compared to initial launch prices.

ht
03-06-07, 01:40
A friend who bought a unit at ~$440psf when it was launched 2 yrs ago just sold it for $580psf.

Guess it's reasonable to say that RT has appreciated at least 30% compared to initial launch prices.

rail facing unit? if true, he has gotten a pretty good price, i must say...

Unregistered
03-06-07, 09:28

Even though it has appreciated, it is still reasonable at 580psf for its unique environment. It may test the support at $600psf nearing TOP.
In comparison to gardenvista and casa merah, this is a bargain.
Besides the Pearl @ Mount Faber, where else can u get a development in the hill at such price?

Unregistered
03-06-07, 10:41
Even though it has appreciated, it is still reasonable at 580psf for its unique environment. It may test the support at $600psf nearing TOP.
In comparison to gardenvista and casa merah, this is a bargain.
Besides the Pearl @ Mount Faber, where else can u get a development in the hill at such price?

The last remaining units facing the pool were already sold at ~$650psf by FCL.

FYI, a unit at The Pearl@Mt Faber (also 99yr) sold for ~$1000psf recently.

Considering market demand, I wud say that nearing TOP, rail facing units can easily ask for ~$620-650psf... while the better facing ones (greenery and pool) can easily ask for $720psf upwards.

A plus point is RT will be ready latest by early next yr when a lot of the other new developments which were launched in the past yr won't hit the market till late 2009/2010. This property boom has caused a big crunch on resources. New development launched this yr wont see them ready until the "official" TOP date. You'll notice that a lot of sold out development haven't even started work yet.

Currently, there's a very high demand for new ready units.... this trend will continue into 2009/2010. Expect a big influx of foreigners nearing the opening of the 2 IRs. Also more and more MNCs are setting up shops here.

Hold on guys.... all signs say we are going higher....

Unregistered
03-06-07, 10:50
Thought I share this with you......

I was at the reserve with some expat friends yesterday. I showed them RT. They were very impressed with the location. Two of them are now renting along Bukit Timah. Paying $4K+ rent for a 3-bedder. To my surprise, they said they are most willing to pay more (one mentioned maybe $5K) for a 3-bedder in RT as they said the environment alone can command a very high premium. They really liked what they saw. So I told them that I will be most willing to rent them my unit when it's ready :) Hmmmm....

RT is surely a jewel yet to be discovered by many.

Unregistered
03-06-07, 16:15

I was at the reserve with some expat friends yesterday. I showed them RT. They were very impressed with the location. Two of them are now renting along Bukit Timah. Paying $4K+ rent for a 3-bedder. To my surprise, they said they are most willing to pay more (one mentioned maybe $5K) for a 3-bedder in RT as they said the environment alone can command a very high premium. They really liked what they saw. So I told them that I will be most willing to rent them my unit when it's ready :) Hmmmm....

As an agent, I can tell you that more and more people are wanting to buy than rent. Their argument is - if they are to pay so high rents, must as well pay towards own's home. I used to do a lot of rentals. There weren't enough supply to meet demand so it's quite frustrating for agents like me. Now am doing more buying/selling. Again, we have sellers asking for the sky. Buyers are still hoping prices will be more reasonable. So the game goes on. So you see it ain't easy making a living in this so-called property boom! :(

Unregistered
03-06-07, 18:23

I am surprised that they are willing to pay $4k+ in rent for BT area.
$3.5k-4k can get you condo places like meraprime right next to tiong bahru MRT very near to Orchard rd.
Yup.....Might as well they buy rather rent.

Unregistered
03-06-07, 18:29
I am surprised that they are willing to pay $4k+ in rent for BT area.
$3.5k-4k can get you condo places like meraprime right next to tiong bahru MRT very near to Orchard rd.
Yup.....Might as well they buy rather rent.

Different things appeal to different people. Some like to be in the centre of activities, some like quiet and peace, so a serene nature reserve would be more appealing to them...

Unregistered
03-06-07, 18:45
The last remaining units facing the pool were already sold at ~$650psf by FCL.

FYI, a unit at The Pearl@Mt Faber (also 99yr) sold for ~$1000psf recently.

Considering market demand, I wud say that nearing TOP, rail facing units can easily ask for ~$620-650psf... while the better facing ones (greenery and pool) can easily ask for $720psf upwards.

A plus point is RT will be ready latest by early next yr when a lot of the other new developments which were launched in the past yr won't hit the market till late 2009/2010. This property boom has caused a big crunch on resources. New development launched this yr wont see them ready until the "official" TOP date. You'll notice that a lot of sold out development haven't even started work yet.

Currently, there's a very high demand for new ready units.... this trend will continue into 2009/2010. Expect a big influx of foreigners nearing the opening of the 2 IRs. Also more and more MNCs are setting up shops here.

Hold on guys.... all signs say we are going higher....

How is it that the prices can reach $620-650psf nearing TOP? So optimistic??
However, I think RT is lagging behind other recent developments.
Wah......just asked about the new launch northwood which was sold out.
Prices for 3-bed room is $800k. Casa merah is also at $780k-$800k+.
Even further away in terms of location. Yishun and Tanah Merah are far north and far east respectively.

Maybe it is all about the recent advertising?? ppl are not so aware of RT.

Unregistered
03-06-07, 18:56
The difference is that Yishun and Tanah Merah condos are nearer to the HDB heartlands, where the upgraders most likely come from. Everyone knows that these upgraders will want to live near their parents (who presumable will still be living in their old HDB estates).

The Raintree in Upper Bukit Timah is not really marketed and positioned as an upgrader project, and is located not near any HDB heartland.

This could account for the lack of exposure and demand among this upgrader price segment in the market.

Unregistered
03-06-07, 19:04
Different things appeal to different people. Some like to be in the centre of activities, some like quiet and peace, so a serene nature reserve would be more appealing to them...

In addition, some would also prefer new development.
They would prefer everything new to 2nd hand and old.
So new TOP like RT, would fetch higher premium in rental in the initial years.

Seriously, having seen many rented condo, their conditions are pathetic.

Unregistered
03-06-07, 22:59
What is your favourite raintree(s)? I like raintrees on Upper Thomson Road towards Sembawang and also on ECP towards the airport. They provide shelter on the road, making the surrounding cool and majestic. Hopefully thats true for The Raintree Condo providing us with a comfortable home for all of us.

Unregistered
03-06-07, 23:15
Anyone has any idea of plans for Beauty World and empty land besides Chun Tin Road (corner of Upper Bukit Timah Road).

Unregistered
03-06-07, 23:19
The difference is that Yishun and Tanah Merah condos are nearer to the HDB heartlands, where the upgraders most likely come from. Everyone knows that these upgraders will want to live near their parents (who presumable will still be living in their old HDB estates).

The Raintree in Upper Bukit Timah is not really marketed and positioned as an upgrader project, and is located not near any HDB heartland.

This could account for the lack of exposure and demand among this upgrader price segment in the market.

I think there are more speculators than genuine heartlanders / HDB upgraders. At $800k for 3 bedrooms in Yishun, it doesn't make any economic sense. Surrounding condo and EC are easily available at $480k to $550k. So u know what would be the future prices for northwood. Limited upside but greater downside.
I believe these speculators are waiting and hoping for a repeat of 1996 where a mass market condo cost $1Mil and EC would cost $600k to $700k.

Know of people who got burn badly. know your risks and do your homework.
The only winners are the developers.

Unregistered
03-06-07, 23:35
Just a year ago, ST newspaper conducted a affordabilty survey on HDB upgraders. The level of affordability averages $500k to $550k for a condo.
At $800k, it certainly prices out most upgraders. It attracts speculators/gamblers/inexperience.

Unregistered
03-06-07, 23:42
There's a banner at Gardenvista saying... units fr $950psf onwards!
Even if you take 20% away (coz not Bkt Timah address but still within District 21)... RT should be asking for $760psf.

Unregistered
04-06-07, 10:28
There's a banner at Gardenvista saying... units fr $950psf onwards!
Even if you take 20% away (coz not Bkt Timah address but still within District 21)... RT should be asking for $760psf.

There is no comparison lah.
Gardenvista's owners probably have a lot of cash to burn.
Why would you want a development like gardenvista that is flanked by a railway, a highway with a side road below and facing a main road?

ht
04-06-07, 16:29
There is no comparison lah.
Gardenvista's owners probably have a lot of cash to burn.
Why would you want a development like gardenvista that is flanked by a railway, a highway with a side road below and facing a main road?

also, putting up a banner fo such a high price is one thing, getting suckers to pay is another....

Unregistered
05-06-07, 10:39
Hi guys, I'm sure the RT buyers will receive the developer supplied floor plan when you exercise the option. May I know if that floor plan is sufficient for a contracter to judge whether which walls can be hacked and which walls can't?

About the kitchen...does anyone dislike the RT kitchen? I have plans to convert it into dry and wet kitchen. Do you think that is feasible?

Thoughts and insights please...thanks!

Unregistered
05-06-07, 13:44
Hi guys, I'm sure the RT buyers will receive the developer supplied floor plan when you exercise the option. May I know if that floor plan is sufficient for a contracter to judge whether which walls can be hacked and which walls can't?

About the kitchen...does anyone dislike the RT kitchen? I have plans to convert it into dry and wet kitchen. Do you think that is feasible?

Thoughts and insights please...thanks!

Why buy a coat and then cut into cheong sum later?
Original RT is good for me.
Wall, kitchen can hack but not structure eg. pillar and adjoining wall.
Your contractor should be able to advise. Preferably assess it on site.

Unregistered
05-06-07, 16:23
Another question: I heard that walls cannot be hacked until legal completion of a condo. Is this true?

Unregistered
06-06-07, 06:53
mybank is charging $500 for my loan conversion, i tot normally they waive the conversion fee. any of you encountering the same with your bank?

Unregistered
06-06-07, 09:36
mybank is charging $500 for my loan conversion, i tot normally they waive the conversion fee. any of you encountering the same with your bank?

maybank or your bank?

for maybank, i think the choice of loan conversion upon TOP is free (1 time only).....

Unregistered
06-06-07, 09:49
maybank or your bank?

for maybank, i think the choice of loan conversion upon TOP is free (1 time only).....

typo..Maybank...the RM told me free loan conversion only applicable for deferred scheme. r you with Maybank? do you have that in your offer letter?

Unregistered
06-06-07, 12:11
typo..Maybank...the RM told me free loan conversion only applicable for deferred scheme. r you with Maybank? do you have that in your offer letter?

yes i took the variable loan with maybank two months ago and on deferred scheme. i can do a loan conversion upon TOP.

Unregistered
06-06-07, 13:47
when negotiating your loan, you can try to negotiate for a free conversion after top. ensure it is written in black and white.

Unregistered
08-06-07, 23:13
I just walked away from selling my unit today. Buyer offered $680psf for my unit facing the greenery. That's 40% profit! Oh well... went to the site yesterday and felt it is worth more than that.

Gardenvista is now asking over $1000psf. Lets hope I can let go at $800psf :)

Unregistered
09-06-07, 00:54
Definately worth holding if you are not in a hurry to sell off. Your value will increase when nearing TOP when your place is available for viewing.

Unregistered
09-06-07, 12:48
Definately worth holding if you are not in a hurry to sell off. Your value will increase when nearing TOP when your place is available for viewing.

But the question is will you be able to buy as ideal a home to live in once you have sold yours ?

Unregistered
09-06-07, 13:02
At today's market price, there is very little option to purchase a home with value equitable to the RT in terms of pricing and location. I believed the above statement holds true if RT is your additional property. I myself holds 2 other private properties and is very reluctant to let go of the RT as this is a heavenly find for me, after working in london for a couple of years. The rest of the two places will have to be rented out. RT is a place either you hate it or love it deeply.

Unregistered
09-06-07, 22:47
Am looking for a 3-bedroom unit facing the greenery. Preferably high floor. Do let me know if you intend to sell. Thanks.

Unregistered
09-06-07, 22:59
At today's market price, there is very little option to purchase a home with value equitable to the RT in terms of pricing and location. I believed the above statement holds true if RT is your additional property. I myself holds 2 other private properties and is very reluctant to let go of the RT as this is a heavenly find for me, after working in london for a couple of years. The rest of the two places will have to be rented out. RT is a place either you hate it or love it deeply.

Honestly, I cannot imagine how one can hate the place with its surroundings. :)

Unregistered
10-06-07, 08:57
Am looking for a 3-bedroom unit facing the greenery. Preferably high floor. Do let me know if you intend to sell. Thanks.

3 bedroom 1,270 sqft / railway facing / top floor / wld let go for immediate sales at $ 860,000 / mobile: 81243340

Unregistered
10-06-07, 09:45
Honestly, I cannot imagine how one can hate the place with its surroundings. :)

If one day RT is infested with pests and monkeys are crawling everywhere, moulds are growing everywhere due to humidity associated with the rain forest surrounding, I can imagine some of us will start to .....

Let's do our best to make sure the management committee at RT will do their job professionally and has a long range managemnet plan to keep RT a place that every residents will be proud of in years to come...

Unregistered
10-06-07, 09:51
3 bedroom 1,270 sqft / railway facing / top floor / wld let go for immediate sales at $ 860,000 / mobile: 81243340

I was at the site yesterday and noticed that work are underway that bushes are being clearing away along the rail track, including the land right opp southhaven and springdale. RT is supposed to be completely surrounded by bushes and trees and if they are clearing off the bushes at the rail side, the rail fcaing units will be facing southhaven and rail directly and I don't think this is good news for RT, esp the rail-facing unit. Besides, the price you asked is even higher than some pool fcaing unit and I think it seems high to me.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 10:18
I was at the site yesterday and noticed that work are underway that bushes are being clearing away along the rail track, including the land right opp southhaven and springdale. RT is supposed to be completely surrounded by bushes and trees and if they are clearing off the bushes at the rail side, the rail fcaing units will be facing southhaven and rail directly and I don't think this is good news for RT, esp the rail-facing unit. Besides, the price you asked is even higher than some pool fcaing unit and I think it seems high to me.

Well noted and appreciate yr remarks. Bear in mind though that hill/forest facing units are exposed to high humidity esp during rainy season and pool facing units are exposed to a high noise level from the pool echoed from the surrounding blocks. That's why I made up my mind for a railway facing unit which at the end I consider to be more tranquil. Think about it.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 10:25
One thing to note that this is a nature reserve land and the developer is obligated by the govt to plant back/landscape the areas which they have demolished as a result of construction works for the boundaries which is not part of RT.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 10:29
Well noted and appreciate yr remarks. Bear in mind though that hill/forest facing units are exposed to high humidity esp during rainy season and pool facing units are exposed to a high noise level from the pool echoed from the surrounding blocks. That's why I made up my mind for a railway facing unit which at the end I consider to be more tranquil. Think about it.

I have been living at four different condos, incluing two where more than 30% residents are expats, in the last 20yrs and I can tell you that it is a msiconception that pool facing units are nosiy. For the first few months may be the pool will have relatively high utilization rate. There after, most of the times I am wondering how come even Sundays, the utilization rate for the pool is low (less than 5 hrs in the entire day where you will see peoples in the pool).

If you like rail facing, you got yourself a very good deal since developer pricing the railing unoits 80psf below the pool facing units. Hope you can find buyers who are crazy about your unit and don't mind to pay more than the pool facing unit

Unregistered
10-06-07, 10:38
I have been living at four different condos, incluing two where more than 30% residents are expats, in the last 20yrs and I can tell you that it is a msiconception that pool facing units are nosiy. For the first few months may be the pool will have relatively high utilization rate. There after, most of the times I am wondering how come even Sundays, the utilization rate for the pool is low (less than 5 hrs in the entire day where you will see peoples in the pool).

If you like rail facing, you got yourself a very good deal since developer pricing the railing unoits 80psf below the pool facing units. Hope you can find buyers who are crazy about your unit and don't mind to pay more than the pool facing unit

peoples at the pool is not necessarily a problem, only yound children or bitrthday party for small kids may generate noise by the pools. My experience is that these are actually quite rare events at the pool. It happens less than 10 times per year perhaps.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 10:44
One thing to note that this is a nature reserve land and the developer is obligated by the govt to plant back/landscape the areas which they have demolished as a result of construction works for the boundaries which is not part of RT.

The bushes by the rail are always there and why would they want to clear it away now?

I think it may be for security and safety reason for residents. As the area becomes even more populated when RT is TOP, it may not be safe if there are many bushes around.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 11:00

Am not looking at the units facing the rail.
Only interested in the side ones... Blocks 93, 95 and 97.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 11:06

Not sure what kinda dev you lived in before but....at RT, the pool is surrounded by all the blocks (relatively high). If you have been to the site, you will have this feeling that the whole development will be looking down at you when you are in your trunks :) The echo may be intolerable.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 11:20
Not sure what kinda dev you lived in before but....at RT, the pool is surrounded by all the blocks (relatively high). If you have been to the site, you will have this feeling that the whole development will be looking down at you when you are in your trunks :) The echo may be intolerable.

RT is certainly at higher density than other condos that I lived in before, but as you know pool facing units everywhere (not just Singapore) can command higher premium, you can be certain that you will not be able to find a condo in this world you will have no one looking at you while you are at the pools because developers need to maximize as many pool facing units as possible.

ht
10-06-07, 11:24

:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

Am I out of touch? or have RT rail facing units just shot up the roof !!

I thot I just read a week ago that 1 was sold for $720K. $140K in 1 week !!

This will make all the RT owners here really happy.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 11:41
RT is certainly at higher density than other condos that I lived in before, but as you know pool facing units everywhere (not just Singapore) can command higher premium, you can be certain that you will not be able to find a condo in this world you will have no one looking at you while you are at the pools because developers need to maximize as many pool facing units as possible.

I agree that most dev priced the pool facing units higher than other facing....for the reason that the other facings hv no view.

However, for RT... the selling point is the reserve... the greenery. Hence units facing the forest should be priced higher. I think FCL has miscalculated :)

Give you another example.... Balmoral area. Units facing Goodwood Hill greenery are priced much higher than those units facing the pool with another block/dev coming up in front. There's a premium for privacy.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 11:47
:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

Am I out of touch? or have RT rail facing units just shot up the roof !!

I thot I just read a week ago that 1 was sold for $720K. $140K in 1 week !!

This will make all the RT owners here really happy.

Forget about asking price, it means absolutely nothing. I was warned by a seasoned international investor in propoerty to be careful even with transacted price in a chaotic market as syndicates are start operating in this sort of environment. The syndicates would have the mean to sell/buy at the same time to just convince panic or inexperienced buyers that price has gone up substanially to just get them to take the bite.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 12:08
I agree that most dev priced the pool facing units higher than other facing....for the reason that the other facings hv no view.

However, for RT... the selling point is the reserve... the greenery. Hence units facing the forest should be priced higher. I think FCL has miscalculated :)

Give you another example.... Balmoral area. Units facing Goodwood Hill greenery are priced much higher than those units facing the pool with another block/dev coming up in front. There's a premium for privacy.

Do you want to face the nature at night where everything is pitch blac and the only living things known how to operate in this environment are assortment of insects. During the days, you will be greeted by staedy stream of cyclists passing by your living rooms. At the end, I agree with you that your rail or nature facing units will be in high demand and peoples are willing to pay a premium to get it. Until then, please don't be so confidence that you are smarter than developer and others who bought pool facing units.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 12:40
Do you want to face the nature at night where everything is pitch blac and the only living things known how to operate in this environment are assortment of insects. During the days, you will be greeted by staedy stream of cyclists passing by your living rooms. At the end, I agree with you that your rail or nature facing units will be in high demand and peoples are willing to pay a premium to get it. Until then, please don't be so confidence that you are smarter than developer and others who bought pool facing units.

FYI I work for a developer. Probably a smarter one than FCL :) Well, at least we made loads of money... more than them too.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 18:24
I am not an owner of RT yet but was just at the site earlier. Honestly, I don't find the units facing the rail track appealing. You can see Southaven in the front and when I was there earlier, a train went by... it was pretty noisy.

After surveying the whole development. I must say the best blocks are the ones facing the forest... away from the rail and cycling tracks.

Anyone, wanting to sell, let me know please. Thanks.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 19:56
There were a few groups with agents looking at RT this weekend.
Guess we will see more secondary transactions leading up to TOP.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 23:10
FYI I work for a developer. Probably a smarter one than FCL :) Well, at least we made loads of money... more than them too.

I guess you may have something interesting to tell us if you work for FCL and have been involved in the RT project.

who would care if your company made more money than FCL or not. Hope you understand by now that this is a forum for sincere and serious discussion on matters related to RT.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 23:18
Am not looking at the units facing the rail.
Only interested in the side ones... Blocks 93, 95 and 97.
I'm selling my unit at 97. If keen, pls msg me. Thanks.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 23:36

Stack 37/38? Which floor? How much are you asking?

Unregistered
10-06-07, 23:52
Stack 37/38? Which floor? How much are you asking?
Is it convenient to leave your email add or hp? I'll get in touch with you. Thanks.

Unregistered
11-06-07, 08:31
It seems that lots of agents are lurking here in the forum thread!

Unregistered
11-06-07, 10:36
It seems that lots of agents are lurking here in the forum thread!

good sign. no agent means bad project.
the more the merrier. :)

Unregistered
11-06-07, 14:49
Is it convenient to leave your email add or hp? I'll get in touch with you. Thanks.

You may contact me at [email protected]

Unregistered
11-06-07, 15:02

Is this the block (blcok 97) right above the waste station for RT (right by the car park entrance?) ? Thanks

Unregistered
11-06-07, 17:39
Is this the block (blcok 97) right above the waste station for RT (right by the car park entrance?) ? Thanks

Block 97 is the end block. Surrounded by greenery on two sides. Not what you have described.

Unregistered
11-06-07, 20:04

Yes, the waste station for RT is right below block 97, on the right side of the car park entrance.

In many condos, waste stations could be quite far away from any block or units. Unfortunately, RT is quite high density condo and the waste station has no where no go.

Unregistered
11-06-07, 21:58
Yes, the waste station for RT is right below block 97, on the right side of the car park entrance.

In many condos, waste stations could be quite far away from any block or units. Unfortunately, RT is quite high density condo and the waste station has no where no go.

The block which houses the carpark entrance is Blk 99 though?

Unregistered
11-06-07, 22:44
The block which houses the carpark entrance is Blk 99 though?

Block 99 is the block where the recent showflat is located.
The guard house will be situated in-between blcok 99 and 97, but all cars will need to go under block 97 (not 99) to enter the car park.

jrdl
11-06-07, 22:53
Blk 81 unit 04 is where the last showflat is located. Guard house is situated between Blk 99 and 81.

Unregistered
11-06-07, 23:13
Blk 81 unit 04 is where the last showflat is located. Guard house is situated between Blk 99 and 81.

my apology,
you are absolutely right, I was reading a xerox copy of the site and got confused, block 99 is where the car park entrance is situated

Unregistered
12-06-07, 19:41
How much will a 3-bedder, high floor (8th & above), rail-facing unit cost now?

Unregistered
12-06-07, 21:24

Market rate is $759k.

ht
12-06-07, 21:30
Market rate is $759k.

I think this is about right, not the $860K quoted earlier....

Unregistered
12-06-07, 21:32
Any latest news on the TOP?

Would the RT facilities like the pool be ready when TOP?
Kovan Melody's facilities were not ready during TOP.
Is it a norm for other condo?

Unregistered
12-06-07, 21:41

Around $600 psf

Unregistered
12-06-07, 21:45
Any latest news on the TOP?

Would the RT facilities like the pool be ready when TOP?
Kovan Melody's facilities were not ready during TOP.
Is it a norm for other condo?

Looking at the progress, I don't think it would be a problem moving in by 1st quarter 2008.

Normally, all the facilities should be ready by the time the keys are handed over.

Unregistered
12-06-07, 22:05
Around $600 psf

Some are asking ~$620-650psf.

Unregistered
12-06-07, 22:11
Though this is unrelated to RT, thought it may interest you....

JARDIN ( Bukit Timah Road ) Singapore

Located Address : Bukit Timah Road ( Next to Gardenvista )
Total Units : 140 ( 90 units Sky House, 50 units Single Storey Apartment )
Asking Price PSF : S$1,400.00
No. Storey : 10
No. Tower : 2
Expected TOP : 2nd Q 2011
Tenure : Freehold
Site Area : 80,530.00 sq.ft.
Architect : DP Architect

Unit Size : 1 bedroom - 777sq.ft. (approx.)
2+Study - 900 - 1000sq.ft. (approx.)
3 bedroom - 1200sq.ft. (approx.)
4 bedroom - 1584sq.ft. (approx.)
Loft Unit - 800 - 1600sq.ft. (approx.)
PH - 1900sq.ft. (approx.)

ht
12-06-07, 22:11
Some are asking ~$620-650psf.

just like GV asking for the sky, looking for suckers...

unless it is non rail facing, more bargaining power.

Unregistered
12-06-07, 22:14
just like GV asking for the sky, looking for suckers...

unless it is non rail facing, more bargaining power.

I beg to differ....
GV now asking for over $1000psf.
These are only 600+ psf.
Which offer better value? You decide....

ht
12-06-07, 22:21
I beg to differ....
GV now asking for over $1000psf.
These are only 600+ psf.
Which offer better value? You decide....

well, I wish you are right.... I do think that the RT has more value than what it is commanding right now.

Unregistered
12-06-07, 22:31
well, I wish you are right.... I do think that the RT has more value than what it is commanding right now.

I bought it to stay. So even if it goes up to $1000psf, doubt I will sell.
If I do, will still need to buy back something unless am planning to rent.
With rents going up, not a good idea too. So, will just enjoy my stay at RT :)

Unregistered
12-06-07, 22:41
Hi have a 3BR unit 1324sf in blk 97 unit 36 mid floor. Looking at 900k. Any interest?

Unregistered
13-06-07, 10:15
Hi have a 3BR unit 1324sf in blk 97 unit 36 mid floor. Looking at 900k. Any interest?

I thought same unit, but at high floor is only asking for 870K. Are you pricing yourself out of market?

Unregistered
13-06-07, 10:37
Well actually mine is a high floor unit if we consider that there are only 7 floors in that stack. Caveat lodged already achieved 660 psf so I am quite sure we will see 700 psf in the next two months. in that context, priced to sell.

Unregistered
13-06-07, 12:27
Well actually mine is a high floor unit if we consider that there are only 7 floors in that stack. Caveat lodged already achieved 660 psf so I am quite sure we will see 700 psf in the next two months. in that context, priced to sell.

Easily $750-800psf by TOP. Mark my word!

Unregistered
13-06-07, 12:37

By then, wondering how much GV will be selling at?
1200 psf? I guess you can always ask, if get lucky, you may find a buyer

Unregistered
13-06-07, 14:08
By then, wondering how much GV will be selling at?
1200 psf? I guess you can always ask, if get lucky, you may find a buyer

Cascadia (next to Nexus/Maplewoods) is launching around $1300psf.

Unregistered
13-06-07, 14:44
Maplewoods & King Albert Park. Both over 10 yrs old. Now transacting over $1000psf. Mad!

Unregistered
13-06-07, 22:00

Based on what???
Dun try to hype up the prices.
It would be within $600-$700psf only. $800psf ??? lol

Unregistered
13-06-07, 22:02
Hi, have been following this thread for some time now and also visited the site. Really impressed with the location. Am interested in a ground floor, 3BR unit. Anyone can advise how much does one cost now and if there are any listing in the market?

Unregistered
13-06-07, 22:05
Maplewoods & King Albert Park. Both over 10 yrs old. Now transacting over $1000psf. Mad!

Maplewood is a quality project and near top schools.
People would pay top dollars for it.

RT offers different things and is value for money.

Unregistered
13-06-07, 22:43
Based on what???

Last trans at RT already at $660psf.
Over $700psf is a matter of time....
Lets see has the last laugh dude!

Unregistered
13-06-07, 22:44
Based on what???

Lets see who has the last laugh dude!

Unregistered
13-06-07, 22:44
Maplewood is a quality project and near top schools.
People would pay top dollars for it.

RT offers different things and is value for money.

King Albert Park? Also another quality proj?

Unregistered
14-06-07, 00:16
Lets see has the last laugh dude!

The last three units sold by developer at 660-670 psf were all 1335 3+1 low floor pool facing units. Since then, in the subsale market, the 3+1 (1335 psf) unit actually has trouble beating the bench mark price set by developer. I think buyers are very cautious and knowing that most owners pay only about 500 psf for these units and counting on owners will let go at 630-650 psf for a decent profit. Other size units did not go higher than 620 psf in subsale market. In fact, for the rail facing unit, you can get one at 560-580 psf.

Unregistered
14-06-07, 14:39
The last three units sold by developer at 660-670 psf were all 1335 3+1 low floor pool facing units. Since then, in the subsale market, the 3+1 (1335 psf) unit actually has trouble beating the bench mark price set by developer. I think buyers are very cautious and knowing that most owners pay only about 500 psf for these units and counting on owners will let go at 630-650 psf for a decent profit. Other size units did not go higher than 620 psf in subsale market. In fact, for the rail facing unit, you can get one at 560-580 psf.

True & logical analysis.

"I think buyers are very cautious and knowing that most owners pay only about 500 psf for these units and counting on owners will let go at 630-650 psf for a decent profit"

IMHO however, we will need to perhaps what follows this phenomenon.It would only be a matter of time (unless the market crashes) before these "cautious buyers" realised that they are priced out of the market. In this vicinity anyways, perhaps the better "caution" may be to grab a unit at this price point than to wait (lest the rising cost of purchase of the surroundings pushes RT owners' expectations up higher) if this development suits their budget & lifestyle that is. B'cos the truth is I do believe that most RT buyers bought because this place truly appeals to them and they wont mind staying in it.

The seemingly eagerness to sell their unit could logically be due to positive market sentiments tempting them to part with their unit should the price be right.

Most things can be bought at a price, even something that one loves may be given up to another should the price be right. Its cynical and perhaps sweeping statement, but imho I do believe this is the reality.

So unless the owners stop liking their unit, lower price points may not tempt them to sell, hence limiting the availability of units at the price point that is deemed "reasonable" by current buyers. Would the price move up by TOP?? The million dollar question still depends on market forces and the demand for it. With limited sellers willing to sell at lower prices and sufficient demand for the unit, I'd say why not?!? Buyers would eventually have to come with terms that the overall property, market has gone up and accept the new benchmarked prices of RT, weighing against other developments.

I believe that at worse, buyers dont bite. Then RT price would stay where it is now, on the premise that most owners would be unwilling to release their units which they personally desire at a lower price than what they think its worth.

We can only wait and see!

Unregistered
14-06-07, 14:50

If the owners' compelling reason that led them to purchase RT was to make a profit, then it may perhaps be true that they would let go at 630-650 for decent profit (minus opportunity cost of investment, lawyer fees, stamp, bank interest charges serviced thus far and penalty). But if the owners' push factor for purchase was cos they love the development and originally intended it for homestay...hmmm tough choice!

Unregistered
14-06-07, 15:11
If the owners' compelling reason that led them to purchase RT was to make a profit, then it may perhaps be true that they would let go at 630-650 for decent profit (minus opportunity cost of investment, lawyer fees, stamp, bank interest charges serviced thus far and penalty). But if the owners' push factor for purchase was cos they love the development and originally intended it for homestay...hmmm tough choice!

over time, more will learn that the property market today is DIFFERENT from 2 years ago. if RT was launched today, what do you think they will be selling at? definitely NOT $500+psf. once buyers hv accepted that there has been a structural change to the property market, RT will have no problem reaching $800psf.... maybe not in the next few months but just a matter of time. not an impossibility.

Unregistered
14-06-07, 15:19
Heard that Hong Leong gardens at west coast is launching at $900psf. Wow!

Unregistered
14-06-07, 15:34
Heard that Hong Leong gardens at west coast is launching at $900psf. Wow!

New benchmarks everywhere!

Unregistered
14-06-07, 15:39
can you imagine the asking price of Gillman Heights? At least $1500psf.

Unregistered
14-06-07, 16:29
can you imagine the asking price of Gillman Heights? At least $1500psf.

HPL is invloved in this project so I don't expect them selling below $1K psf. Should set a new benchmark for 99yr in that area.

ht
14-06-07, 17:59

I would say this is a pretty accurate assesment of the current market sentiments for RT.

You must have done quite abit of homework :expert: :expert:

Unregistered
15-06-07, 18:18
I would say this is a pretty accurate assesment of the current market sentiments for RT.

You must have done quite abit of homework :expert: :expert:

Raintree price will go pass $700-$800 psf. The price can only go upward as TOP is drawing nearer. Gardenvista has already got pass $1,000 psf. For raintree owners who let go at $650 psf or below, they were indeed too hasty in action.

Unregistered
15-06-07, 22:03
Raintree price will go pass $700-$800 psf. The price can only go upward as TOP is drawing nearer. Gardenvista has already got pass $1,000 psf. For raintree owners who let go at $650 psf or below, they were indeed too hasty in action.

At current prices, I would think that these are reasonable.
For RT to go beyond $700psf you would need to be in a crazy market like in 1996.
Will it happen? I think unlikely.

Unregistered
15-06-07, 22:08

Kovan melody also TOP 3-4mths back. The prices also did not go skyhigh. The prices went up a bit during TOP but that was in tandem with overall property market up trend.

DRSG
15-06-07, 22:17
:D Kovan Melody sounds bengish.

Unregistered
15-06-07, 22:31
Any insider news on the latest downtown line?
Where would it located be for the BT station?

My guess would be the empty plot of land beside SH.
Rationale is that I would rather dig a tunnel under unpopulated areas (reserve areas) as much as possible, than under residential areas (along courts).

Just my guess.

Unregistered
15-06-07, 23:11
Kovan melody also TOP 3-4mths back. The prices also did not go skyhigh. The prices went up a bit during TOP but that was in tandem with overall property market up trend.

Kovan Melody is full of speculators. Even though TOP a few months already, in the evening/night when you drive past, the whole place is dark. Only a few units occupied.

Unregistered
16-06-07, 00:59
The location of Kovan Melody cant be compared with Raintree. Kovan Melody is a mass market project in a fringe location. Raintree is a mid market project in a prime location and few speculators.

Unregistered
16-06-07, 01:05
At current prices, I would think that these are reasonable.
For RT to go beyond $700psf you would need to be in a crazy market like in 1996.
Will it happen? I think unlikely.
Why unlikely? It's already transacting not far from $700 psf and still more than half a year from TOP. There's still plenty of room to climb. Look at Gardenvista, the jump in price increase has been even greater since TOP. Therefore, Raintree's price increase is nothing as compared to gardenvista.

Unregistered
16-06-07, 01:06
Kovan Melody is full of speculators. Even though TOP a few months already, in the evening/night when you drive past, the whole place is dark. Only a few units occupied.
Kovan melody's location sucks bug time lah....

ht
16-06-07, 18:14
The location of Kovan Melody cant be compared with Raintree. Kovan Melody is a mass market project in a fringe location. Raintree is a mid market project in a prime location and few speculators.

Actually, RT is also a mass market project..

Unregistered
16-06-07, 18:47
Kovan melody's location sucks bug time lah....
Please do not compare others project when you are not owing one. Every project have their pros and cons.

Unregistered
16-06-07, 19:47
If RT is to be launched today, it would have a very different concept. I think they will at least put in roof gardens... what a waste! But of course, do expect to pay more too. You pay for what you get at that time. :)

Unregistered
17-06-07, 09:01
Actually, RT is also a mass market project..

The definition of mass condo project up to last year is anything below 800 psf, by this year, it becomes anything below 1000 psf, and by 2010, who knows, it may be back to anything below 800 psf again...

Unregistered
17-06-07, 09:09
Why unlikely? It's already transacting not far from $700 psf and still more than half a year from TOP. There's still plenty of room to climb. Look at Gardenvista, the jump in price increase has been even greater since TOP. Therefore, Raintree's price increase is nothing as compared to gardenvista.

I think Gove policy is that mass condo projects should remain mass condo projects which should be afforable for middle class. I guess Govt also understands the plight of middle class that their average family income is quite modest in comparing to middle class in major international cities.

As to prime districts, if developers and investors keep pushing things higher and if there is a collapse in prices, it probably hurt mainly folks who has money to burnt anyway.

Unregistered
17-06-07, 09:18
Garden vista area is not the same as RT. Garden vista is more prime and near to BT plaza. RT is further down the road.

Unregistered
17-06-07, 09:45
Garden vista area is not the same as RT. Garden vista is alittle more prime and near to BT plaza. RT is further down the road.
It's true that Gardenvista is of more prime location than raintree. But the price at $1,000 is way beyond too far apart from yet-to reach $700 psf Raintree. So I think Raintree is still "underpriced" in the market.... way to go man...

Unregistered
17-06-07, 10:08
It's true that Gardenvista is of more prime location than raintree. But the price at $1,000 is way beyond too far apart from yet-to reach $700 psf Raintree. So I think Raintree is still "underpriced" in the market.... way to go man...

Yup, RT prices still have some way to go but would be limited.
Also, u cannot compare RT with GV, RT is more unique.
As highlighted earlier, GV is flanked by a Main road in front, ultra-close railway at the back, and with a highway and side road on its right.
Would you like to live in GV? Got windows but cannot open due to air and noise pollution. must be miserable being enclosed.

The choice between RT and GV is very clear.

Unregistered
17-06-07, 11:02
Looking at the classified section in ST today, looks like the 3-beds facing rail track are now asking above $620psf.

Unregistered
17-06-07, 11:10
Looking at the classified section in ST today, looks like the 3-beds facing rail track are now asking above $620psf.

Yes, you can't get anything below $600 now. Even the crappiest unit will go for $600+.

Unregistered
17-06-07, 17:05
I have a few buyers interested in units facing the greenery at Blocks 93, 95 and 97. Prefer high floors. Willing to pay high price (> $670 psf) for the right unit. If you are interested to sell please leave your contact here. Thanks.

Unregistered
17-06-07, 18:49
I have a few buyers interested in units facing the greenery at Blocks 93, 95 and 97. Prefer high floors. Willing to pay high price (> $670 psf) for the right unit. If you are interested to sell please leave your contact here. Thanks.
What's your contact?

Unregistered
17-06-07, 19:30
What's your contact?

Email to [email protected]

Unregistered
17-06-07, 20:01
I was on site today with an agent. He showed me a unit facing the rail track. Was not impressed with it at all. I can see Southaven in the front. Also, the railtrack was in sight.... meaning when the train passes, am sure to hear it. May I know why is the developer clearing the trees there? Now the whole area looks pretty barren. Would have expected the trees to be more dense.

Unregistered
17-06-07, 20:33
I was on site today with an agent. He showed me a unit facing the rail track. Was not impressed with it at all. I can see Southaven in the front. Also, the railtrack was in sight.... meaning when the train passes, am sure to hear it. May I know why is the developer clearing the trees there? Now the whole area looks pretty barren. Would have expected the trees to be more dense.

If you look at the site map in the RT brochure, the edge of the development from block 81 to 89 (rail-facing) is supposed to be surrounded by planted trees. I guess the developer is delivering what is promised : planted trees rather than unsightly bushes.

Unregistered
17-06-07, 22:03
If you look at the site map in the RT brochure, the edge of the development from block 81 to 89 (rail-facing) is supposed to be surrounded by planted trees. I guess the developer is delivering what is promised : planted trees rather than unsightly bushes.

Maybe. But if planted trees are what I will see then no point buying this development. There are many others offering similar if not better. The Raintree is about the forest.... not man-planted trees!

Unregistered
17-06-07, 22:21

Yup....That was what my agent told me too.
Those planted trees are likely to be those types which are 2-3 storeys high.
You can easily spot these trees (certain parts are slightly orange/red in color) along CTE. Main purposes would be to block & absorb the noise, provide shade and privacy.

It would be good if the developers are also helping to plant trees along the road to south haven and springdale.
I think not all the rail-facing units are that "open". There are a few big raintrees infront too.

Unregistered
17-06-07, 22:27
Maybe. But if planted trees are what I will see then no point buying this development. There are many others offering similar if not better. The Raintree is about the forest.... not man-planted trees!

These planted trees are always there for landscaping the condos.
Regardless of whether RT or not, developers would always plant trees along the condo boundaries. SO these would complement whatever surroundings.

Unregistered
17-06-07, 22:54

Er....I thot there are other blocks facing the greenary.
in any case, considering all factors RT is great and unique.
Please share which other SIMILAR developments can offer better.

Unregistered
17-06-07, 23:46
Er....I thot there are other blocks facing the greenary.
in any case, considering all factors RT is great and unique.
Please share which other SIMILAR developments can offer better.

Don't get me wrong. Am not saying all the units are bad, just the ones facing the rail. Although I don't get to see others, I believe they could offer better views. I have asked the agent to keep a look out for those. If you are interested to let go your unit, please let me know the details for consideration. Thanks.

Unregistered
18-06-07, 15:17
Don't get me wrong. Am not saying all the units are bad, just the ones facing the rail. Although I don't get to see others, I believe they could offer better views. I have asked the agent to keep a look out for those. If you are interested to let go your unit, please let me know the details for consideration. Thanks.
What's your contact? I have a unit to let go. Thank you.

Unregistered
18-06-07, 16:56

What better views, the opposite units of the Condo or the moisture haze evaporated from the forest during the rainy season ?????

Unregistered
18-06-07, 17:13
Peace! Greenery! Serenity! I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO MOVE INTO THE RAINTREE!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Unregistered
18-06-07, 17:47
the units facing the forests are too close for comfort, the mosquitoes and noise from animals in the forests at night would be unbearable, try going to RT at night...even the highest floors facing thr forest are blocked by the tall trees, no view at all....definitely the rail facing units are better buys if you compare the cost difference....

Unregistered
18-06-07, 17:50
you should try going into hindhede nature park's cycling track to have a look and look at the proximity of the units to the forests..

Unregistered
18-06-07, 18:18
the units facing the forests are too close for comfort, the mosquitoes and noise from animals in the forests at night would be unbearable, try going to RT at night...even the highest floors facing thr forest are blocked by the tall trees, no view at all....definitely the rail facing units are better buys if you compare the cost difference....

better than looking into another person's apartment, or looking at the choo choo train running past 5 times a day.

Unregistered
18-06-07, 18:32
better than looking into another person's apartment, or looking at the choo choo train running past 5 times a day.

The train passes by at times of the day many wont be at home anyway. The sporadic sight and the sound of the choo choo train definitely is easier to bear than the noise and air pollution caused by thousands of cars and trucks passing by all day long the "up-market" central condos located at main road arteries of the city.

Unregistered
18-06-07, 20:57
The train passes by at times of the day many wont be at home anyway. The sporadic sight and the sound of the choo choo train definitely is easier to bear than the noise and air pollution caused by thousands of cars and trucks passing by all day long the "up-market" central condos located at main road arteries of the city.

If that's yr argument, then why you need to buy RT? It's dark everywhere else in the night anyway! You need light to see the forest ok... and when you hv light, you hv choo choo train. Got it? Duh!

Unregistered
18-06-07, 21:54
you should try going into hindhede nature park's cycling track to have a look and look at the proximity of the units to the forests..

Love those units. Wish I own one of those.

Unregistered
18-06-07, 22:15
Sure why not. You must love all the insects, beetles, bats, lemurs, mosquitoes flying into your apartment as well!

Love those units. Wish I own one of those.

Unregistered
19-06-07, 08:07
Peace, peace......
Railway, Forest or hill-facing units............each has its merits.
I am sure we have all considered the pro and cons before buying RT.

So far, i have only good things to say about RT in consideration of all factors.
Be happy........everything can be overcome.

If you are concerned with insects or bugs, like i do, u can also install magnetic insect screens once you are ready to move in. This is without compromising the view.
Check this out (Got the flyer from door-to-door salesman):
New Magicseal Singapore Pte Ltd
101 Kitchener Road, #03-08
Jalan Besar Plaza

Tel: 62969212 or 63960060

Unregistered
19-06-07, 08:32
the southhaven apartments are so far away, if you take the pool units, it's going to be worse....at least the trains stop at 11pm plus every night, those who take the forest view would have the animal noise coming thru the forest the whole night!

Unregistered
19-06-07, 08:35
Someone is selling their unit at Blk 99 for 1.08 million.

I guess the price of RT is racing ahead.

Hooray.

Unregistered
19-06-07, 08:42
do you think the forest facing and side facing units would hear the trains? since the train track is // to the development, the above mentioned units would be able to hear the incoming sound of the trains too right?

Unregistered
19-06-07, 08:46
shld be 3+1 unit.... i currently have 3rm unit, highest flr facing pool, agent said got keen buyer at $925k (works out to $710psf). prob wun let go cos i can't find anything similar around bt timah area with the proceeds

Unregistered
19-06-07, 10:33
I was at railway mall for lunch and saw the train pass through. It was really quiet. I do not know what is the fuss about train noise. I would think MRT would be worst since they pass by every few minutes whereby the train only pass through a few times a day.

Unregistered
19-06-07, 11:08
Just dont understand why you guys are discriminating against each other's choice of units. Every owner has their views and thus bought the unit of their choice, so please stop running down on others who bought units with different view.

Choo choo train could be interesting especially if you have kids at home. Nowadays, kids only know train means MRT, they don't get to see railway trains, see how they look like, hear how they sound like. And like what someone said, rustic feel.

Greenery view could be soothing to the eyes and the insects croaking could be music as well, giving you a nature feel.

So, please stop firing at each other like kids comparing their toys ya?

Unregistered
19-06-07, 11:49
Totally agree. Train is an interesting of Singapore history.

Unregistered
19-06-07, 12:32
Just dont understand why you guys are discriminating against each other's choice of units. Every owner has their views and thus bought the unit of their choice, so please stop running down on others who bought units with different view.

Choo choo train could be interesting especially if you have kids at home. Nowadays, kids only know train means MRT, they don't get to see railway trains, see how they look like, hear how they sound like. And like what someone said, rustic feel.

Greenery view could be soothing to the eyes and the insects croaking could be music as well, giving you a nature feel.

So, please stop firing at each other like kids comparing their toys ya?

Right you are! What you say makes a lot of sense; highly appreciate your decent statement.

Unregistered
19-06-07, 19:16
haha yeah... my partner loved the rail factor. said he could imagine our kids in future jumping up & down in excitement asking him to explain whats that passing through!

personally dont feel either way though, who knows how long the train would be around for

Unregistered
19-06-07, 21:27
Facing rail is good, facing greens also good, facing pool also also good... everything is sooooo good about RT. Residents there are blessed! :)

Unregistered
19-06-07, 21:54
saw ST today, the unit asking for $1.08 mio nett is a 3 BR 1271 sft unit facing reserve

Unregistered
19-06-07, 22:21
saw ST today, the unit asking for $1.08 mio nett is a 3 BR 1271 sft unit facing reserve

Ah.... but there's no unit in the whole development having this 1271sqft though! Hmmmm.....

Unregistered
19-06-07, 23:55

There are a lot of strange ad lately and I don't think it is meaningful to talk about asking price these days

Unregistered
22-06-07, 17:18
GOOD NEWS! $700psf has been breached at RT. You will see the caveat lodged in the next months. Congrats!

Unregistered
22-06-07, 17:21
GOOD NEWS! $700psf has been breached at RT. You will see the caveat lodged in the next months. Congrats!

This is crazy!

Prediction: some flippers are going to get burnt, ...just like some stupid buyers are allowing themselves to be burnt.

Unregistered
22-06-07, 18:12
There will always be rare cases like this.
Just like the recent HDB flat that costs $720k.

On the whole, RT prices are still in the sensible range.

To these buyers, RT might be a priceless gem.
It is in a unique location in BT hill.

Unregistered
22-06-07, 21:32
I don't think we will see the last of >$700psf being transacted. At this price, the more desirable units are still reasonable in today's market.

Unregistered
22-06-07, 23:44
I don't think we will see the last of >$700psf being transacted. At this price, the more desirable units are still reasonable in today's market.

Totally agree. I don't own a unit here and don't intend to own one. Came across this project a while ago. I don't see a problem selling at above S$700 psf.

Unregistered
23-06-07, 02:14
Totally agree. I don't own a unit here and don't intend to own one. Came across this project a while ago. I don't see a problem selling at above S$700 psf.

I know for a fact that one of my friends is in final nego with a seller of RT. Buyer is willing to close at $708psf but right now seller is asking $750psf. I think they will meet half way..... Will keep you guys informed of the outcome :)

Unregistered
23-06-07, 10:37
FCL is launching a new 99yr development at Novena called Soleil@Sinaran for ave $1,300psf.

Unregistered
23-06-07, 11:58
Bukit Timah is featured as the next property hot spot. That should spill over to Upper BT. This will certainly bode well for The RT.

Unregistered
23-06-07, 11:58
Bukit Timah is featured as the next property hot spot in today's papers. That should spill over to Upper BT. This will certainly bode well for The RT.

Unregistered
23-06-07, 14:17
I know for a fact that one of my friends is in final nego with a seller of RT. Buyer is willing to close at $708psf but right now seller is asking $750psf. I think they will meet half way..... Will keep you guys informed of the outcome :)

kindly share which facing and at what floor is this unit located?

Unregistered
23-06-07, 23:20
Bukit Timah is featured as the next property hot spot in today's papers. That should spill over to Upper BT. This will certainly bode well for The RT.

BT at $1000psf. Then Upper BT at $700psf is reasonable, i guess.
With RT so near BT, it must be very under-value at current pricing.
So the prices run up to TOP must be very interesting.
Also, not many developments are ready to TOP in early 2008, so supply is still limited.

Ang Moh
23-06-07, 23:31
A lot of people are switching to buying property now. It is not worth to rent.
This will add on to the ever increasing demand from foreigners, en-bloc sales, stock-market killers, upgraders, etc.

with stock market and luxury property market at record level, would we see mass-market property at record level too?

Unregistered
23-06-07, 23:51
A lot of people are switching to buying property now. It is not worth to rent.
This will add on to the ever increasing demand from foreigners, en-bloc sales, stock-market killers, upgraders, etc.

with stock market and luxury property market at record level, would we see mass-market property at record level too?

If all the en-blocs go thru... e.g. Farrer Court, Ridgewood, Pandan Valley, and so on.... at least 2,000 units will be removed from the market and these people will need to find alternative accom.

If you get to pocket $1.5-2mil from en-bloc... you're most likely to look for something around $1mil for 3/4-bed... so that you can pocket the diff.

In this current market, what to buy at this price? Everything along BT is over $1mil...Forget abt Holland/Farrer area. It's no brainer that RT still has a lot more room to rise.

Mass market properties will rise at different rates at different locations. With prices relatively affordable at Upper BT, we will certainly see this place move up very quickly from here.

Unregistered
24-06-07, 13:36
Anyone was promised double-gazed windows and/or tinted glass for the rail-way facing units?

Unregistered
24-06-07, 13:50
there's a aerial picture in ST today that shows the progress of RT, go see!! seemed that the pricing for most BT developments in newspaper are all outdated!

Unregistered
24-06-07, 13:55
Had a shock of the lower-than-expected psf prices stated in the ST today. However there must be more to it than to place highest last transacted prices on the national papers. Perhaps the prices posted is the "reasonable" prices to pay excluding from the speculation in the property hike today?

Unregistered
24-06-07, 14:11
the numbers reported are for Q2 2007, mostly the remaining developer units, doesn't really reflect the resale ones, anyway its gd advertising for the development, hopefully it would turn the attention towards the RT area, which is nature lovers' paradise!!!!

Unregistered
24-06-07, 15:10
You bet! Today I got calls non stop asking abt properties in BT/Upper BT area. Everyone is looking for new investment ideas. If you wanna sell, now's the time to ride on the new interest in this area.

Unregistered
24-06-07, 15:20
the numbers reported are for Q2 2007, mostly the remaining developer units, doesn't really reflect the resale ones, anyway its gd advertising for the development, hopefully it would turn the attention towards the RT area, which is nature lovers' paradise!!!!

FYI, the price in the papers is the average pricing of transacted units. In the past months, most of the units transacted are the rail facing ones. This explains the low average psf. The better units are already transacting above S$700psf

Unregistered
24-06-07, 15:21
If all the en-blocs go thru... e.g. Farrer Court, Ridgewood, Pandan Valley, and so on.... at least 2,000 units will be removed from the market and these people will need to find alternative accom.

If you get to pocket $1.5-2mil from en-bloc... you're most likely to look for something around $1mil for 3/4-bed... so that you can pocket the diff.

In this current market, what to buy at this price? Everything along BT is over $1mil...Forget abt Holland/Farrer area. It's no brainer that RT still has a lot more room to rise.

Mass market properties will rise at different rates at different locations. With prices relatively affordable at Upper BT, we will certainly see this place move up very quickly from here.

Your argument makes good sense :)

Unregistered
24-06-07, 16:47
its not true that the recent transacted units for 2Q are rail facing units, check out this link.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/real_estate/main.jsp

Unregistered
24-06-07, 16:52
historically, there is a tendency for prices of different facing condo units to converge after TOP. also during en bloc exercises, nobody cares whether you go a pool unit or greenery units, it depends on yr entitlement to the strata land ,btw can anyone share for 2, 2+1, 3, 3+1 what's the entitlement to the strata land?

Unregistered
24-06-07, 17:26
You bet! Today I got calls non stop asking abt properties in BT/Upper BT area. Everyone is looking for new investment ideas. If you wanna sell, now's the time to ride on the new interest in this area.

Why should They sell now?? The price just started to go up.
Bukit Timah area esspecially near the BT plaza, mc donalds and cold storage is targeted by the cash rich enbloc owners because it is still cheap.
I see there are still lots of rooms for increase.

Unregistered
24-06-07, 19:54
Am not selling either :)

Unregistered
24-06-07, 20:10
historically, there is a tendency for prices of different facing condo units to converge after TOP. also during en bloc exercises, nobody cares whether you go a pool unit or greenery units, it depends on yr entitlement to the strata land ,btw can anyone share for 2, 2+1, 3, 3+1 what's the entitlement to the strata land?

You're probably an owner of a rail facing unit. Unfortunately, prices won't converge after TOP coz after TOP, your unit will still continue to face the rail track. Unless they move the track elsewhere, then it's another story. I know for a fact that units facing the track are asking over $580psf and still no interested buyers. So far, buyers in re-sale market are only interested in non-rail facing units. That's a fact!

Pls don't talk abt en-bloc when this property is not even TOP yet... duh!

Unregistered
24-06-07, 20:30
You're probably an owner of a rail facing unit. Unfortunately, prices won't converge after TOP coz after TOP, your unit will still continue to face the rail track. Unless they move the track elsewhere, then it's another story. I know for a fact that units facing the track are asking over $580psf and still no interested buyers. So far, buyers in re-sale market are only interested in non-rail facing units. That's a fact!

Why not? Enbloc today takes a year and a half to move out... so its possible to look for a non-yet-TOP property for enloc cases

Unregistered
24-06-07, 20:51
Why not? Enbloc today takes a year and a half to move out... so its possible to look for a non-yet-TOP property for enloc cases

you obviously do not know much about the rules governing en-bloc sales. pls go read it up before you make a fool of yourself :P

Unregistered
24-06-07, 21:15
I only have one conclusion as to why this thread is so active compared to others -- Most buyers of RT are passionate about the development and are nature lovers whom just can't wait to move in. Compared to other projects, this one certainly has lesser flippers! Correct me if I am wrong.....

Unregistered
24-06-07, 23:40
I only have one conclusion as to why this thread is so active compared to others -- Most buyers of RT are passionate about the development and are nature lovers whom just can't wait to move in. Compared to other projects, this one certainly has lesser flippers! Correct me if I am wrong.....
What's the point? No flippers means no investor interest and price won't go up too much.

Unregistered
25-06-07, 00:00
What's the point? No flippers means no investor interest and price won't go up too much.

Then you're wrong. No flippers bought from developer. Doesn't mean no flippers looking to buy in the 2dary market. First buyers whom hv the intention to live in RT will need a "good" offer to tempt them to sell.

Unregistered
25-06-07, 11:48

You only know what you know and that don't mean you know all the deals going on. I have a 2 rm unit facing track and I already have offer at 593psf and that was 1 mth plus ago.

Unregistered
25-06-07, 12:10
You only know what you know and that don't mean you know all the deals going on. I have a 2 rm unit facing track and I already have offer at 593psf and that was 1 mth plus ago.

Since Govt announced a large number of plots will be made available for mass condo prohjects, starting from the third quarter onwards two weeks ago, buyers for mass condo projects certainly will turn cautious. You should not assume someone is willing to pay 593 psf now for your unit. If your unit can sell for 593 psf or higher now, it is really good news.

Unregistered
25-06-07, 12:17

would appreciate it if forum contributors would stop being so self-centred and rude, by putting down yr neighbours' rail-facing units/pool facing/greenery facing units, its not going to do any good to the sub-sales of all the units as potential buyers might get put off by all your negative comments. this is suppose to be constructive forum. thanks

Unregistered
25-06-07, 13:31
Since Govt announced a large number of plots will be made available for mass condo prohjects, starting from the third quarter onwards two weeks ago, buyers for mass condo projects certainly will turn cautious. You should not assume someone is willing to pay 593 psf now for your unit. If your unit can sell for 593 psf or higher now, it is really good news.

if the govt is indeed letting out supply of mass-end condos, doesn't it mean that there is a shortage of housing in this area, esp if the government has a target of 6 mio people here. The actual supply would only come on stream in 4-5 years time, RT having to TOP during times where such mass-end housing is lacking, wouldn't it be beneficiary (at least in the short term)? moreover there are not many new developments in the upper BT area for a long time. espa/hillvista are further down upper BT which are unlikely to TOP so soon also, those who want an (almost) immediate new home to stay in this area doesn't have many choices also

heard that alot of expats have moved towards the Upper BT area because the rents further down at BT area have shot up too much, this is going to be beneficiary to RT as well

Unregistered
25-06-07, 14:01
if the govt is indeed letting out supply of mass-end condos, doesn't it mean that there is a shortage of housing in this area, esp if the government has a target of 6 mio people here. The actual supply would only come on stream in 4-5 years time, RT having to TOP during times where such mass-end housing is lacking, wouldn't it be beneficiary (at least in the short term)? moreover there are not many new developments in the upper BT area for a long time. espa/hillvista are further down upper BT which are unlikely to TOP so soon also, those who want an (almost) immediate new home to stay in this area doesn't have many choices also

heard that alot of expats have moved towards the Upper BT area because the rents further down at BT area have shot up too much, this is going to be beneficiary to RT as well

If there is shortage of housing in mass condo projects, developers shuld welcome the govt move because they will have more land to build more condos and hence more profits. This, unforunately not the case as developers this time just like the 1996, urging Govt to continue exercise restraint in the land programme. While the short term future for Singapore is bright, but things can turn around very quickly if cost of living surge ahead and MNC find it hard to operate in this environment

Unregistered
25-06-07, 14:13
If there is shortage of housing in mass condo projects, developers shuld welcome the govt move because they will have more land to build more condos and hence more profits. This, unforunately not the case as developers this time just like the 1996, urging Govt to continue exercise restraint in the land programme. While the short term future for Singapore is bright, but things can turn around very quickly if cost of living surge ahead and MNC find it hard to operate in this environment

fyi if you are aware of the dynamics behind developer's earnings and how they make money, you would know that their earnings are most sensitive to pricing than volume. it doesn't make sense for developers to want the government to flood the market with excessive supply and depress the pricing (since pricing is a function of supply and demand). of course, the developer would want the govt to hold back releasing land supply in this case. moreover, the sharp surge in pricing in the high-end has not filtered down that much to the mass-mkt, why would the developers want the govt to release more land to depress pricing?but from the govt's perspective, its diferent. they need to ensure that housing remain affordable (at least for public housing) and ensure that there is sufficient housing. i believe that they are anticipating more middle/upper middle income migrants to come to spore (to hit 6mio ppn target) and perhaps more upgraders, hence the release of land.

Unregistered
25-06-07, 15:44
Read my msg again. I said, I got offer not I assume and I rejected cause I believe it will go up further else, I will stay there.
Mass condo projects also must see locations. Do you want a condo in a prime and unique location or right next to your friendly HDB blocks?

Unregistered
25-06-07, 16:24
It's a mistake to build a condo by the foot of the nature reserve. Now, driving towards upper bt timah, the view is blocked by this ugly concrete giant. Nature lover should not by this condo because it has affected the reserve, and if you are not a nature lover, you should not consider this place which will be full of nature creepers, monkies, insects, flies, spiders, maybe scorpions and other crawlers. No one should have bought this condo and force the developer to tear it down for the sake of our beautiful nature reserve.

Unregistered
25-06-07, 16:35
It's a mistake to build a condo by the foot of the nature reserve. Now, driving towards upper bt timah, the view is blocked by this ugly concrete giant. Nature lover should not by this condo because it has affected the reserve, and if you are not a nature lover, you should not consider this place which will be full of nature creepers, monkies, insects, flies, spiders, maybe scorpions and other crawlers. No one should have bought this condo and force the developer to tear it down for the sake of our beautiful nature reserve.

Hello! It's not that the developer took down all the trees and cleared this plot. The plot has long time housed a factory. Furthermore, this plot is not classified by URA as "BT Nature Reserve".

If the plot was filled with trees then it's a different story. Govt wud not allow it anyways. What makes this development special is... you cant find similar anywhere else in Spore. This place is definitely worth more than it's now!

Unregistered
25-06-07, 21:20

Can you write in proper English. It is an eyesore to read such poor language construction and grammar. Thanks.

Unregistered
26-06-07, 10:24

If it is a mistake, why do you even bother to join this forum?
If it is a mistake, try writting to the ST forum, raise your concerns to the sg government, report RT to the Global Green Network then. Don't just sit there and fart.

Unregistered
26-06-07, 12:50

100% sold and more asking for units there, my friend. Be practical.

If you are really a nature lover, why are you driving to BT Timah Hill in the first place thereby polluting the environment? If you are not a nature lover, why are you going to BT Timah Hill in the first place?

Unregistered
26-06-07, 13:31
Hello! It's not that the developer took down all the trees and cleared this plot. The plot has long time housed a factory. Furthermore, this plot is not classified by URA as "BT Nature Reserve".

If the plot was filled with trees then it's a different story. Govt wud not allow it anyways. What makes this development special is... you cant find similar anywhere else in Spore. This place is definitely worth more than it's now!

Yup. Of course it is worth more than current prices.
The world now is very much polluted. Only RT will have the fresh air.
u will need to pay premium for fresh air.
I won't mind either if the Gov wants it back several years later.
Provided they pay each unit > $1 mil.

Unregistered
26-06-07, 13:42
The more controversies the better. More active this forum the better.
Some ppl have just become sourgrapes.
People begin to realise now what they have been missing abt RT.

Unregistered
26-06-07, 14:48
To be fair to the so-called nature-lover, I agree that RT has covered a large part of the view of BT Timah Nature Hill. The factory that used to be there wasn't so tall. But RT is built near the foot of the hill and not inside the hill. So should not be too angry even if true-blood nature-lovers. For those who got this place only thinking of earning money and making 1m etc (and not for stay or to appreciate nature or fresh air), RT being so special a condo deserves better owners.

Unregistered
26-06-07, 18:51
For those who got this place only thinking of earning money and making 1m etc (and not for stay or to appreciate nature or fresh air), RT being so special a condo deserves better owners.

Hey......i believe everything has a price.
Although i bought RT with every intention to stay, i won't refuse an offer of $1mil. I am living in a REAL world.

Unregistered
26-06-07, 19:06
To be fair to the so-called nature-lover, I agree that RT has covered a large part of the view of BT Timah Nature Hill. The factory that used to be there wasn't so tall. But RT is built near the foot of the hill and not inside the hill. So should not be too angry even if true-blood nature-lovers. For those who got this place only thinking of earning money and making 1m etc (and not for stay or to appreciate nature or fresh air), RT being so special a condo deserves better owners.

Most people bought RT to stay lah and bcos of the nature.
If really want to earn $$, then we would be queuing for prime downtown area.

Unregistered
26-06-07, 23:33
Hey......i believe everything has a price.
Although i bought RT with every intention to stay, i won't refuse an offer of $1mil. I am living in a REAL world.

If you hv the right facing for a 3/4-room, $1mil is achievable today! Wanna sell? Let me know :)

Unregistered
27-06-07, 08:57
Got offer for $975k :) mine's pool-facing 3-bedroom highest floor

Unregistered
27-06-07, 09:36
Got offer for $975k :) mine's pool-facing 3-bedroom highest floor
How much psf?

Unregistered
27-06-07, 09:43
Yesterday got buyer offering 626psf :)