PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln Suites (D11, Freehold, Koh Brothers / Heeton / KSH / Lian Beng)

Pages : [1] 2

mr funny
12-09-08, 11:38
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,296625,00.html?

Published September 12, 2008

High-end home market going off the boil

Developers are testing the market to see if their projects will sell

By UMA SHANKARI

MOST developers are still holding off launching luxury condominiums, but a few projects are slowly being put on the market.

Frasers Centrepoint has launched and sold about 30 units at its 302-unit Martin Place Residences, with apartments going for about $1,800 per square foot (psf) on average.

Martin Place Residences is in the River Valley neighbourhood in District 9.

And nearby, SC Global Developments said last week it had released and sold 30 apartments in its Martin No 38, which has 91 units in total.

The average price fetched was $2,130 psf, with sales coming at $1,881-$2,494 psf.

Developers are pushing out luxury condo projects cautiously, with most releasing them in small phases.

Many are also trying to test the market to see if their high-end homes will sell and gauge how much buyers will be willing to pay.

Yesterday, the en-bloc purchasers of Lincoln Lodge said they will be launching the new development on the site - Lincoln Suites - by early next year.

But the developers - Koh Brothers, Heeton Holdings, KSH Holdings and Lian Beng Group, which each have an equal stake in the project - will only release some of the project's 175 units in the first phase.

And current residents of Lincoln Lodge will probably be allowed to stay in their homes well into next year.

'We are not going to launch all the units at one go,' said Francis Koh, chief executive of Koh Brothers. 'The price will be determined by buyers' willingness to buy.'

Prices will be similar to or 'even lower than' comparable projects nearby, Mr Koh said.

Units in the newly-built nearby development, Park Infinia at Wee Nam, are going for $1,300-$1,600, property consultants said.

The consortium bought Lincoln Lodge for $243 million, or $1,449 psf per plot ratio, including an estimated development charge of $413,000, in June last year at the height of the en bloc frenzy.

They then decided to hold off tearing down the existing project, and have instead allowed occupants to keep renting apartments for at least six months from the sale completion date in July this year.

Now, the showflat for Lincoln Suites will be built with Lincoln Lodge still standing.

Depending on the market response, the leases of the tenants could be extended past January next year.

break even?
12-09-08, 16:44
they bought at 1446 psf.
given construction cost of 400 psf,
they have to break even around 1900psf,
don't they?

break even
12-09-08, 16:48
sorry, 1449 psf.

so if they don't sell at least 1900 psf,

they will lose money?
what is an estimated construction cost for
a condo like lincoln suites?
I heard high end construction cost is like 500 - 600psf
am I right?

Confused
17-09-08, 08:49
Really confused.

How can they sell at 2k+ psf?

Now I have a philosophical question:

If developers hold tight to their high prices and do not lower then does it mean that market prices cannot drop - for new apts at least?

Real Estate Pundit
17-09-08, 09:32
Any developer can ask for whatever price they want......it is up to the general public to determine if they want to buy from the developer.

Why bother with an unknown, unseen, unbuilt development when you can find sellers trying to hawk off units at Park Infinia that will give you immediate occupation? Some sellers are only asking around $1350psf mid floor while high floors are transacting at $1550psf.

Don't forget that a lot of owners bought units here at around $850 to $1100psf in 2006 and early 2007. Even if they unload now at a depressed market....they will still pocket a tidy sum.

cherrycreek
17-09-08, 12:32
Nowadays when u go to c showflats in newton (or anywhere), agts will tell u that the nearby plots like lincoln lodge was sold at 1400+ and have to be launched 1800 to 2000 psf to be breakeven. i will tell them that is of no relevance to me cos pricing is based on demand and supply and if supply around the area is 1300 psf to 1500 psf, there is no reason i hv to buy above 1600 psf for new launches because of the developers' cost. similarly for other areas, its not what the developer asking, it is what the true value of the area based on current price of old projects nearby, just top -ed projects etc.

mr funny
27-04-09, 07:50
http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/Story/STIStory_367769.html

April 24, 2009 Friday

Koh Brothers targets Kovan condo at HDB upgraders

By Joyce Teo, Property Correspondent

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20090423/ST_IMAGES_JTKOH.jpg
The five-storey Fiorenza, which features an Italian theme, will have an imported glass jacuzzi on all the balconies. -- PHOTO: KOH BROTHERS

KOH Brothers Group hopes to tempt HDB upgraders with the release of a small Kovan project this weekend while it holds off launching high-end properties until the time is ripe.

The freehold Fiorenza in Florence Road has 28 units and will be priced at $790 per sq ft, or between $749,000 and $1.2 million per unit.

There are two- and three-bedroom units ranging from 840 to 1,442 sq ft in the five-storey block as well as penthouses of 1,378 to 1,851 sq ft each.

In the same area, the 521-unit Kovan Residences, which is nearer the Kovan MRT station than Fiorenza, still has unlaunched units. The 99-year leasehold project went for about $880 psf last year but those levels have since been cut. Last month, 56 units were sold at a median price of $705 psf.

Koh Brothers is offering the interest absorption scheme at a 2 per cent premium for Fiorenza.

Chief executive and managing director Francis Koh said the project would feature a glass jacuzzi imported from Italy on all the balconies. Each unit will also get a multi-room digital music system.

Koh Brothers had planned to release Fiorenza in the second quarter of last year. It was also hoping to launch the high-end Lincoln Suites off Newton Road by early this year, but the market has not been in its favour.

With high-end demand still muted, the launch is unlikely anytime soon.

Mr Koh said the consortium would continue to lease out Lincoln Lodge - which is the site for Lincoln Suites - right into next year. It had, together with Heeton Holdings, KSH Holdings and Lian Beng Group, bought Lincoln Lodge at the height of the property boom in 2007 for $1,449.30 psf per plot ratio.

Koh Brothers has other development projects in the pipeline which it is holding until an appropriate time.

'The market may change very quickly. It can go up quickly, it can also come down quickly,' said Mr Koh.

Wee Teck
05-08-09, 00:14
Lincoln Suites VVIP Preview Soon (Former Site of Lincoln Lodge) (http://tanweeteck.myweb.sg/70)

(http://forums.condosingapore.com/asas)Register with me now! (http://tanweeteck.myweb.sg/70) Appointed Marketing Agent for Lincoln Suites

Lincoln Suites is just behind VIVA located along Khiang Guan Avenue, directly opposite Goldhill Plaza and United Square shopping mall.

Novena Square and Novena MRT Station is situated opposite the road.

Only ten minutes' drive from Orchard,the major shopping and entertainment belt. Lincoln Suites provides excellent accessibility to other parts of the island, served by the Central Expressway (CTE), the Pan Island Expressway (PIE) and Bukit Timah Road, Newton Road and Scotts Road.

NEAREST MRT STATIONS

Novena MRT Station (NS20)from Lincon Suites
0.39 km

Newton MRT Station (NS21)from Lincoln Suites
0.76 km

NEAREST SHOPPING CENTRES to Lincoln Suites

United Square/Goldhill Plaza
0.10 km

NOVENA SQUARE
0.34km

SQUARE 2
0.43km

Nearest School to Lincoln Suites

ETONHOUSE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL NEWTON
Blk 39 Newton Road Singapore 307966
Distance : 192.13 m

ALLIANCE FRANCAISE DE SINGAPOUR
Blk 1 Sarkies Road Singapore 258130
Distance : 694.44 m

ANGLO-CHINESE PRIMARY SCHOOL (ACSP BARKER ROAD)
Blk 50 Barker Road Singapore 309918
Distance : 785.38 m

RAFFLES GIRLS' SECONDARY SCHOOL
Blk 20 Anderson Road Singapore 259978
Distance : 1.62 km

Contact me (http://tanweeteck.myweb.sg) for more information on Lincoln Suites

Allthepies
05-08-09, 12:30
how much 2000psf?

amk
05-08-09, 13:35
gd luck to Koh Brothers! enbloc at $1500 cost :eek:

ViVa, better location, bigger land, is selling NOW at $1500.

How on earth can Koh Bro make any profit out of this ?

teddybear
05-08-09, 15:33
Actually, IMHO Lincoln Suites has better location than VIVA. It is just beside United Square and just walk across the road is Novena MRT station whereas VIVA is still some distance away, closer to CTE and hence much noiser. The expressways is no joke because I have viewed a unit in Park Infinia at 28th storey in stack 9 and while the expressway is still further away (as compared to VIVA), the noise from the vehicles cruising on CTE can still be heard very clearly. Also, big land is no advantage if they pack in so many units. I prefer smaller number of units on reasonable size land (since more exclusive, don't have the EC type of feeling).

gd luck to Koh Brothers! enbloc at $1500 cost :eek:

ViVa, better location, bigger land, is selling NOW at $1500.

How on earth can Koh Bro make any profit out of this ?

dtrax
05-08-09, 17:57
location gd or not doesnt not matter.. the scariest part is that this plot of land was en bloc at $1449 psf during the peak and it will be really scary to see them launching at $1900+ psf or more.

http://luxuryasiahome.wordpress.com/2008/07/02/slowdown-in-private-market-spells-end-of-en-bloc-fever/

Localite
05-08-09, 21:42
launch price 1800 - 2000 psf. if it sells then the whole vicinity will get a lift. curious to see whats the launch price and take up rate.

dunatos
07-08-09, 18:01
launch price 1800 - 2000 psf. if it sells then the whole vicinity will get a lift. curious to see whats the launch price and take up rate.

Actually it may happen as its neighbor, Newton Suites, is still be sold at a high price...

denverusa
07-08-09, 19:24
agt told me stdio 2200 psf, 2 bedder 2000 psf. i really want to see who is buying !

PropertiesHunter
10-08-09, 12:53
agt told me stdio 2200 psf, 2 bedder 2000 psf. i really want to see who is buying !

I wouldnt be surprise all the higher psf on 1/2 bedrms is a SOLD out.

As Bank can loan 80 even 90% for 1st house buyer. Nothing is impossible now.

Property Cheong ahhhh. Dont Stop from now.:scared-4:

dunatos
10-08-09, 13:41
Anyone know the finishing that they are providing?

home-run
11-08-09, 21:42
hi everyone, developer's briefing will be tml..

Developer : Koh Brothers and joint-ventured partners
Tenure : Freehold
Total : 175 units on Two blocks of 29 storey Apartments
Site area : Approx 44000 sq ft
TOP : Expected 31 Dec 2015
Facilities @ Sky Terrace (5 & 24 Floor):
50 m Lap Pool
360 degree Spa Pool
Sky Gymnasium ( Air-conditioned )
Dining Alcoves, Epicurean's Delight
Splash Pool, Fun Pool
Thermal Spa with Jacuzzi
Massage Decks
Lounge with Bar Counter
Wine Cellar
Multi Storey Carpark

Types of Units:
Studio – 463/474/484 sq.ft. ( 44 units )
1 bedroom – 527/538 sq.ft. ( 22 units )
2 Bedroom – 1033/1044/1076 sq ft ( 42 units )
2 + Study – 1098/1109/1119 sq. ft (24 units)
3 bedroom – 1561 sq ft (14 units)
3 + Study – 1615 sq ft ( 4 units )
4 bedroom – 1798 sq ft ( 14 units )
4 + Study - 1841 sq ft ( 4 units )
Duplex - 2616/3036 sq ft ( 4 units )
Penthouses – 3703/4812/5501 sq ft ( 3 units )

Here are some basic facts...is u are keen to see how the proj look like, can visit my website at www.lusholmz.com for artist impression

Est psf should be 1700 average psf range...depending on unit size...since Lincoln residences & miro are averaging 1600+-1700psf...this should not be too far off...

Finishing-wise should be the standard hansgrohe...etc finishings...will furbish u guys with more details tml...

for more enquiries, u can contact me at 81835132...i'm the appointed developer mktg agent ;)

Cheers ;P:cheers6:

dormer
12-08-09, 11:33
Around 40% of the units are mickey mouse unit. Beware! Developer is trying to use those units of smaller quantum but higher psf to bring up their sales result for Lincoln Suites.

bargain hunter
12-08-09, 11:53
as the developer bought the land really expensive, this is one way to achieve a profit, mixing it up with tiny units for studio and 1 bedrooms followed by 2 and 2+study to keep the quantum down but maybe register record psf?! similar strategies were employed at Optima and Centro.

For this project, take note of the monkey sized plot as well, only 44000sq ft. For the 3 & 4 bedders (total 36 units), if psf is more than 1500psf, better off buying VIVA.

Knowing buyer's preferences for 2 bedders, also need to be cautious for the 2 and 2 + study, which are also quite normal sized and paying even 1700psf for these may be a stretch (let alone the touted 1800 to 2000psf) considering the land size is so much smaller than VIVA's.

high psf can be "justified" for the 66 mickey mouse units but for the next 66 2 and 2+study, that's where the $ quantum leaps if psf is close to the mickey mouse ones.

Around 40% of the units are mickey mouse unit. Beware! Developer is trying to use those units of smaller quantum but higher psf to bring up their sales result for Lincoln Suites.

duckweed
13-08-09, 00:35
with the big # of units coming from these new projects (lincoln suites, viva, etc), shops in and around united square should be particularly pleased - especially the eateries and the supermarkets.

bargain hunter
13-08-09, 00:59
well, that is still 3 years away. :)

with the big # of units coming from these new projects (lincoln suites, viva, etc), shops in and around united square should be particularly pleased - especially the eateries and the supermarkets.

teddybear
13-08-09, 08:37
Not only United Square but also Novena Square and also Novena Square 2, and also the shophouses beside United Square.

dunatos
31-08-09, 01:17
Anyone got newer news on this development?
Suddenly the comments stopped...

bargain hunter
31-08-09, 12:17
all the action in non prime areas. people say prime is overlooked because of that but are there so many people who can afford prime? most buyer profiles these days seem to be focused at 1 to 1.5m for 3 or 4 bedrooms. For the same price in D11 may or maybe even not able to get a decent 2 bedder.

Anyone got newer news on this development?
Suddenly the comments stopped...

andy
28-09-09, 23:10
Any idea when will this be launched. Saw that showflat almost ready.

home-run
28-09-09, 23:46
hi andy ...the estimated launch date will be in oct...which is very soon...i have the layouts...

http://www.lusholmz.com/83==> u can find all the sizes and layouts in my website...

if u are keen to register for vip preview...let me knw.. cheers :cheers6:

andy
30-09-09, 11:46
hi andy ...the estimated launch date will be in oct...which is very soon...i have the layouts...

http://www.lusholmz.com/83==> u can find all the sizes and layouts in my website...

if u are keen to register for vip preview...let me knw.. cheers :cheers6:

What's the indicative pricing?

Reporter
30-09-09, 13:23
Maybe these are no longer considered Mickey Mouses?
Mickey Mouse is 258 sqft?

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/topMasthead_small.gif
Smaller prime district homes lead Q3 surge
Luxury condo prices up 17% from Q1; new peak for prime area landed homes
The Business Times
Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Latest figures from DTZ show that prices of completed landed and non-landed private homes in various segments continued to recover in the third quarter after bottoming out in the first quarter of this year in the aftermath of the global financial crash.

One of the strongest price gains was reflected in the average price of freehold completed prime district condos, which rose 22.3% from the recent low of $1,120 psf in Q1 to $1,370 psf in Q3. 'As more buyers were drawn to the market, average private home prices continued on the uptrend in Q3 2009, led by smaller homes in the prime districts of 9, 10 and 11,' DTZ said.

The average capital value for DTZ’s basket of completed luxury freehold condos rose 17% from $1,880 psf in Q1 to $2,200 psf in Q3; however, the latest figure is still 21.4% shy of the all-time high of $2,800 psf in late 2007/early 2008.

The recovery in home buying and prices in Q2 and Q3 this year also rubbed off on the landed housing segment. The average price of completed freehold landed homes in prime districts 9, 10 and 11 appreciated 15.9% from the recent low in Q1 to scale a fresh peak of $1,383 psf of land area in Q3, according to DTZ’s data.

In the 99-year suburban landed market too, the average capital value of $593 psf as at Q3 was up 9.4% from Q1.

DTZ’s landed housing baskets exclude Good Class Bungalows, whose values have also appreciated. And for both landed homes as well as condos, its baskets cover only completed projects.

'We’ve seen strong interest in landed properties in Q3 – whether it’s bungalows, terrace houses or semi-detached homes. Buyers are mostly owner occupiers,' says DTZ SE Asia research head Chua Chor Hoon.

'The general home buying sentiment has spilled over to the landed segment. Landed property prices did not move up as much as condo prices in the 2007 run-up.'

A universal trend for all types of private housing shown in DTZ’s data is that prices have been appreciating since bottoming out in Q1 this year.

However, while the average quarter-on-quarter price gains for suburban condos were higher for Q3 than for Q2, the price appreciation slowed in Q3 for prime district and luxury condos.

The average capital value of freehold suburban condos rose 5.6% in Q3 over the preceding quarter, after posting a 3.1% quarter-on-quarter gain in Q2. For 99-year suburban condos too, the average price increased 6.5% in Q3 to $610 psf, nearly double the 3.2% increase in Q2.

Quarter on quarter, the average capital value for prime district freehold condos surged 11.3% in Q2 and 9.9% in Q3. The average price of luxury freehold condos appreciated 9.6% in Q2 and 6.8% in Q3.

DTZ said rental values found some stability after four consecutive quarters of decline. ‘The average monthly rental value of non-landed homes in prime districts was unchanged at $3.32 psf in Q3 2009 while that of luxurious condos stayed at $4.65 psf.’

Over the next 6 months, Ms Chua predicts, private home prices are likely to see some level of stabilisation with more moderate increases. While sentiment is still strong at the moment, she pointed to an easing in sales volume from frenzied levels seen in Q3 on the back of fewer projects in the pipeline as well as the market cooling measures announced by the government on Sept 14.

DTZ noted that new private home sales by developers in Q3 are poised to break the previous quarterly record of 5,129 units set in Q2 2007. This was after developers sold a total of 4,471 homes in July and August alone. The full-year figure is also expected to top 2007’s record of 14,811 units.

home-run
30-09-09, 21:05
est psf should be around 1850-2000+psf...even if exceed 2000psf...should not be too way off otherwise ppl will rather buy cairnhill area....ultimately the overall quantum for the small units should be attractive enough for investors looking for a gd rental yield investment in this area...will keep u guys updated once i get more updates from developer most prob next wk.

Cheers =):cheers6:

Localite
30-09-09, 21:09
est psf should be around 1850-2000+psf...even if exceed 2000psf...should not be too way off otherwise ppl will rather buy cairnhill area....ultimately the overall quantum for the small units should be attractive enough for investors looking for a gd rental yield investment in this area...will keep u guys updated once i get more updates from developer most prob next wk.

I don't know what you mean by small units. The 3 bedroom units range from 1590 to 2500 sqft.

andy
30-09-09, 21:17
I don't know what you mean by small units. The 3 bedroom units range from 1590 to 2500 sqft.

Small units are the studios of 527sqft.

Are the 2 bedders of 1000sqft still being planned?

Reporter
01-10-09, 17:59

Seems like CCR is rising more than the rest now.
Perhaps we should really re-focus on CCR (e.g. D11 Lincoln Suites)?

URA's private home prices indices surge in Q3
Kalpana Rashiwala
The Business Times
Thursday, 1 October 2009

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA)'s price index for private homes jumped 15.9% in the third quarter of 2009 compared with the preceding quarter, according to a flash estimate released on Thursday.

This follows a 4.7% quarter-on-quarter decline in the widely watched index in Q2.

URA also released flash estimates of the price changes in the three geographical regions for third quarter 2009. Prices of non-landed private residential properties increased by 16.2% quarter on quarter in the Core Central Region (CCR), 19.1% in Rest of Central Region and 15.4% in Outside Central Region in Q3.

In contrast, for Q2 2009, the price indices for non-landed private homes dipped 5.2% in Core Central Region, 4.4% in Rest of Central Region and 2.3% in Outside Central Region.

andy
01-10-09, 19:50
Seems like CCR is rising more than the rest now.
Perhaps we should really re-focus on CCR (e.g. D11 Lincoln Suites)?

Why do you think CCR will rise more now? For RCR, the rise is supported by HDB resale. What is or will be supporting this rise in the CCR?

Reporter
01-10-09, 21:41
Why do you think CCR will rise more now? For RCR, the rise is supported by HDB resale. What is or will be supporting this rise in the CCR?
Perhaps OCR is for HDB resale, CCR is for hot money and RCR is for both?

Maybe the time is ripe for the hot money to spur into action?

moneyspinner
01-10-09, 21:45

Where is RCR and what are the possible developments?:doh:

DW
01-10-09, 21:50
Does anyone know how is
CCR
RCR
OCR
categorised? Is it grouped together based on district or ... ???

Is Sentosa considered CCR or RCR ??

andy
01-10-09, 21:50

Go find an overseas institutional investor to buy all the 1BRs of Lincoln suites. That's will start the ball rolling.

If not I don't see a mad rush since rentals are still quite depressed. :cool:

sleek
01-10-09, 21:52

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk36/sleek00000/Map_CCR.jpg

Reporter
01-10-09, 23:57
Go find an overseas institutional investor to buy all the 1BRs of Lincoln suites. That's will start the ball rolling.

If not I don't see a mad rush since rentals are still quite depressed. :cool:
OK. Let's see if there is one or two of them for CCR Lincoln Suites' 1BRs.

There's no need to worry about OCR and some of RCR since they are taken care of by HDB flats.

http://www.propnex.com/images/PropnexLogo.jpg
HDB price index maintains steady climb
PropNex
Thursday, 1 Oct 2009

HDB’s resale price index (RPI) flash estimate of 144.7 for the third quarter of 2009 continues setting a new record high for the RPI.

PropNex CEO Mohamed Ismail attributes this growth to the greater demand for resale flats in recent months.

"Looking at our transactions for the past few months, we have seen a return of higher COVs (cash-over-valuation)," says Mr Ismail, “which is clear evidence of a rising demand for resale flats.”

However, he maintains that only growth increases of 2–3% are sustainable, and does not expect to see any variation in this for the next few quarters.

Adds Mr Ismail: "This increase is actually good news for HDB owners as it provides them with the prime opportunity to upgrade their property or simply gain cash from selling their existing flat."

jlrx
02-10-09, 00:21
andy[/b]]Go find an overseas institutional investor to buy all the 1BRs of Lincoln suites. That's will start the ball rolling.

If not I don't see a mad rush since rentals are still quite depressed.OK. Let's see if there is one or two of them for CCR Lincoln Suites' 1BRs.

There's no need to worry about OCR and some of RCR since they are taken care of by HDB flats.

What "one or two of them"? :scared-4: 1BRs will sell out before Usain Bolt can sneeze.

It's the 3BRs and 4BRs that may have problem selling and need institutional investors to "start the ball rolling".

Remember Illuminaire @ Devonshire which sold out on preview day? Most of their units are 441 sf to 635 sf.

home-run
02-10-09, 08:33
Exactly, small units are the ones that will go first as investors can decide and commit on their choice units based on floor plans, location and overall quantum price of the units even before viewing the showflat. For prime districts, studios will be in the range of 1-1.2+mil depending on location...some can even be as attractive as 7xx-800+k....so psf does not really matter anymore in this case...its location location location......

moreover, rental yields for small size units will be most likely above the 5% range or even closer to that aspect as overall quantum not so high...
that is my personal perspective :cheers6:

Est launch date will be most likely 4th wk of Oct....if anyone of you folks are keen in this proj, do feel free to contact me @ 81835132 / Email : [email protected]

I'm in the marketing agency for Lincoln Suites. Thx and cheers

andy
02-10-09, 09:57
What "one or two of them"? :scared-4: 1BRs will sell out before Usain Bolt can sneeze.

It's the 3BRs and 4BRs that may have problem selling and need institutional investors to "start the ball rolling".

Remember Illuminaire @ Devonshire which sold out on preview day? Most of their units are 441 sf to 635 sf.

At $2000psf do you think the 1BRs will fly out of the shelves? Let's see;)

andy
02-10-09, 10:00
moreover, rental yields for small size units will be most likely above the 5% range or even closer to that aspect as overall quantum not so high...
that is my personal perspective :cheers6:

What are you talking about 5% yields?

$5psf rental at $2000psf buying price is only 3%.:tsk-tsk:

Reporter
02-10-09, 15:04
At $2000psf do you think the 1BRs will fly out of the shelves? Let's see;)
If D14 Mickey Mouses can sell between $1,450 and $1,650 psf, perhaps D11 MMs can sell at $2,000 psf?

I was laughing at Suites@Guillemard just yesterday and today I was proven wrong.

smallest at 258 sqft (actually beats me how small is this)
lowest px, 4xxk

assume 400k ==> 1550psf! :scared-4:

no wonder prices are seen to be increasing everywhere lor. thinking back, i was laughing at those small units at Alexis selling at 1000psf, now those are the smart ones while i'm stupid.:doh:

258sf price was from 375k. Just went to the showflat cram full of agents. Still got some 1BR and PH. All the 258sf sold out liao haha.

andy
02-10-09, 15:12
If D14 Mickey Mouses can sell between $1,450 and $1,650 psf, perhaps D11 MMs can sell at $2,000 psf?

I was laughing at Suites@Guillemard just yesterday and today I was proven wrong.

Yes. If they can convert the 500sqft to 250sqft, maybe they can sell D11 at $2500psf. Imagine a 16x16 feet pigeon hole?:banghead:

Reporter
02-10-09, 15:18

Maybe the big boys have started their balls rolling?
Let's give them some time?

http://www.theedgesingapore.com/images/logo_s.png
Luxury apartments for $7 million
The Edge
Monday, 28 September 2009

http://www.theedgesingapore.com/images/stories/TES389-Sep28-2009/389_dd.png
In the latest caveats for the week of Aug 28 to Sept 4, there were four transactions for apartments in the $7 million range, mainly for existing freehold projects in the luxury prime districts of 9 and 10.

One is a 3,477 sq ft second-floor unit at the 32-year-old Nassim Mansion, a luxury freehold 72-unit development on Nassim Hill in a neighbourhood of Good Class Bungalows. It was sold for $7.5 million ($2,157 psf), according to a caveat lodged with URA Realis on Sept 3. The previous owner had purchased it for $7.45 million ($2,143 psf) just two years ago, according to a transaction in May 2007. The owner who had sold him the unit made a 58.5% gain as he had purchased it just a year earlier for $4.7 million ($1,352 psf). The seller himself had made a 68% gain as he in turn had purchased it for $2.8 million ($805 psf) in September 2001. This apartment has changed hands four times in eight years.

At Ardmore Park, which is still the bellwether for luxury projects, resale prices are once again at the $2,500 psf level. Most recently, a sixth-floor unit was sold for $7.2 million ($2,496 psf). This unit last changed hands in early 2007 for $6.3 million ($2,184 psf), thus providing the seller a 13.89% gain in over two years. The first owner bought the project at launch in 1997 for $5.14 million ($1,783 psf).

At Grange Residences, a 10th-floor, 2,852 sq ft unit recently sold for $7 million ($2,454 psf), giving the previous owner a 37% upside from his initial purchase price of $5.1 million ($1,788 psf) in 2006. Prior to that, the unit was purchased from the developer at launch for $3.59 million ($1,259 psf) in July 2004. This means the owner made a 42% gain from the sale in just two years.

Meanwhile, the St Thomas Suites twin tower, a 176-unit luxury condo at the top of St Thomas Walk off River Valley Road, is expected to receive its temporary occupation permit by end-2010. Developer Frasers Centrepoint Ltd launched the condo in early 2007 and it was fully sold within a few months. A 29th-floor, five bedroom 4,672 sq ft unit was sold in a sub-sale for $7.95 million ($1,702 psf) at end-August. However, this was 17.6% below the initial price, as according to a caveat lodged in April 2007, the previous owner had purchased the apartment at launch for $9.1 million ($1,949 psf).

bargain hunter
02-10-09, 16:42
let me be the bad guy here again. :) i expect poor response for lincoln suites. it will be a sell down, let down, whatever you call it. share prices of the consortium of koh brothers, lian beng and ksh just broke down today, heeton on the verge of doing so. :D

moneyspinner
02-10-09, 17:32
Judging from the trend, if Lincoln Suites can restructure all into mickey mouse units, it can be a sell out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

andy
04-10-09, 12:32
Which is better Lincoln Suites or Newton Suites?

Newton Suites (FH)
TOP end 2007
Average Launch Price $845psf
Number of units: 118 36floors
Land area: around 40,000sqft?
Asking Price: around $1600-1700psf
Award winning design & bringing the outdoors inside

Lincoln Suites (FH)
expected TOP 2015
Twin 30 stories tower
24 floor Sky gym and recreation
175 units
Land area: around 60,000sqft
Pricing around $1700psf to $1900psf or more

bargain hunter
04-10-09, 12:35
i'd vote for newton suites anytime.

Which is better Lincoln Suites or Newton Suites?

Newton Suites (FH)
TOP end 2007

Lincoln Suites (FH)
expected TOP 2015
Twin 30 stories tower
175 units

andy
04-10-09, 12:41
i'd vote for newton suites anytime.
Can you provide your reasons or arguments? thanks

richie$$$
04-10-09, 12:50
wht abt ur views. thks

bargain hunter
04-10-09, 13:01
Purely from an investment perspective, the difference in quantum already cannot be justified. Newton Suites 2 bedder 797sq ft, Lincoln Suites at 1033 to 1076sq ft. On closer look at the floor plan of Lincoln Suites, a lot of the difference is big balcony and planter in both the living and master bedroom. bay windows in both the bedrooms + kitchen :jaw-dropping: and bath 2 and in lving room beside a glass window which faces the wall of a bedroom! Another planter in master bath! :scared-1: huge air con ledge. now, assuming u buy both at 1700psf, newton suites cost you 1.355m. Lincoln suites cost you 1.756m. Granted, you get a bigger second bedroom, other than that, is everything that i stated above worth 400k? and i am only taking max price for newton suites and min. price for lincoln suites. developer really doing everything to maximise earnings from their overpaid site! i don't even want to talk about the 3 bedder comparison but i think you get the idea.

Newton Suites (FH)
TOP end 2007

Lincoln Suites (FH)
expected TOP 2015
Twin 30 stories tower
175 units

kali-yuga
04-10-09, 13:04

If I may answer on behalf of our Bro.
Firstly its design by the famous WOHA.
Of course that doesn't mean anything if its badly design.

But take a walk inside and you will know the difference.
The lift, the mashing in of greens with the concrete, the outstanding exterior (more than one time hearing colleagues asking what's the name of the beautiful condo besides GoldHill Plaza).

Go into the apartment, realised that the space (happen to see 1238sf) is not huge (bay window of course) but everything is very proportional and thus you dun really feel the cramness in most of the other project.

Go to level 6 where the swimming pool is and again space is very efficiently utilised for such a project with small land space.

A few downside though, cos of the small land space, there's very little room for the kids to run around.

If you drive, the exit out from Khiang huang road (if I remember correctly) might be very challenging.

duckweed
04-10-09, 13:16
to add on... newton suites will have view (i think it's the 3bedders facing bukit timah side). lincoln suites - i believe it's blocked from all sides (but i could be wrong).

bargain hunter
04-10-09, 13:16
thanks for the additions. wanted to talk about the awards and the project as you have but got too angry writing about that piece of trash called lincoln suites that i neglected to. :p

The lift, the mashing in of greens with the concrete, the outstanding exterior (more than one time hearing colleagues asking what's the name of the beautiful condo besides GoldHill Plaza).

Go into the apartment, realised that the space (happen to see 1238sf) is not huge (bay window of course) but everything is very proportional and thus you dun really feel the cramness in most of the other project.

Go to level 6 where the swimming pool is and again space is very efficiently utilised for such a project with small land space.

A few downside though, cos of the small land space, there's very little room for the kids to run around.

If you drive, the exit out from Khiang huang road (if I remember correctly) might be very challenging.

teddybear
04-10-09, 13:40
Allow me to add on to the downside, in contrary to your opinion, I do really feel the cram of Newton suite because its ceiling is very low ( estimated about 2.1-2.3M range)
In addition, the whole unit is lack of brightness..the lift entrance is very dark and feel uncomfortable...
Somemore, there is no proper playground (only three bouncing chairs near the carpark!!)

andy
04-10-09, 14:19
wht abt ur views. thks

Thanks for everyone's comments. I have been debating this for a while and these are my observations:

Lincoln suites has larger land area compared to Newton Suites and hence it has more freedom to put facilities and recreations. Lincoln Suites has also the sky garden/gym which seems to be the new trend allowing all residents to enjoy different views from the condo. Lincoln suites will be much quieter compared to Newton Suites. Lincoln lodge is currently almost fully occupied with cheaper renters and it is popular with singles or couples carrying shopping bags from USQ.

The risk is that the Lincoln developers may cut corners since they have bought the land at peak peak $psf to try to recover some of their losses. It is without doubt Newton Suites proved an excellent investment for owners who have bought at $900psf and now riding on the excellent design publicity. In fact regretted not picking up Newton Suites in 2005 because of the potential noise level along newton road.

Looking ahead when Lincoln is TOP at 2014, Newton Suites would be 7 year's old. Well things starts to break down after 5-6 years in a condo in my experience in SG regardless how well it is built. So if I wanted to buy for investment a 1000 sqft in Novena, it is probably worth paying $200psf premium for a new unit. On top of that, the interest on the 45% loan amount is so so low now.

I can see the small units selling really fast if the price is right:cool:

andy
04-10-09, 14:49
wht abt ur views. thks
One more thing. This tiny Khiang huang road is going to be problem for both developments. It will only get worse. Already I've noticed USQ is getting more and more busy. Not sure if it is cos there are more shops but definitely more shoppers and kids.

bargain hunter
04-10-09, 15:57
assuming 200psf difference ie 1700psf for newton suites and 1900psf for lincoln suites 2 bedders. the difference in area between the smallest 2 bedder (1033sq ft) for lincoln suites and newton suites (797sq ft) is 236 sq ft. So the difference in price will be 236sq ft*1900psf + 797sq ft *200psf =$607,800. I seriously wonder how the difference can be justified with rentals. Even asking rent 1k more a month for Lincoln Suites also cannot cover this huge difference after 40 years.

Thanks for everyone's comments. I have been debating this for a while and these are my observations:

Lincoln suites has larger land area compared to Newton Suites and hence it has more freedom to put facilities and recreations. Lincoln Suites has also the sky garden/gym which seems to be the new trend allowing all residents to enjoy different views from the condo. Lincoln suites will be much quieter compared to Newton Suites. Lincoln lodge is currently almost fully occupied with cheaper renters and it is popular with singles or couples carrying shopping bags from USQ.

The risk is that the Lincoln developers may cut corners since they have bought the land at peak peak $psf to try to recover some of their losses. It is without doubt Newton Suites proved an excellent investment for owners who have bought at $900psf and now riding on the excellent design publicity. In fact regretted not picking up Newton Suites in 2005 because of the potential noise level along newton road.

Looking ahead when Lincoln is TOP at 2014, Newton Suites would be 7 year's old. Well things starts to break down after 5-6 years in a condo in my experience in SG regardless how well it is built. So if I wanted to buy for investment a 1000 sqft in Novena, it is probably worth paying $200psf premium for a new unit. On top of that, the interest on the 45% loan amount is so so low now.

I can see the small units selling really fast if the price is right:cool:

andy
04-10-09, 16:24
assuming 200psf difference ie 1700psf for newton suites and 1900psf for lincoln suites 2 bedders. the difference in area between the smallest 2 bedder (1033sq ft) for lincoln suites and newton suites (797sq ft) is 236 sq ft. So the difference in price will be 236sq ft*1900psf + 797sq ft *200psf =$607,800. I seriously wonder how the difference can be justified with rentals. Even asking rent 1k more a month for Lincoln Suites also cannot cover this huge difference after 40 years.

Actually I'm referring to the studio units of Lincoln suites @ 527 sqft and 538 sqft. In 5 years' time I am assuming the 538sqft will fetch the same rental as 797sqft. So even if I pay $300psf more, I will still be better off;)

Reporter
04-10-09, 16:46
http://www.zaobao.com/images1/zblogo.gif
尺价超过1280元 超小公寓首日卖出九成
吴慧敏
联合早报
4-10-2009

靠近芽笼的超级小单位公寓掀起抢购热潮,虽然最小的单位只有区区258平方英尺,而且尺价高达1450元,但却在首日推出的短短90分钟内就马上被抢购一空。

据消息说,到昨天傍晚, Suites@Guillemard已经售出大约九成的单位,只剩下还不到10个售价在50万元以上的较大单位。

房地产顾问麦俊荣说:“这显示进场的人,都是因为单位价低而进场的,但是预算却非常紧,没有办法负担面积较大的公寓单位。”

他认为,如果这些人是抱着投资的心态进场,那么就实在让人担心,因为这意味他们也没有太强的持守能力。

尺价媲美纽顿区公寓

他也指出,每平方英尺1280元至1450元的价格,已经完全打破芽笼一带的所有尺价纪录,几乎可以媲美纽顿一带的房子。
据了解,早在该项目发售之前,已经有上百名经纪和公众在示范单位外等候进场。有兴趣的买家必须附上一张签了名的空白支票,才有抽签进示范单位看房子的机会。

http://property.zaobao.com/images6/private091004.jpg
Suites@Guillemard位于基里玛路和林亚雨路交界处,共有72个单位,大部分为面积只有40多平方米的“套间公寓”或一卧房式单位。

消息透露,在星期五推出的第一天内,所有的小单位都已经卖出,剩下不到20个面积较大的两卧房式单位,以及西照的单位,昨天剩下的单位本来就已经不多,但还是几乎每个小时都有几个单位卖出。

由Oxley Land发展的Suites@Guillemard,位于基里玛路(Guillemard Road)和林亚雨路交界处,共有72个单位。它们绝大部分为面积只有40多平方米的“套间公寓”(studio apartment)或一卧房式单位。

不过,最引人瞩目的是,最小的单位只有区区258平方英尺,面积还不到三房式政府组屋的一半,或6个半乒乓桌。

这相信是本地最小的公寓单位。

消息透露,整个项目只有四个这种属于L型的小型公寓单位,它们的售价从37万5000元起,也就是相等于每平方英尺1450元。

由于之前就已经有好几个买家“瞄准”这个单位,因此星期五一开放选购,就马上被抢购一空。

至于面积达388平方英尺的一卧房式单位,售价则从50万元起,也就是每平方英尺1288元。
Like what 联合早报 says, 纽顿区 (Newton and District 11) is a disgrace!
Not only did it not command any premium over District 14, but it also want to sell below $1,450 psf!
And just to add to the insult: That mouse "sells like hot cakes in the first 90 minutes"!!!!!!

Anyway, I take my words on this Mickey Mouse back.
You win! I lose!

bargain hunter
04-10-09, 17:03
we can't compare that way right? 258sq ft of course can command significantly higher psf than D11 units. There will always be fans of MM units. You can still take your stand of not being with the fans. nothing wrong. If they can flip, then the buyers are winners, if not, the developer is a big winner. :D

Like what 联合早报 says, 纽顿区 (Newton and District 11) is a disgrace!
Not only did it not command any premium over District 14, but it also want to sell below $1,450 psf!
And just to add to the insult: That mouse "sells like hot cakes in the first 90 minutes"!!!!!!

Anyway, I take my words on this Mickey Mouse back.
You win! I lose!

kali-yuga
04-10-09, 20:41
Allow me to add on to the downside, in contrary to your opinion, I do really feel the cram of Newton suite because its ceiling is very low ( estimated about 2.1-2.3M range)
In addition, the whole unit is lack of brightness..the lift entrance is very dark and feel uncomfortable...
Somemore, there is no proper playground (only three bouncing chairs near the carpark!!)

A 1238sf is a 1238sf, so will not feel that the space is big. Point is that compare to other projects, dun feel as cramp due to the better design (personal opinion)

As of dim/lack of lighting, really did not feel so when I went for the open house. The unit that I view have the balcony facing the Berkely18 side which is a bit down slope and thus unblock, hence ample lighting. It might also be the case that its a very sunny day when I visit.

However completely agree that there's no play ground, only bouncing chair.

Reporter
05-10-09, 12:55

The typical Chinese buyers have a budget of S$5M to S$10M (500万元至1000万元) for Singapore properties.
China's and HongKong's property prices have climbed more and faster than Singapore's.
These Chinese buyers could be taken some profit there and started snapping up (扫货) Singapore properties.

Do you know if they are keen in Lincoln Suites?

http://www.zaobao.com/images1/zblogo.gif
占私宅成交量22% 外国人又涌入购房地产
吴慧敏
联合早报
29-9-2009

全球股市大反弹不但吸引了本地人蜂拥抢购私人房产,外国人也在过去几个月来大举涌入,到新加坡“扫货”。

根据第一太平戴维斯(Savills)整理的数字,外国人(包括新加坡永久居民)在去年8月,买下大约300个私宅单位,占所有私宅成交量的22%。

当美国投资银行雷曼兄弟破产、引发全球金融大海啸时,外国人骤然消失。去年11月12月期间,外国人所购买的私宅单位剧跌至70、80个,所占的买家比率也下跌至16%。

今年3月全球股市大回弹后,外国买家又迅速回流。到了6月份,外国人在一个月内买下的私宅单位已回升至876个,比去年11月最低潮时的需求量暴增十倍。所占的买家比率,也回升至全球金融大海啸之前的22%、23%水平。

戴德梁行(DTZ)研究部主管蔡楚芬说:“外国买家确实回来了。不单单是中国人,马来西亚人和印尼人这两个本地楼市的传统上最大买家,也都在过去几个月显著增加。”

她透露,马来西亚和印尼人仍然是新加坡楼市最大的买家。本地每卖出100间私人房子,约22间由外国人或永久居民买下。其中,六间由马来西亚人买下、五间由印尼人买下、三间由印度人买下、三间由中国人买下。

仲量联行私宅部主管黄洁玲说:“新加坡本来就是马来西亚人和印尼人喜欢置业的地点,第一是新元的币值强劲,第二是政治和社会稳定。他们也喜欢将子女送到新加坡求学、在新加坡求医,在新加坡买房子还可以防万一,一旦国内发生了什么事情,总算有个安身之所。”

一名房地产人士也指出,去年发生金融大海啸后,许多外国人,包括马来西亚人和印尼人,已经将钱转到新加坡来,以对冲其国家货币的贬值。当楼市在三四月份开始“动”起来,更多的外汇更是涌入本地楼市中。

一名房地产观察家认为,由于中国和香港的楼价升得比新加坡更快、更高,过去两三个月来,很可能有一些投资者开始将钱从中国和香港股市和楼市套出来,转到新加坡。

ERA产业经纪王德金并没有听到这种情况,不过他表示,近年来进场的一些中国买家已经跟过去有很大的不同。

“过去,在新加坡买楼的中国人,一般都是买一些单位价比较低廉的房子,预算在50万元至80万元之间。”

有一些中国大客户

但是,现在他手头上的十多个大客户,七八个是中国人。这些中国买家最近分别授权他500万元至1000万元的预算,代他们在新加坡买房子。

“这一类中国买家通常对新加坡非常熟悉,有的孩子在新加坡念书或工作,也有的打算在新加坡做生意。他们来到新加坡,只住六星级酒店,买的都是劳力士名表和名牌手袋。看的房子,通常在市区,售价在一两百万元,甚至两三百万元左右。”

他透露,以500万元至1000万元的预算来说,他通常会帮这些中国买家购买三五个单位,其中一两个短持,只要有钱赚就代他们放手,其他的则留作长线投资。

http://property.zaobao.com/images6/private090929.jpg
市场消息说,远东机构最近推出的中高档公寓Silversea就吸引了不少中国买家进场。

戴德梁行的数字也显示了中国买家的购买能力相当两极化。资料显示,50万元至100万元的房子,中国买家的比率相当高。其次,就是售价在500万元以上的房子。

市场消息说,远东机构最近推出的中高档公寓Silversea就吸引了不少中国买家进场。这个位于马林百列录的99年地契公寓,共有383个单位,截至8月底卖出了70个,每平方英尺中位价约1386元。

远东机构房地产销售营运总裁谢文华证实,这个项目的中国买家比率确实较高,达到17%。他相信,一览无余的无敌海景应该是吸引他们进场的一大因素,而且交通也非常方便,距离滨海湾只有5分钟车程。

不过,位于中部的The Arte却吸引了较多的印尼买家进场。城市发展的这个公寓共有336个单位,每平方英尺推出价格约880元,它自3月推出以来已卖出330个,城市发展发言人说,其中15%由印尼人买下。

戴德梁行的数字也可以看到,所有外国买家中,印尼人的购买力还是最强的。今年第二季,售价在150万元以上的房子,有大约14%是外国人购买的。当中,印尼人就占了三分之一。售价在500万元以上的房子,印尼人也是最大的外国买家。

至于马来西亚人所买的房子,价格一般在50万元以下,所占的比率超过一半。至于售价在50万元至100万元的房子,马来西亚人也是最大的外国买家。

DKSG
05-10-09, 23:35
Newton area is more like a Indonesians favourite.

But there is nothing stopping rich Chinese from snapping up whatever there is in the market. The common knowledge now is that the probability of prices next year being higher than this year is more than 60%.

DKSG

jlrx
06-10-09, 00:27
The typical Chinese buyers have a budget of S$5M to S$10M (500万元至1000万元) for Singapore properties.
China's and HongKong's property prices have climbed more and faster than Singapore's.
These Chinese buyers could be taken some profit there and started snapping up (扫货) Singapore properties.

Do you know if they are keen in Lincoln Suites?

This will happen sooner or later.

China buyers are grabbing Hong Kong properties to diversity their risks and wealth, in the same way that Shanghai money flowed into Hong Kong when the Communists took over China.

But very soon, China buyers will realise that Hong Kong is no longer safe under British rule like in 1949, and if there is another Revolution, Hong Kong may not be able to escape.

Even Taiwan cannot escape if some mad Chinese revolutionary leader wages a war to "reclaim" Taiwan.

The only country which has a majority Chinese population, and yet is not within the political boundaries of Greater China, is Singapore.

It is only a matter of time before China buyers "take note" of Singapore.

Once that happens, all hell will break loose in the property market here. :scared-1:

The upside risks of Singapore's property market is much higher than the downside risks (because we have Tharman and Obama ready to print money any time). :p

nav14
06-10-09, 09:18

I own a unit Newton Suites and you can come down and measure the height of the ceiling. It is a standard 2.7 metres. 2.1 m will make it even lower than HDB ceiling. How to win so many international awards if the ceiling was so low. Next time want to lie do it intelligently.

Reporter
06-10-09, 09:20

China buyers are grabbing Hong Kong properties to diversity their risks and wealth, in the same way that Shanghai money flowed into Hong Kong when the Communists took over China.

But very soon, China buyers will realise that Hong Kong is no longer safe under British rule like in 1949, and if there is another Revolution, Hong Kong may not be able to escape.

Even Taiwan cannot escape if some mad Chinese revolutionary leader wages a war to "reclaim" Taiwan.

The only country which has a majority Chinese population, and yet is not within the political boundaries of Greater China, is Singapore.

Once that happens, all hell will break loose in the property market here. :scared-1:

The upside risks of Singapore's property market is much higher than the downside risks (because we have Tharman and Obama ready to print money any time). :p
Beside the Chinese grabbers, we have the Korean grabbers too.

Recently, I sold one of my condo to a Korean couple.

It seems like the Koreans are flushed with hot money too. They are also snapping up properties despite warning from their "Minister Mah"?

South Korea home prices up again
The Business Times
Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Apartment prices across South Korea rose for the 17th straight week, the longest gaining streak since July 2008, data from the country’s top lender showed yesterday.

Apartment prices rose by 0.1% last week from the previous week, extending a rising trend that started in early June, according to data from Kookmin Bank. The data came amid growing expectations for a rate increase this year after the central bank warned several times that it would lift interest rates to calm the property market.

The Bank of Korea is scheduled to review rates on Friday.

teddybear
06-10-09, 09:41
Well well, now we have heard from the horse's mouth - the ceiling height of Newton Suites is confirmed 2.7m, which is much lower than the standard height of about 3m for private condos. Thanks for confirming that the ceiling height of Newton Suites is indeed so low (as low as that of HDB ceiling heights). No wonder I always wonder why the height of each unit looks so low as compared to neighbouring condos, and the building looks so dark and blackish and eerie-ish.
Winning awards? Huh, the developers and architects win awards and fame while the residents have to endure with such low ceiling heights and blackish & erie-ish building, tiny swimming pool, 3 bouncing seats labelled as 'Children's playground' and cannot even put in a tennis court. Can still go on with the cons but these are already killers enough. :banghead:

I own a unit Newton Suites and you can come down and measure the height of the ceiling. It is a standard 2.7 metres. 2.1 m will make it even lower than HDB ceiling. How to win so many international awards if the ceiling was so low. Next time want to lie do it intelligently.

nav14
06-10-09, 09:52
Actually I'm referring to the studio units of Lincoln suites @ 527 sqft and 538 sqft. In 5 years' time I am assuming the 538sqft will fetch the same rental as 797sqft. So even if I pay $300psf more, I will still be better off;)

I am expecting a 2 bedder at NS to fetch a premium of at least $500 over a studio at LS in 5 years time. Currently 2 bedders at NS are fetching around 4.5k – 4.8k . This may go down to around 4k in 5 years due to its age (assuming rents remain stable until then). A 500+sqft studio at Vida (Cairhill) or even at other prime areas are currently fetching around 3.5k. So there should be a premium of at least $500 for a 2 bedder at NS in 5 yrs time. It might be more as NS will get a fresh coat of paint by then and it remains well maintained.

For yield, it is best to invest in a 2 bedder which is not more than 900sq ft. There is hardly any difference in rent for a similarly located 900 sqft and 1100sqft 2 bedders.

nav14
06-10-09, 10:03
Well well, now we have heard from the horse's mouth - the ceiling height of Newton Suites is confirmed 2.7m, which is much lower than the standard height of about 3m for private condos. Thanks for confirming that the ceiling height of Newton Suites is indeed so low (as low as that of HDB ceiling heights). No wonder I always wonder why the height of each unit looks so low as compared to neighbouring condos, and the building looks so dark and blackish and eerie-ish.
Winning awards? Huh, the developers and architects win awards and fame while the residents have to endure with such low ceiling heights and blackish & erie-ish building, tiny swimming pool, 3 bouncing seats labelled as 'Children's playground' and cannot even put in a tennis court. Can still go on with the cons but these are already killers enough. :banghead:

There are buyers who are willing to pay a premium for it over other seemingly better located condos like Residences @ Evelyn or even Newton One, etc. Only refined classy people can appreciate the design/colour scheme of NS just like the panel of judges from all over the world who have given NS three top awards so far. I don't expect a HDB staying Ah Beng like "Teddy Bear" to appreciate it and neither would anyone care and these are the kind of people the owners of NS would not want to mix with. So it is good you find it ugly as we want to keep people like you away. If ah bengs like you start buying NS, its price will depreciate overnight.

nav14
06-10-09, 10:10

I just checked the height of the ceiling. I was wrong. It is actually 3.1 metres - higher than the standard ceiling.:tongue3:

teddybear
06-10-09, 10:13
The panel of judges are not going to live in Newton Suites away. Try asking them to pay for their units in NS and then live there for 3 years and see whether they will still give it top awards? They probably complain that they are becoming 'dwarfs' from the low ceiling and lack of facilities and yet paying so much for the units there. Uniqueness and practically are totally different matter. We buy properties to live in, we want practically in terms of livable space and comfortable environment & full facilities, not the low ceiling & blackish & eerie-ish building & facility-lacking estate that won some awards which when won are not for the residents anyway but the residents have to live with all the cons of the project. Ah Bengs can live anywhere. Living in private properties doesn't make him less Ah Beng. What a naive thinking! Huh! :D

There are buyers who are willing to pay a premium for it over other seemingly better located condos like Residences @ Evelyn or even Newton One, etc. Only refined classy people can appreciate the design/colour scheme of NS just like the panel of judges from all over the world who have given NS three top awards so far. I don't expect a HDB staying Ah Beng like "Teddy Bear" to appreciate it and neither would anyone care and these are the kind of people the owners of NS would not want to mix with. So it is good you find it ugly as we want to keep people like you away. If ah bengs like you start buying NS, its price will depreciate overnight.

teddybear
06-10-09, 10:14
Ha ha ha! Can twist and turn now! :tsk-tsk:

I just checked the height of the ceiling. I was wrong. It is actually 3.1 metres - higher than the standard ceiling.:tongue3:

nav14
06-10-09, 10:19
Ha ha ha! Can twist and turn now! :tsk-tsk:

At least I do not make myself sound stupid by implying that the ceiling is even lower than HDB flat. You think the forumers here are as stupid as you?

nav14
06-10-09, 10:21
The panel of judges are not going to live in Newton Suites away. Try asking them to pay for their units in NS and then live there for 3 years and see whether they will still give it top awards? They probably complain that they are becoming 'dwarfs' from the low ceiling and lack of facilities and yet paying so much for the units there. Uniqueness and practically are totally different matter. We buy properties to live in, we want practically in terms of livable space and comfortable environment & full facilities, not the low ceiling & blackish & eerie-ish building & facility-lacking estate that won some awards which when won are not for the residents anyway but the residents have to live with all the cons of the project. Ah Bengs can live anywhere. Living in private properties doesn't make him less Ah Beng. What a naive thinking! Huh! :D

NS is already 2 years old and they just won another award recently as mentioned in the Life section of Straits Times 2 weeks ago. Sour grapes because you can't afford it?. Just too bad life is not fair to you.:D :D

bargain hunter
06-10-09, 10:28
A word of fairness: I did not think it was possible for the ceiling to be only 2.1 to 2.3m.

but nav, care to give an unbiased comment on teddy's other sentence? "In addition, the whole unit is lack of brightness..the lift entrance is very dark and feel uncomfortable..."

At least I do not make myself sound stupid by implying that the ceiling is even lower than HDB flat. You think the forumers here are as stupid as you?

andy
06-10-09, 10:39
I am expecting a 2 bedder at NS to fetch a premium of at least $500 over a studio at LS in 5 years time. Currently 2 bedders at NS are fetching around 4.5k – 4.8k . This may go down to around 4k in 5 years due to its age (assuming rents remain stable until then). A 500+sqft studio at Vida (Cairhill) or even at other prime areas are currently fetching around 3.5k. So there should be a premium of at least $500 for a 2 bedder at NS in 5 yrs time. It might be more as NS will get a fresh coat of paint by then and it remains well maintained.

For yield, it is best to invest in a 2 bedder which is not more than 900sq ft. There is hardly any difference in rent for a similarly located 900 sqft and 1100sqft 2 bedders.
In 5 year's time NS will be 7year's old. A renter will always choose a new building over a older building if everything else is about equal. In fact, I have seen tenants choosing a smaller but new unit versus a larger old unit and be willing to pay more for the smaller unit. This is so even if the old unit is renovated:2cents:

nav14
06-10-09, 14:05
In 5 year's time NS will be 7year's old. A renter will always choose a new building over a older building if everything else is about equal. In fact, I have seen tenants choosing a smaller but new unit versus a larger old unit and be willing to pay more for the smaller unit. This is so even if the old unit is renovated:2cents:

Yes a renter will prefer a new condo then to an old one but not at the expense of paying the same rent for a studio vs a 2 bedder which are located in the immediate vicinity. Furthermore, an iconic condo like NS will have lots going for it even 5 yrs down the road and don't be surprised when the LS condos are built , NS may still be able to look better than it

nav14
06-10-09, 14:15
A word of fairness: I did not think it was possible for the ceiling to be only 2.1 to 2.3m.

but nav, care to give an unbiased comment on teddy's other sentence? "In addition, the whole unit is lack of brightness..the lift entrance is very dark and feel uncomfortable..."

The lift lobby is dark I admit but I believe this has got to do with the overall theme by the architects. But the interior of the units are very bright.

nav14
06-10-09, 14:23

To add further, yes a tenant may choose a new 800sq ft 2 bedder for a older 950sq ft 2 bedder but unlikely he is going to sacrifice an additional room by going for a studio just because it is new even though he intended to get a 2 bedder.

I had a tenant who really liked my designer decor brand new studio in another development. But he opted for a bare/basic 2 bedder in the same condo because he wanted to maximise the fixed amount allocated by his company for housing rent (it was a company lease). He might as well get an extra room and maximise what he is given. For personal leases this might not apply.

amk
06-10-09, 14:26
For investment, between LS and NS, is there even a point of argument ? NS is with immediate yield now, LS is 6ys later. $1600-$1800 psf you can find very good units in NS now, no need to go for LS. LS has to sell minimum $1800. For investment purpose I think it's no brainer.

richie$$$
06-10-09, 14:41
every1 knows property loses value over time. key thg is maintenance. can any1 share d level of maintenance in NS/

Reporter
06-10-09, 15:08

When comes to making purchases on luxurious items or big ticket items, mainland Chineses are a very aggressive lot.

When I was in Paris, they insisted that I buy high-end luxurious perfume for them. They forced me to accept their money and asked me to go into the shop and buy whatever I like to buy for them.

http://cdn.images.bloomberg.com/r06/navigation/bg_logo.png
Hong Kong luxury home deals triple on mainland buyers
Bloomberg
Hong Kong
Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Hong Kong’s luxury home sales almost tripled in September from a month earlier, as mainland Chinese residents flocked to buy flats in the city.

The registered sales of residential units worth more than HK$10 million ($1.3 million) rose to 1,351 from 500 in August, according to Land Registry figures released yesterday. A one- bedroom flat in Kowloon sold for a record HK$24.5 million, Centaline Property Agency Ltd. said last month.

Luxury home prices in Hong Kong climbed as much as 28% in the first nine months of the year, as low mortgage costs fueled buying, according to Colliers International Ltd. Prices may rise by between 5 and 10% in the next 6 to 12 months, the global real-estate broker said last month.

“The luxury home market is very active,” Buggle Lau, chief analyst at Midland Holdings Ltd., said by phone today. “Capital from the mainland and overseas is contributing.”

There is “enormous liquidity and buying” from Chinese residents, Martin Cubbon, executive director of Swire Pacific Ltd., said Sept. 29.

The aggregate number of homes registered increased to 12,285 from 11,250 in August, the government said on its Web site.

“We probably will see consolidation after home prices, especially luxury apartments, jumped quite a bit, because the market thinks interest rates may have bottomed out,” Credit Suisse analyst Cusson Leung said in a telephone interview.

Mortgage Rates

Mortgage rates in Hong Kong are the lowest in at least 19 years as banks seek to offset slower demand for other types of credit.

Lenders have cut mortgage rates “to such an extent that they might not have given due regard to the reputation risk, interest rate risk and liquidity risk potentially associated with their pricing,” Hong Kong Monetary Authority Deputy Chief Executive Y.K. Choi said Sept. 17.

“Average mortgage rates are going to pick up gradually,” Peter Wong, head of the Hong Kong unit of HSBC Holdings Plc, said in the city last week.

New mortgage loans approved fell 8.2% in August from a month earlier to HK$34.2 billion, the HKMA said last month.

Hong Kong home prices may fall in coming months as Chinese investors face a slowdown in lending growth at home, reducing their buying power, said Leung at Credit Suisse. “Mainland investors’ appetite goes along with growth of liquidity in China, which has already showed signs of slowing down,” he said.

Loans in China

China’s banks extended 410.4 billion yuan ($60.1 billion) of local-currency loans in August, up from 355.9 billion yuan in July, according to official figures. New lending in September may fall to a range between 300 billion and 400 billion yuan, China Banking Regulatory Commission Chairman Liu Mingkang said yesterday.

A one-bedroom apartment at the Masterpiece development in Hong Kong’s Kowloon district was bought for HK$30,025 a square foot last month, a record for a property of that type in the city, Centaline said. The home, with space of 816 square feet (75 square meters) was sold for HK$24.5 million.

Hong Kong is the world’s 5th-most expensive residential real estate market, after Monte Carlo, Moscow, London and Tokyo, according to Global Property Guide.

andy
06-10-09, 16:50
For investment, between LS and NS, is there even a point of argument ? NS is with immediate yield now, LS is 6ys later. $1600-$1800 psf you can find very good units in NS now, no need to go for LS. LS has to sell minimum $1800. For investment purpose I think it's no brainer.

Do you own NS or you have not noticed ppl mainly buying uncompleted projects and not resale?:doh:

teddybear
06-10-09, 17:25
I understand the term that refers to some people "dog eyes see people low" very well. Doesn't matter. Anyway, whether I can afford or not doesn't make Newton Suites a better condo estate and it is still a blackish, eerie-ish, dark in entrance and lift (more suitable for those who is not suitable to see bright day light or let people see clearly type), small swimming pool, no tennis court, 3 bouncing seats called playground type of laughable smallish crampy type of condo project. In case people get conned to buy a 'condo' unit here, be aware that the 'condo' here is actually classified as "Apartment" and not condominium" by URA. Buyers caveat emptor! :tongue3:

NS is already 2 years old and they just won another award recently as mentioned in the Life section of Straits Times 2 weeks ago. Sour grapes because you can't afford it?. Just too bad life is not fair to you.:D :D

Reporter
06-10-09, 17:42
Instead of arguing endlessly, why not sit down, relax and enjoy the beauty of this picture?

http://www.thepropertyspecialist.com/wp-content/uploads/Lincoln-Suites-Exterior-254x400.jpg

amk
06-10-09, 18:22
Do you own NS or you have not noticed ppl mainly buying uncompleted projects and not resale?:doh:
I have a vested interest in this area but not this one. From a bigger picture, the higher the LS sells, the better for every one, so I'm neutral.
Well it's just me: I see these 2 projects as being equal,each having its own merit. but for investment now, I will go NS not LS, simply because I find the upside over 1800/2000 for LS is limited. For NS now, not only u can have a yield to support the leverage, you can also benefit from the same possible upside if there is any. This is just my view.
Also Koh Bros paid close to 1500psf for the site. Even at $2000psf, taking out construction cost, it makes a mere $150 psf profit. With such low profit margin I'm a little bit concerned on the final product. And whether it will pay top dollar for architect and supplier. Compounded with the fact they are not exactly big name developers.
This is my reasoning, you of course do not have to agree. (If every one agrees, some one is not thinking :) )

orange
06-10-09, 18:35
teddybear is a cheena ah pek who like practical condos, if a bit obiang. all that modern stylish design wasted on him. just like how cheena mainlanders and obiang indo prefer 4 seasons to BLVD.

andy
06-10-09, 18:47
Instead of arguing endlessly, why not sit down, relax and enjoy the beauty of this picture?

http://www.thepropertyspecialist.com/wp-content/uploads/Lincoln-Suites-Exterior-254x400.jpg
thanks. Most sensible comment to date:cool:

moneyspinner
06-10-09, 18:49

Please

orange
06-10-09, 18:50
Teddybear's taste is a bit heartlander, due to his upbringing, but cannot blame him.

There is a reason why there is such a disparity between Park Infinia prices/rents and Newton Suites', despite Park Infinia's attributes like land size and proximity to amenities. It all sounds very good on paper.

No need for me to tell you guys that NS price and rent $psf is a good deal higher than PI.

It is pretty obvious which group of buyers have both taste AND money. They are willing to pay premium for art, design and ***y living, a concept that is totally foreign to buyers like Teddybear.

Teddybear's mantra is typically heartlander Singaporean: rooms must be square, otherwise loogi space! must have a lot of facilities so that extended family can use during weekends! must be freehold! better still, must be condo status! must be near MRT and supermarket! if don't have all this, really loogi one! bang for the buck argh!!

moneyspinner
06-10-09, 18:56
Please see attach file.

orange
06-10-09, 18:57

Newton Suites was never intended to be a family condo. Childrens playground is totally unused. Newton Suites is a yuppies condo, as can be inferred from the type of stylish cars in the carpark.

Go to skyscraper city forum, they have many Newton Suites fans there who can educate you a little on classy design, style and taste.

But i think lao obiang cheenas like you will still totally miss the point.

I am not vested in NS, but i really like it. In fact, love all SCDA and WoHa designs. That is really modern Euro design, avant garde.

I am young and loaded and drive a 335 cabrio so I am really hating on all these old foggies who shake their head everytime they see an "impractical" expensive purchase, be it a car, watch or condo! So therefore as an analogy, i hate 4 door Mercs, Rolex watches, and family practical condos like Park Infinia!

orange
06-10-09, 18:58
Please see attach file.

hello! you know how to use forum or not? alamak... primary school kid also know how to attach file or graphic URL lah!

andy
06-10-09, 19:05
I have a vested interest in this area but not this one. From a bigger picture, the higher the LS sells, the better for every one, so I'm neutral.
Well it's just me: I see these 2 projects as being equal,each having its own merit. but for investment now, I will go NS not LS, simply because I find the upside over 1800/2000 for LS is limited. For NS now, not only u can have a yield to support the leverage, you can also benefit from the same possible upside if there is any. This is just my view.
Also Koh Bros paid close to 1500psf for the site. Even at $2000psf, taking out construction cost, it makes a mere $150 psf profit. With such low profit margin I'm a little bit concerned on the final product. And whether it will pay top dollar for architect and supplier. Compounded with the fact they are not exactly big name developers.
This is my reasoning, you of course do not have to agree. (If every one agrees, some one is not thinking :) )

At last we agree on one thing. The higher LS sells and if LS sells well, the better it is for everyone who has a vented interest in this area. This includes developers. If LS is a failure then where do we go? Balestier/Novena?

Now back to the original debate which is better for investment, LS or NS? Let's not worry about how much developer paid for the land. They paid peanuts for GLS and yet they will still sell at market rate. If they paid high they must still sell if they don't make or they lose more money;)

This is my take if you must buy something in the area. Let me also make it provocative so that we get some reactions going:simmering:
Price differential >$250-$300 go for NS or PI or Viva else go for LS or Trilight

orange
06-10-09, 19:14
Teddybear's idea of condo is: must be bright, lots of space, must be "dai fong" with big driveway and the name in cursive fonts everywhere... better still if got little boy angel statue pissing in the fountain... wah lau.. this guy must be just walked out of those '80s HK movie sets, with the slick back hair and the baggy white suit and cigar in his mouth, sitting in white Mercedes SEL or Rolls Royce.

Sibeh Obiang ah!

gemstone
06-10-09, 19:49
Teddybear's idea of condo is: must be bright, lots of space, must be "dai fong" with big driveway and the name in cursive fonts everywhere... better still if got little boy angel statue pissing in the fountain... wah lau.. this guy must be just walked out of those '80s HK movie sets, with the slick back hair and the baggy white suit and cigar in his mouth, sitting in white Mercedes SEL or Rolls Royce.

Sibeh Obiang ah!

please don't be mad, it retard your inteligience.

teddybear
06-10-09, 19:51
[deleted.....]
deleted.
deleted.....................

teddybear
06-10-09, 20:09
Ha ha ha! Why you guess I am ah pek? Only those goodus pay an arm or a leg for the so-called 'modern' blackish eerie-ish and still cannot see day-light type of apartment and paying condominium price! Seems like only those 'mouse head mouse eye' type like to live in such dark apartments. Not only that, all the units so small size. Good to be used as high-class Hotel 81 like Pacific Mansion.
Real stylish design can also be practical, not those fake type.

teddybear is a cheena ah pek who like practical condos, if a bit obiang. all that modern stylish design wasted on him. just like how cheena mainlanders and obiang indo prefer 4 seasons to BLVD.

teddybear
06-10-09, 20:22
Yah lor. Newton Suites all units so small and blackish and dark, first impression from outside is that it seems designed to be a high-class Hotel 81 like Pacific Mansion. Seems to be so too. Children not suitable to live here (discourage to have children living there, so better don't have children playground). All sort of orgies happening there so must be dark and cannot see clearly is it? Ha ha ha! Those who like such condos must be such orgy type, that is why when I reveal the truth and they so worked up! Ha ha ha! Orgy mouse head get lost lah! Otherwise need to set mouse trap already. Otherwise cannot tahan I sent 1 post and he needs to send so many posts. :tongue3:
Who cares you are loaded or not? This type of people sooner or later will die of AIDS or meet accident for speeding. No cure one (luckily). Unluckily they are so near to the hospital. Ai yah, wasted, so always get saved, but never mind lah, they don't die suffer even more (cannot die but also cannot live). This type of people "eat & waste rice", don't know live in this world for what. :banghead:

Newton Suites was never intended to be a family condo. Childrens playground is totally unused. Newton Suites is a yuppies condo, as can be inferred from the type of stylish cars in the carpark.

Go to skyscraper city forum, they have many Newton Suites fans there who can educate you a little on classy design, style and taste.

But i think lao obiang cheenas like you will still totally miss the point.

I am not vested in NS, but i really like it. In fact, love all SCDA and WoHa designs. That is really modern Euro design, avant garde.

I am young and loaded and drive a 335 cabrio so I am really hating on all these old foggies who shake their head everytime they see an "impractical" expensive purchase, be it a car, watch or condo! So therefore as an analogy, i hate 4 door Mercs, Rolex watches, and family practical condos like Park Infinia!

orange
06-10-09, 21:07
haha teddybear, go back to your heartland lah. you have no business living in D9,10. maybe PI D11 is suitable for your type.

orange
06-10-09, 21:08
Stupid teddybear, want to argue with market. Market don't lie, Newton suites price and rent still higher than heartlander PI!

richie$$$
06-10-09, 21:56
cross breed betwn HDB n condo gd 4 teddy.
condo looks n facilities, HDB design square rm at HDB price

gemstone
06-10-09, 22:33
Yah lor. Newton Suites all units so small and blackish and dark, first impression from outside is that it seems designed to be a high-class Hotel 81 like Pacific Mansion. Seems to be so too. Children not suitable to live here (discourage to have children living there, so better don't have children playground). All sort of orgies happening there so must be dark and cannot see clearly is it? Ha ha ha! Those who like such condos must be such orgy type, that is why when I reveal the truth and they so worked up! Ha ha ha! Orgy mouse head get lost lah! Otherwise need to set mouse trap already. Otherwise cannot tahan I sent 1 post and he needs to send so many posts. :tongue3:
Who cares you are loaded or not? This type of people sooner or later will die of AIDS or meet accident for speeding. No cure one (luckily). Unluckily they are so near to the hospital. Ai yah, wasted, so always get saved, but never mind lah, they don't die suffer even more (cannot die but also cannot live). This type of people "eat & waste rice", don't know live in this world for what. :banghead:

I see you getting too carried away ... There was a clip on pet pigs on TV. The pigs show more inteligience than you.

richie$$$
06-10-09, 22:48
can give deep discount 2 such forumer. nt here 2 share.

teddybear
06-10-09, 23:13
So you are sharing? Ha ha ha! People here have eyes to see. I am already sharing so much by pointing out so much about things that people don't see (including the bad sides) but unfortunately sharing too much raised the irks of those with personal self-interest and they now resorting to personal attacks on me. No choice lah. Who ask me to share too much? May be I should just keep quiet and let other forumers get conned about how good these condos are so that these people with self-interest can pass on their 'babies'.

can give deep discount 2 such forumer. nt here 2 share.

teddybear
06-10-09, 23:18
Price and rent higher but net yield lower, so what for? May be some people are stupid to believe that having higher absolute rent amount is better but many are smart enough to know the trick here. They know how to look at net yield. :tongue3:

Stupid teddybear, want to argue with market. Market don't lie, Newton suites price and rent still higher than heartlander PI!

gemstone
06-10-09, 23:19
So you are sharing? Ha ha ha! People here have eyes to see. I am already sharing so much by pointing out so much about things that people don't see (including the bad sides) but unfortunately sharing too much raised the irks of those with personal self-interest and they now resorting to personal attacks on me. No choice lah. Who ask me to share too much? May be I should just keep quiet and let other forumers get conned about how good these condos are so that these people with self-interest can pass on their 'babies'.

hmm... like that ah, don't take it too hard lah.. :)

andy
06-10-09, 23:37
I agreed Teddy has probably shared too much. There are probably one or two others whose comments has lots of value if you care to digest the knowledge. These people are also into multiple forums and not just this one.

It's a pity other forumers take them either too seriously or not serious enough:2cents:

Can we get back to the topic on Lincoln Suites please?

Pls vote Yes or No, if No what other options? Thanks.

Reporter
06-10-09, 23:44
Probably need another cup of tea and another picture to cool down.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_w0WSkyfy_Vk/SpK3YwZVoPI/AAAAAAAABHE/_my-IOX0H4k/s1600/Lincoln%2BSuites1.JPG

proud owner
06-10-09, 23:52
Probably need another cup of tea and another picture to cool down.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_w0WSkyfy_Vk/SpK3YwZVoPI/AAAAAAAABHE/_my-IOX0H4k/s1600/Lincoln%2BSuites1.JPG

where exactly is Lincoln suite and Newton suite ?

teddybear
06-10-09, 23:58
Lincoln Suites just behind Newton Suite.

where exactly is Lincoln suite and Newton suite ?

andy
07-10-09, 00:06
Lincoln Suites just behind Newton Suite.

Newton Suites is precisely to the right of Lincoln Suites when looking at the picture posted by reporter. I know because I can drive to USQ in my sleep.

One thing LS will be blocked by USQ in front unless you go above 25 floors? There is probably 1 block which can peep thru Viva to the City.

Nice picture Reporter. Thanks.

amk
09-10-09, 21:57
andy I have just seen Trilight. Very nice. rooms pretty big. And the finishing at least in the showroom is nice enough. The layout is better than LS. (One lift with a star shape for the units, more privacy) And is cheaper (1800 for 2bd, 1700 for 3/4bd, but quantum bigger). If you are seriously considering LS I urge u take a look at Trilight.

bargain hunter
09-10-09, 23:40
how's the take-up rate for Trilight so far?

andy I have just seen Trilight. Very nice. rooms pretty big. And the finishing at least in the showroom is nice enough. The layout is better than LS. (One lift with a star shape for the units, more privacy) And is cheaper (1800 for 2bd, 1700 for 3/4bd, but quantum bigger). If you are seriously considering LS I urge u take a look at Trilight.

andy
10-10-09, 15:23

Saw trilight. The 2300sqft showunit feels very small. Don't know if it is the baywindows or large planters or the layout. Pricing starts about $1650 for the 2bedder. Not really that impressed with the quality.

Also note that they shared a common driveway with the small 10floor builing next door

amk
11-10-09, 11:19
I posted my impression of trilight at its thread. u can take a look. in short a little diff from yours, I guess just diff ppl diff taste.
anyway not to OT too much here, did u talk to those eager LS agents outside Novena Square ? funny such a makeshift "stall" kind of practice. Koh Bro better setup a proper show venue asap. If not the image maybe tarnished. I saw a few girls with short/tight outfits handing out flyers, and I actually thought they were for some new opening bars outside NS :D

bargain hunter
11-10-09, 11:57
Bid to stop re-routing of road rejected

A SPAT between two developers about the re-routing of an access road has gone all the way to the Court of Appeal.
Both Pacific Rover and Yickvi Realty have condominium projects on adjoining parcels of land off Newton Road. But Yickvi had a right-of-way access road to its new 11-storey property that cut through Pacific Rover’s land.
Pacific Rover, which had received planning permission to build two 30-storey residential units, wanted to optimise land usage and shift part of the access road nearer to the property’s boundary. Its condominium, called Trilight, is due to be completed in April 2011.
Yickvi initially agreed to the request, provided the subterranean electric cables, pipes and other service installations beneath the road were shifted in line with the newly adjusted road.
But talks broke down last year and the case went to the High Court, which ruled Yickvi could not object to the road shift as it would not cause a major inconvenience to the occupants of its building.
Yickvi, through lawyers from Rajah & Tann, appealed to the highest court, which agreed with the earlier ruling but ordered Pacific Rover to make sure Yickvi had immediate access, whenever reasonably required, to maintain and repair the cables running under the original route.
The Court of Appeal made clear the inconvenience caused by the realignment of the access road was not the real issue.
Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong, in delivering the grounds on the court’s behalf, said: ‘First, because of the scarcity of land in Singapore, land should be allowed to be developed to its optimal potential as permitted by planning law and the claimant suffers no injury or inconvenience as a result.’
He added that allowing the road shift would prevent further suits taking place and this was a second public benefit.
Lawyers from Rodyk & Davidson, acting for Pacific Rovers, said the judgment was a landmark move as past cases showed a right-of-way cannot be changed without the consent of the party who held that right.
Lawyer Ling Tien Wah said the court showed in this case that, in certain circumstances, the change could go ahead.
‘The court held the owner of the right could not stop the other party from realigning the right-of-way, provided it was advantageous to both parties,’ he said.
DEVELOP LAND OPTIMALLY

‘Because of the scarcity of land in Singapore, land should be allowed to be developed to its optimal potential as permitted by planning law and the claimant suffers no injury or inconvenience as a result.’ -Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong
Source : Straits Times – 29 Sep 2009

Saw trilight. The 2300sqft showunit feels very small. Don't know if it is the baywindows or large planters or the layout. Pricing starts about $1650 for the 2bedder. Not really that impressed with the quality.

Also note that they shared a common driveway with the small 10floor builing next door

moneyspinner
18-10-09, 14:22
Lincoln Suites has studios and fancy facilities
http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-10-18/lincoln_suites.jpg Lincoln Suites a Freehold project in District 11 not only has a modest number of studios, it also has a long list of fancy facilities to tempt buyers.

The project is located along Khiang Guan Avenue, just beside United Square in Novena. Novena MRT and Novena Square is about a 350m walk away. Orchard is just down the road, about a 5 minute drive away.

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-10-18/lincoln_suites_map.jpg

The project layout superimposed on a satellite image (for rough illustration purpose only).

While all details are still sketchy (and are subject to change), we understand that Interest Absorption Scheme (IAS) and the standard progressive payment scheme will be available. Previews should be starting on the 22nd of October.

Project Details:

Lease: Freehold
Site Area: 59,986 sqft
Address: Khiang Guan Avenue (to be confirmed)
Developer: Koh Brothers
Estimated TOP: 2014
Floors: 30
Units: 175 total
Studio (44) 1BR (22)
2BR (42) 2BR+Study (24)
3BR (14) 3BR+Study (4)
4BR (14) 4BR+Study (4)
3BR Duplex (2) 4BR Duplex (2)
Penthouse (3)
Typical Sizes:
Studio (460 - 478 sqft)
1BR (534 - 537 sqft)
2BR (1039 - 1091 sqft)
2BR+Study (1102 - 1136 sqft)
3BR (1590 sqft)
3BR+Study (1650 sqft)
4BR (1830 sqft)
4BR+Study (1902 sqft)
3BR Duplex (2626 sqft)
4BR Duplex (3035 sqft)
Penthouse (3703, 4855, 5490 sqft)

bargain hunter
19-10-09, 10:58
Does anyone find the huge planters and bay windows very irritating? They're everywhere! Really complete with bay windows in kitchen and planters in toilet. some planters even appear to be beside walls. I wonder how to access these planters, even if only to put potted plants.

Even the smallest 463 sq ft studio has that big planter beside the wall and another small planter outside the bath and another planter outside the balcony. :doh:

The more I look at it, the more angry i get at this kind of developer.

andy
19-10-09, 11:08
Does anyone find the huge planters and bay windows very irritating? They're everywhere! Really complete with bay windows in kitchen and planters in toilet. some planters even appear to be beside walls. I wonder how to access these planters, even if only to put potted plants.

Even the smallest 463 sq ft studio has that big planter beside the wall and another small planter outside the bath and another planter outside the balcony. :doh:

I think the planters area are here to stay for a while. Even trilight has lots of it.

However the feng shui experts may not like that one of the towers faces directly a very sharp edge angle wall of United Square:banghead:

Any idea when the showflat will be ready. They have been advertising for months?

echotrain
19-10-09, 11:11

Can plant money plant?

echotrain
19-10-09, 11:12
I think the planters area are here to stay for a while. Even trilight has lots of it.

However the feng shui experts may not like that one of the towers faces directly a very sharp edge angle wall of United Square:banghead:

Any idea when the showflat will be ready. They have been advertising for months?

Hmm, you are right, didn't notice it.

bargain hunter
19-10-09, 11:15
i agree with the fengshui.

showflat is ready. preview on 22nd oct, this thurs. do go down and update on sales response if you are free. :) Don't think I have time to go down.

i think this one has overly exaggerated its bay windows and planters. please, who puts a big bay window in the kitchen?! what use is that?

bargain hunter
19-10-09, 11:20
some of the planters look like:

1) enter bath area/bath tub.
2) climb over window to get to air-con ledge.
3) from air-con ledge access planter.

But can't be, that's too dangerous. So the planter behind the wall is useless?! Hopefully someone who visits the showflat can shed some light on how this is so. :)

Can plant money plant?

stalingrad
19-10-09, 12:19
some of the planters look like:

1) enter bath area/bath tub.
2) climb over window to get to air-con ledge.
3) from air-con ledge access planter.

But can't be, that's too dangerous. So the planter behind the wall is useless?! Hopefully someone who visits the showflat can shed some light on how this is so. :)

Some of the planters are big enough for a big elephant to live in them. and there are no maids' rooms. where would the maid be sleeping? together with the employers in the master bedroom?

definitely not going to buy!!!

Reporter
21-10-09, 00:59
http://asiabuilders.com/asiabuilderSource/Company/conSG/logos/25803l1.gif http://www.emfis.de/uploads/tx_asiabeitrag2/Heetonlogo.JPG http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YlvEjlIelzk/SAgUQmfJ7qI/AAAAAAAAKZU/QMFd-HSvGZ4/s400/KSH+Holdings+Limited.jpg http://www.lianbeng.com.sg/Pictures/Banner_r1_c1.jpg

Consortium To Soft Launch Highly Anticipated Lincoln Suites
Singapore
Tuesday, 20 October 2009

- 175-unit, 30-storey luxury twin towers comprising 44 studio units, 124 1-
to 4-bedroom units, four duplexes and three penthouses

- A “Sky Gym”; Four different wings of facilities; Wireless Multi-Room Music System are all part of unique offerings

Koh Brothers Group Limited (“Koh Brothers Group”), Heeton Holdings Limited (“Heeton Holdings”), KSH Holdings Limited (“KSH Holdings”) and Lian Beng Group Ltd (“Lian Beng Group”) (collectively known as the “Consortium”), announced that it will soft launch the highly anticipated joint development, Lincoln Suites, to invited guests on October 22, 2009.

Distinguished by its sleek silhouette, Lincoln Suites is a 30-storey, freehold, 175-unit luxury twin tower condominium development conveniently located along Khiang Guan Avenue, off Newton Road. Less than two minutes‟ walk from the Novena MRT Station and directly across the popular Goldhill Plaza and United Square Shopping Mall and just a five minutes‟ drive away from Orchard Road, Lincoln Suites is slated to dazzle the neighbourhood with its balance of high glamour and cutting edgetechnology.

To be developed on a land area of 59,986 sq ft, this luxury development will comprise 44 studio units, 124 1- to 4-bedroom units, four duplexes and three penthouses, with sizes ranging from approximately 463 sq ft to 5,490 sq ft.

Said Mr Francis Koh, CEO and Managing Director of Koh Brothers, “With our collaborative efforts, Lincoln Suites is uniquely created as the epitome of luxury, urban contemporary living. Together, we endeavour to create an unrivalled living experience for all residents at Lincoln Suites. Hence we have engaged top-notch architect and designer to achieve architectural brilliance and enhance the development‟s overall ambience.

“Lincoln Suites is ultimately a lifestyle solution designed to fulfill the dreams of young and trendy buyers. Given its excellent location, within close proximity to two shopping and dining experiences in both Novena and Orchard, work areas, medical facilities as well as a host of well-regarded local and international schools less than 2 km away, we are confident that Lincoln Suites will appeal to professionals, individuals and families who seek quality homes at attractive prices.

“We have noted that the proportion of mid- to high-end private homes sold has increased in the past months. With this in view, we have been monitoring the market closely and will consider attractive offers for our units at Lincoln Suites to reflect current market prices in the area.”

Lincoln Suites is an ingenious integration of clean architectural lines and ultra-modern facilities within a relaxed ambience – a true rhapsody of urban living. Wrapped in an optically dazzling and constantly shifting pattern of horizontal silver metal bands, the twin towers will introduce radiance from within and illuminate each individual apartment, giving a „glazing‟ effect. Twin vertical lights will illuminate radiance to the twin towers, thereby accentuating shadow and light to give a different perspective to this prized development. When night falls, the twin vertical lights emanate a soft glow that sparks and creates a different character to the night sky scene.

Connected by a sky bridge on the 24th level, the twin towers are consigned on an elevated podium, where car parking facilities and the podium roof are located. The podium roof will also allow residents abundant space for leisure recreational activities.

Designed to offer abundant natural lighting and outdoor space, Lincoln Suites is a “vertical village” with cascading sky gardens and private planters. Residents will also get to enjoy breathtaking, unobstructed distance views at the Sky Gym on the Sky Bridge, which connects the twin towers on the 24th level. Here is where wellness activities and fine dining facilities will be designated.

“The Sky Gym would be one of the first sky-high elevated gyms in Singapore, offering breathtaking and unobstructed views of the prime surroundings,” added Mr Koh.

Beneath its highly decorative architectural garment, Lincoln Suites is further dramatised with landscaping through the use of vertical green planting which extends from ground level to the landscaped deck at level five. Each unit will have its own balcony and green planter to project a tropical living lifestyle, complete with full height windows. Combined with the „glazing‟ exterior, a sense that the twin towers are sprouting out from the green acre of land is created.

With its broad spatial arrangement, the development offers four different wings of facilities – Family wing, Leisure Wing, Club Wing and Wellness Wing - which provide multiple opportunities for social interaction while maintaining the privacy of the individual units through generous spacing of the building blocks. Different dining experiences, from Italian to Korean, Japanese and Western delicacies, will be available at the Club Wing.

Tasteful choice of top quality branded and imported finishes complete the meticulous design of Lincoln Suites. Amongst others, each unit will also feature a unique SONOS Wireless Multi-Room Music System, which allows different music to be played in the living and master bedroom at the same time, through the use of one central control system. WiFi zones and concierge services will also be available to residents.

“With its central location and close proximity to Novena MRT station, coupled with a unique exquisite design and quality finishes, we are confident that buyers will find Lincoln Suites a worthwhile investment,” said Mr Danny Low, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director of Heeton Holdings.

“Through our combined strengths, we have created a development unlike others. We believe that investors will be able to appreciate the unrivalled offerings presented in this unique development,” added Mr Choo Chee Onn, Executive Chairman and Managing Director of KSH Holdings.

Mr Ong Pang Aik BBM, the Chairman and Managing Director of Lian Beng Group, added: “The development has much to offer in terms of location, design, facilities and quality finishes. We believe that it should prove to be a good buy for those looking for a home, as well as for others looking for a sound investment.”

Issued on behalf of: Koh Brothers Group Limited, Heeton Holdings Limited, KSH Holdings Limited and Lian Beng Group Ltd
By: .......................... Citigate Dewe Rogerson, i.MAGE Pte Ltd

Reporter
21-10-09, 11:02
Lincoln Suites launched at average $1,680 psf
The Business Times
Wednesday, 21 October 2009

The four property developers who jointly bought freehold Lincoln Lodge more than two years ago in a collective sale intend to launch the project tomorrow, they said yesterday.

The developers – Koh Brothers, Heeton Holdings, KSH Holdings and Lian Beng Group – paid $243 million for the District 11 property along Khiang Guan Avenue at the height of the property boom in June 2007. But they put off launching the project as the property market went south soon after.

Now, with the market seemingly staging a recovery, the 175-unit Lincoln Suites will be rolled out, beginning with invited guests tomorrow. The first phase of the launch will see 56 units offered at an average price of $1,680 per square foot (psf).

The consortium paid significantly more than the reserve price of $188 million for the project in 2007 as it was ‘very interested’ in the site. There were several bids for the site.

It was then estimated that the $243 million forked out worked out to $1,449 psf per plot ratio (ppr) including an estimated development charge (DC) of $413,000.

However, Koh Brothers chief executive Francis Koh said yesterday that since there was no DC payable – among various things – the land cost has since been lowered to around $1,200 psf ppr. Launching the property at $1,680 psf during the first phase will therefore still give the developers a ‘healthy’ margin, Mr Koh said. Prices could be raised when units are launched in subsequent phases.

‘We have partners who are contractors. So we tried to keep the construction cost low, without compromising on the quality,’ said Mr Koh. Construction costs have fallen 15-20% over the past year. The developers also allowed occupants to keep renting apartments while holding off tearing down the existing project, and the rental income from this will subsidise building costs, he added.

The interest absorption scheme (IAS) is being offered at the property at a 2% premium over the normal progressive payment scheme. Under the IAS, a property purchaser will not have to make any significant payment (apart from the upfront 10-20% downpayment) until the housing project is completed.

The 30-storey Lincoln Suites will have 44 studio units, 124 one to four-bedroom units, four duplexes and three penthouses. Apartment sizes will range from 463 sq ft to 5,490 sq ft. Many of the units will be small as current market sentiment favours building smaller apartments, said Mr Koh.

Construction is expected to being in the second half of 2010 and the project will receive its temporary occupation permit by end-2014.

Property_Owner
23-10-09, 12:14
total 39 units sold yesterday

bargain hunter
23-10-09, 14:53
the showflat is EXTREMELY misleading.

463sq ft, but it doesn't show the portion of the kitchen which is sticking out and instead pushes the sink into a wall area.

Half the sofa is sitting on the balcony area where there would otherwise be a sliding door. The planter outside the master bedroom is actually not accessible but the showflat shows it to be accessible with an opening instead of a window.

bargain hunter
23-10-09, 15:03
the 1119sq ft 3 bedroom showflat is just as bad. Half the dining and living area are on the balcony as well. They are so ashamed of their tiny 3rd bedroom that they converted it into a walk in wardrobe for the master bedroom. They made the entrance to the 3 bedroom as almost the entire wall of the living room. Had we entered by the actual main door, would have to walk a corridor of wasted space to pass the entire kitchen before reaching the living/dining area.

the showflat is EXTREMELY misleading.

463sq ft, but it doesn't show the portion of the kitchen which is sticking out and instead pushes the sink into a wall area.

Half the sofa is sitting on the balcony area where there would otherwise be a sliding door. The planter outside the master bedroom is actually not accessible but the showflat shows it to be accessible with an opening instead of a window.

andy
23-10-09, 15:03

Do you know what sizes and what $psf sold for these units?

richie$$$
23-10-09, 17:50
all comments i c. i think i better go 4 1-2 yr old project sub-sale.

East Coast Boy
23-10-09, 19:53
One of the high floor Studio unit sold for $2,200psf...:doh: :doh: :doh:

Few Lincoin Lodge Owners brought 10 units in this project. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

They got $2M+ form the En-block Sales, now they buy back form the developer with $1,700+psf :doh: :doh: :doh:

andy
23-10-09, 20:00
One of the high floor Studio unit sold for $2,200psf...:doh: :doh: :doh:

What size unit for $2200psf?

Bought by agent of developer to pace the crowd?

andy
23-10-09, 20:01
all comments i c. i think i better go 4 1-2 yr old project sub-sale.

Is there a 4.5year project which has not TOP nearby? Iridium?

Reporter
23-10-09, 20:07
What size unit for $2200psf?

Bought by agent of developer to pace the crowd?
I think more like bought to hedge against upcoming price surge in District 9?

The question now is "how do we hedge against Lincoln Suites?"

OUE was thought to have been stuck with the Angullia Park site because they had overpaid for it at $1,730 psf ppr. :doh:

Now it seems that these Hong Kong China Sonangol people think that the site is worth $2,058 psf ppr !!! :scared-4:

Maybe it is cheap compared to the S$13,000 psf at 39 Conduit Road. :spliff:

Will China Sonangol bring over with them those rich mainland Chinese to buy up this whole place? :spliff2:

I can feel the ground rumbling, like an earthquake is coming ...

This type of situation is very stressful.

One wrong move (or even no move) and you will end up on the wrong side of the wealth divide.

http://sg.yimg.com/i/sg/providers/cnalogo4.gif
The Parisian site at Angullia Park sold for S$283M
Wong SiewYing
Channel NewsAsia
Thursday, 22 October 2009, 2047 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phplsaVKA.jpg

The freehold site at Angullia Park that The Parisian sits on has been sold for S$283 million.

The buyer is China Sonangol Land, part of the China Sonangol international holding company headquartered in Hong Kong.

According to real estate consultancy CB Richard Ellis which brokered the deal, this is the biggest private residential land sale in two years.

The site, located near Orchard Road, can accommodate a 36-storey development comprising 52 three and four-bedroom units and two penthouses.

The Parisian was bought by developer Overseas Union Enterprise in a collective sale for S$228.1 million in December 2006.

In a filing with the Singapore Exchange, OUE said, the transaction presents the group with an opportunity to review its financing strategy for its property development business segment.

By selling the Parisian, OUE said it can focus its resources on its other project The Grangeford.

The sale will result in a profit for the Group of about S$19.1 million as at 30 June 2009.

It will also result in a rise in net tangible assets per share from S$10.84 to S$10.94, based on OUE's group results for Financial Year 2008.

And earnings per share will increase from S$0.21 to S$0.31 after the transaction.

CBRE said the purchase price of S$283 million will translate to about S$2,058 per square foot per plot ratio, with breakeven price estimated at S$2,500 to $2,600 psf.

It added that depending on the launch date the selling price could be around S$3,500 psf.

andy
23-10-09, 20:26
I think more like bought to hedge against upcoming price surge in District 9?

The question now is "how do we hedge against Lincoln Suites?"

Good point. The breakeven for orchard view is now about $2500psf. Hence 3000psf should be the selling price?

When will Orchard View TOP?

Reporter
23-10-09, 22:10
Good point. The breakeven for orchard view is now about $2500psf. Hence 3000psf should be the selling price?

When will Orchard View TOP?
I think you meant $3,000 psf is the minimum selling price.

I am not sure about the TOP date. Since they are fixing the frame now, it might be in 3-6 months time.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Orchard View ..... CCR ........ 3 ............................. 3 ................................ 3,181 ........... 3,155 ............. 3,057

andy
23-10-09, 22:22
I think you meant $3,000 psf is the minimum selling price.

I am not sure about the TOP date. Since they are fixing the frame now, it might be in 3-6 months time.

Sorry I got mixed up between Orchard View (formerly ANGULLIA View) and The Parisian, 21 Angullia Park.

The Parisian with its new purchase price should break even around $2500psf. Selling price should be at least $3000psf, right?

Why CBRE says it should be around $3500psf?

Reporter
23-10-09, 23:06
Sorry I got mixed up between Orchard View (formerly ANGULLIA View) and The Parisian, 21 Angullia Park.

The Parisian with its new purchase price should break even around $2500psf. Selling price should be at least $3000psf, right?

Why CBRE says it should be around $3500psf?
CBRE is making a very conservative estimate with $3,500 psf. They could not imagine the final figure. It could be much more than $5,000 psf.

Hong Kong developers have been organising fully-paid-for tours for tycoons from the mainland China. One of the itinerary of these tour is a lunch-shopping trip to a showroom, where these tycoons can grab all they want, a $8,888 psf item, a $13,000 psf item or the best-of-the-best-$20,000 psf item.

With this purchase, China Sonangol will be adding a new destination for these tours - Singapore. These tycoons hate to be labelled as "cheapskate". The last thing China Sonangol want to do is to make them "lose face" when they are back in their homeland after a Singapore tour.

Just ask youself these questions:
1. Are China Sonangol buying this site to compete against the local big boys who have all the cost advantage?
2. If China Sonangol can't beat the local big boys in terms of cost, why should they even bother to buy the site?
3. Are China Sonangol willing to offend their most-valuable customers by offering them a condo that is not the most expensive in Singapore and costs just 25% of those in Hong Kong?

bargain hunter
24-10-09, 01:17
i think he meant '4' = for 1 to 2 year projects nearby. maybe referring to PI and just TOP Iridium.

DKSG
24-10-09, 01:47
I going tomorrow ...

Any other feedback for this project ?

DKSG

jlrx
24-10-09, 02:34
CBRE is making a very conservative estimate with $3,500 psf. They could not imagine the final figure. It could be much more than $5,000 psf.

Hong Kong developers have been organising fully-paid-for tours for tycoons from the mainland China. One of the itinerary of these tour is a lunch-shopping trip to a showroom, where these tycoons can grab all they want, a $8,888 psf item, a $13,000 psf item or the best-of-the-best-$20,000 psf item.

With this purchase, China Sonangol will be adding a new destination for these tours - Singapore. These tycoons hate to be labelled as "cheapskate". The last thing China Sonangol want to do is to make them "lose face" when they are back in their homeland after a Singapore tour.

Just ask youself these questions:
1. Are China Sonangol buying this site to compete against the local big boys who have all the cost advantage?
2. If China Sonangol can't beat the local big boys in terms of cost, why should they even bother to buy the site?
3. Are China Sonangol willing to offend their most-valuable customers by offering them a condo that is not the most expensive in Singapore and costs just 25% of those in Hong Kong?

Wow ... what will happen if China Sonangol sell-out their entire project to China tycoons at $8,888 psf? :scared-4: (Since China/ Hong Kong people like the number '8' so much).

Let me create a fictitious news headline:

The Singapore Times

Oct 24, 2010

Sonangol @ Angullia Park Sold Out at $8,888 psf

China Sonangol, which last year bought The Parisian at 21 Angullia Park from OUE for $283 million, or a unit land price of $2,058 psf ppr, has sold out their new project before launch. The average selling price was $8,888 psf.

The entire project has been sold-out to China mainland buyers who came to Singapore on an all-expenses-paid property-buying tour.

Local buyers who submitted their blank cheques through their agents, hoping to buy a unit, have had their cheques returned.

The project, sitting on 21 Angullia Park, is 46 storeys tall but the highest floor is numbered the 88th floor. This is in keeping with Hong Kong's tradition of numbering the floors with auspicious numbers.

The address has also been changed from 21 Angullia Park to 88 Angullia Park because China buyers like the number "8" very much.

bargain hunter
24-10-09, 10:09
Let us know what you think. Hope I am not the only heavy critic of this project. :) Let us know the response too. If 10 of 39 sold last Thursday was to former Lincoln Lodge owners, as mentioned in one of the posts, then it is not so hot afterall.

I going tomorrow ...

DKSG

richie$$$
24-10-09, 15:35
go for 1-2 yrs old project. not 4 1/2 yr project

andy
24-10-09, 15:44
I going tomorrow ...

DKSG

The showflat is nothing to shout about. Finishing are above average.

Overall about 40 over units sold I'm told.

I cannot imagine renting the studio @ 474sqft. It is so small and yet much of the area is taken by balcony and planters.

Many units of studio units have been sold and even lower floors hitting above $2000psf. One unit above 20th floor went for 2200psf (anyone can confim?)

They told me studio units can command $4K rental which I refuse to believe. But maybe if lease period is for 3 to 6 months.

The biggest plus about LS is the endless facilities sky bridge gym and sky terraces, clubs and wellness wing. It is more like a hotel with a 50m "almost indoor" pool.

The downside is the small land area with no tennis courts. Regardless of the MM units my take is that this development is likely to do well.:2cents:

august
24-10-09, 16:52
Many units of studio units have been sold and even lower floors hitting above $2000psf. One unit above 20th floor went for 2200psf (anyone can confim?)

They told me studio units can command $4K rental which I refuse to believe. But maybe if lease period is for 3 to 6 months.

The biggest plus about LS is the endless facilities sky bridge gym and sky terraces, clubs and wellness wing. It is more like a hotel with a 50m "almost indoor" pool.

The downside is the small land area with no tennis courts. Regardless of the MM units my take is that this development is likely to do well.:2cents:

at 2k or 2.2k psf might as well buy Sail studio or MBR ....

DKSG
24-10-09, 19:04
Just came back from the showflat.

I am shocked with the price ! Overall, the concept is good, it stands out from the rest of the condos in the area. This is more like the Icon kinda concept, where we expect most of the units to be rented out to people who maximise the facilities (ie high wear and tear if not careful).

This certainly set the benchmark price for Novena/Newton area.

Was keen on stack 7, but guess dont have the guts to buy something at benchmark prices ...

DKSG

andy
24-10-09, 19:20
Just came back from the showflat.

I am shocked with the price ! Overall, the concept is good, it stands out from the rest of the condos in the area. This is more like the Icon kinda concept, where we expect most of the units to be rented out to people who maximise the facilities (ie high wear and tear if not careful).

This certainly set the benchmark price for Novena/Newton area.

Was keen on stack 7, but guess dont have the guts to buy something at benchmark prices ...

DKSG

Yes this is benchmark prices for this area.
Also it is a bet on the life-style where you use the unit for sleeping and the rest of the facilities on the 24th floor for time-share entertainment & recreation, including outdoor gourmet kitchen.

I think it's gonna to be a winner;)

The quantum for <500sqft or even at <1100sqft is still affordable at 2000psf. Let's see how the market reacts.

jlrx
24-10-09, 19:22

What a difference a year makes.

Koh Brothers et al. were looking like the biggest suckers who had overpaid for the Lincoln Lodge en bloc at $1,450 psf ppr.

Now it seems that the land cost has been lowered to $1,200 psf ppr due to development charge adjustments, and they are able to sell at $2,000+ psf !!! :scared-4:

Looks like fortune favours the bold. :spliff:

andy
24-10-09, 19:31
What a difference a year makes.

Koh Brothers et al. were looking like the biggest suckers who had overpaid for the Lincoln Lodge en bloc at $1,450 psf ppr.

Now it seems that the land cost has been lowered to $1,200 psf ppr due to development charge adjustments, and they are able to sell at $2,000+ psf !!! :scared-4:

Looks like fortune favours the bold. :spliff:

I don't understand why OUE sold The Parisian to Sonangol Land.

OUE already rode the downturn and sold it after prices has started to climb and construction has also began. I believe OUE should have waited like the Koh Brothers:doh:

bargain hunter
24-10-09, 21:28
what are you talking about? 1033sq ft 2 bedder i was quoted 15xxpsf, what is this talk about 2000psf? isn't it only the tiniest studios on high floors that are sold above 2000psf?

Yes this is benchmark prices for this area.
Also it is a bet on the life-style where you use the unit for sleeping and the rest of the facilities on the 24th floor for time-share entertainment & recreation, including outdoor gourmet kitchen.

I think it's gonna to be a winner;)

The quantum for <500sqft or even at <1100sqft is still affordable at 2000psf. Let's see how the market reacts.

jlrx
24-10-09, 21:38
I don't understand why OUE sold The Parisian to Sonangol Land.

OUE already rode the downturn and sold it after prices has started to climb and construction has also began. I believe OUE should have waited like the Koh Brothers:doh:

I think OUE has been a bit unnerved already.

They still have The Grangeford site which they had bought at $1,810 psf ppr.

Maybe they don't want to bear too much risk in case the market turns downwards again; and also perhaps they might want to raise capital to reduce their financing cost for developing The Grangeford.

When the market "cheong" upwards, everyone was very bold in buying (just look at Bukit Sembawang) but when the market turned downwards, everyone got butterflies in their stomach. :scared-3:

I'm sure Koh Brothers must have been peeing in their pants over the past year (thanking heaven that they were not in this alone, with partners Heeton, KSH and Lian Beng), but now they must be regretting why they hadn't bought Lincoln Lodge on their own. :banghead:

andy
24-10-09, 21:43
what are you talking about? 1033sq ft 2 bedder i was quoted 15xxpsf, what is this talk about 2000psf? isn't it only the tiniest studios on high floors that are sold above 2000psf?

Between 10-15th floor, 1033 => $18xxpsf
Between 10-15th floor, studio => $20xxpsf

bargain hunter
24-10-09, 23:45
in that case, trilight 2 bedder is a better buy if we strictly compare between the 2.

andy
25-10-09, 00:03
in that case, trilight 2 bedder is a better buy if we strictly compare between the 2.
Have seen both.
Non noon sun units of Trilight face a 6 lane newton road. LS will be quieter.

Quantum for the 1100 sqft units are about the same for both but LS definitely more rentable in my opinion.:2cents:

Capital gains, I'm still undecided but I'm watching Dunearn Gardens and Rosevale;)

mr funny
25-10-09, 01:35
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,355517-1256155140,00.html?

Published October 21, 2009

By UMA SHANKARI

THE four property developers who jointly bought freehold Lincoln Lodge more than two years ago in a collective sale intend to launch the project tomorrow, they said yesterday.

The developers - Koh Brothers, Heeton Holdings, KSH Holdings and Lian Beng Group - paid $243 million for the District 11 property along Khiang Guan Avenue at the height of the property boom in June 2007. But they put off launching the project as the property market went south soon after.

Now, with the market seemingly staging a recovery, the 175-unit Lincoln Suites will be rolled out, beginning with invited guests tomorrow. The first phase of the launch will see 56 units offered at an average price of $1,680 per square foot (psf).

The consortium paid significantly more than the reserve price of $188 million for the project in 2007 as it was 'very interested' in the site. There were several bids for the site.

It was then estimated that the $243 million forked out worked out to $1,449 psf per plot ratio (ppr) including an estimated development charge (DC) of $413,000.

However, Koh Brothers chief executive Francis Koh said yesterday that since there was no DC payable - among various things - the land cost has since been lowered to around $1,200 psf ppr. Launching the property at $1,680 psf during the first phase will therefore still give the developers a 'healthy' margin, Mr Koh said. Prices could be raised when units are launched in subsequent phases.

'We have partners who are contractors. So we tried to keep the construction cost low, without compromising on the quality,' said Mr Koh. Construction costs have fallen 15-20 per cent over the past year. The developers also allowed occupants to keep renting apartments while holding off tearing down the existing project, and the rental income from this will subsidise building costs, he added.

The interest absorption scheme (IAS) is being offered at the property at a 2 per cent premium over the normal progressive payment scheme. Under the IAS, a property purchaser will not have to make any significant payment (apart from the upfront 10-20 per cent downpayment) until the housing project is completed.

The 30-storey Lincoln Suites will have 44 studio units, 124 one to four-bedroom units, four duplexes and three penthouses. Apartment sizes will range from 463 sq ft to 5,490 sq ft. Many of the units will be small as current market sentiment favours building smaller apartments, said Mr Koh.

Construction is expected to being in the second half of 2010 and the project will receive its temporary occupation permit by end-2014.

Reporter
25-10-09, 09:48
Wow!
It seems like there is quite a contrast between what was reported and what happened on the ground?

Uma Shankari
The Business Times
Wednesday, 21 October 2009

The four property developers who jointly bought freehold Lincoln Lodge more than two years ago in a collective sale intend to launch the project tomorrow, they said yesterday.

The developers – Koh Brothers, Heeton Holdings, KSH Holdings and Lian Beng Group – paid $243 million for the District 11 property along Khiang Guan Avenue at the height of the property boom in June 2007. But they put off launching the project as the property market went south soon after.

The consortium paid significantly more than the reserve price of $188 million for the project in 2007 as it was ‘very interested’ in the site. There were several bids for the site.

However, Koh Brothers chief executive Francis Koh said yesterday that since there was no DC payable – among various things – the land cost has since been lowered to around $1,200 psf ppr. Launching the property at $1,680 psf during the first phase will therefore still give the developers a ‘healthy’ margin, Mr Koh said. Prices could be raised when units are launched in subsequent phases.

‘We have partners who are contractors. So we tried to keep the construction cost low, without compromising on the quality,’ said Mr Koh. Construction costs have fallen 15-20% over the past year. The developers also allowed occupants to keep renting apartments while holding off tearing down the existing project, and the rental income from this will subsidise building costs, he added.

The interest absorption scheme (IAS) is being offered at the property at a 2% premium over the normal progressive payment scheme. Under the IAS, a property purchaser will not have to make any significant payment (apart from the upfront 10-20% downpayment) until the housing project is completed.

richie$$$
25-10-09, 10:59
Have seen both.

hello. normal road lah like in any estate.
u say as if it's a CTE/PIE highway.
LS sandwiched betwn bldgs wth no views?

richie$$$
25-10-09, 11:10
now prices move n can move again upwards. aaaaargh. talk talk talk
scared of this scared of that

my comments
new launches obviously smaller in sizes wth lots of creative space. new launches mny older investors complain.
demand still there lor for ppl who missed boats n yg couples.
developers recoup land cost

sub-sale prices still nt catch up. n completed. wht u c is wht u get.
i hear 3 fund mgrs waiting to buy (hear only - only ura show later)

teddybear
25-10-09, 11:19
My issue is not with the 6 lane roads, but rather when travelling on Newton Road (or along Bukit Timah Road or Dunearn Road or Scotts Road) and going into Newton Circus, always jammed like hell and accidents are common there. Obviously, not facing a busy and noisy road is better.

Have seen both.

Quantum for the 1100 sqft units are about the same for both but LS definitely more rentable in my opinion.:2cents:

Capital gains, I'm still undecided but I'm watching Dunearn Gardens and Rosevale;)

andy
25-10-09, 11:57
hello. normal road lah like in any estate.
u say as if it's a CTE/PIE highway.
LS sandwiched betwn bldgs wth no views?

I've lived along Newton road, have you?:doh:

andy
25-10-09, 12:11
My issue is not with the 6 lane roads, but rather when travelling on Newton Road (or along Bukit Timah Road or Dunearn Road or Scotts Road) and going into Newton Circus, always jammed like hell and accidents are common there. Obviously, not facing a busy and noisy road is better.

Not so bad as you described. LS also have to pass thru S'pore only Circus. Going by Thomson isn't much better since getting into United Square is always jammed..............

august
25-10-09, 13:23
sooner or later will put ERP there one... :)

teddybear
25-10-09, 14:26
Actually can avoid passing through Newton Circus most of the time if you are on the Novena MRT side (but not for those near Newton MRT side like Trilight etc). Needing to get any of the small road along there like Khiang Guan Road is a pain.

Not so bad as you described. LS also have to pass thru S'pore only Circus. Going by Thomson isn't much better since getting into United Square is always jammed..............

ekl2ekl2
25-10-09, 14:33
Heard Agent mentioned that at least 41 of the first batch of 56 units sold. Public launch next weekend. Wonder how much Lincoln Residence is selling now. It was selling at 1300pfs for 4 rm. How come that project which comes with a tennis court and pool, is still not a sellout?

naleem
25-10-09, 15:04
Heard Agent mentioned that at least 41 of the first batch of 56 units sold. Public launch next weekend. Wonder how much Lincoln Residence is selling now. It was selling at 1300pfs for 4 rm. How come that project which comes with a tennis court and pool, is still not a sellout?

Heard from the marketing agent that the 3BR and 3+1BR units at Lincoln Residences are already sold out. What's left now are the bigger 4 BR units (which constitute 50% of the total units). I think they are selling at $1400-$1500psf (i could be wrong). I guess the units are moving slowly because they are 4-BR and the facing is not so good.

bargain hunter
25-10-09, 15:05
only 41? i thought 39 units were sold on thursday alone?!

lincoln residences has no tennis court, only a pool.

maybe the developer has held back the remaining units for lincoln residence?

naleem
25-10-09, 15:07

Lincoln Residences has a 34m lap pool and a tennis court.

andy
25-10-09, 15:19
Lincoln Residences has a 34m lap pool and a tennis court.

Recreational Tennis Court is not the same as tennis court

ekl2ekl2
25-10-09, 15:47

We went this weekend, Lincoln Suites showflat not opened. that may explain why no further increase in sales.

richie$$$
25-10-09, 17:19
I've lived along Newton road, have you?:doh:
so? when was it?
prime area last time compared 2 now?
u expect lower traffic with higher no of cars on d road.
balestier thomson tp also jam. east coast?

andy
25-10-09, 18:54
so? when was it?
prime area last time compared 2 now?
u expect lower traffic with higher no of cars on d road.
balestier thomson tp also jam. east coast?

Who is talking about the number of cars on the road? We are comparing road noise between LS and Trilight.

LS will have less roadnoise compared to Trilight:cool:

richie$$$
25-10-09, 21:27
Who is talking about the number of cars on the road? We are comparing road noise between LS and Trilight.

LS will have less roadnoise compared to Trilight:cool:

LS is sandwiched by bldgs. ok 2 buy if no view?
trilight faces newton road n shld hv clear view of city.

same 6-lane newton rd stretches 2 newton suite n novena junction n LS is behind newton suite.
noises travel whether u face or d main rd or nt. n trilight is at start of newton rd. noise pollution if everyone drive ferrari. can make loud noise within 100m at start of newton rd

if u r talking abt dust n u buying a low flr, then problem la.
just thinkng of ur logic.

teddybear
25-10-09, 23:49
Trilight got view meh? Facing Newton Road will be blocked by Miro and Rochelle in another 3 years time (regardless of floor levels). Those not blocked may likely be subjected to security screens because can see Istana (just like Newton One). Those behind blocked by Setia, Residences@Evelyn, Dunearn Gardens. To the side blocked by Newton One, Newton Euro-Asia, and L'Viv (in another 3 years time).

Lincoln Suites really no view mah? Actually some of the stacks on high floors have a very nice pocket of views towards Novena Suites.

Newton Circus I am very scared - always try to avoid there, too many misses and near collision by some goondus who don't seem to know what is the circus traffic rules. When jammed the traffic jam also very very bad.

LS is sandwiched by bldgs. ok 2 buy if no view?
trilight faces newton road n shld hv clear view of city.

same 6-lane newton rd stretches 2 newton suite n novena junction n LS is behind newton suite.
noises travel whether u face or d main rd or nt. n trilight is at start of newton rd. noise pollution if everyone drive ferrari. can make loud noise within 100m at start of newton rd

if u r talking abt dust n u buying a low flr, then problem la.
just thinkng of ur logic.

Property_Owner
26-10-09, 09:59
fortune favours the bold. :spliff:

Jlrx

You make my day. Where did u come up with this sentences.

Property_Owner
26-10-09, 10:13
Just been texted. A 2 room sold 2300psf. Looks like Sail and MBR now is a steal!

andy
26-10-09, 10:17
Just been texted. A 2 room sold 2300psf. Looks like Sail and MBR now is a steal!

Can anyone tell me why Lincoln Residences, some 20 meters away sell at 1500psf still have unsold units?

What's wrong with Lincoln Residences?

bargain hunter
26-10-09, 11:14
if you tell me it is #28-06, 1098sq ft 3 bedrooms (almost same design as the 2 bedrooms on lower floors in same stack except squeezed in 1 super small bedroom) sold at 2300psf i still believe.

if you say its #19-06, 1033sq ft 2 bedrooms sold at 2300psf, i find it unbelievable.

andy
26-10-09, 11:24
if you tell me it is #28-06, 1098sq ft 3 bedrooms (almost same design as the 2 bedrooms on lower floors in same stack except squeezed in 1 super small bedroom) sold at 2300psf i still believe.

if you say its #19-06, 1033sq ft 2 bedrooms sold at 2300psf, i find it unbelievable.

Regardless how come Novena selling more than Trilight for the same floor area? This is unnerving:scared-1:

Is it because all the mass market prices have pushed up the upper middle segment whereas the luxury market like Cairnhill and Orchard have been somewhat depressed with the lack of institutional buyers.

moneyspinner
26-10-09, 11:35
Regardless how come Novena selling more than Trilight for the same floor area? This is unnerving:scared-1:

Is it because all the mass market prices have pushed up the upper middle segment whereas the luxury market like Cairnhill and Orchard have been somewhat depressed with the lack of institutional buyers.

My guess at the end of the day, what matters is LOCATION. Amenities in the Novena area are more complete than Newton and its proximity to Orchard Road is not that different!

Reporter
26-10-09, 11:41

Maybe "because of the absolute quantum that’s required to purchase such apartments, some people are waiting"?

Maybe "buyers want to see the integrated resorts become fully operational because they’re targeted at bringing in the high-rollers and if they put Singapore in the limelight, more people will start putting their money in"?

Singapore’s home prices rebound on cheap money, better economy
The Edge
Friday, 23 October 2009

Singapore’s private home prices rose 15.8% in the third quarter, the most in 28 years, as cheap money and improving economic conditions lured buyers.

The price index of private residential property jumped to 154.3 from 133.3 the previous quarter, the Urban Redevelopment Authority said on its Web site today. The increase was the first in more than a year and the biggest quarter-on-quarter gain since March 1981, according to the authority.

“Asset values were knocked down considerably in the global financial crisis and nervous investors pulled out of the market,” Chris Fossick, South East Asia managing director for Jones Lang LaSalle Inc., said in a phone interview. “But unlike the U.K. and U.S., where people were overstretched and had way too high debt levels, in Asia that wasn’t the case.”

Singapore marked its biggest private residential sale in two years yesterday near the main Orchard Road shopping strip. The government raised its forecast for economic growth this month, and Moody’s Investors Service today reiterated the city- state’s top grade Aaa rating, noting Singapore’s “very high economic resilience and robust government finances” derived in part from its high per-capita income.

Singapore’s overnight interbank rate, the rate at which banks lend to each other, is 0.25%, down from 2% in January 2008, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Hot Property Deal

Gains were most pronounced for non-landed properties in the quarter.

China Sonangol International Ltd.’s purchase of a site that can accommodate a 36-storey development for $283 million yesterday was Singapore’s biggest private residential sale in two years, according to CB Richard Ellis Group Inc. The site can house 52 three- and four-bedroom apartments and two penthouses. The price equals about $2,058 psf.

CB Richard Ellis is the world’s largest publicly traded commercial-property broker, followed by Jones Lang LaSalle.

“Many investors, after losing faith in the financial system, have come back to basics, which is bricks and mortar and things they understand,” Joseph Poon, head of Macquarie Private Wealth Asia, said in an interview in Singapore today. “Real estate provides good leverage and when asset inflation takes hold you benefit.

Clients of Macquarie Private Wealth Asia must have liquid assets of at least US$30 million ($41.8 million).

Gambling Boost

Kim Eng Holdings Ltd.’s Singapore-based property analyst Wilson Liew said price increases were more subdued for landed and luxury properties only because buyers in that segment typically tend to exercise more caution.

“Because of the absolute quantum that’s required to purchase such apartments, some people are waiting,” Liew said in a phone interview before today’s price statistics. “Buyers want to see the integrated resorts become fully operational because they’re targeted at bringing in the high-rollers. If they put Singapore in the limelight, more people will start putting their money in.”

Genting Bhd., Asia’s biggest publicly traded casino operator, may open its $6.6 billion resort in Singapore before the end of 2009, CIMB Investment Bank Bhd. said Aug. 4 after a recent visit to the site, while Las Vegas Sands Corp. aims to open its casino-resort on the island by February.

Singapore Tourism Board Oct. 12 stuck to its forecast of attracting 17 million tourists to the city-state by 2015 and tripling tourism revenue to $30 billion.

Improving Economy

Singapore’s economy is forecast to shrink between 2% and 2.5% this year, the government said Oct. 12, raising a previous prediction for a contraction of as much as 6%.

The total wealth of millionaires in the Asia-Pacific region shrank 22% to US$7.4 trillion in 2008, compared with the global average drop of 19.5%, according to a report by Cap Gemini SA and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management this month.

Rents for offices dropped 4.1% after declining 7.7% in the second quarter, the Urban Redevelopment Authority said. Those for retail spaces fell 0.9%, compared with a decline of 2% the previous quarter.

“The office space is in complete contrast to the residential market, but I would think that’s stabilizing now,” Li Hiaw Ho, Singapore-based executive director of CB Richard Ellis, said in a phone interview.

Rents for private homes fell 2.2% during the quarter, versus a fall of 5.2% the previous three months, the authority said.

bargain hunter
26-10-09, 12:01
on second thoughts, i still find it ridiculous. :D checked with my agent but she is unaware of the 2300psf deal it seems. maybe just developer selling the top floors to their friends to set these record prices so that other buyers think they are getting a good deal and rush in.

they say they brought down their cost to 1200psf because no development charge payable, "among various things". why don't they just say that the various things includes, BLATANT USE OF PLANTERS, BALCONIES, BAY WINDOWS AND AIR-CON LEDGES! to bring down their costs.

andy
26-10-09, 12:11
on second thoughts, i still find it ridiculous. :D checked with my agent but she is unaware of the 2300psf deal it seems. maybe just developer selling the top floors to their friends to set these record prices so that other buyers think they are getting a good deal and rush in.

they say they brought down their cost to 1200psf because no development charge payable, "among various things". why don't they just say that the various things includes, BLATANT USE OF PLANTERS, BALCONIES, BAY WINDOWS AND AIR-CON LEDGES! to bring down their costs.

Regardless of the 2300psf, we now have 2 sources for the 23th floor for 2200psf. However I want to see more transactions around these figures to confirm. Nevertheless the combination of Location and Lifestyle seems to be working;-). Saw some adverts that Viva sub-sales is asking for 19xxpsf.

Concerning planters, bay windows, aircon ledges which developer don't use these:doh: Ultimately it is the buyers that decide.

bargain hunter
26-10-09, 15:36
yes, every developer uses the P, BW, AL but not to such a ridiculous extent. planters outside toilets (for people after bath step out and dry in the sun is it?) and big deep planters outside windows and walls which are not accessible? bay windows in kitchens? totally blatant.

but big difference lah. 2200psf for 464sq ft studio is "affordable" but not for 1033sq ft 2 bedrooms. :)

speaking of lifestyle, the freshest idea from this showflat is that backside washer cum dryer. gimmicks! that sophisticated looking shower has yet to be approved, meaning they might use any other replacement if its not approved?

the transparent glass flooring of the sky gym might also give some people the creeps. Imagine that its 24 storeys up and a number of kids are jumping up and down on it and there you are trying to jog on the machine. :D

Regardless of the 2300psf, we now have 2 sources for the 23th floor for 2200psf. However I want to see more transactions around these figures to confirm. Nevertheless the combination of Location and Lifestyle seems to be working;-). Saw some adverts that Viva sub-sales is asking for 19xxpsf.

Concerning planters, bay windows, aircon ledges which developer don't use these:doh: Ultimately it is the buyers that decide.

amk
26-10-09, 17:18
yes, every developer uses the P, BW, AL but not to such a ridiculous extent.
yea agreed with u on this one. this project is a little bit too much.
For example Trilight's huge balcony, personally I still find it acceptable as it's like a nice outdoor terrace. Has some life style appeal. LS's case is really like squeezing every opportunity to increase the perceived unit size.

teddybear
26-10-09, 17:33
Actually no difference lah. Lincoln Suites should have just shown a 4BR 2200 sq ft show-flat just like Trilight and people will not perceive the smallness of the liveable area of the unit. Trilight 4BR 2200 sq ft unit also have too big balcony & planter areas. Because of these, the living room becomes much smaller than it really can be (& should be). Not that balcony should not exist but feel that the size is too exaggerated compared to size of the living room. The planter area is a real useless area (If I want to plant plants, I can put the pots on my balcony, no need for such useless space lah).

yea agreed with u on this one. this project is a little bit too much.
For example Trilight's huge balcony, personally I still find it acceptable as it's like a nice outdoor terrace. Has some life style appeal. LS's case is really like squeezing every opportunity to increase the perceived unit size.

dormer
26-10-09, 17:37
Wow! Didn't know that LS can hit 2000+psf. This will definitely bring up the price of the resales units around that area.

bargain hunter
26-10-09, 19:09
so only 46 of 56 launched units sold last weekend. :doh: out of which 15 are studios. the rest are 1 to 3 bedrooms. So they sold 39 on the first day and 7 over the next 3 days. hahaha :doh:

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_3551D2781BA711834825765B00346E75/$file/Lincoln.pdf?openelement

andy
26-10-09, 19:53
so only 46 of 56 launched units sold last weekend. :doh: out of which 15 are studios. the rest are 1 to 3 bedrooms. So they sold 39 on the first day and 7 over the next 3 days. hahaha :doh:

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_3551D2781BA711834825765B00346E75/$file/Lincoln.pdf?openelement

From another forum
"Lincoln Suites 1st Phase 60 units released... 70% Sold on 1st Day of VIP preview....$1,800-$2000 psf"

Whatever it is, these guys are good marketers.:2cents: Hmm.....

ginseng1
26-10-09, 20:10
Wow ... what will happen if China Sonangol sell-out their entire project to China tycoons at $8,888 psf? :scared-4: (Since China/ Hong Kong people like the number '8' so much).

Let me create a fictitious news headline:

The Singapore Times

Oct 24, 2010

Sonangol @ Angullia Park Sold Out at $8,888 psf

China Sonangol, which last year bought The Parisian at 21 Angullia Park from OUE for $283 million, or a unit land price of $2,058 psf ppr, has sold out their new project before launch. The average selling price was $8,888 psf.

The entire project has been sold-out to China mainland buyers who came to Singapore on an all-expenses-paid property-buying tour.

Local buyers who submitted their blank cheques through their agents, hoping to buy a unit, have had their cheques returned.

The project, sitting on 21 Angullia Park, is 46 storeys tall but the highest floor is numbered the 88th floor. This is in keeping with Hong Kong's tradition of numbering the floors with auspicious numbers.

The address has also been changed from 21 Angullia Park to 88 Angullia Park because China buyers like the number "8" very much.

Angullia Road holds fond memories for me 20 years ago when it was so scary to walk at night. Wheelock place used to be a mosque. Now the noise generated by the incessant construction is driving me crazy. Orchard View is the most blatant of all, working 24/7. And worst, there are now 3 more sites coming up. How I longed for the peace. Why can't these developers purchase the whole stretch and build a super freehold condo just like 4 seasons?

ginseng1
26-10-09, 20:13
From another forum
"Lincoln Suites 1st Phase 60 units released... 70% Sold on 1st Day of VIP preview....$1,800-$2000 psf"

Whatever the price, in 20 years time, it will look so cheap when one factors in inflation!

The Parisian cost only $1m in the 80s.

4 seasons also cost around 1.xx mil when it was launched. Look at the prices now.

So, just buy if you have the $$$.

bargain hunter
26-10-09, 20:40
the official launch figure is 56 units (as stated last tuesday before the launch in BT) and 70% on first day = 39 units is correct as confirmed by property owner. So that also confirms only 7 units sold in the ensuing 3 days hahaha.

by huttons' normal standard in selling MM units all over the island, this must be one of their worst sales. anyway, they are trying to rebrand themselves away from pure sellers of MM units starting with The Arte earlier this year till Lincoln Suites now.

save your compliments for later if they are able to sell the rest of the units at the same pace. :)

From another forum

Property_Owner
26-10-09, 20:45
Whatever the price, in 20 years time, it will look so cheap when one factors in inflation!

The Parisian cost only $1m in the 80s.

4 seasons also cost around 1.xx mil when it was launched. Look at the prices now.

So, just buy if you have the $$$.

Yup, by looking back you should be aware how much was Ardmore Pk launch price.

The Sail? People call me crazy when I purchase 5 units.

Property_Owner
26-10-09, 20:47
the official launch figure is 56 units (as stated last tuesday before the launch in BT) and 70% on first day = 39 units is correct as confirmed by property owner. So that also confirms only 7 units sold in the ensuing 3 days hahaha.

by huttons' normal standard in selling MM units all over the island, this must be one of their worst sales. anyway, they are trying to rebrand themselves away from pure sellers of MM units starting with The Arte earlier this year till Lincoln Suites now.

save your compliments for later if they are able to sell the rest of the units at the same pace. :)

This time round they hv propnex fighting but I was told huttons collected more cheques. Same like 101 tress. Guess developers also testing out new agencies for marketing but imho, huttons still e best to sell new launches.

andy
26-10-09, 20:50

I believe Ardmore Pk was 3m.

You would be considered weathly by most standards around the world.

What more do you hope for from reading these forums?;)

Property_Owner
26-10-09, 20:55
I believe Ardmore Pk was 3m.

You would be considered weathly by most standards around the world.

What more do you hope for from reading these forums?;)

Yup, ardmore was around 3m plus.

Me? Just sharing and kapo a bit. Old man nothing much to do.

august
26-10-09, 20:59

the way u number off your purchases has convinced me you are a collector, shld change your nick to Property_Collector ~ :cool:

Property_Owner
26-10-09, 21:09
the way u number off your purchases has convinced me you are a collector, shld change your nick to Property_Collector ~ :cool:

Chey. My humble. This is nothing compare to this http://www.savills.com.sg/news/content.asp?content=\uber_news\3322.htm&subcategory=&contenttype=news&category=

proud owner
26-10-09, 21:13
Wow! Didn't know that LS can hit 2000+psf. This will definitely bring up the price of the resales units around that area.

i really doubt so ..

for the past 3 mths , sales of new launches were great .. but not resale.. people are just not buying resale or old projects ..

one can raise the price of resale afor all they want .. no one biting

andy
26-10-09, 21:14

I'd like to give sale/marketing ppl credit when due. Given the high price of the land they have bought and the small land area, I believe they have done a decent job to get the interest going and able to command record $psf for that area. The same with NS with its stunning design over such a small plot and now commanding high rental yields.

Look at coke. It's only sugar and water and it kills your body. The cost price is next to nothing and yet it's one of the highest cap companies in the world:cool:

No development is perfect and the finished product may be less or more than expected. That's a gamble buyers take.

I'm not one of the 46 owners but this would certainly be a candidate, not because it is a top tier best value "products" but it makes you want one (e.g. iphone)

Continuous talking down or up any one project create a credibility issue amongst readers.

Property_Owner
26-10-09, 21:15
i really doubt so ..

for the past 3 mths , sales of new launches were great .. but not resale.. people are just not buying resale or old projects ..

bingo pal. My phone also went dead. No agents been calling me for weeks.

Got lah, not as much as before. :D :D :D :D

andy
26-10-09, 21:18
i really doubt so ..

Yep that's true. Actually they are not even looking let alone biting at resale.

Ppl are only enriching the developers...:banghead:

proud owner
26-10-09, 21:24
Yep that's true. Actually they are not even looking let alone biting at resale.

Ppl are only enriching the developers...:banghead:

just spoke with a friend who has a unit at Cairnhill residences ..TOPing 2010 Q1 i think .. and he is letting go at 2100 psf ..

yet no sound no picture .. and i see in this forum ..people buying LS is 2200 psf ? or even 2300 psf ??

echotrain
26-10-09, 22:17
just spoke with a friend who has a unit at Cairnhill residences ..TOPing 2010 Q1 i think .. and he is letting go at 2100 psf ..

yet no sound no picture .. and i see in this forum ..people buying LS is 2200 psf ? or even 2300 psf ??

Sssshhhhh....

jlrx
26-10-09, 23:13

Wow! :scared-4: Does anyone still say you are crazy? :p

I bought a property shortly before The Sail was launched, and remember asking my agent for his view of the market.

He told me that if The Sail could break above $1,000 psf, then my property should also be all right. :scared-5:

A few weeks after, he called me to "congratulate me" on my purchase. He said "The Sail managed to break above $1,000 psf. That's a good sign." :cheers1:

i really doubt so ..

That's because people have a choice of units when viewing new projects. They can choose this stack or that stack, but resale units are usually offered one at a time and they cannot choose.

I also notice that after the initial wave of buying, some projects have no more buyers and the developers just keep the project on their books as an asset at "market price" and feel very happy and contented about it. :sleep:

Reporter
27-10-09, 00:37
http://asiabuilders.com/asiabuilderSource/Company/conSG/logos/25803l1.gif http://www.emfis.de/uploads/tx_asiabeitrag2/Heetonlogo.JPG http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YlvEjlIelzk/SAgUQmfJ7qI/AAAAAAAAKZU/QMFd-HSvGZ4/s400/KSH+Holdings+Limited.jpg http://www.lianbeng.com.sg/Pictures/Banner_r1_c1.jpg

82% Of Consortium's Highly Anticipated Lincoln Suites Snapped Up Within 4 Days Of Soft Launch
Singapore
Monday, 26 October 2009

- Official launch targeted for this weekend (Oct 31 – Nov 1)

Koh Brothers Group Limited (“Koh Brothers Group”), Heeton Holdings Limited (“Heeton Holdings”), KSH Holdings Limited (“KSH Holdings”) and Lian Beng Group Ltd (“Lian Beng Group”) (collectively known as the “Consortium”), announced that the soft launch of the highly anticipated joint development, Lincoln Suites, was very well-received.

Lincoln Suites, a 30-storey, freehold, 175-unit luxury twin tower condominium development conveniently located along Khiang Guan Avenue, off Newton Road, held its soft launch to invited guests on October 22, 2009.

About 82% or 46 units of the 56 units under Phase 1 were snapped up by the close of the weekend (October 24 – 25, 2009). This comprised 15 studio units and 31 1-to-3 bedroom units.

Said Mr Francis Koh, CEO and Managing Director of Koh Brothers, “We are very encouraged by the enthusiastic response to our soft launch. With our collaborative efforts, Lincoln Suites is uniquely created as the epitome of luxury, urban contemporary living. The development is aesthetically appealing, especially to trendy singles, young cosmopolitan families and upwardly mobile executives and professionals.

“Targeted to be officially launched this weekend and expected to be completed by end 2014, Lincoln Suites, with its architectural brilliance, made possible by working with top-notch architects and designers, coupled with a tasteful choice of luxury finishes, will appeal to all buyers.

“In addition, with its excellent location, within close proximity to two shopping and dining experiences in both Novena and Orchard, work areas, medical facilities, as well as a host of well-regarded local and international schools less than 2 km away, we believe that Lincoln Suites is very attractively priced.”

To be developed on a land area of 59,986 sq ft, this 175-unit luxury development will comprise 44 studio units, 124 1- to 4-bedroom units, four duplexes and three penthouses, with sizes ranging from approximately 463 sq ft to 5,490 sq ft. Less than two minutes’ walk from the Novena MRT Station and directly across the popular Goldhill Plaza and United Square Shopping Mall and just a five minutes’ drive away from Orchard Road, Lincoln Suites is slated to dazzle the neighbourhood with its balance of high glamour and cutting edge technology.

Issued on behalf of: Koh Brothers Group Limited, Heeton Holdings Limited, KSH Holdings Limited and Lian Beng Group Ltd
By: .......................... Citigate Dewe Rogerson, i.MAGE Pte Ltd

mr funny
27-10-09, 02:07
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1013814/1/.html

82% of Lincoln Suites snapped up in soft launch

By Irene Chan, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 26 October 2009 2024 hrs

SINGAPORE: Eighty-two per cent of the residential development, Lincoln Suites, was snapped up within four days of the soft launch.

A total of 46 of the 56 units under phase one were taken up by the close of the soft launch on Sunday. This comprised 15 studio units and 31 one-to-three bedroom units.

Lincoln Suites is a 30-storey, freehold development off Newton Road. It is targeted to be officially launched this weekend and completed by the end of 2014.

The consortium behind the project comprises Koh Brothers, Heeton Holdings, KSH Holdings and Lian Beng Group. The companies said the soft launch was very well-received.

- CNA/sc

ekl2ekl2
27-10-09, 07:13

Agent says 2300pfs is for a 2 rm on the 28th floor.

bargain hunter
27-10-09, 09:26
there are no 2 bedroom units on the 28th floor. the 2 bedroom units max is 19th floor. above that, they have "3" bedroom units (1 of the bedrooms so small that i am not surprised if some incompetent agents mistake it for a 2 bedroom). The agent attending to me in the showflat told me it was a 3 bedroom then fumbled around trying to find the 3rd bedroom (3rd bedroom was so small that the developer converted it into a walk in wardrobe)

Agent says 2300pfs is for a 2 rm on the 28th floor.

Reporter
29-10-09, 14:07
Newton One apartment hits $1,676 psf
The Edge
Monday, 26 October 2009

There was a flurry of activity in the Newton Road area, with five transactions of between $1,100 and $1,676 psf carried out from Sept 25 to Oct 2, according to caveats lodged with URA Realis. The highest psf transacted price for that week was seen at a 1,216 sq ft, 10th-floor apartment at Newton One — it was sold for $2.038 million or $1,676 psf. Another transaction that took place in the same tower was for a 21st-floor, 1,808 sq ft apartment that changed hands for $3.028 million ($1,675 psf).

Newton One, a 91-unit freehold luxury condominium project by Lippo Group, received its TOP just a few months ago. It was launched in mid- 2006 at $1,200 to $1,250 psf, which was considered a new price benchmark in the Newton area at a time when most developments there were fetching around $1,000 psf.

The two sellers at Newton One must be pretty pleased with their sale. The owner of the two-bedroom 1216 sqft apartment on the 10th floor purchased it from the developer in July 2006 for $1.36 million, or $1,122 psf. He enjoyed a 49% price appreciation from the transaction.

Meanwhile, the owner of the three-bedroom 1,808 sq ft apartment on the 21st floor who sold the unit at $1,675 psf, purchased it in a sub-sale in May 2007 for $2.72 million ($1,504 psf). The previous owner had purchased the unit during its launch in July 2006 for $2.235 million or $1,236 psf.

These transactions show that prices at Newton One are back to the boom levels seen two years ago. The highest price achieved in the project was when a 23rd-storey, 1,916 sq ft apartment changed hands in a sub-sale at $2,000 psf, or a quantum price of $3.832 million, in December 2007.

Owners at Newton One are probably benchmarking their asking prices to new launches in the neighbourhood. Right next door is Ho Bee Group’s Trilight, which started its private preview on Oct 9. To date, of the 60 units released, 51 have been sold at an average price of $1,650 psf. The 205-unit condo is expected to be completed in 2012.

Meanwhile, further down the road, joint-venture partners Koh Brothers, Heeton Holdings, KSH Holdings and Lian Beng Group previewed Lincoln Suites last Thursday. Fifty-six units will be released in the first phase, with prices starting from $1,680 psf. The project will contain a mix of units ranging from studio and one-bedroom apartments to duplexes and penthouses.

Older developments in the vicinity, however, have not quite crossed the $1,600 psf level. Just a few doors from Newton One is Newton Euro Asia, a freehold condo by Euro-Asia Realty completed in 2004. A 1184 sqft apartment on the 12th floor changed hands at $1.48 million ($1,250 psf) in a resale. The seller had bought the unit in June for $1.28 million ($1,081 psf), hence flipping the property for a 16% gain in just four months.

Across the road is Newton 18, an 81-unit freehold luxury condo project by Wing Tai Holdings completed five years ago. The most recent caveat showed that an apartment on the 28th floor of the 30-storey condo was sold for $1.38 million, or $1,491 psf. The highest transacted price psf in the development was for an 807 sq ft, ninth-floor apartment — it was sold for $1.32 million, or $1,635 sq ft, in November 2007.

Wing Tai’s other project (next door to Newton 18) is the 99-year leasehold, 311-unit Amaryllis Ville, which was also completed five years ago. The most recent transaction in the development was for a fifth-floor unit that was sold for $1.36 million or $1,100 psf. The previous owner had purchased the 1,238 sq ft two-bedroom apartment in March 2007 for $1.28 million ($1,030 psf).

So, it looks like the new high-end developments in the Newton area are testing new price levels. Residences@Evelyn, a freehold luxury 208-unit l condo located on the quiet and exclusive Evelyn Road, just off Newton Road, saw a 28th-floor apartment in one of the twin towers changing hands at $1.88 million or $1,650 psf. The 1,141 sq ft apartment was first bought in October 2006 for $1.45 million or $1,280 psf. But, Newton One, being the newest condo on the block, is able to command a slight premium for now.

andy
03-11-09, 19:57
Got this from another forum

"soft launched was sold abt 51units and offically launched (last weekend) was sold arn 18 units.....mainly the studio - 3bdrm ........currently only open to 21st flr fr stack 03/04....and 12th level for stack 01/02"

Does anyone know what was the $psf achieved?

I hear from agents that single foreigners will likely be soaking up the MM units? Does anyone has any view on this?

Reporter
05-11-09, 12:26
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/mast_home.gif
Foreigners back in private home market
Foreign buyers are streaming back into the private homes market in growing numbers, especially those from China
Joyce Teo
The Straits Times
Thursday, 5 November 2009

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20091105/homesales-st.jpg
New research from property consultancy Savills Singapore shows foreigners accounted for 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter. -- Photo: Desmond Foo, ST

Foreign buyers are streaming back into the private homes market in growing numbers, especially those from China.

New research from property consultancy Savills Singapore shows foreigners accounted for 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter – above the 19.7% average since the start of 2000.

Buyers from China have dislodged those from India for the No. 3 spot in the rankings this year with a contribution of nearly 15% of total foreign purchases. This puts China just behind Indonesia in the second spot and Malaysia at No. 1.

In the past two years, India had been in third spot, but it has slipped to fourth.

Last year, buyers from China had moved up to the No. 4 spot, dislodging buyers from Britain.

Buyers from Myanmar featured more strongly, coming in at No. 8. They did not make it to the top 10 last year, and were 10th in 2007.

In the July to September period, foreign buyers – including permanent residents – lodged 2,448 private home caveats, a key step to buying a home.

This is up from 1,807 caveats in the second quarter and just 498 in the first, according to data compiled by Savills.

In all, permanent residents bought 1,389 homes in the third quarter.

DTZ said its preliminary data for the third quarter showed that foreigners accounted for about 25% of total sales, compared with about 33% during the boom of 2007.

The most popular project sought by foreigners was Sophia Residence, a project launched in July. Then came Caribbean at Keppel Bay, Ascentia Sky, One Devonshire and Viva.

Permanent residents preferred Melville Park, a 99-year leasehold condominium in Simei, the recently launched Trevista, followed by Caribbean at Keppel Bay.

About 54% of the purchases by China buyers were for resale homes, said DTZ head of South-east Asia research Chua Chor Hoon.

Like Malaysian buyers, buyers from China tend to prefer homes priced between $500,000 and $1 million.

One-fifth of them bought homes costing $1.5 million to as much as $5 million.

Indonesians, however, tended to go for higher priced projects, particularly those priced $1.5 million to $5 million.

They like properties located at Novena, River Valley and the Singapore River.

They had been the biggest group of foreign buyers, taking first place from 2004 to 2007, only to lose the spot to Malaysia during the recent economic crisis, said Ms Christine Sun, Savills Singapore’s senior research & consultancy manager.

The latest figures featured a substantial rise in the number of foreign transactions for higher-priced properties.

A total of 86 properties priced above $5 million were sold in the quarter, up from 27 in the second and a mere six in the first.

Also, there was a 60% rise in deals for projects costing between $1.5 million and $5 million. Demand from foreigners for mass market homes was little changed from the second quarter.

Savills said recent data showed that foreigners who are not permanent residents tend to buy more pricey projects.

This group was also more likely to buy homes in prime districts than permanent residents, said Ms Sun. ‘We are hearing that more of these super-rich mainland Chinese buyers have come in recent weeks to buy prime properties like the bungalows in Sentosa Cove.’

But the big influx of foreigners to the luxury market in the 2006-2007 boom has not quite returned, consultants said.

Still, support from regional buyers could rise further. Jones Lang LaSalle’s head of residential, Ms Jacqueline Wong, said the firm has had rising interest from new potential buyers from India, China and Russia in the past four months.

‘We are one of the places they are considering. They see Singapore as a safe haven,’ said Ms Wong.

A senior private banker at a foreign bank said: ‘We are seeing some clients consider buying a Singapore property as one of a string of homes they have around the world. Luxury homes have come down 30% from the peak, so they are better value now.’

DTZ’s Ms Chua said foreign buyers see the growing attraction of Singapore as a global city and expect prices to keep rising as the economy strengthens.

‘Prices of prime and luxurious units have not reached 2007 levels and there is still the potential of capital appreciation depending on the rate of economic recovery,’ she said.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/kcc0002/ForeignBuyersOnTheRise.jpg

bargain hunter
05-11-09, 12:29
according to the table provided, Novena still fav among Indo and Malaysians. Chinese budget, "Mostly between $500k and $1m and prefer Jurong West, Bedok and Kallang." :D

Foreigners back in private home market
Foreign buyers are streaming back into the private homes market in growing numbers, especially those from China
Joyce Teo
The Straits Times
Thursday, 5 November 2009

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20091105/homesales-st.jpg
New research from property consultancy Savills Singapore shows foreigners accounted for 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter. -- Photo: Desmond Foo, ST

Foreign buyers are streaming back into the private homes market in growing numbers, especially those from China.

New research from property consultancy Savills Singapore shows foreigners accounted for 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter – above the 19.7% average since the start of 2000.

Buyers from China have dislodged those from India for the No. 3 spot in the rankings this year with a contribution of nearly 15% of total foreign purchases. This puts China just behind Indonesia in the second spot and Malaysia at No. 1.

In the past two years, India had been in third spot, but it has slipped to fourth.

Last year, buyers from China had moved up to the No. 4 spot, dislodging buyers from Britain.

Buyers from Myanmar featured more strongly, coming in at No. 8. They did not make it to the top 10 last year, and were 10th in 2007.

In the July to September period, foreign buyers – including permanent residents – lodged 2,448 private home caveats, a key step to buying a home.

This is up from 1,807 caveats in the second quarter and just 498 in the first, according to data compiled by Savills.

In all, permanent residents bought 1,389 homes in the third quarter.

DTZ said its preliminary data for the third quarter showed that foreigners accounted for about 25% of total sales, compared with about 33% during the boom of 2007.

The most popular project sought by foreigners was Sophia Residence, a project launched in July. Then came Caribbean at Keppel Bay, Ascentia Sky, One Devonshire and Viva.

Permanent residents preferred Melville Park, a 99-year leasehold condominium in Simei, the recently launched Trevista, followed by Caribbean at Keppel Bay.

About 54% of the purchases by China buyers were for resale homes, said DTZ head of South-east Asia research Chua Chor Hoon.

Like Malaysian buyers, buyers from China tend to prefer homes priced between $500,000 and $1 million.

One-fifth of them bought homes costing $1.5 million to as much as $5 million.

Indonesians, however, tended to go for higher priced projects, particularly those priced $1.5 million to $5 million.

They like properties located at Novena, River Valley and the Singapore River.

They had been the biggest group of foreign buyers, taking first place from 2004 to 2007, only to lose the spot to Malaysia during the recent economic crisis, said Ms Christine Sun, Savills Singapore’s senior research & consultancy manager.

The latest figures featured a substantial rise in the number of foreign transactions for higher-priced properties.

A total of 86 properties priced above $5 million were sold in the quarter, up from 27 in the second and a mere six in the first.

Also, there was a 60% rise in deals for projects costing between $1.5 million and $5 million. Demand from foreigners for mass market homes was little changed from the second quarter.

Savills said recent data showed that foreigners who are not permanent residents tend to buy more pricey projects.

This group was also more likely to buy homes in prime districts than permanent residents, said Ms Sun. ‘We are hearing that more of these super-rich mainland Chinese buyers have come in recent weeks to buy prime properties like the bungalows in Sentosa Cove.’

But the big influx of foreigners to the luxury market in the 2006-2007 boom has not quite returned, consultants said.

Still, support from regional buyers could rise further. Jones Lang LaSalle’s head of residential, Ms Jacqueline Wong, said the firm has had rising interest from new potential buyers from India, China and Russia in the past four months.

‘We are one of the places they are considering. They see Singapore as a safe haven,’ said Ms Wong.

A senior private banker at a foreign bank said: ‘We are seeing some clients consider buying a Singapore property as one of a string of homes they have around the world. Luxury homes have come down 30% from the peak, so they are better value now.’

DTZ’s Ms Chua said foreign buyers see the growing attraction of Singapore as a global city and expect prices to keep rising as the economy strengthens.

‘Prices of prime and luxurious units have not reached 2007 levels and there is still the potential of capital appreciation depending on the rate of economic recovery,’ she said.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/kcc0002/ForeignBuyersOnTheRise.jpg

Reporter
05-11-09, 12:53
according to the table provided, Novena still fav among Indo and Malaysians. Chinese budget, "Mostly between $500k and $1m and prefer Jurong West, Bedok and Kallang." :D
... cos' the small number of super-rich Chinese now are busy with Sentosa Cove ...

... they may be No. 3 now but one needs to observe the rate they climb up the chart ... very soon they will overtake Malaysians and very soon they will look at $1-5M homes just like the Indonesians ...

andy
05-11-09, 13:05
... cos' the small number of super-rich Chinese now are busy with Sentosa Cove ...

... they may be No. 3 now but one needs to observe the rate they climb up the chart ... very soon they will overtake Malaysians and very soon they will look at $1-5M homes just like the Indonesians ...

So we should all buy Jurong West before the super-rich Chinese comes?

Reporter
05-11-09, 13:32
So we should all buy Jurong West before the super-rich Chinese comes?
No.

As stated in today's The Straits Times:
1. (Mainland) Chinese PR and (mainland) Chinese new Citizen buy mass-market (e.g. Jurong West, etc.).
2. Super-rich non-PR Chinese buy prime (e.g Sentosa Cove (for now), etc.).

bargain hunter
05-11-09, 13:51
err, precisely because the small no. of super rich chinese are busy with sentosa cove.

they are no. 3 by numbers but not by quantum is like the malaysians, the new PRs focusing on non-CCR properties. So even if they are no. 1 by numbers, it may simply mean they are so because of non-CCR. the super rich chinese still seems more facinated by HK.

Reporter
05-11-09, 14:00
err, precisely because the small no. of super rich chinese are busy with sentosa cove.

they are no. 3 by numbers but not by quantum is like the malaysians, the new PRs focusing on non-CCR properties. So even if they are no. 1 by numbers, it may simply mean they are so because of non-CCR. the super rich chinese still seems more facinated by HK.
Maybe every thing starts small?

Perhaps the "small" number of super rich Chinese buying Singapore prime will one day grow into a "bigger" number?
Have we forgotten there was no Chinese buyer for Sentosa Cove several years ago?
Have we forgotten how they fared on the chart several years ago?

Maybe things can change?

bargain hunter
05-11-09, 14:05
in a few years time they will come for sure.

Maybe every thing starts small?

Perhaps the "small" number of super rich Chinese buying Singapore prime will one day grow into a "bigger" number?
Have we forgotten there was no Chinese buyer for Sentosa Cove several years ago?
Have we forgotten how they fared on the chart several years ago?

Maybe things can change?

stalingrad
05-11-09, 14:13

will be happy to sell my condos to them and move to another country in 10 years' time.

Wild Falcon
05-11-09, 21:01
The mainland Chinese are not coming in in a big way to buy the luxury properties. The problem with BT and Straits Times is they always interview DTZ, Knight Frank etc. Of course these companies will spin the good news about mainland Chinese grabbing SG prime properties BECAUSE they are marketing the properties! And most new supply are in the prime areas. Read the Citigroup report - at least it is more neutral.

andy
05-11-09, 21:15
The mainland Chinese are not coming in in a big way to buy the luxury properties. The problem with BT and Straits Times is they always interview DTZ, Knight Frank etc. Of course these companies will spin the good news about mainland Chinese grabbing SG prime properties BECAUSE they are marketing the properties! And most new supply are in the prime areas. Read the Citigroup report - at least it is more neutral.

Who is reading the stuff written by BT and ST? Just focus on the URA data since they don't lie.;)

Reporter
10-11-09, 17:28
3-4bedders are a bit slow - arn $1750 fr low flr. The popular units are studio and heard all sold - highest at $2300-2400 psft .....next is the 2-2+1 bedders also almost gone. It seems the buyer look very positive for this project
Wow!
$2,300-2,400 psf?
LS seems to be doing good.

andy
10-11-09, 18:22
Wow!
$2,300-2,400 psf?
LS seems to be doing good.

How come all the 2bedder @ Trilight is not sold out yet since it is cheaper at <$1800?

Reporter
11-11-09, 11:20
27th flr studio (538 sqft) sold at 2385 psf.............amazing
It looks like Novena will hit $2,500 psf soon.

ozone2002
13-11-09, 15:56
WOW.. prime orchard pricing for novena/newton

Reporter
13-11-09, 16:30
WOW.. prime orchard pricing for novena/newton
Prime Orchard $2,500 psf?

Reporter
16-11-09, 09:11
Foreign property buyers go outside prime areas
Districts 9, 10 and 15 still rule, but Novena, Jurong, Balestier pick up
Joyce Teo
The Straits Times
Monday, 16 November 2009

http://business.asiaone.com/A1MEDIA/business/11Nov09/images/20091115.205853_property.jpg
Savills said district 12 - which includes the Balestier (pictured), Serangoon and Toa Payoh areas - has emerged as one of the top new choices among foreigners this year. -- Photo: ST

Foreign property investors are venturing out of traditional prime areas to snap up homes in other parts of the island.

A new study has found overseas buyers have become keen on district 12, which includes the Balestier area and which is associated with karaoke bars and lighting shops.

A Savills Singapore study found that districts 9, 10 and 15 have remained the top spots for foreign buyers over the past three years.

District 9 includes the Orchard and River Valley areas; 15 covers Katong, Joo Chiat and Amber Road, and 10 includes the posh Ardmore area, and the Bukit Timah, Holland Road and Tanglin neighbourhoods.

Districts 11 and 22 have become more popular thanks to the higher number of launches there, Savills said.

In the past three years, there have been at least 30 major launches in district 11 – Novena and Thomson – alone, including Viva, Park Infinia at Wee Nam, and Miro at Lincoln Road.

District 22 – it is centred on Jurong – has hosted launches of The Centris, The Caspian and The Lakeshore.

Savills said district 12, which includes the Balestier, Serangoon and Toa Payoh areas, has emerged as one of the top new choices among foreigners this year.

Its new projects include The Arte, Trevista, Vista Residences, Nova 48, Nova 88 and Domus.

‘These city-fringe projects are near to the city and yet relatively more affordable compared to core central projects,’ said Savills’ senior manager of research and consultancy, Ms Christine Sun.

Consultants say that in district 12, average prices have been lower, at about $900 psf compared with the over $1,000 psf that Novena, only a few hundred metres away, can fetch. However, the gap is closing, partly due to district 12’s increased popularity as well as the small units offered which have a higher per unit asking price.

A closer look at the sales data from the three most popular districts of 9, 15 and 10 shows that most of the foreign buyers came from Malaysia, Indonesia, mainland China and India.

In fact, they accounted for 73.9% of total foreign private property purchases in the first nine months, compared with 59.1% for the whole of 2007 when the market was booming.

A lot of foreigners came to Singapore to buy back then.

Many of the high net-worth buyers from Europe, Russia and elsewhere have not quite returned, property experts said.

But Malaysian buyer numbers have risen by 10% this year compared with 2007, although Indonesian investor numbers have fallen by 4%.

Mainland Chinese buyers are also up 7.4%, while Indian buyers rose 1.1%.

A recent Savills study showed that foreigners, especially those from China, were returning to the market.

Foreigners formed about 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter – above the 19.7% average since the start of 2000.

‘Malaysians and Indonesians prefer prime districts 9 and 10, which tend to be higher-priced projects,’ said Ms Sun.

She added that mainland Chinese and Indian buyers bought more homes in the city fringe and outside of central regions, such as districts 15, 16, 18 and 22.

The properties in these regions tend to be relatively less pricey and more mass market.

Western buyers, including those from Australia, Britain and the United States, tend to congregate in certain districts, such as districts 9, 10 and 15.

The Japanese prefer district 9, while the Koreans are keen on districts 9 and 10, as well as 16, which includes Bedok and Upper East Coast.
District 9 has the highest concentration of foreign buyers, at 31%.

The other top districts popular with foreigners had a proportion of between 19 and 25%.

Reporter
16-11-09, 13:07
It looks like Novena will hit $2,500 psf soon.
$2,365 psf is a good start.
Hopefully Lincoln Suites can clear this $2,500-psf hurdle soon.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Lincoln Suites ... CCR ......... 53 ........................... 53 .............................. 2,365 ............ 1,845 ............ 1,530

Reporter
29-11-09, 21:02
http://www.sph.com.sg/images/logo_sunt.png
Skybridges not deemed part of condo’s gross floor area
Forum
The Sunday Times
Sunday, 29 November 2009

We refer to last Sunday’s article, ‘More condos let you walk on air’, which reported that fully covered skybridges are considered part of a condominium’s gross floor area, which is pre-determined by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA).

The report elaborated that this means the floor area occupied by a skybridge could have been used for another apartment unit, giving developers additional income.

The article made reference to Lincoln Suites, that the space taken up by the skybridge could have been used for a $700,000 studio apartment.
Skybridges are not considered part of a condominium’s gross floor area (GFA).

A covered skybridge that connects communal areas between two or more blocks, and serves as a communal passageway to facilitate the residents’ movement at the upper levels is exempted from the GFA calculation of the development.

In the case of Lincoln Suites, the design of the skybridge includes both a passageway as well as an indoor gym.

As the gym functions more like a clubhouse facility and does not serve as a passageway to facilitate the movement of residents between the two blocks, it does not qualify for GFA exemption.

The remaining area of the skybridge is exempted from GFA just like other covered skybridges.

Han Yong Hoe
Group Director (Development Control)
Urban Redevelopment Authority

Reporter
15-12-09, 18:08
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of November 2009

Lincoln Suites ... CCR ......... 63 ........................... 15 .............................. 2,299 ............ 1,771 ............ 1,620
Too bad! LS didn't managed to break launch's high of $2,365 psf.

Reporter
15-01-10, 23:20
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of December 2009

Lincoln Suites ... CCR ....... 71 ........................ 8 ........................... 2,145 ........... 1,939 ........... 1,707
Can't break October's launch high of $2,365 psf.

gfoo
08-02-10, 23:39
sorries, but i just couldn't help meself:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procsrserv/47a0dc29b3127cce98548a7f92bf00000040100IcMXDJo4Ysy/cwvDm9asA3Lw9ZtmIbl5etGTDw

mcmlxxvi
09-02-10, 10:24
sorries, but i just couldn't help meself:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procsrserv/47a0dc29b3127cce98548a7f92bf00000040100IcMXDJo4Ysy/cwvDm9asA3Lw9ZtmIbl5etGTDw

So cute!!!!!!!!! LOL.... how u did that.....

Wanna do one for Wembly Residences? ;)

Or The Shore....

gfoo
09-02-10, 11:42
So cute!!!!!!!!! LOL.... how u did that.....

Wanna do one for Wembly Residences? ;)

Or The Shore....

cannot, only applies to LS coz it's official address is XX Khiang Guan Avenue

qus
09-02-10, 21:52
Who is the architect?

Reporter
17-02-10, 22:41
Missed October 2009 launch high of $2,365 psf by just $27 psf!

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of January 2010
Lincoln Suites ... CCR ....... 84 ........................ 13 .......................... 2,338 ............ 1,762 ........... 1,707

Reporter
15-04-10, 18:59
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of March 2010
Lincoln Suites ... CCR ....... 88 ........................ 3 ........................... 2,259 ........... 2,131 ........... 1,816

Teana
18-03-11, 18:21
Newton View owners to get up to $4.8 million after en bloc sale
AsiaOne
Friday, 18 March 2011

Newton View owners can get up to S$4.8 million for their residential units, after the 37,577 sq ft site was sold to developer Novelty Corp for S$147.6 million, according to The Straits Times.

A report in the paper cited property firm Savills' executive director for investment and prestige homes Steven Ming, who said owners will get either S$3.6 million or S$4.8 million each depending on the size of their units.

Located halfway between Novena and Newton MRT stations, the site has a plot ratio of 2.8. This means the sale price is about S$1,403 psf ppr.

Mr Ming also told the paper that to break even, the developer needs to sell for S$1,850 - S$1,950 psf.

andy
18-03-11, 21:03
Newton View owners to get up to $4.8 million after en bloc sale
AsiaOne
Friday, 18 March 2011

Newton View owners can get up to S$4.8 million for their residential units, after the 37,577 sq ft site was sold to developer Novelty Corp for S$147.6 million, according to The Straits Times.

A report in the paper cited property firm Savills' executive director for investment and prestige homes Steven Ming, who said owners will get either S$3.6 million or S$4.8 million each depending on the size of their units.

Located halfway between Novena and Newton MRT stations, the site has a plot ratio of 2.8. This means the sale price is about S$1,403 psf ppr.

Mr Ming also told the paper that to break even, the developer needs to sell for S$1,850 - S$1,950 psf.

I expect prices in the vicinity to hold or inch up a little. Newton View is perhaps one of the last block of older apartments around beside Newton Lodge.

ecimbew
19-03-11, 00:45
Lincoln Suites' developer was selling at $1900++ for the smallest studio unit in Oct 2009. It is close to $1 million then.

bargain hunter
06-06-11, 21:27
a check of the caveats showed that since a 538 sq ft 1 bedder sold for a record of 2365psf in Dec 09 for 1.273m, only 1 transaction has beaten that with the all time record of 2627psf (also the all time D11 record) in Jun 10. the quantum however is lower at 1.216m becoz this 1 bedder is 463sq ft. these pple how to make money like this?!?!?!?! :scared-1:

CondoExpert.sg
12-12-11, 16:23
Lincoln Suites @ Novena (District 11)

(Visit www.CondoExpert.sg (http://www.condoexpert.sg/) or call Jonathan @ 8100-8004 for more information!)

http://www.condoexpert.sg/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/lincoln-suites-facade.jpg

Summary

Developer : Koh Bro, Lian Beng, Heeton, KSH
Est. TOP : 31 December 2014
District : 11 (Novena)
Est. Quantum Price : From $1.2 Mil Up (1 Bedroom)
No. Of Towers : 2
Tenure : Freehold
No. Of Storey : 30
Site Area : 59,986 sqft
No. Of Units : 175
Main Orientation : North-east/ South-west
Units Composition : 1, 2, 3, 3+Study,. 4, 4+Study Bedrooms, Duplex and Penthouse
Distance to MRT : 3 Mins to Novena MRT
Buyers Eligibility : Locals/PRs/Foreigners
Payment Scheme : Normal Progressive
Primary Schools within 1km : ACS Barker

Unit Types & Sizes

(No. of Units - Size (sqft))

Studio
44 - 474/463/484

1 Bedroom
22 - 527/538

2 Bedrooms
42 - 1033/1044/1076

3 Bedrooms
38 - 1098/1109/1119/1561

3 + Study
4 - 1615

4 Bedrooms
14 - 1798

4 + Study
4 - 1841

Duplex
4 - 2626/3068

Penthouse
3 - 3703/4855/5490

Total Units : 175

Facilities

Level 5 Aqua Deck
Swimming Pool
Aqua Spa Circle
Spa Seats and Spa Beds
Day Bed
Floating Deck
Playground
Fun & Splash Zone
Laundry (Pay per use)
Lounge

Level 24 Sky Club
Spa Sanctuary
Spa Massage Zone
Yoga & Meditation
Outdoor Gym
Sky Gym
Games Zone
Sky Swing
Sky Lounge
Wine & Cigar Lounge
Sky Dining Pavilion

Different Dining Experience
BBQ Dining
Teppanyaki Dining
Tatami Platform Dining
Al Fresco Outdoor Dining

Sky Gym

http://www.condoexpert.sg/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/lincoln-suites-sky-gym.jpg

Swimming Pool

http://www.condoexpert.sg/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/lincoln-suites-pool.jpg

Site Map

http://www.condoexpert.sg/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/lincoln-suites-site-map1.jpg
http://www.condoexpert.sg/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/lincoln-suites-site-map2.jpg
http://www.condoexpert.sg/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/lincoln-suites-site-map3.jpg

Street Map

http://www.condoexpert.sg/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/lincolnsuites.jpg

Visit www.CondoExpert.sg (http://www.condoexpert.sg/) or call Jonathan @ 8100-8004 for more information on Lincoln Suites as well as for other new launch condos!

bargain hunter
15-08-12, 16:03
1 more sold at 2063psf in july. final 32 units.

ekl2ekl2
18-09-12, 23:18
Record sale for Lincoln Suites, 2733pfs!,

Sooner or later 3000pfs may well be broken in Newton area.

Those who thought buying at 2000pfs during launch is madness have been proven wrong.

2012-08-29#214632,733pfs1,265,000