PDA

View Full Version : Why so quiet? Farrer Court how?

house rat
28-05-08, 17:41
Whats happening at one of the biggest enbloc site of them all? :banghead:

Tony Blair
28-05-08, 18:48
The developers are :banghead: again and :banghead: .Miscalculated.Pay high and built at high cost.:banghead:

gloworm2
28-05-08, 19:54
The developers are :banghead: again and :banghead: .Miscalculated.Pay high and built at high cost.:banghead:

But can the former owners find replacement of similar size, quality and location?:cool:

Dee Tan
29-05-08, 12:33
Why cannot? Resale HDB opposite the road just like their own same quality ex-HUDC Farrer Court confirm less than $2mil.

gloworm2
29-05-08, 15:47
Why cannot? Resale HDB opposite the road just like their own same quality ex-HUDC Farrer Court confirm less than $2mil.

What I mean is from private property to private property. HDB is not condo. It does not have its own garden and other facilities. It is downgrading.

house rat
29-05-08, 16:16
What I mean is from private property to private property. HDB is not condo. It does not have its own garden and other facilities. It is downgrading.

A lot of people view living in HDB no class. To these snobs, I would say it beats living in a high class private property but struggling to pay the loans yr whole life!

Living in HDB with no financial burden is pure bliss!

gloworm2
29-05-08, 16:34
A lot of people view living in HDB no class. To these snobs, I would say it beats living in a high class private property but struggling to pay the loans yr whole life!

Living in HDB with no financial burden is pure bliss!

Very true. I have nothing against HDB owners.
But here we are discussing cost of HDB and cost of HUDC and their respective market prices. When HUDC is privatised, it is private. When I first querried whether the former Farrer Court owner could find a replacement in a private property of the same size, same location and same quality, I do not expect a HDB replacement. If any one wants to keep the proceeds and buy a cheaper HDB flat, and tell me that you can, then very well. But then, it is not a fair answer to my question.

kal
29-05-08, 18:21
My fren'd fren staying in farrer court now looking for nearby apt to buy urgently, So it means..........:)

Fred
29-05-08, 21:23
Hello, money collected in March alledy. Think it's 95 percent. I know cos I heard an acquaintance has moved out a month ago. These are the most fortunate enblockers in the history of S'pore, considering it's 99 yrs leasehold and cost half a billion to top up to 99 yrs.
Is it true the buyer is banging heads?
Horizon Towers , Gilman Hts etc ,owners must be banging heads and balls.
Makes me wonder what's happened to the HT and GH cases. There's a deadly silence there. Anybody knows what's happening?

Fred

house rat
02-06-08, 12:08
Don't know what is the breakeven price for the developer and the possible selling price. Now market so bad maybe can get good deal!

lookingforprop
14-06-08, 01:42
Hi Gloworm2,

One place that can considered is Sommerville Park, opposite Farrer Court.

Quality and location will beat FC, in my view. Furthermore, it's freehold.

As for size, well, must compromise a bit...just a bit...for the freehold status,at least.

What do you think?

Dee Tan
16-06-08, 16:26
I think most ex-FC owners taste not so high. If taste so high, then they wun been living in the ex-HUDC FC already. I think most ex--FCers will go stay in HDBs next door for $500k cheap cheap.

house rat
17-06-08, 11:52
I think most ex-FC owners taste not so high. If taste so high, then they wun been living in the ex-HUDC FC already. I think most ex--FCers will go stay in HDBs next door for $500k cheap cheap.

Cheap cheap is not to be equated to 'cheapskate'!