PDA

View Full Version : Carabelle (D5, Freehold, Sim Lian)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

proud owner
13-05-09, 17:58
yours is not 3BR+1Study so not really ideal for me....

3 bedder + 1 study ?

how about a 4 bedroom PH ??

apple3
13-05-09, 23:35
3 bedder + 1 study ?

how about a 4 bedroom PH ??

Kind of wonder, how much will a 4Bedder PH warrant?
Say seller asking price, $750psf?
And how about buyer offer, $640psf?

apple3
13-05-09, 23:45
stalingrad, may I know your unit is how many bedrooms? And bought at which price, psf?

anyway, i think now the agent/seller is trying to raise prices due to the recently stock rally as market seems to be recovering... once they know they cannot sell at those price, they will lower the price.

And you know what the agent told me too? He said the units he has with him, the owners has holding power so will not sell lower than their request price.

Ok lor, hold those units with you lor :tongue3: I look at Botannia or elsewhere in West then.

Hi Novel, the next time someone tell you STI are up so property price are up you tell them this;

STI was hovering 3300 a year back and now even with 2200, they are still 30% off mark. AND if their property not going to sell at 30% less, what make them think that STI 1800 to 2200 they can increase price?

To be frank, like what the russian said, 730 is a bit on the steep side.

proud owner
14-05-09, 08:44
Kind of wonder, how much will a 4Bedder PH warrant?
Say seller asking price, $750psf?
And how about buyer offer, $640psf?

using the ave 2-3 bedder psf ... say if they are 750 psf .. i would
a 4 bedder PH would be 700 psf

novel
14-05-09, 10:02
apple3,

I really HATE that agent, if he call me with a good bargain I also wun let him transact for me! :tongue3: He was telling me he got all the info at his fingertips, so judging from his view it is no point for me to hold.

And he told me the caveats lodged for that particular mth is always backdated 3 mths, e.g. March09 info is actually transacted in Jan09, isit true?

proudowner,
I am really confident the price will drop below 700psf especially with so many west dev. coming up. So no point for me to get the 4BR PH at such a hefty price.

stalingrad
14-05-09, 10:13
apple3,

I really HATE that agent, if he call me with a good bargain I also wun let him transact for me! :tongue3: He was telling me he got all the info at his fingertips, so judging from his view it is no point for me to hold.

And he told me the caveats lodged for that particular mth is always backdated 3 mths, e.g. March09 info is actually transacted in Jan09, isit true?

proudowner,
I am really confident the price will drop below 700psf especially with so many west dev. coming up. So no point for me to get the 4BR PH at such a hefty price.

agree with you, novel, although I own a unit of carabelle. with so many condos already launched or waiting in the wing, there is no room for price appreciation. there is only one way to go, down. the question is by how much.

Having said that, I am not selling mine because I don't want to be caught without a place to live in. I don't want to rent because I hate visits by landlords asking for a rent hike.

There is a transaction today reported by BT involving rivergate, at 1045psf. wow! if rivergate is selling at that price, what is the fair price for west coast condos?

proud owner
14-05-09, 10:17
apple3,

proudowner,

if you have a place to stay now ... and dist to school is not an issue to you ..then can wait

apple3
14-05-09, 15:24
apple3,

proudowner,

Yes and no. Depend when the lawyer file the caveat. And if no loan was taken or the unit purchase as it is in full cash, it may not reflect.

$2COE
14-05-09, 21:24
Hi,

any owners here have a copy of the floor plan with actual dimensions to scale?

apple3
15-05-09, 04:23
using the ave 2-3 bedder psf ... say if they are 750 psf .. i would
a 4 bedder PH would be 700 psf

Just FYI, 7 out of 10 valuations of Carabelle did not exceed 700psf.

apple3
15-05-09, 04:29
agree with you, novel, although I own a unit of carabelle. with so many condos already launched or waiting in the wing, there is no room for price appreciation. there is only one way to go, down. the question is by how much.

Having said that, I am not selling mine because I don't want to be caught without a place to live in. I don't want to rent because I hate visits by landlords asking for a rent hike.

There is a transaction today reported by BT involving rivergate, at 1045psf. wow! if rivergate is selling at that price, what is the fair price for west coast condos?

So we have a owner here that are not blindly bullish or pathetically defending his purchase, hard to come by in this forum.

In any case, you are on a good bargain in current context.

novel
15-05-09, 12:13
apple3, how can you check the valuation? :confused:

novel
15-05-09, 12:22
So we have a owner here that are not blindly bullish or pathetically defending his purchase, hard to come by in this forum.

In any case, you are on a good bargain in current context.

nope, I think he is just a happy owner to know that his purchase is a good bargain and had since increase value. :cheers4:

david8387
15-05-09, 16:07
can view the unit now? thot it is not completed yet?

just viewing the unit facing c if got afternoon sun or not from outside of the job site....anyway :banghead: cause the agent MIA liao..

stalingrad
15-05-09, 16:12
nope, I think he is just a happy owner to know that his purchase is a good bargain and had since increase value. :cheers4:

oh, come one. while I am not selling, I am not sure I can get a lot more I paid for the unit. at most, 20-30k. that is nothing.

novel
15-05-09, 17:26
david,
you mean when you want to offer the agent MIA? hmm....maybe increase price somemore :tongue3:

stalingrad,
sure just 20~30K, well...if you can find a "carrot" to buy your unit at 700psf you got lots more but of course not enough for One North.

novel
15-05-09, 17:28
how to check valuation?

I mean if bank cannot loan the buyer more than the valuation, the seller got to find one buyer that can fork out ALOT of cash outfront right?:confused:

apple3
15-05-09, 17:38
apple3, how can you check the valuation? :confused:

My job/professional related.
But well, the terminal only last till end of this year, so to speak.
Which after that I'm officially on full retirement.

apple3
15-05-09, 17:45
oh, come one. while I am not selling, I am not sure I can get a lot more I paid for the unit. at most, 20-30k. that is nothing.

Absolutely right. With stamp, duty + interest cost (aka DPS 2-3% extra) it come up to almost nothing if not a deflict, but your honesty are worthy.

Again, being a dweller, you only look forward to TOP. For investor/flipper, they dread the letter from developer in current climax.

After all, it a good buy for you. Carabelle is anytime a role model of how condominium should be build.

apple3
15-05-09, 17:50
how to check valuation?

I mean if bank cannot loan the buyer more than the valuation, the seller got to find one buyer that can fork out ALOT of cash outfront right?:confused:

You are quite right. But your phasing seem putting the liability on the seller where else it the buyer that need to try changing bank or other means to fulfill his OTP/S&P obligation before deposit got forfeited by seller.

stalingrad
15-05-09, 18:16
You are quite right. But your phasing seem putting the liability on the seller where else it the buyer that need to try changing bank or other means to fulfill his OTP/S&P obligation before deposit got forfeited by seller.

haha, it is quite amusing. novel always try to make the situation easier for herself. I think she is definitely going to live to be 100. if everyone were like her, there would be no heart diseases.:spliff:

stalingrad
15-05-09, 18:19
Absolutely right. With stamp, duty + interest cost (aka DPS 2-3% extra) it come up to almost nothing if not a deflict, but your honesty are worthy.

Again, being a dweller, you only look forward to TOP. For investor/flipper, they dread the letter from developer in current climax.

After all, it a good buy for you. Carabelle is anytime a role model of how condominium should be build.

no DPS. We had progressive payment plan. In fact, we would've preferred to pay the whole thing off in one go. we had too much cash at that time. We bought carabelle because my wife kept nagging me about being "cash rich and asset poor."

yes, I really look forward to TOP, so I no longer have to hear my wife nag about our cash in the bank earning less than 1%.

Property_Owner
15-05-09, 20:20
no DPS. We had progressive payment plan. In fact, we would've preferred to pay the whole thing off in one go. we had too much cash at that time. We bought carabelle because my wife kept nagging me about being "cash rich and asset poor."

yes, I really look forward to TOP, so I no longer have to hear my wife nag about our cash in the bank earning less than 1%.

Give this man a beer! Cool:cheers6:

highroller
15-05-09, 21:12
Give this man a beer! Cool:cheers6:

Make it a Tiger...

I hope it TOP's soon... been waiting for ages.

novel
15-05-09, 21:54
haha, it is quite amusing. novel always try to make the situation easier for herself. I think she is definitely going to live to be 100. if everyone were like her, there would be no heart diseases.:spliff:

haha... :p

but isn't it true...the buyer will not be so much affected as long as he is clearly aware of the financial status he is in unless he is a goner lah.

If anybody can sell me at your price I can pay cash too. Seller contact me ya. ;)

apple3
16-05-09, 19:21

So 2% less of DPS list price and current PPS on 65% schedule.. hmm, discount + saving on loan interest cost - opportunity cost - bank saving interest = you smart ass.

stalingrad
21-05-09, 10:18
it feels funny to talk about carabelle at the botannia forum. Let's talk about carabelle in our sphere.

What I know from talking to Mabel Tan at Sim Lian is that TOP is likely to be issued in August this year. Time to visit furniture showroom. I like the french theme, but don't think it is suitable for carabelle, which is more of a mass condo. so, I am going to adopt a contemporary or retro southeast asian theme. a lot of indonesian carvings and sculptures.

jozz91
21-05-09, 10:30
it feels funny to talk about carabelle at the botannia forum. Let's talk about carabelle in our sphere.

What I know from talking to Mabel Tan at Sim Lian is that TOP is likely to be issued in August this year. Time to visit furniture showroom. I like the french theme, but don't think it is suitable for carabelle, which is more of a mass condo. so, I am going to adopt a contemporary or retro southeast asian theme. a lot of indonesian carvings and sculptures.
same sentiment too... so i am here now :)

saw from the link below : Spa bath under sanitary fittings refer to jacuzzi huh?
http://www.orangetee.com/Visitor_Lounge/NewLaunches/Carabelle/Specifications.asp

Have fun furniture hunting .. i am still far from this stage...

stalingrad
21-05-09, 10:35

saw from the link below : Spa bath under sanitary fittings refer to jacuzzi huh?
http://www.orangetee.com/Visitor_Lounge/NewLaunches/Carabelle/Specifications.asp

yes, spa bath is the jacuzzi. We saw how it works in the showflat. You turn in on, and you get water churned up pretty good.

The agent also said that carabelle features higher ceilings at 3.1 meters vs. 2.8 meters at other condos. I hope it is true when we collect the keys.

jozz91
21-05-09, 10:55
yes, spa bath is the jacuzzi. We saw how it works in the showflat. You turn in on, and you get water churned up pretty good.

The agent also said that carabelle features higher ceilings at 3.1 meters vs. 2.8 meters at other condos. I hope it is true when we collect the keys.

woo.. thanks for sharing...:cool-punk-headbange

have you seen the actual blocks?
sorry, i feel that the colors of the buildings are not very appealing, not as nice as the artist's impression :(

apple3
22-05-09, 01:50

The supplier for this fitting is an associate of mine.
If I wasn't wrong (buy insurance), spa bath is technically not Jacuzzi. The earlier just use the water pressure where else the later need electric, have motor/control and cost more.

I think the supplier also cater the either metropolixxx or equatorixxx, can't recall which one but it coolz. Seldom condo supply this nowsaday and anytime better than a plain bath tub.

For the colour, it won't be there forever. BCA require building to repaint not less than 6 or 7 years gap. Vote your prefer colour with MCST if you still stay there.

my 2 cents.

boeing777
22-05-09, 10:40

Mabel Tan is a very pretty girl

stalingrad
22-05-09, 11:08

Don't know she is pretty or not. but she sounds nice and willing to help.

apple3
23-05-09, 03:05

ya.. pretty girl always sound nice and helpful. even fart smell good.
hahhahahah... kidding, pls dont take it seriously.

dimspice
24-05-09, 00:08
Pics of Carabelle as @ May 2009

noblebaby
24-05-09, 11:06
Pics of Carabelle as @ May 2009

look like color of infiniti is nicer, but still prefer Carabelle, too bad, it's still expensive. :banghead:

dimspice
25-05-09, 09:36
look like color of infiniti is nicer, but still prefer Carabelle, too bad, it's still expensive. :banghead:

yeah color for infiniti is more vibrant and botania's looks more classy. the greenery at botania is really nice too. carabelle should have more greens as it looks quite bare.

jozz91
25-05-09, 14:09
The supplier for this fitting is an associate of mine.
If I wasn't wrong (buy insurance), spa bath is technically not Jacuzzi. The earlier just use the water pressure where else the later need electric, have motor/control and cost more.

I think the supplier also cater the either metropolixxx or equatorixxx, can't recall which one but it coolz. Seldom condo supply this nowsaday and anytime better than a plain bath tub.

For the colour, it won't be there forever. BCA require building to repaint not less than 6 or 7 years gap. Vote your prefer colour with MCST if you still stay there.

my 2 cents.

Thanks for the clarification, Apple.
Really hope something can be done to the color.

Nice pics, dimspice :)

polkadots
28-05-09, 22:10
Lately, because of the hot weather, I was a little worried and started monitoring and taking some photos of the west sun direction for the blocks facing the landed house between noon to 6pm.

stacks 10, 14,18, 22 have zero west sun (totally blocked), stacks 11, 15, 19,23 will be hit, stacks 12, 16,20,24 should be hit too. stacks 13, 17,21,25 should be fine.

In short, stacks on the right hand side of the block should be quite safe from west sun.

Let me know if you wanna see the photos.

For carabelle, those unit facing landed houses got west sun? any one know about this.?

Juz4max
29-05-09, 11:48
Lately, because of the hot weather, I was a little worried and started monitoring and taking some photos of the west sun direction for the blocks facing the landed house between noon to 6pm.

stacks 10, 14,18, 22 have zero west sun (totally blocked), stacks 11, 15, 19,23 will be hit, stacks 12, 16,20,24 should be hit too. stacks 13, 17,21,25 should be fine.

In short, stacks on the right hand side of the block should be quite safe from west sun.

Let me know if you wanna see the photos.

Hi Polkadots,

Can post all the the pic here?

Thanx.

polkadots
29-05-09, 13:12
Hi Polkadots,

Can post all the the pic here?

Thanx.
here goes:

these are pics of stack 18 (sheltered) on the left and stack 23 (hit) on the right at 1329hrs, 1415hrs, 1522hrs and 1645hrs. looks like stack 18 is almost completely sheltered....at this time of the year, the whole afternoon. from the pics we can deduce that stacks 10, 14 and 22 should also be well covered......

Juz4max
29-05-09, 14:26
here goes:

these are pics of stack 18 (sheltered) on the left and stack 23 (hit) on the right at 1329hrs, 1415hrs, 1522hrs and 1645hrs. looks like stack 18 is almost completely sheltered....at this time of the year, the whole afternoon. from the pics we can deduce that stacks 10, 14 and 22 should also be well covered......

Hi Polkadots,

Thanx for sharing.....:)

jlbc
29-05-09, 22:40
here goes:

Hi polkadots

my current home is west facing, I had noticed that the sun sets at slightly dfferent location at different time of the year. Maybe this time of the year 18 is sheltered but there is a possibility that it still could catch some noon sun as it is slightly west facing...:)

polkadots
30-05-09, 08:53
yes, definitely! I am trying to determine how the setting directions will change throughout the year. Anyone know how to?

My sis used to have a unit a Montery Park that is slightly more west facing (can see Pandan Reservior). She mentioned she got west sun at an angle of about 45 degrees into her apartment at certain time of the year and very little sun at other time of the year. The facing of stacks 10,14,18,22 is more east facing then her unit (verified from google earth). So, if the worst west sun period for her is now then these lucky stack may be quite cool throughout the year, except, maybe for the Penthouse. In any case, I will expect the impact of west sun on these stacks to be small.

Hi polkadots

my current home is west facing, I had noticed that the sun sets at slightly dfferent location at different time of the year. Maybe this time of the year 18 is sheltered but there is a possibility that it still could catch some noon sun as it is slightly west facing...:)

polkadots
30-05-09, 11:35
Ah hah! This is what I am looking for, Azimuth (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=236&month=5&year=2009&obj=sun&afl=-12&day=1)! Let me find some time to dig out my set squares and do some analysis.

On preliminary inspections and assuming the north on the Carabelle brochure I have is true north, these stacks may get slight west sun at 20+ degrees at certain time of the year. But for the hottest months of the year, april to july, these may get little or no west sun! I also note that the design of the balcony wall may help block some light. :)

Hi polkadots

jlbc
30-05-09, 13:29
:) ..interesting find...looking at it, the sunset is at -247 degree in Dec... but by then the weather should be cooler...

Ah hah! This is what I am looking for, Azimuth (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=236&month=5&year=2009&obj=sun&afl=-12&day=1)! Let me find some time to dig out my set squares and do some analysis.

On preliminary inspections and assuming the north on the Carabelle brochure I have is true north, these stacks may get slight west sun at 20+ degrees at certain time of the year. But for the hottest months of the year, april to july, these may get little or no west sun! I also note that the design of the balcony wall may help block some light. :)

polkadots
30-05-09, 16:12
Somehow I cannot find any set squares or compass or protractor.

If google map always points north at the top we can get a rough or maybe even good estimate of the facing of the units in Carabelle from this picture. Then using the azimuth (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=236&month=5&year=2009&obj=sun&afl=-12&day=1) ,we can get an idea of the east/west sun's angle delta throughout the year. Can someone with a protractor tell me the facing of stack 10? :p

:) ..interesting find...looking at it, the sunset is at -247 degree in Dec... but by then the weather should be cooler...

ysteng
31-05-09, 23:44
Hi, does anyone have any idea when is TOP?

polkadots
01-06-09, 09:57
The below is just my personal shallow analysis. it is based on logics as I understand and I am not responsible for any deviations/mistakes. It may be utter rubbish for all I know.

Nobody seems to use a protractor anymore. So I printed out the map with drawn out angles, with a ruler, measured the sides the best I can and applied simple trigo and arrived at a facing of 203 degree for the SW, landed properties facing units in Carabelle.

Left hand-side unblocked stacks eg. stacks 11,15,19,23:

when the azimuth is 247 degree the stacks on the left may get west sun-light at about 40+ degree into the rooms. The left most room will get full west sun whether you like it or not, throughout the year. But fortunately, dec weather should be cooler. In hotter months of the year (apr to july) the azimuth angle is more favourable but as seen in the photos I have taken, the west sun on the left side room can be pretty warm.

Right hand-side stacks eg. 10,14,18,22:

These units are lucky as they are sheltered by the left hand side stacks so there is no exposed walls in the afternoon/sunset, except maybe for the PH. Cooler units can be expected here. I also note that the extended balcony wall may be added shelter for the rooms.

Somehow I cannot find any set squares or compass or protractor.

If google map always points north at the top we can get a rough or maybe even good estimate of the facing of the units in Carabelle from this picture. Then using the azimuth (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=236&month=5&year=2009&obj=sun&afl=-12&day=1) ,we can get an idea of the east/west sun's angle delta throughout the year. Can someone with a protractor tell me the facing of stack 10? :p

stalingrad
01-06-09, 10:12
The below is just my personal shallow analysis. it is based on logics as I understand and I am not responsible for any deviations/mistakes. It may be utter rubbish for all I know.

Nobody seems to use a protractor anymore. So I printed out the map with drawn out angles, with a ruler, measured the sides the best I can and applied simple trigo and arrived at a facing of 203 degree for the SW, landed properties facing units in Carabelle.

Left hand-side unblocked stacks eg. stacks 11,15,19,23:

when the azimuth is 247 degree the stacks on the left may get west sun-light at about 40+ degree into the rooms. The left most room will get full west sun whether you like it or not, throughout the year. But fortunately, dec weather should be cooler. In hotter months of the year (apr to july) the azimuth angle is more favourable but as seen in the photos I have taken, the west sun on the left side room can be pretty warm.

Right hand-side stacks eg. 10,14,18,22:

These units are lucky as they are sheltered by the left hand side stacks so there is no exposed walls in the afternoon/sunset, except maybe for the PH. Cooler units can be expected here. I also note that the extended balcony wall may be added shelter for the rooms.

If you don't get the sun in the afternoon, you get it in the morning. It is really annoying to wake up in the morning and have to sit down to read newspapers and eat breakfast in heat and with the fun in your eyes.

I actually prefer the sun in the afternoon. why? Because the hot "period" is one during which you are at work or school.

One more thing, some of the blocks that are supposed to have the afternoon sun are shielded by botannia, to a certain extent.

polkadots
01-06-09, 14:14
having stayed in apartments with east and west sun before I feel west sun harder to tolerate. I had this HDB in which most the bedrooms get hit by west sun. When i return from work I can feel the wall radiating heat even in the night. It's like a sauna.

Logically speaking, the apartment and surrounding are cooled down overnight, the impact of the 4+ hours (7+ till noon, and assuming your are not staying on the top floor or PH) of morning sun may not be as bad. From noon, esp during the hot months when the temperature is higher, additional west sun hitting an apartment can cause it to warm up quite considerably.....:(

From the photos I have taken at about 1645hrs the left wall of stack 24 gets fully hit by the setting sun....i hope to check when I am free what time the shielding effect from Botannia will kick in.

If you don't get the sun in the afternoon, you get it in the morning. It is really annoying to wake up in the morning and have to sit down to read newspapers and eat breakfast in heat and with the fun in your eyes.

I actually prefer the sun in the afternoon. why? Because the hot "period" is one during which you are at work or school.

One more thing, some of the blocks that are supposed to have the afternoon sun are shielded by botannia, to a certain extent.

steppy
02-06-09, 22:57
spoke with the folks from sim lian today. estimated top for carabelle is aug/sept 2009.

dimspice
03-06-09, 17:33
time to pay up again soon :P

novel
04-06-09, 10:18
dimspice,

are you an owner of carabelle unit? :) Thought you were looking around too...so fast get an unit already?

dimspice
04-06-09, 17:06
dimspice,

are you an owner of carabelle unit? :) Thought you were looking around too...so fast get an unit already?

"time to pay up again soon" was supposed to be a question LOL....that said, yes waiting for TOP:) .

novel
04-06-09, 17:18
may i know how many bedder you bought and at how much psf?

KHR
06-06-09, 12:00
Hi,
I have been eyeing 2bdrm(883sqft) in carabelle for a long time, hoping for prices to drop before buying. Now it seems prices have shot up very high, especially now closer to TOP. A month ago it was 620k, now sellers asking 690k. Do u think there are any buyers at this price? Will prices drop after TOP when they cannot find any buyers? Do i buy now or wait for a better deal later?

jlbc
06-06-09, 15:05
spoke with the folks from sim lian today. estimated top for carabelle is aug/sept 2009.

drove pass today, the water feature already turned on....

polkadots
06-06-09, 18:38
haha...indeed the water feature was turned on....but somehow it looked smaller/narrower than what was depicted in the brochure....

was there at abt 1630hrs....super hot day....but it was very breezy at the main entrance. Tested my luck by walking into the main entrance and taking some pics. Was finally stopped by a foreman....I asked to be allowed to take some pictures of the main pool but was rejected. he then said the condo should TOP in 2 weeks....dunno how credible he is....

anyways, these are the best pics I can do....dun be too disappointed!

jlbc
06-06-09, 21:10
haha...indeed the water feature was turned on....but somehow it looked smaller/narrower than what was depicted in the brochure....

was there at abt 1630hrs....super hot day....but it was very breezy at the main entrance. Tested my luck by walking into the main entrance and taking some pics. Was finally stopped by a foreman....I asked to be allowed to take some pictures of the main pool but was rejected. he then said the condo should TOP in 2 weeks....dunno how credible he is....

anyways, these are the best pics I can do....dun be too disappointed!

Actually i was informed that TOP at end June, that is why go to see how much is completed....seems could be true...:)

novel
07-06-09, 15:38
Hi,
I have been eyeing 2bdrm(883sqft) in carabelle for a long time, hoping for prices to drop before buying. Now it seems prices have shot up very high, especially now closer to TOP. A month ago it was 620k, now sellers asking 690k. Do u think there are any buyers at this price? Will prices drop after TOP when they cannot find any buyers? Do i buy now or wait for a better deal later?

Hi,

depends on you want to stretch your budget and bear the loan for this unit? And do you desperately want it so much to pay at this price? As long as you are willing to pay then there will be such buyer right? :p

For me, I will look around to find something need my budget as the price that the sellers are asking now is really very ridiculous. For the amount I can go stay East Coast which is a better district.

novel
07-06-09, 15:40
stalin mentioned the TOP is Aug/Sep so for more accurate date we can ask the owners whether they have received letter informing them abt TOP and key collection....

stalingrad
08-06-09, 10:08
stalin mentioned the TOP is Aug/Sep so for more accurate date we can ask the owners whether they have received letter informing them abt TOP and key collection....

Not yet. but cannot rule out end of june as the date of TOP. the project is essentially completed.

Someone asked whether they should buy now or wait until TOP. I still think the current prices are, as Novel pointed out, ridiculous. When the current bear market rally is over, prices may resume declining. But it is hard to tell whether the current stock market rally is indeed a bear market rally.

Another factor that works toward higher prices is that P1 registration is just around the corner. A lot of parents may buy in this area because of that given the proximity to Nanhua. We will not sell for the same reason.

We even checked out QiFa primary nearby. It is a new school with new buildings and everything. So, if we don't get into Nanhua, we will settle for Qifa. I don't think that our sons will receive lousy education at Qifa. the idea every kid, bright or stupid, should go to star schools does not make sense. It is kids that make schools great or lousy, not the other way around. if the school is really that bad, MOE would have taken actions.

maria
15-06-09, 10:40
we went down last saturday night and this indian worker guarding the condo said that top this monday 15 june. I dont know whether true or not but at least we know soon!

polkadots
15-06-09, 18:46
eh....i called up this morning to ask for my floorplan with dimensions so we can start our furniture shopping/planning....there was no mention of TOP date over the phone.

$2COE
15-06-09, 19:10
Communication from developer for TOP around Aug..anyone with insider info?

jlbc
15-06-09, 22:10
eh....i called up this morning to ask for my floorplan with dimensions so we can start our furniture shopping/planning....there was no mention of TOP date over the phone.

Are you able to get the floorplan with the dimension?

jlbc
15-06-09, 22:13
we went down last saturday night and this indian worker guarding the condo said that top this monday 15 june. I dont know whether true or not but at least we know soon!

So are you the one with the black MPV that park besides the main entrance and walk in, daddy, mummy and little girl in tow? :)

polkadots
15-06-09, 23:34
They asked me to email them with the development, unit number and identify ourselves .....did so in the morning....no reply yet.....still waiting...but I dun see why they wun release the info if we are the rightful owners of the unit.......I doubt we are the first to ask for it......

Are you able to get the floorplan with the dimension?

jlbc
15-06-09, 23:59
They asked me to email them with the development, unit number and identify ourselves .....did so in the morning....no reply yet.....still waiting...but I dun see why they wun release the info if we are the rightful owners of the unit.......I doubt we are the first to ask for it......

Does emailing them works? had done that a couple of times and had gotten no reply whatsoever :(

stalingrad
16-06-09, 13:52
Does emailing them works? had done that a couple of times and had gotten no reply whatsoever :(
I heard from Janice Lim, the lawyer that you made the progressive payments to, that TOP is the first week of July. I hope that put to rest rumors about when TOP will be issued.

If anyone knows, the lawyer would know.

It is time to look for a contractor and visit furniture showrooms.

Property_Owner
16-06-09, 14:25
I heard from Janice Lim, the lawyer that you made the progressive payments to, that TOP is the first week of July. I hope that put to rest rumors about when TOP will be issued.

If anyone knows, the lawyer would know.

It is time to look for a contractor and visit furniture showrooms.

You can call BCA to check also :)

http://www.bca.gov.sg/

novel
16-06-09, 14:26
stalingrad,
its true...because one of the seller received the TOP letter already...well hope he can sell to me at my requested price. :p

polkadots
16-06-09, 17:57
is the seller for real?? i just called up Sim Lian again for my floorplan and asked if it is true that some units have already TOP. The Sim Lian lady said cannot be.

btw, she will email me my floorplan tomorrow.

stalingrad,
its true...because one of the seller received the TOP letter already...well hope he can sell to me at my requested price. :p

maria
16-06-09, 18:03

We got our floorplan from simlian a year ago on our email request . scale 1cm equal to 1m. You can try to email them to get the floorplan.

novel
16-06-09, 18:09
stalingrad,

hmm...thats what the agent told me wor....he said the seller received the TOP letter already, and if I get the unit can shift in by July.

And today when I drop by there the construction manager/supervisor told me the work is completed and TOP is end of this month. And I see Singtel going over to fix network.

maria
16-06-09, 18:14
What I know is that they will ask for the progressive payment 25%(i think is this percentage) + maintenance fees for some months + survey fees and once all cheques cleared we can then collect keys.

stalingrad
16-06-09, 19:37
hmm...thats what the agent told me wor....he said the seller received the TOP letter already, and if I get the unit can shift in by July.

And today when I drop by there the construction manager/supervisor told me the work is completed and TOP is end of this month. And I see Singtel going over to fix network.

so you caved in and paid the "ridiculous" price for carabelle? Just kidding, sincerely hope that our boys can go to NHPS hand in hand.

polkadots
16-06-09, 20:00
you are one early bird. yah they should email me by tomorrow, i hope.

We got our floorplan from simlian a year ago on our email request . scale 1cm equal to 1m. You can try to email them to get the floorplan.

millan
16-06-09, 21:35
so you caved in and paid the "ridiculous" price for carabelle? Just kidding, sincerely hope that our boys can go to NHPS hand in hand.

Hi,
May I ask how you intend to let yr boys to NH? By school bus or walk?

jlbc
16-06-09, 22:49

Should be very soon, just got letter from lawyer for the last 5% payment (for completion of carparks, drains etc)a couple of days back. The next letter will be the the 25%(for TOP) ...:)

angfamily
16-06-09, 23:40
Hi anymore can comment on the noise level at Carabelle. Does Infinity help to block off the expressway noise?

stalingrad
17-06-09, 07:36
Hi,
May I ask how you intend to let yr boys to NH? By school bus or walk?

walk. it is very close. Just 10 minutes' walk after crossing the overpass.

novel
17-06-09, 09:45

nay....still negotiating but this owner asking price is not that ridiculous. I encounter 1 that ask for 900psf!! :doh:

stalingrad
17-06-09, 10:18
Hi anymore can comment on the noise level at Carabelle. Does Infinity help to block off the expressway noise?

Yes the infiniti helps a lot. You can feel the difference. go to the pool area of the infiniti, it is noisier than the PC show at suntec city. Get out of the infiniti and walk along the trail separating the infiniti from carabelle, you can hear a pin drop.

dimspice
17-06-09, 10:34
Yes the infiniti helps a lot. You can feel the difference. go to the pool area of the infiniti, it is noisier than the PC show at suntec city. Get out of the infiniti and walk along the trail separating the infiniti from carabelle, you can hear a pin drop.

hi how do you get into Infiniti if we are not visiting anyone there? Do the guards allow us to go in? Was just wondering coz I passed by there and wanted to take a look but decided not to coz thought the guards won't let us through.

novel
17-06-09, 10:44
is the seller for real?? i just called up Sim Lian again for my floorplan and asked if it is true that some units have already TOP. The Sim Lian lady said cannot be.

or maybe this owner is on DPS scheme? no?

stalingrad
17-06-09, 10:48
hi how do you get into Infiniti if we are not visiting anyone there? Do the guards allow us to go in? Was just wondering coz I passed by there and wanted to take a look but decided not to coz thought the guards won't let us through.

Just tell the guard that you need to use the toilet, and they will direct you to one up the ramp behind the security post. the toilet is just next to the pool area.

the thing is you need to be casual and relaxed, and they will not suspect you are just there to "see see".

dimspice
17-06-09, 11:12
Just tell the guard that you need to use the toilet, and they will direct you to one up the ramp behind the security post. the toilet is just next to the pool area.

the thing is you need to be casual and relaxed, and they will not suspect you are just there to "see see".

ha ha ok thanks will try that if i do pass by there again.

jsh
17-06-09, 15:51

Only partially. Carabelle is still open to the expressway noise. Just look into Carabelle from the pedestrian bridge across the AYE & you will know what I mean. Even Botannia is not shielded completely from the noise for those units that faces the AYE although its further away. So you really need to go into the development & check out for yourself. Noise travels in all directions but the higher up you are the noise tends to be louder because much noise at lower levels is absorbed or reflected by trees , plants & other structures.

Jeff Soh
17-06-09, 17:01
Hi, does anyone has the info on the total number of carparks in Carabelle ? Many thanks

polkadots
17-06-09, 17:19
number of units 338, number of carpark lots 388, if i rem correctly

Hi, does anyone has the info on the total number of carparks in Carabelle ? Many thanks

novel
17-06-09, 17:35

Jeff,
you got more than 1 car? Thats why so concerned about the carparks? :p Usually for condo development will have at least 1 lot for each unit.

So how's your hse hunting so far?

Juz4max
17-06-09, 17:41

Hi polkadots,

Can PM me the Sim Lian's contact person and email, I also been trying to get a copy of the floorplan with dimension of my unit.

Thanks.

teddybear
17-06-09, 20:10
Luxury condos usually have about 1.5 lots per unit.

Jeff,
you got more than 1 car? Thats why so concerned about the carparks? :p Usually for condo development will have at least 1 lot for each unit.

So how's your hse hunting so far?

polkadots
17-06-09, 21:55
i just emailed to [email protected] ...... no reply yet. Will call up again tomorrow. the contact number is also available on Sim Lian's website.

Hi polkadots,

Can PM me the Sim Lian's contact person and email, I also been trying to get a copy of the floorplan with dimension of my unit.

Thanks.

proud owner
18-06-09, 02:37

why cant you be more direct ? and just say Carabelle is NOT Luxury condo ? thats why they only have 1 lot per unit

and so what if luxury condo has 1.5 lot ? 0.5 lot for motorcycle ? or bicycle ?

fact is ..alot of condos in good locations have more units being rented out ..and renters usually (esp expats) dont drive hence there appears to have more lots

polkadots
18-06-09, 07:35
http://www.asiaone.com/Business/My%2BMoney/Property/Story/A1Story20080908-86502.html

http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/buy-and-sell-private-apartment-condominium/1209183-latest-squeeze-in-parking-space-condos.html

Juz4max
18-06-09, 08:38
i just emailed to [email protected] ...... no reply yet. Will call up again tomorrow. the contact number is also available on Sim Lian's website.

Thanks, will drop them an email today.

teddybear
18-06-09, 09:07
Firstly, the number of car park lots is with respect to number of units, so it is 'not appear' but a fact.

Secondly, It doesn't matter whether the unit is rented out or not and whether the occupier owns a car or not. This should not be decided by the developer and they shouldn't be trying to squeeze out more money from the buyer by saving on car park lots. I would expect the condo estate to have at least average 1.2 car park lots to cater for units which own more than 1 car and also for visitors. The fact that mass market condos are meant for owner-stay and yet developers built car park lots less than number of units is bewildering (treating the buyers as carrot-heads?) as owners usually have cars (I can imagine the parking problems).

why cant you be more direct ? and just say Carabelle is NOT Luxury condo ? thats why they only have 1 lot per unit

and so what if luxury condo has 1.5 lot ? 0.5 lot for motorcycle ? or bicycle ?

fact is ..alot of condos in good locations have more units being rented out ..and renters usually (esp expats) dont drive hence there appears to have more lots

polkadots
18-06-09, 09:19
dunno why these info are not released in the marketing brochures. Not just for Carabelle, also in many condo launches i have been to.

I posted this question before buying and the agent had to get back to me over the phone later as he also did not have the info. Carabelle may not be a really luxury condo but I think the 50 extra lots is pretty comfortable, i am satisfied. That's about 15% more compared to the number of unit.

Firstly, the number of car park lots is with respect to number of units, so it is 'not appear' but a fact.

Secondly, It doesn't matter whether the unit is rented out or not and whether the occupier owns a car or not. This should not be decided by the developer and they shouldn't be trying to squeeze out more money from the buyer by saving on car park lots. I would expect the condo estate to have at least average 1.2 car park lots to cater for units which own more than 1 car and also for visitors. The fact that mass market condos are meant for owner-stay and yet developers built car park lots less than number of units is bewildering (treating the buyers as carrot-heads?) as owners usually have cars (I can imagine the parking problems).

Jeff Soh
18-06-09, 09:21
Novel,

Yes, we got more than one car out of necessity. I personally prefer to ride the MRT to desitination.
The other problem is that visitor will find it very inconvience if there are insufficient carparks. In today development 388 carparks out of 338 units is excellent.

Still hunting for a unit. Bank average valuation for Carabelle is around 700 - 730psf. Agent and seller are asking for ridiculous price. Most of them are not genuine sellers, just testing the market?

novel
18-06-09, 09:28
not genuine sellers, just testing markets? :doh: then waste of my time! :tongue3:

teddybear
18-06-09, 09:34
Especially those that quote you low price and ask for your physical cheque immediately saying that they need your cheque to try to convince seller to sell! Later you will find that you cheque got returned and seller ask for higher price because they have a higher cheque offer! Ha ha! (Waste of time!).

not genuine sellers, just testing markets? :doh: then waste of my time! :tongue3:

novel
18-06-09, 09:43
Especially those that quote you low price and ask for your physical cheque immediately saying that they need your cheque to try to convince seller to sell! Later you will find that you cheque got returned and seller ask for higher price because they have a higher cheque offer! Ha ha! (Waste of time!).

so far I did not encounter such cases...only encountered agents quoting sky high prices keep urging me to meet the prices "else the market will go up again blah blah"

teddybear
18-06-09, 09:52
There are many kind of agents lah. Some can't be bothered type saying they already have offer with cheque at sky high prices and won't entertain lower offer price, some quote low price type just to collect cheques to con more cheques at higher prices, some quote sky high price type and give all sort of reasons that the price is justified (even face West sun can also be said to be good because having some sunlight makes the house brighter and make you healthier! ha ha!). 1 type of rice rears hundreds of types of people! :ashamed1:

so far I did not encounter such cases...only encountered agents quoting sky high prices keep urging me to meet the prices "else the market will go up again blah blah"

novel
18-06-09, 10:31
ok, so does that mean if i see the ads asking for skyhigh prices I dun need to bother to call them? Alamak, how to identify genuine agents/sellers? :confused:

Jeff Soh
18-06-09, 10:55
Novel,
Look for an agent who could provided you with the current bank valuation on hand.:beats-me-man:

sosola
19-06-09, 12:21
Novel,

Yes, we got more than one car out of necessity. I personally prefer to ride the MRT to desitination.
The other problem is that visitor will find it very inconvience if there are insufficient carparks. In today development 388 carparks out of 338 units is excellent.

Still hunting for a unit. Bank average valuation for Carabelle is around 700 - 730psf. Agent and seller are asking for ridiculous price. Most of them are not genuine sellers, just testing the market?

any luck so far in hunting for your units in carabelle?
i am too looking for a 2bedrooms unit(947sqft/980sqft)...which type of units you are looking @?

PropertiesHunter
19-06-09, 15:51
There is Bank Val can match 745psf for Carabelle 3bdr,Botannia is 760psf to 780psf , depend there is willing seller/buyer there.

Jeff Soh
19-06-09, 16:22
Just got the option for a 3 rooms @730psf on the high floor.
There is one unit 3 + 1 study (1302 sq ft) landed facing asking 760psf negoitable.

JohnTan
19-06-09, 16:29
There is one unit 3 + 1 study (1302 sq ft) landed facing asking 760psf negoitable.

Congrats, which stack did you get, any west sun?

stalingrad
19-06-09, 16:47

I think that 730psf for a high-floor unit is quite reasonable. you should take it. hope the owner doesn't change his mind. but it you sign the option and make the payment, he cannot back out, can he?

novel
19-06-09, 16:52

Congrats Jeff!! You become an owner in Carabelle! :cheers4: But spoiler leh you, now the transacted caveat will show 730psf! :tongue3:

But as long as you are happy no problem ya! Happy collecting keys soon.:p

novel
19-06-09, 16:53
Congrats, which stack did you get, any west sun?

John, carabelle got west sun?

stalingrad
19-06-09, 16:58
Congrats Jeff!! You become an owner in Carabelle! :cheers4: But spoiler leh you, now the transacted caveat will show 730psf! :tongue3:

But as long as you are happy no problem ya! Happy collecting keys soon.:p

I saw some 3 bedders at carabele for sale at 921 psf. compared with those units, jeff's seller is very reasonable.

Novel, you should just bite the bullet and pay the market price. who knows, it may get higher.

novel
19-06-09, 17:00
stalin,

no i rather stay somewhere else!! :tongue3:

Jeff Soh
19-06-09, 17:18
Stack 11, was told there will be slight west sun late afternoon, mostly block by Botannia.
Personally checked it out @1.30pm, no west sun at all, will have to wait till TOP for final confirmation.

I believed if you are not in the hurry to buy, pricing might see 700psf after TOP. It a gamble to take !

Wish you luck, Novel:)

stalingrad
19-06-09, 17:35
Stack 11, was told there will be slight west sun late afternoon, mostly block by Botannia.
Personally checked it out @1.30pm, no west sun at all, will have to wait till TOP for final confirmation.

I believed if you are not in the hurry to buy, pricing might see 700psf after TOP. It a gamble to take !

what a happy go luck type!! that is the spirit. hope you have no kids that will take part in PI registration this year. I am beginning to worried about my oldest son. Can he get into Nanhua or not?

jitkiat
19-06-09, 17:57

Totally no sunlight also bad. Get some sunlight into your bathrooms is a must.

stalingrad
19-06-09, 17:58
stalin,

no i rather stay somewhere else!! :tongue3:
Novel:

it is good to be risk averse and not wanting to make a decision during this economic uncertainty. But in my view, there is not much risk buying in this area, for several reasons:

(1) this is a nice area with only landed properties.
(2) close to the lake business district that the government is developing
(3) close to many good schools, from primary to universities.
(4) light traffic and easy to go places, unlike east coast areas, which are plagued by traffic jams.
(5) good air quality, except for those real close to AYE.

Perhaps for these reasons, prices actually never dipped even after the bankruptcy of lehman brothers, while condos in other areas dropped 20 even 30%. We paid $600psf, but that is before the government announced the plans for the lake business district. so that price is not a good benchmark for you to focus on.

stalingrad
19-06-09, 18:02

true, we have several bathrooms. those without sunlight get mouldy, and those that have sunlight are cleaner.

it is also good to have some sunlight into other rooms, to kill bacteria and viruses. Also, you often notice that rooms with no sunlight smell funny after a while.

jitkiat
19-06-09, 18:06
true, we have several bathrooms. those without sunlight get mouldy, and those that have sunlight are cleaner.

it is also good to have some sunlight into other rooms, to kill bacteria and viruses. Also, you often notice that rooms with no sunlight smell funny after a while.

Yes, avoid a stack with totally no sunlight. I studied Chinese Medicine as part-time hobby. SG weather is hot and wet. If a person's body constituation is hot and wet, it will be bad staying in Singapore in general. If a person's body constituion is cold and wet, it is important to get sunlight.

novel
19-06-09, 18:06
stalingrad,

no I did not use your purchase price as the benchmark, it is not realistic of me to ask for such price from the sellers. :ashamed1: But I guess I can afford to look elsewhere in west so its not a die die situation for me to get a unit in Carabelle. Thou I like the location because it is very near my parent's place. Well..not fated lor. *sigh*

Anyway, I hope our the other forummer, Jozz can get his unit in Carabelle sooon too!! :)

So excited for you guys! Going to shift in the new place :D

novel
19-06-09, 18:07

jitkiat, if I dunno you are a man hor...I will assume you are an auntie from this statement haha.... sounds soooo like my mum! :D

novel
19-06-09, 18:11

By the way, why Jeff suspected after TOP can try this pricing? What is the logic? Anyone advise please.

millan
19-06-09, 21:51
By the way, why Jeff suspected after TOP can try this pricing? What is the logic? Anyone advise please.

Might be some bought at high px initially and now can't afford to pay full, so must sell low?

Jeff Soh
20-06-09, 09:35
Novel,
Some sellers do not have the holding power. Agent will not play ball with the sellers any furthur when nearing the three months contract period and will recommend them to sell at lower price since there is no taker.
Most agents will promised the sellers they could market the property at a high price to secure the transection.

Stan,
No worry, my grandson is in Rulang that the reason we wanted Carabelle

novel
20-06-09, 11:09
Jeff, thanks for the info. :) Wow! Grandson!!!! You are sooo fortunate! My boy just 3YO.....:ashamed1:

apple3
21-06-09, 03:14
Novel,
Some sellers do not have the holding power. Agent will not play ball with the sellers any furthur when nearing the three months contract period and will recommend them to sell at lower price since there is no taker.
Most agents will promised the sellers they could market the property at a high price to secure the transection.

Stan,
No worry, my grandson is in Rulang that the reason we wanted Carabelle

Ok. This really make me envy. My grand-daughter just 3 weeks old. I need another 6 more years before I could discuss P1 registration with Stalin and Novel. hahahahha...

Jeff Soh
22-06-09, 10:19
I read with amusement that FCL sold 8@Woodleigh @ average of 770psf and they were near sell out at the soft lunch. Buyer is either very rich or "brave" to commit at that level of pricing for 99 years lease hold property and not to mention the heavy traffic problem in that area ???? :doh:

boeing777
22-06-09, 10:45
I read with amusement that FCL sold 8@Woodleigh @ average of 770psf and they were near sell out at the soft lunch. Buyer is either very rich or "brave" to commit at that level of pricing for 99 years lease hold property and not to mention the heavy traffic problem in that area ???? :doh:

Its the fear of losing out now that prices are moving upwards. Developers also has been increasing their prices. with such prices, buyers of Carabelle, inifiniti and Botannia can rest easy since the prices paid are relatively low compared to what others are selling

polkadots
22-06-09, 11:08
haha.......ppl do funny things out of peer pressure....a loan approving officer friend of mine told me sometime ago that a good proportional of ppl are really living on the edge, buying bigger and more expensive homes than they really can comfortably afford...even HDBs.

Just recently, I saw sad cases. Market dived, jobs become insecure and things turn ugly for a friend and a relative......have to come up with contributions for kids milk powder (trust me, it is really difficult to bear to have kids go hungry).

anyway, I concur with Boeing that these are good news for ppl who bought their properties at the low......

Its the fear of losing out now that prices are moving upwards. Developers also has been increasing their prices. with such prices, buyers of Carabelle, inifiniti and Botannia can rest easy since the prices paid are relatively low compared to what others are selling

stalingrad
22-06-09, 11:21
haha.......ppl do funny things out of peer pressure....a loan approving officer friend of mine told me sometime ago that a good proportional of ppl are really living on the edge, buying bigger and more expensive homes than they really can comfortably afford...even HDBs.

Just recently, I saw sad cases. Market dived, jobs become insecure and things turn ugly for a friend and a relative......have to come up with contributions for kids milk powder (trust me, it is really difficult to bear to have kids go hungry).

anyway, I concur with Boeing that these are good news for ppl who bought their properties at the low......

I agree that one of the biggest factors for the housing boom in singapore is that there are a lot of compulsive gamblers out there. these people must buy to get their daily rush of adrenaline. You want to meet them? just go to any showflat open today. hopefully, these compulsive gamblers will redirect their attention to the IRs when they open.

jozz91
22-06-09, 11:25
May I know what do you guys think of holding the purchase for the time being?
My thoughts are :
H1N1 which is spreading like wild fire, will it turn into another SARS?
Weak rental market. While the property market is hot, rental remains weak. For owners who may have holding power, will they be able to rent out at their desired price? Hold on to a non-profitable property?
Hot property market will cool off eventually unless there is a huge twist to the recession.
There are about 30 developments that will TOP this year, about 6000 units will be ready for stay. Developers are still launching new developments. Not forgetting the resale market, buyers are spoilt for choices. Demand < supply?
North Korea, add salt to the wounded economy?:gun3:Sorry, if my points are optimistic/pessimistic, favor the buyers.

I was a seller few weeks ago, asking price was reasonable.
House was sold within a few days.
1. Buyer likes the house and price.
2. Me, seller makes profit.
3. Agent collects commission.
Win-win situation for all :cheers4:

so dun understand why some sellers, agents are asking for ridiculous prices? :beats-me-man:

Novel, thanks for your well wishes, your pm inbox was full last week :)

Cheers everyone, have a great week ahead! :cool-punk-headbange

JohnTan
22-06-09, 11:41

For your info I track most of the major condo in the west and their psfs.

I dun see any logic in why TOP price will fall to 700psf. Everyday the number of desperate sellers decrease as units get bought up, what is left in the market are those looking to breakeven if not will not sell. Some other high price are even looking to profit.

I for one was a firm believer that prices are too high, prices now are not value for money and that things should get worse due to falling rents.

But I have come to respect the market. The market is telling me that there are a lot of buyers, that they can and will commit at todays prices, that they they should be able to handle their morgages despite falling rents and that they see the current prices as good value.

I know a lot of friends looking to buy but say economy is bad, this is not sustainable and prices will come down. I tell them, repect the market. If you are looking at a certain psf, you have to consider where are you in the PSF queue. If there are many people ahead of you willing to pay a little more, the units will get taken up before it hits your desired psf.

I dun think buyers today are so stupid to commit such large sums without considering the implications.News paper and anlysts reports are always too slow to be of much use. For all you know these smart owners see something that has not been reported yet.

Caveat Emptor. This is not an inducment to buy.:2cents:

JohnTan
22-06-09, 12:01
[quote=jozz91]May I know what do you guys think of holding the purchase for the time being?
My thoughts are :

H1N1 which is spreading like wild fire, will it turn into another SARS?IT IS ALREADY WORSE THAN SARS but Mr Market says no problem cos fatality is low.

Weak rental market. While the property market is hot, rental remains weak. For owners who may have holding power, will they be able to rent out at their desired price? Hold on to a non-profitable property?Mixed view, my take is that it will not turn out as bad as expected

Hot property market will cool off eventually unless there is a huge twist to the recession.At this stage we should be witnessing the full effects of the recession. Please tell me what do you see. If you look back at what has happened in the past 9 months and consider that to be the worst, what are the chances of it getting better as compared to getting worser.

There are about 30 developments that will TOP this year, about 6000 units will be ready for stay. Developers are still launching new developments. Not forgetting the resale market, buyers are spoilt for choices. Demand < supply?

Mixed view, will wait and see effect, but Mr Market is hinting that it will not be a big issue.

North Korea, add salt to the wounded economy?:gun3:No relation to SG real estate unless they aim at singapore and a missle lands here.

Sorry, if my points are optimistic/pessimistic, favor the buyers.

I was a seller few weeks ago, asking price was reasonable.
House was sold within a few days.
1. Buyer likes the house and price.
2. Me, seller makes profit.
3. Agent collects commission.
Win-win situation for all :cheers4:
In a bear market there will be fewer buyers and they take longer to commit. You have sold your house in a few days, witnessing first hand the current property market sentiments. Need anybody advise you.

so dun understand why some sellers, agents are asking for ridiculous prices? :beats-me-man:

Novel, thanks for your well wishes, your pm inbox was full last week :)

Cheers everyone, have a great week ahead! :cool-punk-headbange

jozz91
22-06-09, 13:22
John,

in short, seems like you are telling me "MTL" haha.
Thank you for your reply :)

boeing777
22-06-09, 14:47
John,

My view is North Korea is a non-event. They are not like Iraq, they have no regional ambition. All the North Koreans wants is to remain in power and enjoy their luxury life with power, caviar, red wine, wagyu beef. The nuclear threat is more of a bargaining chip for more luxury stuff and aid rather than anything.

JohnTan
22-06-09, 15:10
John,

Let me paint you a few scenarios.

A) Market falls due to unforseen event. How much will it fall and are you comfotable with it.

B) Market maintain at this level for the next 6 months. Does not affect you cos price now and then the same.

C) Market moves up in 6 months, can u afford to buy then?

D) Market moves up and then comes down to current level. Does not affect you cos price now and then the same.

E) Market moves up and then comes down lower than current level. Will you buy then?

You assess the probability of the above 5 scenarios and then see what u are comfortable with.

I can accept the price to go down 10% after i buy but I cannot accept the price to go up 10% before I buy. So i will act on what i can accept

Nevertheless I have to admit that the market now is crazy and pricey and buyers should be wary:2cents:

jozz91
22-06-09, 15:50
nicely painted, John
and thanks for your view on NKorea, Boeing :)

Owners who are trying to sell 2 or 2+1 in carabelle, botannia, infiniti, please email your not-too-crazy price to [email protected]. Thank you.

novel
22-06-09, 18:08
I went to 8@Woodleigh just now, they told me 4 bedder sold out, left 2 bedders + some singgle/dual keys. Frankly speaking, I really dunno why this 99 leasehold is sooo popular but the agent keep emphasizing it is near city due to MRT and near schools yet is secluded.

But from what I see the development is just so so only, infact Kovan Residence is so much better than this. I think I agree with some ppl here... our fellow singaporeans all turned into gamblers? or too kiasu without thinking deep? I mean even got alot of liquidity also dun do this sort of stupid decision mah! :doh:

novel
22-06-09, 18:13
jozz91,
you still searching for a unit? I thought over the weekend you will get one like Jeff.

Over the weekend especially with the launch of new condo, the asking prices increases tremendously, really freak me out. :scared-5: I think I will stay low profile for the time being... when situation not so chaotic/crazy then I begin my hse hunting again. :p

cheerful
22-06-09, 18:14
Hmm ... is there some international school nearby or coming up? Yah, I still wonder .... amazing hor ..

I went to 8@Woodleigh just now, they told me 4 bedder sold out, left 2 bedders + some singgle/dual keys. Frankly speaking, I really dunno why this 99 leasehold is sooo popular but the agent keep emphasizing it is near city due to MRT and near schools yet is secluded.

novel
22-06-09, 18:21
yah they said this Stamford UK Int'l School will be shifting nearby by end of Sept from Lorong Chuan... and the St. Andrew's Village + Cedar + Maria Stellar. All quite popular schools lah.

polkadots
22-06-09, 19:14
Is Maria Stellar a school you send Filipino maids to? :p

yah they said this Stamford UK Int'l School will be shifting nearby by end of Sept from Lorong Chuan... and the St. Andrew's Village + Cedar + Maria Stellar. All quite popular schools lah.

novel
22-06-09, 20:22
Is Maria Stellar a school you send Filipino maids to? :p

aiya I guess i spell wrongly? :ashamed1: anybody know that school?

novel
22-06-09, 20:26
if there is a buyer for this hor.... :scared-1: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/422789/for-sale-carabelle then I think Singapore got alot of suckers! :cool:

This seller is clearly not motivated right? Just trying his luck for a idiot right?

Jeff Soh
22-06-09, 20:43
Novel,

I believed it should be $998,000, the agent got carried away !!!!!:sleep:

novel
22-06-09, 20:46
Novel,

I believed it should be $998,000, the agent got carried away !!!!!:sleep:

haha..Jeff, no lah I think the agent buy from the seller cheap and want to flip at the price himself. :p If it is really meant to be $998,000 I buy immediately! :D

cheerful
22-06-09, 21:43
aiya I guess i spell wrongly? :ashamed1: anybody know that school?

yaya.... you got it wrong....some info on MARIS STELLA HIGH......

Maris Stella High School (Mandarin: 新加坡海星中学, abbreviation: MSHS) is an autonomous, SAP (http://forums.condosingapore.com/wiki/Special_Assistance_Plan), Government-aided, all-boys (http://forums.condosingapore.com/wiki/Single-***_education) Catholic (http://forums.condosingapore.com/wiki/Catholic_school) secondary (http://forums.condosingapore.com/wiki/Secondary_education) and primary (http://forums.condosingapore.com/wiki/Primary_education) school run by the Marist Brothers (http://forums.condosingapore.com/wiki/Marist_Brothers) at Mount Vernon Road (http://forums.condosingapore.com/wiki/Mount_Vernon_Road) in Singapore (http://forums.condosingapore.com/wiki/Singapore). It has been headed by the current principal, Bro. Anthony Tan, since 1984. It was placed in Band 4 in the 2008 School Achievement Table for Special/Express Course[1] (http://forums.condosingapore.com/#cite_note-0) compiled by the Ministry of Education and, on that basis, is considered to be one of the better schools for education in Singapore (http://forums.condosingapore.com/wiki/Education_in_Singapore).

Douk
22-06-09, 23:56
One more scenario..

Buy now and market falls 30%. When the next peak comes (maybe 10 yrs later), it still bearly reach your purchase price. How comfortable are you with it ?

in my opinion, these are common tactics that agent used to lure buyers.

Just ask yourself this question..

Why do you need to buyout developers ? and get yourselve stuck at current price ?

:2cents:

Let me paint you a few scenarios.

A) Market falls due to unforseen event. How much will it fall and are you comfotable with it.

B) Market maintain at this level for the next 6 months. Does not affect you cos price now and then the same.

C) Market moves up in 6 months, can u afford to buy then?

D) Market moves up and then comes down to current level. Does not affect you cos price now and then the same.

E) Market moves up and then comes down lower than current level. Will you buy then?

You assess the probability of the above 5 scenarios and then see what u are comfortable with.

I can accept the price to go down 10% after i buy but I cannot accept the price to go up 10% before I buy. So i will act on what i can accept

Nevertheless I have to admit that the market now is crazy and pricey and buyers should be wary:2cents:

Jeff Soh
23-06-09, 08:53
I dun see any logic in why TOP price will fall to 700psf. Everyday the number of desperate sellers decrease as units get bought up, what is left in the market are those looking to breakeven if not will not sell. Some other high price are even looking to profit.
Unquote

Same theory,buyer willing to buy at today price had brought their unit. So left those waiting for the price to drop around 700psf. Like I have said, it's a gamble to take for buyer and seller.:)

cheerful
23-06-09, 09:41
Those scenarios were not without its use ... but a potential buyer will probably ask alot more questions before coming to the stage of playing with the scenarios.

Comparison of locations should be made, budgets & other considerations ... buyout developers will happen when people become not so objective in their analysis, not focused on their objectives, @ appearing to be not so rational :(

One more scenario..

Buy now and market falls 30%. When the next peak comes (maybe 10 yrs later), it still bearly reach your purchase price. How comfortable are you with it ?

in my opinion, these are common tactics that agent used to lure buyers.

Just ask yourself this question..

Why do you need to buyout developers ? and get yourselve stuck at current price ?

:2cents:

stalingrad
23-06-09, 10:00
if there is a buyer for this hor.... :scared-1: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/422789/for-sale-carabelle then I think Singapore got alot of suckers! :cool:

This seller is clearly not motivated right? Just trying his luck for a idiot right?

wow, 1400 plus per square foot, that guy is a clown indeed. who is going to buy his unit. is it a typo? if the intended price is 998,000, the psf price would be 713, which would be too low in today's market.

thus, it is a mystery to me what actually happened in this case. My wife said sell if we can get this price. I said, haha, the chance of getting this price is virtually zero.

polkadots
23-06-09, 10:31
haha...din know low floor is a special feature......

novel
23-06-09, 10:49
haha...din know low floor is a special feature......

yah, forget to indicate he still dare to type "low floor" and deserve this type of price? Initially I thot he is selling PH.

sgconjl
23-06-09, 23:52
We are looking for a 2br in paris panjang road, prefer to carabella, montary park, etc.. FH condo, if u have, pls reply , thanks

kavlar
25-06-09, 14:04
Any owners here looking to sell their 2+study in carabelle? Prefer low floor pool facing or high floor landed facing. budget....market price.

Also will consider botannia, infiniti, please PM me.

Jeff Soh
27-06-09, 10:05
Hi People,

Anyone has info on Carabelle TOP ?
Many thanks

R99C
27-06-09, 16:39
Anyone knows what's the ceiling height? The full cabinets look very good from outside.

polkadots
27-06-09, 16:44
pretty good height......3.1m was what I was told by the agent.....

Anyone knows what's the ceiling height? The full cabinets look very good from outside.

polkadots
27-06-09, 16:45
no news yet......checked with BCA yesterday....TOP appln not approved yet.....Botannia already received their TOP approval, on the other hand....

Hi People,

Anyone has info on Carabelle TOP ?
Many thanks

polkadots
27-06-09, 18:13
I may be wrong but I think Carabelle may get the TOP status very soon. It is only like a couple of days between the last 2 BCA processes for Botannia.

Botannia (http://www.bca.gov.sg/plan_enquiry/ShowCD.asp?PROJ_REF_NO=A1259-00404-2004-BP01)

Carabelle (http://www.bca.gov.sg/plan_enquiry/ShowCD.asp?PROJ_REF_NO=A1409-00001-2006-BP01)

no news yet......checked with BCA yesterday....TOP appln not approved yet.....Botannia already received their TOP approval, on the other hand....

kavlar
28-06-09, 16:15
Any owners here looking to sell their 2+study in carabelle? Prefer low floor pool facing or high floor landed facing. budget....market price.

Also will consider botannia, infiniti, please PM me.

Also looking for 3RM at Carabelle, preferably the smaller ones like 1130sqft.

novel
28-06-09, 16:34
kavlar, go property guru there are plenty of sales for carabelle.

novel
29-06-09, 17:38
ok guys, I need some help... I think I already abit haywired....can advise me in your own opinion what is the reasonable price for Carabelle currently?

below 700psf? dreaming hor :p
700~730psf?
731~750psf
751~780psf
780~800psf
above 801psf? Definitely not buying! :tongue3:

I want to understand better so I will not be harping over some unrealistic budgeted psf... of course I used to budget 660psf early this year but I suspect it will not happen even if economy is not recovering... :ashamed1:

Jeff Soh
29-06-09, 17:49
700~730psf?
731~750psf
751~780psf
780~800psf

Novel,
Try for 731 - 750psf range

novel
29-06-09, 17:50
by the way, I saw CDL putting up the sign near the old HLG plot so I think they will launch soon?

BUT looking at 8@Woodleigh overwhelming response, I really suspect the launch price for this plot will be above 750psf since it is freehold/999 years right?

novel
29-06-09, 17:51
700~730psf?
731~750psf
751~780psf
780~800psf

Novel,
Try for 731 - 750psf range

high floor face pool.... I offer 730psf rejected

stalingrad
29-06-09, 21:04
novel, you are rich, able to pay 730 psf, hor?

novel
29-06-09, 21:10
novel, you are rich, able to pay 730 psf, hor?

honestly, not worth isit? :(

Allthepies
29-06-09, 21:34

don't chase the price, if the seller reject, moved on, there r so so many condos in singapore =)

Jeff Soh
29-06-09, 21:34
I was told a unit of 3 rms Type B4 pool facing was sold at 820 psf last week. Personally I will not go for pool facing unit, you paid more for it and has no privacy ! You are separated from your neighbour by the width of the pool only. I am staying in one now and I don't likes it at all:(

stalingrad
29-06-09, 21:42

No, I didn't mean that it is not worth it. It is probably a fair price if the seller accepts it.

I wouldn't be able to pay 730psf, being such a poor person.

stalingrad
29-06-09, 21:44
I was told a unit of 3 rms Type B4 pool facing was sold at 820 psf last week. Personally I will not go for pool facing unit, you paid more for it and has no privacy ! You are separated from your neighbour by the width of the pool only. I am staying in one now and I don't likes it at all:(

yes, the unit you bought faces the roofs of landed properties. that I bet suits you just fine.

novel
29-06-09, 21:49
No, I didn't mean that it is not worth it. It is probably a fair price if the seller accepts it.

I wouldn't be able to pay 730psf, being such a poor person.

you cannot pay? cut the crap! :P

no he dun accept 730psf.... he is asking more *sigh* Anyway, seems like quite afew of you dun encourage it is a wise choice afterall...

novel
29-06-09, 21:50
yes, the unit you bought faces the roofs of landed properties. that I bet suits you just fine.

you "suaning" him huh? :p

hey so when Carabelle TOP? Botannia already TOP.

novel
29-06-09, 21:51

if high floor why no privacy?

Jeff Soh
29-06-09, 22:09
Novel,

With full length glass window, the opposite neighbour looked right into your hall and rooms unless you draw the blind/curtain down.

polkadots
29-06-09, 23:48
Technically Botannia has already TOPped because BCA has approved the TOP application, however, my in laws who bought a unit there have not yet receive the letter.

I wonder why the Botannia thread is so dead upon this news.... :confused:

spn25
30-06-09, 00:05
We are seriously looking to invest a 3 bedder at 730-750 psf.

any owner pls message me.

Thank you.

JohnTan
30-06-09, 10:53
We are seriously looking to invest a 3 bedder at 730-750 psf.

any owner pls message me.

Thank you.

look for agent marketing unit 4-17 pool facing. i think name is eileen

at the upper end of your price range.

agent tried pushing the unit to me last week saying got offer at xxx price can sell to me if i match. I said no go.

stalingrad
30-06-09, 11:20

No, did not tease him. His unit is probably one of the quietest one, with nothing nearby except the jogging track. I may be the only one disturbing him, since I run every day.

by the way, nothing wrong facing the pool at carabelle. Carabelle is so large that units facing the pool are at least 30 meters from the opposite blocks.

jozz91
30-06-09, 12:00
No, did not tease him. His unit is probably one of the quietest one, with nothing nearby except the jogging track. I may be the only one disturbing him, since I run every day.

by the way, nothing wrong facing the pool at carabelle. Carabelle is so large that units facing the pool are at least 30 meters from the opposite blocks.
Do you think the mid and high floor units that face the landed properties have sea view?

Is 2nd floor ok? Other than being disturbed by stalingrad :P
Look directly into the landed houses.

polkadots
30-06-09, 12:09
Facing landed properties all s-w facing....higher floors may get a little sea view.....but judging from the distance, it may not be worth staring........2nd floor you will see nice orangy-red roof tiles.....but you get to waterbomb Stalin with good accuracy......

Do you think the mid and high floor units that face the landed properties have sea view?

Is 2nd floor ok? Other than being disturbed by stalingrad :P
Look directly into the landed houses.

novel
30-06-09, 12:18
polkadots,

may I know face pool is what direction? SW too?

novel
30-06-09, 12:19
Facing landed properties all s-w facing....higher floors may get a little sea view.....but judging from the distance, it may not be worth staring........2nd floor you will see nice orangy-red roof tiles.....but you get to waterbomb Stalin with good accuracy......

wow that will be so fun!! jozz, invite me to your hse when you do that! :D

polkadots
30-06-09, 12:27
Carabelle units are all slight north-east or slight south-west facing.....

for pool facing units: blk 51,53,55 are all s-w facing. blk 57,59,61,63,65 are all n-e facing....

polkadots,

may I know face pool is what direction? SW too?

stalingrad
30-06-09, 12:36

I will remember to wear a helmet when I approach block 11.

stalingrad
30-06-09, 12:38
the site plan of carabelle

polkadots
30-06-09, 12:43
stacks 1,3,4,6,7,8,11,15,19,22,23,26 are all beside the track.... some friendly advice for you.......keep you helmet on.....

I will remember to wear a helmet when I approach block 11.

stalingrad
30-06-09, 12:48

correction: blocks facing each other across the lap pool are about 50-60 meters apart. safe from prying eyes except for those that use binoculars.

about wearing helmet, I will try to run before the sunrise when no one is around to throw water balloons at me.

jonleelk
30-06-09, 13:45
Carabelle units are all slight north-east or slight south-west facing.....

for pool facing units: blk 51,53,55 are all s-w facing. blk 57,59,61,63,65 are all n-e facing....

if it matters to anyone...NE and SW facing are considered as good facing in fengshui. ;)

jozz91
30-06-09, 14:07

Slight correction... 2nd floor units that are facing the landed property are actually same level as the landed houses... (if you have been to the actual site).
So 2nd floor cant even see the orangy red roof tiles :ashamed1:

I wonder if i can put "waterbomb Stalin with good accuracy" as a special feature when i wana sell my unit in future haha

sure.. only if you become our NEIGHBOURS :tongue3:

polkadots
30-06-09, 14:14
yah....heard so......until 2023 or something? Should sell after that? :beats-me-man:

if it matters to anyone...NE and SW facing are considered as good facing in fengshui. ;)

stalingrad
30-06-09, 14:19
Slight correction... 2nd floor units that are facing the landed property are actually same level as the landed houses... (if you have been to the actual site).
So 2nd floor cant even see the orangy red roof tiles :ashamed1:

I wonder if i can put "waterbomb Stalin with good accuracy" as a special feature when i wana sell my unit in future haha

Joss, how much did you pay for your unit? Tell me the truth and I will let you drop water balloons on me.

novel
30-06-09, 15:10

so unfriendly...

jozz, you will own stay for at least more than 5 years, I am sure the price will increase more than your buying price.

seriously, my cousin stay in low floor of a Exe Condo but also did not have problem selling at a good profit (about 100K!) recently.

Enjoy Carabelle irregardless you are low or high floor :)

BTW, no need to let stalingrad know your buying price, you can also waterbomb him, easy target! :D

jozz91
30-06-09, 15:48
so unfriendly...

jozz, you will own stay for at least more than 5 years, I am sure the price will increase more than your buying price.

seriously, my cousin stay in low floor of a Exe Condo but also did not have problem selling at a good profit (about 100K!) recently.

Enjoy Carabelle irregardless you are low or high floor :)

BTW, no need to let stalingrad know your buying price, you can also waterbomb him, easy target! :D
cant u tell how much i want you to be our neighbours hahahaha :D

my actual motive for buying a 2nd level unit is to check if my family is ready for landed houses hahahaha *dreaming*

thanks for the example, feel so good now. appreciate it.

after hearing his purchase price, I will bomb him with my son's soiled diapers!!! :simmering:

novel
30-06-09, 17:11
ya now you know why polkadots suggested to waterbomb him haha..

wow soiled diaper is better! I also got alot...this idea really motivate me to buy Carabelle. :D

Jeff Soh
30-06-09, 17:56
Stanlin,

Let me know your jogging schedule, I will host you down :scared-2:

proud owner
01-07-09, 02:04
Stanlin,

Let me know your jogging schedule, I will host you down :scared-2:

ahhha

honestly , other than aunties ... i havent seen any guys jog within the estate ... most guys would prefer to run outside ... its instintc ...the moment men are let loose ...they wander free ...

Jeff Soh
01-07-09, 09:38
quote=proud owner]ahhhahonestly , other than aunties ... i havent seen any guys jog within the estate ... most guys would prefer to run outside ... its instintc ...the moment men are let loose ...they wander free ...[/quote[quote]

Right on, totally agreed. Aunties sound too old, "jia jia" will be more appropriate.

polkadots
01-07-09, 15:06
Latest Carabelle TOP news from BCA!

http://www.bca.gov.sg/plan_enquiry/ShowCD.asp?PROJ_REF_NO=A1409-00001-2006-BP01

stalingrad
01-07-09, 15:11

Great, looking forwarded to being hosed down when passing block 11. Haha, just kidding. I normally run 5 kilo in the morning. I would probably run around pandan reservoir after I move in.

Novel, just bite the bullet and buy one. and jozz and I will invite you to our house-warming parties.

stalingrad
01-07-09, 15:14
it took 3 days for botannia's TOP application to be approved. hope the same happens with carabelle.

jozz91
01-07-09, 15:19
Great, looking forwarded to being hosed down when passing block 11. Haha, just kidding. I normally run 5 kilo in the morning. I would probably run around pandan reservoir after I move in.

Novel, just bite the bullet and buy one. and jozz and I will invite you to our house-warming parties.
1 round of Pandan reservoir is abt 7km.
Was forced to run regularly by my coach when i was in my teens.
That was nitemare to me, cant believe you wana do that every morning :banghead:

Hope the owners are more desperate now, TOP! good luck Novel.

stalingrad
01-07-09, 15:27
wow, 7 kilo? then, I will probably have to turn back at the 2.5 kilo point. 7 kilo would kill me. 5 kilo every day is hard enough.

jozz91
01-07-09, 15:40
wow, 7 kilo? then, I will probably have to turn back at the 2.5 kilo point. 7 kilo would kill me. 5 kilo every day is hard enough.

If you run every day, I am sure you will be able to complete the whole round in no time ;)

novel
01-07-09, 16:53

processing only right?

Anyway, Botannia TOP but the owners still did not receive TOP letters wor?!

According to my fren, TOP the price will not drop too because buyers can go in feel feel touch touch see see :(

novel
01-07-09, 16:55

chey! if I really move in, I also have my hse warming parties :tongue3:

missysz
01-07-09, 17:04
hi..
does the unit c/w an oven that can bake cakes/cookies? :)

stalingrad
01-07-09, 17:05
processing only right?

Anyway, Botannia TOP but the owners still did not receive TOP letters wor?!

According to my fren, TOP the price will not drop too because buyers can go in feel feel touch touch see see :(

it depends, if owners like what they see and touch, prices will go up. If they hate it, prices will go down. that is why, most FEO projects see prices go down after TOP.

jonleelk
01-07-09, 17:32
1 round of Pandan reservoir is abt 7km.
Was forced to run regularly by my coach when i was in my teens.
That was nitemare to me, cant believe you wana do that every morning :banghead:

Hope the owners are more desperate now, TOP! good luck Novel.

jozz...u studied in RVHS?

novel
01-07-09, 18:14
it depends, if owners like what they see and touch, prices will go up. If they hate it, prices will go down. that is why, most FEO projects see prices go down after TOP.

so tell me, you think Sim Lian projects normally ok or not ok? SO I know agar agar the TOP price will drop or increase. :cool:

novel
01-07-09, 18:16
hi..

err....is this an important factor to consider Carabelle?:confused:

polkadots
01-07-09, 22:31
Well, I remember seeing an oven in the show room. Looked up the marketing brochure and it only mentioned microwave oven. I guess there is only one way to find out.......buy a unit!

hi..

polkadots
02-07-09, 10:41
hmm...anyone knows what a "suspended" status for the TOP appln mean?

novel
02-07-09, 11:44
fail to pass? :eek:

jozz91
02-07-09, 11:58
jozz...u studied in RVHS?
I did consider RV after PSLE but went to another SAP school instead.
U are from RV?

Is it still called SAP schools nowadays?
Think i need to visit Kiasuparents haha :ashamed1:

"Suspended" doesnt look good :scared-5: ,
hope everything turns out well...

stalingrad
02-07-09, 12:18
Don't worry about it. I am sure that every TOP application is reviewed and vetted carefully over a few days before it is granted. I am sure the suspension will be lifted in no time at all and TOP granted in a few days.

You guys are just too kiasu. I don't think TOP is tracked so closely for other condos.

SAP is good and bad. If you go to one of those, you can not opt out of higher chinese. NHPS is one of those. My son speaks mostly english, but he knows a lot of swear words in chinese. I hope NH teachers will put up with him rather than beat him with a stick. haha. I hope we don't get in in phase 2C. that would force us to apply for Qifa, which is a non-SAP school.

R99C
02-07-09, 19:37
You guys are just too kiasu. I don't think TOP is tracked so closely for other condos.

i agree. But hope there isnt any major defect serious enough to make them suspend the TOP application.

jonleelk
02-07-09, 21:05
I did consider RV after PSLE but went to another SAP school instead.
U are from RV?

Is it still called SAP schools nowadays?
Think i need to visit Kiasuparents haha :ashamed1:

As u mentioned ur coach force u to run pandan reservoir frequently, I thought u were from RVHS which was just across the reservoir.

I was from RVHS, while it was still at River Valley.

jozz91
03-07-09, 12:01
I hope we don't get in in phase 2C. that would force us to apply for Qifa, which is a non-SAP school.
Stalin, do not waste other parents' precious chances, please go straight for Qifa :simmering:

As u mentioned ur coach force u to run pandan reservoir frequently, I thought u were from RVHS which was just across the reservoir.
I was from RVHS, while it was still at River Valley.
I used to play for a club nearby.
Are you trying to tell us your age here? haha :tongue3:

May I know if any owner has floor plan with dimensions of 2 bedroom (883sqft) unit or 2+1 bedroom (947sqft) unit?
Please send to [email protected]

Tried email sim lian but no reply.
Thank you in advance

novel
03-07-09, 12:32
Stalin, do not waste other parents' precious chances, please go straight for Qifa :simmering:

ya stalin, if you dun want to get in might as well apply for Qifa directly no need to hope! :gun3:

May I know if any owner has floor plan with dimensions of 2 bedroom (883sqft) unit or 2+1 bedroom (947sqft) unit?
Please send to [email protected]

Tried email sim lian but no reply.
Thank you in advance

jozz,
you want the exact dimension for each room or just the general floor plan?

jozz91
03-07-09, 13:28
jozz,
you want the exact dimension for each room or just the general floor plan?

with exact dimensions please, thanks! :)

jozz91
03-07-09, 15:09
TOP Status :: Approved :cool:

Juz4max
03-07-09, 15:34

BCA site URL is broken, cant see the status. :(

Juz4max
03-07-09, 15:37
with exact dimensions please, thanks! :)

Here is one for unit 22.

jozz91
03-07-09, 15:42
Here is one for unit 22.
Thanks Juz4max :)
My link is fine

novel
03-07-09, 16:07
Here is one for unit 22.

no use right? This floor plan did not state the length/width of the rooms.... jozz what you going to do with that? :p

Congrats Carabelle owners, finally TOP!!! haha...machiam my own hse TOP! :ashamed1:

jozz91
03-07-09, 16:19
no use right? This floor plan did not state the length/width of the rooms.... jozz what you going to do with that? :p

Congrats Carabelle owners, finally TOP!!! haha...machiam my own hse TOP! :ashamed1:

The scale states 1:100 so agar agar can know how tiny the rooms are... haha
no fish, prawn oso not bad :D

Congrats to you in advance :tongue3:

stalingrad
03-07-09, 19:34
TOP is granted. told you your guys are too kiasu. it is just a normal procedure to review the application and raise some issues, and then grant the TOP. relax!!!:doh:

R99C
03-07-09, 20:08
TOP is granted. told you your guys are too kiasu. it is just a normal procedure to review the application and raise some issues, and then grant the TOP. relax!!!:doh:

key collection is next. haha
it took 2-3mths for Sim Lian to issue keys after TOP date for EC Premiere.
Wonder how long to wait to collect ours. =p

jlbc
03-07-09, 21:15

That is great news....:)

thanks

steppy
05-07-09, 18:22
That is great news....:)

thanks

With the T.O.P obtained, does it mean that we can go into the compound for a look around?

stalingrad
05-07-09, 18:25
With the T.O.P obtained, does it mean that we can go into the compound for a look around?

Too see see? No, you need to get the keys first. that would take a while

jlbc
05-07-09, 18:34
Too see see? No, you need to get the keys first. that would take a while

Just a thought with the chinese seventh month is around the corner, dun know whether will they issue the keys during that time?

stalingrad
06-07-09, 17:56
Sim lian told me that TOP letters are sent today to owners and keys will be distributed in two weeks.

novel
06-07-09, 18:28
Sim lian told me that TOP letters are sent today to owners and keys will be distributed in two weeks.

how come so fast huh? Botannia owners still no news... :confused:

anyway stalingrad, do let us know once you got the TOP letter :)

jozz91
07-07-09, 09:26
how come so fast huh? Botannia owners still no news... :confused:

anyway stalingrad, do let us know once you got the TOP letter :)
I was outside Botannia on Sunday, saw a sign that says
"Key Collection at XX Centre", cant rem exact words of XX.

For Carabelle, I saw some workers doing some touch up.

Is it common that developers omit items from showroom/proposed site?
I am not able to see the little stream under stack 14 as seen in the attached pic.
Seems like my only hope of some sort of water view is gone :(

stalingrad
07-07-09, 09:42
I was outside Botannia on Sunday, saw a sign that says
"Key Collection at XX Centre", cant rem exact words of XX.

For Carabelle, I saw some workers doing some touch up.

Is it common that developers omit items from showroom/proposed site?
I am not able to see the little stream under stack 14 as seen in the attached pic.
Seems like my only hope of some sort of water view is gone :(

send the complaint to Mabel Tan. They owe you an explanation at least. At worst, you can demand compensation.

novel
07-07-09, 10:39
wow can complain and get compensation? jozz faster write in, MTL!!!

btw, can ask one silly question...if we dun want the customized wardrobe in one of the bedroom can it be remove?:ashamed1:

proud owner
07-07-09, 10:47

btw, can ask one silly question...if we dun want the customized wardrobe in one of the bedroom can it be remove?:ashamed1:

remove it yourself lah

novel
07-07-09, 10:59
remove it yourself lah

so it can be remove easily? thot it will be stick to wall... :beats-me-man:

stalingrad
07-07-09, 11:01

Novel, Mabel tan said to us one year ago everything can be removed if they are given an early notice. but it is probably too late now.

We once asked them to let us install our own toilet bowl and air con. They agreed every time, but that was 15 months ago.

novel
07-07-09, 11:19
Novel, Mabel tan said to us one year ago everything can be removed if they are given an early notice. but it is probably too late now.

We once asked them to let us install our own toilet bowl and air con. They agreed every time, but that was 15 months ago.

so did you install your own toilet bowl and aircon in the end?

ya even if i commit a unit in carabelle guess its too late.... so no need to buy isit? hahah... :p

maria
07-07-09, 11:26

Actually,if the main reason for removal of the wardrobe is due to the colour you can change the door to the colour of your liking and make sliding door instead as this save space. In this way can save costs of the interior material.

stalingrad
07-07-09, 11:36
so did you install your own toilet bowl and aircon in the end?

ya even if i commit a unit in carabelle guess its too late.... so no need to buy isit? hahah... :p
No, we did not install either. my wife wanted a toilet bowl that shoots jets of water to your "you know what", the kind we saw in tokyo hotels. but we found it is not available in singapore. my sons also like those models.

We did not need to install our own aircon. Simlian installed toshiba aircons at Carabelle. and the model is one of the best. I thought they were going to install a lousy korean brand like LG. We were wrong. So we backed off.

As for your purchase decision, I have nothing to say except that during our exchange of postings, prices of carabelle units have gone up quite a bit, not down. Had you bought back in March or April, you could've paid only 700 or even 600 plus psf. now you probably have to pay 800 psf.

jozz91
07-07-09, 11:44

I will definitely inquire but wait til I am officially the owner and confirm that the tiny long kang doesnt exist :D

Novel, I am quite sure you can remove but at your own cost. The contractor/ID will know what to do.
Maria's suggestion is worth considering too
Conclusion : Heed stalin advice, Buy! :cheers4: