PDA

View Full Version : Amery (Sim Lian)

abyss
21-06-08, 22:42
Hi

did any of you guys visit Amery which has just been launched?
any comments?

kurby
22-06-08, 18:36
Just saw it today....at average of 860 psf, am not sure if that is a good price...but at Ipoh lane, the Versilia is going for 1000 psf....but again some smaller development at Telok Kurau is going for abt 800psf....so not sure if price is good...

But one thing for sure....it has one of the bigger units around that area....3 bedrooms are average 120sqm...pool is 30m length.....most units will have unblocked views

In my opinion, not a bad development....not just whether price is right...hmm.....

??
23-06-08, 10:13
Just saw it today....at average of 860 psf, am not sure if that is a good price...but at Ipoh lane, the Versilia is going for 1000 psf....but again some smaller development at Telok Kurau is going for abt 800psf....so not sure if price is good...

But one thing for sure....it has one of the bigger units around that area....3 bedrooms are average 120sqm...pool is 30m length.....most units will have unblocked views

In my opinion, not a bad development....not just whether price is right...hmm.....

is this 99-year leasehold or freehold?

ER
23-06-08, 11:00
is this 99-year leasehold or freehold?

Freehold.

Nice project but i have issue with the big yard/balcony at the back of the kitchen.

kurby
23-06-08, 12:05
yeap that is a big yard/balcony....think they cannot decide whether it is a yard or balcony, cause it is accessible thru the kitchen and bedroom 3....strange...

However, if we could remove one wall of bedroom 3, then we could extend the area of bedroom 3.....have to ask the agent if this is possible....

Unregistered2
23-06-08, 13:26
Freehold.

Nice project but i have issue with the big yard/balcony at the back of the kitchen.

any more details of the development like location, facilities, etc?

Unregistered3
23-06-08, 14:28
Can't do anything about the door to the huge yard...I asked liao. Can't een seal up that door or enclose the yard space, which is REALLY huge...

Unregistered3
23-06-08, 14:30
It's a Telok Kurau Lorong K...within 1 km of Tao Nan...there's a pool, basement carpark.... no tennis court...pretty much what you normally find in new condos

kurby
23-06-08, 20:56
I think the huge yard is going to be a BIG minus for Amery...looking at the floorplan..some yard are as big as a bedroom...why do we need such a big yard?

abyss
23-06-08, 21:06
I think the huge yard is going to be a BIG minus for Amery...looking at the floorplan..some yard are as big as a bedroom...why do we need such a big yard?

actually i see the big yard as a plus leh, quite practical, besides doing laundry, can play mahjong and can be a nice cosy corner that overlooks the garden or the pool.

The other plus point is the high ceiling and spacious bedrooms. Some minor -ve points is maybe the kitchen cabinet dont have the slam proof feature and the pool width is bit small. I saw they have a gym also, but dunno how big is it.

kurby
23-06-08, 23:04
Would you prefer to play mahjong in your back yard or at your balcony? I would prefer the balcony....Look at the floorplan for the 3 bedroom one...it looked almost like the size of the bedroom...the one at the showroom doesn't look that big cause the showroom one is a 4-bedroom layout...where the yard is smaller compared to the rooms.....

Overall it this development looks quite good...at least the pool length is 30m.....further down the road, the Palm Galleria...the pool length is 9m??

Anyone knows how many units sold?? first sat they sold 11 units.....

abyss
24-06-08, 08:54
Would you prefer to play mahjong in your back yard or at your balcony? I would prefer the balcony....Look at the floorplan for the 3 bedroom one...it looked almost like the size of the bedroom...the one at the showroom doesn't look that big cause the showroom one is a 4-bedroom layout...where the yard is smaller compared to the rooms.....

Overall it this development looks quite good...at least the pool length is 30m.....further down the road, the Palm Galleria...the pool length is 9m??

Anyone knows how many units sold?? first sat they sold 11 units.....

wah piang! 9m how to swim? haha

today straits time reported that it sold 16 units out of 39 units launched during the weekend out of a total 78 units. Maybe the crowd were drawn to the buzz at the dakota residence, I went there to take a look as well during the weekend, so crowded.

ocean
24-06-08, 09:58
i think big yard/balcony in kitchen is a standard layout of sim lian's projects..

Unregistered3
25-06-08, 10:18
In this day and age where the space we live in is so small...I prefer a smaller/effcient yard...just sufficient for laundry etc...

buy
25-06-08, 21:56
the bigger the space, the more one have to pay

lbb
26-06-08, 22:54
I guess it's quite a nice project. Rather similar to the neighbouring Poshgrove. Layout was pretty good, and the high ceiling's really a plus point. But the pricing a little steep for a development of it's location. Would rather get a unit at Poshgrove, TOP earlier as welll.

abyss
29-06-08, 21:35
anyone knows how is Amery selling?
i went to the other sim lian project 'clover' at bishan this evening, it was so crowded! clover is more mass (600 units) while amery is more exclusive (76 units) but clover has the bishan park view while amery doesn't have much view to offer.

the furnishing is the same as what i've seen in Amery, dunno if it's typical of Sim Lian, but somehow they dont state the brand of the taps, aircon that will be used in the project. I've been to others projects and they will usually tell you specifically the brand they will use.

vino
29-06-08, 22:40
anyone knows how is Amery selling?
i went to the other sim lian project 'clover' at bishan this evening, it was so crowded! clover is more mass (600 units) while amery is more exclusive (76 units) but clover has the bishan park view while amery doesn't have much view to offer.

the furnishing is the same as what i've seen in Amery, dunno if it's typical of Sim Lian, but somehow they dont state the brand of the taps, aircon that will be used in the project. I've been to others projects and they will usually tell you specifically the brand they will use.

Amery sold 22 units out of 78 as of 28/6/08....agent told me price is sticky.

SMGN
30-06-08, 21:25
No wonder bad performance. 9m pool can't accomodate 3 persons. Small development, no facility, no character, looks like factory, cramped area which lacks privacy/exclusivity. Who would buy?

abyss
30-06-08, 22:39
No wonder bad performance. 9m pool can't accomodate 3 persons. Small development, no facility, no character, looks like factory, cramped area which lacks privacy/exclusivity. Who would buy?

No lah, 9m was referring to Palm Galleria, Amery pool is 33m.

abyss
30-06-08, 22:42

sticky, meaning price not negoitiable?
the % of units sold is a far cry from their clover project.
For Amery they were offering 15%+5% during the initially launch, not sure if they will lower down the price now.

kurby
30-06-08, 23:43

I would buy if the price is better....for one the units are of bigger size compared to many developments. Well at least when I walked into the rooms it actually felt spacious...the high ceiling helps I guess......

registered
01-07-08, 12:05
No lah, 9m was referring to Palm Galleria, Amery pool is 33m.

since when does the sale performance of a project is directly linked to the size of the pool. There are so many factors to be considered and the size of a pool is, to be frank, the least of my concerns.

registered also
01-07-08, 13:55
since when does the sale performance of a project is directly linked to the size of the pool. There are so many factors to be considered and the size of a pool is, to be frank, the least of my concerns.

The main reason why this is not attractive to me is becoz it has a HUGE yard and it is only one of the many many smallish apts/condos along Telok Kurau...which doesn't has an identity...too rojak with landed and apts...

buy
01-07-08, 21:16
small units for small families

vino
02-07-08, 21:57
For Amery they were offering 15%+5% during the initially launch, not sure if they will lower down the price now.

Price is non negotiable at least for now.

What do you mean by 15%+5%? U mean Downpayment?

abyss
02-07-08, 22:04
Price is non negotiable at least for now.

What do you mean by 15%+5%? U mean Downpayment?

If I remember correct, the price quoted is already 15% discount off the initial launch price and they give additional 5% off.

If they are not lowering the price and the sale is not moving, wonder what they will do.

Those agents in charge of Amery probably envy their colleagues stationed in Clover since the latter is selling like hot cakes :)

registered
03-07-08, 12:16
If I remember correct, the price quoted is already 15% discount off the initial launch price and they give additional 5% off.

If they are not lowering the price and the sale is not moving, wonder what they will do.

Those agents in charge of Amery probably envy their colleagues stationed in Clover since the latter is selling like hot cakes :)

To put things into perspectives... Amery is one of the many projects launched in Telok Kurau recently while clover is the first major one in Bishan this year.... The fuzz will dies off in Clover soon once ppl get over the inital "you buy, i also better buy" sentiment....

vino
03-07-08, 13:26

Do you mean at 860psf is the price after the 15%+5% discount? The agent did not mention this at all.

Unregistered3
03-07-08, 13:41
Do you mean at 860psf is the price after the 15%+5% discount? The agent did not mention this at all.

Yes...price at ave $860psf is AFTER all the discounts. For the 4bdr (prime stack)...it is slightly more than $900psf

st michael
03-07-08, 22:14
hahaha, new launch at St michael Rd from 600psf, 999yr leasehold. Dakoda buyers are fxxking screwed now!!!!!!!!!!!

Kovan
03-07-08, 22:22
hahaha, new launch at St michael Rd from 600psf, 999yr leasehold. Dakoda buyers are fxxking screwed now!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha.... look at the other thread, new launch at Kovan this weekend, 500+ units, 99-year, minimum $900psf, makes Dakota Residences a steal!

Siao
03-07-08, 23:32

you must be kidding right... someting must be wrong with this project then...

vino
04-07-08, 23:33
Haha.... look at the other thread, new launch at Kovan this weekend, 500+ units, 99-year, minimum $900psf, makes Dakota Residences a steal!

Honestly, with the current world economic scene, the above developer really thinks the market is desperate for property???
I think anyone who pays such price has little common sense imo.

UnregĄstered
05-07-08, 17:01

2 idiots talking cock here!

Wake up! This thread is not for St Michael nor Dakota.

mr funny
15-07-08, 09:59
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/suite/story/0,4574,287712,00.html?

Published July 15, 2008

Condo sales at showflats tapering off

One developer blames Livia's pricing for 'spoiling' other projects' sales

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

WHILE City Developments managed to sell 96 units last week at its Livia condo at Pasir Ris, developers of most other projects suffered rapidly declining sales at their showflats.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2008-07-15/BT_IMAGES_KRTAKE15.jpg
Woodsville 28: When Frasers Centrepoint previews its project this weekend, the stakes for nearby Kovan Residences are expected to go up

At least one developer blamed Livia's attractive pricing - $650 psf on average - for 'spoiling' sales of other projects, while others said a tapering off was to be expected given negative news flows from overseas on the state of the financial and stock markets.

Developers and property agents generally reported still strong turnouts at showflats last weekend, although take-up slowed.

Sim Lian sold 19 units last week at its Clover By The Park condo in Bishan, less than the 59-unit sales it achieved in the preceding week. To date, Sim Lian has sold 273 of the total 616 units in the project. 'That's almost 45 per cent of a large project in just three weeks; that's quite an achievement given current market sentiment,' Sim Lian Group executive director Diana Kuik said when approached by BT.

The 99-year leasehold project's average price remains at $750 psf.

Sim Lian also sold a unit at The Amery, a freehold project in the Telok Kurau area, last week - again a less sparkling performance than the four units it sold a week earlier.

Next to Geylang River, NTUC Choice Homes and Ho Bee found buyers for another nine units at Dakota Residences last weekend. This brings total sales to 170 units in the 99-year project, which has an average price of about $980 psf.

Over in the Kovan MRT Station vicinity, the developer of Kovan Residences sold about 20 units last week, bringing total sales to over 100 units since the 99-year project was previewed at a private party on June 28. The average price is somewhere in the $870-900 psf range. Nearby, MCL Land sold another three units at its D-Pavilion, a freehold project priced at $900 psf on average last week. This was a slower sales rate than initial sales of 10 units the preceding weekend.

The stakes will go up for these two developers when Frasers Centrepoint previews this weekend its Woodsville 28 near Potong Pasir MRT Station - which is three MRT stops closer to town than Kovan MRT Station.

The 110-unit condo will have an average price of $880 psf. The 99-year leasehold development comprises two 17-storey blocks.

'The two- and three-bedder units, with respective average sizes of 883 sq ft and 1,195 sq ft, are about 5 to 6 per cent smaller than conventional units as we've adjusted our sizes to fit the profile of the market we're targeting - those just starting their families or young couples who want to stay near the city and even retirees.

'Two-bedroom apartments start at $700,000 and three-bedders from just over $1 million,' says Frasers Centrepoint Homes chief operating officer Cheang Kok Kheong.

CDL's spokeswoman said Livia saw strong take-up of various unit types last week, especially two- and three-bedders. 'The four-bedroom apartments were purchased either for owner occupation or rental potential in view of United World College's East Campus coming up in the vicinity.

'The project's average price remains $650 psf, with prices for certain unit types and facing being upped by 1-3 per cent for the latest release of 120 units last weekend,' she added.

The 96 units sold at Livia last week contrasted with sales of 160 units in the preceding week when CDL previewed the 99-year leasehold project, resulting in total sales of 256 units. So far, 320 of the condo's total 724 units have been released.

A veteran property consultant said: 'Crowds were generally still very good at showflats last weekend, though take-up has slowed. In any development, demand for 30-40 per cent of units comes from the surrounding population catchment. Usually that's the case, good or bad times.

'Once sales in a project launch hits a certain percentage from this catchment demand, developers have to attract people from other parts of Singapore. That's a tougher job, with a lot more convincing to be done compared with selling to people who already know the area.'

Another problem is that buyers are unsure of the property market's direction. 'Even when there are attractively priced projects, potential buyers worry if property prices will go down further. They also ask themselves whether they really need to upgrade; they worry about the economy and their jobs. The bad news coming out from financial institutions in the US is a big concern,' a property agent said.

On a more positive note, Sim Lian's Ms Kuik said: 'If you have a good product in a location where there's a pool of buyers and if your pricing is reasonable, there will be take-up.'

sunny_man
19-07-08, 22:34

what is the going price NOW ?
any guys could share ?

abyss
19-07-08, 22:57
what is the going price NOW ?
any guys could share ?

i also want to know what price the agents are offering now.
from the newspapers report on the sales figures, seems it is about 40% sold, wonder if the developer will drop the price further?

buy
19-07-08, 23:27
wats the psf now?

vino
20-07-08, 00:20
i also want to know what price the agents are offering now.
from the newspapers report on the sales figures, seems it is about 40% sold, wonder if the developer will drop the price further?

3-room unit is ard 860-900psf.

buy
20-07-08, 22:59
thats attractive price

vino
20-07-08, 23:12
thats attractive price

In a year's time you might think otherwise.

UnregĄstered
21-07-08, 16:09
In a year's time you might think otherwise.
Yes, agreed.
You may think it is a dirt-cheap steal.

vino
21-07-08, 22:01
Yes, agreed.

haha...u might just be right...and hopefully this feeling won't go away after another year from then.

Unregistered007
22-07-08, 23:49
any kind soul here have the floor plan to share?

ripclaw
27-07-08, 20:01
quite pricey IMO. given that its facing away from the main road, which may be a plus point + the layout and finishing are very good, this looks to be quite a good buy if the prices fall a further 10-15%. unfortunately, most of the choice units have been taken up (8 will have some aftnoon sun, 6 and 13 taken up).

KK1
01-09-08, 09:44
Sim Lian projects seems to have high ceiling as Signature. Can anyone share the floor plans? Went past the area and saw this project while going to drink Old Town White Coffee.

high
01-09-08, 13:31
yes, ceiling around 3.15m makes it look spacious!

willing
11-09-08, 13:45
more airy with high ceiling

Jennifer
11-11-08, 16:26
Now is S$815psf
IMO is going to drop further after year 2008

UnregĄstered
11-11-08, 16:45
Yes, agreed.
Too bad!
Too far from RWS.
Otherwise, they can stay here.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/CNAlogo.gif
Resorts World at Sentosa starts hiring for Universal Studios
May Wong
Channel NewsAsia
Singapore
Monday, 10 November 2008, 2201 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/php30s8lD.jpg
Universal Studios, Orlando, Florida, U.S.

Resorts World at Sentosa wants to hire 2,300 people for its theme park operations by the second quarter of next year.

Its assistant vice-president for Communications, Robin Goh said the company has started to fill 300 managerial and supervisory positions for the Universal Studio operations here.

The integrated resort will send 100 of them to the Universal Studios in Orlando, US for about four months of training. Mr Goh said some of the 200 managers will spend about two weeks there.

He said this will cost Resorts World at Sentosa about S$5 million and is part of the company's training budget.

This news comes less than a month since Marina Bay Sands Resort announced its massive recruitment drive.

Resorts World at Sentosa confirms it is on track to open in early 2010.

Mr Goh said the integrated resort will also keep its promise of offering 10,000 jobs where Singaporeans will get priority in the hiring. Of the 10,000 jobs, 30 per cent or 3,000 jobs will go to the Universal Studios operations here.

In addition, Resorts World is also working with four polytechnics - Temasek, Ngee Ann, Nanyang and Singapore Polytechnics.

They are planning to send about 100 of the poly students to the Universal Studios in Orlando for internships starting next year. They will spend about four months there.

When the students return home, they may get a job at the Universal Studios in Singapore.

KK1
12-11-08, 07:42
Now is S$815psf
IMO is going to drop further after year 2008
Nope....$815psf got reason de. Look at the size of the apartments sold.

$815 will be just slightly above land + construction cost.

Jennifer
12-11-08, 10:06
Nope....$815psf got reason de. Look at the size of the apartments sold.

$815 will be just slightly above land + construction cost.

Yes i know the bigger the area, the cheaper the psf.
Understand they bought the land at high price too. They probably earning only S$10psf when sell S$815psf and chances for them to drop price is slim.

But still, price is not gg to be up in the coming months (IMO)

sharp
12-01-09, 22:34
Yes i know the bigger the area, the cheaper the psf.
Understand they bought the land at high price too. They probably earning only S$10psf when sell S$815psf and chances for them to drop price is slim.

But still, price is not gg to be up in the coming months (IMO)

Anyone knows the updated price for Amery and Poshgrove?

Unreg
13-01-09, 10:58
Yes, anyone got the latest price update?

osccss
07-04-09, 10:54
Did anyone see Amery recently? Appears no sales for the past few months. Still only 50% sold.

Heard their prices have come down to ard 800psf neg recently. Coming down further? Any comments

gohsoonk
11-04-09, 12:01
Did anyone see Amery recently? Appears no sales for the past few months. Still only 50% sold.

Heard their prices have come down to ard 800psf neg recently. Coming down further? Any comments

Is it 50% sold? I thought only 1 3-bedroom unit left and the rest are penthouse units.

LongMan
05-08-09, 19:50
Anyone knows whether there is any more units left for Amery? If yes, where can I get the info? Thanks.

sleek
05-08-09, 20:25
Anyone knows whether there is any more units left for Amery? If yes, where can I get the info? Thanks.

Acccording to URA website, there's still 35 units as at end June 2009. You can check with streetsine (http://www.streetsine.com/main.html#listing-690422) for the latest transactions.

LongMan
05-08-09, 21:10
Acccording to URA website, there's still 35 units as at end June 2009. You can check with streetsine (http://www.streetsine.com/main.html#listing-690422) for the latest transactions.

Thanks for the info. Looks like the price has shoot up a lot recently.

Do you have the July's info as well?

abyss
17-04-10, 13:12

anybody has any updates on this project? drove pass and the structure is up but not sure when finish.

was interested back then but dili dally didnt buy, duno if the price shoot up. looking at nearby tembeling and parc elegance all quoting more than 1000 psf, wonder if the developer will up the price also.

check ura website still left 20+ units , looks like not selling well. there was a unit sold in feb for 900+ psf

silver023
17-04-10, 15:56
anybody has any updates on this project? drove pass and the structure is up but not sure when finish.

was interested back then but dili dally didnt buy, duno if the price shoot up. looking at nearby tembeling and parc elegance all quoting more than 1000 psf, wonder if the developer will up the price also.

check ura website still left 20+ units , looks like not selling well. there was a unit sold in feb for 900+ psf

Don't think price for this has shot up... saw a few sub-sales asking ard $1kpsf, which is not a very big increase from launch.

Heard earliest TOP is end 2010, but I doubt it.

terence
18-04-10, 14:37
all the units in amery has got very big balconies...Some may like it and some may not. From what i know, only a few left from developer. Either west sun or poor facing ones.

marktkt22
25-04-10, 21:25
all the units in amery has got very big balconies...Some may like it and some may not. From what i know, only a few left from developer. Either west sun or poor facing ones.

IMHO, location so- so, but sim lian is a good developer...agree,most unit are big sized, so quantum will be high. I was there for the showflat and I recall agent is from orange Tee...:)

sodan
12-06-10, 11:45
Anybody knows how to find out how many of the units of Amery that Developer has sold out through URA?

Has it all sold out by the developer yet? Is now the advertisement from guruproperty and iproperty are the re-sale from the buyer(owner)?

Cheers...

IMHO, location so- so, but sim lian is a good developer...agree,most unit are big sized, so quantum will be high. I was there for the showflat and I recall agent is from orange Tee...:)

joyride
12-06-10, 13:52
Anybody knows how to find out how many of the units of Amery that Developer has sold out through URA?

Has it all sold out by the developer yet? Is now the advertisement from guruproperty and iproperty are the re-sale from the buyer(owner)?

Cheers...

20 units left from developers from ura site

sodan
12-06-10, 15:48
Where did you get the information from? Thanks for that =)

I'm just wondering do you know those current adv on propertyguru and iproperty is from developer sale or from owner resale?

Cheers...

20 units left from developers from ura site

terence
13-06-10, 13:00
i checked with an Orange Tee agent in March and was told left 3 3bedroom units...
Sure is 20?

eng81157
13-06-10, 14:11
the balcony is really long, if the showroom is anything accurate to go by. in my personal opinion, it's pretty wasteful. plus it's located just at the entrance into the lorong, gonna be pretty noisy if the unit is located near to the road

bargain hunter
13-06-10, 15:43
https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/PriceController.jpf

shows that 20 units are left as at end of april. (select the project to view or simply click on "view all").

sodan
13-06-10, 16:02
Thanks for that, bargain hunter.

In your opinion, which project is best buy har... since you're a bargain hunter... =)

Drove to see the Amery yesterday evening, saw the fw still working hard on the project. When I was on the actual site, I feel not very comfortable, as the condo:-

1)entrance is too closed to the lorong --> strange and weird
2)the swimming pool is located soon after the entrance -->no privacy & unsecured
3)those front and back units are fairly closed to each other -->no privacy
4)the balcony near a/c ledge is widely open -->very unsecured.

To be honest, after viewing the site construction, I'm quite disappointed. ;(

https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/PriceController.jpf

shows that 20 units are left as at end of april. (select the project to view or simply click on "view all").

bargain hunter
13-06-10, 16:45
LOL, you asked the wrong person. because i am bargain hunter, i find it hard to buy at this moment. :ashamed1: becoz no bargains mah hahaha.

also, i am not a east coast person and personally, i never liked telok kurau projects or anything that links up to still road. ;) so i think u asked the wrong person. :D

your points are very valid. when you are not comfortable, better don't touch, especially when its for own stay.

Thanks for that, bargain hunter.

In your opinion, which project is best buy har... since you're a bargain hunter... =)

Drove to see the Amery yesterday evening, saw the fw still working hard on the project. When I was on the actual site, I feel not very comfortable, as the condo:-

1)entrance is too closed to the lorong --> strange and weird
2)the swimming pool is located soon after the entrance -->no privacy & unsecured
3)those front and back units are fairly closed to each other -->no privacy
4)the balcony near a/c ledge is widely open -->very unsecured.

To be honest, after viewing the site construction, I'm quite disappointed. ;(

devilplate
13-06-10, 16:56
y nvr ask me...i will tell u to avoid all Boutique apts at all cost regardless the location!!!

sodan
13-06-10, 17:26
Hahaa.... thanks for reveal yourself here...

If looking into D15, can hardly avoid ALL the boutique condos. Any lobang? Infact, I hate the boutique condos but bor bian coz that's the trend now and mostly the newly built project is like that - - "boutique" style. How har??

Aiyah... I got big head lah... pls kindly enlighten me with all the do and don't here......

y nvr ask me...i will tell u to avoid all Boutique apts at all cost regardless the location!!!

jencrs
13-06-10, 17:59
Sorry ah, but can someone pls help me define specifically what's considered a "Boutique Apartment", and what's considered a MM unit? I have some idea, but is there some specific threshhold ppl use?

devilplate
13-06-10, 18:02

If looking into D15, can hardly avoid ALL the boutique condos. Any lobang? Infact, I hate the boutique condos but bor bian coz that's the trend now and mostly the newly built project is like that - - "boutique" style. How har??

Aiyah... I got big head lah... pls kindly enlighten me with all the do and don't here......

do u mind haig rd vicinity? some projects like butterworth and the newly TOP versalia...errr...so many nice projects in D15 leh...amber/meyer..

but if u want cheap cheap type..den bopian lor...TK, joo chiat boutique cheapest liao

devilplate
13-06-10, 18:05
Sorry ah, but can someone pls help me define specifically what's considered a "Boutique Apartment", and what's considered a MM unit? I have some idea, but is there some specific threshhold ppl use?

condo status and apt status...apt status boutique lor

my guide for MM units is less den 400sqft...those really for the disneyworld:D

jencrs
13-06-10, 18:10
condo status and apt status...apt status boutique lor

my guide for MM units is less den 400sqft...those really for the disneyworld:D apt = boutique? ok thanks thanks.

devilplate
13-06-10, 18:19
got some exceptions on boutique apts...

some projects like Meier Suites vy vy nice:D

not many apt status with big pool etc:D

jencrs
13-06-10, 18:25
Condo vs apt is purely a function of land area size right? I read it somewhere but can't find it now.

Sorry to sidetrack this thread.

Douk
13-06-10, 18:52
apt = boutique? ok thanks thanks.

Not all apartment status condo are considered boutique apartment. My opinion, boutique apartment are small size apartment, probably < 100 units or even lesser, with limited space for facilities.

Autonomy
13-06-10, 21:44

Why don't you look at The Verte? One of the better new boutique development. Near mrt and right beside a park and the park connector. TOP likely end of this year.

gohsoonk
13-06-10, 22:25
any advice on why? I almost bought one but in the end bought a condo instead.

The only reason is that condo units are easier to sell off.

devilplate
13-06-10, 22:34
any advice on why? I almost bought one but in the end bought a condo instead.

The only reason is that condo units are easier to sell off.

exactly! boutique apts valuations very cham one...one silly owner firesale his unit, u dun nid to sell liao. bank simply just check past transactions for ur estate and give valuation...they dun even bother to compare neighbouring projects!

boutique apts really take much much longer time to sell as well...and u must be able to tahan undesirable comments from buyers like...eeee pool so small...wewww gym not much equipment :D

sodan
14-06-10, 02:17
**Shake head*** **Sigh**

Can anyone share where is the best place to buy? My budget is do not exceed 1.6m la...

However, nowadays condos/apts MAJORITY (9.6/10) are "boutique" one wor.... how to avoid? where to find if want to buy new but don't wan the boutique style?? Hmmm....

Now I'm really bo song those "boutique" style la...

exactly! boutique apts valuations very cham one...one silly owner firesale his unit, u dun nid to sell liao. bank simply just check past transactions for ur estate and give valuation...they dun even bother to compare neighbouring projects!

boutique apts really take much much longer time to sell as well...and u must be able to tahan undesirable comments from buyers like...eeee pool so small...wewww gym not much equipment :D

sodan
14-06-10, 02:19
Autonomy,

The Verte is abit expensive leh... over PSF1000++. I want a bigger area but with only not more than 1.6m to commit...

Any suggestions? Or should I not look at the D15 instead? Hmmm...

Why don't you look at The Verte? One of the better new boutique development. Near mrt and right beside a park and the park connector. TOP likely end of this year.

gohsoonk
14-06-10, 08:51
Thanks. :P

eng81157
14-06-10, 09:23
the verte isn't too bad as it doesn't really comprise of MM units despite it having an apartment status. it's got to do more with the landspace, unlike some developments like siglapV or the sound, which has a majority of shoebox units.

coming back to verte, the units are pretty big and liveable. plus the fact that its environment is really serene, it's conducive for families. however, it isn't really that near the mrt. it's a good 7-10 min walk along the path connector to kembangan. on a hot day, it's :eek:

devilplate
14-06-10, 09:43
Autonomy,

The Verte is abit expensive leh... over PSF1000++. I want a bigger area but with only not more than 1.6m to commit...

Any suggestions? Or should I not look at the D15 instead? Hmmm...

i suppose u looking for 3bedder?

1.6mil quite a high budget...plenty of choices leh!!!
i tot ur budget less den 1mil:D

dun say nvr give u lobang...pretty face agt somemore

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1347790/for-sale-one-amber

urban
14-06-10, 10:00
got some exceptions on boutique apts...

some projects like Meier Suites vy vy nice:D

not many apt status with big pool etc:D

MeierSuites very nice; but the units are big. with bid bathrooms that can do turkish bath.

And 2 to 1 car parks. Unfortunately no moolah, if not sure whack.

Serendipity
14-06-10, 11:53
Actually the difference between apartments and condos is really the land size that the development sits on. If the land size is less that 35,000sqft (+/-, cant remember the actual specified size) it will be under the classification of apartments.

There used to be a difference between these 2 previously as foreigners were only able to buy condos and not apartments thus leading to higher chance of capital appreciation for condos due to the larger pool of buyers. This restriction has already been removed and thus there is no more restrictions for foreign buyers for apartments.

Nowadays the difference between apartment and condo has been narrowing as some apartments have better facilities then some condos, but due to the small land size, most apartments generally lack behind the condos in terms of facilities.

To select which type to buy will depend on your objective. Are you buying for-stay or to invest. Boutique apartments tend to be a very nice place for self-stay as the no. of household staying is lesser and you seem to know almost everyone in that project. Condos would be better for investment though as the larger land size and more facilities (usually) makes it easier to sell or rent out.

This is just my general opinion as there are actually a lot of other factors that determine the market price of the development.

For own stay, no need to think so much. Main thing is that you and your family likes the development and the surroundings. (eg. Amenities, transport etc.) Anyway you will not be selling in the short term and in terms of long term perspectives, the price of property will still be appreciating due to inflation...unless Singapore gets into a war with neighboring country and the value of our asset will plunge to "0"! It will be Doomsday for all our forumers. However how likely will this be? :D

sodan
14-06-10, 13:31
any other choice har??

not really like amber leh.... yes looking for 3+bedder

i suppose u looking for 3bedder?

1.6mil quite a high budget...plenty of choices leh!!!
i tot ur budget less den 1mil:D

dun say nvr give u lobang...pretty face agt somemore

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1347790/for-sale-one-amber

sodan
14-06-10, 13:34
Can any body look at this Amery 4bedder floor plan?

All comments welcome...

devilplate
14-06-10, 13:40
unless Singapore gets into a war with neighboring country and the value of our asset will plunge to "0"! It will be Doomsday for all our forumers. However how likely will this be? :D

if got War...whole SG doom...one atomic bomb tats it..hide underground also useless:D

devilplate
14-06-10, 13:43

All comments welcome...

the layout is very nice...other den the planters which i HATE!

i like the big balcony tat link up to the kitchen...double up as a yard to hang ur flags...no nid to display them at the balcony:D

however, the position of the stack not so ideal...the 4th bedrm and the 2nd balcony become dark...

14-06-10, 14:18
Most 4 bedders have a junior suite with an attached bathroom (for convenience). this one comes instead with a balcony. Guess it is different strokes for different folks.

All comments welcome...

bargain hunter
14-06-10, 14:23
its a classic sim lian design. if stalingrad is reading this thread, he will tell u that carabelle has the exact same design. i also saw it at their higher end Rochelle @ Newton project. i think its useful. Maybe a tad too big. an additional toilet would be good since its a 4 bedder.

nowadays, with planter incentive gone, some developers have begun to make bigger air con ledges for pple to step out and hang flags, i think that's a good idea too.

the layout is very nice...other den the planters which i HATE!

i like the big balcony tat link up to the kitchen...double up as a yard to hang ur flags...no nid to display them at the balcony:D

however, the position of the stack not so ideal...the 4th bedrm and the 2nd balcony become dark...

Wild Falcon
14-06-10, 19:48
Nice squarish layout with both depth and length. Nowadays some condos is like a long and narrow corridor. Walk in within 5 steps reach window liao - totally not depth. Worst still the living and dining and bedrooms all line up in a straight line horizontally like a narrow corridor and all windows open at the same side. Long corridor layout with no depth - worst layout - developers say let maximum light in when reality they are just squeezing in the most units in this corridor one room flat style. Who will build a house like a long corridor?

This layout is nice :-)

All comments welcome...

Komo
14-06-10, 21:55

All comments welcome...

I think the balcony at the kitchen is a similar idea as Bishan's Clover by the Park.
The latter showcase the idea of a small gathering area away from the crowd in the living room during a party or a cosy small corner for quick meal or breakfast or chatting while enjoying the good view/sunset etc. Very nice!
But Amery's layout is kind of weird with the aircon ledge right in front. It will be noisy to be at the balcony with noise not only from one's condenser but also from neighbours. Worse there may be water dripping from above. So it seems to be more like an extension of the yard. Yes, I think more useful to hang clothes there but what a waste of such a large precious expensive space!
The kitchen also looks very small and unproportional to the whole layout. Even if don't cook, I think a reasonably sized and nicely done up kitchen can impress and more functional. The cooker also seems to be almost facing fridge. This is very bad fengshui.

bargain hunter
14-06-10, 22:24
we can conclude that sim lian uses one size fits all for all projects no matter 5, 12 or 30 storey and whether boutique or large scale. :doh: clover, carabelle, lincoln residences, rochelle at newton, amery...all same design hahaha. no doubt functional but not very creative.

I think the balcony at the kitchen is a similar idea as Bishan's Clover by the Park.
The latter showcase the idea of a small gathering area away from the crowd in the living room during a party or a cosy small corner for quick meal or breakfast or chatting while enjoying the good view/sunset etc. Very nice!
But Amery's layout is kind of weird with the aircon ledge right in front. It will be noisy to be at the balcony with noise not only from one's condenser but also from neighbours. Worse there may be water dripping from above. So it seems to be more like an extension of the yard. Yes, I think more useful to hang clothes there but what a waste of such a large precious expensive space!
The kitchen also looks very small and unproportional to the whole layout. Even if don't cook, I think a reasonably sized and nicely done up kitchen can impress and more functional. The cooker also seems to be almost facing fridge. This is very bad fengshui.

abyss
14-06-10, 23:12

All comments welcome...

How much agent quote u? The development looks like 50% done up, duno if the developer will try to sell off the unsold ones quickly or not

sodan
14-06-10, 23:22
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Additional info,
for 1507sqf ask for 1.5m --> Good buy or not?

eng81157
15-06-10, 06:04
back last mar, it was about 700-800psf for a 4BR unit when i visited the showroom

silver023
15-06-10, 08:02
At current market, price may be ok for condo beacuse other apartments around generally asking close to $1K psf. Of course, try to negotiate down a little.

sodan
15-06-10, 12:36
last mar <-- as in 3mths ago?

wah lau.... the price really jump fast leh......

back last mar, it was about 700-800psf for a 4BR unit when i visited the showroom

sodan
15-06-10, 12:37
Usually what's the bargain range har? Do we bargain on the psf or the asking price?

At current market, price may be ok for condo beacuse other apartments around generally asking close to $1K psf. Of course, try to negotiate down a little.

sodan
15-06-10, 12:55
Can someone explain the price term used in the property advs in propertyguru.com.sg:-

1) Offers in Excess of
2) Price on Ask
3) Negotiable

Thanks.

devilplate
15-06-10, 13:35

last yr March la:D

consider weak liao..up so little

other places more:D

Wild Falcon
15-06-10, 14:39
Not sure but it is quite a "large" unit and so maybe you can use that to negotiate? After all, the high PSF ones in Telok Kurau are usually the MMs and new launches have many leftovers. The resale standard size units usually fetch much much lower in the area. There are lots of choices here and market has quieten down - so you may want to use these to your advantage.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Additional info,
for 1507sqf ask for 1.5m --> Good buy or not?

Regulators
15-06-10, 14:52
i dont think it is worth it buying a big apartment unit at 1.5 mil in TK coz the price is almost equivalent to a landed there. if going to pay that kind of price, might as well top up a bit more and get a landed in that area. of course property tax for landed is a lot higher, but the feeling of living in a landed as opposed to an apartment would be the trade off.

Not sure but it is quite a "large" unit and so maybe you can use that to negotiate? After all, the high PSF ones in Telok Kurau are usually the MMs and new launches have many leftovers. The resale standard size units usually fetch much much lower in the area. There are lots of choices here and market has quieten down - so you may want to use these to your advantage.

eng81157
15-06-10, 14:54

apologies, didn't realize my mistake. should be last year's march, i.e. 2009

sodan
15-06-10, 15:02
Has market getting quiet now? How come the PSF for D15 condo is still like shooting up week by week wor....

I don't think have much choices to choose from for me,

1)3+/4 bedder FH
2)at least 1500sqm
3)budget limit to 1.5-1.6m
4)Don't like too high-rise condo, ie AMBER not my favourite

Got any lobang bo?

sodan
15-06-10, 15:04
Can anyone tell me what's the diff for :-

1) Offers in Excess of
2) Price on Ask
3) Negotiable

Thanks.

Can someone explain the price term used in the property advs in propertyguru.com.sg:-

1) Offers in Excess of
2) Price on Ask
3) Negotiable

Thanks.

Blue
15-06-10, 15:06
i dont think it is worth it buying a big apartment unit at 1.5 mil in TK coz the price is almost equivalent to a landed there. if going to pay that kind of price, might as well top up a bit more and get a landed in that area. of course property tax for landed is a lot higher, but the feeling of living in a landed as opposed to an apartment would be the trade off.

Eh...dun think $1.5M can buy any decent landed there liao. What I mean by decent is brand new or at least only a few years old type.

Went wif a friend the other day to see a landed in TK on sale. It is at least 20 yrs old (I think), very run down, and asking is $1.9M (neg)!

Blue
15-06-10, 15:09
Has market getting quiet now? How come the PSF for D15 condo is still like shooting up week by week wor....

1)3+/4 bedder FH
2)at least 1500sqm

Got any lobang bo?

$1K psf is still quite a fairly decent budget - trying looking harder and you will find one. If not, look further towards upper east coast road and siglap.

bargain hunter
15-06-10, 15:17
strictly speaking

1) = that price or above
2) = call and ask
3) = can negotiate downwards

but heck them lah, to me, all the prices are negotiable. :)

Can anyone tell me what's the diff for :-

1) Offers in Excess of
2) Price on Ask
3) Negotiable

Thanks.

Regulators
15-06-10, 15:17
i would pay 1.5 mil for something like this http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1311371/for-sale-marine-garden

....not 1.5mil for telok kurau apartment

Eh...dun think $1.5M can buy any decent landed there liao. What I mean by decent is brand new or at least only a few years old type.

Went wif a friend the other day to see a landed in TK on sale. It is at least 20 yrs old (I think), very run down, and asking is $1.9M (neg)!

bargain hunter
15-06-10, 15:25
punch in your criteria on propertyguru, end up can even get penthouses:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/543336/for-sale-penthouse-2432sqft-for-sale-1-6m

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/786762/for-sale-d-saville

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1077849/for-sale-d-focus <---1.8m but try your luck and offer 1.6m maybe can done also?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1055262/for-sale-the-bale 1.3m only

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1175392/for-sale-east-mews 1.65m

so many choices, all so nice penthouses.

1)3+/4 bedder FH
2)at least 1500sqm

Got any lobang bo?

Regulators
15-06-10, 15:36
so basically the conclusion is there are much better buys elsewhere for 1.5 mil than an apartment at TK

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/543336/for-sale-penthouse-2432sqft-for-sale-1-6m

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1077849/for-sale-d-focus <---1.8m but try your luck and offer 1.6m maybe can done also?

Wild Falcon
15-06-10, 15:36
U guys are very helpful with lots of lobangs :) Yup. $1.5 million can get loads of penthouse in that area. It's an area where the standard size resale ($700-$800psf) is lagging behind the new launch/just TOP MM projects significantly by 30% to 40% and developers are the ones laffing to the bank - which means if agent use the new launch price to justify the ridiculous price tag, just ask them to fly kite because the resale there is quite pathetic.

stalingrad
15-06-10, 15:54

why is living in a landed property better? No facilities, tons of mosquitoes, and besides no foreigners can buy them and therefore limited upside potential. I would never buy a landed property in Singapore. just a pathetic living condition. hot as hell, and very very dark in many rooms.

bargain hunter
15-06-10, 16:34
i think a few are in TK or nearby too but penthouse wor. but if sodan wants really brand brand new then can't help it liao.

so basically the conclusion is there are much better buys elsewhere for 1.5 mil than an apartment at TK

devilplate
15-06-10, 16:39

go for the 1st listing! So nice! Heck care Joo chiat...Just Wheck!:D

the pool looks long enuff for me too...not as puny as many others in tat vicinity:D

bargain hunter
15-06-10, 16:42
pictures can be deceiving. for resale, should just go down and view all the units and get a feel, then choose one.

oops, suddenly, we made sim lian's 4 bedder seem not so attractive liao. :tongue3:

the pool looks long enuff for me too...not as puny as many others in tat vicinity:D

proud owner
15-06-10, 16:51
why is living in a landed property better? No facilities, tons of mosquitoes, and besides no foreigners can buy them and therefore limited upside potential. I would never buy a landed property in Singapore. just a pathetic living condition. hot as hell, and very very dark in many rooms.

as a singaporean...i have 2 privileges ..

1. to buy HDB first hand ( whihc i missed it totally)
2. to buy landed

so i would encourage all locals to exercise that right to buy landed ...

sodan
15-06-10, 17:33
But it's close to Joo Chiat area leh, if say next time I need to resale the unit dunno whether got appreciation or not. Just worried no gain is charm but holding a property in depreciation value is die die lo....

Side topic,
I don't understand why property in S'pore can sometimes end up with depreciation in value at time of selling(except of economic downturn).

Anyone worry of the property they bought may face chance of depreciation in value in future? Is that the risky in buying property in S'pore?

Usually most property in other country, like Australia, the property market is hot there too, but chance of depreciation in value is almost NIL. I think most property invested in SHOULD appreciate in value over times.

sodan
15-06-10, 17:41
Thanks for the effort ah, Bargain Hunter!! =)

Some of them is very impressive. I prefer new one de lah... What I'm worried is, say for those more than 3 years and above condos, the facilities has began to worn and tear down... I'm also scared of whether is a hunted condo or not..... aiyah..... so many worries.... ;(

This house hunt really make people CRAZY... day by day...

sodan
15-06-10, 17:42
OK~~ No problem de la...

apologies, didn't realize my mistake. should be last year's march, i.e. 2009

devilplate
15-06-10, 19:09
slowly hunt lor..but dun ended up paying more later:D

Wild Falcon
15-06-10, 20:08
New unit also can be haunted u know. U also have to bear in mind that your 1500+ sq ft brand new unit will become old and "resale" soon. So if your entry price is $1000psf at $1.5 million, you just have to be mentally prepared your surrounding standard size units (i.e. not MM) are trading at much lower levels. And next time when u try to sell, people will be benchmarking against the resale condos and u may not be able to fetch much higher than your $1000psf.

Some of them is very impressive. I prefer new one de lah... What I'm worried is, say for those more than 3 years and above condos, the facilities has began to worn and tear down... I'm also scared of whether is a hunted condo or not..... aiyah..... so many worries.... ;(

bargain hunter
15-06-10, 20:20
no problem. u can do the same by punching in the criteria on propertyguru. i only listed 5 but there are tonnes to choose from in there.

my take is this, u buy a new one now, 3 years later u still face the same issues mah? wat do u do then? if the difference in $ is VERY significant, then i think its worth a bargain becoz new from developer and going to/just TOP projects are selling at a very significant premium these days.

haunted or not can't be helped lah. At Viz @ Holland, there was a Blangah murdered a Filipino and left in a 3rd floor unit. Most recently, even bunglow in sentosa also have people drown in private pool. So even brand new/newly completed also have such issues.

If you want a bargain, just call up these agents and ask to view, gain some experience also good, no obligation mah and u will learn more about what u like or don't like. :)

bargain hunter
15-06-10, 20:22
which reminds me that the Viz @ Holland project is also by sim lian. :D sorry, sheer coincidence...but can't help mentioning here. :D

New unit also can be haunted u know. U also have to bear in mind that your 1500+ sq ft brand new unit will become old and "resale" soon. So if your entry price is $1000psf at $1.5 million, you just have to be mentally prepared your surrounding standard size units (i.e. not MM) are trading at much lower levels. And next time when u try to sell, people will be benchmarking against the resale condos and u may not be able to fetch much higher than your $1000psf.

silver023
15-06-10, 20:28
Usually what's the bargain range har? Do we bargain on the psf or the asking price?

Must do homework coz some really asking for the sky. I would check URA caveats as starting.

And yes, agree with bargain hunter... everything is negotiable. :cool:

Komo
16-06-10, 09:00
Must do homework coz some really asking for the sky. I would check URA caveats as starting.

And yes, agree with bargain hunter... everything is negotiable. :cool:
Usually negotiable ones are not the best units.

devilplate
16-06-10, 11:15
at least i sold some at nett price b4 :D

Blue
16-06-10, 12:15

Having ur own garage + zero monthly maintenance + privacy + no stupid Mgmt Committee rules and regulations + no need to share facilities with others + bigger living space already justify why landed living is better.

Foreigners cannot buy them but can rent them. My expat friend just rented one for $8K per mth. :cool:

teddybear
16-06-10, 13:16
Having ur own garage
* What so great? Only 1 car park space. Condos can park a few cars (as long as you choose those with many more car park lots than units).

+ zero monthly maintenance
* A fallacy. Wait till a few years later and all maintenance and repairs have to be forked out by the ONE & ONLY YOU!

+ privacy
* How to have privacy when people walking outside (or trains on high tracks or cars on flyovers or the condos in front and behind your landed) can peek into your house? (Compare with condos on high floors nobody can peek in outside the door) (Condo owners can also donate their unwanted items by throwing into the landed compound - May be this is the only advantage of landed for getting free donated goods and don't have to personally transport home some more? :p).

+ no stupid Mgmt Committee rules and regulations
* Yah, no rules, then you get people like Mr Chan from Everitt Road who don't like to follow rules (lucky! These people sure won't live in condos).

+ no need to share facilities with others
* Ha ha ha! More like no facilities to use how to share?

+ bigger living space already justify why landed living is better.
* Bigger space? Condos also have very big space penthouse, even bigger than most of those landed terrace and semi-Ds.

Foreigners cannot buy them but can rent them. My expat friend just rented one for $8K per mth. :cool:
* Foreigners cannot buy? Oh yah, please read between the lines - it means: "Your landed properties sure have limited appreciation in price!" (because how many Singaporeans can afford expensive private properties?). $8k pm rental for 4000 sqft or more built-up space? Pathetic gross yield of 2% only?

Having ur own garage + zero monthly maintenance + privacy + no stupid Mgmt Committee rules and regulations + no need to share facilities with others + bigger living space already justify why landed living is better.

sodan
16-06-10, 13:16
If one needs to pay $8000 for the rental, why din they(expat) just turn PR(at least, I'm sure the S'pore gov't would love these expat) to buy the landed property de? Then use the $8000 to pay off the self-loan monthly installment??

sodan
16-06-10, 13:25
Any idea about the Koon Seng Road @D15 (near Pullasan Rd), just off still road? How's the surrounding har?

Like is the traffic there OK or not, any "Music" to wake you early in the morning, any jets flying around there and etc...

BTW, these Amery Condo topic has turn into Rojak liao... Should we open another topic to chit-chat and kp or juz keep continue here? :cheers6:

sodan
16-06-10, 13:28
Thanks for the advice har....

Interesting haunted story:scared-3: out here... maybe you should open a new topic about "haunted condos" then everyone can contribute and share hor... :scared-3:

no problem. u can do the same by punching in the criteria on propertyguru. i only listed 5 but there are tonnes to choose from in there.

my take is this, u buy a new one now, 3 years later u still face the same issues mah? wat do u do then? if the difference in $ is VERY significant, then i think its worth a bargain becoz new from developer and going to/just TOP projects are selling at a very significant premium these days.

haunted or not can't be helped lah. At Viz @ Holland, there was a Blangah murdered a Filipino and left in a 3rd floor unit. Most recently, even bunglow in sentosa also have people drown in private pool. So even brand new/newly completed also have such issues.

If you want a bargain, just call up these agents and ask to view, gain some experience also good, no obligation mah and u will learn more about what u like or don't like. :)

sodan
16-06-10, 13:33
Yeah... I'm also afraid will end up as you said ... sometimes after long hunted and get blur and could end up act irrationally and paying more than others ...

If really got one property in eyed, will def ask you guys for opinion, for safe.

slowly hunt lor..but dun ended up paying more later:D

Blue
16-06-10, 14:03
Having ur own garage
* What so great? Only 1 car park space. Condos can park a few cars (as long as you choose those with many more car park lots than units).

+ zero monthly maintenance
* A fallacy. Wait till a few years later and all maintenance and repairs have to be forked out by the ONE & ONLY YOU!

+ privacy
* How to have privacy when people walking outside (or trains on high tracks or cars on flyovers or the condos in front and behind your landed) can peek into your house? (Compare with condos on high floors nobody can peek in outside the door) (Condo owners can also donate their unwanted items by throwing into the landed compound - May be this is the only advantage of landed for getting free donated goods and don't have to personally transport home some more? :p).

+ no stupid Mgmt Committee rules and regulations
* Yah, no rules, then you get people like Mr Chan from Everitt Road who don't like to follow rules (lucky! These people sure won't live in condos).

+ no need to share facilities with others
* Ha ha ha! More like no facilities to use how to share?

+ bigger living space already justify why landed living is better.
* Bigger space? Condos also have very big space penthouse, even bigger than most of those landed terrace and semi-Ds.

* Foreigners cannot buy? Oh yah, please read between the lines - it means: "Your landed properties sure have limited appreciation in price!" (because how many Singaporeans can afford expensive private properties?). $8k pm rental for 4000 sqft or more built-up space? Pathetic gross yield of 2% only?

Talk so much, no $$$ to buy just say so lah, u sell ur ka chng for life oso cant afford. Sour grapes! :D

devilplate
16-06-10, 14:07
If one needs to pay $8000 for the rental, why din they(expat) just turn PR(at least, I'm sure the S'pore gov't would love these expat) to buy the landed property de? Then use the $8000 to pay off the self-loan monthly installment??

tats y they r expats on huge housing allowance lar

once they buy a ppty here, housing allowance r gone

sodan
19-06-10, 01:27
I've eyed an older condo for investment purpose instead, it's called SPRING @ KATONG (18 Ceylon Road)
FREEHOLD
EVERSPRING PROPERTY PTY LTD
PSF $884-$1173(APPROX)
What you guys think har?? Please comment. =)

Yeah... I'm also afraid will end up as you said ... sometimes after long hunted and get blur and could end up act irrationally and paying more than others ...

If really got one property in eyed, will def ask you guys for opinion, for safe.

devilplate
19-06-10, 01:34
I've eyed an older condo for investment purpose instead, it's called SPRING @ KATONG (18 Ceylon Road)

FREEHOLD
PSF $884-$1173(APPROX)What you guys think har?? Please comment. =)

is it located behind roxy sq? i not sure..i based on pptyguru

looks reasonable...pool looks decent as well...

go for a viewing urself and post some pics and feedbacks?

bargain hunter
19-06-10, 09:20
does it have the 4 bedrooms of > 1500psf which you want?

FREEHOLD
PSF $884-$1173(APPROX)What you guys think har?? Please comment. =)

devilplate
19-06-10, 12:29
does it have the 4 bedrooms of > 1500psf which you want?

he decides to buy as investment mah

but seriously, one shd set a firm and clear goal within a time frame...

alot of specuvestors like to say:' cannot sell at profit next time, i stay or rent out' .... simply means they duno wat they r doing:D

some also say overly diversified simply means u duno where to invest:D

sodan
19-06-10, 21:23
NO, the street (ceylon st) is opposite roxy sq.

Yes, they are UNLIKE those TK Boutique Condos pool AT ALL! :tsk-tsk:

Had the viewing (seen 2 units with 2+study layout) this afternoon and taken some photos within the condo facilities only. Forgot to take while viewing inside the units.

http://picasaweb.google.com/watercrests/CondoViewing#

is it located behind roxy sq? i not sure..i based on pptyguru

looks reasonable...pool looks decent as well...

go for a viewing urself and post some pics and feedbacks?

bargain hunter
19-06-10, 21:30
have u like devilplate said, changed target to 2+study for investment?!

NO, the street (ceylon st) is opposite roxy sq.

Yes, they are UNLIKE those TK Boutique Condos pool AT ALL! :tsk-tsk:

Had the viewing (seen 2 units with 2+study layout) this afternoon and taken some photos within the condo facilities only. Forgot to take while viewing inside the units.

http://picasaweb.google.com/watercrests/CondoViewing#

sodan
19-06-10, 21:41
DP, thanks for your kind words and you have understood confusion in my mind too. :beats-me-man:

After seeing quite a fair bit on the D15 area condos and my family & I realised we are not really East Coast living fans. However, we agree that D15 is still a sought after location by most people!

Since we still haven't found our dream house(condo in our case) and yet dunno which area/district to settle in. Then I'm just thinking why not have a property investment in these "sought after location, D15" and take our time slowly hunt for our future home district instead of rushing it for now.

This project is actually TOP2007 also considered a boutique condo at the time with 50+units(forgot how many units liao). But I feel so much comfortable when compare to those newly built boutique condo in D15! And it doesn't look older than 3years old for this condo. Maybe it's my bias feeling bah, but I do feel that.

This condo is very close to all the amenities(stones throw from the East Coast Rd), however the indian temple is opposite the condo and there's one indian vegetarian restaurant next to the condo with a bit of smell when it breeze.

he decides to buy as investment mah

but seriously, one shd set a firm and clear goal within a time frame...

alot of specuvestors like to say:' cannot sell at profit next time, i stay or rent out' .... simply means they duno wat they r doing:D

some also say overly diversified simply means u duno where to invest:D

sodan
19-06-10, 21:50
BH, Yes I'm thinking of doing that instead of buying D15 for my self stay. I understand I've given you guys that I'm kinda of unsure of what I want and quite volatile. This is what I came up with during condo hunt these period.

As I have mentioned in the earlier reply, my family and I found out that we are not the East Coast People type. Then since we saw something we like now then can consider to buy for investment instead lo... I think nowadays it's really hard to find something NOT boutique condos and MM units, right??:tsk-tsk:

What do you think?

have u like devilplate said, changed target to 2+study for investment?!

devilplate
19-06-10, 21:57
This condo is very close to all the amenities(stones throw from the East Coast Rd), however the indian temple is opposite the condo and there's one indian vegetarian restaurant next to the condo with a bit of smell when it breeze.

nice feedback there:)

indian temple cud be a resistance:(

900psf seems to be a reasonable pricing...have u visited the Moda showflat just across the street? i was quoted 12xxpsf few mths back. so 900psf seems ok comparatively.

2+1study, ard 1mil, rental approx 3kpm?

sodan
19-06-10, 22:19
The agent said around $3200-$3500. DP are you also looking for investment property in D15?

I must said all the room including the study room is very sizeable and no wasted balcony and no yard. There's a boom shelter near kitchen there. About 3 units share a common lift.

Do you guys think is a good buy or not? Both the owners asking around 980K for around 1044sqf. Referring back the URA there's one transaction in April and the PSF is dealt under $900, let me check, hmm... it's actually $883 for 1098sqf!

nice feedback there:)

indian temple cud be a resistance:(

900psf seems to be a reasonable pricing...have u visited the Moda showflat just across the street? i was quoted 12xxpsf few mths back. so 900psf seems ok comparatively.

2+1study, ard 1mil, rental approx 3kpm?

bargain hunter
19-06-10, 23:35
one thing which i learnt is that buy the investment property only when you don't need to sell it to buy a dream house later. Otherwise, better save that cash for the dream house. :)

i think better to be conservative and keep the estimated rental at 3k...anyway, still need to find out how much maintenence u need to less off.

BH, Yes I'm thinking of doing that instead of buying D15 for my self stay. I understand I've given you guys that I'm kinda of unsure of what I want and quite volatile. This is what I came up with during condo hunt these period.

As I have mentioned in the earlier reply, my family and I found out that we are not the East Coast People type. Then since we saw something we like now then can consider to buy for investment instead lo... I think nowadays it's really hard to find something NOT boutique condos and MM units, right??:tsk-tsk:

What do you think?

devilplate
19-06-10, 23:35
The agent said around $3200-$3500. DP are you also looking for investment property in D15?

I must said all the room including the study room is very sizeable and no wasted balcony and no yard. There's a boom shelter near kitchen there. About 3 units share a common lift.

Do you guys think is a good buy or not? Both the owners asking around 980K for around 1044sqf. Referring back the URA there's one transaction in April and the PSF is dealt under $900, let me check, hmm... it's actually $883 for 1098sqf!

me not buying/selling now:D

asking is reasonable. happy bargaining:cheers6:

sodan
20-06-10, 01:37
maintenance fee is around $270/mth.

one thing which i learnt is that buy the investment property only when you don't need to sell it to buy a dream house later. Otherwise, better save that cash for the dream house. :)

i think better to be conservative and keep the estimated rental at 3k...anyway, still need to find out how much maintenence u need to less off.

Wild Falcon
20-06-10, 16:55
Wah! You change from buy for own stay to buy for investment very fast :) From the photos, the apartment doesn't look that new... looks more like a 6-7 years condo.... maybe not too well maintained?

Based on streetsine records, the highest rental for 1,098sq ft is $3200. The lowest for 1,098 sq ft is $1,876. The rest are in between - $2k to $3k range. So your agent's estimation is on the high side- esp when the unit you're eyeing is actually smaller than 1,098 sq ft.

If you like it and feel it is undervalued, just buy lah. Like what you say, D15 is a very popular and "high volume" district - everytime I come into propertyguru website, the most number of users viewing the "D15" district is the highest! Also, if you flip Sat's papers, D15-D16 will run into 3-4 pages of classified for sale - no other district can fight that amount of supply (and presumably demand). It also has the highest concentration of apartments in the entire Singapore (I heard got >500 developments in a small area). So I guess, there will always be people transacting in this area, highest volume means chances of going very wrong is low. Can't be so many people going wrong right?

I thought the price transacted in the 800+psf range was fair. But not sure about buying a unit at >$900psf though. After all, rental yield is not fantastic and future potential in the area seems muted (other than it is a high volume district).

devilplate
20-06-10, 22:25
i feel streetsine rental not accurate

i only use it to check sales transaction

silver023
20-06-10, 22:42
Not sure if the rental amount proposed can be verified but D15 rental prices have definitely gone up since Jan 2010.

Just do a quick search on guru to see current asking for similar sized units in D15 - this should give you a rough idea of current market rate for the unit.

Wild Falcon
20-06-10, 23:10
Quite accurate for my rentals at least - that's assuming savvy tenants and landlords stamp their tenancy agreement. Don't ever believe agents, sellers with vested interest or those prices quoted at propertyguru. Worst still, dun ever believe your not-so-close "friends" - 99% will exaggerate about their high rental yields becos most Singaporeans feel malu if they rent lower than their neighbours and so will high-ball a number.

i feel streetsine rental not accurate

i only use it to check sales transaction

devilplate
20-06-10, 23:33
Quite accurate for my rentals at least - that's assuming savvy tenants and landlords stamp their tenancy agreement. Don't ever believe agents, sellers with vested interest or those prices quoted at propertyguru. Worst still, dun ever believe your not-so-close "friends" - 99% will exaggerate about their high rental yields becos most Singaporeans feel malu if they rent lower than their neighbours and so will high-ball a number.

u can try searching for some BUC projects...streetsine can show past rental transaction...lol

Blue
21-06-10, 10:45
FREEHOLD
PSF $884-$1173(APPROX)
What you guys think har?? Please comment. =)

I would avoid that bec of the Indian temple. They seem to have ritual sessions every evening around 6pm to 7pm! It is quite noisy. There are better buys around the area. Just need to search deeper.

devilplate
21-06-10, 11:03
I would avoid that bec of the Indian temple. They seem to have ritual sessions every evening around 6pm to 7pm! It is quite noisy. There are better buys around the area. Just need to search deeper.

mabe tat explains y the prices r suppressed.

better dun buy smthing which haf a strong resistance:D

silver023
21-06-10, 19:24
Prices actually seem quite ok. If you really like it, then go view around 6-7pm to see if it's really noisy and if so, how noisy it gets.

Since buying for investment, also see the mix of residents there - tenants vs owner-occupied. Should give you some indication of rentability of the development.

sodan
23-06-10, 16:37
I think I need to drop buying this investment property. The asking price is 980K and someone offer 970K got rejected! I can't believe it... If I were the owner, I would juz agree to sell at 10K less than asking price... :cheers1:

Anyway, I'll need to keep an eye on the property market. Please kindly let me know if any good buy for investment har... :cheers6:

luanluanshoot
23-06-10, 23:12
I think I need to drop buying this investment property. The asking price is 980K and someone offer 970K got rejected! I can't believe it... If I were the owner, I would juz agree to sell at 10K less than asking price... :cheers1:

Anyway, I'll need to keep an eye on the property market. Please kindly let me know if any good buy for investment har... :cheers6:

Hey, I also look at a unit that have an asking px of $980K as well and was told the same thing anout the 970K offer. The thing is that having checked the valuation of that unit, the range is so wide from 800K to 950K :doh:

devilplate
23-06-10, 23:28
Hey, I also look at a unit that have an asking px of $980K as well and was told the same thing anout the 970K offer. The thing is that having checked the valuation of that unit, the range is so wide from 800K to 950K :doh:

if the bank willing/dying to deal with the person, bank will try their best to match the valuation. however, if the person got bad credibility history, bank will quote the lowest:D

Blue
24-06-10, 09:53
if the bank willing/dying to deal with the person, bank will try their best to match the valuation. however, if the person got bad credibility history, bank will quote the lowest:D

Correct, bank valuation depends on the borrower's credibility and not the property itself!!!

Komo
24-06-10, 13:29
Correct, bank valuation depends on the borrower's credibility and not the property itself!!!
Bank will also appoint valuer to value property.

Wild Falcon
24-06-10, 14:12
Wah lau eh. $10k also cannot negotiate and outright rejection? Anyway, sometimes property investment also need some kind of "fate" one - like love lor. Haha. If not fated to be together, then stop dwelling on it and move on......

24-06-10, 14:33
Guess it is a nice way of the bank saying they don't need your business.