PDA

View Full Version : Boon Keng or Balestier?

noobnoob
25-08-17, 21:07
Hi I am a Noobie here. Wondering if any of you can give your views on which area is better for long term investment between these 2 area in D12.
Boon Keng or Balestier (assuming around the same price)?

proud owner
25-08-17, 21:48
prefer Boon keng

'newer' estate
fewer condos
wider roads
more space for future development

balestier
too crowded
traffic issue
too competitive when it comes to renting out

jwong71
25-08-17, 23:47
Boon Keng area with a stretch of mrt station

Balestier no mrt.

noobnoob
26-08-17, 00:20
Boon Keng area with a stretch of mrt station

Balestier no mrt.

Balestier can access both Novena and Boon Keng mrt though

tonymontana
26-08-17, 10:57
between the two i'd go for boonkeng.
balestier has a slightly dodgy feel and a lot of "foreign talents".
however the balestier on the side of the new hospital ie minbu road side, is much better than the shaw plaza side.
the reason why you are intrigued by balestier is probably because you found a number of units there which fit your budget. beware that this could also mean there are lot of units looking for buyer.
for investment purpose ie rental, i actually do think balestier condo like prestige height is not bad, at least yield wise. a unit sold for 460k recently true fire sale. rental 1800. so really not bad in terms of rental.

jwong71
26-08-17, 13:53
between the two i'd go for boonkeng.
balestier has a slightly dodgy feel and a lot of "foreign talents".
however the balestier on the side of the new hospital ie minbu road side, is much better than the shaw plaza side.
the reason why you are intrigued by balestier is probably because you found a number of units there which fit your budget. beware that this could also mean there are lot of units looking for buyer.
for investment purpose ie rental, i actually do think balestier condo like prestige height is not bad, at least yield wise. a unit sold for 460k recently true fire sale. rental 1800. so really not bad in terms of rental.

Uhmm there's an unit #09-04, sold 502k to my relatives. However the owner bankruptcy and been giving problems. They have yet to collect the keys despite months. Caveats lodges however

jwong71
26-08-17, 13:55
Balestier can access both Novena and Boon Keng mrt though

Balestier is big, if far from novena mrt. The walk cant be a breeze compare to boon keng

teddybear
26-08-17, 16:03
Boon Keng? Mmm, this is like part of Little India?
Traffic is also bad, especially during Indian's festivals and holidays.
More space for future development means resale properties have less value?
And no Freehold, mostly (if not all 99-years leasehold)?

prefer Boon keng

'newer' estate
fewer condos
wider roads
more space for future development

balestier
too crowded
traffic issue
too competitive when it comes to renting out

tonymontana
26-08-17, 16:09
Uhmm there's an unit #xxxx, sold 502k to my relatives. However the owner bankruptcy and been giving problems. They have yet to collect the keys despite months. Caveats lodges however

Yes, i think i ever spoken to her (the owner.) leaseback deal, right? the 460k one is a higher floor much nicer. but owner rushing to sell, request cash deal.

jwong71
26-08-17, 16:52
Boon Keng? Mmm, this is like part of Little India?
Traffic is also bad, especially during Indian's festivals and holidays.
More space for future development means resale properties have less value?
And no Freehold, mostly (if not all 99-years leasehold)?
Nope. It further up wards. In between potong pasir and boon keng mrt. Most 999ys and freehold especially st Michael area.

jwong71
26-08-17, 16:53
Yes, i think i ever spoken to her (the owner.) leaseback deal, right? the 460k one is a higher floor much nicer. but owner rushing to sell, request cash deal.
Yes leaseback deal and she's a problematic seller. More than 3-4 months ago deal concluded

xtreme_46
27-08-17, 02:19
wah 460k really firesale and quite good deal given the rental hovering around 1.8k to 2k
460k the price still got room to go up