PDA

View Full Version : The Aristo @ Amber (D15, FH)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Shawn
24-07-12, 11:02
Thanks for sending it across..... got it. Hope the unit will still be available for sale after TOP, then can go up and see the "real thing" and make an offer if I like it.... also waiting to see the conservation house as buyers are paying premium for that as well... plus the 14th level club house... swimming pool and everything....

I think if u wait till TOP it will be too late. Price will definitely creep up or the owner might decide not to sell after seeing the view. If u are aware, all other locations are calling high prices. At the current selling price of $1594 psf, its a steal for an Amber Road address, freehold, high floor with seaview some more.

I dont think buyers are paying a premium for the conservation house as presently that is still not accounted for in the pricing. Just compare its immediate neighbor, The Cape which has no seaview and calling above $2000psf. So, $1594 psf is a real steal for a seaview with a renown conserved house and posh club house on the 14th floor.

But then, its all up to you. You can wait till TOP. Probably I will be there to serve u then.

At $1.03 million for a 2 bedroom is a real steal. Although the unit is small, at that quantum, anybody can afford it.

Newbie23
24-07-12, 11:26
I think if u wait till TOP it will be too late. Price will definitely creep up or the owner might decide not to sell after seeing the view. If u are aware, all other locations are calling high prices. At the current selling price of $1594 psf, its a steal for an Amber Road address, freehold, high floor with seaview some more.

I dont think buyers are paying a premium for the conservation house as presently that is still not accounted for in the pricing. Just compare its immediate neighbor, The Cape which has no seaview and calling above $2000psf. So, $1594 psf is a real steal for a seaview with a renown conserved house and posh club house on the 14th floor.

But then, its all up to you. You can wait till TOP. Probably I will be there to serve u then.

At $1.03 million for a 2 bedroom is a real steal. Although the unit is small, at that quantum, anybody can afford it.

Shawn, you are most likely right... if the TOP is so soon, will the price go up over a couple of weeks? I am still quite concerned with the floorplan and how the interior and quality of workmanship of this developer. The concerns I have for the stack 3 are:

1) West Sun facing
2) Pillars blocking living-room balcony
3) Quality of workmanship on interiors
4) Small window panes look ugly
5) Construction next to it (The Cape)
6) Last transacted price is only $1400+ psf
7) maybe Stack 1 or 2 will be better choices

Laguna
24-07-12, 12:02
well, the units come with huge balcony and superb small bedrooms

Shawn
24-07-12, 12:02
Shawn, you are most likely right... if the TOP is so soon, will the price go up over a couple of weeks? I am still quite concerned with the floorplan and how the interior and quality of workmanship of this developer. The concerns I have for the stack 3 are:

1) West Sun facing

It will TOP end of this year not in a few weeks. I have to agree the units are small but then at the price u paying for the location, it is fair.

Let me answer your worries one by one:

(1) Yes it has west sun but the developer is smart enough to install a wider roof so that units dont get whole afternoon sun only the later in the evening (like 4-6pm). U can go check out at the main site. They design the upper roof longer and wider as a protective cover from afternoon sun. It also ensures privacy of unit upstair and downstair so u cant peep on your neighbor downstair from the balcony.

(2) The pillars are not pillars but thin aluminum frames which add as design concept and create aesthetic value to the development. It also acts as a partial block from afternoon sun. U dont have to worry as the 'pillars' are located at one end of the living room balcony which has not much of a view other than city views. It occupies roughly about 1.5 metres in length and its a thin block of aluminum your view not 100% disrupted.

(3) Workmanship is definitely superb I was at the unit and saw the fine furnishes. Developer has to fulfill its promise as at the launch. I thought I email u one pic showing the marble finishes for the bathroom? Not many new developments nowadays offer full marble for bathroom.

(4) The window panes are not small. One window pane height is about 1 metre and length roughly 80cm. This is very big compared to Silversea windowpanes which u can open only at one side. Please check yourself at the site and compare. If u want I can email u the window pane and the exact measurement they indicate on the window. The good thing about Aristo windowpane is that u can open all the panes at the top side by side, whereas Silversea ones u can only open 1 pane at the side and the rest cannot be opened. Maybe u are confused and see too many windows at Aristo thats the reason it creates that kinda feeling that its small. Aristo units are mostly covered in glass from left to right. As such, its inevitable that most units (Stack 2,3,4) have afternoon sun full or partial. Wait till they clean the windows and remove the blue film it will look much better.

(5) The Cape construction wont affect Stack 2 and 3 units as they are not facing it directly. In any case, once The Cape TOP it will push up the prices of the area surrounding it.

(6) Last transaction listed on URA was for lower floor unit 614 sq.ft (Stack 4) which has no seaview and facing The Cape directly at $1483psf. In addition, about more than a month ago, a mid floor unit 808 sq.ft was transacted at above $1540psf but it was not listed yet on URA. I can bet with u that after TOP, even stack 4 will be calling above $1600psf.

(7) Stack 2 is a better choice than Stack 1 or Stack 3 for sure. But nobody is selling it and once TOP, u wont see anything below $1600psf for this stack. Mark my words.

So ultimately the best stack available for sale now is the #15 floor stack 3 which has both generous sea and city view.

Shawn
24-07-12, 12:03

1) West Sun facing

It will TOP end of this year not in a few weeks. I have to agree the units are small but then at the price u paying for the location, it is fair.

Let me answer your worries one by one:

(1) Yes it has west sun but the developer is smart enough to install a wider roof so that units dont get whole afternoon sun only the later in the evening (like 4-6pm). U can go check out at the main site. They design the upper roof longer and wider as a protective cover from afternoon sun. It also ensures privacy of unit upstair and downstair so u cant peep on your neighbor downstair from the balcony.

(2) The pillars are not pillars but thin aluminum frames which add as design concept and create aesthetic value to the development. It also acts as a partial block from afternoon sun. U dont have to worry as the 'pillars' are located at one end of the living room balcony which has not much of a view other than city views. It occupies roughly about 1.5 metres in length and its a thin block of aluminum your view not 100% disrupted.

(3) Workmanship is definitely superb I was at the unit and saw the fine furnishes. Developer has to fulfill its promise as at the launch. I thought I email u one pic showing the marble finishes for the bathroom? Not many new developments nowadays offer full marble for bathroom.

(4) The window panes are not small. One window pane height is about 1 metre and length roughly 80cm. This is very big compared to Silversea windowpanes which u can open only at one side. Please check yourself at the site and compare. If u want I can email u the window pane and the exact measurement they indicate on the window. The good thing about Aristo windowpane is that u can open all the panes at the top side by side, whereas Silversea ones u can only open 1 pane at the side and the rest cannot be opened. Maybe u are confused and see too many windows at Aristo thats the reason it creates that kinda feeling that its small. Aristo units are mostly covered in glass from left to right. As such, its inevitable that most units (Stack 2,3,4) have afternoon sun full or partial. Wait till they clean the windows and remove the blue film it will look much better.

(5) The Cape construction wont affect Stack 2 and 3 units as they are not facing it directly. In any case, once The Cape TOP it will push up the prices of the area surrounding it.

(6) Last transaction listed on URA was for lower floor unit 614 sq.ft (Stack 4) which has no seaview and facing The Cape directly at $1483psf. In addition, about more than a month ago, a mid floor unit 808 sq.ft was transacted at above $1540psf but it was not listed yet on URA. I can bet with u that after TOP, even stack 4 will be calling above $1600psf.

(7) Stack 2 is a better choice than Stack 1 or Stack 3 for sure. But nobody is selling it and once TOP, u wont see anything below $1600psf for this stack. Mark my words.

So ultimately the best stack available for sale now is the #15 floor stack 3 which has both generous sea and city view.

Shawn
24-07-12, 12:10
well, the units come with huge balcony and superb small bedrooms

Well big balcony is fine if it has a seaview. In addition, Aristo unit doesnt have a huge aircon ledge and no bombshelter or a kitchen yard. So its fair.

Bedroom size I have given for Stack 3 is 2.5m x 3.4 metres and for Stack 2 is even much bigger. if u feel its still small, then u should go and see Katong Regency 1+1 bedroom or other East Coast MM units bedroom sizes. And see what kind of prices they still selling for these units.

Shawn
24-07-12, 12:12
I wont be online till September. Hope my replies help some of u guys.

All the best. Adios.

Newbie23
24-07-12, 14:19
I wont be online till September. Hope my replies help some of u guys.

All the best. Adios.

Thanks Shawn for your extremely valuable advice. Hope you will enjoy your holidays and see u in Sept when you are back.

doufei
24-07-12, 15:30
View from #15-03.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/X:\USERS\KokCF\Aristo photo 1.jpg

Newbie23
24-07-12, 16:16
View from #15-03.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/X:\USERS\KokCF\Aristo photo 1.jpg

Doufei, sorry your picture is not uploaded properly. Can you email to me at [email protected]. I am very interested to know what kind of view from #15-03.

fiat500
25-07-12, 20:58
Dont b con by all the salesman talk. go to the actual site n judge yourself .
What u are paying for are bay windows,planter boxes,oversize balconies n plenty of sunlight especially for certain stacks..
whats the point of having the best fittings when there's hardly any living space?

fiat500
26-07-12, 00:29
Consider the neighbouring FH projects would b a good option.

Newbie23
26-07-12, 10:18
Consider the neighbouring FH projects would b a good option.

Which one do u recommend as a better consideration versus Aristo? Always happy to get advice from the experts.

thomastansb
26-07-12, 10:27
I agree. A picture tells a thousand words. You be your own judge. Look at the floor plan yourself and evaluate.

Dont b con by all the salesman talk. go to the actual site n judge yourself .
What u are paying for are bay windows,planter boxes,oversize balconies n plenty of sunlight especially for certain stacks..
whats the point of having the best fittings when there's hardly any living space?

thomastansb
26-07-12, 10:28
Anyone can afford? Lion open big mouth.

Newbie23
26-07-12, 11:06
I agree. A picture tells a thousand words. You be your own judge. Look at the floor plan yourself and evaluate.

Already seen the floor plan. But if anyone has the pictures of the real unit, it will be even more convincing if it is worthwhile ..... it looks almost completed.... so tempting to buy now !!!!!!

fiat500
26-07-12, 11:27
Which one do u recommend as a better consideration versus Aristo? Always happy to get advice from the experts.
There are esta, amber residences n ola. All these easily offer much better layout n living space plus more facilities.. if u dont mind LH,shore residences is good also.

zeamybro
26-07-12, 15:47
I have this love-hate feeling for Aristo..

Whenever i see the building, i really pity those west facing units. The scorching sun rays are really piercing right through the balcony, windows and into the living spaces, fully baked especially during 3-6pm. But one thing i am sure is that it will have fantastic seaview (non pocketed ones!). I guess most east coast projects with seaview/cityview would need to suffer the west sun and expressway pollution (super noisy).

The next thing i love is the butterfly house which i got the priviledge to visit a few yrs back when it was still in tact. It used to be a timeless beauty lying next to the sea, but now with its wings clipped and severed off...

The idea of having a mechanical carpark is also a major turn off...

http://timelessbeauty.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/in-the-past1.jpg?w=500&h=292
http://timelessbeauty.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/butterfly-hse-1-dl.jpg?w=500&h=375

Newbie23
27-07-12, 10:00
I have this love-hate feeling for Aristo..

Whenever i see the building, i really pity those west facing units. The scorching sun rays are really piercing right through the balcony, windows and into the living spaces, fully baked especially during 3-6pm. But one thing i am sure is that it will have fantastic seaview (non pocketed ones!). I guess most east coast projects with seaview/cityview would need to suffer the west sun and expressway pollution (super noisy).

The next thing i love is the butterfly house which i got the priviledge to visit a few yrs back when it was still in tact. It used to be a timeless beauty lying next to the sea, but now with its wings clipped and severed off...

The idea of having a mechanical carpark is also a major turn off...

http://timelessbeauty.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/in-the-past1.jpg?w=500&h=292
http://timelessbeauty.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/butterfly-hse-1-dl.jpg?w=500&h=375

Thanks for the nice pictures. Tell us about the history of Amber Road and east coast area, especially for the younger generation. Just curious : why is mechanical carpark a major turn off???? land is scarce and wouldn't mechanical car park be the most efficient use of space. I have never use a mechanical carpark before.... is it really bad? Or is it just noisy? What's the bad points about it?

hopeful
27-07-12, 10:33
Thanks for the nice pictures. Tell us about the history of Amber Road and east coast area, especially for the younger generation. Just curious : why is mechanical carpark a major turn off???? land is scarce and wouldn't mechanical car park be the most efficient use of space. I have never use a mechanical carpark before.... is it really bad? Or is it just noisy? What's the bad points about it?

dont be a lazy bum.
in the forum, there is an advance search function, type in keywords and go through all the posts.

Newbie23
27-07-12, 11:05
dont be a lazy bum.
in the forum, there is an advance search function, type in keywords and go through all the posts.

Thanks Hopeful.... got to know a lot more about mechanical carpark now...

doufei
27-07-12, 12:02
Agreed that the living space of Aristo is small so it is more suitable for couple without children. If you are buying for your own stay for 1/2 persons and you like the location and price meet your budget, can consider buying it. As for the interior, it depend on how you design and renovate the place to make it look/feel more spacious/cosy.

There is always demand for this area and this is freehold, so value should appreciate. Anyway, if for own stay, does not have to worry too much on the capital appreciation.

Well, most developments in this area with seaview will have to face West sun. So this is individual preference, some do not mind the West sun as long as the location, amenities, environment..etc is good. Can always avoid balcony and on aircon between 3-6pm. Come out after the West sun to enjoy your seaview.

Already seen the floor plan. But if anyone has the pictures of the real unit, it will be even more convincing if it is worthwhile ..... it looks almost completed.... so tempting to buy now !!!!!!

minority
27-07-12, 12:14
so many choice in this area. no need to restrict yourself to a small place.

Newbie23
27-07-12, 12:22
Agreed that the living space of Aristo is small so it is more suitable for couple without children. If you are buying for your own stay for 1/2 persons and you like the location and price meet your budget, can consider buying it. As for the interior, it depend on how you design and renovate the place to make it look/feel more spacious/cosy.

There is always demand for this area and this is freehold, so value should appreciate. Anyway, if for own stay, does not have to worry too much on the capital appreciation.

Well, most developments in this area with seaview will have to face West sun. So this is individual preference, some do not mind the West sun as long as the location, amenities, environment..etc is good. Can always avoid balcony and on aircon between 3-6pm. Come out after the West sun to enjoy your seaview.

Doufei, I will take your advice seriously. Anyway, wont be in between 3pm to 6pm most of the time except for weekends.

Yes, reno is important for such small units. Looking forward to see the project completed and how the whole building will turn out to be.....

hopeful
27-07-12, 14:10
Doufei, I will take your advice seriously. Anyway, wont be in between 3pm to 6pm most of the time except for weekends.

Yes, reno is important for such small units. Looking forward to see the project completed and how the whole building will turn out to be.....

why do you want to wait?
now is only 1600psf, if completed will shoot to 2000psf.

doufei
27-07-12, 14:17
Well, main factor is budget $$$ and affordability. If has higher budget, can always look out for bigger unit.

so many choice in this area. no need to restrict yourself to a small place.

Newbie23
27-07-12, 14:58
why do you want to wait?

Hopeful, have you decided whether to get one in Aristo?

zeamybro
28-07-12, 00:53

Newbie23 - The land reclamation took place in the 1970s along the east coast. All the coastal bungalows which used to have the luxury of enjoying the sea and the beach at their doorsteps were soon forsaken by their rich owners. The actual coast line was just right in front of the butterfly house, and it stretches along the big canal in front of the sea view condo all the way to the eastern side of sg. There are still quite a no of the old seafront bungalows which you can still find and see if u travel along Marine Parade Rd eg. Seaview condo clubhouse, Seabreeze lodge opp Parkway Parade, the abandoned Grand Hotel at Still rd junction, Grand Duchess clubhouse etc

Cote D'Azur, Laguna Park, Neptune Court etc are all sitted on reclaimed land, but I believe the condos along meyer and Tanjong Rhu are not though, but just slightly behind the old coast line.

Mechanical carpark could be a nightmare due to the fear of mechanical errors or breakdowns. I have a friend who is using mech cp for his apartment. He claims that the time to retrieve his car is actually shorter than what most others hv perceived (1-2min), but there were 2 occasions when he couldn't use his car over the weekends as the carpark mechanism was jammed, and there were no technician to work on the repairs during the weekend.

fiat500
28-07-12, 03:50
why do you want to wait?
there is no need to rush into it..
have a good look at the actual unit b4 u commit.
i m sure the surrounding projects offer better value for $$..

Newbie23
29-07-12, 21:55
Newbie23 - The land reclamation took place in the 1970s along the east coast. All the coastal bungalows which used to have the luxury of enjoying the sea and the beach at their doorsteps were soon forsaken by their rich owners. The actual coast line was just right in front of the butterfly house, and it stretches along the big canal in front of the sea view condo all the way to the eastern side of sg. There are still quite a no of the old seafront bungalows which you can still find and see if u travel along Marine Parade Rd eg. Seaview condo clubhouse, Seabreeze lodge opp Parkway Parade, the abandoned Grand Hotel at Still rd junction, Grand Duchess clubhouse etc

Cote D'Azur, Laguna Park, Neptune Court etc are all sitted on reclaimed land, but I believe the condos along meyer and Tanjong Rhu are not though, but just slightly behind the old coast line.

Mechanical carpark could be a nightmare due to the fear of mechanical errors or breakdowns. I have a friend who is using mech cp for his apartment. He claims that the time to retrieve his car is actually shorter than what most others hv perceived (1-2min), but there were 2 occasions when he couldn't use his car over the weekends as the carpark mechanism was jammed, and there were no technician to work on the repairs during the weekend.

Thanks for your sharing bro. For those born after 70, we might not know the history of Katong area so well. so nice to see the pics which u posted as a pic tells a thousand words. Will be extremely fun to see how D15 will turn out to be in the next 10 years as we get the new expressway MCE and MRT line Eastern Regional Line etc.... hope they don't do any more land reclamation, otherwise the seaview will get further ..........

Just wish that the MRT is built earlier... 2020 is so far away. :)

Newbie23
29-07-12, 21:58

The surrounding area all selling at higher prices.... and not as close to East Coast to get partial seaview.

fiat500
30-07-12, 14:05
The surrounding area all selling at higher prices.... and not as close to East Coast to get partial seaview.
More important is the layout of your unit and also the orientation of it..
Of coz having sea view would be good but it is secondary.

Newbie23
31-07-12, 15:49
Strangely, 16@Amber is quite quiet and FEO projects "The Cape" and "Silversea" as well as the Chinese Swimming Club is ramping up quite a far bit.... Very soon, the construction along Amber Road will be left with The Cape and 16@Amber. What else can we expect from East Coast area near Paramount and opp Parkway Parade....

Nearby projects such as "The SHORE" and "MODA" once completed, will add a lot of people in that vicinity... and perhaps more car traffic and pollution too... need more trees and greenery...

Newbie23
13-08-12, 10:02
Strangely, 16@Amber is quite quiet and FEO projects "The Cape" and "Silversea" as well as the Chinese Swimming Club is ramping up quite a far bit.... Very soon, the construction along Amber Road will be left with The Cape and 16@Amber. What else can we expect from East Coast area near Paramount and opp Parkway Parade....

Nearby projects such as "The SHORE" and "MODA" once completed, will add a lot of people in that vicinity... and perhaps more car traffic and pollution too... need more trees and greenery...

Any updates on Aristo? Anyone sneak in to take a peep at the actual unit? And what's the comments after that? Hope it will TOP soon!

Laguna
13-08-12, 11:12
I noted the balcony is very big

Newbie23
13-08-12, 13:14
I noted the balcony is very big

Yes, big enough to have dining table placed outside the balcony. Isn't it nice to have outdoor dining?

Newbie23
27-08-12, 11:57
Yes, big enough to have dining table placed outside the balcony. Isn't it nice to have outdoor dining?

Any recent transactions done for Aristo? Wonder if the price will creep up after TOP.

carbuncle
27-08-12, 12:13
Any recent transactions done for Aristo? Wonder if the price will creep up after TOP.

Hows this for lousy selling price.

THE ARISTO @ AMBER AMBER ROAD Apartment 1 839,000 603 Strata 1,392 Aug-12

Newbie23
27-08-12, 14:30

It's probably the buyer who got the special deal!!!!

Shawn
29-08-12, 17:00

This is a tiny duplex unit on the 2nd floor facing head-to-head (5 metres apart) with the old conservation bungalow and roadside. Obviously it has no views. Its also just behind the mechanical carpark so imagine the noise from the machine just behind this unit. Yet it is still transacted at close to $1400psf. So this is probably the lowest threshold u can ever get for Aristo.

U guys can forget the idea of getting a high floor seaview unit for less than $1600psf. There is only 1 seller now willing to sell below that price now. Grab it while u can cause once this development TOP, price will definitely creep up fast just like other developments or perhaps faster. Once the desperate sellers are gone, the desperate buyers will come in.

The Aristo is a rare gem after I got the chance to go up to the unit and see the seaview and the furnishings. It is the only condo with a seaview clubhouse on the 14th floor. Can u tell me any other similar developments like it in Singapore ??? Not only that, it is so conveniently located to bus stops, shopping malls, eating places, the beach (cross over underground tunnel) and a loadful of facilities offered by Chinese Swimming Club just across it. Not forgetting this is a freehold development. And the furnishings are superb with natural white marble in living and dining, and marble and duravit accessories in both bathrooms, and solid teak flooring for bedrooms.

Not only that, the conservation house will come out beautifully as the main entrance to this posh nicely designed building. I am not hyping up this development but I am merely stating the facts. This conservation house has a 100 year old history with a well-known architect behind it, John Bidwell, the same person who did Raffles Hotel, Goodwood Park Hotel and the National Theatre Building. So a million dollar history deserves a million dollar price and value. Ultimately, people will see it once this project completed.

And by the time u guys realise it, it will be too late. My bet that Aristo will cross $2000psf still holds. Just watch for it.

Shawn
29-08-12, 17:20

Surrounding projects like where ?? The Cape, 16@Amber ?? Dont be silly these developments just along the same road as The Aristo are all asking much higher prices psf and they are neither as good as The Aristo in terms of location and seaview. Facts will eventually unfold once all these developments TOP. Buyers have eyes to see and make a fair judgment eventually. Actual unit is small so as those units at The Cape and 16@Amber but u are paying the price for a small unit. For eg. $1.04 million for a 646 sq.ft...can u expect to pay $1 million for a 1000 sq.ft freehold in Amber ??? Be logical when u make a conclusion.

U cant compare The Aristo with further away developments like One Amber or The Esta as they dont offer much of seaviews and location wise not as good. Its fair to compare same road area development. The Aristo is located just beside The Cape and 16@Amber is along the same road further down. Soon Sonongol Construction will launch its new condo at the enbloc Amber Towers also located along the same road early next year and see for yrself what kind of psf they will be asking. They bought the land at $1450psf and to breakeven they need to sell above $1800psf. So $2000psf or more is more like it.

Next year the government will announce the ERL MRT line. This will push up the condo prices especially The Aristo and the condos nearby it.

Newbie23
30-08-12, 13:13
Surrounding projects like where ?? The Cape, 16@Amber ?? Dont be silly these developments just along the same road as The Aristo are all asking much higher prices psf and they are neither as good as The Aristo in terms of location and seaview. Facts will eventually unfold once all these developments TOP. Buyers have eyes to see and make a fair judgment eventually. Actual unit is small so as those units at The Cape and 16@Amber but u are paying the price for a small unit. For eg. $1.04 million for a 646 sq.ft...can u expect to pay $1 million for a 1000 sq.ft freehold in Amber ??? Be logical when u make a conclusion.

U cant compare The Aristo with further away developments like One Amber or The Esta as they dont offer much of seaviews and location wise not as good. Its fair to compare same road area development. The Aristo is located just beside The Cape and 16@Amber is along the same road further down. Soon Sonongol Construction will launch its new condo at the enbloc Amber Towers also located along the same road early next year and see for yrself what kind of psf they will be asking. They bought the land at $1450psf and to breakeven they need to sell above $1800psf. So $2000psf or more is more like it.

Next year the government will announce the ERL MRT line. This will push up the condo prices especially The Aristo and the condos nearby it.

Welcome back Shawn!!!! You are voted as the most avid supporter of Aristo. Any news of when the project will TOP?

Leeds
30-08-12, 13:39

Amber Towers was sold en bloc for $1180 psf ppr. The breakeven is about $1550 psf. Heard that the developer is leasing out the units instead of redeveloping the site because current price could not support the high price they paid for the land. The fact that developers are leasing out units they bought en bloc including Amber Glades and Amber Towers said so much their confidence of prices going forward.

fiat500
30-08-12, 17:36

All the salesman talk again!

Shawn
02-09-12, 11:57

Yeah saleman talk. One unit on low floor just transacted.

710 sq.ft at $1,070,000 ($1506 psf) on a low floor (6-10 floor)

I am currently negotiating with a buyer for a mid-high floor 807 sq.ft unit for $1.35 million i.e. at $1,670psf. Buyer wants $1.33 but owner persistently want to stick at $1.35 million.

Talking about salesman talk, I am no saleman but an honest agent for many years. I am merely stating facts. You guys are still in your dreamworld i believe.

Shawn
02-09-12, 12:03
Amber Towers was sold en bloc for $1180 psf ppr. The breakeven is about $1550 psf. Heard that the developer is leasing out the units instead of redeveloping the site because current price could not support the high price they paid for the land. The fact that developers are leasing out units they bought en bloc including Amber Glades and Amber Towers said so much their confidence of prices going forward.
Amber Towers were sold enbloc at a psf per plot price of $1441. Please dont misrepresent data. To breakeven they need to sell at $1800psf the least. And probably the selling price will be way above $2100psf.

They leasing out units ?? With such a rundown apartment ?? Please dont spill bullshit here. They already put up notice board around the enbloc area 'Sonongol Land - luxurious units coming your way' or something along that line. Go visit the actual site.

Its a shame there's a lot of liars here in this board.

Shawn
02-09-12, 12:19
Amber Towers were sold enbloc at a psf per plot price of $1441. Please dont misrepresent data. To breakeven they need to sell at $1800psf the least. And probably the selling price will be way above $2100psf.

They leasing out units ?? With such a rundown apartment ?? Please dont spill bullshit here. They already put up notice board around the enbloc area 'Sonongol Land - luxurious units coming your way' or something along that line. Go visit the actual site.

Quote I correcting myself $1441psf is the price owner get for their unit psf. I.e. how much Sonongol paid for the rundown units. The one u quoted at $1118psf is per plot ratio i.e. the development land cost of each new unit without including other costs incurred like construction, furnishes etc for each unit. Hope this clears the misunderstanding. As such, developer confirm need to sell above $2000psf to make money.

Shawn
02-09-12, 12:22
Welcome back Shawn!!!! You are voted as the most avid supporter of Aristo. Any news of when the project will TOP?

TOP end of this year or very early next year. Now they are finishing up the conservation house and the main entrance (flooring and road etc). The rest are almost done.

doufei
03-09-12, 11:53
Actually hope to move in before Chrismas this yr but doubt its possible. Now if can move in before Chinese New Year next year will be happy already. This is something bad on this developer, take so long to construct a building, will try to avoid this deveoper for future purchase consideration, though quality is good.

TOP end of this year or very early next year. Now they are finishing up the conservation house and the main entrance (flooring and road etc). The rest are almost done.

Newbie23
03-09-12, 13:32
Actually hope to move in before Chrismas this yr but doubt its possible. Now if can move in before Chinese New Year next year will be happy already. This is something bad on this developer, take so long to construct a building, will try to avoid this deveoper for future purchase consideration, though quality is good.

Doufei, how do you know quality is good? Cannot really comment until key is collected and inspection done. Anyone went up recently?

doufei
03-09-12, 14:18
I do not have a chance to look at the interior yet. I assume quality should be good based on shawn's comments.

QUOTE=Newbie23]Doufei, how do you know quality is good? Cannot really comment until key is collected and inspection done. Anyone went up recently?[/QUOTE]

fiat500
03-09-12, 15:51
U sure quality is good? Better check thoroughly when u collect yr keys cos something is not right with this developer! U dont need 4yrs+ to construct a lone single tower of 56units only..
Better still,sell it off fast n buy those surrounding projects..
As u can see,that salesman here is trying very hard to promote this peoject which makes it even more less convincing...

Newbie23
03-09-12, 16:22
U sure quality is good? Better check thoroughly when u collect yr keys cos something is not right with this developer! U dont need 4yrs+ to construct a lone single tower of 56units only..
Better still,sell it off fast n buy those surrounding projects..
As u can see,that salesman here is trying very hard to promote this peoject which makes it even more less convincing...

There are many reasons for the delay and according to the eBrochure, it is supposed to be TOP on 31 Dec 2013. So it is technically ahead of schedule!

fiat500
03-09-12, 17:23
There are many reasons for the delay and according to the eBrochure, it is supposed to be TOP on 31 Dec 2013. So it is technically ahead of schedule!
In every brochure of every project, the top date will b very far down the road,i m sure u are aware.. developers do that to safeguard themselves!
but do u need 4yrs+ to build a tower of only 17 floors?

ekl2ekl2
03-09-12, 18:34

By your reasoning, the price of Aristo units with seaview should be higher than units in One Amber and The seaview?

Newbie23
04-09-12, 11:54
In every brochure of every project, the top date will b very far down the road,i m sure u are aware.. developers do that to safeguard themselves!

Think TOP still a few months to go... sian!

dtrax
04-09-12, 17:11
THE ARISTO @ AMBER 23 Amber Road #04-02 1 75 Strata 1,180,000 15733 1462 23-AUG-2012 Apartment Freehold Uncompleted Sub Sale HDB 15 43 439871 Central Region Marine Par

Floor Xpert - Lena Lim
04-09-12, 22:48
Dear Residence,

We are please to share our services to the residents here.

Pls refer to attach image for more information or visit www.floorxpert.com (http://www.floorxpert.com).

We look forward for your support.

Thank you

Regards
Lena Lim
Floor Xpert

fiat500
05-09-12, 16:39
Dear Residence,

We are please to share our services to the residents here.

Pls refer to attach image for more information or visit www.floorxpert.com (http://www.floorxpert.com).

We look forward for your support.

Thank you

Regards
Lena Lim
Floor Xpert
This project is good for your business..:D
Every unit has plenty of planter boxes for u to patch up...

Newbie23
05-09-12, 16:42
This project is good for your business..:D
Every unit has plenty of planter boxes for u to patch up...

Bulk discount?

Shawn
07-09-12, 09:25

I am hardly online unlike u. Who's talking?

I am so much lesser a salesman as compared to you, someone who is so bitter and so much trying to bring down the image of Aristo. Just look at yr messages its clear whats your motives are.

As I said price will only creep up it wont come down.

Shawn
07-09-12, 09:34
Doufei dont worry abt the quality its going to be good. I just saw the kitchen cabinet for The Aristo and its beautiful (although not fully completed), the same as what u have seen on the brochure. You wont be disappointed. I attach a photo for the kitchen cabinet layout for the 646 sq.ft which is similar to 614 sq.ft, the unit u bought. I am amazed that for a small sized unit, the developer really did a proper fully functional kitchen cabinet. I seen much worst kitchen cabinets in small developments elsewhere and this is the best I seen. The architect is very careful on layout and spacing for all the items they place.

I also seen the bathrooms, the living room and balcony floorings etc all are completed already and they are truly beautiful with good quality marble finishes. Some outstanding work remains for wardrobe for some and the conservation house. Overall its a good project and thumbs up for this developer.

This project will TOP end of this year or the latest very early next year. This developer is fussy according to some contractors I talk to. It keeps asking them to change or tear down existing furnishings cause dont look good etc. In addition, the conservation house takes sometime to complete.

The countdown is coming. Now they are finishing up the entrance, the gate and the flooring for the surrounding area on 1st floor around the building.

I do not have a chance to look at the interior yet. I assume quality should be good based on shawn's comments.

QUOTE=Newbie23]Doufei, how do you know quality is good? Cannot really comment until key is collected and inspection done. Anyone went up recently?[/quote]

Shawn
07-09-12, 09:43

Carry on with yr bullshitting. This project started construction only in early 2010. It is not 4 years plus as you blurted. The project was launched in late 2008 and the showflat is closed in late 2009. So early 2013 when this project completed it will be 3 years. It might be a bit longer than normal smaller project but did you notice the 100 year old conservation in front of this development ? This makes piling and construction work even more difficult and slower.

Why are u such a busybody when u claim u dont have a stake in The Aristo ?

equalizer
07-09-12, 09:53
Doufei dont worry abt the quality its going to be good. I just saw the kitchen cabinet for The Aristo and its beautiful (although not fully completed), the same as what u have seen on the brochure. You wont be disappointed. I attach a photo for the kitchen cabinet layout for the 646 sq.ft which is similar to 614 sq.ft, the unit u bought. I am amazed that for a small sized unit, the developer really did a proper fully functional kitchen cabinet. I seen much worst kitchen cabinets in small developments elsewhere and this is the best I seen. The architect is very careful on layout and spacing for all the items they place.

I also seen the bathrooms, the living room and balcony floorings etc all are completed already and they are truly beautiful with good quality marble finishes. Some outstanding work remains for wardrobe for some and the conservation house. Overall its a good project and thumbs up for this developer.

This project will TOP end of this year or the latest very early next year. This developer is fussy according to some contractors I talk to. It keeps asking them to change or tear down existing furnishings cause dont look good etc. In addition, the conservation house takes sometime to complete.

The countdown is coming. Now they are finishing up the entrance, the gate and the flooring for the surrounding area on 1st floor around the building.

[/quote]

got any pics of the views frm stack 1 & 2?

Shawn
07-09-12, 09:59
By your reasoning, the price of Aristo units with seaview should be higher than units in One Amber and The seaview?
Yes Yes Yes definitely. U will be convinced once u see the seaview.

This is the photo of the seaview from one of the penthouse unit at The Aristo. The view is spectacular as this unit, which is currently selling on the market, has a seaview as well as city view. I believe the stack 1 and 2 view will be equally spectacular for units above 10 storey.

The clubhouse has a very open view. Compare that to another development, Parc Seabreeze, The Aristo stands out. The sea is so close, and its breezy, in addition to a beautiful city view for Stack 2 and Stack 3. If you ask me to compare The Aristo and Parc Seabreeze, I will give a 2x higher rating to The Aristo in terms of sea and city view, furnishings and location.

Yet Parc Seabreeze is now transacting at a higher psf. But u must always remember before TOP, Parc Seabreeze is transacting at pathetic psf. Now u see a 15-20% appreciation in just 6 months alone just before and after TOP. Same thing will happen to The Aristo. But dont let the potential buyers come up and view the high floor Aristo units. Once they do, price psf will fly I am convinced.

I went up to Parc Seabreeze and saw the seafacing units. Nothing fantastic. Its partially blocked by buildings one after another and u paying for $1600-1800 psf for such units ??? The clubhouse on 14th floor has nothing but mainly chairs to sit to enjoy the partial seaviews as well as the rundown HDBs nearby unlike The Aristo which has a 23 metres pool and a gym facing the 'almost unblock' sea and city view directly, in addition to jacuzzi and a playground.

I attach a photo of the seaview taken from a penthouse unit at The Aristo. U can get similar view for Stack 1 and Stack 2 as long as its above 10th floor. Stack 3 also have good seaviews from an angle and it has city views as well. So buyers grab it quickly while u can from desperate sellers cause there arent many of them left for The Aristo.

equalizer
07-09-12, 10:13
more pics leh...more int'd in stack 1 as stack 2, 3 and 4 all kenna afternoon sun.

Shawn
07-09-12, 10:17
more pics leh...

If u wanna see more wait till TOP. I cant share all my pics with u as there is confidentiality clause to be respected. But be convinced that this project is truly under-rated and will burst soon once its close or right after TOP.

equalizer
07-09-12, 10:18
If u wanna see more wait till TOP. I cant share all my pics with u as there is confidentiality clause to be respected. But be convinced that this project is truly under-rated and will burst soon once its close or right after TOP.

ok...kum sia.

eng81157
07-09-12, 10:20
Yes Yes Yes definitely. U will be convinced once u see the seaview.

This is the photo of the seaview from one of the penthouse unit at The Aristo. The view is spectacular as this unit, which is currently selling on the market, has a seaview as well as city view. I believe the stack 1 and 2 view will be equally spectacular for units above 10 storey.

The clubhouse has a very open view. Compare that to another development, Parc Seabreeze, The Aristo stands out. The sea is so close, and its breezy, in addition to a beautiful city view for Stack 2 and Stack 3. If you ask me to compare The Aristo and Parc Seabreeze, I will give a 2x higher rating to The Aristo in terms of sea and city view, furnishings and location.

Yet Parc Seabreeze is now transacting at a higher psf. But u must always remember before TOP, Parc Seabreeze is transacting at pathetic psf. Now u see a 15-20% appreciation in just 6 months alone just before and after TOP. Same thing will happen to The Aristo. But dont let the potential buyers come up and view the high floor Aristo units. Once they do, price psf will fly I am convinced.

I went up to Parc Seabreeze and saw the seafacing units. Nothing fantastic. Its partially blocked by buildings one after another and u paying for $1600-1800 psf for such units ??? The clubhouse on 14th floor has nothing but mainly chairs to sit to enjoy the partial seaviews as well as the rundown HDBs nearby unlike The Aristo which has a 23 metres pool and a gym facing the 'almost unblock' sea and city view directly, in addition to jacuzzi and a playground.

I attach a photo of the seaview taken from a penthouse unit at The Aristo. U can get similar view for Stack 1 and Stack 2 as long as its above 10th floor. Stack 3 also have good seaviews from an angle and it has city views as well. So buyers grab it quickly while u can from desperate sellers cause there arent many of them left for The Aristo.

dude, PSB has a totally different selling point. Can I walk across the street from Aristo and get my groceries, food and shopping? NO:doh: :doh:

If we talk about seaview, I give 100x higher rating for Silversea than Aristo

Shawn
07-09-12, 10:22
more pics leh...more int'd in stack 1 as stack 2, 3 and 4 all kenna afternoon sun.

Dont worry abt the afternoon sun here. Its very breezy to the extent that u wont sweat from the sun. Instead u find it cooling when u open all the windows. I went up to stack 3 and 4 and I know what I talking about.

If u talking abt afternoon sun in suburban condos with no sea fronting then I understand yr concern. But not this.

doufei
07-09-12, 10:23
Thanks for the update, Shawn. Yes, the kitchen cabinet looks nice, full cabinets. I find nowadays new private apartments don't have full kitchen cabinets and actual layout looks weird. Do you also have pics on the bathrooms, living room and balcony floorings to share? Thanks.

[/quote]

Shawn
07-09-12, 10:26
Hmm its too close for comfort and the noise and traffic will kill u.

I think Aristo is a better location cause the facilities, shopping are within walking distance and u dont have to bear with the traffic noise, the HDB residents nearby, and the market in front.

Haha now u comparing Silversea instead of Parc Seabreeze. Obviously u know Parc Seabreeze has lousier seaviews to Aristo. I rest my case. Dont wanna waste my time here.

Good luck to all potential buyers. I have given enough info for you guys to evaluate. I be back in December.

Sorry I disagree with u.

dude, PSB has a totally different selling point. Can I walk across the street from Aristo and get my groceries, food and shopping? NO:doh: :doh:

If we talk about seaview, I give 100x higher rating for Silversea than Aristo

Shawn
07-09-12, 10:29
Doufei sorry i cant share too many pics with u due to confidentiality clause. But trust me its far above average the workmanship. You will be truly happy. See u in December. If i can i will be online earlier. Got to go to Jakarta to handle property sales there.

Thanks for the update, Shawn. Yes, the kitchen cabinet looks nice, full cabinets. I find nowadays new private apartments don't have full kitchen cabinets and actual layout looks weird. Do you also have pics on the bathrooms, living room and balcony floorings to share? Thanks.

[/quote]

eng81157
07-09-12, 10:39
Hmm its too close for comfort and the noise and traffic will kill u.

I think Aristo is a better location cause the facilities, shopping are within walking distance and u dont have to bear with the traffic noise, the HDB residents nearby, and the market in front.

Haha now u comparing Silversea instead of Parc Seabreeze. Obviously u know Parc Seabreeze has lousier seaviews to Aristo. I rest my case. Dont wanna waste my time here.

Good luck to all potential buyers. I have given enough info for you guys to evaluate. I be back in December.

Sorry I disagree with u.

facilities and amenities are within walking distance?!? :doh:
well, jurong is within walking distance to changi too. it's just how long the walk is.

you are the numbskull that picked PSB to compare for seaview. Why don't you pick Silversea instead?! Afraid that Aristo's view sucks in comparison?

I rest my case

Newbie23
07-09-12, 10:41
Doufei sorry i cant share too many pics with u due to confidentiality clause. But trust me its far above average the workmanship. You will be truly happy. See u in December. If i can i will be online earlier. Got to go to Jakarta to handle property sales there.

[/QUOTE]

Shawn, welcome back to the forum. Yes we all cannot wait to go up and view the interior and the clubhouse and the SEAVIEW. Will email you in private...

doufei
07-09-12, 10:48
Yes, having been waiting long long for it to TOP. Is it possible to send to my private email? Thanks.

fiat500
08-09-12, 00:12
not only afternoon sun,all 4 stacks have big planter boxes n plenty of bay windows..so in actual fact,there wont be much living space left..:doh:

Leeds
10-09-12, 13:04

Published April 11, 2011

Amber Towers sold for $161.6m

Owners can potentially receive up to $4.4m depending on unit size

AMBER Towers has been sold in an en bloc deal to China Sonangol Land for $161.6 million, or $1,118 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr).

The freehold Amber Towers site occupies an area of about 40,708 sq ft and can potentially accommodate a new high-rise residential development with a maximum permissible gross floor area of about 144,604 sq ft.

The 35-year old development consists of 54 apartments. Owners can potentially receive up to $4.4 million depending on the size of their unit.

'Amber Towers has excellent locational attributes. A new development on the site will offer good pocket sea view as well as unobstructed view of the landed housing estate in the Meyer Road vicinity,' said Suzie Mok, director of investment sales at Savills Singapore, which handled the sale.

Amber Glades and Marine Point, both in the same vicinity, were recently sold to Far East Organization and CapitaLand for $118.1 million ($1,066 psf ppr) and $100.7 million ($1,056 psf ppr) respectively.

Analysts have said that the collective sales market is picking up. Several transactions have been recorded so far this year. Last year, over 34 collective sales totalling $1.7 billion were recorded, data from Credo Real Estate showed.

This was in stark contrast to 2009 when only one deal was struck.

Several more collective sales tenders are set to close over the next few weeks, including those for Braddell Park, Coronation Grove, Newton Lodge and Pine Grove.

Comfirmed Amber Glades units are being leased out by Far East after acquiring en bloc last year. See propertyguru below.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10758528/for-rent-amber-glades

You cannot even differentiate between psf ppr and psf. Wonder who is lieing?

Newbie23
12-09-12, 16:24
Published April 11, 2011

Amber Towers sold for $161.6m

Owners can potentially receive up to $4.4m depending on unit size

AMBER Towers has been sold in an en bloc deal to China Sonangol Land for $161.6 million, or $1,118 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr).

The freehold Amber Towers site occupies an area of about 40,708 sq ft and can potentially accommodate a new high-rise residential development with a maximum permissible gross floor area of about 144,604 sq ft.

The 35-year old development consists of 54 apartments. Owners can potentially receive up to $4.4 million depending on the size of their unit.

'Amber Towers has excellent locational attributes. A new development on the site will offer good pocket sea view as well as unobstructed view of the landed housing estate in the Meyer Road vicinity,' said Suzie Mok, director of investment sales at Savills Singapore, which handled the sale.

Amber Glades and Marine Point, both in the same vicinity, were recently sold to Far East Organization and CapitaLand for $118.1 million ($1,066 psf ppr) and $100.7 million ($1,056 psf ppr) respectively.

Analysts have said that the collective sales market is picking up. Several transactions have been recorded so far this year. Last year, over 34 collective sales totalling $1.7 billion were recorded, data from Credo Real Estate showed.

This was in stark contrast to 2009 when only one deal was struck.

Several more collective sales tenders are set to close over the next few weeks, including those for Braddell Park, Coronation Grove, Newton Lodge and Pine Grove.

Comfirmed Amber Glades units are being leased out by Far East after acquiring en bloc last year. See propertyguru below.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10758528/for-rent-amber-glades

You cannot even differentiate between psf ppr and psf. Wonder who is lieing?

Anyone know what is the next project at Amber Road?

Newbie23
19-09-12, 10:58
Yes, having been waiting long long for it to TOP. Is it possible to send to my private email? Thanks.

Will construction speed up now that 7th month is over? Slow progress

Shawn
21-10-12, 21:18
Will construction speed up now that 7th month is over? Slow progress
Aristo will TOP early next year. They are doing up the conservation house and the tiles for the road going into the carpark and exit. I saw them plastering the external wall of the conservation house now. The main building is more or less 95% finished.

Latest transaction for 807 sq.ft on a high floor (13th floor) has already breached $1,717 psf. So $2,000psf is coming. Low floor units will always be sold at a discount but looking at the speed of sales for the low floor units (eg. 2nd floor unit facing the conservation house and main road sold for approx $1400psf), Aristo seems to have sold almost all the low floor units and now left with the high floors which the owners can call a price for. I bet the $2000psf will be breached after TOP.

With the kind of seaview that Aristo offers, $2000psf is easily met. Next year, Amber 4 will be launched by Sonangol Land, the Chinese developer who is currently building 21 Angullia Park, a high end condo in Orchard Road. This developer will definitely launch above $2000psf for its units even the lowest floor units.

fiat500
21-10-12, 22:47
Aristo will TOP early next year. They are doing up the conservation house and the tiles for the road going into the carpark and exit. I saw them plastering the external wall of the conservation house now. The main building is more or less 95% finished.

Latest transaction for 807 sq.ft on a high floor (13th floor) has already breached $1,717 psf. So $2,000psf is coming. Low floor units will always be sold at a discount but looking at the speed of sales for the low floor units (eg. 2nd floor unit facing the conservation house and main road sold for approx $1400psf), Aristo seems to have sold almost all the low floor units and now left with the high floors which the owners can call a price for. I bet the $2000psf will be breached after TOP.

With the kind of seaview that Aristo offers, $2000psf is easily met. Next year, Amber 4 will be launched by Sonangol Land, the Chinese developer who is currently building 21 Angullia Park, a high end condo in Orchard Road. This developer will definitely launch above $2000psf for its units even the lowest floor units.

TAN KU KU.......:banghead:

cbsh38584
21-10-12, 23:26

With the latest CM, property price will not move up much in the next few yrs.
Those already bought the property for investment will have to come out 30k to 40k/yr on their property tax , maintenance fee & mortgage loan. If they are unable rent out, their cash reserve in the bank will slowly deplete in the next 5 yrs. ($150k to $200k) Only on the 5th fifth , U better pray that you are able to sell at breakeven price if U cant hold.

The rich people have already started to move bond for the past 6 mths. The recent new issued bond are 5 to 20 times oversubscribe. If U want to hedge against inflation, Good Bond can be a alternative provide U leverage up.

rdgs,
Vic

Kenshinto80
22-10-12, 02:55
With the latest CM, property price will not move up much in the next few yrs.
Those already bought the property for investment will have to come out 30k to 40k/yr on their property tax , maintenance fee & mortgage loan. If they are unable rent out, their cash reserve in the bank will slowly deplete in the next 5 yrs. ($150k to $200k) Only on the 5th fifth , U better pray that you are able to sell at breakeven price if U cant hold.

The rich people have already started to move bond for the past 6 mths. The recent new issued bond are 5 to 20 times oversubscribe. If U want to hedge against inflation, Good Bond can be a alternative provide U leverage up.

rdgs,
Vic

Just want to point out that 30k to 40k is easily sustainable. There are people who generate passive income of that amount with their bonds and high dividend yield stocks.

DC33_2008
22-10-12, 13:31
Poor chap. The unit mentioned by Shawn has lost money after holding for 4 years. Taken from www.squarefoot.com.sg (http://www.squarefoot.com.sg). Bought in 2008 at $1701 and sold at $1717psf recently.

2012-09-06

#15-XX

2008-06-10

fiat500
22-10-12, 18:19
That's y this shawn chap is untrustworthy...
Some fly by nite agent who will only tell u things u wana hear. :tsk-tsk:

Laguna
22-10-12, 18:35
That's y this shawn chap is untrustworthy...
Some fly by nite agent who will only tell u things u wana hear. :tsk-tsk:

just wonder why he has such a strong vested interest in this project.
There is nothing great...all small small, balcony big big

fiat500
22-10-12, 18:44
just wonder why he has such a strong vested interest in this project.
There is nothing great...all small small, balcony big big
maybe he bought a unit there himself....
the aristo might look nice from the outside,but the interior really cannot make it..:doh:

Shawn
22-10-12, 23:49
Hahaha this is funny. U just taking the average launch price in 2008 which is the peak of the property market and then make an assumption that the owner lost money. 90% of owners here bought Aristo at less than $1000psf, and they are making money out of it. Just like any other owners of other condos.

Its just that probably Aristo owners will make more $$ than owners of suburban condos thats for sure.

Please stop yr bullshitting.

Poor chap. The unit mentioned by Shawn has lost money after holding for 4 years. Taken from www.squarefoot.com.sg (http://www.squarefoot.com.sg). Bought in 2008 at $1701 and sold at $1717psf recently.

2012-09-06

#15-XX

2008-06-10

Shawn
22-10-12, 23:58
maybe he bought a unit there himself....
the aristo might look nice from the outside,but the interior really cannot make it..:doh:
Hahaha talking like as if u been inside the units. I had been inside and I know you are lying. If developer gives Italian fine white marble, solid wood flooring for the rooms with granite cornice near the bathroom, and a nicely done up kitchen, do u call that bad interior ???

U should go and see those suburban condos developer just give plain cheap ceramic flooring with an ugly kitchen cabinet color and flooring in the rooms. One good example is 99-years Double Bay Residences near Simei. So cheap skate suburban condo for suburban HDB upgraders.

Btw I dont have units here but I am marketing several units at Aristo. I am merely stating my honest opinion. Facts speak for themselves.

Its a fact that Aristo is a nice development and strategically located near the beach, ameneties, shopping, schools etc..and the future mrt is around the corner. And its freehold...I repeat 'FREEHOLD'. How often you get to buy a freehold property.

Too many sourgrapes here. Glad to know that lots of people have interest in this project judging by the overwhelming response from my feedback hahahahaha.

DC33_2008
23-10-12, 10:37
It is transparent and factual as it is taken from the site which tracks the unit. You can also get it from SISV database too. :doh:
Hahaha this is funny. U just taking the average launch price in 2008 which is the peak of the property market and then make an assumption that the owner lost money. 90% of owners here bought Aristo at less than $1000psf, and they are making money out of it. Just like any other owners of other condos.

Its just that probably Aristo owners will make more $$ than owners of suburban condos thats for sure.

Please stop yr bullshitting.

sonnet78123
01-11-12, 01:27
any body knows the maintenance fee at the aristo for a two bedder unit?

fiat500
12-11-12, 10:42
any body knows the maintenance fee at the aristo for a two bedder unit?
Can't recall but it won't be cheap cos only 56 units to share the cost.

Daniel33
20-11-12, 12:19
just like to share that i have purchased LED lightings from www.ledazzled.com.
Its much cheaper than the shops in balestier etc etc... so if you like to their contacts, pls let me know.

eng81157
24-01-13, 07:58
wah.....latest transaction 614sqft unit sold at only $1002psf!!!! wonder who's the lucky guy?

and wonder why the ardent proponent has gone silent.......

thomastansb
24-01-13, 09:02
Got meh? Cannot see

wah.....latest transaction 614sqft unit sold at only $1002psf!!!! wonder who's the lucky guy?

and wonder why the ardent proponent has gone silent.......

eng81157
24-01-13, 09:19
Got meh? Cannot see

go pick up a copy of Business Times

thomastansb
24-01-13, 09:49
I think old caveat. URA is more accurate.

go pick up a copy of Business Times

eng81157
24-01-13, 09:53
I think old caveat. URA is more accurate.

nope, it's a new transaction. URA is only updated monthly. we will see.

mcmlxxvi
06-03-13, 09:16
Wow. Have never seen such a complicated project before...

Good thing is it should TOP within next month or two.

Plan Reference No: A1694-00045-2006-BP01
Project Title: PROPOSED ERECTION OF 1 BLOCK OF 18-STOREY RESIDENTIAL FLATS (TOTAL 54 UNITS) WITH A BLOCK OF EXISTING CONSERVATION HOUSE (TOTAL 2 UNITS) AND BASEMENT MECHANICAL CAR PARKS, SWIMMING POOL AND COMMUNAL FACILITIES ON LOT 99777A MK 25 AT NO.23 AMBER ROAD
Application Type: BCA-CSC-APPLN FOR SITE INSPECTION
Current Status: DATE CONFIRMED
Current Status Date / Time: 27/02/2013 14:48:12
Registration Date / Time: 22/02/2013 16:10:39
Processing Officer: SINN KIT SENG
Telephone No.: 63258668
Email Address: [email protected]

hopeful
06-03-13, 09:34
Wow. Have never seen such a complicated project before...

is that why construction took such a long time?

zeamybro
31-03-13, 21:14
Heard this project is not going to TOP anytime soon .... Can't wait to visit it

fiat500
01-04-13, 02:17
Heard this project is not going to TOP anytime soon .... Can't wait to visit it

Pity those who bought it..
I believed this project takes the longest time ever to construct just for a lone single tower of 56 units only. :doh:

eng81157
01-04-13, 10:43
awww......where is the ardent supporter-cum-agent, Shawn, now when Aristo needs him?

thomastansb
01-04-13, 11:04
I hope this project has gone back to its launch price of 1.6 to 1.7k.

eng81157
01-04-13, 11:09
still languishing around the region of 1400+psf

Shawn
22-04-13, 16:32
Pity those who bought it..
I believed this project takes the longest time ever to construct just for a lone single tower of 56 units only. :doh:

Fiat500 seems to be overly interested in this project that he has been monitoring the project closely. Even myself has no time to check on this.So despite his criticism of this project, one can see how interested he is in this project.

This project is well done as far as the eyes can see and as far as the internal furnishings are concerned. I just went up to have a look. Its probably one of the nicest project in district 15. The 14th floor clubhouse is much nicer than the one at Parc Seabreeze. The conservation house is 85% completed as the developer will get the ID done on the internal part of the house to make it look hotel-like with a lounge area once after TOP issued. Lightings will be changed into better quality LED yellow lights.

It will TOP sometime in June/July the earliest. Now is basically getting BCA approval. As to whether it will breach $1400psf, it has already... In fact it has already breached $1700psf, and several of the units were transacted at $1500-1600psf already. Two of my Aristo owners (clients) rejected my buyers' several offers of $1630-1660psf for their high floor units. It is common sense that all those lower psf are for the lower floors (1-5th floor). Dont expect the high floor units to sell at below $1650psf. Cause its definite that $1600psf is easily attainable for The Aristo.

By the way, Sonangol Land will be launching soon Amber Skyepark at the old Amber Towers site sometime 3rd quarter of this year. Dont expect anything below $2000psf for their units. It will definitely be priced at a premium, probably even higher than the ones at The Cape. And the seaview is not better than that of the Aristo for your info ! So be prepared to see price escalation soon.

Already The Cape are transacting at $2100-2300psf for the high floor units. The Aristo should breach $2000psf within 6 months after its TOP.

Attached are several photos taken from a mid floor (above 10th floor) stack 3 (646 sq.ft) unit at The Aristo. Stack 2 has better seaviews and bigger layout.

So Fiat500 you can continue to badmouthing The Aristo cause facts speak for itself. At such a good location, good architectural design, quality furnishings, freehold status, good seaview, antiquated conservation house, and good future transportability - it can never go wrong. The only thing wrong is your maggots-full brain.

eng81157
22-04-13, 16:49
u should do a better job with your figures

with data taken from URA dating from Jul 11 to current,

Median PSF = $1467, Average PSF = $1460

Taking data from all transactions in 2012,

Median PSF = $1483, Average PSF = $1492

The annulized increase is about the same as CPF interest rate

thomastansb
22-04-13, 17:03
The view looks ok but the photo is cropped. So can't tell if it is a pocket seaview or a panoramic one.

The bathroom sucks. It is so small and surrounded by bay windows? What kind of design is that? And the water will be stucked there after bathing I assume.

Lastly, to correct you about Cape vs Aristo. MBR studio is selling at 1.8M doesn't mean Sail studio will sell at 1.8M. The quality, design, layout all play a part. If not, why do you think MarQ is selling > 6k psf for so long but surrounding projects still haven't even hit 4k psf? Some only 2k psf. OR only 3 to 4k psf even though it is just above MRT.

Fiat500 seems to be overly interested in this project that he has been monitoring the project closely. Even myself has no time to check on this.So despite his criticism of this project, one can see how interested he is in this project.

This project is well done as far as the eyes can see and as far as the internal furnishings are concerned. I just went up to have a look. Its probably one of the nicest project in district 15. The 14th floor clubhouse is much nicer than the one at Parc Seabreeze. The conservation house is 85% completed as the developer will get the ID done on the internal part of the house to make it look hotel-like with a lounge area once after TOP issued. Lightings will be changed into better quality LED yellow lights.

It will TOP sometime in June/July the earliest. Now is basically getting BCA approval. As to whether it will breach $1400psf, it has already... In fact it has already breached $1700psf, and several of the units were transacted at $1500-1600psf already. Two of my Aristo owners (clients) rejected my buyers' several offers of $1630-1660psf for their high floor units. It is common sense that all those lower psf are for the lower floors (1-5th floor). Dont expect the high floor units to sell at below $1650psf. Cause its definite that $1600psf is easily attainable for The Aristo.

By the way, Sonangol Land will be launching soon Amber Skyepark at the old Amber Towers site sometime 3rd quarter of this year. Dont expect anything below $2000psf for their units. It will definitely be priced at a premium, probably even higher than the ones at The Cape. And the seaview is not better than that of the Aristo for your info ! So be prepared to see price escalation soon.

Already The Cape are transacting at $2100-2300psf for the high floor units. The Aristo should breach $2000psf within 6 months after its TOP.

Attached are several photos taken from a mid floor (above 10th floor) stack 3 (646 sq.ft) unit at The Aristo. Stack 2 has better seaviews and bigger layout.

So Fiat500 you can continue to badmouthing The Aristo cause facts speak for itself. At such a good location, good architectural design, quality furnishings, freehold status, good seaview, antiquated conservation house, and good future transportability - it can never go wrong. The only thing wrong is your maggots-full brain.

Shawn
22-04-13, 22:07
The view looks ok but the photo is cropped. So can't tell if it is a pocket seaview or a panoramic one.

The bathroom sucks. It is so small and surrounded by bay windows? What kind of design is that? And the water will be stucked there after bathing I assume.

Lastly, to correct you about Cape vs Aristo. MBR studio is selling at 1.8M doesn't mean Sail studio will sell at 1.8M. The quality, design, layout all play a part. If not, why do you think MarQ is selling > 6k psf for so long but surrounding projects still haven't even hit 4k psf? Some only 2k psf. OR only 3 to 4k psf even though it is just above MRT.

Thomastansb or Fiat500 both may be the same person hahaha.

As i told u Aristo has already breached $1700psf and there are several units transacted at $1500-1600 psf already. So what the crap are u talking about ?? Just like Aalto or Silversea, the low floor units are always priced lower psf compared to higher floors. And bearing in mind Aristo not TOP yet, price psf is often lower and once TOP, there will be a15-30% appreciation in price. This is a general trend witnessed in almost all condos in Singapore.

So if u think I am talking crap, its up to u. Just wait and see. Perhaps a guy like u should just restrict yourself to buying condos in suburban district 15 like Siglap V or Optima even then they are not that cheap either already cross $1400psf after TOP. And you should visit their units and see how their furnishing like. For your info, The Sail furnishing is not that fantastic and I can bet The Aristo furnishing is much better.

You havent even see the actual bathroom what makes you feel its small. I was there and I dont think its small. The seaview is definitely better than The Cape or the upcoming Amber Skyepark which both selling above $2000psf. What u see is what u get. As to whether its cropped or not, it doesnt matter cause that is the actual view that u get. Dont expect for a 360 degree seaview anywhere in Singapore even Aalto best unit also has a city and building view from the side.

Somehow I dont understand your bitterness with The Aristo. You must have a certain agenda for this. Its either u miss the boat or you are hoping people will sell to you cheap cheap. Get alive !

thomastansb
22-04-13, 23:10
So the bathroom is fine? According to your view. 50% taken up by bay windows and at least 25% is unusable according to your photo.

As i told u Aristo has already breached $1700psf and there are several units transacted at $1500-1600 psf already. So what the crap are u talking about ?? Just like Aalto or Silversea, the low floor units are always priced lower psf compared to higher floors. And bearing in mind Aristo not TOP yet, price psf is often lower and once TOP, there will be a15-30% appreciation in price. This is a general trend witnessed in almost all condos in Singapore.

So if u think I am talking crap, its up to u. Just wait and see. Perhaps a guy like u should just restrict yourself to buying condos in suburban district 15 like Siglap V or Optima even then they are not that cheap either already cross $1400psf after TOP. And you should visit their units and see how their furnishing like. For your info, The Sail furnishing is not that fantastic and I can bet The Aristo furnishing is much better.

You havent even see the actual bathroom what makes you feel its small. I was there and I dont think its small. The seaview is definitely better than The Cape or the upcoming Amber Skyepark which both selling above $2000psf. What u see is what u get. As to whether its cropped or not, it doesnt matter cause that is the actual view that u get. Dont expect for a 360 degree seaview anywhere in Singapore even Aalto best unit also has a city and building view from the side.

Somehow I dont understand your bitterness with The Aristo. You must have a certain agenda for this. Its either u miss the boat or you are hoping people will sell to you cheap cheap. Get alive !

marktkt22
23-04-13, 07:23
Bathroom for dwarf,midget and hobbit?
ha ha ha

eng81157
23-04-13, 08:30

you have not addressed this:

thomastansb
23-04-13, 11:30
Some people like to take 1 transaction and shout 1.7k psf !!!! But most are transacting around 1.4k nia. And don't forget the launch price of 1.6k to 1.7k psf.

Honestly speaking, the location is not bad, the view should have pocket seaview from certain stacks but the layout is :doh:. I bet he don't dare to reply on the bathroom bay windows.

As for the cape, you get pure quality. This is also why Sail and MBR, both along the same road, 3 mins walk apart, similar views, similar floors, are transacting at very different pricing. If want to compare like this, Cote D'Azure would be transacting at 1.9k psf liao. Silversea effect mah. Agent don't know all these? :banghead:

you have not addressed this:

Rosy
23-04-13, 12:18
if we take away all the baywindows and planter boxes, it could be well above 1700psf now.

this could be one of the few projects that may not see any capital gains upon TOP when potential buyers are able to see the bad layout clearly.

Shawn
24-04-13, 13:47
Some people like to take 1 transaction and shout 1.7k psf !!!! But most are transacting around 1.4k nia. And don't forget the launch price of 1.6k to 1.7k psf.

Honestly speaking, the location is not bad, the view should have pocket seaview from certain stacks but the layout is :doh:. I bet he don't dare to reply on the bathroom bay windows.

As for the cape, you get pure quality. This is also why Sail and MBR, both along the same road, 3 mins walk apart, similar views, similar floors, are transacting at very different pricing. If want to compare like this, Cote D'Azure would be transacting at 1.9k psf liao. Silversea effect mah. Agent don't know all these? :banghead:

Haha try to convince that to yourself and not to a seasoned agent like me or any other investors. And its funny, I can receive lots of reply within the same day..amazing the same person posting negative messages with a different nick. Its so obvious hahaha.

Most important when purchasing a condo is Location, Location, Location. The Sail and MBR are 2 different projects that are separated by 6 years or more apart. MBR is a new project. You are comparing apple (MBR) with a rotten apple (The Sail). As for The Aristo, it is fair to compare it with new surrounding projects like The Cape, 16 @ Amber or the upcoming Amber Skyepark. It is understood that newer projects will fetch a higher psf as compared to older projects. The difference can be up to 30-40% in price.

And bear in mind, Aristo is just exactly beside The Cape and the fact that its sea facing is much much better than The Cape is a reality. The Cape has limited seaview and the fact it is located immediately near a busy roundabout road (traffic noise). You can see with your own eyes. You are saying that The Aristo transacted at $1480psf and above but these are for the lower floor units (1-6th floor). On average mid floor units at the Aristo already transacted close to $1600psf before TOP. The high floor units (above 10th floor) are expected to transact above $1700psf. If you can find a seller willing to sell you a high floor below $1500psf then you are very lucky then..All the luck to you. But from my experience as an agentt, I already receive 2 offers with cheques above $1600psf for a mid floor unit and the Aristo owner reject them outrightly. The fact is nobody is willing to sell at $1400psf nowadays even for the less desirable mid-range condos located near Siglap or East Coast, much less a freehold premium location in Amber/Meyer areas.

You said pocketed seaview but the view is definitely much better than a premium seafacing units at The Amber, Esta, Amber Residences or those further down the road. Or even better than The Cape or the upcoming Amber Skyepark. So see it for yourself when its TOP. I can bet you will be one of those so called buyers who kepo kepo come to have a look but have no $$ to pay. If I am the agent entertaining you I will tell u to get lost. Cause these type of people are just wasting time - they make fruitless comments. They already know surrounding areas are fetching a high psf and even D15 outskirts are calling a price above $1300psf, and yet they are hoping for a cheap bargain. It will never happen my friend.

So wake up ! Why dont you just consider buying Fulcrum, 8M Residences or The Line at Tanjong Rhu ? Go and check out how much they are asking in terms of psf and are they better location than The Aristo ?? As far as I am concern I am making a fair judgment that The Aristo even selling at $1700psf is a bargain for the location, architecture and seaview facing. You wont see long before the price jack up to $2000psf after TOP.

eng81157
24-04-13, 13:58
Haha try to convince that to yourself and not to a seasoned agent like me or any other investors. And its funny, I can receive lots of reply within the same day..amazing the same person posting negative messages with a different nick. Its so obvious hahaha.

Most important when purchasing a condo is Location, Location, Location. The Sail and MBR are 2 different projects that are separated by 6 years or more apart. MBR is a new project. You are comparing apple (MBR) with a rotten apple (The Sail). As for The Aristo, it is fair to compare it with new surrounding projects like The Cape, 16 @ Amber or the upcoming Amber Skyepark. It is understood that newer projects will fetch a higher psf as compared to older projects. The difference can be up to 30-40% in price.

And bear in mind, Aristo is just exactly beside The Cape and the fact that its sea facing is much much better than The Cape is a reality. The Cape has limited seaview and the fact it is located immediately near a busy roundabout road (traffic noise). You can see with your own eyes. You are saying that The Aristo transacted at $1480psf and above but these are for the lower floor units (1-6th floor). On average mid floor units at the Aristo already transacted close to $1600psf before TOP. The high floor units (above 10th floor) are expected to transact above $1700psf. If you can find a seller willing to sell you a high floor below $1500psf then you are very lucky then..All the luck to you. But from my experience as an agentt, I already receive 2 offers with cheques above $1600psf for a mid floor unit and the Aristo owner reject them outrightly. The fact is nobody is willing to sell at $1400psf nowadays even for the less desirable mid-range condos located near Siglap or East Coast, much less a freehold premium location in Amber/Meyer areas.

You said pocketed seaview but the view is definitely much better than a premium seafacing units at The Amber, Esta, Amber Residences or those further down the road. Or even better than The Cape or the upcoming Amber Skyepark. So see it for yourself when its TOP. I can bet you will be one of those so called buyers who kepo kepo come to have a look but have no $$ to pay. If I am the agent entertaining you I will tell u to get lost. Cause these type of people are just wasting time - they make fruitless comments. They already know surrounding areas are fetching a high psf and even D15 outskirts are calling a price above $1300psf, and yet they are hoping for a cheap bargain. It will never happen my friend.

So wake up ! Why dont you just consider buying Fulcrum, 8M Residences or The Line at Tanjong Rhu ? Go and check out how much they are asking in terms of psf and are they better location than The Aristo ?? As far as I am concern I am making a fair judgment that The Aristo even selling at $1700psf is a bargain for the location, architecture and seaview facing. You wont see long before the price jack up to $2000psf after TOP.

you have yet to address this:

Shawn
24-04-13, 13:58
if we take away all the baywindows and planter boxes, it could be well above 1700psf now.

this could be one of the few projects that may not see any capital gains upon TOP when potential buyers are able to see the bad layout clearly.

By the way Rosy or whatever name it is, this is not the only project with baywindows and balcony or planter boxes. Most or all of the new or even older projects come with that, and some even have kitchen yard and a bomb shelter, and a huge aircon ledge that come with it. Bear in mind, Aristo units all dont have a bomb shelter cause the bomb shelter is incorporated with the staircase. Aristo units also have a very small aircon ledge or none at all, and they dont have any kitchen yard.

Go and study other new condos and see how big their aircon ledge can be while Aristo has a very tiny or none at all cause aircon ledge is not included in the measurement of unit size for some.

So its argumentative. As for my case, I would prefer to have a bigger balcony than a useless aircon ledge. I rather not have a kitchen yard and would prefer a bigger balcony since there is a good seaview.

If you dont like a baywindow, you can consider buying a no-frills HDB. Most condos in Singapore come with baywindows, and it may come as functional if you know how to design your unit.

thomastansb
24-04-13, 14:23
Those GLS after 2010 has no bay windows. Like Waterbank, Urban Vista etc. I agree it is not the only project with BW or planter BUT you don't want your house to have 40% of the GFA to be bay windows, planter or balcony right? Usually, it is limited to 10 - 20%. The unit already so small (less than 700 sqft) and 300 sq ft is BW + Balcony + Planter :doh:

BW you can put a TV. But for this project, the BW can put many many TVs :tongue3:. And a few balcony tables and chairs. Sorry, forgot you have no space to walk in the bedroom. Hahahahaha

So what is your view on the "bigger than standing area" bay windows in your photo of the bathroom? And 50% of the bay windows is useless because it is at the back. You can't put things there because you can't reach it conveniently. And planter + balcony that is bigger than living room. You think the home owner will spend more time inside the house or outside the house? :banghead:

By the way Rosy or whatever name it is, this is not the only project with baywindows and balcony or planter boxes. Most or all of the new or even older projects come with that, and some even have kitchen yard and a bomb shelter, and a huge aircon ledge that come with it. Bear in mind, Aristo units all dont have a bomb shelter cause the bomb shelter is incorporated with the staircase. Aristo units also have a very small aircon ledge or none at all, and they dont have any kitchen yard.

Go and study other new condos and see how big their aircon ledge can be while Aristo has a very tiny or none at all cause aircon ledge is not included in the measurement of unit size for some.

So its argumentative. As for my case, I would prefer to have a bigger balcony than a useless aircon ledge. I rather not have a kitchen yard and would prefer a bigger balcony since there is a good seaview.

If you dont like a baywindow, you can consider buying a no-frills HDB. Most condos in Singapore come with baywindows, and it may come as functional if you know how to design your unit.

Shawn
24-04-13, 14:26
I went up a few weeks ago...what an amazing clubhouse meticulously designed with full glass and planters all around it. And the pool with such a good seaview and a full 5 metre glass (floor to ceiling) height gym. First of its kind at D15 (minus of the one at Parc Seabreeze cause the seaview is so far away).

Shawn
24-04-13, 14:41
Those GLS after 2010 has no bay windows. Like Waterbank, Urban Vista etc. I agree it is not the only project with BW or planter BUT you don't want your house to have 40% of the GFA to be bay windows, planter or balcony right? Usually, it is limited to 10 - 20%. The unit already so small (less than 700 sqft) and 300 sq ft is BW + Balcony + Planter :doh:

BW you can put a TV. But for this project, the BW can put many many TVs :tongue3:. And a few balcony tables and chairs. Sorry, forgot you have no space to walk in the bedroom. Hahahahaha

So what is your view on the "bigger than standing area" bay windows in your photo of the bathroom? And 50% of the bay windows is useless because it is at the back. You can't put things there because you can't reach it conveniently. And planter + balcony that is bigger than living room. You think the home owner will spend more time inside the house or outside the house? :banghead:

Well I already mentioned to you that some condos have very big aircon ledge. Which one you prefer ? A bigger balcony or a small balcony with a large aircon ledge ? I went up to see each and every unit. You are right the units are small but these are small developments with micro space with most units ranging from 614 sq.ft to 808 sq.ft in sizes.

This is the trend now in almost all new condos coming up like 8M Residences, The Cape, 16 @ Amber, Fulcrum, The Line etc. If you want bigger units, go for very old condos like Costa Rhu or Pebble Bay. Their 2 bedrooms can go all the way to 1300 sq.ft. Unfortunately, almost everyone has a budget nowadays. The bigger unit calls for a bigger price unless you dont mind buying old condos with old design.

Your complaints here are fruitless and senseless...you are complaining for something which is the trend now. Go and see the new condos all around you mostly are getting smaller and smaller while the psf is getting higher and higher.

People buy for the great location. Size is subjective. Many dont mind buying smaller units if they can end up paying lesser to fix into their limited budget. For eg. a 646 sq.ft unit at The Aristo even when selling at $2000psf is less than $1.3 million for a compact 2 bedroom unit. This is very very cheap for a freehold location at a prime district 15. You cannot get a 2 bedroom freehold for less than $1.3 million in that location. One good example is a 2 bedroom at Amber Residences are already transacting close to $2 million already while the one at One Amber already above $1.6 million. So who cares about the smaller sizes? If they can fit in a queen size bed in the masterbedroom and a small single bed or a study table in the 2nd room, that solves their space issue altogether.

So you can wait. Aristo will cross $2000psf in a matter of time. At that price, it is still a bargain for the location.

Shawn
24-04-13, 15:50

Haha it is as good as saying if we take out your panties, undergarments and bra, you will be as good as naked, isnt it ?? The same thing applies for condos. If you take out the balcony, baywindows and planterboxes, they are as good as a no-frills HDB.

Senseless people deserve senseless answers.

thomastansb
24-04-13, 17:15
D15 is not prime fyi. It is considered as RCR.

Secondly, the choice is not between big balcony/planter/BW vs big aircon ledge. So don't make it sound like buyers only have 2 choices. Both I also won't want to stay in but there are many other better designed condos.

You have been saying 2k psf for some time already. Now average still 1.4k psf. Nothing has changed.

Well I already mentioned to you that some condos have very big aircon ledge. Which one you prefer ? A bigger balcony or a small balcony with a large aircon ledge ? I went up to see each and every unit. You are right the units are small but these are small developments with micro space with most units ranging from 614 sq.ft to 808 sq.ft in sizes.

This is the trend now in almost all new condos coming up like 8M Residences, The Cape, 16 @ Amber, Fulcrum, The Line etc. If you want bigger units, go for very old condos like Costa Rhu or Pebble Bay. Their 2 bedrooms can go all the way to 1300 sq.ft. Unfortunately, almost everyone has a budget nowadays. The bigger unit calls for a bigger price unless you dont mind buying old condos with old design.

Your complaints here are fruitless and senseless...you are complaining for something which is the trend now. Go and see the new condos all around you mostly are getting smaller and smaller while the psf is getting higher and higher.

People buy for the great location. Size is subjective. Many dont mind buying smaller units if they can end up paying lesser to fix into their limited budget. For eg. a 646 sq.ft unit at The Aristo even when selling at $2000psf is less than $1.3 million for a compact 2 bedroom unit. This is very very cheap for a freehold location at a prime district 15. You cannot get a 2 bedroom freehold for less than $1.3 million in that location. One good example is a 2 bedroom at Amber Residences are already transacting close to $2 million already while the one at One Amber already above $1.6 million. So who cares about the smaller sizes? If they can fit in a queen size bed in the masterbedroom and a small single bed or a study table in the 2nd room, that solves their space issue altogether.

So you can wait. Aristo will cross $2000psf in a matter of time. At that price, it is still a bargain for the location.

Rosy
24-04-13, 18:26
Haha it is as good as saying if we take out your panties, undergarments and bra, you will be as good as naked, isnt it ?? The same thing applies for condos. If you take out the balcony, baywindows and planterboxes, they are as good as a no-frills HDB.

Give other agents a very bad name.

minority
24-04-13, 22:29

ur bra n panties example made me laugh! :D :D :D :D

Shawn
25-04-13, 13:38

Secondly, the choice is not between big balcony/planter/BW vs big aircon ledge. So don't make it sound like buyers only have 2 choices. Both I also won't want to stay in but there are many other better designed condos.

You have been saying 2k psf for some time already. Now average still 1.4k psf. Nothing has changed.

Since there are many other better designed condos, why are u so busybody here at The Aristo forum ?? Only people who are interested in The Aristo is here in the forum to check on messages. You are such a dumb fella.

Your $1.4k is not representative of The Aristo cause some of the transactions listed on URA are for 4 years back (delayed caveat). if you go into URA, from Sep to Dec 2012 most of the transactions are from $1500-1599 psf. The low floor units (the 2nd floor ones) are not representative of the whole of Aristo. Dont try to deceive yourself much less other people. More than 50% of the transactions in this period is for those 4th floor and below.

The fact is they are not many sellers for Aristo. Most of the high floor unit owners are holding on till TOP to sell despite receiving very good offers above $1600psf.

So you are discriminately using low floor transactions to average out the rest of the floor areas.

Be wise. U are such a sore loser. I hope you will be in this forum again 6 months from now k. Cause I wanna give u a good laugh.

Shawn
25-04-13, 13:47

Haha sounds like a sore loser. If Meyer and Amber road are not considered prime in D15, then what ? Bedok or East Coast road are is it? Most of the new developments around Amber, Meyer and Tanjong Rhu are already crossing the $2300psf figure fyi. This is almost the same psf as a new D10/River Valley condo launch price.

Freehold seafacing district at Meyer/Amber districts are considered prime district distinct from other D15 addresses. This is common knowledge for any agents working in Singapore.

Ok rest my case...seems like Thomastan, Fiat500, Rosy etc are the same person. Obviously he trying damn hard to get a unit at The Aristo at a low price. Can continue dream on...your cheap pockets can go somewhere else at suburban district like Pasir Ris or Sengkang ok?

eng81157
25-04-13, 13:50
[quote=Shawn]
Your $1.4k is not representative of The Aristo cause some of the transactions listed on URA are for 4 years back (delayed caveat). if you go into URA, from Sep to Dec 2012 most of the transactions are from $1500-1599 psf. The low floor units (the 2nd floor ones) are not representative of the whole of Aristo. Dont try to deceive yourself much less other people. More than 50% of the transactions in this period is for those 4th floor and below.
[quote]

seriously if you want to add credibility to your statement, check your sums first......

Using your time period,

Ave PSF = $1497
Median PSF = $1486

a word of advice, don't cherry pick your stats or else, any analysis becomes invalid and skewed

Shawn
30-04-13, 14:01
[quote=Shawn]
[quote]

seriously if you want to add credibility to your statement, check your sums first......

Using your time period,

Ave PSF = $1497
Median PSF = $1486

a word of advice, don't cherry pick your stats or else, any analysis becomes invalid and skewed

Hehe everyone who does maths know that the average psf will be affected by 1 or 2 transactions which are very low, You should use the lowest psf and the highest psf. The lowest is $1300+ for the lowest floor (2nd floor facing the conservation house) and the highest is $1717 psf (high floor above 15th).

eng81157
30-04-13, 14:11
[quote=eng81157][quote=Shawn]

Hehe everyone who does maths know that the average psf will be affected by 1 or 2 transactions which are very low, You should use the lowest psf and the highest psf. The lowest is $1300+ for the lowest floor (2nd floor facing the conservation house) and the highest is $1717 psf (high floor above 15th).

wah piang, I am using data from your stated period :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
i've given you median and average, i've given you info over a year.

please, don't ever cherry pick your stats to prove a point. it just makes you look stupid.

Shawn
30-04-13, 16:49
[quote=Shawn][quote=eng81157]

wah piang, I am using data from your stated period :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
i've given you median and average, i've given you info over a year.

please, don't ever cherry pick your stats to prove a point. it just makes you look stupid.

My goodness u are here on The Aristo forum 24 hours a day. What an amazingly fast reply. Glad to know that there are people who are so keen on The Aristo.

eng81157
02-05-13, 08:21
[quote=eng81157][quote=Shawn]

My goodness u are here on The Aristo forum 24 hours a day. What an amazingly fast reply. Glad to know that there are people who are so keen on The Aristo.

i'm more interested how you are going to get out of this stats hole you dug for yourself.

thomastansb
02-05-13, 12:32
1.4k psf is considered as prime? Or take your 1500 to 1599 psf. This kind of psf you call prime? The mid-town at hougang studio is starting from 1500 to 1750 psf. So that one is prime or not prime? Punggol also hit above 1.6k psf.

Since Hougang and Punggol (both 3 to 4 years to TOP) selling above Aristo (near TOP), do you think they are super super duper prime? Near TOP should command a higher price also. What do you think?

As I said, the location is good. I have no doubt about the location. Meyer road is good, parkway area is good. But D15 is still RCR and you can't change this. I am just against the layout which is :doh:.

Haha sounds like a sore loser. If Meyer and Amber road are not considered prime in D15, then what ? Bedok or East Coast road are is it? Most of the new developments around Amber, Meyer and Tanjong Rhu are already crossing the $2300psf figure fyi. This is almost the same psf as a new D10/River Valley condo launch price.

Freehold seafacing district at Meyer/Amber districts are considered prime district distinct from other D15 addresses. This is common knowledge for any agents working in Singapore.

Ok rest my case...seems like Thomastan, Fiat500, Rosy etc are the same person. Obviously he trying damn hard to get a unit at The Aristo at a low price. Can continue dream on...your cheap pockets can go somewhere else at suburban district like Pasir Ris or Sengkang ok?

Squall8888
02-05-13, 23:27
I was considering between Aristo and Silversea during that time. Aristo is about 1.05M and Silversea is 1.2M. Both with not much view I would say unless you go for very high floor. Went for SS instead because of Aristo's high psf and bad layout. Also, SS is nearer to PP. My frank view is Aristo layout is really bad. Most of the space are wasted on planters, baywindows and balcony. Location is ok but probably need a car for that area.

Shawn
09-05-13, 12:49
I was considering between Aristo and Silversea during that time. Aristo is about 1.05M and Silversea is 1.2M. Both with not much view I would say unless you go for very high floor. Went for SS instead because of Aristo's high psf and bad layout. Also, SS is nearer to PP. My frank view is Aristo layout is really bad. Most of the space are wasted on planters, baywindows and balcony. Location is ok but probably need a car for that area.

Hahaha thanks for your feedback. I will take that into account when marketing Aristo. I can bet the $1.2 million Silversea unit is a ground floor 2 bedroom unit facing the garbage collection centre. As far as I know, Silversea 2 bedroom is around $1.6-2 million. I wonder how u get it for $1.2 million.

Hahaha what a joke. Your comments seems to come from a sourgrape guy ..was it Fiat, Thomastan, rose etc etc all come from the same guy.

thomastansb
09-05-13, 13:48
Same person or not, a picture tells a thousand words. No need divert attention with lies.

Judge it for yourself. See the master bedroom, can still walk after you put the bed? Hahaha. :tongue3:. See the planter and balcony, same size as master bedroom + living room + dining room.

This is the hard truth with picture. Not some imaginary 1.7k psf offer. You might as well say people offer 8k psf but owner rejected :sleep:

Project Name-THE ARISTO @ AMBER
Developer-AG Capital Pte Ltd
Property Type-Apartment
Tenure - Freehold
Total Units - 56
Completion Date - Uncompleted
District - 15

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2582/Images/floor_typeA.jpg

all from:

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/thearisto@amber

:)

evolutionx
09-05-13, 14:13
Same person or not, a picture tells a thousand words. No need divert attention with lies.

Judge it for yourself. See the master bedroom, can still walk after you put the bed? Hahaha. :tongue3:. See the planter and balcony, same size as master bedroom + living room + dining room.

This is the hard truth with picture. Not some imaginary 1.7k psf offer. You might as well say people offer 8k psf but owner rejected :sleep:

you weren't kidding ... thats a pretty useless layout ... if the usable area is only about 400-500sqft .. not sure how this is exactly livable ...

also, not sure how the toilet is considered "master bath" if its a common toilet for both bedrooms .. a master bath would be one only for the master bedroom ...

thomastansb
09-05-13, 16:58
Exactly. Anyway, Shawn will say "we" are 1 person in disguise. Haha.

My point is simple. You want big balcony, sure. Your house must be big enough. This is a 711 sq ft 2 bedders and you are wasting 300 sq ft which leaves you with 400 sq ft of internal area :beats-me-man: Doesn't sound right to me. If you house is 1600 sq ft, then a 300 sq ft balcony make sense. Not with 2 rooms + 1 toilet + living room + kitchen squeezed into 400 sq ft and 300 sq ft of planters and balcony!

you weren't kidding ... thats a pretty useless layout ... if the usable area is only about 400-500sqft .. not sure how this is exactly livable ...

also, not sure how the toilet is considered "master bath" if its a common toilet for both bedrooms .. a master bath would be one only for the master bedroom ...

thomastansb
09-05-13, 17:01
Now already May 2013. Got keys already? Thought you say end of 2012 confirm TOP?

It will TOP before end of this year 100% guaranteed. The contractor told me they have a deadline for construction completion by end September, after which developer will come in and make the final finishing touch to the development. So my bet its TOP before end of this year.

The conservation house is a separate entity not joined with the main building. So a delay of 1-2 months in completion is perfectly fine. I ever collected keys for a condo which has TOP despite the carpark and the pool still not 100% completed. This does happen but the delay cannot be more than 2 months the most. Owners get key and do renovations. By the time they come in, everything is completed.

thomastansb
09-05-13, 17:14
That is sad. Just saw this and find it funny. Anyway, need about 1.9 to 2k psf to breakeven. So even hit 2k psf, don't be too happy because you just pay 300k 5 years ago and get back 300k today. Put in CPF also earn more :banghead:.

But the owner would have made MORE money if the owner bought somewhere else. I remember Clift was 1 to 1.1M only in mid 2008 and now it is 1.2 to 1.3M. Not forgetting, the owner would have collected 2 years of rental at $8 to $9 psf which is A LOT !! ;)

2012-09-06

#15-XX

2008-06-10

thomastansb
09-05-13, 17:20
Yeah, the pool looks great. I can swim one end to another end in 15 seconds :D. Thanks for telling us the pool is so small...

I went up a few weeks ago...what an amazing clubhouse meticulously designed with full glass and planters all around it. And the pool with such a good seaview and a full 5 metre glass (floor to ceiling) height gym. First of its kind at D15 (minus of the one at Parc Seabreeze cause the seaview is so far away).

evolutionx
09-05-13, 17:53
Exactly. Anyway, Shawn will say "we" are 1 person in disguise. Haha.

My point is simple. You want big balcony, sure. Your house must be big enough. This is a 711 sq ft 2 bedders and you are wasting 300 sq ft which leaves you with 400 sq ft of internal area :beats-me-man: Doesn't sound right to me. If you house is 1600 sq ft, then a 300 sq ft balcony make sense. Not with 2 rooms + 1 toilet + living room + kitchen squeezed into 400 sq ft and 300 sq ft of planters and balcony!

cannot la bro. i'm sure the forum admin can feel free to check both our ip addresses. i always prefer older projects since they dont have all this nonsensical bw/huge roof terrace/balcony etc. pity a lot of the older places are not too well maintained ><

but the entry point seems more suitable for first time buyers with a smaller budget i suppose (who are willing to pay a higher psf just to say they live in katong i assume?)

Laguna
09-05-13, 18:14
Yeah, the pool looks great. I can swim one end to another end in 15 seconds :D. Thanks for telling us the pool is so small...

Are you a very slow swimmer?

thomastansb
10-05-13, 10:11
That is a good one. Hahaha.

Ya, maybe a fast swimmer takes 5 seconds.

Are you a very slow swimmer?

Shawn
10-05-13, 10:21
That is a good one. Hahaha.

Ya, maybe a fast swimmer takes 5 seconds.

haha you really sound like a sourgrape. My advise u should spend more time in other forum if u dont wanna be labeled as one.

evolutionx
10-05-13, 11:00
haha you really sound like a sourgrape. My advise u should spend more time in other forum if u dont wanna be labeled as one.

cant agree with you there bro ... he makes a sound argument. doesn't seem like sour grapes to me at all ... (and again, if you're going to go back to that whole we are the same person argument, i strongly suggest you ask the admin to check our ip addresses, if anything, to simply quell that argument.)

he isnt wrong to say the layout is horrible ... its really not a practical layout. i'm in the property biz myself and i would not even consider that place for my own stay, let alone an investment. while the 3 most important rules of property are location, location, location, the next ruleset requires a decent layout ... cant really sleep in the balcony can you (unless one's wife kicks them out there la, then better make it as comfortable as possible :P)

extolling the values of a property doesn't necessarily make it a great buy :)

DKSG
10-05-13, 12:08

Thanks for the floorplan ..

This is one of the MOST ATROCIOIUS layout Office Boy has seen in many many years. And trust me, Office Boy has been to more than 500 showflats (but think missed this one!).

The developer is trying very hard to insult the buyer la!

Making the balcony and planter nearly the same size is not enough ...
They added Bay Windon in Living Room ?! Planter in BR2 ?! and Bay window in the one and only shared toilet ?!

The way to value this unit is to add all the (Bay Window + Planter)* $700 psf then add the other liveable area * $1,500 psf. Works out to be something like $1,200 ?

And you have to find someone willing to pay for so much Planter areas ...

Confirm a No-Buy!

I dont think pppl here are trying to talk down the price so that they can buy cheap. Coz I dont think ppl will really want to buy something like this.

Who is the developer ? Office Boy must make a mental note to be careful of this developer.

DKSG

evolutionx
10-05-13, 12:22

This is one of the MOST ATROCIOIUS layout Office Boy has seen in many many years. And trust me, Office Boy has been to more than 500 showflats (but think missed this one!).

They added Bay Windon in Living Room ?! Planter in BR2 ?! and Bay window in the one and only shared toilet ?!

The way to value this unit is to add all the (Bay Window + Planter)* $700 psf then add the other liveable area * $1,500 psf. Works out to be something like $1,200 ?

Confirm a No-Buy!

I dont think pppl here are trying to talk down the price so that they can buy cheap. Coz I dont think ppl will really want to buy something like this.

Who is the developer ? Office Boy must make a mental note to be careful of this developer.

DKSG

developer: http://www.goodlandgroup.com.sg/m_portfolio_singapore.php

thomastansb
10-05-13, 12:50
Trust me. I am not a sourgrape because I am really not interested in Aristo. In fact, I don't see myself buying any properties in the next few years. Just collect rental and relax can liao.

I just gave my views on lousy layout. Just like a project called I think mountbatten suite. It has a B1 unit and I think it sucks. No meh?

As I said, the location is good. I have no doubt about that. If I want to trash Aristo, I can say the location is bad but I don't have to do that because everyone knows the location is not bad. But the layout, everyone can see. I don't have to comment further.

evolutionx
10-05-13, 14:33
Trust me. I am not a sourgrape because I am really not interested in Aristo. In fact, I don't see myself buying any properties in the next few years. Just collect rental and relax can liao.

I just gave my views on lousy layout. Just like a project called I think mountbatten suite. It has a B1 unit and I think it sucks. No meh?

As I said, the location is good. I have no doubt about that. If I want to trash Aristo, I can say the location is bad but I don't have to do that because everyone knows the location is not bad. But the layout, everyone can see. I don't have to comment further.

i saw the "penthouse" at moutbatten suites as well. i think you and i got same taste. there's a room in there that is literally triangular in shape with a low sloping roof... cant even use as a study. even a closet wont do since its irregular. my maid also cant even fit in there >< the master bedroom can fit 1 queen bed and a small cupboard. and right next to that is a gigantic outdoor patio >< i think my SO would have kicked my behind if i bought that ...

plus, external maintenance is terrible. the frontage is already dirty. when i went down for viewing, there was a pipe leaking in the basement (looked like rust or something to me) and of course, the agent said its nothing la etc ... (how a developer can have rusty pipes @ TOP is beyond me)

Laguna
10-05-13, 20:46
yearS back, I visited the showflat. I felt heartache the way the old house was conserved. The beautiful part of the old building was the sea facing winds but these was being demolished. This is the worst conservation I think.

There was the 10% bonus GFA at that time for planter etc. But the developer had built more than 10% for planter and balcony and AC ledge, perhaps at 40%.

Why? Cost cutting I believe. This has resulted a very poor layout and very small indoor area.

There is no point to carry on the thread with Shawn, wasting your time and efforts. Similarly, for those engaged in endless argument with Ringo.

Time can be used for making more money.

NdB
10-05-13, 21:40
The beautiful part of the old building was the sea facing winds but these was being demolished. This is the worst conservation I think.

This was the old building...
http://remembersingapore.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/mansions-and-villas-of-the-past-butterfly-house.jpg

zeamybro
10-05-13, 22:43
And this was when it was sea facing... What a beauty

http://timelessbeauty.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/in-the-past1.jpg

Shawn
10-05-13, 23:39
cant agree with you there bro ... he makes a sound argument. doesn't seem like sour grapes to me at all ... (and again, if you're going to go back to that whole we are the same person argument, i strongly suggest you ask the admin to check our ip addresses, if anything, to simply quell that argument.)

he isnt wrong to say the layout is horrible ... its really not a practical layout. i'm in the property biz myself and i would not even consider that place for my own stay, let alone an investment. while the 3 most important rules of property are location, location, location, the next ruleset requires a decent layout ... cant really sleep in the balcony can you (unless one's wife kicks them out there la, then better make it as comfortable as possible :P)

extolling the values of a property doesn't necessarily make it a great buy :)

Well before you make comments on Aristo layout u should take a look at other new condo layout like 16@Amber, 8M Residences etc....each and every new development is small in size and still comes with balcony and some even with a large aircon ledge and bomb shelter. Aristo doesnt have aircon ledge (for most units) and no bomb shelter. As such, the additional space is dedicated to a bigger balcony. I dont see anything wrong with that having a balcony facing the sea.

Hehe in anycase it doesnt matter your opinion doesnt shape the future values of The Aristo. As you said location, location, location is the main criteria. Nowadays people dont go for big spaces especially with a tight budget.

Shawn
10-05-13, 23:43

Confirm a No-Buy!

DKSG

Haha sourgrape flooding Aristo forum. So funny why they bother so much about this development if they dont have a keen interest in this condo...does it make sense to anyone ? Only an idiot can comprehend the motive. If you not interested just stop posting here hahaha

Shawn
10-05-13, 23:46

Wow got time to send old photo some more...amazing interest in The Aristo. Thanks it shows how much the interest is in this development

Shawn
10-05-13, 23:47
yearS back, I visited the showflat. I felt heartache the way the old house was conserved. The beautiful part of the old building was the sea facing winds but these was being demolished. This is the worst conservation I think.

There was the 10% bonus GFA at that time for planter etc. But the developer had built more than 10% for planter and balcony and AC ledge, perhaps at 40%.

Why? Cost cutting I believe. This has resulted a very poor layout and very small indoor area.

There is no point to carry on the thread with Shawn, wasting your time and efforts. Similarly, for those engaged in endless argument with Ringo.

Time can be used for making more money.

Sourgrape sourgrape...same person sending message with different nicks...hahaha

zeamybro
10-05-13, 23:48
Wow got time to send old photo some more...amazing interest in The Aristo. Thanks it shows how much the interest is in this development

I am actually more amazed to see how u can twist and turn facts around

fiat500
10-05-13, 23:51
Sourgrape sourgrape...same person sending message with different nicks...hahaha
I think u have gone abit crazy n paranoid! :D

Shawn
10-05-13, 23:54
i saw the "penthouse" at moutbatten suites as well. i think you and i got same taste. there's a room in there that is literally triangular in shape with a low sloping roof... cant even use as a study. even a closet wont do since its irregular. my maid also cant even fit in there >< the master bedroom can fit 1 queen bed and a small cupboard. and right next to that is a gigantic outdoor patio >< i think my SO would have kicked my behind if i bought that ...

plus, external maintenance is terrible. the frontage is already dirty. when i went down for viewing, there was a pipe leaking in the basement (looked like rust or something to me) and of course, the agent said its nothing la etc ... (how a developer can have rusty pipes @ TOP is beyond me)

"You and I got same taste" as both of you are the same person...sourgrape, sourgrape...poor guy desperately trying to bring down a condo so they can buy cheap cheap. It wont happen la my dear. That location is prime and the fact Aristo is strategically located (just beside CSC and the underground tunnel), make it even more desirable, not mentioning the modern architectural design and the conservation house. The facts are clear. As an agent I wont entertain people like you if you come as potential buyers. I will just tell u to get lost cause u wasting my time.

With so little money still wanna complain about prime condo..cause u are cheapskate u wanna buy cheap so u trying to play down a condo...and everyone will be laughing at you. Cause nowadays, condos are all small sized. If you want big big go for old condos like Laguna Park.

Why waste your time here in this Aristo forum if you have no hidden agenda ?? Come on....people dont waste time for nothing. Unless you are a madman then I got nothing to say.

Shawn
10-05-13, 23:59
I think u have gone abit crazy n paranoid! :D

Wow amazing respond in minutes...so much interest in The Aristo from the same person...haha I will take note in my future marketing of The Aristo. Should push the price further up since there are so much hidden interests

Btw good bye i wont be here till July as I will be traveling to Jakarta for real estate presentation. All the luck and see u in July.

astroboy8681
11-05-13, 00:55
Good riddance :cheers5:

Laguna
11-05-13, 07:24

Thanks for the photo.
The entrance portion which is being conversed is rather common.
The curve building facing the sea in fact is the only building in Singapore with that type of architectural design. It was meant to catch the sea breeze.

Shawn
02-07-13, 14:57
Welcome back.

I just got an offer for a 807 sq.ft at The Aristo for $1,760psf but owner rejected the offer. Sigh otherwise this will be a record psf set for the Aristo. Seems like the owners especially on the high floors are reluctant to sell their units.

Last transaction for Aristo low floor 646 sq.ft was at $1,609 psf. Lots of offers come in for $1600-1700psf for several units but owners reject the offers. Seems to me like owners of high floor units can call a price around $1800-1900psf once Aristo TOP soon.

Some delays in TOP date as architect made some structural changes to the building to comply with safety standards. But it will be very soon when owners will start to collect keys in a month or 2 from now.

Amber Skye launching soon in 3rd quarter indicative pricing from $2100-2300 psf onwards. Seaview is not as great as that of Aristo fyi.

thomastansb
02-07-13, 16:56
Tell me about it. I got an offer of $8,000 psf for my pasir ris condo. I also rejected it. These buyers are rich. Luckily I am richer, no need to sell. If not, sure top transaction in Singapore.

And didn't someone boast the project will TOP last year? What happen? Q3 2013 already.

Welcome back.

I just got an offer for a 807 sq.ft at The Aristo for $1,760psf but owner rejected the offer. Sigh otherwise this will be a record psf set for the Aristo. Seems like the owners especially on the high floors are reluctant to sell their units.

Last transaction for Aristo low floor 646 sq.ft was at $1,609 psf. Lots of offers come in for $1600-1700psf for several units but owners reject the offers. Seems to me like owners of high floor units can call a price around $1800-1900psf once Aristo TOP soon.

Some delays in TOP date as architect made some structural changes to the building to comply with safety standards. But it will be very soon when owners will start to collect keys in a month or 2 from now.

Amber Skye launching soon in 3rd quarter indicative pricing from $2100-2300 psf onwards. Seaview is not as great as that of Aristo fyi.

hopeful
02-07-13, 17:59

how did this project began construction in the first place if it doesnt comply with safety standards at the very beginning?

Shawn
03-07-13, 01:48
how did this project began construction in the first place if it doesnt comply with safety standards at the very beginning?

Its not the construction and workers' safety compliance I am talking about. Its minor structural changes to the design for eg. staircase landing, ceiling heights etc...which can be adjusted quickly.

Shawn
03-07-13, 01:52
Tell me about it. I got an offer of $8,000 psf for my pasir ris condo. I also rejected it. These buyers are rich. Luckily I am richer, no need to sell. If not, sure top transaction in Singapore.

And didn't someone boast the project will TOP last year? What happen? Q3 2013 already.

I did not boast the project will TOP last year. I was basically mentioning that Aristo will TOP early this year, but these are all plain estimates based on developer feedback. Nobody knows exact TOP date cause Aristo deadline for TOP is end of 2013.

Btw arent you the guy who also mention that Aristo psf wont exceed $1400psf ?? So what happens to your estimates on Aristo psf after its latest $1609psf last month and $1717psf early this year ?? Btw just wanna let you know that $1700s psf is coming shortly. Stay tuned to it...

Shawn
03-07-13, 01:57

?? What happens ?? Stay tuned to $1700s psf for Aristo...dont change channel yet hahaha

thomastansb
03-07-13, 15:58
Did I say it won't exceed $1,400 psf?

I did not boast the project will TOP last year. I was basically mentioning that Aristo will TOP early this year, but these are all plain estimates based on developer feedback. Nobody knows exact TOP date cause Aristo deadline for TOP is end of 2013.

Btw arent you the guy who also mention that Aristo psf wont exceed $1400psf ?? So what happens to your estimates on Aristo psf after its latest $1609psf last month and $1717psf early this year ?? Btw just wanna let you know that $1700s psf is coming shortly. Stay tuned to it...

thomastansb
03-07-13, 16:02
Opps, someone swallowing their words now? :D :D :D

Guaranteed somemore. Hahahaha. 1 year has passed since that guaranteed TOP :beats-me-man:

Posted 3rd July 2013

"I did not boast the project will TOP last year. I was basically mentioning that Aristo will TOP early this year, but these are all plain estimates based on developer feedback. Nobody knows exact TOP date cause Aristo deadline for TOP is end of 2013."

Posted 23rd July 2012

It will TOP before end of this year 100% guaranteed. The contractor told me they have a deadline for construction completion by end September, after which developer will come in and make the final finishing touch to the development. So my bet its TOP before end of this year.

The conservation house is a separate entity not joined with the main building. So a delay of 1-2 months in completion is perfectly fine. I ever collected keys for a condo which has TOP despite the carpark and the pool still not 100% completed. This does happen but the delay cannot be more than 2 months the most. Owners get key and do renovations. By the time they come in, everything is completed.

thomastansb
03-07-13, 16:05
Potential buyers, here is the floor plan again.

See the balcony, planter, BW, size of bedroom (bed in picture is only a queen size bed).

all from:

fiat500
03-07-13, 16:25
Potential buyers, here is the floor plan again.

See the balcony, planter, BW, size of bedroom (bed in picture is only a queen size bed).
The layout is not liveable at all.. Almost 1/3 taken up by bay windows,planter boxes n balcony..
Real pity cos this project is in a good location but let down by poor layout designs for all the 4 stacks !:doh:

thomastansb
03-07-13, 17:04
You are right. I have no doubt about its location or view. The layout is a real turn off. What a waste of land.

Chief Executive Officer Liew Mun Leong - "Singapore’s land is very precious and you are wasting your scarce resources”

The layout is not liveable at all.. Almost 1/3 taken up by bay windows,planter boxes n balcony..
Real pity cos this project is in a good location but let down by poor layout designs for all the 4 stacks !:doh:

donchew76
15-07-13, 12:34
Anyone knows y aristo has not top despite completion few months back?

mcmlxxvi
26-07-13, 16:34
A1694-00045-2006-CN01 CD-SS COMMISSIONING SUBMISSION ISSUE APPOINTMENT LETTER FOR COMMISSIONING 23/07/2013 09:16:56

thomastansb
26-07-13, 17:05
Ask Shawn. He said confidently that Aristo will TOP last year. Now almost 3/4 of the year gone.

Anyone knows y aristo has not top despite completion few months back?

astroboy8681
26-07-13, 18:13
was launched in 2008 before the Q4 financial crisis... about 20% sold at prev 07/08 high prices... when crisis sets in developer drop psf by 40-50%!

so those bought just after crisis sitting on 50%minimum paper profit & bought before crisis probably 5-10% gain only...

thou i must say the sea view is quite impressive...
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/11495719/for-sale-the-aristo

not so much about the layout thou (excessive balcony/planter/baywindow)

Simply East
06-08-13, 15:25
Ask Shawn. He said confidently that Aristo will TOP last year. Now almost 3/4 of the year gone.

No reply from Shawn regarding the TOP of Aristo?

Simply East
23-08-13, 16:16
No reply from Shawn regarding the TOP of Aristo?

Still not TOP yet?

Shawn
23-08-13, 23:06
Sorry for the delay as I am just back from Indonesia handling my client S&P for a unit at Meyer Road.

Aristo will TOP in Sep or Oct the latest. This is just my guest but as I said i am not developer so I cannot confirm the actual date. In anycase this project needs to TOP latest by December 2013 - thats the final TOP deadline.

Honestly this project is a beautiful project. I am not trying to sell the units there as an agent but based on my honest opinion after seeing a unit there and the clubhouse. The furnishings are quality furnishings - they used Hansgrohe fittings, Raindance shower for the bathrooms, duravit fittings, Italian white/grey marble at living and dining, solid wood long strip flooring etc. The 100 year old conservation house fronting Aristo is Bidwell's one and only residential project in Singapore, with others being commercial like Raffles Hotel, Goodwood Park Hotel and National Theatre.

In addition Aristo selling points are:

(a) Singapore's few freehold sea fronting new condos. There arent many freehold new condos with seaview in Singapore. The only ones left now are Meyerise and the upcoming Amber Skye apart from Aristo. There are practically no more. The rest are 99 year leasehold condos. So this is itself a plus point and a niche market. You can hardly get a freehold condo with such a prime location coupled with sea view fronting.

(b) New projects are asking at $2200psf on average. Aristo is still selling at a 30% discount despite the fact that Aristo has a better facing than units at The Cape, 16@Amber and Amber Skye.

(c) The new ERL mrt line - Amber Station will be just behind Aristo. This will push up Aristo units once the announcement made in the next 6 months from now. This station will have 2 underground opening - one opening will be near the roundabout while the other one will be near parkway/Cote D Azur. Dont ask me how I know this info.

(d) Amber Skye, the new project by China Sonangol Land, will be launched at at an average $2200-2500psf. The developer, which is cash rich has decided to postpone launch while resume with the construction of the condo. They dont need the $$$ to start construction. They rather wait for the ERL line announcement then they will launch/sell their units. What does this tell u ??? If u are smart u will know. And mind u, Amber Skye sea view is not as good as the units at Aristo.

(e) Sea view is a plus plus plus point for sellers. Buyers are willing to pay a premium as much as $500psf more for higher floor units with seaview. Just look at Aalto transactions you will have an idea - the same size unit on the low floor can sell at $1600psf while another similar unit on the high floor at the same stack can sell at $2200psf. So the better your sea view, the more the $$$. The sea means luck and fortune not only better view.

(f) Amber/Meyer will remain a jewel in the east and will soon be elevated as a prime district with the upcoming major plan for east coast - which includes the completion of the Marina Coastal Expressway, the new National Stadium in 2014, the ongoing F1 Grand Prix, the next plan for the 3rd casino/integrated entertainment complex near the Marina East (Fort Road) area being the last unspoilt beach land in Singapore once the new tender for casino/IR will start in 2017. Dont forget, the East coast park itself is undergoing a major transformation with the upcoming Parkland @ East Coast park completing in 2014, the Marine Cove (under renovation now) in 2015. This will make this location one of the best place in Singapore to live and entertain. So dont expect people who own units at Amber/Meyer to sell their units to you at a discount.

(g) Marine Parade/Amber location being closed to all the good amenities - good schools (Tao Nan/Dunman/JCs etc), good shopping (Parkway/I12/Other new upcoming malls), good food (countless restaurants along the stretch of East Coast Road and East Coast beach), good transport (all major bus lines/ new mrt coming up which goes to town and to the airport in one stretch), good sports activities (the beach for cyclist/sea sports/joggers, and the stadium/Chinese swimming club (tennis/gym/pool/other sports activities).

(h) Aristo 100 year old conservation house history is in itself an asset to the property - this project is Bidwell one and only residential project done during his lifetime. He is the renown architect for Raffles Hotel, Goodwood Park Hotel and National Theatre. The Butterfly House gate and main entrance is beautifully conserved to preserve the spirit of Amber Road while retaining the ambience of old blended with modern concept - the 4 units on every floor at the modern building typifies the shape of the butterfly wings/body while the conserve house is the head of the butterfly with the gate being the butterfly antennae spread over 2 sides.

(i) To the Chinese, Aristo building has one of the best fengshui in this area. The open sea behind signifies fortune and unending good luck, the Chinese Swimming Club massive pools in front and the side signify further endless good luck, the greenery view at the side signifies longevity and good health. The design of the gate facing outwards (converging shape) signify the act of absorbing wealth from outside. This confirms the fact that the previous owners of Aristo (conserved house) were renowned businessman from the Jewish Cashin family to the reputable Lee clan. As such, owners of Aristo will also inherit this good fengshui energy.

Shawn
26-08-13, 12:22
TOP any moment now (within 1 month) as NOA for commissioning has just been issued.

A1694-00045-2006-CN01 (https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/ShowCDNew.aspx?Pro_Ref_No=A1694-00045-2006-CN01&APP_TYPE=CD-SS%20COMMISSIONING%20SUBMISSION)CD-SS COMMISSIONING SUBMISSIONISSUE NOA FOR COMMISSIONING23/08/2013 16:40:56-

Simply East
26-08-13, 14:05
TOP any moment now (within 1 month) as NOA for commissioning has just been issued.

A1694-00045-2006-CN01 (https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/ShowCDNew.aspx?Pro_Ref_No=A1694-00045-2006-CN01&APP_TYPE=CD-SS%20COMMISSIONING%20SUBMISSION)CD-SS COMMISSIONING SUBMISSIONISSUE NOA FOR COMMISSIONING23/08/2013 16:40:56-

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

clemdale24
26-08-13, 14:27
(c) The new ERL mrt line - Amber Station will be just behind Aristo. This will push up Aristo units once the announcement made in the next 6 months from now. This station will have 2 underground opening - one opening will be near the roundabout while the other one will be near parkway/Cote D Azur. Dont ask me how I know this info.

I disagree with a few things u said, in particular this one.
OPening near the roundabout? I dont see any land available for an opening to be near the roundabout.

If u look at the previous posts by forummers here and at skyscrapercity.com, the somewhat accepted stations in this region are as follows:

Tanjong Katong South station:
- entrances at the current tanjong katong south park, big splash(across the ECP).
- Evidence: SI machines aplenty at the aforementioned park. New bus stop with bus 36, 48, to serve future MRT commuters.

Marine Parade station:
- entrances at the vicinity of the old cinema, parc seabreeze area
- Evidence: SI machines aplenty, you can see them now directly in front of parc seabreeze

I have never heard of a station at the roundabout, or at cote dazur. No one has ever mentioned it. except you. No one has ever seen SI machines there. have u?

thomastansb
26-08-13, 14:44
Why do you think he speculated a MRT there? Any motive? Anyway, those are pure speculations. He said TOP end 2012 at the very latest but he has been wrong so many times.

56 units only, need 6 years to build? They think they building Reflection ah? Hahaha.

The layout is a real turn off for me even though the location is great. But the rental will speak for itself. Tenants come in, they will decide how much to pay for the poor layout.

OPening near the roundabout? I dont see any land available for an opening to be near the roundabout.

If u look at the previous posts by forummers here and at skyscrapercity.com, the somewhat accepted stations in this region are as follows:

- entrances at the current tanjong katong south park, big splash(across the ECP).
- Evidence: SI machines aplenty at the aforementioned park. New bus stop with bus 36, 48, to serve future MRT commuters.

Marine Parade station:
- Evidence: SI machines aplenty, you can see them now directly in front of parc seabreeze

I have never heard of a station at the roundabout, or at cote dazur. No one has ever mentioned it. except you. No one has ever seen SI machines there. have u?

Lovelle
26-08-13, 14:59
why won't the tanjong katong mrt near to the few katong schools? it makes more sense then located at big splash area.

Simply East
26-08-13, 15:33
why won't the tanjong katong mrt near to the few katong schools? it makes more sense then located at big splash area.

It is all speculations.... no one knows exactly where the stations will be until the formal announcement is made. :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

clemdale24
26-08-13, 15:36

which few katong schools are u referring to?

for now, SI machines are seen within the tanjong katong south park, next to sin aik fresh mart. also, there have been a couple of machines next to Aalto and in front of Amber Point in the recent past (im not sure if its still there).

so, im pretty sure a station will be there. i guess this station will serve the jalan seaview and amber residents. to a certain extent, the meyer road residents east of meyerise (thereabouts; of which im referring to sovereign, makena, peach garden) will also be within walking distance to this station.

i guess why this station is placed so far south, and not further up north within tanjong katong itself is because the government plans on redeveloping big splash and the surrounding eateries. this station is planned to serve as the main link to east coast park.

the above is what i have gathered from past forummers' views and insights, and of course, expertise. having lived in this area all my life, i tend to agree with the above. feel free to express ur opinions! :)

Shawn
28-08-13, 14:08
Why do you think he speculated a MRT there? Any motive? Anyway, those are pure speculations. He said TOP end 2012 at the very latest but he has been wrong so many times.

56 units only, need 6 years to build? They think they building Reflection ah? Hahaha.

The layout is a real turn off for me even though the location is great. But the rental will speak for itself. Tenants come in, they will decide how much to pay for the poor layout.

Well Thomastan, Aristo started construction in end 2010 and not 6 years to build as you claim. Aristo was launched in 2008/2009 and from 2009-2010, there was no construction as the showflat is still there. The reason why the construction was slow was because of the conservation house which has to be preserved in front of the construction site.

There are other condos which are equally slow like Moda near east coast road, which is still under construction although launched slightly later than Aristo in 2009.

I think if you are bent on condemning other people's condo, with some ulterior motives, u can get lost and stop posting unproductive comments here. Go to other sites my sincere advise. Otherwise, people might misconstrue your intention as someone who desperate to get a unit there at cheap price.

People like u should just focus on suburban areas like Pasir Ris or Tampines.

Shawn
28-08-13, 14:36

Marine Parade station:

The SI Machines were behind the Chinese Swimming Club for a while a year back. Notice that piece of vacant land behind Aristo and in front of Silversea. That piece of land belongs to the government and Far East has actually requested to acquire that land to be built as a bigger development combined with the existing Silversea land. However, it was turned down by the Singapore government as this land is reserved for special purpose.

Based on my communication with Far East senior staffs, this land is set aside for the proposed future Amber mrt station which will have an underground connection/link. On the other side, the link will connect to Parkway/Cote D Azur side. The mrt will run underground in the east coast.

Reason why mrt stations will be at the east coast lines are because we already have another mrt lines running deeper in like Dakota, Paya Lebar, Kembangan etc.

That goes to explain why Far East is aggressively acquiring lands near the roundabout as they have the first access to information.

Ringo33
28-08-13, 17:03
The SI Machines were behind the Chinese Swimming Club for a while a year back. Notice that piece of vacant land behind Aristo and in front of Silversea. That piece of land belongs to the government and Far East has actually requested to acquire that land to be built as a bigger development combined with the existing Silversea land. However, it was turned down by the Singapore government as this land is reserved for special purpose.

Based on my communication with Far East senior staffs, this land is set aside for the proposed future Amber mrt station which will have an underground connection/link. On the other side, the link will connect to Parkway/Cote D Azur side. The mrt will run underground in the east coast.

Reason why mrt stations will be at the east coast lines are because we already have another mrt lines running deeper in like Dakota, Paya Lebar, Kembangan etc.

That goes to explain why Far East is aggressively acquiring lands near the roundabout as they have the first access to information.

Did you just make up those story to sell property or what?

Amber station as you propose will be too close to Marine Parade station, and there has been a very lengthy and detail discussion on the possible site for Tanjong Katong station, not AMBER station

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17760682/ERL/ERL2013-4.jpg

evolutionx
28-08-13, 17:09
Sorry for the delay as I am just back from Indonesia handling my client S&P for a unit at Meyer Road.

FYI - as an agent, you should know better than anyone that its against CEA guidelines to provide conjecture when selling property. by saying not to ask you how you know, you are implying you have insider knowledge, which means if someone in the govt is providing you with masterplan info before it is released - both your heads will roll.

so if you want to speculate, specify that you are making an assumption - otherwise blindly leading investors by making such calls *is illegal* and the CEA can clamp down on you hard.

clemdale24
28-08-13, 17:20
Did you just make up those story to sell property or what?

Amber station as you propose will be too close to Marine Parade station, and there has been a very lengthy and detail discussion on the possible site for Tanjong Katong station, not AMBER station

Kkkkk no need to get so worked up.

in all fairness, no one knows where the future stations are until they are formally announced, so for now we can only base speculations on visual evidence such as SI machines. i personally did not see the SI machines behind CSC, but Shawn did. so lets give him the benefit of the doubt. actually, even though there may have been soil testing there, that could just be an extrance/ exit.

astroboy8681
04-09-13, 10:34
goodness...entering Q4 2013 already and why Aristo still not TOPed?!

Admire the facade whenever i drove past :)

Simply East
04-09-13, 13:00
goodness...entering Q4 2013 already and why Aristo still not TOPed?!

Admire the facade whenever i drove past :)

CLUELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thomastansb
04-09-13, 13:47
Shawn said latest Q4 2012 will TOP. Now approaching Q4 2013. You give him the benefit of doubt? :scared-4:

56 units only, take so many years to build? Not as if it is sitting on a 500,000 sqft land. The land size is pathetic but took so long. Even Silversea is finishing. Optima launched in end 2009 already collecting rental for 1 year.

Kkkkk no need to get so worked up.

in all fairness, no one knows where the future stations are until they are formally announced, so for now we can only base speculations on visual evidence such as SI machines. i personally did not see the SI machines behind CSC, but Shawn did. so lets give him the benefit of the doubt. actually, even though there may have been soil testing there, that could just be an extrance/ exit.

fiat500
04-09-13, 14:52
Something might have gone terribly wrong with this project that we are not aware about?
It's impossible for such a small project taking more than 5yrs to complete!
'Haig162' launched much later which is further down the road after 'the esta' has already TOP couple of mths ago.
Or maybe aristo did not passed the final inspection test from the relevant authority..

Tmi
04-09-13, 16:00
Some issues between the contractor and developer?? Owners here may want to consider coming together and look for the developer for some explanation...

Simply East
04-09-13, 19:40
Some issues between the contractor and developer?? Owners here may want to consider coming together and look for the developer for some explanation...

Sure got issues, but not disclosed to public .... No workers there to finish up the work too. Just the same since weeks ago.

Tmi
04-09-13, 19:42
Sure got issues, but not disclosed to public .... No workers there to finish up the work too. Just the same since weeks ago.

Omg ... perhaps contractors bid too low and lack of funds to complete certain works and developers refused to help? They have until end of this year, and the developer is going to compensate the owners. Anyone knows how the compensation works? Compensate loss of rentals etc?

dtrax
04-09-13, 19:45
Omg ... perhaps contractors bid too low and lack of funds to complete certain works and developers refused to help? They have until end of this year, and the developer is going to compensate the owners. Anyone knows how the compensation works? Compensate loss of rentals etc?

See SnP, will state date for vacant posession and if is end of this yr. Usually is 10% p.a interest calculated on daily basis.

dtrax
04-09-13, 19:53
Most contracts for the sale and purchase of property in Singapore will incorporate standard terms called the Singapore Law Society's Conditions of Sale 1999

Look out for these 3 powerful clauses which should be common be icommercial, industrial or residential purchases:

13.4 If the Vendor for any reason does not deliver vacant possession of the Unit to the Purchaser by the Transfer Date, the Vendor must pay to the Purchaser liquidated damages.

13.5 Liquidated damages under clause 13.4 are to be calculated on a daily basis, commencing from the day immediately after the Transfer Date, at the rate of 10% per annum on the total sum of all the instalments paid by the Purchaser towards the Purchase Price, and shall run until the Purchaser receives a Notice of Vacant Possession from the Vendor in respect of the Unit.

13.6 Any liquidated damages payable to the Purchaser under clause 13.4 may be deducted from any instalment of the Purchase Price due to the Vendor.

Cupcakes
04-09-13, 21:48

The remaining 20%? Sounds not bad :)

thomastansb
04-09-13, 22:56
I pity those who bought at more than 1700 psf in 2008. It was launched in June 2008 at 1.7k psf. 6 months later, in Dec 2008, developer drop price to $900+ psf because of the financial crisis. Weak holding power but buyers sure repent.

Fast forward 5 years later, still haven't TOP. Like what people said, even Haig 162 has TOP even though it was launched 2 years later. And Haig 162 is a much bigger project.

Something might have gone terribly wrong with this project that we are not aware about?
It's impossible for such a small project taking more than 5yrs to complete!
'Haig162' launched much later which is further down the road after 'the esta' has already TOP couple of mths ago.
Or maybe aristo did not passed the final inspection test from the relevant authority..

evolutionx
06-09-13, 15:37
I pity those who bought at more than 1700 psf in 2008. It was launched in June 2008 at 1.7k psf. 6 months later, in Dec 2008, developer drop price to $900+ psf because of the financial crisis. Weak holding power but buyers sure repent.

Fast forward 5 years later, still haven't TOP. Like what people said, even Haig 162 has TOP even though it was launched 2 years later. And Haig 162 is a much bigger project.

the only people benefiting at those who live in katong >10 years. their properties sky rocket already.

i see a car parked there every now and then since i have a clear view of the building. i can also see the top of the building as well, but dont see any rectification works on the roof top (or anyone working on it for that matter) so i wonder what exactly the issue is ...

on a side note, does anyone know which agency Shawn work for? out of curiosity :P

clemdale24
07-09-13, 02:31
the only people benefiting at those who live in katong >10 years. their properties sky rocket already.

i see a car parked there every now and then since i have a clear view of the building. i can also see the top of the building as well, but dont see any rectification works on the roof top (or anyone working on it for that matter) so i wonder what exactly the issue is ...

on a side note, does anyone know which agency Shawn work for? out of curiosity :P

are u a fellow katong resident? where do u live?

fiat500
07-09-13, 03:09

Should be propnex... :D

DC33_2008
07-09-13, 08:37
Imagine those who bought here in 2008 and looking for rental income must be frustrated. Soon, got to compete with their neighbouring massive silversea project for rental. :o
Should be propnex... :D

thomastansb
07-09-13, 10:19
Not only that. Because the developers sell a lot of units at 900+ psf, they can afford to rent out at much lower price. I don't understand why the developer has to do that :doh:

Imagine those who bought here in 2008 and looking for rental income must be frustrated. Soon, got to compete with their neighbouring massive silversea project for rental. :o

evolutionx
07-09-13, 13:20
are u a fellow katong resident? where do u live?

yes sir. but not for long. bought another place recently in town. however,currently spitting distance of aristo :D

Shawn
07-09-13, 13:48
Wow amazing interest in The Aristo @ Amber judging from the feedback and comments I got from here especially from some usual sourgrapes who are always active in Aristo forum.

Anyway this project TOP is December 2013 the latest, and its going to TOP soon. Some forummers here tried to sell the idea that this project takes 5 years to complete, but they ignore blatantly the fact that this project started construction only in late 2010. A delay in completion is understood as the conservation house in front needs to preserved while construction is ongoing. Btw this is not the only project that takes a longer time to complete. Just look across at MODA at east coast road. Its launched in 2009 and till now its still under construction and not completed yet. And MODA psf is not going down, just look at its psf selling price although location wise is not as good as Aristo.

Guess people who are sourgrapes tend to find faults in a condo when probably the condo they staying in are worst of in terms of location, design, and architectural facade. I got no comments - if you felt hurt by my comments, I am sorry but this is reality.

Aristo will not be selling at a discount despite all the negativities inspired by some people here, cause there are too many positives compared to negatives.

Soon, Amber Skye which is now renamed ELEGANT RESIDENCES will be launched soon just down the road from Aristo. Guess what will be the psf selling price ??? HAHAHA leave that to your imagination.

Shawn
07-09-13, 13:55
Not only that. Because the developers sell a lot of units at 900+ psf, they can afford to rent out at much lower price. I don't understand why the developer has to do that :doh:

Hehe this comment seems to come from someone who is still sleeping and not waking up from the reality that property prices have moved up from 2009 to 2013 by almost 50% at least. This is a typical Singaporean attitude - they want to buy other people properties cheap and they want to sell theirs expensive hahaha.

In 2008/2009, even The Sail @ Marina Bay is sold at a discount dont talk about The Aristo. Try to find faults some more huh?? U are just a lame contributor sorry to say that. The more u contribute the more your true colors came out. So i suggest its better u just stay at your suburban condo and dont have big dreams.

Shawn
07-09-13, 14:01
Most contracts for the sale and purchase of property in Singapore will incorporate standard terms called the Singapore Law Society's Conditions of Sale 1999

Look out for these 3 powerful clauses which should be common be icommercial, industrial or residential purchases:

13.4 If the Vendor for any reason does not deliver vacant possession of the Unit to the Purchaser by the Transfer Date, the Vendor must pay to the Purchaser liquidated damages.

13.5 Liquidated damages under clause 13.4 are to be calculated on a daily basis, commencing from the day immediately after the Transfer Date, at the rate of 10% per annum on the total sum of all the instalments paid by the Purchaser towards the Purchase Price, and shall run until the Purchaser receives a Notice of Vacant Possession from the Vendor in respect of the Unit.

13.6 Any liquidated damages payable to the Purchaser under clause 13.4 may be deducted from any instalment of the Purchase Price due to the Vendor.

Dont worry lol this wont happen. This project is going to TOP soon by this month or latest early next month. Developer is not stupid to pay liquidated damages which is a substantial amount.

The reason why the delay is first because of the conservation house. They need additional clearance from certain bodies with regards to the conservation house, on top of the fact that construction is slowed down due to the existence of this conservation house. In addition, this developer is a fussy developer. It makes sure the contractor fulfills its obligation with regards to the defects, materials supplied, etc before the handover to the developer to TOP. The contractor already complains of losing money but they have to fulfill their obligation as in the contract.That is the reason for the several delays in TOP which was planned early this year postponed to September.

evolutionx
08-09-13, 00:36
Wow amazing interest in The Aristo @ Amber judging
Soon, Amber Skye which is now renamed ELEGANT RESIDENCES will be launched soon just down the road from Aristo. Guess what will be the psf selling price ??? HAHAHA leave that to your imagination.

initial asking supposedly is $2000psf. 109 units spread over 26 floors and 140,000sqft GFA - so no need for guessing. already been offered this place. gonna pass.

as for your precious aristo - honestly speaking, no one is interested in this crappy project. the people who are "sourgrapes" as you term it, post here for the benefit of other investors who may get conned (especially by you)

since its such a great project, why arent you getting access and posting pictures of the interior to wow us? why dont you actually prove us wrong?

thomastansb
08-09-13, 00:57
Worse. Launched in 2008, started construction in 2010????? Wow... What happen?

Launched in 2008 at 1.7k psf, then drop price to $900+ psf in 2009. What a joke...

Also, you like to compare with the worst of the worst? Cool..

Wow amazing interest in The Aristo @ Amber judging from the feedback and comments I got from here especially from some usual sourgrapes who are always active in Aristo forum.

Anyway this project TOP is December 2013 the latest, and its going to TOP soon. Some forummers here tried to sell the idea that this project takes 5 years to complete, but they ignore blatantly the fact that this project started construction only in late 2010. A delay in completion is understood as the conservation house in front needs to preserved while construction is ongoing. Btw this is not the only project that takes a longer time to complete. Just look across at MODA at east coast road. Its launched in 2009 and till now its still under construction and not completed yet. And MODA psf is not going down, just look at its psf selling price although location wise is not as good as Aristo.

Guess people who are sourgrapes tend to find faults in a condo when probably the condo they staying in are worst of in terms of location, design, and architectural facade. I got no comments - if you felt hurt by my comments, I am sorry but this is reality.

Aristo will not be selling at a discount despite all the negativities inspired by some people here, cause there are too many positives compared to negatives.

thomastansb
08-09-13, 00:59
I am staying in my D1 condo happily :D. And I am not interested in a project with such bad layout...

Did Silversea (Aristo neighbour) drop its price by 45% in 2009? :o

Hehe this comment seems to come from someone who is still sleeping and not waking up from the reality that property prices have moved up from 2009 to 2013 by almost 50% at least. This is a typical Singaporean attitude - they want to buy other people properties cheap and they want to sell theirs expensive hahaha.

In 2008/2009, even The Sail @ Marina Bay is sold at a discount dont talk about The Aristo. Try to find faults some more huh?? U are just a lame contributor sorry to say that. The more u contribute the more your true colors came out. So i suggest its better u just stay at your suburban condo and dont have big dreams.

blackjack21trader
08-09-13, 08:30
Dear good brothers and sisters, can enlighten me more about this project's layout and the quality issues you guys mentioned?

Recently, I have been invited to a 3 bedder viewing but I did not go. However, last week I past by the project and was very enchanted by the bungalow house that seemed to be attached to the project.

Thanks in advance.

Your humble brother,
Blackjack21Trader

Simply East
08-09-13, 08:53
Dear good brothers and sisters, can enlighten me more about this project's layout and the quality issues you guys mentioned?

Recently, I have been invited to a 3 bedder viewing but I did not go. However, last week I past by the project and was very enchanted by the bungalow house that seemed to be attached to the project.

Thanks in advance.

Your humble brother,
Blackjack21Trader

Some of the issues mentioned are Big balcony, bay windows, small rooms, mechanised car park etc. finishing and quality hard to say until you see the actual product. The conservation house is supposed to be the beauty but this developer did not do enough to make the front lobby and drive in walkway like a hotel lobby. The brochures look more stunning!!! The pool on 14th floor another draw point but got to see when it is completed. Aristo will look smaller when The Cape is up next year. But it depends on which facing u want, some of the units will hv unblocked view if it is not facing the Cape. Still worth looking if price is right.

blackjack21trader
08-09-13, 09:46
Some of the issues mentioned are Big balcony, bay windows, small rooms, mechanised car park etc. finishing and quality hard to say until you see the actual product. The conservation house is supposed to be the beauty but this developer did not do enough to make the front lobby and drive in walkway like a hotel lobby. The brochures look more stunning!!! The pool on 14th floor another draw point but got to see when it is completed. Aristo will look smaller when The Cape is up next year. But it depends on which facing u want, some of the units will hv unblocked view if it is not facing the Cape. Still worth looking if price is right.

Thanks Good Brother :) Will contact my agent.

fiat500
08-09-13, 10:40
Thanks Good Brother :) Will contact my agent.

Shore residences would b a much better buy even though it's 103yrs leasehold.
Superb layout n with full condo facilities.. Should TOP by mid 2014.

Simply East
08-09-13, 11:04
Shore residences would b a much better buy even though it's 103yrs leasehold.
Superb layout n with full condo facilities.. Should TOP by mid 2014.

Personally I find coralis near i12 not bad as it is near to the malls and in between Katong and marine parade road. But when next year comes there will be more choices. Aristo is nearer to east coast!!! Another plus point. The shore 2BR facing units might not be the best since it is usually reserved for the bigger units.

Khng8
08-09-13, 11:08
Coralis - plus potential MRT station.

thomastansb
08-09-13, 11:39
Hi Blackjack21Trader, a picture tells a thousand words...

Project Name-THE ARISTO @ AMBER
Developer-AG Capital Pte Ltd
Property Type-Apartment
Tenure - Freehold
Total Units - 56
Completion Date - Uncompleted
District - 15

all from:

blackjack21trader
08-09-13, 17:12
Thanks to bro thomastansb and the many brothers here who share the info with me generously. Appreciate that :)

Shawn
10-09-13, 13:19
Hi Blackjack21Trader, a picture tells a thousand words...

Chey someone uses only 1 layout of Aristo to say that the layout is horrible. What about the other 3 layouts which are actually better. Can u please show the Stack 2 layout please brother Thomas ??

Obviously this guy has a super interest in this project. Only idiots dont. This is the only project in the whole of Singapore which has a conservation house build and designed by James Bidwell, the architect of Raffles Hotel, Goodwood Park Hotel and National Theatre. James Bidwell only did one residential project in his whole lifetime in Singapore and that is The Aristo.

So if any idiot tells u and complain about the conservation house, the layout etc...u better think again.

Shawn
10-09-13, 13:28

Hahaha so the above comments do show interest in Aristo. Someone mentioned 'But got to see when it is completed'. Obviously this project has attracted a lot of interest. I am just being honest. As an agent, I never received so much phone calls to view a condo before TOP like the Aristo. Only competitor of equal ranking was The Sail years back when its going to TOP.

eng81157
10-09-13, 13:37
eh, nothing can be further from the truth. only 2 transactions on URA this year................:banghead::banghead:

Shawn
10-09-13, 14:00
initial asking supposedly is $2000psf. 109 units spread over 26 floors and 140,000sqft GFA - so no need for guessing. already been offered this place. gonna pass.

as for your precious aristo - honestly speaking, no one is interested in this crappy project. the people who are "sourgrapes" as you term it, post here for the benefit of other investors who may get conned (especially by you)

since its such a great project, why arent you getting access and posting pictures of the interior to wow us? why dont you actually prove us wrong?

Another person above who is interested in this project and asking me for more pictures hahaha...I have no intention to con. The eye cannot lie - just look at the design, facade, facing, and location. The eye speaks louder than words hahaha. And he is asking for more pictures can u believe that.

And obviously this person saw the billboard of Elegant Residences and make the phone call to enquire on this project. If you have no interest why do u make the phone call then. After knowing it is more than 2000psf, obviously he gets disappointed cause it is not within his reach.

evolutionx
10-09-13, 14:33
Another person above who is interested in this project and asking me for more pictures hahaha...I have no intention to con. The eye cannot lie - just look at the design, facade, facing, and location. The eye speaks louder than words hahaha. And he is asking for more pictures can u believe that.

And obviously this person saw the billboard of Elegant Residences and make the phone call to enquire on this project. If you have no interest why do u make the phone call then. After knowing it is more than 2000psf, obviously he gets disappointed cause it is not within his reach.

actually..they contacted me and ask me to buy ... for your benefit shawn! enjoy!

http://i44.tinypic.com/330v8ck.jpg

Shawn
10-09-13, 17:57
eh, nothing can be further from the truth. only 2 transactions on URA this year................:banghead::banghead:

This is a very small project with only 56 units. There are not many sellers..I can only count within one hand those who are seriously wanting to sell. In addition, the sellers are not going to sell cheap either. In addition, last year 2012, almost 12 Aristo units change hands. These units once change hand cannot be resold for at least 3 years due to the new laws. Many other sellers just want to rent out or to stay and not even considering of selling after the introduction of the new laws. So I am afraid there arent much sellers in the market anymore with regards to the Aristo except for a handful. You can say whatever u want but I am just telling u the facts.

Shawn
10-09-13, 18:13
actually..they contacted me and ask me to buy ... for your benefit shawn! enjoy!

http://i44.tinypic.com/330v8ck.jpg
Yeah u should buy the whole building la..since u are so rich. What a lame guy !

evolutionx
10-09-13, 18:54
Yeah u should buy the whole building la..since u are so rich. What a lame guy !

ill take a page out of your book - you sound like sour grapes, Shawn.

Shawn
10-09-13, 19:21
ill take a page out of your book - you sound like sour grapes, Shawn.

Hehe thanks sour grape from another sour grape. But at least my sour grape taste better than yours....

thomastansb
13-09-13, 10:16
56 units took 5 to 6 years to build????? Wow...

This is a very small project with only 56 units. There are not many sellers..I can only count within one hand those who are seriously wanting to sell. In addition, the sellers are not going to sell cheap either. In addition, last year 2012, almost 12 Aristo units change hands. These units once change hand cannot be resold for at least 3 years due to the new laws. Many other sellers just want to rent out or to stay and not even considering of selling after the introduction of the new laws. So I am afraid there arent much sellers in the market anymore with regards to the Aristo except for a handful. You can say whatever u want but I am just telling u the facts.

thomastansb
13-09-13, 10:22
Sure. Why not.. Here you go. See the incredibly big balcony, planters and bay windows as compared with the total size of the unit. Easily 30 to 40%. :doh:

See the room size as well. Would anyone want to be in a room which could fit just ONE BED? No tables, nothing. You will be lucky if you have space to walk properly.

And you mention "conservation house build and designed by James Bidwell, the architect of Raffles Hotel, Goodwood Park Hotel and National Theatre. James Bidwell only did one residential project in his whole lifetime in Singapore and that is The Aristo". Talk so much then sell $900 psf. Btw, I can't find anything regarding him designing Aristo. You want to show some proof on this?

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2582/Images/floor_typeB.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2582/Images/floor_typeC.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2582/Images/floor_typeD.jpg

Chey someone uses only 1 layout of Aristo to say that the layout is horrible. What about the other 3 layouts which are actually better. Can u please show the Stack 2 layout please brother Thomas ??

Obviously this guy has a super interest in this project. Only idiots dont. This is the only project in the whole of Singapore which has a conservation house build and designed by James Bidwell, the architect of Raffles Hotel, Goodwood Park Hotel and National Theatre. James Bidwell only did one residential project in his whole lifetime in Singapore and that is The Aristo.

So if any idiot tells u and complain about the conservation house, the layout etc...u better think again.

eng81157
13-09-13, 10:29
is the developer assuming that all owners are going to grow a forest in the planter box area??!!!

it's so ridiculously big

hopeful
13-09-13, 10:35
Obviously this guy has a super interest in this project. Only idiots dont. This is the only project in the whole of Singapore which has a conservation house build and designed by James Bidwell, the architect of Raffles Hotel, Goodwood Park Hotel and National Theatre. James Bidwell only did one residential project in his whole lifetime in Singapore and that is The Aristo....

shawn, how do we put in monetary terms that the house is designed by James Bidwell?
can we monetize the house, like holding functions etc? is there a big ballroom in the house?

a few condos have conservation houses also.

hopeful
13-09-13, 10:38
And you mention "conservation house build and designed by James Bidwell, the architect of Raffles Hotel, Goodwood Park Hotel and National Theatre. James Bidwell only did one residential project in his whole lifetime in Singapore and that is The Aristo". Talk so much then sell $900 psf. Btw, I can't find anything regarding him designing Aristo. You want to show some proof on this?...

what shawn means is conservation house is by james bidwell, not the aristo condo block.

hopeful
13-09-13, 10:42
is the developer assuming that all owners are going to grow a forest in the planter box area??!!!

it's so ridiculously big

actually i worried about the planter drain being plugged.
then it would accumulates water.
i wonder the structure can hold 10ton (10m3) of water.

shawn, what is the cubic size of the planters?

eng81157
13-09-13, 10:46
actually i worried about the planter drain being plugged.
then it would accumulates water.
i wonder the structure can hold 10ton (10m3) of water.

shawn, what is the cubic size of the planters?

that's a lot of water per unit. why did you assume a 10ton figure? is the planter box depth that deep?

hopeful
13-09-13, 11:07
that's a lot of water per unit. why did you assume a 10ton figure? is the planter box depth that deep?

for that, have to ask shawn. that's why i directed my question at him.

i remembered about BJ wanting to dipping pool in his condo.
http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=225284&postcount=42
his planter is 3*1*0.45, that is about 1.5m3, or 1.5 ton of water.

to my untrained eye, the planter looks huge, although 10ton of water is an over-exaggeration.
type B is 75sqm. the dimensions looks like 8m x 9m.
planter is like 7m x 1m. if depth is 0.5m. then volume is 3.5m3 or 3.5ton of water.

eng81157
13-09-13, 11:10
for that, have to ask shawn. that's why i directed my question at him.

i remembered about BJ wanting to dipping pool in his condo.
http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=225284&postcount=42
his planter is 3*1*0.45, that is about 1.5m3, or 1.5 ton of water.

to my untrained eye, the planter looks huge, although 10ton of water is an over-exaggeration.

heh, 10ton would turn it into a lap pool. having said so, can't really dip in a 50cm deep pool - maybe for kids or a huge pond for koi?

fiat500
13-09-13, 12:32

This is the summary: location is superb but the layout of all the units sucks bigtime... n also not forgetting the direct afternoon sun for stack 2, 3 n 4. :doh:

thomastansb
13-09-13, 13:22
Yup. View should be quite good for high floors. We are just stating facts here. At least we are honest. We don't twist facts like some agent here. This kind of layout is crap. Waste of precious land.

This is the summary: location is superb but the layout of all the units sucks bigtime... n also not forgetting the direct afternoon sun for stack 2, 3 n 4. :doh:

Simply East
14-09-13, 10:29
Personally I find coralis near i12 not bad as it is near to the malls and in between Katong and marine parade road. But when next year comes there will be more choices. Aristo is nearer to east coast!!! Another plus point. The shore 2BR facing units might not be the best since it is usually reserved for the bigger units.

Even Coralis has just obtained TOP. Still waiting for Aristo TOP to take a look at the interior. Sigh!!!!

Shawn
14-09-13, 12:15
Sure. Why not.. Here you go. See the incredibly big balcony, planters and bay windows as compared with the total size of the unit. Easily 30 to 40%. :doh:

See the room size as well. Would anyone want to be in a room which could fit just ONE BED? No tables, nothing. You will be lucky if you have space to walk properly.

And you mention "conservation house build and designed by James Bidwell, the architect of Raffles Hotel, Goodwood Park Hotel and National Theatre. James Bidwell only did one residential project in his whole lifetime in Singapore and that is The Aristo". Talk so much then sell $900 psf. Btw, I can't find anything regarding him designing Aristo. You want to show some proof on this?

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2582/Images/floor_typeB.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2582/Images/floor_typeC.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2582/Images/floor_typeD.jpg

Well at least these 3 layouts are better than the Stack 1 that you have shown earlier. In addition, they dont have bomb shelter, kitchen yard and a huge aircon ledge. Why dont u add up all these together with a balcony and see how huge can that be ?

Shawn
14-09-13, 12:18
Even Coralis has just obtained TOP. Still waiting for Aristo TOP to take a look at the interior. Sigh!!!!

Aristo is not like many other condos. It has a conservation house which also needs clearance from certain bodies before TOP. It takes a longer time as expected. But it is coming. Patience is worth it.

If you compare Coralis with Aristo, there is no comparison in terms of facing and view. Coralis sea view is mostly blocked by HDB flats and Parc Seabreeze. Aristo especially the high floor Stack 1, 2, and 3 have almost unblocked seaview and the sea is very near. I went up so I know what I am talking about.

Of course you got to pay a high price for the high floor units. My estimation is around $1700-2000psf for the high floors with a good seaview.

Shawn
14-09-13, 12:23

Thanks FIAT500 or Thomastan...both are the same person hahaha

Shawn
14-09-13, 12:27
Yup. View should be quite good for high floors. We are just stating facts here. At least we are honest. We don't twist facts like some agent here. This kind of layout is crap. Waste of precious land.

Haha I dont see it as a waste of land. I find it a modern design suitable for the high end lifestyle consumers, not a crappy person like u stuck in a big cave-like dwellling like HDB or those old condos near Pasir Ris.

To some people, they dont like big balcony but to some its nice especially if it has a seaview. To a crappy person like u, you should just stay in HDB which has no planter box, no balcony, no bay window.

You can continue to make your contributions here at this Aristo forum. It will become so obvious that you are a SOURGRAPE

Shawn
14-09-13, 12:35
56 units took 5 to 6 years to build????? Wow...

Thomastan doesnt seem to want to accept my explanation earlier that Aristo started construction only in 2010. And in addition, the conservation house in front makes the task of construction even harder and slower at the small site. I rest my case. This kind of people just want to find reasons to bring down other people condo so they can buy cheap cheap. It wont happen la.