PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Residences (D14, 99 year Leasehold, Ho Bee & NTUC Choice Homes)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Bystander
11-07-08, 10:30
And to the agents who are so desperately trying to sell your other property, running down Dakota just irates people, it is more fruitful to go set up your own thread and boast all the good things your property has to offer...people know how to compare...don't need you to go on talking abt tennis court...99years...china meimei and Geylang etc.

Say all the good things about your own property, people and viewers will flock to your thread and showflat. Don't waste time arguing with the owners and agents for this project...it really doesn't change anything.

You are right! Dakota is still poo as far as we are concerned.

HDB upgrader
11-07-08, 11:09
Exactly. 90% of HDB upgraders have never stepped into a tennis court. It is an expensive sport, not easy to pick up and need coaches. It is a "rich man" sports. So I believe most Dakota buyers wouldn't mind because in the first place, the target crowd is never the upmarket crowd to begin with - people without cars, don't do much sports let alone tennis.

Yah, district 14 is so big...includes kembangan, eunos....just because geylang is in D14, we say D14 is crap? Just becoz your property is in D14, you are doomed? Nothing is wrong with Geylang to begin with.

Very sian for someone to keep blah blah blah on tennis court, geylang and china meimei...we heard enough and it doesn't change our minds on dakota (good or bad). Don't be childish, move on...

Can we now all have a proper discussion amongst owners on this property?

scratchingmyhead
11-07-08, 11:19
Exactly. 90% of HDB upgraders have never stepped into a tennis court. It is an expensive sport, not easy to pick up and need coaches. It is a "rich man" sports. So I believe most Dakota buyers wouldn't mind because in the first place, the target crowd is never the upmarket crowd to begin with - people without cars, don't do much sports let alone tennis.

are you kidding??? tennis a rich man's sport???

Futile arguments
11-07-08, 11:22
The 99LH vs FH, tennis vs no tennis, exclusive environment will only matter to people who have grown up in a certain pedigree. That is why the argument is futile. Imagine you have never driven a car in your life, the proximity to MRT will outweigh the redlight district stigma. As for tennis court, most HDB upgraders have never played the sports - they just want to live in a private address to prove that they're no longer HDB. And 99LH and estate management is the last thing on their mind. They just need to say they're not staying in public housing, the rest is secondary.

dakota fans
11-07-08, 11:27
Yes it is because it needs coaching (easily more than $50per hour) to be able to play well. Public courts are very difficult to book because the coaches take up all the good time slots. Most tennis players will know that. Look at the profile of the ardent tennis players - very few come from poor families.

In any case, it is not an easy sport. So does not matter to this group - people who doesn't and will never play the sport.
are you kidding??? tennis a rich man's sport???

Truth be told
11-07-08, 11:29
The 99LH vs FH, tennis vs no tennis, exclusive environment will only matter to people who have grown up in a certain pedigree. That is why the argument is futile. Imagine you have never driven a car in your life, the proximity to MRT will outweigh the redlight district stigma. As for tennis court, most HDB upgraders have never played the sports - they just want to live in a private address to prove that they're no longer HDB. And 99LH and estate management is the last thing on their mind. They just need to say they're not staying in public housing, the rest is secondary.

And because they cannot face the sea or reservoir like other good projects, face the geylang longkang will also make these hdb upgraders happy in dakota.

Unregistered090
11-07-08, 11:58
You are right! Dakota is still poo as far as we are concerned.
eat your poo whatever and however you want then

Unregistered00
11-07-08, 12:01
Yes it is because it needs coaching (easily more than $50per hour) to be able to play well. Public courts are very difficult to book because the coaches take up all the good time slots. Most tennis players will know that. Look at the profile of the ardent tennis players - very few come from poor families.

In any case, it is not an easy sport. So does not matter to this group - people who doesn't and will never play the sport.
don't play tennis means you will die meh? tennis players earn more? tennis players are higher-class? swimmers earn lesser and lower-class? stuff and nonsense.

D14 (Sure Die)
11-07-08, 13:03
don't play tennis means you will die meh? tennis players earn more? tennis players are higher-class? swimmers earn lesser and lower-class? stuff and nonsense.

Nah Beh, I stay condo for the last 40 years I never even step into our tennis courts. So, whats the big deal playing tennis!!!! Unless you say got Sharapova then maybe I will go there and see her.

die die die
11-07-08, 13:04
Nah Beh, I stay condo for the last 40 years I never even step into our tennis courts. So, whats the big deal playing tennis!!!! Unless you say got Sharapova then maybe I will go there and see her.

I prefer kournikova.

neh neh bigger.

kc
11-07-08, 14:03
I prefer kournikova.

neh neh bigger.

ha ha!!! I still like sharapova - NTUC, (NEH TUA YEW CHIAM)

Dakota is my love
11-07-08, 14:18
Aiyoh! You so old already! Your generation Asian does not play tennis one lah. But it might matter to the new generation. Nowadays some kiasu parents even send their kids for tennis and golf lessons. For those who never and will never play the sport, then of course nevermind lah. But seriously, no harm in having an additional facility and more land in the condo rite, esp when public courts are rare and expensive. Many tennis player pick it up precisely they have a tennis court in their condo. So you or your children might be missing out on sth.

And also many chio bus play tennis! but if your taste steer towards China mei mei, then well, Dakota is the #1 choice!

D14 (Sure Die)
11-07-08, 14:32
Aiyoh! You so old already! Your generation Asian does not play tennis one lah. But it might matter to the new generation. Nowadays some kiasu parents even send their kids for tennis and golf lessons. For those who never and will never play the sport, then of course nevermind lah. But seriously, no harm in having an additional facility and more land in the condo rite, esp when public courts are rare and expensive. Many tennis player pick it up precisely they have a tennis court in their condo. So you or your children might be missing out on sth.

And also many chio bus play tennis! but if your taste steer towards China mei mei, then well, Dakota is the #1 choice!

Hello, I old?? you run marathon with me I reach the line I go for my buffet I come back you still not there yet ok. Ai ya, what so good about tennis, if got massage room or jackpot room or theatre in the condo I say its no. 1

AgentKhoo
11-07-08, 14:39
I prefer kournikova.

neh neh bigger.

And that is why you should not buy Dakota. No tennis courts mean no neh neh to see... although you can just walk across geylang to sextisfy your lust and penchant for neh nehs :tongue3:

Undecided
11-07-08, 14:49
No tennis court mean not so good resale value. Apt status understandable. But for a development with "Condo" status and not even a single tennis court... very bad for resale. If you buy with intention to stay all your whole life, then ok.

AgentKhoo
11-07-08, 14:51
I think tomorrow if the developer don't lower prices, maybe even closing a single unit at Dakota also very difficult. Like striking lottery.

Passerby
11-07-08, 21:26
I think tomorrow if the developer don't lower prices, maybe even closing a single unit at Dakota also very difficult. Like striking lottery.

AgentKhoo... think you are just a ignorant sales person. I really laugh at your nonsense words. You are "playing" like an expert... you probably do not know who are the audience... professionals/bankers...

Please do not write again... so naive.

Passerby
11-07-08, 21:28

Probably one of those so-called agents who still can't make it in life yet... ha ha.

STOP YOUR NONSENSE PLEASE.

YOU'RE NOT WELCOMED!

Tony
11-07-08, 21:44
Probably one of those so-called agents who still can't make it in life yet... ha ha.

STOP YOUR NONSENSE PLEASE.

YOU'RE NOT WELCOMED!
Absolutely. To compare Beacon Heights to Dakota Residences, and mis-informed of the pricing for the earlier *sigh* waste of time.

Did you guys read the Simon Cheong's interview in Today newspapers? Seem pretty bullish of the outlook for the property market.

AgentKhoo
11-07-08, 22:11
I am sorry, I agree that I am a lousy agent marketing Dakota Residences. But then, in the first place... Dakota Residences is a lousy project. So lousy agent marketing lousy project is quite fitting what.

Absolutely. To compare Beacon Heights to Dakota Residences, and mis-informed of the pricing for the earlier *sigh* waste of time.

Did you guys read the Simon Cheong's interview in Today newspapers? Seem pretty bullish of the outlook for the property market.

AgentKhoo
11-07-08, 22:12
No tennis court mean not so good resale value. Apt status understandable. But for a development with "Condo" status and not even a single tennis court... very bad for resale. If you buy with intention to stay all your whole life, then ok.

Yes, my sentiments exactly :tongue3:

Good news!!!
12-07-08, 02:31
Recession is just next door!!! All you stupid dakota buyers prepare to go bankrupt!!!

Die pay high all die
12-07-08, 07:34
Recession is just next door!!! All you stupid dakota buyers prepare to go bankrupt!!!

6 simple reasons why Dakota is a very bad choice

Really very very silly to fork out almost (1) $1000psf for a (2) 99yr condo with (3) no tennis court in the (4) red light area facing a big (5)geylang drain in the (6) vicinity of so many hdb flats.

Folks know resale value very poor when project is sited near hdb flats.

Unregistered007
12-07-08, 18:39
6 simple reasons why Dakota is a very bad choice

Really very very silly to fork out almost (1) $1000psf for a (2) 99yr condo with (3) no tennis court in the (4) red light area facing a big (5)geylang drain in the (6) vicinity of so many hdb flats.

Folks know resale value very poor when project is sited near hdb flats.

people got money; people like 99 year condo; people don't like tennis court; people don't mind red light or near hdb flats. cannot meh?

wannabe
12-07-08, 18:55
finally went to dakota to check out the showflat after all the hype.
Shock shock horror horror.
$1000psf for a location like that....
i simply cannot understand y people are buying...
Joke of the century..

Happy38
12-07-08, 19:59
Joke of the century..
On the contrary... bought a unit today

Happy38
12-07-08, 20:04
Joke of the century..

I am very excited about the upcoming revamp of the area... imagine the fresh water flowing geylang river... near park... city view at night... just at the fringe of the city... near the wonderful eateries...suntec... work place.. and near the good schools... which my children can attend.

Everyone has their own views... end of the day... be happy with what you like.... just like cars.... everyone has different preferences... BMW, Audi and Lexus.... some say Lexus is a rebadged Toyota..crazy to pay a premium for it... but I just like it for its reliability and understated luxury.

wannabe
12-07-08, 21:15
I am very excited about the upcoming revamp of the area... imagine the fresh water flowing geylang river... near park... city view at night... just at the fringe of the city... near the wonderful eateries...suntec... work place.. and near the good schools... which my children can attend.

Everyone has their own views... end of the day... be happy with what you like.... just like cars.... everyone has different preferences... BMW, Audi and Lexus.... some say Lexus is a rebadged Toyota..crazy to pay a premium for it... but I just like it for its reliability and understated luxury.

Dude,
$1000psf for a place like tat, u got to be kidding...
That place is a slum area. Its super LC.
I went there today to check out the hype, got the shock of my life.
for $1100psf, i can get a unit in District 10!!!

Miss Ling
12-07-08, 21:40
I went to the showflat today at Dakota Crescent. First impression... at the supposedly busiest time after lunch, there were more agents than visitors to the showflat. Some of these agents were chatting with one another, others on their handphones, and several more smoking outside. Visitors numbered about maybe 10 or 15 persons at most.

Outside the geylang canal, brownish murk swirled by slowly past me. In the distance, several hdb flats bunched together beckons. If this Dakota is an upgraders' condo, it is fine with me. But don't expect me to pay premium price for this project at all. I was also very shocked when they told me although condo status, there is no tennis court. Why? So the developer can make more profits by putting more units at the expense of the tennis court?

Also, I would urge Ho Bee and NTUC to stop wasting their money printing countless of full page advertisements and instead pass on these savings to the buyers by offering discounts and absorbing stamp duty etc.

I would be surprised if there were any closings today.

InternalSources
12-07-08, 21:45
I went to the showflat today at Dakota Crescent. First impression... at the supposedly busiest time after lunch, there were more agents than visitors to the showflat. Some of these agents were chatting with one another, others on their handphones, and several more smoking outside. Visitors numbered about maybe 10 or 15 persons at most.

Outside the geylang canal, brownish murk swirled by slowly past me. In the distance, several hdb flats bunched together beckons. If this Dakota is an upgraders' condo, it is fine with me. But don't expect me to pay premium price for this project at all. I was also very shocked when they told me although condo status, there is no tennis court. Why? So the developer can make more profits by putting more units at the expense of the tennis court?

Also, I would urge Ho Bee and NTUC to stop wasting their money printing countless of full page advertisements and instead pass on these savings to the buyers by offering discounts and absorbing stamp duty etc.

I would be surprised if there were any closings today.

You are wrong, 10 units were sold today, respectable given that it is into 3rd week of launch and competition from the sudden rush of project launches and with stacks still unreleased. Weekdays, this weelk, average 2 units from Mon - Fri sold.

Miss Ling
12-07-08, 21:51
You are wrong, 10 units were sold today, respectable given that it is into 3rd week of launch and competition from the sudden rush of project launches and with stacks still unreleased. Weekdays, this weelk, average 2 units from Mon - Fri sold.

Are you saying that my observation this afternoon is incorrect? By the way, you shouldn't put 2 cheesy looking aunty agents at the counter.

toaler
12-07-08, 22:03
$900-1000psf would have been reasonable if this is a freehold development.. for a 99 year LH, the price should be $800psf max

there's one big reason why i wouldnt consider this condo:
TRANSPORT issue

dakota is considered to be in the eastern part of singapore and when you live in the east and drives to work, the most important part of your life is PIE and ECP. Dakota is not that far out from ECP but this expressway is one big chaos in the morning EVERYDAY.. yeap traffic jam everyday right under the ERP gantry. more importantly, Dakota is NOT near PIE and this is a serious problem cause PIE is really the main road you will take to go almost everywhere. live in the east + not near to PIE = at least 10-15 mins of additional travel times...

it's near a future mrt station BUT ultimately this is a circle line station and not along the main arterial lines (ie east-west and north-south). there's a significant difference in travel times when you have to change trains

AgentKhoo
12-07-08, 22:06
$900-1000psf would have been reasonable if this is a freehold development.. for a 99 year LH, the price should be $800psf max

TRANSPORT issue

dakota is considered to be in the eastern part of singapore and when you live in the east and drives to work, the most important part of your life is PIE and ECP. Dakota is not that far out from ECP but this expressway is one big chaos in the morning EVERYDAY.. yeap traffic jam everyday right under the ERP gantry. more importantly, Dakota is NOT near PIE and this is a serious problem cause PIE is really the main road you will take to go almost everywhere. live in the east + not near to PIE = at least 10-15 mins of additional travel times...

it's near a future mrt station BUT ultimately this is a circle line station and not along the main arterial lines (ie east-west and north-south). there's a significant difference in travel times when you have to change trains
Kindly enlighten, which expressway is freflow in the morning?

Unregistered22
12-07-08, 22:07
Good schools? You mean good primary schools rite since secondary schools look at results rather than distance. You must have a very low standard of "good" schools. There ain't good schools in this area.

Did you notice all the things below are available even if you stay in HDB in Geylang? What's the point of staying in a 99 yr condo with no full facilities? If the location and MRT is the ONLY things you're looking for in your life, then I suggest you should buy a HDB. HDB units are even bigger!

AgentKhoo
12-07-08, 22:10
Good schools? You mean good primary schools rite since secondary schools look at results rather than distance. You must have a very low standard of "good" schools. There ain't good schools in this area.

Did you notice all the things below are available even if you stay in HDB in Geylang? What's the point of staying in a 99 yr condo with no full facilities? If the location and MRT is the ONLY things you're looking for in your life, then I suggest you should buy a HDB. HDB units are even bigger!

I agree with you. Dakota Residences is pure crap. Go for Waterfront Waves. That one got real reservoir compared to a geylang longkang :tongue3:

Bad circle line
12-07-08, 22:13
The circle line is the most inefficient line. Someone even wrote to forum to complain about the stupid line that goes round and gets nowhere! The response from LTA is that circle line is meant for people to travel from one suburb to another suburb, not intended to bring people fast fast to town. With the new downtown lines with are lines connecting directly to town, all the circle lines property will start to look unattractive. Even from Dakota, if you take MRT, it will take 45 min to reach your office - including walking time, waiting time, MRT travel time, walking to interchange, wait for another train and then finally walk to your office. Everything 10 min - add up to 50 min already. Where got fast?

TRANSPORT issue

AgentKhoo
12-07-08, 22:15
The circle line is the most inefficient line. Someone even wrote to forum to complain about the stupid line that goes round and gets nowhere! The response from LTA is that circle line is meant for people to travel from one suburb to another suburb, not intended to bring people fast fast to town. With the new downtown lines with are lines connecting directly to town, all the circle lines property will start to look unattractive. Even from Dakota, if you take MRT, it will take 45 min to reach your office - including walking time, waiting time, MRT travel time, walking to interchange, wait for another train and then finally walk to your office. Everything 10 min - add up to 50 min already. Where got fast?

I think those who bought into Dakota will see their prices half in a few years time :tongue1:

Happy38
12-07-08, 22:18

TRANSPORT issue

Doesn't seem so to me. CTE is really jam though.

toaler
12-07-08, 22:22
Kindly enlighten, which expressway is freflow in the morning?

Well. well.. the jam on ECP is one of the worst every morning and this is disgusting considering they charge $2.50 to let you creep your way through the ERP gantry

Happy38
12-07-08, 22:22
Are you saying that my observation this afternoon is incorrect? By the way, you shouldn't put 2 cheesy looking aunty agents at the counter.

Ms Ling, you are really contradictory. You said DR was jam packed in Waterfront Waves tread.... now say no one.

Obviously.... you writing rubbish.

AgentKhoo
12-07-08, 22:23
Doesn't seem so to me. CTE is really jam though.

Hee hee. Those stay in AMK, Yio Chu Kang, Yishun die! die! Pay lots of ERP.

Buy Dakota Residences. Near city. cheap! got MRT! Hee Hee

Happy38
12-07-08, 22:24
Well. well.. the jam on ECP is one of the worst every morning and this is disgusting considering they charge $2.50 to let you creep your way through the ERP gantry

We can only blame the government for the expensive ERP gantries.

But honestly.... traffic wasn't that bad... I drive thr it from Simei to CBD around 8-815am... it's was ok. Though ERP charges are expensive.

So DR offers a MRT alternative... to me is very good.

Happy38
12-07-08, 22:27
Joke of the century..

at the moment... 1000 psf is almost impossible to buy a freehold near Meyer... Tanjong Rhu. Seafront...Altos... going more than 1600 psf.

1000 psf... may not even get you waterplace...Cot'd Azur.

Agree... a tennis court would have been perfect.... but again... most new dunearn road condos which are really ex.. do not have tennis courts at all. I see only the very big condo projects i.e. more than > 500 units... maybe have tennis courts.

Geylang OKT
12-07-08, 22:29
We can only blame the government for the expensive ERP gantries.

But honestly.... traffic wasn't that bad... I drive thr it from Simei to CBD around 8-815am... it's was ok. Though ERP charges are expensive.

So DR offers a MRT alternative... to me is very good.

You want good one? Very new. Just come. Very good service. You come from showroom to find me ok?

Unregistered111
12-07-08, 22:29
from my driving experience, the best traffic during peak hours is still bukit timah and holland area. no need to go through expressway and only 1 erp gantry 50 cents for bukit timah. no gantry for holland. both roads lead directly to town and avoid expressways. traffic always good unless u go to work during school hours at 7am :)

Hee hee. Those stay in AMK, Yio Chu Kang, Yishun die! die! Pay lots of ERP.

Buy Dakota Residences. Near city. cheap! got MRT! Hee Hee

Happy38
12-07-08, 22:31
And because they cannot face the sea or reservoir like other good projects, face the geylang longkang will also make these hdb upgraders happy in dakota.

If you read the govt masterplan... geylang river will be part the kallang revamp.... fresh water...beautiful landscape...all ready by 2012. The same for clover.... facing a canal.... those who bought clover... and chose facing the canal... are looking at the future.... when all these turn into beautiful landscape and fresh waters.

Obviously... you're ignorant of all these... probably uneducated too!!!

Master Agent
12-07-08, 22:36
Listen up you agents! hdb upgraders are all very gullible. just bandy about the terms like mrt! mrt! mrt! and masterplan! masterplan! and these hdb wannabe upgraders will be like putty in your hands!

Most of these cheapos do not drive a car, so of course the mrt will come in handy. And becos they are so sua koo, they will also forgo the tennis court once you say the project is near the city city. That's how to close any of these small fly objections! :D

If you read the govt masterplan... geylang river will be part the kallang revamp.... fresh water...beautiful landscape...all ready by 2012. The same for clover.... facing a canal.... those who bought clover... and chose facing the canal... are looking at the future.... when all these turn into beautiful landscape and fresh waters.

Property buyer
12-07-08, 22:40

How long did cleaning the Kallang River take? 10 years or more? Who wants to wait that long? :(

Happy38
12-07-08, 22:44
Listen up you agents! hdb upgraders are all very gullible. just bandy about the terms like mrt! mrt! mrt! and masterplan! masterplan! and these hdb wannabe upgraders will be like putty in your hands!

Most of these cheapos do not drive a car, so of course the mrt will come in handy. And becos they are so sua koo, they will also forgo the tennis court once you say the project is near the city city. That's how to close any of these small fly objections! :D

Most of the buyers have private home addresses..... Straits Times.

Lucky West
12-07-08, 22:44
Yah boy! the " wild wild west" is the luckiest when it comes to traffic conditions and least ERP. Lucky because they have so many roads that get them directly to city center - Bukit Timah, West Coast highway, Holland Road, Commonwealth etc - other than PIE and AYE. Even got short cuts like Cluny that cut through everything and get out at Orchard.... Lucky folks. Not much traffic problems.......

from my driving experience, the best traffic during peak hours is still bukit timah and holland area. no need to go through expressway and only 1 erp gantry 50 cents for bukit timah. no gantry for holland. both roads lead directly to town and avoid expressways. traffic always good unless u go to work during school hours at 7am :)

Work horse
12-07-08, 22:48
Some Investors looking for rental yield becos red light district expected to huat with the IR coming. Prostitution and casino comes together. That's what I heard from an agent - off the record.. Will have high tenancy with lots of workers from "that" industry. Huat ah!

Most of the buyers have private home addresses..... Straits Times.

AgentKhoo
12-07-08, 22:50
Some Investors looking for rental yield becos red light district expected to huat with the IR coming. Prostitution and casino comes together. That's what I heard from an agent - off the record.. Will have high tenancy with lots of workers from "that" industry. Huat ah!

I already said I will bring my bangla and china mei mei tenants to rent Dakota Residences. Can co-broke.

wannabe
12-07-08, 23:06

Dude,
Dont u see what neighborhood you are paying $1000psf for?
Do u think people would just say negative remarks about a project because they're bored or could not afford it?
Its honestly a rip off!
Dirty canal, Slum area, 99years, totally crappy locations.
The HDBs around the area are 3 freaking stories high!!!
These are the super old HDB flats built by the government 2 decades ago.
To me the whole area seems to be a god forsaken town.
Dont u people SEE it?
One cannot compare D15 condos with Dakota...
Dakota is GL area for crying out loud!
i truly feel sorry for the people who have bought DR.
So many options nowadays with developers too scared to hold on to the projects.
Kovan residences is another crappy project... $950psf for a LH99 condo in Kovan area. What a rip off!
If you think i'm just bad mouthing DR because i'm bored, jealous or simply having a sad life then pls go ahead.
All i can say is... $1000psf for GL area, LH99 condo
Sad....damm damm sad...

AgentKhoo
12-07-08, 23:23
Don't forget, DR has no tennis court either. It is so pitiful, especially for a project with condo status. Apts without tennis court is of course understandable. But for a wannabe condo... it is UNFORGIVABLE. :tongue2:

Happy38
12-07-08, 23:28
Dude,
Dont u see what neighborhood you are paying $1000psf for?
Do u think people would just say negative remarks about a project because they're bored or could not afford it?
Its honestly a rip off!
Dirty canal, Slum area, 99years, totally crappy locations.
The HDBs around the area are 3 freaking stories high!!!
These are the super old HDB flats built by the government 2 decades ago.
To me the whole area seems to be a god forsaken town.
Dont u people SEE it?
One cannot compare D15 condos with Dakota...
Dakota is GL area for crying out loud!
i truly feel sorry for the people who have bought DR.
So many options nowadays with developers too scared to hold on to the projects.
Kovan residences is another crappy project... $950psf for a LH99 condo in Kovan area. What a rip off!
If you think i'm just bad mouthing DR because i'm bored, jealous or simply having a sad life then pls go ahead.
All i can say is... $1000psf for GL area, LH99 condo
Sad....damm damm sad...

Well.... each has his/her own views. Even different developers has their own views.... on the potential. Believe the site attracted more than 15 bids .. a record.

Kovan is a nostalgic place to some... will not be right to comment. Ultimately... value is put by those who stay. Naturally... we would think it is insane to pay 3500 psf to stay at Nassim... but to others... it is cheap.

Price is always relative. 1000 psf is peanuts to some... while to some... seem a sky high price.

AgentKhoo
12-07-08, 23:39
Go check with some owners at Loyang Gardens. They paid a very high price back in 1996 for the 999yr property. In 2005, they wanted me to sell their property at $700k, already a heavy loss for them as they bought it easily another 100k+ higher. I couldn't do that, as the market price then for the project was just $600k+ That is the real world for you.

To bring the case nearer to home (or geylang vicinity since this is dakota), same for Wing Fong Mansions and Wing Fong Court. The early birds bought the properties for around $650k. During 2005-2006 times, the same properties were going only for $300k to $330k. Do the maths and eat your hearts out. :tongue2: :tongue1: :tongue4:

AgentKhoo
12-07-08, 23:41
Oh I forget... and the examples below were 999yr (almost as good as FH) and FH properties. 99LH properties will totally drop like a rock in bad times.

Go check with some owners at Loyang Gardens. They paid a very high price back in 1996 for the 999yr property. In 2005, they wanted me to sell their property at $700k, already a heavy loss for them as they bought it easily another 100k+ higher. I couldn't do that, as the market price then for the project was just $600k+ That is the real world for you.

To bring the case nearer to home (or geylang vicinity since this is dakota), same for Wing Fong Mansions and Wing Fong Court. The early birds bought the properties for around $650k. During 2005-2006 times, the same properties were going only for $300k to $330k. Do the maths and eat your hearts out. :tongue2: :tongue1: :tongue4:

wannabe
12-07-08, 23:44
Well.... each has his/her own views. Even different developers has their own views.... on the potential. Believe the site attracted more than 15 bids .. a record.

Kovan is a nostalgic place to some... will not be right to comment. Ultimately... value is put by those who stay. Naturally... we would think it is insane to pay 3500 psf to stay at Nassim... but to others... it is cheap.

Price is always relative. 1000 psf is peanuts to some... while to some... seem a sky high price.

You dont need $3500psf to live in D10.
D10 is quite big, dont have to stay in Nassim.
you can easily get brand new D10 FH condos for $1200psf.
But no, it does not have a MRT station cos people staying there dont take MRT.
But yes $1200psf gets you a brand new D10 FH condo in which , u turn right, its Vivo & Sentosa in 10mins.
Turn left its clarke quay, Orchard in 10mins.
But not saying this to pissed people who bought DR or KR at $1000psf.
I just feel tat there are so much better condos around.
Y get into debt for the next 20-30years over overpriced not too good subrub area condos.
I may sound offending, but i'm just trying to get my point across, pls dont get ripped off anymore people.

AgentKhoo
12-07-08, 23:47
Good point. Precisely the quality projects are almost never near MRTs because they appeal to a different class of people. Only hdb upgraders are turned on by the promise of a nearby mrt.

A case in point - is a GCB near any MRT for the matter? ;)

Unregistered 101
12-07-08, 23:57
you are very imaginative about hdb residents pointing at your car indeed!

char kway teow fumes coming in from so far away? are you kidding too?

how do you define prime district? in the past toa payoh is considered ulu. now, it is not. dakota is so near city, i will not be surprised if it becomes a prime district one day. and this is not a far fetched thing since the government is developing this area.

Totally Agree with you..

wannabe
13-07-08, 00:01
Good point. Precisely the quality projects are almost never near MRTs because they appeal to a different class of people. Only hdb upgraders are turned on by the promise of a nearby mrt.

A case in point - is a GCB near any MRT for the matter? ;)[/QUOTE]

Frankel Avenue landed properties are quite near Kembangan MRT.
But of cos they are no GCB standard.
In fact i have more info on DR that proves my point of it being the rip off of the year.
But i shall spare those who have bought.

AgentKhoo
13-07-08, 00:15

In fact i have more info on DR that proves my point of it being the rip off of the year.
But i shall spare those who have bought.[/QUOTE]

Share lah... don't let others be conned into buying a 99LH lemon with no tennis court and in the vicinity of the red light district. Come to think of it, they share the same district number D14! :D

Unregistered101
13-07-08, 01:00
60%, that's pretty good considering that there are stacks still unlaunched. Why is there a forumer going on and on and on about tennis court????? If so importatnt, then just be it, move on and do not look at the project, I am personally fine with it. Strange.

Maybe this tennis COCK really bother him so much.. HHMMM may he is our... National Player????

Unregistered002
13-07-08, 07:20
Maybe this tennis COCK really bother him so much.. HHMMM may he is our... National Player????

Ooh... temper temper.... I too will feel inadequate if there is no tennis court for a condo. I will not buy a condo with no tennis court too.

Ah Bong
13-07-08, 08:06
Hur... no tennis court??? How can a much touted condo project have no tennis court. Maybe it is apartment status? My friends tell me projects with apartment status no need to have tennis courts because their land area is not big enough.

Frankel
13-07-08, 09:51

But i shall spare those who have bought.[/QUOTE]

Kembangan is in D14. But it is never labelled as Geylang.

Happy38
13-07-08, 10:27

Kembangan is in D14. But it is never labelled as Geylang.[/QUOTE]

good point.

wannabe
13-07-08, 12:07

Kembangan is in D14. But it is never labelled as Geylang.[/QUOTE]

cos its far from GL for the most obvious reasons although its in the same D14.
But dakota.....well u go down and take a look yourself.

Strange
13-07-08, 15:21
I don't think there are many brand new condos at 1200 in D10, but for resale 1200psf is everywhere in D10. That is why it's hard to understand why people flock to the showflats when the resale are better value. Some of these people might be not familiar with the property market, and have no idea how to view and buy a resale flat.

As for location, if near an MRT is the only criteria, then I think one should just settle for a HDB. At the end of the day, many condo dwellers pay to have better quality of life and having country-club facilities at their doorstep. There're some older condos with much bigger land area, better pools, better tennis courts, golf putting green, etc etc. - a full suite of facilities. The chance of enbloc is also much higher with huge plots of land. Of course, not everyone leads a healthy lifestyle, but then if you don't do any sports, then why bother to stay in a condo wh is 99 yrs? To hao lian issit? How to hao lian when people ask you "where is dakota?" and you have to say near Geylang? Dakota is very near Geylang. Dakota MRT station will be the congregation point, the nearest MRT to red light district. Can imagine the MRT station will be v interesting....

But yes $1200psf gets you a brand new D10 FH condo in which , u turn right, its Vivo & Sentosa in 10mins.
Y get into debt for the next 20-30years over overpriced not too good subrub area condos.
I may sound offending, but i'm just trying to get my point across, pls dont get ripped off anymore people.

SHANGHAI ONE
13-07-08, 15:34

HOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH

SHANGHAI ONE RIGHT!!!?!??!??!?!??!?!?!!

SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS
13-07-08, 15:35
Sorri but SHANGHAI ONE SUCKS!!!

It may be D10 but it finishing and architecture looks like a GEYLANG CONDO!

No facilities. Only fit for KTV gals and part time student-hookers.

$1200psf also nobody wants to buy!

Doomsday
13-07-08, 17:06
Fannie and Freddie: How the Fallout Could Affect You

By Ron Lieber The New York Times | 12 Jul 2008 | 04:37 PM ET

The stock market swoon over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac this week has left many consumers scratching their heads, wondering if buying a home is a worse idea than it was seven days ago or whether to take down the “for sale” sign in the yard.

So now is a good time to step back and assess the landscape.

Thus far, the biggest damage has been mostly to Fannie’s and Freddie’s investors, though the overall stock market has recoiled as the companies stumbled. In the housing market, consumers are still moving into new homes, and people continued to close on new loans Friday.

But if you are shopping for a home or a mortgage or considering selling a home, you may wonder what will happen next if things get worse for Fannie and Freddie. Will mortgage rates rise, and home prices fall further? Could the troubles affect the rates you are charged for other loans? Answering these questions starts with a brief (I promise) primer on what the two entities do and why they’re important.

In the beginning, there’s a mortgage lender. It can lend you money it has taken in from deposits on checking accounts and certificates of deposit if it wants. But many lenders choose to sell most or all of their home loans once they make them, and then use the proceeds of the sale to make even more loans.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are the buyers for many of these loans, which makes them crucial to the continued ability of companies to lend money to you and me for a house. Freddie likens itself to a wholesaler supplying a retail store: the retail store is a bank selling money.

Once Fannie and Freddie have bought enough loans, they turn many of them into bonds and sell those bonds to investors. Your mutual funds may hold many of them, something many consumers may just be noticing, after letting out a sigh of relief because they were not planning to buy or sell a home anytime soon.

The mortgage financing system hums along until Fannie and Freddie have trouble raising money to buy loans, or it costs them more to raise the money. And that’s what is happening now. “That increased cost must be passed along; it’s the nature of the beast,” says Keith T. Gumbinger, vice president of the financial publisher HSH Associates, where he has tracked mortgage rates for more than two decades.

The question then is how, if at all, any of these higher costs will be passed along through the mortgage lenders to consumers.

As of Friday, not much had changed, and mortgage bankers were putting on a brave face. “It is business as usual, and rates have held steady for the past two days,” said David G. Kittle, chairman elect of the Mortgage Bankers Association and chief executive of Principle Wholesale Lending in Louisville, Ky. He said the company locked in rates for one buyer and two people who were refinancing on Friday morning, as the stocks plummeted, and that the hand-wringing over Fannie and Freddie amounts to a “media feeding frenzy.”

Karen Shaw Petrou, managing partner of policy consultant Federal Financial Analytics, sees a remote possibility that mortgage rates could in fact fall. If the federal government took control of Fannie and Freddie, a possibility that the Treasury secretary, Henry M. Paulson Jr., seemed to discount in a statement Friday, the companies’ financing costs would probably drop some because government control suggests a government guarantee. Until now, the government has provided credit lines to the companies but stopped short of such a promise.

Many mortgage experts, however, expect rates to rise a quarter percentage point to half a point in the coming weeks. The average rate on Thursday for a prime 30-year fixed-rate nonjumbo mortgage was about 6.45 percent for someone not paying special fees known as points to lower the rate, according to HSH Associates data. That kind of spike wouldn’t be too unusual at a time when rates often rise and fall by at least that much over a period of weeks, for any number of reasons.

Over the longer term, a dysfunctional Freddie and Fannie could send mortgage rates higher than they would have been otherwise, relative to key market rates like Treasury securities.

For now, if you’re considering buying a house or refinancing a mortgage, and that rate rise is enough to make a difference, then maybe the deal is not affordable. “If someone is so tight that a quarter point kills a deal, they probably ought to be rethinking what they’re doing,” says Bert Ely, a banking consultant in Alexandria, Va.

For mortgage shoppers comfortable with loans at today’s prices, now is the time to lock in, or guarantee, an interest rate with the lender, which can effectively set the rate over the life of a fixed-rate loan. Given the current uncertainty, there’s always the possibility that lenders will be less willing to offer rate locks in the coming weeks.

Outside the mortgage industry, there is some concern that a further crippled Fannie and Freddie could make it harder for consumers to borrow in all forms. “There is a contagion effect. If investors in various kinds of loans get concerned about one kind of capital market, it can spread to other markets,” said Mark Kantrowitz, who runs the college financing site FinAid.org and saw this firsthand in student loans over the past year or so. “They tend to pull back from everything, not just their initial area of concern.”

All the consternation this week only highlights how much rests on the value of our homes and shows that loan pricing and availability can keep the value from falling further. “The implications run everywhere, through to consumer spending and state and local governments,” said Mark Zandi, chief economist of Moody’s Economy.com. “Anything that exacerbates the problem is very bad news. It’s just sticking a finger into an already deep and festering wound.”

Mr. Zandi said he thought the federal government would step in to stabilize the situation if mortgage rates rose much more than that quarter or half point.

The government might take any number of steps to buck up the two ailing entities. The bonds that Fannie and Freddie sell are held all over the world, by mutual funds and foreign governments. Any hint that those securities are in peril could further undermine faith in the United States economy, given that Fannie and Freddie were created and chartered by the American government.

In an election year, meanwhile, with the housing market already lousy in most places, the federal government will almost certainly do everything in its power to make sure that banks have continued access to Fannie and Freddie funds for loans to creditworthy home buyers.

wannabe
13-07-08, 18:00
I don't think there are many brand new condos at 1200 in D10, but for resale 1200psf is everywhere in D10. That is why it's hard to understand why people flock to the showflats when the resale are better value. Some of these people might be not familiar with the property market, and have no idea how to view and buy a resale flat.

As for location, if near an MRT is the only criteria, then I think one should just settle for a HDB. At the end of the day, many condo dwellers pay to have better quality of life and having country-club facilities at their doorstep. There're some older condos with much bigger land area, better pools, better tennis courts, golf putting green, etc etc. - a full suite of facilities. The chance of enbloc is also much higher with huge plots of land. Of course, not everyone leads a healthy lifestyle, but then if you don't do any sports, then why bother to stay in a condo wh is 99 yrs? To hao lian issit? How to hao lian when people ask you "where is dakota?" and you have to say near Geylang? Dakota is very near Geylang. Dakota MRT station will be the congregation point, the nearest MRT to red light district. Can imagine the MRT station will be v interesting....

There are many subsales in D10 going for $1200psf.
Since these are subsales, meaning condos are brand new and not TOP yet.
Hence my statement of D10 condos going at $1200psf.
Many of these DR buyers do not have much knowledge of the SG property market. Jus because Government say this say that they go buy GL area condos for $1000psf. Work the rest of their lives off paying for a lemon.
Its a laughing stock really.
If i am one of the buyers of dakota now, i will just allow my option to lapse.
I'm saying this because i just cant bear seeing more people being cheated.

wannabe
13-07-08, 18:03
Sorri but SHANGHAI ONE SUCKS!!!

It may be D10 but it finishing and architecture looks like a GEYLANG CONDO!

No facilities. Only fit for KTV gals and part time student-hookers.

$1200psf also nobody wants to buy!

Shanghai One has already TOPed for many years.
I'm talking about brand new Condos not TOP yet and going for around $1200psf.
I'm waiting to buy so i'm not going to say which ones.
You just have to study the area better. Its no rocket science.
I'm waiting for it to drop till $1000psf which should not be more than 1 year from now.
Just have to wait patiently, if not one can always go out and buy a $1000psf D14 GL LEMON Condo

cloverDover
13-07-08, 19:55
I agree, looks a bit underpriced, should be >SGD1,000 psf given the proximity to CBD. Further down the road, at Meyer (ok, a better address), >SGD1,500 psf.

http://www.dakotaresidences.com.sg/

from the website, it seems the introduction uses the same picture as the brochure of clover by the park....

hahahha.... i wonder if the marketing company are the same people!

cherrycreek
13-07-08, 21:11
was at the showflat, heard that the penthouse was sold at 3.5mio, really lots and lots of guts !!

Unregisteredzzz
13-07-08, 22:10
Kembangan is in D14. But it is never labelled as Geylang.

But dakota.....well u go down and take a look yourself.[/QUOTE]
Kembangan may not be near GL, but it is near Joo Chiat, another well known red light area.

Misfit
13-07-08, 22:21
Dakota is crap

Unregistered1
13-07-08, 22:29
Kembangan is no way a "high class" area as well. It is still D14 and the houses there are not fetching good psf. So the red light district label is still there.

But dakota.....well u go down and take a look yourself.
Kembangan may not be near GL, but it is near Joo Chiat, another well known red light area.[/QUOTE]

Unregistered002
13-07-08, 22:38
If you want your properties to appreciate, avoid all D14 properties. Who wants to stay in the same location as prostitutes and foreign workers? If the walls are thin, you can even hear the bonking going on all night.

Murders and fights are commonplace, and so is open air gambling. You also have lustful ah peks roaming the streets day and night, cigarette peddlars and other perverts and sickos plus drug rehab centre, tattoed members of triads, lion dance groups, etc. etc all bad for your children as well.

Ugh! :(

dakota
13-07-08, 22:51
Actually, i really wonder who bought Dakota?
1).Dakota is surrounded by very poor hdb area.-sucks
2).Dakota is facing a school.-sucks
3).Dakota is facing a big drain.-sucks
4).Dakota is right across Geylang.-sucks, unless you want to get suck by(china mei mei)
5).Dakota is 99 leasehold.-really sucks.

Dakota is $900+psf. Who ever bought Dakota will be in negative equity in less than 1/2 years time. In fact, i will place a bet that the prices will go down by more than 40%, thanks to NTUC.

NTUC i thought was a GOV agency to fight for the rights of workers? How come sucking peoples money instead?

wannabe
13-07-08, 22:55
Kembangan is no way a "high class" area as well. It is still D14 and the houses there are not fetching good psf. So the red light district label is still there.

Kembangan may not be near GL, but it is near Joo Chiat, another well known red light area.[/QUOTE]

Kembangan is ok...affordable landed housing are there.
As for it being labelled as a Red Light District, its a bit far-fetched.
The negative aspect of Kembangan are the road names, all very malay sounding and the presence of many temples and mosques.

wannabe
13-07-08, 22:56
was at the showflat, heard that the penthouse was sold at 3.5mio, really lots and lots of guts !!

suckers are getting bigger by the day.

wannabe
13-07-08, 22:58
4).Dakota is right across Geylang.-sucks, unless you want to get suck by(china mei mei)

Dakota is $900+psf. Who ever bought Dakota will be in negative equity in less than 1/2 years time. In fact, i will place a bet that the prices will go down by more than 40%, thanks to NTUC.

NTUC i thought was a GOV agency to fight for the rights of workers? How come sucking peoples money instead?

I went there, the agents quoted me $1000psf on average, ask me to book a unit fast...hahahaha...

its the biggest scam i have come across in a long time.

AgentKhoo
13-07-08, 23:13

Hahahaha! I like your number 4 best! plus

6) Dakota has no tennis court - really really sucks big time! :tongue1:

ntuc
13-07-08, 23:38

Dakota buyers will be the first victims of the 2008 recession.

UOB
13-07-08, 23:43
Yes, infact. UOB chairman Wee has already said this is the worst senario he has seen in 30 years, what else do people still need to hear to wake up their stupidity?!

JR
13-07-08, 23:56

To correct your point, in fact Joo Chiat is in D15 itself. So does that mean D15 is not "high class". I know some very well established people with $$$ living in D15 :)

Kembangan is in D14, so is the future Paya Lebar hub. District though impt but more impt is the area. I do agree that properties in Geylang is not a place to raise a family.

In fact, i think Kembangan is understated and undervalued, so near to future Paya Lebar Hub, and a stone thow away from Frankel/ Siglap bungalow area.

Btw, not vested in DR... there are better buys elsewhere.

JR
14-07-08, 00:01
Kembangan is ok...affordable landed housing are there.
As for it being labelled as a Red Light District, its a bit far-fetched.
The negative aspect of Kembangan are the road names, all very malay sounding and the presence of many temples and mosques.[/QUOTE]

I agree :) though now most that live there are Chinese rather than Malay whom the majority shifted away.

wannabe
14-07-08, 00:02
To correct your point, in fact Joo Chiat is in D15 itself. So does that mean D15 is not "high class". I know some very well established people with $$$ living in D15 :)

Kembangan is in D14, so is the future Paya Lebar hub. District though impt but more impt is the area. I do agree that properties in Geylang is not a place to raise a family.

In fact, i think Kembangan is understated and undervalued, so near to future Paya Lebar Hub, and a stone thow away from Frankel/ Siglap bungalow area.

Btw, not vested in DR... there are better buys elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

very much agree.

Passerby
14-07-08, 06:53

Btw, not vested in DR... there are better buys elsewhere.

very much agree.[/QUOTE]

Kembangan is a great place... quiet ... serene.... though in D14... prices have appreciated quite a bit in last 2 years.

I concur area rather than district is important. D14 is so big....

Passerby
14-07-08, 06:55

Everyone who is invested or just bought may be affected.

In fact.. I feel outlying projects...prices will fall faster if the economy really take a dip.

But... resale of HDB rising... same for rentals... will provide good support for mass market condo. If a HDB is selling for 700K... would you still buy HDB resale or buy a private condo or EC?

Passerby
14-07-08, 06:59
suckers are getting bigger by the day.

The view is fantastic.... people buying for the unblocked view of the South.

There are a lot of rick folks out there....

Besides... prob most are buying for their kids... to be near them. Look at those GCBs in mounbattan and tanjong katong...

Passerby
14-07-08, 07:00
Yes, infact. UOB chairman Wee has already said this is the worst senario he has seen in 30 years, what else do people still need to hear to wake up their stupidity?!

Potentially may present one of the best opportunities to buy into the stock market...

Financial stocks in US are abt 20-30% of last year market cap.

Passerby
14-07-08, 07:01
Hahahaha! I like your number 4 best! plus

6) Dakota has no tennis court - really really sucks big time! :tongue1:

Most recently launched Condo... dun have tennis courts... unless you are refering to the mega ones... fact of life.

Jalan and Lorongs
14-07-08, 09:46
All the taman and the jalans and the lorongs. Anyway, MRT already there. fully valued already. don't really like the Paya Lebar area as well - short flatted factories and offices - unlikely to be prestigious. Also why important to be near these factories/offices? If your office not there, traffic jam lagi worse. Now already traffic jam, even weekends.

Btw, not vested in DR... there are better buys elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Unregistered3
14-07-08, 09:50
Anyone was at showflat over the weekend? Has the developer launched all stacks? I think sales is probably slow...

dead duck
14-07-08, 10:06
Anyone was at showflat over the weekend? Has the developer launched all stacks? I think sales is probably slow...

Very... very.... slow.... so who was the joker who said 10 units also sold this weekend? I think probably ZERO units sold more like it :tongue1:

Analyst
14-07-08, 10:19
Have been researching property for a while. If one is looking for good unblock view, proximity to CBD and mrt, similar price (about $1000psf) you may want to look at Southbank@ Lavender. Should have potential when concourse launches two new residential apartment at the end of the month.

got carpark?
14-07-08, 14:08
How many carpark lots? Nowadays some horrible developers only 1 carpark lot per family. Really horrible. 2nd car must go find public carpark and visitors must go find public carpark also. Really horrible - most condo dwellers have 2 cars. So how?
Very... very.... slow.... so who was the joker who said 10 units also sold this weekend? I think probably ZERO units sold more like it :tongue1:

Unregister
14-07-08, 14:20

What with new launches such as Kovan residences and Beacon Heights and Clover - all at about $800 psf now.... Those who bought Dakota can bang head on the walls.......

Hi
14-07-08, 14:44
What with new launches such as Kovan residences and Beacon Heights and Clover - all at about $800 psf now.... Those who bought Dakota can bang head on the walls.......

Personally, I don't see how the other 3 developments are much better than dakota. Each has their own selling point...none of them is as close to city as dakota. Buyers buy whichever devp which suit their preference.

And oh please, don't tell me that their selling point is becoz they are not so near geylang as dakota.

Hi
14-07-08, 14:46
How many carpark lots? Nowadays some horrible developers only 1 carpark lot per family. Really horrible. 2nd car must go find public carpark and visitors must go find public carpark also. Really horrible - most condo dwellers have 2 cars. So how?

Which new condo provides minimum 2 lots per h/hld? Unless we are talking abt cluster house?

Unregister
14-07-08, 16:51
Personally, I don't see how the other 3 developments are much better than dakota. Each has their own selling point...none of them is as close to city as dakota. Buyers buy whichever devp which suit their preference.

And oh please, don't tell me that their selling point is becoz they are not so near geylang as dakota.

You must have bought an unit there... :)

Siao
14-07-08, 16:58

Buy landed lor.

Unregistered999
14-07-08, 17:04
Why people like to compare Clover by the park with Dakota? Former is a mass market condo while Dakota is a mid tier, naturally it is priced higher.

Unregistered23
14-07-08, 17:09
Have been researching property for a while. If one is looking for good unblock view, proximity to CBD and mrt, similar price (about $1000psf) you may want to look at Southbank@ Lavender. Should have potential when concourse launches two new residential apartment at the end of the month.

Bloody agents!

STAN
14-07-08, 17:12

May I know where you staying now? Go build youself a house up in the mountain in China lah. If you so high class then don't stay in Spore lah.

Interested Buyer
14-07-08, 20:20
Why people like to compare Clover by the park with Dakota? Former is a mass market condo while Dakota is a mid tier, naturally it is priced higher.

Have been reading the forum... interesting trend.

Agree... cannot compare Clover... Livia with Dakota. Different market... different location.

Btw...between SouthBank and Dakota... which is better. Have been looking for a unit near MRT, near city.

Many carpark
14-07-08, 21:25
Actually my condo in Bukit Timah area can have 4 lots per HH. My family has 3 cars but my neighbour has 4. So get the older condos if you want more car park. One of the most expensive part of any development is the underground carpark, so the new developments cut corners to save on that. We do entertaining very often has well, and so far my guests have no problems with car park. I know of a condo in the east that force the visitors to pay hourly parking. Really terrible!
Which new condo provides minimum 2 lots per h/hld? Unless we are talking abt cluster house?

AK47
14-07-08, 21:32
Bloody agents!

Dont like that say, if SouthBank price the same as Dakota of course buy SouthBank la.

What Dakota has, SouthBank has too.

But dont think same price la.

wannabe
14-07-08, 22:25
Dont like that say, if SouthBank price the same as Dakota of course buy SouthBank la.

Dakota is pure crap.
Case close. No need for anymore justifications on why its worth buying.
These justifications are just self-denial

14-07-08, 22:26
Have been reading the forum... interesting trend.

Agree... cannot compare Clover... Livia with Dakota. Different market... different location.

Btw...between SouthBank and Dakota... which is better. Have been looking for a unit near MRT, near city.

Aiya pple wo class nnows nut about the differences in Projects.
Keep thinking of a house is a house..
Sigh..

Is like comparing a Casio with rolex.

Interested Buyer
14-07-08, 22:32

what are the perks/benefits of SouthBank?

Interested Buyer
14-07-08, 22:34
Aiya pple wo class nnows nut about the differences in Projects.
Keep thinking of a house is a house..
Sigh..

Is like comparing a Casio with rolex.

Aiyo.. what a language.

This is a forum for people to discuss projects.... share knowledge.

wannabewrotecrap
14-07-08, 22:36
Dakota is pure crap.
Case close. No need for anymore justifications on why its worth buying.
These justifications are just self-denial

i agree, please stop writing craps!

wannabe
14-07-08, 22:41
i agree, please stop writing craps!

Hahaha...i agree with you.
But but but...i wrote crap because people dont see the crap in DR.
okok...no more craps.

Interested Buyer
14-07-08, 22:44
Hahaha...i agree with you.
But but but...i wrote crap because people dont see the crap in DR.
okok...no more craps.

Personal attack is wrong!

AK47
14-07-08, 22:54
what are the perks/benefits of SouthBank?

let me think.... nearer to city?

does that count?

Unregistered123
15-07-08, 00:12
let me think.... nearer to city?

does that count?

Better yet... closest to the flesh trade :tongue1:

Dakota kena sabo
15-07-08, 07:16
WHILE City Developments managed to sell 96 units last week at its Livia condo at Pasir Ris, developers of most other projects suffered rapidly declining sales at their showflats.

Lousy say lousy. Don't blame other projects for spoiling the market. :tongue2:

Nanana
15-07-08, 08:56
WHILE City Developments managed to sell 96 units last week at its Livia condo at Pasir Ris, developers of most other projects suffered rapidly declining sales at their showflats.

Lousy say lousy. Don't blame other projects for spoiling the market. :tongue2:

hahaa...Livia's location is so way off..go compare WW with Livia...more apt...

D14 (Sure Die)
15-07-08, 09:01

Hi, I will not be surprised Singapore may end up like HongKong, ie. u need to buy a parking lot before you can own a car.

Nanana
15-07-08, 09:05
Hi, I will not be surprised Singapore may end up like HongKong, ie. u need to buy a parking lot before you can own a car.

Our ERP gantries will delay that from happening. HK don't have those.

mr funny
15-07-08, 10:00
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/suite/story/0,4574,287712,00.html?

Published July 15, 2008

Condo sales at showflats tapering off

One developer blames Livia's pricing for 'spoiling' other projects' sales

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2008-07-15/BT_IMAGES_KRTAKE15.jpg
Woodsville 28: When Frasers Centrepoint previews its project this weekend, the stakes for nearby Kovan Residences are expected to go up

At least one developer blamed Livia's attractive pricing - $650 psf on average - for 'spoiling' sales of other projects, while others said a tapering off was to be expected given negative news flows from overseas on the state of the financial and stock markets.

Developers and property agents generally reported still strong turnouts at showflats last weekend, although take-up slowed.

Sim Lian sold 19 units last week at its Clover By The Park condo in Bishan, less than the 59-unit sales it achieved in the preceding week. To date, Sim Lian has sold 273 of the total 616 units in the project. 'That's almost 45 per cent of a large project in just three weeks; that's quite an achievement given current market sentiment,' Sim Lian Group executive director Diana Kuik said when approached by BT.

The 99-year leasehold project's average price remains at $750 psf.

Sim Lian also sold a unit at The Amery, a freehold project in the Telok Kurau area, last week - again a less sparkling performance than the four units it sold a week earlier.

Next to Geylang River, NTUC Choice Homes and Ho Bee found buyers for another nine units at Dakota Residences last weekend. This brings total sales to 170 units in the 99-year project, which has an average price of about $980 psf.

Over in the Kovan MRT Station vicinity, the developer of Kovan Residences sold about 20 units last week, bringing total sales to over 100 units since the 99-year project was previewed at a private party on June 28. The average price is somewhere in the $870-900 psf range. Nearby, MCL Land sold another three units at its D-Pavilion, a freehold project priced at $900 psf on average last week. This was a slower sales rate than initial sales of 10 units the preceding weekend.

The stakes will go up for these two developers when Frasers Centrepoint previews this weekend its Woodsville 28 near Potong Pasir MRT Station - which is three MRT stops closer to town than Kovan MRT Station.

The 110-unit condo will have an average price of $880 psf. The 99-year leasehold development comprises two 17-storey blocks.

'The two- and three-bedder units, with respective average sizes of 883 sq ft and 1,195 sq ft, are about 5 to 6 per cent smaller than conventional units as we've adjusted our sizes to fit the profile of the market we're targeting - those just starting their families or young couples who want to stay near the city and even retirees.

'Two-bedroom apartments start at $700,000 and three-bedders from just over $1 million,' says Frasers Centrepoint Homes chief operating officer Cheang Kok Kheong.

CDL's spokeswoman said Livia saw strong take-up of various unit types last week, especially two- and three-bedders. 'The four-bedroom apartments were purchased either for owner occupation or rental potential in view of United World College's East Campus coming up in the vicinity.

'The project's average price remains $650 psf, with prices for certain unit types and facing being upped by 1-3 per cent for the latest release of 120 units last weekend,' she added.

The 96 units sold at Livia last week contrasted with sales of 160 units in the preceding week when CDL previewed the 99-year leasehold project, resulting in total sales of 256 units. So far, 320 of the condo's total 724 units have been released.

A veteran property consultant said: 'Crowds were generally still very good at showflats last weekend, though take-up has slowed. In any development, demand for 30-40 per cent of units comes from the surrounding population catchment. Usually that's the case, good or bad times.

'Once sales in a project launch hits a certain percentage from this catchment demand, developers have to attract people from other parts of Singapore. That's a tougher job, with a lot more convincing to be done compared with selling to people who already know the area.'

Another problem is that buyers are unsure of the property market's direction. 'Even when there are attractively priced projects, potential buyers worry if property prices will go down further. They also ask themselves whether they really need to upgrade; they worry about the economy and their jobs. The bad news coming out from financial institutions in the US is a big concern,' a property agent said.

On a more positive note, Sim Lian's Ms Kuik said: 'If you have a good product in a location where there's a pool of buyers and if your pricing is reasonable, there will be take-up.'

URA
15-07-08, 12:50
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of June 2008

Project Name ....... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Dakota Residences . RCR ....... 144 ............................ 1,078 ............. 978 ............... 880

Interested Buyer
15-07-08, 21:35
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of June 2008

Project Name ....... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Dakota Residences . RCR ....... 144 ............................ 1,078 ............. 978 ............... 880

170 units sold. Not bad!

Interested Buyer
15-07-08, 21:39

Different market... hence different pricing.

Nearby condo @ meyer, tanjong rhu transacting.. btw 1000 to 1800 psf.

seow nang
15-07-08, 22:12
Different market... hence different pricing.

Nearby condo @ meyer, tanjong rhu transacting.. btw 1000 to 1800 psf.

You are not comparing apple to apple. How to compare a premium D15 property with a geylang D14 vicinity?

I really take off my hat to you :tongue2:

kal
15-07-08, 22:19
lokang view vs seaview? :doh:

Interested Buyer
15-07-08, 22:32
You are not comparing apple to apple. How to compare a premium D15 property with a geylang D14 vicinity?

I really take off my hat to you :tongue2:

To me... they are in the same location. If you notice... DR while in D14... it is not in geylang really.... it is at the fringe of D14...at the fringe of mounbattan/tanjong katong...meyer area.

Of cos... meyer area is better... totally unblocked view of the south.

btw.. it is not a logang... while the water works complete by 2011... I believe the view will be beautiful

Unregistered2
15-07-08, 22:41
To me... they are in the same location. If you notice... DR while in D14... it is not in geylang really.... it is at the fringe of D14...at the fringe of mounbattan/tanjong katong...meyer area.

Of cos... meyer area is better... totally unblocked view of the south.

btw.. it is not a logang... while the water works complete by 2011... I believe the view will be beautiful
don't take their comments seriously. some people sour grapes. nothing wrong with dakota absolutely. MRT is the best selling point.

wannabe
15-07-08, 22:43
don't take their comments seriously. some people sour grapes. nothing wrong with dakota absolutely. MRT is the best selling point.

sour grapes?
its more like self denial caused by buying a lemon.
its a lot more lemon than grapes..

Geylang Agent
16-07-08, 06:56
Actually Dakota very good. Got big longkang, chickens and lemons

P Agent
16-07-08, 07:51
Dakota is nothing more than just a development facing a big longkang and potentially aedes mosquitoes breading ground.

Unregistered2
16-07-08, 08:25
sour grapes?
its more like self denial caused by buying a lemon.
its a lot more lemon than grapes..
you are mistaken. i am not a DK owner. i bought my condo more than a year ago. been to DK site and showflat and find its potential.

Unregistered2
16-07-08, 08:31
with so many MRT stations coming up, condos or private developments next to MRTs will increase in value. congratulations to DK owners.

Nanana
16-07-08, 09:04
At least DR does not have to face the 10 lanes expressway in order to face the sea. The silent longkang view is not that bad.

The real good condos which face the sea are found near Keppel bay, carribean etc.

Feng Shui Master
16-07-08, 17:30
At least DR does not have to face the 10 lanes expressway in order to face the sea. The silent longkang view is not that bad.

The real good condos which face the sea are found near Keppel bay, carribean etc.

Go read up on feng shui, if your property faces sluggish, brownish or murkish waters, it is a very bad location.

DR is unfortunately facing such a slow moving longkang. Maybe for those lusty uncle types who buy DR so as to be nearby to visit china mei mei everyday, the danger is that their little brother may fall off anytime time due to the bad feng shui there. :doh:

Nanana
16-07-08, 17:39
Go read up on feng shui, if your property faces sluggish, brownish or murkish waters, it is a very bad location.

DR is unfortunately facing such a slow moving longkang. Maybe for those lusty uncle types who buy DR so as to be nearby to visit china mei mei everyday, the danger is that their little brother may fall off anytime time due to the bad feng shui there. :doh:

Well....compared to expressways where the noise and pollution pose health hazards...I would not mind taking a chance with the longkang...but don't feng shui master earn money by telling you how to ward off the negative aspects of your new house?

Feng Shui Master
16-07-08, 18:00
Well....compared to expressways where the noise and pollution pose health hazards...I would not mind taking a chance with the longkang...but don't feng shui master earn money by telling you how to ward off the negative aspects of your new house?

Frankly, both categories are no good. Besides, there is only so much a feng shui master can do.

China mei mei
16-07-08, 19:07
Frankly, both categories are no good. Besides, there is only so much a feng shui master can do.

You want? Good service.

Expressway
16-07-08, 19:20
There was this time when some reporter went to interview people at Bayshore Park - turned out to be a disaster because there was this constant sound of cars speeding past the expressway - this droning sound that is very bad for health.

kal
16-07-08, 19:54
in terms of perfect sea facing, those at sentosa island are the best ! :scared-2:

Passerby
16-07-08, 20:56
Dakota is nothing more than just a development facing a big longkang and potentially aedes mosquitoes breading ground.

Geylang river will be fresh water in time to come....

how come people so ignorant....????? Part of the Master 2011 Plan.

Clover will also have fresh water...once the fresh water projects complete

Brackish water
16-07-08, 22:33
Geylang river will be fresh water in time to come....

how come people so ignorant....????? Part of the Master 2011 Plan.

Clover will also have fresh water...once the fresh water projects complete

Yucks.... bad fengshui

Passerby
16-07-08, 23:40
Yucks.... bad fengshui

I suppose you are refering to yourself... ;>

Brackish water
17-07-08, 00:12
I suppose you are refering to yourself... ;>

Nope... I was referring to you :p

dakota sucks.
17-07-08, 00:22
Dakota, will drop by 30% confirmed. wait for 4 mths.

dakota sucks big time
17-07-08, 00:28

No need to wait that long. August will already see no takers for the geylang condo

China mei mei
17-07-08, 00:37
Dakota is not the only one that sucks. ;)

Sage1234
17-07-08, 06:47

If that happens... prob STI at 1500 levels.

Sage1234
17-07-08, 06:49
No need to wait that long. August will already see no takers for the geylang condo

Eating sour grapes....

Unregistered123
17-07-08, 07:15
Eating sour grapes....

So you selling sour grapes then? ;)

Unregistered444
17-07-08, 11:18
So you selling sour grapes then? ;)

What is grapes huh? How much?

stamp
17-07-08, 12:22
any stamp duty rebate from developer?

dakota shines
17-07-08, 12:30
Dakota, will rise by 30% confirmed. wait for 4 mths.

Unreg¡stered
17-07-08, 12:32

Talk cock is free.

One says go down by 30%.
One says go up by 30%

Both talking cock.

Unregistered343
17-07-08, 14:11

If you are so smart then the world is perfect!

Unregistered343
17-07-08, 15:04

Madness
17-07-08, 17:11

Why pay so high for a condo with no tennis court? :doh:

Interested Buyer
17-07-08, 22:29
Why pay so high for a condo with no tennis court? :doh:

cannot have a cake and eat it too....

good location... city view for units facing south... mrt at the door step....

1000 psf... I think it is reasonable....

Imagine GardenVista also 99 LLH.... location not good... junction of main road.... asking 1300 psf!!!!!!

tennis court not ex
17-07-08, 23:03

what do you mean... it wouldn't cost the developer very much money to build and maintain a tennis court! but it will benefit the residents greatly. wonder why didn't they build one!

AgentKhoo
18-07-08, 00:11
what do you mean... it wouldn't cost the developer very much money to build and maintain a tennis court! but it will benefit the residents greatly. wonder why didn't they build one!

Utter lack of foresight is what I call it.

Better forget about this koyak project and move on. Why chose a geylang vicinity condo with no full condo facilities? ;)

Unregistered66
18-07-08, 00:26

Better forget about this koyak project and move on. Why chose a geylang vicinity condo with no full condo facilities? ;)

Hey...check this out

http://www.wharfresidence.com.sg/

No comparison
18-07-08, 00:58
Garden Vista is at Bukit Timah near Blackmore and MGS. Will get Blackmore MRT station on Downtown line. Dakota is near Geylang and will cater to the China mei mei market - near to Dakota MRT station - you will see lots of China mei mei loitering there in the future. Why are you comparing 2 very different things?

Imagine GardenVista also 99 LLH.... location not good... junction of main road.... asking 1300 psf!!!!!!

18-07-08, 05:22
Garden Vista is at Bukit Timah near Blackmore and MGS. Will get Blackmore MRT station on Downtown line. Dakota is near Geylang and will cater to the China mei mei market - near to Dakota MRT station - you will see lots of China mei mei loitering there in the future. Why are you comparing 2 very different things?

MRT - both have. DK have one immediately when TOP. Rental will be excellent. Near IRs... rental demand from expats will be there. Garden Vista... where got MRT immediately.... DK 5 min from CBD...Suntec City... Garden Vista how to compare????

Schools ? - DK got more good schools within 1 km - Dunman High, Kong Kwa. Tao Nan.

Views - Best units in DK will have citi view.... top floors may see part of the sea front. Garden Vista - see wat har? Noise at major road junction will be deafening... not forgetting... the sound from the trains passing by.

Residents - Dunno why people keep saying China Mei Mei around??? DK may be near Geylang... but it is not inside Geylang. You might have as well... say abt those landed houses besides DK.... you know how much one unit selling... in millions. You got see Mei Mei loitering there??? you really talk rubbish.

So > 1300psf for Garden Vista.... siao!!! last time first time launch only 700 psf.... 1300 psf is a rip off.

18-07-08, 05:26
Hey...check this out

http://www.wharfresidence.com.sg/

1600 psf. No tennis court??? what the world has come to.

Passerby
18-07-08, 06:04
By Foo Sze Ming
Wed, 16 Jul 2008, 10:12:22 SGT

URA released its June transaction data for private residential properties yesterday. Launches of non-landed properties jumped 149.3% MoM to 1,057 units in June, buoyed by the surge in mass market property launches in Rest of Central Region. Transaction volume for non-landed properties also surged and reached a high since September 2007. Demand for mass market projects remained healthy, with some of the newly-launched projects achieving over 60% take-up rate. Little activities were seen in the mid- and high-end market properties but pricing remained resilient in June. Approximately 72.8% of the transactions came from 8 new launches and older launches are seeing fewer transactions and we do not dismiss the possibility of developers lowering their selling prices if unsold inventories continue to build up. We reiterate our BUY recommendations for UOL with fair value of S$4.94 and Soilbuild with fair value of S$1.20.

Surge in launches and transaction volumes in June. URA released its June transaction data for private residential properties yesterday. Launches of non-landed properties (NLP) jumped 149.3% MoM to 1,057 units in June, buoyed by the surge in mass-market property projects in Rest of Central Region (RCR). NLP transaction volume also surged 90.4% MoM in June and reached a new high since September 2007. Although the take-up rate for units in Outside Central Region (OCR) fell to 65.4% in June, the take-up rate in RCR soared to 74.3%.

Take-up rate healthy for mass market projects. Significant mass-market projects launched in June include Clover by the Park (308 units in RCR), Dakota Residences (210 units in RCR) and Kovan Residences (100 units in OCR); they achieved take-up rates of 64.0%, 68.4% and 29.0%, respectively. We believe that such take-up rates are commendable under the current challenging market condition. This shows underlying strength in the mass-market segment.

Resilient pricing in mid market properties amidst thin volume. Other than Parc Sophia, there were no significant new launches in the mid- and high-end segments; take-up rate for Parc Sophia was also comparatively lower at 40.1%, possibly due to greater caution exercised by buyers for pricier projects. Other mid-market projects like Mount Sophia Suites and Parc Centennial are still seeing resilient pricing albeit amidst thin volume. In the luxury segment, Nassim Park Residence sold another 15 units in June and achieved a take-up rate of 77.1% for the 70 units launched so far.

Look out for building up of unsold inventories. We note that 72.8% of the June transactions came from eight new launches while older launches saw fewer transactions. We estimate that there is still some 2,720 of launched but unsold units from older projects and do not dismiss the possibility of developers lowering their selling prices if unsold inventories continue to build up. Also, developers may launch more projects ahead of the Chinese Lunar Seventh Month and also to take advantage of the improving sentiment and this may dampen pricing going forward.

Revisiting our recommendations. While the data points towards an improvement in the property market, underlying strength still largely lies in the mass-market segment. We reiterate our BUY recommendations for UOL with fair value of S$4.94 and Soilbuild with fair value of S$1.20 as the remaining of their residential development projects fall into the mid- to mass-market segment, which is still seeing resilient pricing and healthy take-ups so far.

AgentKhoo
18-07-08, 10:31
Dakota will have lots of prostitutes and foreign workers renting the units. Many squeeze 20 to 30 workers in each unit. It's ok to have no tennis court because chickens and banglas will not have the time or inclination to play tennis. :D

MRT - both have. DK have one immediately when TOP. Rental will be excellent. Near IRs... rental demand from expats will be there. Garden Vista... where got MRT immediately.... DK 5 min from CBD...Suntec City... Garden Vista how to compare????

Schools ? - DK got more good schools within 1 km - Dunman High, Kong Kwa. Tao Nan.

Views - Best units in DK will have citi view.... top floors may see part of the sea front. Garden Vista - see wat har? Noise at major road junction will be deafening... not forgetting... the sound from the trains passing by.

Residents - Dunno why people keep saying China Mei Mei around??? DK may be near Geylang... but it is not inside Geylang. You might have as well... say abt those landed houses besides DK.... you know how much one unit selling... in millions. You got see Mei Mei loitering there??? you really talk rubbish.

So > 1300psf for Garden Vista.... siao!!! last time first time launch only 700 psf.... 1300 psf is a rip off.

Unregistered20
18-07-08, 10:42
Sorry, kong kwa and tao nan are not good schools. It's not comparable to those in Bukit Timah. Even if i stay in the east, I wouldn't send my children there. Their English standard is very bad.

Actually I think a lot of Singaporeans are not thinking properly. Who will the casinos attract in SG? Obviously the target market is China, period. So well, what is the crowd at Dakota near Geylang? The China men at casinos who are looking for China mei mei at Dakota MRT station. The Bukit timah crowd is a different crowd though. So it's not comparable. It's a different target market. Those who love Dakota like yourself will not like Bukit Timah with the hills and nature reserves, and vice versa.

Draw a line from D14 to prime D10. And another line from D11/D21 to D10. Which is nearer to town? DK how to reach town in 5 minutes? It is on the worst line called Circle line that only gets you to other ulu areas. It will take you 45 min to reach Orchard Road via MRT, including waiting, walking and interchanging and more interchanging and than more waiting and than actual commuting time on the train.

I'm just trying to tell you that Geylang and Bukit Timah is just NOT comparable. It's like comparing Joo Chiat and Nassim. And conclude Nassim should only be sold at $600psf.

Unregistered9999
18-07-08, 11:08
210 units sold, wow...good take up rate, way to go! No need to argue, statistics speak volume.

Unregistered111
18-07-08, 13:27
If not for racism, buyers of Dakota would have much better options at a lower price and Freehold somemore. Loot at City Square - full facilities (even got bowling alley), next to a mega mall with cinema , next to a ready MRT station just 2 stops away from Orchard (not circle line), nearer to business district & orchard and most importanly FREEHOLD. Best part of it is it is the same price as Dakota in the sub-sale market.
Why ? Just because it is located at the edge of Little India, not realising in terms of convenience and value for money it is a much better deal than Dakota
Sometimes I am just amazed at the though process of buyers.

Chinese like chinese
18-07-08, 13:46
In al fairness, City Sq is already at the edge of Little India. It is further from Little India than Dakota to Geylang. As for racialism, Meyer is infested with Indians and still fetching good price. One Indian even bought an entire private road in Meyer and own all the properties on that road! But at the end of the day, I think most will prefer their own type, i.e. China mei mei and China men from casinos. I tink they could be right, the rentals from the China gamblers and mei meis can be quite good.

If not for racism, buyers of Dakota would have much better options at a lower price and Freehold somemore. Loot at City Square - full facilities (even got bowling alley), next to a mega mall with cinema , next to a ready MRT station just 2 stops away from Orchard (not circle line), nearer to business district & orchard and most importanly FREEHOLD. Best part of it is it is the same price as Dakota in the sub-sale market.
Why ? Just because it is located at the edge of Little India, not realising in terms of convenience and value for money it is a much better deal than Dakota
Sometimes I am just amazed at the though process of buyers.

The Rich
18-07-08, 15:11
Sorry, kong kwa and tao nan are not good schools. It's not comparable to those in Bukit Timah. Even if i stay in the east, I wouldn't send my children there. Their English standard is very bad.

Actually I think a lot of Singaporeans are not thinking properly. Who will the casinos attract in SG? Obviously the target market is China, period. So well, what is the crowd at Dakota near Geylang? The China men at casinos who are looking for China mei mei at Dakota MRT station. The Bukit timah crowd is a different crowd though. So it's not comparable. It's a different target market. Those who love Dakota like yourself will not like Bukit Timah with the hills and nature reserves, and vice versa.

Draw a line from D14 to prime D10. And another line from D11/D21 to D10. Which is nearer to town? DK how to reach town in 5 minutes? It is on the worst line called Circle line that only gets you to other ulu areas. It will take you 45 min to reach Orchard Road via MRT, including waiting, walking and interchanging and more interchanging and than more waiting and than actual commuting time on the train.

I'm just trying to tell you that Geylang and Bukit Timah is just NOT comparable. It's like comparing Joo Chiat and Nassim. And conclude Nassim should only be sold at $600psf.
you talk like some rich idiot who looks down on even city-fringe areas. luckily you did not buy DK. i'm sure DK residents will not want you as their neighbour.

Unregistered9999
18-07-08, 15:42
anyone knows the unit height of dakota residences?

Interested Buyer
18-07-08, 18:59
you talk like some rich idiot who looks down on even city-fringe areas. luckily you did not buy DK. i'm sure DK residents will not want you as their neighbour.

Yah mann... simply sour grapes... poor man is like that one. Always thinking how come the rich becomes richer by the day

Jack
18-07-08, 19:46

Aiyo... believe most of residents have cars.... hey once I saw a Lambo at the showroom.... BMWs and Mercs aplenty. And they are not the Ho Bee's executives or the agents....

Tan Nan is a SAP school.... Kong Hwa too. They are not bad... Dunman High is among the top 3 Sec school in Singapore based on results.

Again on DK. DK has very good location... really at the cross roads of everything and very centralised... the Marina Bay Golf course is within 5 min drive... suntec ..5 min drive. Opposite the road... 5 to 10 min...you have the famous Old Airport Hawker Center.... NTUC is there also.... it's quite convenient.

DK is not 100% without flaws... but for 1000 psf. I think there is upside potential. When it TOP... I believe it should fetch around 1300 to 1400 psf.

Of course... having a bukit timah address is great.... there are good schools too. I will buy one there if I have the money... but with 1000 psf... and to find a condo with a good location... DK is a value buy.

Passerby
18-07-08, 19:49
210 units sold, wow...good take up rate, way to go! No need to argue, statistics speak volume.

210!!!!!! wow!

Passerby
18-07-08, 19:51

Do you advocate Livia or Clover?

Unregistered21
18-07-08, 21:36
1300-1400psf is very hard to achieve in this Geylang, unless the China men gamblers gamble very big and overnight make a lot of money. The main worry of Dakota is how to clean itself from the dirty image? If you go to Paya Lebar MRT toilet, you'll notice it's the dirtiest toilets ever with the China mei mei all doing their make up there and squatting on the toilet bowl. These China mei mei will most definitely move wholesale to Dakota station and the vicinity when the station is ready since the station is much nearer to Geylang. Imagine your wife or daugter alight at this station. The first thing that comes to people's mind is they are prostitutes. The dirty old men will also loiter there. The environment is just too complicated - not good for a home. Investment wise, the China mei mei and gamblers might give good rental but may disappear overnight if they lose money at casino. The whole Geylang area has already become a mini-China with so many Chinese steamboats around. It would be worse with the IR.

And from what I know, this place got very few parking lots - 1 lot per unit. This is one of those things that will piss off the rich people with many cars. It's meant to attract people WITHOUT cars.

Aiyo... believe most of residents have cars.... hey once I saw a Lambo at the showroom.... BMWs and Mercs aplenty. And they are not the Ho Bee's executives or the agents....

Tan Nan is a SAP school.... Kong Hwa too. They are not bad... Dunman High is among the top 3 Sec school in Singapore based on results.

Again on DK. DK has very good location... really at the cross roads of everything and very centralised... the Marina Bay Golf course is within 5 min drive... suntec ..5 min drive. Opposite the road... 5 to 10 min...you have the famous Old Airport Hawker Center.... NTUC is there also.... it's quite convenient.

DK is not 100% without flaws... but for 1000 psf. I think there is upside potential. When it TOP... I believe it should fetch around 1300 to 1400 psf.

Of course... having a bukit timah address is great.... there are good schools too. I will buy one there if I have the money... but with 1000 psf... and to find a condo with a good location... DK is a value buy.

junk
18-07-08, 21:46

Agent talking rubbish. if after 5 years still can sell at $600psf considered fantastic already. Sucks@!

Passerby
18-07-08, 21:47
1300-1400psf is very hard to achieve in this Geylang, unless the China men gamblers gamble very big and overnight make a lot of money. The main worry of Dakota is how to clean itself from the dirty image? If you go to Paya Lebar MRT toilet, you'll notice it's the dirtiest toilets ever with the China mei mei all doing their make up there and squatting on the toilet bowl. These China mei mei will most definitely move wholesale to Dakota station and the vicinity when the station is ready since the station is much nearer to Geylang. Imagine your wife or daugter alight at this station. The first thing that comes to people's mind is they are prostitutes. The dirty old men will also loiter there. The environment is just too complicated - not good for a home. Investment wise, the China mei mei and gamblers might give good rental but may disappear overnight if they lose money at casino. The whole Geylang area has already become a mini-China with so many Chinese steamboats around. It would be worse with the IR.

And from what I know, this place got very few parking lots - 1 lot per unit. This is one of those things that will piss off the rich people with many cars. It's meant to attract people WITHOUT cars.

aiyo... now condos.... 1 car lot for 1 unit.

Jack
18-07-08, 21:52
Agent talking rubbish. if after 5 years still can sell at $600psf considered fantastic already. Sucks@!

600 psf? Aiyo... you should be jobless by then... s"pore in recession

AgentKhoo
18-07-08, 22:20
Do you advocate Livia or Clover?

Waterfront, Livia, Clover are actually all better than DR. Why you keep calling it DK DK DK. DK higher class sounding than DR meh? If you use the acronyms correctly.... it should be DR. Excuse me for a sec while I run out of the DR showroom to get my fix from my favourite china mei mei :D

AgentKhoo
18-07-08, 22:22
600 psf? Aiyo... you should be jobless by then... s"pore in recession

Don't be ridiculous. 600psf is perfectly alright for a condo without full facilities. Plus 99LH type some more. Plus in lousy location near smelly longkang and within the red light vicinity with china mei mei and banglas. :doh:

AgentKhoo
18-07-08, 23:55
aiyo... now condos.... 1 car lot for 1 unit.
Quite true too. Actually I think Dakota Residences is not too bad. Dakota is quite a far walk to the Geylang Lorongs. Pros would more likely get there from the Aljunied MRT station as that is nearer for them. Too bad about the lack of tennis courts but most people staying in condos don't really book them so still OK.

If you have seen the area where DR is, you would know that it is actually quite near the exclusive private landed housing estate of Katong and Mountbatten where many of the Old Rich stay. Geylang is much further away and cannot be seen from DR. I bet most of those people who bought could be young couples who want to stay near their parents/in-laws living in the private houses at the Katong/Mountbatten district nearby.

AgentKhoo
19-07-08, 00:02

Agreed. The location being so near to the city is like a goldmine considering most young couples could only afford to buy their first homes in suburban areas like Sengkang, Punggol, Yishun, Sembawang etc. MRT to Suntec and Marina Bay is just 3-4 stops away!! DR buyers are lucky I would say but just be careful not to overpay for this project (or any project) considering the economy might head south next year.

AgentKhoo
19-07-08, 00:18
Having said that, I must caution that while agents must always put in a good word for any project, I myself would think thrice about buying a unit at Dakota Residences. First of all, it is not an investment grade condo for the savvy investor. i.e. for investment grade properties, one would look at D9, D10, D11, and D15 as a last resort. It is also extremely unlikely for investment grade properties to appear in D14 (at last count, none). Thus, Dakota Residences is actually a HDB heartlander's upgrader type of condo. If one is able to put up with the antics of the upgrader, then one is more than welcome to buy more units at this project.

Secondly, it is rather unfortunate that the developer chose not to include a tennis court, as the inclusion of the tennis court would no doubt up the prestige of the project. I do hear rumblings at the showrooms about how the developer can spend so much on full page adverts and yet scrimp on the tennis court feature. Well, my take is the developers know their bottom line better than us.

Actually, the quality of tenants are chosen by the owners themselves. So if you have one owner who has no qualms about renting to the pros, then that's it for the entire project, as the returns are much more lucrative than if you rent to a bona fide family type of tenants. The latter would not be able to pay as much as these pros.

Good night! :)

Geylang
19-07-08, 13:13
That is so true. I for one know of people who buy the place who have NO INTENTION of staying there. They just want to capitalise on the casinos effect on the prostitution and China gamblers market. An investor will not care what hanky panky gets inside his unit. So, this is NOT an "atas" place as some people keep mentioning. It is 5 min walk to Geylang, which the developers have purposely left out in it brochures. It faces Geylang river. People are in denial and say it's far. The old rich in say Tanglin, Bukit Timah etc. do not buy 99 years property for their future generations. if they buy 99LH, it is for investment, e.g. rental yields. For owner occupiers, its best to look for wholesome units with higher % of owner occupier. Some of the houses in Telok Kurau are actually rented to the Chinese prostitues already. I'm almost certain the people who choose to rent here will NOT be the wholesome family type. They will be those who pay a premium to be near Geylang, so that they don't have to pay the rental of hotels etc. every night for the activities.

Having said that, I must caution that while agents must always put in a good word for any project, I myself would think thrice about buying a unit at Dakota Residences. First of all, it is not an investment grade condo for the savvy investor. i.e. for investment grade properties, one would look at D9, D10, D11, and D15 as a last resort. It is also extremely unlikely for investment grade properties to appear in D14 (at last count, none). Thus, Dakota Residences is actually a HDB heartlander's upgrader type of condo. If one is able to put up with the antics of the upgrader, then one is more than welcome to buy more units at this project.

Secondly, it is rather unfortunate that the developer chose not to include a tennis court, as the inclusion of the tennis court would no doubt up the prestige of the project. I do hear rumblings at the showrooms about how the developer can spend so much on full page adverts and yet scrimp on the tennis court feature. Well, my take is the developers know their bottom line better than us.

Actually, the quality of tenants are chosen by the owners themselves. So if you have one owner who has no qualms about renting to the pros, then that's it for the entire project, as the returns are much more lucrative than if you rent to a bona fide family type of tenants. The latter would not be able to pay as much as these pros.

Good night! :)

Onlooker
19-07-08, 16:24
Secondary Gifted Education Programme (GEP) and School-Based Gifted Education (SBGE) Programme
School Nature of School
Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) Boys
Dunman High School* Co-ed
Hwa Chong Institution Boys
Nanyang Girls’ High School* Girls
Raffles Girls’ School (Secondary) Girls
Raffles Institution Boys
NUS High School of Mathematics and Science Co-ed

* Special Assistance Plan (SAP) Schools which offer only Chinese Language as Mother Tongue.

Dakota crap
19-07-08, 20:26
Agreed. The location being so near to the city is like a goldmine considering most young couples could only afford to buy their first homes in suburban areas like Sengkang, Punggol, Yishun, Sembawang etc. MRT to Suntec and Marina Bay is just 3-4 stops away!! DR buyers are lucky I would say but just be careful not to overpay for this project (or any project) considering the economy might head south next year.
Pls lah... Spore going into technical recession at Q4, I will wait for D9,10,11 to reach $800psf then i start to buy, Crap Dakota only worth $400psf. Same price as geylang.

Passerby
19-07-08, 21:25
Pls lah... Spore going into technical recession at Q4, I will wait for D9,10,11 to reach $800psf then i start to buy, Crap Dakota only worth $400psf. Same price as geylang.

If that happens.... D9,D10, D11.... you are likely out of job... how cheap... also cannot buy.

Passerby
19-07-08, 21:36

Today AMK Design and Build HDB flat launch at 500 psf... high floors... likely 550 psf range. What will happen to it, if S'pore goes into technical recession?

If D9,D10, D11 at 800 psf... think HDB only 100 psf or cheaper. Asset rich S'poreans will really suffer. Govt will not let it happen.

Passerby
19-07-08, 21:39

The MRT close to Geylang is Aljunied or Paya Lebar. Won't be DR station or mountatten

Sin City
19-07-08, 23:08
It is nearer to some lorongs - Look at the map - within walking distance to Geylang. Activities are rampant in almost all lorongs now. Dakota is the strategic gateway to both Geylang and Joo Chiat. Very strategic indeed - the most strategic spot for "sin city".

The MRT close to Geylang is Aljunied or Paya Lebar. Won't be DR station or mountatten

AgentKhoo
19-07-08, 23:20
It is nearer to some lorongs - Look at the map - within walking distance to Geylang. Activities are rampant in almost all lorongs now. Dakota is the strategic gateway to both Geylang and Joo Chiat. Very strategic indeed - the most strategic spot for "sin city".

You are so right. Dakota is definitely within striking distance of humping the china mei mei. 5 minutes tops.

China mei mei
19-07-08, 23:23
Don't you cheeky ah peks have anything better to do rather than just hanging around Dakota all day?

Geylang OKT
20-07-08, 07:49
Hello China mei mei! You better get more customers from Dakota or else I beat you up ahhh....

Geylang Agent
20-07-08, 08:14
Both of you jokers pipe down! I need to move these units at the showflat so please keep out of sight! :mad:

use your brain
20-07-08, 19:57
Today AMK Design and Build HDB flat launch at 500 psf... high floors... likely 550 psf range. What will happen to it, if S'pore goes into technical recession?

If D9,D10, D11 at 800 psf... think HDB only 100 psf or cheaper. Asset rich S'poreans will really suffer. Govt will not let it happen.

Pls lah our fxxking stupid GIC pour so much money into buying the stupid US banks and lost so much money, what makes you think our GOV is smarter than the world? You think our pimple on the globe can prevent inflation, stagflation and global recession? Haha, stupid IR cannot even compare to australias casinos. We are entering into a technical recession on the 4th quater and your idiots still so bullisH? haha, get ready to burn!

Passerby
20-07-08, 20:45
Pls lah our fxxking stupid GIC pour so much money into buying the stupid US banks and lost so much money, what makes you think our GOV is smarter than the world? You think our pimple on the globe can prevent inflation, stagflation and global recession? Haha, stupid IR cannot even compare to australias casinos. We are entering into a technical recession on the 4th quater and your idiots still so bullisH? haha, get ready to burn!

I beg to differ. Think prices across S'pore will rise after Q3/4. Building cost are up... no way... prices can come down. Unless developers are prepared to make losses. However, high end condo prices might see a correction as the price gap between high end and mid tier is too great

China mei mei
20-07-08, 20:47
I just open for business. 1st dakota buyer who is my customer tonight gets 50% discount. Quick! quick! :D

underhandedagent
20-07-08, 21:35
To you agent, please do not create any more new username just to bash this project in the hope to divert potential buyers! Your $$ motive is clear to all! Please leave this thread alone, your arguement is cheap! 210 units sold ! way to go!

underhandedagent
20-07-08, 21:38
just tell me which condo launch you are representing, i will get my rich friends to do a bulk purchase to satisfy your desperate $$$ appetiite and you dont have to resort to such cheap trick like china mei mei

Passerby
20-07-08, 21:39
Wow... dakota agents begging for mercy. :doh:

To you agent, please do not create any more new username just to bash this project in the hope to divert potential buyers! Your $$ motive is clear to all! Please leave this thread alone, your arguement is cheap! 210 units sold ! way to go!

underhandedagent
20-07-08, 21:41
Wow... dakota agents begging for mercy. :doh:
hello, which developer paid you to do such dirty job? your underhanded motive is clear to everyone with sound mind.

Passerby
20-07-08, 21:45
hello, which developer paid you to do such dirty job? your underhanded motive is clear to everyone with sound mind.

Don't get angry. If your project is really good, nobody can talk it down. Similarly, if the project is crap and full of china mei mei, paying for many full page advertisements also cannot make it. Better for the developer to help the suckers by giving cash discounts instead of splurging so much on adverts.

technical recession
20-07-08, 21:47
Don't get angry. If your project is really good, nobody can talk it down. Similarly, if the project is crap and full of china mei mei, paying for many full page advertisements also cannot make it. Better for the developer to help the suckers by giving cash discounts instead of splurging so much on adverts.
Haha, the technical recession on Q4 will make this agent jobless, i guess that is why he/she is so defensive.

Geylang OKT
20-07-08, 21:51
Has my china mei mei been running to the showroom again? Quickly tell them to cum back across the road. Tonighy many customers queuing.

AgentKhoo
20-07-08, 21:55
Everyone wants to talk down this project.

But sales remain strong.

Passerby
20-07-08, 21:56

The strong sales no. speak for herself.

China mei mei
20-07-08, 21:57

But sales remain strong.

Don't put the blame on me. I just work for a living :D

underhandedagent
20-07-08, 21:59

But sales remain strong.

not everyone, there's one and only nutcase who keeps mumbling china mei mei *L*

Undecided buyer
20-07-08, 22:00

Makes sense. But I don't like facing the muddy river. Dunno whether got smell or not. Lousy feng shui. Also no tennis court and too near the red light area for my family's comfort. My wife and children will be totally distressed by the colorful nightlife surroundings, although I myself don't mind at all. :)

AgentKhoo
20-07-08, 22:01

But sales remain strong.

You must be kidding right? :tongue1:

Passerby
20-07-08, 22:02
Makes sense. But I don't like facing the muddy river. Dunno whether got smell or not. Lousy feng shui. Also no tennis court and too near the red light area for my family's comfort. My wife and children will be totally distressed by the colorful nightlife surroundings, although I myself don't mind at all. :)

Take heart! You are just paying $980psf for this 99yr leasehold property :doh:

underhandedagent
20-07-08, 22:04
guess you better see a doctor for your split personalities...looks quite serious to me, your hard earned commission may not be enough to cover your medical fee. sad for you. *L*

China mei mei
20-07-08, 22:07
guess you better see a doctor for your split personalities...looks quite serious to me, your hard earned commission may not be enough to cover your medical fee. sad for you. *L*

Hello there! Don't work so hard at your showroom when there is nobody there at all! Come and visit me... I am just across the road. :D

AgentKhoo
20-07-08, 22:11
Haha, the technical recession on Q4 will make this agent jobless, i guess that is why he/she is so defensive.

Usually when these agents lose their cool, it can only mean one thing... that sales are not good.

AgentKhoo
20-07-08, 22:15
Usually when these agents lose their cool, it can only mean one thing... that sales are not good.

Sales too good. I'm getting mad

AgentKhoo
20-07-08, 22:20
Sales too good. I'm getting mad

I am not only getting mad, I am getting delirious too. The take up rate is going lower and lower week by week and here I am saying sales too good.

Nobody in the right minds would buy a hdb type of design for a 99yr leasehold condo with NO full facilities (no tennis court) facing the muddy geylang longkang in the red light vicinity at above $980 per square foot, no matter how near the city.

Anti Vice squad
20-07-08, 22:33
Don't worry about the china mei mei. We have very regular raids in this area. Very safe.

Unregistered34
20-07-08, 23:00
What raids? Sometimes accidentally raid my daughter because she dresses ***ily sometimes! Govt also promoting vice like gambling already, Your efforts are futile. Dakota shall be the vice condo. Imagine hookers abound every 5 steps, coaches fetching the gamblers here to visit the durian stalls and China mei mei as part of tour package. It's huat time at Dakota, Geylang and Joo Chiat!

Don't worry about the china mei mei. We have very regular raids in this area. Very safe.

AK47
20-07-08, 23:16
One thing for sure.

It has already attracted a poorer class of posters less found in other project threads.

Dakota agent
20-07-08, 23:18
One thing for sure.

It has already attracted a poorer class of posters less found in other project threads.

What do you expect? Lousy project, poorer class of owners lor... nevermind... but got ***y tenants! :D

China mei mei
20-07-08, 23:20
What raids? Sometimes accidentally raid my daughter because she dresses ***ily sometimes! Govt also promoting vice like gambling already, Your efforts are futile. Dakota shall be the vice condo. Imagine hookers abound every 5 steps, coaches fetching the gamblers here to visit the durian stalls and China mei mei as part of tour package. It's huat time at Dakota, Geylang and Joo Chiat!

Big brother! Where can print name card? I think with Dakota, we can expand our business.

Potential buyer
21-07-08, 07:29

I certainly hope so!

Nanana
21-07-08, 09:23
One thing for sure.

That's true...and I wonder why these agents have nothing better to do.

Carmen
21-07-08, 09:26
That's true...and I wonder why these agents have nothing better to do.

Agreed. Most of these threads are populated by agents. You can tell that the dakota agents are very desperate to sell their units.

Unreg¡stered
21-07-08, 16:01
Talking cock again!

Technical recession means 2 consecutive quarters of down.
Q2 is low so Q3 will be higher than Q2.
How to enter into a technical recession in Q4?
Even if Q4 is down, it is only 1 Q.

China mei mei
21-07-08, 17:09
Don't fight! Come over and enjoy :D

Anti Vice squad
21-07-08, 19:06
Tonight we are conducting raid again. Better make sure your lookouts are alert hor.

AK48
21-07-08, 19:30
One thing for sure.

:banana: :tongue-fingers:

AgentKhoo
21-07-08, 21:04
One thing for sure.

Sure sure sure.... people like me.... poor loser ... haha

AgentKhoo
21-07-08, 21:04
I am not only getting mad, I am getting delirious too. The take up rate is going lower and lower week by week and here I am saying sales too good.

Nobody in the right minds would buy a hdb type of design for a 99yr leasehold condo with NO full facilities (no tennis court) facing the muddy geylang longkang in the red light vicinity at above $980 per square foot, no matter how near the city.

Kovan sold none over weekend

Unregistered123
21-07-08, 21:24
Kovan sold none over weekend

Hello... so are you Kovan or Dakota agent? Forget about Dakota... it will move very, very slowly... nobody likes a project facing a big drain in a red light area with no tennis court and somemore so expensive $980psf for a 99yr leasehold condo with hdb like interiors :eek:

AgentKhoo
21-07-08, 21:31
Hello... so are you Kovan or Dakota agent? Forget about Dakota... it will move very, very slowly... nobody likes a project facing a big drain in a red light area with no tennis court and somemore so expensive $980psf for a 99yr leasehold condo with hdb like interiors :eek:

You sabo king :asshole:

AgentKhoo
21-07-08, 21:32

Kovan sold none on Sat despite more than 1,000 customers turnout.

AgentKhoo
21-07-08, 21:35
Clover is BEST BUY!

LIMITED UNITS... HURRY SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE BEFORE THE UNIT IS BEING SNAPPED UP.

China mei mei
21-07-08, 21:36
Kovan sold none on Sat despite more than 1,000 customers turnout.

Time for me to open shop again :hornybastard:

Clover agent
21-07-08, 21:37
Clover is BEST BUY!

LIMITED UNITS... HURRY SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE BEFORE THE UNIT IS BEING SNAPPED UP.

Thanks for the free advert! :D

Too bad I cannot say the same for your dakota project :banana:

AGENTKhoo
21-07-08, 21:38
Buddy... rem me?

It's me la

AgentKhoo
21-07-08, 21:39
Thanks for the free advert! :D

Too bad I cannot say the same for your dakota project :banana:

Clover is good. Best buy.

Seow
21-07-08, 21:39
There are many clown agents... or is it agent clowns.... in this dakota thread :rolleyes:

AgentKhoo
21-07-08, 21:41
Clover clover... best unit. face greenery... near catholic high....

go buy.... selling out fast.

Geylang Agent
21-07-08, 21:43
Livia is better... cheaper somemore.

China mei mei
21-07-08, 21:43
Clover clover... best unit. face greenery... near catholic high....

go buy.... selling out fast.

I would like to rent Clover too! Is it near to geylang? :D

Geylang OKT
21-07-08, 21:44
Livia is better... cheaper somemore.

Aha... but Livia got not china mei mei. Dakota got! :D

AgentKhoo
21-07-08, 21:44
I would like to rent Clover too! Is it near to geylang? :D

you can't afford one...... clover only for saints.... cos only holy ground