PDA

View Full Version : The Florentine @ Florence Road

Pages : 1 [2]

Novice
21-03-11, 08:40
Hi Novice,talking about the "mysterious" squarish area at bottom right of the picture....yup...you are right...those are carpark lots. But since day 1, Roxy Homes already incorporated it into the design and model at showflat. The site plan in the brochure also shows this already. It sort of protrudes out of the ground level at stack 3 and roofed over with wooden strips for an aesthetics finishing.

Oh! Is it? Din realise it till u mentioned. Thanks, Dark Knight. :) Maybe it's shown on the model but not obvious.

deeky
04-04-11, 18:53
Passby the site last weekend. It is near completion and the chinese supervisor told me TOP will be within 1-2 weeks :) , wonder if it is true.

But I went round the site and notice the back and sides of the condo are surrounded by normal thick wired fence (something like the army 'Restricted' fence), unlike the front which are concrete walls. Seems unsightly (a nice boutique condo separated from the outside by fence) and also lack of privacy as people can just see through.
Dun know if it matters to you, but wonder if we can raise this to the mgtment?

kompass
05-04-11, 09:04
We were told that TOP is tomorrow. Hopefully, it is true. The metal fence is rather unsightly but we noticed that it was used at Fontaine Parry, Stradia etc as well. Some has it hidden better than others with creepers, plants etc.

DawnMarie78
08-04-11, 18:46
Anyone received any updated news on Florentine yet?

megaclaw
23-04-11, 22:53
I called Roxy. TOP papers submitted to Authorities. Waiting for approval expected end April. Key collection probably mid May onwards.

DawnMarie78
24-04-11, 15:48
Thanks Megaclaw... Let's hope this is finally going to be our last leg of waiting for the keys! Wait until neck very long already... Haiz

megaclaw
25-04-11, 21:05
The playground and BBQ pits not in sight yet.

Novice
26-04-11, 09:24
The playground and BBQ pits not in sight yet.

Thanks for the info, Megaclaw. :) Nice to hear that the key collection is near but I'm not too optimistic... As you mentioned, the playground and even the name of The Florentine and address at the entrance is still not visible yet! The BBQ pits are mobile and you'll see residents start pushing it out when they want to BBQ! With so many things still not in place, the Authority might not issue the T.O.P by end April 2011. Roxy Homes might need to rectify some "rejected issues and some outstanding issue" and "re-submit" for approval and all these might delay again! Sigh! :doh: But... hopefully, Roxy Homes speed up things a little and all goes smoothly... :rolleyes:

devilplate
26-04-11, 09:27
looks like roxy homes is vy SLOW

ysyap
26-04-11, 09:39
The playground and BBQ pits not in sight yet.My developer removed the playground from the initial plan during the construction phase so you better check with your developer again. :scared-4:

Dark Knight
26-04-11, 20:47
My developer removed the playground from the initial plan during the construction phase so you better check with your developer again. :scared-4:

Look at S&P. If indeed remove, developer must compensate purchaser. Contract Law. If never ask for compensation, then too bad.

magyarposta
27-04-11, 14:03
Just called Roxy Homes. The collection of keys will be in June as they have not heard from the relevant authorities regarding the TOP approval.

Novice
27-04-11, 14:52
Just called Roxy Homes. The collection of keys will be in June as they have not heard from the relevant authorities regarding the TOP approval.

Thanks for the info, Magyarposta. As expected... Sigh! :doh: Can't Roxy Homes do something to pressure those relevant authorities? Think Roxy Homes is going to delay all the way till last minute... T.O.P for The Florentine on paper is 30th June 2011! That's the very last straw when we can take legal action... hopefully we do not need to retort to that!

devilplate
27-04-11, 15:05
Thanks for the info, Magyarposta. As expected... Sigh! :doh: Can't Roxy Homes do something to pressure those relevant authorities? Think Roxy Homes is going to delay all the way till last minute... T.O.P for The Florentine on paper is 30th June 2011! That's the very last straw when we can take legal action... hopefully we do not need to retort to that!

u cant sue them leh....they only pay u interest for the delay

wacko
01-05-11, 18:27
hate to disappoint you, but there's nothing you can do if you don't get your keys by 30 June 2011, it's the legal completion date that matters.

megaclaw
01-05-11, 20:49
Will the playground still be erected?

megaclaw
09-05-11, 21:56
I pay a visit last night.... They have started work on the playground finally. Probably the reason for the TOP delay. The name still not erected.
Any news anyone?

Dark Knight
11-05-11, 18:15
hate to disappoint you, but there's nothing you can do if you don't get your keys by 30 June 2011, it's the legal completion date that matters.

Another Smart Alec on the forum.

wacko
11-05-11, 21:03
Another Smart Alec on the forum.prove me wrong.

Dark Knight
12-05-11, 01:27
prove me wrong.
S&P is never wrong.

Dark Knight
12-05-11, 01:35
prove me wrong.
BTW, the S&P states that the TOP date of 30 June 2011 is known as the Transfer Date. It is further stipulated that if for any reason the developer does not deliver vacant possession of the Unit to the purchaser by the Transfer date, the Vendor MUST pay liquidated damages.

This is basic knowledge for anyone who purchased private properties. During conveyance, the solicitor would have updated buyers on this. Not sure why you insist that no action can be taken until LEGAL completion. And you still dare ask people to prove you wrong????

devilplate
12-05-11, 08:57
I guess misunderstanding? Cant do anything means cant sue the developer? Developer only pay u 10% interest of the amt u hf paid if they delay the TOP date:D

Novice
13-05-11, 08:58
I pay a visit last night.... They have started work on the playground finally. Probably the reason for the TOP delay. The name still not erected.
Any news anyone?

Hi Megaclaw, thanks for the update. Dropped by The Florentine site yesterday but didn't really catch the playground site. Saw the name of The Florentine being pasted on the wall between the side entrance and car entrance. Quite badly done... not very impressive! One of the "E" has dropped off in "THE FLOR NTINE"! :doh:

Novice
13-05-11, 09:03
BTW, the S&P states that the TOP date of 30 June 2011 is known as the Transfer Date. It is further stipulated that if for any reason the developer does not deliver vacant possession of the Unit to the purchaser by the Transfer date, the Vendor MUST pay liquidated damages.

This is basic knowledge for anyone who purchased private properties. During conveyance, the solicitor would have updated buyers on this. Not sure why you insist that no action can be taken until LEGAL completion. And you still dare ask people to prove you wrong????

Hi Dark Knight, cool down. Wow, impressive! You really do your homework and got the facts right... not like others who just speak for the sake of speaking! Anyway, one point proven... Empty vessels make the most noise! Ha... Ha... Ha! Well done, Dark Knight! Thanks! :)

wacko
14-05-11, 00:25

Proven wrong! :o
There's more to it than clause 16, missed the intent of clause 12 altogether.

Novice
16-05-11, 15:46
Hi Megaclaw, thanks for the update. Dropped by The Florentine site yesterday but didn't really catch the playground site. Saw the name of The Florentine being pasted on the wall between the side entrance and car entrance. Quite badly done... not very impressive! One of the "E" has dropped off in "THE FLOR NTINE"! :doh:

Finally... they fixed back the "E" into "THE FLORENTINE"... Yeh! :)

ysyap
16-05-11, 15:59
Finally... they fixed back the "E" into "THE FLORENTINE"... Yeh! :)They have read your complaints... :D

Novice
18-05-11, 08:42
Hi, received an SMS from an agent...

D19 Florentine @ Florence Rd, nestled among landed ppty. 999 yr. Highly anticipated T.O.P. next mth! Beautiful 2 + Study, 958 sqft, quiet facing. One of e best unit! Only $985k! Sure to go! Call now 4 onsite presentation b4 price increase after T.O.P.! Ken HSR.

Anybody interested? :) Let me know so that I will pass Ken's handphone to you...

megaclaw
20-05-11, 10:09
Called Roxy again. They also not sure when BCA will give them TOP approval. They said they will try to push for end May to early June.
Note sure what is going on behind the scene....:doh:

hyenergix
20-05-11, 15:36
Roxy also has Space @ Kovan project? I think there are many individual roof-top swimming pools, maybe it could be more problematic...

magyarposta
03-06-11, 16:54
Dear All, I just found out that the Florentine has received its TOP! :) :cheers6:

Copied from the BCA TOP website:

A1634-00814-2007-BP01 2 BLOCKS OF 5-STOREY RESIDENTIAL APARTMENT (TOTAL : 34 UNITS) WITH ATTIC, ROOF TERRACE, 1ST STOREY CAR PARK AND SWIMMING POOL ON LOT 04138P, 04139T, 04874K, 04875N, 04970C & 07207A MK22 AT 68 & 70 FLORENCE ROAD RAYMOND TAN ENG TEIK 201125750 05/26/2011 3788.61 6000000 34

ysyap
03-06-11, 17:00
Congrats... I think this project took some 3 years for completion, the longest duration for a small development I've seen. :p

DawnMarie78
03-06-11, 18:19
Dear All, I just found out that the Florentine has received its TOP! :) :cheers6:

Copied from the BCA TOP website:

A1634-00814-2007-BP01 2 BLOCKS OF 5-STOREY RESIDENTIAL APARTMENT (TOTAL : 34 UNITS) WITH ATTIC, ROOF TERRACE, 1ST STOREY CAR PARK AND SWIMMING POOL ON LOT 04138P, 04139T, 04874K, 04875N, 04970C & 07207A MK22 AT 68 & 70 FLORENCE ROAD RAYMOND TAN ENG TEIK 201125750 05/26/2011 3788.61 6000000 34

Yeah! Finally!! Let's hope we get our keys very very soon! Thx Magyarposta for the update!

DawnMarie78
06-06-11, 16:49
The lawyer just called to notify that they will mail the letter to us.. For I think the remaining 25% payment. I should get a copy tomorrow.

DawnMarie78
07-06-11, 12:53
We can arrange to collect keys after 15th June after paying the remaining sum + maintenance fees + survey fees! Finally!! :spliff:

Novice
21-06-11, 14:30
Hi there,

Anybody got their keys already? :)

Twinkle78
21-06-11, 21:37
Hi there,

Anybody got their keys already? :)

Got mine today :) Novice, you?
By the way my acct got lock cos I forgot my password. I'm actually DawnMarie78 :)

active
27-06-11, 12:51
Hi guys,

How The Florentine? Heard it has TOP.Congrates!:) Couldnt get a unit there as was all sold out....Didnt like those resale units offered.
Any feedbacks abt the layout?

ysyap
27-06-11, 14:06
Do share the living experience in this development. I actually gave this project a miss after going to the showflat (2 different ones) and submitted the cheque but kana rejected coz it was too low and decided not to pursue staying here. After looking at the completed structure, felt that its a little too congested and squeezed from the outside! Any comments?

magyarposta
28-06-11, 21:46
The kitchen is quite small and can't put a mid size fridge. The balcony is pretty long and spacious. The bedroom 1 and 2 are pretty small. :doh:

smurfyblogger
29-06-11, 14:43
May I know how much is the monthly maintenance fees?

Novice
30-06-11, 13:28
May I know how much is the monthly maintenance fees?

One share is S$40. A typical 2 bedder is allocated 6 shares, so the monthly maintenance for a 2 bedder is (S$40 X 6) + 7% GST. :) A bit high if compared to other Condo development but The Florentine has only 34 units... that's why the higher monthly maintenance fees bah...

devilplate
30-06-11, 13:32
One share is S$40. A typical 2 bedder is allocated 6 shares, so the monthly maintenance for a 2 bedder is (S$40 X 6) + 7% GST. :) A bit high if compared to other Condo development but The Florentine has only 34 units... that's why the higher monthly maintenance fees bah...

240 for 2bdr reasonable mah....but expect to pay 50-100 more for sinking fund after 1-2yrs

ysyap
05-07-11, 11:49
Would like to ask all the proud owners here how long did this project take from the completion of brick wall (45% of progressive payment) to TOP (85% of progressive payment)? It just felt that this project was really slow? For a project this size, it should not take more than 6 months? But I think it was longer for Florentine?

devilplate
05-07-11, 12:01
Would like to ask all the proud owners here how long did this project take from the completion of brick wall (45% of progressive payment) to TOP (85% of progressive payment)? It just felt that this project was really slow? For a project this size, it should not take more than 6 months? But I think it was longer for Florentine?

nothing beats Verte...hehe

Novice
05-07-11, 17:03

Ya, agreed. This project is really very very slow. :sleep: As you mentioned before, it took 3 years for Roxy Homes to complete this project which some other developers might only need 6 months to a year! :doh: Well, I believe this project got its challenges too as it's not really a big plot of land and they need to squeeze in 2 block of apartments. Also, there's quite a number of contractors being changed hands during the construction phase. Anyway, happy that it has obtained T.O.P liao. :)

fclim
05-07-11, 17:09
Is The Vision quite slow too? I mean, like it was launched more than 1 year ago but hardly any construction activity at the site. Some more, it is an empty piece of land and not some enbloc sales.

ysyap
05-07-11, 20:16
Conversely, The Minton abt 1.5 years from launch, it is already up to 3rd or 4th storey liao and its such a huge development! :scared-4:

active
22-07-11, 15:04
Novice,have u moved in yet? Congrates!
Any comments?Heard the gym is not ready for used yet?True?

Novice
25-07-11, 08:27
Novice,have u moved in yet? Congrates!
Any comments?Heard the gym is not ready for used yet?True?

Hi Active,

Thanks for checking... Nope, not moved in yet... Still got a number of things to rectify... Quite a lot of defects from the contractor and also needs to do a bit of renovation work. Ya, the gym is not ready for used yet. :doh: Overall, still okay lar, a small development... so nothing much to expect from... The Swimming Pool is ready but haven't find time in it yet... :)