PDA

View Full Version : Carabelle (D5, Freehold, Sim Lian)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

stalingrad
07-07-09, 12:08
I will definitely inquire but wait til I am officially the owner and confirm that the tiny long kang doesnt exist :D

Novel, I am quite sure you can remove but at your own cost. The contractor/ID will know what to do.
Maria's suggestion is worth considering too
Conclusion : Heed stalin advice, Buy! :cheers4:

no, don't tell novel to buy. if she buys now on our advice and lose money, we will be in trouble. notice I only stated facts, and did not advise her one way or another.

we are not hiring an ID, because renovation will add wood panels here and there and make the living room look very small and like a circus. We will just hire professionals to put up wall paper. but we are buying very good furniture. we are thinking buying a rosewook dining table with chairs at 4800 dollars and a baker sofa set for 10000. haha, you live only once and better enjoy yourself.

novel
07-07-09, 13:49
As for your purchase decision, I have nothing to say except that during our exchange of postings, prices of carabelle units have gone up quite a bit, not down. Had you bought back in March or April, you could've paid only 700 or even 600 plus psf. now you probably have to pay 800 psf.

thank you for rubbing salt into the wound, buddy!! :tongue3:

novel
07-07-09, 13:52
no, don't tell novel to buy. if she buys now on our advice and lose money, we will be in trouble. notice I only stated facts, and did not advise her one way or another.

we are not hiring an ID, because renovation will add wood panels here and there and make the living room look very small and like a circus. We will just hire professionals to put up wall paper. but we are buying very good furniture. we are thinking buying a rosewook dining table with chairs at 4800 dollars and a baker sofa set for 10000. haha, you live only once and better enjoy yourself.

well, if i buy now next time got grievance I will just scratch your baker sofa set lor! ;)

Simi
07-07-09, 14:23
I will definitely inquire but wait til I am officially the owner and confirm that the tiny long kang doesnt exist :D

Novel, I am quite sure you can remove but at your own cost. The contractor/ID will know what to do.
Maria's suggestion is worth considering too
Conclusion : Heed stalin advice, Buy! :cheers4:

Novel waiting for her target price before committing

that is 850psf :tongue2:

novel
07-07-09, 16:29
simi? simi? *teh gong now*

ok...I am going to offer something see whether I got luck or not... :p

Simi
07-07-09, 16:45
simi? simi? *teh gong now*

ok...I am going to offer something see whether I got luck or not... :p

Hi Novel

at last you responded

so afraid you got angry :)

sat here refreshing for more than 1 hour leh... :scared-2:

novel
07-07-09, 17:20
aiya I should not reply... :p then you will keep staring at the monitor keep refreshing the screen until your index finger cramped haha....the punishment for owning botannia instead of me!!! :tongue3:

Simi
07-07-09, 17:35
aiya I should not reply... :p then you will keep staring at the monitor keep refreshing the screen until your index finger cramped haha....the punishment for owning botannia instead of me!!! :tongue3:

U so bad 1

:scared-4:

ok going off to open letter box liao

Byee

Juz4max
08-07-09, 14:12
Sim lian told me that TOP letters are sent today to owners and keys will be distributed in two weeks.

Any owner have receive the letter from Sim Lian yet? :confused:

stalingrad
08-07-09, 15:19
Any owner have receive the letter from Sim Lian yet? :confused:

not me as of yesterday. will check our mailbox tonight.

stalingrad
08-07-09, 19:11
have received the TOP letter.

jozz91
08-07-09, 22:28
yeah ! :cheers4:
does the letter state when to collect keys?

novel
08-07-09, 22:30
when collect key?

jlbc
08-07-09, 22:40
woo that is fast but I believe that we had to pay up 6 months maintenance fees upfront before we could take the keys...

$2COE
08-07-09, 22:59
woo that is fast but I believe that we had to pay up 6 months maintenance fees upfront before we could take the keys...

+ survey fees...

jlbc
08-07-09, 23:09
+ survey fees...
yeah you right...but how much would that be?

maria
09-07-09, 11:18

So fast reach you.! You dont have to go through lawyer ha..

dimspice
09-07-09, 11:25
yeah ! :cheers4:
does the letter state when to collect keys?

think you can collect when you have made payment to developer. they are ready with key collection. heard someone already collected key yesterday...he was the first person :P

highroller
09-07-09, 11:34
think you can collect when you have made payment to developer. they are ready with key collection. heard someone already collected key yesterday...he was the first person :P

WOW.. that was fast :)

Juz4max
09-07-09, 11:48

If I am not wrong, Sim Lian will write to your lawyer to release the final amount before they send the key collection letter to you. Then you need to make an appt with key collection office to collect the key and check your unit with the rep.

That's what I went thru for my other place.

Anyone can comment?

polkadots
09-07-09, 11:52
Just came back from a business trip yesterday morning.....no TOP letter, no keys yet.....nothing to do so I drove down the Carabelle in the afternoon......no more barricades at the guardpost, barriers were up......but when i tried to turn in the blanga in the guardroom stopped me......said cannot enter.......maybe must show them the keys first....

dimspice
09-07-09, 11:58
If I am not wrong, Sim Lian will write to your lawyer to release the final amount before they send the key collection letter to you. Then you need to make an appt with key collection office to collect the key and check your unit with the rep.

Anyone can comment?

yes need to send cheque for final amount through our lawyer then when cheque is cleared, make appt to collect key.

dimspice
09-07-09, 12:02
Just came back from a business trip yesterday morning.....no TOP letter, no keys yet.....nothing to do so I drove down the Carabelle in the afternoon......no more barricades at the guardpost, barriers were up......but when i tried to turn in the blanga in the guardroom stopped me......said cannot enter.......maybe must show them the keys first....

if you have a unit there, maybe can just let them know your block and unit? but i think they also want to see letter.

stalingrad
09-07-09, 18:36

Anyone can comment?

this is right. we will collect our keys on monday. the maintenance fee is only 250 per month, very reasonable compared with 500 plus at the stellar.

we have a 3 bedder, if you have a 2 bedder, it would be 100 plus.

maria
09-07-09, 19:34
this is right. we will collect our keys on monday. the maintenance fee is only 250 per month, very reasonable compared with 500 plus at the stellar.

stanlingrad, congratulation! You collecting key this monday so fast. Must you pay the maintenance fee and survey fee first and then wait for cheque to clear before they let you have key?

stalingrad
09-07-09, 20:34
stanlingrad, congratulation! You collecting key this monday so fast. Must you pay the maintenance fee and survey fee first and then wait for cheque to clear before they let you have key?

yes, but we made the payment today.;=)

apple3
09-07-09, 21:08
yes, but we made the payment today.;=)

Congratulation to all Carabelle owners on your estate TOP.

Strange enough, despite waiting for years, a few more days seem to be so unbearable for some, so kindly allow me to share a pointer here.

For PPS or any related payment to lawyer, spend $5 and get a cashier order. It will speed up key collection a minimum of 2-3 days.

novel
10-07-09, 09:59

how much for 4 bedder?

proud owner
10-07-09, 10:28

to correct your inaccurate info ..

$500 for stellar is for the super penthouse .. 4+1 rooms ...

stalingrad
10-07-09, 10:31
to correct your inaccurate info ..

$500 for stellar is for the super penthouse .. 4+1 rooms ...
but is it not true that the owner of a 3 bedder at the stellar would have to pay about $400 in maintenance fee?

that is still 60% higher than what we paid at Carabelle. And we have more space for kids to roam. Not to mention better facilities.

proud owner
10-07-09, 10:35
but is it not true that the owner of a 3 bedder at the stellar would have to pay about $400 in maintenance fee?

that is still 60% higher than what we paid at Carabelle. And we have more space for kids to room. Not to mention better facilities.

dont be so defensive i am not saying anything bad about carabelle

just correcting you ..cos you said " 250, very reasonable compared to 500 plus at stellar "
and that is wrong cos at stellar only the 4+1 room is paying 506 the smaller units are not .. so do not give wrong impression that the 3 bedder are also paying 500 plus

thats all i am trying to correct ..

of course we more units .. you definitely pay less .. so stop talking about whatever play ground .. i said nothing about it ..

stalingrad
10-07-09, 10:44
Not being sensitive. I have always argued it is better to buy into a larger development for several reasons

(1) With the same plot ratio, larger projects provide more room to explore to relax and for kids to roam to bike, etc.

(2) lower maintenance fee

(3) better facilities

(4) get to choose neighbors to associate with; at stellar, you are stuck with people you don't like.

(5) more privacy.

That is why I will never buy into any of the small projects along west coast road and PP. Imagine you have a loud mouthed neighbor who smokes and spits,who likes peeking into your window and chatting up your wife. you are stuck with him, because so few are living in your project. And if he tries something funny, no one will come to your rescue. large projects would not have such problems.

proud owner
10-07-09, 10:52
Not being sensitive. I have always argued it is better to buy into a larger development for several reasons

(1) With the same plot ratio, larger projects provide more room to explore to relax and for kids to roam to bike, etc.

(3) better facilities

(4) get to choose neighbors to associate with; at stellar, you are stuck with people you don't like.

(5) more privacy.

That is why I will never buy into any of the small projects along west coast road and PP. Imagine you have a loud mouthed neighbor who smokes and spits,who likes peeking into your window and chatting up your wife. you are stuck with him, because so few are living in your project. And if he tries something funny, no one will come to your rescue. large projects would not have such problems.

i dont disagree ...

but carabelle is too far .. almost reaching the end of west coast road ...with no MRT no nothing .. even with car ..if a long drive ..

Stellar maybe smaller .. but its really convenient ..

if you so like big and nice enovironment ..you should have bought Ridgewood .. Yong Ann Park ..

anyway i am not here to say bad things about what you have bought ..

i know you will tell me what school etc etc .. many in stellar are ahead of you ..they children are in NUS ..just for your info and many tenants there are lecturers too ..

so many only your neighbour wil smoke and spit

case close ..

i am going to bed now .. its 10.52 pm in NY ..

good night

polkadots
10-07-09, 10:58

(3) better facilities

This I agree. I feel mid-sized developments are good compromise. small sized ones will be expensive to maintain. big sized ones will be crowded.......

(5) more privacy.

This i dun quite agree. I feel whether one gets good or bad neighbours is all about luck.......if one is so unfortunate to get a less then ideal one he is still stuck whether the development is big or small.....yah?

stalingrad
10-07-09, 11:06
This I agree. I feel mid-sized developments are good compromise. small sized ones will be expensive to maintain. big sized ones will be crowded.......

This i dun quite agree. I feel whether one gets good or bad neighbours is all about luck.......if one is so unfortunate to get a less then ideal one he is still stuck whether the development is big or small.....yah?

If you get an uncle that wears singlets and flip-flops, you can choose to ignore him and associate with others, if you live in a large project. If you live in a small project, you don't have a choice. Even he spit beatel nut juice on your car in the carpark, you would still have to ask him to help when you have a problem.

Autonomy
10-07-09, 11:20
quote from stalingrad

That I totally agree...

Most of the time that's true also...

(3) better facilities

Totally agree...

That I dont agree... What if the development is bigger? If your next door happens to be a loud mouthed neighbor who smokes and spits,who likes peeking into your window and chatting up your wife, you are still stuck with him. You mean you wanna sell your unit and move into another unit or stack cos its a bigger development? Also since there are more people living in a bigger development, isn't your chances of meeting one higher? Say out of 10 good people you will meet one hellish neighbour..., if you stay in a development with 300units and say each unit only have three people staying, you have 900 people to deal with... isn't the chances of meeting a bad neighbour higher?

(5) more privacy.

Again I don't understand this part. How can a development with more people have more privacy? You are dealing with 900 people so you better make sure you don't do anything silly and dun underestimate the power of grapevine cos soon the whole estate will know what you did last night... :)

polkadots
10-07-09, 11:30
i fail to see your reasoning......stellar is not a 3 units development........i think there are probably at least 150 units, so you have 147 units to associate with or to ask for help? even if you are talking about foliage with 50-80 units you still have 47 other units to associate with.....

I normally know my immediate neighbours pretty well and I alway make efforts to build up good relationship with them. i think that is important coz if help is required they will be in the best position to render some, as they are near......

If someone dares so much as to spit on my car or play punk with my family I guaran-damn-tee he will be the one who needs to look for help! :simmering:

If you get an uncle that wears singlets and flip-flops, you can choose to ignore him and associate with others, if you live in a large project. If you live in a small project, you don't have a choice. Even he spit beatel nut juice on your car in the carpark, you would still have to ask him to help when you have a problem.

stalingrad
10-07-09, 11:46
In a large project, there are so many residents, so it feels like a large community where residents can remain nameless, faceless, etc. So, you don't really have to get to know anyone, and no one needs to get to know you. thus, you can choose to be part of the community or to be out of it.

In a small project, there are fewer people. It is hard to remain nameless and faceless. it is more difficult to choose not to be part of the community. e.g. if you see the same face day in and day out, it is hard to not to communicate with that face. but you seldom see the same face if you stay in a large community.

that is why I argued there is more privacy and choice of association.

highroller
10-07-09, 12:31
In a large project, there are so many residents, so it feels like a large community where residents can remain nameless, faceless, etc. So, you don't really have to get to know anyone, and no one needs to get to know you. thus, you can choose to be part of the community or to be out of it.

In a small project, there are fewer people. It is hard to remain nameless and faceless. it is more difficult to choose not to be part of the community. e.g. if you see the same face day in and day out, it is hard to not to communicate with that face. but you seldom see the same face if you stay in a large community.

that is why I argued there is more privacy and choice of association.

I think you are talking about being remaining anonymous in a large population rather then privacy per se. Which is kinda true. 100 ppl in a room, you can choose to opt out from the crowd and click with just 1 or 2. 2 ppl in room.. you scratch you nose the other is sure to notice :)

polkadots
10-07-09, 13:42
Hi guys and gals,

As I post using my BB, I am standing in my unit looking out from the balcony!!!

No TOP letter, no key. Armed with some letters to prove I am an owner here, the secutiry let me in!! And my main door was not locked!!

Haha!

stalingrad
10-07-09, 14:04
Hi guys and gals,

No TOP letter, no key. Armed with some letters to prove I am an owner here, the secutiry let me in!! And my main door was not locked!!

Haha!

Are you satisfied with the quality of work on your unit?

Property_Owner
10-07-09, 14:15
Imagine you have a loud mouthed neighbor who smokes and spits,who likes peeking into your window and chatting up your wife. you are stuck with him, because so few are living in your project. And if he tries something funny, no one will come to your rescue. large projects would not have such problems.

Haha. dun forget Rivergate :D:D:D

Property_Owner
10-07-09, 14:19
If you get an uncle that wears singlets and flip-flops, .

What's wrong with tat? It's my SOP wear :D:D:D:D:D

novel
10-07-09, 14:36
Hi guys and gals,

Haha!

wow wow wow!! sooooo kool!! How is your unit?

erh...so what letters you show them to prove? :confused:

hey, take lots of pictures to show us can??? :D

highroller
10-07-09, 14:52
Hi guys and gals,

Haha!

Wow. I think they can expect alot of visitors either this evening or tomorrow whole day liao. All come with letters of ownership :)

polkadots
10-07-09, 15:00
Stupid me! Din bring my cam. Can only take pics with my BB's lousy cam! Have a concert to attend tonight so will post the pics if I am not too tired tonight.

I just showed them my lawyer letter with my development, unit number and names.

Din really inspect the unit, rushing off to an appointment. Looks ok to me, on the surface.

wow wow wow!! sooooo kool!! How is your unit?

erh...so what letters you show them to prove? :confused:

hey, take lots of pictures to show us can??? :D

Property_Owner
10-07-09, 15:07
Wow. I think they can expect alot of visitors either this evening or tomorrow whole day liao. All come with letters of ownership :)

It's always the case

Juz4max
10-07-09, 15:11

I will try this in the evening, if failed:banghead: , try again in the weekend....:p

Juz4max
10-07-09, 15:16
I just showed them my lawyer letter with my development, unit number and names.

The security will not make things difficult for any owners if they can showed prove, else they sure kana from all of them after the owner move in.....:rolleyes:

polkadots
10-07-09, 15:22
I was actually just passing by. Tried my luck but din expect to be allowed in. Was a little surprised the guard briefly glanced at the letter and very politely directed me to the basement carpark.. :)

I was even more surprised that I was invited to see my unit by the cleaning staff cleaning up my neighbour's unit

Quite a pleasant trip.

The security will not make things difficult for any owners if they can showed prove, else they sure kana from all of them after the owner move in.....:rolleyes:

kenkaw
10-07-09, 15:26

that is still 60% higher than what we paid at Carabelle. And we have more space for kids to roam. Not to mention better facilities.That is not the point. The issue at hand is that someone has rightly pointed out that your comparison in maintenance fees is flawed. The least you could do is to have the decency to acknowledge the error instead of trying to side-track the issue with your views on large vs small developments.

highroller
10-07-09, 15:32
I will try this in the evening, if failed:banghead: , try again in the weekend....:p

Better hope the bangla is on shift rotation else he remember you and dont allow entry again :)

We even tried once to "give" the bangla kopi money.. no use :P

Juz4max
10-07-09, 17:06
Better hope the bangla is on shift rotation else he remember you and dont allow entry again :)

We even tried once to "give" the bangla kopi money.. no use :P

If he really so KL, then will suggest to the managing agent to allow him to exercise (patrolling) more in future…. Hahaha :D

novel
10-07-09, 17:28
juz4max,
wow you so fierce..have not shift in already ask him to Patrol more :p

what document you going to show him since you did not have the TOP letter too...

Juz4max
10-07-09, 17:32
juz4max,
wow you so fierce..have not shift in already ask him to Patrol more :p

what document you going to show him since you did not have the TOP letter too...

I said in future la.....:D

Just bring my Carabelle related document from lawyer, Sim Lian, etc....:p

novel
10-07-09, 17:34
ok...take pix take pix!! :D

stalingrad
10-07-09, 17:36
I said in future la.....:D

Just bring my Carabelle related document from lawyer, Sim Lian, etc....:p

still no TOP letter from your lawyer? your lawyer is not very good.

stalingrad
10-07-09, 20:19
went inside carabelle this afternoon. the facilities are stunningly good. look gorgeous. too bad we couldn't get in out unit. we need to collect the keys first.

KT_Lim
10-07-09, 21:24
Whoever wants to chat up ur wife?
Not everybody has the same éxquisite' taste as yourself.
:tongue3:

Haha. dun forget Rivergate :D:D:D

KT_Lim
10-07-09, 21:25
Agree absolutely.
This guy is just so full of himself! :tongue3:

That is not the point. The issue at hand is that someone has rightly pointed out that your comparison in maintenance fees is flawed. The least you could do is to have the decency to acknowledge the error instead of trying to side-track the issue with your views on large vs small developments.

Jeff Soh
10-07-09, 21:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalingrad

What are you trying to tell us ? Just because we could effort to live in a Condo, we should ignore those uncle that wears singlets and flip-flops.
Please remember our country foundation were built by these uncles wearing singlets and flip-flops.
:tsk-tsk:

dimspice
10-07-09, 21:48

Jeff Soh
10-07-09, 21:56

Are you a lawyer?? Most TOP letters are send out in patches:sleep:

Jeff Soh
10-07-09, 21:56

Are you a lawyer?? Most TOP letters are send out in patches:sleep:

dimspice
10-07-09, 21:59
I was outside Botannia on Sunday, saw a sign that says
"Key Collection at XX Centre", cant rem exact words of XX.

For Carabelle, I saw some workers doing some touch up.

Is it common that developers omit items from showroom/proposed site?
I am not able to see the little stream under stack 14 as seen in the attached pic.
Seems like my only hope of some sort of water view is gone :(

could this be your little stream?

dimspice
10-07-09, 22:12
some pics of Carabelle

jozz91
10-07-09, 22:30
could this be your little stream?
yeah!!! this is the longkang, better than expected. :ashamed1:

I was there in the evening.

There are 2 lanes leading into the development, I drove thru the lane nearer to the guard post (this should be the visitor lane). It's impossible for any cars to turn into the basement carpark via this lane.
What a terrible welcome all our visitors will receive :doh:. Imagine having to reverse before entering the carpark.
Not sure if the design was to assume all visitors will drive round the water feature.:confused:

As expected, the AYE is noisy, good luck to the neighbours near the expressway.:tongue3:

Workmanship not fantastic, maybe i am picky.:(

Besides that, residents will be spoilt for choices, 5 pools to choose from :D
Nice gym and many exercise stations.
It's also windy, perhaps breeze from sea.

Do check it out when you are free, the guards are friendly.
I enjoyed the free n easy tour very much :)

jozz91
10-07-09, 22:36
some pics of Carabelle
Thanks for all the nice pics dimspice.
I dint notice the bubbly effect of the pool when i was there, cool :cool-punk-headbange

proud owner
10-07-09, 22:40
Thanks for all the nice pics dimspice.
I dint notice the bubbly effect of the pool when i was there, cool :cool-punk-headbange

congratulations to all owners of carabelle .. those who have collected their keys and to those whos waiting to collect their keys ..

its always a nice feeling to see what we all call HOME ..

i will revisit this site 6mths later ..

dimspice
10-07-09, 22:40
[quote=jozz91]yeah!!! this is the longkang, better than expected. :ashamed1:

There are 2 lanes leading into the development, I drove thru the lane nearer to the guard post (this should be the visitor lane). It's impossible for any cars to turn into the basement carpark via this lane.
What a terrible welcome all our visitors will receive :doh:. Imagine having to reverse before entering the carpark.
Not sure if the design was to assume all visitors will drive round the water feature.:confused:

As expected, the AYE is noisy, good luck to the neighbours near the expressway.:tongue3:

I enjoyed the free n easy tour very much :)[/quote

Oh great so you got your "longkang" hahaha.

yeah imagine having to reverse to get into carpark, had the same experience! I was like aiyo why like that???

I thought the grey gate into the respective blocks looks cheapskate looking!

Hahah you can jump from one pool to another! I think the gym is nicely equipped and they even have the exercise ball!

jlbc
10-07-09, 22:43
yeah!!! this is the longkang, better than expected. :ashamed1:

I enjoyed the free n easy tour very much :)

So you go in with just the lawyer letter without the keys? maybe will try tomorrow...my workplace is also just beside AYE so I know the noise is very bad...

jozz91
10-07-09, 22:49
Oh great so you got your "longkang" hahaha.

yeah imagine having to reverse to get into carpark, had the same experience! I was like aiyo why like that???

I thought the grey gate into the respective blocks looks cheapskate looking!

Hahah you can jump from one pool to another! I think the gym is nicely equipped and they even have the exercise ball!

ya, it's my family's pool view hahaha.

do you think it's better for the guards to advise visitors to go round the water feature? Imagine 3-4 non residents entering at the same time :doh:

You are right about the grey gate, they should have used glass.
Funny thing is you need card access to take the lift, do you realise that no card is required if you take the stairs? :beats-me-man:

Cant wait to use the facilities haha :D

jozz91
10-07-09, 22:53
So you go in with just the lawyer letter without the keys? maybe will try tomorrow...my workplace is also just beside AYE so I know the noise is very bad...

Let just say as long as you can prove that you are owner, the guards will let you in ;)
Dont think the noise will be a problem, just need to adjust.
Enjoy your tour!

$2COE
10-07-09, 23:12
hey..anyone has pics of the interior?

Property_Owner
11-07-09, 07:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalingrad

What are you trying to tell us ? Just because we could effort to live in a Condo, we should ignore those uncle that wears singlets and flip-flops.
Please remember our country foundation were built by these uncles wearing singlets and flip-flops.
:tsk-tsk:

Guess that si ang mo dun know this uncle culture la

stalingrad
11-07-09, 08:51
Let just say as long as you can prove that you are owner, the guards will let you in ;)
Dont think the noise will be a problem, just need to adjust.
Enjoy your tour!

jozz, you are some louzy driver leh. I drove my car straight into the carback without getting around the water feature or reversing. haha, women are not good at driving, that is for sure.

come to our unit for house warming party with wife and two kids?

workmanship not good? you were able get into your unit? we could only walk around.

polkadots
11-07-09, 09:30
You never know. Jozz may be driving some Limo or BMW 750.

jozz, you are some louzy driver leh. I drove my car straight into the carback without getting around the water feature or reversing. haha, women are not good at driving, that is for sure.

workmanship not good? you were able get into your unit? we could only walk around.

Jeff Soh
11-07-09, 10:35
Guess that si ang mo dun know this uncle culture la

Firstly, let me apologize for the grammartical mistake in my post.

If you are staying opposite his block, you might want to put up a DISCLAIMER :scared-5: just in case you are accused of peeping into his appartment !
60 meters is approx 200ft, when I looked across the pool (where I staying now), I clearly see what my neighbour is doing if he/she does not closed the curtain, UNLESS one has problem with his/her eye sight

novel
11-07-09, 11:48

excuse moi....insulting women now instead of ah pek? :tongue3: And thou jozz nick abit feminine but I am sure he is manly hor!

And yes like what polkadots mentioned jozz might be driving 7 series for all you know :D

Jeff Soh
11-07-09, 12:02
Majority of us particiapted in this forum to exchange view point or info, some used it to "how lian".

Be humble in life and it will open many doors for you, never broadcast your wealth because only the have'nt is trying to tell the world he/she has make it.:cheers1:

jlbc
11-07-09, 20:35
anyone else got the lawyer letter? just got mine today...will be paying the pre-requisite fees on monday and hopefully could collect the keys on Sat...:)

polkadots
11-07-09, 20:43
no yet...but should be soon, according to the Sim Lian lady in the function room...she checked and told me that they have just sent out the letter for my unit.

Incidentally, I was back at the site before dinner......the EM locks on the gates have been activated. so unless you have the access cards you will not be able to get to your unit.

dimspice
11-07-09, 21:21
hey..anyone has pics of the interior?
sorry no interior pics yet.

highroller
11-07-09, 21:45
no yet...but should be soon, according to the Sim Lian lady in the function room...she checked and told me that they have just sent out the letter for my unit.

Incidentally, I was back at the site before dinner......the EM locks on the gates have been activated. so unless you have the access cards you will not be able to get to your unit.

Managed to get in at about 11 this morning. The doors to my unit were locked but managed to get in to one of the units similar in layout and design. Workmanship was pretty good though I think we may need to repolish the floor. The kitchen comes with an oven. So fir that some who earlier posted asking if it's a microwave or oven, now you know :) The layout for the hall, kitchen, balcony looks pretty decent but for the rooms, they're small. Smaller then a three room HDB flat master bed room. Seems like sizes are the same for all 3 rooms. Facilities are great though the playground could have been more equipped. Pools look great and I must say the main pool is huge. Nice touch to have fishes in the canals by the side. Wondering if they will put in kois next. That would be nice.

polkadots
11-07-09, 23:36
I only managed to take a quick glance at my own unit yesterday. Din really do any proper checks. Visually and very superficially the workmanship seemed ok to me. the glue smells in some rooms are over-powering so I stay long in them. but yes, they do look/feel a little smaller, somehow, than what I recalled seeing at the showroom. The living room, on the other hand, looks a little bigger than we expected.....maybe because the ceiling is pretty tall......There are some pics of the showrooms in the first page of this thread for referencing........

Was thinking of sneaking in the unit again this evening to take a proper look but could not......Also, the pool and water features were all turned off so the place didn't look/sound very exciting, relative. I left in about 15 min when it started to drizzle again......

you are intending to get your own contractor to repolish the floor? why dun you try to get Sim Lian to repolish for you instead if you find their standard unacceptable? I am thinking of installing a gate in front of the main door......when the main door and the balcony door are opened the breeze is wonderful!

Managed to get in at about 11 this morning. The doors to my unit were locked but managed to get in to one of the units similar in layout and design. Workmanship was pretty good though I think we may need to repolish the floor. The kitchen comes with an oven. So fir that some who earlier posted asking if it's a microwave or oven, now you know :) The layout for the hall, kitchen, balcony looks pretty decent but for the rooms, they're small. Smaller then a three room HDB flat master bed room. Seems like sizes are the same for all 3 rooms. Facilities are great though the playground could have been more equipped. Pools look great and I must say the main pool is huge. Nice touch to have fishes in the canals by the side. Wondering if they will put in kois next. That would be nice.

highroller
12-07-09, 10:29
I only managed to take a quick glance at my own unit yesterday. Din really do any proper checks. Visually and very superficially the workmanship seemed ok to me. the glue smells in some rooms are over-powering so I stay long in them. but yes, they do look/feel a little smaller, somehow, than what I recalled seeing at the showroom. The living room, on the other hand, looks a little bigger than we expected.....maybe because the ceiling is pretty tall......There are some pics of the showrooms in the first page of this thread for referencing........

Was thinking of sneaking in the unit again this evening to take a proper look but could not......Also, the pool and water features were all turned off so the place didn't look/sound very exciting, relative. I left in about 15 min when it started to drizzle again......

you are intending to get your own contractor to repolish the floor? why dun you try to get Sim Lian to repolish for you instead if you find their standard unacceptable? I am thinking of installing a gate in front of the main
door......when the main door and the balcony door are opened the breeze is
wonderful!

Nah. Gonna get Sim Lian to repolish it. That's what defect fixing is for :)

maria
12-07-09, 10:40
Nah. Gonna get Sim Lian to repolish it. That's what defect fixing is for :)

Is the kitchen dish drainer covered.? Last time I saw it at the showroom it was an open concept. I had earlier requested that they install doors to close it.

highroller
12-07-09, 10:53
Is the kitchen dish drainer covered.? Last time I saw it at the showroom it was an open concept. I had earlier requested that they install doors to close it.

I think it is. I didn't see any exposed wares when I was looking around. And they are using hard-top for the kitchen top so it's kinda nice.

stalingrad
12-07-09, 17:48
Just notice from the posted photos that window glass at carabelle is tinted. We were thinking about pasting solar film on our windows to reduce heat and glare. Perhaps it is unnecessary.

Someone mentioned that each kitchen is equipped with an oven, not a microwave oven. Are you sure? In the showroom, there is a microwave oven mounted into the wall panel. its looks like an oven, but actually a microwave. Can someone double check that it is indeed an oven?

a posting at botannia forum said the CDL is going to launch a condo at the former hong leong garden condo site for 800-900 psf. Is that is true, it is a good news for anyone that bought recently.

jozz91
12-07-09, 20:00

you got in via the lane closer to the guard post without reversing?
I admit I am not a fantastic driver, will try harder on my next visit :ashamed1:

i managed to sneak into my unit as the blangas were still doing work on the level. Perhaps, my unit still needs touch up. Workmanship is subjective.

guys, pls dun jump to conclusion :tongue3:
i am a poor resident with only 2bed rooms, driving a normal sedan.
jozz is the initials of my son's name. :D

Jeff Soh
12-07-09, 20:39

No worry man, as long as we lived within our means. My furniture were make from compressed rubber wood.:)

Juz4max
12-07-09, 20:46

Nothing to do with my lawyer.

Went inside Carabelle on Friday evening, they are still carrying work at in some units of stack 61, 63 & 65.

Went to my unit, it was also not ready yet.

stalingrad
12-07-09, 20:53
you got in via the lane closer to the guard post without reversing?
I admit I am not a fantastic driver, will try harder on my next visit :ashamed1:

i managed to sneak into my unit as the blangas were still doing work on the level. Perhaps, my unit still needs touch up. Workmanship is subjective.

we drove on the outside lane as the manager in charge, very kind of him, came out to greet us. that is why there was no reversing.

we are all poor. otherwise, we would be calling rivergate home.

maria
12-07-09, 21:09
we drove on the outside lane as the manager in charge, very kind of him, came out to greet us. that is why there was no reversing.

Good all shake hands:im-so-happy:

jozz91
12-07-09, 21:32

chey! cheat, pls try the inner lane on yr next visit and let me know how u feel :banghead:

have a few pics of indoor to share

824 825 826
kitchen, is the last pic an oven?

835 827 833
toilets

828 829
wardrobe

toshiba inverter aircon

balcony, can we cover up the planter?

main door

maria
12-07-09, 21:56
The kitchen dish drainer no pullout door to cover. Like that I got to get my contractor to install a door to prevent insects crawling to my cups and dishes. The planter very ugly without timber deck. :doh: Can we lay timber deck. Must get approval or not. Is the bathtub hydrojet or bubblejet.?

$2COE
13-07-09, 00:05
The kitchen dish drainer no pullout door to cover. Like that I got to get my contractor to install a door to prevent insects crawling to my cups and dishes. The planter very ugly without timber deck. :doh: Can we lay timber deck. Must get approval or not. Is the bathtub hydrojet or bubblejet.?

What's the difference between hydrojet vs bubblejet? Got a quote for chengai wood decking for the planter..approx 500 for the area of the planter..think ok for that size?

dimspice
13-07-09, 09:44
Someone mentioned that each kitchen is equipped with an oven, not a microwave oven. Are you sure? In the showroom, there is a microwave oven mounted into the wall panel. its looks like an oven, but actually a microwave. Can someone double check that it is indeed an oven?

I think its a microwave oven not the convection oven. Its also stated in the brochure as microwave and during the launch at the showflat, I remember seeing it as a microwave. Personally I would have preferred the convection oven.

jozz91
13-07-09, 10:07
I think its a microwave oven not the convection oven. Its also stated in the brochure as microwave and during the launch at the showflat, I remember seeing it as a microwave. Personally I would have preferred the convection oven.
Quite positive it's a microwave oven :(
This looks exactly like the one we saw
http://www.bosch-home.com/sg/singapore-products/cooking-appliances/microwave-combi-ovens-and-microwave-ovens/microwave-combi-ovens-and-microwave-ovens/HMT9656EU.html

maria
13-07-09, 10:18
What's the difference between hydrojet vs bubblejet? Got a quote for chengai wood decking for the planter..approx 500 for the area of the planter..think ok for that size?

Hydrojet I understand is better. Its' a therapy for aches and pain. Even hospital using hydrojet if all manual physiotherapy cannot help. Bubblejet common just creating bubbles. The sales agent had said verbally that the developer may want to give hydrojet but dont know true or not.
You got a quote for $500/- chengai wood! Who is the contractor? I ask before about $1000/- . Wow. alot of things to do.

stalingrad
13-07-09, 10:20
http://www.bosch-home.com/sg/singapore-products/cooking-appliances/microwave-combi-ovens-and-microwave-ovens/microwave-combi-ovens-and-microwave-ovens/HMT9656EU.html

yes, a microwave. never mind, we will buy our own electric oven to roast chickens, bake cookies, etc. only about 500 dollars for a good one.

polkadots
13-07-09, 10:24
darn.....I was still hoping it is one of those hybrid oven...... :rolleyes:

maria
13-07-09, 10:33
Do you all think rainwater can get in to the yard? Any idea to prevent rainwater coming in cos store room just near . Can make window, shutter etc?

dimspice
13-07-09, 10:36

:( sigh....so seems like gotta get another oven to do stuff like baking and roasting... have not tried baking using a microwave though :p

dimspice
13-07-09, 10:38
chey! cheat, pls try the inner lane on yr next visit and let me know how u feel :banghead:

824 825 826

835 827 833
toilets

828 829
wardrobe

toshiba inverter aircon

main door

did you take these pics from your unit? :)

polkadots
13-07-09, 10:53
Hmm.....the Throne looks pretty claustrophobic......dun remember it looking so tight when I was at the unit......is pic this not from the MBR toilet, yah?

824 825 826

835 827 833
toilets

828 829
wardrobe

toshiba inverter aircon

main door

jozz91
13-07-09, 11:03
did you take these pics from your unit? :)
yap, from my unit. The blangas were doing some work on the floor, door was not closed.
took some outdoor pics too but were not as good as yours so did not post :ashamed1:

jozz91
13-07-09, 11:15
Hmm.....the Throne looks pretty claustrophobic......dun remember it looking so tight when I was at the unit......is pic this not from the MBR toilet, yah?
1st pic from toilet selections is MBR
2nd and 3rd are from common toilet :)

dimspice
13-07-09, 11:20
yap, from my unit. The blangas were doing some work on the floor, door was not closed.
took some outdoor pics too but were not as good as yours so did not post :ashamed1:
its ok hahaha, i think most owners would have eagerly checked out the place already so better to see actual than the photos.
thanks for posting the indoor pics :).
Still think the entrance is a little cramp for turning into carpark ha ha! :p

wonderbee
13-07-09, 11:49
1st pic from toilet selections is MBR
2nd and 3rd are from common toilet :)

Did the contractor forgot to fix the lid for the toilet bowl? :doh: I couldn't remember when i viewed the showroom whether there is digital lock for the main door, anyone can recall?

highroller
13-07-09, 12:00
Did the contractor forgot to fix the lid for the toilet bowl? :doh: I couldn't remember when i viewed the showroom whether there is digital lock for the main door, anyone can recall?

No digital lock from the outside. It's the usual keyhole thingy. Digital lock would be cool :)

proud owner
13-07-09, 12:06
No digital lock from the outside. It's the usual keyhole thingy. Digital lock would be cool :)

such a big project how to afford digital lock ?? developer will make less man ..

what to do ..people like Stalingrad says big project good mah ..

this is how the develope 'compensate ' themselve ..hehehe

its ok lah no digital lock, cramp entrance, no oven ... its ok ..
you get big land, you get cheap maintenance, you get privacy ..

jozz91
13-07-09, 12:34
i was told by the security officer that only blocks 51, 53, 55 are completed for key collection, my block is not ready so I prefer to assume that the contractor has not installed the lid and shower head yet instead of contractor has forgotten :)

Simi
13-07-09, 12:41
such a big project how to afford digital lock ?? developer will make less man ..

Bro, let it rest la

One man's meat another man's poison ?:ashamed1:

proud owner
13-07-09, 12:45
Bro, let it rest la

One man's meat another man's poison ?:ashamed1:

ahahah

sorry lah

just trying to cheer up some others ...

dimspice
13-07-09, 13:11
i was told by the security officer that only blocks 51, 53, 55 are completed for key collection, my block is not ready so I prefer to assume that the contractor has not installed the lid and shower head yet instead of contractor has forgotten :)

i am sure they'll fix it before you get your keys :) . there are still units where they have not fix the peep hole either. was told they would do so when owner ready to collect key to prevent it from being stolen. anyway am sure even after we take possession of unit, some rectification work somehow would have to be done :p

wonderbee
13-07-09, 13:15

Overall this project is above expectation ... especially I like the design of the buildings.

stalingrad
13-07-09, 14:03
Overall this project is above expectation ... especially I like the design of the buildings.

Indeed, for a small developer like Sim Lian to have done such a good job, it is indeed above expectations.

I like the pools more than anything else. When I saw them the first time, I thought they were fantastic. have not seen such good pools very often before.

polkadots
13-07-09, 15:19
I feel generally that the facilities are above expectations. The pools definitely have my nod, especially the huge lap pool...one of the biggest pools I have even seen in a condo. The sun lounger chairs are of good quality.....better than those usual white plasticky ones in previous condos I have stayed in. Car park is big and easy to maneuver a car, not many tight corners. Anyone mentioned the gym? I am no gym person but the equipments in it make me want to try it out.

Without sounding like I expect everything to be top grade, I do hope that the choice of materials used in some public installations are slightly better. eg. someone mentioned the flimsy gates at the lift lobbies? Looks pretty makeshift, like it is made up of pieces of metal bars welded together......

If maintained well by the cleaners and the residents, I am sure this will be a very nice place to stay. Already twice I have picked up dead leaves and plastic bags blown in the the pool by the wind.......couldn't find any rubbish bin nearby I passed them to the guardroom personnel......oh and one of the guards, David, is exceptionally smiley, friendly and helpful :)

Indeed, for a small developer like Sim Lian to have done such a good job, it is indeed above expectations.

I like the pools more than anything else. When I saw them the first time, I thought they were fantastic. have not seen such good pools very often before.

boeing777
13-07-09, 15:29
I feel generally that the facilities are above expectations. The pools definitely have my nod, especially the huge lap pool...one of the biggest pools I have even seen in a condo. The sun lounger chairs are of good quality.....better than those usual white plasticky ones in previous condos I have stayed in. Car park is big and easy to maneuver a car, not many tight corners. Anyone mentioned the gym? I am no gym person but the equipments in it make me want to try it out.

Without sounding like I expect everything to be top grade, I do hope that the choice of materials used in some public installations are slightly better. eg. someone mentioned the flimsy gates at the lift lobbies? Looks pretty makeshift, like it is made up of pieces of metal bars welded together......

If maintained well by the cleaners and the residents, I am sure this will be a very nice place to stay. Already twice I have picked up dead leaves and plastic bags blown in the the pool by the wind.......couldn't find any rubbish bin nearby I passed them to the guardroom personnel......oh and one of the guards, David, is exceptionally smiley, friendly and helpful :)

The lap pool is not deep! its only 1.2m which is a disappointment.

Juz4max
13-07-09, 15:31

The tennis court without the wind breaker or it is not install yet.

stalingrad
13-07-09, 15:50

that is the law. only old condos have deep pools, deep enough to kill you.

stalingrad
13-07-09, 15:56

my wife also likes the carpark. unlike carparks at other condos, this one has the feel and look of the carpark of a large shopping mall. in some of the smaller development, you need to be F1 race driver to be able to park your car safely. another reason to buy into a large project.

at far east projects, you park your car in mid air, after running up a precarious ramp. Sim lian is nicer and fairer than a lot of other developers.

polkadots
13-07-09, 16:03
not sure about that....but if you are doing laps, I reckon 1.2m should be enuff. Any deeper they will probably need to station a full time lifeguard? good thing now I know I wun drown in the pool myself......

housewife
13-07-09, 17:01
what psf price for 2+study in Carabelle now? looking to buy 1.

maria
13-07-09, 17:19
what psf price for 2+study in Carabelle now? looking to buy 1.

sales agent quoted latest transacted price is $771psf for 2 + 1.for mid level but I think this is a slight + or - breakeven costs after buying directly from developer. Like adding stamp fee + agent fee. So i think still a good buy at this price that owner not really asking much.

maria
13-07-09, 17:24
According to sim lian the maintenance fee calculated is $36/- per share X your unit share per month . For those that is stack 65 the top letter will only be out only after 20 July.

housewife
13-07-09, 18:28
sales agent quoted latest transacted price is $771psf for 2 + 1.for mid level but I think this is a slight + or - breakeven costs after buying directly from developer. Like adding stamp fee + agent fee. So i think still a good buy at this price that owner not really asking much.
if anyone selling at this price, can contact me by 92228695? Thanx.
especially seller without agent, can earn more profit as I'll pay my agent to do the work.

proud owner
13-07-09, 20:31
especially seller without agent, can earn more profit as I'll pay my agent to do the work.

thought you said in clementiwoods thread that you leaving spore ? why buy ?

housewife
13-07-09, 20:44
thought you said in clementiwoods thread that you leaving spore ? why buy ?
i've said sister buying mah. Clementiwoods and Carabelle seem only projects with 2beds+study, just suitable for her small family with kid (and I can stay in 1 rm :)

maria
13-07-09, 21:15

Dont think you can get this price now cos new project coming up at hong leong garden condo and the price higher hor. So believe owners are all waiting in a matter of few months to see see.

housewife
13-07-09, 21:23
Dont think you can get this price now cos new project coming up at hong leong garden condo and the price higher hor. So believe owners are all waiting in a matter of few months to see see.
i ft. what psf for 2-3 bedders at long leong? seems have to rent ...

jiayu
13-07-09, 21:37
According to sim lian the maintenance fee calculated is $36/- per share X your unit share per month . For those that is stack 65 the top letter will only be out only after 20 July.

Appreciate if you can elaberate a bit on this calculation formula. Mine is a 1130spf 3 bedders.:confused:

$2COE
13-07-09, 21:55
Hydrojet I understand is better. Its' a therapy for aches and pain. Even hospital using hydrojet if all manual physiotherapy cannot help. Bubblejet common just creating bubbles. The sales agent had said verbally that the developer may want to give hydrojet but dont know true or not.
You got a quote for $500/- chengai wood! Who is the contractor? I ask before about $1000/- . Wow. alot of things to do.

The 500+ decking is only covering the planter..yours at $1000+? Could it be the whole balcony??

polkadots
13-07-09, 22:16
I believe you should have about 7 to 8 unit shares based on your floor area. If 7 share units then your monthly maintenance should be about 7 * 36 = $252/mth. So your 6mth maintenance payment should be about $1512 and your surveying fee should be $140 ~ $150 thereabout.......

Appreciate if you can elaberate a bit on this calculation formula. Mine is a 1130spf 3 bedders.:confused:

jlbc
13-07-09, 22:36
I believe you should have about 7 to 8 unit shares based on your floor area. If 7 share units then your monthly maintenance should be about 7 * 36 = $252/mth. So your 6mth maintenance payment should be about $1512 and your surveying fee should be $140 ~ $150 thereabout.......

I had previously requested the copy of the schedule of strata units from the lawyer when I make the first payment...it ranges from 6 unit share for a 2 and 2+1 to 7 unit share for 3 and 4 bedders and 8 to 9 unit share for penthouse and those with PES...

polkadots
13-07-09, 22:45
The share unit is indicated in the option to purchase....

I have not receive the TOP letter yet so cannot confirm the survey fee but in my previous purchases it didn't come up to alot, abt $150 - $180.

I had previously requested the copy of the schedule of strata units from the lawyer when I make the first payment...it ranges from 6 unit share for a 2 and 2+1 to 7 unit share for 3 and 4 bedders and 8 to 9 unit share for penthouse and those with PES...

jlbc
13-07-09, 22:58
The share unit is indicated in the option to purchase....

I have not receive the TOP letter yet so cannot confirm the survey fee but in my previous purchases it didn't come up to alot, abt $150 - $180.

the schedule shows the unit share for each and every individual unit, as for the survey fees, it is $140...just made the payment today....will be calling them to confirm to that they had cleared the cheque...hopefully could fix appointment on sat to collect the keys :)

polkadots
13-07-09, 23:13
Cool and congrates on your early key collection! Maybe I will call Sim Lian or my lawyer....or maybe I'll just wait a while more........my current house rental ends in 2 mths.......got time.....

the schedule shows the unit share for each and every individual unit, as for the survey fees, it is $140...just made the payment today....will be calling them to confirm to that they had cleared the cheque...hopefully could fix appointment on sat to collect the keys :)

maria
13-07-09, 23:13
The 500+ decking is only covering the planter..yours at $1000+? Could it be the whole balcony??

No. only covering planter but I found one place selling a piece dont know is it 40cm by 40cm about $30/- If can fit in nicely then can buy more to cover the whole planter. Also can remove easily if you want to put some pots in. I have to wait for key first then go and measure the planter width.

alongking
13-07-09, 23:16

Congrats to all Carabelle owners.
Any good recommendation for ID (interior Design) firm?

maria
13-07-09, 23:18
i ft. what psf for 2-3 bedders at long leong? seems have to rent ...

Dont know wait and see. Definitely higher.

maria
13-07-09, 23:22
Cool and congrates on your early key collection! Maybe I will call Sim Lian or my lawyer....or maybe I'll just wait a while more........my current house rental ends in 2 mths.......got time.....

I thought you already in your unit enjoying the ambience.

COCOCO
14-07-09, 00:34
No. only covering planter but I found one place selling a piece dont know is it 40cm by 40cm about $30/- If can fit in nicely then can buy more to cover the whole planter. Also can remove easily if you want to put some pots in. I have to wait for key first then go and measure the planter width.

Hi Marie, can you let us know this place where you can get chengal wood at such a price. Id like to diy the planter. Thank you.

polkadots
14-07-09, 02:49
No lah. I oni managed to sneak in my unit last friday.

I thought you already in your unit enjoying the ambience.

maria
14-07-09, 09:14
Hi Marie, can you let us know this place where you can get chengal wood at such a price. Id like to diy the planter. Thank you.

You can call up any nursery farm where they sell plants etc. Check with them they should have. The one I saw is between bedok and Tanah merah mrt but I think too far if you are not staying in the east. I cannot remember the name. Before you do that check your planter width and length first. I think the price standard.

stalingrad
14-07-09, 11:38
darn.....I was still hoping it is one of those hybrid oven...... :rolleyes:

just throw it out and buy a hybrid version. I plan to. I also plan to throw away one of the wardrobe to make one room bigger.

Juz4max
14-07-09, 12:56

You can try the nursery beside the Mac at Tea Garden along Queensway.

wonderbee
14-07-09, 13:17
You can call up any nursery farm where they sell plants etc. Check with them they should have. The one I saw is between bedok and Tanah merah mrt but I think too far if you are not staying in the east. I cannot remember the name. Before you do that check your planter width and length first. I think the price standard.

Hmmm....BUDGET investment, DIY may not be the best option since we are not the experts, I may leave it to the landscape designer to adorn the entire balcony. Have considered eralandscape.com

stalingrad
14-07-09, 15:03
Wil collect our keys this afternoon. afternoon, it is serious shopping time. for furniture and stuff.

polkadots
14-07-09, 17:56
No lah. Dun wanna waste that. I will probably only use microwave. I had a convection oven last time I never used even once.

Dunno why hoping for a hybrid also :p

just throw it out and buy a hybrid version. I plan to. I also plan to throw away one of the wardrobe to make one room bigger.

Jeff Soh
15-07-09, 09:37
Visited Carabelle yesterday, pools and facilities look impressive.
Carpark is easy to navigate. According to the Management Office, 1st car will have to register with the vehicle IU, no transponder mean no passing around. A wise decision by the developer. Second car will have to be registered too, but vehicle IU will not be activated to the barrier, you will to enter via the visitors barrier.

No intercom in unit, activate via your fixed line or mobile.

proud owner
15-07-09, 12:02
Carpark is easy to navigate. According to the Management Office, 1st car will have to register with the vehicle IU, no transponder mean no passing around. A wise decision by the developer. Second car will have to be registered too, but vehicle IU will not be activated to the barrier, you will to enter via the visitors barrier.

no intercom ??

hhmm another way to cut cost by developer

psiah
15-07-09, 15:42
There are talks that HL garden may be launched at around $900 psf.

highroller
15-07-09, 18:33
There are talks that HL garden may be launched at around $900 psf.

WOW. How does that translate for us Carabelle owners? Will the psf at Carabelle rise as well?

steppy
15-07-09, 20:39
WOW. How does that translate for us Carabelle owners? Will the psf at Carabelle rise as well?

Of course there would a positive effect on Carabelle owners - but it would really depends on the response of the launch.....As there would be an additional 370+ units there (although coming on stream in another 2-3 years) - in addition to the 338 units in carabelle, 315 in The Inifinity and 493 units in Botannia that all T.O.P in 2009. (1146 in total)

highroller
15-07-09, 21:06
Of course there would a positive effect on Carabelle owners - but it would really depends on the response of the launch.....As there would be an additional 370+ units there (although coming on stream in another 2-3 years) - in addition to the 338 units in carabelle, 315 in The Inifinity and 493 units in Botannia that all T.O.P in 2009. (1146 in total)

Well that's good news I suppose. Wonder if it will ever hit above 950 psf. That would be a bull run :)

psiah
16-07-09, 10:28

any idea how to activate via fixed line or mobile? tks.

Jeff Soh
16-07-09, 10:36
any idea how to activate via fixed line or mobile? tks.

Provide the Management Office with the number you wish to be contacted and they will activate the system for you.

proud owner
16-07-09, 11:29
Provide the Management Office with the number you wish to be contacted and they will activate the system for you.

sounds like a tie up with telephone company to generate income

or like ... collecting 0.30 cts when you call in to make a donattion during charity show ...

apple3
16-07-09, 22:03
sounds like a tie up with telephone company to generate income

or like ... collecting 0.30 cts when you call in to make a donattion during charity show ...

My son explain the following to me on the carabelle intercom set up.

hi parent

the intercom on carabelle work in this way. a console at guardhouse, mgt office or gate is piggy back onto the existing telco line thoughout the estate, nothing to do with singtel. pressing the unit number on console will ring up any phone afix to that particular krone box in that selected unit.. imagine a big pabx alocate extension(unit number) to all units but only certain phone(console) can call between extensions. i don't know these console is afix at how many points in carabelle but i chk with mike he said guard house and estate have one each. the more high class one include a feature that after answing the call and said if u hit 555 on your phone within 30 secs, u could unlock the emlock of the gate which the caller/visitor use the intercom to call you. another one is the camera afix to the set will pump out a video signal of the person that buzz you via MATV line and u could set you tv freq and see who buzz you. everything the same as conventional intercom just that you buy your own phone/intercom. i don't know how the mobile come along i think just call forwarding on the extension and dont think estate will charge the toll.

I hope carabelle owner understand what he said.. :ashamed1:

proud owner
16-07-09, 22:08
My son explain the following to me on the carabelle intercom set up.

hi parent

the intercom on carabelle work in this way. a console at guardhouse, mgt office or gate is piggy back onto the existing telco line thoughout the estate, nothing to do with singtel. pressing the unit number on console will ring up any phone afix to that particular krone box in that selected unit.. imagine a big pabx alocate extension(unit number) to all units but only certain phone(console) can call between extensions. i don't know these console is afix at how many points in carabelle but i chk with mike he said guard house and estate have one each. the more high class one include a feature that after answing the call and said if u hit 555 on your phone within 30 secs, u could unlock the emlock of the gate which the caller/visitor use the intercom to call you. another one is the camera afix to the set will pump out a video signal of the person that buzz you via MATV line and u could set you tv freq and see who buzz you. everything the same as conventional intercom just that you buy your own phone/intercom. i don't know how the mobile come along i think just call forwarding on the extension and dont think estate will charge the toll.

I hope carabelle owner understand what he said.. :ashamed1:

sounded like my apt here in Manhattan .. theres a pre-laid line in the unit ..control at the concierge ..

owner/tenant can buy their own 'house phone' and connect to it ..
cannot be used to make phone calls ..but just purely to communicate with the concierge ..

polkadots
16-07-09, 22:17
I believe it is the same system as the one used in Monterey Park my bro in law used to stay in. The phone can still be used as a normal phone because the system piggybacks on the phone line.

When someone dials the unit number at the gate, you will be able to communicate with the visitor on your phone, verify his identity and unlock the EM lock at the gate he calls from by pressing certain code, may be 555, as mentioned.

sounded like my apt here in Manhattan .. theres a pre-laid line in the unit ..control at the concierge ..

owner/tenant can buy their own 'house phone' and connect to it ..
cannot be used to make phone calls ..but just purely to communicate with the concierge ..

dimspice
16-07-09, 22:44
I believe it is the same system as the one used in Monterey Park my bro in law used to stay in. The phone can still be used as a normal phone because the system piggybacks on the phone line.

When someone dials the unit number at the gate, you will be able to communicate with the visitor on your phone, verify his identity and unlock the EM lock at the gate he calls from by pressing certain code, may be 555, as mentioned.

usually a normal phone like either your mobile or home phone whichever that has been registered with the management office. only thing is one particular phone can be used to activate so only the person with the phone that is registered is able to unlock the door by pressing a code on the phone.

Boompro
18-07-09, 11:21
I would not surprise with their expectation for the current market sentiment, added by the upcoming new condo development of old Hong Leong Garden condo at a stone throw away. By the estimation, the new condo could be asking at the lowest 800+psf, that will lift the entire asking price of the area. I foresee the price could even get higher once the opening of multi-billion projects of Sentosa. Not to mention more about the future Jurong business district centre. :)

Well that's good news I suppose. Wonder if it will ever hit above 950 psf. That would be a bull run :)

jlbc
18-07-09, 13:23
Just collected keys, the shower head, toilet seat and several loose items not installed yet, will have to call management office to install when about to shift in.

There is also viewer on the peep hole for the main door, a small lobang now, got to check is it to be installed by them?

Also do anyone know where is the location for the door bell supposed to be? Saw a door bell switch outside the main door, but is not able to find where to install the door bell...

Btw can anyone advise what are the defects that I am supposed to look out for? Thanks in advance...:cheers6:

stalingrad
18-07-09, 14:31
Just collected keys, the shower head, toilet seat and several loose items not installed yet, will have to call management office to install when about to shift in.

There is also viewer on the peep hole for the main door, a small lobang now, got to check is it to be installed by them?

Also do anyone know where is the location for the door bell supposed to be? Saw a door bell switch outside the main door, but is not able to find where to install the door bell...

Btw can anyone advise what are the defects that I am supposed to look out for? Thanks in advance...:cheers6:
We did not see anything out of order or broken. But I would be looking for broken tiles, broken window panels and such. but you need to get power turned on first to try the airconditioner and other home appliances. We haven't gotten the power turned on, and may no do so for some time. We are still debating which contractor to use for bay window decking and planter decking, and which brand of solar film to use. to make things worse, I am down with a cold.

We are very lucky to have botannia to be our sun screen. it appears that the sun sets directly behind one of the undulating blocks of botannia, so our exposure to the afternoon sun is not as bad as we thought.

Some say that botannia has better finishes, maybe they are right and let's compare after you guys move in. But it is silly to say just because you paid more you deserve more. you paid more mainly because botannia was launched later than carabelle. botannia was launched when the market was peaking and starting to cool.

jlbc
18-07-09, 15:03
We did not see anything out of order or broken. But I would be looking for broken tiles, broken window panels and such. but you need to get power turned on first to try the airconditioner and other home appliances. We haven't gotten the power turned on, and may no do so for some time. We are still debating which contractor to use for bay window decking and planter decking, and which brand of solar film to use. to make things worse, I am down with a cold.

We are very lucky to have botannia to be our sun screen. it appears that the sun sets directly behind one of the undulating blocks of botannia, so our exposure to the afternoon sun is not as bad as we thought.

Some say that botannia has better finishes, maybe they are right and let's compare after you guys move in. But it is silly to say just because you paid more you deserve more. you paid more mainly because botannia was launched later than carabelle. botannia was launched when the market was peaking and starting to cool.

To each his own, but I am glad with what I have,
yup got to turn on the electricity and check on the air-con,actually I thought that they would have turn on as where will they get the water and electricity if rectification works needs to be done...On thewhole, there are some gaps on the flooring which is not filled up properly and some stains too, will get them to rectify. The room is smaller than I had expected, so maybe no king size bed for me:)...btw infiniti is closer than I had expected...but anyway is their living room facing my backyard:)

stalingrad
18-07-09, 15:20
To each his own, but I am glad with what I have,
yup got to turn on the electricity and check on the air-con,actually I thought that they would have turn on as where will they get the water and electricity if rectification works needs to be done...On thewhole, there are some gaps on the flooring which is not filled up properly and some stains too, will get them to rectify. The room is smaller than I had expected, so maybe no king size bed for me:)...btw infiniti is closer than I had expected...but anyway is their living room facing my backyard:)

did you notice that you share two elevators with two other families, instead of three? That is a plus. blocks along the western boundary of the project are less lucky, two lifts to each four units.

the infiniti plays a very important role. without it, you would be bombarded with noise from AYE. I visited the pool area of the infinit once, it was like a direct hit from a heat seeking missile. that is how loud the noisy was there. my wife said, our unit is so quiet all thanks to uncle and aunties living in the infiniti aborbing noise and pollution for us. be thankful.

jlbc
18-07-09, 15:32
did you notice that you share two elevators with two other families, instead of three? That is a plus. blocks along the western boundary of the project are less lucky, two lifts to each four units.

the infiniti plays a very important role. without it, you would be bombarded with noise from AYE. I visited the pool area of the infinit once, it was like a direct hit from a heat seeking missile. that is how loud the noisy was there. my wife said, our unit is so quiet all thanks to uncle and aunties living in the infiniti aborbing noise and pollution for us. be thankful.

Yep, I know I actually had taken all those that you had mentioned into consideration before I choose my unit...I know that infiniti would help to block out the noise (my present workplace is also beside expressway)..but did not know that they were that close...but I am happy to live with it...

Lord Anus
18-07-09, 15:34

eh hello! even you also bullish on property. come on lah! what happened to $800 psf Rivergate????

stalingrad
18-07-09, 15:42
eh hello! even you also bullish on property. come on lah! what happened to $800 psf Rivergate????

what did I say that made me a bull?

Lord Anus
18-07-09, 15:50
what did I say that made me a bull?

it is what you didn't say. you have good arguments pertaining to other areas, but you refrained from critically assessing the west areas. you hypocrite, you!

if you were a true bear, you would have sold your carabelle and gone renting instead of spreading so much love in this carabelle discussion...

yes you might have bought it "cheap" but i tell ya you dunno what "cheap" in west coast means.

i refrain from disparaging carabelle but when the shit hits the fan, carabelle prices will follow the rest in the west also - down down down. maybe even more so than the rest.

1. why is the west particularly vulnerable to economc conditions? where are our shipping, chemical, petroleum foreign investments located at? when these people stop investing in singapore because other SE Asian countries offer better value, guess where will be badly hit?

you could say the same for those CCR and financial industry areas in singapore, but i say they won't be as badly hit as shipping, petroleum, etc. why? cos a financial hub is not easily replicated by surroudning countries. the other industries are no problem for them if they really want to.

2. over supply. have you done a critical analysis of the supply coming onstream in the west, pasir panjang, etc? it is scary. even scarier than CCR and east coast, which haveother things going for them. the wet is only dependent on one thing: the marine, petrol, chemical and heavy industries.

3. international NUS students as rental prospects?

hhhahahahhahahahhahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahaahah

keep on dreamin.

Lord Anus
18-07-09, 16:06
4. The only thing that is perhaps the West's saving grace is its proximity to high tech bio research and R&D in Dover.

That is PROVIDED they stick to their original aim of ACTUALLY doing R&D in Singapore, and not just an international backwater whorehouse where they "wash test tubes", and the true R&D is still being done in the US, Japan and Europe.

If really only "washing test tubes", places like China, Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand also can do, at 1/10th of the price of it being done in S'pore.

gfoo
18-07-09, 18:59
4. The only thing that is perhaps the West's saving grace is its proximity to high tech bio research and R&D in Dover.

That is PROVIDED they stick to their original aim of ACTUALLY doing R&D in Singapore, and not just an international backwater whorehouse where they "wash test tubes", and the true R&D is still being done in the US, Japan and Europe.

If really only "washing test tubes", places like China, Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand also can do, at 1/10th of the price of it being done in S'pore.

actual R&D? Muakakakahahahahaha! The only reason big pharma is here is to kope free govt money, and whatever they transship outta here is tax free. Everything else is pai swee

panamera
22-07-09, 00:35
it is what you didn't say. you have good arguments pertaining to other areas, but you refrained from critically assessing the west areas. you hypocrite, you!

if you were a true bear, you would have sold your carabelle and gone renting instead of spreading so much love in this carabelle discussion...

yes you might have bought it "cheap" but i tell ya you dunno what "cheap" in west coast means.

i refrain from disparaging carabelle but when the shit hits the fan, carabelle prices will follow the rest in the west also - down down down. maybe even more so than the rest.

1. why is the west particularly vulnerable to economc conditions? where are our shipping, chemical, petroleum foreign investments located at? when these people stop investing in singapore because other SE Asian countries offer better value, guess where will be badly hit?

you could say the same for those CCR and financial industry areas in singapore, but i say they won't be as badly hit as shipping, petroleum, etc. why? cos a financial hub is not easily replicated by surroudning countries. the other industries are no problem for them if they really want to.

2. over supply. have you done a critical analysis of the supply coming onstream in the west, pasir panjang, etc? it is scary. even scarier than CCR and east coast, which haveother things going for them. the wet is only dependent on one thing: the marine, petrol, chemical and heavy industries.

3. international NUS students as rental prospects?

hhhahahahhahahahhahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahaahah

keep on dreamin.

Well said, LA...

Its quite amusing if you read through his history of posts.
(mostly in carabelle)

wouldnt want to stay at Orchard Turn even if it was free, because of pollution (??) near to Jurong island any better?

Asking for analysis, couldnt figure out why prices has increased?

Couldnt see how come District 9 commands premium over D5?

The only bear in him that I could see is that he paid for his unit at Carabelle fully in cash. Do not believe in leverage..?

jitkiat
22-07-09, 09:36
Well said, LA...

Its quite amusing if you read through his history of posts.
(mostly in carabelle)

wouldnt want to stay at Orchard Turn even if it was free, because of pollution (??) near to Jurong island any better?

Asking for analysis, couldnt figure out why prices has increased?

Couldnt see how come District 9 commands premium over D5?

The only bear in him that I could see is that he paid for his unit at Carabelle fully in cash. Do not believe in leverage..?

:doh: Even I can pay fully in cash, I will borrow 2% loan for 3 years from DBS. Think about the opportunity cost.

august
22-07-09, 14:31
:doh: Even I can pay fully in cash, I will borrow 2% loan for 3 years from DBS. Think about the opportunity cost.

some ppl too old liao, bank dun let them take loan one.. hehe

teddybear
22-07-09, 14:43
Even if they do real R&D, that doesn't mean these people will buy West Coast. They work there know what the area is like and since their income are generally higher, they rather buy somewhere else where the air quality is much better and more convenience than West Coast.

novel
22-07-09, 15:46
Even if they do real R&D, that doesn't mean these people will buy West Coast. They work there know what the area is like and since their income are generally higher, they rather buy somewhere else where the air quality is much better and more convenience than West Coast.

I like West Coast. IMO, I think it is convenient and the air quality is good compare to Jurong West/Boon Lay.

Anyway, every district has their own pros/cons even prime district have some cons so why need to bash West Coast? :tsk-tsk:

cheerful
22-07-09, 15:49
How u measure 'air quality' huh? :p
Yup, every district has its own merits plus -ve points, but we certainly have other more aggressive bashers lurking in this forum .. so this is nothing bah ..

I like West Coast. IMO, I think it is convenient and the air quality is good compare to Jurong West/Boon Lay.

Anyway, every district has their own pros/cons even prime district have some cons so why need to bash West Coast? :tsk-tsk:

novel
22-07-09, 15:53
How u measure 'air quality' huh? :p
Yup, every district has its own merits plus -ve points, but we certainly have other more aggressive bashers lurking in this forum .. so this is nothing bah ..

depends on individual's nose and body? :D since everybody has difference tolerance.

cheerful
22-07-09, 18:19
Ahhh I see ... so measure at various locations (jurong vs. pp vs. west coast) using nose.

jonleelk
22-07-09, 18:26
West coast ok lah...but I cannot tahan the chocolate smell in boon lay / jurong west area.

cndomay
22-07-09, 19:27
just a general question. have been wondering, will buying a 2 bedder say 800 to max of 900 sq ft be an issue in terms of space. would it be cramped.

could i know any actual experience.

proud owner
22-07-09, 20:56

look at the Sails ..when it was launched .. i was recommended to buy one unit there ..but i didnt ..becos I DIDNT WANT TO BE SO CLOSE TO WORK PLACE .. and WRONG ..so many buyers were people working at Raffles Place ..

so to some extend ..if one in RnD at North Buona Vista .. good chance they will stay South Buona vista .. a cheaper alternative to Holland ..

R99C
22-07-09, 21:00
dear neighbours, anybody owns a 2bedroom unit (Type A1) here? :)
can share on how to protect the washing machine from rain when it is placed in the 2nd balcony. Thanks.

proud owner
22-07-09, 21:07
can share on how to protect the washing machine from rain when it is placed in the 2nd balcony. Thanks.

you put washer at balcony ?
or do you mean back yard , where it is designated for washer/dryer ?

R99C
22-07-09, 21:21
if you look at the 2bedroom floor plan, the area to do washing is actually called 'Balcony'. It has proper water source and drainage piping for washing machine. any suggestions?

teddybear
22-07-09, 21:22
Not really lah. Got friends working in North Buona Vista and they said many of their colleagues either bought properties in Jurong East / West / Lakeside. They like to be walking distance to MRT and shopping malls / amenities. West Coast no MRT and no amenities / shopping malls. They also find current West Coast condo too ex.

look at the Sails ..when it was launched .. i was recommended to buy one unit there ..but i didnt ..becos I DIDNT WANT TO BE SO CLOSE TO WORK PLACE .. and WRONG ..so many buyers were people working at Raffles Place ..

so to some extend ..if one in RnD at North Buona Vista .. good chance they will stay South Buona vista .. a cheaper alternative to Holland ..

proud owner
22-07-09, 21:29
Not really lah. Got friends working in North Buona Vista and they said many of their colleagues either bought properties in Jurong East / West / Lakeside. They like to be walking distance to MRT and shopping malls / amenities. West Coast no MRT and no amenities / shopping malls. They also find current West Coast condo too ex.

thats the reason why the train will now run from Alexandra to PP to West coast to NUH to One NOrth to Buona Vista station ..

its all in the plan ...

teddybear
22-07-09, 21:37
Last time I heard they are not going to open the PP and West Coast stations. Have they changed plan?

thats the reason why the train will now run from Alexandra to PP to West coast to NUH to One NOrth to Buona Vista station ..

its all in the plan ...

proud owner
22-07-09, 21:41
Last time I heard they are not going to open the PP and West Coast stations. Have they changed plan?

hahaha no i havent heard that ..

but that will be BAD news for those buyers of Parc Imperial... so close and yet so far

maria
22-07-09, 21:46

You can use weather sheltered blinds. I dont know whether this can help. You can also check with condo management whether you can install window or shutter.

proud owner
22-07-09, 21:49
You can use weather sheltered blinds. I dont know whether this can help. You can also check with condo management whether you can install window or shutter.

hhmmm what happens to the good old plastic cover ?

maria
22-07-09, 21:51
hhmmm what happens to the good old plastic cover ?
Are you talking about the washing machine cover?

$2COE
22-07-09, 21:52

Thinking of just using a plastic cover when not in use..will the washing machine be damaged when left in open? If won't, then prob just leave it in the open??

proud owner
22-07-09, 21:53
Are you talking about the washing machine cover?

yes i think thats good and cheap solution ... i think they are still on sale in NTUC and some DIY shops

maria
22-07-09, 21:55
Is there a minimart at the Clubhouse? When the shutter bus will start and is it free for first year?

maria
22-07-09, 22:01
yes i think thats good and cheap solution ... i think they are still on sale in NTUC and some DIY shops

I tried before. Never want to use them cos damp due to rainwater. Yard floor also wet and if heavy rain, water can flow even to store room.

R99C
22-07-09, 22:11
i shall check with the management whether can stall blinds or louvre in the washing area.

i heard there is a minimart, but dont think got shuttle bus.

proud owner
22-07-09, 22:17
i shall check with the management whether can stall blinds or louvre in the washing area.

blind and louvre are ok ... they are considered non permanent fixtures ...

maria
22-07-09, 22:22

If we can install window it is even better. some condos owners got approval to install windows at their living hall balcony after one year of staying. Hope we can do that to our balcony.

proud owner
22-07-09, 22:25
If we can install window it is even better. some condos owners got approval to install windows at their living hall balcony after one year of staying. Hope we can do that to our balcony.

once MCST is set up ..you can do most things without seeking approval ..

maria
22-07-09, 22:31
once MCST is set up ..you can do most things without seeking approval ..

Oh is it? :) I thought must seek approval for anything to do with the exterior reno like glass window.

linus2608
22-07-09, 23:01
Dear Owner,

Looking for a 3 bedroom unit at Carabelle or Botannia. Just sold my unit at hillview, healthy budget, ready buyer. Pls PM with your stack no and asking price (psf). Thank you

teddybear
22-07-09, 23:20
Stack 01, $2000 psf in Carabelle, you want? :cheers1:

Dear Owner,

Looking for a 3 bedroom unit at Carabelle or Botannia. Just sold my unit at hillview, healthy budget, ready buyer. Pls PM with your stack no and asking price (psf). Thank you

PropertiesHunter
23-07-09, 10:32
Dear Owner,

Got a agent ask Botannia 800psf stack18 Low flr. Can pass you no only if PM

boeing777
23-07-09, 11:00
theres a type A1 unit 883 sq ft caveat just lodged at 827 psf!

maria
23-07-09, 18:23
Just called to my lawyer's office. Staff told me they send top letter out 17 July but todate still have yet to receive. About a week already. She then send the letter by email to me upon my request and the letter mentioned that they must receive cheques by 24 july i.e. tomorrow. Letter refer to clause 6 and 7 of the sales agreement. Anybody can advise on what to do. The hard copies sent are lost. Is there original documents attached to the top letter that I must keep.

amidala
23-07-09, 18:46
Hi,
im interested in a 3BR unit in Carabelle. Kindly PM me the size and selling price.
Thank you.

jlbc
23-07-09, 21:37
Just called to my lawyer's office. Staff told me they send top letter out 17 July but todate still have yet to receive. About a week already. She then send the letter by email to me upon my request and the letter mentioned that they must receive cheques by 24 july i.e. tomorrow. Letter refer to clause 6 and 7 of the sales agreement. Anybody can advise on what to do. The hard copies sent are lost. Is there original documents attached to the top letter that I must keep.

the copies that are send by the lawyer office to your homes are the photostated ones from the developer...just go down to your law firm and make payment on the spot and ask for the photostated copies. The 24th July is the date where they will send their payment for the 25% to the developer. So they got to make sure that you make payment first for the 6 months maintainance and survey fees. Hopes that help...

JXCHIA
24-07-09, 02:41
am interested in 2 bed rooms at Carabelle, keen in Block 61 # xx-19. If you have a unit and sincerely want to sell, pls pm me, tks. I am not an agent. Agents are welcome to pm me too.

maria
24-07-09, 09:54
the copies that are send by the lawyer office to your homes are the photostated ones from the developer...just go down to your law firm and make payment on the spot and ask for the photostated copies. The 24th July is the date where they will send their payment for the 25% to the developer. So they got to make sure that you make payment first for the 6 months maintainance and survey fees. Hopes that help...

Thanks jlbc. :) Noted your msge only photocopies so feel at ease. I will go down to law office today for payment.

novel
24-07-09, 11:40
asking 1 qns but dun bash me if you find it irrelevant or stupid... :p can the retractable laundry system be use in the backyard area? Or must have dryer coz cannot hang clothes? :D

stalingrad
24-07-09, 12:05
asking 1 qns but dun bash me if you find it irrelevant or stupid... :p can the retractable laundry system be use in the backyard area? Or must have dryer coz cannot hang clothes? :D

Sure you can. the second balcony is actually the yard. you can hand out your dirty laundry there.

polkadots
24-07-09, 18:29
stack 19 may be 3 bedrms.

am interested in 2 bed rooms at Carabelle, keen in Block 61 # xx-19. If you have a unit and sincerely want to sell, pls pm me, tks. I am not an agent. Agents are welcome to pm me too.

JXCHIA
27-07-09, 01:44
stack 19 may be 3 bedrms.

ok tks, think 3 bed room also can, cos 2 bed room may be a bit small also. So if there is any seller or agent that wan to sell thier unit pls pm me tks.

darrenp
28-07-09, 12:55
i started a community for carabelle owners to talk abt their new home and discuss abt defect rectifications, reno and moving in!
http://carabelle.forumcommunity.net/

JXCHIA
11-08-09, 13:40
53 West Coast Way #04-06
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$730
$943k
17 Jul 09
51 West Coast Way #07-01
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$732
$1080k
16 Jul 09
61 West Coast Way #09-21
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$778
$1080k
09 Jul 09
65 West Coast Way #09-28
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$802
$760k
09 Jul 09
65 West Coast Way #10-27
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$750
$976k
07 Jul 09
61 West Coast Way #02-18
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$761
$860k
06 Jul 09
57 West Coast Way #09-11
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$731
$920k
02 Jul 09
57 West Coast Way #04-11
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$723
$910k
02 Jul 09
51 West Coast Way #11-02
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$827
$730k
02 Jul 09
65 West Coast Way #10-28
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$811
$768k
01 Jul 09
59 West Coast Way #02-15
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$765
$725k
25 Jun 09
63 West Coast Way #12-23
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$751
$1600k
23 Jun 09
61 West Coast Way #08-20
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$743
$968k
19 Jun 09
55 West Coast Way #03-08
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$759
$670k
19 Jun 09
55 West Coast Way #05-07
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$715
$923k
19 Jun 09
61 West Coast Way #08-19
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$718
$812k
18 Jun 09
65 West Coast Way #01-29
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$677
$780k
16 Jun 09
53 West Coast Way #07-06
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$658
$850k
12 Jun 09
57 West Coast Way #07-12
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$771
$730k
08 Jun 09
51 West Coast Way #03-03
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$650
$840k
04 Jun 09

JXCHIA
27-08-09, 02:16
57 West Coast Way #04-13
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$845
$800k
06 Aug 09
61 West Coast Way #08-18
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$790
$892k
31 Jul 09

Boompro
27-08-09, 08:52
57 West Coast Way #04-13
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$845
$800k
06 Aug 09
61 West Coast Way #08-18
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$790
$892k
31 Jul 09

Got news from an agent telling me there was a transaction of Botannia 2BR unit fetched more than 1k psf, caveat should be shown next month soon. Is that true?

stalingrad
27-08-09, 09:42
Got news from an agent telling me there was a transaction of Botannia 2BR unit fetched more than 1k psf, caveat should be shown next month soon. Is that true?

it would be great if it is true. carabelle would not be far behind.

but I doubt it is true, given that most sellers are asking for far less than 1000psf even for a two-bedder.

Property_Owner
27-08-09, 09:54
it would be great if it is true. carabelle would not be far behind.

but I doubt it is true, given that most sellers are asking for far less than 1000psf even for a two-bedder.

Had Ho Ching spoken to you yet?

Honesty
27-08-09, 21:16

Don't be crazy lah, so many units from all the 4 development there, how can be $1K psf.

Many other units are already selling below value now. You can also see more fire sale and auction sale in the ST ads.

For now more people are selling their unit before price fall.

Condorich
28-08-09, 06:42
Don't be crazy lah, so many units from all the 4 development there, how can be $1K psf.

Many other units are already selling below value now. You can also see more fire sale and auction sale in the ST ads.

For now more people are selling their unit before price fall.

That is a valid point and I do agree with you on this.

It is known that there are over inflated prices or super depressed prices in deals which are not meant to be legal. Got something to do with CPF money.

A few months back... asking prices is softer all over.... Look at the general market sentiments now... looks like everything is back or close to 2007 peak prices. This is a good time for the DPS buyers to quickly exit the market so that their ass will not be burnt and deals will be made. For those with holding power... they will ask for more to make a bigger killing at a risk of not closing any deals.

Boompro
28-08-09, 10:08
That is a valid point and I do agree with you on this.

It is known that there are over inflated prices or super depressed prices in deals which are not meant to be legal. Got something to do with CPF money.

A few months back... asking prices is softer all over.... Look at the general market sentiments now... looks like everything is back or close to 2007 peak prices. This is a good time for the DPS buyers to quickly exit the market so that their ass will not be burnt and deals will be made. For those with holding power... they will ask for more to make a bigger killing at a risk of not closing any deals.

A foreigner friend of mine is interested in this area for 2BR high floor unit, so checking around for him. It seems agents told me at least 850k now the owners are asking. Is it a good time to buy? Thanks for the advice.

housewife
28-08-09, 13:41
A foreigner friend of mine is interested in this area for 2BR high floor unit, so checking around for him. It seems agents told me at least 850k now the owners are asking. Is it a good time to buy? Thanks for the advice.
not that high lah, unless 2+study. can find lower asking price at http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/744/carabelle/sale/1?submit=Search&property_id=744&listing_type=sale&maxbed=2&page=1&listing_per_page=10&smm=1&minbed=2

Condorich
28-08-09, 14:17

No one is going to commit to say that it is a good time to buy unless they can forsee the future. i.e. GOD

Buy only when the price is right for you/them. Asking prices advertised can be negotiated... 1 to 3 % down is easy, 5 to 10% is much much harder and if more than 20%.. can forget about it.

Of course I will take a look at the asking prices first.. if it is Ridiculously high... forget it...

stalingrad
28-08-09, 16:52
not that high lah, unless 2+study. can find lower asking price at http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/744/carabelle/sale/1?submit=Search&property_id=744&listing_type=sale&maxbed=2&page=1&listing_per_page=10&smm=1&minbed=2

the URL provided shows most 2 bedders if not all are selling more than $850 psf. in stead of comforting him, you are scaring him.

housewife
28-08-09, 17:05
the URL provided shows most 2 bedders if not all are selling more than $850 psf. in stead of comforting him, you are scaring him.
i guess Boompro (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=30850) won't be scared at 850psf as his agent told him min 850k (not 850psf) for 2 br, which only 883sf, so that was close to 1k psf! nobody ask that high in propertyguru. those asking >850k are 2+study with 947sf. and I guess Boompro (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=30850) knows asking price is "asking" price.

Boompro
31-08-09, 09:55
:) Thanks for the responses. I will leave it to my friend to decide once he'll be here the next month. Any idea when the new launch at old Hong Leong Garden site? Hope he can make it earlier before the price up too much.

EBD
31-08-09, 15:02
i guess Boompro (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=30850) won't be scared at 850psf as his agent told him min 850k (not 850psf) for 2 br, which only 883sf, so that was close to 1k psf! nobody ask that high in propertyguru. those asking >850k are 2+study with 947sf. and I guess Boompro (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=30850) knows asking price is "asking" price.

Yup , can ASK for whatever they want.

with 179 :scared-1: units up for sale on propertyguru I think market will be quite efficient at finding the actual price. Not rare and plentiful supply. Need to find the weakest seller not strongest holder.

jwong71
02-09-09, 01:04
Yup , can ASK for whatever they want.

with 179 :scared-1: units up for sale on propertyguru I think market will be quite efficient at finding the actual price. Not rare and plentiful supply. Need to find the weakest seller not strongest holder.

Need to clarify on this,the 179units on propertyguru either of same units from many different agents. OR some are dummy ads, trying to fish for buyers and sellers. Marketing tactic

It does not mean there really such units for sale at times. ONE of my frz bought at ard 600Kplus plus from developer. Needless to say they may not be the weakest seller nor the strongest seller. For them,consider a steal. Good offer may consider to sell.

Another example, alot ppl missed the boat are expecting for the Lunar 7th month,for the sales to come to a HALT. Buyers still take the plunge. Only superstitous chinese wont renovate, shift house during that month. Buying is different,when TOP is not in Lunar 7month.

Believe in own belief,but it may just go the other way

JXCHIA
05-09-09, 02:15
61 West Coast Way #12-19
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$798
$1650k
14 Aug 09
51 West Coast Way #05-02
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$867
$765k
11 Aug 09
57 West Coast Way #03-10
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$800
$1041k
11 Aug 09
57 West Coast Way #04-13
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$845
$800k
06 Aug 09
61 West Coast Way #08-18
956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
$790
$892k
31 Jul 09

darrenp
08-09-09, 15:49
hi carabelle owners,

did you guys deck up the whole balcony using timber/chengai? How much were you quoted by your ID/contractor? Would liek to know mkt price! Thanks!!

Juz4max
08-09-09, 16:55
hi carabelle owners,

did you guys deck up the whole balcony using timber/chengai? How much were you quoted by your ID/contractor? Would liek to know mkt price! Thanks!!

This company who do up my unit got a standard package for all the types of unit in Carabelle.

I paid $1150 for my unit, a 2+1.

I have seen some other units, there a difference in quality, workmanship, methods and price.

PM me if you need more infomation.

xebay11
08-09-09, 16:58
This company who do up my unit got a standard package for all the types of unit in Carabelle.

I have seen some other units, there a difference in quality, workmanship, methods and price.

Normally decking is quoted on a psf basis. Lowest quote I have is $20psf.

darrenp
09-09-09, 18:22

so how is their work manship? as compared to others u saw? and do they give u alot to choose from in terms of stain/finishing?

The One
25-09-09, 16:01
For those who had stayed in the units, can you sleep well at night with those noise from AYE? I am refering to those occupiers whose unit is facing the AYE. Thanks.

august
25-09-09, 19:40
For those who had stayed in the units, can you sleep well at night with those noise from AYE? I am refering to those occupiers whose unit is facing the AYE. Thanks.

No problem, on aircon all the way ~

stalingrad
26-09-09, 07:34

I think only a few stacks are affected by AYE, stacks really close to AYE. We have a unit in stack 9, and it is really quiet, even with windows open. not sure about high floors. we are on a mid-level floor.

housewife
29-09-09, 15:29
anyone got management office phone number? thanx

housewife
05-10-09, 13:38
anyone got management office phone number? thanx
got it already.

has anyone decked up the planter area? (not whole balcony) is decking cheaper or putting plants to fill entire planter cheaper? never planted anything b4, so not sure of costs or which plants suitable

stalingrad
05-10-09, 14:04
We were quoted $400 in total for decking our rectangular planter. I think the wood is rubber wood. if your planter is L-shaped, you may have to pay more.

I thought you were interested in clementiwoods. How come you bought a unit at carabelle instead? got a good deal?

by the way, we spent 1600 for decking four bay windows.

housewife
05-10-09, 14:30
We were quoted $400 in total for decking our rectangular planter. I think the wood is rubber wood. if your planter is L-shaped, you may have to pay more.

I thought you were interested in clementiwoods. How come you bought a unit at carabelle instead? got a good deal?

thanx! renting at Carabelle now. can plants be settled below decking cost? the empty planter looks scary, landlord dun want to do anything, so we have to do sth to prevent falling into it with minimum cost. the bay window I'll just bear with it.

btw, do u install curtain in toilet? wonder if shower with lights on is safe with original frosted window.

stalingrad
05-10-09, 14:39
thanx! renting at Carabelle now. can plants be settled below decking cost? the empty planter looks scary, landlord dun want to do anything, so we have to do sth to prevent falling into it with minimum cost. the bay window I'll just bear with it.

btw, do u install curtain in toilet? wonder if shower with lights on is safe with original frosted window.

Yes, I once fell into the planter. it is not safe for either adults or children.

We did not deck up the planter, because it would be too dangerous for kids to play around the glass panels there. We plan to put soil in the planter and then put cacti there to scare off our kids.

No curtains in our toilets.

xebay11
05-10-09, 15:05
We plan to put soil in the planter and then put cacti there to scare off our kids.

Sorry but that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, what if the kids accidentally get poked by the cacti?

housewife
05-10-09, 15:21
Yes, I once fell into the planter. it is not safe for either adults or children.

We did not deck up the planter, because it would be too dangerous for kids to play around the glass panels there. We plan to put soil in the planter and then put cacti there to scare off our kids.

No curtains in our toilets.
thanx stalingrad. cacti great idea! :cool:

boeing777
05-10-09, 15:29

who do u use for decking? can recommend? $400 sounds decently priced