PDA

View Full Version : Look like this video show my past years.

Arcachon
03-07-17, 11:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwASNtvIXYI&feature=youtu.be&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=How%20to%20buy%20a%20home%20in%20your%2020%27s%2C%2030%27s%20and%2040%27s&utm_source=The+Edge+Subscribers&utm_campaign=2081323f06-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_07_03&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_30f686716a-2081323f06-2066017

1988 - HDB 4 room, 24, sold for 285k profit 180k
1996 - HDB 5 room, 32, near school, bought for 250k
2006 - 2 Bedroom @ Southbank, 42, investment, bought for 535k
2011 - 3 Bedroom PH @ Terrasse, 47, investment, bought for 1,305,800

Time to start selling and enjoy.

How many 10 years more do you have.

Fiona2004
03-07-17, 12:03
congratulations! do you live in the PH? if yes, why do you call it "investment"? thanks.

Arcachon
03-07-17, 12:14
congratulations! do you live in the PH? if yes, why do you call it "investment"? thanks.

Yes, staying at Terrasse not many 10 years left. waiting for the right time to sell.

Laguna
04-07-17, 11:12
So, in short, you have only made a realised profit of $180,000 so far in property in your entire life

frumnat
04-07-17, 11:37
Cash(flow) is king. No need to be too worried about unrealized gain in Singapore property market. It is just timing. HDB 5-rm and Southbank easily more than doubled, tripled or even more by now. Terrasse should have appreciated nicely too.

indomie
04-07-17, 12:00
I often wonder which is better holding on to 1 million dollar property or 1 million dollar cash. 1 million dollar property might return 2 to 3% rental yield. But 1 million in cash deposit less than 1%.

Arcachon
04-07-17, 12:04
So, in short, you have only made a realised profit of $180,000 so far in property in your entire life

Yes, so sad to say only SGD 180,000 cash and rental return only.

Asset rich, cash poor every month still need to top up to pay the loan.

Any good suggestion.

On paper, 640K + 1,450,000 + 1,305,800 rental 2800 + 4K Loan 428k + 660K + 750K

Monthly income 2750 without OT.

frumnat
04-07-17, 12:36
I often wonder which is better holding on to 1 million dollar property or 1 million dollar cash. 1 million dollar property might return 2 to 3% rental yield. But 1 million in cash deposit less than 1%.

Assuming no o/s loan and no usage of CPF, then we are comparing apple to apple.

In any case, you can use the cash to buy another property. No?

Kelonguni
04-07-17, 12:46
Bro Arcachon, the final cherry!

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2017/7/155498/elderly-private-property-owners-can-buy-hdbs-two-room-flexi-flats

But between 15-45 years, 2-rm flexi. Adopt with care.

Arcachon
05-07-17, 07:27
Bro Arcachon, the final cherry!

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2017/7/155498/elderly-private-property-owners-can-buy-hdbs-two-room-flexi-flats

But between 15-45 years, 2-rm flexi. Adopt with care.

This is one of the option but not a good one.

If I will sell all, I will still get a cheap 99 years resale HDB because 15-45 years, 2-rm flexi is the worst HDB leasing with no resale value and rental income. This option is for those who wait and wait until the tree got no more fruits.

Amber Woods
05-07-17, 08:55
Yes, so sad to say only SGD 180,000 cash and rental return only.

Asset rich, cash poor every month still need to top up to pay the loan.

Any good suggestion.

On paper, 640K + 1,450,000 + 1,305,800 rental 2800 + 4K Loan 428k + 660K + 750K

Monthly income 2750 without OT.

If I were you, I will sell off the PH bought in 2011 even if it means selling at a lost. Clear off the other loan of 428K and stay in the HDB. With the 4K rental, should be enough to pay off the monthly loan of 660K and immediately you are cash positive each month.

Cash positive is more important when you are managing your investment portfolio. However, you need to monitor your small portfolio because both your HDB flat and Southbank are going to turn into depreciating assets if their lease are running low.

Kelonguni
05-07-17, 09:48
Not quite possible for you to be him. You are the hold cash wait type.

Even for me it's quite impossible to adopt his style even if I want to.

I think he will not be around by the time his lease ran low.

If I were you, I will sell off the PH bought in 2011 even if it means selling at a lost. Clear off the other loan of 428K and stay in the HDB. With the 4K rental, should be enough to pay off the monthly loan of 660K and immediately you are cash positive each month.

Cash positive is more important when you are managing your investment portfolio. However, you need to monitor your small portfolio because both your HDB flat and Southbank are going to turn into depreciating assets if their lease are running low.

Amber Woods
05-07-17, 10:31
Not quite possible for you to be him. You are the hold cash wait type.

Even for me it's quite impossible to adopt his style even if I want to.

I think he will not be around by the time his lease ran low.

Given his case, he has no cash to hold even after selling his PH. As an investor, one should manage his investment and not let the leases run out and lose it all.

Kelonguni
05-07-17, 10:52
Given his case, he has no cash to hold even after selling his PH. As an investor, one should manage his investment and not let the leases run out and lose it all.

His leases should have about another 80-90 years. He is probably about 45 now. Even if he lives to be 100, there are still 20-30 years of lease left.

They should help support him in old age provided he (or his tenants) completes serving the mortgage by the time he stops working.

teddybear
05-07-17, 11:08
What is he stop working tomorrow?
What if his property left <80 years lease already nobody want to buy or rent? (hence no rental income)?

And why are they flipping properties as though they dream they can make money when they can't flip stocks and forex etc and make money?
Flipping to make money require skills, and they are transferable......

His leases should have about another 80-90 years. He is probably about 45 now. Even if he lives to be 100, there are still 20-30 years of lease left.

They should help support him in old age provided he (or his tenants) completes serving the mortgage by the time he stops working.

Arcachon
05-07-17, 11:41

Not possible for me because I don't believe in CASH.

CASH is a SCAM, Bank print money MAS(Central Bank) control the Flow.

Amber Woods
05-07-17, 11:44

He is 53 now. Southbank TOP in 2009 so lease left is 91 years left.

At 53, he should stay cash flow positive. Any additional cash he saves can put in investment grade bonds giving about 4 to 5% better than leaving cash in bank.

By selling his PH, he will only service the loan of 660K for the Southbank which leaves him cash positive base on the rental he collects each month.

His salary can go for a better quality of life and some saving to invest in bond. At his age, he should not be too highly leverage. He may lose all if black swan hits. It is likely to hit him in his lifetime. If he still wants to invest in property, invest in low quantum but must make sure rental can cover mortgage payment.

Arcachon
05-07-17, 11:46

You are right, I loan more than the value of Terrasse.

Loan 660k + 750K = 1410K for (1,305,800 + (1,305,800x3%-5,400)).

This can only be done when MAS did not have the control, now not possible due to TDSR.

TDSR is the best CM even IMF say so.

Arcachon
05-07-17, 11:53
He is 53 now. Southbank TOP in 2009 so lease left is 91 years left.

At 53, he should stay cash flow positive. Any additional cash he saves can put in investment grade bonds giving about 4 to 5% better than leaving cash in bank.

By selling his PH, he will only service the loan of 660K for the Southbank which leaves him cash positive base on the rental he collects each month.

His salary can go for a better quality of life and some saving to invest in bond. At his age, he should not be too highly leverage. He may lose all if black swan hits. It is likely to hit him in his lifetime. If he still wants to invest in property, invest in low quantum but must make sure rental can cover mortgage payment.

You are right, but I view Bond another SCAM, printing another piece of paper call Bond using the printed paper call CASH to buy.

I have another plan for not selling any one of the property and retire at 55 years on 29 Feb 2019.

Amber Woods
05-07-17, 11:56
You are right, but I view Bond another SCAM, printing another piece of paper call Bond using the printed paper call CASH to buy.

I have another plan for not selling any one of the property and retire at 55 years on 29 Feb 2019.

If you already have another plan and is confident that it will turn out well, why are you still feeling sad and asking for opinion? Care to share your plan since you already benefited from advice here?

Arcachon
05-07-17, 11:58
What is he stop working tomorrow?
What if his property left <80 years lease already nobody want to buy or rent? (hence no rental income)?

And why are they flipping properties as though they dream they can make money when they can't flip stocks and forex etc and make money?
Flipping to make money require skills, and they are transferable......

Plan to retire and sell my property anytime while still doing my national service or retire on 29 Feb 2019 selling other people property.

Never have the plan of Flipping property to make money, bought property because don't believe in CASH.

Lehman brother crisis is a wake-up call for me to go into high leverage.

The Game has just started a few more en-bloc will only accelerate it

Arcachon
05-07-17, 12:03
If you already have another plan and is confident that it will turn out well, why are you still feeling sad and asking for opinion? Care to share your plan since you already benefited from advice here?

The Next generation plan.

I also have another 3 room HDB bought for my parent in law.

Now only my MIL staying.

I take all advice as good advice into my plan.

Amber Woods
05-07-17, 12:15
Plan to retire and sell my property anytime or retire on 29 Feb 2019 selling other people property.

Never have the plan of Flipping property to make money, bought property because don't believe in CASH.

If I understand you correctly, you either sell all your properties and retire anytime now or keep all the properties and continue working as an agent.

If you sell your SB and PH now leaving your HDB flat for own stay, your sale proceed will leave you about 800k cash after clearing all your loans provided you can sell base on your indicated prices. You will still need to manage the 800K cash. Since you do not believe in bond or holding cash, you will buy another property with the 800K. If you buy FH, then reason to sell all your SB and PH. If you plan to buy another LH, then keep the SB and sell only the PH as I suggested.

If you continue to work as an agent and keep all your properties, then it is status quo. Make sure you can handle the black swan if it hits you during your life time.

Laguna
05-07-17, 12:38
Plan to retire and sell my property anytime while still doing my national service or retire on 29 Feb 2019 selling other people property.

where can u find on earth 29 Feb for 2019

Arcachon
05-07-17, 22:21
where can u find on earth 29 Feb for 2019

Serious, no 29 Feb 2019 then got to retire at 56.

Hakuho
06-07-17, 07:51
At the retirement age of 55, the net worth of a person gainfully employed over the year should be a minimum $1.0 mil. And this is provided that he knows how to preserve its purchasing power over the next 30 years.

The equity of the property where he stays is NOT counted in the net worth calculation. CPF, better not to count.

$1.0 mil cash over 30 years means $2700 per month only nia.

Arcachon
06-07-17, 08:25
At the retirement age of 55, the net worth of a person gainfully employed over the year should be a minimum $1.0 mil. And this is provided that he knows how to preserve its purchasing power over the next 30 years.

The equity of the property where he stays is NOT counted in the net worth calculation. CPF, better not to count.

Planning to go Singapore District 29.

frumnat
06-07-17, 08:45
Planning to go Singapore District 29.

Akan datang https://www.iproperty.com.sg/property-for-sale/districtsaleproperty.aspx?d=29

Arcachon
06-07-17, 09:00
Akan datang https://www.iproperty.com.sg/property-for-sale/districtsaleproperty.aspx?d=29

One MRT stop from Singapore.

http://www.princesscove-rf.com/

teddybear
06-07-17, 10:43
Should count CPF Life payout from age 65 onwards if you want to plan how much you must save by retirement time.........
I find this online calculator to be useful:
https://make-money-secrets.blogspot.sg/p/retirement-savingscpf-life-calculator.html

To calculate how much you need to save per month until retirement, can use the calculator here:
https://www.cpf.gov.sg/eSvc/Web/Schemes/SavingsCalculator/SavingsCalculator

Arcachon
06-07-17, 11:41
Should count CPF Life payout from age 65 onwards if you want to plan how much you must save by retirement time.........
I find this online calculator to be useful:
https://make-money-secrets.blogspot.sg/p/retirement-savingscpf-life-calculator.html

To calculate how much you need to save per month until retirement, can use the calculator here:
https://www.cpf.gov.sg/eSvc/Web/Schemes/SavingsCalculator/SavingsCalculator

Better to go into high leverage before 65 then start to sell for retirement.

Saving alone will never be able to help you retire if inflation is going to be higher than the interest rate.

A few country which offers pension is in trouble.

Singapore CPF uses to be enough but after 2008 everything change and it can only get worst.

indomie
06-07-17, 12:54
Better to go into high leverage before 65 then start to sell for retirement.

Saving alone will never be able to help you retire if inflation is going to be higher than the interest rate.

A few country which offers pension is in trouble.

Singapore CPF uses to be enough but after 2008 everything change and it can only get worst.

The funny thing is most people still think that the world economy is still alive. The world economy is in coma on life assist. Everything we see are artificials. It doesn't matter the number on interest rates, economy growth, unemployment rates, etc. Its not necessary to analysed such data anymore. If the patient in coma on life assist, analysing blood pressure is not that important.