PDA

View Full Version : Renovation works require deposit

xtreme_46
13-09-16, 14:26
Just to check is it a common practice for MCST to collect deposit for own unit renovation works?

how come renovate own house also need to pay deposit?

Arcachon
13-09-16, 17:37
You damage common property you pay.

proud owner
13-09-16, 18:20
Just to check is it a common practice for MCST to collect deposit for own unit renovation works?

how come renovate own house also need to pay deposit?

as mentioned ... this is in case common properties like the elevator, common areas are damaged during the renovations..

usually this deposit is paid for by the Contractor ... if no damage, then it will be refunded ...

xtreme_46
14-09-16, 00:25
as mentioned ... this is in case common properties like the elevator, common areas are damaged during the renovations..

usually this deposit is paid for by the Contractor ... if no damage, then it will be refunded ...

Paid by contractor? But not a small sum which contractor will pay?

proud owner
14-09-16, 01:12
Paid by contractor? But not a small sum which contractor will pay?

how much are you talking about ?

talk to your contractor ...

only if they are made to pay for the deposit will they take extra care to not damage the common areas...

leafe
21-09-16, 11:16
Just wondering how long prior to the reno need to inform MCST?

proud owner
22-09-16, 00:09
Just wondering how long prior to the reno need to inform MCST?

It may differs from mcst to mcst.

Actually i am also renovating my condo unit now.. will take 3 months ... very major ....

i informed MCST 3 weeks ahead , Submit renov plans etc for approval ...

no harm inform mcst early ...

sometimes .... if there arent enough elevators, and a few units reno at the same time, they may not approve yours... so submit early ..

leafe
22-09-16, 12:40
luckily saw this post... called my MCST to check. the deposit is $1000, asked them how they determinate the damage is caused by my contractor, they cannot answer me. Just keep saying that it is refundable if no damage is found.

So it should be paid by Contractor on this amount?

minority
22-09-16, 14:32
luckily saw this post... called my MCST to check. the deposit is $1000, asked them how they determinate the damage is caused by my contractor, they cannot answer me. Just keep saying that it is refundable if no damage is found.

So it should be paid by Contractor on this amount?

u have to pay. if u ask ur contractor pay they will say they will not take ur job. or they factor the 1K into the bill to u.

proud owner
22-09-16, 18:39
u have to pay. if u ask ur contractor pay they will say they will not take ur job. or they factor the 1K into the bill to u.

it depends

so far all my reno the deposit is paid by contractors.

Like i mentioned to threadstarter earlier ... it depends on the project amount ..

my contract for the reno is $xxx,xxx so the contractor jolly well pay for the depo ..
there will be a huge amount of big items in and out of lift, etc ...

leafe
22-09-16, 19:24
it depends

Like i mentioned to threadstarter earlier ... it depends on the project amount ..

my contract for the reno is $xxx,xxx so the contractor jolly well pay for the depo ..

Ya, i think all depends on how much is the renovation cost. but as mine is small project, i think I might need to pay the deposit first. as the MCST person told me that if damages are found, they will charge me with receipt and supporting prove. then i can charge back to the contractor.

minority
22-09-16, 20:21
it depends

for $xxx,xxx its likely already in the bill

leafe
23-09-16, 22:29
My ID will pay the deposit... despite my small project. I think it's up to the contractor/ID

proud owner
24-09-16, 01:23
My ID will pay the deposit... despite my small project. I think it's up to the contractor/ID

good for you .....

also when moving in .. your mcst may want you to pay a deposit as well ...

ask the Moving company to 'apply' to your mcst ... they will pay the deposit for you ..

leafe
24-09-16, 12:25
good for you .....

also when moving in .. your mcst may want you to pay a deposit as well ...

ask the Moving company to 'apply' to your mcst ... they will pay the deposit for you ..

But i am not moving, buy new stuffs. only those personal items (clothe books barang barang)i will be asking my friend to help move using her car.

real_ice
20-03-17, 19:39
I saw this article online at ezbuy's blog, it gave renovation tips and also showed some awesome furniture display

can see the owner really enjoyed great savings when buying furniture from the online shopping platform ezbuy.sg

this is the article on the house tour : http://ezbuy.sg/blog/home-living/house-tour-achieve-nordic-style-home-furnishings-totalling-14000/

Hope it helps!