PDA

View Full Version : The Orion (D10, Freehold, Sime Properties)

ryan
22-01-07, 17:49
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1157/orion1216ff8410ow.jpg

Standing tall at 27 storeys, Orion offers 46 exclusively designed homes comprising 3 –bedroom and 4-bedroom suites, with only two units on each floor and 2 luxurious penthouses. Its stunning architecture incorporates unique curves into its design and offer its privileged residents panoramic, unobstructed views of the pulsating heart of Orchard Road on the one hand and the lush greenery of Nassim Hill on the other.

Orion is the new epitome of city living catering to the modern, sophisticated and cosmopolitan lifestyle of the Singapore urbanite. A privileged lifestyle that is nestled in the midst of everything – prestigious residential neighbours, elite schools, notable five-star hotel, exclusive private clubs and the best shopping, dining and entertainment in town.

Land Area: 27,450 sq. ft

Tenure: Freehold

Facilities: Infinity pool, children’s pool, barbecue pits, sky gymnasium, spa-in-the-sky, steam room and sky lounge

dude
24-01-07, 15:24
dude, this is already sold out, isn't it?

slave
27-01-07, 21:12
i think there are 2 units left going for 1900 psf for low floor (4th) and 2100 psf for high floor. I think it is value for money cos just behind it is Ardmore II going for 2200-2400psf at launch (may be higher now) and Orange Grove residences which is further down the road is already 2000-2200psf.

It doesnt hv a nice showflat like the others but its location cant be beat.check out th sales office at Sime Darby centre dunearn rd on top of performance motors.

Unregistered
08-03-07, 16:58
Are you kidding??? $1900 psf??? IMO this location is EVEN better than Ardmore Park!

slave
10-03-07, 22:30
latest caveat lodged was for $2000psf. Prices are going up every quarter man! when orchard turn and scotts square is launched the neighbourhood will go up again!

Unregistered
30-05-07, 19:09
This neighbourhood is worth around $3000 psf now. or maybe more.

orioner
02-06-07, 21:40
$3000psf?? I put my orion unit for sale at $2500psf but little response lei..

evelyn owner
11-06-07, 22:41
ask your opinion: i just got offer of $2500psf for orion- shall i sell it?
the neighbourhood is going for betw $2800 Tate to $3200 Cliveden.i know orion is a discount cos it is not a high profile project. shall i take the profit n roll into another condo or hold out for a higher price?

Unregistered
12-06-07, 02:50

Not the right time to sell unless you need the cash urgently. $2500 psf is too low. This location is excellent, and this project is IMO better than those further in like those in Ardmore Park and Claymore. $2500 psf was the launch price for Ardmore II, for god's sake. If you can wait, I suggest waiting till those en blocs like Pin Tjoe and Anderson start to launch. This area will see a different price then.

Unregistered
12-06-07, 11:06
the neighbourhood is going for betw $2800 Tate to $3200 Cliveden.i know orion is a discount cos it is not a high profile project. shall i take the profit n roll into another condo or hold out for a higher price?

I think you better sell it as low profile project usually harder to sell. You can roll it to other higher profile luxury projects like Ardmore II, Paterson residence or The Grange.

evelyn owner
15-06-07, 21:55
i also think that area is worth $3Kpsf since all the new ones at cairnhill and leonie are going for that price but how come i dont get offers? maybe i hv to wait til completion cos buyers like to see see touch touch n orion didnt hv a showflat..i m also thinking of rolling to four seasons park at the same price.a bit old but a perennial fav.what do u think?

Unregistered
15-06-07, 23:07
i also think that area is worth $3Kpsf since all the new ones at cairnhill and leonie are going for that price but how come i dont get offers? maybe i hv to wait til completion cos buyers like to see see touch touch n orion didnt hv a showflat..i m also thinking of rolling to four seasons park at the same price.a bit old but a perennial fav.what do u think?

four seasons park... very nice.

Unregistered
17-06-07, 09:23

Four season land plot is huge. It will definitely got En bloc. Good choice!!!

Unregistered
17-06-07, 13:28
Four season land plot is huge. It will definitely got En bloc. Good choice!!!
how big is the 4seasons plot? comparable with ardmore park's?

evelyn owner
20-06-07, 21:45
ok i got an offer for 2700psf. now thats more like it given that the break even price for ardmore area is now 2800. ardmore pt or pin tjoe will prob launch at 3500 min. qn is shld i sell now or be more greedy? ; )

an agent offered my friend 2900 psf for armore park but he refused!

Unregistered
21-06-07, 10:14
ok i got an offer for 2700psf. now thats more like it given that the break even price for ardmore area is now 2800. ardmore pt or pin tjoe will prob launch at 3500 min. qn is shld i sell now or be more greedy? ; )

imho, i'd say wait. there are quite a number of projects launching in the vicinity, so it is likely to go up some more. your friend is right not to take up the 2900 offer for admore park. with the marq's launch price, prices will be heading up some more.

Unregistered
21-06-07, 10:45

Avelyn owner, Which agent are you using??? Are you sure $2700??

evelyn owner
21-06-07, 22:02
yes anyone wanna sell me orion at 2500? i'll sign immediately!

kalumder
11-02-09, 21:31
reading this thread sure is interesting.

I am looking at a place for own stay as I will be relocating to Singapore end of this year. I have been following the market for quite a while. My conclusion the market is crazy.

Apparently there is a unit going for 1200 psf on propertyguru. Now the unit is first or second floor since it is at tree crown level, judging from the pictures. Since it is for my own stay a low lever unit is unacceptable, especially since I cannot judge the noise level. I presume by the time I visit Singapore again in April the unit will be gone.

Compared to this offer D15 just seems over-priced.

ThomasTan2008
11-02-09, 22:56
1200psf for The Orion? it is really a steal! but I could not find it in propertyguru....care to send the link?

dtrax
11-02-09, 23:03
$1182psf - http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/315330/The-Orion

kalumder
11-02-09, 23:22
$1182psf - http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/315330/The-Orion

that is the one, not sure if I am allowed to post links. easy to find.

ThomasTan2008
14-02-09, 10:38
Thanks all for the link........I think they have revised the asking price to >2k psf , look like some gimmick....:mad:

kalumder
14-02-09, 22:14
Thanks all for the link........I think they have revised the asking price to >2k psf , look like some gimmick....:mad:

3.6 million for an apartment of only 1700 sqft with view of the tree tops? Are agents comedians in disguise?

Well I wish them good luck with that. I can get a unit at the Sail with full bay view at 1600psf. If you put some effort and renovate it, it will be a killer unit. In 10-20 years despite its lease period '(99 years) it will be worth a lot. Considering all the development going into Marina bay and the views that the Sail commands.

I think the agents in Singapore are trying to fix prices on the sales front. Rental income is dropping fast, and you would need to rent out that unit at 10,000 a month to get around 3.3% return. That is not even calculating in property tax, and condo fees. So good luck with that, especially when you look at what is all available and how much of it. The supply will increase in district 9, 10, and 11 in the next (6-18) months.

If you are looking for own stay, and are not bound to a specific street than there is no reason to buy now. There is so much choice but absolute unreasonable expectations.

I know there is a sucker born everyday. How ever I think the supply of suckers has dried off, as they got burned in the recent bubble, time for people to look at the facts.

kalumder
11-03-09, 19:07
hey what a surprise, the property has been relisted at the same price 3,6 million... I guess they have not found a sucker yet.

kalumder
03-04-09, 19:06
update:
according to ura, caveats lodged.
a unit was sold at 2,000,000, 1,507sf, 1,327psf Feb-09