PDA

View Full Version : Cars

irisng
31-03-16, 08:20
Cars are getting more and more expensive because of the COE. How about the air pollution, will it get worst with so many old cars or "problem" cars on the road because they can't afford to change to new cars. We understand that government is trying to encourage people to take public transports but for those who really need a car for their daily usage eg salesmen, property agents or maybe working parents with infants/young children etc, they have to stick to their old cars even though their cars might have some problems.

Kelonguni
31-03-16, 08:57
COE is on a general downtrend although it is unlikely to fall below say 30K.

We can hold out until 2017 to see if there is a trough for it.

Due to climate change, I believe that people who can afford it will still budget for cars in family expenditure, at least 1 per family, even when children have grown up.

31-03-16, 09:11
Cars are getting more and more expensive because of the COE. How about the air pollution, will it get worst with so many old cars or "problem" cars on the road because they can't afford to change to new cars. We understand that government is trying to encourage people to take public transports but for those who really need a car for their daily usage eg salesmen, property agents or maybe working parents with infants/young children etc, they have to stick to their old cars even though their cars might have some problems.

It is many thanks to policy that we are condition to think that a 9 year old car is an old car. Actually with today's technology in manufacturing and proper maintenance, it can still be quite reliable.

Kelonguni
31-03-16, 09:35
It is many thanks to policy that we are condition to think that a 9 year old car is an old car. Actually with today's technology in manufacturing and proper maintenance, it can still be quite reliable.

I am thinking to upgrade to a larger one though, which makes it hard to renew COE, even when I believe it will indeed be a very reliable car when it reaches 9 or 10 years old.

azeoprop
31-03-16, 09:36
When will the new corolla or sylphy be selling at 65k again.:grey:

kellogs
31-03-16, 12:02
I am thinking to upgrade to a larger one though, which makes it hard to renew COE, even when I believe it will indeed be a very reliable car when it reaches 9 or 10 years old.

Get the new E Class :)

Kelonguni
31-03-16, 12:25
Bro Arcachon will knock my head.

For people carrying, the max I will go is maybe Mazda 5 or Toyota Sienta.

Get the new E Class :)

teddybear
31-03-16, 14:11
Freak not, with GPS ERP where you will be charged by the distance, most people especially those living in OCR but working in city will either give up their cars and/or move to to the city (and eliminate the need for a car), hence reducing cars' usage and hence less pollution from 2020 onwards............ :tears_of_joy:

irisng
01-04-16, 08:42

Sometimes luck plays a part. I have a friend, (before COE is so high) who bought a Mercedes, giving him so much problem from the day he took over the car, eg window cannot wind down etc etc, keep sending back for repair until he gave up (I think only a few months) and bought Lexus instead.

Another friend of mind, who bought Proton Saga, have a major accident, whenever there is a rain, water will leak from the front window screen, and so much noise coming out from the engine but he still carry out driving till 10 years, then change to Toyota Corolla, at that time the price were only about $60k. Now his 7 years old car has problem again, repair so many times, still cannot get it rectify, now cannot afford liao, too expensive to change. Buy 2nd car, fear that there might have other problems, buy new cars, too expensive. The cheapest, I think also need about $80k+, is too expensive for him but he needs a car for his work.