PDA

View Full Version : Removal of Ovens provided by Developer after sale of condo unit

tiverton18
21-10-16, 16:18
Hi Bros here,

I have just sold my condo. Completion in 2 weeks time.

Am I obliged to leave behind baking oven and microwave oven provided by Developer when I bought the condo unit.

Can I remove the ovens? Worth removing them as they are branded BOSCH.

Arcachon
21-10-16, 17:16
You can try.

electron
21-10-16, 21:36
If its fixed there (secured by screws and nails), it's a fixture that is part of the house. Same for aircon, lights, cabinets etc. You cannot remove unless your buyer agrees.

tiverton18
21-10-16, 22:41
If its fixed there (secured by screws and nails), it's a fixture that is part of the house. Same for aircon, lights, cabinets etc. You cannot remove unless your buyer agrees.

Thanks for your advice. This is what I was thinking. Both the ovens are secured, hence I have doubt in removing.

Arcachon
22-10-16, 08:17
Thanks for your advice. This is what I was thinking. Both the ovens are secured, hence I have doubt in removing.

You can check with the buyer, some prefer microwave with oven.

Fixture or not depends whether the item is in the inventories listing.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/1760126-Does-a-microwave-count-as-a-fixture-or-fitting-Moving-house

tiverton18
22-10-16, 11:36
You can check with the buyer, some prefer microwave with oven.

Fixture or not depends whether the item is in the inventories listing.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/1760126-Does-a-microwave-count-as-a-fixture-or-fitting-Moving-house

I have checked the Sale Option; it clearly stipulates that the sale includes fixtures and/or fixtures. The developer has constructed a cabinet to specially house both the main BOSCH oven which is screwed to the fixture and a BOSCH microwave oven which is slotted into the cabinet.

Removing the slotted microwave will create an empty hole in the cabinet. It looks ugly. Since the cost of a Japanese brand microwave oven is less than $100, I have decided not to take it to prevent any ugly incident.

Thanks for your advice.