PDA

View Full Version : Carabelle (D5, Freehold, Sim Lian)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

karu
05-10-09, 15:42
Yes, I once fell into the planter. it is not safe for either adults or children.

We did not deck up the planter, because it would be too dangerous for kids to play around the glass panels there. We plan to put soil in the planter and then put cacti there to scare off our kids.

No curtains in our toilets.

Are u filling up the soil directly into the planter? Would the soil choke up the drainage? Unless the planter's drainage is purpose built for holding soil, otherwise I think it's not adviseable to pour soil straight in without any pots or trays. You may want to confirm with the management officeif this can be done.

stalingrad
05-10-09, 15:49
who do u use for decking? can recommend? $400 sounds decently priced

a company named Goodhill.

stalingrad
05-10-09, 15:51
Are u filling up the soil directly into the planter? Would the soil choke up the drainage? Unless the planter's drainage is purpose built for holding soil, otherwise I think it's not adviseable to pour soil straight in without any pots or trays. You may want to confirm with the management officeif this can be done.
a lot of people put soil in the planter directly. that is what planters for. If we are not allowed to put soil in planters directly, then the developer would not have given us a "hole" there. There is a drainage pipe there.

proud owner
05-10-09, 21:46
a lot of people put soil in the planter directly. that is what planters for. If we are not allowed to put soil in planters directly, then the developer would not have given us a "hole" there. There is a drainage pipe there.

i placed potted plants into the planters .. instead of decking it and then place the pots on the decking..

it actually looks nicer ..especially from within the unit...looking out ..the plants appear to be growing from ground level ...whereas with decking .. you can see the pots ..which often are not nice ...

of course the risk is there will be gaps .. just have to be more carful

housewife
05-10-09, 22:51
i placed potted plants into the planters .. instead of decking it and then place the pots on the decking..

it actually looks nicer ..especially from within the unit...looking out ..the plants appear to be growing from ground level ...whereas with decking .. you can see the pots ..which often are not nice ...

of course the risk is there will be gaps .. just have to be more carful

that's what i plan to do. any suggestion what plants that can stand noon sun, 1m tall, big leaves, easy to grow and most importantly cheap? i stay low floor, no privacy, so think of tall plants

proud owner
05-10-09, 22:54
that's what i plan to do. any suggestion what plants that can stand noon sun, 1m tall, big leaves, easy to grow and most importantly cheap? i stay low floor, no privacy, so think of tall plants

not sure what they are called.. but you can find them in most nursery ...cheap and grow fast ..

becos leave is big ..easy to remove .. i normally just cut off the stem when they turn yellow

housewife
05-10-09, 23:29
not sure what they are called.. but you can find them in most nursery ...cheap and grow fast ..

becos leave is big ..easy to remove .. i normally just cut off the stem when they turn yellow :doh: still no idea what plant. any more hint? what price? can recommend any shop nearby?

proud owner
06-10-09, 00:01
:doh: still no idea what plant. any more hint? what price? can recommend any shop nearby?

i bought from the nursery along clementi road .. on a hill top ...

big round leaves .. One leave on one stalk only ...comes in a bunch ..

looks something like these ... http://floraweb.nparks.gov.sg/search/viewDetail.action?pgId=1040435701852609&key=6

proud owner
06-10-09, 00:50
:doh: still no idea what plant. any more hint? what price? can recommend any shop nearby?

i used a mix of non flower leafy plants as well as big leafy flower type like the Heliconia .. most nursery have them

stalingrad
06-10-09, 09:11

I suggest bamboos. They grow tall and strong, sometimes too much so, making your balcony look like a jungle. they serve nicely as a screen too, but in this case a live screen.

xebay11
06-10-09, 09:31
I suggest bamboos. They grow tall and strong, sometimes too much so, making your balcony look like a jungle. they serve nicely as a screen too, but in this case a live screen.

Have you actually used bamboo? It is nice for landscaping but your balcony would be filled with dropped leaves in no time and they may also blow to the common area downstairs or even your neighbours home. The cleaners may complain about your bamboo.

housewife
06-10-09, 10:58
thank u guys for suggestions. are the plants mentioned easy to grow? nursery people would say all easy to grow coz they got green thumb mah. i just wanna water and do nothing else, possible? :p

can anyone identify the plants below? r they easy to grow and stand strong sun?

qus
07-10-09, 00:39
You can check out Chengtai Nursery at Sungei Tengah Rd. Got all my plants from them. Much cheaper than those at Joan Road and huge selection.

They wll bring you on a golf buggy round the nursery and if you see anything you like ask them to stop

proud owner
07-10-09, 00:55
thank u guys for suggestions. are the plants mentioned easy to grow? nursery people would say all easy to grow coz they got green thumb mah. i just wanna water and do nothing else, possible? :p

can anyone identify the plants below? r they easy to grow and stand strong sun?

yes i have them all outdoor ...
rain or shine .. just cut the stalk off at the base .. when they turn yellow ...

they grow easily

if you are living near clementi .. can try the one i mentioned .. at clementi road .. on a hill top ..
or along pasir panjang road ..nearer to alexandra road junction ...

housewife
07-10-09, 10:49
thank u guys :) hope i won't kill any plants and feel guilty

housewife
09-10-09, 11:33
very strong smell in built-in wardrobe and kitchen cabinets. have used fan to ventilate for 1 wk but still unbearable. any more efficient way? i'll be poisoned.

didn't notice it when viewing botannia. is it the same?

chenjdd
09-10-09, 11:55
very strong smell in built-in wardrobe and kitchen cabinets. have used fan to ventilate for 1 wk but still unbearable. any more efficient way? i'll be poisoned.

didn't notice it when viewing botannia. is it the same?

try some charcoal, smell absorbtion staff from supermarket, fresh bandang leave may also help. I used to have such problem at a rented unit in the Madaira, it takes quite a while but will improve over time...

I thought Singapore has control on furniture materials so that the poision level is at acceptable level, but now i doubt is that so. --hope there is such control in place, anybody has insider information?

BTW, In China furniture/interior decoration poison is a big issue, seriously-- It was reported that thousands of young kids got blood cancer due to such poison.

housewife
09-10-09, 13:08
try some charcoal, smell absorbtion staff from supermarket, fresh bandang leave may also help. I used to have such problem at a rented unit in the Madaira, it takes quite a while but will improve over time...

I thought Singapore has control on furniture materials so that the poision level is at acceptable level, but now i doubt is that so. --hope there is such control in place, anybody has insider information?

BTW, In China furniture/interior decoration poison is a big issue, seriously-- It was reported that thousands of young kids got blood cancer due to such poison.
thanx. i think adults will be poisoned also.

apple3
09-10-09, 21:25

For the wardrobe, flame could eliminate odour effective. Try those spa aroma stuff where you could get at body shop with those short candles. Just be careful of fire and make sure your landlord pay his fire insurance.

Cigar may do the trick. Get someone to smoke beside the wardrobe and leave the door open.

apple3
09-10-09, 21:28

Ya, the handle of the bathroom door may have toxic substances too.
Avoid touching and closing the bathroom door at all.

For the toilet I guess it safe to close it.

home-run
12-10-09, 13:37
Hi folks I have a Carabelle unit for sale @ Stack 06 Blk 53...

U can take a virtual tour of the unit here : http://www.lusholmz.com/104

Below 6th floor,
Pricing is slightly nego
Direct Pool view & furnitures included with all lights fitted.

Interested to view on site pls msg/call me @ 81835132

Cheers:cheers6:

home-run
12-10-09, 13:42
Just to add to the above post...the unit i am selling is 3br (1292sf )

Thx lots...I'm an agt btw ;P;)

Kenshinto80
12-10-09, 13:46
Hi folks I have a Carabelle unit for sale @ Stack 06 Blk 53...

U can take a virtual tour of the unit here : http://www.lusholmz.com/104

Below 6th floor,
Pricing is slightly nego
Direct Pool view & furnitures included with all lights fitted.

Interested to view on site pls msg/call me @ 81835132

Cheers:cheers6:

900psf???? If priced to sell then sell at markup 5% to original purchase price lor...haha.

dtrax
12-10-09, 13:57
900psf???? If priced to sell then sell at markup 5% to original purchase price lor...haha.

Then profit only 2%, after deducting stamp duty?

home-run
13-10-09, 08:24
:doh: this one is 2nd owner leh...how to sell close to developer pricing...

Reporter
13-10-09, 10:13
:doh: this one is 2nd owner leh...how to sell close to developer pricing...
2nd owner?
Sounds like selling cars?

I thought asset sales (like property sale) are different?

CDS1234
03-12-09, 15:48
Hi hi,

Anyone can advise if i can still get a 2BR + S(947sqf) at stack 12,13 , 28,29 MID FLOOR for $750k and below ?
Are all these units NE facing?

Thanks!

pearly
03-12-09, 16:09
Hi hi,

Anyone can advise if i can still get a 2BR + S(947sqf) at stack 12,13 , 28,29 MID FLOOR for $750k and below ?
Are all these units NE facing?

Thanks! most listing now range from 800+ to 900+

One done in oct for stack 29 at 879 psf, level 9

for orientation see :

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housing-in-singapore/singapore-property/site-plan-CARABELLE.htm

25-01-10, 09:54
An overpriced project now
Posted on Nov 12, 2009 by X Qiu
Carabelle was initially sold at a relatively low price; at 650k, you can secure a 883sqft unit at more than 7th floor half a year ago. Now for a similar size unit, the price has risen by more than 150k, a 25% increase in price - 10% higher than the record islandwide 15.9% increase in private property price!!

I personally do not think that Carabelle is worth at the present situation, simply because of four main reasons:

1) The quality is rather bad; I was there for viewing and the main gate to each block of the condo is already rusting. Isn't it suppose to be a new condo?! The interior finishing: average to poor; for e.g. the wardrobes are make of un-lacquered inferior quality wood.

2) It is far away from shops, malls, public transport -- not much amenities there.

3) The expressway is in front of the condo; peace and quietness is not what you can expect in Carabelle. Location is not ideal.

4) Condo facilities are the norm, land space is average.

In short, the price of Carabelle now is definitely not justifiable. Should Singapore's economy takes a dip or any imposed correction takes place, buyers who buy Carabelle now could find their property value depreciate markedly. Everything is cyclical - things go up and down.

I was there ready to buy since that region is near my workplace; however, I was rather disappointed with the development.

The above are just my humble opinions.

xebay11
25-01-10, 10:16
Carabelle was initially sold at a relatively low price; at 650k, you can secure a 883sqft unit at more than 7th floor half a year ago. Now for a similar size unit, the price has risen by more than 150k, a 25% increase in price - 10% higher than the record islandwide 15.9% increase in private property price!!

I personally do not think that Carabelle is worth at the present situation, simply because of four main reasons:

1) The quality is rather bad; I was there for viewing and the main gate to each block of the condo is already rusting. Isn't it suppose to be a new condo?! The interior finishing: average to poor; for e.g. the wardrobes are make of un-lacquered inferior quality wood.

2) It is far away from shops, malls, public transport -- not much amenities there.

3) The expressway is in front of the condo; peace and quietness is not what you can expect in Carabelle. Location is not ideal.

In short, the price of Carabelle now is definitely not justifiable. Should Singapore's economy takes a dip or any imposed correction takes place, buyers who buy Carabelle now could find their property value depreciate markedly. Everything is cyclical - things go up and down.

I was there ready to buy since that region is near my workplace; however, I was rather disappointed with the development.

Hmm so which development you considering?

stalingrad
25-01-10, 10:16
I am not here to defend carabelle. I am here to tell the truth.

(1) Some stacks can be noisy, but many are not. At some stacks, you could hear a pin drop.

(2) How many condos in Singapore can boast of an Olympic sized pool, like Carabelle? Not many. I have been to many condos at bukit timah, many have pools that resemble bathtubs.

(3) How many condos have a gym as well equipped as that at carabelle? We have four treadmills and two ellipticals, plus variety of other machines.

(4) if cub 8 can sell for $1,300 psf while it is so close to PIE, what is the fair price of carabelle? is the current 900psf too high? How about hundred trees? it is closer to aye that carabelle, but many people felt no qualms about plunking down 950psf for one unit there.

(5) have you been to jurong point, west coast plaza, and imm recently? Not to mention that yet to be completed new clementi plaza. these are as good as any shopping malls at orcard. carabelle is close to all of these new malls. Plus we have a shuttle bus that takes you to clementi mrt, if you did not own a car?

In summary, it is hard to say what is over or under-priced. If you feel it is overpriced and feel content to stay in your hdb, all the kudos to you. as someone say, accept what you have and don't be too materialistic. but if other people are wiling to shell out 900 psf for this condo, who are we to say that it is overpriced? my wife certainly loves carabelle. she says that just the pool alone would make her choose this condo. if you don't swim, you would be happier living in hdb.

Maninthestreet
25-01-10, 11:06
Previous post by Avatar:
"happen to travel along AYE a few weeks ago with my colleagues in my car and he commented what are these HDB blocks doing in a private estate...I took a look and told him these are not HDB and it is Carabelle condo....strange enough, nowadays, HDB are getting more and more better in terms of design and sometimes you may mistaken HDB as Condo or Condo as HDB...one thing for sure is...HDB will not built a unit with huge balconies.

In fact I am looking for a ready unit among Botannia, Carabelle, Infiniti...I took a look at units of Carabelle and got a shock that units are having two balconies and large aircon ledge area..:doh: The kitchen area is even smaller than the balcony. Doing a comparison between Carabelle and Infiniti, I think both are along AYE and Infiniti is more attractive than Carabelle in terms of price...but among the three, the best is Botannia which is located far from AYE. I still waiting for an owner in Botannia to offer lower but if not, I will go for Infiniti instead."

Hi Avatar,

I see that both your recent posts are very negative "Carabelle". Perhaps you wish the current owners would reduce their asking price for their units there...by making them feel that their properties are not worth so much?

If you really like Infiniti and Botannia, by posting negatively on Carabelle, aren't you inviting others, who are interested in this area, to bid up the prices on the exact properties (Infinity & Botannia) you mentioned you wish to purchase...

Which leads me to think you actually do not mind the flaws of Carabelle and the property you are aiming for is actually ...

What the heck...what do I know....happy hunting. :)

august
25-01-10, 11:09
every property has its + and -

is all a matter of asking price ~

25-01-10, 13:58
Hi Avatar,

I see that both your recent posts are very negative "Carabelle". Perhaps you wish the current owners would reduce their asking price for their units there...by making them feel that their properties are not worth so much?

If you really like Infiniti and Botannia, by posting negatively on Carabelle, aren't you inviting others, who are interested in this area, to bid up the prices on the exact properties (Infinity & Botannia) you mentioned you wish to purchase...

Which leads me to think you actually do not mind the flaws of Carabelle and the property you are aiming for is actually ...

What the heck...what do I know....happy hunting. :)

So you mean forummers here speaks an opposite tone? I wasn't thinking in that line as what you mentioned above but more of sharing my view and what I see on the three developments there.

I do mind the two large balconies of Carabelle for sure..which is typical of SimLian projects.

Well, thanks, not in a hurry but looking around....

stalingrad
25-01-10, 14:21
Not to argue with you or anything. but your remark that carabelle resembles HDB estate is in my view ludicrous. Have you seen the parc? have you seen metropolitan. those do resemble HDB. carabelle doesn't like HDB at all. first, it is not a contiguous block, as is the case with parc. Second, it is almost entirely wrapped in glass. which HDB has that kind of construction? HDB is entirely brick and mortar.

25-01-10, 14:22

(1) Some stacks can be noisy, but many are not. At some stacks, you could hear a pin drop.

(2) How many condos in Singapore can boast of an Olympic sized pool, like Carabelle? Not many. I have been to many condos at bukit timah, many have pools that resemble bathtubs.

(3) How many condos have a gym as well equipped as that at carabelle? We have four treadmills and two ellipticals, plus variety of other machines.

(4) if cub 8 can sell for $1,300 psf while it is so close to PIE, what is the fair price of carabelle? is the current 900psf too high? How about hundred trees? it is closer to aye that carabelle, but many people felt no qualms about plunking down 950psf for one unit there.

(5) have you been to jurong point, west coast plaza, and imm recently? Not to mention that yet to be completed new clementi plaza. these are as good as any shopping malls at orcard. carabelle is close to all of these new malls. Plus we have a shuttle bus that takes you to clementi mrt, if you did not own a car?

In summary, it is hard to say what is over or under-priced. If you feel it is overpriced and feel content to stay in your hdb, all the kudos to you. as someone say, accept what you have and don't be too materialistic. but if other people are wiling to shell out 900 psf for this condo, who are we to say that it is overpriced? my wife certainly loves carabelle. she says that just the pool alone would make her choose this condo. if you don't swim, you would be happier living in hdb.

I am here to say the truth about my opinion too but being a resident there, isn't your opinion not objective?

You haven't been to many condos, do you? What makes you think alot of condo do not have olympic size swimming pool?

I think your comments that condo having swimming pool resemble bathtub is exaggerating.

Having shuttle service has its disadvantage too as it will add on to your maintenance fee in the future as usually developers will only subsidy for the residents until a certain period.

Hmm..I see your previous postings that you have been ruthless in comments to other projects.
The funny thing is your posting on other projects that they are expensive (e.g if a project can sell so much, then Carabelle can also fetch so much), etc....but over here, you asking who are we to say that Carabelle is overpriced? So, who are you to say Cube8 cannot be selling at $1,300psf?

25-01-10, 14:29
Not to argue with you or anything. but your remark that carabelle resembles HDB estate is in my view ludicrous. Have you seen the parc? have you seen metropolitan. those do resemble HDB. carabelle doesn't like HDB at all. first, it is not a contiguous block, as is the case with parc. Second, it is almost entirely wrapped in glass. which HDB has that kind of construction? HDB is entirely brick and mortar.

Haha...I think you are just staying and moving around in District 5...to say that HDB s entirely brick and mortar is totally wrong! Maybe you stilll living in 1990s or before. Or you could be blind thereafter...

Sorry, those remark that Carabelle resembles HDB not from me, but from my colleagues...you didn't know how to read?

teddybear
25-01-10, 14:38
How to compare Carabelle to Cube8's location (1 in D5 OCR and the other in D11 CCR)? The market is telling us that Cube8 is worth $1200-1400 psf despite close to PIE. The market is also telling us that Carabelle is worth less than an average of $900 psf (may be due to many other factors despite further away from AYE). At least Cube8 doesn't need shuttle bus, still can walk to Novena MRT station and Novena Square. If need shuttle bus means the condo must be damn ulu (i.e. very inconvenient located). :scared-1:
Ultimately, the residents would have to pay for the shuttle buses costs via their monthly maintenance fees (or see the shuttle buses discontinued). Olympics size swimming pool is big deal? (Please divide by number of units x number of bedrooms first and you will find that the swimming pool's volume per bedroom is actually no big deal - macam like EC if too many units in the condo estate as always too crowded).

teddybear
25-01-10, 14:41
To me, entirely wrap in glass is almost a definite NEGATIVE point. Wait till 20 or more years later and see what happen to these glasses? Why developers like to use glasses? Come on, most will know that the costs are so much cheaper than to use cement and sand! In future, the costs of replacement of the glasses rest on the owners (but cement and sand does not need replacement).

xebay11
25-01-10, 15:03
Having shuttle service has its disadvantage too as it will add on to your maintenance fee in the future as usually developers will only subsidy for the residents until a certain period.

Hmm..I see your previous postings that you have been ruthless in comments to other projects.

MCs are not allowed shuttle services to be added to the maintenace fees, and ultimately, it just adds to the cost per residents, and also later there will be disputes by some residents who do not support the shuttle service as they do not need it.

Shopping in the West like IMM, JP, West Coast Plaza as Stalingrad suggests? Come on these are heartlander shopping areas, only good for picking up the usual quick grocery.

What goes around comes around for him.

schoz
25-01-10, 16:14

I feel all properties in sg is overpriced now. But still, if you dont get it,others will. For prices to go down again, need to wait for next cycle lo.

xebay11
25-01-10, 16:18
I feel all properties in sg is overpriced now. But still, if you dont get it,others will. For prices to go down again, need to wait for next cycle lo.

How many cycles in a 30yr loan tenure? Don't forget to factor in the affordibility factor in the tenure of loan you can take.

amk
25-01-10, 16:31
It's alright lah. Completely expected response from stalingrad. :)

How to compare Carabelle to Cube8's location (1 in D5 OCR and the other in D11 CCR)? The market is telling us that Cube8 is worth $1200-1400 psf despite close to PIE. The market is also telling us that Carabelle is worth less than an average of $900 psf
This is the most objective statement so far.

With FEO/CDL creating benchmark pricing everywhere in the island, I share Reporter's feeling that, in no time, there will be no project that costs less than 1k psf. That is, until the next crash. ;)

25-01-10, 17:51
MCs are not allowed shuttle services to be added to the maintenace fees, and ultimately, it just adds to the cost per residents, and also later there will be disputes by some residents who do not support the shuttle service as they do not need it.

Shopping in the West like IMM, JP, West Coast Plaza as Stalingrad suggests? Come on these are heartlander shopping areas, only good for picking up the usual quick grocery.

What goes around comes around for him.

I think his view is restricted only to district 5 and his dear Carabelle is the best......Cube 8 selling at $1,300 psf and he think his Carabelle can be also at the same price. And his glass walls...haha..give him and his wife a fish tank and I think they can live happily ever after in it...

stalingrad
26-01-10, 07:39
I think his view is restricted only to district 5 and his dear Carabelle is the best......Cube 8 selling at $1,300 psf and he think his Carabelle can be also at the same price. And his glass walls...haha..give him and his wife a fish tank and I think they can live happily ever after in it...
Yes, that is how we are. We are simple people, and easily contented. We live simply, and we eat simply. And we exercise regularly, and we do not engage in any bad activities, like gambling in the real estate market. But we live our lives fully, and have no time to deal with fools like you.

But no matter what garbage we hear from you and the uncouth loudmouth xebay, we are not selling carabelle to you for less than 1300psf.

Condorich
26-01-10, 07:53
Yes, that is how we are. We are simple people, and easily contented. We live simply, and we eat simply. And we exercise regularly, and we do not engage in any bad habits, like gambling in the real estate market. But we live our lives fully, and have no time to deal with fools like you.

But no matter what garbage we hear from you and the other uncouth loudmouth xebay, we are not selling carabelle to you for less than 1300psf.

Sorry to Hijack, I don't think he will buy also. Anyway it is ultimately offer and acceptance, one party offers and the other party accepts, just like a marriage proposal. I'm sure you know things may be destined to fail from the very beginning. If you can find someone to buy from you at $1300 psf, we will all be happy for u.

Property prices is definitely over priced now.... can check on the prices after a major interest rate hike.... fools and their money is easily parted.

stalingrad
26-01-10, 08:53
Sorry to Hijack, I don't think he will buy also. Anyway it is ultimately offer and acceptance, one party offers and the other party accepts, just like a marriage proposal. I'm sure you know things may be destined to fail from the very beginning. If you can find someone to buy from you at $1300 psf, we will all be happy for u.

Property prices is definitely over priced now.... can check on the prices after a major interest rate hike.... fools and their money is easily parted.

That is not the issue. I am not saying the market is overpriced or underpriced. I am saying that if you can live in the west, and enjoy everything that the rich folks can enjoy in prime districts, while paying a fraction of the price that they pay, you are ahead in the game, isn't it? In the case of Carabelle, the price is less than 1,000, and you get to enjoy more facilities than cube 8, and we are near all the new shopping malls that are as good as those at orchard, then why would you pay 1,300 psf for cube 8 instead of paying 900 psf for carabelle?

what can you get from owning a cube 8 condo that you cannot get by owning carabelle? just the bragging right about the district you live in?

xebay11
26-01-10, 09:17
That is not the issue. I am not saying the market is overpriced or underpriced. I am saying that if you can live in the west, and enjoy everything that the rich folks can enjoy in prime districts, while paying a fraction of the price that they pay, you are ahead in the game, isn't it? In the case of Carabelle, the price is less than 1,000, and you get to enjoy more facilities than cube 8, and we are near all the new shopping malls that are as good as those at orchard, then why would you pay 1,300 psf for cube 8 instead of paying 900 psf for carabelle?

what can you get from owning a cube 8 condo that you cannot get by owning carabelle? just the bragging right about the district you live in?

Cube 8 trounces Carablle's location by a large margin being at the city fringe, much more foreigner friendly, to say the the new shopping malls in the West are as good as those at Orchard, last time I checked, I could not find Hour Glass, LV, Etienne Aigner, Zegna, Hugo Boss etc at the neighbourhood malls, wonder what are you smoking?

You are entitled to your preference for living at the Carabelle but please don't make foolish comparisons.

stalingrad
26-01-10, 09:31
Cube 8 trounces Carablle's location by a large margin being at the city fringe, much more foreigner friendly, to say the the new shopping malls in the West are as good as those at Orchard, last time I checked, I could not find Hour Glass, LV, Etienne Aigner, Zegna, Hugo Boss etc at the neighbourhood malls, wonder what are you smoking?

You are entitled to your preference for living at the Carabelle but please don't make foolish comparisons.

How foreigner friendly do you want? Carabelle is bursting at the seams with foreigners. If any more foreigner friendly, we may as well call carabelle foreignbelle. the same goes with botannia, and the infiniti.

All those stores you are talking about, do you frequent those stores yourself? There is new york new york at west coast plaza, as well as starbucks. there is din tai fung at jurong point. in terms of retailers, john little is at jurong point. C.K Tang is at vivocity, together with many other brand name retailers. carabelle is only a short drive away from c.K. Tang.

proud owner
26-01-10, 09:41
How foreigner friendly do you want? Carabelle is bursting at the seams with foreigners. If any more foreigner friendly, we may as well call carabelle foreignbelle. the same goes with botannia, and the infiniti.

All those stores you are talking about, do you frequent those stores yourself? There is new york new york at west coast plaza, as well as starbucks. there is din tai fung at jurong point. in terms of retailers, john little is at jurong point. C.K Tang is at vivocity, together with many other brand name retailers. carabelle is only a short drive away from c.K. Tang.

is CUbe next to Toa payoh ? with PIE in the middle ?

what amenities around there ?

xebay11
26-01-10, 09:47

Foreigner friendly as in favoured by foreigners to buy as a holiday home due to proximity to Novena MRT and Orchard Road, this is favourable to the Indonesians.

Thoses stores or class of stores you mentioned can almost be found in any HDB Central Shopping centres and there are many neighbourhood shopping centre with condos now, so again there is no real advantage staying at the Carabelle.

xebay11
26-01-10, 09:49
is CUbe next to Toa payoh ? with PIE in the middle ?

what amenities around there ?

Indonesians like the area due to the closeness to TTSH for medical treatment and also the Novena MRT and Orchard Road.

proud owner
26-01-10, 09:50
Indonesians like the area due to the closeness to TTSH for medical treatment and also the Novena MRT and Orchard Road.

is it near Sky@11 ?

stalingrad
26-01-10, 09:53

thank god you are telling me that. I was thinking about moving to the novena area, to be close to all those hospitals.

xebay11
26-01-10, 09:54
is it near Sky@11 ?

About 2-3kms on the other side of the PIE near SJI.

xebay11
26-01-10, 09:56
thank god you are telling me that. I was thinking about moving to the novena area, to be close to all those hospitals.

Go check the map dude, Cube 8 is a comfortable distance away. Carabelle also quite near NUH.

stalingrad
26-01-10, 09:58
Foreigner friendly as in favoured by foreigners to buy as a holiday home due to proximity to Novena MRT and Orchard Road, this is favourable to the Indonesians.

Thoses stores or class of stores you mentioned can almost be found in any HDB Central Shopping centres and there are many neighbourhood shopping centre with condos now, so again there is no real advantage staying at the Carabelle.
I am not saying that there are advantages to living in carabelle. I am saying there are no disadvantages living in carabelle vs. cube 8. In that case, what is the point paying 1,300psf for cube 8 instead of paying 900psf for carabelle, for for that matter, botannia or even hundred trees? plus, we have a huge pool that both me and wife love so much.

xebay11
26-01-10, 10:01
I am not saying that there are advantages to living in carabelle. I am saying there are no disadvantages living in carabelle vs. cube 8. In that case, what is the point paying 1,300psf for cube 8 instead of paying 900psf for carabelle, for for that matter, botannia or even hundred trees? plus, we have a huge pool that both me and wife love so much.

That is good for you.

stalingrad
26-01-10, 10:04
That is good for you.

Mmmmm...? is this xebay that loudmouth obnoxious xebay? what did you psychiatrist prescribe for you to calm you down?

xebay11
26-01-10, 10:10
Mmmmm...? is this xebay that loudmouth obnoxious xebay? what did you psychiatrist prescribe for you to calm you down?

Me obnoxious? I am always calm, just wondered why you got so riled up that ppl are paying $1300 psf for Cube 8? Would I pay that kind of money for that location? No but everything is just willing seller willing buyer, every property has its price, opponents and proponents.

teddybear
26-01-10, 10:53
Surely there are advantages of Cube 8 vs Carabelle (since transacted prices in same period of $1300 psf vs <$900 psf is already telling us something and waiting for us to dig out):
1) Walking distance to Novena MRT (about 1 km).
2) Walking distance to 3 shopping malls (Novena Square + Velocity, Square 2, United Square).
3) 2 MRT stations from Orchard MRT station and Orchard shopping belt.
4) 3 km from Orchard MRT station and Orchard shopping belt or 5 mins by driving.

Can Carabelle beat that? Oh my gosh! How to compare?
If the West like IMM or Jurong Point is comparable to Orchard Road, then the Govt should hold National Day Celebration in the West, retailers should have a West Road to put up fanciful decorations for festive seasons like Christmas, and the West will be the NEW CCR! (Then Orchard and surrounding areas become OCR But before they can achieve that, they will have to shift all the heavy industries in the West and Jurong Island to the North or East first). :p

stalingrad
26-01-10, 11:28
Surely there are advantages of Cube 8 vs Carabelle (since transacted prices in same period of $1300 psf vs <$900 psf is already telling us something and waiting for us to dig out):
1) Walking distance to Novena MRT (about 1 km).
2) Walking distance to 3 shopping malls (Novena Square + Velocity, Square 2, United Square).
3) 2 MRT stations from Orchard MRT station and Orchard shopping belt.
4) 3 km from Orchard MRT station and Orchard shopping belt or 5 mins by driving.

Can Carabelle beat that? Oh my gosh! How to compare?
If the West like IMM or Jurong Point is comparable to Orchard Road, then the Govt should hold National Day Celebration in the West, retailers should have a West Road to put up fanciful decorations for festive seasons like Christmas, and the West will be the NEW CCR! (Then Orchard and surrounding areas become OCR But before they can achieve that, they will have to shift all the heavy industries in the West and Jurong Island to the North or East first). :p

You call those walking distances? what are you? an ostrich, horse or giraffe?

jozz91
26-01-10, 11:41
beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder... every development has its pros n cons.

I have a very disgusting, ugly, noisy colleague whom everyone detests. Guess what, someone actually loves her and they got married not too long ago :banghead:

There are 300 over units in Carabelle, surely 300 families cant be wrong rite, I dont see them selling their houses desperately :cool:. In fact, the neighbours whom I spoke to, including myself, loves Carabelle.

Of course, it's not perfect. One thing I cant stand is that the management doesnt allow residents to use hose to wash cars although there are easily 10 washing points. :mad:

Most of the pros n cons have been brought up by Stalingrad, Avatar and others.

Just want to mention that I actually like the location, peacefulness of Carabelle. (my unit rests in a tranquil corner of the development).
It's only 3 short bus stops away from Clementi MRT station or 1 bus stop away from Clementi town if you alight at Blk 431 along AYE.
I tried all these when I sent my car for repair. Seriously, there is no need for feeder bus.

In front of Carabelle is Hong Leong Gardens Shopping Centre, many may feel that this is a forsaken ghost town but it actually serves the residents around there very well.
There are 4-5 very restaurants. The jap ones are especially good, less than 10bucks can get you a very nice jap meal.
There is also a provision shop that sells stuff at a reasonable price.
Not forgetting the chocolate shop that sells yummy, sugar free chocolate.

When I craves for sinful roti prata or fried kway tiao, I will take a 10min stroll to Aye Rajah Market. The food there is nice n cheap. Besides, the stall owners at the market are very friendly, we get vegetables, fish there every week.

Alternatively, a short drive can bring me to Clementi, West Coast or Teban Gardens market.

West Coast Recreation Centre is 2 bus stops or a few minutes drive away. It's great place for pool players and bowlers. Our trips there are usually followed by Jack's Place. Haha.

My kid loves West Coast Park : macdonalds, gigantic playground and a great spot to fly kites. I actually see my neighbours jog there.

Coming home from anywhere is smooth as long as we take AYE or PIE, the entrance is conveniently located at the AYE exit.

There are of course other reasons why people buy Carabelle, sons studying in Nan Hua, working nearby, parents living nearby, etc etc etc.

Let's just discuss these in peace and hope the information can be useful to others who are considering an unit nearby :cheers4:

Lastly, not sure if there is pro or con, the wind there is strong and never ending.... ;)

stalingrad
26-01-10, 11:48
Hi,jozz, good post. don't forget that we are also within a walking distance of an MRT station. since we are only 1km from clementi MRT, we are within a walking distance based on how walking distance is defined by teddybear. but franky, I am too old to walk 1km, unlike him. I prefer to drive my old toyota.

teddybear
26-01-10, 19:05
1km is actually walking distance from Cube8 to Novena MRT station, and very direct also because just walk out of Cube8 and walk along Thomson Road straight and he/she will hit Novena MRT station, no need to climb overhead bridges or turn left and right and left and right etc. To some people, they can still walk so they buy Cube8. To me I can't so I don't buy there.

On the other hand, Carabelle is more than 1km in radius from Clementi MRT station. To actually walk to Clementi MRT station I also don't know how, may be walk along West Coast road, then turn left, then turn right, then turn left, walk along AYE, cross overhead bridge, turn left into Clementi then turn right then turn left ....(blah blah blah) - I got lost already. Actual walking distance including climbing overhead bridges may be 2km? If 1km is not walkable, 2km is like living in the mountain and cannot walk out? :banghead:

Just to walk out to take a bus from Carabelle also have to walk so far away. Cube8 residents just need to walk out of their estate and there is already a bus stop beside there, just take almost any bus and they can arrive at Novena MRT station about 2 bus stops away. Try taking a public bus from Carabelle to Clementi MRT station? Before that, have to walk and turn left and right and left? Alight from bus still have to walk left and right and left...? :D

You call those walking distances? what are you? an ostrich, horse or giraffe?

Property_Owner
26-01-10, 19:34
omg....comparing a D5 with D11? Faint:doh:

xebay11
26-01-10, 20:01
If anything the Parc is much better located, cross the AYE and you are basically at Clementi Central.

26-01-10, 21:19

Certainly not! Like i said before, besides the two big balconies and poor quality of furnishing given by the developer, now knowing Stalingrad stays in this project really put me off...I wouldn't want to risk having a neighbour like him or even having him staying in the same project.

By reading his previous postings, you can see how shallow he is....

By the way, residents of Carabelle (including Jozz) whose kids is studying or going to study in Nanhua Pri, Stalingrad looks down on Nanhua Primary school if you happen to browse through his previous postings. Good luck if you have such neighbour staying next to you. But if you are Angmoh, I guess he will kiss your butt..:spliff:

26-01-10, 22:25
Posted under this thread on 19 June 2009

what a happy go luck type!! that is the spirit. hope you have no kids that will take part in PI registration this year. I am beginning to worried about my oldest son. Can he get into Nanhua or not?

Posted under The Parc Thread on 22 Oct 2009

I agree with you only heartlanders will like to send their kids to nanhua, where neither the teachers nor the students speak any english. We live very close to nanhua, but we would never send our kids to nanhua.

I think he is a hypocrite....likely is that his son couldn't get into NanHua...:spliff:

jitkiat
26-01-10, 22:31
likely is that his son couldn't get in NanHua...:spliff:

China is sure to become world's superpower by 2020. Proficiency in Chinese is an asset. You see our Mr Lee is so anxious that our English speaking kids do not like Chinese. And our legendary investor Jim Rogers can second that.

Yes, I am sending my kid to a SAP school - Higher Chinese standard in Singapore primary school is considered very low compared to standard in Taiwan, China or even Malaysia.

stalingrad
27-01-10, 07:23
Posted under this thread on 19 June 2009

Posted under The Parc Thread on 22 Oct 2009

I think he is a hypocrite....likely is that his son couldn't get into NanHua...:spliff:
Yes, we couldn't get into nanhua because we are foreigners living in Singapore.

stalingrad
27-01-10, 07:26
1km is actually walking distance from Cube8 to Novena MRT station, and very direct also because just walk out of Cube8 and walk along Thomson Road straight and he/she will hit Novena MRT station, no need to climb overhead bridges or turn left and right and left and right etc. To some people, they can still walk so they buy Cube8. To me I can't so I don't buy there.

On the other hand, Carabelle is more than 1km in radius from Clementi MRT station. To actually walk to Clementi MRT station I also don't know how, may be walk along West Coast road, then turn left, then turn right, then turn left, walk along AYE, cross overhead bridge, turn left into Clementi then turn right then turn left ....(blah blah blah) - I got lost already. Actual walking distance including climbing overhead bridges may be 2km? If 1km is not walkable, 2km is like living in the mountain and cannot walk out? :banghead:

Just to walk out to take a bus from Carabelle also have to walk so far away. Cube8 residents just need to walk out of their estate and there is already a bus stop beside there, just take almost any bus and they can arrive at Novena MRT station about 2 bus stops away. Try taking a public bus from Carabelle to Clementi MRT station? Before that, have to walk and turn left and right and left? Alight from bus still have to walk left and right and left...? :D

Have you heard about overhead bridges? There is one next to carabelle across AYE. Just cross it and it's smooth sailing to clementi MRT. haha, talk about obnoxious and ignorant, all rolled into one.

xebay11
27-01-10, 07:28

That is no excuse to slag off Nan Hua as a school for neighbourhood kids.

So I suppose your child(ren) are enrolled in which International School?

27-01-10, 08:15

I think you are not only hypocrite but a liar...:spliff: Basically you lost all your credibility in whatever rubbish came out from your mouth...

You are wrong. both carabelle and botannia are crawling with expats. We live in Carabelle, and both our neighbors are from UK. On our floor, we the the only locals.

When we look out from our balcony, we see tons of blondes with blue eyes sunbathing on their balconies. I don't think these are owners-occupiers. Basically, I estimate only 30% of residents in these area are locals.

most of these ang mohs work in fusionpolis and bipolis. our neighbors include one scientist, one therapist, and one special school teacher. all from UK.

RG appeals to mainly expats, so it is mostly owned by investors/speculators. My wife once said that she would not live there, as there are too many foreigners hanging around there drunk and looking for cheap thrills.

stalingrad
27-01-10, 09:04
I think you are not only hypocrite but a liar...:spliff: Basically you lost all your credibility in whatever rubbish came out from your mouth...

We are PRs, and that made us more local than our neighbors. BTW, don't be so quick to accuse people. relax, take a deep breath and just let your negative thoughts go away. if you can do that, you will be more loved by people around you.

stalingrad
27-01-10, 09:08
That is no excuse to slag off Nan Hua as a school for neighbourhood kids.

So I suppose your child(ren) are enrolled in which International School?

did not slag off anyone. just did not want my kids to go to nanhua and end up sounding like ris low.

yes, they are in an international school, which costs me an arm and a leg. but it is all worth it, because my kids will be more easily reintegrated back to the mainstream when they go back.

xebay11
27-01-10, 09:19
did not slag off anyone. just did not want my kids to go to nanhua and end up sounding like ris low.

yes, they are in an international school, which costs me an arm and a leg. but it is all worth it, because my kids will be more easily reintegrated back to the mainstream when they go back.

Go back where?

Douk
27-01-10, 09:46
Go back where?
malaysia...

sleek
27-01-10, 09:49
So now PRs call themselves Locals? Or only if it benefits them? :p

stalingrad
27-01-10, 09:56
malaysia...

whatever you say. how typical of singaporeans, petty, jealous and obnoxious. I have yet to see one gracious and graceful singaporean after my long stay here.

teddybear
27-01-10, 10:03
Smooth sailing walk to MRT station vs Cube8? Can don't need to cross overhead bridges (old people legs weak cannot climb stairs up and down) and just walk straight from the gate of Carabelle without requiring to turn left and right and left to reach outside of the MRT station? (just like Cube8). :tsk-tsk: How long it takes? :banghead:

Have you heard about overhead bridges? There is one next to carabelle across AYE. Just cross it and it's smooth sailing to clementi MRT. haha, talk about obnoxious and ignorant, all rolled into one.

xebay11
27-01-10, 10:04
whatever you say. how typical of singaporeans, petty, jealous and obnoxious. I have yet to see one gracious and graceful singaporean after my long stay here.

Then why on earth stay here so long? You are welcome to leave by all means, I will be the first to volunteer sending you home and doing Singapore a great favour. Can't say I am not gracious or graceful yeah? LOL :D

And if you really are Malaysian, I find it hard to believe your child is in an International School, cause I don't see how an International School in Singapore will help your kid adjust to backwater Malaysian life.

Douk
27-01-10, 10:11

what's wrong being a malaysian? there are many malaysian owning properties in prime district...

sleek
27-01-10, 10:12
Then why on earth stay here so long? You are welcome to leave by all means, I will be the first to volunteer sending you home and doing Singapore a great favour. Can't say I am not gracious or graceful yeah? LOL :D

And if you really are Malaysian, I find it hard to believe your child is in an International School, cause I don't see how an International School in Singapore will help your kid adjust to backwater Malaysian life.

Sounds more South Asian, then our ASEAN neighbours. ;)

xebay11
27-01-10, 10:15
Sounds more South Asian, then our ASEAN neighbours. ;)

I find him strangely silent on his nationality like as if he is ASHAMED of it.

He mentions Chinese restaurants in IMM and nearly put his child in Nan Hua so may not be South Asian.

stalingrad
27-01-10, 10:18
Smooth sailing walk to MRT station vs Cube8? Can don't need to cross overhead bridges (old people legs weak cannot climb stairs up and down) and just walk straight from the gate of Carabelle without requiring to turn left and right and left to reach outside of the MRT station? (just like Cube8). :tsk-tsk: How long it takes? :banghead:
if you cannot even walk up and down an overhead bridge, you should check yourself into a nursing home, rather than gamble in real estate. I tried once, 12 minutes.

proud owner
27-01-10, 10:20

He mentions Chinese restaurants in IMM and nearly put his child in Nan Hua so may not be South Asian.

people

pls stop this ... thanks

if you think Cube is good ... then buy
if you think carabelle is not good ..then dont buy

we are here to gain knowledge and info .. pros and cons, good and bad of each and every project ..

so lets comment based on ones opinion .. not on individual ..

kum sia xie xie thank you
gracie danke schon tacks myckt
terima kasih

xebay11
27-01-10, 10:21
what's wrong being a malaysian? there are many malaysian owning properties in prime district...

Inferiority complex? Ironic that if he finds Singaporeans so obnoxious and yet he still needs to find a job here and even buys a Condo here, since he is a foreigner I think he should accord his host country and hosts with more respect. Lest when he calls people obnoxious so loosely, four other fingers are pointing back at himself.

I will never go to a foreign country and diss other people's language, style or schools.

stalingrad
27-01-10, 10:25

yes, I am ashamed. I am from the worst country on earth. I speak the worst gibberish and my home was built with mud with a thatched roof. and my home was hit by cyclones day in and day out, while my goats and camels shiver in the drenching rain, while the tornadoes tore apart the woodsheds that my children, wrapped in rags and licking every drop of buckwheat porridge off the floor, cried for misfortunes their parents brought them to.

that is why we moved to your lovely country. happy now?

stalingrad
27-01-10, 10:32
Inferiority complex? Ironic that if he finds Singaporeans so obnoxious and yet he still needs to find a job here and even buys a Condo here, since he is a foreigner I think he should accord his host country and hosts with more respect. Lest when he calls people obnoxious so loosely, four other fingers are pointing back at himself.

I will never go to a foreign country and diss other people's language, style or schools.

Did I diss your language, style or schools? Can't a person reserve the right to make his children speak english with home accent rather than singapore accent, which would make it difficult for them to be reintegrated back into the society that they belong? talk about obnoxious and loudmouth.

xebay11
27-01-10, 10:41
Did I diss your language, style or schools? Can't a person reserve the right to make his children speak english with home accent rather than singapore accent, which would make it difficult for them to be reintegrated back into the society that they belong? talk about obnoxious and loudmouth.

My young family is part foreign too and I don't diss Singapore, and when my children need to reintergrate, I will simply send them back at the correct age and time, if you are here they will pick up the local accent, no need to diss here and there, I make the best use of my stay for my children to learn Mandarin, so that they will have an advantage back home. If they choose to remain there, or in Singapore, Mandarin is an asset. We see ourselves as truly mobile and talented.

Going back to overhead bridges from Carabelle to Clementi, many Singaporeans see them as mountains.

proud owner
27-01-10, 10:54
[quote=xebay
Going back to overhead bridges from Carabelle to Clementi, many Singaporeans see them as mountains.[/quote]

aiyo enuff already lah

still going on about it ...
you think driving along thomson that stretch very nice meh ?

saturday novena church so crowded .. so many cars .. walk along that stretch also can kana lung cancer ... is that why all the medical centres and hospitals are there ????

JUST A THOUGH ... NOT DISPUTING YOU AND ANYONE ..

DONT REBUTT ME PLEASE >>

just trying to make a point .. thats for every Good ..there will be a bad ..
so just enjoy the good of every project ,,, and accept the bad of it ..as long as its within your tolerance level ...

please talk something else other than carabelle and cube
thank you all

stalingrad
27-01-10, 11:40
My young family is part foreign too and I don't diss Singapore, and when my children need to reintergrate, I will simply send them back at the correct age and time, if you are here they will pick up the local accent, no need to diss here and there, I make the best use of my stay for my children to learn Mandarin, so that they will have an advantage back home. If they choose to remain there, or in Singapore, Mandarin is an asset. We see ourselves as truly mobile and talented.

Going back to overhead bridges from Carabelle to Clementi, many Singaporeans see them as mountains.

where from? Thailand?

panamera
27-01-10, 12:02

Dont think he is a Malaysian (what an insult to all the Malaysians if he is)

We know he is a Canadian PR from one of his older posts.

That probably means HK or PRC? My money will be on HK.

sleek
27-01-10, 12:07
Is this the same stalingrad? :rolleyes:

September 26, 2009 Saturday, 02:55 PM (http://comment.straitstimes.com/showthread.php?t=25020)

I am an PR from an english speaking country. My wife is a Singaporean. Tell you the truth, the fact that Singaporeans speak such a strange tongue called Singalish was why I insisted to my wife tha we put our kids in international schools, and retain their foreign citizeships. I cringe every time I hear singaporeans speak english. I cannot bear the thought of having my children speak english like them,

I also agee it is not realistic to expect children to be bilingual at such young ages. The result of emphasizing both chinese and english in schools is that Singporean students are good at neither english or chinese. I had the opportunity to read essays written by Singapore students in universities. Tell you the truth, if they were in high shools in the US, they would get an F for having so many grammatical errors and awkward expressions.

I am not here to insult Singaporeans. I am here to tell the truth about the state of English in Singapore.

gfoo
27-01-10, 13:14
whether one's home country is english speaking or having kids attending int'l school doesn't necessarily put one in the upper echelons of society

27-01-10, 13:48

September 26, 2009 Saturday, 02:55 PM (http://comment.straitstimes.com/showthread.php?t=25020) I I am an PR from an english speaking country. My wife is a Singaporean. Tell you the truth, the fact that Singaporeans speak such a strange tongue called Singalish was why I insisted to my wife tha we put our kids in international schools, and retain their foreign citizeships. I cringe every time I hear singaporeans speak english. I cannot bear the thought of having my children speak english like them,

I also agee it is not realistic to expect children to be bilingual at such young ages. The result of emphasizing both chinese and english in schools is that Singporean students are good at neither english or chinese. I had the opportunity to read essays written by Singapore students in universities. Tell you the truth, if they were in high shools in the US, they would get an F for having so many grammatical errors and awkward expressions.

I am not here to insult Singaporeans. I am here to tell the truth about the state of English in Singapore.

Then his english is equally bad with some many spelling and punctuation mistakes. If he comes from an english speaking country, it is a shame that he couldn't write and read english properly.

The most sad thing for him is...his wife is a Singaporean and he has yet to meet one who is gracious and graceful...I think he must be leading a miserable life all these years. :scared-1:

stalingrad
27-01-10, 14:24
I am here to say the truth about my opinion too but being a resident there, isn't your opinion not objective?

You haven't been to many condos, do you? What makes you think alot of condo do not have olympic size swimming pool?

I think your comments that condo having swimming pool resemble bathtub is exaggerating.

The funny thing is your posting on other projects that they are expensive (e.g if a project can sell so much, then Carabelle can also fetch so much), etc....but over here, you asking who are we to say that Carabelle is overpriced? So, who are you to say Cube8 cannot be selling at $1,300psf?
if this what Avatar can do in writing, I am afraid he cannot do much better than ris low in spoken english. there are so many grammatical errors, I don't know where to start. is this an example of written singlish?

Regulators
27-01-10, 14:27
I was schooled in England and NUS, so I think I am in a better position to comment. It is wrong to say that Singaporeans speak lousier English than British or that we have a more inferior standard of English compared to the British or European for the matter. If one has travelled to various parts of Europe and UK, you will realise that English can sound really strange in some of these places. For example, the Scottish would pronounce 'computer' as 'com-pu-er' as they do not realy pronounce the 't' sound very distinctly. They would pronounce 'iron' as 'i-ren' stressing heavily on the 'r' sound. Mind you, the lady who pronounced in that manner was a teacher in Scotland so would you consider that to be good pronunciation? If you move to other parts of Scotland, you will find British with strange Cockney accents that is hardly intelligible speech. Many Asians equate speaking English fast or with some local accent from a British city with speaking good English, but that ideology is heavily flawed. If you break down the sentences of an English speaking joe on the streets in London, you will be able to spot grammatical errors in their sentences, especially the misuse of past, past perfect and present perfect tenses. Some do not even know their subject-verb agreement that was taught in our primary schools, sad to say. Many of my English classmates feel that Singapore English pronunciation is crisp and clear and is untainted by the heavy local accents in certain parts of their country. If we move to other parts of Europe like Italy, spain and Germany, I can safely tell you that our standard of English is way better than the people in these places in terms of speech and writing. With regard to international schools in singapore, if you send a kid to an american one for English, i think the parent is a goon. If the child is taught to speak like Bush, that will be the end :doh: , if the child is taught to speak like Obama, that is a different matter. But you must remember that Obama was schooled in Asia as a kid. Many singapore kids are sent to international schools because they are underachievers in the local system and i know some parents that do so. The tycoon who bought the expensive scupture is one good example, with an entire family of underachievers all in international schools. :doh:

stalingrad
27-01-10, 14:36
I was schooled in England and NUS, so I think I am in a better position to comment. It is wrong to say that Singaporeans speak lousier English than British or that we have a more inferior standard of English compared to the British or European for the matter. If one has travelled to various parts of Europe and UK, you will realise that English can sound really strange in some of these places. For example, the Scottish would pronounce 'computer' as 'com-pu-er' as they do not realy pronounce the 't' sound very distinctly. They would pronounce 'iron' as 'i-ren' stressing heavily on the 'r' sound. Mind you, the lady who pronounced in that manner was a teacher in Scotland so would you consider that to be good pronunciation? If you move to other parts of Scotland, you will find British with strange Cockney accents that is hardly intelligible speech. Many Asians equate speaking English fast or with some local accent from a British city with speaking good English, but that ideology is heavily flawed. If you break down the sentences of an English speaking joe on the streets in London, you will be able to spot grammatical errors in their sentences, especially the misuse of past, past perfect and present perfect tenses. Some do not even know their subject-verb agreement that was taught in our primary schools, sad to say. Many of my English classmates feel that Singapore English pronunciation is crisp and clear and is untainted by the heavy local accents in certain parts of their country. If we move to other parts of Europe like Italy, spain and Germany, I can safely tell you that our standard of English is way better than the people in these places in terms of speech and writing. With regard to international schools in singapore, if you send a kid to an american one for English, i think the parent is a goon. If the child is taught to speak like Bush, that will be the end :doh: , if the child is taught to speak like Obama, that is a different matter. But you must remember that Obama was schooled in Asia as a kid. Many singapore kids are sent to international schools because they are underachievers in the local system and i know some parents that do so. The tycoon who bought the expensive scupture is one good example, with an entire family of underachievers all in international schools. :doh:
You think the rote learning used in local schools is better? you think that weighing down kids with school bags of 20kg is normal? you think that asking a kid to learn just math and languages is the best way to start their young life? You think that trapping young kids in cram schools called tuition centers is healthy? You think that the high suicide and depression rates for singaporean kids are a good thing?

As for your comments about achievers, let's see who can achieve more? who have more creativity? How many international brand names and entrepreneurs are singaporean? Singapore works hard, that is true. but they have zero creativity and entrepreneurship. that is all the result of the school system that is entirely based on the old, Chinese philosophy about how kids should be educated, which is work work work, but no room for creativity.

27-01-10, 14:39
if this what Avatar can do in writing, I am afraid he cannot do much better than ris low in spoken english. there are so many grammatical errors, I don't know where to start. is this an example of written singlish?

But at least I am not from an english speaking country and write bad english..haha..I never claim my english is good..but on the other hand, you do that to others without first looking at yourself...:doh:

stalingrad
27-01-10, 14:40
But at least I am not from an english speaking country and write bad english..haha..I never claim my english is good..but on the other hand, you do that to others without first looking at yourself...:doh:

a few spelling errors don't matter. at least I know my grammar.

27-01-10, 14:44

Allow me to correct for you again. Hello...you are from english speaking country and you are here to spread your spelling errors to us???

"A few spelling errors don't matter. At least I know my grammar."

Regulators
27-01-10, 14:45
Are you even familiar with the education system in Singapore schools? Our kids do not rote learn and we do not just emphasise on Maths and languages. I would suggest you take a tour of the MOE website at www.moe.edu.sg (http://www.moe.edu.sg) and familiarise yourself with the academic curriculum and co-curricular activities before you embarrass yourself further. Regarding suicide, are you referring to Japan or Singapore? I think you have it all mixed up pal...:doh:

You think the rote learning used in local schools is better? you think that weighing down kids with school bags of 20kg is normal? you think that asking a kid to learn just math and languages is the best way to start their young life? You think that trapping young kids in cram schools called tuition centers is healthy? You think that the high suicide and depression rates for singaporean kids are a good thing?

As for your comments about achievers, let's see who can achieve more? who have more creativity? How many international brand names and entrepreneurs are singaporean? Singapore works hard, that is true. but they have zero creativity and entrepreneurship. that is all the result of the school system that is entirely based on the old, Chinese philosophy about how kids should be educated, which is work work work, but no room for creativity.

stalingrad
27-01-10, 14:48
Are you even familiar with the education system in Singapore schools? Our kids do not rote learn and we do not just emphasise on Maths and languages. I would suggest you take a tour of the MOE website at www.moe.edu.sg (http://www.moe.edu.sg) and familiarise yourself with the academic curriculum and co-curricular activities before you embarrass yourself further. Regarding suicide, are you referring to Japan or Singapore? I think you have it all mixed up pal...:doh:

"emphasise on Maths and languages"? how many grammatical errors are in just 5 words? I rest my case.

stalingrad
27-01-10, 14:50
the correct way of saying it "emphasize math and languages." haha, that is the result of attending local schools.

Regulators
27-01-10, 14:50
Let me test you:

Fill in the blanks with the correct grammatical form.

(1) The crowd ____________________ by the time the police arrives. (disperse)

(2) Everybody except John ___________________ by the teacher in the hall when the principal walked in. (lecture)

stalingrad
27-01-10, 14:55
Not going to play your silly game. I can hear and see what is happening at local schools. most kids in schools cannot say school, they say "skoo." they "request for" something when they request something. they "emphasize on" something when they emphasize something. the list goes on and on.

That is just grammar. don't get me started on pronunciations.

Regulators
27-01-10, 14:57
You are correcting a correct English usage with a flawed one pal. The word 'emphasise' is followed by a preposition and we do not spell the word with a 'z', it is spelled with an 's'. Please go back to school and relearn your grammar.

the correct way of saying it "emphasize math and languages." haha, that is the result of attending local schools.

stalingrad
27-01-10, 14:58
You are correcting a correct English usage with a flawed one pal. The word 'emphasise' is followed by a preposition and we do not spell the word with a 'z', it is spelled with an 's'. Please go back to school and relearn your grammar.
haha, what a laugh. how many people in the world say "emphasize on"? only you singaporeans.

Can't blame you. You talk to each other in "english" and gradually errors get perpetuated, and now even the teachers in schools say "emphasize on" and "request for." to break with past, you need teachers that are properly trained, not those ulu teachers, that are locally trained.

Regulators
27-01-10, 14:58
I don't think you even know your grammar, not that you do not want to play the game. If you regard English as your native language, why can't you answer two simple questions?

Not going to play your silly game. I can hear and see what is happening at local schools. most kids in schools cannot say school, they say "skoo." they "request for" something when they request something. they "emphasize on" something when they emphasize something. the list goes on and on.

That is just grammar. don't get me started on pronunciations.

gfoo
27-01-10, 15:14
haha, what a laugh. how many people in the world say "emphasize on"? only you singaporeans.

who are you to generalize and criticize 'us singaporeans'? how kids speak, behave and carry themselves is all about upbringing - with home environments playing a big part. but so what if they speak singlish? does that make anyone less respectable? the scions of some of the oldest money in singapore speak singlish interspersed with hokkien. surely you're not that myopic?

so please stop your nonsense in a property forum and let's keep conversations here relevant. any person living in a mass market condo and who tried to get his kids into a Tier 2 chinese school but failed hardly has the moral or social authority to lambast us singaporeans, or to teach us to speak 'right'

Regulators
27-01-10, 15:14
Joker, the following is taken from the BBC website:

BBC.adverts.write("leaderboard");Advertisement

BBC.adverts.show("leaderboard");
http://www.bbc.co.uk/includes/blq/resources/gvl/r61/img/header_blocks.gif (http://www.bbc.co.uk/)
Accessibility links (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)

Text only (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/education/betsie/parser.pl)
Skip to content (http://search.bbc.co.uk/search?uri=%2F&go=toolbar&q=emphasise+on#blq-content)
Skip to bbc.co.uk navigation (http://search.bbc.co.uk/search?uri=%2F&go=toolbar&q=emphasise+on#blq-nav-links)
Skip to bbc.co.uk search (http://search.bbc.co.uk/search?uri=%2F&go=toolbar&q=emphasise+on#blq-search)
Help (http://www.bbc.co.uk/help/)
Accessibility Help (http://www.bbc.co.uk/accessibility/)
Access keys help (http://www.bbc.co.uk/accessibility/accesskeys/keys.shtml)
News - South Asia - Indian green lessons for the West (http://search.bbc.co.uk/click/p/1/ds/main/t/News%2520%252d%2520South%2520Asia%2520%252d%2520Indian%2520green%2520lessons%2520for%2520the%2520West/id/17231394224109126457988598899194000/sp/54b51bebd8ed39815167ae6bfc46043d/-/http%253a%252f%252fnews%252ebbc%252eco%252euk%252f1%252fhi%252fworld%252fsouth%255fasia%252f8353651%252estm) . Last updated: 17 Nov 2009

<LI class="result first">1Xtra - Kidulthood to Adulthood - Bashy video exclusive (http://search.bbc.co.uk/click/p/4/ds/main/t/1Xtra%2520%252d%2520Kidulthood%2520to%2520Adulthood%2520%252d%2520Bashy%2520video%2520exclusive/id/17231394224109126457988598899194000/sp/2233bb4d698471739c71b47a65fd0788/-/http%253a%252f%252fwww%252ebbc%252eco%252euk%252f1xtra%252fmax%252fbashy%252eshtml)
Peep our on Ace & Vis' show Watch the videos below and Bookmark this page Bashy said: "Kidulthood to Adulthood relates to the movie because I talk about the characters & emphasise on choices.
www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/max/bashy.shtml

BBC.adverts.write("bottom");Advertisement

BBC.adverts.show("bottom");

Can't blame you. You talk to each other in "english" and gradually errors get perpetuated, and now even the teachers in schools say "emphasize on" and "request for." to break with past, you need teachers that are properly trained, not those ulu teachers, that are locally trained.

Regulators
27-01-10, 15:16
Another one:

<LI class="result first">Hereford and Worcester Culture - Ben Smith (http://search.bbc.co.uk/click/p/10/ds/main/t/Hereford%2520and%2520Worcester%2520Culture%2520%252d%2520Ben%2520Smith/id/17231394224109126457988598899194000/sp/97ac4d59f4e0c403e41e7eb6a4213c20/-/http%253a%252f%252fwww%252ebbc%252eco%252euk%252fherefordandworcester%252fculture%252f2002%252f08%252fben%255fsmith%252eshtml) When studying fine art printmaking, I always tried to emphasise on the processes and techniques of making a print.
www.bbc.co.uk/herefordandworcester/culture/2.../ben_smith.shtml (http://www.bbc.co.uk/herefordandworcester/culture/2.../ben_smith.shtml)

I got plenty more examples, but I am rushing for work. If you want me to give you more grammar lessons, you got to pay me...:)

stalingrad
27-01-10, 15:21
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/emphasize

visit this site, and you will find out how to use the word emphasize. no need quote me any wrong ways of using the word.

stalingrad
27-01-10, 15:25
who are you to generalize and criticize 'us singaporeans'? how kids speak, behave and carry themselves is all about upbringing - with home environments playing a big part. but so what if they speak singlish? does that make anyone less respectable? the scions of some of the oldest money in singapore speak singlish interspersed with hokkien. surely you're not that myopic?

so please stop your nonsense in a property forum and let's keep conversations here relevant. any person living in a mass market condo and who tried to get his kids into a Tier 2 chinese school but failed hardly has the moral or social authority to lambast us singaporeans, or to teach us to speak 'right'
you got it all mixed up. I don't want my kids to be rich. I want my kids to grow up healthy, to not be money driven, to be gracious and graceful, to give seats to the vulnerable, and to make way for others. but most of all, I want my kids to be accepted by their peers back home.

xebay11
27-01-10, 15:37
you got it all mixed up. I don't want my kids to be rich. I want my kids to grow up healthy, to not be money driven, to be gracious and graceful, to give seats to the vulnerable, and to make way for others. but most of all, I want my kids to be accepted by their peers back home.

Looks like you are doing a really bad job of bringing up your children. You should show them, by example, gracious and graceful (?) behavior, and start by learning how to be accepted by your peers here on this very forum.

Your children would look at you in utter shame if they knew what you are posting here and how you diss your host country, put down other developments, laugh at people's linguistic and academic capability. All the while staying and earning your next meal here, they must be thinking their father is a real loser.

Sometimes I wonder are you for real or part of the "Just for Laughs Gags" Asia team?

Sorry Proud Owner, I was really controlling myself.

stalingrad
27-01-10, 15:49
Looks like you are doing a really bad job of bringing up your children. You should show them, by example, gracious and graceful (?) behavior, and start by learning how to be accepted by your peers here on this very forum.

Your children would look at you in utter shame if they knew what you are posting here and how you diss your host country, put down other developments, laugh at people's linguistic and academic capability. All the while staying and earning your next meal here, they must be thinking their father is a real loser.

Sometimes I wonder are you for real or part of the "Just for Laughs Gags" Asia team?

Sorry Proud Owner, I was really controlling myself.
You are controlling yourself? Geez, I wonder what you would say when you are not controlling yourself. proud owner is not stupid, he can see you are your usual self, obnoxious and loudmouth. You need another prescription to calm yourself down.

but how come you refuse to tell me where you are from. ashamed?

gfoo
27-01-10, 16:17

all solid and rational choices, but dun diss us singaporeans mah. that's not very nice... :tsk-tsk:

Property_Owner
27-01-10, 16:26
when will these stop? We here to share property discussion. :doh:

new2mondrian
27-01-10, 18:37
when will these stop? We here to share property discussion. :doh:

don't bother with such crappy folks, though all his comments really gave me a good laugh. :p

probably one of those misfits that couldn't fit in back home....

when a child throws a tantrum, what he wants is probably some attention. the more attention we give, the bigger the tantrum. the best solution sometimes is to ignore the child. being a mother myself, this stance has always worked well. :D

Property_Owner
27-01-10, 19:35
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/

Regulators
27-01-10, 21:48
I just realised the calibre of some of the Ang Moh foreigners our government welcomes into the country. If people like stalingrad thinks so highly of his English and his race, why the hell does he even want to send his kid to Singapore to learn English be it in an international school or a local school here? There is absolutely no way his kid can be isolated from other Singapore kids or Singaporeans so wouldn't it be ironical for him to criticise our command of the English language and being immersed in our culture at the same time? The most ironical part is that his wife is Singaporean and what he has said in this forum is also a direct attack on his own wife. I am not sure if he even realises that or is he plain stupid.:doh:

stalingrad
28-01-10, 07:30
I just realised the calibre of some of the Ang Moh foreigners our government welcomes into the country. If people like stalingrad thinks so highly of his English and his race, why the hell does he even want to send his kid to Singapore to learn English be it in an international school or a local school here? There is absolutely no way his kid can be isolated from other Singapore kids or Singaporeans so wouldn't it be ironical for him to criticise our command of the English language and being immersed in our culture at the same time? The most ironical part is that his wife is Singaporean and wehat he has said in this forum is also a direct attack on his own wife. I am not sure if he even realises that or is he plain stupid.:doh:

If all you singaporeans want is a false sense of security, and don't want to know you have a problem english wise, I will give it to you.

Singaporeans speak and write english impeccably.

28-01-10, 07:45
I just realised the calibre of some of the Ang Moh foreigners our government welcomes into the country. If people like stalingrad thinks so highly of his English and his race, why the hell does he even want to send his kid to Singapore to learn English be it in an international school or a local school here? There is absolutely no way his kid can be isolated from other Singapore kids or Singaporeans so wouldn't it be ironical for him to criticise our command of the English language and being immersed in our culture at the same time? The most ironical part is that his wife is Singaporean and what he has said in this forum is also a direct attack on his own wife. I am not sure if he even realises that or is he plain stupid.:doh:

Like what new2mondrian suggested, let's ignore this spoilt brat once and for all. He has no pride in his own language as he doesn't even bother with his spelling mistakes. :scared-1: No point wasting time reading and replying his postings. Thank God I only met such person in this forum.

gfoo
28-01-10, 08:27
these type of dua kang people are everywhere - stay in a HDB-looking condo kow peh kow bu about psf values then turn around claim that his kids study in an international school after not getting into nanhua. he's obviously not caucasian from the way he talks and his previous posts - prob talking big to coverup all those uncovered lies he's been spewing - somemore diss singkapoleans.

pui.... lim peh not engrand helicoptered tapi dlive plorshay, go conlad lim kopi, ke hour grass buys braygay then sendings kid for airquesttrain classes hua hee leh. na mia chao PR seeh lah

bo tao nao one - wants to argues you kaki target or target individuals, dun lau lan go target singkapoleans in generals. now becomes pubic enema numbor 1

august
28-01-10, 08:35
If all you singaporeans want is a false sense of security, and don't want to know you have a problem english wise, I will give it to you.

Singaporeans speak and write english impeccably.

r u from india?

stalingrad
28-01-10, 08:42
these type of dua kang people are everywhere - stay in a HDB-looking condo kow peh kow bu about psf values then turn around claim that his kids study in an international school after not getting into nanhua. he's obviously not caucasian from the way he talks and his previous posts - prob talking big to coverup all those uncovered lies he's been spewing - somemore diss singkapoleans.

pui.... lim peh not engrand helicoptered tapi dlive plorshay, go conlad lim kopi, ke hour grass buys braygay then sendings kid for airquesttrain classes hua hee leh. na mia chao PR seeh lah

bo tao nao one - wants to argues you kaki target or target individuals, dun lau lan go target singkapoleans in generals. now becomes pubic enema numbor 1

haha, I think he is terribly cute. now that is a fine example of written singlish. I will transcribe it and frame it, and show it to my kids when they grow up.

gfoo
28-01-10, 08:42
r u from india?
well if he is then he should've bought citylights or serangoon gardens where his kids can 'integrate' with the other banglas of their kind

Reporter
28-01-10, 08:48

Kam sia! Kam sia!
Song!

Se mi si "airquesttrain classes hua hee"?

stalingrad
28-01-10, 08:53
well if he is then he should've bought citylights or serangoon gardens where his kids can 'integrate' with the other banglas of their kind
did not know that chinese singaporeans are not only petty and provincial, but they are a bunch of racists too.

let me send this evidence of racism to your PM and see what he is going to say about it. but who am I to try to alert him to this problem? He knows it pretty well, based on his preaching for racial tolerance, which has fallen on many deaf ears.

gfoo
28-01-10, 09:08
Kam sia! Kam sia!
Song!

Se mi si "airquesttrain classes hua hee"?

sng beh eh

gfoo
28-01-10, 09:19
did not know that chinese singaporeans are not only petty and provincial, but they are a bunch of racists too.

let me send this evidence of racism to your PM and see what he is going to say about it. but who am I to try to alert him to this problem? He knows it pretty well, based on his preaching for racial tolerance, which has fallen on many deaf ears.

this is not racism, rather individual profiling of where you and your own belong - i.e the crass, the lying and the ingrates.

you cross the line when you throw a blanket insult vs singaporeans in generL, esp when you are a PR

i have more respect for the folks that wax my cars every weekend

stalingrad
28-01-10, 09:31
this is not racism, rather individual profiling of where you and your own belong - i.e the crass, the lying and the ingrates.

you cross the line when you throw a blanket insult vs singaporeans in generL, esp when you are a PR

Don't shake in your boots. what you wrote was evidence of racism. wait for a letter to straitstime with a copy of your handy work.

Property_Owner
28-01-10, 09:36

Omg, how can u wax every week? Go for paint protection coating. I wouldn't do tat for my S5:doh:

gfoo
28-01-10, 09:38
Omg, how can u wax every week? Go for paint protection coating. I wouldn't do tat for my S5:doh:
i find that waxing each week, adding layer upon layer, seems to be better than than 1 PPS every 3-6 months and washing in between - cheaper too.

you in the audi singapore club?

august
28-01-10, 09:39
Don't shake in your boots. what you wrote was evidence of racism. wait for a letter to straitstime with a copy of your handy work.

so u r from india

Property_Owner
28-01-10, 09:45
i find that waxing each week, adding layer upon layer, seems to be better than than 1 PPS every 3-6 months and washing in between - cheaper too.

you in the audi singapore club?

I send for PPS every 6 months, not to x, few hundreds for a re-coat...
Haha....Up to you to guess...:D :D :D

gfoo
28-01-10, 09:47
my gosh, is that how you think? are you really that racist?

are you saying that you look down on the banglas, or that citylights and serangoon gardens are racial enclaves of a certain race inferior to other races? can not citylights or serangoon gardens be great places to live in?are you also saying that because they are inferior your children cannot 'integrate' with them?

my gosh what exactly are you implying?

Please do not twist remarks about you personally into your own racist agenda - we will have no part of such nonsense here

august
28-01-10, 09:48
any idea the next generation of C Class how will it look like ah? :o

gfoo
28-01-10, 09:49

prob like the E-Class, a honda from the tail end.

this current batch of merc designers should be fired

pmet
28-01-10, 09:51
...and what a shame to Indians! :doh:

I'm not but I know that's their attitude especially when buying houses. I'm not trying to be racists btw but just a sideline observation.

Property_Owner
28-01-10, 10:00
I was there for the preview of Ghost, but a bit too tao kay for me...Also wifey find e name scare e shit out of her...
Maybe will get a Maserati GTS after CNY....no intention to sell e S5...

stalingrad
28-01-10, 10:05
my gosh, is that how you think? are you really that racist?

are you saying that you look down on the banglas, or that citylights and serangoon gardens are racial enclaves of a certain race inferior to other races? can not citylights or serangoon gardens be great places to live in?are you also saying that because they are inferior your children cannot 'integrate' with them?

my gosh what exactly are you implying?

Please do not twist remarks about you personally into your own racist agenda - we will have no part of such nonsense here

Don't and twist and turn and try to get yourself out of this mess. If I were you, I would hire a lawyer, who will argue all that for you in the court of law when my article appears in Straitstimes. it is easy to find out who gfoo really is if the police wants to find out. haha. you are totally cooked.

but not too late, if you would put up a post apologizing to me and all the people you have insulted, I will consider not writing that article. but I give you ten minutes. I am counting.

gfoo
28-01-10, 10:13
I was there for the preview of Ghost, but a bit too tao kay for me...Also wifey find e name scare e shit out of her...
Maybe will get a Maserati GTS after CNY....no intention to sell e S5...

wait for the aston rapide.

Reporter
28-01-10, 10:15
10 minutes is up!

Less-expensive new cars for all of you to consider:
5-series GT, new 5-series, RS5, 335is, new A8, facelifted S-class, facelifted S-class Coupe (formerly CL-class), new A7, new 3-series GT, new 6-series, new 6-series CS, new C-class Coupe, ..........

gfoo
28-01-10, 10:15
Don't and twist and turn and try to get yourself out of this mess. If I were you, I would hire a lawyer, who will argue all that for you in the court of law when my article appears in Straitstimes. it is easy to find out who gfoo really is if the police wants to find out. haha. you are totally cooked.

but not too late, if you would put up a post apologizing to me and all the people you have insulted, I will consider not writing that article. but I give you ten minutes. I am counting.
continuing to place your racist agenda unto me is highly libelous. you are the only one here stroking racial flames, and attacking and defaming me personally

i will warn you to stop stoking racial flames in this forum just to cover up your inadequacies, and will further caution you against any further defamatory remarks against myself.

Property_Owner
28-01-10, 10:22
10 minutes is up!

Less-expensive new cars for all of you to consider:
5-series GT, new 5-series, RS5, 335is, new A8, facelifted S-class, facelifted S-class Coupe (formerly CL-class), new A7, new 3-series GT, new 6-series, new 6-series CS, new C-class Coupe, ..........

Panamera and Murcielago also in my choices.....damn, just couldn't make up my mind....:doh:

After all these years of hardwork guess it's time for me to award myself...:)

stalingrad
28-01-10, 10:22
continuing to place your racist agenda unto me is highly libelous. you are the only one here stroking racial flames, and attacking and defaming me personally

i will warn you to stop stoking racial flames in this forum just to cover up your inadequacies, and will further caution you against any further defamatory remarks against myself.

Okay, fine. just wait for an article in st titled "racists in our midst." I will report you and your remarks to st forum today. just you wait.

Property_Owner
28-01-10, 10:27
Okay, fine. just wait for an article in st titled "racists in our midst." I will report you and your remarks to st forum today. just you wait.

do upon others before they do upon you

gfoo
28-01-10, 10:30

lol and you will have a defamatory suit on your hands.

this coming from someone openly flaming singaporeans

anyone else wants a class action against this guy? i'll foot the bill

proud owner
28-01-10, 10:31
do upon others before they do upon you

walau eh ...

what started as Carabelle vs Cube discussion becomes such heated argument ..

so sad ...

28-01-10, 10:31
We are PRs, and that made us more local than our neighbors. BTW, don't be so quick to accuse people. relax, take a deep breath and just let your negative thoughts go away. if you can do that, you will be more loved by people around you.

Hmm....somehow he had forgotten how to relax and cool down...:spliff2:

Reporter
28-01-10, 10:32
Panamera and Murcielago also in my choices.....damn, just couldn't make up my mind....:doh:

After all these years of hardwork guess it's time for me to award myself...:)
Panamera is cool but Murciélago ... I'm too humble to own ...

Panamera is really cool! I will probably wait for the humble entry-level 3.0-supercharged V6.

Property_Owner
28-01-10, 10:45
Panamera is cool but Murciélago ... I'm too humble to own ...

Panamera is really cool! I will probably wait for the humble entry-level 3.0-supercharged V6.

Only thing I dun like about open top is that I had started to bald..:doh: Sun and rain affect me :banghead:

Regulators
28-01-10, 10:54
it is a crime for a foreigner to incite racial disharmony in our country as well, and please look through your own postings. Also if you get an Interview from ST, tell the reporter that her English sucks and everybody's English on this island sucks and suggest to them that you should become the ST chief editor as well. You might as well just divorce your wife since you have made a genuine mistake marrying a Singaporean and can't bear hearing the English spewing from her mouth. If she later gets to learn that you are all messed up in the head, she will sympathise and forgive you

gfoo
28-01-10, 11:00
it is a crime for a foreigner to incite racial disharmony in our country as well, and please look through your own postings.

much more than that, he has taken my remarks about nice places to live - imbued it with his own inclinations that those places and banglas are less than ideal, and defamed me for being a racist.

how much does carabelle cost now? i wonder if that is enough to compensate for injury to my reputation.

august
28-01-10, 11:09

haha, but i think still look better than current beemers leh ...

august
28-01-10, 11:12
dun wait, do it now, and cc india times & The age in melbourne too ~

Regulators
28-01-10, 11:14
i think we should just avoid engaging with this wasted cause. I think he is just one of those half past six expat and not in the same league as those million- making expats.
much more than that, he has taken my remarks about nice places to live - imbued it with his own inclinations that those places and banglas are less than ideal, and defamed me for being a racist.

how much does carabelle cost now? i wonder if that is enough to compensate for injury to my reputation.

august
28-01-10, 11:17
i think we should just avoid engaging with this wasted cause. I think he is just one of those half past six expat and not in the same league as those million- making expats.
he wont dare to write to ST Forum, cos if he does that his real identity will be known to the whole world. hum ji type :cool:

stalingrad
28-01-10, 11:28
he wont dare to write to ST Forum, cos if he does that his real identity will be known to the whole world. hum ji type :cool:
you are wrong. it has been sent.

I attached to the forum letter the html of this forum, so the readers can see who is the racist. I don't mind letting people read my postings, I said nothing wrong. I told the truth, unlike some of you racists.

maybe I should send it to Singapore police too.

gfoo
28-01-10, 12:05

I attached to the forum letter the html of this forum, so the readers can see who is the racist. I don't mind letting people read my postings, I said nothing wrong. I told the truth, unlike some of you racists.

Then let me state it clearly to ST and anyone else to read:

My initial post and intentions only adhere to your own wishes for your children to better integrate with their paternal nationality, which you say speaks impeccable english. You have stated your wish for them to 'integrate' back to that nationality publicly. It was thus my personal suggestion, with no malice aforethought, that they could better 'integrate' as you say in cultural communities that they can identify with - this after your entire diatribe putting down Singaporeans and their English.

However, you have taken this out of context - mixed it with whatever misguided perception that staying in the cultural communities in Citylights and Serangoon Gardens is some sort of racist slant - especially when the majority of residents there are of mixed cultures. Similarly, I live close to Chinatown because I want my children to learn of and appreciate their roots. It is sad that you have grossly misinterpreted the issue, and acted even after clarification.

I put it to you that allegedly you are using a 'racist agenda' to cover up your initial statements slamming Singaporeans in general for their poor command of English et al - a sleight of hand to detract this conversation from the main issue:

That You Have in Open Forum Publicly Lambasted and Slammed Singaporean Citizens and The Culture of Speaking Singlish

I further put it to you that allegedly you have - in taking what I have said completely out of context - sought to damage my reputation, and in addition sought to belittle the national belief system and educational confines i have grown up in, not to mention the depreciation of how Singaporeans communicate in the past, present and future.

Your statement comparing international schools vs local schools and the implied quality of instruction is deplorable. As a Singapore citizen, I am rudely taken aback by your attack on Singaporeans, extremely insulted, and have been stressed by your continuous injury on the Singapore system.

It is regretful that as a Permanent Resident, you do not and have not been a little sensitive to your host country's cultural sensitivities. What's more, you have sought to take things out of context and turn your insensitivity into a racial matter

Again, I counsel you not to take my remarks out of context just to satisfy your own agenda. What you are doing, and I repeat myself, is highly libelous, and can lead to certain defamation of my reputation.

I reserve all rights.

xebay11
28-01-10, 12:09
Double post.

xebay11
28-01-10, 12:14
For racism to exist there must be evidence of widespread hatred against a certain race, I don't see any evidence here. A simple remark of suggesting that if you may be of South Asian descent you would tend to buy into Little India area, I would term that as just an observation, just like many North East Asians tend to live in SF Bay area, particularly Chinatown, is that considered racist?

All I can see here in this thread is blatant insulting of the Singapore education system, attacks on the methods used by the MOE and personal attacks on SG citizens and not to mention, the probable devaluation of Carabelle condo development if word of this Starlingrad person living there ever gets around to the press, just like the Everitt Road case.

Good luck.

Reporter
28-01-10, 12:14
For racism to exist there must be widespread evidence of hatred against a certain race, I don't see any evidence here.

All I can see is blatant insulting of the Singapore education system, attackes on the methods used by the MOE and personal attacks on SG citizens and not to mention the probable devaluation of Carabelle condo development if word of this Starlingrad person living there ever gets around to the press, like the Everitt Road case.

Good luck.
Should I avoid the whole Carabelle condo or just the block that he is staying?

xebay11
28-01-10, 12:16

Do the other 300+ residence a favour and leave their property values alone, just avoid buying the unit he lives in.

Reporter
28-01-10, 12:18
Do the other 300+ residence a favour and leave their property values alone, just avoid buying the unit he lives in.
OK. Thanks. Sounds like a fair advice.

xebay11
28-01-10, 12:19
Then let me state it clearly to ST and anyone else to read:

My initial post and intentions only adhere to your own wishes for your children to better integrate with their paternal nationality, which you say speaks impeccable english. You have stated your wish for them to 'integrate' back to that nationality publicly. It was thus my personal suggestion, with no malice aforethought, that they could better 'integrate' as you say in cultural communities that they can identify with - this after your entire diatribe putting down Singaporeans and their English.

However, you have taken this out of context - mixed it with whatever misguided perception that staying in the cultural communities in Citylights and Serangoon Gardens is some sort of racist slant - especially when the majority of residents there are of mixed cultures. Similarly, I live close to Chinatown because I want my children to learn of and appreciate their roots. It is sad that you have grossly misinterpreted the issue, and acted even after clarification.

I put it to you that allegedly you are using a 'racist agenda' to cover up your initial statements slamming Singaporeans in general for their poor command of English et al - a sleight of hand to detract this conversation from the main issue:

That You Have in Open Forum Publicly Lambasted and Slammed Singaporean Citizens and The Culture of Speaking Singlish

I further put it to you that allegedly you have - in taking what I have said completely out of context - sought to damage my reputation, and in addition sought to belittle the national belief system and educational confines i have grown up in, not to mention the depreciation of how Singaporeans communicate in the past, present and future.

Your statement comparing international schools vs local schools and the implied quality of instruction is deplorable. As a Singapore citizen, I am rudely taken aback by your attack on Singaporeans, extremely insulted, and have been stressed by your continuous injury on the Singapore system.

It is regretful that as a Permanent Resident, you do not and have not been a little sensitive to your host country's cultural sensitivities. What's more, you have sought to take things out of context and turn your insensitivity into a racial matter

Again, I counsel you not to take my remarks out of context just to satisfy your own agenda. What you are doing, and I repeat myself, is highly libelous, and can lead to certain defamation of my reputation.

I reserve all rights.

Why not write to the Singapore Immigration and see your MP to see what they have to say about his PR status.

gfoo
28-01-10, 12:20
I think what this stalingrad fella fails to understand that slamming condos is one thing, but slamming another's nationality and culture is crossing the line.

FEO vs CDL, D10 vs D11, Lambo vs Ferrari, GO vs ALS, Harley vs OCC - disagreement in forums is fun and expected.

But NOT when it crosses nationalities, citizenship, culture and race - somemore with nothing to do about the focus of the forum. Especially not when you insult Singaporeans in open forum.

Mr Funny or any moderator here - can you ban this fella?

gfoo
28-01-10, 12:22
Why not write to the Singapore Immigration and see your MP to see what they have to say about his PR status.

Let's see his real name in his no-basis complaints and frivolous forum letter first.

Then if he has defamed me, I will act.

gfoo
28-01-10, 12:24
Let's see his real name in his no-basis complaints and frivolous forum letter first.

Then if he has defamed me, I will act.

Oh and by the way, if he has defamed me, and has wasted my time, I bill US$250 per hour.

What a nice way to pad up my timesheets

Reporter
28-01-10, 12:24

Next-gen CLS is a nicer E-class?

Maybe they will have a CLE out of next C-class to fight Audi A5 Sportsback?

august
28-01-10, 12:32

he claims to hv sent it to ST, lets wait to find out stalingrad's real identity. :D

gohsoonk
28-01-10, 12:33

Word of fairness. The words emphasize and emphasise are the same. One is British variant while the other is American variant.

xebay11
28-01-10, 12:34
I don't see how his accusation of racism can even stand to any scrutiny in a legal argument, Stalingrad has never even openly declared what race he belongs to.

I think maybe Australia is a much better place for him.

xebay11
28-01-10, 13:10
did not know that chinese singaporeans are not only petty and provincial.....

Isn't this a racist remark towards Singapore Chinese? What does he mean by provincial? meaning Chinese Singaporeans are rural and uncouth? Why only Chinese? Does he HATE Chinese people? He should be permanently banned in this forum for such remarks.

Oh dear I think his statement is far racist then anything here so far, wonder what ST reporters think if they read his posts?

august
28-01-10, 13:16
I don't see how his accusation of racism can even stand to any scrutiny in a legal argument, Stalingrad has never even openly declared what race he belongs to.

I think maybe Australia is a much better place for him.
no pride in his own race perhaps? thats sad

xebay11
28-01-10, 13:18
no pride in his own race perhaps? thats sad

So how can he cry that he is a victim of racism?

august
28-01-10, 13:24
So how can he cry that he is a victim of racism?
imagine the internal angst/conflict he must struggle with every waking hour and minute ~ i am beginning to pity him :scared-5:

xebay11
28-01-10, 13:30

Have you sent it to the Singapore Police yet? I don't want them to miss my highlighted quote of yours about Chinese Singaporeans.

Regulators
28-01-10, 13:47
Exactly, and how does stalingrad even know those were posted by Chinese? I think he is more racist here and he knows it for himself. If he brings this up in the papers and we can bring a link between his real name and his forum name here, we should write to the immigration authorities and have his PR status revoked for grossly insulting our nationals. Racism is not just about directing an insult to an ethnic group, it can also be to a particular nationality, I read somewhere in the law books.

Isn't this a racist remark towards Singapore Chinese? What does he mean by provincial? meaning Chinese Singaporeans are rural and uncouth? Why only Chinese? Does he HATE Chinese people? He should be permanently banned in this forum for such remarks.

Oh dear I think his statement is far racist then anything here so far, wonder what ST reporters think if they read his posts?

Regulators
28-01-10, 13:55
The following definition of racism will make stalingrad a racist.

What is racism?

Racism is treating somebody differently or unfairly because they belong to a different race or culture, or because of their religious beliefs or nationality.

http://www.need2know.co.uk/law/equal_opportunities/article.html/id=507

xebay11
28-01-10, 13:56
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Seditious+Libel

What about Seditious Libel? I would like to see Starlingard charged for that too.

"Written or spoken words, pictures, signs, or other forms of communication that tend to defame, discredit, criticize, impugn, embarrass, challenge, or question the government, its policies, or its officials; speech that advocates the overthrow of the government by force or violence or that incites people to change the government by unlawful means."

He has defamed Govt Ministries like the MOE.

gfoo
28-01-10, 14:04
and don't forget his civil liability if he has defamed any of us

28-01-10, 14:14
We paid about 600psf from the developer, sim Lian, which is a fair price. We do have a kid starting schooling next year. So, for me to sell, my kid has to hate Nanhua, which is possible, given that my son doesn't speak a lot of Chinese.

From the above, I suspect his wife is chinese.

We even checked out QiFa primary nearby. It is a new school with new buildings and everything. So, if we don't get into Nanhua, we will settle for Qifa. I don't think that our sons will receive lousy education at Qifa. the idea every kid, bright or stupid, should go to star schools does not make sense. It is kids that make schools great or lousy, not the other way around. if the school is really that bad, MOE would have taken actions.
SAP is good and bad. If you go to one of those, you can not opt out of higher chinese. NHPS is one of those. My son speaks mostly english, but he knows a lot of swear words in chinese. I hope NH teachers will put up with him rather than beat him with a stick. haha. I hope we don't get in in phase 2C. that would force us to apply for Qifa, which is a non-SAP school.
Thank you for the excellent information. We like Qifa too. I am not kiasu enough to commit suicide if my kids end up in Qifa. I myself came from a very bad school, and I have done alright in life. Alright enough to own a unit at Carabelle.

We have a lot in common, but with the genders switched. I am canadian, but my wife is singaporean.

yes, we will take part in 2C supplementary for Qifa if we don't get into nanhua. We don't like clementi primary because it has two sessions. my kids take naps. he has been accepted by canadian international and will start PI come august. we will take him out in january after finding out which local school will take him.

the new campus for CIS will not be ready for another year, according to the principal. IMHO, two years are more likely. that is why we are thinking of local schools.

My boy is very smart, so I would think that international school is too easy for him. another reason we are thinking of local schools, which are known to be very tough.

Hmm...strange to read his post above as he sent his sons to International school and yet thinking of putting his sons back to local school.

……We bought carabelle because my wife kept nagging me about being "cash rich and asset poor."

yes, I really look forward to TOP, so I no longer have to hear my wife nag about our cash in the bank earning less than 1%. my wife would kill me if I bought medicine from HDB medicine hall and fed it to my kids. She would not just kill me, she would douse gasolene and burn my remains to show how angry she is. haha, wouldn't dare to buy any traditional chinese medicine from any one, however reputable he or she is.

And he is afraid of his wife!

jsh
28-01-10, 14:21

September 26, 2009 Saturday, 02:55 PM (http://comment.straitstimes.com/showthread.php?t=25020)

I am an PR from an english speaking country. My wife is a Singaporean. Tell you the truth, the fact that Singaporeans speak such a strange tongue called Singalish was why I insisted to my wife tha we put our kids in international schools, and retain their foreign citizeships. I cringe every time I hear singaporeans speak english. I cannot bear the thought of having my children speak english like them,

I think a lot of people are mistaken about the kind of english that's taught & spoken in the classroom & outside of class. Singaporeans are adaptable and able to recognise the type of english that should be used officially & when bantering among fellow Singaporeans.

Due to the ignorance of many foreigners , it is assumed that Singaporeans speak only one kind of english & that's Singlish. But this is not so. We only use Singlish as a kind of social english among Singaporeans in the right setting. It would be futile to speak Singlish to a foreigner as it will not be understood.

Also in the classroom Singlish is not used simply because the students will all fail their english exams at O levels because its conducted by the British. So there's really no need to worry. We have many students who score very high marks in the examinations on english conducted by instituitions from the country that speaks the queen's english.

unregistered881
28-01-10, 14:54

Me not defending Ms. Ris Low...but at least condom company Espire has appointed her to be their youth ambassador, to promote its latest product as well as advocate safe *** to Singapore youths

No good meh?

unregistered881
28-01-10, 15:10
Forget to add...you can also find Ms. Ris Low listed in wikipedia. Cheers!

EBD
28-01-10, 16:14
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/emphasize

visit this site, and you will find out how to use the word emphasize. no need quote me any wrong ways of using the word.

This is the american spelling. People in Singapore use the British spelling.

That's why we have Centrepoint not Centerpoint here.

Google emphasise, you will find plenty of online dictionaries reporting it to be correct.

Just my 2 pennies :)

Reporter
28-01-10, 17:16
http://classy.sg/files/ad_attachments/0001/5487/carabelle.jpg

Gentlemen, it's breaktime here at the Carabelle thread. Please kindly stop posting and enjoy your cup of coffee or tea.

stalingrad
28-01-10, 17:22
This is the american spelling. People in Singapore use the British spelling.

That's why we have Centrepoint not Centerpoint here.

Google emphasise, you will find plenty of online dictionaries reporting it to be correct.

Just my 2 pennies :)
the issue is not about how to spell the word, it is about whether you should say "emphasize something" or "emphasize on something." the same goes with "request something" or "request for something." okay?

28-01-10, 19:41
Hmm...who dare to say HDB is just bricks and mortars?

More photos at http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Walkabout+at+Singapore's+first+DBSS+HDB+flats+-+Tampines+Premier/

Another HDB at
http://propertyhighlights.blogspot.com/2009/04/simei-condo-style-flats-no-balloting.html (http://propertyhighlights.blogspot.com/2009/04/simei-condo-style-flats-no-balloting.html)

And both projects are built by Sim Lian...:spliff:

Regulators
28-01-10, 22:43
http://www.siamdailynews.com/2009/12/31/emphasise-on-quality-productivity-iium-staff-members-told/ (http://www.siamdailynews.com/2009/12/31/emphasise-on-quality-productivity-iium-staff-members-told/)

Emphasise On Quality, Productivity, IIUM Staff Members Told

google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);

Thursday, December 31, 2009, 5:41
Asia (http://www.siamdailynews.com/category/asia/)
Add a comment (http://www.siamdailynews.com/2009/12/31/emphasise-on-quality-productivity-iium-staff-members-told/#respond)
google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);
KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 30 (Bernama) — Chief Secretary to the Government Tan Sri Mohd Sidek Hassan has urged staff of the International Islamic University of Malaysia (IIUM) to create a work culture that emphasised on quality and productivity.
Sidek, who is also president of IIUM, said such a culture which also prioritised acquisition of knowledge and new skills to meet the ever changing demands of the job market could guarantee the continued success of the university.
“I would like to stress here that a competitive workforce is vital for the survival of IIUM in facing future challenges,” he said at IIUM’s Staff Appreciation Night 2009, here, Tuesday night.
At the event, 96 staff members and ex-staff were rewarded for their long service and contributions to the university.
Thirty-seven staff members received the “Long Service Award-25 Years”, 56 the “Long Service Award-15 Years”, two former staff members received the “Retiree Award” while the sole recipient of the university’s “Significant Contribution Award” was its former IIUM council member (2005-2008, Dr Mohd Daud Bakar.

the issue is not about how to spell the word, it is about whether you should say "emphasize something" or "emphasize on something." the same goes with "request something" or "request for something." okay?

EBD
29-01-10, 15:10

"emphasize math and languages." <-should be maths.

So we can't use grammar, and you can't spell or capitalise properly.
Sounds like a wash.

No need for everyone to get so worked up. okay?

EBD
29-01-10, 15:19
http://www.siamdailynews.com/2009/12/31/emphasise-on-quality-productivity-iium-staff-members-told/ (http://www.siamdailynews.com/2009/12/31/emphasise-on-quality-productivity-iium-staff-members-told/)

google_pro

That doesn't prove anything to be fair. I've seen plenty of [sic] riddled articles in newspapers before.

Anyhow, it's not like anyone cannot genuinely understand each other.

Regulators
29-01-10, 22:00
The English language does evolve over time and we sometimes have to accept it.

That doesn't prove anything to be fair. I've seen plenty of [sic] riddled articles in newspapers before.

Anyhow, it's not like anyone cannot genuinely understand each other.

novel
11-02-10, 14:58

why is that so? I thought your wife is a singaporean?

this is so unfair right? Ris Low is just one bad example and you gotta slam everyone even kids that are in NanHua?!

novel
11-02-10, 15:08
beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder... every development has its pros n cons.

I have a very disgusting, ugly, noisy colleague whom everyone detests. Guess what, someone actually loves her and they got married not too long ago :banghead:

haha...this is sooo FUNNY!!! You really make me laughed so much when I read your post.

01-03-10, 18:53
I got a shock when I was told by a close friend of mine (during CNY gathering) that Sim Lian had quality problems with HDB project at Punggol...his unit was built by Sim Lian and his tiles all popped up in the middle of the night! In the end, Sim Lian got to replace all his tiles but he chose to buy his own tiles (with Sim Lian providing the hacking and replacement) instead of getting from Sim Lian.:doh:

I went to search internet and saw postings about this quality problems at punggol website and it seem that it was not just one case! And it was even in the news! (http://forum.punggol.org/index.php/topic,4631.msg309283.html#msg309283)

So, be careful..who knows Carabelle units' tiles will pop up one day!

august
01-03-10, 22:09
iirc Sim Lian also had quality issues with tampines hdb flat.. anyone remember the news about one owner finding a hole in his flat wall to look into his neighbour's unit ...

01-03-10, 22:17
iirc Sim Lian also had quality issues with tampines hdb flat.. anyone remember the news about one owner finding a hole in his flat wall to look into his neighbour's unit ...

Oh dear!! Some more forum to read as per link....if one cannot build HDB properly, I wonder how well they can build condo......:doh:
http://forum.punggol.org/index.php/topic,6210.60.html

Quotes:
1) a lot of the popped tiles shattered under our weight with a loud crackling sound... it's so damn scary just to walk in and out of the rooms and kitchen lah! luckily those that shattered are covered by cardboard already cos they popped too badly... so won't hurt us... but now the popped tiles have spread way beyond the area covered by the cardboard...

2) the popping has spread from underneath the cardboard to all the tiles from my main door come in to kitchen, washroom and all 3 bedrooms... all popped and several cracked. =( but it's an area that's unavoidable...

3) see that my neighbour currently having their tiles replaced...seems to be by HDB and the contractor is Sim Lian.

4) they've sent one uncle up to removed the tiles that have shattered or are threatening to shatter... and they can just be easily pried up with bare hands lor... can you imagine how hollow it was?! the inside... the cement has a lot of hollow holes... sigh~ bad workmanship, now they gotta pay back with the long long queue of claims... the long stretch of tiles that were removed, that area's once again covered with cardboard... and yes, we gotta live on cardboard like this until early jan... sigh~

01-03-10, 22:32

I think you mean this news link as attached below?

http://business.asiaone.com/Business/My+Money/Property/Story/A1Story20090421-136484.html

jdm
29-03-10, 23:02
This condo is famous for bad landscaping (no trees around the pool) and cheap finishings. So many for sale and no takers. Give it a miss.

novel
01-06-10, 14:38
famous for bad landscaping and finishing? :confused: I think there are alot of other projects worst off wor even in the same district ...

there is even is one recent transaction at $1045 psf :scared-4: u said there is no takers?

stalingrad
02-06-10, 10:04
famous for bad landscaping and finishing? :confused: I think there are alot of other projects worst off wor even in the same district ...

there is even is one recent transaction at $1045 psf :scared-4: u said there is no takers?

Novel, have you finally given up and bought a unit here. If so, welcome aboard.

devilplate
02-06-10, 10:57
is infiniti a better buy for tat area since it is the cheapest?

housewife
02-06-10, 12:06
is infiniti a better buy for tat area since it is the cheapest?
though infiniti/carabelle/botannia/montery park in that area, a lot of differences: e.g. accessibility to road/busstop by car or on foot, noise from AYE, furnishing quality etc. These really depend on ur personal preference. For infinity for example, can you stand the noise. I have not viewed any infiniti unit, but when I stand in the footpath between carabelle and infiniti (inside carabelle, where the noise from AYE is already reduced by infiniti), i'm quite disturbed by the noise. But i also notice that a lot of people close their windows to use aircon though their units not facing AYE, so I guess that's just a habit. If that's your habit, give it a try at Infiniti.

Pricewise i feel infiniti not bad

devilplate
02-06-10, 13:53
i tot all facing aye except botannia?

Maninthestreet
02-06-10, 16:13
i tot all facing aye except botannia?

dp, some infinity units face inside towards carabelle, not AYE. these units are less noisy and dusty but they may lack privacy. you may want to see the units that are at the other end, facing inwards nearer to botannia and the field...less blockage. i think infinity not bad...built by fraser centrepoint and they were launched at abt $550 psf. so if 1st owner is offered something higher than that, say $750-800, he might let go...happy hunting.

devilplate
02-06-10, 16:26
me not buying...just feel infiniti better deal

directly outside infiniti got a bus stop somemore..dun hf to rely on shuttle bus

novel
03-06-10, 15:38
Novel, have you finally given up and bought a unit here. If so, welcome aboard.

:ashamed1: .... :p

novel
03-06-10, 15:40
me not buying...just feel infiniti better deal

directly outside infiniti got a bus stop somemore..dun hf to rely on shuttle bus

each of his own...you buy or dun buy no big deal nobody forcing you. If you think Infiniti is a better deal then go ahead. :)

novel
03-06-10, 15:44
though infiniti/carabelle/botannia/montery park in that area, a lot of differences: e.g. accessibility to road/busstop by car or on foot, noise from AYE, furnishing quality etc. These really depend on ur personal preference. For infinity for example, can you stand the noise. I have not viewed any infiniti unit, but when I stand in the footpath between carabelle and infiniti (inside carabelle, where the noise from AYE is already reduced by infiniti), i'm quite disturbed by the noise. But i also notice that a lot of people close their windows to use aircon though their units not facing AYE, so I guess that's just a habit. If that's your habit, give it a try at Infiniti.

Pricewise i feel infiniti not bad

I have viewed Infiniti, in terms of price it is the cheapest among the condos there. And moreover it is FREEHOLD thou alot of ppl might said 999 and Freehold almost the same :P

Facilities wise.. ok lah they have all the basic there no lap pool but still can swim afew "narrow" laps heehee. Got basketball/tennis court, small gym. The biggest disadvantage is the noise. Really quite impactful.

karu
04-06-10, 10:34
I have viewed Infiniti, in terms of price it is the cheapest among the condos there. And moreover it is FREEHOLD thou alot of ppl might said 999 and Freehold almost the same :P

Facilities wise.. ok lah they have all the basic there no lap pool but still can swim afew "narrow" laps heehee. Got basketball/tennis court, small gym. The biggest disadvantage is the noise. Really quite impactful.

Infiniti is in deed value for money. The pools are pretty large imo... There's actually a lap pool away from the main one. Noise wise, if u choose the correct stack & facing, it can be minimise. Just dun go for those with pool / aye view....

devilplate
04-06-10, 10:58
each of his own...you buy or dun buy no big deal nobody forcing you. If you think Infiniti is a better deal then go ahead. :)

this is a forum and suppose to discuss ppty/projects

can only discuss if we r vested or keen to get one? u vy shallow

novel
04-06-10, 11:02
hey, I am just pointing out that if you dun like then no big deal get infiniti, why you must attack ppl being shallow?

And I also did highlight the pro and cons of Infiniti too. Who is shallow? :mad:

devilplate
04-06-10, 11:03
hey, I am just pointing out that if you dun like then no big deal get infiniti, why you must attack ppl being shallow?

And I also did highlight the pro and cons of Infiniti too. Who is shallow? :mad:

watever:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

novel
04-06-10, 11:09
Infiniti is in deed value for money. The pools are pretty large imo... There's actually a lap pool away from the main one. Noise wise, if u choose the correct stack & facing, it can be minimise. Just dun go for those with pool / aye view....

karu, you stayed in infiniti? Facing where to get minimized noise?

stalingrad
04-06-10, 15:42
the market speaks loud and clear. while you may opt for a unit facing away from AYE to get a good night's sleep, you still have to bear the incredibly loud noise emanating from AYE when you use the facilities. Of course, you can opt not to use the facilities to avoid the racket. Either way, you lose a lot as a home owner. That explains why the market value of the Infiniti is way below those of adjacent condos.

I was once in the infiniti, to use the loo. the loo was nice and quiet, but when I got out and made a wrong turn into the pool area, boy, it was very very loud. I couldn't even hear myself think. just imagine someone spending one hour swimming in that pool. It must have been very unpleasant.

jdm
07-06-10, 17:04
No URA transactions at the Carabelle since March. No interest in this condo, or asking prices are too high?

gohsoonk
08-06-10, 00:08
No URA transactions at the Carabelle since March. No interest in this condo, or asking prices are too high?

I feel that somehow the buying frenzy has slowed tremendously. Subsales is slow. Only new developer sales is good (relatively speaking).

devilplate
08-06-10, 00:26
I feel that somehow the buying frenzy has slowed tremendously. Subsales is slow. Only new developer sales is good (relatively speaking).

in a way, isnt it a blessing in disguise? in March, ppl r toking about ppty bubble building too fast.

teddybear
08-06-10, 13:56
So Govt has achieved their aim for more sustainable price growth (albeit slower but steadier - meaning any time come in now also can make gains, don't wait till 3 years later). :D

in a way, isnt it a blessing in disguise? in March, ppl r toking about ppty bubble building too fast.

devilplate
08-06-10, 14:36
EU has done us a favour

govt no nid to headache to come out with new cooling measures..:D

novel
16-06-10, 10:14

i think asking price too high... a recent listing of 3bedrooms 1259psf asking for $1050 psf :eek:

maria
18-09-10, 19:57
Heard from one shopowner in Hong Leong Garden shopping centre that their builidng (due to some reason ) has to go for enbloc. Is it true?

Jeff Soh
17-10-10, 09:15
It will be nice if HL Shopping Centre is redeveloped with some eateries and a supermarket.:)

plan
17-10-10, 14:22
i think asking price too high... a recent listing of 3bedrooms 1259psf asking for $1050 psf :eek:

Not just asking... but it had became a real transaction as recently as Sept, even just after gov measures, above $1K++ psf!

63 West Coast Way #11-25
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$1,016 psf
1259 sq ft
$1280k
08 Sep 10 (OTP start date)

I think valuations are increasing across D5...
with real supporting demand.

rattydrama
17-10-10, 16:22
But the 1% could be issued before 30 Aug as usually it takes 14 days to exercise the OTP. So OTP dated 15 Sept onwards is more accurate.

There are alot of upside potential. Must give thanks to Far East horizon hill at pasir panjang.

Not just asking... but it had became a real transaction as recently as Sept, even just after gov measures, above $1K++ psf!

63 West Coast Way #11-25
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$1,016 psf
1259 sq ft
$1280k
08 Sep 10 (OTP start date)

I think valuations are increasing across D5...
with real supporting demand.

plan
17-10-10, 23:52
But the 1% could be issued before 30 Aug as usually it takes 14 days to exercise the OTP. So OTP dated 15 Sept onwards is more accurate.

There are alot of upside potential. Must give thanks to Far East horizon hill at pasir panjang.

Date submitted to ura must normally be otp start date, not otp execise date lah.

rattydrama
17-10-10, 23:59
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10019

I asked before.

DaytonaSS
09-02-11, 23:18
HAHAHAHAHAHAH I wanna puke after reading some pages of this thread!!!

teddybear
10-02-11, 10:08
Which posts? :scared-3:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH I wanna puke after reading some pages of this thread!!!

bunnipet
23-05-11, 10:15
Dear all...

very interested in getting a unit in carabelle though not physically been there. Pls kindly advise blks that
1) quiet
2) no west sun

also what is a reasonable PSF that I should be working on?

Many thanks!

hyenergix
23-05-11, 10:22
That west coast area should be around 1000-1100 psf, thanks to The Parc and Hundred Trees.

phantom_opera
22-12-12, 12:41
a famous forumer used to stay here ... was it sold by him??

a new high

2012-12-07 #XX-XX 947 1,262psf 2007-04-26 714 518,956 2,052 10.7

Rysk
24-12-12, 09:29
That west coast area should be around 1000-1100 psf, thanks to The Parc and Hundred Trees.
For now, both are transacting close to 1300psf lor

phantom_opera
26-12-12, 13:14
where is stalingrad

2012-12-07 #XX-XX 1,399sqft 1,358psf 2009-01-23 680psf $948,522 1,414d 19.5%

This investment (for seller) is superb from any angle ... who is the carrot head buyer ... what is he thinking?? :p

hyenergix
26-12-12, 19:51
For now, both are transacting close to 1300psf lor

Likely to hit average $1500 psf once two nearby new condos are launched next year. The showroom next to Hundred Tree is still undergoing construction but I suppose Q1 2013 should be the launch period.

Ringo33
26-12-12, 20:38
Likely to hit average $1500 psf once two nearby new condos are launched next year. The showroom next to Hundred Tree is still undergoing construction but I suppose Q1 2013 should be the launch period.

I expecting a chain of new launches coming in that area. Starting with IOI clementi site, Hong Leong Garden, and then GLS near Faber Height.

DaytonaSS
26-12-12, 22:24

no way bro! Buy FH house to face noisy the highway forever. Only good facing ones got some chance.

hyenergix
26-12-12, 23:04
no way bro! Buy FH house to face noisy the highway forever. Only good facing ones got some chance.

Maybe u r rite. Next year is v likely year of record prices. We r already starting to c more records recently.

Jaykj
09-07-13, 10:50

Thx to hopeful who pointed out a post in the thread
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18201&page=7

alamak stalingrad, you fell into the trap set by bad teddy.
you have been drawn out of your self-imposed exile.
bad teddy keep on associating you with low class ringo33, any esteemed professor will sure get mad right? and that's is the trap which you fell into.

quick, change your vcard profile before bad teddy expose your identity le.
dont anyhow put your nus email address [email protected] in your vcard in condosingapore.
wait later he tell the whole world stalingrad is shih sheng-hua, michael how?

no wonder teddybear scared of you, you have PhD le, very brainy. somemore you are professor in accounting, very super-duper powerful in computing profit & loss when buying & selling properties. if you say carabelle make more money than prime properties, then who can out-calculate you except another forummer who have PhD in accounting. even PhD mathematics also lose to you since PhD accounting more specialise in calculating Profit & Loss.

but i personally dont think there are many who are accounting phds cum professors who waste their time in condosingapore. so i think you are the most powerful forummer here when calculating P&L. so i believe you when you say Carabelle more profitable than prime properties. associate professor in accounting cannot be wrong about P&L calculations right? if professor wrong in P&L calculation, then he teaching wrong things to accounting undergrads le.

once again, quick change before teddy find out your vcard. teddybear sure lose to you in p&l calculation and he may become angry. what if bad teddybear complain to nus that you been misusing nus computer time for personal use how? or bad teddybear complain that how can an esteemed nus professor use foul and abusive language in public forum?

It looks like this is Stalingrad ....

https://apps-bschool.nus.edu.sg/asp/staffprofile/cv.asp?ID=129

Hmm.....so I guess his wife is `petty, jealous and obnoxious' in his own words....

yowetan
09-07-13, 21:25
Hi Hopeful... can you help me? I am at my crossroad now. Please message me.

CondoWE
12-07-13, 16:48
Hi Hopeful... can you help me? I am at my crossroad now. Please message me.

Hopeless looking for hopeful...:doh: !

kelvinkezz
05-06-21, 17:25
Looking for a 4 bedroom unit at Carabelle. Anyone selling? Direct buyer. Call me at 9-010-1165. Thanks