PDA

View Full Version : one rm apt price per sq ft sure higher than average pricin??

grinch
29-08-08, 22:38
Hi all, have a query hope some one can enlighten..

Is a one room condo apartment always priced higher than those larger 3 or 4 room units in terms of price per square feet?

For eg. a 1 room 600plus sqft condo that i have been eyeing cost abt $450k translating to almost $700 per sqft.. but the average pricing sold as seen from condo.com.sg are around $500+ to $600+ seemingly for larger units.

And.. IF goin by all the talk abt a property downturn with posiblility of prices goin down by 10 to 20 percent in the nxt 2 years... Pls note i am not saying that it will happen, I just wana know whether a one room/ studio condo unit in the east will actually have the possibility of dropping 20% in this case from 450k to 360k? or does all this pricing factors will only mainly affect larger units or districts nearer to central singapore?

Thankyou in advance if anyone can enlighten me. no offense n no flaames pls.

stay away telok kurau
29-08-08, 23:52
i immediately know you are referring to telok kurau...stay away from the developments there coz u will have problems selling ur unit if you buy one there. u r much better off buying the HDB flats facing the sea in Marine Parade than a low-rise telok kurau pte property with almost no facilities to offer its residents...I would go for the new developments in the cityfringe anytime....

Hi all, have a query hope some one can enlighten..

Is a one room condo apartment always priced higher than those larger 3 or 4 room units in terms of price per square feet?

For eg. a 1 room 600plus sqft condo that i have been eyeing cost abt $450k translating to almost $700 per sqft.. but the average pricing sold as seen from condo.com.sg are around $500+ to $600+ seemingly for larger units.

And.. IF goin by all the talk abt a property downturn with posiblility of prices goin down by 10 to 20 percent in the nxt 2 years... Pls note i am not saying that it will happen, I just wana know whether a one room/ studio condo unit in the east will actually have the possibility of dropping 20% in this case from 450k to 360k? or does all this pricing factors will only mainly affect larger units or districts nearer to central singapore?

Thankyou in advance if anyone can enlighten me. no offense n no flaames pls.

grinch
30-08-08, 00:18
hmm... actually i am looking at one of the units near old tampines road..

Blue
01-12-08, 17:58
The larger the size of the unit, the lower the psf. Reason being is the amount of dollars in absolute terms. Otherwise, there is no incentive for people to buy larger units. Furthermore, when dollar investment reaches $1.xxM, people can choose to buy landed properties, so for the condos and pte apts, they have to offer realistic prices to attract the dough.

Blue
01-12-08, 18:01
i immediately know you are referring to telok kurau...stay away from the developments there coz u will have problems selling ur unit if you buy one there. u r much better off buying the HDB flats facing the sea in Marine Parade than a low-rise telok kurau pte property with almost no facilities to offer its residents...I would go for the new developments in the cityfringe anytime....

It goes the same for city fringe. As long as u buy studio or one bedrm apts, it is mainly catered for bachelors or foreigners who are are working for short term. Whether it is Telok Kurau or City Fringe, all faces problems in reselling. But the City Fringe ones may suffer more loss in capital during bad times.