PDA

View Full Version : Reflections at Keppel Bay (D4, 99 Years, Keppel Land)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

august
02-03-12, 09:06
all also got nice views wat... tree top view, golf course view, city view, sea view etc, and all unblocked some more, almost cannot find these days. Only thing for me i dislike west sun so no west facing units for me.

Heng
02-03-12, 09:44
all also got nice views wat... tree top view, golf course view, city view, sea view etc, and all unblocked some more, almost cannot find these days. Only thing for me i dislike west sun so no west facing units for me.

I visited some units on lower floors and saw only other units and they appear so close to me. Thus I told myself to stay away from units below 11th floor.

Am reminded of how after moving in to Pebble Bay, construction started nearby ... and then the views disappeared.

Furthermore, got to bear with the noise and dust during the construction period. Thus I have to remember that the golf view will be replaced by construction noise and dust as well as many workers moving around.

Heng
02-03-12, 10:11
Hi Ah Heng,
Thanks for the data..
But till now you haven't let me know.. Are those good facing? Meaning facing RWS.. if not, what kind of psf for those with RWS facing.. I saw URA data which you hid it from your data which is high psf$$

NO need to hide : it is FREE publicly available data at URA web-site : only I think few people interested in villa units of $20m or more than $4m.

Got so many agents selling Reflections ::: many will run to serve you and show units that meet your criteria.

Attached is caveat showing $20m unit at $2.5k psf :; good luck to you if you want to use villa psf for tower unit psf

singaporecondo99
02-03-12, 10:51
NO need to hide : it is FREE publicly available data at URA web-site : only I think few people interested in villa units of $20m or more than $4m.

Got so many agents selling Reflections ::: many will run to serve you and show units that meet your criteria.

Attached is caveat showing $20m unit at $2.5k psf :; good luck to you if you want to use villa psf for tower unit psf

bro, haha i will be very happy when I know the penthouse in my condo can fetch 2.5k psf. I will know my 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms in the same condo can fetch so much higher.

I think that's why a 3 bedroom in reflections can hit a record of 3220+psf in Nov.

Heng
02-03-12, 11:00
bro, haha i will be very happy when I know the penthouse in my condo can fetch 2.5k psf. I will know my 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms in the same condo can fetch so much higher.

I think that's why a 3 bedroom in reflections can hit a record of 3220+psf in Nov.

The difference is obvious : only newbies will get sucked in and buy at such high psf : anyway there must necessarily be losers in game.

All cars can fech you from point A to B. Then why the huge price price difference in car prices ?

HP65
02-03-12, 11:46

Wow! That means the SMALLER units can easily call for the same psf due to lower quantum, even disregarding the view! No wonder it's not dropping. And the so called construction...easily won't happen in the next 10 years. Check with the golf club....dun come & smoke us lol

Heng
02-03-12, 12:17
Wow! That means the SMALLER units can easily call for the same psf due to lower quantum, even disregarding the view!

$1,400 psf for 775 sq ft = $1.1m
$1,800 psf for 775 sq ft = $1.4m
$2,500 psf for 775 sq ft = $1.9m

Nobody is stopping you from paying more psf due to smaller quantum rather than the typical $4m or more for villa unit.

Toyota will be happy to get same price as Mercedes or BMW ?

Heng
02-03-12, 12:33
Wow! SMALLER units can easily call for the same psf due to lower quantum, even disregarding the view! No wonder it's not dropping. lol

Slightly over $1m for some units... owners will be laughing all the way to bank if got buyers at $2.5m .. . (buyer's remorse priced additional 16% SSD and 10% ABSD. ) Not forgetting the usual 3% stamp duty on larger amount of $2.5m

eng81157
02-03-12, 12:36
Slightly over $1m for some units... owners will be laughing all the way to bank if got buyers at $2.5m .. . (buyer's remorse priced additional 16% SSD and 10% ABSD. ) Not forgetting the usual 3% stamp duty on larger amount of $2.5m

well, putting prices in context, susan lim just sold a bungalow on sentosa for $39m to an indian energy tycoon (probably reliance).......$4-5m in ABSD and duties.

singaporecondo99
02-03-12, 13:03

Nobody is stopping you from paying more psf due to smaller quantum rather than the typical $4m or more for villa unit.

Seriously, I recalled a sub-sale of 775 sq ft 2 bedroom 14th or 13th floor tower unit selling around 2400psf last year in 2011. Should be the kind of rare 2 bedders unblock facing the yacht, IR view bah ....

Lovelle
02-03-12, 13:03
is it the doctor ?

singaporecondo99
02-03-12, 13:14
Heng may be right, I read a news somewhere that the golf has been earmarked for development as the lease ends 2021, which is around 8 yrs later. But the news did not say anything abt construction or when does construction starts lah,

Maybe, don't even have constructions? Golf lease runs out, the golf land resuse as garden/park :) , residents still get to see the big piece of greenery, still very nice !

HP65
02-03-12, 13:17

Toyota will be happy to get same price as Mercedes or BMW ?

Well, like I said, nobody is stopping you from dreaming its possible to bag a lousy view unit @ Reflection at new launch OCR prices. Honestly, I think out of a thousand unit, you just might find 1 but you have to to be quick and need close network with agents. In every project, there will be the odd firesale...I have seen it at The Sail, Soleil, MBR, MPR....just that posting here wouldnt help much. If the prices

I'm glad my unit has a decent view, otherwise I'll be so disappointed to see that Reflection actually attracts novice ppty investors who try to muscle their way in via the cheapest available unit in the mkt and using such blunt method to try to talk down a project. In times of crisis, these would be the same investors who can't hold the prices for such luxury development. Call me an elitist, but I sincerely hope the investors of Reflection has more investment knowledge and exprience than novice investors. When the tide recedes, I sure hope those who were swimming naked were not at Reflection pool.

I guess SC Global, Wingtai and to a certain extent, Wheelock and Keppel are quite selective in their marketing of units to prospects in some projects.

And apologise if I didn't bother to check earlier posts. Do you even know the unit number of the $1,399 psf unit and if its an original sale, subsale or new sale and the history?

East Coast Boy
02-03-12, 13:22
Seriously, I recalled a sub-sale of 775 sq ft 2 bedroom 14th or 13th floor tower unit selling around 2400psf last year in 2011. Should be the kind of rare 2 bedders unblock facing the yacht, IR view bah ....

FYI

<ADV>Reflections trx update:
Rent Blk 29 #18-86 990sqft 2BR $5.6k*
Rent Blk 5 #02-17 1,711sqft 3BR $9k
Sale Blk 25 #10-79 1,313sqft 3BR $1,523psf
Sale Blk 25 #14-76 872sqft 1BR+S $2,050psf
Javier & Alison/ERA

singaporecondo99
02-03-12, 14:10
FYI

Javier & Alison/ERA

Hmm...Is it for real ?! I didn't see #14-76 872 sqf in URA txn. I know it's a Tower 1A unit, with living room facing sentosa/sea direction. 2050psf is a good deal because the 775 sq ft 1+study is already fetching 2300-2400 in yr 2011.

HP65
02-03-12, 14:14
Hmm...Is it for real ?! I didn't see #14-76 872 sqf in URA txn. I know it's a Tower 1A unit, with living room facing sentosa/sea direction. 2050psf is a good deal because the 775 sq ft 1+study is already fetching 2300-2400 in yr 2011.

error............

HP65
02-03-12, 14:34
error............

For those who are interested, the agents for this site bother to post most of the floor plans. Disclaimer, I don't know them but just chanced upon them through google. But its best to bug a few good agents to take you around.....

http://reflectionsatkeppelbay.creativebrews.com/reflection-at-keppel-bay-site-plan/tower-apartment-floor-plans?nggpage=6

Heng
02-03-12, 15:19

I read a news somewhere that the golf has been earmarked for development as the lease ends 2021, which is around 8 yrs later.

But the news did not say anything abt construction or when does construction starts lah,

!

hyenergixJune 12th, 2011, 12:32 PM

Oh no, lease expiry is for real in 2021. .. After that it will be noise and dust due to redevelopment.

---------------------------------------
East Coast BoyJune 29th, 2011, 06:30 PM

Also, a major selling point is the “unblocked” views towards the Keppel Golf Course Club.

Market watchers interviewed by Singapore Business Review however note that the “unblocked” views could just be “temporary” as ..., the prime location of the golf club would be replaced by high rise development.

“The 30-year lease to the golf club’s site near Telok Blangah is about to expire in end 2021 and chances are it might not be renewed as the land has been earmarked for redevelopment, “an industry observer who requested anonymity said.

“The area is quite noisy as there are a number of huge container trucks passing through Telok Blangah Road,” he said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
When contacted, the Singapore Land Authority, which is the lessor of the land, issued a one-line statement which read: '10 Bukit Chermin Road is on a 30-year lease to Keppel Club.'

Business Times (2009 )

East Coast Boy
02-03-12, 15:23

Info form Agent who just close the deal last month.

URA will show the info by end of this month.

Heng
02-03-12, 15:34

$1.78 m for Sentosa / Sea view is indeed a good price, especially still very much higher than 11th floor......shows that prices are indeed softening even for good units.

East Coast Boy
02-03-12, 16:00
$1.78 m for Sentosa / Sea view is indeed a good price, especially still very much higher than 11th floor......shows that prices are indeed softening even for good units.

Not true..this unit layout is bad that why only $1.78M ( as you said better check before you buy )

Heng
04-03-12, 07:19
3 remaining sites slated for future development in Keppel Bay

the so called construction...easily won't happen in the next 10 years. Check with the golf club....dun come & smoke us lol

http://www.reflectionsatkeppelbay.com.sg/rkb_int2.asp

Future Developments

There are three remaining sites slated for future development in Keppel Bay, two on the mainland and one on Keppel Island.

Contact us at (65) 6271 6686
Keppel Land International Limited, 230 Victoria Street #06-08
Bugis Junction Towers, Singapore 188024

Heng
04-03-12, 07:37
Warren Golf club replaced by University Town very quickly. I believed GOLF Club moved out way before expiry of lease.

Similary with Keppel Golf ??

hyenergix

June 12th, 2011, 12:32 PM

Oh no, lease expiry is for real in 2021. .. After that it will be noise and dust due to redevelopment.

---------------------------------------------------------------
East Coast Boy

June 29th, 2011, 06:30 PM

Also, a major selling point is the “unblocked” views towards the Keppel Golf Course Club.

Market watchers interviewed by Singapore Business Review however note that the “unblocked” views could just be “temporary” as ..., the prime location of the golf club would be replaced by high rise development.

“The 30-year lease to the golf club’s site near Telok Blangah is about to expire in end 2021 and chances are it might not be renewed as the land has been earmarked for redevelopment, “an industry observer who requested anonymity said.

“The area is quite noisy as there are a number of huge container trucks passing through Telok Blangah Road,” he said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
When contacted, the Singapore Land Authority, which is the lessor of the land, issued a one-line statement which read: '10 Bukit Chermin Road is on a 30-year lease to Keppel Club.'

Business Times (2009 )

DC33_2008
04-03-12, 09:19
There will be better developments cum better view in 2021 after the existing PSA port moves out.

Future Developments

There are three remaining sites slated for future development in Keppel Bay, two on the mainland and one on Keppel Island.

East Coast Boy
04-03-12, 14:09
Warren Golf club replaced by University Town very quickly. I believed GOLF Club moved out way before expiry of lease.

Similary with Keppel Golf ??

According to one site, Keppel's lease is until 2022. A lot of other clubs (including Sentosa) have the same lease expiry date, so I only presume that the government did a tender exercise for clubs at the same time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Golf Clubs Land Lease expiry:

Jurong Country Club 2035 (60 yr lease)

Keppel Golf Club 2022 (30 yr lease)

Laguna National Golf & Country Club 2021 (30 yr lease - membership)

Orchid Country Club 2024 (30 yr lease)

Raffles Country Club 2029 (30 yr lease)

Sentosa Golf Club 2022 (30 yr lease)

Seletar Country Club 2024 (30 yr lease)

Singapore Island Country Club 2022 (30 yr lease)

Tanah Merah Country Club 2022 (30 yr lease)

From this weblink: http://www.countryclubs.com/modules....rder=0&thold=0

East Coast Boy
04-03-12, 14:21

Future Developments

Golf course land is not in the list of this three remaining sites

______________________________Land Size(sm) GFA (sm)
Plot 1
(Reflections at Keppel Bay)_________83,591______193,400

Plot 2
(Caribbean at Keppel Bay)__________97,494______132,780

Plot 3
(adjacent to Caribbean)_________38,822_______47,380

Plot 4
(adjacent to Keppel Bay_________28,676_______32,000
Tower and a joint-venture
with Mapletree)

Plot 5
(Marina at Keppel Bay)__________6,211_________3,000

Plot 6
(on Keppel Island)______________20,675_______21,000

Three more plots totalling 88,173 sm of land are slated for development and this is expected to yield another 642 exclusive homes.

The Carribean plot, as well as plots 3 and 4 are height restricted because of Mount Faber (the government required that the view of Sentosa be visible from the top of Mt Faber). So the Reflection towers are the only ones that can have a panaromic view of the sea and Sentosa.

Plot 5 and 6 will definitely be exclusive and expensive. These will be landed property and it will be interesting to see how prices compare with Sentosa.

These developments, carefully designed and prudently phased, will further enhance Keppel Bay, in line with the efforts by the Singapore government to develop the Southern Islands into a first-class tourist resort for the well-heeled.

Heng
04-03-12, 14:29
golf club on this... site is the least productive use of prime land in land-scarce Singapore

........ news somewhere that the golf has been earmarked for development as the lease ends 2021, which is around 8 yrs later. ......

http://www.asiaone.com/print/News/The%2BBusiness%2BTimes/Story/A1Story20090613-148252.html

Extracted from Asiaone web-site :

News @ AsiaOne

Time may run out for Keppel Club

ONE of Singapore's best-known golf clubs could be forced to give up its prime location - close to the upcoming Sentosa integrated resort - and seek a new home.

Ven Sreenivasan

Sat, Jun 13, 2009

The Business Times

ONE of Singapore's best-known golf clubs could be forced to give up its prime location - close to the upcoming Sentosa integrated resort - and seek a new home.

BT understands from industry sources that the lease on Keppel Club's site near Telok Blangah, across from Sentosa Island, might not be renewed when it expires ........ as the land has been earmarked for redevelopment.

A senior club official declined to comment when reached and members said they had not been told of any potential changes.
When contacted, the Singapore Land Authority, which is the lessor of the land, issued a one-line statement which read: '10 Bukit Chermin Road is on a 30-year lease to Keppel Club. The lease expires end-2021.'

But the development of the Sentosa Island, with its Integrated Resorts, has increased the value of the land around the vicinity. The area has seen massive redevelopment with prime waterfront commercial and residential properties like VivoCity, Keppel Corp's Reflections and Caribbean.

'This is prime property,' said an informed industry insider. 'Most golf clubs in Singapore sit on water catchment areas, land adjacent airports or other real estate which cannot house infrastructure.

Having a golf club on this Bukit Chermin site is the least productive use of prime land in land-scarce Singapore.'

Redevelopment means NO more golf course view.....

East Coast Boy
04-03-12, 15:46
golf club on this... site is the least productive use of prime land in land-scarce Singapore

http://www.asiaone.com/print/News/The%2BBusiness%2BTimes/Story/A1Story20090613-148252.html

Extracted from Asiaone web-site :

News @ AsiaOne

Time may run out for Keppel Club

Ven Sreenivasan

Sat, Jun 13, 2009

The Business Times

BT understands from industry sources that the lease on Keppel Club's site near Telok Blangah, across from Sentosa Island, might not be renewed when it expires ........ as the land has been earmarked for redevelopment.

A senior club official declined to comment when reached and members said they had not been told of any potential changes.
When contacted, the Singapore Land Authority, which is the lessor of the land, issued a one-line statement which read: '10 Bukit Chermin Road is on a 30-year lease to Keppel Club. The lease expires end-2021.'

But the development of the Sentosa Island, with its Integrated Resorts, has increased the value of the land around the vicinity. The area has seen massive redevelopment with prime waterfront commercial and residential properties like VivoCity, Keppel Corp's Reflections and Caribbean.

'This is prime property,' said an informed industry insider. 'Most golf clubs in Singapore sit on water catchment areas, land adjacent airports or other real estate which cannot house infrastructure.

Having a golf club on this Bukit Chermin site is the least productive use of prime land in land-scarce Singapore.'

Redevelopment means NO more golf course view.....

So Sentosa Golf Club 2022 (30 yr lease) is not on prime land ?..:doh: :doh: :doh:

East Coast Boy
04-03-12, 15:49
So Sentosa Golf Club 2022 (30 yr lease) is not on prime land ?..:doh: :doh: :doh:

How about Marina Bay Golf course also not prime land ? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Heng
05-03-12, 07:46
Wonder if Reflections face the same fate of big losses ? as I see more and more units put up for sale / rental and the months go by ...
Buying at Developer psf still risks BIG LOSS..despite after holding so many years after TOP...999 year St Regis Residences ....launched at about same time as Reflections....

Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
It is not 4M loss BUT 5M loss. Actually i dun wan to share one, but see some of you guys so pathethic,......

2,782 psf
-2,111 psf
------------
671 psf
------------
A few CCR transactions sold at a loss (reported in The Edge)

"It is very dangerous to buy property without knowing how to calculate the hidden costs." Famous Words by BJ21T

East Coast Boy
05-03-12, 10:05
Wonder if Reflections face the same fate of big losses ? as I see more and more units put up for sale / rental and the months go by ...
Buying at Developer psf still risks BIG LOSS..despite after holding so many years after TOP...999 year St Regis Residences ....launched at about same time as Reflections....

Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
It is not 4M loss BUT 5M loss. Actually i dun wan to share one, but see some of you guys so pathethic,......

2,782 psf
-2,111 psf
------------
671 psf
------------
A few CCR transactions sold at a loss (reported in The Edge)

"It is very dangerous to buy property without knowing how to calculate the hidden costs." Famous Words by BJ21T

Actually i dun wan to share this also, but see some of you guys might miss this info...

The bungalow at Sentosa Cove (pictured) sold for a record S$39 million was once owned by Deepak Sharma, Chairman at Citi Private Bank and his wife Susan Lim, a well-known surgeon, reported The Business Times.

The sea-fronting property achieved the highest selling price ever for a bungalow on Sentosa Cove, exceeding the previous high of S$36 million set in 2010.

Sharma, a veteran banker, and also co-Chairman at the Private Banking Industry Group (PBIG), bought the property and negotiated for its eventual sale, according to a source. Prior to becoming a Singapore citizen, he was an Indian national. He married Dr. Lim in 2000.

Dr. Lim is believed to be the first surgeon in Singapore to perform a liver transplant. She also made news last year when she attempted to block an inquiry by the Singapore Medical Council. The case went all the way to the Court of Appeal but was dismissed.

Meanwhile, the buyer was revealed to be Shael Oswal, an Indian citizen involved in the mining business.

The S$39 million price tag for the 99-year leasehold property works out to S$2,448 psf for a land area of 15,929 sq ft, and features a spacious living area, five bedrooms and an entertainment room.

Heng
05-03-12, 16:32
So mnay listings for SALE / RENT : $ 5,000 rental lost each month ? Hardly any sale closed despite reasonable asking prices ?

The bungalow at Sentosa Cove (pictured) sold for a record S$39 million was once owned by Deepak Sharma, Chairman at Citi Private Bank and his wife Susan Lim, a well-known surgeon, reported The Business Times.

Sharma, a veteran banker, and also co-Chairman at the Private Banking Industry Group (PBIG), bought the property and negotiated for its eventual sale, according to a source. Prior to becoming a Singapore citizen, he was an Indian national. He married Dr. Lim in 2000.

Meanwhile, the buyer was revealed to be Shael Oswal, an Indian citizen involved in the mining business.

The S$39 million price tag for the 99-year leasehold property works out to S$2,448 psf for a land area of 15,929 sq ft, and features a spacious living area, five bedrooms and an entertainment room.

Unless very well-connected ....not many of the typical Reflections 2 bedders can negotiate for good price.......if empty for another 3 months will have to forgo another $15,000 rental income....If sell, so many listings asking for reasonable price and yet still no sale done.

DaytonaSS
05-03-12, 23:45
So mnay listings for SALE / RENT : $ 5,000 rental lost each month ? Hardly any sale closed despite reasonable asking prices ?

Unless very well-connected ....not many of the typical Reflections 2 bedders can negotiate for good price.......if empty for another 3 months will have to forgo another $15,000 rental income....If sell, so many listings asking for reasonable price and yet still no sale done.

mr heng, can i ask how u know no sales done? URA website?

Heng
06-03-12, 06:29
Propertyguru now has 4,181 listings for Reflections. With the increase in listings, is it reasonable to expect more sales / rental ?

What could be the reason why Reflections not moving ?

According to agents, rental market is ok but .....

DaytonaSS
06-03-12, 08:52
Propertyguru now has 4,181 listings for Reflections. With the increase in listings, is it reasonable to expect more sales / rental ?

my assumptions are these

1) average singaporean would not be able to afford a $2.5-$3m price tag.

2) Additional Buyers stamp duties discourage foreigners to pick up properties now

3) As confirmed by new launches and data realeased, upgraders are mostly buying 800-1m and ard $1.5m properties. The 40% down payment have also killed buyers with deeper pockets for $2m and abov properties.

4) everyone hoping for a crash and firesale. Miss match between buyer and seller expectations.

5) NO FAMOUS PRIMARY SCHOOL or higher education in the area.

However i must say this is one of my top 3 development to live in if i dont have to worry about kid's primary school enrollment. Can afford a $3m villa unit plus a $1m yatch would be the ideal lifestyle.

Rysk
06-03-12, 09:33

Hi Ah Heng,

Just an example, this morning I saw 1,317 listings for sale:

1. How many are repeated ads? Like 5 agents advertising for one units.. 1 agent post 5 ads, etc.. so all together make up of 1,317 listings?

2. Lets say finally the actual units for sale is 300, out of 300, how many are serious sellers?

3. Lets say 100 serious sellers, how many are asking at reasonable price? 30??

Lets say only lah!! :D

singaporecondo99
06-03-12, 13:07
my assumptions are these

5) NO FAMOUS PRIMARY SCHOOL or higher education in the area.

Ok lah, considered not bad, it is central to both NUS and SMU, not very far away from both. As long don't go NTU haha

As for primary schools, I think the parents staying there are rich enough to fetch their kids to primary school by benz haha... no need school to be nearby. Anyway, it's also abit strange to have a skyscraper besides a primary school hehe, it's more for mass market condos and HDBs bah.

If govt decide to release that huge plot of land below mount faber, now under use as bus coach carpark and seah im hawker to private developers to do something commercial, seriously i think this area will huat even more.

Heng
07-03-12, 06:22
Hmm...Is it for real ?!

I didn't see #14-76 872 sqf in URA txn. I know it's a Tower 1A unit, with living room facing sentosa/sea direction.

2050psf is a good deal because the 775 sq ft 1+study is already fetching 2300-2400 in yr 2011.

Have confirmed that $2,050 psf for Sea /Sentosa view #14-72 was transacted towards end February 2012.

Agents were asking $2,400 psf for this unit .... Most of the asking prices are dropping....Agents mentioned to wait another 3-6 months for more falls in prices ....take a look from the sky bridges and can see many units without furniture, etc.......

hyenergix
07-03-12, 06:31
Looks like investors' big CCR units are going for a battlestar galactica ride.

singaporecondo99
07-03-12, 08:23
Have confirmed that $2,050 psf for Sea /Sentosa view #14-72 was transacted towards end February 2012.

Agents were asking $2,400 psf for this unit .... Most of the asking prices are dropping....Agents mentioned to wait another 3-6 months for more falls in prices ....take a look from the sky bridges and can see many units without furniture, etc.......

Haha bro, #14-72 is Tower 1B facing keppel club and laborador park trees, can't even smell the yacht.

It is a 3 bedroom like 1500 sft, so making it more than 3 million bucks.
The buyer really rich sia.

Can see your intentions clearly, no wonder the other bros here asking your intentions in this forum haha. Interesting fellow, reminded me of Mr B in other thread.

Heng
07-03-12, 08:50
Haha bro, #14-72 is Tower 1B facing keppel club and laborador park trees, can't even smell the yacht.

It is a 3 bedroom like 1500 sft, so making it more than 3 million bucks.
The buyer really rich sia.

Can see your intentions clearly, no wonder the other bros here asking your intentions in this forum haha. Interesting fellow, reminded me of Mr B in other thread.

Truth is stranger than fiction ?? My typo error : it is #14-76 of tower 25, the $1.78 m unit transacted in Feb 2012 as mentioned by East Boy.

It is also marked as " error..." by HP65.

Realisty is difficult to accept ???

devilplate
07-03-12, 08:54
doesnt matter.....can find gd deal now anot? 2xth flr facing sentosa how much asking now? i aiming 1500psf....wakakaka

Heng
07-03-12, 08:58
FYI

Javier & Alison/ERA

The above is correct : although not in URA data as publicly available.

$2,050 psf for Sentosa / Seaview is too good to be true ?

especially as many have bought during launch in 2007 at very much higher psf for Sentosa / Sea view.

More than $ 400 psf drop for sea view unit in 2012

devilplate
07-03-12, 09:01
2k psf still damn high....14th flr somemore.....so low flr and no. 14!!! 1500psf shd be the correct px....wakakaka

1500psf den we tok la

Heng
07-03-12, 09:24
2k psf still damn high....14th flr somemore.....so low flr and no. 14!!! 1500psf shd be the correct px....wakakaka

1500psf den we tok la

I am in no position to predict if it will drop to $1,500 psf for sea view / sentosa view.

So far I stick to facts as available on public sites or on various agencies databases : I usually request for evidence that are verifiable.

That is why it took me so long before I know that East Coast boy $2,050 psf for Sentosa / seaview is correct.

I also find it difficult to believe sea view $2,050 psf because in 2011 many agents asking another $400 psf more for seaview / Sentosa view.

Now such transactions exist : $1.4 m for golf view and $1.8 m for sea view / sentosa view.

Just like in stock market, if Euro crisis takes a worse turn , your $1,500 psf for sea view at higher than 14th floor may materialise.

eng81157
07-03-12, 10:15

price drop but does it mean that seller made a loss or just profited less?

Heng
07-03-12, 10:30
price drop but does it mean that seller made a loss or just profited less?

Less than $3 m or $1.9k psf for sea view unit on 2oth floor ?

See attached and appreciate your comments ?
I have not been to unit but looks like seaview unit on 20th floor.

Heng
07-03-12, 10:44

1500psf den we tok la

Looks like very nice layout and facing the sea ?

Floor plan attached for easy reference

Appreciate your comments on this stack and the pricing , etc

august
07-03-12, 11:32

1500psf den we tok la

some people dun like the number 14 mah...

8kenshin
07-03-12, 12:32
Looks like very nice layout and facing the sea ?

Floor plan attached for easy reference

Appreciate your comments on this stack and the pricing , etc

I've seen one of these two bedders, a very nice regular layout. Pricing looks good, but note that the development faces directly at the Caribbean not the sea. That facing is inclined about 45 degrees away from a direct facing of the Marina.

A little snippet since this is a hot thread...see the highlighted paragraph towards the end.

Keppel Land
Kim Eng on 7 Mar 2012

More catching up to do. Keppel Land has been an outperformer year-to-date, but over a longer one-year period, it is still down by 20.7%, trailing behind its big-cap peers CapitaLand and City Developments Limited (-12.5% and -3.1%, respectively). We believe that KepLand has repositioned itself to tide through any near-term uncertainties and reaffirm our Buy recommendation on this relative laggard.

Beijing project a bigger deal than initially thought. In January, KepLand said that it had acquired a 51% stake in a prime commercial project in Beijing’s Chaoyang CBD, with an estimated breakeven of RMB20,000 psm GFA. After reviewing our earlier forecasts, we raise our capital value assumption for the office component to RMB50,000 psm, which suggests a RNAV accretion of 8 cents per share from the project instead of the original estimate of 4 cents per share.

Biding its time in Sengkang. KepLand has withheld the launch of the remaining 322 units at The Luxurie in Sengkang. We reckon that management could be waiting for the adjoining site to be made available on the Confirmed List in April and make a bid for it. If successful, KepLand can dictate the near-term supply and pricing in the vicinity. If not, then the winning bid is likely to result in a project with a higher breakeven than that of The Luxurie, mitigating its own risks.

Keeping the good stuff. Despite the slow turnover in the high-end residential market, KepLand has no intention of reducing asking prices just to move inventory. A prime example is Reflections at Keppel Bay, which received its Temporary Occupation Permit at the end of last year. KepLand has decided to retain about 130 of the 290 unsold units for corporate residences with a view to selling them only when the market picks up, just as it had done for 168 units at the Caribbean previously.

Laggard backed by bumper dividend. We have raised our target price to $4.00, pegged at a narrower 30% discount to RNAV due to KepLand’s better-than-ever balance sheet. The group has proposed a bumper dividend of 20 cents per share, subject to approval at the AGM scheduled for 20 April. Buy now, for a potential total return of 27%.

singaporecondo99
07-03-12, 12:39
1500 psf sea or yacht view, i also want haha, if like that, the golf units would crash already haha

Actually, even the unit is sold at 2050 psf, the owner still make losses if you factor in stamp duties of 3%, agent fees of 2% and some michellaneous. The original owner shd be buying around $2k psf direct from developers in 2009.

I would say it's a good buy for #14-72, even though only the living room is facing sentosa and 2 beds are facing golf. Still, I think it's a good investment if you can buy around the original developers price plus/minus 100 to 200 psf, by the time the economy rebounce, high end luxury condo are always the first ones to shoot up high.

Don't follow the herd to buy mass-market OCR at 1300-1500 psf now haha, too expensive already. Thinking about it, the mass market condo I staying now, I only bought < 500psf 10 yrs ago haha

singaporecondo99
07-03-12, 12:47
Keeping the good stuff. Despite the slow turnover in the high-end residential market, KepLand has no intention of reducing asking prices just to move inventory. A prime example is Reflections at Keppel Bay, which received its Temporary Occupation Permit at the end of last year. KepLand has decided to retain about 130 of the 290 unsold units for corporate residences with a view to selling them only when the market picks up, just as it had done for 168 units at the Caribbean previously.

Good move, i heard FEO has also done the same thing to some of their RCR and CCR properties.

august
07-03-12, 12:49
Good move, i heard FEO has also done the same thing to some of their RCR and CCR properties.

Standard practice for FEO. In fact if FEO does not hold back units for a particular project, then i start to worry for the project. Hahaha :p

Heng
07-03-12, 17:03
doesnt matter.....can find gd deal now anot? 2xth flr facing sentosa how much asking now? i aiming 1500psf....wakakaka

May I know which stacks are you looking for ?

Heng
08-03-12, 06:45
1500 psf sea or yacht view, i also want haha, if like that, the golf units would crash already haha

The original owner shd be buying around $2k psf direct from developers in 2009.

I would say it's a good buy for #14-72, even though only the living room is facing sentosa and 2 beds are facing golf.

Thinking about it, the mass market condo I staying now, I only bought < 500psf 10 yrs ago haha

Which stacks meet your criteria of seaview ?

From layout plan it looks like if ....looking over low Carribean ... and then further ..is the sea... especially from high floor ?

Stack 96 at 20th floor met your definition of seaview ?

Blue
14-03-12, 14:22
Any 2 bedder going at $1.4M? Dun care if it's low floor. Buying for investmt.

DC33_2008
14-03-12, 22:17
How about this?

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/PUTERI2.jpg

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/PUTERI.jpg

Pay 25% of the $psf here and still get yacht, seaview and FH too.:cool:

Actually, even the unit is sold at 2050 psf, the owner still make losses if you factor in stamp duties of 3%, agent fees of 2% and some michellaneous. The original owner shd be buying around $2k psf direct from developers in 2009.

I would say it's a good buy for #14-72, even though only the living room is facing sentosa and 2 beds are facing golf. Still, I think it's a good investment if you can buy around the original developers price plus/minus 100 to 200 psf, by the time the economy rebounce, high end luxury condo are always the first ones to shoot up high.

Don't follow the herd to buy mass-market OCR at 1300-1500 psf now haha, too expensive already. Thinking about it, the mass market condo I staying now, I only bought < 500psf 10 yrs ago haha

singaporecondo99
14-03-12, 22:45
wow very nice, where is this ? A new project in town ?

kane
14-03-12, 22:47
Sounds like our neighbouring city.

dtrax
14-03-12, 23:14
familiar leh... the render. penang development?

bargain hunter
15-03-12, 14:21
ZERO sold by developer in feb. 111 to go + another 179 unlaunched.

singaporecondo99
15-03-12, 20:41
can't be zero lah, URA haven't upload March transactions

hyenergix
15-03-12, 20:45
Not here meh? http://www.abandonia.com/games/393 Good outlet for those who are (overly) passionate about properties.

Heng
16-03-12, 07:46
ZERO sold by developer in feb. 111 to go + another 179 unlaunched.

290 ( 111 + 179 ) units with Developer : now asking about $1,6xx psf before discount for various .... ABSD.....etc

Singapore condo99 : attached extracted from URA showing 0 sales by developer in Feb 2012. This has hust been updated by URA : March data can only be updated in April 2012. Now is mid March 2012.

Lovelle
16-03-12, 08:48
any price list from developer ? or need to call agent to check ?

lufu
16-03-12, 11:29
Just went to see this project over the weekend. Very nicely done but rather expensive. But well within expectation for the location.

Reading this forum I could also see there are quite a bit of interest but also many hoping to grab a good bargain and fire sale.

Interestingly... The point is. There are quite a substantial interest but buyer is also out there waiting for fire sale and hope to grab a cheap bargain at this project.

Heng
16-03-12, 12:16
Just went to see this project over the weekend. ..

also many hoping to grab a good bargain and fire sale.

Interestingly... The point is. There are quite a substantial interest but buyer is also out there waiting for fire sale and hope to grab a cheap bargain at this project.

Recent caveats of $$1,300 to $1,400 psf not cheap enough..about$1.3 m still not a bargain ? what are expectations ?? see attached for some of the caveats

minority
17-03-12, 14:54
Recent caveats of $$1,300 to $1,400 psf not cheap enough..about$1.3 m still not a bargain ? what are expectations ?? see attached for some of the caveats
These are not subsale right. More like top units filing caveats. Dont think got so low now. Have pple all grab!!!!

East Coast Boy
22-03-12, 22:24
The high-end market might be languishing with slow sales but Keppel Land is already planning another iconic waterfront project comprising 367 homes along the historic King's Dock.

Similar to its recently-completed Reflections at Keppel Bay development, the developer will again partner renowned architect Daniel Libeskind, who counts the Jewish Museum in Berlin and the Denver Art Museum in the United States (US) as his masterpieces.

Keppel Land's president (Singapore residential), Mr Augustine Tan, said that despite the external economic challenges, there is still a worldwide trend favouring premier waterfront living. Demand for its projects such as Reflections has been encouraging, especially from within Asia.

'Three months have passed since the additional buyer's stamp duty was introduced.... The US seems to be on the way to recovery and the Greece situation seems to be handled at the moment.

Leeds
22-03-12, 22:34
SINGAPORE: With the prices of high-end properties moderating, some developers are looking to lease unsold units of new developments for better returns.

Keppel Land said it will tap on the strong leasing demand for luxury water front residences and lease 154 units of its high-end condominium - Reflections at Keppel Bay.

These will be set aside as corporate residences and rents will range between S$8,000 to S$9,000 per unit.

Augustine Tan, President (Singapore Residential) at Keppel Land, said: "We believe that with a good following of tenants in the Caribbean, we will see an equally, if not a better following for Reflections.

"As Reflections matures, the quality would ensure that the price would hold, and in fact the price would appreciate by the time we intend to sell the 150 units that we are holding now."

Reflections is not the first development that Keppel chose to lease instead of selling some units. Some 130 units at the Caribbean Residences in the Keppel Bay vicinity had been leased out as corporate residences ranging from six months to two years.

839 units at Reflections at Keppel Bay have been sold as of end February. That is 88 per cent of the 950 launched units.

Six units were sold after the cooling measures were implemented, with half of them going to foreigners, and one to a PR.

-CNA/ac

hyenergix
22-03-12, 22:37
Developers fighting with individual landlords for tenants. This year will be exciting.

kane
22-03-12, 22:51
Developers fighting with individual landlords for tenants. This year will be exciting.

developers sure win because of their more extensive network.

Heng
23-03-12, 09:58
Singapore Residential Landbank
Asset Allocation (as at 30 Jun 2011) Project
Tenure
Attributable Land Area (sf)
Attributable GFA (sf)
Total Units*
Keppel Bay Plot 3
Keppel Bay
30%
99-yr
Keppel Bay Plot 4
Keppel Bay
11.7%
99-yr
Keppel Bay Plot 6
Keppel Bay
30%
99-yr
Today's straits times noted another 700 units coming into Keppel Bay : better located than Reflections ? another idea if plot 5 exists ?

minority
23-03-12, 10:47
Huat ahhhh... Price to go 3000psf in that area?

devilplate
23-03-12, 10:50
Huat ahhhh... Price to go 3000psf in that area?
only possible when cm5 removed

Lovelle
23-03-12, 11:11
only possible when cm5 removed

u hv pm.....

devilplate
23-03-12, 11:12
u hv pm.....
read liao...but no comments....lol

East Coast Boy
23-03-12, 18:12
Keppel Bay Plot 3
http://www.heintges.com/project.php?...pel-bay-plot-3

DEVELOPER Keppel Land is planning a waterfront project of 367 high-end homes along the historic King's Dock, with renowned architect Daniel Libeskind as the designer.

The estate, known as Plot Three for the moment, will be built on a 417,883 sq ft site.

This is about half the land area of Keppel's 1,129-unit Reflections, a project nearby that also employed Mr Libeskind, famed for his designs of the Jewish Museum in Berlin and the Denver Art Museum in the United States.

Keppel also developed the 969-unit Caribbean at Keppel Bay, which was finished in 2004, so its new project will be its third waterfront development in the Telok Blangah area.

Mr Libeskind said the project will be unique as it will have to take into account the 'geography and character of the land', which is long and narrow.

Mr Augustine Tan, Keppel Land's president of Singapore Residential, said the desire for premier waterfront living remains strong, despite global economic problems and the subdued high-end market here.

'Three months have passed since the additional buyer's stamp duty was introduced... The United States seems to be on the way to recovery and the Greece situation seems to be handled at the moment,' he added.

'There's a lot less pessimism, and while the luxury market is expected to continue lagging behind the mass market for a while, we are positive about projects that are well located.'

The firm has two more sites slated for development - one on the mainland and another plot on Keppel Island. When fully developed, Keppel Bay will accommodate 2,600 homes.

Although about 290 units remain unsold at Reflections, only 136 units will be available for sale at average asking prices of $2,450 per sq ft (psf). Premium sea-facing units can go for as much as $3,200 psf.

The remaining 154 units will be set aside as corporate residences. Rents for these fully furnished apartments spread across the glass towers and low-rise villa blocks are about $9,500 a month.

Mr Tan said the decision to set aside units for corporate leasing at Reflections followed a similar move at Carribean, where about 170 units were earmarked for leasing.

'It's proven to be a good strategy because when we sold (Caribbean) after it was completed for several years, we got a premium for them,' he noted.

Mr Tan said Keppel Land is not pressed to sell Reflections at lower prices and has not absorbed the recently introduced additional buyer's stamp duty for any of its buyers.

In fact, more buyers might be keen on the project now that it is completed.

Singaporeans made up about 33 per cent of the buyers and about 60 per cent of the 100 families that have moved in so far are owner-occupiers.

Mr Tan also touched on the likelihood of another round of cooling measures after stellar new-home sales in the first two months of the year. More than 3,100 units, including executive condominiums, were sold last month.

The Government likes to see stability in the market and not volatile prices, Mr Tan said.

'Although sales volumes (have been) strong in the last two months, speculators are out of the market, and if these are genuine buyers, the Government might well leave it for the time being.'

DC33_2008
25-03-12, 10:51
Not penang. Too expensive and prone to Tsunami.
familiar leh... the render. penang development?

East Coast Boy
27-03-12, 20:53
FYI please note that to commemorate the completion of the iconic development, Keppel have commissioned a 30-min documentary which premieres this Thurs March 29 at 9.30pm on Channel NewsAsia; with encore telecasts on Fri, Mar 30 at 10.30pm, Sat, Mar 31 at 3.30pm and Mon, Apr 2 at 5.30pm. Trace the journey of the impossible dream of building Reflections at Keppel Bay has been transformed into reality. There will be a 4 page newspaper supplement on Mar 29 to annouce the completion of Reflections at Keppel Bay. Also, Keppel has constructed 3 show suites on actual units for viewing strictly by appointment.

lufu
29-03-12, 22:11
so are you now more convicted to book a unit immediately after the hard sell by Daniel Libeskind

:)

bigapplefan
29-03-12, 22:24
Watched the segment on tv.. So crap.. They talked about how great the skyscraper design was but they interviewed the owner who stayed in the lower floor units facing the sea.. To me i think the skycraper looks too much like a commercial building.. Not so cosy to stay in. Was this segment paid by developer? :tongue3:

DaytonaSS
30-03-12, 02:27
love the design! Iconic! Serene n beautiful environment. best place to stay if one can afford a nice yatch to go along with it.

Lovelle
30-03-12, 09:18
i learnt something called "Lift Core Wall" .....

ecimbew
31-03-12, 20:42
I'm here now. Think I will fall asleep by the pool side.

lufu
10-04-12, 16:20
You bought? Or you selling? 2 bedder 1.4k psf is good, even if golf view. Congrats if you bought! :cheers1:

Looking for a unit there. Any chance of a $1300 psf golf course view?

lufu
10-04-12, 19:46
More likely that 2 bedroom units were sold at below $1,400 psf or about $1.2 m during launch ... I know a few friends who bought at around $1.2m.

The $1.35 m unit sold in 2011 is on the 13th floor : not the 14th
It now has a good view of the golf course : better than view of other units from low floor units.

Indeed $1.35m is a good price for high floor unit with unobstructed golf view in 2011 : but in 2012, a more likely price may be around $1.2m

Lesser Premium developments can get 2 bedroom units at about $900k ( see today's advertisements in newspapers )

That is easily a $ 400,000 premium for a 2 bedroom unit

I'm rather serious at buying a unit at Reflections for $1.2m. I see that you're really knowledgeable on this project, can you recommend me the agent who has such unit? Most units I've seen are going for $1.5m.

I don't mind paying you a token sum if I could get one at $1.2m high floor unit with unobstructed golf view. I know it's temporary gold course but I'm fine with it at $1.2m

cartman
10-04-12, 23:07
I'm rather serious at buying a unit at Reflections for $1.2m. I see that you're really knowledgeable on this project, can you recommend me the agent who has such unit? Most units I've seen are going for $1.5m.

I don't mind paying you a token sum if I could get one at $1.2m high floor unit with unobstructed golf view. I know it's temporary gold course but I'm fine with it at $1.2m
can recommend any good units you saw at $1.5m? all the units i was offered were about $2-3m, even after i told them my budget is less than 2m, those $%#$^$^ agents :doh:

lufu
10-04-12, 23:11
can recommend any good units you saw at $1.5m? all the units i was offered were about $2-3m, even after i told them my budget is less than 2m, those $%#$^$^ agents :doh:

not great. those are 2 bedders with 'temporary' golf course view

hoping to find those $1.2M high floor golf course view mentioned by Heng

dtrax
10-04-12, 23:58
WTFFF.. at 1.2mil, tell me who is NOT SERIOUS about buying... $1mil condo price tag so common these days

teddybear
11-04-12, 00:13
Ask you to buy in early 2009 you don't want?! :doh:

fiat500
11-04-12, 03:51

i seriously doubt u will be able to get any 2bedder unit for 1.2m at this point of time unless another crisis sets in..
i would say its impossible! :cheers3:

flxcat
11-04-12, 15:58
i seriously doubt u will be able to get any 2bedder unit for 1.2m at this point of time unless another crisis sets in..

I tried Caribbean 2 rm for $1.3mil, agent also say no luck. Curious how can reflections going at around this price :ashamed1:

lufu
11-04-12, 16:28

I know, i hadn't been able to find High floor golf course view at $1.2m 2 bedder but Heng has been posting about price drop and fire sale for the last months. I am looking for his contacts and willing to pay comm for it.

cartman
12-04-12, 01:27
not great. those are 2 bedders with 'temporary' golf course view

hoping to find those $1.2M high floor golf course view mentioned by Heng

which floor is considered high enough?

well at least tyour agents are asking for $1.5M for golf course view. the agents quoted me much higher for low floor golf course view or no view.

cartman
12-04-12, 01:31
Ask you to buy in early 2009 you don't want?! :doh:
aiya, told you i blur like sotong for property liao. last time, very fussy, see orchard condo $1500 psf still hiam finishing no good, cosmopolitan unit only 5th floor not high enough etc, later too busy with work and market took off :beats-me-man:

but luckily made some money elsewhere, so can come back and shop again :D what's your recommendation?

zhiming1
15-04-12, 17:16
If have 1.3 m for 2bedroom , i am interested too...

fiat500
15-04-12, 17:43
If have 1.3 m for 2bedroom , i am interested too...
For 1.3m,u cant even get a 2Bedder for citylights or southbank already, u dare to aim for reflections ah?
They always say this "dream on" haha,just kidding,don't take offence.

ecimbew
15-04-12, 20:24
For 1.3m,u cant even get a 2Bedder for citylights or southbank already, u dare to aim for reflections ah?

Let's add one more to the list.
"You cant get 2 bedder at Sky Habitat during launch too. It costs 1.4 million dollars upwards. But you can try it's 1 + 1 bedder. It's 1.2 million dollars upwards."

speculator
15-04-12, 22:57
Reflections is a great project but anything below $2000 psf here is not worth buying.

There really isn't any view for those units. Better off crossing the road to buy Skyline.

cartman
16-04-12, 00:33
Reflections is a great project but anything below $2000 psf here is not worth buying.

There really isn't any view for those units. Better off crossing the road to buy Skyline.
lol, this is such a general sweeping statement. i have been offered $2000 psf units with shitty views whereas there had been transactions below $1500 psf.

skyline residences seems over rated...look at the surroundings.

Jonathan0503
16-04-12, 08:33

Actually I find the location of southbank and citylights much better then reflections

Jonathan0503
16-04-12, 08:34

Yes, and skyline is FH

kane
16-04-12, 08:40
Actually I find the location of southbank and citylights much better then reflections

Reflections is more for those who want to be away from all the hustle and bustle. Not for me though. I want amenities at my doorstep.

eng81157
16-04-12, 08:45
Yes, and skyline is FH

interlace's location ain't fantastic either, with one side of the project overlooking the AYE. furthermore, it's LH and i personally think it's ugly.

the ex-gillman heights folks probably got the raw end of the deal by trading in their huge units for this

fiat500
16-04-12, 13:11
But reflections definitely much more atas lah.
Its just like those condos along meyer rd,they have zero amenities but yet they command premium prices in the katong area..

lufu
22-04-12, 09:33

Apparently Heng kept shouting fire sale and posted prices that shows high floor $1.2m so I was a little hopeful. :doh:

I am seriously wanting to pay his Agent who can bring me such seller. $1.2Mil high floor Golf Course View, 2 bedder.

I think Heng has now taken down the Fire Sale sign and disappeared? unfortunately :(

Heng
19-06-12, 09:36
I think Heng has now taken down the Fire Sale sign and disappeared? unfortunately :([/quote]

Not fire sale sign but ACTUAL transactions ?? more to come ???

Reflections
Reflections

sold on
LOSSES $$$$$2012-05-28
-503,1962012-05-25
-326,9922012-05-25
-182,1602012-05-25
-351,9452012-05-23

LOSSES
$$$$$$$
See attached GIF file for units and computations of loss

hopeful
19-06-12, 09:47
heng is very fast to use squarefoot.com.sg

Heng
19-06-12, 10:41
......unless another crisis sets in..

-$503,196-$351,945-$327,120-$326,992-$182,160

These units were bought directly from developers in 2007.

Many who bought in 2007 and sold off in the subsequent periods have made huge profits.

I also thought it is " impossible " to make such loss if buy direct from developer.

Guess there are more units sold at losses that went unreported....
More Reflections coming after May 2012.....

Laguna
19-06-12, 10:45
In 2007, I signed a cheque for a big unit, but chicken out after considering the downside risk by using Carriben as an example.

This is going to be a difficult play, similar ones are in Sentosa. Situation is worst there

Laguna
19-06-12, 10:57
Most profitable >20%

31 Keppel Bay View #08-91 1,141 $1,345 psf (May 07) $1,630 psf (Apr 12) 21.1%
25 Keppel Bay View #03-75 1,324 $1,524 psf (May 07) $1,888 psf (Feb 12) 23.8%
23 Keppel Bay View #27-74 904 $1,692 psf (May 07) $2,088 psf (Nov 11) 23.4%
31 Keppel Bay View #06-93 872 $1,392 psf (May 07) $1,697 psf (Oct 11) 21.9%

I nvr seen a project with so many units in the market for sales and rental...

jwong71
19-06-12, 10:58

Many who bought in 2007 and sold off in the subsequent periods have made huge profits.

I also thought it is " impossible " to make such loss if buy direct from developer.

buying direct from developers, either way: make money or lose money.

timing, timing, timing

hopeful
19-06-12, 11:32
In 2007, I signed a cheque for a big unit, but chicken out after considering the downside risk by using Carriben as an example.

This is going to be a difficult play, similar ones are in Sentosa. Situation is worst there

the unit you were eyeing, if you had gone through the purchase, would it have made money now?

KTKW
19-06-12, 11:59

Its not impossible to make losses even if you buy at new launch.
Unless you are prepared to hold on to the property if the tide is against you.

I still feel that location location location is key!

Laguna
20-06-12, 11:08
the unit you were eyeing, if you had gone through the purchase, would it have made money now?

Cannot remember which unit I was eyeing at that time
so many years back, getting old alr

Heng
20-06-12, 11:13
Its not impossible to make losses even if you buy at new launch.

!

In about the same period / time of posting,,, you mentioned "missed opportunity ""to buy at launch "

Interesting opposing viewpoints about " buy at new launch "

KTKW
20-06-12, 12:02
In about the same period / time of posting,,, you mentioned "missed opportunity ""to buy at launch "

Interesting opposing viewpoints about " buy at new launch "

Lol, ya.. not all new launches of development can make money.

And the owners of waterbank quite lucky as most of them manage to buy and sell with a profit of $300K average after 3years. Waterbank was sold out in weeks, almost immediately, so people who did manage to purchased one during that time was quite lucky.

I also commented in other posts that timing will never be more important than location. Find the right place to buy with the right fundamentals as you do for all other investment.

Heng
22-06-12, 09:51
Lol, ya.. not all new launches of development can make money.

And the owners of waterbank quite lucky as most of them manage to buy and sell with a profit of $300K average after 3years. Waterbank was sold out in weeks, almost immediately, so people who did manage to purchased one during that time was quite lucky.

So many who bought at 2007 launch of reflections not lucky ??
Developer still got 282 unsold units as at end of May 2012 ....stiff competition ...

Lovelle
22-06-12, 10:00
i almost kana soft sell into buyin this one.
But with some research, you realised Heng's theory.

roly8
22-06-12, 10:09
got pple recommend me this reflection back in the 2008/2009

not bad since you got sea view + unique building structure though

but i got no $$$ to buy la :banghead:

hopeful
30-06-12, 14:28
just playing at squarefoot,
http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends-and-analysis/residential?p=reflections-at-keppel-bay
reflections has lower rental than caribbean.
how can it be?

Heng
01-07-12, 09:54
......reflections has lower rental than caribbean.
how can it be?

.........reflections has lower rental than caribbean.
how can it be?

HOW CAN IT BE ?

See previous post for details of 5 units sold in May 2012 at loss : one unit sold at more than $500k loss.

ALL the more unbelievable as these units were bought in 2007 ...during launch.......

GOING FORWARD ?

Those who buy recently must take into account SSD ( seller's stamp duty ) ....so even more difficult to sell at high prices.

Prospective buyers have to contend with ABSD ( Additional Buyer stamp duty )......many can buy but why want to pay extra ???

Especially when so many units are available for rental ? Better to rent than buy if want to enjoy the units ?

No high maintenance fees every month ...and property taxes, ....etc ...just pay the monthly rent and keep LANDLORD busy with multiple requests for servicing,,,,,,,,

DC33_2008
01-07-12, 10:48
How is the lady who owns majority of the units at one of the towers? Is she selling?
http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends-and-analysis/residential?p=reflections-at-keppel-bay
how can it be?

Astronotus oscellatus
01-07-12, 11:50
How is the lady who owns majority of the units at one of the towers? Is she selling?
Rumour has it she is trying to sell...

Heng
04-07-12, 12:30
how can it be?

Most unprofitable for owners : Reflections

source : squarefoot

In 1H2012, the most unprofitable project was
Reflections at Keppel Bay, where a total loss of $7.4m
was realised.

On the flipside, landed homes in
Serangoon Garden Estate were the most profitable
with $59m in gross profits realised,

followed by The
Quintet, an Executive Condominium that just crossed
its first 5‐year last October.

richwang
04-07-12, 21:01
http://www.zaobao.com.sg/cs/cs120704_001_1.shtml

其中吉宝湾映水苑(Reflections at Keppel Bay)屋主亏得最多,总共有27宗亏本交易,总亏损额达到740万元。

google translate:

"The Keppel Bay Keppel Bay Reflections (Reflections at Keppel Bay) homeowners afford to lose up to a total of 27 loss-making transactions, the total loss amounted to 740 million."

That's the risk of too much leverage.

Anyone has the unit numbers, we can then see whether those units are from her fire sell.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
04-07-12, 21:04
As I mentioned before, most Europeans prefer Caribbean. They don't mind something a little bit "old" (that can mean something with "history").
And they just cannot appreciate sky high buildings as "home".

Thanks,
Richard

bargain hunter
04-07-12, 21:26
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=283251&postcount=724

only managed to post these 2012 losses records in my other thread before squarefoot blocked out the unit numbers :ashamed1: :

2012-05-28 #30-73 2,207sq ft 1,677psf 2007-08-06 1,905psf -503,196
2012-05-25 #16-72 1,528sq ft 1,531psf 2007-08-06 1,745psf -326,992
2012-05-25 #16-73 1,518sq ft 1,568psf 2007-08-06 1,688psf -182,160
2012-05-25 #25-72 1,485sq ft 1,616psf 2007-08-06 1,853psf -351,945
2012-05-23 #25-73 1,410sq ft 1,560psf 2007-08-06 1,792psf -327,120
2012-04-20 #07-53 4,747sq ft 1,591psf 2007-07-09 1,923psf -1,576,004
2012-03-12 #34-72 1,141sq ft 1,848psf 2007-08-20 2,102psf -289,814
2012-01-19 #03-70 1,012sq ft 1,399psf 2007-09-17 1,513psf -115,368
2012-01-04 #29-98 2,336sq ft 1,987psf 2007-05-03 2,134psf -343,392

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/cs/cs120704_001_1.shtml

其中吉宝湾映水苑(Reflections at Keppel Bay)屋主亏得最多,总共有27宗亏本交易,总亏损额达到740万元。

google translate:

"The Keppel Bay Keppel Bay Reflections (Reflections at Keppel Bay) homeowners afford to lose up to a total of 27 loss-making transactions, the total loss amounted to 740 million."

That's the risk of too much leverage.

Anyone has the unit numbers, we can then see whether those units are from her fire sell.

Thanks,
Richard

bargain hunter
04-07-12, 21:29
also interesting to note that paying premium prices for high floors at Reflections seem to have increased the probability of suffering losses.

As I mentioned before, most Europeans prefer Caribbean. They don't mind something a little bit "old" (that can mean something with "history").
And they just cannot appreciate sky high buildings as "home".

Thanks,
Richard

starrynight
05-07-12, 11:24
New colleague just rented a unit here. 1,9xx sq ft ground floor unit with patio. Sounded like a marina-facing unit. His budget was $8,500 so I think the rent he paid is around that amount.

bargain hunter
05-07-12, 11:32
could it be one of those which keppel is leasing out?

New colleague just rented a unit here. 1,9xx sq ft ground floor unit with patio. Sounded like a marina-facing unit. His budget was $8,500 so I think the rent he paid is around that amount.

starrynight
05-07-12, 14:58
Dunno. But the agreement will cross my desk - will update then :)

dormer
06-07-12, 14:00
While u guys still discussing about investors losing money in this project.

Like it or not. Another mega size unit just transacted @ $3,198psf :doh:

AK47
06-07-12, 16:47
It is still a myth why people would pay so much more for high floors. Its a concerted effort by developers to create false precieved value.

Many projects sold their high floor at crazy prices. Those who bought the hype are still losing money.

What's so different between 10th floors over 30th floors? You still see pretty much the same stuffs but why pay 20% more?

gn108
06-07-12, 17:13
Cost of building higher? Must recover cost ma

It is still a myth why people would pay so much more for high floors. Its a concerted effort by developers to create false precieved value.

Many projects sold their high floor at crazy prices. Those who bought the hype are still losing money.

What's so different between 10th floors over 30th floors? You still see pretty much the same stuffs but why pay 20% more?

dormer
06-07-12, 17:23
I don't think this high price is due to high floor unit.

This unit should be a low floor villa of 3000+sqft size that is overlooking the Sentosa.

teddybear
06-07-12, 21:30
Low floor got mosquitoes, house flies, night flies, lizards, cockroaches, and more noisy? Also low floors many blocked by neighbouring blocks? Low floor hotter and less wind? :beats-me-man:

Heng
07-07-12, 08:42

$3.7m for 30th floor is only $1,676 psf :: quite ok compared with lower floor psf ???

30-732207$1,67614/05/2012$3,700,00025-731410$1,56011/05/2012$2,200,00025-721485$1,61614/05/2012$2,400,00018-851496$1,83115/05/2012$2,739,00016-731518$1,56814/05/2012$2,380,00016-721528$1,53114/05/2012$2,340,00015-721518$1,51514/05/2012$2,300,00011-751206$1,58819/04/2012$1,914,77011-751206$1,58819/04/2012$1,914,77009-961389$1,75726/04/2012$2,440,00007-151119$1,56422/05/2012$1,750,00006-521055$1,57324/04/2012$1,660,00005-941012$1,66028/05/2012$1,680,00004-791313$1,59020/04/2012$2,087,65003-981012$1,63030/05/2012$1,650,00003-661851$1,77223/04/2012$3,280,550

richwang
07-07-12, 09:01
Reformatted. Clearly the owner of #XX-72, #XX-73 has sold lots of units in May. Thanks, Richard

#30-73, 2207 sqft, $1,676 psf, 14/05/2012, $3,700,000;
#25-73, 1410 sqft, $1,560 psf, 11/05/2012, $2,200,000;
#25-72, 1485 sqft, $1,616 psf, 14/05/2012, $2,400,000;
#18-85, 1496 sqft, $1,831 psf, 15/05/2012, $2,739,000;
#16-73, 1518 sqft, $1,568 psf, 14/05/2012, $2,380,000;
#16-72, 1528 sqft, $1,531 psf, 14/05/2012, $2,340,000;
#15-72, 1518 sqft, $1,515 psf, 14/05/2012, $2,300,000;
#11-75, 1206 sqft, $1,588 psf, 19/04/2012, $1,914,770;
#09-96, 1389 sqft, $1,757 psf, 26/04/2012, $2,440,000;
#07-15, 1119 sqft, $1,564 psf, 22/05/2012, $1,750,000;
#06-52, 1055 sqft, $1,573 psf, 24/04/2012, $1,660,000;
#05-94, 1012 sqft, $1,660 psf, 28/05/2012, $1,680,000;
#04-79, 1313 sqft, $1,590 psf, 20/04/2012, $2,087,650;
#03-98, 1012 sqft, $1,630 psf, 30/05/2012, $1,650,000;
#03-66, 1851 sqft, $1,772 psf, 23/04/2012, $3,280,550.

hyenergix
07-07-12, 09:21
Reformatted. Clearly the owner of #XX-72, #XX-73 has sold lots of units in May. Thanks, Richard

The taiwan lady?

richwang
07-07-12, 09:23
#30-73, 2207 sqft, $1,905 psf, 28/05/2012, $4,205,000.

S$4,205,000 - S$3,700,000 = $505,000

The transactions are within 2 weeks.
This must be an agent, no need to come up with capital, no need to pay agent fees.
Apart from normal Stamp duty, does the agent need to pay SSD, ABSD?

The agent has exercised the Option, but before enter into Sales & Purchase Agreement. So he has never "owned" the unit.
And then quickly sold to the real buyer.
Does he need to pay SSD since he has never been a "owner"?

This will open the door to flip (very fast flip).

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
07-07-12, 09:51

The first transaction was indeed in 2007,
The second transaction was in 2012.
The loss is half a million for the first owner.

Thanks,
Richard

cartman
07-07-12, 11:09
The taiwan lady?

was told the taiwan lady bought block 1A, stacks 75-79. anyone knows if keppel has issued keys to all buyers? or are there a lot more buyers waiting to collect their keys?

Heng
07-07-12, 11:55
Reformatted. Thanks, Richard

Richard, can teach me how you reformat ?

thanks

from URA website : Reflections still got 282 units unsold. So resales will likely hover around $1,5XX ???

1,129 -847 282

bargain hunter
08-07-12, 16:04
all the sellers who lost money in 2012 bought in 2007.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=283251&postcount=724

only managed to post these 2012 losses records in my other thread before squarefoot blocked out the unit numbers :ashamed1: :

2012-05-25 #16-72 1,528sq ft 1,531psf 2007-08-06 1,745psf -326,992
2012-05-25 #16-73 1,518sq ft 1,568psf 2007-08-06 1,688psf -182,160
2012-05-25 #25-72 1,485sq ft 1,616psf 2007-08-06 1,853psf -351,945
2012-05-23 #25-73 1,410sq ft 1,560psf 2007-08-06 1,792psf -327,120
2012-04-20 #07-53 4,747sq ft 1,591psf 2007-07-09 1,923psf -1,576,004
2012-03-12 #34-72 1,141sq ft 1,848psf 2007-08-20 2,102psf -289,814
2012-01-19 #03-70 1,012sq ft 1,399psf 2007-09-17 1,513psf -115,368
2012-01-04 #29-98 2,336sq ft 1,987psf 2007-05-03 2,134psf -343,392

yowetan
08-07-12, 16:07
all the sellers who lost money in 2012 bought in 2007.

Hi. Those who bought in 2007 was the launch of Keppel Bay?

richwang
08-07-12, 17:57
1997 was a peak,
2007 another peak,
2017 ?? do we need to wait for so long for the next peak?

And you can see, once rental cannot cover monthly payment, high end owners don't have the holding power. (Who says half a million real loss is nothing?)

Thanks,
Richard

hyenergix
08-07-12, 18:29
1997 was a peak,
2007 another peak,

And you can see, once rental cannot cover monthly payment, high end owners don't have the holding power. (Who says half a million real loss is nothing?)

Thanks,
Richard

Lease is running down.

sh
08-07-12, 20:24
1997 was a peak,
2007 another peak,

Thanks,
Richard

Huat till 2017!:cheers1: Then can drop 50% after go up 100%.... :D

starrynight
09-07-12, 14:15
Just saw the lease doc. Owner is a private Indon couple.

I don't know the details of how it happened, but the landlord agreed to a price which is some hundred dollars lower than what my colleague was willing to pay. I guess our agent put in a slightly lower offer, and the landlord immediately accepted. Maybe cos the landlord is desperate to get a tenant, and did not want to bargain for fear of losing the "bird in hand"?

bargain hunter
09-07-12, 16:22
i thought indonesians rich, no need rental also can leave unit empty? :ashamed1:

Just saw the lease doc. Owner is a private Indon couple.

I don't know the details of how it happened, but the landlord agreed to a price which is some hundred dollars lower than what my colleague was willing to pay. I guess our agent put in a slightly lower offer, and the landlord immediately accepted. Maybe cos the landlord is desperate to get a tenant, and did not want to bargain for fear of losing the "bird in hand"?

Heng
11-07-12, 09:10

Thanks,
Richard

Resale psf now more attractive than buying direct from developer ?

around $1,500 psf or less ?

23###15-72size1,518sq ft,,,,,$1,515psf,,,,,14/05/2012amount$2,300,000….....
23###16-72size1,528sq ft,,,,,$1,531psf,,,,,14/05/2012amount$2,340,000….....
25###04-79size1,313sq ft,,,,,$1,480psf,,,,,19/03/2012amount$1,943,240….....
23###03-70size1,012sq ft,,,,,$1,513psf,,,,,01/03/2012amount$1,530,900….....
25###14-75size1,152sq ft,,,,,$1,432psf,,,,,20/02/2012amount$1,650,000….....
25###03-79size1,324sq ft,,,,,$1,473psf,,,,,09/02/2012amount$1,950,000….....
31###04-90size1,302sq ft,,,,,$1,495psf,,,,,17/01/2012amount$1,946,700….....
25###07-75size1,270sq ft,,,,,$1,557psf,,,,,09/01/2012amount$1,977,200….....
23###03-70size1,012sq ft,,,,,$1,399psf,,,,,06/01/2012amount$1,415,400….....
31###11-93size,,818sq ft,,,,,,$1,558psf,,,,,,06/01/2012amount$1,274,400….....
31###06-93size,,872sq ft,,,,,,$1,393psf,,,,,04/01/2012amount$1,214,343….....

focus
12-07-12, 17:28
Huat till 2017!:cheers1: Then can drop 50% after go up 100%.... :D

1997 is peak, 2007 is peak.. so 2017 is peak.
But in between, there is a big drop and then stay sideways.
So now the question is "was 2009 the big drop and 2012-2014 is the sideway trend before the explosive uptrend?"

Heng
16-07-12, 14:25
do we need to wait for so long for the next peak?

And you can see, once rental cannot cover monthly payment, high end owners don't have the holding power.
Thanks,
Richard

Villa unit #08-18 June 2012 sold at loss by first owner
=========================================

Sold on : 2012-06-27

Address : #08-18
Unit area (sq ft) : 1,076
Sale price : 1,749($psf)
-----------------------
Bought on :2007-08-27
Purchase price ($psf) : 1,829 psf

LOSS ($) -$86,080
=================

5 #08-18 sold for $1,883,000

East Coast Boy
02-08-12, 17:49
Increase in sales of HDB resale flats and Private properties

Demand for property is still going strong. So strong it might have already overpowered the attempts by the government to cool the market. Now it remains to be seen if the recent moves to restrict subletting of HDB flats for permanent residents will lower prices in this sector.
More buyers have snapped up resale Housing Board flats and condo units in the second quarter even as prices have reached record highs. Experts said this marks a reversal in the resale market that had seen a downward trend in transaction volume in previous quarters. They added that reasons ranged from pent-up demand, to lowercash premiums asked by sellers of HDB flats. On the private-property front, the 3,487 resale transactions in the second quarter, up from 2,206 in the first, represented a rise of close to 60per cent. HDB resale deals rose 19 per cent to 7,011 from 5,892.

PropNex chief executive Mohamed Ismail said the wait- and-see attitude adopted by buyers due to the Government’s cooling measures – including the additional buyers stamp duty – seems to have dissipated. ‘It appears that the strength of property demand has outweighed concerns over the slowing economy, the worrying global economic situation and the dampening effect of multiple rounds of government measures,’ he said.

ERA Realty key executive officer Eugene Lim noted that buyers who are not going for expensive, new, top-end condo units in the suburban areas are instead turning to the core central area and ‘finding good bargains’. Citing an example, he said an 800sqft apartment at the 99-year-leasehold Watertown in Punggol recently sold for $1.1 million.

Brisk sales for private homes,

Brisk sales by developers for private homes continued last week. In the CBD, United Industrial Corporation (UIC) is said to have moved close to 50 units at its V on Shenton project, taking total sales in the project to over 140 units. The 54-storey tower was launched on 20 July with 190 out of its …

China home prices rise for 2nd month in July,
AUGUST 2, 2012
The average home price in China’s 100 major cities edged up in July for the second consecutive month, reinforcing signs of a recovery in the property market even as the government seeks to spur broader economic growth, a private sector survey showed on Wednesday. The average price of 8, 717 yuan (S$1,700) per square metre in … Continue reading

Australian house prices enjoy surprise rise in Q2,
AUGUST 2, 2012
House prices in Australia’s major cities recorded a surprise increase last quarter, the first in more than a year and perhaps an early sign that recent cuts in interest rates are stabilising demand in what has been a very subdued market. Wednesday’s figures from the government showed prices for established houses in the major cities … Continue reading

hanafi_d2000
11-08-12, 22:14
Is there another plot near Reflections that may be a condo launch soon?

earthling
11-08-12, 23:02
Yes, it will be a waterfront project of 367 high-end homes along the historic King's Dock, and nearest to Harbourfront, designed by Daniel Libeskind, the architect behind Reflections at Keppel Bay. :)

http://www.kepcorp.com/en/news_item.aspx?sid=3274

http://www.heintges.com/project.php?...pel-bay-plot-3 (http://www.heintges.com/project.php?id=keppel-bay-plot-3)

Vincegoh
13-08-12, 12:50
Yes, it will be a waterfront project of 367 high-end homes along the historic King's Dock, and nearest to Harbourfront, designed by Daniel Libeskind, the architect behind Reflections at Keppel Bay. :)

http://www.kepcorp.com/en/news_item.aspx?sid=3274

http://www.heintges.com/project.php?...pel-bay-plot-3 (http://www.heintges.com/project.php?id=keppel-bay-plot-3)

completion date slated for 2013. :scared-4:

earthling
13-08-12, 20:51
Developer still waiting for the right time to launch Plot 3? :beats-me-man:

East Coast Boy
16-08-12, 16:20
Sub Sales unit...
29 Keppel Bay View #24-XX SVL 2,432 $7,000k $2,877psf Jul 28, 2012

blackjack21trader
25-09-12, 19:03
Sub Sales unit...
29 Keppel Bay View #24-XX SVL 2,432 $7,000k $2,877psf Jul 28, 2012

This buyer will jump to the roof when it hits over S$3000psf next month.

minority
07-10-12, 13:42
Always liked this project.

Heng
08-10-12, 09:25
No rush... if you like ..

still got close to 269 unsold units with developer...

as seen in latest available search from URA website.

see attached gif from ura search as of today

Riverund
08-10-12, 10:04
Hi, understand there's a developer penalty for unsold units 2yrs after TOP?

Does anyone know how much is the penalty and when does it kicks in?

Wonder how this condo will be affected as it has top for close to a year now?

minority
08-10-12, 18:22
No rush... if you like ..

still got close to 269 unsold units with developer...

as seen in latest available search from URA website.

see attached gif from ura search as of today

Waiting. Wats developing asking now?

bargain hunter
16-10-12, 13:41
13 more units sold by developer in sep at 1841psf median. there are still affordable units available from developer it seems?

Waiting. Wats developing asking now?

minority
17-10-12, 12:41
Good to know. Will explore bur rentl is pretty weak now

mygeemeel
17-10-12, 13:01
Curious. Why would potential buyers buy this at say $1,8xx psf when there are more choices (subsale) in better locations? Share your thoughts?

zeamybro
17-10-12, 13:47
靠山面海 .... is well sought by those who believe in fengshui?

Fantastic seaview (to each his own) without noise pollution from ECP (unlike those in east coast)?

carbuncle
17-10-12, 13:53

Fantastic seaview (to each his own) without noise pollution from ECP (unlike those in east coast)?

Your next target bro?

focus
17-10-12, 13:55

agreed. If not for the 99LH, these will be sold out at launch.
You must go to the showroom to experience the real bay-side living especially the villas.

zeamybro
17-10-12, 14:35
Your next target bro?

Oops haha, you can really read ppl's mind. But wondering if developer will lower the prices

DC33_2008
17-10-12, 14:37
Go to the keppel by the margina for dining and exprerience the marina.
agreed. If not for the 99LH, these will be sold out at launch.
You must go to the showroom to experience the real bay-side living especially the villas.

carbuncle
17-10-12, 15:17
Oops haha, you can really read ppl's mind. But wondering if developer will lower the prices

buy up half a tower. sure no problem

zeamybro
17-10-12, 17:46
buy up half a tower. sure no problem

Ya possible only in my dreams.

But The Caribbeans was indeed my dream home many yrs ago when i was still an undergrad, but now no more.

East Lover
13-11-12, 07:36

Went to Henderson wave last Sunday. From on birdge, this project looks so outstanding.

Immediately chech guru :ashamed1: the living hall looks so spacious!

Still have so many unsold?

zeamybro
13-11-12, 12:46
Went to Henderson wave last Sunday. From on birdge, this project looks so outstanding.

Immediately chech guru :ashamed1: the living hall looks so spacious!

Still have so many unsold?

I think easily 200-250 unsold units

DC33_2008
13-11-12, 13:38
Waiting for correction and fire sale here. :D

focus
13-11-12, 14:09
Waiting for correction and fire sale here. :D

This project is the most unprofitable.. A lot of losses and lousy profits.
But check out this guy.. Bought in 2012 and within 2 mths, sold at the 600k profit , annuallised is 180%!..lol.. the rest annualised ist <5%.

http://i45.tinypic.com/xaw2dz.png

And the unprofitable sales.. and counting... Almost all the transactions were those who bought IN YEAR 2007.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2pqnewh.png

Ringo33
13-11-12, 14:18
transaction on #30-73 a little fishy leh. Did agent did a double agent on the seller? 56days holding period make over 600K, no SSD meh?

DC33_2008
13-11-12, 14:19
That is why goortolans wait for the price to drop further to enter.

chestnut
13-11-12, 17:29
Focus, but his 16% SSD siong man.

price
13-11-12, 17:49
Focus, but his 16% SSD siong man.
I think this guy made a lost.

sale price of $4.334m, 16% SSD = $693,527.

Purchase price was $3.701m + SD @ $105,634.

Net loss = $165,752.

Still havent add lawyer fee, bank charges, agent fees, maintenance fees etc.

focus
13-11-12, 18:34
Oh ya... I forgot about the 16% SSD and whatnots..

So if that's the case.. alot of profitable transactions become unprofitable loh..

Means a lot of people are not making money if they buy in 2007 or even 2011 and 2012 and they are selling now (even with a price increase) after SSD and ABSD.

So now is ...no choice have to hold..

minority
13-11-12, 18:55
I like this project . Waiting for firesales! ;)

East Lover
13-11-12, 20:22
I like this project . Waiting for firesales! ;)
Me too :D By the way, where is the developer's sales office?

I like big project for own stay, more facility, more space to move around.

Only one thing.... Given such 张牙舞爪outlook, fengshui good or not ?? And, so many ppl bought at big lose, maybe due to fengshui issue?:confused:

Rysk
13-11-12, 20:59

You should ask.. Where is the developer's fire sales office.. :D

hyenergix
13-11-12, 21:04
Only if it had been FH.

East Lover
13-11-12, 21:11
Only if it had been FH.
Then 3 bedder will sell at 3 mil instead of 2 mil :D ,

East Lover
13-11-12, 21:13
You should ask.. Where is the developer's fire sales office.. :D
Now OCR everywhere selling like hot cake, why this so called designer piece must go for fire sale?

Maybe ang moh doesn't know fend shui?? :D

CCR
13-11-12, 21:24

Only one thing.... Given such 张牙舞爪outlook, fengshui good or not ?? And, so many ppl bought at big lose, maybe due to fengshui issue?:confused:

I find thisproject too much landscaping....
Not enough facilities...

Only one function room for 1100 units? And two relatively small pools tht all....

East Lover
13-11-12, 21:29
Not enough facilities...

Only one function room for 1100 units? And two relatively small pools tht all....
Really? Haven't been there yet, but was attracted by her unique outlook in Henderson wave :o

How far to vivocity? Agent say walking distance? :scared-5:

radha08
13-11-12, 22:25
Really? Haven't been there yet, but was attracted by her unique outlook in Henderson wave :o

if u got strong legs...:D...can walk...:scared-4:

lifeline
13-11-12, 22:28

my friend takes the shuttle.

carbuncle
13-11-12, 22:42
http://instagr.am/p/R-aBFEsmp5/

carbuncle
13-11-12, 22:54
was just admiring it today frm Henderson Wave

Noexit
14-11-12, 07:23
From far is alway the desgin that attracted a lot ppls but inside wonder how the common facilities and layout like and not all the units will have the good view as well. :banghead:

was just admiring it today frm Henderson Wave

earthling
14-11-12, 10:03

Why don't you go down and take a look for yourself? I'm no fengshui master, but with the whole project facing the sea and backed by mountain, how wrong can it go?

Btw, how many GENUINE waterfront projects are there in Singapore currently? Can the bro/sis here help to make a list? Thanks in advance. :)

I'm not refering to those projects with "water", "river", "sea" and "bay" in their names. :tsk-tsk: (No offence intended)

Noexit
14-11-12, 10:08
On paper looking at the location it look great but once you go down you will get the answer that is why so many investors were turn away to other project and looking at the past years, this project had an hard time selling till now and recently start to hear some fire sales where the owner selling below their purchuse purchuse maybe they are the lot whom purchase directly without viewing the site. :cheers5:

Why don't you go down and take a look for yourself? I'm no fengshui master, but with the whole project facing the sea and backed by mountain, how wrong can it go?

Btw, how many GENUINE waterfront projects are there in Singapore currently? Can the bro/sis here help to make a list? Thanks in advance. :)

I'm not refering to those projects with "water", "river", "sea" and "bay" in their names. :tsk-tsk: (No offence intended)

earthling
14-11-12, 10:26
On paper looking at the location it look great but once you go down you will get the answer that is why so many investors were turn away to other project and looking at the past years, this project had an hard time selling till now and recently start to hear some fire sales where the owner selling below their purchuse purchuse maybe they are the lot whom purchase directly without viewing the site. :cheers5:

I actually went down to view a few times and liked the project and site. However, the 3 bedder are out of my budget. :(

Could you share why many investors were turn away? Thanks.

What do you think of this project compared to Carribean?

bakasa2002
14-11-12, 10:44
Not enough facilities...

I agree on the part of landscaping ... I see teams of hydroculture people working at various part of the place when I was taking a tour ... It really makes me wonder how much the maintenance will be with so much lights, flora, sky-bridges, water features and art pieces ... ;)

Noexit
14-11-12, 10:53
Hee cannot say too obviousily here else be unfair for those who already bought. Anyway that my own judgement on the physical surrounding. I think property agents will know why, U can call and pretend you want to buy and ask them why. :hell-hath-no-fury:

I actually went down to view a few times and liked the project and site. However, the 3 bedder are out of my budget. :(

Could you share why many investors were turn away? Thanks.

What do you think of this project compared to Carribean?

earthling
14-11-12, 11:00
Hee cannot say too obviousily here else be unfair for those who already bought. Anyway that my own judgement on the physical surrounding. I think property agents will know why, U can call and pretend you want to buy and ask them why. :hell-hath-no-fury:

I think it's ok as each has his own opinion, preference and judgement.

Are you refering to the golf course lease which will end in 2022?

Noexit
14-11-12, 11:13
I though the plan already out and the future developement and land sales of that area which will be heavily affecting on the residential project there and although will be more private but commerical value for that location will be dropping and was raised concern in TV before with expert from one of the property agent explained before that why U can see the recent fire sales there and existing owner don't even mind to sell below their purchase price just to cash that out. :hell-hath-no-fury:

I think it's ok as each has his own opinion, preference and judgement.

Are you refering to the golf course lease which will end in 2022?

bargain hunter
14-11-12, 15:35
if u stay in the tower blocks, it is difficult to walk to the main road. alternatively, u can walk out of the side gate onto the promonade and walk around the side of carribean. but seriously, its a long walk to vivocity.

this project's land shape is rather odd, carribean is a nice flat rectangular piece of land. agree with CCR, too much landscaping "wasted" the land, could have made the facilities better. 2 relatively small pools vs a big grand pool when u walk into carribean, the feeling is different. my friend's 2 bedder is costing him $500 per month in maintenence. so......good luck! :)

newbie11
14-11-12, 16:06
went to view. odd layouts la.. tower block windows can only open that much. wind also cannot come in.. and windows are heavy!

2br left grd flr. 01-44! huat ah!

DaytonaSS
14-11-12, 18:13
went to view. odd layouts la.. tower block windows can only open that much. wind also cannot come in.. and windows are heavy!

2br left grd flr. 01-44! huat ah!

go for the lower units on ground lvl one. Super nice in my opinoin. The ones nearer to the "cannal" facing Caribbeans at 45 degress facing is very nice. Esp the ground lvl units.

chestnut
14-11-12, 18:20
go for the lower units on ground lvl one. Super nice in my opinoin. The ones nearer to the "cannal" facing Caribbeans at 45 degress facing is very nice. Esp the ground lvl units.

U know how big and how much?

Laguna
14-11-12, 18:25
Land cost to Keppel is minimum, so they can hold the unsold units without problem.

Those good units are the villa facing the water, but quite noisy with the sea traffic.

Tower, only one or two stacks without the big column inside...all others have big big columns.

Not all units are sea facing and mountain backing. Those facing mountain /golf course and back sea then with lousy feng shui then

Forgot to add, this project had one of the most expensive show flat $12m

carbuncle
14-11-12, 19:09
so this is another case of nice to look at from outside bad to eat inside?

zeamybro
14-11-12, 20:30
so this is another case of nice to look at from outside bad to eat inside?

I find the interior quite decent compared with many other projects so I duno why some feel its lousy. But indeed the big pillar inside the masterbed room is irritating, but some will feel the pillar is good cos got 靠山 if u place yr furniture correctly. The seaview is of cos fantastic but too bad the windows cannot be opened fully, just a small angle.

Noexit
14-11-12, 21:11
I think this project was featured in some of the fengshui talk that this are like big sword been stabbed into the heart of the main master heart and will affect the main owner health in years to come. :banghead: anyway just what I saw pple commented and use as a case study in properties talk seminar before

I find the interior quite decent compared with many other projects so I duno why some feel its lousy. But indeed the big pillar inside the masterbed room is irritating, but some will feel the pillar is good cos got 靠山 if u place yr furniture correctly. The seaview is of cos fantastic but too bad the windows cannot be opened fully, just a small angle.

singaporecondo99
05-12-12, 00:55
The show flat for plot 3 has been completed recently. It looks like another typical multi million show flat, well hidden next to the previous reflections show flat. Not many ppl will notice it unless you drive into marina keppel bay. I heard Keppel is planning for Q1 2013 launch, targeted at an avg psf much higher than Reflections. It is also designed by the same architect. Plot 3 include the completion of final stretch of promenade to Vivocity. The promenade in plot 3 is already lit up at night. :cheers4: Good news for owners in keppel bay ! The launch will pull the prices up.

minority
05-12-12, 11:46
It will be interesting to see how much more the price cab be lifted. But at least it would lend some support to the reflection pricing

omega
13-01-13, 10:51
Anyone owns a 2 bedder there? How is it?

Also, would there be any new launch along this stretch?

singaporecondo99
14-01-13, 22:38
Anyone owns a 2 bedder there? How is it?

Also, would there be any new launch along this stretch?

Keppel Plot 3 besides Harbour Front is the next launch along the stretch. Showflat is built and ready but I guess likely launch will delay to next quarter due to the latest cooling measure. The promenade of this new launch will form the last stretch to join the waterview promenade from Vivocity to Reflections. Keep a look out for this launch !

hyenergix
15-01-13, 06:32
Keppel Plot 3 besides Harbour Front is the next launch along the stretch. Showflat is built and ready but I guess likely launch will delay to next quarter due to the latest cooling measure. The promenade of this new launch will form the last stretch to join the waterview promenade from Vivocity to Reflections. Keep a look out for this launch !

99LH? Lease is running down leh...

kane
15-01-13, 07:50
Can they top up the lease one more time before they start building the project.

singaporecondo99
17-01-13, 22:27
Finally, LTA confirm Harbourfront to connect to Marina Bay to close the loop of circle line before 2025. Let's see what will become of the old bus terminal opposite Vivocity

sh
19-01-13, 18:19
Finally, LTA confirm Harbourfront to connect to Marina Bay to close the loop of circle line before 2025. Let's see what will become of the old bus terminal opposite Vivocity

Nothing will happen, continuation will be from the existing circle line. No additional station or platform...

It's about time... After getting the train station back from Malaysia....Not point benefiting Malaysia if the circle line was compete....

singaporecondo99
21-01-13, 23:58
Nothing will happen, continuation will be from the existing circle line. No additional station or platform...

It's about time... After getting the train station back from Malaysia....Not point benefiting Malaysia if the circle line was compete....

Don't understand you. It's confirm as Circle Line Stage 6, to be completed before 2025.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/public-transport/projects/circle-line-stage-6.html

Keppel port lease runs out in 2023. It's all part of the plan. Marina Bay-Tanjong Pagar-Keppel will be the next major development in the next 15 years. Construction work has already started in Marina Bay/Keppel area. Take a look at URA Master Plan in URA building when you are free.

Sentosa Cove is a long term investment, those facing sea, terminals in Palau Brani and Keppel will no longer see the cranes in the next 20 yrs. It will be a transformed landscape.

East Coast Boy
25-01-13, 18:10
On Jan 24, Keppel Land, the property arm of Keppel, clarified that Reflections @ Keppel Bay is exempted from conditions set out in the Qualifying Certificate under the Residential Property Act as the land was acquired in 2005. Keppel Land plans to hold on to 156 unit for rental, 87 out of a total of 1,129 units are still unsold.

Ringo33
25-01-13, 18:18
On Jan 24, Keppel Land, the property arm of Keppel, clarified that Reflections @ Keppel Bay is exempted from conditions set out in the Qualifying Certificate under the Residential Property Act as the land was acquired in 2005. Keppel Land plans to hold on to 156 unit for rental, 87 out of a total of 1,129 units are still unsold.

clocks ticking. 10 years = 10% lease gone

East Coast Boy
25-01-13, 19:26
clocks ticking. 10 years = 10% lease gone

Developer: Keppel Bay Pte Ltd Tenure of land: 99 years w.e.f 15 March 2006 Developer's Licence No: C0167 Lot No: 234X, 239V and 3039V of Mukim 1 Expected Date of Vacant Possession: 30 June 2013 Expected Date of Legal Completion:30 June 2016 Building Plan Approval No: A1182-00004-2000-BP01 (21/03/2007)/A1182-00004-2000-BP02 (29/10/2007)/A1182-00004-2000-BP03 (16/03/2008)/A1182-00004-2000-BP04 (23/03/2010)/A1182-00004-2000-BP05 (27/10/2011) © 2013 Keppel Land International Limited.
All rights reserved. Disclaimer

starrynight
04-02-13, 20:47
Photos:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8469/8443772571_7fb8b40ca3_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8474/8444860942_9eac6bee30_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8229/8443771963_c33e112df7_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8048/8444860280_c08dac7265_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8095/8444859940_fc0bc4c36e_z.jpg

The yacht has a helicopter on it!
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8085/8444859412_a26a9f3357_z.jpg

newbie11
04-02-13, 21:21
eh the yacht is still there? saw it few months ago.. probably staying at reflections or carribean..

Laguna
04-02-13, 21:25
dreaming for a villa there

electron
04-02-13, 21:29
Starrynight, the photos you take are really beautiful!

starrynight
04-02-13, 22:31
Starrynight, the photos you take are really beautiful!

Thanks! I have no patience, but a good eye :)

eh the yacht is still there? saw it few months ago.. probably staying at reflections or carribean..

It was still there as of 3 weeks ago. Keppel Bay Marina has some nice boats visiting from time to time. I saw the Adastra (google it!) and the Johnnie Walker yacht too.

dreaming for a villa there

Half of the big villa units at the best block still look empty, so maybe there's a chance for a bargain at some point :o Hope I don't get flamed by the other forummers.

starrynight
04-02-13, 22:39
Electron, this one's for you :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8223/8445146332_398b510f90_b.jpg

leesg123
04-02-13, 23:44
I saw the Reflection when on ECP AYE route. At first didnt know tat is the famed Reflection. It caught my attention no doubt, but not a good way. I was thinking, "holy s%%% wat an ugly piece of work! Wat is the development?" Just a personal opinion.

august
05-02-13, 00:11
I saw the Reflection when on ECP AYE route. At first didnt know tat is the famed Reflection. It caught my attention no doubt, but not a good way. I was thinking, "holy s%%% wat an ugly piece of work! Wat is the development?" Just a personal opinion.

ah but it caught your attention.. while there are too many projects out there that wont even catch your attention. :o

earthling
05-02-13, 09:24
Found this pic from another forum...

leesg123
05-02-13, 09:44
Found this pic from another forum...Yucks, seriously, very ugly piece of work.

minority
05-02-13, 10:35
Yucks, seriously, very ugly piece of work.

it might be fugly. but u cant deny that its unique. ;)

for me its nice. I like fugly stuff.

jacelynchia
05-02-13, 12:55
My opinion, an incredible piece of art.:)

Too bad art always comes with staggering price tag, if we could afford this, seriously, why not?

flxcat
05-02-13, 13:07
Personal preference. I find reflections is the nicest among the other renown architects designed condo in Singapore so far.
Plus the waterfront locality it just makes it more appealing.

electron
05-02-13, 13:11
Electron, this one's for you :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8223/8445146332_398b510f90_b.jpg
Really pretty at night!

newbie11
05-02-13, 13:14
walking the grounds at night is very serene and pleasant.

singaporecondo99
05-02-13, 17:24
Keppel Island - Plot 1 to 6 is part of the master plan of South Waterfront City announced by govt. It is all part of the master plan to link HabourFront - Keppel Station - Marina Bay stations to expand the CBD fringe to form the south waterfront belt.

Once the terminals from tanjong pagar and palau brani start shifting and clearing, the south actually has tremendous potential with huge land facing the sea directly.

Those staying near telok blangah area, hold on to your HDBs !

earthling
06-02-13, 00:12
Keppel Island - Plot 1 to 6 is part of the master plan of South Waterfront City announced by govt. It is all part of the master plan to link HabourFront - Keppel Station - Marina Bay stations to expand the CBD fringe to form the south waterfront belt.

Once the terminals from tanjong pagar and palau brani start shifting and clearing, the south actually has tremendous potential with huge land facing the sea directly.

Those staying near telok blangah area, hold on to your HDBs !

Telok Blangah Estate is at the other side (non sea facing) of Mt. Faber with the exception of Telok Blangah Heights. Some of the flats are approching 40 years in a few years' time. By 2030, they will be 50+ so chances of SERS very high?

Not forgetting HDBs at Spottiswode, Cantonment, Tanjong Pagar and even Bukit Purmei will also benefit from the formation of South Waterfront Belt. The land left behind by the container terminals will most likely be used for commercial and private residential areas.

Yes! The strategically located southern coast, where modern Singapore is born, is rich in history and definitely a place to watch out for. :cheers4:

earthling
06-02-13, 00:46
Coming home via yacht anybody? :rolleyes:

babyt
06-02-13, 08:49
i find Reflection very ugly. too industrialised and pointy. like some robotic insect feet/fang sticking out.

flxcat
01-03-13, 20:29
Just received an SMS, it mentioned that there is up to 29% discount for this project.

A sign that big expensive units(hopefully 2 bedder also have 29% discount :D ) are not moving and need a boost, or feeling the pressure from capitalland big discount, so have to follow suit to move their own units?

Seems like cash is really king soon!

DC33_2008
02-03-13, 09:10
Do they provide the indicative units? Not sure if it is just a gimmick.
Just received an SMS, it mentioned that there is up to 29% discount for this project.

A sign that big expensive units(hopefully 2 bedder also have 29% discount :D ) are not moving and need a boost, or feeling the pressure from capitalland big discount, so have to follow suit to move their own units?

Seems like cash is really king soon!

kane
02-03-13, 09:27
what's the price after discount?

flxcat
02-03-13, 11:48
Do they provide the indicative units? Not sure if it is just a gimmick.

Never call the agent as I believe are for bigger units. Even 2bedder, also out of reach.

singaporecondo99
16-03-13, 22:43
2 bedders, including those facing non sea facing, already sold out long ago in 2007.

I think the developer left big units - 4 rooms & penthouse. 6-19 million ?

starrynight
18-03-13, 18:11
Was in the vicinity last night and today. The most expensive villa block with the units facing the sea appear totally unoccupied. For the tower blocks it looks like only 30% of the units have their lights on on any given evening.

I still think it looks very nice :)