PDA

View Full Version : The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15

GEMS
30-03-09, 15:06
coming in from the entrance,

1. if turn left, the road is above surface till the back entrance/exit.

2. if turn right, you'll very soon come to a lobang which also leads you to the basement carpark. Hence, on the right half of the development there's no road above the surface

Yup spot on !:cheers6:

chang
30-03-09, 15:27
Hi Guys, some pics for your viewing pleasure:o

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6820/img0896v.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8614/img0895a.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7691/img0893e.jpg
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4229/img0892.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1076/img0890l.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7772/img0889c.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3028/img0806t.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5126/img0802e.jpg
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9774/img0801e.jpg
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7533/img0800l.jpg

hey gems, great effort with the pictures. do u have pictures of the units itself? it be great if u can upload more of the place itself - kitchen, hall etc. thanks again.

chang
30-03-09, 15:39
Yup spot on !:cheers6:

cos the above from the right is the tennis courts and basketball court? issit?

GEMS
30-03-09, 15:49
cos the above from the right is the tennis courts and basketball court? issit?

u can say that bro! Which unit are u in? :D

caspercasper
30-03-09, 15:59
gems, can upload more photos... want to see more of the inside of the unit itself. thanks.

GEMS
30-03-09, 16:27
gems, can upload more photos... want to see more of the inside of the unit itself. thanks.

dun ask me which unit hor:) Come on guys TOP in a month time leave some surprises for urself ya..:D :D

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2281/img0823k.jpg
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2292/img0817mxs.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3458/img0825l.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7040/img0816.jpg
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5566/img0807r.jpg

axela_3
30-03-09, 16:31
Hi All,

For the benefit of some members present during the meetup yesterday, we'll be compiling a bulk buying list for those who's interested in getting a CCTV for their place. Please leave your nick if interested. Thanks!

1)
2)
3)

p.s. Issac, do you want to move this to the facebook page or do you want to leave it until we setup a portal as per discussion yesterday?

CrAzY
30-03-09, 17:48
Hey Gems & Empty box

Thanks for the effort on the photos.
By the way, do you have to looks CHINA to get in. Haha just joking. So easily accesible. They dont stop you guys at all?:confused:

quartz
30-03-09, 18:01
Hi All,

For the benefit of some members present during the meetup yesterday, we'll be compiling a bulk buying list for those who's interested in getting a CCTV for their place. Please leave your nick if interested. Thanks!

1)
2)
3)

p.s. Issac, do you want to move this to the facebook page or do you want to leave it until we setup a portal as per discussion yesterday?

Yo Bro,

1) Quartz

BTW, was at "Quartz" around 3 plus. The authorities was there doing the Final Inspection.

It look like pretty soon we will be getting our long awaited key.

Ya.

isaaclim
30-03-09, 18:01
Hi All,

1)
2)
3)

Presently, i am pretty confident on my maid. Any idea what is the price range for installing CCTV?

I think it is easier just to stick with emailing for bulk purchases matter.

As for the portal, we can discuss it in the next meet up. Anyway, we also need this kind of things for Facility booking in future.

ctam
30-03-09, 18:19
Hi All,

1)
2)
3)

Hello,
Jz a recomm.. my colleague's hubby owes a company specialized in CCTV. I can try to get a good discount for those who really needs CCTV, tho we don't need 1 :)

GEMS
30-03-09, 20:00
Hey Gems & Empty box

Thanks for the effort on the photos.
By the way, do you have to looks CHINA to get in. Haha just joking. So easily accesible. They dont stop you guys at all?:confused:

Dun mention:) I normally ask for permission first ya.But if u insisit on putting on a yellow helmet n phua chu kang's yellow boots by all means ya..haha:cheers6:

Cot
30-03-09, 20:49
Dun mention:) I normally ask for permission first ya.But if u insisit on putting on a yellow helmet n phua chu kang's yellow boots by all means ya..haha:cheers6:

You ask permission from who? The security guard during our past weeks visit, say can't go in..
Great photos you have taken :)

GEMS
30-03-09, 21:37
Tks Cot, i didn't see any security guard around.Normally its the china workers that i bumped into. So far all friendly encounters heh:scared-3:

Cot
30-03-09, 22:01
Tks Cot, i didn't see any security guard around.Normally its the china workers that i bumped into. So far all friendly encounters heh:scared-3:

I think the china workers won't be bothered with us..haha..quite a few saw us :scared-2: But I still feel sneaky

TQ1
30-03-09, 22:05
[QUOTE=emptybox]looks like my name has been taken out...? :)

preference (laminated ledge or solid top) for Bay Windows Dressing:
- Isaac (Laminated ledge)
- kasper (Laminated ledge)
- Franshu (Laminated ledge)
- ivanchan16 (Laminated ledge)
- emptybox (Laminated ledge)
- Unity ( Laminated )
- TQ1 (Laminated ledge)

SIA
30-03-09, 22:51
I think the china workers won't be bothered with us..haha..quite a few saw us :scared-2: But I still feel sneaky

It depends. I try to take some photo few months back near the swimming pools. A China supervisor stopped me. He told me not allow to take photo before completion. :tongue3:

tortu
30-03-09, 22:52
[quote=emptybox]looks like my name has been taken out...? :)

- Unity ( Laminated )
- TQ1 (Laminated ledge)

I think I got drop off after all the editing. Just found out over Saturday when I was talking to one of the ID that we cannot use laminate with ABS for the bay window. ABS trimming though protects the laminate edge from peeling, it has a small chamfer around the edges. As some of the bay window is > 8ft, they will need more than 1 laminate to cover the entire bay window. The chamfer between these 2 laminate will leave a small visible "valley".

Solution can be simple by using laminate with post-form (technical term). Of course, best solution is to use solid top. Depending on the length of the bay window from unit to unit, it may be $400 to $500 difference but that has a 10 year warranty.

tortu
30-03-09, 22:57
Another idea of the planter area is to DIY using Granite slabs (natural stone) and peebles. Apparently the granite slabs is ~$15/piece and pebbles is $20 per 10kg. This may be a economical solution for the planter and it provides a very rustic and natural feel.

Only concern is I am not sure if the planter can allow such pay load (ie, Granite Slabs and Pebbles). It is really heavy if we lay the whole planter area. Will need to ask during key collection.

tortu
30-03-09, 23:09
For competitive ID quotes, one of the best way is to "hit" most ID at one stop shop. Visited Life Style 21 on Saturday and you can see that most ID are quite willing to drop their prices to meet your needs.

Most interesting ID that I came across is Rezt and Relax that offers lifetime warranty for workmanship. Not sure what that means (eg. their prices may be relative higher to factor in warranty). But the designer that discusses with us seems reasonable and sincere. Will have to wait for their quote.

UniMax Creative besides claiming that they have gotten 20 projects from Quartz, their team of designers look quite "beng" and their "Quartz Package" is at $12.8K and can even trade bay window laminate wood with solid surface at no extra cost.:confused:

vic
31-03-09, 02:28
Notice the door to the kitchen is wooden type....super ugly. Anyone changing to glass door sliding type??

Maybe can include that as one of the items for mass order too.

I still haven recif any letter about TOP :confused:

axela_3
31-03-09, 08:25
Presently, i am pretty confident on my maid. Any idea what is the price range for installing CCTV?

I think it is easier just to stick with emailing for bulk purchases matter.

As for the portal, we can discuss it in the next meet up. Anyway, we also need this kind of things for Facility booking in future.

Hi Issac,

I've paid about $1300 for my setup including installation. It's a H.264 system complete with remote control and 320G HDD. In the package, it comes with 4 cameras with Sony chips and also remote access thru the web or 3G.

TQ1
31-03-09, 08:37
It depends. I try to take some photo few months back near the swimming pools. A China supervisor stopped me. He told me not allow to take photo before completion. :tongue3:

I think as the contruction is ending now, don't think they will stop you for going in to take a look. I was there yesterday evening at the pool area and also inside the building, looks like they are clearing up the place for TOP already. Saw someone actually inside the units at stack 33. Will likely pop by again this weekend.

Unimax called me yesterday to inform me that they had about 20 plus Quartz owners already signed with them. They asked me to go down to their company as they will like to show me the propose ID for our unit. Do not need to bring down our floor plan as they claimed that they already have it. Will go and visit them in the next few days to see what they can offer ...

axela_3
31-03-09, 08:43
Hello,
Jz a recomm.. my colleague's hubby owes a company specialized in CCTV. I can try to get a good discount for those who really needs CCTV, tho we don't need 1 :)

Hi Ctam,

Sure. Y dun you pass me his number so that I can find out prices from him.

isaaclim
31-03-09, 08:44
For competitive ID quotes, one of the best way is to "hit" most ID at one stop shop. Visited Life Style 21 on Saturday and you can see that most ID are quite willing to drop their prices to meet your needs.

Most interesting ID that I came across is Rezt and Relax that offers lifetime warranty for workmanship. Not sure what that means (eg. their prices may be relative higher to factor in warranty). But the designer that discusses with us seems reasonable and sincere. Will have to wait for their quote.

UniMax Creative besides claiming that they have gotten 20 projects from Quartz, their team of designers look quite "beng" and their "Quartz Package" is at $12.8K and can even trade bay window laminate wood with solid surface at no extra cost.:confused:

Please do advise once you get the quote from Rezt&Relax.
It is a bit on the high side for my quote. They claims they are using better material. But it does not look that great on the actual unit that i visited. Especially, the choice of colours. Really not meet my taste. But they said that is indian owner. Hmm...

I think "Lifetime warranty" means "as long as we still there i will service for you at reasonable charge for those that not due to poor workmanship".

Unimax is definitely a much bigger and stable firm. They should be one of the biggest in "Build and Design" category. But, they claims they are a level higher - A real designer firm. I will meet with Unimax tomorrow nite for the quotation of my reno work. Let's see if their price also a level higher then NorthWest.

So far, NorthWest is the most attractive one in term of the price + company size.

tortu
31-03-09, 09:17
It is a bit on the high side for my quote. They claims they are using better material. But it does not look that great on the actual unit that i visited. Especially, the choice of colours. Really not meet my taste. But they said that is indian owner. Hmm...

I think "Lifetime warranty" means "as long as we still there i will service for you at reasonable charge for those that not due to poor workmanship".

Unimax is definitely a much bigger and stable firm. They should be one of the biggest in "Build and Design" category. But, they claims they are a level higher - A real designer firm. I will meet with Unimax tomorrow nite for the quotation of my reno work. Let's see if their price also a level higher then NorthWest.

So far, NorthWest is the most attractive one in term of the price + company size.

Sure, I will let you know once I hear anything from Rezt&Relax. How high is R&R quote?

I think we also have to be careful in not just looking at price as the workmanship and material quality does vary the price a lot.

For example, Inner View that I talk to offer a quote < $9K but I am not sure how is their quality etc.

Anyway, I will let you know after they get back to me.

isaaclim
31-03-09, 10:12
Sure, I will let you know once I hear anything from Rezt&Relax. How high is R&R quote?

I think we also have to be careful in not just looking at price as the workmanship and material quality does vary the price a lot.

For example, Inner View that I talk to offer a quote < $9K but I am not sure how is their quality etc.

Anyway, I will let you know after they get back to me.

Sure. But compare Unimax with NorthWest should be a fair flight. Both of them all have HDB License + Case Trust as well as have done 1mil+ commercial project recently.

ctam
31-03-09, 10:29
Hi Ctam,

Sure. Y dun you pass me his number so that I can find out prices from him.
Hi axela_3,

Sorry, jz checked out with my colleague, her hubby's doing industrial building, not residential :o

FSSYeo
31-03-09, 11:50
To those that made it to the 1st meetup, it's was a great start. Let's hope that we can get our little community moving and growing!

For the 2nd meetup, we'll hold it 2 weeks from now. Any objections?

Hi..I missed the 1st gathering..2 week ( 2nd week april) , i will b around to meet..do add me in

FSSYeo
31-03-09, 11:55
Hi Queensway,

Pls add me in for the Chenggai planter's list. Thanks.:)

Hi,

Do add me in too..Sorry I dont know to search for the link for the planter's list..Thanks

cher
31-03-09, 12:49
I think as the contruction is ending now, don't think they will stop you for going in to take a look. I was there yesterday evening at the pool area and also inside the building, looks like they are clearing up the place for TOP already. Saw someone actually inside the units at stack 33. Will likely pop by again this weekend.

Unimax called me yesterday to inform me that they had about 20 plus Quartz owners already signed with them. They asked me to go down to their company as they will like to show me the propose ID for our unit. Do not need to bring down our floor plan as they claimed that they already have it. Will go and visit them in the next few days to see what they can offer ...

Unimax have 20 units of Quartz??? that will be a concern for me, who knows all the unit may look the same or similiar? That saves them a lot of effort in being creative and I for sure will not want my house to look the same like my neighbour.

isaaclim
31-03-09, 13:10
Unimax have 20 units of Quartz??? that will be a concern for me, who knows all the unit may look the same or similiar? That saves them a lot of effort in being creative and I for sure will not want my house to look the same like my neighbour.

That is only the bare bone. It still depend on the theme you choose + the items that u display + the people that stay there...

TQ1
31-03-09, 13:16

The designer did mention that though 20 units of Quartz owners already signed up with them, they will ensure that the theme will be customize for the individual family.

axela_3
31-03-09, 13:33
Hi axela_3,

Sorry, jz checked out with my colleague, her hubby's doing industrial building, not residential :o

No probs.

Anyway, just a reminder to all, if you wanna be included into the list for CCTV, please add in your name in one of the earlier threads I've posted. Thanks!

Cot
31-03-09, 14:17
Another idea of the planter area is to DIY using Granite slabs (natural stone) and peebles. Apparently the granite slabs is ~$15/piece and pebbles is $20 per 10kg. This may be a economical solution for the planter and it provides a very rustic and natural feel.

Only concern is I am not sure if the planter can allow such pay load (ie, Granite Slabs and Pebbles). It is really heavy if we lay the whole planter area. Will need to ask during key collection.

Another thing to remember is to ensure water will flow through the gaps..else our house will accumulate water (plus mosquito)..cos using Chenai wood, I know that water will drain to the pipe below..

cher
31-03-09, 15:24
The designer did mention that though 20 units of Quartz owners already signed up with them, they will ensure that the theme will be customize for the individual family.

Unless it is handle by different designer otherwise how different can it be? Maybe only different color in here and there?

quartz
31-03-09, 16:32

Hi TQ1,

They do have the floor plan as I was there last week.

Apparently, they managed to get a copy of the brochure for the Quartz.

Do let me have your feedback.

tortu
31-03-09, 16:59
Another thing to remember is to ensure water will flow through the gaps..else our house will accumulate water (plus mosquito)..cos using Chenai wood, I know that water will drain to the pipe below..

Cot,

Thanks for the reminder. I did think of that too, but if I lay the granite slabs with pebbles surrounding it, I guess water will drain through?

For Chenai wood decking, I am not sure if the wood can last very long given all the possible rain and shine.

I am still battling between wood and granite now. But worry that granite is too heavy for the planter area. Anyone has any idea whether granite slabs for planter is acceptable?

tortu
31-03-09, 17:05
Hi TQ1,

Yes, you are right. They seems to have more info on Quartz than anyone of us.

As a matter of fact, after I pull out my floor plan, the designer pull a customized "Quartz Package" hardcopy print that stipulated the entire ID + reno at $12,888.

Like I said, I asked them if I can replace the laminate wood ledge at the bay window with solid surface. The designer actually committed that he will "throw" that in at no extra cost.:confused:

isaaclim
31-03-09, 17:16
Cot,

Thanks for the reminder. I did think of that too, but if I lay the granite slabs with pebbles surrounding it, I guess water will drain through?

For Chenai wood decking, I am not sure if the wood can last very long given all the possible rain and shine.

I am still battling between wood and granite now. But worry that granite is too heavy for the planter area. Anyone has any idea whether granite slabs for planter is acceptable?

I was told that they will apply some kind of coating on top. So, it will not be so easy to fade off due to rain and shine.

Why do you need to fill all the planter area with stones? You can first have a wooden platform to raise up a bit, then put whatever stone you want on top of it.

quartz
31-03-09, 17:20

Hi Isaaclim,

Do update us after your meeting with Unimax.

Thanks.

tortu
31-03-09, 17:20
I was told that they will apply some kind of coating on top. So, it will not be so easy to fade off due to rain and shine.

Why do you need to fill all the planter area with stones? You can first have a wooden platform to raise up a bit, then put whatever stone you want on top of it.

I wanted to lay pebbles so that my 2.5 years little rascal will have difficulty stepping out to the planter. Though I will be installing grilles but just want to make it "feet" unfriendly.

isaaclim
31-03-09, 17:25
Yes, you are right. They seems to have more info on Quartz than anyone of us.

As a matter of fact, after I pull out my floor plan, the designer pull a customized "Quartz Package" hardcopy print that stipulated the entire ID + reno at $12,888.

Like I said, I asked them if I can replace the laminate wood ledge at the bay window with solid surface. The designer actually committed that he will "throw" that in at no extra cost.:confused:

In fact, verneer is slightly more expensive then laminate.

Do you realize in that package they do not have ceiling work at Dinning area + bedroom?

So, i am going to ask them to give it for free... Let's see...

tortu
31-03-09, 17:31
In fact, verneer is slightly more expensive then laminate.

Do you realize in that package they do not have ceiling work at Dinning area + bedroom?

So, i am going to ask them to give it for free... Let's see...

I think you can certainly try as they seem to be very willing to close the deal. Really doesn't look like someone mentality that closes 20 deals with this project.

I realized that we have to be careful with the false ceiling in the living as the air-con blower is mounted very high up close to the ceiling already. A typical false celing will need 150mm box height, which means that the aircon may be embedded or sunken into the false ceiling (very ugly). Hence need to avoid having false ceiling near the air-con blower, need to play with the L-box layout.

caspercasper
31-03-09, 17:40
wow... thanks for the quotation from unimax. but i realized that there quite a number of items missing from them le. e.g. electrical points. so far,

i have gone to a few designers and they have quoted me 2k plus. Have to run about 40 points if u want down-lights, L-box lights.
then again, it depends on how much lighting points and "design" u want. i am pretty amazed at the low quotations they have charged. even having a quartz package.
looks to me like quite a lot of hidden costs which may spiral to a lot more. and as one of u have mentioned, it makes the designer job simple as they may merely just do a "cut and paste" job, changing just one or two items.

i am not suggesting anything but guys do a look ard first before u commit. do u want to go for "designer" or the Real Designing. U might want to at least check under the IDAC if they are registered as a member. if not, they can say they are designer but end up its like contractor type then really not worth it.

and for those doing bulk purchase, my 2 cent worth is that u check with the ID. Cos things like chengai wood may be able to get better price from them.

isaaclim
31-03-09, 18:39
wow... thanks for the quotation from unimax. but i realized that there quite a number of items missing from them le. e.g. electrical points. so far,

i have gone to a few designers and they have quoted me 2k plus. Have to run about 40 points if u want down-lights, L-box lights.
then again, it depends on how much lighting points and "design" u want. i am pretty amazed at the low quotations they have charged. even having a quartz package.
looks to me like quite a lot of hidden costs which may spiral to a lot more. and as one of u have mentioned, it makes the designer job simple as they may merely just do a "cut and paste" job, changing just one or two items.

i am not suggesting anything but guys do a look ard first before u commit. do u want to go for "designer" or the Real Designing. U might want to at least check under the IDAC if they are registered as a member. if not, they can say they are designer but end up its like contractor type then really not worth it.

and for those doing bulk purchase, my 2 cent worth is that u check with the ID. Cos things like chengai wood may be able to get better price from them.

It is a common practice that they don't include Electrical works in the quotation. Because it is work not don't by them. They will get electrician and do the coordination for you only.

Please don't comment to much on that Unimax's package now. Because that is not the package that we will go for as a group. If we go as a group, we definitely have to expect more :)

Rapister
31-03-09, 18:49
It is a common practice that they don't include Electrical works in the quotation. Because it is work not don't by them. They will get electrician and do the coordination for you only.

Please don't comment to much on that Unimax's package now. Because that is not the package that we will go for as a group. If we go as a group, we definitely have to expect more :)
better be careful

wat bulk purchase lah, cheaper lah

in the end maybe SOME PEOPLE earning comission from u, u oso dunno

Cot
31-03-09, 22:04
Cot,

But granite slabs with pebbles, will it be difficult to clean? I fear a certain part will be slippery..Must check with ID whether it is feasible..
I'm not very sure...

Chenai wood is for outdoors, so I think should be long lasting..Many parks uses external wood to lay as well..

TQ1
31-03-09, 22:28
But granite slabs with pebbles, will it be difficult to clean? I fear a certain part will be slippery..Must check with ID whether it is feasible..
I'm not very sure...

Chenai wood is for outdoors, so I think should be long lasting..Many parks uses external wood to lay as well..

For me, I will still prefer chengai wood rather than granite slabs with pebbles. I think obvious reason is that chengai wood looks much neater than the pebbles. With chengai wood decking, it create a feeling of a mini balcony which in term make our sitting room more "spacious".:2cents:

isaaclim
31-03-09, 22:46
better be careful

wat bulk purchase lah, cheaper lah

in the end maybe SOME PEOPLE earning comission from u, u oso dunno

We all do it very openly. No need to shoot poisionous arrow...

tortu
31-03-09, 23:25

Just ignore this Rapist, he doesnt belong to Quartz. As a matter of fact, I am not even sure he belongs to Earth.

Just treat his posting as FART, and soon he will CONSTIPATE!

isaaclim
01-04-09, 05:11
I have created a forum at http://thequartz.sgboards.com
for more specific discussion about The Quartz.

Please join up.

Rapister
01-04-09, 05:18
hmmmmmmmm better be careful.........

anyway this thread quite good no need change here change there

axela_3
01-04-09, 08:08

Bro,

Just ignore him. It's the very sole reason of people like him that we've set up a private forum for ourselves.

tortu
01-04-09, 09:19
I have created a forum at http://thequartz.sgboards.com
for more specific discussion about The Quartz.

Please join up.

Isaac,
Thanks

isaaclim
01-04-09, 13:43
Hi,

I have created individual thread for items that we have been discussed. If you are interested to team up for bulk purchases, please add your name and unit no in the corresponding thread.

Queensway, can you create a thread for laundry hanger? Just too lazy to search for it :)

isaaclim
01-04-09, 13:47
As this project is coming to the corner of TOP, for anymore constructive discussion more post in on http://thequartz.sgboards.com.

Look forward for shines of A star in North East Singapore. Hurrah!

shespawn
01-04-09, 14:27

this Rapister has been posting negative or offensive comments. Wonder what this guy's real intention? either saying people's hubby xiao bai lien, or stewardess are brainless pple.

kasper
01-04-09, 14:38
Hi,

I have created individual thread for items that we have been discussed. If you are interested to team up for bulk purchases, please add your name and unit no in the corresponding thread.

Queensway, can you create a thread for laundry hanger? Just too lazy to search for it :)

Hi, under which forum are you refering to? Can we just stick to one?

Rapister
01-04-09, 15:54
As this project is coming to the corner of TOP, for anymore constructive discussion more post in on http://thequartz.sgboards.com.

Look forward for shines of A star in North East Singapore. Hurrah!

working for unimax is it? just admit lah. i know of such people. create forum all this. in the end earn like crazy from comission.

BEWARE!!

i good heart give u all warning first.

anyway its not dunno wat star in the north. u think u r big boss, can help guocoland give tagline? its shining gem in north east. its called QUARTZ, not STAR.

isaaclim
01-04-09, 16:30
working for unimax is it? just admit lah. i know of such people. create forum all this. in the end earn like crazy from comission.

BEWARE!!

i good heart give u all warning first.

anyway its not dunno wat star in the north. u think u r big boss, can help guocoland give tagline? its shining gem in north east. its called QUARTZ, not STAR.

Can't we name the star as The Quartz. It is in capital letter... idiot...!!!

bitebite
01-04-09, 17:54
Hi,

Anyone know what is the height of our unit? Wanted to install ceiling fan, but wonder whether it should be the low ceiling type or high ceiling type.

Cot
01-04-09, 21:00
Hi,

Anyone know what is the height of our unit? Wanted to install ceiling fan, but wonder whether it should be the low ceiling type or high ceiling type.

2.8m-2.9m,

goldenbunny
01-04-09, 21:51
- Unity ( Laminated )
- tor (laminated ledge with ABS)

Hi, I'm new here. Just start to join this forum today. Just wanna noe what does it mean with ABS

tortu
01-04-09, 22:03
Hi, I'm new here. Just start to join this forum today. Just wanna noe what does it mean with ABS

ABS means a protective trimming around the edge of laminate to prevent it from peeling off from wear and tear.

goldenbunny
01-04-09, 22:10
ABS means a protective trimming around the edge of laminate to prevent it from peeling off from wear and tear.

Thanks for the info.

:)

goldenbunny
01-04-09, 22:28
Hi Quartzbie

Thats great, most owners does not have the dimension of their planter hence would have to wait till receipt of keys/floorplan. At least we have the figures to neg...

Nevertheless, i have told by one of the vendor to base on my unit dimension for quote of 10 units & he is giving me a super good price of $500+- for both planter area quoted. Expect most of the planter to falls around the same area or even bigger. (Those bigger units of cos have to pay more for the material used.) (Its chengai with 2 coating + 1 yr warranty! Direct wholesaler...) Was told that we can go to his warehouse in Spore to view the quality of the chengai used.

So far, basing on the request response we should be hitting more then 10 units. We shall wait for our actual floorplan to act further.

Pls PM me for those interested with your contact. Maybe can arrange a session of visiting for Chengai & laundry hanger...:)

Thanks for the information. We will contact u once gotta key.:)

caspercasper
02-04-09, 00:41
i realize that some of u all are spending close to 20k on your reno... excluding chengai... does it include electrical? and to think u all still say 20k too expensive initially when i read the previous forum posts. guess pple realize after all that 20k is worth paying for good reno right.

Rapister
02-04-09, 03:58
Can't we name the star as The Quartz. It is in capital letter... idiot...!!!
hmmm calling people names because i spoil your plan to earn comission??

the quartz is not for you to change name here and there

u so good? help so many people save money by bulk order? u tink contractor are so stupid to give discount to everyone?

BULK ORDER = BULK COMISSION for you is it? new car? knn!

TQ1
02-04-09, 08:48
Hi TQ1,

Hi Quartz,

I was there to meet with the UNIMAX ID last night. I think if you were there last week, you should have known that they had actually prepared 4 different packages for "The Quartz" owners. Prices ranging from $9,888 for a standard package to a $21,888 for a luxury type.

Overall the packages with the promotional prices are quite attractive for those owners who will like their units to be done exactly as they planned for us.

But on the flip side, for some owners like myself who is going to deviate from the original design will find that the package offer are not too "flexible". The ID said that it is not advisable to take out items in the so call offer items from the list. For instance, if I do not need a TV console in my master bedroom, I will need to divert this item to my other bedroom and etc.

Another point to take note is that one of the senior ID (more to a salesman) is quite "pushy". He wants us to commit on a package even without seeing the full proposal (as I need additional work to be done for my other bedrooms).

I will likely explore with Northwest (From Isaac's list of ID) to do a comparison.

kennt
02-04-09, 11:27

u so good? help so many people save money by bulk order? u tink contractor are so stupid to give discount to everyone?

u think ppl will be so stupid to buy without comparing price? If they can get good deal, why not? we are helping helping each other to save cost and here u're accusing someone taking commission. I understand u'll get con if it's an open forum but these ppl had met and i believe the level of trust is there. Moreover, we will be neighbours. Go back to your shithole and eat your organic food. Oh yes, does organic food make you scold ppl mother?

SIA
02-04-09, 12:10
u think ppl will be so stupid to buy without comparing price? If they can get good deal, why not? we are helping helping each other to save cost and here u're accusing someone taking commission. I understand u'll get con if it's an open forum but these ppl had met and i believe the level of trust is there. Moreover, we will be neighbours. Go back to your shithole and eat your organic food. Oh yes, does organic food make you scold ppl mother?

Hi kennt,

This is not the first time he did it and would not be the last time. So the best way is just to ignore him.

I have not seen your post for quite a while. Come join the new forum at www.thequartz.sgboards.com.

quartz
02-04-09, 13:48

Quick, some one call the SPCA.... The Mad Dog is on the loose again......

:tongue3:

davidcpg2002
02-04-09, 14:29
Hi I m new to posting threads here:scared-4: . I'm also TQ owner. Blk 61. Anyone bought unit there? btw- saw that queensway got a quote for chengai for $500+. That's much cheaper that what my ID quote me- so can I join in the purchase? :)

CrAzY
02-04-09, 14:46
Hi I m new to posting threads here:scared-4: . I'm also TQ owner. Blk 61. Anyone bought unit there? btw- saw that queensway got a quote for chengai for $500+. That's much cheaper that what my ID quote me- so can I join in the purchase? :)

Welcome. :)

kennt
02-04-09, 15:05
Hi kennt,

This is not the first time he did it and would not be the last time. So the best way is just to ignore him.

I have not seen your post for quite a while. Come join the new forum at www.thequartz.sgboards.com.

Yes, i've been away. Normally I'll ignore him but he need some bashing this time for false statement. BTW, i have also register myself using the same nick in the new forum. Nice work Issac!

quartz
02-04-09, 16:32
Yes, i've been away. Normally I'll ignore him but he need some bashing this time for false statement. BTW, i have also register myself using the same nick in the new forum. Nice work Issac!

Hi Ken,

Welcome back.

We're going to meet up again soon. Hope you can join in our next meeting.

J&J
02-04-09, 17:45
Hi Queensway

Thanks so much for all the coordination work.

Pls find attached with my inclusion.

Hi Queenway

Thanks for coordinating. Please include me too.

Pls find attached the updated list.

kennt
02-04-09, 17:48
Hi Ken,

Welcome back.

We're going to meet up again soon. Hope you can join in our next meeting.

Thanks. I'll try to make it provided i'm not out of town. :)

axela_3
02-04-09, 17:53
Quick, some one call the SPCA.... The Mad Dog is on the loose again......

:tongue3:

SPCA won't work bro. Gotta call AVA.

Cot
02-04-09, 20:45
Look at the kitchen false celling..Can we install the retractable hanger on false celling? Need to be on RC celling right?

quartz
02-04-09, 22:37
SPCA won't work bro. Gotta call AVA.

Right....

I think we need pest control too....

Hee

goldenbunny
03-04-09, 00:09
Folks,

I have still a few who have not voice their selection...

Appreciate all to revert latest by tomorrow

1) Lim Joe CI
2) Annie Wee
3) Piper
4) Alam Tam
5) Paul
6) Unity
7) Cheewing
8) Bernard & Evelyn
9) LA

Hi, can i join in for the bulk purchases?
Attach is the updated list. Thanks

queensway
03-04-09, 08:55
Look at the kitchen false celling..Can we install the retractable hanger on false celling? Need to be on RC celling right?

Knwn from vendor that all false/high ceiling require a set of bracket to hold the laundry hanger.

Pls refer to the sgboard forum created on the pricing details.
http://thequartz.sgboards.com/
Cheers

Quartzbie
03-04-09, 16:48
Hi guys...any one got lobang for sub sale? got a freind who is interested....please let me know the name and contact. Thanks.

Rapister
03-04-09, 17:59
introduce a lot of people and then earn comission. earn from chengai supplier, earn from ID, earn from hanger supplier. they say is cheaper but comission already go into pocket.

simple. nothing to argue.

spiker10
03-04-09, 20:13
Yoz Rapister!

organise one for us leh! Then u can earn commision too! SUch a smart fella, should see the opportunity shining right? In that way we can even meet up! WOW! Oops...think u dun do lowly condos like ours......WHEN CAN WE GET KEYS?!

Rapister
04-04-09, 05:03
Yoz Rapister!

organise one for us leh! Then u can earn commision too! SUch a smart fella, should see the opportunity shining right? In that way we can even meet up! WOW! Oops...think u dun do lowly condos like ours......WHEN CAN WE GET KEYS?!

im not black heart like some people

spiker10
04-04-09, 09:55
Hi Hi! I still wanna be included in the bulk purchase for Chengai wood. pls include me

bellatmj
04-04-09, 12:40
hi, would like to join in the for the bulk purchase of bay windows dressing too. not too sure if the below list is the latest. pardon me if it isnt. :)
saw a sengkang house online which did a laminated ledge for 2 rooms@$800. not really sure of the market rate though.
attached the pic.

- Unity ( Laminated )
- TQ1 (Laminated ledge)
- tor (Laminated ledge with ABS)
- bellatmj (Laminated ledge)

goldenbunny
05-04-09, 22:32
Chengai Decking

Namelist keen to join bulk purchase

Queensway
ctam
Bellatmj
Cot
TQ1
Windytrombone
goldenbunny

Pls add on if you wanna to join.....
Pls email me your name + nickname for easy ref.

Hi Queensway,

Can add me in too?

Thanks
goldenbunny:)

goldenbunny
05-04-09, 22:51
hi, would like to join in the for the bulk purchase of bay windows dressing too. not too sure if the below list is the latest. pardon me if it isnt. :)
saw a sengkang house online which did a laminated ledge for 2 rooms@$800. not really sure of the market rate though.
attached the pic.

- Unity ( Laminated )
- TQ1 (Laminated ledge)

Hi All,

I am still considering whether to choose Laminated Ledge or Solid top. Yesterday, I came across an ad in "My Paper" pg A30. Its a company name "Goodhill Enterprise". It say about "Merbau Timber Deck" that is Weather and Termite resistance. It hv an webpage www.goodhill.com (http://www.goodhill.com). It has Solid wood top for the window bay. I call to ask for the price, they say $28/sft. From the website, it look not bad. Can anyone give some advice.

Thanks
goldenbunny:)

Cot
05-04-09, 22:54
I saw this from one of the threads in other areas within this forum.. This is not true right?
Extracts:
<Thanks for the tip! Just called them this morning to arrange for the delivery. By the way, we checked with the developer about it and according to them, the govt doesn't allow concealed piping for gas anymore ever since that dangerous gas leak incident, hence, back to LPG gas...>

Cot
05-04-09, 23:19
Some photos taken :)

chang
06-04-09, 13:21
Some photos taken :)

Hi Cot, cant see the photos? can repost? thanks.

Cot
06-04-09, 22:55
Hi Cot, cant see the photos? can repost? thanks.

I tried but can't..guess the photos resolution is too huge

isaaclim
08-04-09, 11:19
I tried but can't..guess the photos resolution is too huge

If you can, email it to me. I will post it online.

chang
08-04-09, 13:57
If you can, email it to me. I will post it online.

Issac, can u upload the photos from Cot to the new forum u created? Thanks.

isaaclim
08-04-09, 14:05
Issac, can u upload the photos from Cot to the new forum u created? Thanks.

I have not received anythings from him. :(

roycfw
08-04-09, 23:39
Hi All

Anyone encountered problem logging into http://thequartz.sgboards.com?:doh:

bitebite
09-04-09, 00:04
Hi All

Yeap, cannot log in. Maybe Rapister hacks into the system.

roycfw
09-04-09, 00:05
Hi All

goldenbunny
09-04-09, 00:34
Hi All

Till now, I still can't log in. :doh:

isaaclim
09-04-09, 06:05
Till now, I still can't log in. :doh:

Have emailed the webmaster. Let's see what is their reply.

tortu
09-04-09, 08:35
Have emailed the webmaster. Let's see what is their reply.

Yes, our beloved website is still down when I try this morning. Anyway, we can discuss more as we meet up this Sunday. See ya!

isaaclim
09-04-09, 10:30
Yes, our beloved website is still down when I try this morning. Anyway, we can discuss more as we meet up this Sunday. See ya!

We are back online!

Rapister
10-04-09, 18:07
Meeting this Sunday? Where ah?

vic
11-04-09, 02:44
Meeting this Sunday? Where ah?

Sentosa Underwater world :)

kitz
11-04-09, 03:33
Sentosa Underwater world :)

Ya, u wanna join us? Guess it will be an honour to see u there Rapist!!!

awgx88
11-04-09, 11:05
attached the pic.

- Unity ( Laminated )
- TQ1 (Laminated ledge)
- awgx88 (Laminted ledge / Solid top)

quartz
11-04-09, 16:03
Ya, u wanna join us? Guess it will be an honour to see u there Rapist!!!

Ya... Join us at Sentosa Underwater World. And don't worry..... We are all nice ppl..... Won't hammer you......:hell-hath-no-fury:

marshallwan
12-04-09, 11:14
I was at the showroom a few times in the past 2 weeks. Was told that only 2 units left unsold. #18-33 and #17-33 at Blk 33. The one at #17-33 had got a roof top terrace priced at $998K. the other one is at $956K. the former is at 1602 sq ft and the latter is at 1367sq ft.

I realise both face north south accept for the living hall facing west sun. The #17-33 is really a rare unit and only one in the whole of QUARTZ.

Can anyone advise if this unit is a good buy for the price with the west sun on the living hall?

i12mmo2
12-04-09, 15:31
Hi,

I bought a unit in the same stack. If price is not an issue to you..I think the 17F unit is a lovely unit. Love the balcony...the space. I think it is lovely to be sitting out there watching the stars. 17F would be very breezy.

As for the west sun..personally, I dont think it is an issue because it is not affecting the bed rooms. On the other hand, it all depends on your lifestyle.

Cheers

Cot
12-04-09, 17:56
The afternoon sun will only be around 2-3pm..after that sun set will be blocked by the other stacks..
The selling point of TQ, I would think is the convenience of MRT and the 24hr coffee shop & NTUC.
To be frank, if I had $900K+, I will go and purchase a freehold somewhere in the East :) This is my personal preference.
But if you really like this place, just buy it..cos this is the home you will be staying in for long time..you must buy something you like most...
I have bought a unit in TQ :)

coburn
12-04-09, 21:59
I was at the showroom a few times in the past 2 weeks. Was told that only 2 units left unsold. #18-33 and #17-33 at Blk 33. The one at #17-33 had got a roof top terrace priced at $998K. the other one is at $956K. the former is at 1602 sq ft and the latter is at 1367sq ft.

I realise both face north south accept for the living hall facing west sun. The #17-33 is really a rare unit and only one in the whole of QUARTZ.

Can anyone advise if this unit is a good buy for the price with the west sun on the living hall?

Hi

I was also looking at this unit until i realise it gets the west sun.

At 17th floor, I dont think other blocks will help to block out the west sun. It is simply too high. What is your concept regarding the rooftop terrace?
It will also get the west sun so you have to think carefully what is acceptable to you.

And I also think the 3rd bedroom will get the west sun.
From personal experience, if you get the west sun, it is really hot.

Since it is going to TOP soon, why not wait till it is completed then judge for yourself? Maybe wont be that bad, but you have to take the risk it might be bought by others.

just my 2 cents

tortu
12-04-09, 23:07
Hi

I was also looking at this unit until i realise it gets the west sun.

At 17th floor, I dont think other blocks will help to block out the west sun. It is simply too high. What is your concept regarding the rooftop terrace?
It will also get the west sun so you have to think carefully what is acceptable to you.

And I also think the 3rd bedroom will get the west sun.
From personal experience, if you get the west sun, it is really hot.

Since it is going to TOP soon, why not wait till it is completed then judge for yourself? Maybe wont be that bad, but you have to take the risk it might be bought by others.

just my 2 cents

I have to agree with Coburn, it will get the west sun as I drive pass this place to and fro work everyday. 17th and 18th will not escape the west sun. I was initially looking at stack 33 as I need the bigger space but have to give up due to the west sun. Hence have to settle for a sub-sales unit at stack 19 since it is the next bigger unit at 1367sqft.

marshallwan
12-04-09, 23:42
Thank for the feedback from all those who responded to my earlier call for opinion. It appeared that to each his own and very subjective. There is always the conception that the higher floor is windy. It is also facing north south if you look at the orientation and yet west is also hitting at the same time. Hence the convergence of the wind from the north and the west meet at the center and thus create a neutrality of cool/warm. Just my theory.

I was banking on the roof top terrace as my main stay of my interest. I was told that it was marketed for $1.2 M in the good time. Not too sure if the agent was telling the truth.

I was also prepare to negotiate with them once I am ready to offer. I just want to hear more opinion. The part on the physical viewing whilst on TOP was necessary for me to put the nail beyond the coffin. Hopefully, no one secure the unit before I do that.

I was hoping that some friend here can also help me to see if I could secure a 1367sq ft with patio at the ground floor.

No one is selling this kind under sub-sales.

Please let me know if you come across. Was wondering what is cost of such unit if available?

marshallwan
12-04-09, 23:49
The roof top terrace of 237 sq ft is considered relatively big. As indicated that there is no unit in TQ having such a design.

If you spend some budget in designing the roof top terrace, it could be very appealing when u are sitting in the living hall looking out to the terrace.

On the flip side, if you are staying on the 18 and 19th floor from other stack, they can see something unqiue on #17-33. this is is more enticing in the nite if the terrace is lighted up. with the live trees dangling from 17th floor, the building up a woodeen roof if installed can made this terrace eye-starring from all other stack.

That is what my dream house is like.

Now is the time to wait for the TOP to allow me to view the unit before I put my $48K or 5% installment to seal the deal.

Just my thought...

kelvin74
13-04-09, 16:05
Dear all,

Anyone here can update when we can collect the key from the developer? :)

i12mmo2
13-04-09, 19:36
The roof top terrace of 237 sq ft is considered relatively big. As indicated that there is no unit in TQ having such a design.

If you spend some budget in designing the roof top terrace, it could be very appealing when u are sitting in the living hall looking out to the terrace.

On the flip side, if you are staying on the 18 and 19th floor from other stack, they can see something unqiue on #17-33. this is is more enticing in the nite if the terrace is lighted up. with the live trees dangling from 17th floor, the building up a woodeen roof if installed can made this terrace eye-starring from all other stack.

Now is the time to wait for the TOP to allow me to view the unit before I put my $48K or 5% installment to seal the deal.

Just my thought...

If I am not wrong, on the 17th Floor..there is a link to the secret garden. This is an additional space that you can use when you have a party. But you need to confirm this with the developer. It is also unlikely for the other residents to come all the way up to utilize this space. So, I think, it is going to be a very private space for you.

I was one of the last few buyers of this stack...if my unit were not available..I would have taken this unit on the 17F.

At the same time, if you are concern whether for the same amount, you could get a better condo in other parts of Singapore, try using property guru. Typed in your budget and the floor space that you are looking for and you will see a list of condo that are available for your selection.

Happy searching....

marshallwan
14-04-09, 08:49
Thanks for your feedback. It is a big investment for #17-33. Some have different opinion. I suppose at the end of the day,it is the buyer that need to see how it meet their need.

I did not know there is a secret garden link to the 17th Floor. That was why I was hoping that upon TOP it is still unsold and I can see the visual part of it.

This way there is a peace of mind.

Anyone can advise other unit with sizable pation on the ground floor or high floor for sales. I am more than please to examine if #17-33 is drop my my radar?

If I am not wrong, on the 17th Floor..there is a link to the secret garden. This is an additional space that you can use when you have a party. But you need to confirm this with the developer. It is also unlikely for the other residents to come all the way up to utilize this space. So, I think, it is going to be a very private space for you.

I was one of the last few buyers of this stack...if my unit were not available..I would have taken this unit on the 17F.

At the same time, if you are concern whether for the same amount, you could get a better condo in other parts of Singapore, try using property guru. Typed in your budget and the floor space that you are looking for and you will see a list of condo that are available for your selection.

Happy searching....

coburn
14-04-09, 10:53
The roof top terrace of 237 sq ft is considered relatively big.

Just my thought...

Hi Marshellwan

It seems you are pretty keen on 17-33.

Like you, I like the idea of having a rooftop terrace.
Do up a simple shelter and have table bbq eating my fav beef karubi
Set up a swing and enjoy tea, mooncakes under the stars.
That's why 17-33 is pretty attractive.

But the west sun is a deal-breaker.
Living room, bedroom 3 and roof terrace will be very hot and I might not get to enjoy the house the way i envisioned.

Well, hope the unit remains available for you. Maybe the high pricetag will deter buyers and you have a chance to buy when it TOPs.

marshallwan
14-04-09, 13:34
After hearing so many view, I better drop my dream house for #17-33.

I am still keen to see to the ground floor with bigger patio.

Anyway know of any lobang?

Hi Marshellwan

Living room, bedroom 3 and roof terrace will be very hot and I might not get to enjoy the house the way i envisioned.

Well, hope the unit remains available for you. Maybe the high pricetag will deter buyers and you have a chance to buy when it TOPs.

charm
14-04-09, 16:51
I have to agree with Coburn, it will get the west sun as I drive pass this place to and fro work everyday. 17th and 18th will not escape the west sun. I was initially looking at stack 33 as I need the bigger space but have to give up due to the west sun. Hence have to settle for a sub-sales unit at stack 19 since it is the next bigger unit at 1367sqft.

Hi,
I've been wanted to get a big unit at TQ but :2cents: not enough ... so you were the one that offered high enough to get the sub-sales unit at stack 19! :tongue3:... anyway Congrats!... I can only envy u

By the way, may I know is 3% stamp duty applies to both new condo and resale condo?

Acer
14-04-09, 17:19
Hi,
I've been wanted to get a big unit at TQ but :2cents: not enough ... so you were the one that offered high enough to get the sub-sales unit at stack 19! :tongue3:... anyway Congrats!... I can only envy u

By the way, may I know is 3% stamp duty applies to both new condo and resale condo?

stamp duty applies to seller regardless is new or resale, private or HDB

tortu
14-04-09, 17:24
Hi,

Charm, I am not the only one offering that. In fact, I was 5 hrs earlier as my agent showed me a cheque that has another "potential" buyer who also offers that price.

I dont even know whether is this a good decision or not until today as developer starts dropping prices the very next day after I have confirmed.

i12mmo2
14-04-09, 20:06
Charm, I am not the only one offering that. In fact, I was 5 hrs earlier as my agent showed me a cheque that has another "potential" buyer who also offers that price.

I dont even know whether is this a good decision or not until today as developer starts dropping prices the very next day after I have confirmed.

Ha..ha...actually, I think many of us shared the same feeling too. Should we have waited? will the price come further down? But should the day come, when the price really comes down, will you still be in the queue?

As for the Quartz, the good thing is..it is about to TOP soon (a few weeks time). You don't have to wait for another 3 to 4 years and I really like the idea of being close to the MRT and the KPE.

If you have missed the Quartz..do not worry too much. Casa Merah is approaching TOP soon and may be, you could potentially get a good deal from there too. Casa Merah is very near to the MRT too. Very serene.

charm
15-04-09, 11:27
Ha..ha...actually, I think many of us shared the same feeling too. Should we have waited? will the price come further down? But should the day come, when the price really comes down, will you still be in the queue?

As for the Quartz, the good thing is..it is about to TOP soon (a few weeks time). You don't have to wait for another 3 to 4 years and I really like the idea of being close to the MRT and the KPE.

If you have missed the Quartz..do not worry too much. Casa Merah is approaching TOP soon and may be, you could potentially get a good deal from there too. Casa Merah is very near to the MRT too. Very serene.

U see, the thing is we are so used to this area. Hougang/Sengkang/Punggol... but too bad that not enuff cash for new devopment. Not intending to move to other district. Shall go into resale market now.

Again, congrats to the new owner of The Quartz! :cool:

charm
15-04-09, 11:30
stamp duty applies to seller regardless is new or resale, private or HDB

Huh? really? hm... my agent advise me to set aside 3% to pay for the stamp fee!??!:confused: :confused:

Can anyone lead me to the right side for this info?

Thanks in advance!

coburn
15-04-09, 11:36
Huh? really? hm... my agent advise me to set aside 3% to pay for the stamp fee!??!:confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance!

try this

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=1904

stamp duty is applicable to buyer
hence sometimes you see schemes like developer absorbing stamp duty, i.e. developer pays stamp duty on your behalf, to attract buyers as it reduces the buyer's cost.

charm
15-04-09, 16:19
try this

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=1904

stamp duty is applicable to buyer
hence sometimes you see schemes like developer absorbing stamp duty, i.e. developer pays stamp duty on your behalf, to attract buyers as it reduces the buyer's cost.

Thank you very much coburn!

isaaclim
16-04-09, 17:51

Thanks in advance!

In fact, it is less then 3%.

GEMS
16-04-09, 22:18
Anyone recieved news on the actual TOP date :confused:

marshallwan
17-04-09, 09:21
I heard from the latest souce, the issuing of key will commence around 2 weeks from now.

Good luck for those in the queue as I am still waiting for my decision on units that will suit me.

Anyone recieved news on the actual TOP date :confused:

chang
17-04-09, 16:00
I heard from the latest souce, the issuing of key will commence around 2 weeks from now.

Good luck for those in the queue as I am still waiting for my decision on units that will suit me.

marshall, is it from a reliable source? cos as a owner i can't wait to shift in...

isaaclim
17-04-09, 16:31
marshall, is it from a reliable source? cos as a owner i can't wait to shift in...

Being told the final inspection is on 28 Apr. So key collection can only be early of May.

chua may lee
17-04-09, 17:39
In fact, it is less then 3%.
Stamp duty calculation.
For example, bought a unit @S$700k.
1st 180k @1% = S$1.8k
2nd 180k @2% = S$3.6k
Rest @3% which is S$340k @3% = S$10,200.
Total stamp duty = 1.8 + 3.6 + 10,200 = S$15,600.

Faster way to calculate is:-
Apply 3% on S$700k, then minus S$5400.
S$5400 is the total of S$1.8k + S$3.6k

stevengoh76
17-04-09, 18:22
At which period will we need to pay the stamp duty?Is it from CPF or Cash?My purchase price is $540K......Pls advise me,thks!

Rapister
17-04-09, 18:32
quatz is nothing compared to my Caspian

much better buy and good location :spliff:

vic
17-04-09, 18:57

Ar? Diapian? Sorry didnt see rightly...tot u say nothing compared to ur shit.

errr...its quartz not quatz.

chua may lee
17-04-09, 19:24
At which period will we need to pay the stamp duty?Is it from CPF or Cash?My purchase price is $540K......Pls advise me,thks!
Yr stamp duty based on 540k will be:-
540k @3% minus 5.4k
Worked out to be 10.8k

U can either use CPF or cash to pay the stamp duty.

Sorry cant advise u on which period u need to pay the stamp duty.
Maybe u can check with yr lawyer.

stevengoh76
17-04-09, 21:02
Tks for replying!Any idea will this amount be paid off by the bank?My loan is from OCBC!

Rapister
17-04-09, 21:18
Ar? Diapian? Sorry didnt see rightly...tot u say nothing compared to ur shit.

errr...its quartz not quatz.

what a genius.
u must be an Axis 2 school teacher if u like to correct so much.

gfoo
17-04-09, 21:28
Tks for replying!Any idea will this amount be paid off by the bank?My loan is from OCBC!

unless regulations have changed, you have to pay on TOP typically. At that time, your lawyers will inform you and if you intend to pay for it using CPF, arrange for it to be drawn down from your CPF. otherwise, you have to pay cash. your loan doesn't cover stamp duty, neither will the bank loan extra for stamp duty

axela_3
17-04-09, 22:24

oh really??? I really am dumbfounded by your stupidity. Gosh, I'm starting to even wonder which hole were you given birth from. Must be from the drain near Caspian...

Oh by the way, enjoy the sound of the MRT train going past your Caspian at top speed everyday and at regular intervals. That's what you paid for anyway.

vic
18-04-09, 00:58
what a genius.
u must be an Axis 2 school teacher if u like to correct so much.

U dont know how to spell and now u dont know your grammer...lol :doh:

like that how to argue wif other ppl leh :banghead:

Rapister
18-04-09, 12:06
Do u even know what is Axis II?
I suggesting picking up at DSM criteria to look it up.

cher
18-04-09, 17:14

Your Caspian is nothing compared to my Mi Casa

vic
18-04-09, 19:55
Do u even know what is Axis II?
I suggesting picking up at DSM criteria to look it up.

haha u think everyone is as mental as u??

U r sick in the head...better get urself checked out...I am glad a person as perverted as u is not staying at the "Quatz" as spelled by u. :cheers1:

axela_3
18-04-09, 21:54
haha u think everyone is as mental as u??

U r sick in the head...better get urself checked out...I am glad a person as perverted as u is not staying at the "Quatz" as spelled by u. :cheers1:

Yeah, lucky we do not have such neighbours. Bless us.

marshallwan
20-04-09, 14:21
I spoke to the marketing division of GUCCOLAND.

I dont think she is lying to me.

I am praying that she will answers all the prayers of all QUARIZAN here.

Good luck and may the force be with you all.

marshallwan
21-04-09, 21:54
Just learn from one of the ID company that they have feed receive feedback from their customer in QUARTZ that letter had been received for collection of key in 1st week of MAY.

I spoke to the marketing division of GUCCOLAND.

I dont think she is lying to me.

I am praying that she will answers all the prayers of all QUARIZAN here.

Good luck and may the force be with you all.

isaaclim
21-04-09, 23:43
Just learn from one of the ID company that they have feed receive feedback from their customer in QUARTZ that letter had been received for collection of key in 1st week of MAY.

Final inspection is 28 Apr. Unless they move it early, but very unlikely. Else anythings before 28 Apr are not true. Include received letter for Key collection.

tortu
22-04-09, 00:12
Most ID gives false info to pressurize us to sign on the dotted line with them using earlier TOP dates.

Isaac is right, 28 April is the D-day for Final Authority Inspection which may take 2 days for the entire project to be completed in their inspection.

Afterwhich, owners will be issued letters to start the key collection process. This may take 2 to 3 weeks given we have 625 units.

People can say all they want but that is not going to change the Authority coming in on 28 Apr.

marshallwan
22-04-09, 08:45
TOR , ISSAC

Good news from both of you.

So D-Day minus 6 is finally the Inspection date.

There will be hive of activies going around the whole development. It also trigger other concurrent event simultaneously. All the ID will be up to their neck.

Good luck to those early bird with the keys.

LEt keep in touch again.

Most ID gives false info to pressurize us to sign on the dotted line with them using earlier TOP dates.

Isaac is right, 28 April is the D-day for Final Authority Inspection which may take 2 days for the entire project to be completed in their inspection.

Afterwhich, owners will be issued letters to start the key collection process. This may take 2 to 3 weeks given we have 625 units.

People can say all they want but that is not going to change the Authority coming in on 28 Apr.

mgbm
22-04-09, 10:20
TOR , ISSAC

Good news from both of you.

So D-Day minus 6 is finally the Inspection date.

There will be hive of activies going around the whole development. It also trigger other concurrent event simultaneously. All the ID will be up to their neck.

Good luck to those early bird with the keys.

LEt keep in touch again.

Hi Marshallwan,
U mean that the final Inspection date is today-22 Apr?
When did you get the info from? :)
Thanks.

marshallwan
22-04-09, 11:19
My apology for the statement which I made was not clearly spelt.

It is 28th APRIL.

Thanks for the clarification.

constancet
23-04-09, 23:38
Hi
I bot a unit at tq too. cant wait to get my keys too!

isaaclim
23-04-09, 23:46
Hi
I bot a unit at tq too. cant wait to get my keys too!

Welcome!
Please sign up for an account in http://thequartz.sgboards.com.

constancet
23-04-09, 23:59
Wow, we even have our own Quartz forum!
thanks for giving me the link!

jitkiat
24-04-09, 16:26
2Q06 3Q06 4Q06 1Q07 2Q07 3Q07 4Q07 1Q08 2Q08 3Q08 4Q08 1Q09
495 495 490 522 549 645 656 724 732 721 769 588

Sigh .. developer still making handsome $$$ .. who a hell bought at 700+ psf ?!

marshallwan
24-04-09, 17:23
$700 psf is still a visible sign in TQ. Not surprise based on the transaction done before the crises especially Q2-Q3 of 2008.

2Q06 3Q06 4Q06 1Q07 2Q07 3Q07 4Q07 1Q08 2Q08 3Q08 4Q08 1Q09
495 495 490 522 549 645 656 724 732 721 769 588

Sigh .. developer still making handsome $$$ .. who a hell bought at 700+ psf ?!

jitkiat
24-04-09, 17:42
$700 psf is still a visible sign in TQ. Not surprise based on the transaction done before the crises especially Q2-Q3 of 2008.

If the median price is at 700+, means some are transacted at 750-800psf, still reasonable for high floor/good facing 1 & 2bedroom, will be too ex for a 3bedroom.

stevengoh76
24-04-09, 21:02
Its confirmed The Quartz Have obtained T.O.P this afternoon!Cheer for all the owner!developer will inform us collection of keys very soon!

GEMS
25-04-09, 00:30
Any idea in what manner will the keys be issued out? by block number or by date of purchase? :o

Regulators
25-04-09, 01:53
Both projects suck especially caspian, when Jurong is synonymous to factories, pollution n foreign workers. Please dnt tell me bout jurong lake district coz it wont change the image of the place.

stevengoh76
25-04-09, 12:14
Any idea in what manner will the keys be issued out? by block number or by date of purchase? :o
I heard from Agent tat the law firm will issue keys by date of purchase!So those owner bought in 2006 will collecting keys very soon!

25-04-09, 14:11
Both projects suck especially caspian, when Jurong is synonymous to factories, pollution n foreign workers. Please dnt tell me bout jurong lake district coz it wont change the image of the place.

relax man..we are here to share and discuss.no point get agitated.

*one man meat is another man poison.

25-04-09, 14:12

only time will tell,still early days..:doh:

caspercasper
25-04-09, 17:29
only time will tell,still early days..:doh:

Beacon heights? crappy piece of junk that has so many units left still? if so good, then still got units left? and it priced so CHEAP as compared to other 999... wonder what is wrong with it? haha... sound like BACON thats why... like a piece of worthless pork...

limpaul
25-04-09, 18:40
Today just rec'd letter from Winterhall Pte Ltd providing condo portal www.thequartz.com.sg (http://www.thequartz.com.sg) and ID and Password where I can access to book facilities but most importantly to make appointment to collect keys. Will try to get the earliest slot. yeah......:)

Regulators
25-04-09, 20:56
As mentioned, u, ur family n all ur ancestors belong to a hellhole, i dont think anywhere on earth suits u
Beacon heights? crappy piece of junk that has so many units left still? if so good, then still got units left? and it priced so CHEAP as compared to other 999... wonder what is wrong with it? haha... sound like BACON thats why... like a piece of worthless pork...

Cot
25-04-09, 20:59
Today just rec'd letter from Winterhall Pte Ltd providing condo portal www.thequartz.com.sg (http://www.thequartz.com.sg) and ID and Password where I can access to book facilities but most importantly to make appointment to collect keys. Will try to get the earliest slot. yeah......:)

Sounds great!! Which stack you staying??
I'm waiting anxiously for the letter :p

isaaclim
25-04-09, 22:50
Please sign up for an account @ http://thequartz.sgboards.com/thequartz.html to learn more about bulk purchases arrangement that are under planning.

coburn
26-04-09, 21:01
Hi Marshellwan

17-33 has been sold...
only left 18-33 for 930k

marshallwan
26-04-09, 21:06
HaHA....I must claim the credit for been the last 2nd person in quartz to close the deal which now left #18-33.

Have checked the west sun a few time and even climb into the unit to ensure that I am not shortchange.

can only say I can minimise the west sun. Hence decide to take it off.

Make hay when the sun shine!.

17-33 has been sold...
only left 18-33 for 930k

tortu
26-04-09, 21:09
HaHA....I must claim the credit for been the last 2nd person in quartz to close the deal which now left #18-33.

Have checked the west sun a few time and even climb into the unit to ensure that I am not shortchange.

I know Marshall through this and I have also shared my concern on the West Sun, which is definitely the major deterence to prevent me from taking stack 33.

marshallwan
26-04-09, 21:16
I suppose those taking my unit would have already intend to "build and oven". Hence the phrase "Have sun will travel".

I already clear this doubt of mine and decide to make the decision wihout much regret.

TOR, was at the site this evening and took all the phot you all ever need.

Those are what I called the unplugged version not seen in this FORUM.

I also send to your email as well.

I know Marshall through this and I have also shared my concern on the West Sun, which is definitely the major deterence to prevent me from taking stack 33.

coburn
26-04-09, 21:16

so its you!! haha
glad to hear that you like the unit...

how did you manage to get to convince the agent to bring you into the unit? :)

marshallwan
26-04-09, 21:29
COBURN,

If you realise, I registered myself as a owner 1 week before I got to sign the S&P.

How i got in was not a daunting task to me. I was there at about midnite and "bribe" the security guard. I just wanted to be sure what I paid is what I see. The view is spectacular. Not for those with height problem.

It is like having alfreco at the roof top terrace driinking my best expresso.
Enjoying the sunset and seeing the firework during National Day is going to be a life time experience.

I was incline to put up a make shift bed here to enjoy the cool breeze. Natural mountain air with no indulgene in Air con. Putiing some coconut tree will make me think I am in HAWAII.

Barbeque is another way of enjoying the moment of truth when all barbeque pits are fully booked. I suppose the difference between the normal barbeque pit downstair and at my unit is "BARBEQUE in the Air" subject to 18 an 19 floor not complaining.

so its you!! haha
glad to hear that you like the unit...

how did you manage to get to convince the agent to bring you into the unit? :)

marshallwan
26-04-09, 21:38
COBURN,

When you stand at the main entrance going down the step towards the pool, you will be able to see STACK 33 directly infront of you.

You will not miss my unit at 17 FLOOR. I will probably put up a mini-jungle with lot of shade of trees to differentiate from other.

On the contrary, the amount of trees will made it stand up among all other unit subject to developer approval.

COBURN,

If you realise, I registered myself as a owner 1 week before I got to sign the S&P.

How i got in was not a daunting task to me. I was there at about midnite and "bribe" the security guard. I just wanted to be sure what I paid is what I see. The view is spectacular. Not for those with height problem.

Enjoying the sunset and seeing the firework during National Day is going to be a life time experience.

I was incline to put up a make shift bed here to enjoy the cool breeze. Natural mountain air with no indulgene in Air con. Putiing some coconut tree will make me think I am in HAWAII.

Barbeque is another way of enjoying the moment of truth when all barbeque pits are fully booked. I suppose the difference between the normal barbeque pit downstair and at my unit is "BARBEQUE in the Air" subject to 18 an 19 floor not complaining.

coburn
26-04-09, 22:14
COBURN,

great! seems you have everything planned out.. :)
i believe the roof terrence is yours to play with as long as nothing structual is done... so your outdoor bbq should be fine...

marshallwan
27-04-09, 08:37
Thanks Coburrn for reading the game play I had structured.

You are welcome to join in the BBQ or anything else under the sun.

I would love to catch you up for coffee as well.

Stay tuned as I dont envisaged myself moving in until AUG.

great! seems you have everything planned out.. :)
i believe the roof terrence is yours to play with as long as nothing structual is done... so your outdoor bbq should be fine...

i12mmo2
27-04-09, 11:42
Hi, Marshallwan

Congratulations! Glad that you have decided to make Quartz your new home.

Yes, I believe the views on the 17F will be fantastic.

Cheers

coburn
27-04-09, 14:20
Thanks Coburrn for reading the game play I had structured.

You are welcome to join in the BBQ or anything else under the sun.

I would love to catch you up for coffee as well.

Stay tuned as I dont envisaged myself moving in until AUG.

haha... i dont own a unit at TQ.
as mentioned earlier, i was interested in your 17-33 but have concerns on west sun.

Hence we decided to wait till TOP to see if it is still available then judge for ourselves.. but you beat us to it! :)

Thanks for the invite.
I will definitely pop by for coffee one evening to take in the view..
cheers

stevengoh76
27-04-09, 15:08

Hi!I also received that letter but are we suppose to make the key collection appointment online or call the law firm to make arrangement or wait for them to call us!Any idea?

isaaclim
27-04-09, 15:18
Hi!I also received that letter but are we suppose to make the key collection appointment online or call the law firm to make arrangement or wait for them to call us!Any idea?

"Please contact your solicitors." = "Ask your lawyer to instruct bank to release payment up till 85%. Only then come and talk to me!"

The bank only act base on instruction from our lawyer.

marshallwan
27-04-09, 18:54
It was indeed breathtaking. The wind was howling when i was up there around midnite last week before I decide to take up the unit. I could envisage that I will be sleeping with the cool air and the utilization rate of my air-con will be low.

However, on the opposite, I cant tell what it is like in the afternoon. We believe we can minimise this portion. THe ID had given us great ideas.

You are free to come by once I celebrate my annivesary in SEPT. Make a date and you will be served.

Hi, Marshallwan

Congratulations! Glad that you have decided to make Quartz your new home.

Yes, I believe the views on the 17F will be fantastic.

Cheers

marshallwan
27-04-09, 18:57
Now I remember you were the one correponding with me on TQ. There is still another unit on the 18th FLOOR which is directly above me. You can ask for a discount over the original price. I am sure they will be ready to negotiate.

If you do sign on the dotted line, you will be able to smell my expresso coffe when I brew it at the roof terrace.

haha... i dont own a unit at TQ.
as mentioned earlier, i was interested in your 17-33 but have concerns on west sun.

Hence we decided to wait till TOP to see if it is still available then judge for ourselves.. but you beat us to it! :)

Thanks for the invite.
I will definitely pop by for coffee one evening to take in the view..
cheers

coburn
27-04-09, 21:10
Now I remember you were the one correponding with me on TQ. There is still another unit on the 18th FLOOR which is directly above me. You can ask for a discount over the original price. I am sure they will be ready to negotiate.

If you do sign on the dotted line, you will be able to smell my expresso coffe when I brew it at the roof terrace.

haha.. dont rub it in hor...
making me jealous... :tongue3:

i am unlikely to consider 18-33 as i want a roof terrace
i am now looking the the penthouse units in the other developments in D19..
but so far either layout not what i want or price is too high..
wish me luck!

marshallwan
27-04-09, 21:34
Thanks Coburn,

To each his own. I suppose most people would like to diffrentiate their unit from other. Having a roof top terrace does add breath and depth to the living hall. However, the cost of doing up is an added cost compare to other. I also cant imagine those with a big patio at ground floor. They even have to spend more.

District 19,,,have you tried kovan residence. Not too bad either. I saw the showflat.

I wish you luck your search and let the hunting begin.

May the force be with you.

haha.. dont rub it in hor...
making me jealous... :tongue3:

i am unlikely to consider 18-33 as i want a roof terrace
i am now looking the the penthouse units in the other developments in D19..
but so far either layout not what i want or price is too high..
wish me luck!

marshallwan
27-04-09, 22:44
It appeared that QUARTZ is the most view and read website in CONDO.COM.

It had top the chart for best top 2 billboards for many months.

Each time I opend up the website for NE zone, I see quartz leading the top all the time.

No other development had come close to this record.

Thanks Coburn,

To each his own. I suppose most people would like to diffrentiate their unit from other. Having a roof top terrace does add breath and depth to the living hall. However, the cost of doing up is an added cost compare to other. I also cant imagine those with a big patio at ground floor. They even have to spend more.

District 19,,,have you tried kovan residence. Not too bad either. I saw the showflat.

I wish you luck your search and let the hunting begin.

i12mmo2
27-04-09, 23:08
It was indeed breathtaking. The wind was howling when i was up there around midnite last week before I decide to take up the unit. I could envisage that I will be sleeping with the cool air and the utilization rate of my air-con will be low.

However, on the opposite, I cant tell what it is like in the afternoon. We believe we can minimise this portion. THe ID had given us great ideas.

You are free to come by once I celebrate my annivesary in SEPT. Make a date and you will be served.

Thanks for the invitation and I look forward to visiting you this sept.

Cheers

i12mmo2
27-04-09, 23:10
It appeared that QUARTZ is the most view and read website in CONDO.COM.

It had top the chart for best top 2 billboards for many months.

Each time I opend up the website for NE zone, I see quartz leading the top all the time.

No other development had come close to this record.

Yes, I must say the residents of Quartz are very active. A very good start for sure.

marshallwan
28-04-09, 08:57
How can I get in touch with you?

Any contact no ?

Send to my email address if you dont mind so that I can locked your no,

Yes, I must say the residents of Quartz are very active. A very good start for sure.

GEMS
28-04-09, 12:18
Saw the ura master plan 2008 stating the big plot of empty land beside the MRT is reserved for residential. Was told by the cbre agent before buying, that part of it is reserved for commercial. I'm happy with my purchase but felt a bit played out by the agent for misrepresenting :mad:

isaaclim
28-04-09, 13:37
Saw the ura master plan 2008 stating the big plot of empty land beside the MRT is reserved for residential. Was told by the cbre agent before buying, that part of it is reserved for commercial. I'm happy with my purchase but felt a bit played out by the agent for misrepresenting :mad:

There is a piece of land next to TQ that is still reserved. Currently it is use as worker quarter. Hmm...

marshallwan
28-04-09, 13:50
By virtue of the spirit of the QUARTIZAN, one can imagine what it is like even before the Condo is fully occupied.

It is like another village where the community are closely knitted.

You just cant dampened the sipirt and I can imagine where the Condo is full blown by the end of the year, the CHristmas spirit is even more resounding.

What we need is a leader to drive the sipirt and maintain the close relationship with the QUARTZ.

I must first thank ISSAC for giving all of us a good head start in initiating the QUARTZ FORUM.

Judging form the amount of correpondence flying around, one can help the kampong spirit that had already surface before TOP.

I am sure I habe tons of ideas to make these QUARTIZAN happy with the life there.
The only way I can measure this over the next few years is no casaulty of people who leave QUARTZ for other condo..

By then the agent will hate me for keeping the turnover rate low in QUARTZ where no one is willing to sell their unit.

Hence, my wish list is to see more talent developed from within QUARTZ for those young parent and their kids.

GEMS
28-04-09, 15:40
There is a piece of land next to TQ that is still reserved. Currently it is use as worker quarter. Hmm...

hmm....spotted that too. Wonder what can they do with a narrow, longish plot of land :o . By the way i just received the letter to contact my lawyer for key collection today. Looking forward to move into this friendly community!

marshallwan
28-04-09, 16:19
GEMS,

Welcome ot the club.

Which unit are you in ?

hmm....spotted that too. Wonder what can they do with a narrow, longish plot of land :o . By the way i just received the letter to contact my lawyer for key collection today. Looking forward to move into this friendly community!

GEMS
28-04-09, 16:36
Just like u, im on the 17th flr blk 61 facing buangkok dr with an unblock view. Hope can see fireworks during national day:ashamed1:

csw
28-04-09, 21:24
Just like u, im on the 17th flr blk 61 facing buangkok dr with an unblock view. Hope can see fireworks during national day:ashamed1:
GEMS,
Your unit is south facing, should be able to see fireworks. Think all units in high floor facing south will also be able too.

Well, all units in 17th floor in TQ have private roof terrace & all are almost the same size, regardless whether 3 brm or 3+1brm, your unit definitely has better view with no afternoon sun. Cheers!!!! ;)

GEMS
28-04-09, 21:45
GEMS,
Your unit is south facing, should be able to see fireworks. Think all units in high floor facing south will also be able too.

Well, all units in 17th floor in TQ have private roof terrace & all are almost the same size, regardless whether 3 brm or 3+1brm, your unit definitely has better view with no afternoon sun. Cheers!!!! ;)

Hi CSW, welcome to the forum & great to hear that! Which block are u at? 17th flr too?? ;)

csw
28-04-09, 21:58
Hi CSW, welcome to the forum & great to hear that! Which block are u at? 17th flr too?? ;)
:o private roof terrace, pool facing & NO afternoon sun.

GEMS
28-04-09, 22:04
ic...congrats to your good buy:)

csw
28-04-09, 22:08
ic...congrats to your good buy:)
sama sama :cheers4:

marshallwan
28-04-09, 22:18
Curious what is the size of your terrace? and the size of your build in?

marshallwan
28-04-09, 22:25
Which unit are you in ?

I mean 17 FLOOR stack ??

:o private roof terrace, pool facing & NO afternoon sun.

Cot
28-04-09, 22:35
Wow..you can collect key already? So fast.. Good for you!!
My lawyer email me to pay stamp duty only :p But I'm still happy..hehe

alankc68
28-04-09, 23:28
anyone confirmed with any contractor to do up the planter area with chengai wood?? $600??

quartz lover
29-04-09, 00:10
anyone confirmed with any contractor to do up the planter area with chengai wood?? $600??

Ya, any contractor doing planter area?? i have two planter areas, one infront and one at the yard?

Anyone doing timberstrip to bay windows?? Any quote/contractor to share??

GEMS
29-04-09, 00:25
Wow..you can collect key already? So fast.. Good for you!!
My lawyer email me to pay stamp duty only :p But I'm still happy..hehe

Hi Cot, I think have to wait for a few more days as my lawyer is arranging payment for the 6 months adv maintenance fees(how much i also dont know), surveyor fees,propety tax etc. Once that is done the developer should release the keys. My guess is most of us should get our keys within first two weeks of may. :o

quartz lover
29-04-09, 00:41
Hi Cot, I think have to wait for a few more days as my lawyer is arranging payment for the 6 months adv maintenance fees(how much i also dont know), surveyor fees,propety tax etc. Once that is done the developer should release the keys. My guess is most of us should get our keys within first two weeks of may. :o

Your lawyer is very efficient.

My lawyer says still waiting for developer's letter.

Sign..:doh:

GEMS
29-04-09, 00:47
No worries quartz lover , dun see why your lawyer should delay u ya:)

quartz lover
29-04-09, 00:53
No worries quartz lover , dun see why your lawyer should delay u ya:)

Thks for ur reply.

Did the developer or his lawyers write to u or ur lawyer ???

I had only received letter from the developer about the pin for booking handing over and nothing else. Is there any other letter ???

Hope my lawyer is also as efficient as anyone else...:confused:

wreckwrx
29-04-09, 01:22
:cool1: kudos to all you happy quartizans out there.... amazing how u guys manage to keep this thread going so strong!

Have fun collecting your keys and shifting into your dream home!

GEMS
29-04-09, 01:34
Thks for ur reply.

I had only received letter from the developer about the pin for booking handing over and nothing else. Is there any other letter ???

Dun mention.If you try keying in your pin the reply u get is something like 'look for your solicitor'. Hence most of us here is having the same situation like urs, waiting for the developer to send another letter to our lawyers. So u can rest assure now :D

GEMS
29-04-09, 01:43
:cool1: kudos to all you happy quartizans out there.... amazing how u guys manage to keep this thread going so strong!

Have fun collecting your keys and shifting into your dream home!

Tks bro, feel free to come in for a chat ya. This forum is open to all, not just the friendly quartizens here. :im-so-happy: :im-so-happy:

SIA
29-04-09, 09:39

Hi alankc68,

register and log on to this forum http://www.thequartz.sgboards.com/
This forum is for all quartz owners and there are discussion on bulk purchase of chengai wood for planter area.

Cot
29-04-09, 10:02
The developer lawyer will write to our lawyer, and our lawyer will write to us...
My lawyer email us the copy..hence I got it faster..the original letter from mail has not receive yet :)

Thks for ur reply.

wreckwrx
29-04-09, 17:15
Tks bro, feel free to come in for a chat ya. This forum is open to all, not just the friendly quartizens here. :im-so-happy: :im-so-happy:

Cool.... I am also anxiously awaiting to get my keys to my place... cannot contain my excitement.... Really cannot wait to shift in!

constancet
29-04-09, 18:12

I have a few quotes (all from ID) on chengai wood.
range from $200psf to $430psf.
But bcos our planter area is not really big, so they cant give a competitive rate.
I have planter 6.5mLx1.0mW at living and 2mLx1mW in masterbed rm.

csw
29-04-09, 18:29
Curious what is the size of your terrace? and the size of your build in?
MW,
Your roof terrace is still the biggest in TQ at 23sqm, Stack 18 & 19 are 22sqm, the rest of 3brm is 15-18sqm ;)

alankc68
29-04-09, 19:51
Hi alankc68,

register and log on to this forum http://www.thequartz.sgboards.com/
This forum is for all quartz owners and there are discussion on bulk purchase of chengai wood for planter area.

tks man.

but im not a quartz owner, but i bought a unit @ joo chiat....TOP in may or june so tot of joining u guys in bulk purchase since i been browsing this site almost everynite. i posted some pics of place....search my posts.

cheers

sta_teo
29-04-09, 22:05
Hi,

I am one of the owner from The Quartz. I am staying in Blk 67. I have received letter to make appointment for key collection.

Just like to share with you guys that my ID is from Orange Cube. If u need any information can pm me. One of my friend is a manufacturer for clothes hanger (K S Auto System Pte Ltd). I am using him. If you guys are interested, let me noe coz i believe can get good price.

Hope u guys find this information useful! :)

marshallwan
29-04-09, 23:47
To be honest, I am not too sure if mine is the largest at 23 sq m oir 237 sq ft. when I sneak in and see the roof terrace it is more of a sqaure and the 90 degree barriace are all glass.

It look scary when u stand at the edge.

I realise almost all the 17 floor have roof terrace. their is rectangle in shape and slightly smaller but are joint side by side with a concrete seperating them.

MW,
Your roof terrace is still the biggest in TQ at 23sqm, Stack 18 & 19 are 22sqm, the rest of 3brm is 15-18sqm ;)

marshallwan
01-05-09, 20:56
We are neighbour......at BLK 67. we are side by side. I am at 69.

Hi,

I am one of the owner from The Quartz. I am staying in Blk 67. I have received letter to make appointment for key collection.

Just like to share with you guys that my ID is from Orange Cube. If u need any information can pm me. One of my friend is a manufacturer for clothes hanger (K S Auto System Pte Ltd). I am using him. If you guys are interested, let me noe coz i believe can get good price.

Hope u guys find this information useful! :)

marshallwan
01-05-09, 21:11
My apology, I am on BLK 67 which is same as you. There was a typo error earlier which I keyed in Blk 69.

So which floor are you and the stack you belong to?

We are neighbour......at BLK 67. we are side by side. I am at 69.

quartz lover
02-05-09, 00:03
Hi neighbours,

Any news on the bulk purchase on planter area?

I miss the boat previously.

Thks

ctam
02-05-09, 22:51
Hi neighbours,

Any news on the bulk purchase on planter area?

I miss the boat previously.

Thks
Hi quartz lover,

U can visit the following forum & request "isaaclim" to add u since u'r TQ owner. This forum is created by him for TQ owners only.

http://www.thequartz.sgboards.com/

We are arranging bulk purchase for many items tat u can view fm there...

starry01
04-05-09, 14:15
Cool.... I am also anxiously awaiting to get my keys to my place... cannot contain my excitement.... Really cannot wait to shift in!

Hi,

I am also one of those who can't wait to get my keys and get started on the reno :D ... I have already confirmed on an ID from Max's Interior at Toa Payoh area (can PM me ;) if anyone is interested) after looking at IDs & quotes from

1)OrangeCube - dont like the ID, feels more like contractor
2)3D Lab - quote is double of others
3)I-Bridge - pretty nice guy but feel less experienced
4)Rest&Relax - have not heard from them yet...

quartz
04-05-09, 15:53
Hi,

I am also one of those who can't wait to get my keys and get started on the reno :D ... I have already confirmed on an ID from Max's Interior at Toa Payoh area (can PM me ;) if anyone is interested) after looking at IDs & quotes from

1)OrangeCube - dont like the ID, feels more like contractor
2)3D Lab - quote is double of others
3)I-Bridge - pretty nice guy but feel less experienced
4)Rest&Relax - have not heard from them yet...

Hi Starry01,

Have you registered yourself at http://www.thequartz.sgboards.com/?

This forum is created for TQ owners only.

Do sign up as we are arranging bulk purchase for many items.

tcsllj
04-05-09, 22:24
Thks for ur reply.

I called up Winterhall Pte Ltd. They will send another letter to notify our solicitor. With that letter, the solicitor will proceed with the necessary actions, that is to notify the bank. I also confirmed this with our solicitor and he informed that he is waiting for the letter.

Doop
05-05-09, 09:07
Hi neighbours

anyone gotten letters to get keys already especially from 59? latest i had was a login id to myhome and 5% payment release from bank last month..

Should i be checking w my lawyer or the developer?

if developer, what is the number i can call?

m&m
05-05-09, 09:26
Hi neighbours

anyone gotten letters to get keys already especially from 59? latest i had was a login id to myhome and 5% payment release from bank last month..

yup..but you will need to pay a service fee and 6 months maintenance in advance prior to key collection. please check with your lawyer..

quartz lover
06-05-09, 00:07
Hi Starry01,

Have you registered yourself at http://www.thequartz.sgboards.com/?

This forum is created for TQ owners only.

Do sign up as we are arranging bulk purchase for many items.

Hi all,

I tried to registered at above website but cannot log in.

I am interested to know the quote for planter areas..

Anyone can help?:doh:

axela_3
06-05-09, 11:46
Sometimes the site is a bit slow. Why not you try again? But do remember to update your unit in your profile and send a mail to isaac b4 you can access the provate folders. There, you'll see the quotes for the planters.

Hi all,

I tried to registered at above website but cannot log in.

I am interested to know the quote for planter areas..

Anyone can help?:doh:

Cot
06-05-09, 23:20
I'm from 59 :)

Just receive email from my lawyer to pay maintenance & survey fees..
Bank will release payment on 12May...should be getting my keys next week!! YaTa!!

Hi neighbours

chang
07-05-09, 01:20
I'm from 59 :)

Just receive email from my lawyer to pay maintenance & survey fees..
Bank will release payment on 12May...should be getting my keys next week!! YaTa!!

Cot, which bank u using... mine says it takes 5 days to disburse. u book appt yet for key collection?

Cot
07-05-09, 20:23
Cot, which bank u using... mine says it takes 5 days to disburse. u book appt yet for key collection?

Mine from UOB
I can't remember if they mention need 5days to disburse..I don't think I read it from Khattar Wong's letter..But they say if need urgently, issue cashier's order instead of cheque..
Haven't book yet...You book already?

constancet
07-05-09, 21:47
My funds will only be disbursed next monday, but i have already made a booking for key collection next wednesday.

Cot
07-05-09, 21:55
Constancet, how do you make booking for key collection?

My funds will only be disbursed next monday, but i have already made a booking for key collection next wednesday.

hyip68034
08-05-09, 19:33
Unit at The Quartz Sell Below Value

Stack 17
Ground Floor
1520sqft (3+1)
$500psf

Let me know if you are interested.

Chris Yip - ERA
[email protected]

csw
12-05-09, 21:20
Unit at The Quartz Sell Below Value

Stack 17
Ground Floor
1520sqft (3+1)
$500psf

Let me know if you are interested.

Chris Yip - ERA
[email protected] Chris,

U'r referring that owner selling below present valuation or below their purchased price???

marshallwan
13-05-09, 21:39
Orientation for this unit is not good. Facing direct west sun.

Hence selling below valuation.

All the stack 17 from ground floor to high floor face west sun until 6:45Pm

Hence if yøu dont mind, yøu can consider.

Chris,

U'r referring that owner selling below present valuation or below their purchased price???

GEMS
13-05-09, 21:44
Orientation for this unit is not good. Facing direct west sun.

Hence selling below valuation.

All the stack 17 from ground floor to high floor face west sun until 6:45Pm

Hence if yøu dont mind, yøu can consider.

Spot on MW, i second that. But 500psf really very low. For those who like basking under the sun its a good buy:)

PS what happen to our forum. seems like its down?

marshallwan
13-05-09, 21:44
I don't think stack 17 is a 3+1?????

Only stack 18,19 and 33 only.

Must be a mistake ?

Chris,

constancet
13-05-09, 22:16
yeah, i think our forum is down. i cant access too. :(
got my keys today. Loved the bay window and planter view from the living room!
yet to check workmanship thoroughly, but can see some glue stains on masterbedrm wardrobe.

Spot on MW, i second that. But 500psf really very low. For those who like basking under the sun its a good buy:)

PS what happen to our forum. seems like its down?

GEMS
13-05-09, 22:31
yet to check workmanship thoroughly, but can see some glue stains on masterbedrm wardrobe.

Tks Constancet,i thought im the only one. Im glad u like your view. Love mine too. Just need to iron out the defects.:)

GEMS
13-05-09, 22:51

Tks Constancet,i thought im the only one. Im glad u like your view. Love mine too. Just need to iron out the defects now.:)