PDA

View Full Version : Clover By The Park, Bishan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

DC33_2008
19-09-11, 15:30
Don't think you can just change it. It requires permission.
I also think the metal gate should be changed to a solid door. Is the metal gate INSIDE the unit? Or on the outside linking to the common corridor/lift lobby?

cl0ver
19-09-11, 15:40
i think all these changes can wait 1yr after CSC

chiaberry
19-09-11, 15:48
If you can change it, there will be more privacy for your fish spa LOL :D Or else all your neighbours can look in too. The design not very good though. It's "messy" to be able to view other people's storage stuff from the main corridor. After some years of moving it, there will be a fair amount of junk kept in that "corridor".

I don't see why cannot put up the glass panel. If you put it AFTER the planter it will be well within your own unit. Planter remains outside of the glass panel. It will at least shield the stuff in the corridor from the full force of the wind and rain. Wind can be v. strong on the higher floors and when kena storm, your little longkang (planter) could be flooded if they have not done a big enough drainage hole for it.

DC33_2008
19-09-11, 16:20
This corridor should be at the back of a house and not at the front of a house. Could this be circular space which architects of the developer included it as part of the apartment and sold to them. Can put a blind at the gate and night and sleep at the corridor if it gets too warm inside the apartment. Should be quite cold and windy for highrise unit. Reduce electrical bill of air-conditioning.
If you can change it, there will be more privacy for your fish spa LOL :D Or else all your neighbours can look in too. The design not very good though. It's "messy" to be able to view other people's storage stuff from the main corridor. After some years of moving it, there will be a fair amount of junk kept in that "corridor".

I don't see why cannot put up the glass panel. If you put it AFTER the planter it will be well within your own unit. Planter remains outside of the glass panel. It will at least shield the stuff in the corridor from the full force of the wind and rain. Wind can be v. strong on the higher floors and when kena storm, your little longkang (planter) could be flooded if they have not done a big enough drainage hole for it.

chiaberry
19-09-11, 16:31
This corridor should be at the back of a house and not at the front of a house. Could this be circular space which architects of the developer included it as part of the apartment and sold to them. Can put a blind at the gate and night and sleep at the corridor if it gets too warm inside the apartment. Should be quite cold and windy for highrise unit. Reduce electrical bill of air-conditioning.

Put up a hammock? For lazy afternoon naps.

Agree that it would be better at the back of the house. Useful to hang laundry up there. But unsightly if you have to go through the laundry area to get to your front door.

bargain hunter
19-09-11, 17:12
but they already have a balcony for the laundry area at the back! :scared-4:

Put up a hammock? For lazy afternoon naps.

Agree that it would be better at the back of the house. Useful to hang laundry up there. But unsightly if you have to go through the laundry area to get to your front door.

mantrix
19-09-11, 17:58
This should be part of common area...developer smart, put an extra gate and earn at least 60k per unit (and subsale buyers paying 100K at least for that 'corridor')

land118
19-09-11, 18:07
This should be part of common area...developer smart, put an extra gate and earn at least 60k per unit (and subsale buyers paying 100K at least for that 'corridor')
Ya, same sentiments, 1 HDB looking gate...and can bank in $. Wonder why they dun out a solid door instead of gate..., somemore layout plan din indicate gate right?

howgozit
19-09-11, 18:25

Totally agree, very sneaky of the developer.

devilplate
19-09-11, 18:29
Is the corridor counted as part of gfa? I noe the planter area is not

kane
19-09-11, 18:41
They basically sold common corridor space.

devilplate
19-09-11, 18:44
They basically sold common corridor space.
I will guess its actually part of gfa....

On the flr plan, the corridor is stated as balcony and shd be counted as part of gfa:2cents:

kane
19-09-11, 18:50
Balcony can be added based on a certain percentage of GFA if I remember correctly.

DC33_2008
19-09-11, 18:56
Is the corridor counted as part of gfa? I noe the planter area is not
Circulation & corridor spaces are part of gfa.

devilplate
19-09-11, 18:58
Balcony can be added based on a certain percentage of GFA if I remember correctly.
during tat time, no free 10% balcony mah.....only now got

chiaberry
19-09-11, 18:59
but they already have a balcony for the laundry area at the back! :scared-4:

Yea but it's not very big. And will have washer/dryer there. Remember this is a unit for families there will be a lot of washing. Unless you are using the dryer every day the laundry to dry will be quite a lot to hang. 4 beds = 4 sets of bedding. Will have to rotate the bedding washing. For a 4 room unit the common areas (living/dining) and the kitchen are quite small. Especially the kitchen/dining.

devilplate
19-09-11, 19:00
Circulation & corridor spaces are part of gfa.
So actually cannot say developer cheating rite? Since its not free gfa to them.....however they earn on the planter area attached to the corridor/balcony lor....hehe

As i said, developer earned about 15% FREE gfa

chiaberry
19-09-11, 19:06
Buying the HDB corridor is a better deal. My HDB "corridor" space is walled up and turned into an extra area which can be used for a dining room (partitioned off from the living) or a tuition/homework space for my kids. At least it hasn't got the rain and wind lashing in nor my neighbours being able to peer in.

These are the "cheating" tactics of developers.

howgozit
19-09-11, 19:16
Yea but it's not very big. And will have washer/dryer there. Remember this is a unit for families there will be a lot of washing. Unless you are using the dryer every day the laundry to dry will be quite a lot to hang. 4 beds = 4 sets of bedding. Will have to rotate the bedding washing. For a 4 room unit the common areas (living/dining) and the kitchen are quite small. Especially the kitchen/dining.

Yeah.. but to hang your laundry right at your front door... uh... a bit not so class leh..

kane
19-09-11, 19:25
Neighbour walk past can see your undergarment being dried in front of the main door will be gross.

chiaberry
19-09-11, 19:27
Agree. That's why the design is ****. Anyway our forum members had already spotted that the corridor was a waste of space and now their concerns are justified.

kane
19-09-11, 19:35
Agree. That's why the design is ****. Anyway our forum members had already spotted that the corridor was a waste of space and now their concerns are justified.

When I was at the showroom I was under the impression on 2 things. The wooden door is before this "common corridor walkway", and 2, the curve toilet frontage I fitted with clear glass.

chiaberry
19-09-11, 20:11
I think Clover residents should group together and lodge a complaint/appeal to the developer. In no way can it be acceptable to put a metal grille at what on the floor plan looks like the proper entrance to the property. That should be the front door. Meaning a proper wooden door. So that the corridor is private and neighbours cannot peek in. After all you paid for that space so you should expect to have it enclosed and private from the neighbour.

Regarding the glass, I though only the floors overlooked by the HDB blocks have the frosted glass?

howgozit
19-09-11, 21:17
I think Clover residents should group together and lodge a complaint/appeal to the developer. In no way can it be acceptable to put a metal grille at what on the floor plan looks like the proper entrance to the property. That should be the front door. Meaning a proper wooden door. So that the corridor is private and neighbours cannot peek in. After all you paid for that space so you should expect to have it enclosed and private from the neighbour.

Caveat Emptor

ecimbew
19-09-11, 22:13
Sorry guys from Clover but I can't help but notice some guy from your forum pointing out something about the frosted toilet glass windows. If I recall, his nick is snowcapss. I quote him/her saying, "Was at Bishan Park last night. Saw someone bathing at blk 6. It is very visible. Can see every single movement..."

When I read that, I was like Wah-Phiang! :doh: He/she must have been using binoculars and ogling.

Ya, this guy posted on 11 Sep 2011 in the clover forum.

kane
19-09-11, 22:21
Sorry guys from Clover but I can't help but notice some guy from your forum pointing out something about the frosted toilet glass windows. If I recall, his nick is snowcapss. I quote him/her saying, "Was at Bishan Park last night. Saw someone bathing at blk 6. It is very visible. Can see every single movement..."

When I read that, I was like Wah-Phiang! :doh: He/she must have been using binoculars and ogling.

Ya, this guy posted on 11 Sep 2011 in the clover forum.

is it because the lighting from the bathroom causes a silhouette to be cast on the frosted glass??

fclim
19-09-11, 22:27
is it because the lighting from the bathroom causes a silhouette to be cast on the frosted glass??

Yes. It can be seen at night. Frosting no use at night with lights on. On the corridor, imagine you come home on a stormy afternoon with your groceries, how are you going to make it to your main door without getting wet?:tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: dun think can install windows at balcony. Also wooden decking of planter not allowed and easily spotted by mgt.

kane
19-09-11, 22:34
Yes. It can be seen at night. Frosting no use at night with lights on. On the corridor, imagine you come home on a stormy afternoon with your groceries, how are you going to make it to your main door without getting wet?:tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: dun think can install windows at balcony. Also wooden decking of planter not allowed and easily spotted by mgt.

if you can indeed get wet at your own corridor on a rainy day, that should be considered a design flaw.

fclim
19-09-11, 22:40
if you can indeed get wet at your own corridor on a rainy day, that should be considered a design flaw.

Balconies can get wet, so open corridors no exception if not enclosed. Some more super high floor, so very windy and nothing to block the rain.

kane
19-09-11, 22:47
Balconies can get wet, so open corridors no exception if not enclosed. Some more super high floor, so very windy and nothing to block the rain.

it's fair to say balcony's do get wet but most would think of either the backyard or the living room or bedroom balcony. if an owner needs to brave the rain going from the lift into his unit, that is almost unheard of in most places.

and besides this was a "common corridor" of sorts sold to the owners.

howgozit
19-09-11, 22:48

Well I guess when life gives you lemons you make lemonade, the area does have potential if landscaped tastefully.:)

fclim
19-09-11, 22:58
Well I guess when life gives you lemons you make lemonade, the area does have potential if landscaped tastefully.:)

Haha. Plant a lemon tree at the planter area. Can also plant chillies, lime etc for your kitchen use. But, seriously, if floor wet after a thunderstorm, will pose a safety hazard for elderly and children.

devilplate
19-09-11, 23:04
Bopian den install blinds first

Anyone got the fantastic view taken from the unit?:D

august
20-09-11, 00:12
dun like this developer...
i remember few yrs back there was some news about their tampines hdb with cracked walls.

chiaberry
20-09-11, 00:21
Well I read that the middle stacks have hardly any sunlight or wind on their yard for drying clothes as the light and wind cannot penetrate due to the design.

devilplate
20-09-11, 00:25
Well I read that the middle stacks have hardly any sunlight or wind on their yard for drying clothes as the light and wind cannot penetrate due to the design.
Alot of condos got such problem these days....kitchen and yard r facing air well:doh:

Seriously, hdb flats got much better design and layout these days

I saw the layout model at tpy hub, 2+1, 67sqm looks bigger den some of the 8xxsqft 2bdr condo:doh:

All their toilets and kitchen got windows....whereas condos....:doh:

howgozit
20-09-11, 01:04
Haha. Plant a lemon tree at the planter area. Can also plant chillies, lime etc for your kitchen use. But, seriously, if floor wet after a thunderstorm, will pose a safety hazard for elderly and children.

Developer knew HDB mentality will creep in and the corridor will be kena makan by the owners anyway, might as well cordon it off with a grill and sell it as a balcony.:scared-5:

land118
20-09-11, 01:46
Give it 6-9mths, most of these indoor corridors will be have bicycles, golf bag, shoes, slippers, shoe racks, skate boards, etc. Pretty common stuff that u see in some of the HDB corridor or other mass market condo on common corridors that are FOC, but not this one....:D

chiaberry
20-09-11, 06:42
Alot of condos got such problem these days....kitchen and yard r facing air well:doh:

Seriously, hdb flats got much better design and layout these days

I saw the layout model at tpy hub, 2+1, 67sqm looks bigger den some of the 8xxsqft 2bdr condo:doh:

All their toilets and kitchen got windows....whereas condos....:doh:

I agree. For me, the props I buy all must have windows in kitchen and bathrooms.

That's why for own stay I went for ressale condo. Although it has a pretty big air well but the kitchen and yard are facing outside in north-west direction. Wind and sun can dry the clothes quickly in the afternoon

I think the HDB will not have much wasted space ie balcony/planter/aircon ledge.

chiaberry
20-09-11, 06:46
Give it 6-9mths, most of these indoor corridors will be have bicycles, golf bag, shoes, slippers, shoe racks, skate boards, etc. Pretty common stuff that u see in some of the HDB corridor or other mass market condo on common corridors that are FOC, but not this one....:D

Oh well this Mass Market condo looks like catered to HDB upgraders. Since they are used to putting their barang in the common corridor, the developer made their entrance like the common corridor to make them feel at home in the new place straight away. Can migrate their common corridor things straight over.

taggy
20-09-11, 07:00
Oh well this Mass Market condo looks like catered to HDB upgraders. Since they are used to putting their barang in the common corridor, the developer made their entrance like the common corridor to make them feel at home in the new place straight away. Can migrate their common corridor things straight over.

so is developer 用心良苦, but here everyone condemn :D

mantrix
20-09-11, 08:49
Where is clover to defend her development? :D

She will say at 750psf u can't expect much :D

But of course if you buy at 1300psf you'll be having sky-high expectations...

chiaberry
20-09-11, 08:53
It was a good buy at 750psf. clover sold out and is now looking for somewhere more central.

cl0ver
20-09-11, 09:23
Where is clover to defend her development? :D

She will say at 750psf u can't expect much :D

But of course if you buy at 1300psf you'll be having sky-high expectations...

no need to talk about defending lah bro....
i got mine at 690psft and if given a chance again, i will still buy it at that time compared to Arte @ Thomson (Arte@Thomson), Kovan Residences and Livia....

again, location is key as my unit faces the park even not knowing that it will be revamped. and if i was already living there, then i probably would not sell to move. the decision was made simple that it did not TOP yet, and someone offered me my selling price. interior stuff can always be changed with some renovation.
i think the corner units are still to my liking. 180deg view bathroom, and long walk in corridoor. the ground floor is also very spacious for kids to run around. on hindsight, it was value for money at that time and at today's market

devilplate
20-09-11, 09:47
i wud have bot a unit there too if still got mid flr 10-20th flr facing park units left.....too bad i missed the boat

den during recession, i put in an offer for a unit(pool+partial park view), developer wun even barge a single cent

mei you yuan la....hehe:ashamed1:

Eldenfirefly
20-09-11, 10:11
Its a nice development and will be my home soon! I am going to start renovation soon! Yes it was a lot cheaper when I first bought it at launch. But prices have gone up everywhere, so what to do.

It was a great buy then for the prices we paid at launch, hence now, a lot of us are moving in to stay. In turn this means limited supply, and those which are on the market quote sky high prices, especially for good facing.

Think about it, there's over 600 units, if a lot of people were selling, I don't think the price would have held up or even increased the way it has. Most of us bought it to stay, so there's not a lot of alternative if you want to stay in Bishan area. Especially if you are talking about relatively big 4 bedroom units. Everything these days are MM or quite small sized. So, sell Clover, if still want to stay Bishan, then buy where? The new upcoming Capitaland project looks like it will be even more expensive, and probably mostly small units also.

mantrix
20-09-11, 10:17
no need to talk about defending lah bro....
i got mine at 690psft and if given a chance again, i will still buy it at that time compared to Arte @ Thomson, Kovan Residences and Livia....

again, location is key as my unit faces the park even not knowing that it will be revamped. and if i was already living there, then i probably would not sell to move. the decision was made simple that it did not TOP yet, and someone offered me my selling price. interior stuff can always be changed with some renovation.
i think the corner units are still to my liking. 180deg view bathroom, and long walk in corridoor. the ground floor is also very spacious for kids to run around. on hindsight, it was value for money at that time and at today's market

how much psf did you sell yours for? I do know that no one selling park-facing units apart from 13-13 asking for 2M (!! - somemore west sun)

In hindsight everyone is wise - I would have bought a super high floor (lvl 37) just for the height :)

Compared to The Arte, I would say Clover has appreciated much more so congratz

mantrix
20-09-11, 10:21
Its a nice development and will be my home soon! I am going to start renovation soon! Yes it was a lot cheaper when I first bought it at launch. But prices have gone up everywhere, so what to do.

It was a great buy then for the prices we paid at launch, hence now, a lot of us are moving in to stay. In turn this means limited supply, and those which are on the market quote sky high prices, especially for good facing.

Think about it, there's over 600 units, if a lot of people were selling, I don't think the price would have held up or even increased the way it has. Most of us bought it to stay, so there's not a lot of alternative if you want to stay in Bishan area. Especially if you are talking about relatively big 4 bedroom units. Everything these days are MM or quite small sized. So, sell Clover, if still want to stay Bishan, then buy where? The new upcoming Capitaland project looks like it will be even more expensive, and probably mostly small units also.

cheaper alternative if you want a park-facing unit :D

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/6155691/for-sale-bishan-park-condo

Eldenfirefly
20-09-11, 10:28
Erm yeah. Change a brand new just TOPed 1755 sq feet park facing condo unit for a 1550 sq feet, 17 year old condo unit ... my wife will kill me. :)

cl0ver
20-09-11, 16:27
how much psf did you sell yours for? I do know that no one selling park-facing units apart from 13-13 asking for 2M (!! - somemore west sun)

In hindsight everyone is wise - I would have bought a super high floor (lvl 37) just for the height :)

Compared to The Arte, I would say Clover has appreciated much more so congratz

its rare because most ppl buy for own stay...

testtest
11-02-12, 15:35
Many condo have hanging laundry in balcony problem...Suay that only clover gets mentioned...:doh:

rymccondo77
11-02-12, 15:45
Many condo have hanging laundry in balcony problem...Suay that only clover gets mentioned...:doh:

Clover selected may be because it is easier to take a photo of the balconies there.

Komo
11-02-12, 18:25
Clover selected may be because it is easier to take a photo of the balconies there.
also showcasing many ideas on what to do with a balcony:D

Eldenfirefly
28-02-12, 09:48
They have taken down the boarding surrounding the river now. So you can walk right up to the edge of the river now. I must say it makes a very big difference. Got one part where they even specifically lay a line of stones across so that you can walk across. And if it has just rained, then there is still water flowing over those stones so you need to take off your shoes/slippers to cross.

My son loved it so much he crossed that small stretch several times when I took him there. lol

The "river" now looks much nicer. Its still more like a stream than a river at some parts, but the blend of greenery and water is nice. There's a lot of fish inside surprisingly, and I think there is a resident crane or even a family of them. They are small, but its very noticable when you see one gliding along the length of the river looking for fish to eat.

But now like no more updates on Clover By the Park liao. TOP already so no more interest? I still see property agents every now and then though. :)

hyenergix
28-02-12, 19:53
They have taken down the boarding surrounding the river now. So you can walk right up to the edge of the river now. I must say it makes a very big difference. Got one part where they even specifically lay a line of stones across so that you can walk across. And if it has just rained, then there is still water flowing over those stones so you need to take off your shoes/slippers to cross.

My son loved it so much he crossed that small stretch several times when I took him there. lol

The "river" now looks much nicer. Its still more like a stream than a river at some parts, but the blend of greenery and water is nice. There's a lot of fish inside surprisingly, and I think there is a resident crane or even a family of them. They are small, but its very noticable when you see one gliding along the length of the river looking for fish to eat.

But now like no more updates on Clover By the Park liao. TOP already so no more interest? I still see property agents every now and then though. :)

It's dangerous when the "river" level surges during a heavy rainfall.

cl0ver
29-02-12, 22:02

am seeing more complaints than anything in the forum. what a pity.

testtest
01-03-12, 22:21
am seeing more complaints than anything in the forum. what a pity.

What complains?

kane
01-03-12, 23:04
What complains?

yeah, i'm curious to know what are the complains? got the link?

Eldenfirefly
02-03-12, 13:14
Mostly over small things, over other people's behavior, over the condo management lah. Some people have very low threshold of tolerence. Like I think got one person complain that he saw a couple spend the whole night sleeping on the deck chairs at the pool. (No free show, they didn't do anything, they just sleep there only).

Or stuff like on Christmas eve, drive back, carpark crowded, then complain got a lot of cars which don't have the condo stickers parked there. So, they couldn't quite find a place to park. (It was Christmas eve, and since then, the B2 car park also opened liao, so these days, its ok).

Or stuff like who are all the strangers being allowed in, management must be stricter (even though still got some people still doing reno), and sometimes got guests mah, so of course will have strangers. Think they wanted some kind of super strict security checking procedure...

Or stuff like like who were those people at the BBQ pit last night making so much noise, management should do something, etc etc.

My honest opinion, many of those are small things lah. For a condo that has over 600 units, my honest opinions are that the developer got the condo facilities just right. All the facilities are used often, but not so much people until you feel that it is super crowded.

It helps that the swimming pools are very big, so you definitley won't feel that they are cramped even during weekends. And they have so many BBQ pits, plus 2 function rooms. These are very well utilised. Weekend, it feels very lively. But because the condo grounds are so big, even when all 8 pits and both function rooms are filled, it still doesn't feel cramped.

I am biased of course, but I love the place. It has a lot of "ren qi" (liveliness). There is always people around doing things. Kids in the playground, people swimming, people in the gym, and at all hours too! I once bumped into an old lady going swimming at the lift (I think it was swimming). She was in a bathrobe going to ground floor, and it was twelve midnight!!! But yet, you don't get the sense that it is overcrowded.

And there are always lots of activities going on in the park just next door. People eating at the Macdonalds, with accompanying pop music (Its softer now after some residents complained though). Or in the mornings, where got old folks doing tachi and qi gong. During weekends where there are mass dances. Or just couples sitting at the river side, on the benches, on the wooden bed chairs, going all loovey dovey. Kids running around, people flying kites, etc etc. :)

When the New Year fireworks went off. The entire city facing balconies of all the units on both blocks were all filled with people watching the fireworks too. :)

ChinSengPoh
02-03-12, 14:37
Mostly over small things, over other people's behavior, over the condo management lah. Some people have very low threshold of tolerence. Like I think got one person complain that he saw a couple spend the whole night sleeping on the deck chairs at the pool. (No free show, they didn't do anything, they just sleep there only).

Or stuff like on Christmas eve, drive back, carpark crowded, then complain got a lot of cars which don't have the condo stickers parked there. So, they couldn't quite find a place to park. (It was Christmas eve, and since then, the B2 car park also opened liao, so these days, its ok).

Or stuff like who are all the strangers being allowed in, management must be stricter (even though still got some people still doing reno), and sometimes got guests mah, so of course will have strangers. Think they wanted some kind of super strict security checking procedure...

Or stuff like like who were those people at the BBQ pit last night making so much noise, management should do something, etc etc.

My honest opinion, many of those are small things lah. For a condo that has over 600 units, my honest opinions are that the developer got the condo facilities just right. All the facilities are used often, but not so much people until you feel that it is super crowded.

It helps that the swimming pools are very big, so you definitley won't feel that they are cramped even during weekends. And they have so many BBQ pits, plus 2 function rooms. These are very well utilised. Weekend, it feels very lively. But because the condo grounds are so big, even when all 8 pits and both function rooms are filled, it still doesn't feel cramped.

I am biased of course, but I love the place. It has a lot of "ren qi" (liveliness). There is always people around doing things. Kids in the playground, people swimming, people in the gym, and at all hours too! I once bumped into an old lady going swimming at the lift (I think it was swimming). She was in a bathrobe going to ground floor, and it was twelve midnight!!! But yet, you don't get the sense that it is overcrowded.

And there are always lots of activities going on in the park just next door. People eating at the Macdonalds, with accompanying pop music (Its softer now after some residents complained though). Or in the mornings, where got old folks doing tachi and qi gong. During weekends where there are mass dances. Or just couples sitting at the river side, on the benches, on the wooden bed chairs, going all loovey dovey. Kids running around, people flying kites, etc etc. :)

When the New Year fireworks went off. The entire city facing balconies of all the units on both blocks were all filled with people watching the fireworks too. :)
Hi Eldenfirefly,
Am thinking of buying a unit here for investment/rent out. Good to hear so many positive comments from you with regards to Clover. I was at the Clover showflat in Jun 2008. The showflat has nice big private foyer. However, we eventually bought the Amery (another Sim Lian project) as our parents didn't want to shift so far, having stayed in the east for so many years

Eldenfirefly
02-03-12, 17:51
Ok, I love staying there. But my opinion towards property market is that it is generally very expensive now already. So, regardless of which property you are looking at, even Clover, I am not sure if now is the best time to buy it.

Just my opinion of course. :) Of course, even if there is a correction, some properties might drop less than others. So ...

kane
02-03-12, 18:57
Aiyo, really trivial. I guess for guest parking they probavly could have managed it better. I can't stand those who complain over the slightest thing.if they want privacy and everything their way, they should go buy landed.

cl0ver
02-03-12, 19:30
there was a funny one where some were complaining that the lambo owner was driving on sports more all the time....

mantrix
02-03-12, 20:12
Swimming pool should be closed at 10pm usually....unusual for anyone to swim at 12am?

kane
02-03-12, 20:18
there was a funny one where some were complaining that the lambo owner was driving on sports more all the time....

how on earth did they manage to differentiate when the lambo isn't on sports mode?? :doh:

Eldenfirefly
03-03-12, 06:57
Swimming pool should be closed at 10pm usually....unusual for anyone to swim at 12am?

Its not really possible to "close" the swimming pool. There are no fences around the swimming pool. The only thing is there might be no light. But Clover is quite bright even at night. And maybe she chose to swim by the moonlight.

I assumed she was going swimming, of course, maybe she was going to the sauna. Dunno. lol. I have seen people swimming till quite late.

hyenergix
03-03-12, 07:15
Very nice view: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8811434/for-sale-clover-by-the-park

Sky Habitat is even higher right? I think the view will be even better!

Eldenfirefly
16-03-12, 15:50
They put up tentage at the park. Heard that PM Lee going to officiate at the formal re-opening of the park. Can see everything from my balcony. :) The Macdonalds there used to have this big balloon with the Big M sign on it, very prominant at night. It was recently deflated and taken down. Dunno whether they felt it was too commercial for the opening ceremony, so they asked them to take it down. hee. My kids noticed immediately.

azeoprop
26-04-12, 16:44
Sunny day at Bishan Park. :D

minority
03-05-12, 13:29
Its not really possible to "close" the swimming pool. There are no fences around the swimming pool. The only thing is there might be no light. But Clover is quite bright even at night. And maybe she chose to swim by the moonlight.

I assumed she was going swimming, of course, maybe she was going to the sauna. Dunno. lol. I have seen people swimming till quite late.

maybe some people go wash clothes in the pool after office hrs?

Ringo33
04-05-12, 01:11
how on earth did they manage to differentiate when the lambo isn't on sports mode?? :doh:

the noise from the exhaust my friend.

kane
04-05-12, 07:43
the noise from the exhaust my friend.

I always it's just as loud. Maybe the ones driving in CBD has their sports mode permanently turned on.

ysyap
04-05-12, 07:47
Visited my cousin in Clovers... was told that she could see an opposite unit bathroom and clearly see the activities taking place inside... can tell its guy or gal taking a shower. She then realized her bathroom also similarly translucent/transparent to neighboring units so whenever she baths at night, she don't dare to turn on the lights... :scared-3:

kane
04-05-12, 09:22
In a dense place like singapore. You have to put blinds in the shower.

ysyap
04-05-12, 10:18
Yup like what my colleague said, Singapore is getting too dense for comfort. Migration is certainly an option if population hits 6.5mil... how many more people can this land hold? :scared-3:

fclim
04-05-12, 10:38
Yup like what my colleague said, Singapore is getting too dense for comfort. Migration is certainly an option if population hits 6.5mil... how many more people can this land hold? :scared-3:

Is it so easy to migrate? I find it very hard to leave my childhood memories, friends and family (sisters, brothers etc) here and settle in a foreign land with my immediate family. The thought that my grandchildren and future generation will forever be in a foreign land is quite hard to accept leh.

ysyap
04-05-12, 10:50
Is it so easy to migrate? I find it very hard to leave my childhood memories, friends and family (sisters, brothers etc) here and settle in a foreign land with my immediate family. The thought that my grandchildren and future generation will forever be in a foreign land is quite hard to accept leh.Uprooting is definitely not an easy thing indeed. Your grandparents/parents were also migrants themselves. :cheers6:

chiaberry
04-05-12, 11:05
Is it so easy to migrate? I find it very hard to leave my childhood memories, friends and family (sisters, brothers etc) here and settle in a foreign land with my immediate family. The thought that my grandchildren and future generation will forever be in a foreign land is quite hard to accept leh.

The grass would seem to be greener elsewhere. But it is not as green overseas as you think. I had friends and professional colleagues who "migrated" overseas (NZ/Australia) but are now back in Singapore. Most of those who went to Uni with me overseas are also back in Singapore.

Don't underestimate the bond with family/friends. Relocating overseas is a major life event. Involves home, family and job. This kind of stress can have hidden effects on your mental and physical health and also those of your other family members who go with you (including your spouse and kids). And of course you can't bring along the MAID and if you have relied on one you will have some major readjustment to do.

Wild Falcon
04-05-12, 11:10
Nowadays condo design is like parallel blocks only separated by a 1m lap pool. Of course I see u u see me lah. Everyone wants to see swimming pool mah (albeit 1m lap pool). End up looking at each other windows and toilet. Last time condo design is like facing different directions and surrounding huge pool which means units are fay apart.

Visited my cousin in Clovers... was told that she could see an opposite unit bathroom and clearly see the activities taking place inside... can tell its guy or gal taking a shower. She then realized her bathroom also similarly translucent/transparent to neighboring units so whenever she baths at night, she don't dare to turn on the lights... :scared-3:

ysyap
04-05-12, 11:28
Nowadays condo design is like parallel blocks only separated by a 1m lap pool. Of course I see u u see me lah. Everyone wants to see swimming pool mah (albeit 1m lap pool). End up looking at each other windows and toilet. Last time condo design is like facing different directions and surrounding huge pool which means units are fay apart.As Singapore braces up for 6.5 mil population, such buildings will be more common! Sigh! Hold on to your neatly spaced FH condos... :spliff:

singaporewoman
26-05-12, 09:14
anyone can access cloverbythepark.freeforums.org? I can not login any more...

CondoInterested
01-11-12, 21:03
Why got 4 stars?

azeoprop
28-11-12, 19:47
CLOVER BY THE PARK BISHAN STREET 25 Condominium 1 1,800,000 1,281 Strata 1,405 Oct-12

:scared-3: :scared-1: :scared-4:

bakasa2002
28-11-12, 21:48
CLOVER BY THE PARK BISHAN STREET 25 Condominium 1 1,800,000 1,281 Strata 1,405 Oct-12

:scared-3: :scared-1: :scared-4:

Just took a late night stroll past CBTp last weekend and stop by for McD, I guess apart from MRT, the owners of the place practically is damn well-served w a market, ntuc, kopitiams, clinics at the front and McD and lush greenery at Bishan Park at the back ... ;)

Only complaint are that it is right smack in between HDB blocks ... Still rem the place being a soccer field before cbtp is built ...

kane
28-11-12, 21:54
It's starting to make sky habitat from unreasonable to slightly reasonable...

Ringo33
28-11-12, 21:56
It's starting to make sky habitat from unreasonable to slightly reasonable...

hows the rental yield at this record price?

kane
28-11-12, 22:00
hows the rental yield at this record price?

Crap probably.

chestnut
10-12-12, 13:53
Crap probably.

Bro, rental crept up.

So your spelling sala...

bakasa2002
10-12-12, 20:33
Bro, rental crept up.

So your spelling sala...

chestnut, your unit is part facing? I was at the mac for supper a wk ago and admiring the units wondering which is yours. ;)

chestnut
10-12-12, 20:45
chestnut, your unit is part facing? I was at the mac for supper a wk ago and admiring the units wondering which is yours. ;)

Mine city facing... When I was buying, the park view only have high floor. So cannot really see the park but have unblocked view... So I decided on city view.. It is just below 30 floor.

Actually clover is very beautiful... I find this better than Botannia...

Btw, rental based on propertyguru shot up... I trust guru because my units rental about that rate.... Quite accurate...
:cheers4:

chestnut
10-12-12, 21:04
Mine city facing... When I was buying, the park view only have high floor. So cannot really see the park but have unblocked view... So I decided on city view.. It is just below 30 floor.

Btw, rental based on propertyguru shot up... I trust guru because my units rental about that rate.... Quite accurate...

Must rephrase... Common area cannot fight with Botannia. But playground extended to park - so priceless.. And view is great...

bakasa2002
10-12-12, 21:09

I see. Sitting that high, I suppose the view must be really good. CBTP easily beat sin ming area condos who don't mind staying close to heartlands with access to the beautiful park and nearby amenities. McD 24hrs is a plus? ;)

chestnut
10-12-12, 21:14
I see. Sitting that high, I suppose the view must be really good. CBTP easily beat sin ming area condos who don't mind staying close to heartlands with access to the beautiful park and nearby amenities. McD 24hrs is a plus? ;)

Actually, this is my retirement home. Near kopi shop, clinic, park, all the amenities within walking distance. I used to stay at st 23. So very familiar with this place...

The prices are crazy now... Still got room to go up... But don't intend to sell because retirement home here or waterview. Most probably here....

kane
10-12-12, 22:19

At his age, he should be eating less McD.

rental gone up ah? alright lah. good also.

CondoInterested
20-01-13, 20:38
Actually, this is my retirement home. Near kopi shop, clinic, park, all the amenities within walking distance. I used to stay at st 23. So very familiar with this place...

The prices are crazy now... Still got room to go up... But don't intend to sell because retirement home here or waterview. Most probably here....You not staying there, right? So you renting your unit out, right? What is the rental price now?

Seems like a lot of complaints (maybe it is common in condo) on their community website.

You got the big 4 room or the bigger 3 room or the smaller 3 room type?

What is the selling price now? Remember in 2008 / 2009 everyone still think it is expensive and speculate it will go down, but unfortunately, everyone know the outcome in 2013.

The best units are those facing park, most sold out during preview. The rest of the facing (especially those lower than HDB ones) got free view to and from the HDB.

kane
20-01-13, 21:39
You not staying there, right? So you renting your unit out, right? What is the rental price now?

Seems like a lot of complaints (maybe it is common in condo) on their community website.

You got the big 4 room or the bigger 3 room or the smaller 3 room type?

What is the selling price now? Remember in 2008 / 2009 everyone still think it is expensive and speculate it will go down, but unfortunately, everyone know the outcome in 2013.

The best units are those facing park, most sold out during preview. The rest of the facing (especially those lower than HDB ones) got free view to and from the HDB.

What are the complaints about?

CondoInterested
20-01-13, 22:09
Think it was mentioned in previous post, little things, like

Security guard, people getting in, mobile phone coverage, swimming pool, etc.

kane
20-01-13, 23:05
Swimming pool not big enough? I guess mobile phone coverage is beyond the developer.

mantrix
22-01-13, 07:22
Swimming pool not big enough? I guess mobile phone coverage is beyond the developer.

maybe noise from Mcdonald's at night?

When you are surrounded densely by HDBs it's very easy for people to come in and go and use the free facilities

knuckles
29-09-13, 00:27
Hi residents,

Sorry to hijack this thread. Just wanted to offer a bulk purchase promotion of our IP cameras to the residents here after we have successfully done one round for residents of another newly TOP project.

We are the sole distributor of Foscam brand of IP cameras which is very popular in USA with close to 2000 Five stars review: http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI8910W-Network-Camera-Two-Way/product-reviews/B006ZP8UOW/ref=pr_all_summary_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

It's very useful for working parents who wish to monitor their kids alone with maids at home via their 3G phone. The bulk purchase price is only $95 (u.p $129 via our website www.foscam.sg (http://www.foscam.sg)). MOQ is 20 sets and product comes with 2 years warranty. Our office is located at Midview City (next to Ai Tong School).

If your condo community does have a facebook page, hope that those interested in the offer can help to post there to consolidate the orders. For further enquiries, feel free to email us at [email protected]. Thank you.

iridrium
30-09-13, 10:57
Recently noticed a lot of china nationals when I go Bishan park to exercise. They seems to be always heading back to Clover By the Park. It is hard to find Singapore these days

Any resident there can let me know if the China chinese are indeed residents there?