PDA

View Full Version : The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

to the misled
27-10-08, 23:07
dark lanes? are you partially blind or your eyes not receptive to light? Plenty of street lighting everywhere and you call that dark? Sunset way has some of the nicest condos in singapore and if you have every heard of brookvale, it is 3km from and to the main road but people still live there. BH is merely 7min to the MRT and you call that far, you must be the typical pampered softie singaporean that needs everything at your doorstep. What a baby...

your minutes away is certainly very very misleading. residents will also have to walk through long dark lanes before they even see the main road. will you want to risk your family's security? if yes, then bh is definitely your choice. besides, this is not bh's thread. please go back to where you belong.

Go to hell
27-10-08, 23:08
who is selling it to you? what cow hide skin you have. BH is out of your league coz you belong to the suburbs all your life....
Go back to your bloody BH thread and stop talking cock here... No one here interested in BH or welcome you here... go to hell.

LOL, losing your head?
27-10-08, 23:36
A suburbian losing his head...LOL

Go back to your bloody BH thread and stop talking cock here... No one here interested in BH or welcome you here... go to hell.

Unregisteredwwww
27-10-08, 23:45

Err....this is TQ thread. Why r u guys posting BH nonsense here?

Buzzoff
27-10-08, 23:47
Yes, some unit had come down to 800+

Idiot Joe....go back to your BH thread. Why u got no biz isit?

28-10-08, 10:03
TQ going to TOP soon. So let's move on and talk about more constructive things rather than answering to nonsense from others. Just IGNORE all nonsensical postings.

Unregister
28-10-08, 10:21
wat so constructive bout TQ?
TQ going to TOP soon. So let's move on and talk about more constructive things rather than answering to nonsense from others. Just IGNORE all nonsensical postings.

vic
28-10-08, 10:39
wat so constructive bout TQ?

Whether constructive or not constructive is really non of ur bizz....TQ will be home to many of us here including me....we bought it cuz we like it. So pls buzz off.

With TOP coming up in March next yr...anyone know when we will get our key?? I believe it will be batch...blk 63 looks alittle slow.

Petrochemical odour
28-10-08, 10:50
I was walking in Sengkang area, a kind of strong smell attacked my nose. I suspected the smell came from North area because it came with the wind from North. I took MRT to Punggol. Just when I came out of the station, I could smell seriously offensive odour in the air. The smell is the same as that in Jurong area. I was familar with it because when I stayed at hall in NTU, the irrating stink visited us at times.

I later found out that the smell came from pasir gudang with a stretch of petrochemical plants at the shoreline. My relative in Seng Kang can't stand the smell and is planning to move out of the place...

ST article
28-10-08, 10:57
I found the following article in the Straits Times:

There has been much hype about the Government's recently-announced plans to make Punggol 21 a more vibrant estate.
However, I feel there is a more important matter that should be addressed — pollution from Pasir Gudang in Malaysia.
I used to live in Punggol and have experienced air pollution from Malaysia. A stretch of petrochemical plants lies just across the waterway from Punggol beach. These plants operate around the clock.
Toxic fumes from these plants, often seen in the form of enormous black clouds, constantly drift to our shores. The smell can become almost unbearable at night.
My wife and I used to have to cover our noses all the way from the basement carpark to our apartment due to the pungent smell of chemicals. Once inside our apartment, we had to shut our doors and windows as the fumes would drift into our home.
My wife and I often suffered from severe headaches and seldom enjoyed any fresh air despite living so close to the beach.
The National Environment Agency claimed that the pollution was within an acceptable level. However, I believe the fumes pose a health risk, as seen by the headaches my wife and I suffered. I hope the authorities can investigate this matter.
In addition to developing Punggol, the Government should also address the pollution issue. Now that I have moved to Bukit Batok, I am glad I do not have to tolerate the polluted air in Punggol anymore.

Petrochemical odour
28-10-08, 11:04
The following is taken from http://www.punggol.sg/forum/complaints/funny_smell-t4753.0.html

H2OSeekers

Funny Smell
« on: March 07, 2007, 11:59:47 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All,

Will be shifting to Punggol soon when my block completed. Have a friend living 3 junctions away Punggol MRT, he mentioned most nights there are a funny smell coming from the Senoko Chimneys. Took several trips down and realised there is a funny smell when the wind blowing inland. Spoken to MOE (Environment) awhile back expressing concern, no news from them. Anyone else experiencing this smell? Not sure if there are any long term health issues. Brought the flat because I told my family could do with a breath of fresh air, and not fumes from incinerated rubbish.

scubaparents

Re: Funny Smell
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 12:18:25 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
H20, yeah, sometimes I do get some foul smell but believe that's from the next door construction of Primary school opposite Edgedale Secondary School. Whom did your friend send the talk to in MOE? No response from them for how long already?
Guys, anyone knows whom in MOE to contact about such issues?

Chilliqueen

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 06:17:13 PM »

Same here, cos our hse windows faces the sea(i.e. Punggol end)..so when the wind blow inland the funny smell can get quite bad at certains night(yes, this smell only occur at night)..I noticed this smell had been going on for years liao..think that it's probably fm Pasir Gudang(M'sia industrial zone)..Do u noe that those industrial site that u saw opp to our Punggol seaside is actually Pasir Gudang..the funny smell could be emitted fm á palm tree oil factory there..just wild guess..cos to me it kinda smell like palm tree oil..n heard fm M'sian friend that there is really a palm tree oil factory there..

Alaska

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 10:33:21 PM »

those are pollution smell. I used to smell when I was working in Tuas.

Punggol is prone to pollution actually.

waterpoint

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 12:25:06 AM »

Huh, are we going to conplaint to the International body, just like we did for Indon case on the jungle fire, if the smell some from Malaysia?

Thought by thought and action by action ...

Chilliqueen

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 01:15:57 AM »

Just wrote an email feedback to MEWR(Ministry of the Environment & Water Resources)...FYI, they no longer called MOE liao..Well, hope that they will revert soon..
Actually, I am quite concern over this issue too..cos we all hav babies n young childrens here..who knows wat kind of air pollutants this is and to be prudence, it's better to feedback n let them find out wat causes it..
Thanks to H2Oseekers for highlighting...

H2OSeekers

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 07:15:33 AM »

It is apparently more prominent the higher and closer you are to the sea. At it's worse, there is an extremely strong kerosene smell. My friend staying on the 15th floor and when the smell was quite bad, his wife had sore throat, red eyes and rashes. I told him to report to the papers, but he say better not to, as he is planning to sell his flat asap because of the smell and afraid the value of the flat would drop. I am worried because my flat maybe ready in the year 2009. And having 2 kids, 12 floor high and even closer to the source, it is not going to be good. We chose Punggol because we thought the air was good, because of the closeness to Sea (aka like East Coast). But never knew we were at the mercy of Senoko chimnery, Malaysia Side Forever smoking chimnery and a shipyard.

Thanks Chilliqueen for cueing MEWR. Do post their findings online if possible.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 07:21:11 AM by H2OSeekers » Logged

Alaska

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 08:03:30 AM »

The government is trying to cover up this pollution problem. Because they are putting such high hopes on the Punggol development. They do not want in the end Punggol will be like Jurong West Extension flats.

This is a serious pollution problem. I think stay in D09, 10, 11 no such problem. No wonder property price is so expensive.

waterpoint

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 08:48:59 AM »

folks,
do you think it helps to bring it up as a group? I am in if most of us support group petition. Alternatively, I'll find an opportunity to attend the meet-the-citizen session and share with Peggy ...

28-10-08, 11:27
You must be the same idiot that posted the smell issue again. This is Buangkok & not Punggol. Go back to your HDB shithole and stop trying to talk down other property. U Agent??

Suburbia
28-10-08, 11:29
to all suburbians, this song is dedicated to you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEbikoW0Fn4

Unregˇstered
28-10-08, 13:03
The following is taken from http://www.punggol.sg/forum/complaints/funny_smell-t4753.0.html

folks,
do you think it helps to bring it up as a group? I am in if most of us support group petition. Alternatively, I'll find an opportunity to attend the meet-the-citizen session and share with Peggy ...
Aiyah!
Why say Punggol is Buangkok?
No kick leh!

Why not say J.B. is Buangkok?
J.B. has crime and polution.
Like that people will be more frightened what!

good food
28-10-08, 14:48
Whether constructive or not constructive is really non of ur bizz....TQ will be home to many of us here including me....we bought it cuz we like it. So pls buzz off.

With TOP coming up in March next yr...anyone know when we will get our key?? I believe it will be batch...blk 63 looks alittle slow.
not too sure about March TOP. went to eat at the kopitiam two weeks ago and saw that a lot of things still undone at Quartz. not too optimistic about early TOP.

anyway, the dinner at the Kopitiam was good. seems like they have good chefs there. after dinner, took a walk along the shops and found the place bustling with people. very lively. make me feel like being part of the community. oh, another thing, no smell at all. pity those who stayed at punggol then. too bad for them.

wrong guy
28-10-08, 15:17
there are many people in punggol, buangkok, seng kang and pasir ris talking about the petrochemical smell, it is not an isolated matter. Even this matter is reported in the press. i am surprised you are still in the well.

You must be the same idiot that posted the smell issue again. This is Buangkok & not Punggol. Go back to your HDB shithole and stop trying to talk down other property. U Agent??

Unregˇstered
28-10-08, 15:48
there are many people in punggol, buangkok, seng kang and pasir ris talking about the petrochemical smell, it is not an isolated matter. Even this matter is reported in the press. i am surprised you are still in the well.
Buangkok people has never talked about this smell cos' there is no smell in Buangkok. Show us the evidence before you talk cock again. Don't bullshit us from your well!

Flamer
29-10-08, 08:31
I stay in Sengkang...my family stays in Buangkok, and I have colleagues and friends staying in Punggol & pasir ris...we've never encountered any petrochemical smell before...

I think you are making erroneous references to the matter reported in the press....that was the kind of petrochemical smells that also turned up in other places, maybe due to gas leaks...

nobody making up
29-10-08, 09:57
nobody making up, it is a fact. U shud take a drive to punggol jetty, get familiarised with the smell first then see if u smell the same thing in buangkok. U probably dont even know how the petrochemical odour smells like or maybe u have already gotten used to it.
I stay in Sengkang...my family stays in Buangkok, and I have colleagues and friends staying in Punggol & pasir ris...we've never encountered any petrochemical smell before...

I think you are making erroneous references to the matter reported in the press....that was the kind of petrochemical smells that also turned up in other places, maybe due to gas leaks...

Regˇstered
29-10-08, 10:05
nobody making up, it is a fact. U shud take a drive to punggol jetty, get familiarised with the smell first then see if u smell the same thing in buangkok. U probably dont even know how the petrochemical odour smells like or maybe u have already gotten used to it.
Buangkok Drive is so far away from Punggol, how to smell the imaginary smell of Punggol?
Did you study geography in school?

Buangkok Drive is next to Hougang, why don't you say Hougang can smell Punggol air?
Areas that are nearer to Punggol than Buangkok Drive are Selatar, Jalan Kayu, Sengkang areas that are near Punggol, etc..

Anyway, if Punggol can smell your imaginary smell, Woodlands, Yishun, Pasir Ris, etc. would have been smelling it too.

We have already say goodbye to you. Now we need to say it again.

u have under-estimated
29-10-08, 10:09
u have under-estimated the air pollution. i drove to pasir ris, sengkang, hougang and sembawang and could even smell the same crap. we are talking about huge petrochemical clouds drifting from malaysia to singapore everyday, not an occasional affair. you better know what you are dealing with here...

Buangkok Drive is so far away from Punggol, how to smell the imaginary smell of Punggol?
Did you study geography in school?

Buangkok Drive is next to Hougang, why don't you say Hougang can smell Punggol air?
Areas that are nearer to Punggol than Buangkok Drive are Selatar, Jalan Kayu, Sengkang areas that are near Punggol, etc..

Anyway, if Punggol can smell your imaginary smell, Woodlands, Yishun, Pasir Ris, etc. would have been smelling it too.

We have already say goodbye to you. Now we need to say it again.

Question
29-10-08, 10:12
u have under-estimated the air pollution. i drove to pasir ris, sengkang, hougang and sembawang and could even smell the same crap. we are talking about huge petrochemical clouds drifting from malaysia to singapore everyday, not an occasional affair. you better know what you are dealing with here...
Can you smell this imaginary smell from your house?

Un
29-10-08, 10:26
all of you can argue until the cow comes home and there is no conclusion.

he said there is smell and we said no smell, so what for waste our time? if he believes that there is smell then so be it. so long as we have been there and know that there isn't, does it matter if he thinks there is?

TeaQueue
29-10-08, 23:35
dark lanes? are you partially blind or your eyes not receptive to light? Plenty of street lighting everywhere and you call that dark? Sunset way has some of the nicest condos in singapore and if you have every heard of brookvale, it is 3km from and to the main road but people still live there. BH is merely 7min to the MRT and you call that far, you must be the typical pampered softie singaporean that needs everything at your doorstep. What a baby...

BH is better than TQ in terms of the lease (it is 999 yrs).
Other than that, TQ is better, much more quiet and peaceful.

hantu
30-10-08, 00:06
any quieter than than BH, you will find hantu

BH is better than TQ in terms of the lease (it is 999 yrs).
Other than that, TQ is better, much more quiet and peaceful.

Cot
30-10-08, 11:46
I don't stay in Punggol, but its true that there may be stench at times when the wind blows. This is what I heard from my sister who stays in Punggol area. I don't think this is frequent, as I have been to her place many times, but never smell it before. And back to topic, I don't think it will go that far to Sengkang, Buangkok area. A fair point here..If the air is not good..IMH will not be located at Sengkang area. Good air is a need for patients.

Cot
30-10-08, 11:54
To be frank, I am surprise that such childish comments are found in a condo forum. Thought people who can afford are matured enough to give geninue and constructive comments rather than scolding and critising each other. Accept it if its geninue, by defending will not change the true fact. You are only deceiving yourself.

Curious
30-10-08, 12:24
To be frank, I am surprise that such childish comments are found in a condo forum. Thought people who can afford are matured enough to give geninue and constructive comments rather than scolding and critising each other. Accept it if its geninue, by defending will not change the true fact. You are only deceiving yourself.
Just curious.

So if you stand in Buangkok and there is no so-called-Punggol smell, what would you do?

Ignore the remark or comment that it is not true?

move on
30-10-08, 12:38
well, if it is genuine, of course no one will defend it. and precisely because it is NOT genuine, so the defence, understand?

but again, why bother to engage in these kinds of endless and meaningless debate when you know there is no endling?

so TQ owners, please move on and ignore such comments.

LA
30-10-08, 17:42
Hi future neighbours,

Just receive a draft quotation from my contractor, Maxpro Interior. Decide to hack down and tear 2 rooms into one. Pretty happy with the design.
Just a rough check, how much do u all intend to spend for reno though its base on individual.

TQ1
31-10-08, 07:50
Hi future neighbours,

Just receive a draft quotation from my contractor, Maxpro Interior. Decide to hack down and tear 2 rooms into one. Pretty happy with the design.
Just a rough check, how much do u all intend to spend for reno though its base on individual.

I don't intend to spend too much on the renovation. Budget around $20K. Don't think I will do any hacking.

Costs will be mainly for study table design and bed for common bedroom due to the limited space.

For master bedroom, just a simple deco at the bay window.

For living, laying of wooden plank and maybe a mountain for feng sui at the planter, and also to custom build a shoe rack at the entrance.

For the smaller common room, I will design it as a relax corner for games and music.

Hope to squeeze everything around $20k.

How about you guys?

imbeciledynasty
31-10-08, 09:54
Just curious, have you guys got your floor plan from the developer? If not what are your guys using when talking to your contractor?

kennt
31-10-08, 09:56
I don't intend to spend too much on the renovation. Budget around $20K. Don't think I will do any hacking.

Costs will be mainly for study table design and bed for common bedroom due to the limited space.

For living, laying of wooden plank and maybe a mountain for feng sui at the planter, and also to custom build a shoe rack at the entrance.

For the smaller common room, I will design it as a relax corner for games and music.

How about you guys?

Mine is only the TV console, lightings, bed frame for master bedroom and planks for planter. I think should be ard 15K. :)

LA
31-10-08, 11:54

How about you guys?

Hi TQ1,

Taking into consideration that kitchen, wardrobe, bathroom etc..etc.. is done up, you can use 20k to play with a lot of design. Also hoping to squeeze all in 20k.
We did an extension for the dining table(like a bar counter), with a rooftop for hanging wine, a big mirror at the dining area
- L-shape walk in wardrobe with a cabinet case in the centre n a music corner
- 3 cushion legde for 3 bedroom
and many more in the quotation. But some can only b quote on the spot.
really cant wait for the TOP to come

Are you building ur shoe rack in or outside of the house?

TQ1
31-10-08, 12:02
Hi TQ1,

Taking into consideration that kitchen, wardrobe, bathroom etc..etc.. is done up, you can use 20k to play with a lot of design. Also hoping to squeeze all in 20k.
We did an extension for the dining table(like a bar counter), with a rooftop for hanging wine, a big mirror at the dining area

Hi LA,

Sound great. Maybe want to copy a bit on your concept. Hee..Hee.

As for the shoe rack, it may be better to put it outside to maximize space. If that is the case, don't need to custom make already. Just buy from IKEA.

vic
31-10-08, 13:03
I juz went to 9 ID for quotation...hehe :doh:

Will be knocking the bedroom 3 wall down and making it a study cum PC room...will be doing up full glass panel. Custom shoe cabinets will be inside the shelter, wife wants it boutique style....not to mention a feature wall. Total budget 25K.

The budget u guys stated is excluding furnishing rite??

vic
31-10-08, 13:05
Hi TQ1,

Urs sound interesting....I talked to many ID and they said making a walkin wardrobe will be a challenge without combining bedroom 3 and materbedroom

TQ1
31-10-08, 13:37
I juz went to 9 ID for quotation...hehe :doh:

Will be knocking the bedroom 3 wall down and making it a study cum PC room...will be doing up full glass panel. Custom shoe cabinets will be inside the shelter, wife wants it boutique style....not to mention a feature wall. Total budget 25K.

The budget u guys stated is excluding furnishing rite??

My $20K budget is inclusive of furnishing as I will likely not do any hacking. Not spoken to any ID yet.

One question for LA. As mentioned by imbeciledynasty, do we need a dimensional floor plan for the ID (for planning purpose)?

vic
31-10-08, 13:46
My $20K budget is inclusive of furnishing as I will likely not do any hacking. Not spoken to any ID yet.

One question for LA. As mentioned by imbeciledynasty, do we need a dimensional floor plan for the ID (for planning purpose)?

Various ID i spoke to mentioned the floor plan given by the developer (light green paper) is quite accurate...good enuff for initial planning/drawing.

Hope this helps.

TQ1
31-10-08, 13:58
Various ID i spoke to mentioned the floor plan given by the developer (light green paper) is quite accurate...good enuff for initial planning/drawing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Vic. I think I will start by ID shopping probably in the year end school holiday. And also hope the TQ can be completed on time (by 17th Mar 09 as indicated at the construction site)

iridrium
31-10-08, 14:05
Hi TQ1,

Think if you are talking about shoe rack at the common area, I have to tell you that you are not allow to build any fix furniture in the common area, if you want to put movable "ikea-like" shoe rack, my advice is to do it after CSC. the interim MA is likely to strictly enforce the rules.

Unregˇstered
31-10-08, 14:32
Think if you are talking about shoe rack at the common area, I have to tell you that you are not allow to build any fix furniture in the common area, if you want to put movable "ikea-like" shoe rack, my advice is to do it after CSC. the interim MA is likely to strictly enforce the rules.
Wah lau! So strict meh?

LA
31-10-08, 16:08
Hi LA,

Sound great. Maybe want to copy a bit on your concept. Hee..Hee.

As for the shoe rack, it may be better to put it outside to maximize space. If that is the case, don't need to custom make already. Just buy from IKEA.

Great!! Let's not say copy but rather reference from each other. I just went to IFC today to get some idea n inspriation also.
Just to share some lobang. Me n my husband got few "benches" from novena warehouse today. 1 @ $99. Though u might think that it is too early to get it, but i think the "suede" bench @ such price is hard to find. Intend to put inside the master bathroom for deco purpose... haha.. Perhaps when about time to TOP, we can meet up in TQ to share more ideas n lobangs.
do visit www.renotalk.com for more reference. We get to learn a lot of things inside. Enjoy!

LA
31-10-08, 16:17
Urs sound interesting....I talked to many ID and they said making a walkin wardrobe will be a challenge without combining bedroom 3 and materbedroom

Hi Vic!! Hi-5 to u!! Finally got someone who shared the walkin wardrobe concept. If you really can trust me though we knew each other from internet, but you can approach my ID, david (90068441). He is v responsible, gd finishing n honest pricing. He'll listen and understand ur standard of living n expectation. So far, he has done up numerous of my customers projects, shops n houses. All thumbs up for his servies n fine worksmenship. u can dun mention my name n just request for quotation.
He has designed a draft walk-in wardrobe n we love it. Details will only finalise upon TOP.

LA
31-10-08, 16:28
Just curious, have you guys got your floor plan from the developer? If not what are your guys using when talking to your contractor?

Hi,

All shld hv gotten a copy of floor plan when we bought the house. Its a stack of top view dimensional drawing . Just in case you dun have, you may go to the showroom n get from the agents there.
If you pass it to ur ID, he will know the dimension. Think its 1:100. My contractor already helped to draft out most of the dimension cos he knows we do a lot of "shopping" just in case we need to confirm certain furniture with now n then home exhibition n comex in Dec.

LA
31-10-08, 16:37

You may refer to my reply to imbiciledynasty, if ur contractor is nice, he'll help to put in the draft drawing the size n dimension of furniture u might want to get before you get the house.
But beside 2 small benche i got today, the rest not buying till we get the house though its v tempting with so many beautiful furnitures outside. Already got experience from my previous home that some things we bought b4 hand does not come in use n not suitable.

LA
31-10-08, 16:40

Hi Iridrium,

Thanks for ur info. Will take note!

TQ63
03-11-08, 12:59
Hi TQ1,

Hi TQ1 and LA,

For the 3 cushion ledge for 3 bedroom can be custom made by the contractor too?
I wanted to custom made a shoe cabinet too but think the space is limited even outside the common. :D

TQ63
03-11-08, 13:01
Hi Vic!! Hi-5 to u!! Finally got someone who shared the walkin wardrobe concept. If you really can trust me though we knew each other from internet, but you can approach my ID, david (90068441). He is v responsible, gd finishing n honest pricing. He'll listen and understand ur standard of living n expectation. So far, he has done up numerous of my customers projects, shops n houses. All thumbs up for his servies n fine worksmenship. u can dun mention my name n just request for quotation.
He has designed a draft walk-in wardrobe n we love it. Details will only finalise upon TOP.

Hi LA,

Will try your ID too. Tks.;)

LA
03-11-08, 21:48
Hi TQ1 and LA,

For the 3 cushion ledge for 3 bedroom can be custom made by the contractor too?
I wanted to custom made a shoe cabinet too but think the space is limited even outside the common. :D

Hi TQ 63,

The 3 bedroom ledge definitely has to b custom made(think actual is just covered with ceramic??). It can b done n design by ID.
For me, I'm putting most shoes in the storeroom(save $ n space).

Not to mention recommending my designer to u. Good things are meant to share... haha...

Unregistered999
05-11-08, 17:17
I found the following article in the Straits Times:

There has been much hype about the Government's recently-announced plans to make Punggol 21 a more vibrant estate.
However, I feel there is a more important matter that should be addressed — pollution from Pasir Gudang in Malaysia.
I used to live in Punggol and have experienced air pollution from Malaysia. A stretch of petrochemical plants lies just across the waterway from Punggol beach. These plants operate around the clock.
Toxic fumes from these plants, often seen in the form of enormous black clouds, constantly drift to our shores. The smell can become almost unbearable at night.
My wife and I used to have to cover our noses all the way from the basement carpark to our apartment due to the pungent smell of chemicals. Once inside our apartment, we had to shut our doors and windows as the fumes would drift into our home.
My wife and I often suffered from severe headaches and seldom enjoyed any fresh air despite living so close to the beach.
The National Environment Agency claimed that the pollution was within an acceptable level. However, I believe the fumes pose a health risk, as seen by the headaches my wife and I suffered. I hope the authorities can investigate this matter.
In addition to developing Punggol, the Government should also address the pollution issue. Now that I have moved to Bukit Batok, I am glad I do not have to tolerate the polluted air in Punggol anymore.

If this is really a big problem for you, you shouldn't move to west area either.
There are also many plants in Jurong, which is also near to Bukit Batok.

Unregˇstered
05-11-08, 21:41
If this is really a big problem for you, you shouldn't move to west area either.
There are also many plants in Jurong, which is also near to Bukit Batok.
He can tolerate the Jurong smoke but Johor smoke although they are the same.

TQinterested
05-11-08, 23:30
Hi,

Am interested to buy unit at TQ but prices asked for are still too high. Developer today has launched pre TOP special (12% rebate + stamp duty absorption) but a lot of owners are still asking for sky high prices looking to profit.

Would need a place by 2H'09 so am still ok to wait.
Am willing to start considering at below 550psf.
If you have a unit for subsale and would like to subsale, pls do email at [email protected]
Thanks.

TQ_wat the heck...
06-11-08, 07:10
Hi,

Am interested to buy unit at TQ but prices asked for are still too high. Developer today has launched pre TOP special (12% rebate + stamp duty absorption) but a lot of owners are still asking for sky high prices looking to profit.

If you have a unit for subsale and would like to subsale, pls do email at [email protected]
Thanks.

Hi Interested buyer. Since you like the location so far. I will give my recommendation. There are a few buildings next to The Quartz that has very nice exterior facade like Condo style de.....and they are going for subsales below 550psf. You can try them. If interested, please email to [email protected].

I wan too
06-11-08, 09:45
below $550psf...I think about 2 yrs ago...when they 1st launch. Before all the inflation and increase in sand, construction material.

Now?? With TOP coming soon??

Face the music pls...very hard liao lah. Think about it, at below $550 psf...u r looking at a unit e.g. 1066 sqf at selling price of approx 580K. Cheaper than a new unit from HDB's The Pinnacle @ Dexton?? or Cityview@Boon Keng??

At ur asking price...u should be looking at HDB's EC

Even spect doing fire sale will not sell at that price.

pq
06-11-08, 10:56
below $550psf...I think about 2 yrs ago...when they 1st launch. Before all the inflation and increase in sand, construction material.

Now?? With TOP coming soon??

Face the music pls...very hard liao lah. Think about it, at below $550 psf...u r looking at a unit e.g. 1066 sqf at selling price of approx 580K. Cheaper than a new unit from HDB's The Pinnacle @ Dexton?? or Cityview@Boon Keng??

At ur asking price...u should be looking at HDB's EC

Even spect doing fire sale will not sell at that price.
that's why "TQ_wat the heck..." was proposing to him to take ECs near to TQ.

Interested
06-11-08, 11:00
Hi Interested buyer. Since you like the location so far. I will give my recommendation. There are a few buildings next to The Quartz that has very nice exterior facade like Condo style de.....and they are going for subsales below 550psf. You can try them. If interested, please email to [email protected].
$550psf? Are you the seller?
I am very keen.

The Rivervale, the 8-year-old EC, which is further from the MRT, is selling at around $500psf.

Gary Lee (ERA) 9225 2221
06-11-08, 12:43
Dear owners and interested parties on The quartz.

I have a unit #08-02 available for sale!
Pool facing.
3 bedroom.
1163sq feet
Asking: $800k

Call Gary(ERA) 9225 2221 for a discussion today!

I like TQ
06-11-08, 13:21
Hi,

Thanks.

12% rebate + stamp duty absorption Pre TOP sales launched today? it's better offer than the 8% few months ago.

not sure still got good unit or not? anyone know. im interested too. to get $550 below for TQ is hard. $600 i will take already.

TQ 123
06-11-08, 22:57
12% rebate + stamp duty absorption Pre TOP sales launched today? it's better offer than the 8% few months ago.

not sure still got good unit or not? anyone know. im interested too. to get $550 below for TQ is hard. $600 i will take already.

Be realistic....I don't think you can get this price now. EC maybe.

URA
06-11-08, 23:06
Be realistic....I don't think you can get this price now. EC maybe.

Caveats Lodge :

THE QUARTZ COMPASSVALE BOW Condominium 1 830,000 1,367 607 Oct-08
THE QUARTZ COMPASSVALE BOW Condominium 1 837,000 1,206 694 Oct-08

Unregˇstered
07-11-08, 00:34
Caveats Lodge :

THE QUARTZ COMPASSVALE BOW Condominium 1 830,000 1,367 607 Oct-08
THE QUARTZ COMPASSVALE BOW Condominium 1 837,000 1,206 694 Oct-08
I know the 2 caveats above are lodged in October 2008. But which transactions are they for? Are they for a transaction done 2 years ago, 1 year ago, or 2 weeks ago?

Listing them down with their lodge date has no meaning. You need to know when that transaction happened.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
The Quartz ....... OCR ....... 6 ............................... 841 ................ 738 ............... 694

OMG!
TQ has just broken its August record high of $832psf with a new record high of $841psf.
What's going on?

Regˇstered
07-11-08, 20:52
I know the 2 caveats above are lodged in October 2008. But which transactions are they for? Are they for a transaction done 2 years ago, 1 year ago, or 2 weeks ago?

Listing them down with their lodge date has no meaning. You need to know when that transaction happened.
$841psf. Cool!

Happy 1st Home
07-11-08, 22:56
o please....... TQ is fully pte... near MRT... near 24hr NTUC... near school..
gosh what else can u ask for?

anything less than 750 is almost impossible.

unless u'r so damn lucky and can get someone to sell u off any price below that.....

well good luck searching.

*my best decision is to buy TQ*

Rivervale
08-11-08, 15:12
Why is the near by condo Rivervale going at such low prices ? Spoiling the market.

I am trying to sell my TQ unit but agent having difficulty finding a buyer. Said its easier to sell the "cheap executive condos" in this area.

Need to dispose off my unit before TOP. Hopefully market will turn soon.

BUYER1
08-11-08, 16:23
Why is the near by condo Rivervale going at such low prices ? Spoiling the market.

I am trying to sell my TQ unit but agent having difficulty finding a buyer. Said its easier to sell the "cheap executive condos" in this area.

Then, post your contact in this forum so that it reaches out to more potential buyer lor.

BUYER2
08-11-08, 19:25

Which stack and how much are you selling?

quartz
08-11-08, 22:12
Hi there, personally, i think that Quartz is going to be a great place to live in.....

btw.... any friends out there who have bought blk 57?

Unregistered1234
08-11-08, 22:25
Hi there, personally, i think that Quartz is going to be a great place to live in.....

btw.... any friends out there who have bought blk 57?

Totally agree.

just not value for money :P

What?
09-11-08, 00:20

Are you stupid or what?

The Rivervale is more than 8-year-old. TQ is not even TOP. It is also further away from MRT station than TQ. Of course, it is much cheaper than TQ.

Have some common sense please!

Unregˇstered
09-11-08, 00:23
Are you stupid or what?

The Rivervale is more than 8-year-old. TQ is not even TOP. It is also further away from MRT station than TQ. Of course, it is much cheaper than TQ.

Taking into consideration the above factors,
with TR selling around $500psf,
TQ should sell around $750psf.

Unregisteredx
09-11-08, 08:52
Are you stupid or what?

I totally agree with this.
On the first point, rather than highlighting that it its 8 yrs old, I would rather empashize the fact that the remaining lease is now reduced to 91 yrs.
So it is now 91 yrs condo instead of 99 yrs condo.

dont buy yet
09-11-08, 09:36
dont buy anything yet, be it TC, TR, KV, RV etc..the economy is going to get worst. Buy now and you'll see immeadiate loss, why do it?

Unregistered6
09-11-08, 16:29
dont buy anything yet, be it TC, TR, KV, RV etc..the economy is going to get worst. Buy now and you'll see immeadiate loss, why do it?Absolutely, but still so many "property hero" around us buying in this crisis period. Why??????? they keep on making the transacted price at overprice.

Unregˇstered
09-11-08, 16:35
dont buy anything yet, be it TC, TR, KV, RV etc..the economy is going to get worst. Buy now and you'll see immeadiate loss, why do it?
It's your opinion and assumption. We strongly disagree! In fact, we strongly believe that HDB prices would continue to remain very firm. Why? Put yourself in the shoes of the caretakers and you will know why. Just ask yourself what would you do if you are in their shoes.

Regˇstered
09-11-08, 16:43
It's your opinion and assumption. We strongly disagree! In fact, we strongly believe that HDB prices would continue to remain very firm. Why? Put yourself in the shoes of the caretakers and you will know why. Just ask yourself what would you do if you are in their shoes.
Ignore them lah!
TQ so cheap yet they keep shouting overpriced!
What they want? HDB price?

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2008

Project Name ..... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Kovan Residences . OCR ....... 4 ............................... 964 ................ 940 ............... 860

Wow!
KR has just broken August record high of $954psf with this new record high of $964psf.
Bravo!

Property Hunter
09-11-08, 19:40

You may be right, but there is also risk that you have to manage, risk of losing the opportunity to buy your choice units if you defer.
Surely, you don't only see the price when buying property, but also whether you personally like the unit or not.

Another risk if you decide to defer buying property is the remaining lease itself. For example, if you buy TQ 2 yrs later, that mean you get 97 yr of lease instead of 99 yr.

So I think it really requires balancing act to make a good buy.

Unregistered1234
09-11-08, 21:55
This is the first time i hear this logic, buying 2 years later,you get 2 year less in the lease ?? AND this is a risk ???? If this is a concern, why buy 99 year at the first place ?? You stay in there for 2 years, you get 2 year less in the lease.

The lease matters when you try to sell the property in future, that is why people have this concerns when they buy 99 year LH.

99 year leasehold is always a risk to buy. what make it better now than before to buy a 99 year leasehold is because, there has been cases of enbloc on 99 year leasehold now. BUT this usually applies to 99 LH at good location and upward adjustment in plot ratio. Of course, if the invested property is in a potential location, and the location becomes popular, the price of 99LH will also appreciate. Other than the above, buying 99LH is a risk itself.

You may be right, but there is also risk that you have to manage, risk of losing the opportunity to buy your choice units if you defer.
Surely, you don't only see the price when buying property, but also whether you personally like the unit or not.

Another risk if you decide to defer buying property is the remaining lease itself. For example, if you buy TQ 2 yrs later, that mean you get 97 yr of lease instead of 99 yr.

Logic
09-11-08, 22:13
"Buy the quartz 2 years later, you get 97 yrs of lease instaed of 99 yr". Very Clever???!!!

Consider those HDB in AMK & Toa Payoh etc, some of them is already more than 25 years old, yet resale price is still increasing over the year. Why?

Logically, as lease decreases, price decreases. Ironically, its the other way around. Why??

This is because inorder to protect the asset value of HDB owner and maintain the property sector stable, HDB will have to increase the selling price of new flats. This is to balance the resale price of HDB. Eg, 5Rm Flats in Duxton selling at around 600k from HDB. This reflects the resale price around that area.

If 5Rm Flats in Duxton is selling below market, ie 400k, the whole resale market will plunge, affecting the whole real estate market in Singapore.

The problem is New Flats will be getting more and more expensive over the years. What to do ?! Its for the scholars in HDB to think.

Conclusion is "Dont Worry, Be Happy". Government is taking care of everything. Life is short, buy if you can afford.

haiz!!!
10-11-08, 01:18
i really dont understand what the problem is.

For owners, if you like the place, who cares what other people say?

For people interested, think for yourself lah! if you like the place or think it is worth the price, then buy.

For people who think its not worth it or think it is too expensive, just dont buy and buy somewhere else.

I really dont understand what the fuss is all about.

BTW, i am an owner.

Kenshinto
10-11-08, 06:23
i really dont understand what the problem is.

For owners, if you like the place, who cares what other people say?

For people interested, think for yourself lah! if you like the place or think it is worth the price, then buy.

For people who think its not worth it or think it is too expensive, just dont buy and buy somewhere else.

I really dont understand what the fuss is all about.

BTW, i am an owner.

Those people think that they are property experts and they can accurately predict market trends. And since US is in recession, this group of "Heroes" think that property prices is way now over price. They are waiting to snap up The Quartz when it drop to below $450psf or even HDB prices. To them, a private property in times of crisis should be around HDB prices. That is why they are called Heroes.

owner of TQ
10-11-08, 09:47
this forums is getting out of ways.... properties agents from all over coming in to dis or promote a place.... why do that. if the development is great, people would buy.
just hope this forums would have more owners rather then agents to talk craps here.
if you like it and can afford... buy lah...
every place got pros and cons. if no money, buy HDB... if got a little more... buy suburbia condos.... got money, buy premier condo... freaking rich, go stay in sentosa.... :)

follow your hearts, not the craps in this forums. :)

Unregˇstered
10-11-08, 10:49
this forums is getting out of ways.... properties agents from all over coming in to dis or promote a place.... why do that. if the development is great, people would buy.
just hope this forums would have more owners rather then agents to talk craps here.
if you like it and can afford... buy lah...
every place got pros and cons. if no money, buy HDB... if got a little more... buy suburbia condos.... got money, buy premier condo... freaking rich, go stay in sentosa.... :)

follow your hearts, not the craps in this forums. :)
Ha ha! Well said!

Unregisteredagent
10-11-08, 15:17
All this kind of postings are from agents. They wanna talk down other property to put fear into potential buyer and then try to market their own product.

Logic2
10-11-08, 19:35
"Buy the quartz 2 years later, you get 97 yrs of lease instaed of 99 yr". Very Clever???!!!

Consider those HDB in AMK & Toa Payoh etc, some of them is already more than 25 years old, yet resale price is still increasing over the year. Why?

Logically, as lease decreases, price decreases. Ironically, its the other way around. Why??

Because the inflation help to move up the price (thanks to good economic development Govt put in place).
So "the lease" decrease the price whereas "the inflation" increase the price.

But no matter what, the lease factor will surely win because it is something definite that the remaining lease will constanly decreasing and eventually 0.
It's just really a matter of time.

quartz
10-11-08, 22:44
Agree. If you like the place than buy it......

BTW, i am an owner.

Haiz!!!
11-11-08, 01:55
Those people think that they are property experts and they can accurately predict market trends. And since US is in recession, this group of "Heroes" think that property prices is way now over price. They are waiting to snap up The Quartz when it drop to below $450psf or even HDB prices. To them, a private property in times of crisis should be around HDB prices. That is why they are called Heroes.

So, let these predictors predict what they want.
No one knows for certain what will happen in the future.

So what if their predictions are true, can we stop them from snapping up The Quartz?
So what if their predictions dont come true, will we be there to say to their face "See!! told you so!!"

Why let them bother us? Maybe they can influence some buyers, but not all of the potential buyers. Do they have the power to influence the market? I think not.

So, to forum readers, owners, would-be owners, interested parties and critics,
Why bother? Say your piece, say what you think, and forget about it. There is really no need to have the last say. Are there any prizes for winning the argument?

Dont let it affect you, it is just a forum.

Run road
11-11-08, 01:58
Are you stupid or what?

You are right. TQ will also lose value fast(from current levels) after TOP. New owners can watch the depreciation. Soon it will be competing with Rivervale. There is nothing special about this location and its the same story for all condos in SengKang. Alright for living, but poor for investment.

Run Road
11-11-08, 02:10

yes sure..
Condo lease is 8% down and price down 33% !!!
At that rate TR will be worthless in 25 years.

Similar depreciation model would apply for TQ.

Any TQ owners looking to sell in future will be breaking into a sweat :-)

Agito1
11-11-08, 07:29
yes sure..
Condo lease is 8% down and price down 33% !!!
At that rate TR will be worthless in 25 years.

Similar depreciation model would apply for TQ.

Any TQ owners looking to sell in future will be breaking into a sweat :-)

Everyone knows what you are trying to do here. This says a lot about your character. I pity your family and friends to have known such a person with such character traits.

Unregistered1234
11-11-08, 10:08
You are right. TQ will also lose value fast(from current levels) after TOP. New owners can watch the depreciation. Soon it will be competing with Rivervale. There is nothing special about this location and its the same story for all condos in SengKang. Alright for living, but poor for investment.

Good advise is hard to swallow... Can't agree more on this.

Agito1
11-11-08, 11:12
Good advise is hard to swallow... Can't agree more on this.
hahaha.....why got so many Gei Kian "experts" around? You can go swallow ur own Bana**.......there was also a time when many people say behind LKY'back that Singapore will fail. Talk is cheap.

Analyst 1
11-11-08, 11:54

90% of owner here is for living and not for investment. Also dont forget the majority of the owners here bought in 2006 when PSF was hovering ard $510 psf. Now DBSS is selling at $550psf.

TQ will go in tandem with HDB resale price being a sub-urban condo. Price will be stable. No doubt abt it.

What?
11-11-08, 13:02
hahaha.....why got so many Gei Kian "experts" around? You can go swallow ur own Bana**.......there was also a time when many people say behind LKY'back that Singapore will fail. Talk is cheap.
Wah! How come LKY is mentioned here?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/388725/1/.html

MM Lee believes property values will continue to rise in long term

By Pearl Forss, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 09 November 2008 2341 hrs

SINGAPORE: VIPs including Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew had the chance to tour The Pinnacle@Duxton on Sunday, and they were impressed by what they saw.

All seven blocks at The Pinnacle are linked by sky-bridges.

On the top-most 50th storey is a sky garden with breathtaking views of the cityscape. HDB names it "The Contemplative Zone".

On the 26th storey, there is an 800-metre long jogging track as well as fitness centres.

The Pinnacle has the highest HDB blocks in Singapore. Prices are similarly high for late buyers.

When it went on sale in 2004, 4-room flats cost $288,400 to $392,100 and 5-roomers cost $343,100 to $451,100.

428 units were offered for sale in September 2008, and this time 4-room flats cost $450,000 to $550,000 while 5-room flats cost $550,000 to over $600,000.

The Pinnacle has 1,848 units in total.

HDB says the flats still cost less than what nearby flats are fetching on the resale market.

5-room flats in the vicinity cost $593,000 to $670,000.

Minister Mentor Lee said property values are bound to go up in the long run because the government is continuously building more infrastructure and attracting higher-value investments that provide higher wages to employees.

- CNA/ir

vic
11-11-08, 13:10
90% of owner here is for living and not for investment. Also dont forget the majority of the owners here bought in 2006 when PSF was hovering ard $510 psf. Now DBSS is selling at $550psf.

TQ will go in tandem with HDB resale price being a sub-urban condo. Price will be stable. No doubt abt it.

very true indeed...I dun know why ppl keep posting all these "price drop" "sure loose $" issue here...I bought TQ to stay not to speculate. Happy with my choice so far.

Can pls post more substantial issue....e.g. Any change to TOP date. Keep all these childish post away pls.

chang
11-11-08, 13:43

Just got TQ yesterday. Some pple just got too much to say... we got $$$ to buy a place to stay but these losers still want to comment so much... they probably have no $$$ so say bad things about TQ...

chang
11-11-08, 13:53

you no money dun talk so much... pple got $$$ to throw... LOSER

Analyst 2
11-11-08, 13:55
........Market players said the outlook for Singapore's property sector may be hazy in the short term, but the prospects still look bright beyond 2010. They said that is because Singapore has plans in place that will help to create jobs and boost the economy. - CNA/ms

Unregˇstered
11-11-08, 14:00
........Market players said the outlook for Singapore's property sector may be hazy in the short term, but the prospects still look bright beyond 2010. They said that is because Singapore has plans in place that will help to create jobs and boost the economy. - CNA/ms
... 500 eyeing 480 DBSS units so far ... err ... not cheap leh ...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/388925/1/.html

Demand for and prices of public housing flats expected to stay resilient

By Wong Siew Ying, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 10 November 2008 2054 hrs

SINGAPORE : The demand for and prices of public housing flats are expected to remain fairly resilient despite the economic downturn. Market watchers said this applies to both resale and new units.

Close to 9,000 people have visited the Natura Loft showflat since it was launched for sale on October 31.

Its developer, Qingjian Realty, has already received 500 applications, mostly for four-room units there. But only 480 units are being offered, and these are going for between S$450 and S$570 per square foot.

Sales will close on November 15 and Qingjian expects demand for the new flats to be robust. Natura Loft is the Housing and Development Board's fourth condo-style public housing project.

Similarly, interest for public resale flats has not slowed. Property agents said the number of viewings for resale units jumped by 15 per cent in the last six weeks.

Eric Cheng, executive director, HSR Property Consultants, said: "I did an interview with one of the consumers, they were sharing with me that 'In today's market, I don't know how long my job will last, so to safeguard, I would rather go for subsidised (a) house, that is HDB, because how low could HDB go, HDB houses always will have a valuation to support the base value of the units'."

Market watchers expect prices of resale flats to grow by about 4 per cent in the fourth quarter, slightly slower than the third quarter - which saw a 4.2 per cent growth.

ERA real estate agency projects price growth in the HDB resale flats segment to be at between 15 and 17 per cent for the whole of 2008. And it also said it is going to be a buyer's market for now, due to the challenging economic conditions.

Eugene Lim, associate director, ERA Asia Pacific, said: "Most of the buyers will start their negotiations at below valuation... by and large, most of the deals are pretty realistic nowadays, and cash over valuation very rarely will be more than S$40,000 to S$50,000. ... the days of S$100,000 or S$120,000 cash over valuation... are over."

Market players said the outlook for Singapore's property sector may be hazy in the short term, but the prospects still look bright beyond 2010. They said that is because Singapore has plans in place that will help to create jobs and boost the economy. - CNA/ms

CondoTQ
11-11-08, 14:18
... 500 eyeing 480 DBSS units so far ... err ... not cheap leh ...

Exactly....a decent unit of 1100sqf should cost you ard $627K ! Best part...it is still HDB and MRT is not even close. Juz don't understand why ppl still say TQ is ex.

Agito1
11-11-08, 16:11
Exactly....a decent unit of 1100sqf should cost you ard $627K ! Best part...it is still HDB and MRT is not even close. Juz don't understand why ppl still say TQ is ex.

Yup. Agreed. Those suckers want to think that TQ will drop below $500K because of the "recession" and then maybe prices will drop below HDB.

chang
11-11-08, 17:58
Yup. Agreed. Those suckers want to think that TQ will drop below $500K because of the "recession" and then maybe prices will drop below HDB.

cant agree more... those pple keep saying the flats opp. is nice... yah rite... they will have pool view... view of our pool in TQ...

How much
11-11-08, 18:14
Just got TQ yesterday. Some pple just got too much to say... we got $$$ to buy a place to stay but these losers still want to comment so much... they probably have no $$$ so say bad things about TQ...

How much did you pay for your unit?
Which block/facing?

kennt
11-11-08, 22:03
cant agree more... those pple keep saying the flats opp. is nice... yah rite... they will have pool view... view of our pool in TQ...

Welcome Chang to TQ. We have many registered forumers here that will discuss constructive topics. You just need to ignore nonsence post by some un-registered ones. Alternatively you can PM some of us if you have any question.

Anyway, I think those HDB cannot see our pool, unless from a lower floor and with 45 degree angle. :)

Unregˇstered
12-11-08, 10:52
TQ or TR or T-whatever, please remember to negotiate for lower-interest-rate loan.

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/mast_home.gif
Sibor Falls To 4-year Low
The Straits Times
Wednesday, 12 November 2008

http://www.hotvictory.com/hvlist/gallery/515.jpg

The all-important interest rate at which banks lend funds to one another has nosedived to 0.89% - its lowest level since mid-2004.

This is likely to be good news for many home owners, who are set to enjoy lower mortgage rates soon. Rates on other consumer loans may also fall.

But the outlook is not so good for investors holding fixed deposits - as their interest rates are likely to fall as well. And businesses big and small will not necessarily get a flow-on benefit of lower borrowing costs.

Low interest High risk
12-11-08, 11:17
Low interest rate doesnt mean you borrow more than you can afford.

Dont fall into the low interest trap. These interest rates will spike up fast in a couple of years.

vic
12-11-08, 15:16
Gd time to do refinancing now...go for the 12 mth Sibor.

Anxious
12-11-08, 21:57
Hi any idea when The Quartz will TOP?? cant wait to move in!!

Unregistered1
13-11-08, 07:02
Hi any idea when The Quartz will TOP?? cant wait to move in!!

As mentioned in the recent advertisement on TQ, expected TOP will be in Q2 09 (Anytime from beginning Apr to end Jun).

Construction will finish by 17th Mar 09. Typical TOP inspection may take about 2-3 months depending on the inspection progress. Thus the likely TOP will be May/Jun 09. Key collection will take about 1 month. Renovation will take another 2 to 4 weeks depending on the complexity of the renovation.

Thus, the best estimated date of shifting in will be by Jul/Aug 09.

If you have a HDB to sell, you should start to doing so by Jan/Feb 09. Assuming it takes 1 to 2 months to find the buyer and about 4 months for completion.

Unregistered1
13-11-08, 07:19
Gd time to do refinancing now...go for the 12 mth Sibor.

Hi Vic,

As per your knowledge in interest rate, do you know which bank offering the best rate? Presently, my loan is securred with UOB offering floating rate of 3.5%.

Thanks

ez
13-11-08, 07:43
As mentioned in the recent advertisement on TQ, expected TOP will be in Q2 09 (Anytime from beginning Apr to end Jun).

Construction will finish by 17th Mar 09. Typical TOP inspection may take about 2-3 months depending on the inspection progress. Thus the likely TOP will be May/Jun 09. Key collection will take about 1 month. Renovation will take another 2 to 4 weeks depending on the complexity of the renovation.

Thus, the best estimated date of shifting in will be by Jul/Aug 09.

If you have a HDB to sell, you should start to doing so by Jan/Feb 09. Assuming it takes 1 to 2 months to find the buyer and about 4 months for completion.
thank you for your advice. think i will start selling my hdb this month.

Unregistered1
13-11-08, 07:47

I already sold mine. Are you also staying in the North East?

vic
13-11-08, 09:31
Hi Vic,

As per your knowledge in interest rate, do you know which bank offering the best rate? Presently, my loan is securred with UOB offering floating rate of 3.5%.

Thanks

I juz did my refinancing...well not the lowest but still substantial saving.

I did mine with the same bank, juz need to pay $500. If I redo it with another bank will need to pay penalty, lawyer fee etc etc. Which adds up to not much saving in the end.

So u need to do your maths and consider the options...not which bank gives u the lowest.

U oso need to consider ur needs...i.e. r u going to sell off the property in few yrs time? or will u be paying partial repayment in this 2-3 yrs? The above two pts will affect what type of loan u sign and will affect the rates too.

Taking into current econo situation...the rate can only go up. So this will be a good time to do refinancing.

Take a look at the sibor rates on this site:

http://www.homeloan.com.sg/

ez
13-11-08, 09:32
I already sold mine. Are you also staying in the North East?
yes, in the northeast. you just sold yours? some of the TQ owners here have sold their hdbs many months back.

Unregistered1
13-11-08, 10:42
yes, in the northeast. you just sold yours? some of the TQ owners here have sold their hdbs many months back.

Yes. I just sold mine. Will need to vacant my flat around Mar09. Hope TQ can TOP ASAP.

Unregistered1
13-11-08, 10:44
I juz did my refinancing...well not the lowest but still substantial saving.

I did mine with the same bank, juz need to pay $500. If I redo it with another bank will need to pay penalty, lawyer fee etc etc. Which adds up to not much saving in the end.

So u need to do your maths and consider the options...not which bank gives u the lowest.

U oso need to consider ur needs...i.e. r u going to sell off the property in few yrs time? or will u be paying partial repayment in this 2-3 yrs? The above two pts will affect what type of loan u sign and will affect the rates too.

Taking into current econo situation...the rate can only go up. So this will be a good time to do refinancing.

Take a look at the sibor rates on this site:

http://www.homeloan.com.sg/

Thanks for your input. BTW, I plan to stay TQ for around 2-3 years. By then, will keep for rental purpose if the rates are good at that time.

I will do my research for the rates that suit me. Cheers.

Unregˇstered
13-11-08, 12:36
Hi Vic,

Thanks
Why not UOB at floating 2.5%?

vic
13-11-08, 12:40
Why not UOB at floating 2.5%?

its indivdual choice...some ppl willing to take the risk and take floating rate...while others like me like certainty and take up 12mth sibor.

Loan Issue
13-11-08, 12:50
its indivdual choice...some ppl willing to take the risk and take floating rate...while others like me like certainty and take up 12mth sibor.

Hi Vic, I bought TQ last year and has opt for UOB as well. I'm given the option to change my plan (floating or fixed) upon collection of keys. May I ask if I can do it now so that I can logged in the current interest rate? But my loan will only start upon TOP, will the bank do it for me? Also, i'm not able to decide my actual load amount as I might retain my current property. Hope anyone can advise me :)

vic
13-11-08, 13:01
Hi Vic, I bought TQ last year and has opt for UOB as well. I'm given the option to change my plan (floating or fixed) upon collection of keys. May I ask if I can do it now so that I can logged in the current interest rate? But my loan will only start upon TOP, will the bank do it for me? Also, i'm not able to decide my actual load amount as I might retain my current property. Hope anyone can advise me :)

Seems ur case is not a straight forward case of normal property loan...best person to talk to will be UOB themselves. :D

Important thing is if u decide to refinance now (if your current loan allows) ask them to lock in on this mth interest rate....cuz even if u sign the refinancing or u complete the refinancing after dec they will still offer u this mth rate. Normally will take more than 1 mth to complete the whole thing.

Some banks will push u to sign the refinancing letter....dun hurry...take ur time and do ur own calculation. Afterall its ur own $.

Unregˇstered
13-11-08, 13:08
HDB DBSS flat is still cheaper than Jurong $1,000psf condo lah!

To all condo owners in Jurong West,

Congrats to all of us. The $1000 psf price has come to town!

Saw this advert on the new development at Lakeside by Frasers Centrepoint.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/254296/for-sale-lakeside-new-project

The Rivervale Specialist
13-11-08, 14:20
Immediate Buyers & Tenants
for
The Rivervale

Urgent
Immediate tenants willing to pay High $$$$ for your house.

Urgent
Immediate buyers willing to pay High $$$$ for your house.

If you are planning to SELL/LEASE/BUY, please call me for a discussion now at HP 9452-2201. No obligation.

Recent Transacted Units
October 2008 ...... 1,335sqft .. $640,000
October 2008 ...... 1,270sqft .. $560,000
October 2008 ...... 1,259sqft .. $620,000
September 2008 .. 1,302sqft .. $635,000
September 2008 .. 1,302sqft .. $618,000
September 2008 .. 1,249sqft .. $595,000
August 2008 ........ 1,292sqft .. $620,000
August 2008 ........ 1,259sqft .. $605,000

Recent Unit Leased Out
September 2008 .. 1,313sqft .. $2,500
August 2008 ........ 1,313sqft .. $2,800

Gerald Neo
[email protected]

moonk123
13-11-08, 15:02
hehe...i saw the quartz surrounding without going there..it's still in construction.
http://www.virtualhomes.sg/thequartz

jurgen
18-11-08, 01:28

Thats one big problem with mass market condos like TQ. Full of these bengs and lians upgrading from HDB. Bring their dirty habits along.
Should be good for renting though.

vic
18-11-08, 10:27
Thats one big problem with mass market condos like TQ. Full of these bengs and lians upgrading from HDB. Bring their dirty habits along.

wah...the way u said it...sounds like ppl from HDB all very low class hor....I guess ur mum and dad...started off from condo and landed property straight off?? Ur grandparents prob stay in Kampong in one time or another.

Even MM Goh last time oso stay in HDB leh.

Dude, its ppl like u with such mindset thats is dirtying the condos.

chang
18-11-08, 12:05

This is a pte condo... pple from hdb are not bengs and lians... firstly, do you think u are a German to give urself such a stupid log in name. And secondly, everyone upgrades from somewhere, be it a hdb or an existing condo. If you are so smart and rich, dun stay in Singapore, go overseas and live there. pple staying in houses hang their dirty laundry all ard their houses and outside as well.

Get lost loser.

chang
18-11-08, 12:06
wah...the way u said it...sounds like ppl from HDB all very low class hor....I guess ur mum and dad...started off from condo and landed property straight off?? Ur grandparents prob stay in Kampong in one time or another.

Even MM Goh last time oso stay in HDB leh.

Dude, its ppl like u with such mindset thats is dirtying the condos.

I agree with you. This dumb ass has nothing better to say. Maybe his grandparents had to dig a hole to live in back then...

chang
18-11-08, 12:10
Hi.

Anyone knows if there is a blog just for the Quartz residents. Maybe we shld have one set up so we can keep each other updated on the developments e.g. construction progress and other stuff :)

vic
20-11-08, 13:11
Hi.

Anyone knows if there is a blog just for the Quartz residents. Maybe we shld have one set up so we can keep each other updated on the developments e.g. construction progress and other stuff :)

Suggest we can start one group in Facebook call "The Quartz"....can update any pic there too.

The Truthful One
21-11-08, 08:21
Dear Quartz Home Owners,

If you have a facebook account, do join me at the newly created facebook group - The Quartz Condominium!

Let's share some constructive insights on the development of our home and ways we can do up our houses as TOP is approaching very soon!

The Truthful One
24-11-08, 09:33
Dear ALL,

Please do not visit Darwin Interiors as I went there 2 weeks ago for a quote and until today, they still never get back to me. Apparently they're pretty stuck up.

vic
24-11-08, 14:10
2 weeks is quite normal lah...Most will get back to u within 3 weeks time...I have still 1-2 ID havent get back to me...and its been like 1 mth oready. :doh:

Give them time if u want proper planning and design....afterall ideas/design cannot be rushed. We still have few months time lah.

Teana
28-11-08, 11:01
How can private condo sell below HDB flat price?

Anyway, HDB flat prices are still moving up.

Just look at those in Punggol. Prices may have went up but applications have not dropped.

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/mast_home.gif
Punggol BTO flats in hot demand
Michelle Tay
The Straits Times
Thursday, 27 November 2008

In these leaner economic times, the cheapest public housing option for newly-wed couples has been three times subscribed.

The Housing Board's latest Build-To-Order (BTO) flats, Punggol Arcadia, closed yesterday with 2,344 applications for just 750 units. The final update will be made today at 2pm.

The overwhelming response 'demonstrates that there is still a high demand for public housing', said the chief executive of property consultancy PropNex, Mr Mohamed Ismail.

chang
29-11-08, 10:59
How can private condo sell below HDB flat price?

Anyway, HDB flat prices are still moving up.

Just look at those in Punggol. Prices may have went up but applications have not dropped.

tts why pple shld not try to expect TQ to fall... the most by 10%... it will never be lower than HDB... especially since ours is a private development. those EC in Seng Kang and Punggol maybe its possible... wat a joke on those foolish pple who expect TQ to drop so much...

quartz
04-12-08, 06:08
Hi all future Quartz Owners...

Check out the development.....The swimming pool is completed. Now doing the basement car parks.........

:)

sun
04-12-08, 12:23
Those who wnat to sell TQ sell fast, you would not be able to get current
price in 2009 or longer. Seem like serious deflation is comming. Hope not.
History high amount of printed money flooded in market next year, plus very low interest rate. Very scary..

karl1426
04-12-08, 17:35
2 weeks is quite normal lah...Most will get back to u within 3 weeks time...I have still 1-2 ID havent get back to me...and its been like 1 mth oready. :doh:

Give them time if u want proper planning and design....afterall ideas/design cannot be rushed. We still have few months time lah.

Hey Guys,

I found this TQ forum very interesting and informative. I am still a potential buyer, looked at 1 unit at blk 53 but all the banks are valuating lower than the developer's price! You guys think the developer will accept a lower bidding price? What do you think (the price) when they close this promotion? Thanks,

chang
04-12-08, 18:35
most pple Bought e quartz to stay. in fact when interest rates goes down n we are not planning to sell., its gd fr us owners esp to refinance at attactive rates.

Look beyond selling till 2010 at least when e mkt recovers. inflation is bound to happen during economic downturn. ur understanding of economic terms is too superficial.

Those who wnat to sell TQ sell fast, you would not be able to get current
price in 2009 or longer. Seem like serious deflation is comming. Hope not.
History high amount of printed money flooded in market next year, plus very low interest rate. Very scary..

isaaclim
06-12-08, 21:35
Hey Guys,

I found this TQ forum very interesting and informative. I am still a potential buyer, looked at 1 unit at blk 53 but all the banks are valuating lower than the developer's price! You guys think the developer will accept a lower bidding price? What do you think (the price) when they close this promotion? Thanks,

Isn't it that give you some message? Do remember the price currently offered by developer is much higher then initial sell.

FYI, there are still 170+ unit unsold as at this week. Why worry about this promotion, where u may get free furniture + more kitchen appliances in next promotion. :)

kennt
07-12-08, 00:41
Hi all, below are some pixs taken yesterday, enjoy....

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/774/05122008064qf1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4023/051220080653ma0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7388/05122008068st4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3604/05122008071rq1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/8397/05122008076sg3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/3087/05122008080fz2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7471/05122008083es5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7365/05122008075fv7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4340/05122008079jn5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Icekopi
07-12-08, 21:03
Kennt,

Great pics! Good to see construction going smoothly.

Cheers

990113d03
07-12-08, 22:38
Is it true that all the smaller 3 bedroom units are sold out and only the 3+1 units are left?

kennt
07-12-08, 23:41
Kennt,

Great pics! Good to see construction going smoothly.

Cheers

Thanks! Long time never see you & your wife post leh. Busy isit? Anyway the completion is still March 09. They are now doing the club house and the sky gym. Just glad the construction is smooth sailing :)

blk 57
08-12-08, 16:23
hi !

Anyone know what is the ceiling height for the our unit ? for some development, the 1st and last floor ceiling height are higher....isit the same for Quartz ?

quartz
08-12-08, 18:13
Is it true that all the smaller 3 bedroom units are sold out and only the 3+1 units are left?

Any ideas what is the price for 3+1 now?

Icekopi
08-12-08, 19:40
Thanks! Long time never see you & your wife post leh. Busy isit? Anyway the completion is still March 09. They are now doing the club house and the sky gym. Just glad the construction is smooth sailing :)

Yup, kind of busy. Anyway, there was a period of ppl fighting over crazy things like bad smell/ comparing our TQ with other condos and so on.
Did not want to get involve with arguements like the above and like u, LA, Alan and some genuine TQ owners we rather keep quiet while we await TOP!

Looking forward as usual and a very very Merry Christmas and Properous Happy New Year to all our friends here!

kennt
09-12-08, 21:42
Yup, kind of busy. Anyway, there was a period of ppl fighting over crazy things like bad smell/ comparing our TQ with other condos and so on.
Did not want to get involve with arguements like the above and like u, LA, Alan and some genuine TQ owners we rather keep quiet while we await TOP!

Looking forward as usual and a very very Merry Christmas and Properous Happy New Year to all our friends here!

Yup, I second that. Now this forum is more secure (need to login) which hopefully the nonsense will stop.

Wishing all residents a Merry X'mas and a Happy New Year. Not to forget ST Index 'huat' ah !

kennt
09-12-08, 21:58
Any ideas what is the price for 3+1 now?

Caveat lodged in Oct for 3+1 as follows. Should not defer too much. You should go onsite to get the latest pricing.

1) $1,000,800 1,302sqf 768psf Oct-08
2) $1,195,200 1,421sqf 841psf Oct-08

Alan Tam
09-12-08, 22:52

Hi Icekopi, you are right,no point to discuss with those who are not genuine TQ owners.

BTW, I will be shifting in to TQ to stay when it TOP, still looking around for good ID company. Hope to get a good price.

Merry Christmas!!!! CHEERS

Quartzbie
09-12-08, 23:23
Hear that there is an accident at The Quartz...any idea what happen and at which block? Will the TOP be delayed?:(

Icekopi
10-12-08, 01:48
Hear that there is an accident at The Quartz...any idea what happen and at which block? Will the TOP be delayed?:(

Read the 'Wan Bao" about this accident u mentioned. Apparently, a chinese national(supervisor) about 40+ fell from 19 storey to his death and all work stopped while the authorities investigate.

It occurred at about 9.10am on 9/12/2008 according to the papers. Not much other details were given though. :tsk-tsk:

Icekopi
10-12-08, 01:55
Hi Icekopi, you are right,no point to discuss with those who are not genuine TQ owners.

BTW, I will be shifting in to TQ to stay when it TOP, still looking around for good ID company. Hope to get a good price.

Merry Christmas!!!! CHEERS

Hi Alan,

We really have to look for a good ID company soon man, TOP coming loh!

I will be looking to keep it simple, maybe we can get the rest and share some ideas.

Till than folks!

LA
10-12-08, 09:19

Hi Icekopi,
U'r right. More interested in the progress for TQ & how to make reno for my house then involve in those non-constructive arguements.
Thank Kennt. Thanks for the wonderful pics. Its a v gd x'mas present for TQ owners.
Wondering wld u guys b buying anything from the upcoming comex in Mar09? My husband n i plan to do so.

TQ63
10-12-08, 10:29
Hi Icekopi,
U'r right. More interested in the progress for TQ & how to make reno for my house then involve in those non-constructive arguements.
Thank Kennt. Thanks for the wonderful pics. Its a v gd x'mas present for TQ owners.
Wondering wld u guys b buying anything from the upcoming comex in Mar09? My husband n i plan to do so.

Hi,

We will be going for the Comex 09 to catch some bargain. Are you also in block 63? in which stack? Have you got the design from the ID already?:)

quartz
10-12-08, 11:22
Hi Alan,

We really have to look for a good ID company soon man, TOP coming loh!

I will be looking to keep it simple, maybe we can get the rest and share some ideas.

Till than folks!

Hi All,

I'm also a future owners of Quartz. Will like to get some ideas from you guys. Did anyone got a qoute for ID yet? Could you share with me the price range and also any good one to recommend?

Cheers

LA
10-12-08, 13:25
Hi,

We will be going for the Comex 09 to catch some bargain. Are you also in block 63? in which stack? Have you got the design from the ID already?:)

Hi TQ63,
I'm in blk 63 stack 26. I have posted earlier on that got a rough quotation n design from my designer. 3D is also roughly done up. Love my walk-in wardrobe. But the rest got to wait till my designer view the actual house b4 he can do the rest of the design.My theme is set to b Black&White.
I've gotten my sofa n bed set within our budget during an opening sale from univonna. Have already aimed those sets long time ago n so happen to b an opening sale n came with a coffee table @ $9.90.
My husb n me also going to comex n grab TVs..etc..
Maybe Alan, Kennt, Ice Kopi, urself n the rest can share ideas how to do up the house.

LA
10-12-08, 13:33
Hi All,

I'm also a future owners of Quartz. Will like to get some ideas from you guys. Did anyone got a qoute for ID yet? Could you share with me the price range and also any good one to recommend?

Cheers

Hi Quartz,
Most important for a design is the owner finds it comfortable to stay. Some v designer show room looks good but not pratical to stay in. However, I personally find that a good reno needs to have a theme. eg, b&w, balinese, zen, comtempo..etc..etc.. Rojak design might look a bit messy. But as I mention in my earlier post, me n my husb will b looking into b&w theme as it makes it easier for us to add in colours in future shld we get tired of the style. but still bottom down to individual preference.
So, have u come up with a theme for ur dream house?
Anybody like b&w theme also?

kennt
10-12-08, 14:01
yesh....going to Comex for LCD TV. My experience is go on the last day, last 2 hours. They slash price like crazy.

Good to hear again from you guys again. I thought you ppl did a sub-sale as it has been quite for some months. Keep up the discussions :cheers6:

quartz
10-12-08, 16:56
Hi Quartz,
Most important for a design is the owner finds it comfortable to stay. Some v designer show room looks good but not pratical to stay in. However, I personally find that a good reno needs to have a theme. eg, b&w, balinese, zen, comtempo..etc..etc.. Rojak design might look a bit messy. But as I mention in my earlier post, me n my husb will b looking into b&w theme as it makes it easier for us to add in colours in future shld we get tired of the style. but still bottom down to individual preference.

Hi LA,

Would like it as simple as possible. B&W is also nice.

Still looking around and also trying to market off my HDB unit.

TQ63
10-12-08, 16:57
Hi TQ63,
I'm in blk 63 stack 26. I have posted earlier on that got a rough quotation n design from my designer. 3D is also roughly done up. Love my walk-in wardrobe. But the rest got to wait till my designer view the actual house b4 he can do the rest of the design.My theme is set to b Black&White.
I've gotten my sofa n bed set within our budget during an opening sale from univonna. Have already aimed those sets long time ago n so happen to b an opening sale n came with a coffee table @ $9.90.
My husb n me also going to comex n grab TVs..etc..
Maybe Alan, Kennt, Ice Kopi, urself n the rest can share ideas how to do up the house.

By the way, this is Mrs Ice Kopi here.
We are staying in the same block stack 27... so neighbour.

TQ63
10-12-08, 17:09
Hi Quartz,

Me Me.... with slight red accessories to match...

quartz
10-12-08, 17:23

Hi anyone out there staying in BLK 57?

blk 57
10-12-08, 21:37
Hi anyone out there staying in BLK 57?

hi hi....i am staying at blk 57....

LA
10-12-08, 21:49

TQ63: think those who keep track to this forum know u already as Mrs Ice Kopi. haha.. Perhaps we can meet up upon TOP for reno discussion.

Quartz: simple is nice n easy to maintain. Me n my husb is making it as simple as possible

Kennt: Which brand u getting for ur LCD? Will Samsung LCD be out of stock during the last day of sale? Scare we end up n wait in vain to grab the last best offer.

3 more months to go b4 TOP. It has been a long long wait. But its worth the waiting time as the condo looks nice. More Time to gather reno info n prices of LCD TV to drop. haha..

quartz
10-12-08, 21:49
hi hi....i am staying at blk 57....

cool man. My is stack 14. How about you.

blk 57
10-12-08, 21:51
cool man. My is stack 14. How about you.

:) My at stack 15. u just buy ?

LA
10-12-08, 21:52
Me Me.... with slight red accessories to match...

wow! great minds think alike. my husb wants grey to go along with the b&w theme.
i've got nice furniture to recommend to u. just keep in contact till TOP. been gathering info for the past one year. really can't wait to shift in.

quartz
10-12-08, 21:52
TQ63: think those who keep track to this forum know u already as Mrs Ice Kopi. haha.. Perhaps we can meet up upon TOP for reno discussion.

Quartz: simple is nice n easy to maintain. Me n my husb is making it as simple as possible

Kennt: Which brand u getting for ur LCD? Will Samsung LCD be out of stock during the last day of sale? Scare we end up n wait in vain to grab the last best offer.

3 more months to go b4 TOP. It has been a long long wait. But its worth the waiting time as the condo looks nice. More Time to gather reno info n prices of LCD TV to drop. haha..

Hi LA,

Agreed. Simple is the best.

quartz
10-12-08, 21:54
:) My at stack 15. u just buy ?

Great. Which flr? Me @ lvl 12. Got it long time ago when they first launch. Think it the 2nd week of the launch.

blk 57
10-12-08, 21:58
Great. Which flr? Me @ lvl 12. Got it long time ago when they first launch. Think it the 2nd week of the launch.

i m at level 6....brought last year...so TOP is still around Jun rite ??? cant wait to shift in...

quartz
10-12-08, 22:00
i m at level 6....brought last year...so TOP is still around Jun rite ??? cant wait to shift in...

TOP is still end Mar. But by the time we get the key....should be able to move in by jun....hopefully....

quartz
10-12-08, 22:17
TOP is still end Mar. But by the time we get the key....should be able to move in by jun....hopefully....

hi,

Know any other which bought the same blk as us?

kennt
10-12-08, 22:45

I'm eyeing the Sony Bravia 200 MHZ LCD....now very ex. Hopefully next year will be cheaper. Always a Sony fan :)

Be prepared for 'out of stock' option and crowd for Comex. No pain no gain mah...

axela_3
11-12-08, 07:25
Hi All! Anyone in Blk 53 here?

kennt
11-12-08, 14:10
Not too bad given current economy situation....

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=6743

jurgen
11-12-08, 16:45
Read the 'Wan Bao" about this accident u mentioned. Apparently, a chinese national(supervisor) about 40+ fell from 19 storey to his death and all work stopped while the authorities investigate.

It occurred at about 9.10am on 9/12/2008 according to the papers. Not much other details were given though. :tsk-tsk:

Bad omen. Anyone knows he fell out of which flat/block ?
Should be one to avoid.

TQ63
11-12-08, 17:20
wow! great minds think alike. my husb wants grey to go along with the b&w theme.
i've got nice furniture to recommend to u. just keep in contact till TOP. been gathering info for the past one year. really can't wait to shift in.

Ok. keep me informed of your lobang. :o

kennt
11-12-08, 17:35
Should be one to avoid.

u mean ppl die is bad omen? accident do happen! In fact I pity this guy as he is putting his effort into building our home and this unfortunate incident happen. You are simply talking down TQ b'cos of this.

Icekopi
11-12-08, 19:53
Should be one to avoid.

You are the one who should avoid this forum/thread. It is quite obvious that you are not a geniune owner here and also not a potential one.

There are bound to accidents anywhere whether its constructions, factories or even crossing the roads.

If you are so free, go check which places/roads ever had accidents before and you should come up with a checklist so to avoid!

Just full of crap!

quartz
11-12-08, 22:17
You are the one who should avoid this forum/thread. It is quite obvious that you are not a geniune owner here and also not a potential one.

There are bound to accidents anywhere whether its constructions, factories or even crossing the roads.

If you are so free, go check which places/roads ever had accidents before and you should come up with a checklist so to avoid!

Just full of crap!

Agree with you Icekopi. Ppl like him does not belong here at all.

isaaclim
12-12-08, 10:03
Anyone know when is the developer going to close the showflat?

Jazzer
12-12-08, 16:19
Anyone has good id firm to recommend?

Basically, how much do you expect to spend on ID?

TQ1
12-12-08, 16:29
Anyone know when is the developer going to close the showflat?

I don't think they will close the show flat unless all units sold. Past by just now. Work resume after they stopped for the investigation (due to the accident last week). Look like they are now building the tennis court. 3 months more to completion. Cheers...

Icekopi
12-12-08, 22:19
I don't think they will close the show flat unless all units sold. Past by just now. Work resume after they stopped for the investigation (due to the accident last week). Look like they are now building the tennis court. 3 months more to completion. Cheers...

Hi, another old friend here in the forum. You have not been posting for a while....

Good to u back, btw which blk/stack u in?

axela_3
12-12-08, 23:32

I just bought a unit there and i heard from agent that the showroom will be close this dec 25th. I dont know how true it is.

TQ1
13-12-08, 06:53
Hi, another old friend here in the forum. You have not been posting for a while....

Good to u back, btw which blk/stack u in?

Was busy due to work commitment especially towards the year end. I will be staying at blk 61 stack 24. It had been a long wait and now we are about 3 months to completion. Think will take another fews month after Mar to TOP. Don't know whether after Mar completion can go in to take a look or not?

TQ1
13-12-08, 07:02
I just bought a unit there and i heard from agent that the showroom will be close this dec 25th. I dont know how true it is.

Welcome to Quartz. Maybe they shut down for christmas or somebody bought the 2 show room units. Don't think they relocate (just like last year almost at this period, they migrate their show room from the place when the sky bridge was to the present location) as the show room is already at the actual site.

quartz
13-12-08, 07:38

Hi Axela, welcome to Quartz. Wise choice in joining Quartz as your new home. Btw, which blk did you happen to purchase?

thomastansb
13-12-08, 14:57
Do you all think it is worth it to buy from developer now? They told me that this offer will cease tomorrow. 16% cash back + 2 years of maintenance fee + 3% stamp duty. OR should I hold on and wait till next year Feb before they start selling again? The agent actually told me that she will give me 0.5% privately if I buy the unit. Can see that they are desperate but is it worth it now? PSF before discount is about $800. After discount is around $650. Please share your views....

axela_3
13-12-08, 17:48
Welcome to Quartz. Maybe they shut down for christmas or somebody bought the 2 show room units. Don't think they relocate (just like last year almost at this period, they migrate their show room from the place when the sky bridge was to the present location) as the show room is already at the actual site.

Thanks. My agent was telling me that they will shut down the showroom and will only wait until further notice. Maybe they will relocate the showroom or maybe just like other condos when is built, they will allocate one of the unit to be the showroom.

axela_3
13-12-08, 17:49
Hi Axela, welcome to Quartz. Wise choice in joining Quartz as your new home. Btw, which blk did you happen to purchase?

Hi Quartz

Thanks for the warm welcome, me bought blk 53.

axela_3
13-12-08, 17:53
Do you all think it is worth it to buy from developer now? They told me that this offer will cease tomorrow. 16% cash back + 2 years of maintenance fee + 3% stamp duty. OR should I hold on and wait till next year Feb before they start selling again? The agent actually told me that she will give me 0.5% privately if I buy the unit. Can see that they are desperate but is it worth it now? PSF before discount is about $800. After discount is around $650. Please share your views....

Hi
I think you got all the informations wrong. I just bought my unit there and the developer is very stubborn on lowering the price any further. I dont think they will offer different package to different buyer. Maybe you would want to check again.

TQ1
13-12-08, 18:50

So far, thru' the last couple of months, Quartz had undergone a few promotion programs. From Cash rebate 8%, 12% and now 16%. But if you take a close look, the net PSF is always in the range of around $650 to $680++. Looking at this scenario, the price is somehow "bottomed." If you look at the recent report below, pricing for mass market condo is still pretty stable. But bottom-line is that don't think net price will fall below $600PSF and also your choice unit may not be available after they re-open it in Feb 09. *******************************
Published December 11, 2008

High-end projects take a knock, suburban condos edge higher

High-end prices fall 12-28%, while mass market projects climb 1-7%: study

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

thomastansb
13-12-08, 18:53
Nope. Confirmed. I just went down again earlier on like 3 hours back. That is the package for me now (maybe not for everyone). Maybe times are really bad now. Hahaha. I know they used to be quite stubborn but seems like that is the package now. Up to you to believe. Maybe they raise the price and increase the discount? Shall wait and see then. But 25th Dec showflat close or 15 Dec close? If 25 Dec, then can wait a while more.

Hi
I think you got all the informations wrong. I just bought my unit there and the developer is very stubborn on lowering the price any further. I dont think they will offer different package to different buyer. Maybe you would want to check again.

thomastansb
13-12-08, 19:00
True. The PSF is quite similar. Maybe they really raise the price and discount to make it look more tempting.

Actually I no choice unit lah. The facing of the quartz is quite standard one. If not pool view, then face HDB liao. Those facing empty land will face HDB in the near future also. Still considering hard now. Financing is ok one. Somemore got 16% cash as buffer. Can last 2 years even if I lose my job.

So far, thru' the last couple of months, Quartz had undergone a few promotion programs. From Cash rebate 8%, 12% and now 16%. But if you take a close look, the net PSF is always in the range of around $650 to $680++. Looking at this scenario, the price is somehow "bottomed." If you look at the recent report below, pricing for mass market condo is still pretty stable. But bottom-line is that don't think net price will fall below $600PSF and also your choice unit may not be available after they re-open it in Feb 09. *******************************

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

blk 57
13-12-08, 20:45
hi !

anyone know what is the floor to floor height of our development ?

quartz
13-12-08, 21:17
Hi Quartz

Great . Mine is at blk 57.

Can't wait to move in to Quartz. Think that apply to everyone who have bought Quartz.

quartz
13-12-08, 21:18
Hi Quartz

Can't wait to move in to Quartz. Think that apply to everyone who have bought Quartz.

isaaclim
13-12-08, 21:52

Oh... they increase the cash back from 12% to 16%? Plus 2 years maintenance. They're really desperate.

Let's see. Next things will be free furniture + home appliances.

isaaclim
13-12-08, 22:11

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

The starting price for this project was averaged at around 550psf. But of course, those are unit that not facing the pool. So the question is how much people are willing to pay extra for a pool facing unit? That should determine the bottom price of this project in near future.

By the way, banks are starting to tighten housing loan. Next year, we will see new DPS units flooding the market.
By then, it will be a great time to increase your inventory. Ultimately, Singapore is a small island. Property next to MRT is still have great potential.

Alan Tam
14-12-08, 09:30
The starting price for this project was averaged at around 550psf. But of course, those are unit that not facing the pool. So the question is how much people are willing to pay extra for a pool facing unit? That should determine the bottom price of this project in near future.

By the way, banks are starting to tighten housing loan. Next year, we will see new DPS units flooding the market.
By then, it will be a great time to increase your inventory. Ultimately, Singapore is a small island. Property next to MRT is still have great potential.
You are right! Isaac, properties that's next to MRT is have great potential. Once the circle line is up, MRT is going to be very convenience for us to travel around in singapore. Those who stay next to MRT will save alot of time in travelling and the value of the properties will increase.

For me, I am buying to stay, so whatever the price now is not that important to me. I got my unit at $600 psf last year and I think at this point of time, not many investors have the money to invest, so those who need to buy to stay should be fine at the current psf.

The recession may not be that long as we predict ( 2-3 year), if it recover by end next year than the prices will move up again. Anyway, Singapore is still a small country and land is scarce.

isaaclim
14-12-08, 09:46
You are right! Isaac, properties that's next to MRT is have great potential. Once the circle line is up, MRT is going to be very convenience for us to travel around in singapore. Those who stay next to MRT will save alot of time in travelling and the value of the properties will increase.

For me, I am buying to stay, so whatever the price now is not that important to me. I got my unit at $600 psf last year and I think at this point of time, not many investors have the money to invest, so those who need to buy to stay should be fine at the current psf.

The recession may not be that long as we predict ( 2-3 year), if it recover by end next year than the prices will move up again. Anyway, Singapore is still a small country and land is scarce.

Did you just brought it recently at 600psf from developer?

kasper
14-12-08, 10:56
Nope. Confirmed. I just went down again earlier on like 3 hours back. That is the package for me now (maybe not for everyone). Maybe times are really bad now. Hahaha. I know they used to be quite stubborn but seems like that is the package now. Up to you to believe. Maybe they raise the price and increase the discount? Shall wait and see then. But 25th Dec showflat close or 15 Dec close? If 25 Dec, then can wait a while more.

Dun have 16% promotion lei...who is ur agent? can share his/her contact with me? keen to buy a unit too if got 16% cash back..

kasper
14-12-08, 11:07
Hi

Hi you bought it at 12% cash back + 3% rebate + free 1 yrs maintenance fee? After All discount what your psf?

axela_3
14-12-08, 17:20

Well, if that's the case, I guess it's either your agent is really desperate or he/she must really like you.

My cousin who visited the showflat today, with the intention of purchasing a unit upon hearing your discount, was told that there's no such package available. Btw, he was served by an ERA agent. Could it be that CBRE is having a different scheme altogether?

Anyway could you be a kind soul as to recommend your agent to us so that all the potential buyers in this forum could benefit from it?

axela_3
14-12-08, 17:23

Same here. Hopefully, we can start to build a small community here so that we can get together after we move in.

axela_3
14-12-08, 17:29
Hi you bought it at 12% cash back + 3% rebate + free 1 yrs maintenance fee? After All discount what your psf?

Yes. When I bought it about 3 weeks back, it was still at 12+3+1yr. After the discount, it's about 690psf.

axela_3
14-12-08, 17:32
hi !

I think it's about 2.95M (+/-).

quartz
14-12-08, 19:47
Same here. Hopefully, we can start to build a small community here so that we can get together after we move in.

Yes. A small community on MJ player....That would be nice.....Hee

axela_3
14-12-08, 20:02
Yes. A small community on MJ player....That would be nice.....Hee

Oh, I see a MJ kaki on the way. Whahahaha! Like that jialat. Every night no need to sleep liao.

quartz
14-12-08, 20:47
Oh, I see a MJ kaki on the way. Whahahaha! Like that jialat. Every night no need to sleep liao.

Ha Ha........ Anymore MJ Kaki out there?????????

axela_3
14-12-08, 20:57
Ha Ha........ Anymore MJ Kaki out there?????????

Think I'd better start staying away from you or else gotta end up sleeping in the bomb shelter. Hahahaha!

Anyway, can you PM me your contact so that we can prob meet up when the TQ TOP?

quartz
14-12-08, 21:23
Think I'd better start staying away from you or else gotta end up sleeping in the bomb shelter. Hahahaha!

Anyway, can you PM me your contact so that we can prob meet up when the TQ TOP?

Ha Ha.... No Prob.

axela_3
14-12-08, 22:10
Ha Ha.... No Prob.

Hey just now is my hubby answering you. I am the wife. Ye ye mj for me. Lets get more kaki and we shall meet at the table. Haha

quartz
14-12-08, 22:14
Hey just now is my hubby answering you. I am the wife. Ye ye mj for me. Lets get more kaki and we shall meet at the table. Haha

Ha Ha, no prob. Me and my wife both love to play MJ too.

Do keep in touch when Quartz is completed and let find more MJ Kaki.

BTW, is there any room in the Quartz Club House that can be just for MJ?

axela_3
14-12-08, 22:34
Ha Ha, no prob. Me and my wife both love to play MJ too.

Do keep in touch when Quartz is completed and let find more MJ Kaki.

BTW, is there any room in the Quartz Club House that can be just for MJ?

Yah i was thinking about it too but heard from my collegue who stay in condo said clubhouse usually will not allow majong as it is a form of gambling act. If they allow then it will be wonderful. As i have 2 kids, we dont play mj at home.

Alan Tam
14-12-08, 23:18
I got it last year when the market was about to move up. BTW, I think the price of TQ will not fall below $650 psf, as HDB DBSS is already selling at about $550 to $600 psf in most of the area like AMK and bishan.

To enjoy all the facilities in TQ and convenience of MRT, I think it is really worth.

TQ63
15-12-08, 08:52
Yes. When I bought it about 3 weeks back, it was still at 12+3+1yr. After the discount, it's about 690psf.

Do you mind to share with us how big is your unit?

axela_3
15-12-08, 10:21
Do you mind to share with us how big is your unit?

It's a 1152 unit.

Reporter
16-12-08, 00:30
Is $600psf a good buy?

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of November 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
The Quartz ....... OCR ....... 7 ............................... 824 ................ 770 ............... 742

chang
16-12-08, 12:27
It's a 1152 unit.

Hi, which blk did u buy and at which level is your unit?

Unity
16-12-08, 16:46
I'm new here and was wondering what would be the avrg psf for stack 61, 63 at the moment as I have been given big discrepencies in the range from $650 to $730 for mid level unit? Is this right?

TQ1
16-12-08, 17:09
I'm new here and was wondering what would be the avrg psf for stack 61, 63 at the moment as I have been given big discrepencies in the range from $650 to $730 for mid level unit? Is this right?

Hi Unity,

From your above pricing, looks to me that $730 is developer sales mid level before the 12% discount. $650 is from subsale. Am I right?

Maybe you should elaborate more in details so that some forumers can help.

quartz
16-12-08, 17:36
hi !

Hi All,

Have obtain the following info from the developer.

Quote "

TOP expected to be from 2Q 2009. Date subject to changes and approval from the relevant authority. It would be better if you can check wih us again in Mar 2009.

The average ceiling height is approximately +2.7M for the living, dining, study, bedroom and guest room area."

Unquote.

Hope info is useful to all.

kennt
16-12-08, 23:08
Hi All,

Quote "

TOP expected to be from 2Q 2009. Date subject to changes and approval from the relevant authority. It would be better if you can check wih us again in Mar 2009.

The average ceiling height is approximately +2.7M for the living, dining, study, bedroom and guest room area."

Unquote.

Thanks for sharing this piece of info. :D

Unity
16-12-08, 23:56
Thanks for your help.

An agent told me that from Level 7-9 on Stack 61 / 63, the avrg psf for 1066 or 1195 sqf unit is $680 psf after all the discounts. Is this right or too high? These are for units facing Buangkok Drive.

blk 57
17-12-08, 08:56
[quote=quartz]Hi All,

Quote "

Unquote.

Thks for the info.....

so we shall wait for another half a year :) cheers

blk 57
17-12-08, 08:59
Hi All,

Quote "

Unquote.

Thks for the info !

so we shall wait another half year :) cheers

propertyinvestor
17-12-08, 09:22
Thks for the info !

so we shall wait another half year :) cheers

Another projects going TOP in the north East Area. Looking at the Caveat lodge, pricing ranging from $600+ to $700+ PSF. Maybe worth to look into it now as historically, pricing for the mass market will pick up once it is going to TOP or near TOP. Will have people buying in for stay.

Just my humble opinion.

quartz
17-12-08, 10:59
Thanks for sharing this piece of info. :D

Hi Kennt, Blk 57,

No Prob. Hope all the buyers in this forum could have a get together once project is TOP.

TQ63
17-12-08, 15:59
Dear ALL,

Please do not visit Darwin Interiors as I went there 2 weeks ago for a quote and until today, they still never get back to me. Apparently they're pretty stuck up.

I agree with the comment. Today, I happened to pass by and went to the showroom of Darwin Interiors. The showroom is lack of customer service and not interested to serve when they knew the projects has not TOP. :(

Piper
17-12-08, 18:46
People,

What does TOP 2Q09 mean?
Does it mean that by June 09, we can take our keys and start to renovate?

I thought it was in March 09? Delay again?

Thanks!

kal
17-12-08, 20:34
I pass by almost everyday. I will say, earliest TOP will be Jun2009. I reckon will be 3qtr09 lor...

axela_3
17-12-08, 21:14
Hi, which blk did u buy and at which level is your unit?

Hi, I bought Blk 53 low floor.

kennt
19-12-08, 22:59
People,

What does TOP 2Q09 mean?
Does it mean that by June 09, we can take our keys and start to renovate?

I thought it was in March 09? Delay again?

Thanks!

March is the projected completion date. Afterwhich the developer will need to go through a series of inspections by the authority. The timeframe is between 2-3 months if nothing goes wrong. Hence we reckon June take key.

sun
20-12-08, 14:29
Hi, I bought Blk 53 low floor.May we know the price ?

axela_3
23-12-08, 07:35
May we know the price ?

It's about $790K after rebates.

hayata1972
23-12-08, 09:56
congrats to the owners of TQ. Your prices are holding up pretty well.

isaaclim
23-12-08, 10:13
congrats to the owners of TQ. Your prices are holding up pretty well.

What is your justification for this statement?

From the latest information i got, TQ still have 160+ units unsold. So developer will have to give more attractive package.

Let's see how creative is the developer to come out with attractive package that will not cause previous buyer to :simmering:

isaaclim
23-12-08, 10:20
It's about $790K after rebates.

I think i know which unit you are getting. :) Size is 1195 + poor facing. The layout of that stack is the best among all the stacks except the GOLDEN stack.

Unity
23-12-08, 10:21
Isaac,

Based on your comments, what do you est. would be fair and reasonable value / price psf for Quartz on;

1. Pool view units
2. Non-pool view units

isaaclim
23-12-08, 10:47
Isaac,

Based on your comments, what do you est. would be fair and reasonable value / price psf for Quartz on;

1. Pool view units
2. Non-pool view units

In fact, we had a heavy discussion among my agent friends during last weekend on the report from URA.

Some predicted the condo price would go back to the level during early 2006. Some predicted that Casino would not be able to create the level of boost on our economic as expected.

But of course, they are voice against those statement. Such as gov is selling new HDB at 500++ psf. How can a condo with facilities cost less then HDB?

For me, i think TQ developer will not reduce the price furthermore or too much. Because most the existing units are a kind of choice units. Instead they will introduce more attractive package to boost sale. Having 160 units unsold is not a joke for a developer. Even for a big developer it is a pain.

tortu
23-12-08, 14:31
The key is developer and sub-sales unit seller needs to realize the market environment and future outlook doesn't warrant any anything > $600psft in a typical project like Quartz.

The banks will start to scrutinize the valuation of the property on top of the personal credit worthiness. Hence getting a loan will be far more stricter goign forward and this can drive demand down.

And let's not forget there are people who purchase their units through DPS and when the project TOP in Q2 next year, they will be units (not just this project but in general) flooding into the sub-sales market.

We shall see!:2cents:

sun
23-12-08, 18:41
The key is developer and sub-sales unit seller needs to realize the market environment and future outlook doesn't warrant any anything > $600psft in a typical project like Quartz.

The banks will start to scrutinize the valuation of the property on top of the personal credit worthiness. Hence getting a loan will be far more stricter goign forward and this can drive demand down.

And let's not forget there are people who purchase their units through DPS and when the project TOP in Q2 next year, they will be units (not just this project but in general) flooding into the sub-sales market.

We shall see!:2cents: Dont forget that those DPS bought at very low price few years ago. They have nothing to loss if they sell next year 2Q. Potential buyers are eyeing TQ aggressively due to not many 99y near MRT project. So "ann" lah.

stevengoh76
23-12-08, 18:42
Today news just annouced that nearby Compass point open field will be building a Wet market n Food centre in 2010!The location is just walking distance to TQ!TQ price will go up again based on this new project.

quartz
23-12-08, 22:26
Hi,

Anyone out there know what would the empty plot of land beside Quartz be use for?

:confused:

axela_3
24-12-08, 07:07
I think i know which unit you are getting. :) Size is 1195 + poor facing. The layout of that stack is the best among all the stacks except the GOLDEN stack.

Hi Isaaclim,

You are half correct. I did get a pool facing unit but not a 1195. It's a 1152 unit.

Anyway, wat do you mean by the golden stack?

kennt
24-12-08, 08:16
Anyone out there know what would the empty plot of land beside Quartz be use for?

:confused:[/QUOTE]

Me too wanting to know. The land is just too small to build anything. Maybe that serve as a seperator between us and the fire station. :spliff:

interested
24-12-08, 08:48

:confused:

Me too wanting to know. The land is just too small to build anything. Maybe that serve as a seperator between us and the fire station. :spliff:

School

tortu
24-12-08, 09:13
The wet market plot of land is quite a distance walk from TQ. IMHO, a wet market has little influence of pricing relative to the economical tsunami that we are experiencing now.

It is not just TQ, all 99yr LH PC has to adjust its price down back to the level of 2006, otherwise, developer untis will remain empty and sub-sales unit will need to be bear by owners themselves.

And you are right, since the Sub-sales unit owners got their units at a low price at ~$500psft, it really make sense they let go around that price and achieve at least a break-even since they are on DPS anyway. IMHO, if they hold it beyond TOP, things will get worse and they may not even achieve break-even.

Just another piece of news, there was a plot of land next to Pungool Park reserved for condo, there was ZERO developer appearing in Dec 08 to bid for the land. You guys tell me what do you think these developers are doing when they know they will fetch a extremely low land price since they are no competition? NO ONE ACTUALLY BIDDED FOR IT!! They definitely know more of the property market than anyone of us in this thread. If you think the price can hold or even go up, I think we will all be SORRY!:2cents: