PDA

View Full Version : Clover By The Park, Bishan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

chiaberry
17-05-11, 21:50
Gardens at Bishan is very near 2 secondary schools and a huge temple/columbarium. If you don't mind the feng shui aspects, there is also the soon-to-be launched 99LH project which will block some of the views. However, it might be near a future MRT station (location not confirmed).

Clover is newer/has better feng shui (please correct me if wrong).

devilplate
17-05-11, 21:57
Gardens at Bishan is very near 2 secondary schools and a huge temple/columbarium. If you don't mind the feng shui aspects, there is also the soon-to-be launched 99LH project which will block some of the views. However, it might be near a future MRT station (location not confirmed).

Clover is newer/has better feng shui (please correct me if wrong).
The new plot gona block the view completely

The gd thing is the new plot may launch at 1300+:D

kingkong1984
17-05-11, 21:59
Plus nearer to rumored mrt.

mantrix
17-05-11, 22:03
Capland is smart rite? :D

i think they will sell more units now

and much quicker also :scared-1:

chiaberry
17-05-11, 22:03
Plus nearer to rumored mrt.

Not sure abt this. MRT location not known yet. Blocking of the reservoir views is a concern.

amk
17-05-11, 22:08
drove past D'leedon saw one hdb in the middle of D'leedon construction...like that also can:doh:

That's the block kept for viewing on the 22 floor. So u know exactly what kind of view u'r getting in dleedon.

amk
17-05-11, 22:10
Not sure abt this. MRT location not known yet. Blocking of the reservoir views is a concern.

It's very sure the reservoir view will be completely blocked.
MRT location got lots of rumors. There is definitely a Sin Ming station.
I wonder when LTA announces Thompson Line. Maybe when Circle Line fully opens ?

mantrix
17-05-11, 22:12

Raymond Lim should announce soon now that his job is safe...

ysyap
17-05-11, 22:14
All will depend if govt will respond to continued rise in sales volume. Don't the govt get the idea from past CMs that each time it's introduced, give it 2 months and buyers become accustomed to it and return to shopping again. They should see that their targetted group is wrong le... Hmmm... :D

chiaberry
17-05-11, 22:15

Whoa sad for Gardens owners. How many floors is Gardens?

For high floor owners of Clover, I wonder if the building will rock in high winds. I read that Bishan Loft high floor owners can feel the building moving sometimes. Scary........

devilplate
17-05-11, 22:21
Bishan point got nice views too....saw one unit b4....

Anyone bot tresalveo? The layout quite good...

amk
17-05-11, 22:25
For high floor owners of Clover, I wonder if the building will rock in high winds. I read that Bishan Loft high floor owners can feel the building moving sometimes. Scary........

"fearmongering" !! :D

chiaberry
17-05-11, 22:26
Raymond Lim should announce soon now that his job is safe...

I thought you know the possible locations so are u vested there?

Ya Raymond Lim got less flak than other colleagues. He should heave a sigh of relief. Now he better announce the new lines/stations faster to appease the people regarding the overcrowding of MRT. Maybe the plot near Gardens is waiting for the announcement so that they can justify their prices which I believe will not be cheap. They need something to distract away from the schools and double temple (or perhaps Gardens blocks them from the other bigger temple). The reservoir views of the new plot will be safe as there will not be development blocking them (golf club and nature reserve land opposite).

devilplate
17-05-11, 22:29
I thought you know the possible locations so are u vested there?

Ya Raymond Lim got less flak than other colleagues. He should heave a sigh of relief. Now he better announce the new lines/stations faster to appease the people regarding the overcrowding of MRT. Maybe the plot near Gardens is waiting for the announcement so that they can justify their prices which I believe will not be cheap. They need something to distract away from the schools and double temple (or perhaps Gardens blocks them from the other bigger temple). The reservoir views of the new plot will be safe as there will not be development blocking them (golf club and nature reserve land opposite).
U tink too much....:p

U got a unit at gardens meh:rolleyes:

chiaberry
17-05-11, 22:29
"fearmongering" !! :D

I read it on this forum somewhere. I was like :scared-1:

devilplate
17-05-11, 22:31
Some say top flr at the sail might hit b thunder too:p

kingkong1984
17-05-11, 22:33
I was there before, u can really feel it. Perhaps it's me.

devilplate
17-05-11, 22:34
I was there before, u can really feel it. Perhaps it's me.
U probably got height phobia...ur legs wobbly:p

kingkong1984
17-05-11, 22:35
U probably got height phobia...ur legs wobbly:p
The view is fantastic, can view really far including stadium fireworks.

amk
17-05-11, 22:37

20. The new LKS one also 20

chiaberry
17-05-11, 22:43
U tink too much....:p

U got a unit at gardens meh:rolleyes:

Nope. I live in that area but not gardens.

ysyap
17-05-11, 22:52

For high floor owners of Clover, I wonder if the building will rock in high winds. I read that Bishan Loft high floor owners can feel the building moving sometimes. Scary........If wind already shaking, then the indo earth quake how??? :D Singapore buildings are not earthquake proof... can take only up to certain number on ritcher scale. :spliff:

devilplate
17-05-11, 23:00
If wind already shaking, then the indo earth quake how??? :D Singapore buildings are not earthquake proof... can take only up to certain number on ritcher scale. :spliff:
So nxt time low flr more ex den high flr?:rolleyes:

kane
17-05-11, 23:08
where is the supposed Sin Ming MRT station? opposite Ai Tong? or opposite flame tree park?

ysyap
17-05-11, 23:10
Raymond Lim should announce soon now that his job is safe...Raymond lim already announced 5 more MRT trains to ease the jam in Jurong station... heard that pple entering Jurong station have to be stopped at the ground floor coz if they continue to go up the escalator, those upstairs will fall onto the track.... Our lovely govt must wait till the human traffic flow reaches super saturation then they announce something to help??? :scared-4:

kane
17-05-11, 23:10
So nxt time low flr more ex den high flr?:rolleyes:
if the top comes down, the bottom floors won't be spared. one price for all floors maybe.

ysyap
17-05-11, 23:11
So nxt time low flr more ex den high flr?:rolleyes:I'll grab the penthouse and enjoy the beautiful scenary... :D

ysyap
17-05-11, 23:12
if the top comes down, the bottom floors won't be spared. one price for all floors maybe.Then again more often than not, it is the bottom floor residents who'll have a higher chance of survival than those up in 30th floor... no chance of surviving whatsoever... :scared-4:

kane
17-05-11, 23:14
Raymond lim already announced 5 more MRT trains to ease the jam in Jurong station... heard that pple entering Jurong station have to be stopped at the ground floor coz if they continue to go up the escalator, those upstairs will fall onto the track.... Our lovely govt must wait till the human traffic flow reaches super saturation then they announce something to help??? :scared-4:

given the circumstance, until things improve, why don't the people take the private buses? I hear my friends get a seat and can sleep through the whole journey.

chiaberry
17-05-11, 23:20
where is the supposed Sin Ming MRT station? opposite Ai Tong? or opposite flame tree park?

Another possible site is on Sin Ming Walk in front of Bishan Park Secondary Sch where the road leading to Gardens and the new CK development is. Will have to wait for the announcement.

chiaberry
17-05-11, 23:24
If wind already shaking, then the indo earth quake how??? :D Singapore buildings are not earthquake proof... can take only up to certain number on ritcher scale. :spliff:

We are not on the tectonic plate boundaries (for the earthquake prone zones so the epicentre is not likely to be near us). But who knows? With the increase in seismic activity lately, the plate boundaries may shift nearer to us. It's not that far away (in Indonesia).

land118
17-05-11, 23:25
Another possible site is on Sin Ming Walk in front of Bishan Park Secondary Sch where the road leading to Gardens and the new CK development is. Will have to wait for the announcement.
Think all the property on these possible sites have somewhat factor in MRT effect (at least partial ). So actual announcement may not have such big increase and impact on prices...

kane
17-05-11, 23:40
We are not on the tectonic plate boundaries (for the earthquake prone zones so the epicentre is not likely to be near us). But who knows? With the increase in seismic activity lately, the plate boundaries may shift nearer to us. It's not that far away (in Indonesia).

we may not be in this world by then.

Eldenfirefly
18-05-11, 11:21
Bishan MRT is already one of the best connected stations. It connects to circle line, as well as North South Line. That's why I suspect when that new property which capital land won the bid for is launched, its going to be easily at laest 1500/1600 psf.

Anyway, I am observing an expansion of the traditional district 9, 10, 11. Now its no longer just these 3 districts which are hot and where property is expensive. The boundaries are being pushed outwards. Now city fringe is also becoming increasingly valued.

It makes sense because with the MRT network, areas are more well connected, plus as the CBD area itself expands, then existing city fringe areas will becoming closer and closer to the actual CBD area itself.

Actually, on the suject of MRT, if you stay too close to the city and you take MRT, sometimes can be jam until you can't even get on. So, that's one of the cons if you are staying near an MRT which is too near the city centre. :)

Like in the east, if you stay at Bugis, or Lavender. Good luck to you trying to get on the train during rush hour.

chiaberry
18-05-11, 11:25
Bishan MRT is already one of the best connected stations. It connects to circle line, as well as North South Line. That's why I suspect when that new property which capital land won the bid for is launched, its going to be easily at laest 1500/1600 psf.

Anyway, I am observing an expansion of the traditional district 9, 10, 11. Now its no longer just these 3 districts which are hot and where property is expensive. The boundaries are being pushed outwards. Now city fringe is also becoming increasingly valued.

It makes sense because with the MRT network, areas are more well connected, plus as the CBD area itself expands, then existing city fringe areas will becoming closer and closer to the actual CBD area itself.

Actually, on the suject of MRT, if you stay too close to the city and you take MRT, sometimes can be jam until you can't even get on. So, that's one of the cons if you are staying near an MRT which is too near the city centre. :)

Like in the east, if you stay at Bugis, or Lavender. Good luck to you trying to get on the train during rush hour.

That's why I stay within a few bus stops ride to 2 existing MRT stations (Bishan and Marymount) and 1 planned MRT station (Sin Ming). I personaly think the Bishan area has good connectivity and is very central. Can get to almost anywhere in Singapore easily.

devilplate
18-05-11, 11:31
That's why I stay within a few bus stops ride to 2 existing MRT stations (Bishan and Marymount) and 1 planned MRT station (Sin Ming). I personaly think the Bishan area has good connectivity and is very central. Can get to almost anywhere in Singapore easily.

isit jammed to goto city from bishan by car?

i noe amk vy jialat....probably goto endure until NSE is up

chiaberry
18-05-11, 11:35
isit jammed to goto city from bishan by car?

i noe amk vy jialat....probably goto endure until NSE is up

It depends on timing. You can go to City through Upp Thomson/Thomson Rd rather than CTE. Not jam if you get yr timing right. Even the Upp Thom/Adam Rd stretch is much improved since Farrer Road was realigned following the completion of the Circle Line works. Most days there is no jam on that stretch. It will be even more improved when NSE is up.

ysyap
18-05-11, 11:38
It depends on timing. You can go to City through Upp Thomson/Thomson Rd rather than CTE. Not jam if you get yr timing right. Even the Upp Thom/Adam Rd stretch is much improved since Farrer Road was realigned following the completion of the Circle Line works. Most days there is no jam on that stretch. It will be even more improved when NSE is up.Yup... whatever happens, don't enter CTE... jammed from morning to night monday to sunday... honest.. even on Sat morning, the jam is simply ridiculous... Road widening works commenced like more than 2 years back but still don't see it completing soon... :scared-3: Then there's that 2 legendary ERP gantries in south direction that collect $ like drinking water...

chiaberry
18-05-11, 11:39
Yup... whatever happens, don't enter CTE... jammed from morning to night monday to sunday... honest.. even on Sat morning, the jam is simply ridiculous... Road widening works commenced like more than 2 years already but still don't see it completing soon... :scared-3: Then there's that 2 legendary ERP gantries in south direction that collect $ like drinking water...

Collecting $ to build NSE and for ministers pay/bonus.

Lovelle
18-05-11, 11:41
i think the jam also affect the woodleigh residence as well as CTE exit upp serangoon road always resulted in long queue to get to PP and woodleigh area.

ysyap
18-05-11, 11:43
My guess is that even with 5 lanes after the road widening, CTE will still be severely congested... no relief in the near future until NSE is completed and that will be another 10 years??? :scared-4:

ysyap
18-05-11, 11:45
i think the jam also affect the woodleigh residence as well as CTE exit upp serangoon road always resulted in long queue to get to PP and woodleigh area.If going to city, PP and woodleigh residents enter CTE at half way mark so can siam half the jam starting from AMK ave 1... :D

devilplate
18-05-11, 11:45
i think the jam also affect the woodleigh residence as well as CTE exit upp serangoon road always resulted in long queue to get to PP and woodleigh area.

1leicester area got problem getting out....the yellow box abit useless too....

apolloking88
18-05-11, 15:45
Clover is the Best .

Got A Big Big New Bishan Park . Mac, Spa , Where to Find.

24hrs Supermarket / Wet Market / Junction 8 across the road Only.

:)

Gd for stay & investment. Top very very soon, i got news is at Mid June.

apolloking88
18-05-11, 15:49
:) i have go inside the clover see liao.

The Rooms & Dinner Room , Balcony , All super Big .

Time to look for renovation :::::: Cloverians.

Its time we start to count down.

:hell-hath-no-fury:

devilplate
18-05-11, 15:50
Clover is the Best .

Gd for stay & investment. Top very very soon, i got news is at Mid June.
Buy b4 px increase upon TOP!:hell-hath-no-fury:

ysyap
18-05-11, 15:54
Buy b4 px increase upon TOP!:hell-hath-no-fury:Called up to check... left not so nice units leh...

apolloking88
18-05-11, 15:55
i bought liao .

Bro.

Time to look for designer & Renovation contactor.

:D

ysyap
18-05-11, 15:57
Clover is the Best .

Gd for stay & investment. Top very very soon, i got news is at Mid June.Minton got all in one, three world in one place plus all the shops, and NEX mall nearby. Only no park, but given a choice, I'll still go for Clovers... Am I biased??? :D

apolloking88
18-05-11, 16:00
Clover is A icon Of Bishan . i drive pass cte can see the clover.

Am proud to own a unit there.

devilplate
18-05-11, 16:08

Go buy reflection....collect all the icons:D :hell-hath-no-fury:

Lovelle
18-05-11, 16:13

chuan park is the most obvious when i am on CTE

ysyap
18-05-11, 16:18
chuan park is the most obvious when i am on CTEOf course la... just beside CTE ma. Just like Arte is obvious when travelling on PIE...:D

Eldenfirefly
18-05-11, 16:39
Too near expressway can be very noisy lah :) But why will price increase on TOP? Actually I don't understand the rationale...

devilplate
18-05-11, 17:58
Too near expressway can be very noisy lah :) But why will price increase on TOP? Actually I don't understand the rationale...
Tats wat agt tell me one:p

fclim
18-05-11, 21:50

Probably immediate occupation and immediate rental returns.:rolleyes:

ysyap
18-05-11, 22:33
Too near expressway can be very noisy lah :) But why will price increase on TOP? Actually I don't understand the rationale...I know of many projects which didn't have price increase upon TOP. Developers just want to quickly sell these remaining units so can close account lah... :p

Eldenfirefly
19-05-11, 10:29
To be honest (even though I have a unit at Clover). I think got some few units at Clover that will be very very hard to sell lah. That's why until now, developer still got a handfull of units.

Those facing the road+ very low floor, who want to buy? You facing HDB+market, and you are so low that the headlights from cars maybe also can shine into your room from the road already.

If you look at the Condo. The rest are all great. Facing park is great, high floor don't care face where also great. But got a handful of these unfortunate facing units, even if you sell at lower psf also I think people will not want. Too near to the main road + facing the main road is not a very good combination.

ysyap
19-05-11, 10:32
To be honest (even though I have a unit at Clover). I think got some few units at Clover that will be very very hard to sell lah. That's why until now, developer still got a handfull of units.

Those facing the road+ very low floor, who want to buy? You facing HDB+market, and you are so low that the headlights from cars maybe also can shine into your room from the road already.

If you look at the Condo. The rest are all great. Facing park is great, high floor don't care face where also great. But got a handful of these unfortunate facing units, even if you sell at lower psf also I think people will not want. Too near to the main road + facing the main road is not a very good combination.Yup... very true... didn't know its so close but once the barriers were removed some time back, I was like :scared-1:.

Eldenfirefly
19-05-11, 10:44
Anyway, I not so worried about Bishan area. There's limited place for development here, so people who want to stay in Bishan will always find themselves going through the same few condos. So, got a certain floor to the prices. :)

Unless government decides to demolish all the HDB in Bishan to make way for private development (which I doubt they will do). hee.

cloverpark
19-05-11, 11:11
Yup... very true... didn't know its so close but once the barriers were removed some time back, I was like :scared-1:.
Quite true... that's why this site http://www.cloverbythepark.wordpress.com (http://www.cloverbythepark.wordpress.com/) mentioned low floors stack 1 are the most unpopular.
And also those low floors in stack 10/11 facing children pool will be super noisy, advise buyers better thinks twice. Not worth paying such a high psf after that have to suffer the noise.
Personally I quite like blk 2 stack 4 and 5 as they can have some park view and condo view, esp 5 can view lap pool.

Eldenfirefly
19-05-11, 13:10
Yeah, our unit is stack 5. We poured over the brochure during the first launch of blk 6. Once we made up our minds, we choing down on the first day of the second launch of blk 2 and booked a 4 bedder unit at stack 5 in the morning. :)

ysyap
19-05-11, 17:25
Yeah, our unit is stack 5. We poured over the brochure during the first launch of blk 6. Once we made up our minds, we choing down on the first day of the second launch of blk 2 and booked a 4 bedder unit at stack 5 in the morning. :)Congrats to you... :D

fclim
20-05-11, 10:07
Ya. Stack 5 quite good. Those non-park facing stacks kenna west sun. Can be quite jialat. Most of the BRs and living room all kenna sun.

apolloking88
24-05-11, 10:56
:scared-2: heard there is a delay in Top .

:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

ysyap
24-05-11, 10:58
:scared-2: heard there is a delay in Top .

:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:Any reason given for the delay? Saw that everything was ready from the outside... aircons and stuff have been properly installed and internal painting done, etc... at least for the units nearer the road...

apolloking88
24-05-11, 12:11
:beats-me-man: Heard URA No approve . cos of the landscape not fully completed. :cool:

ysyap
24-05-11, 15:02
:beats-me-man: Heard URA No approve . cos of the landscape not fully completed. :cool:Then that's a poor reflection of Sim Lian Pte Ltd. :doh:

Eldenfirefly
24-05-11, 15:52
I am ok actually. I rather they get everyting right before we TOP. Anyway if its for something like landscaping, that's ok lah. That can be remedied relatively easily right? Just finish up the land scaping lor, no big deal. :)

apolloking88
24-05-11, 16:16
Just read the newspaper Poperty market very hot now.

A lot of condo/freehold/99yrs all up price.

ysyap
24-05-11, 16:17
I am ok actually. I rather they get everyting right before we TOP. Anyway if its for something like landscaping, that's ok lah. That can be remedied relatively easily right? Just finish up the land scaping lor, no big deal. :)Agreed. I understand there are still several unsold units. Any news on the sales? What's the current psf?

apolloking88
25-05-11, 18:30
Good News for Cloverians.

- TOP Date is near! (http://www.cloverbythepark.sg/en/news-and-articles/top-date-is-close/)

Fellow owners! TOP date is expected to be June/ July 2011. As Resident Agent, I am on site daily to assist you with advices on keys collection and defect checks. Register now for TOP updates and procedures

;) Finally .

cl0ver
26-05-11, 21:19
Probably immediate occupation and immediate rental returns.:rolleyes:

normally, TOP, u can touch, smell and feel....
so, decision is made immediate, not on speculation....

cl0ver
26-05-11, 21:31

- TOP Date is near! (http://www.cloverbythepark.sg/en/news-and-articles/top-date-is-close/)

Fellow owners! TOP date is expected to be June/ July 2011. As Resident Agent, I am on site daily to assist you with advices on keys collection and defect checks. Register now for TOP updates and procedures

;) Finally .

dont think you want to believe an agent....

hopeful
26-05-11, 21:46

;) Finally .

where to register? tentative rental psf?
just checking your skills as resident agent....

Lovelle
15-06-11, 11:45
1,580,000 1,249 Strata 1,265psf
this is one is starting to show all other fringe area starts to look cheap eg. woodleigh, Dakota Res, Trevista, etc...

15-06-11, 14:49
1,580,000 1,249 Strata 1,265psf
this is one is starting to show all other fringe area starts to look cheap eg. woodleigh, Dakota Res, Trevista, etc...

Strangely enuff in may, got another unit 1,292 sq ft only transacted @ only 828 psf, high floor some more 21-25 level

any idea whats happening:beats-me-man:

fclim
15-06-11, 15:21
Strangely enuff in may, got another unit 1,292 sq ft only transacted @ only 828 psf, high floor some more 21-25 level

any idea whats happening:beats-me-man:

Probably Stack 7, non park or pool facing and West sun.

15-06-11, 15:46
Probably Stack 7, non park or pool facing and West sun.

still sounds like a good deal to me at today's prices.

fclim
15-06-11, 16:21
still sounds like a good deal to me at today's prices.

Agree. The lower floor one, below 5th floor was sold at $1,050psf, also in May.

cl0ver
15-06-11, 23:48
i think that unit just lodged its original caveat.
it was actually sold in Mar for $1028psft

6 Bishan Street 25 #22-10 99 Yrs From 10/09/2007 $828 1292 $1070k 26 May11
6 Bishan Street 25 #22-10 99 Yrs From 10/09/2007 $1028 1292 $1328k 1 Mar11

sleek
16-06-11, 11:00
Sold at a loss? :beats-me-man:

i think that unit just lodged its original caveat.
it was actually sold in Mar for $1028psft

6 Bishan Street 25 #22-10 99 Yrs From 10/09/2007 $828 1292 $1070k 26 May11
6 Bishan Street 25 #22-10 99 Yrs From 10/09/2007 $1028 1292 $1328k 1 Mar11

cl0ver
16-06-11, 11:26
i think error in lodging it....
or could be FIRE SALE!

hycondo
24-06-11, 12:47
With Thomson Grand launching at $1400, how would this affect Clover psf?

cl0ver
24-06-11, 15:26
With Thomson Grand launching at $1400, how would this affect Clover psf?

clover transacted $1200psf already... so, it will probably top somewhere $1300psf as TOP nears.....

Eldenfirefly
28-06-11, 12:36
Its almost ready to TOP! Very excited. I keep on trying to imagine what the view will be like. Our unit is partial park facing (only blocked by Blk 6 because we are Blk 2). We even went up to the top of the HDB flat nearby to get an idea of how it will look. But nothing will beat the real thing.

Everything looks more or less ready! I need to tell my interior designer to hurry up. He is taking a long time with our house design.

Now is not the best time to sell unless you are cashing out. Seems like property prices are holding firm, or even inching up. Its just not coming down. So if you sell, you better be sure you already have another place bought are ready to live in.

I have some friends and colleagues. They sell first thinking it would be easy to buy a new place. End up, they only found out later that everything all around has risen in prices so its not easy to find another place. And the longer you wait to buy, the higher the prices go, so its even worse for you.

My advice is sell only if you are cashing out, and make sure you already have an existing or new place to stay before you sell. Otherwise, you might be in for a nasty surprise.

devilplate
28-06-11, 12:40
good advice:D :cheers6:

chiaberry
28-06-11, 14:48
Are some of the blocks direct West-facing? Because last weekend I was driving along Sin Ming Avenue towards Clover side and the sun's rays reflect directly off the windows of Clover.

devilplate
28-06-11, 15:02
Are some of the blocks direct West-facing? Because last weekend I was driving along Sin Ming Avenue towards Clover side and the sun's rays reflect directly off the windows of Clover.
Super lousy facing still can get below 1kpsf....park facing tats worth 1200psf

chiaberry
28-06-11, 15:05
The other thing I noticed. The balcony appears to be dangerous for young children. Mommies and Daddies better upgrade your balcony door locks. Grills cannot be installed on this type of balcony that they have.

ysyap
28-06-11, 15:40
The other thing I noticed. The balcony appears to be dangerous for young children. Mommies and Daddies better upgrade your balcony door locks. Grills cannot be installed on this type of balcony that they have.You mean there are balconies that cannot have grills installed?

devilplate
28-06-11, 16:10
The other thing I noticed. The balcony appears to be dangerous for young children. Mommies and Daddies better upgrade your balcony door locks. Grills cannot be installed on this type of balcony that they have.
New n bigger condos cfm kena caught installing grill at balcony aso wat?:rolleyes: only those small boutique apts may escape if u fren fren wif the other residents....

Jus install sliding grills at the sliding door la...wat so dangerous? Funny la u ppl:p

kingkong1984
28-06-11, 18:27
i think chiaberry need to chain up the kids like dogs...

hahahaha

chiaberry
28-06-11, 20:09
:cutedoggy:
i think chiaberry need to chain up the kids like dogs...

hahahaha

hahaha No need. My kids grew up in a bungalow. Even then all windows/sliding doors had grills as well as mosquito screens all of the time and they were never allowed out of the house on their own.

kane
28-06-11, 20:17
:cutedoggy:

hahaha No need. My kids grew up in a bungalow. Even then all windows/sliding doors had grills as well as mosquito screens all of the time and they were never allowed out of the house on their own.

Are you moving in to clover?

chiaberry
28-06-11, 20:25
Are you moving in to clover?

Ah sorry. Misunderstanding. Am not moving in to Clover. It's too far from the parents. Just that I passed by and saw the balconies while I was driving past on my way to J8 for weekend shopping. Location of Clover is a bit inconvenient for me.

kane
28-06-11, 20:34
Ah sorry. Misunderstanding. Am not moving in to Clover. It's too far from the parents. Just that I passed by and saw the balconies while I was driving past on my way to J8 for weekend shopping. Location of Clover is a bit inconvenient for me.

I thought all balconies nowadays suffer this same problem of being dangerous for young ones? As a result, everyone is forced to build their grills inside before the sliding window.

chiaberry
28-06-11, 20:44
I thought all balconies nowadays suffer this same problem of being dangerous for young ones? As a result, everyone is forced to build their grills inside before the sliding window.

Yes that appears to be the case. In new developments the balcony is no longer useful for the young ones to use as extra play space. In older developments, people can still enclose the balcony and cover with windows and use as extra play room or study room, thus maximising the floor area.

cl0ver
28-06-11, 21:25

all N-S facing, but because of its curved shaped at the corner, there will be some sun depending on which unit...

cl0ver
28-06-11, 21:27
i think clover residents are trying to arrange for invisible grills.... but this is common lah...

am sure TG also will have NICE NICE balcony facing golf courses and reservoir and then also dangerous for kids.....

ysyap
28-06-11, 21:31
So what are the units left in this project still not sold by developer? What is their asking? :o

cl0ver
28-06-11, 21:35
So what are the units left in this project still not sold by developer? What is their asking? :o

i think around 20 left... some face HDBs, some top floor penthouse....

kane
28-06-11, 21:38
Yes that appears to be the case. In new developments the balcony is no longer useful for the young ones to use as extra play space. In older developments, people can still enclose the balcony and cover with windows and use as extra play room or study room, thus maximising the floor area.

those older developments tend to be from the late 80s and before.

some people put plants around the edge of the balcony put that isn't full proof and could get in the way of their wonderful pool view.

i think the south facing units on the left side of the block when viewed from the entrance will get some sun slanting into their units at year end.

chiaberry
28-06-11, 21:44
those older developments tend to be from the late 80s and before.

some people put plants around the edge of the balcony put that isn't full proof and could get in the way of their wonderful pool view.

i think the south facing units on the left side of the block when viewed from the entrance will get some sun slanting into their units at year end.

Yep those balconies have transparent glass so as to give best views. I presume the same will apply for Thomson G too. hehe maybe one of you will invite me to your unit when TOP. Or I ask an agent for viewing. Kaypo to see the park view.

cl0ver
28-06-11, 21:47
plenty of chances.. with 616 units and 159 directly faces the park, i'm sure some will be on sale/rent when TOP comes...

kane
28-06-11, 21:50
Yep those balconies have transparent glass so as to give best views. I presume the same will apply for Thomson G too. hehe maybe one of you will invite me to your unit when TOP. Or I ask an agent for viewing. Kaypo to see the park view.

the owners can go for a macD supper whenever they're hungry and lazy to drive out, especially when it's in their view every day.

cl0ver
28-06-11, 22:15
the owners can go for a macD supper whenever they're hungry and lazy to drive out, especially when it's in their view every day.

not only McDs lah.... got 2 KPT 24hrs across the road... NTUC also 24hrs...
and a walk in the park, u have spa... green room.. nice bar there too....

kane
28-06-11, 22:23
time to drop by bishan park, didn't realise they have a bar there.

chiaberry
29-06-11, 00:17
time to drop by bishan park, didn't realise they have a bar there.

Are YOU moving in to Clover?

kane
29-06-11, 00:19
Are YOU moving in to Clover?

No, I live around the area.

chiaberry
29-06-11, 00:23
plenty of chances.. with 616 units and 159 directly faces the park, i'm sure some will be on sale/rent when TOP comes...

Currently there's 400+ listings for Clover on propertyguru.com. Granted that a lot of them are repeats but that's still a lot. Seems like there's still quite a few people wanting to cash out.

Saw a few floor plans. What's the long balcony with planter leading to the dining/living area?

cl0ver
29-06-11, 12:26
not surprising lah....
if you bought at $700psf and now asking $1200psf.... wouldn't you be tempted since this is afterall LH99 and with the current uncertain climate...

Those that need the place to stay will certainly not sell, but those looking as an upgrade, may think again if its better to cash out and find another FH location. Especially, those with units not facing the park, maybe even switch to TG??:beats-me-man:

i think with the amount cashed out, there are lots more opportunities....

devilplate
29-06-11, 12:33
i think with the amount cashed out, there are lots more opportunities....
for eg. Visit IRs more frequently...hehe

cl0ver
29-06-11, 13:05
for eg. Visit IRs more frequently...hehe

yah, put all on RED!

ysyap
29-06-11, 16:31
Currently there's 400+ listings for Clover on propertyguru.com. Granted that a lot of them are repeats but that's still a lot. Seems like there's still quite a few people wanting to cash out.

Saw a few floor plans. What's the long balcony with planter leading to the dining/living area?Apparently that long balcony with planter leading to the living room was a selling point when I was at the showflat during its initial launch. Agents say this area very good for this and that and its a unique feature, along with the master bathroom and the double access point into the utility room. Personally I thought that long balcony (corridor) is useless for me... :o

chiaberry
29-06-11, 20:15
Apparently that long balcony with planter leading to the living room was a selling point when I was at the showflat during its initial launch. Agents say this area very good for this and that and its a unique feature, along with the master bathroom and the double access point into the utility room. Personally I thought that long balcony (corridor) is useless for me... :o

Apparently some female soon-to-be Cloverians have ear-marked this corridor for their shoe cupboardS. Let's see how the corridor looks when TOP. Plenty of choice for units to view judging by the ads.

fclim
01-07-11, 16:03
A caveat lodged in Jun 2011:

4-bedder, 1,755 sq ft, $1,342,000 at $765 psf! 26-30th floor.

What is happening? :beats-me-man:

ysyap
01-07-11, 17:16

What is happening? :beats-me-man:Fire sale or owners filing for divorce or whatever reason so need to get rid quickly? Or father's gift to son? Many reason but that buyer really huat man! Buy at $1.34m and wait 4 years, sell at $1.8m. :D

Anymore? I also want! :p

fclim
01-07-11, 17:54
Fire sale or owners filing for divorce or whatever reason so need to get rid quickly? Or father's gift to son? Many reason but that buyer really huat man! Buy at $1.34m and wait 4 years, sell at $1.8m. :D

Anymore? I also want! :p

Stack 05 or Stack 16. Scali Stack 16 - Park Facing, Best Stack!

ysyap
01-07-11, 17:59
Stack 05 or Stack 16. Scali Stack 16 - Park Facing, Best Stack!At that price for the current market, even non park facing is a very good deal! Any way to find such firesales?:D

cl0ver
01-07-11, 21:54

i think its the original caveat just lodged after owner sold it....

fclim
01-07-11, 22:37
i think its the original caveat just lodged after owner sold it....

Why would anyone do that i.e delay lodging caveat for over 2 years? It's very misleading. Will bring down the average/overall psf for the development.

ysyap
02-07-11, 16:05
Ai yah... give me false hope that such great deals exist today! :doh:

lifeline
02-07-11, 17:32
Why would anyone do that i.e delay lodging caveat for over 2 years? It's very misleading. Will bring down the average/overall psf for the development.

I think the delayed lodging of caveat is more likely due to the fact that the owner's loan only kicked in later, as he paid up more in cash or cpf.

fclim
02-07-11, 18:59
I think the delayed lodging of caveat is more likely due to the fact that the owner's loan only kicked in later, as he paid up more in cash or cpf.
I thought the moment you use CPF or got loan approved, the CPF Board and bank will want you to lodge a caveat and they will have a charge over your property. :beats-me-man:

ysyap
02-07-11, 22:03
I thought the moment you use CPF or got loan approved, the CPF Board and bank will want you to lodge a caveat and they will have a charge over your property. :beats-me-man:The statement I receive from SLA always reflects, 'the bank has lodged a caveat against your property' so I believe only when the loan is confirmed will a caveat be lodged. Therefore if the guy paid 50% cash/cpf, the bank will only lodge the caveat when they start to disburse money to the developer nearing TOP which is at 60%. At TOP, disburse another 25% leaving the final 15% a year after TOP. Maybe, just maybe! :o

hycondo
08-07-11, 16:38
Is this project TOP already?

cl0ver
08-07-11, 17:35
As of today, not yet.....

Eldenfirefly
08-07-11, 18:22
A lot of people waiting impatiently for it to TOP. Some are even homeless now! :scared-4:

ysyap
08-07-11, 20:26
Don't panic... it should TOP within next one max two months!!! Just the final details left ba! :spliff:

Eldenfirefly
14-07-11, 15:08
Actually I not in that big a hurry. Will probably take a bit of time to renovate it nicely, then move in. As long as it TOP before end of the year, is ok for me. :)

The Park and river project is shaping up nicely, can see it taking shape already. I think it will look very nice in future. As long as not too noisy is ok. But then, mine is park facing and above 15th floor, so won't affect me much. hee. :)

What I really like is the side gate. Mine is stack 5. I time myself, walk from the side gate entrance to the bus stop, is 1min (or less if you walk fast). That is darn fast, the bus stop is like right outside only. To be within 1 minute's walk to the bus stop where there are 4 buses that all go to Bishan MRT is great!

And nowadays, buses are air con also, so this should be quite ok for me.

fclim
14-07-11, 15:16
Actually I not in that big a hurry. Will probably take a bit of time to renovate it nicely, then move in. As long as it TOP before end of the year, is ok for me. :)

The Park and river project is shaping up nicely, can see it taking shape already. I think it will look very nice in future. As long as not too noisy is ok. But then, mine is park facing and above 15th floor, so won't affect me much. hee. :)

What I really like is the side gate. Mine is stack 5. I time myself, walk from the side gate entrance to the bus stop, is 1min (or less if you walk fast). That is darn fast, the bus stop is like right outside only. To be within 1 minute's walk to the bus stop where there are 4 buses that all go to Bishan MRT is great!

And nowadays, buses are air con also, so this should be quite ok for me.

Agree. No need to be right at MRT doorstep and pay up to 40% more. Many people are crazy about MRT doorstep convenience nowadays and are prepared to pay more to stay next to MRT tracks. :beats-me-man:
Even if MRT is underground, the units are likely to be located close to main roads which can be noisy and dusty. Anyway, CBTP got ferry service right?

Lovelle
14-07-11, 15:32
Agree. No need to be right at MRT doorstep and pay up to 40% more. Many people are crazy about MRT doorstep convenience nowadays and are prepared to pay more to stay next to MRT tracks. :beats-me-man:
Even if MRT is underground, the units are likely to be located close to main roads which can be noisy and dusty. Anyway, CBTP got ferry service right?

but during peak hours, all residents will wait at bus stop and take the same bus to mrt.

How many residents can take the same bus , all being squeezed ,,hahaha

ysyap
14-07-11, 15:53

And nowadays, buses are air con also, so this should be quite ok for me.I thought there is free shuttle for the first year or two. Then maybe will extend? Don't even need to squeeze with other people in the public bus... :D

DC33_2008
14-07-11, 16:19
FOC first two years but have to pay for subsquent years.
I thought there is free shuttle for the first year or two. Then maybe will extend? Don't even need to squeeze with other people in the public bus... :D

testtest
14-07-11, 16:34
but during peak hours, all residents will wait at bus stop and take the same bus to mrt.

How many residents can take the same bus , all being squeezed ,,hahaha

During peak hour, i think everywhere is the same lah ;)

amk
14-07-11, 16:46
are you referring to the Capitaland Bishan site ? For that one, it's more than just a MRT. It's next to a shopping center, several food centers, town center, etc. I think it's fair it should be significantly higher than Clover.

Lovelle
14-07-11, 17:08
During peak hour, i think everywhere is the same lah ;)

don't know but if u got to wait for bus then u just got be earlier...and u can estimate ur timing.

bus can be late also. Then, usually the bus stop is very jam , got taxi and cars dropping their passengers

Lovelle
14-07-11, 17:21
don't know but if u got to wait for bus then u just got be earlier...and u can estimate ur timing.

bus can be late also. Then, usually the bus stop is very jam , got taxi and cars dropping their passengers

i prefer those like Kovan Melody, where the mrt is underground and right outside the door. Is woodleigh8 also like that ?

ysyap
14-07-11, 19:09
i prefer those like Kovan Melody, where the mrt is underground and right outside the door. Is woodleigh8 also like that ?8@W has a short walk to the MRT but it is considered very near lah... but Kovan Melody and Residence is still nearer... :o

ysyap
14-07-11, 19:13

bus can be late also. Then, usually the bus stop is very jam , got taxi and cars dropping their passengersWell I stay beside LRT which can be quite fixed in terms of timing during peak hours unlike buses but the feeling of living just beside MRT and so save so much more time on travelling is really fantastic. At least 15 mins more of sleep everyday... :tongue3: But I guess for that extra more in terms of cost, then maybe not so attractive after all... :o

alamak
14-07-11, 20:57
i prefer those like Kovan Melody, where the mrt is underground and right outside the door. Is woodleigh8 also like that ?

Hmm.. I think you are referring to Woodsville28 lah ..:)

ysyap
14-07-11, 22:45
Hmm.. I think you are referring to Woodsville28 lah ..:)Woodsville28 will be much nearer to MRT indeed, as well as Nin Residence. :) But prices are also pretty steep!!! :beats-me-man:

fclim
14-07-11, 22:52
are you referring to the Capitaland Bishan site ? For that one, it's more than just a MRT. It's next to a shopping center, several food centers, town center, etc. I think it's fair it should be significantly higher than Clover.

No. That Capland site should be expensive. I am referring to other condos where if near MRT or LRT straightaway commands a significant premium even though it's just MRT and no other amenities. 10% to 15% higher reasonable, but usually much more than that.

Eldenfirefly
19-07-11, 16:12
Saw people flying kites at Bishan Park near the Macdonalds last weekend. One more family activity which we can do now. It also has a new dog run for people to bring their dogs there, whether to interact with other dogs, or just for those dogs to get some exercise!

sleek
19-07-11, 18:47
Dog Run was there all along, just relocated nearer to the carpark side. :D

Saw people flying kites at Bishan Park near the Macdonalds last weekend. One more family activity which we can do now. It also has a new dog run for people to bring their dogs there, whether to interact with other dogs, or just for those dogs to get some exercise!

cl0ver
19-07-11, 19:04
yeah, but heard the skatepark is going to close

Eldenfirefly
20-07-11, 11:06
Pity our dog very fierce towards other dogs. Cannot make friends wan, so don't dare to bring her there. She is alright with kids though strangely enough, she is scared of kids in fact, always try and run away from them wan. :)

ysyap
20-07-11, 11:57
yeah, but heard the skatepark is going to closeThe bicycle kiosk is closing or has already closed. The skatepark will be changed to house a host of other activity based facilities... not sure of details. Only just read it somewhere! :)

hycondo
20-07-11, 22:14
Wonder PUB/NPB will raise the water level in the so called "river". Also Currently, it appear quite unsightly with rubbish floating on the water.

ysyap
20-07-11, 22:36
Wonder PUB/NPB will raise the water level in the so called "river". Also Currently, it appear quite unsightly with rubbish floating on the water.It will definitely be cleaned up because I think govt is gonna do up the whole area!!! :o

Eldenfirefly
21-07-11, 10:16
It will definitely be cleaned up because I think govt is gonna do up the whole area!!! :o

I think the ABC project is still ongoing, and not fully completed yet. Hence they haven't let in the full amount of water. But going by the rather large width allowance they have made of the river at Clover, I believe that when it is fully complete, it will definitley fill up nicely.

At the very least when it is rainy season, we will definitley see a good flow. :)

ysyap
21-07-11, 11:33
Any ideas what is the asking of those unsold units still held by developers? And what facing and what floor? :confused:

Eldenfirefly
21-07-11, 11:40
Any ideas what is the asking of those unsold units still held by developers? And what facing and what floor? :confused:

I think either left super high floor, so super expensive. Or those super low floor, which is facing the main road which are not very attractive. Anything else in between probably have to go for subsale already.

From what I know, all the park facing units were fully sold out.

ysyap
21-07-11, 11:42
I think either left super high floor, so super expensive. Or those super low floor, which is facing the main road which are not very attractive. Anything else in between probably have to go for subsale already.

From what I know, all the park facing units were fully sold out.So the next best is guess is the pool facing? The 2nd and 3rd floor units facing the road is really not ideal. I can see all activities inside those units very clearly from the road whenever I drive pass! :doh:

Eldenfirefly
21-07-11, 11:47
So the next best is guess is the pool facing? The 2nd and 3rd floor units facing the road is really not ideal. I can see all activities inside those units very clearly from the road whenever I drive pass! :doh:

That's the reason why I think Clover up till now, still not 100% sold. Its going to be really hard to sell those 2nd or 3rd floor units facing the main road. The car head lights at night will literally shine straight into their rooms! :scared-4:

Its only an issue only for those particular low floor road facing units though. Most of the rest are fine.

ysyap
21-07-11, 12:06
Well we can almost guess for those who finally do buy these remaining low floor units will have their curtains perpetually drawn 24hrs a day! :D They will become Boo Radley! :scared-4:

Eldenfirefly
21-07-11, 13:54
Hmm, seems like Clover has officially been granted TOP liao. Looking forward to getting the letter and the keys soon. On the negative side, this means my housing instalment payments are going to go up! lol

cloverpark
21-07-11, 15:20
For Pool facing do not get those facing kids pool below 5th floors... those are also super noisy. I think Blk 2 those facing partial park and further away from kids pool will be better.

So the next best is guess is the pool facing? The 2nd and 3rd floor units facing the road is really not ideal. I can see all activities inside those units very clearly from the road whenever I drive pass! :doh:

greggywong
21-07-11, 15:46

I understand that there is a unit (ground floor with swimming pool view)...going for $800+ psq...size is 2100+ sq ft....(including patio)

And just confirmed with Sim Lian...Clover just TOP!!! :)

hycondo
21-07-11, 17:12
I understand that there is a unit (ground floor with swimming pool view)...going for $800+ psq...size is 2100+ sq ft....(including patio)

And just confirmed with Sim Lian...Clover just TOP!!! :)
Any idea how they phase in the key collection? By block? By level?

Lovelle
21-07-11, 17:38
any owner here glad to organise viewing for forummer upon collecting key ?

Eldenfirefly
21-07-11, 17:58
I think some of us are very good photographers and will have pictures we can post here once we have the keys. :) The Clover Forum was filled with progress pictures from initial construction all the way until now TOP. :)

fclim
22-07-11, 18:21

This caveat strangely disappeared from the URA website when I checked a while ago. But, I definitely saw it in Jun 2011. Mistake by URA?

bargain hunter
22-07-11, 19:35
there was an article a few years ago where URA said they would delete duplicate entries.

in short, what happens is when someone sub sales the unit, for whatever reason (i can't recall the article in detail), a caveat of the seller's original purchase may be lodged in addition to the buyer's caveat and URA was taking note and deleting these inaccurate entries.

This caveat strangely disappeared from the URA website when I checked a while ago. But, I definitely saw it in Jun 2011. Mistake by URA?

greggywong
22-07-11, 22:32

I am not so sure!! Perhaps by VVIP...those buyers who purchased during the initial launch..My guess only!!

SBF
26-07-11, 14:22
Dear Residents of Clover by The Park,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce a revolutionary new product to you; Strand Woven Bamboo.

Strand woven bamboo is applicable for both indoor flooring and outdoor decking and is considered a sustainable building material not only because it is harvested from FSC/Sustainable sources, but also because of its low volatile organic content (VOC), as well as its manufacturing and installation process.

Bamboo is commonly used for scaffolding so it is certainly strong enough for your flooring needs. It features a high strength to weight ratio and can easily carry countless times its own weight. Strand Woven Bamboo is as tough as Maple and it is 50% harder and more stable when compared to Red Oak. According to the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture), Strand Woven Bamboo also tops the list of frequently used wood types in term of dimensional stability.
Styleline’s products have all been certified under the Singapore Green Label scheme, issued by the Singapore Environment Council. With a full range of test reports available, you can have peace of mind that you are getting a product that has been certified and tested to be stronger, more durable and environmentally friendly.

A whole host of options are available to you in terms of designs, we have 11 standard colors for our indoor flooring.

At Styleline, we have installed more than 400,000ft2 of indoor flooring and more than 700,000ft2 of external decking locally in Singapore.

Styleline would like to offer a wholesale price for Residents of Clover by The Park

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/7113/greenfielddrive.th.jpg[/URL]

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8647/suhokthai.th.jpg[/URL]

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1289/ymca.th.jpg[/URL]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Style-Line/111716342246539

https://picasaweb.google.com/107558321126877783822/

For samples, details and more information, or even to ask a simple question, please do not hesitate to contact

SBF
[email protected]

kingkong1984
26-07-11, 23:57
bamboo... termites favourite... powderful...

Eldenfirefly
28-07-11, 11:52
Actually, there are now lots of pictures from the first few people who have managed to get their keys. But all the action happening on the cloverforum itself. So, you won't be able to see them here. Sorry. :D Everyone super excited there. :)

sleek
03-08-11, 20:48
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/282188_2316784959646_1250151741_32818429_3463250_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/285451_2316786439683_1250151741_32818434_2996094_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/283385_2316787879719_1250151741_32818435_5089255_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/226032_2316792239828_1250151741_32818440_5136057_n.jpg

Komo
03-08-11, 21:32
Had a cooling ice mocha at Mac while enjoying the view? That's what life should be man!:D

ysyap
03-08-11, 22:09
Laggi better if you have a cooling ice mocha at your Clover's balcony overlooking Mac and the scenic park view! :cheers1:

ecimbew
03-08-11, 22:24
Finally... Happy for you guys

ysyap
09-08-11, 12:19
So anyone moved in after reno already? Any complaints about the finishing to look out for so far?

cl0ver
09-08-11, 16:33
i think many were using the pool today....
most are waiting to move in after 7 month.
the not so "pantang" ones will move in this month

ecimbew
14-08-11, 20:27
Before Clover and Bishan river

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3466/hdb37ov.jpg

Sam
16-08-11, 11:31
Picture taken during National Day

buttercarp
16-08-11, 11:47

Wow, Sam, what a magnificent view!
U stay in the penthouse?

Rysk
16-08-11, 12:16

As if this photo was taken in Moutebleu or Pavilion 11 at Novena.. or actually you zoom-in one all the way from Bishan:D

Sam
16-08-11, 13:39

All these pictures are taken from Stack 10 of Clover above 35 floor.

kingkong1984
16-08-11, 20:38
I am right.. Park and reservoir view... But err.... Your final destination path awaits u...

Thomson grand would block the views right?

chiaberry
17-08-11, 07:16
I am right.. Park and reservoir view... But err.... Your final destination path awaits u...

Thomson grand would block the views right?

I don't think it will block the reservoir from that particular floor as it's not that high.

However agree that the Final Destination view is rather prominent.

CloverLover
26-08-11, 00:31
There is a free forum for Clover By The Park owners, please sign up at http://cloverbythepark.freeforums.org/index.php

azeoprop
03-09-11, 15:55
Potraits of Clover :)

Komo
03-09-11, 18:51
any shortfall in the actual floor area for rebate by developer?

hyenergix
03-09-11, 18:55

The park looks quite empty...

cl0ver
04-09-11, 08:25
The park looks quite empty...

what do you expect it to be? Bukit Timah Reserve?
lol?

hyenergix
04-09-11, 08:39
what do you expect it to be? Bukit Timah Reserve?
lol?

I thought it looked better before the upgrade. The canal looks like swampy river. Pockets of ponding may bring dengue or breed some nuisance insects :scared-4:

ecimbew
04-09-11, 08:43

Lovely! Can see Beacon Heights.
Clovers are taller and bigger than their HDB neighbours.
Wonder if anyone can post interior photos.

DC33_2008
04-09-11, 10:18
Anyone knows the field in front is earmarked for what development?

mantrix
04-09-11, 11:31
Went to view a few units. Considering owners bought it at 700-800+ psf, their asking psf of 1200-1300+psf is simply ridiculous.

99LH, far from MRT - only redeeming factor is park view (and not many park-facing units are selling)

Small land size but 616 units packed in - when all owners move there will be a jam for sure, especially getting into basement carpark.

Interior furnishings are so-so, compressed marble and typical furnishings. Those units that are breezy are those with unusable space (long entrance from gate to door with huge planters, kitchen patio with planters etc)

Guess I'll give this a miss :D

ysyap
04-09-11, 11:36
I thought it looked better before the upgrade. The canal looks like swampy river. Pockets of ponding may bring dengue or breed some nuisance insects :scared-4:Still in the process of upgrading so it will look bad lah... give it another year or two. :o

DC33_2008
04-09-11, 11:38
Go to be careful of flood water breaks its banks.
Still in the process of upgrading so it will look bad lah... give it another year or two. :o

ysyap
04-09-11, 11:43
Went to view a few units. Considering owners bought it at 700-800+ psf, their asking psf of 1200-1300+psf is simply ridiculous.

99LH, far from MRT - only redeeming factor is park view (and not many park-facing units are selling)

Small land size but 616 units packed in - when all owners move there will be a jam for sure, especially getting into basement carpark.

Interior furnishings are so-so, compressed marble and typical furnishings. Those units that are breezy are those with unusable space (long entrance from gate to door with huge planters, kitchen patio with planters etc)

Guess I'll give this a miss :DIf price is a big concern for you, you probably should wait till the double dip takes place. 1k psf is everywhere, even in places like Seng Kang. However, I agree that the useless corridor was a huge deterrent for me 3 years back. Pay for space I don't use, hmmm... However, some forummers disagree that the corridor is useless. Guess everyone reserve their right of opinion! :cheers1:

ysyap
04-09-11, 11:46
Go to be careful of flood water breaks its banks.If this happens, disaster strikes. The PE in charge must have double its checks before commissioning the works. Don't worry lah!

DC33_2008
04-09-11, 11:46
It's just the priority of selection criteria of an investment / own stay home.
If price is a big concern for you, you probably should wait till the double dip takes place. 1k psf is everywhere, even in places like Seng Kang. However, I agree that the useless corridor was a huge deterrent for me 3 years back. Pay for space I don't use, hmmm... However, some forummers disagree that the corridor is useless. Guess everyone reserve their right of opinion! :cheers1:

mantrix
04-09-11, 11:50
If price is a big concern for you, you probably should wait till the double dip takes place. 1k psf is everywhere, even in places like Seng Kang. However, I agree that the useless corridor was a huge deterrent for me 3 years back. Pay for space I don't use, hmmm... However, some forummers disagree that the corridor is useless. Guess everyone reserve their right of opinion! :cheers1:

Everyone is speculating about the double dip but I am not so sure.

And it's not that I find it high, but you need to pay for something of value. 1300psf IMO is too high for this place. Thomson Grand at 1400psf has good views and quality finishings. Bishan 8 at even 1200psf has proximity to MRT.

At 1300psf I might as well pay 1200psf for thomson 800 FH and much nearer to MRT and a lot closer to town.

DC33_2008
04-09-11, 11:50
Remember, "No engineering solution can overcome the flooding".
If this happens, disaster strikes. The PE in charge must have double its checks before commissioning the works. Don't worry lah!

ysyap
04-09-11, 12:01
Everyone is speculating about the double dip but I am not so sure.

And it's not that I find it high, but you need to pay for something of value. 1300psf IMO is too high for this place. Thomson Grand at 1400psf has good views and quality finishings. Bishan 8 at even 1200psf has proximity to MRT.

At 1300psf I might as well pay 1200psf for thomson 800 FH and much nearer to MRT and a lot closer to town.Agreed to a large extend. Another thing that holds me back is to buy from these owners who bought real cheap and to think that I had a chance then like them but gave it up makes it more difficult to buy from them. I should be in their shoes, if you know what I mean! :p Anyway, must move on lor! Scout for next bargain! :o

kingkong1984
04-09-11, 12:07
Wise indeed.

Good to have these investment rules.

1. If you allow the previous owners to profit alot... where is the meat left for u? You will be swiming against the tide. Give them a fair margain in line with inflation (5% a year is a good rule).

2. If you have to invest, find untouch and greener pastures with potental.

3. If you have only 1 bullet. Make sure it hits the right target.

4. If your gun cannot fire, rent out.

5. First come first serve. First mover rule applies and be the first mover when the price is right. Not the other way round when the price is high.

mantrix
04-09-11, 12:14
Agreed to a large extend. Another thing that holds me back is to buy from these owners who bought real cheap and to think that I had a chance then like them but gave it up makes it more difficult to buy from them. I should be in their shoes, if you know what I mean! :p Anyway, must move on lor! Scout for next bargain! :o

Yeah exactly...anyway there are those who cashed out at 1K psf or 1.1K - those are ok and I feel it's still within reason if the view is good or if that particular unit is good. But for those asking 1300psf - they need to wake up. Anyway no one is biting too...all just trying for the sky.

After I left the agent told me to offer 1.95M for a 3 BR unit with west sun...said it's a very good price...my guess is they are desperate but if they do not moderate their expectations they will need to keep holding on and pay the maintenance...

ysyap
04-09-11, 15:01
After I left the agent told me to offer 1.95M for a 3 BR unit with west sun...said it's a very good price...Tell the agent I offer $4mil, isn't that an even better price? :doh: $5mil anyone?

mantrix
04-09-11, 15:38
Tell the agent I offer $4mil, isn't that an even better price? :doh: $5mil anyone?

LOL you pay full in hell notes ar? :D

cl0ver
04-09-11, 18:37
I thought it looked better before the upgrade. The canal looks like swampy river. Pockets of ponding may bring dengue or breed some nuisance insects :scared-4:

you think the ABC project so gundu to breed insects?
its a whole new eco system, there are already fishes in the stream...
note, its not a swamp or pond, its a river that flows from to the marina barrage...

cl0ver
04-09-11, 18:45
i think the whole project at 1.1k to 1.2k psf is fair... especially parkview..
its so serene and quiet that deserves the premium and also the proximity to HDB amenities...

note that Bishan HDBs surrounding Clover are old but are commanding very high COVs. The record HDB that was sold at 900k is just across the street.

hyenergix
04-09-11, 18:54
you think the ABC project so gundu to breed insects?
its a whole new eco system, there are already fishes in the stream...
note, its not a swamp or pond, its a river that flows from to the marina barrage...

Slow flowing water or ponding can breed insects ;-)

devilplate
04-09-11, 19:34
Slow flowing water or ponding can breed insects ;-)
Got fishes den ok la...

Near park/greenary definitely got mozzies anyway

ysyap
04-09-11, 21:41
Slow flowing water or ponding can breed insects ;-)Imagine NEA fine PUB for breeding sites... :doh: Don't worry lah... will never happen de... all measures and precautions are taken already... :o

chiaberry
05-09-11, 07:31
Yeah exactly...anyway there are those who cashed out at 1K psf or 1.1K - those are ok and I feel it's still within reason if the view is good or if that particular unit is good. But for those asking 1300psf - they need to wake up. Anyway no one is biting too...all just trying for the sky.

After I left the agent told me to offer 1.95M for a 3 BR unit with west sun...said it's a very good price...my guess is they are desperate but if they do not moderate their expectations they will need to keep holding on and pay the maintenance...

I think you made the right decision. It will be quite crowded when everybody moves in and there will be many families with young children/maids around. The views are the redeeming factor for this development plus the school. But there will be very heavy competition for the balloting. Same for those condos around the Bedor reservoir area. Will be very hard to secure a place at the sch there too.

Bear in mind though that the Capland condo will be launching soon. And if the px are high, it will pull up the px of this development.

DC33_2008
05-09-11, 08:38
What is the rental in this development?

greggywong
05-09-11, 09:22
What is the rental in this development?
S$4.5k avg for 3 room....$5k for 4 rooms

Komo
05-09-11, 12:52
S$4.5k avg for 3 room....$5k for 4 rooms
Asking only?

greggywong
05-09-11, 13:01
Asking only?

My sister rented a unit at blk 6...3 bedder at 4.5k

hycondo
05-09-11, 16:46
Facing the park or pool? Furnish or bare?

Komo
05-09-11, 19:37
Very lucky owner:D

greggywong
05-09-11, 20:56
Facing the park or pool? Furnish or bare?

pool view...bare

ecimbew
18-09-11, 10:43
Photos

http://www.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=19&mid=30323
http://www.geomancy.net/upload/CLOVER6.jpg

DC33_2008
18-09-11, 10:58
The space between the gate and the main door is quite large. Can have lots of plants in the planter box. It should be quite windy.
Photos

kane
18-09-11, 11:38
wa, so much common corridor space?!

devilplate
18-09-11, 11:40
Can build a mega shoe rack haha

ecimbew
18-09-11, 11:46
Photos

Some ideas for our Clover friends. Don't say it's related to TT's Informal occasions for family bonding.

http://media.lookatvietnam.com/2009/11/images1875144_2.jpg
http://images.travelpod.com/users/splursty/1.1280137116.fish-massage.jpg

http://images.travelpod.co.uk/users/ericnanya/1.1271188713.getting-a-fish-massage.jpg

devilplate
18-09-11, 11:51
Hahaha i had a good laugh:cheers6:

ecimbew
18-09-11, 11:53
Seriously, you can earn some money too.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4369333_f520.jpg

mantrix
18-09-11, 11:54
Plenty of non-livable space...I was quoted 1300psf for a high floor unit, actually I'm paying close to 1500psf for livable space.
Might as well buy capland's new bishan proj or D Leedon.
Simply ridiculous

testtest
18-09-11, 11:57
Can build a mega shoe rack haha

or MJ tables? :doh:

kane
18-09-11, 12:35
Neighbours can come over for fish massage for $10 with free fruit tea and sliced fruits, recoup your instalments every month.

DC33_2008
18-09-11, 13:58
Whole place will be wet when it rains. Not efficient use of space. May see some illegal use of blinds at this place. :banghead:
wa, so much common corridor space?!

mantrix
18-09-11, 14:02
Whole place will be wet when it rains. Not efficient use of space. May see some illegal use of blinds at this place. :banghead:

They will need to put blinds on the gate as well else everyone can see them frolicking in their shoerack space :D

DC33_2008
18-09-11, 14:10
That corridor space is easily 80sqft. That is about 80 x 1300 = $100,000. Wow! How to sell? :scared-4:
Plenty of non-livable space...I was quoted 1300psf for a high floor unit, actually I'm paying close to 1500psf for livable space.
Might as well buy capland's new bishan proj or D Leedon.
Simply ridiculous

nobrainer32007
18-09-11, 14:48
99 year leasehold at more than 1300 psf? I rather buy hdb flat at bishan or toa payoh central. No 99 year lh project for me if it is not within 2 min walk (not drive) to mrt (not lrt), sentosa or cbd. Clover no thanks!

That corridor space is easily 80sqft. That is about 80 x 1300 = $100,000. Wow! How to sell? :scared-4:

DC33_2008
18-09-11, 14:51
Sure get clob!
99 year leasehold at more than 1300 psf? I rather buy hdb flat at bishan or toa payoh central. No 99 year lh project for me if it is not within 2 min walk (not drive) to mrt (not lrt), sentosa or cbd. Clover no thanks!

cl0ver
18-09-11, 16:19

price at launch was fair mah.... have to remember it was avg $750psf only.

DC33_2008
18-09-11, 21:02
Price is fair but not layout. Still cost first owner $60,000 for a non-optimal space. Subsale buyers even worst. :doh:
price at launch was fair mah.... have to remember it was avg $750psf only.

kane
18-09-11, 22:07
Price is fair but not layout. Still cost first owner $60,000 for a non-optimal space. Subsale buyers even worst. :doh:

If I remember correctly, the middle stack 3 bedders have a shorter corridor than the 4 bedders.

ysyap
18-09-11, 22:12
If I remember correctly, the middle stack 3 bedders have a shorter corridor than the 4 bedders.Whether short or long corridor, its effectively wasted and that was the main reason I did not yield at the showflat years ago! :o

chiaberry
18-09-11, 22:36
My suggestion:

If that corridor space is indeed included in your floor area (and not a common corridor) is to install a sliding glass door before the planter (so that it is within your unit and not affecting the facade of the building. That will shelter the corridor from the rain and allow you to keep your things there. Actually for those of you who have large barang-barang like bicycles, golf clubs that would be a useful place to store them provided you store them tidily and don't clog up your entrance.

devilplate
18-09-11, 22:40
My suggestion:

If that corridor space is indeed included in your floor area (and not a common corridor) is to install a sliding glass door before the planter (so that it is within your unit and not affecting the facade of the building. That will shelter the corridor from the rain and allow you to keep your things there. Actually for those of you who have large barang-barang like bicycles, golf clubs that would be a useful place to store them provided you store them tidily and don't clog up your entrance.
Nid to seek approval ....mabe easier after csc

wilander
18-09-11, 22:56
Photos

Is it possible to have a proper opaque door in place of the grilled gate? I have the brochure and did not realise the actual thing is like this.

ecimbew
19-09-11, 00:13
No... Floor plan didn't say that the main door and gate are apart.

See for yourself

http://cloverbythepark.living.io/dbcbtp/files/Floorplan-B2.jpg

DC33_2008
19-09-11, 09:08
It is strange that the floor plan does not indicate the door. Not sure if developer is trying to hide this fault from the buyers. Layout is not really optimised with curved edges. It may be a real problem for reselling them at high $psf.

See for yourself

nobrainer32007
19-09-11, 10:14
The layout is hopelessly crappy!

I pity the owner-occupiers:doh:

It is strange that the floor plan does not indicate the door. Not sure if developer is trying to hide this fault from the buyers. Layout is not really optimised with curved edges. It may be a real problem for reselling them at high $psf.

bargain hunter
19-09-11, 10:38
even the regular units has this "little corridor" albeit covered and more usable, not very useful either?

(i (http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/floorplan/clover-by-the-park/floorplan-TypeA1.jpg) can't upload the 1216 sq ft floor plan. anyone able to?)

bargain hunter
19-09-11, 10:58
record price for 3 bedroom with the balcony/planter between metal and wooden door design is:

1.7288m 1582 sq ft 1093psf jun 11

record for 4 bedroom (all 4 bedrooms have this design):

2.106m 1755 sq ft 1200psf jul 11

devilplate
19-09-11, 11:05
record price for 3 bedroom with the balcony/planter between metal and wooden door design is:

1.7288m 1582 sq ft 1093psf jun 11

record for 4 bedroom (all 4 bedrooms have this design):

2.106m 1755 sq ft 1200psf jul 11
I estimated the baywindows, planters and corridor take up at least 15% of the entire space......so goto add 150-200psf for the actual livable space

wilander
19-09-11, 11:18

See for yourself

The brochure does indicate door "points" at the two entrances. If you look harder you can see them. What I meant was even at the showflat - if my memory serves me right - there was no indication that the front door would be a gated one instead of the normal opaque door that one would expect.

land118
19-09-11, 11:51
The brochure does indicate door "points" at the two entrances. If you look harder you can see them. What I meant was even at the showflat - if my memory serves me right - there was no indication that the front door would be a gated one instead of the normal opaque door that one would expect. Remind me of those corner HDB older flats where owner can buy the small corridor access in front main door and move the gate further out.

All who have bought from developers during launch already Huat, just that the gate kinda of cheapened the look, a let down by developer. They should have put something more classy...

cl0ver
19-09-11, 12:50
My suggestion:

that is indeed a good idea to open up to a side garden. but i heard not approved by management yet. this corridoor is very good for serious outdoor families where you can hang your high end bicycles, helmets, roller blades, etc...

chiaberry
19-09-11, 14:06
I also think the metal gate should be changed to a solid door. Is the metal gate INSIDE the unit? Or on the outside linking to the common corridor/lift lobby?

bargain hunter
19-09-11, 14:59
http://www.geomancy.net/upload/CLOVER5.jpg

outside. its like a hdb main gate.

I also think the metal gate should be changed to a solid door. Is the metal gate INSIDE the unit? Or on the outside linking to the common corridor/lift lobby?

cl0ver
19-09-11, 15:16
its outside, u can lock the gate, but leave the door inside open. The place is very breezy especially higher floor units.....