PDA

View Full Version : The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Unregistered
02-04-07, 13:26
yah, the available units come from

3BR
units 22/21 rail facing rail
units 04 (showroom, pool facing)

3+1BR => pool facing unit 16 or 15 still avail

getting old, cannot recall the rest, can any RT owners who went down to showroom unit contribute the rest. thanks.

Unregistered
02-04-07, 15:42
Hi, was at showflat during lunchtime. 13 units available.

They are:
House no. 04 = 2nd and 3rd floor
HOuse no. 11 = 2 / 3/ 4th floors
House no. 15 = 3 / 4th floors
House no.16 = 2 / 4th floors
House no.19 = 2 / 3th floors
House no.20 = 2 / 3th floors

Now, deferred payment with 3% discount.
Heard this coming weekend, no more discount.

Unregistered
02-04-07, 16:00
Hi, was at showflat during lunchtime. 13 units available.

They are:
House no. 04 = 2nd and 3rd floor
HOuse no. 11 = 2 / 3/ 4th floors
House no. 15 = 3 / 4th floors
House no.16 = 2 / 4th floors
House no.19 = 2 / 3th floors
House no.20 = 2 / 3th floors

Now, deferred payment with 3% discount.
Heard this coming weekend, no more discount.

Typo error: Progressive payment with 3% discount, no more deferred payment

Unregistered
02-04-07, 21:13
Anyone converting the utility room to maid's room? We are considering this but the downside to this is storage space. Any suggestions?

Unregistered
02-04-07, 21:41
We also intend to convert utility to maid room. Can have something similar to double decker bunk bed, but without the lower bed. In this way, can make full use of the volume:
Upper level- bed
Lower level- empty storage space

only thing is, the DB box is also in utility room and that make space even more tight as you need to give allowance to open DB panel box. Moreover, the hinge of the DB box door is on outer end, (which I think is a bad design). Most fridges I believe will let you choose whether to have the door hinged on the left or right, you got the picture?
They could have the door hinge of DB door on the inner end as one then doesn't need to open the door fully. With present design, one has to give allowance for head space as well!

gonzalas
02-04-07, 23:17
wow! that's a good idea. we might consider doing that too! As for the DB box, there must be a way to change the hinge to the direction that you want. Think got to talk to the contractor/ID person for more ideas and to increase storage space. By the way, any idea who the ID is for the showroom? Anyone has recommendation for ID? Ivan teo of haier living seems quite good. Dunno what is his price tho.

lincoln
02-04-07, 23:59
I got a prelim estimate for covering the planter with timber. May cost about $1k including material and workmanship. Apparently, it has to be custom made to fit so cost a little more.

Am also thinking of converting kitchen into wet and dry areas, seems to be the "in" thing now.

Unregistered
03-04-07, 08:40
I got a prelim estimate for covering the planter with timber. May cost about $1k including material and workmanship. Apparently, it has to be custom made to fit so cost a little more.

Am also thinking of converting kitchen into wet and dry areas, seems to be the "in" thing now.
interesting.... can share your ideas on how to convert?

bearelite
03-04-07, 11:10
dear neighbours,
i appreciate all the helpful and constructive comments from all of u . I think this forum is doing really well , and from the looks of it , our residents' committee will be quite an active one . I hope some of u will run for it :)
again , let me reiterate : DO NOT FEED the monkeys !!!
thank u .

Unregistered
03-04-07, 11:47
for RT layout, quite difficult to convert to dry & wet kitchen esp if you extending out to the dining area, prob hv to hack the current kitchen cabinets and sink area n the glass window. alternative is to move ur dry kichen into the yard area

Unregistered
03-04-07, 11:50
Anyone knows whether we could fix windows in the yard area ?

lincoln
03-04-07, 13:07
The wet/dry kitchen may only be do-able for certain layouts.

For mine, I have the sink, cooker and hob on one side (just like the old showflat), so I plan to put a glass partition to enclose up that area as the wet kitchen. I am not a cooking person so I rather my wet kitchen be as small as it can be.

For the dry area, yup, need to hack the glass and maybe the low cabinets too and replace it with a countertop/table. Can check out the showflat of that condo opposite jurong lake and you will know what I mean.

Eventually, can always discuss with the ID, sure they will have better ideas to use the space wisely.

Unregistered
03-04-07, 16:21
Yard area comes under common area, so you're not allowed to install windows. Grilles I'm not so sure.

Unregistered
03-04-07, 18:36
Yard area comes under common area, so you're not allowed to install windows. Grilles I'm not so sure.
Yard area is not common area. It's inside your apartment and for your exclusive use only.

Unregistered
03-04-07, 18:39
Yard area is not common area. It's inside your apartment and for your exclusive use only.

I second that. Yard area: you have paid for it. So it is your private property.

Unregistered
03-04-07, 19:16
Hi, the yard is definitely private, not common property. However, whether one is able to install window or grilles depends on whether it will affect the external facade (look) of the building. The developer I heard will give guidelines on what we can or cannot do upon collection of keys.

At the moment although we stay on a ground floor unit with private enclosed space, we are not allowed to install shades on projected rollers which might affect the external look of the project. However, outdoor table with Umbrella shade is allowed. So it all really depends on what rules and guidelines the developer sets. The bottom line is that the developer would like to maintain a uniform homogenous look. That' s how i understand it. Hope it helps :)

Unregistered
03-04-07, 19:19
Hi, the yard is definitely private, not common property. However, whether one is able to install window or grilles depends on whether it will affect the external facade (look) of the building. The developer I heard will give guidelines on what we can or cannot do upon collection of keys.

At the moment although we stay on a ground floor unit with private enclosed space, we are not allowed to install shades on projected rollers which might affect the external look of the project. However, outdoor table with Umbrella shade is allowed. So it all really depends on what rules and guidelines the developer sets. The bottom line is that the developer would like to maintain a uniform homogenous look. That' s how i understand it. Hope it helps :)

Yes, this is right. Even though private space, you must not affect building's visual facade or structural integrity.

Unregistered
04-04-07, 10:39
Hi, this is just another wild idea for the planter....

If one is allowed to convert planter into a balcony cum storage space for light-weight stuffs, by having timber strip flooring which can be lifted up like a lid (like a coffin, touchwood!) that would be fantastic!!

Imagine another storage space of about (Area 4m square x~ 0.5m depth) =2 metre cube, can store a lot of things already.....heeheehee...

Unregistered
04-04-07, 13:58
Quite a few IDs recommend this, just that the hollow structure must be able to withstand a certain weight

Unregistered
04-04-07, 19:15
Quite a few IDs recommend this, just that the hollow structure must be able to withstand a certain weight

Hi, did the ID refer you to any place where there is a display model or any showflat with this done up? What is the approximate price to have this done? Thanks

Unregistered
04-04-07, 21:49

Would it be with timber strip then? Would there be water proofing issues to the items stored underneath any idea? tks!

heckler & koch
05-04-07, 01:57
Would it be with timber strip then? Would there be water proofing issues to the items stored underneath any idea? tks!

of course there will be. it is open to the elements, what do you think.

Unregistered
06-04-07, 01:20
of course there will be. it is open to the elements, what do you think.

Not exactly completely Opened to elements right? There will afterall be some protection by the timber strips? Albeit not completely?!?

Unregistered
06-04-07, 01:21
most IDs will take into account waterproofing issue for outdoor areas. they'll prob do a box-cabinet style underneath, similar to what you see on yachts storage areas

Unregistered
06-04-07, 11:54
Hi, there is an article in Business Times today which might be of interest to us in the future, for your information :)

Special Focus

Published April 6, 2007

ENVIRONMENT
Origin-ator of eco-friendly pest control business
By PAMELA CHEW

A PEST control business winning even one award for being environment-friendly might sound a bit of a contradiction, but not so for the family-owned company Origin Exterminators which has taken two awards for being eco-friendly.

One of the green alternatives Origin uses in its war against pests is a water-based misting method of pesticide dispersal. Unlike the traditional fogging method, this reduces air pollution significantly.
In an industry that relies heavily on toxic chemicals for pest control, Origin has stood out against using traditional pesticides but still manages to act effectively against infestations.
Origin is a trailblazer in the industry, and says it is the first in the world to achieve the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System certification.
And its efforts to sustain the environment were further validated last month when Origin won an award for best environmental reporting at the Singapore Green Summit. The award acknowledged the firm's success in transparent accounting and promoting environmental awareness in its business.
Origin develops eco-friendly pest management methods ranging from general services such as termite baiting to mosquito and rodent management for the residential sector, to more tailored and specific solutions for businesses.
One of the green alternatives Origin uses in its war against pests is a water-based misting method of pesticide dispersal. Unlike the traditional fogging method, misting reduces air pollution significantly.
And Origin believes that other businesses can be profitable by going 'green' too.
As a small and medium-sized enterprise (SME), Origin takes in about $8 million in annual turnover. While the company did not want to divulge its profits in detail, it said that profit takings are healthy enough for the bulk of it to be reinvested in research and development (R&D).
Director and head of R&D Carl Baptista said that businesses have to look at being eco-friendly from a different angle.
'Companies think that by going green, it may eat at their profits, but look at it this way - by going green, they would be targeting customers who appreciate the importance of sustaining the environment, and increasingly there are more of these people around,' he said.
There are some notable names in Origin's clientele. Hotels Ritz Carlton Millenia and Conrad Centennial, pharmaceutical firm Pfizer, the Singapore Zoological Gardens, the National Parks Board and various town councils.
The company emphasises that it does more than just render a service. Origin business development manager Deanne Ong said the pest control business is more than just spraying pesticides and killing pests.
'Anyone can just spray pesticides, but to control the pests well, you need to know when, where, why, and how to use it, so as to not harm the environment and affect the biodiversity,' Mrs Ong said.
Mr Baptista added: 'If you have a mosquito problem, we'll deal with them specifically and customise our methods so as to preserve other species of insects within the affected area.
'For instance, the Istana had a mosquito problem but they wanted to keep the cicadas chirping. . . . so we came in and developed a treatment that delivers the desired results.'
Origin's ability to kill pests while preserving biodiversity has seen luxury resorts knocking on its door for consultancy services.
'In the last four years, I've been a consultant for eco-friendly pest control methods for resorts under the Como and One&Only brands in the Maldives and Bali. . . . and in Mauritius, the national environment agency sought advice on methods to contain a vector-borne disease similar to dengue which was threatening tourism,' Mr Baptista said.
Origin has employed green practices for over a decade and it is no longer a conscious effort for the company.
'We started using green methods not only because ethically we felt it was right, but also because we thought it'd be a great marketing tool to differentiate ourselves from the competition. . . We did have sceptics, even within the company, but now being green is part of our idealogy,' Mr Baptista said.

Unregistered
06-04-07, 15:27

Hi Lincoln, I have also asked a contractor from Beauty World Centre to go down to Raintree showflat to check out the planter and give me a prelim estimate. According to him, the showflat unit is using parquet for the conversion. His estimate for material (using Chengai wood --meant for outdoor purposes) and workmanship is about S$1800 with 2 years warranty. Do you know whether your quote is for parquet (indoor) or chengai wood (outdoor)? Thanks.

Unregistered
06-04-07, 15:52
Anyone has any idea who is the contractor that did the planter conversion for Raintree showflat? We could get a quotation from them too.

Unregistered
06-04-07, 20:30
Just went to showflat today. Very impressed with showflat ID and adding $45K if buying it is good value. But I already bought my unit last year at $520 psf. With present selling price of $620 psf, my $100K plus cost avoidance will be more than enough to get similiar kilat ID as latest showflat. Will definitely spend it to make my RT a dream home in nature. Also went to foot of Bt Timah Hill. My 3 year old son was holding ice-cream in plastic bag and shit a fierce monkey just SNATCH the food from him. He got a big fright and cried loudly saying he don't want to go there any more. Neighbours please be reminded NOT TO FEED MONKEYS, else we might get siniliar experience if our love-ones walks home holding packet food from hawker centre and unfortunately encounter such "human feeded" monkeys who are daring enough. Perhaps Monkey also know how to bully small boys.

lincoln
06-04-07, 20:46
Hi Lincoln, I have also asked a contractor from Beauty World Centre to go down to Raintree showflat to check out the planter and give me a prelim estimate. According to him, the showflat unit is using parquet for the conversion. His estimate for material (using Chengai wood --meant for outdoor purposes) and workmanship is about S$1800 with 2 years warranty. Do you know whether your quote is for parquet (indoor) or chengai wood (outdoor)? Thanks.

The quote I have got is for Chengai wood. But it may not be as accurate as yours cos my ID hasn't seen the real showflat.

To find out which ID company did the showflat can check with the agent.

Unregistered
06-04-07, 21:37
Just went to showflat today. Very impressed with showflat ID and adding $45K if buying it is good value. But I already bought my unit last year at $520 psf. With present selling price of $620 psf, my $100K plus cost avoidance will be more than enough to get similiar kilat ID as latest showflat. Will definitely spend it to make my RT a dream home in nature. Also went to foot of Bt Timah Hill. My 3 year old son was holding ice-cream in plastic bag and shit a fierce monkey just SNATCH the food from him. He got a big fright and cried loudly saying he don't want to go there any more. Neighbours please be reminded NOT TO FEED MONKEYS, else we might get siniliar experience if our love-ones walks home holding packet food from hawker centre and unfortunately encounter such "human feeded" monkeys who are daring enough. Perhaps Monkey also know how to bully small boys.

I presume the actual cost for the ID should be more than 45K, wondering what is the market rate for the ID. The agent said the name of the ID firm is "expression ,,,something:. anyone bother to share the information, I guess we can just call the ID company to find out.

lincoln
06-04-07, 21:49
Expression Galleries.... that was the ID for the old show flat. Not sure if the new one is using the same company.

The agent has also told me that the ID of the current showflat cost $45k and that includes the furnitures and most things you see in the show room. I didn't probe for further details so anyone else who knows otherwise, please correct me.

Actually, a $45k budget for ID of a condo is rather generous already, especially if you don't intend to do any hacking or major modification of layout. Most of the ID packages for Condo are about $10k+.

Unregistered
06-04-07, 22:10
Latest news: 11 units left and as from today, no more discount given. Showflat #02-04 sold today too!

camelot
06-04-07, 22:12
Someone here asked -- What kinda fencing we will have at RT? Acc to the agent, it's going to be a solid concrete white wall around the perimeter.

Unregistered
06-04-07, 23:36

Agreed! Peoople should not feed monkeys! For all we know the monkeys may have had experience of bring fed by small boys ice-cream or otherwise,with the encouragement of adults.

Litterbugs too have a hand to play. Throwing ice-cream sticks and remnants on the floor. Have seen monkeys picking up sticks & wrappers with ice-cream bits leftover to munch on...

Unregistered
06-04-07, 23:41
Someone here asked -- What kinda fencing we will have at RT? Acc to the agent, it's going to be a solid concrete white wall around the perimeter.

That's too bad! The whitewalls would probably turn blackish in no time.. especially being so close to plants, trees & moisture...

Unregistered
06-04-07, 23:48
Expression Galleries.... that was the ID for the old show flat. Not sure if the new one is using the same company.

The agent has also told me that the ID of the current showflat cost $45k and that includes the furnitures and most things you see in the show room. I didn't probe for further details so anyone else who knows otherwise, please correct me.

Actually, a $45k budget for ID of a condo is rather generous already, especially if you don't intend to do any hacking or major modification of layout. Most of the ID packages for Condo are about $10k+.

Well guess there are some amount of custom work done in the showflat, like headboards, dressing tables, fales ceilings, full length wall mirrors, dining display unit, increasing electrical points, patchworks, decor items etc, and perhaps the 45k includes furnitures?

Unregistered
07-04-07, 00:41

Thanks.....good to know that it's solid concrete and not wooden, definitely feel more secure :)

Unregistered
07-04-07, 12:03

Wonder why the develper did not choose a more "woodish" colour like the dark brown that they use for the separating wall of the planter. Colour should be easier to maintain and in no time when climbers plants overgrow and cover the concrete wall, should look pleasing and natural as it will blend in very well with its natural surroundings....

jrdl
07-04-07, 16:41
Yeah... I find the brown a little too raw and chocolatey... dark deep brown would be more classy....

Unregistered
07-04-07, 16:45
Yeah... I find the brown a little too raw and chocolatey... dark deep brown would be more classy....

Deep brown wood? Ewwwww you mean classy like KTV lounge?

jrdl
07-04-07, 17:05
I don't know what u mean cos I have never been to a KTV Lounge.... deep dark brown like the chengai wood staircase of Lincoln Modern loft units....

Unregistered
07-04-07, 17:42
I don't know what u mean cos I have never been to a KTV Lounge.... deep dark brown like the chengai wood staircase of Lincoln Modern loft units....

It is okay. What about Chinese restaurants? Yeah I think I know what you are talking about... the deep dark wood like the ones they use in Chinese restaurant decor and furniture.

Unregistered
08-04-07, 01:09
"Some IDs are defalut tho.Like glass kitchen walls"

Read the above at another forum. Just to get some clarity if this is true? All along I thought it was a wall.

Precieux
08-04-07, 02:48

Read the above at another forum. Just to get some clarity if this is true? All along I thought it was a wall.

Believe it's true. Not walls per se though, its glass panels replacing half of 2 of the kitchen walls.

Never did clarify with them as it doesnt bother me either way. However, the floor plans in the RT sales brochure/ online reflects glass panels with universally recognizable diagramatic representations. (e.g. Walls as double lines, glass/ windows as triple lines, sliding quad lines, etc)

Best check with developer if you would really like to confirm this? :)

Unregistered
08-04-07, 07:50
I have earlier mentioned about DB box,.............. not all DB box is in utility/maid room, for some units, the DB box is in the store area (for shoes) just next to the main entrance door (fyi)

Unregistered
08-04-07, 09:15
Hi, have a feeling that carpark space might be a little too tight for RT. Only 330 carpark lots for 315 units and 2 shophouses and a management office and contractors. Maybe chaotic if someone holds a party..... where do the guests park their cars? And also families with 2 cars?

Just wondering what are the pros and cons of free parking versus alloted carpark lot to owner either random allocated by developer or by balloting? Will it help to avoid conflict/friction among residents in the future? Will be good to avoid forseeable problems rather than have a bad start with residents potentially arguing about carpark space.

Any comments? :)

camelot
08-04-07, 10:26

Yes. that's right. There's a glass wall (only top half) between the kitchen and the dining area.

camelot
08-04-07, 10:29
Hi, have a feeling that carpark space might be a little too tight for RT. Only 330 carpark lots for 315 units and 2 shophouses and a management office and contractors. Maybe chaotic if someone holds a party..... where do the guests park their cars? And also families with 2 cars?

Just wondering what are the pros and cons of free parking versus alloted carpark lot to owner either random allocated by developer or by balloting? Will it help to avoid conflict/friction among residents in the future? Will be good to avoid forseeable problems rather than have a bad start with residents potentially arguing about carpark space.

Any comments? :)

I believe the carpark lots will be allocated by the developer. It will make sense if they allocate the lots according to the location of the condo units. E.g. If you are a Blk 97, your carpark lot will be just right there... and so on. But I do agree that 330 lots are not too many. Maybe they're looking into allowing parking along the stretch of the new road leading into the dvelopment?

Unregistered
08-04-07, 11:11
I think allocating a designated carpark lot to each resident is a good idea. Imagine the time saved over the years if one can just "zoom into" his/her own carpark lot instead of driving round and round looking for empty lots. Can anyone check with the developer?

Unregistered
08-04-07, 11:16
I think allocating a designated carpark lot to each resident is a good idea. Imagine the time saved over the years if one can just "zoom into" his/her own carpark lot instead of driving round and round looking for empty lots. Can anyone check with the developer?

Another advantage: You can easily remember where you park your car the night before instead of trying hard to recall especially if there are more than one driver in the family? haha

Unregistered
08-04-07, 11:34
ya.... recalled one incident when my car won't open for me, same model, same colour but different license plate no ! I could easily have been mistaken as a car thief!! so embarassing....

Unregistered
08-04-07, 12:01
agent mentioned 1 carpark lot per unit

Precieux
08-04-07, 13:55
I have earlier mentioned about DB box,.............. not all DB box is in utility/maid room, for some units, the DB box is in the store area (for shoes) just next to the main entrance door (fyi)

Thanks! Good to know that it would be thoughtfully hidden, be it in Utility Rm or default shoe cupboard! Some developers don't bother with that at all, just leave DB exposed; although it would have been of course nicely covered in all showrooms! :)

Unregistered
08-04-07, 15:36
any idea what's the unit sales status as of today? still 11 units unsold?

Unregistered
08-04-07, 16:49
Hi RT residents,
I am your new neighbour. Bought a unit facing the railway months ago.
There is less than 10 units left. I believe it would be sold out soon.
There is a steady stream of buyers over the last 2 days. RT is hot property.
Many ppl still love to live near nature. Just visit those places near botanic gradens.........though cannot compare to the locations and landed pty.
Where else can you find condo at a nature reserve at such attractive price.
Don't believe those crap comments abt the monkeys. just don't feed them and look fierce to make them know that they are unwelcome.
They will just hang outside the residential areas where the public (when will these ppl ever learn) would feed them.

Does the new road leading to RT part of RT property?
Else i will be worried that the public would park there on weekends.

cheers
Kelvin

Unregistered
08-04-07, 17:18
Hi RT residents,
I am your new neighbour. Bought a unit facing the railway months ago.
There is less than 10 units left. I believe it would be sold out soon.
There is a steady stream of buyers over the last 2 days. RT is hot property.
Many ppl still love to live near nature. Just visit those places near botanic gradens.........though cannot compare to the locations and landed pty.
Where else can you find condo at a nature reserve at such attractive price.
Don't believe those crap comments abt the monkeys. just don't feed them and look fierce to make them know that they are unwelcome.
They will just hang outside the residential areas where the public (when will these ppl ever learn) would feed them.

Does the new road leading to RT part of RT property?
Else i will be worried that the public would park there on weekends.

cheers
Kelvin

While the developer may have helped to develop the road that leads to RT, believe it isnt part of RT property. However, we do have a right as residents to file complaints whenever there are cars parked illegally there. It's illegal & it obstructs traffic flow as the only road to & from the development. So we could all work together, lodge reports to authorities whenever anyone of us spot errant cars, am sure once word gets around, such behaviour would naturally stop in no time!

Cheers!

Unregistered
08-04-07, 19:20
any idea what's the unit sales status as of today? still 11 units unsold?

Just came back from showflat which was incredibly crowded. 6 units left. Have a feeling that all will sell out before the next weekend. Spotted quite a few serious buyers discussing with their agents. If you have not seen the showflat or would like to take a second look, better do it fast.

The new road Bukit Drive that leads to RT does not belong to RT. It is a public road but as the road is quite narrow, I doubt it's feasible to park along it as the two-way lane would become one-way. Imagine if you are driving toward RT and someone from RT is driving out, one would have to give way by reversing.

Hope there will be double yellow lines for the new road to prevent such bottleneck from happening..

bearelite
08-04-07, 20:39
Another advantage: You can easily remember where you park your car the night before instead of trying hard to recall especially if there are more than one driver in the family? haha

Yes , I think it's a good idea to have one alloted carpark per unit , underneath our flats if possible . Who can we speak to about this matter ?

bearelite
08-04-07, 20:44
Yes , I think it's a good idea to have one alloted carpark per unit , underneath our flats if possible . Who can we speak to about this matter ?

But then again , was thinking , some owners may not have cars . So that alloted space may be 'wasted'. Or maybe those who apply for a space can get one ? Or is the process too complicated ? Not sure what's best . We need someone who is experienced in managing condos to advise...

MC
08-04-07, 21:29
HI RT Owners,

This is mike from the user group. Sorry I was away in Qatar due to work and is back for good for a couple of weeks until I have to leave for barcelona again.

Its good news to see so many constuctive responses of you people in here. I shall formally circulate the cc list with some updates tomorrow evening.

On carpark allocation, based on experience (currently staying in a FCP condo), there is no private allocation of carparks to be fair on a 1st come 1st serve basis. As i understand now, 2nd car owners have to apply for a label for 2nd car on a FCFS basis and pay an additional fee if you wish to hava a 2nd parking lot as the space is limited.

On the monkey issue, monkeys' objective is just food. If we owners are responsible and stop feeding them or leaving food around and the maintainance team is cooperative enough not to leave rubbish around, without food they will stay way from RT. This will need the help of every residence here. As I know monkeys are protected animals. Causing harm in any ways to them might break the law and subjected to fines. Monkeys are part and parcel of the BT forest and we should respect them and leave them alone.

Road leading to RT is public property and there is nothing to stop the weekend crowds from illegal parking along the roads. If there would be blockage which affects our traffic flow, i think a photo with an official letter by the management to the TP would do the trick. This is singapore and illegal parkings will be taken seriously.

On reconstruction of PES, windows, yard etc, the rule is to determine if it is a public area exposed to outside. From my experience here, as long majority of owners put up in writing to the management on a certain design which is uniform and will not distort the image/view of RT from the exterior they are likely to agree. An of course, it will be up to the owners to challenge the contractor(s)' quote. More to be discuss in our owners' group as this is very sensitive.

Hear from you soon.

Unregistered
09-04-07, 00:53
Hi neighbours ! I find it amazing that this forum has achieved 9600 hits , the next closest condo is The Quartz at 2500 + hits . So much interest in this development , good for us who have already bought .

Unregistered
09-04-07, 01:17
I have a seller for a 3-bedrm facing the greenery on a high floor. Nice unit with no blockage. Asking $620psf. If interested, let me know.

Unregistered
09-04-07, 11:26
The power of forum to stir interest for the development.

Anyway this is good buy for a good location.

Look at all the prices of other condo, soaring beyond the affordability.

Unregistered
09-04-07, 12:00
I have a seller for a 3-bedrm facing the greenery on a high floor. Nice unit with no blockage. Asking $620psf. If interested, let me know.

Is this a serious seller? Do you think the seller is willing to let go at 560 psf?

Unregistered
09-04-07, 12:04
The power of forum to stir interest for the development.

Anyway this is good buy for a good location.

Look at all the prices of other condo, soaring beyond the affordability.

Since the beginnng of the year, transaction prices of many 20-30 yrs condos soars 30% in just one quarter. I guess speculators is betteing on enbloc sales. It seems that rampant speculation on propery and stock market is going on in many asian cities. It could be a bad omen. Scary!

Unregistered
09-04-07, 13:45
I have another seller, 3 rm pool-facing highest floor. Willing to let go at $800k neg

lincoln
09-04-07, 13:51
I have another seller, 3 rm pool-facing highest floor. Willing to let go at $800k neg

Hi are you the same person who has a unit facing the greenery for sale? Are you an agent?

Sorry don't mean to be rude but I am just thinking if this forum is the appropriate avenue for buying & selling units. Shouldn't that be going to the Classified?

Unregistered
09-04-07, 14:04
I'm interested in buying a unit here but not at the current cut throat price by the developer who is taking advantage of the situation by profiteering at $620 psf avg. Hence any sub-sale with resonable profit at eg. $560 psf is welcome. For an avg 1,300 sft size which bought at $510 psf, the sub-sale profit of $50K to $60K is OK. This website is about RainTree, be it discussion, ID, rental or sub-sale; all are welcome. As long as it is RainTree interest matters...

Unregistered
09-04-07, 14:12

Which unit number is this unit located? BTW, for pool facing unit, mid-floor unit has far more impressive view.

Unregistered
09-04-07, 15:10
I'm interested in buying a unit here but not at the current cut throat price by the developer who is taking advantage of the situation by profiteering at $620 psf avg. Hence any sub-sale with resonable profit at eg. $560 psf is welcome. For an avg 1,300 sft size which bought at $510 psf, the sub-sale profit of $50K to $60K is OK. This website is about RainTree, be it discussion, ID, rental or sub-sale; all are welcome. As long as it is RainTree interest matters...

Just a little curious. Would it be such a bad buy above 560psf? Afterall, we cant control the way the market is moving, and in reality, we cant stop people from profiting from it. We CAN of course choose to do without the unit that we desire in an attempt to not be affected by it. And this avoidance willl only benefit us if we can find something else that we like as much at a better price?

At 620psf it may seem a little pricey considering what it was bought for previously.But during that time, market sentiments werent as good?

Then again, with 620psf, we could have other choices in other developments as well. But the choices in other developments may also be limited given that many developments are getting pricier too these days. And to get similar pleasant facing & high floors at a location that one desires makes it more difficult? Of course other developments would have their own pros good like public transport which RT is weak in.

Guess, the other alternative is to sit out this crazy boom and wait for market corrections. How much would it be corrected and if it would hit the lows of yesterday is anyone's guess however. (No matter how low the last low prices were they were still higher than the lows of our father's time, it just keeps going up!) Hard to predict...

With SIN inc standards of living & more cosmo, we can only hope that it doesnt go the direction of other major cities in the world like Hong Kong, New York, London, etc. Even Shanghai & Beijing's condo prices are catching up... (though of course it has yet to reach 3000k/psf! :p)

IMO if its for investment, there may be other better value sub sale older developments to look at right now. If its for home, how many cycles can one sit out? And after sitting it out, will new developments for the location that we desire ever hit our desired low price of yesterday?

Any thoughts?

(BTW, I am NOT an agent, not am I trying to "talk the market up", the market is going up by leaps on its own with or without me & I do not pride myself with the ability to talk up the market on my strength alone. Just a genuine discussion!)

We can make it
09-04-07, 17:21
At 620psf it may seem a little pricey considering what it was bought for previously.But during that time, market sentiments werent as good?

Then again, with 620psf, we could have other choices in other developments as well. But the choices in other developments may also be limited given that many developments are getting pricier too these days. And to get similar pleasant facing & high floors at a location that one desires makes it more difficult? Of course other developments would have their own pros good like public transport which RT is weak in.

$620 psf for a 99 yr brand new Bukit Timah condo next to natural greenery, near elite schools, and accessible to the rest of Singapore thru expressways? The CBD and the city is but a 10 - 15 min drive down a straight road?

I don't see why not! $620 psf is a low price to pay for a high quality and unique condo like The Raintree. In fact $620 psf is what people pay for other 99 yr leasehold condos in less prime locations in HDB heartlands. Furthermore, those heartland condos all look the same, got MRT so what? Living there is the same as living in any other condo in any other HDB estate. In other words, boring.

I guess the advantage we have here is how UNIQUE The Raintree is - its location next to the rainforest, its residents, etc. We have to agree that it takes a special kind of person to really fall in love with The Raintree and to buy it. It is not just Dollars and Cents investment decision, we bought it because we really really love it and would like to live here.

Guess, the other alternative is to sit out this crazy boom and wait for market corrections. How much would it be corrected and if it would hit the lows of yesterday is anyone's guess however. (No matter how low the last low prices were they were still higher than the lows of our father's time, it just keeps going up!) Hard to predict...

For prices to hit the lows of yesterday, the Singaporean economy and society will also have to be as uncertain and depressed as yesterday. Back in the Asian crisis, Singapore survived better than other Asian countries. Today, Singapore can survive even better than the last time. If you analyse property prices in the past 30 to 40 years, you will find that property prices always drop when economy is bad, future is uncertain. When future is certain, even if economy not so good, property will still be healthy. Right now, the future is very certain, and certainly very very bright.

With SIN inc standards of living & more cosmo, we can only hope that it doesnt go the direction of other major cities in the world like Hong Kong, New York, London, etc. Even Shanghai & Beijing's condo prices are catching up... (though of course it has yet to reach 3000k/psf! :p)

Singapore is moving into a new phase, just as Singapore property in 1990's is not the same price as Singapore property in the 1980's. Singapore's economy and society are moving very quickly ahead. This is called EVOLUTION.

As Singapore enters into that exclusive club of highly-developed nations, there will be very big foreign money coming into Singapore, not to mention many of our own local citizens becoming very rich by world class standards. The way of life and living standards in Singapore are also going to be world-class. All Singaporeans will want to aspire towards this world-class living standard, which is definitely going to be far removed from life in HDB estate. Neighbouring the nature reserve, lush greenery, on the hillside, now that's what I call world-class quality of life. Any foreigner from any country will see The Raintree as a superior, resort style development, simply because of its location.

Do you want to be left behind in this fast changing world? By purchasing a piece of the gracious lifestyle now at The Raintree, you are in fact moving ahead together with Singapore's economy. A richer, more civilised, more gracious society, and economy.

I now live in a HDB and when I was growing up, I couldn't wait to get out of it as well as bring my parents out of this awful place. Buying a unit at The Raintree allowed me to transcend my HDB background at a very low price. Even at $650 psf, many of my peers will still be stuck buying a condo home in some faraway HDB estate such as Pasir Ris, Tampines, or Hougang. Forever stuck in HDB-land. Thank god I am getting out!

Unregistered
09-04-07, 17:30
[QUOTE=

Do you want to be left behind in this fast changing world? By purchasing a piece of the gracious lifestyle now at The Raintree, you are in fact moving ahead together with Singapore's economy. A richer, more civilised, more gracious society, and economy.

QUOTE]

haha, Ad libs?!?! Nice one tho! :)

Thanks for your input! Good discussion here!

Cheers!

Unregistered
09-04-07, 17:45
Guess it all boils down to individual. What one defines as "prime" location.

For most city living connotes "Prime".

Others may consider fresh air, close to nature, greenery as "Prime".

Think we may be talking about different market segments here? :)

Typically locals caught up with the lifestyle & conveniences of today would prob choose city living as ideal Prime locations for themselves. Of cos' many highflying expats would also consider city living as Prime too. Those who seek the "other" life of greenery, fresh air & retreat would probably not seek out S'pore by choice. E.g. Australia may offer a better nature centric living with laidback lifestlye to match! However those expats who seek out the "other" life in S'pore (relocated for work,not by choice) probably would have to make do with what greens & nature a city like S'pore can offer.

IMO The best greens are here! Prob one of the best kept secret or most overlooked region with such outstanding qualities :)

You are right, after a day of work, its nice to return home to a tranquil place to bring us respite and away from the concrete jungle of the centre city.

Personally for me, a little inconveniences in terms of public transport is worth it for this "other" life. :)

Unregistered
09-04-07, 18:16
One easy way to understand why people choose to buy RT is to experience it for yourself:

Go for one of the several treks at Bukit Timah Hill and bring along all your five senses. Walk the ground, smell the greens, hear the chirping birds and flowing streams, see the exotic flora/fauna, feel the fresh cool air, listen to your own heart beat......the ambience is totally transquil and you feel at peace with yourself, as if you have been transported to a different world...It's difficult to describe but you got to be a sensual person and you have got to experience it for yourself and you will understand why...

Unregistered
09-04-07, 18:27
One easy way to understand why people choose to buy RT is to experience it for yourself:

Go for one of the several treks at Bukit Timah Hill and bring along all your five senses. Walk the ground, smell the greens, hear the chirping birds and flowing streams, see the exotic flora/fauna, feel the fresh cool air, listen to your own heart beat......the ambience is totally transquil and you feel at peace with yourself, as if you have been transported to a different world...It's difficult to describe but you got to be a sensual person and you have got to experience it for yourself and you will understand why...

Matter of acquired taste or innate inclinations? :)

Unregistered
09-04-07, 18:31
Before buying my unit, I never knew this property existed. Was scouting around Springdale, Southaven, Hume Park when my girlfriend say what's the construction going on in there. Viola... a hideaway amidst the reserve ! What's more an area that I was hoping for. The showroom was already torn down and we somehow managed to get one of the remaining developer units facing the forest within 48hrs.

I wished that I could have gotten it earlier. But with the $557 psf amidst escalating price, it was still a good buy. What's more it is for me and wife to enjoy and soak in the tranquil surroundings and not with the intention of profiteering, though I see nothing wrong with that.

I am a nature and sports lover, therefore this fits to a tee. I want to be near my parents place in Clementi. I moved about Singapore to see my clients, and the RT is smack in the centre of Singapore with expressways and near town. I want quietness. I have friends around the corner.... a PERFECT HOME!

I echo that not many share the same setiments as RT owners choosing our place. They can form their own opinions, well we just have our own dreams pads to enjoy in a "remote" getaway. Guess RT is not that "remote" anymore with the number of hits!

Unregistered
09-04-07, 18:39
Matter of acquired taste or innate inclinations? :)
Both, I guess ;)

Gonzalas
09-04-07, 22:33
indeed a very good discussion and I do agree that many who have bought RT have the intention to stay there as it fits the lifestyle of its owners. I really doubt that property prices are going to head south anytime soon. I deal with some hedge fund managers who are based out from HK that are pouring money into the local property market although they are looking for high end homes in town. It will be a matter of time before it starts to filter to other areas. The figures are easily in the billions (US$). Private equity groups DO NOT take chances in this kind of investment tranches and there must a high certainty that their investments yield good returns.

I just met a client who is an american and he too wants to buy into Singapore property. There are just too many foreigners that are going to fuel the property boom here: the indonesians, the arabs, the ang mohs...the list goes on...

Unregistered
09-04-07, 22:34
Hi potential RT buyers,

10% gross profit is barely sufficient to cover all the cost involved for current RT owners to flip the proeprty, costs including

buyer stamp duty/lawyer fees
seller stamp duty/lawyer fees/agent commissions/penalty for prepayment of housing loan

it would be idealistic to think that current owners who bought it for $510 per sq ft would want to sell it for $560 per sqft, unless they are desperate to sell their units

Unregistered
09-04-07, 23:28
Hi potential RT buyers,

10% gross profit is barely sufficient to cover all the cost involved for current RT owners to flip the proeprty, costs including

buyer stamp duty/lawyer fees
seller stamp duty/lawyer fees/agent commissions/penalty for prepayment of housing loan

it would be idealistic to think that current owners who bought it for $510 per sq ft would want to sell it for $560 per sqft, unless they are desperate to sell their units

Hmm, so guess in the short term (<5 yrs) it wont be likely that an owner would sell for 560psf as formerly mentioned as the ideal counter offer price to purchase from secondary market of the unit mentioned?

Guess potential buyers looking at buying from secondary market would have to like RT enough to pay enough to take over a property...

However there's also the possibility that someone may have bought on deferred payment before the implementation of immediate stamp duty payment?

Even then, 560psf may still be on the low side to buy someone out. Given that most people who bought it in the first place would very likely be people who liked RT enough to would have actually like to or dont mind staying in RT if they cant sell it at premium.

My agent bought a unit there as well. When I asked if its for staying or for investment, agent said cant decide, dont mind staying there too! :)

Unregistered
09-04-07, 23:38
Before buying my unit, I never knew this property existed. Was scouting around Springdale, Southaven, Hume Park when my girlfriend say what's the construction going on in there. Viola... a hideaway amidst the reserve ! What's more an area that I was hoping for. The showroom was already torn down and we somehow managed to get one of the remaining developer units facing the forest within 48hrs.

I wished that I could have gotten it earlier. But with the $557 psf amidst escalating price, it was still a good buy. What's more it is for me and wife to enjoy and soak in the tranquil surroundings and not with the intention of profiteering, though I see nothing wrong with that.

I am a nature and sports lover, therefore this fits to a tee. I want to be near my parents place in Clementi. I moved about Singapore to see my clients, and the RT is smack in the centre of Singapore with expressways and near town. I want quietness. I have friends around the corner.... a PERFECT HOME!

I echo that not many share the same setiments as RT owners choosing our place. They can form their own opinions, well we just have our own dreams pads to enjoy in a "remote" getaway. Guess RT is not that "remote" anymore with the number of hits!

Although I did not give that too much thought previously, I do agree with you. Guess sometimes looking at prices we do need to look at our current needs and the current market situation to put things in the right context for a balanced perspective. So in this case 557psf wouldnt be too bad a price to pay!

Looking back at the former low prices for comparison alone may give a different perspective that does not take into account current maket situation, as well as the likely market situation for new condo developments in the next 5yrs or so. That is assuming that there is a "need" & desire to acquire a brand new condo within this period.

While of cos' no one can predict the future, however with whatever limited knowledge, evidence and projected growth for singapore within this period, it does look like it may be going north for some time to come...

camelot
10-04-07, 00:39
Is this a serious seller? Do you think the seller is willing to let go at 560 psf?

When RT is TOP-ed, don't think you will even hear $620psf anymore. Once prospective buyers get into the unit and see/smell the greenery, there'll be lots of interested buyers. Demand will be high... as what you see is what you get. So if I were you... if you really wanna get a unit, don't wait till TOP. This proj is one of its kind!

Unregistered
10-04-07, 12:50
Dear All,

The Raintree Owner's Support Group is officially opened. Kindly check your email.

Regards,
mike

Unregistered
10-04-07, 13:00
Dear All,

The Raintree Owner's Support Group is officially opened. Kindly check your email.

Regards,
mike

dear mike ,

how does one join the support group ?
thanks

Unregistered
10-04-07, 13:08
Kindly email me at [email protected]

Please note that the support group is for true RT owners only.

Cheers.

MC

Unregistered
10-04-07, 13:09
Dear All,

Regards,
mike

Come on Mike,
If you have anything to say, why don't you say it here.
I travel half a million miles a year and seldom disconnect with anyone anywhere for more than 24h. May be we should have someone else to be the host of RT owner email list instead of you since you are disconnected so frequently

Unregistered
10-04-07, 13:17
Speaking from another owner's point of view.

You are the very reason for the support group.

Cheers!

Come on Mike,
I travel half a million miles a year and seldom disconnect with anyone anywhere for more than 24h. May be we should have someone else to be the host of RT owner email list instead of you since you are disconnected so frequently

Unregistered
10-04-07, 13:32
I remebered not many years ago when I grab a 99 years condo when the developer slashed price from an initial high of $800K ($615psf) during preview to a low $500K ($384psf) just before TOP. Nearly 50% of the early bird occupiers of this condo paid the $615psf as compared to a happy me who had saved nearly $300K and tot sure to make money or good buy. But now the valuation of my condo is hardly $400K. But for RT, it is the opposite. Early bird smile for only having to pay $600K+($480psf) and now before TOP, developer up profit by selling at $800K ($620psf). Similiarly 5 to 10 years down the road, no body can predict the future, except the fact that developer had made good profit out of us buyers. Don't worry about Winner or Loser as long as its within your budget. Just enjoy the condo that you have bought. Life could be unpredictable and short. The Raintree is to be enjoyed....

Unregistered
10-04-07, 13:36
Come on Mike,

Believed he had reservice. Its a temporary thing and cant be helped. Now that its over, he'd probably be more "connected" now? :)

Cheers!

lincoln
10-04-07, 13:40
Speaking from another owner's point of view.

You are the very reason for the support group.

Cheers!

Concurred!

Unregistered
10-04-07, 14:23
Believed he had reservice. Its a temporary thing and cant be helped. Now that its over, he'd probably be more "connected" now? :)

Cheers!

If the support group is so useful and informative, why do you need to read any posting from this site? The number of hits on this site already prove that this site is working well and have served all the parties who are interested in RT.

I am not a owner of RT, but was attracted to this thread because of its high hit rate. Hope you all will live happily at RT and don't be taken for a ride by anyone. Choose members for the MC very carefully.

Unregistered
10-04-07, 14:41
I remebered not many years ago when I grab a 99 years condo when the developer slashed price from an initial high of $800K ($615psf) during preview to a low $500K ($384psf) just before TOP. Nearly 50% of the early bird occupiers of this condo paid the $615psf as compared to a happy me who had saved nearly $300K and tot sure to make money or good buy. But now the valuation of my condo is hardly $400K. But for RT, it is the opposite. Early bird smile for only having to pay $600K+($480psf) and now before TOP, developer up profit by selling at $800K ($620psf). Similiarly 5 to 10 years down the road, no body can predict the future, except the fact that developer had made good profit out of us buyers. Don't worry about Winner or Loser as long as its within your budget. Just enjoy the condo that you have bought. Life could be unpredictable and short. The Raintree is to be enjoyed....

Care to share the name of this condo? I think many condos are grossly undervalued by todays standard. It is always good to look out for this type of condos before price shot up sharply.

Unregistered
10-04-07, 14:46
Hi all,

Was just wondering how many would be moving into RT with kids? Care to share?

Is this a popular place for large families? For although there are many prestigious schools nearby, the transport here may not be as ideal for school going children?

Any thoughts?

Unregistered
10-04-07, 15:16

Cheers!

sorry may i ask what is reservice? i thought he said he went to barcelona or something?

Unregistered
10-04-07, 15:21
Hi all,

Is this a popular place for large families? For although there are many prestigious schools nearby, the transport here may not be as ideal for school going children?

Any thoughts?

Hi, most children here are on the school bus system. If they are teenagers, they can take public bus or school bus. If not, 10 years down the road, can take MRT as well.

Unregistered
10-04-07, 15:22
Reservice??? To sharpen our chor tai dee accuracy, train alertness to spot officers or impending duties, meditate till wake for canteen breaks. Yeap.. we hardworking males need constant servicing to remain fit like our younger NS days.

I am moving in with my wife to be. Kids in the pipeline (no pun intended).

Unregistered
10-04-07, 15:26
hmm, think most are without kids, but plan to have kids? In the forums, pple only mention wives thus far.. haha any kids anyone?!?

Unregistered
10-04-07, 15:30
Reservice??? To sharpen our chor tai dee accuracy, train alertness to spot officers or impending duties, meditate till wake for canteen breaks. Yeap.. we hardworking males need constant servicing to remain fit like our younger NS days.

I am moving in with my wife to be. Kids in the pipeline (no pun intended).

you mean national service? now i got it! didn't know reservice is the same as national service ;)

congrats on your new status as husband-to-be and father-to-be!

RT sure is lucky place to buy...... trible blessings!

Unregistered
10-04-07, 15:42
Reservice should be spelt as Reservist or ICT (In-Camp Training). An all expenses paid holiday, Many of us pretend to curse when we have to go back, but actually deep down enjoy the break from our routine to have a bit of male bonding.

Unregistered
10-04-07, 15:59
Care to share the name of this condo? I think many condos are grossly undervalued by todays standard. It is always good to look out for this type of condos before price shot up sharply.
Palm Gardens in CCK. Note that $800K is the most kilat unit (eg. high floor,good facing) and $500K is one of the cheaper one (eg. low floor, etc.). The point here is that pricing can have such a huge deviation depending on "time and space". Wonder why prices of NEW condos shoot up but OLD ONES doesn't seem to move in tandem or much at all. But still no regrets to cut loss to live in the Raintree.

Unregistered
10-04-07, 15:59
sorry may i ask what is reservice? i thought he said he went to barcelona or something?

I think he meant "resurface"
Hope mike is kind enough to offer him/her private lessons in english as well
No offense

Unregistered
10-04-07, 16:11
I think he meant "resurface"
Hope mike is kind enough to offer him/her private lessons in english as well
No offense

Whatever writer meant it to be, there is surely no need to be condescending/ sarcastic? No offence intended here to...

Unregistered
10-04-07, 17:07
This forum is for all to share their views about anything, its fair that future residents will want a separate independent forum for themselves to discuss more private notes and get to know their future neighbours better

Unregistered
10-04-07, 17:11
Come on Mike,
I have a feeling this jackass is the same Mr 1-star in the condo.com.sg forum

Unregistered
10-04-07, 17:43
I have a feeling this jackass is the same Mr 1-star in the condo.com.sg forum

No need to retaliate by name calling, it doesn't make you look good too.

Anyway, I think he did make a valid point here. In this fast-paced high tech global community, one can hook up to the internet easily. No one can fairly say he has no internet access and can't be contacted unless he doesn't wish to.

Unregistered
10-04-07, 18:08
don't you guys need to work? can surf web during office hours?

Unregistered
10-04-07, 18:26
don't you guys need to work? can surf web during office hours?

Officially no. Unofficially, spending half an hour per day to surf the web for personal stuff is very common in the office. 15 min after lunch break and 15 min before going home. Today is quite exceptional. Can't help but admit quite kaypoh to find out what's going on here, already spent one hour on personal stuff. Will definitely try working harder tomorrow to compensate.

Unregistered
10-04-07, 18:28
Hi RT residents,
I am moving with wife and 2 kids.
Note that if you are fetching your kids to school in the morning, there will be traffic conjestion just outside RT and southhaven (near to the temple and church).
This is a known problem for ppl living in upper bukit timah and hillview with kids in the branded schools in Bukit timah.
The traffic starts to pile up at around 6.40am. Do leave earlier.

Cheers.
Kelvin

SCGS alumni
10-04-07, 18:31
Hi RT residents,
I am moving with wife and 2 kids.
Note that if you are fetching your kids to school in the morning, there will be traffic conjestion just outside RT and southhaven (near to the temple and church).
This is a known problem for ppl living in upper bukit timah and hillview with kids in the branded schools in Bukit timah.
The traffic starts to pile up at around 6.40am. Do leave earlier.

Cheers.
Kelvin

Yes that is the problem with living in the area and having your kids in schools in Bukit Timah. We leave the house at 6am every morning!

Unregistered
10-04-07, 18:31
No need to retaliate by name calling, it doesn't make you look good too.

Anyway, I think he did make a valid point here. In this fast-paced high tech global community, one can hook up to the internet easily. No one can fairly say he has no internet access and can't be contacted unless he doesn't wish to.

agree,
not only internet is everywhere,
in fact for folks who are frequent travellers, very often you would not even able to tell where the person is. Thanks to the convenient of autoroaming and down to earth rates for phone rates in many countries

ht
10-04-07, 19:21
Concurred!

think Mike is doing a fine job, appreciate it ;)

Unregistered
10-04-07, 20:19
think Mike is doing a fine job, appreciate it ;)

To encourgae more owners join Mike's list, why don't you give the owners some examples of the sort of information Mike was able to provide. Exclusive information that you can't get elsewhere?

I am sure owners or prospective owners of units at RT will appreciate your openness and sincereity.

Unregistered
10-04-07, 21:27
Hi all,

Any thoughts?

We are moving to RT too with 2 kids + 1 on-the-way + mom + maid...so definitely a large family. As for school - have not thought through about transport yet.

Unregistered
10-04-07, 22:12
We are moving to RT too with 2 kids + 1 on-the-way + mom + maid...so definitely a large family. As for school - have not thought through about transport yet.

Anyways good for kids to learn to be independent right? A lil' walking's good for them.. haha :)

ht
10-04-07, 22:43
To encourgae more owners join Mike's list, why don't you give the owners some examples of the sort of information Mike was able to provide. Exclusive information that you can't get elsewhere?

I am sure owners or prospective owners of units at RT will appreciate your openness and sincereity.

I think there is a place for both the forum as well as the email list.
I personally find it useful to have another "more serious" grp so that sensitive info divulge will not be easily exploited compared to a more open forum. I must acknowledge there is no gaurantee, but it is really up to the individual's comfort level. So some of us join, bcos we appreciate mike's effort and hope that we could also help one another thru the interactions and exchange of info. I dun know mike personally, so I am not defending him, but really what he is doing. It's that simple, not that there is any exclusivity in the info he provides.:2cents: :2cents:
It doesn't mean that people joining in the email list are going to abandon the nice people reading the threads here, I think there is also value in helping potential neighbours.

Actually, it will be helpful if we could register and give ourselves a nick, so that we know which "unregistered" we are talking to :confused:

:cheers4:

peace
10-04-07, 23:12
I think the issue most people have with Mike's email group is precisely that: it is "Mike's email group". Mike is the organizer, therefore he holds immense veto power and everyone has to defer to him. People are afraid that this will translate into a power shift / struggle when the Management Committee of The Raintree comes into existence (when Raintree TOPs). I dare say Mike will definitely be in the running for MC president, and his email group will be his power base.

A forum like this is more democratic, with equal share / equal say spread among every other resident.

- 2 cents.

ht
10-04-07, 23:45
Hi peace,
i think you have a valid point, and appreciate your frank opinion too. i dun deny thinking that mike may be keen to play an active part in the MC, though i did not think there's anything really wrong with that.
Still, i think your inputs have indeed educated some of us about the potential political power play. Thanks.

cheers !

Precieux
11-04-07, 00:41
I think the issue most people have with Mike's email group is precisely that: it is "Mike's email group". Mike is the organizer, therefore he holds immense veto power and everyone has to defer to him. People are afraid that this will translate into a power shift / struggle when the Management Committee of The Raintree comes into existence (when Raintree TOPs). I dare say Mike will definitely be in the running for MC president, and his email group will be his power base.

A forum like this is more democratic, with equal share / equal say spread among every other resident.

- 2 cents.

Thanks for input, much appreciated! :)

Personally after some thoughts, think its about the same. Just different way of handling discussion matters perhaps? In forum, general discussion would be open, sensitive matters would be PM-ed. But think it isnt very effective to PM a large number of people where there are sensitive matters to be discussed as a private group that is not opened to public eye?

In using the email based forum, think what Mike has suggested was to use public forums like this for general discussions and mass emails for sensitive matters.

So unless we are able to find a free hosting forum where we can "lock" certain threads to registered RT owners conveniently without a compulsory need for registration or ID for general discussions, there may not be a best of both worlds perhaps?

In any case Mike has done a great job and has taken initiatives in doing the "work" in compiling, validitating & updating the list thus far. So should he wish to run for anything, while it may be perhaps a little premature to conclude, it would be undeniable that we may possibly eventually feel that he would be a strong candidate, if not the best, for the job. That is taken into account the great initiatives and ground work that he had taken upon himself to facilitate while others (like me), had been happy to let him take the lead and take a back seat instead!

So personally I do not have any issue with him getting the so called "power" (should he want it), so long as the "power" has been earned and well deserved? :)

Unregistered
11-04-07, 00:47
In the long term, would it be appropriate for us to continue to use this forum for continual discussion on RT for general discussions most likely on the domestic front after it has TOP-ed?

Did not notice any other condo projects using this forum for such purposes? E.g. Discussion on gatherings, car pools, etc

Unregistered
11-04-07, 15:55
After TOPed will have MCST and other internal avenues to discuss and highlight issues; this forum is just to bring us together :)

Unregistered
11-04-07, 15:57

- 2 cents.
Not sure if ppl r so onz to run for mcst nowadays, thankless job wif lotsa probs

Unregistered
11-04-07, 18:34
Not sure if ppl r so onz to run for mcst nowadays, thankless job wif lotsa probs

Yes, agreed that thankless job is nowadays out of fashion. Even serving the nation must also come with practical pay packages, else there'll be problem getting the right people. How true...

Unregistered
12-04-07, 16:08
are der still units left on sale?cheapest price? heard almost no more alredy

camelot
12-04-07, 17:55
are der still units left on sale?cheapest price? heard almost no more alredy

Heard no more 3-bed units... only left 3+1 units... around 3-4 units left.

interested
12-04-07, 19:22
Heard no more 3-bed units... only left 3+1 units... around 3-4 units left.

Do you think they will let go of these remaining big units at a discount? :)

Unregistered
12-04-07, 19:35

No way, they will either keep it for capital appreciation or rent it out. Now that the rental market is going up, either way, they win ;)

camelot
12-04-07, 20:59

Not a developer of that size. They need not be so desperate. Already made money from selling the rest. In any case, I don't think these units will be available for long going by the current market condition.

very attracted
12-04-07, 21:34
I am still very attracted by The Raintree. We first viewed it last year when the prices weren't so hot. Near nature, quiet, peaceful, yet a 10 min drive to the city. And it is located in Bukit Timah some more... more prestigious than other areas. Too bad we procrastinated too long so all the units we could have afforded are gone and/or asking for high sub sale prices. 3+1 is definitely not affordable for us.

Unregistered
12-04-07, 22:18
I am still very attracted by The Raintree. We first viewed it last year when the prices weren't so hot. Near nature, quiet, peaceful, yet a 10 min drive to the city. And it is located in Bukit Timah some more... more prestigious than other areas. Too bad we procrastinated too long so all the units we could have afforded are gone and/or asking for high sub sale prices. 3+1 is definitely not affordable for us.

We too, were very attracted to The Raintree. We like it enough to make a decision in less than a week despite the fact that 2 months ago there is no showflat to view, no 3D model for reference, no existing MRT. We know we make the right choice because we like the location :)

ht
12-04-07, 23:31

Just curious over what is a reasonable price range (psf) which is considered reasonable for a sub sale?

rbet
13-04-07, 01:42
Just curious over what is a reasonable price range (psf) which is considered reasonable for a sub sale?

I would think a 3bedroom at 580-600psf is a reasonable price to pay for the raintree.

Unregistered
13-04-07, 01:53
I would think a 3bedroom at 580-600psf is a reasonable price to pay for the raintree.

For which type of facing for this price u reckon?

Unregistered
13-04-07, 08:59
RT sub-sale units available, fm $550psf upwards, check singaporeeexpats.com

Unregistered
13-04-07, 12:58
3rm pool facing/6th flr/1300sqf - willing to let go at $840k

Unregistered
13-04-07, 21:51
3rm pool facing/6th flr/1300sqf - willing to let go at $840k

Can you disclose the block number? Thanks

Unregistered
13-04-07, 22:00
Track facing 3 bedroom for sale at $750,000.

Unregistered
14-04-07, 07:00
2 bedrm, reserve facing, no western sun, $580k

Unregistered
14-04-07, 08:34

Is this is a 936 sqft unit?

Unregistered
14-04-07, 09:33
It's a 926 sq ft unit. There r no 936 sq ft units.

Unregistered
14-04-07, 20:32
only 2 units left 3+study facing pool

Unregistered
14-04-07, 21:39
only 2 units left 3+study facing pool

Anyone interested in my 3-rm unit facing the rail?
I can let go at 720K,
I like to live in the Nature Reserve for sure, but 30% profit in just 3 months is hard to resist.

Unregistered
14-04-07, 22:03
which floor?

Unregistered
14-04-07, 22:40
which floor?

must be low floor,
I also bought one facing the rail around that time, but I don't think I can make 30% at 720K

Unregistered
14-04-07, 22:43
2 remaining units left this evening, lelong lelong.... psf is just ard $600 but $800k+ a bit high...

camelot
14-04-07, 23:49
Anyone interested in my 3-rm unit facing the rail?
I can let go at 720K,
I like to live in the Nature Reserve for sure, but 30% profit in just 3 months is hard to resist.

Unless u r planning to go back to HDB...when you sell high, you buy high at this point too....

Unregistered
15-04-07, 00:34
Unless u r planning to go back to HDB...when you sell high, you buy high at this point too....

I never live at HDB before and I have yet to let go my existing condo. I guess by TOP time, the price of my condo might also climb substantially. Hopefully can go up 30% from this level, but if I can make 30% now, why not

Unregistered
15-04-07, 13:32
even if its low floor purchased 3 mths ago, i don't think would be able to make 30%, given the max discount of 10% during that time, its only possible if you bought it at the early launch at max 12% + lump sum discount

Unregistered
15-04-07, 22:31
anyone know if there are any units left as of today ?

jrdl
16-04-07, 08:58
Judging from the Fraser website, think not sold out yet.....

Unregistered
16-04-07, 09:32
All sold out except one unit left yesterday! Should be gone as well in no time at all!

Unregistered
16-04-07, 11:00
One of the star buys of past 2 years. I am traditionally a "stay near MRT, convenience" kind of man. But this one changed my mind. Also helps that I recently bought a car ;). Value for money, nature reserve, greenery, tranquility, by the hills, damn this kind of location will fetch a high price in other countries. In Singapore, people don't appreciate this kind of thing, thus the value for money price. I predict won't be for long, as people come to know about this development. Sub sale price will rise quite significantly.

Unregistered
16-04-07, 12:22
The sub-sale market for RT is already up 20-30 percent in just last 2 months,thhose who bought have made quick $$

Unregistered
16-04-07, 13:49
the 20-30% gain is only what sellers are asking for right? any buyers have bought re-sale at that price?

Unregistered
16-04-07, 14:56
My friend just bought 3 room resale for $640k,said owner made abt $90k

Unregistered
16-04-07, 14:57
hi, what block is this? we're interested in getting a small unit

camelot
16-04-07, 17:26
One of the star buys of past 2 years. I am traditionally a "stay near MRT, convenience" kind of man. But this one changed my mind. Also helps that I recently bought a car ;). Value for money, nature reserve, greenery, tranquility, by the hills, damn this kind of location will fetch a high price in other countries. In Singapore, people don't appreciate this kind of thing, thus the value for money price. I predict won't be for long, as people come to know about this development. Sub sale price will rise quite significantly.

You're right. I have lived abroad for many years and when I compare with what they wud charge for this kinda dev...was surprised with the relatively low pricing.

Once RT is ready and people start to move in, more will find out abt it... eventually it will become a desirable place to live.

So those of you wanting to sell... hold on... what's 20-30% gain when you can easily see 50% by the time it goes TOP.... the best is certainly yet to come :)

camelot
16-04-07, 17:28
the 20-30% gain is only what sellers are asking for right? any buyers have bought re-sale at that price?

The last batch of units were sold at 20% higher than similar units sold when it was first launched 2 years ago.

Btw, heard there's only one unit left.....

Unregistered
16-04-07, 17:54
The last batch of units were sold at 20% higher than similar units sold when it was first launched 2 years ago.

Btw, heard there's only one unit left.....

In fact, the developer increased the price only slightly (2-3%) during the whole of 2006, the bulk of the increase was actually taken place since mid-February of this year.

Unregistered
16-04-07, 18:30
hi, what block is this? we're interested in getting a small unit
It's at blk 81. Pl contact me at [email protected] if u would like to discuss further. Thanks.

Unregistered
16-04-07, 19:15
It's at blk 81. Pl contact me at [email protected] if u would like to discuss further. Thanks.

In block 81, there 2-BR units come in two sizes, one is 926 sqft, the other is 1140 sqft? Can you clarify the size of this unit? and which floor? Thanks

Unregistered
16-04-07, 20:11
Hi, I have a ground floor unit at 1485 sf on the upper deck facing the landscaping garden. Anyone keen?

Makelele
16-04-07, 20:14
Hi, I have a ground floor unit at 1485 sf on the upper deck facing the landscaping garden. Anyone keen?

Hi, how many bedrooms? How much? Are you owner or agent? PM me please, thanks.

Unregistered
16-04-07, 20:39
Hi, how many bedrooms? How much? Are you owner or agent? PM me please, thanks.
It's a 3-bedroom. I dunno how to pm. Can give me your email address? Thanks.

Unregistered
16-04-07, 20:48
It's a 3-bedroom. I dunno how to pm. Can give me your email address? Thanks.
I'm selling $895,000 at about $600 psf for 3 bedroom ground floor. Anyone?

camelot
16-04-07, 21:06
In fact, the developer increased the price only slightly (2-3%) during the whole of 2006, the bulk of the increase was actually taken place since mid-February of this year.

Didn't I say ... " The last batch... " ? :)

Unregistered
16-04-07, 21:52
Cut n paste from NationProperty.Sg. Dunno how real is it. No harm trying...

14/04/07 21 THE RAINTREE BUKIT DR APT 99 1324 $521 $690,000
SERENE HONG 94592858

15/04/07 21 THE RAINTREE BUKIT DR APT 99 1335 $483 $644,938
EUNICE CHUA L G 97891600

Unregistered
16-04-07, 22:35
Wah! Sure or not? Even cheaper than current developer price...cant be for real?! Those who called update please...thanks!

Unregistered
16-04-07, 23:57
Cut n paste from NationProperty.Sg. Dunno how real is it. No harm trying...

14/04/07 21 THE RAINTREE BUKIT DR APT 99 1324 $521 $690,000
SERENE HONG 94592858

15/04/07 21 THE RAINTREE BUKIT DR APT 99 1335 $483 $644,938
EUNICE CHUA L G 97891600

These prices are no longer valid.

Unregistered
17-04-07, 00:27
Just now i also went to nationproperty.sg searching for district 9 $850 to $900 psf. Wah imagine my surprise when i found 1 ad dated 14/4/2007 for The Imperial 4+1 bedroom 1959 sf penthouse asking for only $1.68 million. I thought i was dreaming, lol. When i called up, the agent told me that it is in Tanjong Katong. and the name is Imperial Heights.

Unregistered
17-04-07, 08:36
These prices are no longer valid.
the prices look a bit fishy, tried calling but no one answer

Unregistered
17-04-07, 09:52
Anyone can call for whatever prices. Only when there's willing buyer and seller at the agreed price that a deal is considered done. Question is are you a willing buyer to pay at that price, eg. $620 psf for RT? For me I bought last year at $519 psf and wouldn't be buying it if its $620 psf. Anyway, I'm not selling it even if there's a willing buyer at $620 psf because RT is the place where I'll like to enjoy my life with. Let's not get too bother with prices, just share in this website as to how we can make RT an even more enjoyable heaven for us genuine stayers. Life is to be enjoy by living in harmony with nature....including monkeys of course.

Unregistered
17-04-07, 10:44
Anyone can call for whatever prices. Only when there's willing buyer and seller at the agreed price that a deal is considered done. Question is are you a willing buyer to pay at that price, eg. $620 psf for RT? For me I bought last year at $519 psf and wouldn't be buying it if its $620 psf. Anyway, I'm not selling it even if there's a willing buyer at $620 psf because RT is the place where I'll like to enjoy my life with. Let's not get too bother with prices, just share in this website as to how we can make RT an even more enjoyable heaven for us genuine stayers. Life is to be enjoy by living in harmony with nature....including monkeys of course.

Totally agree,
it is total waste of time and energy to worry about the paper gain or loss every day for a property that you purchase for your own stay!

Unregistered
17-04-07, 11:05
Agreed, as long as you like the place. You can't be shifting from one place to another constantly.

camelot
17-04-07, 13:35

well said. couldn't agree more. as long as you can afford buying it, one shouldn't be too concerned with the price flctuations... esp when you're going to live there.

Unregistered
17-04-07, 13:54
still need to keep one eye on the prices, the higher it goes, the weaker my willingness to hold on.... all said n done, if there's any offer of $1m for my 3 bed room, i'll take it and downgrade to hillview area :)

camelot
17-04-07, 14:00
still need to keep one eye on the prices, the higher it goes, the weaker my willingness to hold on.... all said n done, if there's any offer of $1m for my 3 bed room, i'll take it and downgrade to hillview area :)

then i suggest u buy something at hillview first.... so when you eventually sell yr unit for $1mil, you need not buy something in hillview for much more than what they are now. can pocket the diff.....

in summary, when you sell high, you buy high too :) you only make money on the 2nd property... normally not the one you live in.

Unregistered
17-04-07, 14:20
Nah, Hillview area is still slumpish and surrounded by HDB, doubt it will spring up as much as Bk Timah area

Unregistered
17-04-07, 23:03
Did u guys read the comments made by Knight Frank's Director of Research?

He classified our RT as one of those developments that had not done well with unsold units.

How bad is RT when there's only 1-2 units left with still 1 year away from TOP!

Prices have risen and will continue to rise for RT. Casa Merah at Tanah Merah is selling at $590 - $660 psf. RT being at Bt Timah area should not be valued lower that that right?

Unregistered
17-04-07, 23:36

He classified our RT as one of those developments that had not done well with unsold units.

Prices have risen and will continue to rise for RT. Casa Merah at Tanah Merah is selling at $590 - $660 psf. RT being at Bt Timah area should not be valued lower that that right?

I think the guy should be fired, not because his statement that "not every mass market condo project is benefitted from the upward movement in prices...", is wrong, but because there are quite a few good examples that he can use, but he fails and ended up using raintree. Sales and price of Raintree is actually climbing up rapidly in the last ten weeks. It goes to say that this fellow did not bother to update the data before making a comment in public.

I wish he was right though that no one is interested in RT.

If three months ago I knew RT at 650 psf can still find buyers, I definitely would have bought one more unit for investment.

Unregistered
18-04-07, 00:02

The man is "Director of Research" at Knight Frank. What a joke? If he is "Director of Finance" or even "Director of Sales", it is easier to comprehend that he just didn't have the latest numbers on hand when he made the comments to ST. He clearly did not know what is going on...Perhaps, may be 99.5% sold and 25% climb in price in two months was not upbeat enough numbers for him.

Unregistered
18-04-07, 07:31
someone esp from CB/ERA should write to ST to clarify

Unregistered
18-04-07, 15:53
RT is a Rare Trophy, and a true gem in the eyes of her beholder.

I bought a unit within 4 hours of nego from the agent(secondary mkt).

During that time, no showroom for me to view but the surrounding attracts.

No doubt we made the former owner smiling to the bank, but

we bought a HOME….

Only those who own her will understand her unique and tranquil personality.

Unregistered
18-04-07, 16:05
RT is a Rare Trophy, and a true gem in the eyes of her beholder.

I bought a unit within 4 hours of nego from the agent(secondary mkt).

During that time, no showroom for me to view but the surrounding attracts.

No doubt we made the former owner smiling to the bank, but

we bought a HOME….

Only those who own her will understand her unique and tranquil personality.

When we were started looking around for property late last year, we were only concentrating on freehold properties, until we accidentally discovered RT and the rest is history.....

Unregistered
18-04-07, 16:31
No doubt it will make a nice home. But what about it's rental potential? And capital appreciation within, say, 5 years? (since it is 99 years LH)

Unregistered
18-04-07, 16:32
I'm asking because I might want to buy for investment. I already got a home. Thanks!

Unregistered
18-04-07, 17:30
I'm asking because I might want to buy for investment. I already got a home. Thanks!
Capital appreciation is there when mrt is coming the way. Rental yield is good due to its nature surroundings. For those who bought at attractive price, how much lower price can it go?

Unregistered
18-04-07, 18:04
Rental at the private landed terrace houses at Hindhede Place is asking close to $10-$ 12K. Le Wood's rental is about $2.5 - $3K. IMO, Raintree, which is brand new, with full condo facilities and with a more exclusive/private location, could potentially be looking in the range of $3.5 -$4.5K ?

Unregistered
18-04-07, 18:29
Last unit sold today. Raintree 100% sold out. Showflat closed at 4 pm today.

Congrats to all RT neighbours!!

Unregistered
18-04-07, 19:01
Last unit sold today. Raintree 100% sold out. Showflat closed at 4 pm today.

Congrats to all RT neighbours!!

The bench mark price for the pool facing, second floor 3+1 unit from developer is 650 psf.

Almost one year to go before TOP, it will be interesting to watch how the subsale market for RT develops in the coming days and months?

The number and quality of the postings for this thread is simply staggering and it is probably the best ad for RT.

not RT owner
18-04-07, 19:39
Congrats to all RT owners! *clap clap*

camelot
18-04-07, 22:06
Based on current prices, if you bought over a year ago...you could easily sell with a 30% profit ... congrats!

Unregistered
18-04-07, 23:43
anyone knows if got sub-sale yet? the agents had a list of a couple of units for sub-sale.......

Unregistered
19-04-07, 00:04
anyone knows if got sub-sale yet? the agents had a list of a couple of units for sub-sale.......

One caveat for subsale just lodged at URA website

947 sqf for $492900
I believe the seller made about 13% profit (before deducting cost of sales such as commission and stamp duty). Net profit could be just about 10%
3 BR and 3+1 can do better

Unregistered
19-04-07, 00:14
Based on current prices, if you bought over a year ago...you could easily sell with a 30% profit ... congrats!

I bought my 3-BR rail facing unit at 609K, I am willing to let go at 732K

Unregistered
19-04-07, 07:56
3 Br facing rail 6th Floor for sale at $750,000

Unregistered
19-04-07, 08:21
I bought my 3-BR rail facing unit at 609K, I am willing to let go at 732K

Please leave your contact information, thanks

Unregistered
19-04-07, 08:21
3 Br facing rail 6th Floor for sale at $750,000

camelot
19-04-07, 09:59
One caveat for subsale just lodged at URA website

947 sqf for $492900
I believe the seller made about 13% profit (before deducting cost of sales such as commission and stamp duty). Net profit could be just about 10%
3 BR and 3+1 can do better

If the caveat has just been lodged, means the sale probably took place in Jan. The market has moved a lot since then.

Unregistered
19-04-07, 13:38
If the caveat has just been lodged, means the sale probably took place in Jan. The market has moved a lot since then.

Care to share information on recent subsale of rail facing unit?

I am serious in selling, but don't know what is the bench mark price for recent transaction for this type of unit

Unregistered
19-04-07, 14:01
selling prices tend to be better if you wait till TOP, where people are willing to pay premium to get a home immediately....assuming all other factors equal...but of course if everyone thinks the same way and causes a supply glut, then prices may not...

Unregistered
19-04-07, 14:17
My contact 98738540

camelot
19-04-07, 15:18
Care to share information on recent subsale of rail facing unit?

I am serious in selling, but don't know what is the bench mark price for recent transaction for this type of unit

a lot depends on the floor.. which unit type etc. may i know what kinda psf you paid? and when did u buy it?

Unregistered
19-04-07, 15:53
a lot depends on the floor.. which unit type etc. may i know what kinda psf you paid? and when did u buy it?

It is on the 8th floor, I paid 495 psf for it
Are you interested?

Unregistered
19-04-07, 20:46
Bought a unit at mid floor, living room facing pool and rms facing deck garden.. intend to stay but prepare to let go at a good price..any takers?

Unregistered
19-04-07, 20:59
Bought a unit at mid floor, living room facing pool and rms facing deck garden.. intend to stay but prepare to let go at a good price..any takers?

Is this a 4, 3 or 3+1 unit?

How much how you asking?

Unregistered
19-04-07, 21:04
Bought only a few weeks back..hence price on the high side. it is 3 bedrooms unit..anyone can advise what is the fair value today?

Unregistered
19-04-07, 22:14
Bought only a few weeks back..hence price on the high side. it is 3 bedrooms unit..anyone can advise what is the fair value today?

There is no such thing as fair value.

Who would have guessed someone is willing to pay 650 psf to get a second floor 3+1 pool facing unit from developer this week. Developer only asked for 525 psf for the unit in mid Feb

As long as someone is willing to pay for whatever reason, that is the fair value

Unregistered
19-04-07, 22:55
any idea how long does it usually take for a condo to TOP (from 50% completion)?

camelot
19-04-07, 23:02
It is on the 8th floor, I paid 495 psf for it
Are you interested?

Nah!... not for me. I already hv a high floor unit facing the greenery on the side... can't wait to move in.

You must hv bot later coz I remember the high units facing the rail were going for abt $460psf thrabts when they were first launched. You should be able to ask for ~$580psf today.

Unregistered
20-04-07, 04:12
Nah!... not for me. I already hv a high floor unit facing the greenery on the side... can't wait to move in.

You must hv bot later coz I remember the high units facing the rail were going for abt $460psf thrabts when they were first launched. You should be able to ask for ~$580psf today.

You guys are a bunch of jokers...I was initially interested in a unit in Raintree... but after looking at the ridiculous prices sellers are asking for... I'm walking away...Seriously, I'm sure you guys who've been to the army will definately enjoy the mosquitoes every evening at last light...hahaha

Take heed , any of you thinking of jumping into a property commitment in this "frenzy buying" environment espeicially 99year projects....the last time this kind of panic illogical buying happened was in 1995/6...and prices stayed down for a good 11-12 years!!!

The only way these prices are sustainable is only when the Singapore population gets to the Hong Kong levels.....7-8 million.... (inclusive expats)
Otherwise, with every conglomerate jumping in... oversupply... what the hell does IRs have to do with Raintree hahaha... Tg Rhu ...yes! East Coast ...Yes!
west Coast.....Maybe.....Bukit Timah....nah!!! long shot for a bunch of optimist! happy dreaming... A lot of high prices.... don't see no takers.

Unregistered
20-04-07, 07:13
You guys are a bunch of jokers...I was initially interested in a unit in Raintree... but after looking at the ridiculous prices sellers are asking for... I'm walking away...Seriously, I'm sure you guys who've been to the army will definately enjoy the mosquitoes every evening at last light...hahaha

Take heed , any of you thinking of jumping into a property commitment in this "frenzy buying" environment espeicially 99year projects....the last time this kind of panic illogical buying happened was in 1995/6...and prices stayed down for a good 11-12 years!!!

The only way these prices are sustainable is only when the Singapore population gets to the Hong Kong levels.....7-8 million.... (inclusive expats)
Otherwise, with every conglomerate jumping in... oversupply... what the hell does IRs have to do with Raintree hahaha... Tg Rhu ...yes! East Coast ...Yes!
west Coast.....Maybe.....Bukit Timah....nah!!! long shot for a bunch of optimist! happy dreaming... A lot of high prices.... don't see no takers.

Thank god,
I certainly will not appreciate to have you as neighbour

Unregistered
20-04-07, 08:31
Hahahahaha...................That guy sounds like a sour grape who has missed the boat.

Unregistered
20-04-07, 08:56
let's just enjoy the property ride when it going up, whether got IR hype or not, a lot of hot $$ coming into s'pore's stock and property mkt, so naturally prices in the broader mkt will trend up

Unregistered
20-04-07, 08:58
Even sleezy joo chiat prices have gone up (close to $700psf); over at Telok Kurau Lor M, heard got another smallish development launching soon at $950psf (!!??!!). My friend had just bought a unit around there last month at $680psf

Unregistered
20-04-07, 08:59
Gardenvista most recent transaction in URA in Mar 07: $1240000 for 1346 sqft at S$921psf

Raintree last unit sold by developer in Mar 07: $872 000 for 1335 sqft at S$653psf

Can Gardenvista's location be compared with RT's?

Gardenvista is right in the middle of road junction wheras RT nestled right next to the nature reserve.

Which is a better buy? Which is a steal? Come TOP, Will RT stay at $650psf or will it beat Gardenvista?

Let's wait and see.... HeeeHeeeHeee

Unregistered
20-04-07, 09:06
Raintree 3+1 BR's price jump from $530psf to $650psf from early Feb07 to mid April 07 in less than 2 months time....

A price increase of 23% in less than 2 months..... Is this not enough to show there is potential for RT?

Unregistered
20-04-07, 09:13
Raintree 3+1 BR's price jump from $530psf to $650psf from early Feb07 to mid April 07 in less than 2 months time....

A price increase of 23% in less than 2 months..... Is this not enough to show there is potential for RT?

It is indeed peanuts if you compare most market condos to carribean, it went from 760 last year to 1200-1500, even just last month, it was near 1000 only,

I guess, once you pass a 1000 psf, the condo will no longer be labelled as mass market project, at least for now

I wish I bought one unit at carribean for investment last year

Unregistered
20-04-07, 09:19
Of course i will buy Raintree lah! Goes without saying. Even if same price $psf i will also choose Raintree!

Why?

The location and the whole concept of Raintree is unique in whole of Singapore. The whole concept is based on the rain forest, nature, and BKT hill. No one can take it away from you, and no one can emulate you. Unless they start building condo inside McRitchie/Pierce reservoir. Unlikely.

Garden vista is just like any other suburban condo with cheapo and corny gimmicks.

For both, traveling time to the CBD is about the same give and take 2 mins.

Live within nature, still in Bukit Timah, and only 10 mins to the city. Nowhere else in Singapore can you get that. They can try doing that in Woodlands, Sembawang or Mandai but that will be very very very far from city.

To conclude, in terms of concept (thankfully not in price - yet) Raintree is just like Tanjong Rhu or Marina Bay or Sentosa Cove. Where the others emphasize water, we emphasize the rain forest. The key similarities here are: UNIQUE and NATURAL.

Gardenvista most recent transaction in URA in Mar 07: $1240000 for 1346 sqft at S$921psf

Raintree last unit sold by developer in Mar 07: $872 000 for 1335 sqft at S$653psf

Can Gardenvista's location be compared with RT's?

Gardenvista is right in the middle of road junction wheras RT nestled right next to the nature reserve.

Which is a better buy? Which is a steal? Come TOP, Will RT stay at $650psf or will it beat Gardenvista?

Let's wait and see.... HeeeHeeeHeee

Unregistered
20-04-07, 10:42
Raintree sellers, beware of this young buyer interested in raintree.
He gave me a 1% cheque as deposit to buy my property but stopped the cheque the next day giving some crap excuse that his wife has not seen the property and refuse to talk or see the agent to get the option form after that.

Unregistered
20-04-07, 10:48
I believed that 1% of the agreed sales price is a sum of money. Do seek legal advice (your agent should be able to refer) to recover this amount for fustrating the agreement after the agreed conditions' time has lapsed.

Unregistered
20-04-07, 10:59
He gave me a 1% cheque as deposit to buy my property but stopped the cheque the next day giving some crap excuse that his wife has not seen the property and refuse to talk or see the agent to get the option form after that.

As long as option not signed, you can still market your property to other interested buyers. Don't waste time. Don't worry, he is not the only interested buyer. There are many.

Unregistered
20-04-07, 11:12
not worried, actually I don mind staying in raintree, cos it is such a nice place, just don like the behaviour of that nasty buyer, may sue him for the deposit just to teach him a lesson.

Unregistered
20-04-07, 14:38
this isn't construed as a legal agreement until you sign a definitive contract with him, it works both ways, u could accept his cheque then later reject it n take another buyer's cheque

Unregistered
20-04-07, 14:54
That's exactly what happen to my contact who passed agent a cheque as deposit to buy a property, but the owner held on and accepted another buyer who paid slightly more couple of days later

Unregistered
20-04-07, 16:42
Isn't it a legal agreement? I received his cheque and signed the option to purchase form. What I understand was, even if he doesn't want the apartment anymore, he can chose not to exercise the option and I can forfeit the 1% deposit. How can he just stopped the cheque the next day? Please advice.

camelot
20-04-07, 20:50
not worried, actually I don mind staying in raintree, cos it is such a nice place, just don like the behaviour of that nasty buyer, may sue him for the deposit just to teach him a lesson.

did you sign an option with him tho?

joe
20-04-07, 21:10
Isn't it a legal agreement? I received his cheque and signed the option to purchase form. What I understand was, even if he doesn't want the apartment anymore, he can chose not to exercise the option and I can forfeit the 1% deposit. How can he just stopped the cheque the next day? Please advice.

Oh you mean he also signed the option form? Has to be you and him both sign then the option is binding. If both of you sign, then if 14 days (or whatever time period agreed in the option) he doesn't exercise the option (ie:- pay up the remaining 4%), then he forfeits the option money and you can cash it.

camelot
20-04-07, 22:01

U certainly hv a case against him. SUE!!!

Unregistered
20-04-07, 22:40
Buyer don't have to sign the option to purchase on the onset. If you remember when you purchase the Raintree, FCL would have given you an option to purchase, and you give them a non-refundable deposit of 5% of purchase price (only 75% refundable). When the buyer signs on the option to purchase, he is exercising his option to purchase, which will then seal the entire S&P transaction.

The intention to purchase is evidenced by the issuance of cheque by the buyer, hence the forfeiture of deposit will be based on the issuance of the cheque from the buyer as well as issuance of option to purchase from the seller (note that buyer do not have to sign anything at this point).

Unregistered
20-04-07, 22:41
That's exactly what happen to my contact who passed agent a cheque as deposit to buy a property, but the owner held on and accepted another buyer who paid slightly more couple of days later

I think in this case no option to purchase was issued by the seller and the buyer also did not take any legal recourse.

Unregistered
22-04-07, 16:36
Hi, anyone interested in a 2+1 units: 1141 psf, blk 81, 2nd floor, facing the green? Call HP96333784.

Unregistered
22-04-07, 16:37
Forgot to mention: only 10 units of 2+1 in this project.

Unregistered
22-04-07, 21:52
Forgot to mention: only 10 units of 2+1 in this project.

Since the owner paid only 450 sqf for it and all the 2+1 units were more or less transacted at that price, I doubt you can get valuation above 500 psf for the unit. Unless you can get valuation close to the selling price, the purchaser would need to come up additional cash to cover the differences which could be an issue for many prospective buyers

Unregistered
24-04-07, 08:16
According to a post on another thread, Hillview Regency is asking over $900psf!!!!

Wow! Makes RT look like a bargain....

Unregistered
24-04-07, 09:18
According to a post on another thread, Hillview Regency is asking over $900psf!!!!

Wow! Makes RT look like a bargain....

I thought that is a 22nd story unit, Does RT has 22nd story unit available for sale?

Unregistered
24-04-07, 09:43
I thought that is a 22nd story unit, Does RT has 22nd story unit available for sale?

Location is primary, height is secondary.

Unregistered
24-04-07, 11:09
Let me just put it this way. The 5th storey of The LadyHill is a lot more expensive than the 5th storey of BLVD.

Unregistered
25-04-07, 08:08
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 118 1270 640,000 Apr-07
Latest transacted price. Likely a sub-sale 'cos developer prices are not so rounded. Push harder guys!

Unregistered
25-04-07, 08:42
THE RAINTREE BUKIT DRIVE Condominium 118 1270 640,000 Apr-07
Latest transacted price. Likely a sub-sale 'cos developer prices are not so rounded. Push harder guys!
Unlikely to be sub-sales as most new buyers would have gotten from the developer last mth, lodging of caveat prob takes 1-2 mths. I got mine fm developer at discounted round price too :)

Unregistered
25-04-07, 08:49
there's a posting sometime back whom mentioned that friend got a subsale rail facing unit for 640k, most prob is this one

Unregistered
25-04-07, 12:04
there's a posting sometime back whom mentioned that friend got a subsale rail facing unit for 640k, most prob is this one

An Ad in ST today for a 1270 sqf rail facing unit asking for $570 psf, saying that selling below developer unit.

The truth is the rail facing unit were 50-60 psf lower than the pool facing units from day one when the project was launched. I believe developer sold out the last rail facing unit near the end of March at 510 psf. I guess the owner is trying to compare his unit with the last 3+1 unit sold in raintree which is about 650psf

It will be very interesting to watch how much this unit can fetch at subsale market

Unregistered
25-04-07, 12:45
An Ad in ST today for a 1270 sqf rail facing unit asking for $570 psf, saying that selling below developer unit.

The truth is the rail facing unit were 50-60 psf lower than the pool facing units from day one when the project was launched. I believe developer sold out the last rail facing unit near the end of March at 510 psf. I guess the owner is trying to compare his unit with the last 3+1 unit sold in raintree which is about 650psf

It will be very interesting to watch how much this unit can fetch at subsale market

To be on the accurate side, difference is not $50-60 psf but rather $68-84 psf.

Comparing Blks 87 and 89, pool facing(1335sf) versus rail track facing(1270) units on the same floor, during the developer launch:

The rail facing units were on average $75 psf lower than pool facing units. Average is taken from $70, 68, 81, 84 psf. Note comparison based on same block and same floor, difference being rail vs pool facing.

Unregistered
25-04-07, 13:25

Can't compare to the 3+1 pricing, but this chap will pocket over $100k easily if he lets go above $550psf

Unregistered
25-04-07, 13:26
At $550psf, most ppl will grab at it :P

Unregistered
25-04-07, 13:43
At $550psf, most ppl will grab at it :P

Since he is only asking for 570psf, I supposed he is prepare to lower it. If it is true many folks are willing to grap it at 550psf, he should be able to sell it easily if he is willing lower it some more. Let's see

Unregistered
25-04-07, 14:46
Any thoughts on pros/cons for coastal living versus living on high ground?

As the risks arising from tusnamis, global warming/green house effect are increasing, wonder whether it's safer to live on higher ground?

Then again, mudslide/landslide/soil erosion are imminent problems for hillside living?

Recent reports in Jan this year on mudslide cases are around Hillview areas. Any incidents in the past of mudslide affecting residential areas at BT hill?

Unregistered
25-04-07, 16:06
Since he is only asking for 570psf, I supposed he is prepare to lower it. If it is true many folks are willing to grap it at 550psf, he should be able to sell it easily if he is willing lower it some more. Let's see

Last weekend, an agent did advertise for a rail facing unit (1270 sf) asking for 620 psf

In this type of market, every owner asking for a lot, many agents told me they are quite fed up with it. In one case, the agent couldn't get the price near the owner wanted and yet owner asked him to raise the price by another 3% and advertise again

Unregistered
25-04-07, 16:40
Last weekend, an agent did advertise for a rail facing unit (1270 sf) asking for 620 psf

In this type of market, every owner asking for a lot, many agents told me they are quite fed up with it. In one case, the agent couldn't get the price near the owner wanted and yet owner asked him to raise the price by another 3% and advertise again

Typical of a seller market :)

Unregistered
25-04-07, 17:39
Typical of a seller market :)

Buy Singapore Press Holding
The agent needs to spend a quite a bit on advertising before can close a deal, who gain? you figure

Unregistered
26-04-07, 12:24
Anyone know what's the two convenience shops selling? Are they occupying one or 2 units on the ground floor? Heard the management office is going to occupy one whole unit, true?