PDA

View Full Version : The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

quartz
17-03-09, 22:32
I don't think they can stop us. I even asked the agent when I viewed the show flat last year. Initally, I thought we can place the shoe rack at the tiny space just outside the main door. But after went back there for a second look, it seems impossible. The agent told me we can place it outside as long as it do not cause obstruction to the neighbours.

Cool.

Think I will do that..... cause.... really no other place we can put our shoe rack.

quartz
17-03-09, 23:01
Then we'll be having 2 parties? One PAP and the other SDP? HAhahahaha!

I think I prefer WP....Hee

axela_3
18-03-09, 08:08
I think I prefer WP....Hee

Then will we be sitting on the same side of the table?

isaaclim
18-03-09, 11:19
Just received call from Lawyer. Seems like TOP is around the corner.

Maybe we should start gather the name list and lobang for different purchases in order to have a strong force to bargain for good deal.

The following are some general items that maybe needed for a new house:
1. Curtain
2. Lighting
3. Fridge
4. Washing Machine
5. TV Set
6. Sofa set
7. Mattress
8. Bed Frame / Divan
9. Interior Design

Please add on the list if you think that are more.

If you keen to join the group or share with us your lobang, please email me at [email protected]. Then i will consolidate the mailing list so we can have more private discussion and sharing. :)

The following are IDs that i have contacted:
1. HomeSuccess
2. Rezt&Relax
3. Unimax
4. Blink23
5. Vegas
6. Plush Living
7. NorthWest
8. FuseConcept
9. Ultimate

cher
18-03-09, 12:18

Maybe we should start gather the name list and lobang for different purchases in order to have a strong force to bargain for good deal.

1. Curtain
2. Lighting
3. Fridge
4. Washing Machine
5. TV Set
6. Sofa set
7. Mattress
8. Bed Frame / Divan
9. Interior Design

If you keen to join the group or share with us your lobang, please email me at [email protected]. Then i will consolidate the mailing list so we can have more private discussion and sharing. :)

1. HomeSuccess
2. Rezt&Relax
3. Unimax
4. Blink23
5. Vegas
6. Plush Living
7. NorthWest
8. FuseConcept
9. Ultimate

Care to share which ID have you decided on? Also what are your findings amount them so that we can keep a look out. Thks.

isaaclim
18-03-09, 13:15
Care to share which ID have you decided on? Also what are your findings amount them so that we can keep a look out. Thks.

Not yet... Still waiting for few more quotation.

Rapister
18-03-09, 13:34
actually dont mind can i come also

can give u all some ID idea and advice for those people first time stay condo

quartz
18-03-09, 20:52
Then will we be sitting on the same side of the table?

Ha Ha.... Good.....

golfie
18-03-09, 21:27
going to TOP! any bull desperate to sell the hot potato?

Cot
18-03-09, 22:22
Hi,

Never tot of that.. Thanks for the idea.
Will discuss with the ID to hear from his opinion.
The ID need to see the place to comment...:spliff2:

One of the ID had a suggestion on the shoe cabinet...
Where our dinning area is...to customise the chair for the dinning and this will be in line with the dry kitchen table...ie to have a long stool type..then inside or the side will place our shoes but of cos its enclosed
Personally I don't really like the idea..cos I feel it is not too hygience...
But I think this is creative enough :)

When talk to the ID, don't tell them your idea first...see what they have..maybe they got great ideas..

chang
19-03-09, 00:44
One of the ID had a suggestion on the shoe cabinet...
Where our dinning area is...to customise the chair for the dinning and this will be in line with the dry kitchen table...ie to have a long stool type..then inside or the side will place our shoes but of cos its enclosed
Personally I don't really like the idea..cos I feel it is not too hygience...
But I think this is creative enough :)

When talk to the ID, don't tell them your idea first...see what they have..maybe they got great ideas..

creative idea but i also agree that its not too hygience. its really a headache where to place the shoe rack... anyone ID came up with a feasible idea?

FSSYeo
19-03-09, 01:34

Hi,

Please add me in your lobang group. I seem to have problem receiving notification update on the discussion here. My email address is [email protected]

Thanks for arranging. If you need help on ID, my sister-in-law work in Rezt&Relax and can speak to her on group discount.

Have a nice day

Regards,

Joanne

FSSYeo
19-03-09, 01:35

1. Curtain
2. Lighting
3. Fridge
4. Washing Machine
5. TV Set
6. Sofa set
7. Mattress
8. Bed Frame / Divan
9. Interior Design

1. HomeSuccess
2. Rezt&Relax
3. Unimax
4. Blink23
5. Vegas
6. Plush Living
7. NorthWest
8. FuseConcept
9. Ultimate

findings amount them so that we can keep a look out. Thks.[/quote]

Hi,

Please add me in your lobang group. I seem to have problem receiving notification update on the discussion here. My email address is [email protected]

Thanks for arranging. If you need help on ID, my sister-in-law work in Rezt&Relax and can speak to her on group discount.

Have a nice day

Regards,

Joanne

queensway
19-03-09, 09:30
Folks,

I have still a few who have not voice their selection...

Appreciate all to revert latest by tomorrow

1) Lim Joe CI
2) Annie Wee
3) Piper
4) Alam Tam
5) Paul
6) Unity
7) Cheewing
8) Bernard & Evelyn
9) LA

ivanchan16
19-03-09, 10:15
creative idea but i also agree that its not too hygience. its really a headache where to place the shoe rack... anyone ID came up with a feasible idea?

That time my agent suggested me to use the dry kitchen cabinet (add shelving ourself) to put those more expensive shoes (A bit small though).

Those casual inexpensive shoes can leave it outside the house in a small shoe rack as he say no one will steal (unlike hdb ;) )

queensway
19-03-09, 10:58
That time my agent suggested me to use the dry kitchen cabinet (add shelving ourself) to put those more expensive shoes (A bit small though).

Those casual inexpensive shoes can leave it outside the house in a small shoe rack as he say no one will steal (unlike hdb ;) )

In fact we can utilise the H/S. For storage including a MTM shoerack, but wouldn't be convenient to wear your shoe there & then. But at least a place for storage!:spliff:

chang
19-03-09, 10:59

agreed... actually there is a gap from the cabinet at the dry kitchen to the floor. may be able to construct a small shelf below it to add in a few shoes. the rest must put outside lor...

Cheewing
19-03-09, 11:18
My choice for the laundry hanger is attached

chang
19-03-09, 11:28
i just like to ask if anyone knows about the public secret garden for selected units? anyone bought such a unit? is it an extra space that you guys have or issit as it states for the "public" - ie. Quartz residents to use as well? :)

evilllll
19-03-09, 11:34
Asked agent before, think it's open to public also....not your own space..

LA
19-03-09, 11:46
i just like to ask if anyone knows about the public secret garden for selected units? anyone bought such a unit? is it an extra space that you guys have or issit as it states for the "public" - ie. Quartz residents to use as well? :)

My agent told me its only for certain blocks only. Hence not everybody can access to it.

LA
19-03-09, 11:48
Anybody knows if we have the "extra" cabinet extended to the dry kitchen that is opposite the fridge area. Saw from ksiew's pic it is given.

chang
19-03-09, 12:13
My agent told me its only for certain blocks only. Hence not everybody can access to it.

i suppose pple from that blk can use it right? laundry area? haha...

LA
19-03-09, 12:20
i suppose pple from that blk can use it right? laundry area? haha...

Yeah. This is wat i learn from the agent.

GEMS
19-03-09, 12:30

Its open to public. Unstd from the flr plan that some of the units next to the secret garden can even pass drinks n food thru the kitchen windows if u are hosting guests there. As for privacy and noise level, i think it will be compromised if there is a gathering there.:cheers6:

flanderman
19-03-09, 12:44
Its open to public. Unstd from the flr plan that some of the units next to the secret garden can even pass drinks n food thru the kitchen windows if u are hosting guests there. As for privacy and noise level, i think it will be compromised if there is a gathering there.:cheers6:

It was told by the agent that only certain block on certain level. So accessibility wise it should be restricted to those units that are on 'that' level. I dun thk is to the public... otherwise, it doesn't make sense to those who probably paying 'more' for that 'secet garden'..

GEMS
19-03-09, 13:11
Yup its only on selected level, if what u've said is true then my agent distorted the facts. She told me open to public. Anyway very soon we'll find out:D

berniesg
19-03-09, 13:33
I really hope they don't rush the TOP just for a very simple reason... quality of the finishing....
If they compromise the quality just to get it done early.... I'll be a very very pissed man. :)

tortu
19-03-09, 13:44
I really hope they don't rush the TOP just for a very simple reason... quality of the finishing....
If they compromise the quality just to get it done early.... I'll be a very very pissed man. :)

This is definitely true! Especially for people like myself that I dont intend to move in until year end.:tsk-tsk:

isaaclim
19-03-09, 15:10

Finishing is fixed. I think you are referring to workmanship. :)

quartz
19-03-09, 15:39
It was told by the agent that only certain block on certain level. So accessibility wise it should be restricted to those units that are on 'that' level. I dun thk is to the public... otherwise, it doesn't make sense to those who probably paying 'more' for that 'secet garden'..

I Was also told by the agent that the secret garden is accessable to one and all.

anniewee333
19-03-09, 15:53
Hi Queensway,

Pls see attached updates on my selection.

Thanks.
Annie

kitz
19-03-09, 17:25
Dear all
We gotten very good package from some vendors giving like 25% off from the retail price.
Placement of order ranging from cheapest. Simply conclude that all vendors are giving us the material: Aluminium with coated, whereas only New Creation has upgraded their offer to Stainless Steel. Top 2 vendors known in the market from Ezliving (Pdt: Australia) & Tame(Pdt: Taiwan) are both offering 25% off. All parts are proprietary thus if breakdown it has to be reverted back to vendor for supply.

My comment: Althoug cheapest is at $480, but with the use of alum with coated, whereas with a diff of only $70, we can get a S/S from New Creation. Nevertheless, had spoken with vendor that if majority have selected New Creation, they are willing to further lower thier price.

For now, would need your views & your selection to further neg or meetup for system viewing. To start, please advise your 1st & 2nd option

LAUNDRY HANGER

Company: K S Auto System Pte Ltd, Super Laundry Hanger
Model: Outdoors Retractable Laundry Hanger, model 323
Warranty: 3 yrs
Cost w/: $480
Installation
Bracket :$70
Max Weight: 25kg
Specs :Alum with white coated
Origin :parts from Japan, assemble in S’pore
Stainless Steel :Y
After Discount
10 units @ S$480.00 (unable to further lower the price but extended the warranty period)
30 units @ S$450.00 (Saving of 6%)
Bracket @ S$20 if ceiling is above 2.5cm or with false ceiling
Specs: Spring Mechanism & S/S roller bearing
Extended to 5 years warranty

Company :EZ Living Pte Ltd
Model :Outdoors Retractable Laundry EZ Hi-dry
Warranty :1 yr
Cost w/ :$730/ $830 depend on size of pole

Installation
Bracket :$75
Max Weight: 15kg
Specs: made of galvanised steel
Origin: Australia
Website: http://www.ezziliving.com/slide.htm (http://www.ezziliving.com/slide.htm)
After Discount
10 units @ S$547.50 (Saving of 25%)
30 units @ S$511.00 (Saving of 30%)
50 Units @ S$474.50 (Saving of 35%)
Spec: Galvabond tubing with powder-coated white w/6 poles
Size: 1.5m/1.8m long by 0.5m wide (Australia)
Extended warranty: 2 years

Company: New Creative Construction Pte Ltd
Model: Genesis Laundry System, Outdoors Retractable Laundry Hanger
Warranty: 1 year
Cost w/: $680
Installation
& Bracket
Specs: Alum with silver coat
Origin: German gas spring and roller bearing from Japan
Stainless Steel: Y
Website: http://www.genesislaundry.com/outdoor1.htm (http://www.genesislaundry.com/outdoor1.htm)

After Discount
10 units @ S$550.00 (Saving about 19%)
Specs: Upgrades to S/S with Hydraulic (Sizes will be MTM accordingly to individual owners)
Warranty to be extend to 2 years

Company: Tame Promotions
Model: Outdoors Retractable Laundry
Cost w/: $788
Installation
Bracket :$80
Max Weight: 20kg
Specs: Alum white coated
Origin: Taiwan
Website: http://www.tame.com.sg/products1.htm (http://www.tame.com.sg/products1.htm)
After Discount
10 units @ S$588.00 (Saving of 25%)
30 units @ S$528.00 (Saving of 32%)
Parts: 1 pair Hydraulic @ S$190
Specs: length of pole (4ft extended to 7ft) holding 5 poles, Height: (32inch x width 20inch), Aluminum powder coated in White

Company: Home Niche
Model: Outdoors Retractable Laundry Hanger
Cost w/: $788
Installation
Bracket :$80/set
Specs: Aluminum, 5 poles
Origin: Taiwan
Website : http://www.myhome.com.sg/HomeImprovement/homestore/Content/shtml/laundryhangers.shtml#FLW (http://www.myhome.com.sg/HomeImprovement/homestore/Content/shtml/laundryhangers.shtml#FLW)
After Discount
10 units @ S$698.00 (Saving about 11%)
Bracket @ S$80.00
Specs: Hydraulic System Alum coated
Size: 5 poles @ 4 feet extended to 7ft length- extended down from ceiling 5ft
1 year Warranty

Hi Queensway,

Can you kindly add me to the list? I will go with what the majority decide and thanks.

isaaclim
19-03-09, 17:29
I will check with Gain City and Courts this weekend for the best deal that they can offer for group purchase on top of their existing discount.

At least will try to force them to give us free warranty extension.

ctam
19-03-09, 18:50
I will check with Gain City and Courts this weekend for the best deal that they can offer for group purchase on top of their existing discount.

At least will try to force them to give us free warranty extension.
Isaac, smart move, but think Gain City can do better deal... :)

chang
19-03-09, 19:22
Isaac, smart move, but think Gain City can do better deal... :)

best denki got promotion today. 46 inch idtv at 1888... robinsons having fair at expo. go check them out!!!

quartz
19-03-09, 19:50
Hi Queensway,

My choice is as follows :

1st New Creative and 2nd Ezliving.

1) Joe - Nickname "Quartz"

Unity
19-03-09, 20:09
Folks,

1) Lim Joe CI
2) Annie Wee
3) Piper
4) Alam Tam
5) Paul
6) Unity
7) Cheewing
8) Bernard & Evelyn
9) LA

Sorry for delay, been travelling.

New Creation for me, only 1 from me

chia252
19-03-09, 20:42
Folks,

1) Lim Joe CI
2) Annie Wee
3) Piper
4) Alam Tam
5) Paul
6) Unity
7) Cheewing
8) Bernard & Evelyn
9) LA

hi, queensway, please include me in the list
my choice will be new creative

Thanks

chua may lee
19-03-09, 20:51
Hi Queensway

Thanks so much for all the coordination work.

Pls find attached with my inclusion.

TQ1
19-03-09, 21:10

1. Curtain
2. Lighting
3. Fridge
4. Washing Machine
5. TV Set
6. Sofa set
7. Mattress
8. Bed Frame / Divan
9. Interior Design

1. HomeSuccess
2. Rezt&Relax
3. Unimax
4. Blink23
5. Vegas
6. Plush Living
7. NorthWest
8. FuseConcept
9. Ultimate

Hi Isaaclim,

The above bulk purchase suggestion is great. Have compiled the lists for those interested in the bulk purchase. Do not know whether will the same supplier offer discount to different brand/model? Appreciate if you can help to check with them next time.

Thanks,
TQ1

isaaclim
19-03-09, 21:31
Hi Isaaclim,

The above bulk purchase suggestion is great. Have compiled the lists for those interested in the bulk purchase. Do not know whether will the same supplier offer discount to different brand/model? Appreciate if you can help to check with them next time.

Thanks,
TQ1

Thanks! Please do email me.

Cot
19-03-09, 22:50
Anybody knows if we have the "extra" cabinet extended to the dry kitchen that is opposite the fridge area. Saw from ksiew's pic it is given.

Yes, have...remember opposite the show flat, there is the sales office? that unit dry kitchen is already up..so confirm have cabinet there..

windrawlose
20-03-09, 03:50
Hi all, I got a unit at blk 69 at the relaunch in Feb 09. I read that some of you are collecting keys next month. But I haven't received any news yet. Anyone in the same situation as me? Sorry to say, I'm actually looking forward to move in soon (know some want to move in at the end of the year). I'm staying in a rented flat. Rent longer = more money lost.

caspercasper
20-03-09, 04:04
Hi all, I got a unit at blk 69 at the relaunch in Feb 09. I read that some of you are collecting keys next month. But I haven't received any news yet. Anyone in the same situation as me? Sorry to say, I'm actually looking forward to move in soon (know some want to move in at the end of the year). I'm staying in a rented flat. Rent longer = more money lost.

welcome.... no actual news yet. TOP date is put at end april then keys shld be in may-june. btw... which stack and floor u at? can ask u how much u paid? psf? size?

windrawlose
20-03-09, 04:52
Thanks casper :) My unit is low floor, $667000, 1206 sq feet, abt $553 psf. Not many units to choose from when I bought.

TQ1
20-03-09, 08:16

Already sent email to you. Thanks

queensway
20-03-09, 09:27
Bulk purchase

queensway
20-03-09, 09:38
Dear all

We have a few owners we have yet to revert on their selection of the Laundry Hanger. We shall not wait any further and base on the majority in having vendor to extend the quote till TOP/receipt of keys.

I will make an arrangement with vendor for viewing of mockup unit. Will update all on the date upon available.

Pls furnish me your email address for easy reference.

1st selection
Creative

2nd selection
Eziliving

queensway
20-03-09, 09:48
Ready for the next bulk: Chengai Decking!

Do knwn that all does not have the dimension of your planter box but if you have already call for quote from some ID. They should be able to furnish you the estimated dimension.

To start the ball rolling, please furnish me your name + nickname + Est dimension of planter box for easy quote. Min 10 units for vendor to quote on discounted price.

Alternatively, you may send to my email: [email protected]

Chengai Decking
Cheryl + Queensway + (10.9sqft X 2.6sqft)&(4.3sqft X 2.3sqft)

ivanchan16
20-03-09, 10:15

Do knwn that all does not have the dimension of your planter box but if you have already call for quote from some ID. They should be able to furnish you the estimated dimension.

To start the ball rolling, please furnish me your name + nickname + Est dimension of planter box for easy quote. Min 10 units for vendor to quote on discounted price.

Chengai Decking

Hi Queensway,

May I know what is your unit floor area? I have totally no idea on the size of my planter box...

By the way, your 4.3 x 2.3sqf is for where? The yard?

queensway
20-03-09, 10:19
Hi Queensway,

May I know what is your unit floor area? I have totally no idea on the size of my planter box...

By the way, your 4.3 x 2.3sqf is for where? The yard?

Yap, the size is mean for the yard.

Floor area: 1164

queensway
20-03-09, 10:21
Mostly with 2 planter box, (1 in living & 1 in yard). Those bigger units should have at least 3 planter box. (1 in living, 1 in master bedroom & 1 in the yard.)

Cheers

caspercasper
20-03-09, 10:46
Thanks casper :) My unit is low floor, $667000, 1206 sq feet, abt $553 psf. Not many units to choose from when I bought.

hi windrawlose, we shld be neighbours. mine is blk 69. Stack 36. 12th floor. U got a good price though. What about u? what level u on and which unit? :)

Btw, do look through the forum for details. The members are doing some bulk purchase for chengai wood and clothes hanger. U can put ur name down there as well.

isaaclim
20-03-09, 12:52

Congratz.

Poolview? Have you get your loan approved? and appointed a lawyer?

My lawyer said they are handling a lots of case for Quartz. Base on her info, most likely the developer will get TOP by end of April. They have submitted the request for insepction. Now, it all depend on the authority.

caspercasper
20-03-09, 13:02
Congratz.

My lawyer said they are handling a lots of case for Quartz. Base on her info, most likely the developer will get TOP by end of April. They have submitted the request for insepction. Now, it all depend on the authority.

Hi issac, what about u? which unit u staying at? got it at what psf and what size and floor?

isaaclim
20-03-09, 13:02
Mostly with 2 planter box, (1 in living & 1 in yard). Those bigger units should have at least 3 planter box. (1 in living, 1 in master bedroom & 1 in the yard.)

Cheers

I have added your email address to the bulk purchase list.

Please do advise the price for chengai checking once you have the quote. I have asked all my IDs to quote chengai checking as separate item.

noblebaby
20-03-09, 13:04
Congratz.

how much your lawyer charge you? mine charge me $2300 for legal fees including the mortage fee ($500). :eek:

isaaclim
20-03-09, 13:08
Hi issac, what about u? which unit u staying at? got it at what psf and what size and floor?

Low floor @ blk 53 + pool facing ~ 560psf

isaaclim
20-03-09, 13:10
how much your lawyer charge you? mine charge me $2300 for legal fees including the mortage fee ($500). :eek:

He charge me at the rate the bank subsidy. I don't have to pay a single cents. So, i don't care. :)

kasper
20-03-09, 14:20
Low floor @ blk 53 + pool facing ~ 560psf

very good price lei. when you bought it?

kasper
20-03-09, 14:23
He charge me at the rate the bank subsidy. I don't have to pay a single cents. So, i don't care. :)

so good? which law firm? My law firm charge me 2500 exclude developer s&p which is another 500...sigh...sigh...

ctam
20-03-09, 14:56
so good? which law firm? My law firm charge me 2500 exclude developer s&p which is another 500...sigh...sigh...
Kasper,
Think your lawyer must be recommended by your banker. Then approach your banker & demand that they should cover your legal fees so that you need not take out any monies.

MY lawyer initially charged us :
Legal fees : S$2500 + GST

Mortgage fee : S$500
Survey fee : S$800

I called my banker & "banged" at him that 2 other lawyers were willing to take our case at S$2500nett.... Finally, after much "bargain", our lawyer agreed to S$2500+GST, but I still battling at S$2500NETT. Lawyers are also reducing their rates to get more business... make a try, no harm!!

ctam
20-03-09, 14:59
Isaac,

Pls include us. Thanks!!

evilllll
20-03-09, 15:07
Kasper,
Think your lawyer must be recommended by your banker. Then approach your banker & demand that they should cover your legal fees so that you need not take out any monies.

MY lawyer initially charged us :
Legal fees : S$2500 + GST

Mortgage fee : S$500
Survey fee : S$800

I called my banker & "banged" at him that 2 other lawyers were willing to take our case at S$2500nett.... Finally, after much "bargain", our lawyer agreed to S$2500+GST, but I still battling at S$2500NETT. Lawyers are also reducing their rates to get more business... make a try, no harm!!

I told my banker that i will not pay any lawyer fees before taking the loan from him...and he absorbed the $500 too....
got loan from UOB

bellatmj
20-03-09, 20:51

Chengai Decking

Hi Queensway,
i'll like to join in the bulk purchase for the chengai decking but have no idea on the size of my planter. will try to check it out and get back to u ya. Thanks alot for the coordination and initiative :)

windrawlose
20-03-09, 21:20
hi windrawlose, we shld be neighbours. mine is blk 69. Stack 36. 12th floor. U got a good price though. What about u? what level u on and which unit? :)

Btw, do look through the forum for details. The members are doing some bulk purchase for chengai wood and clothes hanger. U can put ur name down there as well.

Heh, we'll be staying at same block. Mine stack 37, 3rd floor, facing the road. Think will be blocked by trees:( Well, not many units for me to choose from. I like the convenience of staying near MRT... abt 20 mins to Orchard :)

What price did you pay, Casper?

Glad to find many helpful neighbours around :)

Btw, I sneaked in the site today. Went to #02-05, #03-06 & #04-08. Still have many "little little" things undone. There was a worker doing some repair work at the door frame when I visited #04-08. Quite messy. Many rubbish! Also found scratches on the wardroble and window panels. Will the developer do a wash up before handling the unit to us?

windrawlose
20-03-09, 21:26
Congratz.

Hi Isaac. Yes I got my loan from UOB. Met up their assigned lawyer, PKWA, two weeks ago :)

I really wonder how the developer is going to give us keys by end April. Still quite messy when I visited the site today.

Anna T
20-03-09, 21:29
Hi Isaac,

Me too, i have added mine. Thanks a lot.

Anna

ctam
20-03-09, 22:03

Chengai Decking
Hi Queensway,

Pls add us, but only 2sqm at the yard. Thanks!!!

kasper
20-03-09, 22:19
I told my banker that i will not pay any lawyer fees before taking the loan from him...and he absorbed the $500 too....
got loan from UOB

Why so many take loan from UOB? May I know the interest rate that you are paying?

windrawlose
20-03-09, 22:25
Why so many take loan from UOB? May I know the interest rate that you are paying?

1st year 1.98%. Lock-in 1 year. 2nd year onwards I don't remember. Will probably do a refinance if there is a better rate. How about the rest? Is the rate attractive?

quartz
20-03-09, 22:28
1st year 1.98%. Lock-in 1 year. 2nd year onwards I don't remember. Will probably do a refinance if there is a better rate. How about the rest? Is the rate attractive?

May I know Fixed or Floating?

windrawlose
20-03-09, 22:47
May I know Fixed or Floating?

Hi Quartz. Mine is fixed rate.

tortu
20-03-09, 23:12

Thanks, Isaac. Please see enclosed.

tortu
20-03-09, 23:24
Yes, I "pay" a visit to Quartz today and really scratching my head how will the authority approve TOP given its current messy condition?:confused:

Btw, visited the following ID at IMM today and will share the quotes once I have gotten them:
1. Spacious Planners (they look cool but I suspect pricing will also be cool)
2. Future Home
3. The Line Living
4. Inner View

Personal feeling is Inner View is most practical as they think for Condo project, we shouldnt need to spend > $15K as most of the cabinets are done up.

Btw, I also realized that the planter yard is also opened without window, am I right?

isaaclim
20-03-09, 23:28
Hi Quartz. Mine is fixed rate.

1.98% from UOB is not fixed. It link with their board rate. If UOB increase their broad rate, the interest rate will increase.

tortu
20-03-09, 23:31
1.98% from UOB is not fixed. It link with their board rate. If UOB increase their broad rate, the interest rate will increase.

Yes, fized rate is definitely higher than that. UOB uses SOR instead or SIBOR. SOR typically flunctuates more than SIBOR. So have to be careful with SOR.

I know UOB & OCBC use SOR which I dont like as they are not as "transparent" as SIBOR.

Cot
21-03-09, 00:59

When did you sign up with UOB?

isaaclim
21-03-09, 01:09
When did you sign up with UOB?

Maybe soon... :(

Cot
21-03-09, 01:30

When did you sign up with UOB? Our 1st year is at 2.58%!! :banghead:

windrawlose
21-03-09, 06:59
Yes, fized rate is definitely higher than that. UOB uses SOR instead or SIBOR. SOR typically flunctuates more than SIBOR. So have to be careful with SOR.

I know UOB & OCBC use SOR which I dont like as they are not as "transparent" as SIBOR.

Yes Isaac and tortu are right. I made a mistake. My loan uses the mortgage rate which is linked the SOR.

I checked the loan letter. 1st year 2.52% below mortgage rate (currently 4.5%). 2nd year 1.62% below mortgage rate. 3rd year 1.22% below. Thereafter 0.75% below...

I feel the rate is not attractive from 2nd year onwards.

Cot, I signed up in Feb 09.

kasper
21-03-09, 08:53
Yes Isaac and tortu are right. I made a mistake. My loan uses the mortgage rate which is linked the SOR.

I checked the loan letter. 1st year 2.52% below mortgage rate (currently 4.5%). 2nd year 1.62% below mortgage rate. 3rd year 1.22% below. Thereafter 0.75% below...

I feel the rate is not attractive from 2nd year onwards.

Cot, I signed up in Feb 09.

Those that have not sign up the loan should try Citi bcos I got my loan in Feb 09 at

0.85+SIBOR (1st yr)
1+SIBOR (2nd yr onwards)

kasper
21-03-09, 09:19
Any of your law firm charge you another S$500 for developer’s lawyer for the S&P documents separately? I pay 2500 nett include mortgage stamp only.

isaaclim
21-03-09, 09:56
Any of your law firm charge you another S$500 for developer’s lawyer for the S&P documents separately? I pay 2500 nett include mortgage stamp only.

In fact, 2.5k net (including GST and $500 stamping fee) is the max you have to pay for reasonable well reputable law firm.

evilllll
21-03-09, 11:44

I went for their fixed rate @ 2.48% per annum, 2 years locked in..dun know if that's a good deal or not, anyway, it's still lower than HDB loan...

Anyway, heard that Maybank if offering 1.6% for 1st year... 2.2% 2nd year and 2.9% 3rd year...3 years locked in

kasper
21-03-09, 12:17
In fact, 2.5k net (including GST and $500 stamping fee) is the max you have to pay for reasonable well reputable law firm.

Yes, mine is 2.5k net (including GST and $500 stamping fee). However, my lawyer is asking another 500 to pay developer lawyer for the s&p documents? is this valid? did anyone pay for it?

kasper
21-03-09, 12:19
I went for their fixed rate @ 2.48% per annum, 2 years locked in..dun know if that's a good deal or not, anyway, it's still lower than HDB loan...

Anyway, heard that Maybank if offering 1.6% for 1st year... 2.2% 2nd year and 2.9% 3rd year...3 years locked in

personally i think maybank is quite a good deal..but it is only lanuch after i commit my loan with citi..

isaaclim
21-03-09, 18:25

That package from Maybank is only for TOP'ed project at 70% only.

tortu
21-03-09, 19:50
Yes, mine is 2.5k net (including GST and $500 stamping fee). However, my lawyer is asking another 500 to pay developer lawyer for the s&p documents? is this valid? did anyone pay for it?

I think it is no big deal, I pay for the S&P agreement too. But cant remember exactly how much already.

ctam
21-03-09, 23:30
I called David of Maxpro on Monday & he asked me to email him my floor. Did so on the same evening. Sms him yesterday, quotation still not ready. He claimed busy with many other projects, no time to quote till next week.

My hubby & I wonder if many TQ owners award the job to him, then the following may happen: :scared-2:

1. Delay in our renovation ;
2. Rush job or
3. Sub-out our apts to other contractor.:scared-5:

flanderman
21-03-09, 23:44
I called David of Maxpro on Monday & he asked me to email him my floor. Did so on the same evening. Sms him yesterday, quotation still not ready. He claimed busy with many other projects, no time to quote till next week.

My hubby & I wonder if many TQ owners award the job to him, then the following may happen: :scared-2:

2. Rush job or

I have also emailed him (many weeks back)... But till today, he has yet to get back to me... Tried sms him and emailed him afew times to check on the outcome.. oso no reply. I'll probably going to give it pass..

isaaclim
22-03-09, 04:23
The following are the status for my IDs
- Vegas: No further consideration.
- Unimax: No further consideration.
- Rezt&Relax: No further consideration.
- HomeSuccess: Pending for Revised Quotation
- Blink23: Pending for Revised Quotation
- Fuse Concept: Pending for Revised Quotation
- North West: Pending for 1st Quotation
- Plush Living: Pending for 1st Quotation
- Ultimate: Pending for 1st Quotation

Hereby, i have attached two quotations that i obtained.
Please do note that these are not final.

caspercasper
22-03-09, 07:26
The following are the status for my IDs
- Vegas: No further consideration.
- Unimax: No further consideration.
- Rezt&Relax: No further consideration.
- HomeSuccess: Pending for Revised Quotation
- Blink23: Pending for Revised Quotation
- Fuse Concept: Pending for Revised Quotation
- North West: Pending for 1st Quotation
- Plush Living: Pending for 1st Quotation
- Ultimate: Pending for 1st Quotation

Hereby, i have attached two quotations that i obtained.
Please do note that these are not final.

i see from your quotes that you are making a sliding door to create a walk-in wardrobe. wouldn't that make your room even smaller with this partition or you intending to hack the walls? btw, your quotes are very high lei at about 17k and 19k for both quotes and you are not doing a lot of stuff. looks like the quotes are not very detailed also what will be done exactly and with what finishes. by the way, you installing shower curtains in master bedroom? lots of hidden costs i suppose. e.g. electrical points? hacking works? not intending to have feature wall for tv consoles?

isaaclim
22-03-09, 10:15
i see from your quotes that you are making a sliding door to create a walk-in wardrobe. wouldn't that make your room even smaller with this partition or you intending to hack the walls? btw, your quotes are very high lei at about 17k and 19k for both quotes and you are not doing a lot of stuff. looks like the quotes are not very detailed also what will be done exactly and with what finishes. by the way, you installing shower curtains in master bedroom? lots of hidden costs i suppose. e.g. electrical points? hacking works? not intending to have feature wall for tv consoles?

In this project, they are two kinds of master bedroom layout that permit walk-in wardrobes to be constructed without hacking :)

Regarding the quotation, i am still waiting for few more revised quotation. Or do you have any good and reasonable price ID to recommend?

Cot
22-03-09, 17:22

Hi, can I join in for the curtain purchase & also Chenai wood for balcony...btw, I'm thinking if we can bulk purchase for wall paper as well? Though every household different preference on the design, but we can negotiate for better pricing.

isaaclim
22-03-09, 19:52
Hi, can I join in for the curtain purchase & also Chenai wood for balcony...btw, I'm thinking if we can bulk purchase for wall paper as well? Though every household different preference on the design, but we can negotiate for better pricing.

Please email me.

Seriously, Singapore weather is not suitable for wallpaper. Too difficult to maintain. What would you think?

caspercasper
22-03-09, 23:10

I quite like the idea of using wallpaper as an alternative to making feature walls. Less costly and adds more life and color. Any lobang for wallpapers and where to get them.

queensway
23-03-09, 09:41
Chengai Decking

Namelist keen to join bulk purchase

Queensway
ctam
Bellatmj
Cot
TQ1
Windytrombone

Pls add on if you wanna to join.....
Pls email me your name + nickname for easy ref.

ng
23-03-09, 10:00
I quite like the idea of using wallpaper as an alternative to making feature walls. Less costly and adds more life and color. Any lobang for wallpapers and where to get them.

Hi, I'm not a owner of Quartz but I'm also looking at wallpaper. A quite famous brand is goodrichglobal. (http://www.goodrichglobal.com/english.htm)

Their showroom is at changi and quite a good selection. If done by their installers, warranty is 3 years.

Based on not so fanciful designs, their quote is abt $3K for a 89 sqm 2 br unit (living, dining and both br).

LA
23-03-09, 10:06

2. Rush job or

Hi ctam,

No worries on the above. I've known David for years and he's v responsible. To my understanding, he's being tied down with a lot of projects lately cos I just called him last week to revise my quotation also. Let me ask on ur behalf of his quotation.
I'v already confirm my id with him n confident that he'll do a job.

LA
23-03-09, 10:09
Hey TQ neighbours,

Any gatherings? It was mentioned n "died off". How about this coming sunday 3pm at buangkok KPT?

CrAzY
23-03-09, 10:15
Hey TQ neighbours,

Any gatherings? It was mentioned n "died off". How about this coming sunday 3pm at buangkok KPT?

LA,

Don't worry, it's still very much in the works. We're still debating on a suitable date and time.

flanderman
23-03-09, 11:16
Please email me.

Seriously, Singapore weather is not suitable for wallpaper. Too difficult to maintain. What would you think?

I am also toying with the idea of wall paper.. I also heard of some saying that quite a lot of wall papers these days are made from re-cycled paper, which will shrink, vis-a-vis that made from rice-paper. And Japan has also kinda of control the export of rice-paper.. anyone heard of that before?

:confused:

LA
23-03-09, 14:27
LA,

Don't worry, it's still very much in the works. We're still debating on a suitable date and time.

haha... i'll read the forum more often n kip myself up to date. cheers!

ctam
23-03-09, 14:44
Hi ctam,

No worries on the above. I've known David for years and he's v responsible. To my understanding, he's being tied down with a lot of projects lately cos I just called him last week to revise my quotation also. Let me ask on ur behalf of his quotation.
I'v already confirm my id with him n confident that he'll do a job.
LA,
Thanks, but we've decided to write him off our list. ;)

ctam
23-03-09, 14:56
Please email me.

You're right... 1 ID told us not advisable to have wallpaper in Spore due to humidity, unless u keep your aircon on all the times or you have to keep your windows closed even after your aircon's off.

quartz
23-03-09, 15:22
LA,

Can we have a show of hands on how many of you are interested in meeting up on this coming sunday or the next?

This Sunday (Mar 29th, 2009) or Next Sunday (Apr 05th, 2009)

Or do most of all prefer the 2nd or 3rd week of Apr 2009. As some of us might be busy due to month end.

isaaclim
23-03-09, 16:22
You're right... 1 ID told us not advisable to have wallpaper in Spore due to humidity, unless u keep your aircon on all the times or you have to keep your windows closed even after your aircon's off.

I was also told that, you need to pay tear down cost on top of replacement if you going to change your wallpaper in future.

Wallpaper is simply not particular in Singapore. But if you have big pocket to spend. By all means...

isaaclim
23-03-09, 16:23
LA,

Same. Call him and texted him. No response. So case closed.

isaaclim
23-03-09, 16:26
Can we have a show of hands on how many of you are interested in meeting up on this coming sunday or the next?

Or do most of all prefer the 2nd or 3rd week of Apr 2009. As some of us might be busy due to month end.

If you guys want to meet up, count me in. Anytime + anywhere. As long as i don't have appointment with IDs. :)

quartz
23-03-09, 18:27
I was also told that, you need to pay tear down cost on top of replacement if you going to change your wallpaper in future.

Wallpaper is simply not particular in Singapore. But if you have big pocket to spend. By all means...

Also, understand that Wallpaper have a lifespan of a couple of year.

And if is dirty, not too sure whether can it be wash off.

quartz
23-03-09, 18:53

Also, understand that Wallpaper have a lifespan of a couple of year.

And if is dirty, not too sure whether can it be wash off.

LA
23-03-09, 22:39
LA,

No worries. Watz important is u have to feel comfortable with the ID. Hope u find a gd one soon!

Quartzbie
23-03-09, 23:46
Chengai Decking

Queensway
ctam
Bellatmj
Cot
TQ1
Windytrombone

Pls add on if you wanna to join.....
Pls email me your name + nickname for easy ref.

Hi Queensways...I would like to join in the bulk purchase.

Queensway
ctam
Bellatmj
Cot
TQ1
Windytrombone
Quartzbie

Quartzbie
24-03-09, 00:08

HI Isaac,

attached is my portion.

isaaclim
24-03-09, 00:33
Same here!

Queensway
ctam
Bellatmj
Cot
TQ1
Windytrombone
Quartzbie
Isaac

isaaclim
24-03-09, 08:33
No worries. Watz important is u have to feel comfortable with the ID. Hope u find a gd one soon!

Can you share with us your ID quotation? or email me ( [email protected]) if you don't want to post it in public.

tortu
24-03-09, 08:40
Shouldnt we need a bulk purchase for the master bedroom toilet window to have a "non see through" film? Can we add this item to Isaac's list?

isaaclim
24-03-09, 08:46
Shouldnt we need a bulk purchase for the master bedroom toilet window to have a "non see through" film? Can we add this item to Isaac's list?

Please feel free to do so... then we can decided what to do base on the response. :)

dennislee
24-03-09, 08:53
i m also thinking of installinh the film but from what i know , this type of window film the film is quite dark in colour and also when inside is brighter then outside people can still see from outside . Please confirm with the supplier.

GEMS
24-03-09, 12:26
By the way anyone got the contacts for installing the films? Tks in advance:)

Unity
24-03-09, 18:08

3rd week of Apr best for me, however will follow the majority if I'm back in SIN then.

tortu
24-03-09, 18:31
Attached is the windows film that we are talking about, please feel free to add yourself into the list in the event when we get enough volume to go for a bulk purchase.

isaaclim
24-03-09, 19:17
Attached is the windows film that we are talking about, please feel free to add yourself into the list in the event when we get enough volume to go for a bulk purchase.

This is my update.

franshu
24-03-09, 20:30
Ours as attached. Anyone interested to buy built in oven and steam oven?

franshu
24-03-09, 20:32
Hi Queensways...I would like to join in the bulk purchase.
Namelist keen to join bulk purchase for cengai

Queensway
ctam
Bellatmj
Cot
TQ1
Windytrombone
Quartzbie
franshu

name as included. tx.

Cheewing
24-03-09, 20:35
Is it possible to put in an in-built oven given the space constraints in the kitchen?

franshu
24-03-09, 21:16
Is it possible to put in an in-built oven given the space constraints in the kitchen?

we planning to put the oven in the washing machine area and the washing machine in the 3rd bathroom.

ivanchan16
24-03-09, 21:31
Bulk purchase list updated :)

ivanchan16
24-03-09, 21:33
franshu

name as included. tx.

Chengai decking bulk purchase:

Queensway
ctam
Bellatmj
Cot
TQ1
Windytrombone
Quartzbie
franshu
ivanchan16

Anna T
24-03-09, 22:41
[quote=ivanchan16]Chengai decking bulk purchase:

Queensway
ctam
Bellatmj
Cot
TQ1
Windytrombone
Quartzbie
franshu
ivanchan16
Anna

axela_3
25-03-09, 08:10

Hi Bro,

I'm fine with any timings set. Just let me know.

Unity
25-03-09, 08:52
My update on bulk purchase, thanks !

isaaclim
25-03-09, 08:56

Queensway
ctam
Bellatmj
Cot
TQ1
Windytrombone
Quartzbie
franshu
ivanchan16
Anna
Isaac

Hmm... Somehow i being kicked in the listing process... :mad:

ctam
25-03-09, 12:47
There's a space in one of the cabinets below with wire & ventilator connected for us in the event we need to put a built-in oven. Just at the 1st cabinet below when u enter the kitchen, but you need to remove the door before putting your oven in :doh:. We checked with the agent when we realized that this developer did not provide us with the oven.:(

ivanchan16
25-03-09, 13:19

Queensway
ctam
Bellatmj
Cot
TQ1
Windytrombone
Quartzbie
franshu
ivanchan16
Anna
Isaac

no hard feelings... think it was inadvertently left out from the Quote from Quote thread lar ...

m&m
25-03-09, 13:54
no hard feelings... think it was inadvertently left out from the Quote from Quote thread lar ...

btw, anybody has ok condition sofas, tv, dining sets, microwave oven and fridge for sale. gotten a unit long time ago. renting out so no necessity for new sets..

only need curtain and false ceiling and lighting..any recommendations?

CrAzY
25-03-09, 14:18
btw, anybody has ok condition sofas, tv, dining sets, microwave oven and fridge for sale. gotten a unit long time ago. renting out so no necessity for new sets..

Hey, i might have some items for sale. I will keep you in the loop after we got the house key.

evilllll
25-03-09, 14:57

I got one CRT Flat Sony Wega 29" TV for sale.....can give u free wooden coffee table too.. u can email me at [email protected] if you're interested.

isaaclim
25-03-09, 17:47

Yes, I do. Please email me at [email protected]. We can discuss privately.

franshu
25-03-09, 18:35

yes, I do. pls e-mail [email protected] for discussions. tx.

Quartzbie
25-03-09, 23:53

Queensway
ctam
Bellatmj
Cot
TQ1
Windytrombone
Quartzbie
franshu
ivanchan16
Anna
Isaac

Hi guys,

Have talk to perfectdeco which do decking and they are willing to give a good price for bulk purchase. Check out the link below that I think its quite suitable for our planter area.

Queenway,

Once you have compile the list of planter size for the rest, please send me a copy so that I can ask them for a quote.

http://www.perfectdeco.com.sg/product4.html

queensway
26-03-09, 09:03
Hi guys,

Have talk to perfectdeco which do decking and they are willing to give a good price for bulk purchase. Check out the link below that I think its quite suitable for our planter area.

Queenway,

Once you have compile the list of planter size for the rest, please send me a copy so that I can ask them for a quote.

http://www.perfectdeco.com.sg/product4.html

Hi Quartzbie

Thats great, most owners does not have the dimension of their planter hence would have to wait till receipt of keys/floorplan. At least we have the figures to neg...

Nevertheless, i have told by one of the vendor to base on my unit dimension for quote of 10 units & he is giving me a super good price of $500+- for both planter area quoted. Expect most of the planter to falls around the same area or even bigger. (Those bigger units of cos have to pay more for the material used.) (Its chengai with 2 coating + 1 yr warranty! Direct wholesaler...) Was told that we can go to his warehouse in Spore to view the quality of the chengai used.

So far, basing on the request response we should be hitting more then 10 units. We shall wait for our actual floorplan to act further.

Pls PM me for those interested with your contact. Maybe can arrange a session of visiting for Chengai & laundry hanger...:)

queensway
26-03-09, 09:05
Are we guys meeting this weekend?

isaaclim
26-03-09, 11:03
Hi Quartzbie

Thats great, most owners does not have the dimension of their planter hence would have to wait till receipt of keys/floorplan. At least we have the figures to neg...

Nevertheless, i have told by one of the vendor to base on my unit dimension for quote of 10 units & he is giving me a super good price of $500+- for both planter area quoted. Expect most of the planter to falls around the same area or even bigger. (Those bigger units of cos have to pay more for the material used.) (Its chengai with 2 coating + 1 yr warranty! Direct wholesaler...) Was told that we can go to his warehouse in Spore to view the quality of the chengai used.

So far, basing on the request response we should be hitting more then 10 units. We shall wait for our actual floorplan to act further.

Pls PM me for those interested with your contact. Maybe can arrange a session of visiting for Chengai & laundry h
anger...:)

I think maybe can do the same for laminated ledge / solid top for those bay windows.
Anyone have wholesaler contact for dressing at bay windows?

ctam
26-03-09, 13:22
I think maybe can do the same for laminated ledge / solid top for those bay windows.
Anyone have wholesaler contact for dressing at bay windows?
Isaac,

You can contact this contractor as he has his own factory in Sungei Kadut doing solely carpentry work. His workmanship is good & he should be able quote you lower than ID, coz no designer's charge ;)

Jacky Ng
Taiko Design & Build
Mobile : 8233 3713

ctam
26-03-09, 13:26
Hi Quartzbie

Pls PM me for those interested with your contact. Maybe can arrange a session of visiting for Chengai & laundry hanger...:)
Hi guys,
All of you should have a big junk of list sent by Khattar Wong to you with the purchase agreement. Inside the docs, they did indicate the size of the planters & aircon ledge for individual units. Like mine, it's 2sqm in the yard, but I've no planter in the living area. You can check it out.

kasper
26-03-09, 13:44
Hi guys,
All of you should have a big junk of list sent by Khattar Wong to you with the purchase agreement. Inside the docs, they did indicate the size of the planters & aircon ledge for individual units. Like mine, it's 2sqm in the yard, but I've no planter in the living area. You can check it out.

send to you directly or through your lawyer? I did not recieve anything from Khattar Wong..

isaaclim
26-03-09, 13:58
Isaac,

You can contact this contractor as he has his own factory in Sungei Kadut doing solely carpentry work. His workmanship is good & he should be able quote you lower than ID, coz no designer's charge ;)

Jacky Ng
Taiko Design & Build
Mobile : 8233 3713

Thanks! Then we should kick start for bay windows dressing

Please add your name in the list and state your preference (laminated ledge or solid top) for Bay Windows Dressing:
- Isaac (Laminated ledge)

quartz
26-03-09, 14:33
Are we guys meeting this weekend?

So far only a handful reverted.

Can we do it this way. Those interested to meet up and get to know each other this coming sunday. Please indicated your "OK" against your name.

Meeting 11am or 2pm?

1) Quartz - 11pm or 2pm both ok.
2) Axela - OK
3) Ice Kopi
4) Isaaclim
5) Queensway
6) LA
7) Crazy
8) Ctam
9) Quartzbie
10) TQ1
11) COT
12) Windrawlose
13) Kasper
14) Evillll
15) Tortu
16) Flanderman

Can't keep track of the name list. Please feel free to add yourself into this list for those that I might have left out (Sorry).

Except for you know who.

flanderman
26-03-09, 14:53
So far only a handful reverted.
Can we do it this way. Those interested to meet up and get to know each other this coming sunday. Please indicated your "OK" against your name.

Meeting 11am or 2pm?

2) Axela - OK
3) Ice Kopi
4) Isaaclim
5) Queensway
6) LA
7) Crazy
8) Ctam
9) Quartzbie
10) TQ1
11) COT
12) Windrawlose
13) Kasper
14) Evillll
15) Tortu
16) Flanderman (Will not be able to make it/working this weekend)

Can't keep track of the name list. Please feel free to add yourself into this list for those that I might have left out (Sorry).

Except for you know who.

isaaclim
26-03-09, 14:54
Those interested to meet up and get to know each other this coming sunday. Please indicated your "OK" against your name.

Meeting 11am or 2pm?

2) Axela - OK
3) Ice Kopi
4) Isaaclim - Both OK
5) Queensway
6) LA
7) Crazy
8) Ctam
9) Quartzbie
10) TQ1
11) COT
12) Windrawlose
13) Kasper
14) Evillll
15) Tortu

Except for you know who.

franshu
26-03-09, 15:40

Please add your name in the list and state your preference (laminated ledge or solid top) for Bay Windows Dressing:

Interested.
- franshu

Icekopi
26-03-09, 16:44
Those interested to meet up and get to know each other this coming sunday. Please indicated your "OK" against your name.

Meeting 11am or 2pm?

2) Axela - OK
3) Ice Kopi
4) Isaaclim - Both OK
5) Queensway
6) LA
7) Crazy
8) Ctam
9) Quartzbie
10) TQ1
11) COT
12) Windrawlose
13) Kasper
14) Evillll
15) Tortu

Except for you know who.

Guys,

I can't make it this weekend due to work, sorry.

kasper
26-03-09, 17:02

Pls add me...btw..how does laminated ledge look like?
Solid top is like the show flat..Am I right?

isaaclim
26-03-09, 17:16
Pls add me...btw..how does laminated ledge look like?
Solid top is like the show flat..Am I right?

Laminated ledge is a piece of ply wood + lamination. A lots of choice of material + colour + texture.

Solid top is just like those use in showflat. But more expensive. Maybe 1.5-2 times the price for laminated ledge. Some commented it is too cold for sitting. but it look more classy.

So, Kasper and Franshu, what is your preference?

kasper
26-03-09, 19:30
Laminated ledge is a piece of ply wood + lamination. A lots of choice of material + colour + texture.

Solid top is just like those use in showflat. But more expensive. Maybe 1.5-2 times the price for laminated ledge. Some commented it is too cold for sitting. but it look more classy.

So, Kasper and Franshu, what is your preference?

will follow u..laminated ledge will do..prefer woodee feel..cheaper too..

franshu
26-03-09, 20:48
will follow u..laminated ledge will do..prefer woodee feel..cheaper too..

me also prefer laminate.

isaaclim
26-03-09, 22:06
- kasper (Laminated ledge)
- Franshu (Laminated ledge)

chang
26-03-09, 23:00
send to you directly or through your lawyer? I did not recieve anything from Khattar Wong..

same here... i never receive them as well. Only an extract of it.

ivanchan16
26-03-09, 23:09

preference (laminated ledge or solid top) for Bay Windows Dressing:
- ivanchan16 (Laminated ledge)

ivanchan16
26-03-09, 23:14

Hi,

I am letting go a panasonic fridge that is bought less than half a year ago. In good condition.

If u r interested, please email me at [email protected]

emptybox
26-03-09, 23:32
Hi Quartzbie

hi everyone!

this is so cool! so happy the quartz thread is so active! looking forward to enjoy the community :D

thanks queensway for organising the bulk purchases... will pm you; just wanna say hi to everyone keke..

anywayz, lemme add myself to the list

Queensway
ctam
Bellatmj
Cot
TQ1
Windytrombone
Quartzbie
franshu
ivanchan16
Anna
Isaac
emptybox

tortu
26-03-09, 23:40
2) Axela - OK
3) Ice Kopi
4) Isaaclim
5) Queensway
6) LA
7) Crazy
8) Ctam
9) Quartzbie
10) TQ1
11) COT
12) Windrawlose
13) Kasper
14) Evillll
15) Tortu - OK, 2pm:)
16) Flanderman

emptybox
26-03-09, 23:42

pls count me in for laminated ledge!

- emptybox (Laminated ledge)

Quartzbie
26-03-09, 23:56
2) Axela - OK
3) Ice Kopi
4) Isaaclim
5) Queensway
6) LA
7) Crazy
8) Ctam
9) Quartzbie - ok
10) TQ1
11) COT
12) Windrawlose
13) Kasper
14) Evillll
16) Flanderman

2) Axela - OK
3) Ice Kopi
4) Isaaclim
5) Queensway
6) LA
7) Crazy
8) Ctam
9) Quartzbie - ok
10) TQ1
11) COT
12) Windrawlose
13) Kasper
14) Evillll
16) Flanderman

Quartzbie
27-03-09, 00:04
Hi Quartzbie

Hi Queensway..thanks for your reply. By the way I just check the document and my planter size is 4 sq meters. Let me know the list when u have compile. Thanks.

emptybox
27-03-09, 00:06
My update on bulk purchase, thanks !

Would like to join in the bulk purchase as attached; can? :)

emptybox
27-03-09, 00:18
Would like to join in the bulk purchase as attached; can? :)

apologies forgot to attach my file, and didn't do it within 10 minutes...

attaching here.

chang
27-03-09, 00:21
Hi guys,

what size is your unit? I tot all the units have a planter in the living room? no docs lei...

axela_3
27-03-09, 07:54
what size is your unit? I tot all the units have a planter in the living room? no docs lei...

not all units have planters. if you've notice, the top 2 levels from every block are with the full height glass curtains. These units are without the planters.

axela_3
27-03-09, 07:57
Guys,

I can't make it this weekend due to work, sorry.

now, that's a bummer. i guess i'll have to pm you to get your contacts then.

awgx88
27-03-09, 09:37
now, that's a bummer. i guess i'll have to pm you to get your contacts then.

Hi All,

Hope am not too late for the bulk purchases so far... :ashamed1:

Kindly include me for the following;
1) Laundry Hanger : Creative (Choice)
2) Chengai Planter
3) Meeting this Sunday should be okie...! :cheers6:

Thxs & Hello fellow Quartzies... :hell-hath-no-fury:

isaaclim
27-03-09, 09:48
A very rough measure base on floor plan, my planter is around 30sqft. at the living area and 14sqft at then laundry area.

noblebaby
27-03-09, 10:12
A very rough measure base on floor plan, my planter is around 30sqft. at the living area and 14sqft at then laundry area.

floor plan requested from architect?

isaaclim
27-03-09, 10:20
floor plan requested from architect?

Just base on normal floor plan. It should drawn to scale. My living area is 11ft. So, base on that scale you are roughly measure the size of the rest.

ctam
27-03-09, 10:47
Sent to us thru Khattar Wong, together with sales purchase agreement. Maybe your lawyer took the whole stack from you, as our lawyer did so initially, but we requested for a copy.

If any1 need your planter size, can pm me your unit nbr, I can check for you.

ctam
27-03-09, 10:53
Oh, ours is with the roof terrace in the living area :)

Unity
27-03-09, 12:45
- Unity ( Laminated )

Unity
27-03-09, 12:47
Quartz - 11pm or 2pm both ok.
2) Axela - OK
3) Ice Kopi
4) Isaaclim
5) Queensway
6) LA
7) Crazy
8) Ctam
9) Quartzbie
10) TQ1
11) COT
12) Windrawlose
13) Kasper
14) Evillll
16) Flanderman
17) Unity - Unable to make it, abroad at the moment

isaaclim
27-03-09, 13:55
- Unity ( Laminated )

I have contacted the carpenter given by ctam. His price is S$35 per foot run. He is willing to reduce his price base on No. of households order from him.

One of this fine day, i will go around few carpenters in Singapore to get quote for Laminated ledge + Study table + Book self. If you keen, please add your name in the list and state the carpenter work you need.

chang
27-03-09, 14:38
anyone got any lobang for curtains?

isaaclim
27-03-09, 14:46
anyone got any lobang for curtains?

I have contacted few curtains maker. Their price is also base on per foot run + the kind of materials used. So, curtains we definitely need to wait until key collection.

LA
27-03-09, 14:52
2) Axela - OK
3) Ice Kopi
4) Isaaclim
5) Queensway
6) LA
7) Crazy
8) Ctam
9) Quartzbie
10) TQ1
11) COT
12) Windrawlose
13) Kasper
14) Evillll
16) Flanderman
2) Axela - OK
3) Ice Kopi
4) Isaaclim
5) Queensway
6) LA (Not able to make it due to work)
7) Crazy
8) Ctam
9) Quartzbie
10) TQ1
11) COT
12) Windrawlose
13) Kasper
14) Evillll
15) Tortu - OK, 2pm
16) Flanderman

ctam
27-03-09, 16:43
I have contacted the carpenter given by ctam. His price is S$35 per foot run. He is willing to reduce his price base on No. of households order from him.

One of this fine day, i will go around few carpenters in Singapore to get quote for Laminated ledge + Study table + Book self. If you keen, please add your name in the list and state the carpenter work you need.

I just called Jacky, & if we've >5 apts using him, then his charge of S$35/foot run will use "ABS" trimming. If we can get more, then I can bargain for better deal ;)

emptybox
27-03-09, 17:11
- Unity ( Laminated )

looks like my name has been taken out...? :)

do keep me inside....

- Unity ( Laminated )

tortu
27-03-09, 19:51
- Unity ( Laminated )
- tor (laminated ledge with ABS)

caspercasper
27-03-09, 22:10
- Unity ( Laminated )

i can see that everyone is getting their names on the bulk purchase. may i offer a suggestion to everyone that u all login to facebook. there is a group page for the quartz. will be able to discuss issues clearly and confirm who is serious about the items or not?

ctam
27-03-09, 22:33
Lifestyle 21
21 March 2009 - 29 March 2009

Event type : Furniture & Home Furnishings
Venue : Hall 6A
Admission : Public - Free admission
Event Schedules : Time: 12noon to 10pm

Show Profile :
Come to the Lifestyle 21 shows to find everything you need to renovate and update your home all in one place. From living room, kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms, you'll find everything you need to improve your home at the Lifestyle 21.

Organizer : Premier Exhibition Services Pte Ltd

Contact Details :
Tel : +65 6736 3177
Fax : +65 6737 9170
Email : [email protected] ([email protected])

ctam
27-03-09, 23:05
- Unity ( Laminated )
- ctam (laminated top with ABS)

ivanchan16
27-03-09, 23:23
i can see that everyone is getting their names on the bulk purchase. may i offer a suggestion to everyone that u all login to facebook. there is a group page for the quartz. will be able to discuss issues clearly and confirm who is serious about the items or not?

Hi Caspercasper, din know FB got this group. Thanks for informing. I just joined liao :)

ctam
27-03-09, 23:47
Hi Caspercasper, din know FB got this group. Thanks for informing. I just joined liao :)
ivanchan16,
I couldn't find it, can you pls advise how to look for it?:ashamed1: Thanks!!

isaaclim
28-03-09, 00:34
I just called Jacky, & if we've >5 apts using him, then his charge of S$35/foot run will use "ABS" trimming. If we can get more, then I can bargain for better deal ;)

What is ABS?

quartz
28-03-09, 11:21
1st informal meeting

Available party

Quartz, Axela, Isaaclim, Quartzbie & Tortu.

Get to know each other session @ the "Kopitiam" near "The Quartz" @ 2pm.

See all of you there tmr.

Those who can't meet it, will arrange for a next meeting.

isaaclim
28-03-09, 12:15
1st informal meeting

Available party

Quartz, Axela, Isaaclim, Quartzbie & Tortu.

Get to know each other session @ the "Kopitiam" near "The Quartz" @ 2pm.

See all of you there tmr.

Those who can't meet it, will arrange for a next meeting.

How can we identify each other?

noname777
28-03-09, 12:16
Please add me in for Chengai Planter. Bernard

Thanks.

ivanchan16
28-03-09, 13:52
ivanchan16,
I couldn't find it, can you pls advise how to look for it?:ashamed1: Thanks!!

hi, try this link http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=35803982375&ref=mf

if can't, then type The Quartz in the search function. then shd be able to come out :)

quartz
28-03-09, 14:21
How can we identify each other?

A flower pin on the shirt... Ha Ha Ha...

Can we meet at the bus stop near the MRT. I will bring along "The Quartz Brochure" for identifcation.

Hi Queenways,

Are you free to meet up?

Can I confirm with all again on the meeting?

Quartz - Confirm
Isaaclim - Confirm - Can you bring along your quotation?
Axela -
Quartzbie
Tortu
Queensway

Anyone other interested in meeting up?

Quartzbie
28-03-09, 18:05
A flower pin on the shirt... Ha Ha Ha...

Can we meet at the bus stop near the MRT. I will bring along "The Quartz Brochure" for identifcation.

Hi Queenways,

Are you free to meet up?

Can I confirm with all again on the meeting?

Quartz - Confirm
Axela -
Quartzbie
Tortu
Queensway

Anyone other interested in meeting up?

Quartz - Confirm
Axela -
Quartzbie -confirm
Tortu
Queensway

Hi Guys,

Can email each other or pm each other in facebook out hp numbers?

ctam
28-03-09, 22:10
hi, try this link http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=35803982375&ref=mf

if can't, then type The Quartz in the search function. then shd be able to come out :)
Hi ivanchan16,

Thanks, i've joined ;)

isaaclim
28-03-09, 22:27
Quartz - Confirm
Axela -
Quartzbie -confirm
Tortu
Queensway

Hi Guys,

Sure. I will. Both of you all interested for some design works?

I will roam around fairprice or showflats at 2pm until 3:30pm. You guys can reach me at 96838181.

flanderman
28-03-09, 23:06
You may also want to try this ID: Project i Pte Ltd. Their website : www.designgallery.com.sg (http://www.designgallery.com.sg).

isaaclim
28-03-09, 23:47
You may also want to try this ID: Project i Pte Ltd. Their website : www.designgallery.com.sg (http://www.designgallery.com.sg).

Nah... i think i have enough. Already consulted more then 10 IDs so far

quartz
29-03-09, 01:07
Anyone consulted Unimax Creative for ID? They claimed that there are 20plus quartz owners who have signed up with them :scared-5:

tortu
29-03-09, 01:17
Sure. I will. Both of you all interested for some design works?

I will roam around fairprice or showflats at 2pm until 3:30pm. You guys can reach me at 96838181.

Sorry guys, a million apologies! My son has a last minute change in his enrichment class and I will need to send him there. Hence I will have to give this 1st gathering a miss.

I am really sorry to back off at such last min.:doh:

SIA
29-03-09, 07:36
Quartz - Confirm
Axela -
Quartzbie -confirm
Tortu
Queensway

Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,

I will join this afternoon. See you there.

isaaclim
29-03-09, 09:04
Anyone consulted Unimax Creative for ID? They claimed that there are 20plus quartz owners who have signed up with them :scared-5:

I did :). But not in my consideration list.

They are a big firm with many IDs. I think some are only student standard. Maybe just my luck :(. I will share more this afternoon.

quartz
29-03-09, 10:10
Hi Guys,

I will join this afternoon. See you there.

OK. See you.

Alexa, Queensway, are you coming along too?

quartz
29-03-09, 10:14

They are a big firm with many IDs. I think some are only student standard. Maybe just my luck :(. I will share more this afternoon.

OK. Thanks.

tortu
29-03-09, 10:15
What is ABS?

Isaac,

ABS trimming is a thin strip of linning at the 90 degree edge to protect the laminate from peeling off easily. It is recommended for laminate edge that will be exposed to heavy usage (eg. sette area)

cher
29-03-09, 10:43

Have anyone here consulted with haierliving or Whites D'Zigno for ID, care to share their comments?

isaaclim
29-03-09, 11:13
Have anyone here consulted with haierliving or Whites D'Zigno for ID, care to share their comments?

Ah no. Did you get a quote from them?

Able to meet this afternoon?

kitz
29-03-09, 12:29
Any idea who is the ID for the Quartz showroom?

axela_3
29-03-09, 18:48
To those that made it to the 1st meetup, it's was a great start. Let's hope that we can get our little community moving and growing!

For the 2nd meetup, we'll hold it 2 weeks from now. Any objections?

kasper
29-03-09, 19:02
To those that made it to the 1st meetup, it's was a great start. Let's hope that we can get our little community moving and growing!

Hi, can briefly summarise what have been discussed/confirmed..

emptybox
29-03-09, 19:19
curious about the progress, so went down to have a look...

sharing some pix here...

quartz
29-03-09, 19:55

Yo bro,

No Prob.

noblebaby
29-03-09, 20:21

sharing some pix here...

looks nice;)

Cot
29-03-09, 22:27

sharing some pix here...

Did you carry an umbrella today?

Sharing some photos :) This is view from unit 17

kitz
29-03-09, 22:39

Great photos, how did you managed to get into the unit? Any more to share? Thanks.

Cot
29-03-09, 22:48
You may also want to try this ID: Project i Pte Ltd. Their website : www.designgallery.com.sg. (http://www.designgallery.com.sg.)

Thanks :) I think their design is nice... Did you ask for quote? This Project i is set up by a couple right? Cos my sis recommend me this ID before, but I can't find the website.

Cot
29-03-09, 22:54
Great photos, how did you managed to get into the unit? Any more to share? Thanks.

I'm not prepared today, so only took using my HP.
U staying in which unit?
btw, I look at the floors for many units..its dirty..esp the gaps between the tiles..they better wash them clean before handover..else really upset..

GEMS
29-03-09, 23:03

Im the one carrying the umbrella. So u must be the couple right?:)

Cot
29-03-09, 23:07
Im the one carrying the umbrella. So u must be the couple right?:)

Yes! U saw us??
I feel so sneaky today! haha :cheers6:
btw, u stay in which unit??

flanderman
29-03-09, 23:16
Thanks :) I think their design is nice... Did you ask for quote? This Project i is set up by a couple right? Cos my sis recommend me this ID before, but I can't find the website.

Yup, I did ask for a quote from them. So far, i am ok with what they have proposed to me (stiill fine-tuning). The couple (Ice and Philip) was previously working for one of the iD firm. Two years ago, they came out to set up their own company (Project i).

Cot
29-03-09, 23:22
Yup, I did ask for a quote from them. So far, i am ok with what they have proposed to me (stiill fine-tuning). The couple (Ice and Philip) was previously working for one of the iD firm. Two years ago, they came out to set up their own company (Project i).

Yes, think its this co :) Can you share the quote? My sis says their service quite good.. This is important...
So far IDs quote is about $20K +/- $3K ...

GEMS
29-03-09, 23:29
Yes! U saw us??

haha i feel sneaky too. Nice to meet u. the weather was so hot i was so tempted to dive into the pool..!:ashamed1:

Cot
29-03-09, 23:32
haha i feel sneaky too. Nice to meet u. the weather was so hot i was so tempted to dive into the pool..!:ashamed1:

hehe :) nice to meet you too.. did you get into your unit to check it out? U staying in which unit?

isaaclim
29-03-09, 23:34
Hi, can briefly summarise what have been discussed/confirmed..

Basically, we are sharing IDs quotation from each other and exchanges contacts.

During our discussion, Quartz bring to our attention that Unimax Creative is having special packages for The Quartz residences. I have met with his ID and asked for a quote base on my personal requirement. Once the quotation is ready, then we will know if the special package is really special.

Meanwhile, if you are do shopping for your home appliances and keen to team up for bulk purchases, please note down model no. We will be gathering the list after key collection and go around "Singapore" for bulk purchase quotation. If volume is huge, we may go direct to manufacturer :). Let's see...

GEMS
29-03-09, 23:37
hehe :) nice to meet you too.. did you get into your unit to check it out? U staying in which unit?

im at blk 61 high flr, facing buangkok dr. urself?:D

Cot
29-03-09, 23:42
im at blk 61 high flr, facing buangkok dr. urself?:D

I'm staying at BLK59, facing tennis court :)
Hehe..will you go site visit again next week?? hehe

tortu
29-03-09, 23:46
So you guys managed to "sneak" into the unit?

I passed by the site almost everyday and havent thought of stepping foot in. Shame on me.:(

flanderman
29-03-09, 23:53
Yes, think its this co :) Can you share the quote? My sis says their service quite good.. This is important...
So far IDs quote is about $20K +/- $3K ...

Maybe you may wan to drop me your email address?

GEMS
29-03-09, 23:57
I'm staying at BLK59, facing tennis court :)
Hehe..will you go site visit again next week?? hehe

Just like Tortu...i passby everyday. Try not to walk in open cos it still not very safe. :o

chang
30-03-09, 00:10
Yes! U saw us??

Cot, can share more photos? how did u get in without the security checking u? is most of the place completed based on what u saw?

GEMS
30-03-09, 00:17
Hi Chang, most units should be ready to be handed over. From what i see, they just need to clean up the surrounding ie lift lobby,staircase etc, finish up the landscaping, tennis court , sky gym.Hence TOP should be on track in end april. I will try to post some pictures later. :cool:

chang
30-03-09, 00:28
Hi Chang, most units should be ready to be handed over. From what i see, they just need to clean up the surrounding ie lift lobby,staircase etc, finish up the landscaping, tennis court , sky gym.Hence TOP should be on track in end april. I will try to post some pictures later. :cool:

hey thanks gems... great... cant wait to see more photos of the quartz. Not sure how it works... so TOP will coincide with keys collection? cant wait to shift in. cool & exciting!

anniewee333
30-03-09, 07:54
Hi Queensway,

Pls add me in for the Chenggai planter's list. Thanks.:)

queensway
30-03-09, 08:58
OK. See you.

Alexa, Queensway, are you coming along too?

Hi Quartz

Pai seh to have miss the msg. Had not log on during the past few days. Guess i will have to meet up with you guys for the nxt session.

:ashamed1:

CrAzY
30-03-09, 09:22
Hi Quartz

Pai seh to have miss the msg. Had not log on during the past few days. Guess i will have to meet up with you guys for the nxt session.

Hi Queensway

The cheapest i got for Chengai wood is $22 per psf.

queensway
30-03-09, 09:55
Hi Queensway

The cheapest i got for Chengai wood is $22 per psf.

Hi Crazy

Most vendors are unable to quote on psf due to the small planter size we had, where they purchase chengai on 12, 15 ft & so on. Hence any balance being left over, they would not be able to resell it. Most can only quote on per area, unless we are talking about those units with bigger area. Then they will be able to provide the price base on psf. In addition, it also depands if the chengai can be fitted into the lift, if not, there will be manpower charges as well. The depth of the planter is also a determinating factor. lots more.... Guess would have to meet up to talk about the list of things to lookout for....

Told by some owners that the contract did specify the sqft of the planter, dont think it mention the breadth & the depth...

usually normal quote for my 2 planter area, it cost abt 1K, for bulk buy we will be getting at least some special price. Most vendor will only be able to furnish us discount we have at least 10 units. So far, we have more then that..
Kind of surprise over one of the quote given with super good price, guess would have to look at the quality before acting....

I will compile a list of the vendors that has quoted me & will share it. Will only be able to do so iin another few weeks due to tide schedules.

CrAzY
30-03-09, 10:04
Hi Crazy

Most vendors are unable to quote on psf due to the small planter size we had, where they purchase chengai on 12, 15 ft & so on. Hence any balance being left over, they would not be able to resell it. Most can only quote on per area, unless we are talking about those units with bigger area. Then they will be able to provide the price base on psf. In addition, it also depands if the chengai can be fitted into the lift, if not, there will be manpower charges as well. The depth of the planter is also a determinating factor. lots more.... Guess would have to meet up to talk about the list of things to lookout for....

Told by some owners that the contract did specify the sqft of the planter, dont think it mention the breadth & the depth...

usually normal quote for my 2 planter area, it cost abt 1K, for bulk buy we will be getting at least some special price. Most vendor will only be able to furnish us discount we have at least 10 units. So far, we have more then that..
Kind of surprise over one of the quote given with super good price, guess would have to look at the quality before acting....

I will compile a list of the vendors that has quoted me & will share it. Will only be able to do so iin another few weeks due to tide schedules.

Ok, nevertheless most likely i will using her for my house renovation.

emptybox
30-03-09, 10:42

nope; was just wearing my shades :D

great photos you shared! ;)

quartz
30-03-09, 10:55
Hi Quartz

Hey, No Prob.

Just that a lot of us was actually expecting you to turn up.

We will be having another round of meeting 2 weeks from now.

Hope you can join us then.

GEMS
30-03-09, 11:38
Hi Guys, some pics for your viewing pleasure:o
Sorry double post:D
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6820/img0896v.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8614/img0895a.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7691/img0893e.jpg
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4229/img0892.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1076/img0890l.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7772/img0889c.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3028/img0806t.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5126/img0802e.jpg
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9774/img0801e.jpg

GEMS
30-03-09, 11:39

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7533/img0800l.jpg

kasper
30-03-09, 11:55

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7533/img0800l.jpg

nice photos...btw..where is the basement carpark entry and exit?

GEMS
30-03-09, 12:08
Tks Kasper, turning left or right from the main entrance will lead u to the basement carpk.Exits should be from the same points. Its quite huge, almost lost my way inside:doh:

emptybox
30-03-09, 14:59
Tks Kasper, turning left or right from the main entrance will lead u to the basement carpk.Exits should be from the same points. Its quite huge, almost lost my way inside:doh:

coming in from the entrance,

1. if turn left, the road is above surface till the back entrance/exit.

2. if turn right, you'll very soon come to a lobang which also leads you to the basement carpark. Hence, on the right half of the development there's no road above the surface