PDA

View Full Version : Clover By The Park, Bishan

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

crowded
17-07-08, 20:06
Don't you think the swimming pool shared by 616 household is too much??? feel like public pool????

at least better than kovan melody and livia, both more than 700+ units...

cl0ver
17-07-08, 21:44
the other plus point is only 2 blocks leaving so much space to landscaping...
good idea from Sim lian to build it really high.....

cloverSeeker
17-07-08, 21:59
the other plus point is only 2 blocks leaving so much space to landscaping...
good idea from Sim lian to build it really high.....

Thumbs up for this project.
Most buyers will have either parkview and/or city skyline.

OwnerStack1
17-07-08, 22:25
at least better than kovan melody and livia, both more than 700+ units...

My friend home at Floravale... swimming pool was madness during weekend!

I believe it will be very very crowded....

so sad.

Clover King
17-07-08, 23:03
i wonder how much is the penthouse? Any available? Hopefully can make it to showflat when i'm back in town.

We are looking to get either a landed or penthouse in D20. But our agent is telling us 'wait and see' saying that property might slowed down further in the next 1-2 yrs.

Every agents who are selling resale flats are saying the same thing. Properties will slow down in 1-2 year times. Believe they are just "parroting" the reports issue by Credit Suisse and another foreign bank (forgot the name). Ask those agent who are selling new apartments in new launches, they give you a different perspective...buy now buy now
Moral of the story is no one really know and can predict what the market will be like in 2 years time. With the IR coming up and subprime crisis cooling off, we could be experiencing another upsurge in prices. Go with your heart man....

careful man
17-07-08, 23:31
Every agents who are selling resale flats are saying the same thing. Properties will slow down in 1-2 year times. Believe they are just "parroting" the reports issue by Credit Suisse and another foreign bank (forgot the name). Ask those agent who are selling new apartments in new launches, they give you a different perspective...buy now buy now
Moral of the story is no one really know and can predict what the market will be like in 2 years time. With the IR coming up and subprime crisis cooling off, we could be experiencing another upsurge in prices. Go with your heart man....

not so easy man. $80 item can go with the heart, $800 watch can go with the heart , $8,000 honeymoon tour package can go the heart. even $80,000 car can go with the heart. But $800,000 property even if my heart says go ahead, my balls wouldn't let me.......I think i am destined to stay in HDBs.....hiaz.....

you made my day
17-07-08, 23:42
not so easy man. $80 item can go with the heart, $800 watch can go with the heart , $8,000 honeymoon tour package can go the heart. even $80,000 car can go with the heart. But $800,000 property even if my heart says go ahead, my balls wouldn't let me.......I think i am destined to stay in HDBs.....hiaz.....

That is an interesting way to sum up ballless-ness!

hehehe
17-07-08, 23:46
That is an interesting way to sum up ballless-ness!

that's ballful-ness, since the balls are in control.... :)

Unregisteredppp
18-07-08, 08:49
hdb prices these days aren't that cheap either. private property is an investment.

Unregisteredzzz
18-07-08, 08:58
The usual old saying still holds very much here again. If for investment, no one can predict anything. This is surely not the peak, nor the bottom of all times. We are at a flat line now, it could go up or it could go down. More bad news, goes down. Construction cost rises, prices remains. It is a very much guessing game!

Good luck to all.

goodie
18-07-08, 12:22
good but bad for the following:
1 access questionable; when fully completed may worsen traffic congestion, bottle neck at Bishan/AMK traffic lights
2. anyone can talk without phones between balconies, 10-15 mtrs apart
3. 99 yrs

be careful
18-07-08, 12:33
good but bad for the following:
1 access questionable; when fully completed may worsen traffic congestion, bottle neck at Bishan/AMK traffic lights
2. anyone can talk without phones between balconies, 10-15 mtrs apart
3. 99 yrs

Prices will fall for sure if the situation in middle east worsens, be careful dont over invest if you are less liquid otherwise you will really have to eat grass.

friend
18-07-08, 12:47
My wife and I combined already more than 20K a month... yet I find it "siong" to service.... for the larger units ...assuming you take a $1m loan... the monthly servicing is almost 4.5K to 5K using cash (since my current property is using CPF), depending on interest rate. Monthly car maintenance will be almost 2.5K considering installment, petrol, ERP, carpark etc. Childcare another 2.5K.

End of the day.... can service... but leaving little for savings.
Unless you have extra extra cash, even you are drawing 20k monthly as a wage earner it is very risky to invest heavily in properties. Companies may come and go esp, nowadays economies are very uncertain. Doing your own business may be less risky la.

Unreg¡stered
18-07-08, 13:25
My wife and I combined already more than 20K a month... yet I find it "siong" to service.... for the larger units ...assuming you take a $1m loan... the monthly servicing is almost 4.5K to 5K using cash (since my current property is using CPF), depending on interest rate. Monthly car maintenance will be almost 2.5K considering installment, petrol, ERP, carpark etc. Childcare another 2.5K.

End of the day.... can service... but leaving little for savings.

Unless you have extra extra cash, even you are drawing 20k monthly as a wage earner it is very risky to invest heavily in properties. Companies may come and go esp, nowadays economies are very uncertain. Doing your own business may be less risky la.
We never use our combined $30k salary to buy.
We used our $1M cash to buy.
Not so bad! Quite relaxing!
We, together with the rest who are like us, are accumulating and waiting to another opportunity to accumulate more wealth.

Unregistered 14
18-07-08, 13:31
I REMMEBER THAT 3YRS AGO I SAY MY FRIEND "SEOW... BUYING A STUDIO FOR 380K I CAN BUY A BISHAN 4RM OR EVEN 5RM FLAT U KNOW" NOW HE CAN EASILY SELL IT AT 600K.
JUST IMAGINE THAT IN ANOTHER 3YRS TIME WHEN CLOVER IS TOP AND THE SURROUNDING FLATS N CONDO ARE MOSTLY COMING TO 20YRS OLD.SO I THINK CLOVER WILL BE STANDING HIGH AND STRONG NOT ONLY THE TWO TOWER BUT ALSO IN PRICING.

Boast
18-07-08, 13:33
We, together with the rest who are like us, are accumulating and waiting to another opportunity to accumulate more wealth.

haha, what a boastful statement....

just read Farrer Court new condo will have 1500 units and the breakeven price would be around $1400 and its 99 yrs !!!!
i think capitaland should be more worried !!!!

so, all clover buyers, its not that bad.... if prices fall, it wont hit us that bad compared to others.....

Bishan
18-07-08, 13:51
It a cycle..If you are staying then you just need to catch another cycle..
At least in Bishan rates the highest in terms of House hold income.
And HDB prices there is high :)

No upside
18-07-08, 14:41
Upside will be limited here though as MRT spring up in all the prime areas in next 5-10 years. But happy can already. those who bot the most expensive HDB/condos in 1996 in Bishan are still crying now - still negative equity after the boom. It's not the best area for drivers due to CTE jam and exorbitant ERP. so must be prepared if others make more money, don't be red-eye. Also 99 yr LH with no chance of MRT EVER, so in recessionary times, will be hardest hit.
haha, what a boastful statement....

just read Farrer Court new condo will have 1500 units and the breakeven price would be around $1400 and its 99 yrs !!!!
i think capitaland should be more worried !!!!

so, all clover buyers, its not that bad.... if prices fall, it wont hit us that bad compared to others.....

Wake up
18-07-08, 14:47
Bishan has the highest household income in Singapore? You come from which planet? Bishan is not even a private property area with so many HDBs! No freehold land even, how to have highest income? Bishan residents have also been complaining that they bought the expensive HDB, now Redhill, Queenstown, Clementi, Holland V, Marine Parade, more expensive. It no longer fetch best price for HDB already. Time to wake up.

It a cycle..If you are staying then you just need to catch another cycle..
At least in Bishan rates the highest in terms of House hold income.
And HDB prices there is high :)

central
18-07-08, 14:57
Location is still central.... right in the middle of singapore....
Bishan will serve 2 MRT lines.....
and Bishan is popular because of good schools in its vicinity, notably Raffles Institution/JC and Cathalic High / Ai Tong.

I think its popular among middle income class.....

There's still 2 roads to the city, CTE and Thomson..
its not the best location, but where is in singapore nowadays as it gets more and more crowded....

goodie
18-07-08, 17:14

One moment you said "siong" to servicve bank loan, leaving little for savings next moment to have $1.0 mil cash....I think it is just wishful thinking. haha
I think with $1.0 mil cash you better retired and play golf la.

MRT
18-07-08, 17:33
Upside will be limited here though as MRT spring up in all the prime areas in next 5-10 years. But happy can already. those who bot the most expensive HDB/condos in 1996 in Bishan are still crying now - still negative equity after the boom. It's not the best area for drivers due to CTE jam and exorbitant ERP. so must be prepared if others make more money, don't be red-eye. Also 99 yr LH with no chance of MRT EVER, so in recessionary times, will be hardest hit.

why the infatuation with MRT?
Bukit Timah, Shelford Road, Meyer Road, Mohd Sultan dont have MRT also, yet value appreciated the most compared to next to MRT locations...

What if Bishan North Shopping centre gets a makeover? or Bishan Park not only has a revamped river line, but turns into something like Dempsey Hill, with restaurants and bars appearing.
It already has 3 restaurants and a spa.

Clover Penthouse
18-07-08, 18:18
Hi All Clover Fans,

Have purchased a penthouse at 39th floor, stack 15, facing bishan park at $779 psf.
Till date, i am still not very satisfied about this purchase because of the following reasons:
1) 99 yrs leasehold.
2) Condo surrounded by HDBs.

I am afraid that resale value will go down in 10-15 yrs.
What is your opinion?.
Thank You.

AgentKoh
18-07-08, 19:01

Rich people are abound.....

John
18-07-08, 21:06
Bishan North has bigger and more expensive HDB flats. As such, we do not see poor people begging in the food centres. However, we can see these poor people begging in older HDB estates. Bishan North shopping mall has 3 food centres which are of much better standard than other places including those in the city. Many HDB upgraders do not mind upgrading to private condos or apartments near HDB flats because they can make use of the amenities and they are not status conscious. If one is status conscious, he should buy a high end condo in a prime district without amenities.

Bishan
18-07-08, 21:40
Bishan has the highest household income in Singapore? You come from which planet? Bishan is not even a private property area with so many HDBs! No freehold land even, how to have highest income? Bishan residents have also been complaining that they bought the expensive HDB, now Redhill, Queenstown, Clementi, Holland V, Marine Parade, more expensive. It no longer fetch best price for HDB already. Time to wake up.

This is a report done every 5 years. The last done is in 2005. The landscape may have changed but it should not be too much.

The Business Times
Published June 21, 2005
By ALEXANDRA HO

BISHAN New Town, where flats used to fetch eye-popping resale prices during the property boom, has the richest HDB residents. But new towns such as Punggol and Sengkang, which were hardly around in 1998, are fast catching up, according to HDB's latest Sample Household Survey.

The five-yearly survey - the most recent was in 2003 - found that Bishan residents lead the wealth stakes with an average monthly household income of $5,891. Next come Pasir Ris residents, with $5,782. It then swings to the north-eastern HDB towns of Punggol ($5,256) and Sengkang ($5,025), with more young professionals with higher education levels and income setting up homes there. Rounding up the top five is another new town, Sembawang, with an average monthly household income of $4,696.

As for the highest monthly household income by flat type, executive HDB flat owners are right at the top with 20.3 per cent of them having monthly household income of $10,000 and more. That's almost a 5 per cent rise from 1998's figures. As for five-roomers, 10.4 per cent of them make $10,000 and above, roughly a 4 per cent increase.

The survey also found that more people living in HDB flats are owning them. Ownership of HDB flats reaches 97.1 per cent, from 95.2 per cent in 1998.

That tallies with the Department of Statistics' Household Expenditure Survey, which found that housing costs have replaced food as the largest household expenditure.

It could also have something to do with the rise in average monthly household income. From $3,719 in 1998, this had risen to $4,238 in 2003. Those living in bigger flat types actually reported a higher increase in their household income compared with those in one- and two-room flats, who actually saw a slight dip.

The number who live in government-subsidised flats in 2003 grows by 5.2 per cent to 2.84 million people. This accounts for 84 per cent of all Singaporeans. Most HDB flat owners tend to live in four-room flats - close to 40 per cent, or 312,529 households.

HDB also found a rising standard of living among residents, with more people owning consumer goods. For instance, ownership of DVD/ VCD/ VCR players has grown to 81.4 per cent, from 74 per cent, air-conditioners to 70 per cent from 57.6 per cent, and computers to 68.6 per cent from 49.3 per cent, with more than half of the households having internet access.

Household sizes continue to get smaller. An average household has 3.5 persons - a fall from 3.7 persons in 1998, which is, in turn, a fall from 6.2 persons in 1968, when the survey was first done.

The small households are concentrated in new towns, such as Punggol, and mature towns like Queenstown. Towns of intermediate age, for example, Choa Chu Kang, seem to escape that phenomenon.

Just like the general population, the ageing of HDB residents seems inevitable. In 2003, 7.6 per cent of HDB residents were elderly residents, while it was 7.2 per cent in 1998.

As Singapore continues to face a land crunch, HDB residents seem prepared to live in taller blocks of 40-storeys and above, with 31.9 per cent answering in the affirmative. HDB also found that the younger set are more receptive to the idea. Household income is another factor, with those earning more being more willing to live in taller blocks. Most say they would do so because of the good view and that it would be breezier.

Those households who said they intend to move in the next five years fell to 18.6 per cent from 35.7 per cent in the last survey. The age group that's the most likely to make changes - either through upgrading, downgrading or making a lateral move - are those between the ages of 35 and 39. As for the general HDB population, 65.5 per cent of those who made a change in residence did so to upgrade.

And despite the economic downturns in the last few years, more HDB residents said they are satisfied with their lives - 93.4 per cent, higher than the 89.1 per cent who said the same in 1998. 91 per cent also perceived themselves as middle class and above.

The HDB survey is done once every five years. So far, eight surveys have been done since 1968. In the 2003 survey, 7,300 households were involved.

Aiyoh
18-07-08, 21:41
They're different league and freehold lah. You buy leasehold aka HDB type of land meant for wannabes who cannot afford FH. Your area congestion like crazy. Got car also no use. No MRT, cannot drive. Leasehold. Surrounded by HDB. Not prestigious.

Incidentally, all those you name below will get future MRT! Freehold + MRT in the future.

why the infatuation with MRT?
Bukit Timah, Shelford Road, Meyer Road, Mohd Sultan dont have MRT also, yet value appreciated the most compared to next to MRT locations...

What if Bishan North Shopping centre gets a makeover? or Bishan Park not only has a revamped river line, but turns into something like Dempsey Hill, with restaurants and bars appearing.
It already has 3 restaurants and a spa.

Outdated
18-07-08, 21:45
So old report ah! The report only survey the HDB flats lah! Aiyoh! Sengkang, hougang, Pasir Ris and Bishan richest people in Singapore will make people laugh.....

This is a report done every 5 years. The last done is in 2005. The landscape may have changed but it should not be too much.

The Business Times
Published June 21, 2005
By ALEXANDRA HO

BISHAN New Town, where flats used to fetch eye-popping resale prices during the property boom, has the richest HDB residents. But new towns such as Punggol and Sengkang, which were hardly around in 1998, are fast catching up, according to HDB's latest Sample Household Survey.

The five-yearly survey - the most recent was in 2003 - found that Bishan residents lead the wealth stakes with an average monthly household income of $5,891. Next come Pasir Ris residents, with $5,782. It then swings to the north-eastern HDB towns of Punggol ($5,256) and Sengkang ($5,025), with more young professionals with higher education levels and income setting up homes there. Rounding up the top five is another new town, Sembawang, with an average monthly household income of $4,696.

As for the highest monthly household income by flat type, executive HDB flat owners are right at the top with 20.3 per cent of them having monthly household income of $10,000 and more. That's almost a 5 per cent rise from 1998's figures. As for five-roomers, 10.4 per cent of them make $10,000 and above, roughly a 4 per cent increase.

The survey also found that more people living in HDB flats are owning them. Ownership of HDB flats reaches 97.1 per cent, from 95.2 per cent in 1998.

That tallies with the Department of Statistics' Household Expenditure Survey, which found that housing costs have replaced food as the largest household expenditure.

It could also have something to do with the rise in average monthly household income. From $3,719 in 1998, this had risen to $4,238 in 2003. Those living in bigger flat types actually reported a higher increase in their household income compared with those in one- and two-room flats, who actually saw a slight dip.

The number who live in government-subsidised flats in 2003 grows by 5.2 per cent to 2.84 million people. This accounts for 84 per cent of all Singaporeans. Most HDB flat owners tend to live in four-room flats - close to 40 per cent, or 312,529 households.

HDB also found a rising standard of living among residents, with more people owning consumer goods. For instance, ownership of DVD/ VCD/ VCR players has grown to 81.4 per cent, from 74 per cent, air-conditioners to 70 per cent from 57.6 per cent, and computers to 68.6 per cent from 49.3 per cent, with more than half of the households having internet access.

Household sizes continue to get smaller. An average household has 3.5 persons - a fall from 3.7 persons in 1998, which is, in turn, a fall from 6.2 persons in 1968, when the survey was first done.

The small households are concentrated in new towns, such as Punggol, and mature towns like Queenstown. Towns of intermediate age, for example, Choa Chu Kang, seem to escape that phenomenon.

Just like the general population, the ageing of HDB residents seems inevitable. In 2003, 7.6 per cent of HDB residents were elderly residents, while it was 7.2 per cent in 1998.

As Singapore continues to face a land crunch, HDB residents seem prepared to live in taller blocks of 40-storeys and above, with 31.9 per cent answering in the affirmative. HDB also found that the younger set are more receptive to the idea. Household income is another factor, with those earning more being more willing to live in taller blocks. Most say they would do so because of the good view and that it would be breezier.

Those households who said they intend to move in the next five years fell to 18.6 per cent from 35.7 per cent in the last survey. The age group that's the most likely to make changes - either through upgrading, downgrading or making a lateral move - are those between the ages of 35 and 39. As for the general HDB population, 65.5 per cent of those who made a change in residence did so to upgrade.

And despite the economic downturns in the last few years, more HDB residents said they are satisfied with their lives - 93.4 per cent, higher than the 89.1 per cent who said the same in 1998. 91 per cent also perceived themselves as middle class and above.

The HDB survey is done once every five years. So far, eight surveys have been done since 1968. In the 2003 survey, 7,300 households were involved.

AGENTKoh
18-07-08, 21:50
So old report ah! The report only survey the HDB flats lah! Aiyoh! Sengkang, hougang, Pasir Ris and Bishan richest people in Singapore will make people laugh.....

HA HA....

Why people spent so much on a clover condo.... so cramp....on small plot of land....

CTE jam like nobody business

No regrets
18-07-08, 21:50
Buy already don't regret. Not much upside but happy can already. It's interesting people buy 99LH private property at HDB area - it's like neither here nor there. You must be HDB upgrader. If make money next time, can upgrade to more exclusive and freehold lor. Hopefully the prices won't become out of reach by then.

Hi All Clover Fans,

Have purchased a penthouse at 39th floor, stack 15, facing bishan park at $779 psf.
Till date, i am still not very satisfied about this purchase because of the following reasons:
1) 99 yrs leasehold.

What is your opinion?.
Thank You.

AGENTKoh
18-07-08, 21:58
Buy already don't regret. Not much upside but happy can already. It's interesting people buy 99LH private property at HDB area - it's like neither here nor there. You must be HDB upgrader. If make money next time, can upgrade to more exclusive and freehold lor. Hopefully the prices won't become out of reach by then.

Aiyo... like staying in HDB again... dun u think so?????

home-run
18-07-08, 22:18
haiz agentkoh, if u have a bit of class, dun criticize other developer's project.

there are lots of happy buyers at clover.
there are lots of sour grapes out there too.( are u one of them?)

if u can afford it, u like it, buy it.
otherwise look for something else.
:doh:

Sage1
18-07-08, 22:27
Also, too many units. 600+units? OMG!!!!!

With $779 psf, you could have bought a resale freehold at a reasonable good location with potential (e.g. future MRT, masterplan areas). You and your family can immediate enjoy the full condo facilities. If you don't need to move in, you can immediately be cash flow positive through your rental yield. Assuming it is a large penthouse unit, your rent per month can be easily $5k. For 3 years it is easily $180k of rental revenue for you. You bought a 99LH property in an HDB estate with too many units (lack exclusivity) and still have to wait 3 years for your property to complete. This can't be too wise a decision.

Hi All Clover Fans,

1) 99 yrs leasehold.

What is your opinion?.
Thank You.

Farrer
18-07-08, 22:57
Also, too many units. 600+units? OMG!!!!!

With $779 psf, you could have bought a resale freehold at a reasonable good location with potential (e.g. future MRT, masterplan areas). You and your family can immediate enjoy the full condo facilities. If you don't need to move in, you can immediately be cash flow positive through your rental yield. Assuming it is a large penthouse unit, your rent per month can be easily $5k. For 3 years it is easily $180k of rental revenue for you. You bought a 99LH property in an HDB estate with too many units (lack exclusivity) and still have to wait 3 years for your property to complete. This can't be too wise a decision.

You aiyoh this aiyoh that.... Ong Beng Seng ask you to buy his 99yrs wavey condo at Farrer Road at $1500 psft leh... u dont have to rush, coz he has 1500 units sial !
and i heard Farrer Rd also always jam.....
how like that?

Upgrader
18-07-08, 23:02
Aiyo... like staying in HDB again... dun u think so?????

There are ppl who loves old estates....
People in Seranggoon upgrade to Sunglade coz condo facilities but same location mah.....
alot of whampoa HDB upgraders also upgrade to many condos around there coz they love it there....
Do you think ppl at The Qualtz are HDB upgraders? Considering the HDBs there looks so damn fine !!!

Sometimes its the location. I want my kids to go to Raffles or Catholic High, i want a park view, i want to pay cheap maintainence like HDB..... so.. i buy clover lor.....

Unregistered123
18-07-08, 23:02
Hi All Clover Fans,

1) 99 yrs leasehold.

What is your opinion?.
Thank You.

If you have enough spare money, why worry?. If you like it, then buy it.
People like AgentKoh can only talk nonsense.

Bad traffic
18-07-08, 23:08
Farrer traffic cannot beat the infamous CTE.

Someone mention Bishan Park can become all the hip places in the west like Dempsey, Goodwood, Portsdown etc. For these places to thrive, it must have the following attibutes

1) Good traffic - the target crowd are the motorists. Driving down Holland, Bukit Timah, Buona Vista - traffic is usually good. However, CTE is a nightmare. When a person wants to chill-out, the last thing he wants is to be stuck in traffic jam! Also, motorists don't like to be ripped off by exorbitant evening ERP charges when they go chillout.

2) Easy free parking - Those Dempsey/Goodwood/Portsdown etc. are all private property areas with lots of free parking. Bishan Park doesn't have.

For the above reasons, The Bishan Park chillout place will only attract people in Bishan - not enough business. They will not thrive. There is a reason why all the good food and chill out places are in the west.

You aiyoh this aiyoh that.... Ong Beng Seng ask you to buy his 99yrs wavey condo at Farrer Road at $1500 psft leh... u dont have to rush, coz he has 1500 units sial !
and i heard Farrer Rd also always jam.....
how like that?

No diff
18-07-08, 23:12
Only primary school look at the proximity to your home. RI is secondary school leh - they look at results only. So staying in Bishan doesn't give u advantage in entering RI. No diff.

More impt to be near good primary schools.

There are ppl who loves old estates....
People in Seranggoon upgrade to Sunglade coz condo facilities but same location mah.....
alot of whampoa HDB upgraders also upgrade to many condos around there coz they love it there....
Do you think ppl at The Qualtz are HDB upgraders? Considering the HDBs there looks so damn fine !!!

Sometimes its the location. I want my kids to go to Raffles or Catholic High, i want a park view, i want to pay cheap maintainence like HDB..... so.. i buy clover lor.....

CTE
18-07-08, 23:14
i guess CTE is not the only way out of bishan...
with the widening project plus opening of KPE, lets see how it lessen the congestion...

ERP, cannot predict, it will be everywhere eventually.

well, i wouldnt want a chill out place where the whole singapore will come to.
the word chill out means.. somewhere i come home to to chill.....

Upp Thomson Rd is already reinventing itself to be a Holland V.....
Lets see what Bishan Park will be like after the River makeover....

chill out in West? havent heard of any except sunset way......
again, i think its for ppl from the west only...

its the same for Siglap.... its quite chill out but caters for easterners....
i live in north east and hardly go there.... perhaps once a year....

Upgrader
18-07-08, 23:17
Only primary school look at the proximity to your home. RI is secondary school leh - they look at results only. So staying in Bishan doesn't give u advantage in entering RI. No diff.

More impt to be near good primary schools.

Yes, i have 2 boys... i hope within 1km they can get into Catholic High.....
and after PSLE, maybe they can choose Catholic or Raffles....
anyway, my reasons can be totally different from yours....

ONG
18-07-08, 23:30
Farrer traffic cannot beat the infamous CTE.

Someone mention Bishan Park can become all the hip places in the west like Dempsey, Goodwood, Portsdown etc. For these places to thrive, it must have the following attibutes

1) Good traffic - the target crowd are the motorists. Driving down Holland, Bukit Timah, Buona Vista - traffic is usually good. However, CTE is a nightmare. When a person wants to chill-out, the last thing he wants is to be stuck in traffic jam! Also, motorists don't like to be ripped off by exorbitant evening ERP charges when they go chillout.

2) Easy free parking - Those Dempsey/Goodwood/Portsdown etc. are all private property areas with lots of free parking. Bishan Park doesn't have.

For the above reasons, The Bishan Park chillout place will only attract people in Bishan - not enough business. They will not thrive. There is a reason why all the good food and chill out places are in the west.

You talk like its still justifiable to go for the new Farrer project at double the price? Come on !!!
Traffic there sucks as well... the only winners are Farrer court residents who got 2.15mil each....
1500 units will take YEARS to sell...

why Farrer
18-07-08, 23:35
You talk like its still justifiable to go for the new Farrer project at double the price? Come on !!!
Traffic there sucks as well... the only winners are Farrer court residents who got 2.15mil each....
1500 units will take YEARS to sell...

in addition, estimated PSF range from $1300 to $1400...how many ppl can afford?

Chill
18-07-08, 23:40
KPE confirm has 16 gantries. Every KM one gantry.

You not familiar with the west/northwest? The chillout place are there. Greenwood, Sixth Ave, Portsdown, Gillman Village, Dempsey, Harding, Rochester etc etc.

i guess CTE is not the only way out of bishan...
with the widening project plus opening of KPE, lets see how it lessen the congestion...

ERP, cannot predict, it will be everywhere eventually.

well, i wouldnt want a chill out place where the whole singapore will come to.
the word chill out means.. somewhere i come home to to chill.....

Upp Thomson Rd is already reinventing itself to be a Holland V.....
Lets see what Bishan Park will be like after the River makeover....

chill out in West? havent heard of any except sunset way......
again, i think its for ppl from the west only...

its the same for Siglap.... its quite chill out but caters for easterners....
i live in north east and hardly go there.... perhaps once a year....

Farrer Court
18-07-08, 23:45
Actually Clover buyers should prefer to see the new Farrer Court successful. This is a landmark 99 years LH enbloc case. If the developer cannot make money on this 99yr enbloc even though they intensify the plot by so much, then other built-to-the-brim 99LH condos like Clover can say buy buy to enbloc already - with no enbloc prospect, the 99LH properties can only go one way - down. It's like buying a depreciating asset.

Clover King
18-07-08, 23:59
Rich people are abound.....

Looks like there are lots of bullshitters in this forum. Some earning combine 20K , some 30K. Sure or not, if really earn so much, why buy Clover, should go and buy St Regis. I think these are all ppl with inferiority complex and like building castle in the air. I believe their earning must be in Ringgit or Thai Bahts.

Seriously, there are also lots of sour grapes in this forum who cannot afford to buy and out of jealousy, pray that prices will drop. Whats wrong with buying an expensive condo in the hearts of HDB. Not only can you enjoy the amenities, proximity of public transport and the convenience of marketing, you are seen as the elite amongst the estate. Like one said in 10 years time, our building will be the most modern and majestic within the whle of Bishan. Envy for all you want those losers who have missed out on this opportunity and KUDOS to all the proud owners. Go CLOVER GO

Curious
19-07-08, 00:53
Agreed with Clover King and buying a condo is not only for investment purpose. Go with your means and feel on the project, like it and buy it if able to afford.

Personally, love the area so much and still have not decide which unit to get.

noblebaby
19-07-08, 01:03
Agreed with Clover King and buying a condo is not only for investment purpose. Go with your means and feel on the project, like it and buy it if able to afford.

all units fully launched? still wait?

Clover King
19-07-08, 01:08
Alas there is someone who is as wise as me....hehe

Seriously, you should take action when your mind are made up as long as you do not need to beg steal or borrow. Buy the unit of your choice at the location of your desire, you can never go wrong. Worst case, you can always rent it out and go in auto cruise with self-financing. Think on the bright side, amongst all the popular Asian countries, Singapore properties are the lowest compared to HK, Taiwan and Japan. This factor alone provide lots of rooms and justification for propery appreciation. Singapore is slowly and surely ovetaking HK & Tokyo as the preferred location for most MNC companies and expatriates and with the govt projection to have a population of 6 millions by 2010 and its growing popularity as the regional hub for almost everything, 2 integrated resorts, F1 host, Medical Hub, Aero Hub, AMK HUB, Toa Payoh HUB, Star HUB, it can only mean one thing................Housing Upside Bullish (HUB)

Clover Queen
19-07-08, 01:10
Alas there is someone who is as wise as me....hehe

Seriously, you should take action when your mind are made up as long as you do not need to beg steal or borrow. Buy the unit of your choice at the location of your desire, you can never go wrong. Worst case, you can always rent it out and go in auto cruise with self-financing. Think on the bright side, amongst all the popular Asian countries, Singapore properties are the lowest compared to HK, Taiwan and Japan. This factor alone provide lots of rooms and justification for propery appreciation. Singapore is slowly and surely ovetaking HK & Tokyo as the preferred location for most MNC companies and expatriates and with the govt projection to have a population of 6 millions by 2010 and its growing popularity as the regional hub for almost everything, 2 integrated resorts, F1 host, Medical Hub, Aero Hub, AMK HUB, Toa Payoh HUB, Star HUB, it can only mean one thing................Housing Upside Bullish (HUB)

I agree fully with Clover King. Looks like we are a couple King and Queen. Wonder if we are actually neighbour like next to one another....

Curious
19-07-08, 01:14
Yes yes ... should be going over the weekend.

BTW, what is auto cruise with self financing ??? Very new to me ????

Clover King
19-07-08, 01:17
Yes yes ... should be going over the weekend.

BTW, what is auto cruise with self financing ??? Very new to me ????

Auto-cruise self financing means the rental you get from your unit is enough to pay for the loan monthly installment......

AGENTKoh
19-07-08, 07:14
Looks like there are lots of bullshitters in this forum. Some earning combine 20K , some 30K. Sure or not, if really earn so much, why buy Clover, should go and buy St Regis. I think these are all ppl with inferiority complex and like building castle in the air. I believe their earning must be in Ringgit or Thai Bahts.

Seriously, there are also lots of sour grapes in this forum who cannot afford to buy and out of jealousy, pray that prices will drop. Whats wrong with buying an expensive condo in the hearts of HDB. Not only can you enjoy the amenities, proximity of public transport and the convenience of marketing, you are seen as the elite amongst the estate. Like one said in 10 years time, our building will be the most modern and majestic within the whle of Bishan. Envy for all you want those losers who have missed out on this opportunity and KUDOS to all the proud owners. Go CLOVER GO

A couple combined income 20-30K a month is very common now.

AGENTKoh
19-07-08, 07:16

People are simply mad paying so much for a condo in HDB area. Livia prices more acceptable.

AGENTKoh
19-07-08, 07:20
People are simply mad paying so much for a condo in HDB area. Livia prices more acceptable.

CTE jam is madness..... not even near MRT.

Livia - cheaper... bigger condo area....more facilities...20% cheaper.... nearer MRT.... go buy!

Elden
19-07-08, 08:50
Well, I like Clover cos its bigger and I like the Bishan area. Its not so easy to find new condo launch with 4 bedroom units that are over 1730 sq feet nowadays.

Livia Ulu
19-07-08, 08:51

Livia - cheaper... bigger condo area....more facilities...20% cheaper.... nearer MRT.... go buy!

hahah, sounds like u bought Livia and trying to convince yourself that its a better buy than Clover?
come on..... they are both different.....

If you have stayed in Bishan, you will know that Clover to Bishan MRT is just 3 bus stops away and there are 4-5 buses that passes Bishan St 22. Hardly have to wait.
Since they will launch season pass for MRT and buses, it wont cost any more to hop a ride here and there....
Not forgetting there will be a shuttle bus as well....

i think its true combined income around 15-20k nowadays, but to hit 30k its really top bracket liao....
my agent told me some buyers were from en bloc homes..... so it appears there are ppl willing to relocate to bishan to face the park and chill.....

cl0ver
19-07-08, 09:00
KPE confirm has 16 gantries. Every KM one gantry.

You not familiar with the west/northwest? The chillout place are there. Greenwood, Sixth Ave, Portsdown, Gillman Village, Dempsey, Harding, Rochester etc etc.

interesting.. i have never been to all those except Dempsey which i would regard more central than west and Rochester....
the rest, never been.....

but my point is, some ppl from Livia may say Changi Village is a chill out place...

AgentKoh
19-07-08, 13:42
interesting.. i have never been to all those except Dempsey which i would regard more central than west and Rochester....
the rest, never been.....

but my point is, some ppl from Livia may say Changi Village is a chill out place...

Livia sells better than clover. The fact shows.

Clover is nothing but overpriced HDB flat. ... so much wastage in balcony and planter box. Developer pay nothing for them.. yet charge u residents.

Livia is resort style. Clover .. dunno what concept.

Bad traffic
19-07-08, 13:59
Agreed. The jam is pure madness, can't even move. The worst part is weekend is the same. It's stressful staying there. I guess for non-driver it's okay bah, but 3 stops to MRT also not attractive. I mean why spend so much time walking, travelling, waiting for buses, reach bus stop, walk to mrt from bus stop etc.? Driving is still the best, so most drivers will avoid this place. Non drivers also won't like the place becos so inconvenient to MRT. If rain then jia lat man.

Explorer
19-07-08, 14:08
Try to travel to other parts of Singapore and widen your horizon. The northern part of SG appreciates the least during the last boom. Going by masterplan 2008, the focus areas are the west, kallang, northwest etc. It appears most Clover buyers are the HDB upgraders/Chinese PR in Bishan who have not been much to other parts of SG. Not trying to say Bishan is no good, but sometimes it's actually fun/interesting experiencing other parts of SG, and there is a reason why Bishan's properties are still in negative equity and other places have gone up higher than 1996 prices. The East has the beach, the northwest has the central nature reserves.

Interested Buyer
19-07-08, 15:32

Think it is even more mad... paying > 500K for a AMK designed by private developers HDB. Might as well... buy Clover.

In any case... it is madness to pay anything more than 500K for a HDB flat....

Interested Buyer
19-07-08, 15:34

Thot 30K a month is already norm nowadays for a high flying young couple in their early 30s.

Unregistered123
19-07-08, 15:35
Livia sells better than clover. The fact shows.

Clover is nothing but overpriced HDB flat. ... so much wastage in balcony and planter box. Developer pay nothing for them.. yet charge u residents.

Livia is resort style. Clover .. dunno what concept.

AgentKoh, if you think Livia is better choice than Clover, then OK, nothing wrong with it. But please also appreciate other people's preference.
It is ridiculous that you continuously bad mouthing others.
I personally think that you should do a mental checkup.

Unregistered123
19-07-08, 15:38
Thot 30K a month is already norm nowadays for a high flying young couple in their early 30s.

Just curious, how many percent of middle-class singapore earns a total of 30K per month?.

Clover King
19-07-08, 15:44
Agreed. The jam is pure madness, can't even move. The worst part is weekend is the same. It's stressful staying there. I guess for non-driver it's okay bah, but 3 stops to MRT also not attractive. I mean why spend so much time walking, travelling, waiting for buses, reach bus stop, walk to mrt from bus stop etc.? Driving is still the best, so most drivers will avoid this place. Non drivers also won't like the place becos so inconvenient to MRT. If rain then jia lat man.

True, the CTE is a bit congested and consistent slow moving traffic is common throughout the day but you tell which expressway, apart from KJE and TPE are not affected by heavy traffic. Moral of the story is buying a place of your dream is not determine by just the traffic condition and whether it is near HDB. I just dont understand why ppl do not see the positives of living near HDB. Not trying to be bias (just because I am a owner of Clover) but speaking from facts and these are:

1. Bishan is considered a centre location. With the circle line, travel to each part of SG is about the same time.

2. Being the highest condo in the vicnity give you that special edge. In comparison, if you own an apartment in Orchard, having the same condo height does not differentiate you from the others

3. Like they say in the kingdom of the blind, one eye jack rule

4. There are at least 6 bus services (to and fro) that passes the Clover and just about 3 stops away from the MRT. Not to mention there is a 30 minutes regular shuttle bus service provided by the condo

5. Statistically, the HDB in Bishan is considered more of the medium to upper class (only lost out to those in town and very close to the more matured Toa Payoh)

6. The developer Sim Lian itself is a Construction Company and they do not outsourced their construction to other contractors, hence quality and deliverables are more guaranteed, since their reputation is on the line. Unlike the other Developer, these are mostly outsourced to other Construction Co who doesnt give a hood about reputation and only interested in getting their pay at the end of project

7. In SG, how many parks are there where you can find a 40 storey condo just next to it, not to mention the refurbished "RIVER" just next to it slated for completion by end 2009

8. Although the price is a bit pricy (ranging from 690 - 877 psf), the upside potential is definitely better than those condo at the extreme end of SG e.g. Livia. Dont forget during the 90's Bishan 8 fetched $1000 psf and recent transaction involving the Rafflesia also manage to fetched about 850-950 psf

9. Advantages of proximity to HDB are important as it provide accessibility to ameneties (market, food court, shops, Singapore Pools, malay barber, banks, neighbour hood police, schools, bus-stop, MRT), which you cannot find in Orchard areas

10. The list can go on and on but I have to stop here lest ppl may think i am working for Sim Lian or OrangeTee

clover king
19-07-08, 15:49
True, the CTE is a bit congested and consistent slow moving traffic is common throughout the day but you tell which expressway, apart from KJE and TPE are not affected by heavy traffic. Moral of the story is buying a place of your dream is not determine by just the traffic condition and whether it is near HDB. I just dont understand why ppl do not see the positives of living near HDB. Not trying to be bias (just because I am a owner of Clover) but speaking from facts and these are:

1. Bishan is considered a centre location. With the circle line, travel to each part of SG is about the same time.

2. Being the highest condo in the vicnity give you that special edge. In comparison, if you own an apartment in Orchard, having the same condo height does not differentiate you from the others

3. Like they say in the kingdom of the blind, one eye jack rule

4. There are at least 6 bus services (to and fro) that passes the Clover and just about 3 stops away from the MRT. Not to mention there is a 30 minutes regular shuttle bus service provided by the condo

5. Statistically, the HDB in Bishan is considered more of the medium to upper class (only lost out to those in town and very close to the more matured Toa Payoh)

6. The developer Sim Lian itself is a Construction Company and they do not outsourced their construction to other contractors, hence quality and deliverables are more guaranteed, since their reputation is on the line. Unlike the other Developer, these are mostly outsourced to other Construction Co who doesnt give a hood about reputation and only interested in getting their pay at the end of project

7. In SG, how many parks are there where you can find a 40 storey condo just next to it, not to mention the refurbished "RIVER" just next to it slated for completion by end 2009

8. Although the price is a bit pricy (ranging from 690 - 877 psf), the upside potential is definitely better than those condo at the extreme end of SG e.g. Livia. Dont forget during the 90's Bishan 8 fetched $1000 psf and recent transaction involving the Rafflesia also manage to fetched about 850-950 psf

9. Advantages of proximity to HDB are important as it provide accessibility to ameneties (market, food court, shops, Singapore Pools, malay barber, banks, neighbour hood police, schools, bus-stop, MRT), which you cannot find in Orchard areas

10. The list can go on and on but I have to stop here lest ppl may think i am working for Sim Lian or OrangeTee

Missed out the 2 most important points

11. Maintenance is only $165 per month

12. The total land area occupied by the 2 towers is only less than 20% of the total land area. Which mean 80% are communal areas. Unlike Livia and Kovan, whose percentage are 50% and 65% respectively.

Unregistered57
19-07-08, 16:52

You have made your point clear on why you prefer all other condo developments than clover but please show some respect other clover buyers here. Don't assume all the people who don't share the same view as you have "no sound mind" . Everybody have their own preference, it is their money not yours, why do you care if they spend it on something you don't like?

Sour Grape Blender
19-07-08, 19:00

AgentKOh if you cannot afford Clover, then you can go buy a unit in Livia.
I dun think the people who bought a unit in Clover bought because of the price.

BTW, Bishan is definetly more accessible than Pasir Ris to town and also less than 5 minutes walk to the AMK market opposite.

Passerby
19-07-08, 21:29
AgentKOh if you cannot afford Clover, then you can go buy a unit in Livia.
I dun think the people who bought a unit in Clover bought because of the price.

BTW, Bishan is definetly more accessible than Pasir Ris to town and also less than 5 minutes walk to the AMK market opposite.

AgentKoh, I know you are a sales agent at Livia. Each project has its merits... but each individual like different area and condo concept. Pse refrain from making too personalised comments. I like Clover... but the CTE jam pushes me away. Still looking area...

Passerby
19-07-08, 21:29
Just curious, how many percent of middle-class singapore earns a total of 30K per month?.

Wah mann.... are you sure??????

I am super under paid then.

Passerby
19-07-08, 21:31
Missed out the 2 most important points

11. Maintenance is only $165 per month

12. The total land area occupied by the 2 towers is only less than 20% of the total land area. Which mean 80% are communal areas. Unlike Livia and Kovan, whose percentage are 50% and 65% respectively.

Be objective... on a area per resident basis.... Clover is very crowded vs Livia.

kal
19-07-08, 21:36

Very common?? u mean SGD or RGT huh?? Maybe u secret agent like 007 la..:2cents:

Elden
19-07-08, 21:50
My 2 cents. Do you want to be the big fish in a small pond, or a small fry in a big pond? For me, I know I can't afford to live in or near the city where units are costing over $1000 psf. (At least not if I want a decent sized unit instead of super small one).

Bishan may have HDB surrounding it. But there is nothing wrong with that. It just means if you live in clover, you are the "big fish" in a small pond. I mean, just the height alone means you will tower over most of the rest.
You also get all the amenities that they will build for HDB nearby. So all those coffee shops, clinics, etc.

Alternatively, you can choose to buy for the same amount of money, a super small, super expensive unit near the city. And everyone living there as your neighbours are going to be much richer than you!

So, do you want to live in a neighbourhood where you are the "small fry", where everyone is so much more rich than you and are going to look down on you? Or do you want to live in neighbourhood where you are considered "big fish", where you are probably richer than most of the other people. Where nobody is going to look down on you.

I don't want my kids next time to come back home and tell me "Why our neighbour got 3 cars? Can we have 3 also?"

petty
19-07-08, 21:58
My 2 cents. Do you want to be the big fish in a small pond, or a small fry in a big pond? For me, I know I can't afford to live in or near the city where units are costing over $1000 psf. (At least not if I want a decent sized unit instead of super small one).

Bishan may have HDB surrounding it. But there is nothing wrong with that. It just means if you live in clover, you are the "big fish" in a small pond. I mean, just the height alone means you will tower over most of the rest.
You also get all the amenities that they will build for HDB nearby. So all those coffee shops, clinics, etc.

Alternatively, you can choose to buy for the same amount of money, a super small, super expensive unit near the city. And everyone living there as your neighbours are going to be much richer than you!

So, do you want to live in a neighbourhood where you are the "small fry", where everyone is so much more rich than you and are going to look down on you? Or do you want to live in neighbourhood where you are considered "big fish", where you are probably richer than most of the other people. Where nobody is going to look down on you.

I don't want my kids next time to come back home and tell me "Why our neighbour got 3 cars? Can we have 3 also?"

life is short to worry about such petty issues

clover738
19-07-08, 22:03
After visiting Clover, I crossed to the Bishan North Mall to take a look. There are clinics, dentists, coffee shops, hair salons, supermarket, tuition centres, convenience stores etc. It is true that Clover is within a HDB estate, and one may argue against the exclusivity of that area for a condo.

But at the end, I strongly believe these conveniences will count for a lot especially if you are buying to stay. I cannot imagine staying somewhere so exclusive but then I have to drive out to buy supper. Or when the children are sick you have to drive out somewhere to see a doctor. Then, again, I must be honest to say that I cannot afford that kind of exclusive area any way.

Look at the map of Singapore, and Clover seats almost right in the centre of the island.

So on the balance, I think Clover does provide the niceness of a private home, but with all round amenities, including great schools.

Passerby
19-07-08, 22:34
After visiting Clover, I crossed to the Bishan North Mall to take a look. There are clinics, dentists, coffee shops, hair salons, supermarket, tuition centres, convenience stores etc. It is true that Clover is within a HDB estate, and one may argue against the exclusivity of that area for a condo.

But at the end, I strongly believe these conveniences will count for a lot especially if you are buying to stay. I cannot imagine staying somewhere so exclusive but then I have to drive out to buy supper. Or when the children are sick you have to drive out somewhere to see a doctor. Then, again, I must be honest to say that I cannot afford that kind of exclusive area any way.

Look at the map of Singapore, and Clover seats almost right in the centre of the island.

So on the balance, I think Clover does provide the niceness of a private home, but with all round amenities, including great schools.

well said...

i luv colver
19-07-08, 23:06

Fully agreed. My friend brought a unit in Blossom where the amenities are quite far away....and has to drive out for lunch/dinner...for clover, everythings you need are just across the street....

Agent sabo king
19-07-08, 23:18

Agent Koh, are you an agent represnting Livia? if yes, pls give me your contact no...i'm yet to visit Livia and i will contact you when i'm there....pretend interested..let u sell 'koyo' for 2 hours and at the end of the day...tell u i'm already bought an unit in Clover and not interested in Livia...piss off...haha

clover
19-07-08, 23:25

Hi..well said and fully agreed...I have also bought a unit at stack 5...people is saying CTE jam....tell me which Expressway NO Jam....the rule is the Govt is putting up so many ERP here and there now...and you think driving in S'pore can "ran" away from ERP...yes..only if you stay in Ubin..haha..
As for Livia....price is cheaper no doubt..but think of location...next to TPE and "within" walking distance to Pasir Ris MRT...pls go see SMRT map and see for yourself..where is Pasir Ris MRT as compare to Bishan!! Bishan is just abt 10+min ride on MRT to Orchard. Cheers to all Clover buyer.

Unregistered000
19-07-08, 23:26

U talking cock? Livia not in HDB area meh? they are totally two diff project attracting diff crowd....if u working in Tuas, do u consider Livia?

clover
19-07-08, 23:28
Hi..well said and fully agreed...I have also bought a unit at stack 5...people is saying CTE jam....tell me which Expressway NO Jam....the rule is the Govt is putting up so many ERP here and there now...and you think driving in S'pore can "ran" away from ERP...yes..only if you stay in Ubin..haha..
As for Livia....price is cheaper no doubt..but think of location...next to TPE and "within" walking distance to Pasir Ris MRT...pls go see SMRT map and see for yourself..where is Pasir Ris MRT as compare to Bishan!! Bishan is just abt 10+min ride on MRT to Orchard. Cheers to all Clover buyer.

BTW...regret acting too slow..was oversea during the soft launch and miss out on the stack 16. Nevertheless, like stack 5 as much :)

clover
19-07-08, 23:33
U talking cock? Livia not in HDB area meh? they are totally two diff project attracting diff crowd....if u working in Tuas, do u consider Livia?

hahaha...totally agreed with you..the only good thing about staying in Pasir Ris is you are near to Changi airport...btw..TPE is also jam every morning from Punggol to Pasir Ris...and if going by PIE...it will Jam fron Tampanies to Paya Lebar in the morning as well....Singpaore is now virtually Jam everywhere.....

i luv colver
19-07-08, 23:34

cheers bro...we're 'vertical' neighbour....if scare jam/ERP...then don't drive lah....frankly speaking, the ERP at CTE did help to ease the jam a bit as compared to the old times....

clover
19-07-08, 23:37
cheers bro...we're 'vertical' neighbour....if scare jam/ERP...then don't drive lah....frankly speaking, the ERP at CTE did help to ease the jam a bit as compared to the old times....

totally agreed...as long as "PXX" is around...one day the moment you drive your car out of your house..you'll kana ERP.:scared-4: .haha.. Cheers :doh:

clover
19-07-08, 23:39
Agent Koh, are you an agent represnting Livia? if yes, pls give me your contact no...i'm yet to visit Livia and i will contact you when i'm there....pretend interested..let u sell 'koyo' for 2 hours and at the end of the day...tell u i'm already bought an unit in Clover and not interested in Livia...piss off...haha

yaya..post your contact here and your hp will sure ring 24/7!!!

i luv colver
20-07-08, 00:17
hahaha...totally agreed with you..the only good thing about staying in Pasir Ris is you are near to Changi airport...btw..TPE is also jam every morning from Punggol to Pasir Ris...and if going by PIE...it will Jam fron Tampanies to Paya Lebar in the morning as well....Singpaore is now virtually Jam everywhere.....

absolutely....ECP is the worst.........

chang er (Moon Fairy)
20-07-08, 00:32
Agent Koh, you seem to complain lots about JAM. Why not shift to the moon and be my neighbour.There surely no JAM one......you are assured of exclusivity, no HDB, no JAM, no ...........

Unregistered23
20-07-08, 00:42
That is so insecure. Might as well say you like you live in slum area, because it makes you feel richer than your neighbour. So important to feel richer than neighbours meh? So Clover is amongst poorer HDB, so you can hao lian to your HDB neighours as compared to exclusive private estates? This is 1st time I here this kind of logic. But if you need to feel more successful than others in appearance, then I guess Bishan a HDB public housing estate would suit you well.

In terms of traffic, west side is the best. West would include Bukit Timah, Holland, Upper Bukit Timah, West Coast, Alexander, Dover etc. Best traffic with minimal jam. For those think other area's jam as bad as CTE, I can confirm and chop CTE has the WORST jam. PIE and AYE is much better. But I guess if your main aim is to haolian amongst HDB people, then those areas above which are strictly private will be off your radar. Some of the FH condos in these areas are really quite affordable, if you look hard enough :)

Unregistered guy
20-07-08, 08:52
i was told single storey suite is impressive and it stands at around 3100sqft.
someone here says its $779/sqft so that works out $2.4mil for a LH condo!! Wow!, that's expensive to me.

Few weeks ago, we viewed a FH landed house in Seragoon for $2.1mil. And it has a total floor area of 3500sqft. second hand though but still quite well furnished. that should saves us a bit on reno.

i lived in Sin Ming area for past 3 years and i love it!! i am also surrounded by many HDB flats and frankly, that is a good thing. Amenities are all walking distance. we spent most of our evening in Bishan parks or nearby reservoirs park. Clover is certainly a better location than serangoon.

There are 2 types of penthouse....
38th floor which is horizontal penthouse... means it occupies 2 stacks that gives you 6 bedrooms!!
and the other is the 39th + 40th floor which is the vertical penthouse..

sadly, all sold out during first day i believe.....

Unregistered*
20-07-08, 09:14
Fully agreed. My friend brought a unit in Blossom where the amenities are quite far away....and has to drive out for lunch/dinner...for clover, everythings you need are just across the street....

Hello, want to die yah? There r Blossom pple in this thread ok. Got leasehold dont criticize other condo lah. No wonder your thread always got pple criticizing make fun of Clover....

Elden
20-07-08, 09:20
That is so insecure. Might as well say you like you live in slum area, because it makes you feel richer than your neighbour. So important to feel richer than neighbours meh? So Clover is amongst poorer HDB, so you can hao lian to your HDB neighours as compared to exclusive private estates? This is 1st time I here this kind of logic. But if you need to feel more successful than others in appearance, then I guess Bishan a HDB public housing estate would suit you well.

I won't haolian other people. But I don't want other people to come and haolian me also mah. I am one of those that are planning to take a bus, then take MRT to work. So, the last thing I want is for people with lots of cars to come and haolian me.

Indirectly, this is called peer pressure. If you live in a very rich area (because all the houses there are rich), then you will feel peer pressure because everyone around you are constantly showing off their wealth.
I grew up in HDB, and I like staying in HDB estate. So, I don't see anything wrong with staying in the midst of one, nor would I look down on HDBers at all! I don't see the need to flaunt one's wealth. And I don't really like others showing off either.

Its very different to live in a condo amidst amidst HDB estate vs living in Bukit Timah or at 6th Avenue. For me, I actually like staying in a Condo amodst a HDB estate. :) So, I don't understand why people say surrounded by HDB is such a bad thing. To me, that was actually one of the plus points of Clover! :)

harlow
20-07-08, 09:23
I won't haolian other people. But I don't want other people to come and haolian me also mah. I am one of those that are planning to take a bus, then take MRT to work. So, the last thing I want is for people with lots of cars to come and haolian me.

Indirectly, this is called peer pressure. If you live in a very rich area (because all the houses there are rich), then you will feel peer pressure because everyone around you are constantly showing off their wealth.
I grew up in HDB, and I like staying in HDB estate. So, I don't see anything wrong with staying in the midst of one, nor would I look down on HDBers at all! I don't see the need to flaunt one's wealth. And I don't really like others showing off either.

Its very different to live in a condo amidst amidst HDB estate vs living in Bukit Timah or at 6th Avenue. For me, I actually like staying in a Condo amodst a HDB estate. :) So, I don't understand why people say surrounded by HDB is such a bad thing. To me, that was actually one of the plus points of Clover! :)

amenities avail in HDB estate. But nowadays, HDB standards are quite good... not much difference from low end condos.

CloverBicycle
20-07-08, 13:03
amenities avail in HDB estate. But nowadays, HDB standards are quite good... not much difference from low end condos.
I notice the difference btw staying in condo and HDB.
Just look at the bicycles chained at the void deck of HDB and those lock at the base of condominium.....even if the condo is surrounded by HDB flats.????

cl0ver
20-07-08, 14:31
wow, a lot of interesting posts...

first of all, AgentKoh is probably a buyer or agent in Livia, let him say what he wants. We all know Livia has more units than Clover.... and its cheaper because its all the way in Pasir Ris, where u get airplanes flying over you all the time...
and its really not central considering if u work in the west or your kids go to local university. Its totally out of the way. Clover is right in the middle of Singapore so goin north, west, east south takes almost equal time....
I think if i leave Clover and go to CBD, i will reach faster than Livia occupants because its just 5mins bus to MRT and another 20mins MRT.
Livia need 10mins walk to MRT and a whopping 35mins to CBD.

next, i hear ppl complaining about paying high premium to live in HDB areas. If you go to all the recent launches, you will know that Clover is one of the cheapest psft compared to the rest. I mean, Kovan Res, Dakota, Woodsville, all priced above 800-1000 psft.

We all know raw materials has gone up and its hard to come down again, so ppl have to accept that NEW establishment will have to cost more. That is the premium of buying NEW. You can get cheaper homes buying old second hand. You can get cheaper units at Bishan Point or Gardens but its OLD not NEW. Some say buy old house and rebuild, and i did thought about it and was scouting for some landed around 900k but you will find out that re-building is no longer cheap because sand, materials all gone up! at least another 300-500k to build from the ground up.

I read AMK launching condo style HDBs around 600-700k for the 5rm flat.
You can get clover around 800-900k for the same size, so why not when u get more facilities plus security but paying same conservancy rates. And you dont have all the crap restrictions from HDB. The last DBSS HDB will be in Bishan next to MRT. I would bet that it will be priced even higher so do expect to see 750k perhaps for a HDB.

Lastly, the trend is up. I'm lucky to get a park view under 700psft. I almost faint when i heard the Farrer Crt replacement having to sell above 1500psft for a 99LH. And if you think 600units is crowded, wait till you see how it feels having 1500 neighbours... major kampung!!!

Now, i'm happy to look forward to be able to come home, have dinner at local kopitiam and then up to my balcony having a nice glass of wine enjoying the breeze from the park and hopefully some therapeudic sound of the new river stream flowing by....

Cheers
20-07-08, 15:12
Now, i'm happy to look forward to be able to come home, have dinner at local kopitiam and then up to my balcony having a nice glass of wine enjoying the breeze from the park and hopefully some therapeudic sound of the new river stream flowing by....
Cheers......I can imagine by the time of TOP, children at the rivers makeover waving their canoe paddle to the parents in the Clover units holding their wine glass.

Unregistered9
20-07-08, 15:58
wow, a lot of interesting posts...

first of all, AgentKoh is probably a buyer or agent in Livia, let him say what he wants. We all know Livia has more units than Clover.... and its cheaper because its all the way in Pasir Ris, where u get airplanes flying over you all the time...
and its really not central considering if u work in the west or your kids go to local university. Its totally out of the way. Clover is right in the middle of Singapore so goin north, west, east south takes almost equal time....
I think if i leave Clover and go to CBD, i will reach faster than Livia occupants because its just 5mins bus to MRT and another 20mins MRT.
Livia need 10mins walk to MRT and a whopping 35mins to CBD.....

Peace brother...No need to reply Agent Koh's comments with a tirage against Livia. There are also Livia owners reading this thread. Just highlight the positive aspects of having bought Clover BTP and likewise Livia owners also have nice things to say their purchase.

cl0ver
20-07-08, 18:31
Peace brother...No need to reply Agent Koh's comments with a tirage against Livia. There are also Livia owners reading this thread. Just highlight the positive aspects of having bought Clover BTP and likewise Livia owners also have nice things to say their purchase.

no worries bro... i'm just pointing out the truth... no way on purpose to put down Livia owners.... rest assured CDL is a good developer.

Westerner
20-07-08, 18:39
In terms of traffic, west side is the best. West would include Bukit Timah, Holland, Upper Bukit Timah, West Coast, Alexander, Dover etc. Best traffic with minimal jam. For those think other area's jam as bad as CTE, I can confirm and chop CTE has the WORST jam. PIE and AYE is much better. But I guess if your main aim is to haolian amongst HDB people, then those areas above which are strictly private will be off your radar. Some of the FH condos in these areas are really quite affordable, if you look hard enough :)

so many west supporters.... however, ppl i asked still avoid the west because they feel that the air is not that good.... close proximity to factories.. etc...
but i did like Lakeshore just that its expensive at $900 over psft and darn far away....

The places you mentioned are not cheap:
Bukit Timah - never cheap
Holland - i don't even have to mention, just look at Farrer Court's pricing! and they arent even in Hollad!
Upper Bkt Timah - too far thats almost like woodlands
Alexander/Dover - pricey...

and not everyone lives in the west takes AYE. The Bukit Timah Road / Dunearn Road is just as jamed during peak hours plus ERPs here and there.

so, can someone from the west please let me know which are the new condos about to TOP or just TOP that is worth a look?
Anything at $700 psft? I think hardly any...

Where is West
20-07-08, 18:45
I think he got it wrong. Holland and Bukit Timah are not considered West.
Just look at the definition in this forum.

West and North West are:

District 22: Boon Lay, Jurong, Tuas
District 23: Upper Bukit Timah, Hillview, Bukit Batok, Choa Chu Kang
District 24: Kranji, Sungei Gedong, Tengah, Lim Chu Kang
New 6 digit postal code in District 22 : 60****, 61****, 62****, 63****, 64****
New 6 digit postal code in District 23 : 65****, 66****, 67****, 68****
New 6 digit postal code in District 24 : 69****, 70****, 71****

Passerby
20-07-08, 20:42
no worries bro... i'm just pointing out the truth... no way on purpose to put down Livia owners.... rest assured CDL is a good developer.

Clover is a bargain buy... but put things in perspective. Good buy if buying for own stay. Investment wise... for good rental... other areas might be better.

BishanRental
20-07-08, 20:50
Clover is a bargain buy... but put things in perspective. Good buy if buying for own stay. Investment wise... for good rental... other areas might be better.
For rental, it would be better to buy completed condo. Immediate returns rather than waiting for new condo to TOP.
By the way, anyone knows the rental rate for condo and HDB rental? Thanks

Prime
20-07-08, 21:14
Bukit Timah and Holland definitely to the west of SG. Just realised that the prime districts are largely skewed to the north west and run up the northwest. The DTL2 route is along prime districts that moves up the northwest of SG.

I think he got it wrong. Holland and Bukit Timah are not considered West.
Just look at the definition in this forum.

West and North West are:

District 22: Boon Lay, Jurong, Tuas
District 23: Upper Bukit Timah, Hillview, Bukit Batok, Choa Chu Kang
District 24: Kranji, Sungei Gedong, Tengah, Lim Chu Kang
New 6 digit postal code in District 22 : 60****, 61****, 62****, 63****, 64****
New 6 digit postal code in District 23 : 65****, 66****, 67****, 68****
New 6 digit postal code in District 24 : 69****, 70****, 71****

CloverWatch
20-07-08, 21:37
Anyone has the latest sales figure on this 616 unit projects?
Has the price gone down yet? In the news ads yesterday, it is advert at $8++ psf which is contrary to report that the average is about $750.

Passerby
20-07-08, 21:53
Anyone has the latest sales figure on this 616 unit projects?
Has the price gone down yet? In the news ads yesterday, it is advert at $8++ psf which is contrary to report that the average is about $750.

Sales remain strong. Price was increased.

China mei mei
20-07-08, 22:04
Also love it... but chose Dakota today.. just to be nearer to town.

Congrats!!!!! a Good buy.

Thank you! Since you will now be so near to my office... be sure to visit me everyday! :D

cl0ver
20-07-08, 22:08
definitely to stay.... i mean park view wor.... where else to find???
i love the outdoor.... my previous choice was somewhere in east so can go ECP to run or cycle, but now Bishan park will have to do....
i hope my kids will get into the schools around here so definitely long term view!

To reply Clover Watch, newspaper advertised prices from $875k per unit not 875 psft.
Still got many units....
Block 6 i heard 90% sold while block 2 moving slowly....
Stacks 6 & 7 will be difficult to sell esp the lower floors as it faces directly HDBs.

Interested
20-07-08, 22:09
Is clover near the bishan mrt? :)

Sage123
20-07-08, 22:16

Not within walking distance. 3-4 bus stops away

Driver
20-07-08, 22:17
No. Must take feeder bus. Drive lor, but must warn u of the traffic and ERP though.

Interested Buyer
20-07-08, 22:18
how's sales over weekend?

AgentKhoo
20-07-08, 22:23
I am telling you guys for your investment opportunities to buy only Dakota Residences. Much near the city with good schools too. Got MRT! :D

clover enthusiast
20-07-08, 22:28
I chance on Clover while checking out the area in Bishan St 22. I was actually scouting for a resale HDB. It is centrally located , human traffic is moderate as compared to the Bishan MRT area.

I have frequent the Clover showroom couple of times and love the whole designs and everything. Can't afford units facing the park and anyway I was told it was all sold out! I think the next best option is to get one unit from Stack 3. Hey!ANyone has bought a unit from Stack3 ?

cl0ver
20-07-08, 22:30

From Google Maps, its 1.1km walk or 2mins drive :beats-me-man:

Alternatively, the quicker way is hop on to any of the buses on St 22 which takes 3 bus stops to right in front of Bishan Station.
You can take SBS 13, 52, 55, 88 that stops right at MRT or the feeder 410 which goes a bit more to Bishan Bus Depot, then walk thru Junc8 to get to MRT.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/cikgoo/Map.jpg

Unregister
20-07-08, 22:31
I chance on Clover while checking out the area in Bishan St 22. I was actually scouting for a resale HDB. It is centrally located , human traffic is moderate as compared to the Bishan MRT area.

I have frequent the Clover showroom couple of times and love the whole designs and everything. Can't afford units facing the park and anyway I was told it was all sold out! I think the next best option is to get one unit from Stack 3. Hey!ANyone has bought a unit from Stack3 ?

stack 3 also face the park

clover enthusiast
20-07-08, 22:32
definitely to stay.... i mean park view wor.... where else to find???
i love the outdoor.... my previous choice was somewhere in east so can go ECP to run or cycle, but now Bishan park will have to do....
i hope my kids will get into the schools around here so definitely long term view!

To reply Clover Watch, newspaper advertised prices from $875k per unit not 875 psft.
Still got many units....
Block 6 i heard 90% sold while block 2 moving slowly....
Stacks 6 & 7 will be difficult to sell esp the lower floors as it faces directly HDBs.

any comment on stack 3 .

clover name
20-07-08, 22:33
now i know where they got the Clover name.... stole it from those Landed homes nearby !!!

i luv colver
20-07-08, 22:35
Hello, want to die yah? There r Blossom pple in this thread ok. Got leasehold dont criticize other condo lah. No wonder your thread always got pple criticizing make fun of Clover....

Hello, I'm not criticise and stating the facts. Go check dictionary the meaning of Criticise. This comment come from the owner himself...not from my mouth. He happy to get a unit at Blossom at a low price but not so happy with the nearby amenities. People making fun of Clover cos they can't afford it..are u the one?

i luv colver
20-07-08, 22:35

Hello, I'm not criticise but stating the facts. Go check dictionary the meaning of Criticise. This comment come from the owner himself...not from my mouth. He happy to get a unit at Blossom at a low price but not so happy with the nearby amenities. People making fun of Clover cos they can't afford it..are u the one?

clover enthusiast
20-07-08, 22:39
From Google Maps, its 1.1km walk or 2mins drive :beats-me-man:

Alternatively, the quicker way is hop on to any of the buses on St 22 which takes 3 bus stops to right in front of Bishan Station.
You can take SBS 13, 52, 55, 88 that stops right at MRT or the feeder 410 which goes a bit more to Bishan Bus Depot, then walk thru Junc8 to get to MRT.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/cikgoo/Map.jpg

guys, for those who drive do you notice that in order to drive into the clover condo, you have to come from Marymount Road. If you coming from Bishan Road, there is no turning in the condo. Agent said that they will make access so that cars can turn from the opp side of the road. Wll, I certainly hope that this is true. If not , xiao must make detour to Marymount road.

googoo
20-07-08, 22:40
stack 2,3,4,5 are park facing from a distance....
3 would be more park than 4 i guess......

and the distance between Block 2 and 6 is almost 80m. Now that is pretty far away! so, much more landscaping to enjoy......

Unregistered007
20-07-08, 22:41
I am telling you guys for your investment opportunities to buy only Dakota Residences. Much near the city with good schools too. Got MRT! :D

950+ for a LH condo? too expensive...can get a FH in many area liao...what happen if recession comes and u cannot rent or sell?

driveee
20-07-08, 22:47
guys, for those who drive do you notice that in order to drive into the clover condo, you have to come from Marymount Road. If you coming from Bishan Road, there is no turning in the condo. Agent said that they will make access so that cars can turn from the opp side of the road. Wll, I certainly hope that this is true. If not , xiao must make detour to Marymount road.

There are many ways, if you come from Bishan Rd, you can go straight and go behind the park at AMK Ave 1 then turn back in towards Marymount.
I think most ppl exiting CTE Amk Ave 1 will take this route....
Those taking Thomson way can come in from Upp Thomson to Sin Ming Ave or Marymount to Bishan St 22.

I used to live in Sin Ming so i know the routes... not that bad.....
Bishan Rd can get really jam at times, even after they build Gardens @ Bishan *756units!), ppl will say jam lah, but it did not happen..... traffic was normal on Sin Ming Ave.

Esta
20-07-08, 22:50
950+ for a LH condo? too expensive...can get a FH in many area liao...what happen if recession comes and u cannot rent or sell?

Yeah, 950 i can buy The Esta at the East.... why would i want Dakota facing HDB slums.....

HDB fan
20-07-08, 22:55
Just checked the caveats in this district. No such prices achieved. So downside risk definitely quite high. As for upside, well, probably not much. I think someone mention the reason he likes Clover because HDB neighbours not so wealthy neighbourhood will make him feel good. But from personal experience, the poorer people are more haolian than the truly rich ones. In fact, those staying in exclusive private estates are less likely to show off their wealth to their neighbours.

Unregistered999
20-07-08, 22:56
The planter box grille in the show flat is displayed near the wall of building.
I was told that this is the way developer do to create good spacing illusion to the viewers.
The real thing is the grille is eating half the space of the planter box.
Anyone care to clarify if this is what we will get when we collect our keys?

AgentKhoo
20-07-08, 22:56
Yeah, 950 i can buy The Esta at the East.... why would i want Dakota facing HDB slums.....

That's because you are blissfully ignorant. Esta got MRT meh? Dakota got MRT.

Unregistered999
20-07-08, 23:00

It is so foolish of you to keep biting on CTE jam and not near MRT, we all know that.
Where Livia is cheap, big or near MRT, we all know that too.

So please give good reasons about the project rather than criticising about small things like this.

Unregistered111
20-07-08, 23:02

If my combined salary is more than 30k....i will buy 2 units in Clover..one for stay and one for rent....simply love it !!!

clover enthusiast
20-07-08, 23:02
There are many ways, if you come from Bishan Rd, you can go straight and go behind the park at AMK Ave 1 then turn back in towards Marymount.
I think most ppl exiting CTE Amk Ave 1 will take this route....
Those taking Thomson way can come in from Upp Thomson to Sin Ming Ave or Marymount to Bishan St 22.

I used to live in Sin Ming so i know the routes... not that bad.....
Bishan Rd can get really jam at times, even after they build Gardens @ Bishan *756units!), ppl will say jam lah, but it did not happen..... traffic was normal on Sin Ming Ave.

thanks for the tips. I really hope that the developer or LTA can make an access so that cars can make right turn from the opposite of the road. If not, it is a waste of time (not forgetting petrol) to make one loop around the park.

clover enthusiast
20-07-08, 23:07
stack 2,3,4,5 are park facing from a distance....
3 would be more park than 4 i guess......

and the distance between Block 2 and 6 is almost 80m. Now that is pretty far away! so, much more landscaping to enjoy......

any fengshui master in the forum? units from stack 3 is kinda facing the side of the drive-in entrance which also has the fountain. any comments?

woodsville 28
20-07-08, 23:07
was at woodsville 28 today...quoted ave $880 psf...location not bad, very near to potong pasir MRT...110 units range from 2, 2+1,3 and 3+1. Any comments?

PEEKTURE!
20-07-08, 23:15
OK, thanks to satelite pictures, here is what it should look like.
Sorry, if my drawing is not to scale, but at least it gives an idea where the HDBs are, open spaces of HDBs, carparks of HDBs.... and the canals that will turn into clean stream of water....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/cikgoo/Clover.jpg

Fengshui master
20-07-08, 23:16
any fengshui master in the forum? units from stack 3 is kinda facing the side of the drive-in entrance which also has the fountain. any comments?

I need to see your 8 characters. Based on what you described, it can be good or not good for the residents, depending on the above.

Nothing Special
20-07-08, 23:18
was at woodsville 28 today...quoted ave $880 psf...location not bad, very near to potong pasir MRT...110 units range from 2, 2+1,3 and 3+1. Any comments?

overpriced!, no tennis court, yet maintenance $280 already!

AgentKhoo
20-07-08, 23:22
overpriced!, no tennis court, yet maintenance $280 already!

Dakota also got no tennis court. But hey... we are doing very well, thank you. Buying a project is not all about a tennis court.

clover enthusiast
20-07-08, 23:24
OK, thanks to satelite pictures, here is what it should look like.
Sorry, if my drawing is not to scale, but at least it gives an idea where the HDBs are, open spaces of HDBs, carparks of HDBs.... and the canals that will turn into clean stream of water....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/cikgoo/Clover.jpg

i assume this picture is not the updated one, no construction on the site leh? But pretty impress withe the picture. Also notice a swimming pool on the top right of the pucture. well done!

Unregistered9
21-07-08, 00:02
ever heard of google earth?

anyway, about feng shui, one fundamental of feng shui is have square or rectagular house...isn't it?

Fengshui master
21-07-08, 07:28
There are ways of mitigating your fortunes even if you house/development is an irregular shaped thingie.

Unregistered333
21-07-08, 08:57
please start another woodsville thread

Important
21-07-08, 10:00
Actually these are not small things rite? Imagine you drive home got stuck in traffic jam EVERY DAY, and when you're 30 years old already, still so LC squeeze feeder bus with teenagers? It is an important consideration for many people. Also too many units is also a put-off. Anything more than 500 units is too much - cannot imagine the situation in the pool. Also near HDB usually has a lot of gatecrashers. These are no small matters that directly affects a person's quality of life. In terms of upside vs downside risk, looking at caveats for 99LH in the heartlands, it has not performed too well even in the 2007 boom. What is your upside buying a heartlands 99LH condo at almost 800psf 5 years later? Almost nil. Just make sure you take a very small loan to avoid negative equity. It is plausible that heartlands 99LH condo can drop to 400psf in a downturn. 500psf is definitely a possibility. It has happened before.

It is so foolish of you to keep biting on CTE jam and not near MRT, we all know that.
Where Livia is cheap, big or near MRT, we all know that too.

So please give good reasons about the project rather than criticising about small things like this.

pros and cons
21-07-08, 10:36
Everyone is different! If you stay near to town, you would probably not drive since it made no sense paying ERP for short distance. In Singapore, every major expressway will be jammed during peak hour. That is a fact.
So, if you want near/good traffic, then pay more.

What's wrong with squeezing in feeder bus with teenagers? You mean that cause you shame? I wonder what's wrong with the mindset of Singaporeans these days....
If you go to other developed countries like in London, everyone takes the train or bus whether their old, young, managers, etc. There is no shame in all that, it only shows your level of thinking is pretty short-sighted.

I think swimming pools are not a big issue. You can go to alot of hotels and find full occupancy of 700 rooms yet the pool is hardly used.
What's this about gatecrashers? You mean HDB dwellers would sneak in to use the pool ? Have you heard of security? Or have we not evolved and resort to such petty crimes....
There is a difference between exclusive projects with less than 100 units and mass market projects above 500. Different markets for different buyers.
Clover, maintenance only $165, where else can you get lower?

we are experiencing inflation where raw materials has gone up and would be impossible to come down. Look at all the new HDB launches, they arent priced low, but according to market. I believe future launches will be more expensive. We know for sure that Clover is not overpriced. Yesterday papers had old AMK HDB 5rm flat going for $628k in the market. The new ones by UE are priced around 600-700k. So, clearly the trend is up. You have all this govt mass market projects underpinning the market. Also, if you check Rafflesia which is 99LH, their resale prices has been steady throughout hitting average of 800psft. Bishan8 is also in the range of 700-800psft.
Will it ever hit 500psft? I think you wait long long.

AMK DBSS @ $700k for 1200sqft (5rm flat) works out to be $583psft
The new DBSS at Bishan will probably hit $600psft.
Clover being private with facilities and same HDB maintenance currently sells at average $750psft. Downside is very limited.

Nearby
21-07-08, 10:50
2008 transacted prices

BISHAN 8 958,000 1,163sqft $824 May-08
BISHAN 8 1,200,000 1,528sqft $785 May-08
BISHAN 8 930,000 1,163sqft $800 May-08
BISHAN 8 970,000 1,195sqft $812 May-08
BISHAN 8 1,000,000 1,163sqft $860 Apr-08
BISHAN 8 790,000 980sqft $807 Apr-08
BISHAN 8 1,008,888 1,163sqft $868 Jan-08
BISHAN 8 945,000 1,163sqft $813 Jan-08
BISHAN 8 975,000 1,163sqft $839 Jan-08
BISHAN 8 970,000 1,163sqft $834 Jan-08

RAFFLESIA CONDO 800,000 915sqft $874 May-08
RAFFLESIA CONDO 1,080,712 1,302sqft $830 Apr-08
RAFFLESIA CONDO 1,080,000 1,302sqft $829 Apr-08
RAFFLESIA CONDO 1,150,000 1,324sqft $869 Apr-08
RAFFLESIA CONDO 810,000 915sqft $885 Mar-08
RAFFLESIA CONDO 1,006,000 1,216sqft $827 Mar-08
RAFFLESIA CONDO 788,000 915sqft $861 Feb-08
RAFFLESIA CONDO 728,000 915sqft $796 Jan-08

cloverians
21-07-08, 12:24
Follow the heart, you only live once.
Cloverians we have become!

1. Where are my neighbours? Shall we gather together to keep the progress and update each other here or elsewhere?
2. How about some discussions on the likes and dislikes about the development as a potential resident?

1. (let me start on point 1) Just been down to site over the weekend, foundation seems to be doing well and according to schedule for blk 6. Foundation laid and ready for casting soon. The crane had also been erected and seems like this week, should be some major disturbance to the neighbourhood. Apologies to Bishan-rians.

Blk 2 is also moving, abeit slower than blk 6 in terms of foundation. So, my personal guess is that Blk 6 may TOP earlier if the developer is going for phased TOP.

2. Still very unclear about the parking in this development. Looks like it will not be a basement, but more of a sub-basement, meaning building at grade and thus lending another 2 floors to the 2 blocks. As correctly pointed out by some here, the first floor is almost equal to third in the HDB blk beside.

By the looks of the site now, there is no basement to be constructed.

Shall we have more positive discussion than grumbling about other projects?

clover
21-07-08, 12:40
Follow the heart, you only live once.
Cloverians we have become!

1. Where are my neighbours? Shall we gather together to keep the progress and update each other here or elsewhere?
2. How about some discussions on the likes and dislikes about the development as a potential resident?

1. (let me start on point 1) Just been down to site over the weekend, foundation seems to be doing well and according to schedule for blk 6. Foundation laid and ready for casting soon. The crane had also been erected and seems like this week, should be some major disturbance to the neighbourhood. Apologies to Bishan-rians.

Blk 2 is also moving, abeit slower than blk 6 in terms of foundation. So, my personal guess is that Blk 6 may TOP earlier if the developer is going for phased TOP.

2. Still very unclear about the parking in this development. Looks like it will not be a basement, but more of a sub-basement, meaning building at grade and thus lending another 2 floors to the 2 blocks. As correctly pointed out by some here, the first floor is almost equal to third in the HDB blk beside.

By the looks of the site now, there is no basement to be constructed.

Shall we have more positive discussion than grumbling about other projects?

Yes..yes...we cloverians should be united and get together and leave those ppl that wanna say other things to go somewhere else....cheers :)

I hope blk 2 will not take long...miss out on blk 6....hence got a unit on stack 5...any comments on stack 5. From what i see on the model, blk 2 & 6 are position in a way that both blk will have park view as well and stack 5 although is abt 80m away from blk 6...but that better than facing the HDB right? And Stack 5 can have pool view :) In fact, my 1st choice is stack 16 but fully sold very fast :(

Cheers to all Cloverians :)

Cloverians
21-07-08, 13:01
Yes..yes...we cloverians should be united and get together and leave those ppl that wanna say other things to go somewhere else....cheers :)

I hope blk 2 will not take long...miss out on blk 6....hence got a unit on stack 5...any comments on stack 5. From what i see on the model, blk 2 & 6 are position in a way that both blk will have park view as well and stack 5 although is abt 80m away from blk 6...but that better than facing the HDB right? And Stack 5 can have pool view :) In fact, my 1st choice is stack 16 but fully sold very fast :(

Clover,
Thanks for the support. We should gather some strength and positives from here instead! smile.

Blk 2 should not be that long either, just that the site is on a slope and they need to start somewhere somehow first. Depends on the weather, at most a month's difference, and if so, it will not be phased TOP as its an additional cost again to developers.

Stack 5 is equally interesting if you like pool view. The big plus here is that your facing will not be directly at HDB - you can still go naked walking in your apartment. smile. Another one is that you can watch over the facilities and can do last minute tennis, basketball, swimming etc if it is unoccupied or empty, something I can't do since I'm in stack 15.

While I was getting stack 15, tons of confirmation was on-going when I am working out the details. Stack 15 and 16 was like hot cakes. within the first few hours, all mid floors gone, in fact, I was very very early already and by then, 6-12 was gone, and by end of day, stack 15 and 16 is very limited. I was even surprised by the response even though it is not the cheapest then. Now, with all the new launches, this is indeed not over priced at all. smile.
Don't blame yourself for not getting 16, come to think of it as a blessing, 5 is slightly futher and has a buffer between the HDB blks, that means you can still bathe without drawing the curtains...and even so if you got a high floor (more than 12).

Enjoy the scene.

CloverKaki
21-07-08, 13:14
Clover,
Thanks for the support. We should gather some strength and positives from here instead! smile.

Blk 2 should not be that long either, just that the site is on a slope and they need to start somewhere somehow first. Depends on the weather, at most a month's difference, and if so, it will not be phased TOP as its an additional cost again to developers.

Stack 5 is equally interesting if you like pool view. The big plus here is that your facing will not be directly at HDB - you can still go naked walking in your apartment. smile. Another one is that you can watch over the facilities and can do last minute tennis, basketball, swimming etc if it is unoccupied or empty, something I can't do since I'm in stack 15.

While I was getting stack 15, tons of confirmation was on-going when I am working out the details. Stack 15 and 16 was like hot cakes. within the first few hours, all mid floors gone, in fact, I was very very early already and by then, 6-12 was gone, and by end of day, stack 15 and 16 is very limited. I was even surprised by the response even though it is not the cheapest then. Now, with all the new launches, this is indeed not over priced at all. smile.
Don't blame yourself for not getting 16, come to think of it as a blessing, 5 is slightly futher and has a buffer between the HDB blks, that means you can still bathe without drawing the curtains...and even so if you got a high floor (more than 12).

Enjoy the scene.
Mine at stack 14. First view on the Fri before official launch. Went with a cheque on Saturday morning at 9:30am. The unit I am interested is gone. Finally settle one floor lower.
Great for the updates. Would be good if anyone of you visit the site and snap pictures on the progress. It will be become a loving memory in times to come.

Cloverian-ToBe
21-07-08, 13:22
Going down with my parents later on to "most likely" book a unit at 05 or 09 unit.
Hope to be able to share the joy with the cloverians soon.

i luv clover
21-07-08, 13:47

me too on stack 5...4 bedder..pool view, no worry on afternoon sun and still have a good view to the park, also closer proximity to the bishan north mall thru' the side gate. Good privacy too as it is quite far away from the HDB besides (from master bathroom). I would say it'll be a good chioce if you not really into direct park view. My 1st choice was stack 9 (actually signed the OTP) but changed to stack 5 next day during the 1st day launch on blk 2.

cloverian#5
21-07-08, 14:10
me too on stack 5...4 bedder..pool view, no worry on afternoon sun and still have a good view to the park, also closer proximity to the bishan north mall thru' the side gate. Good privacy too as it is quite far away from the HDB besides (from master bathroom). I would say it'll be a good chioce if you not really into direct park view. My 1st choice was stack 9 (actually signed the OTP) but changed to stack 5 next day during the 1st day launch on blk 2.

Hihi,

we also on stack 5 (4 bedders) :) Prefer this stack because it is away from the main road and afternoon sun, also shorter walking distance to the bus stop. The toilet will kena some morning sun but i guess it is ok. Moreover, sunlight can act as disinfectant to the toilet mah http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

A few of things we don't like about clover are the planter boxes, bay window and long corridors.
The planter box - we are not into gardening and we don't foresee we will have the time to do it... I think we may end up breeding mosquitoes (warning signal to NEA) if we attempt to grow plants there. Anyone has good idea how what else can we do to it?

bay windows and long and narrow corridors - also another waste of space but instead of complaining, perhaps can also gather some feedback on how to make use of the space effectively?

cloverians
21-07-08, 14:16
Mine at stack 14. First view on the Fri before official launch. Went with a cheque on Saturday morning at 9:30am. The unit I am interested is gone. Finally settle one floor lower.
Great for the updates. Would be good if anyone of you visit the site and snap pictures on the progress. It will be become a loving memory in times to come.

I went for the viewing on Wed afternoon and confirmed by thursday... by then most floor are gone and limited.

Good that you went for the stack 14, we share similar view. If we happen to be on the same floor, we can even do a distance talk in our yard while doing laundry! smile.

I forgot my cam during last weekend site visit. I will try to do so if I find some time this weekend armed with my cam, and post here. Er... I have a problem though, how to post pictures here?
I will do site updates as much as I can, but I do hope fellow cloverians do as much updates as well. smile.

OTP
21-07-08, 14:17

was there a penalty to change after signing the OTP?

cloverian
21-07-08, 14:18
Going down with my parents later on to "most likely" book a unit at 05 or 09 unit.
Hope to be able to share the joy with the cloverians soon.

We wish you the very best (within budget and choice unit)and welcome to the nice hospitality of the development - starting not from physical developments, but the intangibles of the nice neighbours we are gathering here. smile.

keep us updated.

cloverians
21-07-08, 14:37
Hihi,

we also on stack 5 (4 bedders) :) Prefer this stack because it is away from the main road and afternoon sun, also shorter walking distance to the bus stop. The toilet will kena some morning sun but i guess it is ok. Moreover, sunlight can act as disinfectant to the toilet mah http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

A few of things we don't like about clover are the planter boxes, bay window and long corridors.
The planter box - we are not into gardening and we don't foresee we will have the time to do it... I think we may end up breeding mosquitoes (warning signal to NEA) if we attempt to grow plants there. Anyone has good idea how what else can we do to it?

bay windows and long and narrow corridors - also another waste of space but instead of complaining, perhaps can also gather some feedback on how to make use of the space effectively?

Seems like stack 5 is a hot stack in this forum. Where are the 13, 14,15 and 16s? All missing or never knew about this forum? smile.

Planter box has quite a few uses including,
(1)fish pond = buy a fibreglass tank with the right measurements and rear some fishes in there. Instead of looking like a hole in your balcony, it seems like a custom build pond in your condo, and moreover with a decent roof on top (unlike some planter without roof). I have not seen another development that allows us to do so - custom build pond in balcony!

(2) with some clever detailing, you can deck the planter over at a small cost (DIY possible and still look pro)- although it is "technically" illegal. I shall not say too much here but we can surely explore.

(3) planter box - plants and a eco garden. You may combine the planter with both plants and fishes. similar to point 1, except that you include plants in it and allow space for growth. This is good for family with kids that are able to touch and see plants growing in their balcony with minimal fuss as the planters are below ground.

(4) All of the above. Thats what I am going to do. Stack 15 has a pretty huge planter at balcony, so I will plant some plants, with a simple deck over and the fishes swimming underneath with some lights. Heaven, at least to me, with the breeze and views.

Hope these pointers helps.

For bay windows, it is really subjective, some like it, some don't. Put it that way, most direct use of it - a chair, resting place. During the walk with our parents, the first thing they go into the showflat, they put their backside right there and start chatting and looking at the greens - as if we had already moved in. smile.

The corridors that you mentioned, I guess were the 2 ends ones. while I do not have that in stack 15, I had a few ideas that may or may not work. My 2 cents idea = (1) convert into spice garden and start planting some ingredients for cooking, its that near to kitchen. (2) a Koi pond, a suitable place for its length and do give that "landed" property feel to the entrance. (3) may be illegal = storage space, it could covert into some storage with proper decking (not exactly sure how though), must explore.

Thats all for now, but I guess we have a few years to come out with better usage.

Smile.

i luv clover
21-07-08, 14:48
Hihi,

good choice on stack 5! opined that this is the best stack in blk 2, not facing HDB and still have limited park view.....my friend (stayed in other condo) told me that the planter can be covered using wooded planks...but must get concurrence from condo MC. Bay windows can be concealed by ID or putting cushions on top. Narror corridor a bit out of hands...can only think of shoe cabinet, mini fish pond in the planter, bicycle park....etc. A good designer should be able to advise u...don't worry....

Elden
21-07-08, 15:29
Hihi vertical neighbours!

Stack 5 family here as well! We actually choose stack 5 because yeah we wanted a nearer walking distance to the marketplace and the bus stops. 4 bedder unit as well.

I like the discussion on the planter boxes also. Me and my wife are also puzzling our brains on what to do with it. We are thinking of maybe turning it into a water feature too.

Dunno if it will be electrical intensive though. Since it looks like it will be quite big.

Another thing we are having a bit of a headache on is where to put the dining table. The one we saw in the showroom was a round one. But ours is oblong! And we are wondering if it will jut out if we put it in the same place.

That plus what to do with that immediate area after you walk in through the passageway (with the balcony). There is this recess area before the dining area which we are wondering what we should do with. :)

Elden
21-07-08, 15:41
i assume this picture is not the updated one, no construction on the site leh? But pretty impress withe the picture. Also notice a swimming pool on the top right of the pucture. well done!

Wah, I just realised that for stack #05, from a high enough floor that looks over the nearby HDB flats, you could look out of your bathroom and see the park too! :)

Cloverian-Confirmed
21-07-08, 16:01
We wish you the very best (within budget and choice unit)and welcome to the nice hospitality of the development - starting not from physical developments, but the intangibles of the nice neighbours we are gathering here. smile.

keep us updated.

Went down there at 2:30pm, agent told me #02-09 was taken, only left #02-05 and #04-09. Brought my parents to tour the show flat, they all like the 4 room floorplan (I'm getting the 3 room type, similar floorplan but only do not have the master junior room).

After some thought, I finally took #02-05, last unit available in stack 5.
Now I can share the joy with you guys ... hahaha ....

cloverians
21-07-08, 16:09
Hihi vertical neighbours!

Stack 5 family here as well! We actually choose stack 5 because yeah we wanted a nearer walking distance to the marketplace and the bus stops. 4 bedder unit as well.

I like the discussion on the planter boxes also. Me and my wife are also puzzling our brains on what to do with it. We are thinking of maybe turning it into a water feature too.

Dunno if it will be electrical intensive though. Since it looks like it will be quite big.

Another thing we are having a bit of a headache on is where to put the dining table. The one we saw in the showroom was a round one. But ours is oblong! And we are wondering if it will jut out if we put it in the same place.

That plus what to do with that immediate area after you walk in through the passageway (with the balcony). There is this recess area before the dining area which we are wondering what we should do with. :)

Don't leave me alone stack 5 neighbours! I have a 5 too, abeit 15. smile.
Yet another headcount in stack 5, that should be the fifth or sixth here? Where are my vertical neighbours! smile.

The long corridor does indeed need some thinking, we shall see if anyone here can come out with something.

cloverians
21-07-08, 16:12
Went down there at 2:30pm, agent told me #02-09 was taken, only left #02-05 and #04-09. Brought my parents to tour the show flat, they all like the 4 room floorplan (I'm getting the 3 room type, similar floorplan but only do not have the master junior room).

Welcome to the big family. Join in for fun and laughter in this new development! smile.

From what you say, looks like stack 5 have now join in the sold out stack. That means, stack 5,13,14,15,16 and soon 9 is all OUT.

Now now, this is surely more than 50% sold?

Cloverian #02-05
21-07-08, 16:45
I suggest that we put a post-fix to our nick so that we know where we stay.

Heard from the agent that parking is in the basement, there will be B2 on the other half of the project away from the 50m lap pool.

cl0ver
21-07-08, 16:56
i'm in stack 13 !

My ideas on renovation

1) Entrance balcony. Very big. The planter will be converted into a small pond, where the side wall next to the main wooden door will have a fountain running down into the pond. Elsewhere, the space will have a bench and some shoe cabinets. Also park some bicycles (adults and kids!) To block the rain, will install some blinds which can clip onto the railings.

2) Entering the maindoor, the immediate corner will be a bar.

3) Balcony, will have a "papasan" lazy chair or perhaps a small breakfast table. Planter here is small, so will either put some plants or cover the whole balcony with wood panels. I heard its only illegal if you totall cover it with cement. Install blinds as well for some privacy.

4) Big yard behind kitchen. Probably grill the whole place and put some blinds.
May build a square top for food preparation / dry wet kitchen.

5) Master bedroom. For those 3 bedder corner stacks (meaning under 14 floors), you will noticed that the door is further out meaning you will have a longer walk in and a bay window next to your main closet. This can be turned into a closet itself! where you can put clothes on the bay and cover it with sliding frosted doors so you still get the light from outside!

Cloverian #02-05
21-07-08, 17:12
About payment package, did you guys took up the package from Clover?

CloverUOB
21-07-08, 17:28
About payment package, did you guys took up the package from Clover?
I took mine from UOB SOR + 0.7% until conversion. Flexibility in early redemption.

cl0ver
21-07-08, 17:44
I prefer SIBOR to SOR because SIBOR is lower, so took HSBC SIBOR+0.7 thoughout lifetime of loan.

cloverian#5
21-07-08, 18:06
I went for the viewing on Wed afternoon and confirmed by thursday... by then most floor are gone and limited.

Good that you went for the stack 14, we share similar view. If we happen to be on the same floor, we can even do a distance talk in our yard while doing laundry! smile.

I forgot my cam during last weekend site visit. I will try to do so if I find some time this weekend armed with my cam, and post here. Er... I have a problem though, how to post pictures here?
I will do site updates as much as I can, but I do hope fellow cloverians do as much updates as well. smile.

perhaps we can set up a yahoo or whatever group for clover owners. I think it might be easier to upload photos there :)

Lucky Cloverian
21-07-08, 18:21
Seems like stack 5 is a hot stack in this forum. Where are the 13, 14,15 and 16s? All missing or never knew about this forum? smile.

Planter box has quite a few uses including,
(1)fish pond = buy a fibreglass tank with the right measurements and rear some fishes in there. Instead of looking like a hole in your balcony, it seems like a custom build pond in your condo, and moreover with a decent roof on top (unlike some planter without roof). I have not seen another development that allows us to do so - custom build pond in balcony!

(2) with some clever detailing, you can deck the planter over at a small cost (DIY possible and still look pro)- although it is "technically" illegal. I shall not say too much here but we can surely explore.

(3) planter box - plants and a eco garden. You may combine the planter with both plants and fishes. similar to point 1, except that you include plants in it and allow space for growth. This is good for family with kids that are able to touch and see plants growing in their balcony with minimal fuss as the planters are below ground.

(4) All of the above. Thats what I am going to do. Stack 15 has a pretty huge planter at balcony, so I will plant some plants, with a simple deck over and the fishes swimming underneath with some lights. Heaven, at least to me, with the breeze and views.

Hope these pointers helps.

For bay windows, it is really subjective, some like it, some don't. Put it that way, most direct use of it - a chair, resting place. During the walk with our parents, the first thing they go into the showflat, they put their backside right there and start chatting and looking at the greens - as if we had already moved in. smile.

The corridors that you mentioned, I guess were the 2 ends ones. while I do not have that in stack 15, I had a few ideas that may or may not work. My 2 cents idea = (1) convert into spice garden and start planting some ingredients for cooking, its that near to kitchen. (2) a Koi pond, a suitable place for its length and do give that "landed" property feel to the entrance. (3) may be illegal = storage space, it could covert into some storage with proper decking (not exactly sure how though), must explore.

Thats all for now, but I guess we have a few years to come out with better usage.

Smile.
Here I am ... #14..... watching like a hawk. Thanks everyone for the ideas, informantions and "Agent Koh" ...The "tao yan gui". Had a good laugh.

cloverian #15
21-07-08, 18:27
perhaps we can set up a yahoo or whatever group for clover owners. I think it might be easier to upload photos there :)

I hope someone could do that and we all can start something, that will be great and at least we do not have another agent ghosting around. Opps, its seventh month soon. smile.

Sadly, I'm a nerd in this and can't really start something, but I sure have information, pictures to start sharing. May I call this neighbourhood bonding sessions?

cloverian #15
21-07-08, 18:30
Here I am ... #14..... watching like a hawk. Thanks everyone for the ideas, informantions and "Agent Koh" ...The "tao yan gui". Had a good laugh.

Yippee. I have new found neighbours sharing the same lift core and stairs.

Have more information, sightings and ideas flowing.

Lucky Cloverian
21-07-08, 18:52
Yippee. I have new found neighbours sharing the same lift core and stairs.

Have more information, sightings and ideas flowing.
Looks like friendly neighbours are around the corner. 3 years... long wait.

Elden
21-07-08, 20:03
Yay! so many stack #05 friendly vertical neighbours! :)

I must go and change my name.

Photoshop
21-07-08, 20:54
played around with photoshop and my skills are still crap so, here it is...
an insight of what it might look like

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/cikgoo/test.jpg

Unregistered--
21-07-08, 21:01
Great work. Kudos..

dbs agent
21-07-08, 21:02
I prefer SIBOR to SOR because SIBOR is lower, so took HSBC SIBOR+0.7 thoughout lifetime of loan.

nobody like my package?

CloverUOB
21-07-08, 21:47
Not really so. It fluatuates, sometimes higher, sometimes lower. Just for example today, 3month SOR is lower at 1.11466% while the 3 month SIBOR is 1.125%.

clover
21-07-08, 22:57

that's a nice preview....good work and to all stack 5 vertical neighbours...cheers...mine is 3 bedder...still have not think about what to do with the planter box yet....but pond is definitely a good idea..cheers :)
if any good neighbour start a yahoo group..pls let me know...will sure love to join into the group....ok for now...wishes all cloverians a good nite sleep..sweet dream and guess we'll all be dreaming on how to best use the planter, bay window and balcony..haha :sleep:

clover
21-07-08, 23:01

Hihi..last thing before going for my sweet dream...welcome to the big familly of Cloverians.....cheers...well guess you'll have sweet dream for many nights to come...haha///:sleep:

i luv colver
21-07-08, 23:02
was there a penalty to change after signing the OTP?

Nil. I booked stack 9 on 2 Jul and changed to stack 5 the following day. Also, provided the price must be higher than the preceeding one.

Upgrader
21-07-08, 23:02
Hi, guys, probably I am the nearest to the clover:cool: , my current flat is only tens of meters away from it. I can check the progress every minute

I never thought buying a condo since I am a PR. Those days they sold the grassland in front of my window and started construction, I was quite unhappy:mad: soon after that I realized why not snap one rather than let them block my view

I visited the show flat on one Wednesday evening (the first day of openning) and signed the option the day after. Those 4 bedders in Stack 16 are really nice but sadly I can not afford, finally I chose 2x-15, 3-bedders instead. quite awkward floor facing the park, but no choice, nice ones already chosen by others the first day.

your discussions are very interesting, please go on. Good luck to all my future neigbours:)

CloverKaki
21-07-08, 23:08
Hi, guys, probably I am the nearest to the clover:cool: , my current flat is only tens of meters away from it. I can check the progress every minute

I never thought buying a condo since I am a PR. Those days they sold the grassland in front of my window and started construction, I was quite unhappy:mad: soon after that I realized why not snap one rather than let them block my view

I visited the show flat on one Wednesday evening (the first day of openning) and signed the option the day after. Those 4 bedders in Stack 16 are really nice but sadly I can not afford, finally I chose 2x-15, 3-bedders instead. quite awkward floor facing the park, but no choice, nice ones already chosen by others the first day.

your discussions are very interesting, please go on. Good luck to all my future neigbours:)

Great Move.
Mine at stack 14, will be just above the tree canopies.....

cl0ver
21-07-08, 23:10
Not really so. It fluatuates, sometimes higher, sometimes lower. Just for example today, 3month SOR is lower at 1.11466% while the 3 month SIBOR is 1.125%.

interesting....
i would have thought that the Singapore Interbank Offered Rate (Sibor) - the rate at which banks lend to each other is always lower than the swap offered rate (SOR), which is Sibor plus a bank's lending costs.

seems like an anomaly of a negative lending cost?

Cloverian #02-05
21-07-08, 23:14

Agent suggest to put wooden panels if you do not like plantation on planter box, can put cabinets on this wooden panels provided it can withstand the weight.

Bay windows is good to put cushion for sitting. The cooridors I have is big enough to store bicycles and shoes.

Clover King
22-07-08, 01:30
Dear Neighbours to be

Hear Ye Hear Ye.........

You are all now proud owners of Singapore best condo, not just in term of heights (where else can you get 3.15M ceiling), contemporary design, value as well as view, regardless of whatever facing you are getting. Just for your information, CLOVER is regarded as a lucky leave that will bring good health and prosperity to all those who owns one. For us, we own a tower of them, hence should be good feng-shui for everyone. Here, I wish all Cloverians good health and prosperous wealth. Personally, I am very excited and can hardly wait for the 3 years to come and go swiftly like the wind so that I can get to know each and everyone of you. Judging by the interest from the vast majority of ppl in this thread, it goes to show we share something in common i.e. one heart, one mind and one PEOPLE.......

Guess you guys must be wondering which stack I bought. To begin, I never had any intention to buy and on that very day when we (me and my wife) saw the signage that reads TO CLOVER BY THE PARK SHow Flat, we said to ourselves, forget it ...must be at least 900 psf. However, we thought what the heck, viewing is free and the rest is history....we drove home, took our cheque book and brought our children to the show room, not to view but to decide unanimously which unit in Stack 14 we should be buying. For once, I am glad I was out-voted by my family for choice as we went for the high floor

An experience to share, we have been going up to nearby HDB to catch a view of what to expect when CLover is ready. Believe me the panaromic view is unbelievable breath-taking from 25th storey of the HDB and you can even get a full view of Sembawang Ship yard. Can you imagine what is like on a 30+ storey. No regret bro and sis, Clover is the right choice and regardless of what the "sour grapes" and "sore losers" are saying, we have all made the right CHOICE.......................Go CLoverian Go Go GO

rogerang
22-07-08, 01:53
Hi all Cloverians. I can feel the joy in this thread. I feel happy for you all too. It reminds me of the same experience few years back when I bought a new condo in bishan. We started gethering future neighbours and forged closed friendship till today. Many of the poineers share ideals and it became a force that the developer and 1st managing agent got to acknowledge with. Many went on to set up the MA and became council members till date. I hope the best for all cloverians.

I have a forum setup last year but did not utilise it. Its more for my personal experience of setting up a forum.

It is a free forum. Ive created a section for cloverian. Feel free to post there. Will make improvement if it turns out popular. Do note that I do not benefit in anyway and just thought I had a forum created but not utilise. So see if you guys would like to post there.
Thanks and take care.

http://sgpropertyforum.com (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)

GoCloverGo
22-07-08, 09:28
Would anyone know how would the upcoming DBSS flats in AMK and Bishan affect the prices of Clover? Drove past AMK DBSS yesterday, seems like the features and area of the units are pretty similar to clover, and going for 600K for a 120m sq ft unit only. Heard also that Bishan DBSS is huge! Does anyone think they are a better buy?

cl0ver
22-07-08, 09:55
Would anyone know how would the upcoming DBSS flats in AMK and Bishan affect the prices of Clover? Drove past AMK DBSS yesterday, seems like the features and area of the units are pretty similar to clover, and going for 600K for a 120m sq ft unit only. Heard also that Bishan DBSS is huge! Does anyone think they are a better buy?

Different crowd. HDB means u have to be eligible. Meaning first time buyer, earn combined under 8k a month, cannot sell in 5yrs, cannot rent full unit, etc.....
Also, DBSS AMK 120sqm is 600-700k. I think DBSS Bishan would be 650-750k because of next to MRT.
I dont know about the quality and finishing of United Eng, but im confident that Sim Lian's finishing always gets good nod, since they are a Construction firm while the rest would normally outsource construction...

cloverian #15
22-07-08, 10:11
Yay! so many stack #05 friendly vertical neighbours! :)

I must go and change my name.

I am so so jealous! But equally happy with friendly neighbours in this estate. smile.

cloverian #15
22-07-08, 10:14

Well done. Many thanks for increasing the value of our property!

Housing Agent get this map = shows potential buyer = get more sales and sold at higher price.

CloverKaki
22-07-08, 10:15
Different crowd. HDB means u have to be eligible. Meaning first time buyer, earn combined under 8k a month, cannot sell in 5yrs, cannot rent full unit, etc.....
Also, DBSS AMK 120sqm is 600-700k. I think DBSS Bishan would be 650-750k because of next to MRT.
I dont know about the quality and finishing of United Eng, but im confident that Sim Lian's finishing always gets good nod, since they are a Construction firm while the rest would normally outsource construction...

DBSS Bishan will be in st 24 (not exactly near MRT).

cloverian #15
22-07-08, 10:32

Great move and finally I found my vertical neighbour! I love stack 16 as well but were really out of my range. I finally settle #1x-15. Don't worry about the awkwardness, you surely will fall in love with your view sooner or later. In fact most owners here will have great views!

Will be great if you can keep track of the progress and post some pictures here for those (like me) who stays far and cannot monitor as quickly.

Welcome to the family or should I say you welcome us to the family as I guess you the first few who signed before most of us. Smile.

cl0ver
22-07-08, 10:33
you are right. I got mixed up with another site!
lets look at all the DBSS sites

1) DBSS Tampines (Sim Lian) bought at $114 psft ppr
2) DBSS BoonKeng (HoiHup) bought at $234 psft ppr
3) DBSS AMK (UntEng) bought at $212 psft ppr
4) DBSS Bishan (Qingdao) bought at $237 psft ppr

about the winner:

A third China-based company has ventured into Singapore's property sector by placing the highest bid of $135.9 million (or $237 psf ppr) for the Bishan DBSS tender that closed yesterday.

Qingdao's plan is to build a 400-unit development and will release the launch prices and date later. PropNex CEO Mohamed Ismail said that if Qingdao Construction was awarded the project, the sale price would probably be above $600 psf, which is more than $600,000 for a four-room flat. He opined that this price is reasonable for a flat in Bishan.

Qingdao Construction Group has been in Singapore for the last nine years and has entered the property market to capitalize on the demand for premier HDB flats. Qingdao's business activities are financially backed by the China Development Bank and the Export-Import Bank of China. A Savills analyst noted that the Chinese Govt is seen seeking more overseas investments and this may in turn see more Chinese developers and construction firms seeking investments in Singapore.

On the design of the DBSS project, Qingdao said that it would be importing China products for the facilities in the project. ...

>$600 psft for a 4RM HDB flat just acrossed the road. I think Clover will be sold out before this DBSS is launched!

cloverian #15
22-07-08, 10:38
Dear Neighbours to be

Hear Ye Hear Ye.........

You are all now proud owners of Singapore best condo, not just in term of heights (where else can you get 3.15M ceiling), contemporary design, value as well as view, regardless of whatever facing you are getting. Just for your information, CLOVER is regarded as a lucky leave that will bring good health and prosperity to all those who owns one. For us, we own a tower of them, hence should be good feng-shui for everyone. Here, I wish all Cloverians good health and prosperous wealth. Personally, I am very excited and can hardly wait for the 3 years to come and go swiftly like the wind so that I can get to know each and everyone of you. Judging by the interest from the vast majority of ppl in this thread, it goes to show we share something in common i.e. one heart, one mind and one PEOPLE.......

Guess you guys must be wondering which stack I bought. To begin, I never had any intention to buy and on that very day when we (me and my wife) saw the signage that reads TO CLOVER BY THE PARK SHow Flat, we said to ourselves, forget it ...must be at least 900 psf. However, we thought what the heck, viewing is free and the rest is history....we drove home, took our cheque book and brought our children to the show room, not to view but to decide unanimously which unit in Stack 14 we should be buying. For once, I am glad I was out-voted by my family for choice as we went for the high floor

An experience to share, we have been going up to nearby HDB to catch a view of what to expect when CLover is ready. Believe me the panaromic view is unbelievable breath-taking from 25th storey of the HDB and you can even get a full view of Sembawang Ship yard. Can you imagine what is like on a 30+ storey. No regret bro and sis, Clover is the right choice and regardless of what the "sour grapes" and "sore losers" are saying, we have all made the right CHOICE.......................Go CLoverian Go Go GO

Ding Dong, my dear neighbour ... can I borrow your views from the balcony please? smile.

From what you say, yours must be pretty high up there! I must start to learn how to bake some cakes and make some excuses to visit you. 3 years should be sufficient. What cakes would you like sir? smile.

propertyinvestor
22-07-08, 10:55
you are right. I got mixed up with another site!
lets look at all the DBSS sites

1) DBSS Tampines (Sim Lian) bought at $114 psft ppr
2) DBSS BoonKeng (HoiHup) bought at $234 psft ppr
3) DBSS AMK (UntEng) bought at $212 psft ppr
4) DBSS Bishan (Qingdao) bought at $237 psft ppr

about the winner:

A third China-based company has ventured into Singapore's property sector by placing the highest bid of $135.9 million (or $237 psf ppr) for the Bishan DBSS tender that closed yesterday.

Qingdao's plan is to build a 400-unit development and will release the launch prices and date later. PropNex CEO Mohamed Ismail said that if Qingdao Construction was awarded the project, the sale price would probably be above $600 psf, which is more than $600,000 for a four-room flat. He opined that this price is reasonable for a flat in Bishan.

Qingdao Construction Group has been in Singapore for the last nine years and has entered the property market to capitalize on the demand for premier HDB flats. Qingdao's business activities are financially backed by the China Development Bank and the Export-Import Bank of China. A Savills analyst noted that the Chinese Govt is seen seeking more overseas investments and this may in turn see more Chinese developers and construction firms seeking investments in Singapore.

On the design of the DBSS project, Qingdao said that it would be importing China products for the facilities in the project. ...

>$600 psft for a 4RM HDB flat just acrossed the road. I think Clover will be sold out before this DBSS is launched!

Thanks for your good informations. It is indeed a good news for the Cloverians. :jump-for-joy::jump-for-joy::jump-for-joy:

$600PSF for a DBSS, Clover will be definitely a much better choice.

cl0ver
22-07-08, 11:02
Thanks for your good informations. It is indeed a good news for the Cloverians. :jump-for-joy::jump-for-joy::jump-for-joy:

$600PSF for a DBSS, Clover will be definitely a much better choice.

This was quoted by PropNex CEO not me ok....
Lets see what the final price to be launched by Qingdao

cl0ver
22-07-08, 11:08
anyone bought 39 floor? If you do, then please invite all of us to your open terrace to have a BBQ...
It would be an amazing sight up on 40th storey !!!!!

cl0ver
22-07-08, 11:46
ok, another view by ERA. I guess PropNex was just talking like a true property agent!

China firm is top bidder for HDB’s Bishan plot
Posted by lushhomeonline on February 21, 2008

THE results of the most recent tender for a Bishan plot illustrates how foreign players are increasingly making inroads into privately developed public housing here.

China’s Qingdao Construction Group Corporation emerged as the top contender for a 1.5ha plot in Bishan Street 24 with a bid of $135.9 million, almost $20 million more than the next bidder.

The Housing Board will evaluate the tender, which closed on Tuesday. It is expected to announce the winning bid in the next two weeks.

Qingdao, which has been building in Singapore for the past nine years, out-bid home-grown Sim Lian Land and a local-foreign joint venture comprising Hoi Hup Realty and Malaysia’s Sunway Concrete Products.

Sim Lian’s bid of $116 million was the second highest.

Blocks in the Bishan development can go up to about 50 storeys. Qingdao said on Tuesday it will build more than 400 flats on the land.

Qingdao’s bid was the equivalent of $237 per sq ft (psf) per plot ratio. ERA Singapore assistant vice-president Eugene Lim estimates the break-even cost at $400 psf, making the selling price of the flats at $440 to $480 psf.

The site is the fourth put up for tender under the HDB’s Design, Build and Sell Scheme. This basically gives private developers the freedom to design, build and price flats as long as they work within the general rules of public housing. For example, flats must be easy to maintain and cannot be sold to families earning more than $8,000 a month.

About 1,500 more such flats are being planned for Toa Payoh, Simei and Bedok.

Qingdao, which has more than 20 branches in countries outside China, has been building mainly HDB flats on contract, so the Bishan tender marks its first foray into the local real estate industry as a developer.

Source : Straits Times - 21 Feb 2008

cloverian #15
22-07-08, 14:25
ok, another view by ERA. I guess PropNex was just talking like a true property agent!

China firm is top bidder for HDB’s Bishan plot
Posted by lushhomeonline on February 21, 2008

THE results of the most recent tender for a Bishan plot illustrates how foreign players are increasingly making inroads into privately developed public housing here.

China’s Qingdao Construction Group Corporation emerged as the top contender for a 1.5ha plot in Bishan Street 24 with a bid of $135.9 million, almost $20 million more than the next bidder.

The Housing Board will evaluate the tender, which closed on Tuesday. It is expected to announce the winning bid in the next two weeks.

Qingdao, which has been building in Singapore for the past nine years, out-bid home-grown Sim Lian Land and a local-foreign joint venture comprising Hoi Hup Realty and Malaysia’s Sunway Concrete Products.

Sim Lian’s bid of $116 million was the second highest.

Blocks in the Bishan development can go up to about 50 storeys. Qingdao said on Tuesday it will build more than 400 flats on the land.

Qingdao’s bid was the equivalent of $237 per sq ft (psf) per plot ratio. ERA Singapore assistant vice-president Eugene Lim estimates the break-even cost at $400 psf, making the selling price of the flats at $440 to $480 psf.

The site is the fourth put up for tender under the HDB’s Design, Build and Sell Scheme. This basically gives private developers the freedom to design, build and price flats as long as they work within the general rules of public housing. For example, flats must be easy to maintain and cannot be sold to families earning more than $8,000 a month.

About 1,500 more such flats are being planned for Toa Payoh, Simei and Bedok.

Qingdao, which has more than 20 branches in countries outside China, has been building mainly HDB flats on contract, so the Bishan tender marks its first foray into the local real estate industry as a developer.

Source : Straits Times - 21 Feb 2008

"Qingdao’s bid was the equivalent of $237 per sq ft (psf) per plot ratio. "

"...estimates the break-even cost at $400 psf, making the selling price of the flats at $440 to $480 psf."

May I offer a slightly different view as follows;
construction cost had increase by more than 15% from feb till july, this is including the inflation and high cost for both building materials and steel. The guide for mid or entry level condo is now pegged at $260psf based on latest QS reports (http://www.sg.rlb.com/documents/cost/reports/may_08.pdf). So we look at the following equation;

land cost $237 + construction cost $260 = $497 say $500psf.

This equation will mean a decent profit from this development will need to sell between $550-$600 psf.

This is purely estimate from construction viewpoint. Unless the developer had secured the building materials in feb 08, he will be looking at this construction cost to build.

We shall see when it launches.

CloverKaki
22-07-08, 15:19
anyone bought 39 floor? If you do, then please invite all of us to your open terrace to have a BBQ...
It would be an amazing sight up on 40th storey !!!!!
About the makerover of the Kallang River, understood that the PUB/NPB has engaged
This company is giving a presentation at Singapore Garden Festival Expo 2008«Suntec City Convention & Exhibition Centre · Singapore>>. Wonder if the presentation will be on the Bishan Park Waterscaping.

cl0ver
22-07-08, 15:22
they say take materials from China wor.....
i'd be worried if QC is an issue.....

* of coz we can't stereotype all china companies of having bad QCs..... but still i would be cautious.

CloverKaki
22-07-08, 15:23
About the makerover of the Kallang River, understood that the PUB/NPB has engaged
This company is giving a presentation at Singapore Garden Festival Expo 2008«Suntec City Convention & Exhibition Centre · Singapore>>. Wonder if the presentation will be on the Bishan Park Waterscaping.
I am referring to Atelier Dreisetl Waterscape. In their website, they showcase BishanPark Maker as one of their current project.
http://www.dreiseitl.de/index.php?id=525&lang=en

Also you also find that the NPB is looking to tender out this project in Nov 2008.

It will be exciting to see the development of this waterscaping project development concurrent with the Clover build up.

CloverKaki
22-07-08, 15:26
they say take materials from China wor.....
i'd be worried if QC is an issue.....

* of coz we can't stereotype all china companies of having bad QCs..... but still i would be cautious.

I presumed others will understood these materials are for DBSS Bishan (as report on Qingdao comments) NOT Clover

cl0ver
22-07-08, 15:59
I presumed others will understood these materials are for DBSS Bishan (as report on Qingdao comments) NOT Clover

of coz lah, Clover is SIM LIAN wor..... highly regarded as good finishing of highest quality in the market....

clover738
22-07-08, 20:39
Good evening Cloverians

You may already know this, but I thought I should also alert you to 2 road projects that will eventually link us to the eastern and western sides of Singapore, avoiding both the CTE and the PIE.

They are:

1. Extension of Bartley Road to Tampines Avenue 10 project:
http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/on_the_roads/road_projects/bartley_road.html

2. Outer Ring Road System project:
http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/on_the_roads/road_projects/orrs.html

I currently reside at Tampines and in time to come the ORSS and Tampines Avenue 10 extension will allow you to zip across (parallel to the PIE) from Bishan to Tampines/Bedok reservoir within minutes. In effect it will be like an expressway because there will be almost no traffic lights, once you turn into Bradell Road from Bishan Road.

The same goes for the other direction where you can hit Holland V area, Queenstown and the AYE once the Mt Alvernia junction/overhead is ready.

So while we may worry a bit about the CTE jam, there are still many ways out.

Go Clover!

clover738
22-07-08, 20:44
Sorry I am not sure why the URL was not shown in full.
However, visit onemotoring.com.sg for the full info.

CloverKaki
22-07-08, 21:36
Good evening Cloverians

You may already know this, but I thought I should also alert you to 2 road projects that will eventually link us to the eastern and western sides of Singapore, avoiding both the CTE and the PIE.

They are:

1. Extension of Bartley Road to Tampines Avenue 10 project:
http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/on_the_roads/road_projects/bartley_road.html

2. Outer Ring Road System project:
http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/on_the_roads/road_projects/orrs.html

I currently reside at Tampines and in time to come the ORSS and Tampines Avenue 10 extension will allow you to zip across (parallel to the PIE) from Bishan to Tampines/Bedok reservoir within minutes. In effect it will be like an expressway because there will be almost no traffic lights, once you turn into Bradell Road from Bishan Road.

The same goes for the other direction where you can hit Holland V area, Queenstown and the AYE once the Mt Alvernia junction/overhead is ready.

So while we may worry a bit about the CTE jam, there are still many ways out.

Go Clover!

Wow, Thank God this is great news.
I am also currently staying in Tampines. Our logistics arrangement will be eased by this development....

clover738
22-07-08, 21:53

Hi CloverKaki,
We are vertical neighbour. I intend to take photos over the coming months. Should be exciting for all of us Cloverians.

Clover King
22-07-08, 22:24
Ding Dong, my dear neighbour ... can I borrow your views from the balcony please? smile.

From what you say, yours must be pretty high up there! I must start to learn how to bake some cakes and make some excuses to visit you. 3 years should be sufficient. What cakes would you like sir? smile.

Which stack and floor did you buy? If directly downstair, dont need to bother the ding dong, I just lower a basket to your balcony and you can pass me the Banana Cake. By the look of it, you must be a good cook and baker. Hope to be able to gather all genuine Cloverians for a "pot-luck" get together when TOP. This way, you can bake lots of cakes for all your lovely neighbours and I will fry lots of Char Bee Hoon with Abalone for all my friendly neighbour.

On more point to be proud of as Cloverians is that our THREAD in the site is one of the best that is most meaningful and useful for all of us cos we are all genuinely sharing knowledgeable information to help answer each other questions and concern. Keep this up and before the 3 years are up, we could either end up boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, blood brother/sisters or clansmen................Go Clover GO GO

CloverLover
22-07-08, 22:37
Just wanna share something here about the WC in the yard area.
The area with a toilet bowl and a basin looks so small to fit a person comfortably.
You can ask the agent to arrange for you to remove these 2 items totally while maintaining a tap for future usage.
I have requested this to the agent, but after some thought, I think I may want to move the basin directly opposite to the other wall to create more space in case washing is needed.

P/S: I'm that Cloverian-ToBe, Cloverian-Finally and Cloverian #02-05, finally register a nick.

AgentKhoo
22-07-08, 22:48
The area with a toilet bowl and a basin looks so small to fit a person comfortably.
You can ask the agent to arrange for you to remove these 2 items totally while maintaining a tap for future usage.
I have requested this to the agent, but after some thought, I think I may want to move the basin directly opposite to the other wall to create more space in case washing is needed.

P/S: I'm that Cloverian-ToBe, Cloverian-Finally and Cloverian #02-05, finally register a nick.

Co0ongrats

cl0ver
22-07-08, 23:00
Hi, by popular demand, i just created a place for all of us!

http://cloverbythepark.freeforums.org

Its still new, so let me know if there are hiccups. Will eventually secure a domain and park it as www.cloverbytheparkforum.com or something....

so, register and see you there !

cloverian#5
22-07-08, 23:02

I didn't know we can request to remove the fixtures which we don't need. That's great :) I'm first time suaku condo buyer, can somebody enlighten me when we should inform the developer on our specific request to remove certain fixtures?

Re: balcony
I know we cannot build windows in the llving room balcony because it might spoil the whole aesthetic view of the building. How about the other 2 balconies which are facing inside, i.e the entrance and the yard? Anyone know?

cl0ver
22-07-08, 23:05
I didn't know we can request to remove the fixtures which we don't need. That's great :) I'm first time suaku condo buyer, can somebody enlighten me when we should inform the developer on our specific request to remove certain fixtures?

Re: balcony
I know we cannot build windows in the llving room balcony because it might spoil the whole aesthetic view of the building. How about the other 2 balconies which are facing inside, i.e the entrance and the yard? Anyone know?

you cannot conceal a balcony. You can put grills and hang some shades / blinds

CloverLover
22-07-08, 23:17
My friend who lives in a condo told me about this.
You can even request to remove the bath tub, but subject to approval by the developer.
Ask anything to the agent to find out which one they can do.

This forum "http://cloverbythepark.freeforums.org", the refresh rate kind of slow, any chance to improve it or get a better website? (it's so thoughtful of you to start a forum for Cloverians, thanks man).

lucky clover
22-07-08, 23:24
Dear neighbours, I wish to have the balcony and yard covered up too. Please share your ideas.
Also want to remove the shelves in the bathrooms and have a water tap fixed in balcony for easy clean-up and plant watering.
Anyone interested? maybe we can make request together.

cl0ver
23-07-08, 07:46
can someone try to register?

I just changed the stylesheets, hopefully its faster to load.
I heard this is the #1 free forum hosting site.

CloverLover
23-07-08, 09:47
can someone try to register?

I just changed the stylesheets, hopefully its faster to load.
I heard this is the #1 free forum hosting site.

Nice, the forum is so much faster.
Shall we Cloverians go there to chit chat about our future homes?

Elden
23-07-08, 10:54
I wonder how strict the security will be. I hope its not so so strict until you need to owner authorisation even to enter and take a lift. That would create a really big hassle.

Security at the guard house is sufficient I feel.

Imagine if we are having an event, like a house warming, and every single guest not only has to give up their IC at the gate, they also need to call in to some intercom to your house which you have to acknowledge in order for them to even take the lift up to your floor.

I know of one condo that has such an onerous and strict security and to me, its just a bit too much. It becomes a hassle already at that stage.

CloverCondo
23-07-08, 11:07
I wonder how strict the security will be. I hope its not so so strict until you need to owner authorisation even to enter and take a lift. That would create a really big hassle.

Security at the guard house is sufficient I feel.

Imagine if we are having an event, like a house warming, and every single guest not only has to give up their IC at the gate, they also need to call in to some intercom to your house which you have to acknowledge in order for them to even take the lift up to your floor.

I know of one condo that has such an onerous and strict security and to me, its just a bit too much. It becomes a hassle already at that stage.

For security at my current condo, guest will be let in when the security clears with us. When the guest reach our block, they call us via intercom/video before we allow them to access the main lobby gate. Thats works fine with us. We can leave our door open and feel safe, leave our bikes unlock and feel secure.

Elden
23-07-08, 11:13
Seems like super strict leh. Imagine if got a wedding or big event being held. Then won't you need to have someone stationed there all the time to keep on acknowledging and pressing the intercom? :scared-4:

CloverCondo
23-07-08, 11:20
Seems like super strict leh. Imagine if got a wedding or big event being held. Then won't you need to have someone stationed there all the time to keep on acknowledging and pressing the intercom? :scared-4:
Just as we would in HDB as answering door bell. You do not want anyone to just walk in your house, don't you?
If you have wedding, big function. I presumed you would normally held at the function hall. Just provide your guest car numbers to the security for them to clear and the security to direct the guest to the function room.

cl0ver
23-07-08, 12:44
its all subjective and can be determined at the MC meetings.

i luv clover
23-07-08, 13:03
Just as we would in HDB as answering door bell. You do not want anyone to just walk in your house, don't you?
If you have wedding, big function. I presumed you would normally held at the function hall. Just provide your guest car numbers to the security for them to clear and the security to direct the guest to the function room.

as the name spelled "private property".....I prefer tighter security...not only protect your house but for your love ones too......just notify the guard that you expecting some guests and normally they will let them in...:)

cl0ver
23-07-08, 13:34
i would sack the guard if they just let anyone walk in.....
anyways, i'm sure the guard house will have standard policies...

i would like to know more on the access to side gates, will they be card key driven?
Also, i heard no dedicated carparks and its first come first served. Would prefer it to be dedicated for convenience

Cloved
23-07-08, 13:54
Wah.... so many peopel kena cloved hah.......

CloverLover
23-07-08, 14:16
Did you guys manage to get any dimensions on the floor plan?
Good to have so that we can start planning the furniture and decor.
I can help to convert it to 2D or 3D file for your interior designer. :D

cloverian#5
23-07-08, 14:39

I know who will have the actual dimension...
The interior design company that did the showroom..:D

frontosa
23-07-08, 14:50

You are getting very excited, still so long before TOP rite?

CloverLover
23-07-08, 15:13
Guys, I'm very excited after I bought the unit, never have felt so happy before.
I keep refreshing this forum every now and then, hoping some cloverians will write something.
I can dream about my future home whenever at work or at sleep.
I think I'm getting crazy over it. :D

Btw, my friend ask me to go back to the show flat to take some pictures of the interior design to keep as ideas for my new home. I will ask the agent if I can do so, then I can them here for discussion.

i luv clover
23-07-08, 15:23
relax leh my friend...still got 3 more years...by then the design trend will be different liao...

Unregistered118
23-07-08, 15:39
relax leh my friend...still got 3 more years...by then the design trend will be different liao...

Yes. I think it is normal for new condo owner to get very excited after signing on the dotted line. When I bought my new condo some years ago, some of them even started to recommend the interior designers and provided phone numbers to contact and so forth... Then later, cool down for almost 3 years. Then when TOP get nearer, the topics on interior design gets HOT again...

martingale
23-07-08, 15:44
Some photos to enjoy!

cloverian#5
23-07-08, 15:46
For security at my current condo, guest will be let in when the security clears with us. When the guest reach our block, they call us via intercom/video before we allow them to access the main lobby gate. Thats works fine with us. We can leave our door open and feel safe, leave our bikes unlock and feel secure.

personally, i prefer just to have the security check at the guard house i.e the guest only need to register themselves at the guard house, the guard can verify with the resident before letting the guests in.

Additional security procedure like intercom at the building lobby to ask the resident to 'unlock the lift 'and surrender of ic are a bit too much lor.. one of our friends stay in a condo that have this kind of tight security and we really don't like to go to his house.. We kena lock out of the lift before because we exceed the time limit given.. we end up having to exit the building, call our friend again to unlock the lift..... To me, it is like going into some highly classified research facility in the building.

CloverLover
23-07-08, 17:01
Note that there will not be any visual intercom in Clover, the guard will only call you through our normal telephone line.

CloverClover
23-07-08, 17:17
Note that there will not be any visual intercom in Clover, the guard will only call you through our normal telephone line.
Any idea if there is gate at the lift lobby?

cl0ver
23-07-08, 17:18
hey guys, why not bring all the conversations to

http://cloverbythepark.freeforums.org/

CloverLover
23-07-08, 18:46
I have already registered myself at http://cloverbythepark.freeforums.org.
Better discuss at designated website to contain all the info about Clover.

cloverian #15
23-07-08, 18:53
I'm in the new forum too. Lets have more people joining that new site to reduce;
A. Nonsense messages
B. Gatecrashers posting
C. Negative reports all the time
D. Sour grapes
E. Non constructive messages

But also sadly, we will miss the laughter from some funny post by you-know-who.

Smile.

CloverLover
23-07-08, 19:54
ROGER !!! :D

Clover King
23-07-08, 22:02
I have already registered myself at http://cloverbythepark.freeforums.org.
Better discuss at designated website to contain all the info about Clover.

I think its better to continue this THREAD instead of going to a private one kindly created by our fellow Cloverian. Reason being, we can attract more Cloverian to join in our interesting and enlightening forum

Clovergo
23-07-08, 22:36
Agreed !!! Better to stay here for now and use the private forum when it is TOP. Btw, just join you guys as cloverian too. I'm on stack 3. Anyone on stack 3 too? :p

CloverLover
23-07-08, 22:41
Agreed !!! Better to stay here for now and use the private forum when it is TOP. Btw, just join you guys as cloverian too. I'm on stack 3. Anyone on stack 3 too? :p

We can post here to attact new Cloverians and post there to create more constructive ideas.

So, what are the units remaining after you book your unit?

Clover King
23-07-08, 22:55
Welcome to you CloverGo....you have made the right choice. Here's a flavour of what type of neighbours you can expect to have....decent, civic minded, considerate, polite, caring and the list go on and on......

Just curious, after you have booked your unit, did u check on how many units are left?

Clovergo
23-07-08, 23:34
Told by the agent is 6/8/9/11 floor and more high floor were sold. Do I have any vertical neighbour in this forum?;)

cl0ver
23-07-08, 23:41
to tell you guys the truth, they are almost at 50% of the whole 616 units. I got conflicting results from 2 agents.
Stacks 6 and 7 facing HDBs are the hardest to sell it seems.

Clovergo
23-07-08, 23:52
I'm still scouting around which bank to engage for my loan, is there any good suggestion? I notice that they use SIBOR or SOR rate. Is there a big difference between the 2 rates? Is SOR always higher than SIBOR? Which is more stable (less fluctuation ...)? .... :scared-5: :scared-5: pls advise ... don't know which one to go ....:eek: :doh:

CloverLover
24-07-08, 09:26
I'm still scouting around which bank to engage for my loan, is there any good suggestion? I notice that they use SIBOR or SOR rate. Is there a big difference between the 2 rates? Is SOR always higher than SIBOR? Which is more stable (less fluctuation ...)? .... :scared-5: :scared-5: pls advise ... don't know which one to go ....:eek: :doh:

Go check the other forum for kang tao from Cloveradmin.
Cheers!

cloverian #15
24-07-08, 09:41
We can post here to attact new Cloverians and post there to create more constructive ideas.

So, what are the units remaining after you book your unit?

Agree. We can do both, and read from both.
smile.

cloverian #15
24-07-08, 09:43

Welcome Clovergo to the one big family here.
SIBOR seems to be the flavour of the month and I think HSBC have a attractive one.

I guess you are the first in stack 3. smile.

cloverian #15
24-07-08, 09:49
Which stack and floor did you buy? If directly downstair, dont need to bother the ding dong, I just lower a basket to your balcony and you can pass me the Banana Cake. By the look of it, you must be a good cook and baker. Hope to be able to gather all genuine Cloverians for a "pot-luck" get together when TOP. This way, you can bake lots of cakes for all your lovely neighbours and I will fry lots of Char Bee Hoon with Abalone for all my friendly neighbour.

On more point to be proud of as Cloverians is that our THREAD in the site is one of the best that is most meaningful and useful for all of us cos we are all genuinely sharing knowledgeable information to help answer each other questions and concern. Keep this up and before the 3 years are up, we could either end up boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, blood brother/sisters or clansmen................Go Clover GO GO

I'm in stack 15, level 1X. Hope that we are close enough. I am not a good baker, just cooking for interest... but my kitchen pretty small and I guess I may have to borrow kitchen...smile.

I love char bee hoon wor.

Looks more and more interesting posts ahead, with plenty of help around.

cloverian#5
24-07-08, 09:57

Maybe future in laws... hahaha ;)

CloverLover
24-07-08, 10:33
Anyone got any idea why Sim Lian needs 3.5 years to build?
I thought usually it's 2.5 years.