PDA

View Full Version : Stress and lost

yowetan
08-08-17, 12:59
Been on the look out for few months for job and have not found any. Feel jaded, confuse and upset with myself for not enterprising to create value in me in current job market. I am still servicing housing loan for my HDB flat and thinking how to break out of the dire situation now. Feel helpless, distress and listless.

kellogs
08-08-17, 13:01
List out all properties value and loan ...

might want to cut loss?

yowetan
08-08-17, 13:06
List out all properties value and loan ...

might want to cut loss?

I dun have any more. Just have a 4rm HDB flat. Been struggling with mixed feeling and thoughts. Wondering what can/should I do to improve the situation. The stress level is mounting and gradually building up. Really wanted so much to fix that knot inside my heart.

TravieJackie
08-08-17, 13:10
Do you have a family to support and is your flat eligible for room rental? If so, why not rent one room out to ease your finances?

yowetan
08-08-17, 13:19
Do you have a family to support and is your flat eligible for room rental? If so, why not rent one room out to ease your finances?

Well...I can repeat again on my family members structure and please dun label me as troll.

2 parents
2 parents in law
1 brother in law
1 dog
1 wife
2 kids

Now we all squeeze inside 4 rm HDB flat after my failed plan and job loss. In fact, both my wife and myself lost our jobs. Not easy and how I wish I could just let off that pressure.

Kelonguni
08-08-17, 13:20
I dun have any more. Just have a 4rm HDB flat. Been struggling with mixed feeling and thoughts. Wondering what can/should I do to improve the situation. The stress level is mounting and gradually building up. Really wanted so much to fix that knot inside my heart.

What happened to your parent and in law place?

Kelonguni
08-08-17, 13:21

yowetan
08-08-17, 13:23

We sold and invest into the landed in Mt Sinai; and I kinda flop because unexpected crisis in my employment and other reason(s).

Laguna
08-08-17, 13:23
what happened to your parent and parent-in-law HDB flats? You sold all for the 3 HDB (including yours) for you Mount Sinai dream landed property?

Drive Uber / Grab first

yowetan
08-08-17, 13:29
what happened to your parent and parent-in-law HDB flats? You sold all for the 3 HDB (including yours) for you Mount Sinai dream landed property?

Drive Uber / Grab first

Yes, I sold my parent's and in-law HDB to finance the landed. Totally lost it when employment crisis came last year. Have sold our car and downgraded immediately to cut losses. However immediate challenge on the table has to be address which is my family expenses and the challenge to get both my wife and myself to regain employment to get it up and going again.

The stress is there and I am calibrating myself to cope with the mounting stress.

Kelonguni
08-08-17, 13:34
We sold and invest into the landed in Mt Sinai; and I kinda flop because unexpected crisis in my employment and other reason(s).

But you only earned below 3k right? Uber / Grab easily will earn above 3K leh...

Kelonguni
08-08-17, 13:37
Quickly sell the landed and buy some resale Maisonette to stabilise.

MM Lovers
08-08-17, 13:39
Yes, I sold my parent's and in-law HDB to finance the landed. Totally lost it when employment crisis came last year. Have sold our car and downgraded immediately to cut losses. However immediate challenge on the table has to be address which is my family expenses and the challenge to get both my wife and myself to regain employment to get it up and going again.

The stress is there and I am calibrating myself to cope with the mounting stress.

If you sold the landed and bought a 4 room flat, there should be some money left? Go WDA for help.

indomie
08-08-17, 13:44
Maybe try one of the following:
1. Uber/taxi driver
2. Real estate agent
3. Sell online
4. Apply for jobs overseas
5. Get any lower pay job
6. Become a youtuber
7. Rent your room on airbnb
8. Join political party
9. Join religious organization
10. Join gang

anythingwhatever
08-08-17, 13:51
Quickly sell the landed and buy some resale Maisonette to stabilise.

Yeah, why not sell the Landed?

Is it still within the 4-year SSD period?

Is it currently being rented out for income?

Kelonguni
08-08-17, 14:01
Wahaha two thumbs up!

Maybe try one of the following:
1. Uber/taxi driver
2. Real estate agent
3. Sell online
4. Apply for jobs overseas
5. Get any lower pay job
6. Become a youtuber
7. Rent your room on airbnb
8. Join political party
9. Join religious organization
10. Join gang

kellogs
08-08-17, 14:27
Are you still holding on your landed?

I think you should sell it away ... based on your previous threads it appear you have raised 2.15m by selling 3 x HDBs and 1 apartment ...

As what other forumers here mentioned, drive uber/grab might be a good start while looking for other job.

Your brother in law still has job right? you mentioned it was 3K?

Laguna
08-08-17, 14:31
Definitely, he is not holding his landed, unless he used other's name to buy HDB

new2mondrian
08-08-17, 15:38
Well...I can repeat again on my family members structure and please dun label me as troll.

2 parents
2 parents in law
1 brother in law
1 dog
1 wife
2 kids

Now we all squeeze inside 4 rm HDB flat after my failed plan and job loss. In fact, both my wife and myself lost our jobs. Not easy and how I wish I could just let off that pressure.

Be a Uber/Grab driver, or go sign up with HDT taxi and earn a fixed income of $1900 per month. Get a CEA license and operate as a housing agent as a sideline. Wife can also go out to work. Register with WDA job bank. Accept whatever jobs out there to make sure family finances can balance.

Lastly, don't waste internet charges and your time by checking in this forum. Time is money. Go work for it, and good luck.

Laguna
08-08-17, 16:02
In fact, YoweTan is rarely in this forum already. He used to be very active.

He needs to move on, a person can be down but not OUT

gentlemanofleisure
08-08-17, 18:42
Some grab / uber drivers i met can earn up to 5k a month. Working 10 hours a day.
Another way is to have 2 drivers sharing the same licence / car to maximize the compensation.

Arcachon
08-08-17, 19:39
I can only pray for you to find your next job.

I always prepare for the day to be jobless although they pay me peanut.

anythingwhatever
08-08-17, 19:55

2 parents
2 parents in law
1 brother in law
1 dog
1 wife
2 kids

Better don't put everything in one basket including properties and families... Diversification is key.

Arcachon
08-08-17, 19:57
Better don't put everything in one basket including properties and humans... Diversify.

Too late, now is the corrective action to be taken immediately.

The first to go is the Dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RaJRv7K5Yk

Kelonguni
08-08-17, 20:23
Better don't put everything in one basket including properties and families... Diversification is key.

Actually I warned him before. People trying to buy more HDBs and / or units of private housing. Even those trying to buy single units buy dual key or tri key to split the units but he is the only joker to reduce units to 1.

Now govt regulations max 6 unrelated persons he also kenna, want to rent also cannot.

From more units reduce is easy. From 1 unit increase more is very very difficult, and reduce to 0 means homeless...

Never listen...

azeoprop
08-08-17, 20:53

2 parents
2 parents in law
1 brother in law
1 dog
1 wife
2 kids

Your parents and parents in law may be eligible for the highly subsidized hdb rental flats. You can move in with them and rent out your 4 room for some income. In the meantime get whatever job you can find.

Hang in there, happiness will be back again. Ganbatte Kudasai! :encouragement:

new2mondrian
08-08-17, 21:12
Wife can apply to be a school canteen vendor. Rental is cheap, and startup cost is low. Working hours will largely follow school + CCA hours (can get home by 5pm), so can tend to the kids.

https://schadmsvc.moe.gov.sg/moescas/

Yowetan can explore the following :

1) be a Uber/Grab driver cum housing agent (monetise his hours listening to property chatter on this forum)

2) double up as Deliveroo despatch during office lunch hours. $9 per food delivery, so getting at least 5 deliveries per day between 1130-2pm lunch peak ard cbd is very possible. He doesn't even need a car for this. A bicycle around Raffles Place can be even cheaper (no erp) and faster.

Combined earnings of $6k-$7k per month with husband and wife clocking the hours and working hard is possible. Get the income flowing, and don't dwell on past mistakes. There are many different opportunities and pathways in Singapore.

tonymontana
08-08-17, 21:47

whoa what happened here? long time never see your post suddenly like that.

your mt sinai you had paid up equity of 2m from your 3x HDB previously, the landed property price crashed or what? I don't recall past few years mt sinai landed crashed?
so if you can't repay the outstanding loan and house repossessed, you should still have balance equity from the sale.

for sure, the dog definitely need to be put up for adoption .

anyway best of luck, hope things turn around soon.

anythingwhatever
08-08-17, 22:19
Wife can apply to be a school canteen vendor. Rental is cheap, and startup cost is low. Working hours will largely follow school + CCA hours (can get home by 5pm), so can tend to the kids.

https://schadmsvc.moe.gov.sg/moescas/

Yowetan can explore the following :

1) be a Uber/Grab driver cum housing agent (monetise his hours listening to property chatter on this forum)

2) double up as Deliveroo despatch during office lunch hours. $9 per food delivery, so getting at least 5 deliveries per day between 1130-2pm lunch peak ard cbd is very possible. He doesn't even need a car for this. A bicycle around Raffles Place can be even cheaper (no erp) and faster.

Combined earnings of $6k-$7k per month with husband and wife clocking the hours and working hard is possible. Get the income flowing, and don't dwell on past mistakes. There are many different opportunities and pathways in Singapore.

Sound Advice.

E-Scooters should do the job.

anythingwhatever
08-08-17, 22:21
Your parents and parents in law may be eligible for the highly subsidized hdb rental flats. You can move in with them and rent out your 4 room for some income. In the meantime get whatever job you can find.

Hang in there, happiness will be back again. Ganbatte Kudasai! :encouragement:

Brother in law more than 35 year old can get his own BTO also.

Laguna
08-08-17, 22:40
Actually I warned him before. People trying to buy more HDBs and / or units of private housing. Even those trying to buy single units buy dual key or tri key to split the units but he is the only joker to reduce units to 1.

Now govt regulations max 6 unrelated persons he also kenna, want to rent also cannot.

From more units reduce is easy. From 1 unit increase more is very very difficult, and reduce to 0 means homeless...

Never listen...

Yes, most of us cautioned him before but now we shall just encourage him to move on and stay positive.
There is nothing much we can help him, but just don't add salt

Laguna
08-08-17, 22:43
Sound Advice.

E-Scooters should do the job.

I think collectively, all the old timers here can contribute to the e-Scooter to u

anythingwhatever
08-08-17, 22:46
I think collectively, all the old timers here can contribute to the e-Scooter to u

To YeowTan you mean? :)

Laguna
08-08-17, 22:47
To YeowTan you mean? :)

Yup...even though I dislike him

anythingwhatever
08-08-17, 22:54
Yup...even though I dislike him

Crowfunding... The cheapest on Qoo10 around $299:

http://list.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/goods/goods.aspx?goodscode=483434601&jaehuid=2026058764

YeowTan feel free to share Bank Account or PayNow details with us. (PM will do)

http://gd.image-gmkt.com/FASTWHEEL-F0-ELECTRIC-SCOOTER-INMOTION-L8-2016-LATEST-MODEL/li/834/229/681229834.g_400-w_g.jpg.webp

anythingwhatever
08-08-17, 22:59
Some grab / uber drivers i met can earn up to 5k a month. Working 10 hours a day.
Another way is to have 2 drivers sharing the same licence / car to maximize the compensation.

Weekly Promo SMS from UBER:

UberFLEX Club: Start earning big when you start driving with UFC! No deposit or contract needed!

Enjoy:
+ 1 week absolutely free rent + petrol when you drive with Uber and Smove
+ Receive up to $350 in additional incentives on top of all your earnings that you get to bring home!

SMS/Whatsapp "UFC" to 86468538 now to enjoy this offer!
t.uber.com/ufc

Reply STOP to 8858 5516 to unsubscribe.

anythingwhatever
08-08-17, 23:17

Bro, another suggestion, go rent Teddy's Landed Property in Johor and rent out your own HDB.

Kill 2 Bears with 1 Stone:

1. Everybody has more spaces vs 3br HDB.

2. The rent from HDB will be more than sufficient to cover Living Expenses in JB, plus paying off the loans for Mt Sinai.

1000 Ears Good Plan Bro... :)

arcachon,
trust me although you don't know me personally, and i mean it with the deepest of convictions with sincere thousand apologies to the iskandar enhusiasts - please don't. You will regret it. rental is nonexistent or very poor, environment is horrible, quality is shite, huge oversupply, unreasonably high tax regimes, sinking RM, i could go on. overall shite place. it looks cheap but only on paper. Loan is at 4-5% p.a so eats into any "appreciation " you may (fancifully) project.

remember teddybear and his two years cannot find tenant?
that's Iskandar, not singapore.