PDA

View Full Version : The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Makelele
26-04-07, 12:28
There are 2 convenience stores in Raintree??? :cool:

Observer
26-04-07, 13:28
According to the site plan that was at the show flat, block 95 will have the change room, shop, multi purpose room and management office below the ground floor units.

Unregistered
26-04-07, 16:20
There are 2 convenience stores in Raintree??? :cool:

believe shops will be facing the landscape garden/pond. its in the brochure?

Unregistered
26-04-07, 16:55
believe shops will be facing the landscape garden/pond. its in the brochure?L

landscape garden is on elevated ground which is level 3. The ground floor units facing landscape garden is #03-xx. Shops on the other hand is adjacent block and they are below the landscape garden. In fact, the first two levels of blk95 combined to form one level. Residential units for blk 95 on level 3 upwards. That why the shops, multipurpose hall etc have higher ceiling because they are actually 2 levels combined.

lincoln
27-04-07, 10:02
Out of curiousity, what type of shops would you like?

Maybe 1 convenient store and a clinic/salon/pet groomer?

Unregistered
27-04-07, 10:40

This size condo cannot sustain a clinic ...I'm a GP . I've sent an email to enquire about shops , will let u know if I get a response. Tried to call, but no one answering phone.

Unregistered
27-04-07, 12:47

1 convenience store and 1 eatery/ice-cream palour and a mini-salon would be nice.

Unregistered
27-04-07, 12:50
This size condo cannot sustain a clinic ...I'm a GP . I've sent an email to enquire about shops , will let u know if I get a response. Tried to call, but no one answering phone.

a 24 hr GP in the area would be great! Captive market man.

Unregistered
27-04-07, 13:07
Hi all neighbours

I did a search on the new road Bukit Drive, refer to link below:

http://www.map.gov.sg/SD_LQ/INLIS_SD_EQUERY/eQuery/eQuery_SearchResult.aspx?strService=eQuery&strSearchKey=road&strProduct=eQuery&strroadcode=&roadname=hindhede%20road

Notice that the new road Bukit Drive is "above" instead of "below" Le Wood in 2D-map? Wrote an email to inform SLA that the road Bukit Drive should be "below" Le Wood and join the old Hindehede road to form a Y-shaped instead, leaving no gap. Guy from SLA returned my query saying that their map is correct, the new road Bukit Drive should start between Le Wood and the public car park for nature reserve and then run behind Le Wood to end at Raintree. That's according to their proposal plan they have on hand.

Wonder whether there's any miscommunication between our developer and SLA? Hopefully they won't have to "tear down" the newly built Bukit Drive and built it further in.

Tried calling FCT but no one answer. Anybody bother to clarify with developer?

Unregistered
27-04-07, 13:20
I have a feeling SLA is right and developer is wrong.

Unregistered
27-04-07, 13:39
I have a feeling SLA is right and developer is wrong.

I think the opposite. The map from SLA must be wrong.

As you know, Le Wood is built right by the edge of the public parking lot and cycling trail. Imagine if you want to build a road from that position to reach Raintree, the length of the road neded would actually be much shorter than the existing one, but the parking lot and the cycling trail will definitely be affected

Unless the URA is planning to build a multi storey car park there, it will aggravate the existing problem (early morning and evening hrs) for parking due to further shrinkage of the parking lot space

Unregistered
27-04-07, 14:10
Maybe miscommunication between both parties? I have seen a brand new bus stop built and torn down 2 or 3 times to be replaced with another new one afew metres down the road within half a year's time near Bouna vista afew years back.

Unregistered
27-04-07, 15:36
when i was at the lawyer's signing the legal papers, saw that the BUKIT DRIVE road was similar to the SLA one, ie it routes north of blk 99, but the land north of blk 99 is the hindhede nature reserve bicycle track

ht
27-04-07, 15:37
I think the opposite. The map from SLA must be wrong.

I agree, based on the drawing, doesn't seem practical what SLA is trying to "plan". It may look good on drawing, but in reality ??
Did SLA subtantiate their claim in their reply ?

Unregistered
27-04-07, 16:05
when i was at the lawyer's signing the legal papers, saw that the BUKIT DRIVE road was similar to the SLA one, ie it routes north of blk 99, but the land north of blk 99 is the hindhede nature reserve bicycle track

Incidentally, one of several questions we posed to our lawyer : Right now, Bukit Drive leads to RT and is a dead end road. What's the plan for the future? Is it going to run further in for more condo developments in the future? From the map, looks like there's plan for further road extension?

Lawyer's answer is vague... possible to extend road further in future?

Anyone aware what is the future master plan for this area?

Unregistered
27-04-07, 17:29
I agree, based on the drawing, doesn't seem practical what SLA is trying to "plan". It may look good on drawing, but in reality ??
Did SLA subtantiate their claim in their reply ?

The SLA guy said they have not gone to the site to check the new road yet. He maintained that if the new road is not built according to their plan, then it must be a temp road built by developer. The way he see it, if bukit drive is not built between Le Wood and public carpark, then they would consider it as not yet being built ie still "under construction".

I tried to convince him the new road is permanent and is the bukit drive but he maintained his stand. Not having the full picture myself, I just left it as it is, who know, along the way, there could have been changes made to the plan?

Unregistered
27-04-07, 17:42
The Bt Timah Line is confirmed to be built by 2015. LTA is still studying the exact locations of the stations.
http://app.lta.gov.sg/corp_press_content.asp?start=1763

Unregistered
27-04-07, 18:18
The Bt Timah Line is confirmed to be built by 2015. LTA is still studying the exact locations of the stations.
http://app.lta.gov.sg/corp_press_content.asp?start=1763

Really good news! State land near MRT will be selling like hot cakes soon!!

Unregistered
27-04-07, 18:37

what about a student before and after school care that caters mostly to primary level kids with homework supervisory function? then again, shop space at RT is quite limited and most families have maids. may not be popular as not all units can benefit..... just my thought

Unregistered
27-04-07, 18:56
what about a student before and after school care that caters mostly to primary level kids with homework supervisory function? then again, shop space at RT is quite limited and most families have maids. may not be popular as not all units can benefit..... just my thought

Many condos much larger (in terms of number of units) than raintree has only a mini mart of a size about 200 sft. It is therefore unusual that there are two full size units set aside for shops. It is even intriguing, the two shops are anything but near the entrance.

I hope these shops are exclusive for residents of raintree. However, a few months ago, some agents did show me a brochure where the two shops were crossed out. During the recent showflat relaunch, I noticed the project lay out posted on the wall where two shops are selling the space for one instead of two full size units. It is rather confusing and I wonder whether residents can sue the developer if they fail to honor the initial plan. wonder any lawyer here can help to answer this question?

Unregistered
27-04-07, 18:59
Many condos much larger (in terms of number of units) than raintree has only a mini mart of a size about 200 sft. It is therefore unusual that there are two full size units set aside for shops. It is even intriguing, the two shops are anything but near the entrance.

I hope these shops are exclusive for residents of raintree. However, a few months ago, some agents did show me a brochure where the two shops were crossed out. During the recent showflat relaunch, I noticed the project lay out posted on the wall where two shops are selling the space for one instead of two full size units. It is rather confusing and I wonder whether residents can sue the developer if they fail to honor the initial plan. wonder any lawyer here can help to answer this question?

Sorry for the typos

it should be, "...where two shops are sharing the space of just one full size unit instead of two in the original brochure."

Unregistered
27-04-07, 19:51
Sorry for the typos

it should be, "...where two shops are sharing the space of just one full size unit instead of two in the original brochure."

indeed it will make a whole world of difference in terms of space.... can developer "any-o-how" change facilities plan as and when they like???

Unregistered
27-04-07, 22:00
indeed it will make a whole world of difference in terms of space.... can developer "any-o-how" change facilities plan as and when they like???
agent said they crossed out the plan on the 2 shops sometime back, can't confirm if it'll still be there

Unregistered
27-04-07, 22:44
agent said they crossed out the plan on the 2 shops sometime back, can't confirm if it'll still be there

when the showroom first re opened , the shop spaces were still up for rent . actually , on the website and booket , advertised convenience shops as part of the deal , so it's only fair that this is carried thru.

Unregistered
27-04-07, 22:52
when the showroom first re opened , the shop spaces were still up for rent . actually , on the website and booket , advertised convenience shops as part of the deal , so it's only fair that this is carried thru.

The good thing is the for two shops are already planned for. In fact, those space is very different than regular unit as it seems to have ultra high ceiling.
I don't think they can be sold as regular units anyway.

If developer have interesting idea of using those space such as make it to become some sort of facilities, it may not necessary be bad and it all depends what they have in store for us

Unregistered
27-04-07, 23:12
The SLA guy said they have not gone to the site to check the new road yet. He maintained that if the new road is not built according to their plan, then it must be a temp road built by developer. The way he see it, if bukit drive is not built between Le Wood and public carpark, then they would consider it as not yet being built ie still "under construction".

I tried to convince him the new road is permanent and is the bukit drive but he maintained his stand. Not having the full picture myself, I just left it as it is, who know, along the way, there could have been changes made to the plan?

If that new Bukit Drive road is built by the developer it may not be the real thing. The real one should be constructed by government, right? Hope I am wrong on this. Otherwise it's going to be a hassle getting in and out and The Raintree will not be so tart looi.

Unregistered
27-04-07, 23:21
If that new Bukit Drive road is built by the developer it may not be the real thing. The real one should be constructed by government, right? Hope I am wrong on this. Otherwise it's going to be a hassle getting in and out and The Raintree will not be so tart looi.

If i remember correctly, when i flipped thro' the thick stack of papers sent by developer when you sign the option paper, one part of it did mention that building the new road that leads to RT is part of developer's responsibility. In this case, developer should be the one to build new road.

Unregistered
28-04-07, 00:19
This is so weird. I was also confused by the new road, but it does not make sense to build it above le wood as (a) it will mean part of the carpark and the bicycle track goes, (b) it will go directly into protected land and right next to hindhede quarry (which will affect the nature) and (c) why build a dead end road into the side of the raintree which goes nowhere?

The current road goes right into the entrance and car park of the raintree and i don't see how deconstructing it and rebuilding another one makes sense.

Such awful road planning by SLA.

Unregistered
28-04-07, 00:24
Actually I am wondering if it is going to be a real road (i.e. for cars) since you will note that Hindhede Drive goes right up into Bt Timah Hill/Nature Reserve and we all know it is only a walking trail! Maybe they intend to renovate the biking trail.

And another thing, I was walking along the biking trail and they cordoned off the reserve side for "conservation" and "reforestation". Certainly it cannot be consistent with that aim to build a road right smack into that area and also it will be awful for visitors to the quarry and Waring Hut.

Unregistered
28-04-07, 00:34
This is so weird. I was also confused by the new road, but it does not make sense to build it above le wood as (a) it will mean part of the carpark and the bicycle track goes, (b) it will go directly into protected land and right next to hindhede quarry (which will affect the nature) and (c) why build a dead end road into the side of the raintree which goes nowhere?

The current road goes right into the entrance and car park of the raintree and i don't see how deconstructing it and rebuilding another one makes sense.

Such awful road planning by SLA.

For quarry visiting attractions maybe??

Unregistered
28-04-07, 00:36
If i remember correctly, when i flipped thro' the thick stack of papers sent by developer when you sign the option paper, one part of it did mention that building the new road that leads to RT is part of developer's responsibility. In this case, developer should be the one to build new road.

agreed.it is actually very common practice for developer to undertake the developing of a new road as part of the deal for development for a particular piece of land with no/ limited road access.

Unregistered
28-04-07, 11:07
According to a post on another thread, Hillview Regency is asking over $900psf!!!!

Wow! Makes RT look like a bargain....

Wow!!! Today 1353sqft asking for 980k.
Pretty soon you guys will be millionaires.
Maybe more. Heard say Yamashita's gold is buried nearby.

Unregistered
28-04-07, 11:49

wait long long......................................................................

Unregistered
28-04-07, 12:00
ThursdayBT property transaction price for early April listed 1808sq ft sold at 910K.The first buyer must have made a kill.This unit is only gr fl and facing partial rail.

Unregistered
28-04-07, 12:11
ThursdayBT property transaction price for early April listed 1808sq ft sold at 910K.The first buyer must have made a kill.This unit is only gr fl and facing partial rail.

Do you know how much per sf did the first owner pay for this unit?

Unregistered
28-04-07, 14:01
wait long long......................................................................

Around TOP time would do
should be less than a year

Unregistered
28-04-07, 14:53

haha... since when has singapore become part of philipines?

Unregistered
28-04-07, 18:20

out of curiosity: if really find gold within RT plot, it wouldn't belong to RT owners as the land is leased for 99 years. only physical building above ground belong to RT (for 99 years) but the land and whatever found below ground isn't. am i right to say that?

Unregistered
28-04-07, 23:33
out of curiosity: if really find gold within RT plot, it wouldn't belong to RT owners as the land is leased for 99 years. only physical building above ground belong to RT (for 99 years) but the land and whatever found below ground isn't. am i right to say that?

Unless there are gold bars buried under the ground of RT, if it is just gold mine, it will be too expensive to recover the gold. The developer probably would still find building condos is the fast and easy way to make money.

Unregistered
30-04-07, 14:27
I think that in the short term, yes Raintree is the only condo with such location advantages. But with the MRT line coming up, I am sure the GOVT will open up more residential plots for sale deeper into the forest.

Already, there is a very big plot of land enough for a few big condo developments in the Old Holland Rd area between Bukit Timah Rd and Ulu Pandan Rd. Of course the govt has anticipated the population explosion and Bukit Timah MRT line.

Not to mention the supply of land coming up in Bukit Timah as well if GOVT decides to en bloc Turf City. That area can build at least 10 condo projects.

Unregistered
30-04-07, 19:37
They cannot extend too deep into the forest. It all depends on whether it is protected land. I think currently non-forested areas can become potential condo sites (e.g, Turf City), but I doubt anything inside of RT will be.

Unregistered
01-05-07, 10:13
do check out the other raintree forum at http://www.condo.com.sg/rating/residentreview.cfm?condoid=2587
seems to be more active at the moment , not sure why. only troublesome to have to post rating every time ....
cheers !

Unregistered
01-05-07, 11:28
2 bedrm, reserve facing, no western sun, $580k

am looking for a 2 bedrm unit, anyone interested to sell please drop me a mail at [email protected].

Unregistered
01-05-07, 11:58
am looking for a 2 bedrm unit, anyone interested to sell please drop me a mail at [email protected].

Did you check out the unit asking for 580K posted in this forum?

Unregistered
01-05-07, 12:16
no i just chanced upon this forum yesterday. was hoping it is still avail and the owner can contact me....

Unregistered
01-05-07, 15:39
Any idea whether AVA would come down to the condo and exterminate all the monkeys?

Unregistered
01-05-07, 15:58
Any idea whether AVA would come down to the condo and exterminate all the monkeys?

Why would AVA want to exterminate the monkeys? We should try our best to live peacefully and accomodate each other. In fact, the monkeys are the original inhabitants of the rainforest and we human beings, are secondary "invaders" of their homes. To be fair, we should be the ones to be chased out (just joking ;P )

We should really try our best to accomodate them first, only if they become a real nuisance and if all things fail, then we could consider consulting AVA?

Just my thought :)

Unregistered
01-05-07, 18:08
Why would AVA want to exterminate the monkeys? We should try our best to live peacefully and accomodate each other. In fact, the monkeys are the original inhabitants of the rainforest and we human beings, are secondary "invaders" of their homes. To be fair, we should be the ones to be chased out (just joking ;P )

We should really try our best to accomodate them first, only if they become a real nuisance and if all things fail, then we could consider consulting AVA?

I agree wholeheartedly!

Unregistered
01-05-07, 18:17
just curious, do you work for the AVA?

Unregistered
01-05-07, 18:39

Are you a owner of of a raintree unit?
If you don't like monkey, I advise you to consider carefully whether you want to live there.
To me, the monkey really enriches the Nature reserve and I would not mind. I believe there is a sign board right at the entrance of Bukit drive stated clearly that "fine" will be imposed as penalty to those individuals who feed the monkeys. I hope this will work. I was surprised some one leave a whole cartoon of food (in plastic bags) at the parking lot. AVA should send in an undercover officer to catch these peoples. They are the one doing harm to the monkeys

Unregistered
01-05-07, 18:48
just curious, do you work for the AVA?

Nope, I don't work for AVA and don't worry i am not a spy for AVA

Just making comments on how i feel :)

Unregistered
01-05-07, 20:59
Why would you want to live among nature but get rid of an important part of it, which are the primates.

The only things I can do without are the mosquitos. Ha ha.

Unregistered
01-05-07, 22:05
A word of advise, just don't feed the monkeys as they will become more daring...
as more people feed them, to them people = food
as they will assume all people will feed them and will snatch anything that you are holding on to...

Unregistered
02-05-07, 14:33
Why would you want to live among nature but get rid of an important part of it, which are the primates.

The only things I can do without are the mosquitos. Ha ha.

Yeap... my thoughts exactly.

We are the "invaders" to monkey-land, so it is a matter of living side by side in harmony.

I hope they do a good job fogging the place. On a couple of trip on my recee to look at my place facing the slope I got bitten like hell.

Unregistered
02-05-07, 14:48
Yeap... my thoughts exactly.

We are the "invaders" to monkey-land, so it is a matter of living side by side in harmony.

I hope they do a good job fogging the place. On a couple of trip on my recee to look at my place facing the slope I got bitten like hell.

The cycling trail is not meant for walking. In fact there is a sign stated clearly to warn peoples about using it as a walking trail. When you are cycling on that trail, you are moving much faster than walking and you won't get bitten. If you have been to numerous walking trails in the reserve, you should notice generally you won't have much problems getting bitten by mosquitos. I suspect that they intentionally not to control the mosquitos and small insects along the cycling trail to discourge peoples using it as a walking trail because it is potentially dangerous

Unregistered
03-05-07, 14:42
Anyone has ideas for the planter? Had though that it's a balcony, but heard that the planter is a bay that is lower than the floor. So anyone know by how much is it lower than the floor? And what's your pan for it?

PS: has post similar question in http://www.condo.com.sg but have not gotten reply.

Unregistered
03-05-07, 14:49
We were thinking of asking developer to put timber on it to make it a balcony.

Another alternative is to get everybody together and hire a contrator to do everyone's unit. Bulk discount mah.

Unregistered
03-05-07, 16:22
Good Idea, would definitely be interested.

Unregistered
03-05-07, 17:36
Anyone has ideas for the planter? Had though that it's a balcony, but heard that the planter is a bay that is lower than the floor. So anyone know by how much is it lower than the floor? And what's your pan for it?

PS: has post similar question in http://www.condo.com.sg but have not gotten reply.

I mentioned in that website that there was a lot of discussion on plantar ideas earlier on. do plough thru pgs 10 to 20 , I believe .

Unregistered
06-05-07, 21:33
Drove passed Gardenvista earlier and there's a banner saying.... " Choice Units Available. From $920psf "

Can't believe such a crap development can command over $900psf. Tho The Raintree does not enjoy the Bkt Timah address, the development is anytime better than Gardenvista.

Unregistered
08-05-07, 12:10
Drove passed Gardenvista earlier and there's a banner saying.... " Choice Units Available. From $920psf "

Can't believe such a crap development can command over $900psf. Tho The Raintree does not enjoy the Bkt Timah address, the development is anytime better than Gardenvista.

Even though I will be a resident at RT , let's try not to put other developments down :) People buy diff condos for varying reasons . I believe Gardenvista does have more facilities and space cf RT , hence higher costs . I believe they are wrongly categorized under district 21 as well , should be District 10 .

Unregistered
08-05-07, 12:18
Even though I will be a resident at RT , let's try not to put other developments down :) People buy diff condos for varying reasons . I believe Gardenvista does have more facilities and space cf RT , hence higher costs . I believe they are wrongly categorized under district 21 as well , should be District 10 .

Garden Vista IS district 21. In fact from Binjai up to Upper Bukit Timah is D21 already. The other side, from Tan Chong Motor onwards is D21 also. Means Nexus, Maplewoods, Cascadia, all that.

Sorry I think you got cheated by your agent! :D

true or not?
08-05-07, 12:22
if i am not wrong, part of Dunearn rd is D11, the other part is D21. Bukit Timah rd sama sama, part is D10, other part is D21.

Unregistered
08-05-07, 12:39
Garden Vista IS district 21. In fact from Binjai up to Upper Bukit Timah is D21 already. The other side, from Tan Chong Motor onwards is D21 also. Means Nexus, Maplewoods, Cascadia, all that.

Sorry I think you got cheated by your agent! :D

oh ic . I must have been mistaken . nope, not cheated . already bought RT , was just a comment. Would not have bought Garden Vista anyway, whatever the price , so close to main road and highway...

big money
08-05-07, 12:41
Who cares if it is D10, D11, or D21? Most importantly in any investment is buy low sell high.

Unregistered
08-05-07, 14:01
Who cares if it is D10, D11, or D21? Most importantly in any investment is buy low sell high.

Garden Vista is more convenient in terms of public transportation, including buses and taxi. Furthermore, it also has private lift lobby for many of the units. To many, this feature is only associated with more upscale condos, hence it deserves a premium added to its price.

RT is not as convenience if you take publc transportation most of the times, then again, many who bought RT is really impressed with its tranquil location and exclusiveness (has own road leading up to the condo).

When all factors are taken into considerations, in my view, RT certainly offers much better value than GV.

too right
08-05-07, 14:28
When all factors are taken into considerations, in my view, RT certainly offers much better value than GV.

That goes without saying. And customers know that. Which is why RT is sold out while GV is not, even tho TOP already.

Unregistered
08-05-07, 17:52
That goes without saying. And customers know that. Which is why RT is sold out while GV is not, even tho TOP already.

It is rather obvious RT at 650 psf is much better value than GV at 920 psf.
The difference is 270 psf. How about the difference is only 100 psf, does it make GV a better buy?

Unregistered
08-05-07, 19:02
It is rather obvious RT at 650 psf is much better value than GV at 920 psf.
The difference is 270 psf. How about the difference is only 100 psf, does it make GV a better buy?

even if both cost the same in terms of psf, imo, RT is still a better buy cf to GV, all factors taken into consideration.

Unregistered
08-05-07, 19:07
even if both cost the same in terms of psf, imo, RT is still a better buy cf to GV, all factors taken into consideration.

That was exactly what I was going to say! Pity I wasn't in the market then. If I were looking for condo back then, sure grab Raintree already.

Unregistered
08-05-07, 20:42
That was exactly what I was going to say! Pity I wasn't in the market then. If I were looking for condo back then, sure grab Raintree already.

If you're now.... $650+ from sub-sale market is still gd value!

Unregistered
08-05-07, 23:18
$650K for 3BR?? can you find that on the sub-sale market?

Unregistered
08-05-07, 23:27
$650K for 3BR?? can you find that on the sub-sale market?

I think he meant 650 psf, not 650K
For those rail facing 3-Br unit (1270 sft), I saw someone advertised for 580 psf last week

Unregistered
09-05-07, 00:05
You know what kinda pricing now for those facing the greenery with no blockage? Prefer not to face the railway. Also don't like facing the pool. Thanks.

Unregistered
09-05-07, 08:41
there's no perfect facing,
facing railway => noise
facing green => noon sun and mosquitoes
facing bukit timah nature reserve => mosquitoes
facing pool => too close to neighbour
facing main entrance => beside the bin centre

which do you prefer?

Unregistered
09-05-07, 09:42
You know what kinda pricing now for those facing the greenery with no blockage? Prefer not to face the railway. Also don't like facing the pool. Thanks.

Hi

I got a 2br facing greenery, not facing pool or railway track. How much would u offer?

Unregistered
09-05-07, 09:47
are you a serious seller? i am looking for a 2bed room unit. 580psf?

Unregistered
09-05-07, 10:05
anyone has good/reliable ID to recommend?

Unregistered
09-05-07, 11:12
are you a serious seller? i am looking for a 2bed room unit. 580psf?

Sorry, I already got offer for 650 psf.

Unregistered
09-05-07, 11:17
isn't 650psf a little over killing? have mkt gone up that high for RT?

Unregistered
09-05-07, 11:20
Well, RT is a niche development. It's either u luv it or u hate it. Those who luv nature and greenery would b willing to pay a premium. IMHO.

Unregistered
09-05-07, 11:48

Compared to developer's soft launch price, yes, 650psf is on the high side. If you buy for own stay and if you like RT location, then 650psf is still not that bad compared to neighbouring condos which is asking much higher. Even 2-3 years old condo in Hillview area is now asking around this range. However, if you buy for investment, maybe can wait for global market crash, someone in BT think come 2009.

Unregistered
09-05-07, 12:18
Try next door. Only $400 psf.

Unregistered
09-05-07, 12:42
Try next door. Only $400 psf.

LW has a very small pool and its sauna and club house rather mouldy.
I think for not brand new condo, Southaven I could be better choice?

Unregistered
09-05-07, 12:45
Southhaven also not new rite? what's the rate now?

Unregistered
09-05-07, 14:09
LW has a very small pool and its sauna and club house rather mouldy.
I think for not brand new condo, Southaven I could be better choice?

Le Wood is only 6-7 yrs old, I wonder whether RT will have the same moldy problems in a few years time?

Unregistered
09-05-07, 14:22
facing railway => noise

which do you prefer?

facing green... high floor. noon sun is at an angle so not a prob. mozzies will be a prob for lower floors.

Unregistered
09-05-07, 14:48
check out http://www.mosquito.org/mosquito-information/faq.aspx#9

Unregistered
09-05-07, 14:55
facing green... high floor. noon sun is at an angle so not a prob. mozzies will be a prob for lower floors.

The biggest problems with mouldy problems should be in the basement car park. What worry me most are the helath hazards because of the excessive spore counts in the air because of the mouldy problems

Unregistered
09-05-07, 15:38
Southhaven also not new rite? what's the rate now?

I believe there are two Southaven: I & II. One is 99 yr, the other is 999 yr.

I was offered a penthouse for $1million at Southaven II in January. 3000+ sf with private garden, jacuzzi, 5 bedrooms, etc. Should have taken it! :D

Unregistered
09-05-07, 15:46
The biggest problems with mouldy problems should be in the basement car park. What worry me most are the helath hazards because of the excessive spore counts in the air because of the mouldy problems

If we have a designated car-wash area (of 3 to 4 lots) instead of everyone washing their car in their own park lot, may help to contain/control the problem as only one small area is designated wet. Residents may then book timings for their car wash in designated area accordingly. More "lehchey" but may nip the problem in the bud.

Unregistered
09-05-07, 16:31
Have a feeling that the communal space in RT is rather small, with facilities virtually concentrated in the centre of site. According to developer, the roof top is not accessible to residents, only for technicians for maintenance. Wonder why they did not convert the roof top into roof gardens. In this way, there's more space for everyone instead of everyone cramping in the centre. Would it cost much to build and maintain a rooftop garden?

Unregistered
09-05-07, 17:00
If we have a designated car-wash area (of 3 to 4 lots) instead of everyone washing their car in their own park lot, may help to contain/control the problem as only one small area is designated wet. Residents may then book timings for their car wash in designated area accordingly. More "lehchey" but may nip the problem in the bud.

RT is rather inconvenience in terms of public transportation. Because of this, there is good chance that majority, if not all, of the residents are car owners. Understand from the agent that the number of car park space is RT is about the same as number of units (about 325 lots available). This could be a big problem if some owners may have two cars, where can they park?
I hope we don't have to drive around at night in the car park to find parking space like living in a busy shopping center.

Unregistered
09-05-07, 17:08
RT is rather inconvenience in terms of public transportation. Because of this, there is good chance that majority, if not all, of the residents are car owners. Understand from the agent that the number of car park space is RT is about the same as number of units (about 325 lots available). This could be a big problem if some owners may have two cars, where can they park?
I hope we don't have to drive around at night in the car park to find parking space like living in a busy shopping center.

If every unit has their own designated parking lot will help to save time in the long run. Imagine you can just zoom into your own lot and in the morning you know exactly where to look for your car if there's more than one driver in the family. I think will save everyone alot of time in the long run and also avoid potential arguments among residents arguing about their favourite parking space.

BTW, i thought there were 330 parking lots

Unregistered
09-05-07, 17:25
You all living in condo for the first time is it? Condo owners have unwritten and unspoken rules and ethics about parking spaces. HDB dwellers will not know these rules because they have been used to KIASU attitudes back in the HDB estates.

Now that you people are going to live in a condo, please be more gracious and courteous about parking and other stuff. We don't want others to complain that RT is a HDB-upgrader condo with all the bad HDB attitudes and habits.

Thank You.

Unregistered
09-05-07, 17:43
You all living in condo for the first time is it? Condo owners have unwritten and unspoken rules and ethics about parking spaces. HDB dwellers will not know these rules because they have been used to KIASU attitudes back in the HDB estates.

Now that you people are going to live in a condo, please be more gracious and courteous about parking and other stuff. We don't want others to complain that RT is a HDB-upgrader condo with all the bad HDB attitudes and habits.

Thank You.

If RT is a HDB upgrader project I would not be as worry. There are plenty of parking spaces at HDB public parking at night as most residents don't have cars. Unlike other condos, you can't park your cars at the side streets if the situation is bad such as Johnnny's family holding a big birthday party for all his welathy relatives and they have taken up 30 parking slots for the night.

Unregistered
09-05-07, 17:49
Unwritten rules and unspoken rules only work if there's ample parking space. If there's plenty of space for everybody, even HDB dwellers can be very gracious.

This is what we call the animal instinct (unwritten law of the animal world). If you come home late and can't find a place to park after driving round and round for 30 min, i wonder how gracious can you be :)

Unregistered
09-05-07, 17:56
Unwritten rules and unspoken rules only work if there's ample parking space. If there's plenty of space for everybody, even HDB dwellers can be very gracious.

This is what we call the animal instinct (unwritten law of the animal world). If you come home late and can't find a place to park after driving round and round for 30 min, i wonder how gracious can you be :)

Is it a standard for condo project that number of parking slots is only 5% more than the number of units in the condo project? It would be nice if the developer make can make the temp parking lot outside the showflat permanent even though units facing that space would certainly complain.

Unregistered
09-05-07, 18:05
The condo that i am staying right now is a low density project, only about 100 units. There' s ample parking lots in the basement and numerous families have 2 cars but no one is complaining. Why? Because there's still enough lots for everyone to live at peace with one another.

At RT with only 330 lots to cater for 315 units, even if every unit is entitled to only one carpark lot, on days when there's an additional 20 to 30 visitors cars due to ongoing parties, there would be chaos.

Not forgetting agents who would be parking their cars as well if RT prove to be popular and subsale activities are high?

I would say: "Prevention is better than cure"

Unregistered
09-05-07, 18:08
Is it a standard for condo project that number of parking slots is only 5% more than the number of units in the condo project? It would be nice if the developer make can make the temp parking lot outside the showflat permanent even though units facing that space would certainly complain.

I am afraid: The temp carpark space outside showflat does not belong to RT. It is "state land" and need to be replanted with trees when condo is ready and "return" to the government.

Unregistered
09-05-07, 18:50

If you want to buy a second car, you may want to consider buying a "Rover"
There are plenty of space around RT that you can park provided your car can handle the rugged terrain

Unregistered
09-05-07, 19:33
Sorry, I already got offer for 650 psf.

Huh !!
Just sent in an ST Ad to put my 1290 unit on the market for 600psf.
Does it mean that pple will grab???

Unregistered
09-05-07, 20:18
Huh !!

if someone offer you 600psf you can always reject and said you changed your mind and ask for 650psf instead?

Unregistered
09-05-07, 20:24
what is the av market rate for RT now?
I thot it was around 600psf, for non pool facing, not exactly rail facing too, more like facing the road leading into the nature reserve

Unregistered
09-05-07, 20:34
what is the av market rate for RT now?
I thot it was around 600psf, for non pool facing, not exactly rail facing too, more like facing the road leading into the nature reserve

as there's not that many 2 bedders, i think 600 to 650psf is quite reasonable

Unregistered
09-05-07, 20:48
sorry, mine is 3 bedder.

Unregistered
09-05-07, 21:13
Huh !!

May not be the case. There are heaps of 3br for sale. Go and look at nationproperty.sg. There are only about 26 2-br and how many would actually be up for sale?

Unregistered
09-05-07, 22:34
as there's not that many 2 bedders, i think 600 to 650psf is quite reasonable

Assuming 1000sqf 2 Bedder, at 650psf, will cost 650K.

At 600psf, a 3bedder, will cost about 100K more, with 300 sqf more of space !!

effectively, you are only paying 333psf, for the additional 300sqf, figures??

shouldn't the 3 Bedder be the more economical choice, if one can afford a 100Gs more?

Unregistered
10-05-07, 07:53
facing railway => noise

which do you prefer?

May I know where is the exact location of the bin centre? Thank you.

Unregistered
10-05-07, 11:08
Report on Hillview landslide:

From the pictures provided in the newspaper Straits Times today, the slope facing the terrace houses in Hillview look very similiar in "closeness and steepness" to our slope at RT facing units in blk 97 and 99.

Residents who bought units facing the slope should enquire from developer regarding the preventive measures taken to prevent landslide from occuring. Agents normally would say it's very safe lah but it better for us to be "safe than sorry". When i was at the bukit timah visitor center the other day, was informed by the guide that the two of the walking trails (including Tuip Tuip) have been permanently cordoned off due to frequent mudslides.

Anyone know EXACTLY what fixtures the developer is doing for the slope facing the landscape garden to ensure incident such as above is essentially nil?

Unregistered
10-05-07, 19:32
can someone advise whether there is a #06 in blk 83 or #05 is the highest? I was told there's 6 storeys according to the site plan.

jrdl
10-05-07, 19:45
Blk 83, unit 7 & 8 - highest 5th floor, unit 9 & 10 - 6th floor highest.

Unregistered
10-05-07, 20:18
Blk 83, unit 7 & 8 - highest 5th floor, unit 9 & 10 - 6th floor highest.

thanks alot for the clarification. do you have a unit in unit 10? I was looking at getting a unit in RT and one agent told me unit 10 is facing greenary, not railtrack, but another agency told me otherwise... getting all confuse now....

jrdl
10-05-07, 20:29
Unit 10 is track facing side. Have you been to the site to survey the area? The track is on lower slope and most of its view is blocked by shrubs and trees... you can hardly see it... unlike Garden Vista which is in your face...

Unregistered
10-05-07, 20:35
how about unit 8, do you consider it as track facing?

Unregistered
10-05-07, 20:39
Unit 10 is track facing side. Have you been to the site to survey the area? The track is on lower slope and most of its view is blocked by shrubs and trees... you can hardly see it... unlike Garden Vista which is in your face...

no yet, i will be going down tomoro with the agent. if facing track I hope the noise level is not that bad. according to the agent the train will pass by about 6 times per day and all in the afternoon, wonder how true is that.

jrdl
10-05-07, 20:39
Unit 8 is the corner unit - maybe partial track facing??

Unregistered
10-05-07, 20:42
how about unit 10? how should we classify its facing?

Unregistered
10-05-07, 20:43
how about unit 10? how should we classify its facing?

sorry, disregard this post.

Unregistered
10-05-07, 20:46
no yet, i will be going down tomoro with the agent. if facing track I hope the noise level is not that bad. according to the agent the train will pass by about 6 times per day and all in the afternoon, wonder how true is that.

mind sharing how much is the agent quoting?

Unregistered
10-05-07, 20:51
agent say go see first then talk about price, said def a good deal. i will update tomoro.

Unregistered
10-05-07, 20:52
yup, abt 6x to n fro, noise level is ok, takes less than a min to pass by.... somewhat like our mrt, just tt mrt is worse in tt it passes by every 5 mins...

jrdl
10-05-07, 20:53

I am not sure how often the train schedule is but been there numerous times and only witness once train passing by. The passing of the train last around 20 sec.

I understand from the agent and seen the fax from the developer regarding the units facing track. Only units with windows facing track are installed with double glazed glass. If you have been to Lincoln Modern showroom and look across the road at the contruction of Park Infinia, you will be amazed at the silence.....

I just hope the developer will not remove the installation of double glazed glass now that they realised the distance is further than anticipated. My agent assure it won't... I hope so...

Unregistered
10-05-07, 20:54
thanks anyway.

hope the discussions here will help you gauge "roughly" what is considered to be in the ball park of a good deal.

Unregistered
10-05-07, 20:59
yup you guys are great.

rainman
11-05-07, 01:57
I find it difficult to grasp all the fuss on the occasional noise from the railway track. Couldn't one assume that those units facing the pool area are much more exposed to noise as the sounds of adults and children playing, chatting and giggling there is echoed from the pool surrounding buildings ??? :tongue2: :banana:

Unregistered
11-05-07, 08:18
noise level is the same whether units facing track or not facing track, in fact
higher floor units will be affected most, anyway i dont think is an issue, as train passes within 20 sec

Unregistered
11-05-07, 15:37
Not True! I stay in Condo and on the 18th floor........ No Sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jrdl
12-05-07, 00:03
Try staying in Condo near expressway, the higher the noiser

Unregistered
12-05-07, 08:57

agreed, totally

Unregistered
12-05-07, 11:05

Can't agree more. Once I went to see a condo along PIE... As I moved up higher, it just got a lot noisier.

Unregistered
12-05-07, 19:51
Do help to confirm with the agent when you go and view the place. I just went recently and the units facing tracks have normal windows (as opposed to double gazed) and neither is it tinted from the evening sun.

Do post your findings here. Thanks in advance.

Unregistered
12-05-07, 20:45
I read that from this forum and also from some ST Ads that TOP is 1st Qtr 2008, how firm is this? anybody got any confirmation from developer?

Thanks.

Unregistered
12-05-07, 21:04
I read that from this forum and also from some ST Ads that TOP is 1st Qtr 2008, how firm is this? anybody got any confirmation from developer?

Thanks.

If you ask the developer, they will say end of next year, the legal expected date of completion.

When i chat with the foreman there, he's pretty confident that it will be completed by end of this year, even late this year is possible. So TOP early next year jan/feb is highly possible if you allocate time for inspection and paper works.

Anyway, their progress seems pretty fast... more than half has exterior painted, almost all units have window grilles fitted, started to install window panes, landscape garden fittings have started, concrete fence almost all erected, tiling of kitchen and bathroom have started, some units even have internal walls painted....

Wouldn't have to wait long :)

Unregistered
12-05-07, 21:24
sounds good, I asked bcoz a friend "miscal" the expected TOP, and sold his existing apartment too early, ended up renting another flat just to tahan. Very inconvenient, having to shift barang barang in and out so many times.

I guess to be safe, better wait and see...

Unregistered
12-05-07, 21:32
sounds good, I asked bcoz a friend "miscal" the expected TOP, and sold his existing apartment too early, ended up renting another flat just to tahan. Very inconvenient, having to shift barang barang in and out so many times.

yep... in a rising market like now, no hurry to sell. you may be able to sell higher later anyways :)

Unregistered
12-05-07, 22:17
Hey All - Am considering a 3-rm unit at Blk 97. High floor #38.
Owner is asking for $900K. That works out to be roughly $685psf for 1313sqft.
I like the fact that it's a corner unit, tucked in the forest... away from the rest. What do you guys think? Your comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

Unregistered
12-05-07, 22:57
I like the fact that it's a corner unit, tucked in the forest... away from the rest. What do you guys think? Your comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

As RT is a high density project, not all will appreciate pool view becos tendency is that not only you have pool view but all your neighbours are quite near by and can look into your unit, less privacy and view is "crowded"

#38 is a corner unit, so ventilation is better. Another pro is that you don't look into your neighbours so you have more privacy. Also when you look out you see trees so that's quite nice. Only thing is at nite when you look out it will be pitch black, so no view when dark. Also heard that trees are quite close by and quite tall, some as tall as 9th/10th floor (if you view from bicycle track) so what you see may be limited. And for units facing forest, may have higher chance of insects/butterflies flying into your unit. Also have afternoon sun but may be blocked by high trees (not too sure on this).

All pool view, forest/reserve view, rail track facing have their pros and cons. Actually railtrack facing is also good in the sense that you get occasional noise from train which last less than a min but pricing wise it's much more competitive and also you don't look into neighbours unit so your view is "broader and further". Only thing is you have to worry whether anything will be built in front in the future which will block your view so pool view have this advantage becos its view is "fixed and will not change".

It all depends on what you like and what's more important to you :)

Unregistered
12-05-07, 23:09
There is a 3BR unit in ST ads today, going for $600psf.

But if the exact facing matters alot to you, I guess the excess of $85psf or $100K+ may be justifiable, for your future long term nest.

Unregistered
12-05-07, 23:11

Also pricing wise prefer not to comment due to conflict of interest. As an owner, of course i would like to see price to go up and would tend to see price as reasonable and value for money ;)

Unregistered
13-05-07, 10:07

i guess nearing to sep/oct this year, top date could be more firmed as completion will then be near its end and developer could give you a better estimate

Unregistered
14-05-07, 17:46
Earlier someone asked where is the bin centre?

It's under block 99, facing guardhouse, next to the entrance of road leading to basement carpark.

Unregistered
15-05-07, 05:28
Please could you advise if its worthwhile/beneficial to join the Raintree Owners Support Group. Do you discuss many relevant topics or is this forum more informative? Thank you for your response.

Unregistered
15-05-07, 09:04
Please could you advise if its worthwhile/beneficial to join the Raintree Owners Support Group. Do you discuss many relevant topics or is this forum more informative? Thank you for your response.
Silly question, its FOC llike any mailing list you can subscribe or unsubscribe, so you decide for yourself if you wanna join. Must be a RT owner fm what I know.....

Unregistered
15-05-07, 11:21
forum definitely more useful b'cos the pool of forummers so much larger.... err but guess a pte group can share more personal stuff and real operational probs, $$ issues, do MOs.... nothing really worthwhile or not, like u read, else delete

Unregistered
15-05-07, 13:49
How informative is this forum? All simple questions with answers you can just get by calling an agent who will be dying to provide you all the info you need.

My own condo's (not RT) internal group used to be lively upon TOP, discuss of all sorts of house planning stuff and neighbours gathering, etc. Nowdays only discuss operational & day-to-day issues once in a bluemoon.

Unregistered
15-05-07, 23:04
Nobody owes anybody anything to make sure people gain from this forum. How useful such forum is, depends on the voluntary contribution of individuals, who has a heart that is big enough to understand that they if they contribute and help others, one of these days he will also benefit.

So when i join, I dun expect that I must get something out of it, but if I can, I will try to contribute constructively, so as a whole, the interactions will grow constructively.

So what ever you read, the onus is on yourself to filter out who is helping and who is just bitching around, becos he is not benefitting. But dun let that discourage you, as such is the nature of a open forum.

If you are an owner, and really want more focussed discussion, join the RTOG email list that is initiated by Mike.

BTW, I am not mike

Unregistered
15-05-07, 23:44
Nobody owes anybody anything to make sure people gain from this forum. How useful such forum is, depends on the voluntary contribution of individuals, who has a heart that is big enough to understand that they if they contribute and help others, one of these days he will also benefit.

So when i join, I dun expect that I must get something out of it, but if I can, I will try to contribute constructively, so as a whole, the interactions will grow constructively.

So what ever you read, the onus is on yourself to filter out who is helping and who is just bitching around, becos he is not benefitting. But dun let that discourage you, as such is the nature of a open forum.

If you are an owner, and really want more focussed discussion, join the RTOG email list that is initiated by Mike.

BTW, I am not mike

What is really special about the thread on RT is that peoples are serious about discussing issues that are of interest and substance. I believe there is also thread on RT in another forum which is equally active and interesting. Despite occasion silly comments appeared in these threads, they were generally being ignored and everything was back to normal very quickly. I have not joined the RTOG mailing list, but I have a strong feeling that this and the other threads on RT serve everyone really well.

Unregistered
16-05-07, 00:06

$600+ is not expensive in today's market. Having said that you may still wanna squeeze a few bucks out of the seller. :)

Note that a few new launches are coming up at Bkt Timah/Upper Bkt Timah area.... Cascadia (~$1,300psf) and Jardin (~$1,400psf). These two projects will certainly coz a repricing of the area.

Also, the new MRT stations for Bkt Timah line will be announced by early next year.... with the TOP... I believe you can easily find sellers asking for $700psf by then. Foreigners are not really looking at this area yet but that won't be for long.... The East Coast area (which is popular with mid-class foreigners) is pricing itself out of reach for most new buyers now. Expect more to look this way soon.

So, if you are seriously looking for a unit here.... grab before TOP.

Unregistered
16-05-07, 17:20
$600+ is not expensive in today's market. Having said that you may still wanna squeeze a few bucks out of the seller. :)

Note that a few new launches are coming up at Bkt Timah/Upper Bkt Timah area.... Cascadia (~$1,300psf) and Jardin (~$1,400psf). These two projects will certainly coz a repricing of the area.

Also, the new MRT stations for Bkt Timah line will be announced by early next year.... with the TOP... I believe you can easily find sellers asking for $700psf by then. Foreigners are not really looking at this area yet but that won't be for long.... The East Coast area (which is popular with mid-class foreigners) is pricing itself out of reach for most new buyers now. Expect more to look this way soon.

Unless the wages in Singapore for the masses can go up, the property uptreand is basically a bubble and will be ultra sensitive to external factors. This is the difference between economic fundamental Vs transient spike by foreign demand. In the last twenty years, we had already seen these sort
of cycles repeated quite a few times and numerous locals went bankrupt because of over optimism. Remember, buy within your means!

Unregistered
16-05-07, 18:19

Heard the sub-sale for this project is also heating up, spoke to the law firm that is processing my sale, there was a quite a number lately. Another reason for driving prices northwards ?? as the other projects in the area are simply outrageously priced. GV particularly!!
though I think 700psf-750psf is the max that RT will go, maybe by TOP. Still good for all owners...

Unregistered
17-05-07, 03:17
I got a 2 rm and some agents had approached me offering 540K max. I asked for 580K and they think that it is not possible at all and asked me to let go before potential buyers look elsewhere. I rejected their offers.

Any 2 rm condo now, even in HDB area, is easily above 500K. I don't believe why RT cant command such pricing.

Unregistered
17-05-07, 03:23
Do help to confirm with the agent when you go and view the place. I just went recently and the units facing tracks have normal windows (as opposed to double gazed) and neither is it tinted from the evening sun.

Do post your findings here. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone confirm this? If this is really the case, we should question the developer

Unregistered
17-05-07, 11:18
I got a 2 rm and some agents had approached me offering 540K max. I asked for 580K and they think that it is not possible at all and asked me to let go before potential buyers look elsewhere. I rejected their offers.

Any 2 rm condo now, even in HDB area, is easily above 500K. I don't believe why RT cant command such pricing.

Exactly! The 40K difference won't impact agent's comm so it's in his/her interest to persuade you to give in.

A yr ago, I had a friend who sold out his condo for $850K... agent said... don't sell, buyer will run.. this and that... Guess what! The same condo one level below was later sold at $920K.... only 2-3mths later.

So, if you are not in a hurry... wait up. RT should appreciate further.

Unregistered
17-05-07, 11:24
of couse the agent would ask the seller to let go the unit, getting less commission is better than nothing at all if the deal fell thru

Unregistered
17-05-07, 11:36
Exactly! The 40K difference won't impact agent's comm so it's in his/her interest to persuade you to give in.

A yr ago, I had a friend who sold out his condo for $850K... agent said... don't sell, buyer will run.. this and that... Guess what! The same condo one level below was later sold at $920K.... only 2-3mths later.

So, if you are not in a hurry... wait up. RT should appreciate further.
Yeah, I bought RT with the intention of staying there and not investing. Hence, I'm not hard up to sell unless the offer is too good to refuse. hahaha

Unregistered
17-05-07, 12:18
Yeah, I bought RT with the intention of staying there and not investing. Hence, I'm not hard up to sell unless the offer is too good to refuse. hahaha

Don't mind me asking - what was the price you bot at?

Unregistered
17-05-07, 15:16
Don't mind me asking - what was the price you bot at?
most original RT owners bot @ $430 - $520psf..... now prob can get close to $700psf for the higher and better facing units

Unregistered
17-05-07, 15:31
I was just told that there may be an MRT station for the new Bukit Timah Line at the vacant land besides Southhaven. If that is true, that would be good for all of us. Anyone heard anything about this?

Unregistered
17-05-07, 15:50
Fat hope.............................................................

做梦
17-05-07, 15:54
做梦,这些雨树的屋主简直是在做梦。

LTA
17-05-07, 15:56
All in RT,Bukit Timah drives.No need MRT.

Unregistered
17-05-07, 16:40
All in RT,Bukit Timah drives.No need MRT.

Not true. Maybe all families will have a car but still need MRT cos not everyone will get to drive especially teenagers. With MRT, more people who come to BT hill can come via public transport so improving traffic conjestion.

Unregistered
17-05-07, 16:43
Fat hope.............................................................
why not? that piece of land is state land. at today's market price, government is smart to use own land than to pay high price for en-bloc?

Unregistered
17-05-07, 16:45
[QUOTE=Unregistered]I was just told that there may be an MRT station for the new Bukit Timah Line at the vacant land besides Southhaven.

That's good news!! Hope it's true. Where do you get news from?

Unregistered
17-05-07, 17:37
做梦,这些雨树的屋主简直是在做梦。

Can't youn see owners of RT are highly educated?
Feel free to post your comments in either english or chinese, no translation is needed.

Unregistered
17-05-07, 18:09
做梦,这些雨树的屋主简直是在做梦。
我们有梦可以做,你呢?蹲在雨树路边吃酸酸的葡萄?

Unregistered
17-05-07, 18:12
I was just told that there may be an MRT station for the new Bukit Timah Line at the vacant land besides Southhaven. If that is true, that would be good for all of us. Anyone heard anything about this?
Unlikely cause that pot land can build another development. I would think that if the MRT station is to be in that area, it should be the bare pot of land beside the road /driveway into Raintree. Just my thoughts.

Unregistered
17-05-07, 18:23
我们有梦可以做,你呢?蹲在雨树路边吃酸酸的葡萄?

This is really funny! What are you trying to tell us? You mean you can read us but we can't "read" you?? I hope not becos the RT site is so popular that it is inviting participants from another dimension? hehehe...

Unregistered
17-05-07, 18:26
Unlikely cause that pot land can build another development. I would think that if the MRT station is to be in that area, it should be the bare pot of land beside the road /driveway into Raintree. Just my thoughts.

Well, maybe it is big enough to accomodate two? If confirm MRT is there, gov can sell the "balance" of the land at very very high price?

Unregistered
17-05-07, 23:06

What I heard is they are looking at a station near Courts. This plot is just opposite Courts so there may be some truth in this.

jrdl
17-05-07, 23:40
Originally Posted by 做梦
做梦,这些雨树的屋主简直是在做梦。

我们有梦可以做,你呢?蹲在雨树路边吃酸酸的葡萄?

This retaliation is a bloody good and funny one... laugh until my stomach cramped :not-worthy:

Unregistered
18-05-07, 00:17
This is really funny! What are you trying to tell us? You mean you can read us but we can't "read" you?? I hope not becos the RT site is so popular that it is inviting participants from another dimension? hehehe...
My IQ and EQ is not as high as yours, I don't understand your statement at all. So, are you from the other dimension?

Are you a RT owner? I hoped you are not.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 00:27
What I heard is they are looking at a station near Courts. This plot is just opposite Courts so there may be some truth in this.
The latest URA masterplan is not out yet, current version is still 2003 and the 2008 version would spell out everything. From the 2003 masterplan, the plot of land beside Southhaven and the land infront of RT are meant for Residential projects. Now that the land in front of RT had been split by the new drive way, it would not be suitable to build anymore residential projects but perhaps some amenities. Again, this is just my own judgement.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 00:36
Originally Posted by 做梦
做梦,这些雨树的屋主简直是在做梦。

This retaliation is a bloody good and funny one... laugh until my stomach cramped :not-worthy:
I'm looking forward to 做梦 reply. hehehe

Unregistered
18-05-07, 02:15
Hmm feels like I am missing something from the linguistic translation/ banter. Perhaps locally percieved humour retorted in local Chinese language may ironically sound "funny" in another way to those more attuned to the finer points of the language?

*confused by the other other dimension comment!

Anyway all are entitled to their own opinions, dreams or otherwise no?!? Hope no one would be sarcastic & rude by starting "better than thou" discussions here!

*Peace! :)

Unregistered
18-05-07, 03:44
My IQ and EQ is not as high as yours, I don't understand your statement at all. So, are you from the other dimension?

Are you a RT owner? I hoped you are not.

whoo.........whoo...........WHOO...........heheheKEKEKE...

Unregistered
18-05-07, 10:44
Downtown Line MRT station is opposite Beauty World on the designated state land to serve the Toh Yi HDB estate. No way it's opposite Courts lah... doesn't make any sense, HDB folks need MRT more than the private condo folks.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 11:07
Downtown Line MRT station is opposite Beauty World on the designated state land to serve the Toh Yi HDB estate. No way it's opposite Courts lah... doesn't make any sense, HDB folks need MRT more than the private condo folks.

But there are only a handful of Toh Yi HDB flats, doesn't provide economy of scale. On the other hand, private condo dwellers on the other side of the road far outnumber the no. of HDB dwellers. If plan is in place to have more residential projects in that area, then the need to facilitate a better public transport system is even more urgent. If having a MRT can cut down the frequency of car owners using their cars, then it argurs well for less congestion, better traffic and less population in that area. Moreover, having a MRT station near Bukit Timah hill is also for the good/convenience of the whole population of Singapore, not to mention the tourists as well.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 11:09
But there are only a handful of Toh Yi HDB flats, doesn't provide economy of scale. On the other hand, private condo dwellers on the other side of the road far outnumber the no. of HDB dwellers. If plan is in place to have more residential projects in that area, then the need to facilitate a better public transport system is even more urgent. If having a MRT can cut down the frequency of car owners using their cars, then it argurs well for less congestion, better traffic and less population in that area. Moreover, having a MRT station near Bukit Timah hill is also for the good/convenience of the whole population of Singapore, not to mention the tourists as well.

typo erroer: i mean less pollution, not less population

Unregistered
18-05-07, 11:42

Don't forget that there's still alot of empty state land near hill which can be deployed as residential area. If confirm MRT near hill, state land can be sold to developer with a heavenly profit. Just my thought.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 12:15
Stop the delusions and guesses, there's too much of these going on in this thread. Do you know how long it has been since the state land opposite Beauty World has been kept empty and unsold? Close to 25 years since the Beauty World open-air market was burnt down! This piece of land was kept unsold and unutilized for a key strategic reason - MRT station! Toh Yi estate just a handful of flats? Are you sure, have you ever walk/drive around this estate? It's not a big estate, but it's definitely not just a bunch of 5-10 blocks in the estate either. To be fair, location opposite Beauty World is in the middle of HDB and private estates further up north.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 13:02
Stop the delusions and guesses, there's too much of these going on in this thread. Do you know how long it has been since the state land opposite Beauty World has been kept empty and unsold? Close to 25 years since the Beauty World open-air market was burnt down! This piece of land was kept unsold and unutilized for a key strategic reason - MRT station! Toh Yi estate just a handful of flats? Are you sure, have you ever walk/drive around this estate? It's not a big estate, but it's definitely not just a bunch of 5-10 blocks in the estate either. To be fair, location opposite Beauty World is in the middle of HDB and private estates further up north.

To be even more fair, MRT station should sit right in the middle between these 2 plots, right in the middle of Beauty World. Fair enough?

Unregistered
18-05-07, 13:20
[QUOTE=Unregistered]Stop the delusions and guesses, there's too much of these going on in this thread.

Don't be selfish. You are not the only one reading this forum. There are other forumers who may be interested to know about the various possibilities. You can't stop us from discussing topics that are of interest to us albeit not of interest to you. Please be more civic-minded.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 14:11

Agree. Look at Botanic Gardens station.... many HDB there? A station is built there to give easy access to Botanic Gardens.

Same with BT Reserve... this will be taken into consideration.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 14:45
It doesnt matter where the exact location of the MRT station is gonna be. The presence of one in the area will already up our home value.

Personally, I would rather not have the train station too near Raintree. I'd rather keep the condo quiet and elusive, instead having streams of MRT communters near my home.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 14:58
The new BTL will surely bring much interest into this part of the island. If you compare the prices here to other parts of the island, surely we still have a lot more room to go.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 15:25
Agree. Look at Botanic Gardens station.... many HDB there? A station is built there to give easy access to Botanic Gardens.

Same with BT Reserve... this will be taken into consideration.

Agreed. Botanic Garden station is a good case to illustrate the point.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 15:29
It doesnt matter where the exact location of the MRT station is gonna be. The presence of one in the area will already up our home value.

Personally, I would rather not have the train station too near Raintree. I'd rather keep the condo quiet and elusive, instead having streams of MRT communters near my home.

On the contrary, the exact location of the station will make a huge difference to the price increase. However, I am happy already if one of the exits leads to BT hill.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 15:31
well, there is nus near botanic gardens station.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 15:57
well, there is nus near botanic gardens station.

NUS law school wasn't there when they decided on the station.

In any case, if NUS is the reason they hv a station there then we would have seen a station right at NUS main campus long time ago. Till now, the only one (Circle Line) which is still a very far walk for most students.... will be located next to NUH.

There're reasons for not allowing MRT stations too close to campuses. Another e.g. look at NTU. Students till need to board a feeder bus fr Boon Lay. The line could have easily go all the way to NTU campus.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 19:49
LOL I'm just playing the selfless uncivic-minded devil here. I can't stop you from deluding yourself of course if you want to, and if you want to delude yourself thinking that Bt Timah Hill is such a major attraction that the government has vested interests in drawing more maddening crowds to the tranquil nature reserve. Keep on dreaming...

[QUOTE=Unregistered]Stop the delusions and guesses, there's too much of these going on in this thread.

Don't be selfish. You are not the only one reading this forum. There are other forumers who may be interested to know about the various possibilities. You can't stop us from discussing topics that are of interest to us albeit not of interest to you. Please be more civic-minded.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 20:00
继续做我们的MRT梦??

LOL I'm just playing the selfless uncivic-minded devil here. I can't stop you from deluding yourself of course if you want to, and if you want to delude yourself thinking that Bt Timah Hill is such a major attraction that the government has vested interests in drawing more maddening crowds to the tranquil nature reserve. Keep on dreaming...

[QUOTE=Unregistered]

jrdl
18-05-07, 20:08
I dun think anyone is being deluded here...each is speculating where the MRT would be positioned based on their reasons.... all sounded reasonably valid.... it's a healthy debate but of course the final verdict rests on our own Garment... just keep the negativity out...

Unregistered
19-05-07, 09:17
I dun think it is completely inconceivable for the state land beside south haven to be used for the MRT station, because that will serve people local and tourist alike visiting the BT nature reserve. If this is a key objective, that will be a natural choice, and we can then call it the Nature Reserve Station.

Again, I think it will be good if it's there, even if it is not, any station near by is still a bonus to RTers....

Unregistered
19-05-07, 09:49
[QUOTE=Unregistered]继续做我们的MRT梦??

Whooo........... You are a fast learner, showing much progress, picking up our language so fast. Keep up the good work! Whoooooooo.........

RT sucks
19-05-07, 10:06
Your RT sucks alright? Not near town, D21, lousy ulu location, next to radio tower with radiation, You place stinks and has monkey, weird insects and snakes. Your prices will not be able to sustain no matter what you say.

Good luck to your lousy and cheapo investment.

Unregistered
19-05-07, 11:24
The LTA's masterplan is out with detailed description on each MRT's proposed concept, loaction and design. Instead of arguing here why not just use your connections to find out where the locations of the station are. I have asked and am satisfied with the answer.

Unregistered
19-05-07, 11:24
Your RT sucks alright? Not near town, D21, lousy ulu location, next to radio tower with radiation, You place stinks and has monkey, weird insects and snakes. Your prices will not be able to sustain no matter what you say.

Good luck to your lousy and cheapo investment.

In Jan-Feb, I bought some cheap penny stocks which I thought they were quite undervalued. I was looking for 50% gain in one to two years at the time, but I was wrong, I had since sold almost all of them for 80-150% gain.

For most RT owners, I think they bought their units at around 550-800K, I have no trouble to see the value for majority of RT units appreciate by 70-120% by 1st to 2nd quarter of 2008. I do have trouble to see those medium range condos (1.5-2.5 million per unit) appreciate by big margins though. Perhaps, 20-40% in two years from here probably is max you can ask for barring no bad news in the next 12 months. If China stock market bursts or worse bird flu hits Asia, the high end and medium range condos will take the most severe hit.

I have been investing in property and stock for than 25 years and has been lucky to stay well above water at this point after quite a number of down turns. One lesson that I learn is that never too over optimistic about any investment and pay a lot attention to risk premium in any investment evaluation.

Unregistered
19-05-07, 11:29
Point is right. In Singapore, there can never be certainty from the way the economy is going. At least for right now. Had make some major investments all the way from 2003 in stocks till now. Cumulative gain for some counters is at an average of 500%. Roller coaster might be having south in the near future as senseless increment in prices does not conform to logical foundational analysis. There is a time for everything and I guess time is the most important aspect when you make your decision for major purchase/investments.

Unregistered
19-05-07, 11:33
The LTA's masterplan is out with detailed description on each MRT's proposed concept, loaction and design. Instead of arguing here why not just use your connections to find out where the locations of the station are. I have asked and am satisfied with the answer.

Is this available online?

Unregistered
19-05-07, 11:54
I'm afraid not my friend. Masterplan is usually kept confidential at the higher management level. That is why you need to use your connections. But fear not if you are a RT owner. Good news on the way.

Unregistered
19-05-07, 12:54
I'm afraid not my friend. Masterplan is usually kept confidential at the higher management level. That is why you need to use your connections. But fear not if you are a RT owner. Good news on the way.

Care to share more of your privileged information with us since you have the connections but we don't?

Unregistered
19-05-07, 13:08
Oh sure, I'm going to believe information from an anonymous post generated by a dog behind the computer. My source tells me that not only a MRT station is coming, there's going to be a bus interchange, airport, zoo, and woodbridge hospital coming! Hurray!!

Unregistered
19-05-07, 13:21
Is this available online?
http://spring.ura.gov.sg/dcd/eservices/sop/main.cfm?view=mpview

Masterplan 2003 though.

Unregistered
19-05-07, 14:38
Oh sure, I'm going to believe information from an anonymous post generated by a dog behind the computer. My source tells me that not only a MRT station is coming, there's going to be a bus interchange, airport, zoo, and woodbridge hospital coming! Hurray!!

Listen, you name calling bastard!
There is no place for low class idiot like you in this forum!

Unregistered
19-05-07, 15:07
[QUOTE=Unregistered]Listen, you name calling bastard!
There is no place for low class idiot like you in this forum![/QU

Cool it. Just ignore him/her. Not worth it to get yourself upset over his/her remarks.

Ignore him/her and he/she will go away.

Have a good day :)

Unregistered
19-05-07, 16:35
[QUOTE=Unregistered]Listen, you name calling bastard!
There is no place for low class idiot like you in this forum![/QU

Cool it. Just ignore him/her. Not worth it to get yourself upset over his/her remarks.

Ignore him/her and he/she will go away.

Have a good day :)

Fully agreed. We are gracious folks at this forum and intend to keep it this way ... :)

Unregistered
19-05-07, 19:14
Ooohhh, looks like somebody just lost it. What a disgrace to RT owners!
I'm back, I'll be back, hasta la vista, cry-baby!

Listen, you name calling bastard!
There is no place for low class idiot like you in this forum!

Unregistered
19-05-07, 20:33
Ooohhh, looks like somebody just lost it. What a disgrace to RT owners!
I'm back, I'll be back, hasta la vista, cry-baby!

Listen up
Owners of RT are probably too nice peoples to deal with punk like you,
You dare to meet me up somewhere so I can really fix you up and I am sure your mama will appreciate it

Unregistered
20-05-07, 09:07
hi guys- haven't been to the reserve for a few years and managed to go there yesterday. was really attracted to the raintree condo. don't know why i didnt know something was building there :( may i know what's the resale price now? would like to consider getting a unit there. thanks and have a nice weekend.

Unregistered
20-05-07, 09:43
about 620 - 650psf now

Unregistered
20-05-07, 10:28
hi guys- haven't been to the reserve for a few years and managed to go there yesterday. was really attracted to the raintree condo. don't know why i didnt know something was building there :( may i know what's the resale price now? would like to consider getting a unit there. thanks and have a nice weekend.

For the 3-BR rail facing unit (1270 sqf), one ad in ST yesterday asking for 580 psf for a third floor unit.

Developer set the price differential between these (rail facing) and pool facing units by about 80 psf from day one. Although for the last 20 units (all pool facing) sold, the differentials were much higher as the rail facing units sold out much earlier and developer raised price for the remaining units by quite a lot. The last unit sold (3+1 pool facing) by developer was at 650 psf. Based on yesterday's ad, the differentials for these two types of units are more or less unchanged from early days in subsale market. Since most owners for rail facing units bought much earlier for relatively low price, hope there is room for negoiation.

Unregistered
20-05-07, 14:15
Great news for rail-facing RT owners! Not only MRT is coming, the KL-Singapore high-speed railway is coming your way too outside your windows at the minimum speed of 150km/h to 300km/h every 1-2 hours . Get ready your ear plugs, double-glazed windows, and sound-proofing facilities! You gonna need these real bad!

Unregistered
20-05-07, 14:25
Great news for rail-facing RT owners! Not only MRT is coming, the KL-Singapore high-speed railway is coming your way too outside your windows at the minimum speed of 150km/h to 300km/h every 1-2 hours . Get ready your ear plugs, double-glazed windows, and sound-proofing facilities! You gonna need these real bad!

If they decide to build the high speed train, most likely the terminal will be at the border (woodland). Even if they decide to use the same route as existing train, there nothing to worry about as current high speed train technology is mainly using levitational technology and the train actually suspends from the track by a couple of mm when it is in motion and does not make direct physical contact with the track beneath it. As such, it will be very quiet in comparing to conventional trains.

Unregistered
20-05-07, 14:28
If they decide to build the high speed train, most likely the terminal will be at the border (woodland). Even if they decide to use the same route as existing train, there nothing to worry about as current high speed train technology is mainly using levitational technology and the train actually suspends from the track by a couple of mm when it is in motion and does not make direct physical contact with the track beneath it. As such, it will be very quiet in comparing to conventional trains.

MRT for the BT line will be run mostly underground and there is nothing to worry about also.

Unregistered
20-05-07, 15:32
This high-speed rail is worrisome indeed. From what I know:
Project start/end:
KL Sentral/Marina Bay

Stations:
KL Sentral - KLIA - JB Sentral - Marina Bay

JB/S'pore portion:
Elevated track (27km) from JB Sentral to tanjung pagar [above KTM rail – KTM rail to be upgraded to double-track rails by project promoter in return for use of right-of-way]
Underground track (3.5km) from tanjung pagar to Marina Bay

Elevated tracks mean that there's going to be double the noise level at times.

Unregistered
20-05-07, 15:42
Guys guys... relax! The high speed train aint going to happen. M'sian govt has made it clear that if the private sector wants to build it then fine, they will give their blessings. YTL has submitted a plan.... they will build it but lease it back to M'sian govt. According to reports published in M'sia, the govt said NO NO.... leasing price is too high.

Some learnings -- In Europe where you have the TGV and ICE... all fast trains... doing very bad business coz of competition fr low cost carriers. Soon the KL-SIN air route will be liberated.... expect more airlines to fly here... Competition will drive costs down. Hence forth, not financially feasible for a high speed train to operate. Start up cost is too high but returns not assured.

So RT owners, don't worry :)

What you will probably see soon is.... MRT line from Woodlands going into JB, connecting to the monorail they're going to build there.

Unregistered
20-05-07, 16:15
A statement from the Malaysian Railway (KTMB).....

'Recently there was a private proposal to build and operate a high speed line between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. As far as KTMB is concerned, we prefer to concentrate on modernising the existing infrastructure through double tracking and electrification from Seremban to Johor Bahru or Singapore. In this way the huge investment in the railway infrastructure will not solely benefit passenger services, but also freight trains on the existing and well-connected network. Double-tracking and electrification of the existing network would improve our capability, and offer the greatest overall benefit to the country.'

Unregistered
20-05-07, 16:26
A statement from the Malaysian Railway (KTMB).....

'Recently there was a private proposal to build and operate a high speed line between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. As far as KTMB is concerned, we prefer to concentrate on modernising the existing infrastructure through double tracking and electrification from Seremban to Johor Bahru or Singapore. In this way the huge investment in the railway infrastructure will not solely benefit passenger services, but also freight trains on the existing and well-connected network. Double-tracking and electrification of the existing network would improve our capability, and offer the greatest overall benefit to the country.'

As I understand, the railway guys have embarked on a $9billion upgrading project. So we shall expect more comfortable rides but the new tracks won't be able to support high speed trains. Also, I don't think it makes much sense for a private company to build an alternative line for high speed train between KL and SIN. The market is not that big for two lines.

KTM
20-05-07, 16:41
Singapore Business Times 09 Aug 2006

Mahathir cool towards KL-S'pore bullet train plan
M'sian population not big enough for two train companies, he says

By PAULINE NG
IN KUALA LUMPUR

FORMER Malaysian prime minister Mahathir Mohamad has poured cold water on the current administration's plan for a possible bullet train linking Kuala Lumpur to Singapore.

He said Malaysia did not have a big enough population to support two railway companies - one proposed by YTL Corp and the other, current national railway company Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM).

It is not the first time YTL has proposed a fast train to link the capitals of the two countries. Some eight years ago, YTL's proposal for a bullet train between both capitals was rejected by Dr Mahathir.

Recently, the power, infrastructure and property company floated the proposal again - but this time under PM Abdullah Ahmad Badawi's so-called private finance initiative.

Dr Mahathir, who is now on the warpath with Mr Abdullah, said he did not have the details, or whether the train would even go to Singapore. 'It was proposed during my time, but it was not yet suitable. Maybe now it is suitable.' Asked why the project was not implemented, he replied: 'There were problems. It's difficult to elaborate, lah.'

Mr Abdullah's administration, which wants to turn South Johor into a special economic zone, has been warmer to the high-speed train idea. The Transport Ministry has already given YTL the go-ahead for a feasibility study of the project, which if implemented would shorten the 325km journey to 90 minutes, compared to over six hours now.

While YTL has been the first to go public with its intention, Mr Abdullah said other companies have also expressed their interest in a similar plan and would be invited to submit their proposals as well.

Singapore's Ministry of Transport has said both governments have not held any discussions on YTL's proposal.

Critics of YTL's RM8 billion (S$3.4 billion) train initiative have already panned it as too costly, and harmful to the interests of various national companies such as Malaysia Airlines and toll road operator Plus. It would also likely spell the demise of KTM.

Dr Mahathir said Malaysia could have only one train firm. 'Well, you can't have two train services; you can have only one. Of course, in Japan, they have so many train services - but they have 130 million people.' Malaysia has 26 million people.

Dr Mahathir had approved a plan to double-track the national railway grid for a staggering RM14.5 billion prior to stepping down in 2003, but it was shelved by Mr Abdullah.

His reversal of Dr Mahathir's decision along with other policy U-turns - particularly the scrapping of the proposed bridge to replace the Causeway between Malaysia and Singapore - has greatly irked Dr Mahathir, who has labelled the present administration as 'gutless' and 'half-past-six'.

Dr Mahathir has intensified his attacks on his successor in recent weeks, accusing Mr Abdullah's son-in-law Khairy Jamaluddin of being the real power behind the throne.

On Monday, Dr Mahathir indicated that Mr Abdullah should not complete his first term, which will expire by 2009. 'If we have a prime minister who sold the country, why wait for five years? We have to take early action. If he sold the country, there's no need to wait five years. We must not always say we support the prime minister.'

Unregistered
20-05-07, 21:20
why are everyone so concerned abt the bullet train/BT mrt line, both are going to be implemented so many years from now, by then most people would have upgraded or moved away...with the BT MRT line, most residential areas would have been covered by the MRT (ie BT/circle/downtown), so RT might not command a premium,(at best, all properties prices would go up)...

Unregistered
20-05-07, 21:22
What's the relevance of posting a report that's almost a year old?? And what's the point of quoting Mahathir who's not in power and almost dead lying in hospital now.

Unregistered
20-05-07, 22:00
What's the relevance of posting a report that's almost a year old?? And what's the point of quoting Mahathir who's not in power and almost dead lying in hospital now.

I guess he's just trying to highlight the points which are against the project. I kinda agree with that though. Don't think it will happen.

Unregistered
21-05-07, 15:25

He may not be in power but he still hv lotsa influence. Noticed why Badawi never confronted him?

The double track rail which was initially shelved is now on again.. Why? Coz Badawi has no choice lor..... And the bridge between SIN and Johor which was scrapped by Badawi is now a possibility again... Why? Coz Mahathir is still powderful lor... Don't underestimate the "Father of Modern M'sia" :)

kelvin
23-05-07, 13:06
Good news for rail-facing units.
Did some research.......on site survey umpteen times already.
Units facing the railway are south-west facing. These units would not be facing the afternoon sun now (the hottest period on the calendar). The sun appears hottest in the north-west now as experienced for the last few days when it doesn't rain.
For the next half of the year, the sun will slowly move back west, and then move south-west (22 degree below the west direction). But by then, these are the cooler months and more rain are expected nearer to Nov-Dec.

Which means railway facing condo would usually enjoy the brightness of light without bearing the full brunt of the heat from the sun.

Also, according to feng shui, south-west facing units are good for family.
Coupled with the backing of the BT hill (translate to always having good backing/support).
Cheers.

kelvin
23-05-07, 13:42
I also wish to share my experience on the home loan that i took with UOB bank. Borrowers please note that there are multiple board rates when u take up a loan.
The bank would try to make you believe that there is only a board rate when you first take up their loan. Once signed on the dotted line, you are at their mercy. In the next few months, the bank would raise their board as much as 1% which happened to me. It makes me even more angry :simmering: when the sibor rates are falling during the same period.

So please take note of the multiple board rates and bank can at any time raise the interest at their own discretion. Choose carefully on the bank loan.

BTW, i am not the only one. It came out in the newspaper forums affecting many others. Utterly disappointed with UOB. I have always given local banks the first priority. Now i have no hesitation to switch to foreign bank once my lock-in period has ended.

Unregistered
23-05-07, 15:20
I also wish to share my experience on the home loan that i took with UOB bank. Borrowers please note that there are multiple board rates when u take up a loan.
The bank would try to make you believe that there is only a board rate when you first take up their loan. Once signed on the dotted line, you are at their mercy. In the next few months, the bank would raise their board as much as 1% which happened to me. It makes me even more angry :simmering: when the sibor rates are falling during the same period.

So please take note of the multiple board rates and bank can at any time raise the interest at their own discretion. Choose carefully on the bank loan.

BTW, i am not the only one. It came out in the newspaper forums affecting many others. Utterly disappointed with UOB. I have always given local banks the first priority. Now i have no hesitation to switch to foreign bank once my lock-in period has ended.
hi kevin,
thanks for sharing your experience. if you don't mind me asking, when did you sign up for the loan and how soon after signing did you receive news that the rates are going to go up? thanks.

i have a loan with hsbc. signed in mar06. prior to signing, they indicated that the rates are going to go up and that my rates will be based on the revised rates, which i accepted. since mar till now, there have been no change to my rates. mine is a smartmortgage loan.

Unregistered
23-05-07, 16:44
hi kevin,
thanks for sharing your experience. if you don't mind me asking, when did you sign up for the loan and how soon after signing did you receive news that the rates are going to go up? thanks.

i have a loan with hsbc. signed in mar06. prior to signing, they indicated that the rates are going to go up and that my rates will be based on the revised rates, which i accepted. since mar till now, there have been no change to my rates. mine is a smartmortgage loan.

UOB increased the interest by 1% within 6 months after i took up the loan in April 06'. My interest rate is now more than 4% and is going to increase again on the 3rd year. There is no point re-financing with the bank again. They will use the same trick. There is a penalty of $500-$800.
Wow.....looks like HSBC has hold the rate steady for more than a year.
What is your current interest rate?

Unregistered
23-05-07, 17:04
UOB increased the interest by 1% within 6 months after i took up the loan in April 06'. My interest rate is now more than 4% and is going to increase again on the 3rd year. There is no point re-financing with the bank again. They will use the same trick. There is a penalty of $500-$800.
Wow.....looks like HSBC has hold the rate steady for more than a year.
What is your current interest rate?
3.15%, and lock-in period is 1 yr.

Unregistered
26-05-07, 02:02
Hi to All Raintree Owners

I am also a Raintree condo owner of one unit in Block 99. I am as excited as you guys and wow the thread of this forum reached 729 replies and 25,727 views (as at today, 26 May 07).

Congratulation to all of you, I think Raintree will be a good home to all of us. And from all I know from this forum, you guys are cool, friendly, nice people.

Raintree was the first property I went for property-search, just fell in love with it and bought it on the very day (in Jan 06). I have never been so satisfied before ever since.

your neighbour
from Block 99

Unregistered
26-05-07, 12:31

I am also a Raintree condo owner of one unit in Block 99. I am as excited as you guys and wow the thread of this forum reached 729 replies and 25,727 views (as at today, 26 May 07).

Congratulation to all of you, I think Raintree will be a good home to all of us. And from all I know from this forum, you guys are cool, friendly, nice people.

Raintree was the first property I went for property-search, just fell in love with it and bought it on the very day (in Jan 06). I have never been so satisfied before ever since.

your neighbour
from Block 99

Yup , I agree . One of the most gracious forums , both here and the pther sinagpore condo forum. you may want to join Mike Chan's RT owners' group . Email him at [email protected] . Cheers !

Unregistered
26-05-07, 15:24
Yup , I agree . One of the most gracious forums , both here and the pther sinagpore condo forum. you may want to join Mike Chan's RT owners' group . Email him at [email protected] . Cheers !

I really find the threads at two forums serve everyone well. Have you joined RT owners' group hosted by Mike Chan? Care to share what sort of information being shared there?

I have a feeling the majority of contributers to RT threads are owners of RT and I think it is qute useful to have an open discussion forum for owners and prospective buyers of RT to share the information. Thanks

Unregistered
26-05-07, 17:54
I really find the threads at two forums serve everyone well. Have you joined RT owners' group hosted by Mike Chan? Care to share what sort of information being shared there?

I have a feeling the majority of contributers to RT threads are owners of RT and I think it is qute useful to have an open discussion forum for owners and prospective buyers of RT to share the information. Thanks

I'm thinking about it but haven't got down to joining them yet . But I do have a friend who's on it who finds it useful . Prob more useful once we actually move in I think.

There are some comments on this group around pg 10 to 15 , u have to plough thru I'm afraid . Mike himself talked about it .

lincoln
26-05-07, 20:26
question: what's the difference between a greenery view and reserve view? which blocks are they respectively?

Unregistered
27-05-07, 01:34
Hi Raintree Owners

I am also a Raintree Condo owner and I am proud to be the Raintree owner. I fell in love with the Raintree Condo at the first sight. Raintree was my first property visit when I decided that I would like to buy a property. It was a satisfactory purchase (in Jan 06). Whatever it is, I am fully contented with my purchase. I loved then and I am still loving it now, cant wait to move in.

Congratulation to the rest of Raintree owners.

I realised that this forum thread reached 25,727 views and 735 replies. Amazing.

yours sincerely
Your Raintree Neighbour

Unregistered
27-05-07, 02:09
Hi Raintree Owners

I am also a Raintree Condo owner and I am proud to be the Raintree owner. I fell in love with the Raintree Condo at the first sight. Raintree was my first property visit when I decided that I would like to buy a property. It was a satisfactory purchase (in Jan 06). Whatever it is, I am fully contented with my purchase. I loved then and I am still loving it now, cant wait to move in.

Congratulation to the rest of Raintree owners.

I realised that this forum thread reached 25,727 views and 735 replies. Amazing.

yours sincerely
Your Raintree Neighbour

Oops its a repeat entry, I didnt realise that my previous entry (see below) went thru.

your neighbour
from Block 99

Unregistered
27-05-07, 08:09
question: what's the difference between a greenery view and reserve view? which blocks are they respectively?

I believe, as the names suggest, reserve view are Blk 99 which faces BT hill reserve.
Those blk 91,93,95,97 are the ones that face greenery.

cheers.

kelvin
28-05-07, 13:57
I'm thinking about it but haven't got down to joining them yet . But I do have a friend who's on it who finds it useful . Prob more useful once we actually move in I think.

There are some comments on this group around pg 10 to 15 , u have to plough thru I'm afraid . Mike himself talked about it .

If there are useful things/info, please circulate them around.
Not sure what is the intention of this gp to make it "exclusive".
We should be helping out one another as RT neighbours.

Unregistered
28-05-07, 14:29

agree,
the participants of this forum have been outstanding in making this thread a huge success. There have been distractions along the way, but trouble-makers had failed to make any serious impact to this thread largely because of the sprit, discipline and standard upheld by the owners and supporters of RT

torneil
28-05-07, 19:17
Maglev trains? Be very afraid... you will get cancer from the radiation!!

Unregistered
28-05-07, 20:08

Please share your source for the information.

Unregistered
28-05-07, 20:28
Well, I think there was an article in Straits Times a few days ago on this issue about radiation from Magnetic levitation trains in China.

http://www.shanghaiist.com/archives/2007/05/28/shanghaihangzho.php

Unregistered
29-05-07, 00:15

Oh Pls! You know how much it is to build Maglev? Totally not feasible for this part of the world. Whoever's willing to finance it must hv too much $$$ to waste. So... don't dream abt it. Will NEVER happen.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 09:14
It is not about being exclusive, but rather as a form of authentication that you are indeed a RT owner. There are many agents here trying to do funny things. If you are indeed a RT owner, then why not join in? What is your concern if you have not join in yet?

Unregistered
29-05-07, 10:07
It is not about being exclusive, but rather as a form of authentication that you are indeed a RT owner. There are many agents here trying to do funny things. If you are indeed a RT owner, then why not join in? What is your concern if you have not join in yet?

Exclusive site for RT owners?
Does it mean everyone on that site must be owners?
Does it mean that every comments made will be of quality and with everyone interest in mind?
I understand that some property agents and constractors bought units at RT as well, so what is the reason to believe there will not be agents there trying to do the funny things?
The beauty of this site is that everyone are welcome to participate, but since it is an open forum, nothing can be taken for granted and everyone has to exercise judgement in assessing the information and comment posted. This is actually what makes this site great.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 12:37

Fact is, if you're not an owner, e discussion in this forum will probably suffice. Any owner's gp will serve as a more personal discussion avenue for e owners to settle nitty gritty stuff pre-TOP

Unregistered
29-05-07, 13:13
I agree, public forum is sufficient. Why gatecrash people's "AGM" if you have no vested interest?

Ron
29-05-07, 13:22
every condo has its own private mailing list, unless you stay in that condo u don't need to know the dirty linen that's hanging

kelvin
29-05-07, 13:42
Fact is, if you're not an owner, e discussion in this forum will probably suffice. Any owner's gp will serve as a more personal discussion avenue for e owners to settle nitty gritty stuff pre-TOP

I do agree if there are personal stuff that u guys may not wish to share.
But for things that may benefit others especially the RT owners, do share in future.
Regardless of information provided, we should be able to sieve out the genuine ones from those agents' comments.