PDA

View Full Version : Vue 8 Residences

Pages : 1 [2]

yl
11-06-14, 22:12
What i mean was maybe previously 800psf but now 700psf for the same unit???

No...but was stratum psf for 3 bedder ranges from 700psf onwards before it was a sell out?

IsaacTan
11-06-14, 22:43
No...but was stratum psf for 3 bedder ranges from 700psf onwards before it was a sell out?

Have no idea what a 3bedder will cost for stratum.....:rolleyes:
But i don't think it was that cheap :scared-1: at $700psf.

Zile
11-06-14, 23:21
Stratum 3-bedders: 850 - 920 psf thereabout.

yl
11-06-14, 23:53
Have no idea what a 3bedder will cost for stratum.....:rolleyes:
But i don't think it was that cheap :scared-1: at $700psf.

Humm...no... vue 8 is cheaper..stratum more ex psf

But I guess I mistook your answer..

I thought u meant if vue 8 selling at 7xx psf then the units will move. If that's the case stratum is grossly overpriced.

IsaacTan
12-06-14, 00:10
Humm...no... vue 8 is cheaper..stratum more ex psf

But I guess I mistook your answer..

I thought u meant if vue 8 selling at 7xx psf then the units will move. If that's the case stratum is grossly overpriced.

Not sure if Stratum was more expensive due to slightly closer to mrt station and better finishing?
Some people was saying stratum have upper hand on finishing but i were not too sure as i never visit VUE8 till now.
If comparative to cocopalm, my opinion was Stratum won by slight margin on finishing but of course loosing out on distance to mrt.....:o

Strata
12-06-14, 06:43
Not sure if Stratum was more expensive due to slightly closer to mrt station and better finishing?
Some people was saying stratum have upper hand on finishing but i were not too sure as i never visit VUE8 till now.
If comparative to cocopalm, my opinion was Stratum won by slight margin on finishing but of course loosing out on distance to mrt.....:o

I think the eval criterias are very different for individuals. You shd understand your priorities and understand your limitations. All condos have its uniqueness and selling points. Most importantly is that it can give you that kind of home feeling esp for home stay. For investment wise, go for CCR or OCR units instead.

Strata
12-06-14, 06:47
Stratum 3-bedders: 850 - 920 psf thereabout.

About 900k+ on average. If I can turn back the clock, I will look for freehold unit instead.

yl
12-06-14, 07:46
About 900k+ on average. If I can turn back the clock, I will look for freehold unit instead.

Government made a calculated move.
Transfer risk from developer to consumers.
If they are so serious about reining in the property prices they would have imposed tdsr to cripple buyers ability to borrow right at the start of the property price hike.

They chose to impose additional stamp duties which have proven in the past never to work..N let the prices climb n then collect more n more money.

Lay man people like me always wonder why never cripple ability of people to borrow right at the start n let things like deferred payment etc furniture vouchers etc to go on.

Too bad for us we bore the blunt of the consequences.

Government let land hungry developers to bid aggressively..N then pass the risk tu the property developers who then pass to us.

Easy to say if expensive don't buy. If desperately need house would you rather buy an overpriced hdb resale or private property?

People criticised why buy private when you can buy hdb.

I would if our income didn't burst the cap. Ec also
also.

Asking prices of the cov back then also so high..coupled with the need to redo the whole house due to age.

In the meantime the developers who managed to scrap through the Tdsr n the government happily laffing all the way to the bank.

frustrating to wait n after all these years..

If they insisted not calculated move..then the truth is that they suddenly realised they need to look at the root of the problem.

Really 🐦 🐦 🐦 🐦 Brain.

hyenergix
12-06-14, 07:52
Go for properties near MRT even if they are more expensive by $100k. COE correction n stabilisation are only temporary. You will get back your $100k many times by saving on a car/ extra car for your family.

yl
12-06-14, 07:58
Go for properties near MRT even if they are more expensive by $100k. COE correction n stabilisation are only temporary. You will get back your $100k many times by saving on a car/ extra car for your family.

I agree too..But buy higher prices mean more loss when prices correct ... n near mrt prices is evermore ex with smaller livable place n take coco palms as an example..the lease only left 89 years..

People who brought at an average price of 9xx psf thought they snagged a great deal.

They have been shortchanged yet they dunno.

N to add...these years really made us lose faith in our government who pays million dollars to the scholars..who took years to take this housing issue.

Ask me if we happy since the price dropped?

Happy for the later batch of homeowners lor.

Investors? They bloody lucky to be able to enter the market by then lor.

People like us? Damn sway lor

yl
12-06-14, 08:09
Ask to have faith in our government?

Faith what faith? We pay high taxes n high prices due to such misguided n mismanagement of the housing prices..

IsaacTan
12-06-14, 09:23
I agree too..But buy higher prices mean more loss when prices correct ... n near mrt prices is evermore ex with smaller livable place n take coco palms as an example..the lease only left 89 years..

People who brought at an average price of 9xx psf thought they snagged a great deal.

N to add...these years really made us lose faith in our government who pays million dollars to the scholars..who took years to take this housing issue.

Sometimes were thinking was it too impulsive to enter market too early and now rounds of cooling measurement causing the price to drop.
You're right that when we need a home, we will need to buy it. Can't be forever renting a place that you can't call home.
A bit regretted that i didn't enter the market before the ABSD and now entered the market before the TDSR that caused the price to drop :doh:

If buying housing without considering 2nd generation, 89 years actually should be more than enough. Looking at the location for cocopalm, it was very convenient for those who're not driving.

Hopefully gov will reduce further the sell of land in order to hold the price.
2H2014, they just reduce about 500units which i felt was a bit too little.
Let's have faith........ :cheers4:

Amber Woods
12-06-14, 11:48
I think if anyone here has been following the government's messages over the last few years, its message has been rather consistent. The cooling measures put in place since 2009 till now have the same objective of discouraging people from entering the market especially people who need to leverage a lot.

On one hand, the government does not want to crash the market, hence the cooling measures earlier were more measured. On the other hand, there were forces in the market telling people to buy if not price can only get higher since most cooling measures only ended up with higher price.

Different people read the government's messages and interpret differently. Those who listened more to vested groups such as sale agents, developers, bankers etc ended up buying for fear of prices continuing to rise or will rise in the long term even though there could be short term fluctuation. Some chose not to enter the market despite prices continue to rise despite every cooling measures.

If you are the one who read the government's message wrongly or being mislead by agents to interpret that way, your faith with the government is not likely to materialize. If you belong to the group who read the government's message and understood its intentions and have not entered the market, you are likely to have faith in the government.

In the property market, there will always be winners and losers. It has nothing to do with having faith with the government. It all depend on the decision you have made. The government cannot openly say prices are too high or too low. However, this government has openly said prices are rising much faster than income and that is as good as telling us prices are too high for the country good. As a responsible government, it has a duty to bring prices down to sensible level.

When we talk about having faith in the government, it all depends on what decisions you have taken. Do not loose faith in the government if you happen to take a decision that was not consistent with the government's efforts to cool the property market. We should learn to take responsibility for the decision we made.

Fortunately, most people who entered the market at high prices are mostly high earners who can withstand price correction. The cooling measures have prevented a lot of people getting into debts they have no mean to service should prices crash. View in this way, we should all have faith in the government.

Sometimes were thinking was it too impulsive to enter market too early and now rounds of cooling measurement causing the price to drop.
You're right that when we need a home, we will need to buy it. Can't be forever renting a place that you can't call home.
A bit regretted that i didn't enter the market before the ABSD and now entered the market before the TDSR that caused the price to drop :doh:

If buying housing without considering 2nd generation, 89 years actually should be more than enough. Looking at the location for cocopalm, it was very convenient for those who're not driving.

Hopefully gov will reduce further the sell of land in order to hold the price.
2H2014, they just reduce about 500units which i felt was a bit too little.
Let's have faith........ :cheers4:

yl
12-06-14, 12:01
I think if anyone here has been following the government's messages over the last few years, its message has been rather consistent. The cooling measures put in place since 2009 till now have the same objective of discouraging people from entering the market especially people who need to leverage a lot.

On one hand, the government does not want to crash the market, hence the cooling measures earlier were more measured. On the other hand, there were forces in the market telling people to buy if not price can only get higher since most cooling measures only ended up with higher price.

Different people read the government's messages and interpret differently. Those who listened more to vested groups such as sale agents, developers, bankers etc ended up buying for fear of prices continuing to rise or will rise in the long term even though there could be short term fluctuation. Some chose not to enter the market despite prices continue to rise despite every cooling measures.

If you are the one who read the government's message wrongly or being mislead by agents to interpret that way, your faith with the government is not likely to materialize. If you belong to the group who read the government's message and understood its intentions and have not entered the market, you are likely to have faith in the government.

In the property market, there will always be winners and losers. It has nothing to do with having faith with the government. It all depend on the decision you have made. The government cannot openly say prices are too high or too low. However, this government has openly said prices are rising much faster than income and that is as good as telling us prices are too high for the country good. As a responsible government, it has a duty to bring prices down to sensible level.

When we talk about having faith in the government, it all depends on what decisions you have taken. Do not loose faith in the government if you happen to take a decision that was not consistent with the government's efforts to cool the property market. We should learn to take responsibility for the decision we made.

Fortunately, most people who entered the market at high prices are mostly high earners who can withstand price correction. The cooling measures have prevented a lot of people getting into debts they have no mean to service should prices crash. View in this way, we should all have faith in the government.

Agreed with you. But we listerned n pushed back plans for over 3 years.

N if you ask did we regretted that we took heed n had faith?

Yes.

Coz if we had not we wouldn't be lamenting on our stupidity for listening n would have brought one 3 years ago.

N probably be sitting on big paper gains for thw last few years.

Now the question is why not tdsr at the start???

Back 3 yeaes ago?

N we are just working adults early 30s.

Waited from late 20s until now.

In other words the goverment would rather sacrifice us.

Just because of our income we exempt this n that.

Sitting on paper loss of 100 to 200k no joke.

N to illustrate..if we had brought a resale we would be looking at the same loss or even moew due to the reno costs n cov!

The price dropped over 80k for some hdb we are looking at.

N looking at how the sales are right now. ..u thinl the developer will care about the early buyers n not start dumping their units soon?

Amber Woods
12-06-14, 12:18
The industry keeps saying TDSR and blamed TDSR. Remember, the industry is made up of vested groups such as sale agents, consultants, developers etc.

Look at some of the new launches with reduced prices and attracted good sale. What does that tell us? If prices come down to sensible level, people will buy regardless of TDSR. Many developers are not willing to cut prices so they sing a different song blaming TDSR etc for their poor sale.

Does it makes sense now asking why TDSR comes so late? Any answer can only tell us that the government was probably late in introducing TDSR though this is again subjective. Some measures are more effective than others and in our case, the TDSR appears to be so. It is too late to introduce TDSR? Definitely not if the results is any indication of its success. What if TDSR was introduced much earlier? Does it makes a lot more different than what we are now? No right or wrong answer.

I would just move on and try to make the right decision under any given situation. If my decision turns out to be unwise, it is solely mine to answer.

Yes.

Coz if we had not we wouldn't be lamenting on our stupidity for listening n would have brought one 3 years ago.

Back 3 yeaes ago?

Amber Woods
12-06-14, 13:06
Missed your second part and here is my thoughts.

Unless you bought your property before 1996 or during the low of the property cycles, you are likely to experience your property been under water at some point in property cycles.

That is the reason why we always say property is for the long term and you need to see it that way.

If you cannot stomach your property losing its value during the down cycle, stay away from buying property.

Some people choose to stay with parents, get marry and wait for the right time to buy their first property. Some people have no choice but to buy their first property even though they are aware that prices are high. Whoever you are, you made the decision and you have to take responsibility for the your decision.

If you bought high and prices come down the next few years, it means likely that you could afford the price correction. Meanwhile, you enjoy your new home while other people have to stay with their parents because they are not willing to take the risk of buying at high price. They also face the risk of having to stay with their parents for longer than they plan.

Be thankful that you could afford to buy at high while many are not so fortunate and have to live with their parents.

N to illustrate..if we had brought a resale we would be looking at the same loss or even moew due to the reno costs n cov!

N looking at how the sales are right now. ..u thinl the developer will care about the early buyers n not start dumping their units soon?

hyenergix
12-06-14, 14:14

Supply is already coming down. Hard to get a new 99-year leasehold condo near MRT at less than $1000 psf, so the shorter lease is priced in. Are you looking around to buy?

yl
12-06-14, 14:26
Missed your second part and here is my thoughts.

Unless you bought your property before 1996 or during the low of the property cycles, you are likely to experience your property been under water at some point in property cycles.

That is the reason why we always say property is for the long term and you need to see it that way.

If you cannot stomach your property losing its value during the down cycle, stay away from buying property.

Some people choose to stay with parents, get marry and wait for the right time to buy their first property. Some people have no choice but to buy their first property even though they are aware that prices are high. Whoever you are, you made the decision and you have to take responsibility for the your decision.

If you bought high and prices come down the next few years, it means likely that you could afford the price correction. Meanwhile, you enjoy your new home while other people have to stay with their parents because they are not willing to take the risk of buying at high price. They also face the risk of having to stay with their parents for longer than they plan.

Be thankful that you could afford to buy at high while many are not so fortunate and have to live with their parents.
Our parents live in 3 room hdb. Already full with siblings..so we defer red our plans.

N when we compared ourselves to others who got their btos or sales if balance. .we cant complain.

When hdb owners asked for an arm n leg for cov..at high prices...we stayed put.

We got fed up staying put while listening that prices will drop..will take how long to reach the pre 2010 prices? Another 5 years?

By then we late 30s! N rents are not cheap!

After buying then.see how the developer s will dump their vacant units..we are always at losing end.

N best part this feeling of frustration will has been built up over years.

Faith? I have faith that government will do whatever they need to keep their jobs.

N the part about tdsr?

Its the easiest n most effective ways to stop people from snapping up properties. We voiced out why this was never carried out n let investors borrow for this damn long.

Just like a part ent refused to give money to child..You thinkhe can still spend?

It doesn't need a mulit millionpay check minister to think of this simple solution.

N best part? He is like so damn happy that this solution work. While we are thinking. .its simple logic. Why took so long?

Did the additional buyer stamps worked in the past???

No. Its the financial crisis that took the prices down!!

IsaacTan
12-06-14, 14:42

Yes.

Back 3 yeaes ago?

YL no point looking into things that we can't change. I believe you are happy too that at last you have a place that you could call HOME.

Agreed that 100-200K on paper loss was really a pain in the as** as me myself also got hit.

For own stay and in long run, house prices will go back up.
Don't be too sad. Cheer up

yl
12-06-14, 14:44
N those who think we are fortune to be earning a high income..we had to foot our patents expenses..saved so hard just to get a piece of small land called home..

why should we be paying so much to those greedy hdb owners to wants to sell off their hdb n profit from us ?

With the 100k or more price drop with the same budget we can buy a bigger unit .

yl
12-06-14, 14:45
YL no point looking into things that we can't change. I believe you are happy too that at last you have a place that you could call HOME.

Agreed that 100-200K on paper loss was really a pain in the as** as me myself also got hit.

For own stay and in long run, house prices will go back up.
Don't be too sad. Cheer up

Thanks..really frustrated n this is a tiring time for us.i spent so many nights thinking We should not buy.

IsaacTan
12-06-14, 14:47
N those who think we are fortune to be earning a high income..we had to foot our patents expenses..saved so hard just to get a piece of small land called home..

why should we be paying so much to those greedy hdb owners to wants to sell off their hdb n profit from us ?

With the 100k or more price drop with the same budget we can buy a bigger unit .

With the price different of $100K of course you could get a bigger unit or at a more strategic location.
SOmetimes are just about the right timing at the right time with the right decision.
So, you're getting a 2 bedders at the end?

yl
12-06-14, 14:50
With the price different of $100K of course you could get a bigger unit or at a more strategic location.
SOmetimes are just about the right timing at the right time with the right decision.
So, you're getting a 2 bedders at the end?
We got a 2 bedder. .that really all we can afford.

Amber Woods
12-06-14, 14:53
From what you said, I do empathize with you.

Let us take a step back and say TDSR was introduced much earlier and before ABSD and SSD. What happen? Local cannot buy but foreigners would drive price even higher. There will be an outcry with locals calling government to stop foreigners from buying.

The local only stop buying when TDSR was introduced. It was the local who continue to buy even after the introduction of SSD and ABSD as developers gave "discount" to absorb the ABSD.

It is easy to say TDSR is the most effective because saying it now is after the fact.

It is this combination of all the cooling measures that finally stop people from buying so that price could take a breather.

It appears that luck is not with you in your property purchase. There were just too many variables in your case and that your decision turned out to be this way. Hopefully, you do believe that luck does play a part in our lives.

Our parents live in 3 room hdb. Already full with siblings..so we defer red our plans.

N when we compared ourselves to others who got their btos or sales if balance. .we cant complain.

When hdb owners asked for an arm n leg for cov..at high prices...we stayed put.

We got fed up staying put while listening that prices will drop..will take how long to reach the pre 2010 prices? Another 5 years?

By then we late 30s! N rents are not cheap!

After buying then.see how the developer s will dump their vacant units..we are always at losing end.

N best part this feeling of frustration will has been built up over years.

Faith? I have faith that government will do whatever they need to keep their jobs.

N the part about tdsr?

Its the easiest n most effective ways to stop people from snapping up properties. We voiced out why this was never carried out n let investors borrow for this damn long.

Just like a part ent refused to give money to child..You thinkhe can still spend?

It doesn't need a mulit millionpay check minister to think of this simple solution.

N best part? He is like so damn happy that this solution work. While we are thinking. .its simple logic. Why took so long?

Did the additional buyer stamps worked in the past???

No. Its the financial crisis that took the prices down!!

yl
12-06-14, 15:01
From what you said, I do empathize with you.

Let us take a step back and say TDSR was introduced much earlier and before ABSD and SSD. What happen? Local cannot buy but foreigners would drive price even higher. There will be an outcry with locals calling government to stop foreigners from buying.

The local only stop buying when TDSR was introduced. It was the local who continue to buy even after the introduction of SSD and ABSD as developers gave "discount" to absorb the ABSD.

It is easy to say TDSR is the most effective because saying it now is after the fact.

It is this combination of all the cooling measures that finally stop people from buying so that price could take a breather.

It appears that luck is not with you in your property purchase. There were just too many variables in your case and that your decision turned out to be this way. Hopefully, you do believe that luck does play a part in our lives.

Thank you for listening.

Yes you are right things might have gone the other direction.

I m just upset that our savings come to a naught.

We dont spend much always eat at home hardly go out no car n we have to take care the daily n medical expenses of our parents too.

We didn't even intend to do any reno. :banghead:

Amber Woods
12-06-14, 15:03

Frankly, you have a choice not to buy. However, if you choose to buy and knowingly at high price, you should know the risk of having your property price coming down.

Now, let us switch role and you were the seller of the HDB flat. Would you sell for less if people were willing to pay more?

IsaacTan
12-06-14, 15:08
Thank you for listening.

Yes you are right things might have gone the other direction.

I m just upset that our savings come to a naught.

We dont spend much always eat at home hardly go out no car n we have to take care the daily n medical expenses of our parents too.

We didn't even intend to do any reno. :banghead:

YL.... i am currently at the stage that you been through. Savings on every single dollar and cents that i could.
Actually Gov could consider 1st house with no tax nor TDSR. 2nd house you may sky rocket it to control speculation. Not sure if it will work :cool:

Condo was almost ready to move in condition. So no need to spend too much on reno.....

Sometimes people will appreciate the things more if they get it through hardship.....Have a nice stay at your new home when is ready ;)

yl
12-06-14, 15:24
Frankly, you have a choice not to buy. However, if you choose to buy and knowingly at high price, you should know the risk of having your property price coming down.

Now, let us switch role and you were the seller of the HDB flat. Would you sell for less if people were willing to pay more?

We have been to countless showflat. .hdb resale viewing. .one asked $720k n cov of at least 30k.

We chose not to buy for 3 years.

With every resale unit we viewed the price got higher...units is older..The min reno for hdb resale is 30k..coz units so old.

With every show flat we viewed the price got higher..if not the size becomes smaller!

n thats where we lost faith.

We are already cornered. ..coz we already at an age where we couldnt wait longer. N heng heng the prices n outlook turned so negative after we brought.

Buy so many toto also not so heng.:banghead:

If I own a hdb I will not sell so high. .coz I know how much effort n trouble for a young couple to buy a place call home.

Its a home for bloody sake! Not stock option or anthing to make so much gross profit!

IsaacTan
12-06-14, 15:32

Dont think there will be many of those people left. Maybe the possibility meeting such a person are like hitting 4D.

Amber Woods
12-06-14, 15:41
I think this experience is worth much more than the inflated price you paid for your property. You should be much wiser when come to your next purchase.

When buying property, never put yourself in a position where you "must buy" because you cannot wait anymore. You seems to put yourself in this position and that was the thing. You could say no choice or whatever reasons but the fact remains that you made the call to buy even though you knew the price was high.

There are some flat owners who will ask for sky high COV because their units are unique and usually very high floor with good views. Normal resale flat usually goes for valuation plus the normal COV. You will become a seller some day and you will come to term of being a seller.

It is the same logic why developers want to sell so high for their developments and not at reasonable price. The market is always right. When demand is down, developers have no choice but to reduce prices to keep their business going.

We have been to countless showflat. .hdb resale viewing. .one asked $720k n cov of at least 30k.

We chose not to buy for 3 years.

With every resale unit we viewed the price got higher...units is older..The min reno for hdb resale is 30k..coz units so old.

With every show flat we viewed the price got higher..if not the size becomes smaller!

n thats where we lost faith.

We are already cornered. ..coz we already at an age where we couldnt wait longer. N heng heng the prices n outlook turned so negative after we brought.

Buy so many toto also not so heng.:banghead:

If I own a hdb I will not sell so high. .coz I know how much effort n trouble for a young couple to buy a place call home.

Its a home for bloody sake! Not stock option or anthing to make so much gross profit!

yl
12-06-14, 15:48
I think this experience is worth much more than the inflated price you paid for your property. You should be much wiser when come to your next purchase.

When buying property, never put yourself in a position where you "must buy" because you cannot wait anymore. You seems to put yourself in this position and that was the thing. You could say no choice or whatever reasons but the fact remains that you made the call to buy even though you knew the price was high.

There are some flat owners who will ask for sky high COV because their units are unique and usually very high floor with good views. Normal resale flat usually goes for valuation plus the normal COV. You will become a seller some day and you will come to term of being a seller.

It is the same logic why developers want to sell so high for their developments and not at reasonable price. The market is always right. When demand is down, developers have no choice but to reduce prices to keep their business going.

I think you missed my point. Even if we go for hdb we are paying an inflated prices cov n also plus reno.

So if we buy resale hdb we will be sitting on paper loss too. The normal outskirts hdb we were looking at went down 80k. Worst part had to pay more in cash...plus cov n reno too.

All add up over 100k.

The hdb buying experience so bad partner got so negative n said those hdb sellers are blood suckers.

IsaacTan
12-06-14, 15:57
I think what Amber trying to say, it was always the buyer choice to buy or not to buy. Money is in your pocket, so you made the decision.
Buy only when you feel is comfortable and worthy.
Don't buy because of age pressure, peers pressure that everyone was owing a flat or etc.

But Amber, generally could we said buying early has an advantage?
Over the years, only see properties price going up. Even it goes down, if will climb it ways back up after few years.

yl
12-06-14, 16:06
I think what Amber trying to say, it was always the buyer choice to buy or not to buy. Money is in your pocket, so you made the decision.
Don't buy because of age pressure, peers pressure that everyone was owing a flat or etc.

Over the years, only see properties price going up. Even it goes down, if will climb it ways back up after few years.

If we chose not to buy soon we unlikely to have any children before 35. We are not young anymore..if pay rent 3 room hdb rent is over 2k.

Our country growty will be stagnant ..every nation goes through the s curve. Property growth will stagnant or just barely any growth in years to come.

Nevermind. .think fault lies in we shouldn't have bought a unit or consider having any children or plan so long ahead. Shouldnt have thought of settling down at this stage. Everyone around us enjoy carefree life no debts. :tongue3:

IsaacTan
12-06-14, 16:11
If we chose not to buy soon we unlikely to have any children before 35. We are not young anymore..if pay rent 3 room hdb rent is over 2k.

Our country growty will be stagnant ..every nation goes through the s curve. Property growth will stagnant or just barely any growth in years to come.

Totally understand your feeling.
I believe you would like to set up your own warm & harmoneous family :)

Since you had made the choice, then just look ahead to it.
Vue8 progress was fast and hopefully you get your home asap with minor defect.
The progress was even faster than Stratum.

Cheers......:cool:

yl
12-06-14, 16:21
Totally understand your feeling.
I believe you would like to set up your own warm & harmoneous family :)

Since you had made the choice, then just look ahead to it.
Vue8 progress was fast and hopefully you get your home asap with minor defect.
The progress was even faster than Stratum.

Cheers......:cool:

Is this your first home?

I was trying to be positive. .but the bad news n after how the investors looking to jump to buy cheaper units when the property developers slash prices made the entire journey very negative.

I am just very dejected. Its a home. But due to many rich people treating it otherwise caused the price to be so inflated.

Amber Woods
12-06-14, 16:29
When you said buying early, there must be a reference point. So buy early means buy early in the property cycle and not during the late stage of the property cycle.

If you want to make the assumption that each property cycle is higher than the next which seems to be the case historically, then you should not be worried buying at the peak because the next peak should be even higher. If you take this approach, you should not be worried about the value of your property now at below water.

If you believe that prices must come down to sensible level before going up again than buying during the down cycle has the advantage because you could sell for a profit during the up cycle. If you hold your property, you could sit on paper profit till the next down cycle which could be higher or lower than your entry point price. If it is higher, you will be happy. If it is lower, than all your "paper profit" will turns to "paper loss" during the next down cycle.

12-06-14, 16:52
Don't say private developer cut price, HDB also ever cut price before, still give buyers the chance to look at the units before buying. Did HDB refund the excess to those who applied and waited for the flats to be build? No

Yes.

Back 3 yeaes ago?

IsaacTan
12-06-14, 17:31
When you said buying early, there must be a reference point. So buy early means buy early in the property cycle and not during the late stage of the property cycle.

If you want to make the assumption that each property cycle is higher than the next which seems to be the case historically, then you should not be worried buying at the peak because the next peak should be even higher. If you take this approach, you should not be worried about the value of your property now at below water.

If you believe that prices must come down to sensible level before going up again than buying during the down cycle has the advantage because you could sell for a profit during the up cycle. If you hold your property, you could sit on paper profit till the next down cycle which could be higher or lower than your entry point price. If it is higher, you will be happy. If it is lower, than all your "paper profit" will turns to "paper loss" during the next down cycle.

Thanks Amber for sharing the valuable experience but i do hope gov could slowdown the sell of land. I believe with all the new upcoming BTO, EC & Condo, the supply was already overwhelming.

Zile
12-06-14, 18:10
If it is your home and you are going to stay in it to raise a family and it is something within your ability... Why need to worry whether the price goes up or come down??

yl
12-06-14, 18:24
If it is your home and you are going to stay in it to raise a family and it is something within your ability... Why need to worry whether the price goes up or come down??

Its the budget. .if the price went down.we would be looking at a bigger unit..

dtrax
12-06-14, 18:29
Its the budget. .if the price went down.we would be looking at a bigger unit..

Why never cnsider hooting an EC?

yl
12-06-14, 18:48
Why never cnsider hooting an EC?

We did. Not successful...then exceeded the cap.

pmet
12-06-14, 19:09
Seriously, on this forum I've said many times the earlier measures the govt took were not going to work. The main prob was and still is hot money, capital inflow from QE. I wrote a long article on this forum about it. Their ignorance to the problem was just going to cause pain to genuine home owners like you. I sympathize with you but feel it's now too late, you have to ride out the cycle. You also have a part to blame for not listening to Khaw when he said don't buy, wait a little longer. If you had rented, would you have lost less money?

If it's not the TDSR that killed the market, it's going to be tappering (and rates hike). Just wait and see. The govt should have implemented this earlier but Mah was on the helm.

LiveYoung
12-06-14, 19:24
If you are determined to believe that the market bubble will burst, you should have waited longer especially before you decided to buy Vue 8. The market back then already started to show downwards trend with lesser and lesser transaction volume. You are not obliged to buy if you feel the price is not right. And if you don't buy, then don't say I still have to wait long long to buy at fair price. In your case, your age and your desire to have a place called home is a concern which has over the year outgrown the consideration of buying at fair price. You should have done a worst scenario what-if analysis if price will not be corrected 5 years down the road when you first thought of buying property. I know it's hard to swallow this but that's just life. Isn't it? And if you bought a 2nd hand HDB back then, it is actually not certain that you are going to lose money if you want to dump it for upgrade later.At least by doing that, you could have had your sweet home with your loved one much earlier. This is something money can't buy. :)

yl
12-06-14, 20:22
If you are determined to believe that the market bubble will burst, you should have waited longer especially before you decided to buy Vue 8. The market back then already started to show downwards trend with lesser and lesser transaction volume. You are not obliged to buy if you feel the price is not right. And if you don't buy, then don't say I still have to wait long long to buy at fair price. In your case, your age and your desire to have a place called home is a concern which has over the year outgrown the consideration of buying at fair price. You should have done a worst scenario what-if analysis if price will not be corrected 5 years down the road when you first thought of buying property. I know it's hard to swallow this but that's just life. Isn't it? And if you bought a 2nd hand HDB back then, it is actually not certain that you are going to lose money if you want to dump it for upgrade later.At least by doing that, you could have had your sweet home with your loved one much earlier. This is something money can't buy. :)
I only chanced upon this forum after I tired to look for vue 8 Facebook. Then I read on n know more...seems like a lot of people predict the price will fall a lot.

I don't trust him coz all the bloody years the prices never dipped.

Then articles came up.

My partner said it's a self fulling prophecy

If people start to write about this to talk down market it will eventually happen

I believed that from investors pov..u can think rationally.

Imagine how tried we were looking at one flat to another bargain prices go back home do sums..then switched.strategy go look.ec..ballot..then go back to square one n then look at numerous Showflat time n time again.

The prices drop indeed..N so are the sizes.

Why we brought coz we're certain prices will stay elevated.. Not expecting 10 or 20 percent drop in ocr..coz we believed that investors will stay off this region.

How wrong we were.

IsaacTan
12-06-14, 20:38
I only chanced upon this forum after I tired to look for vue 8 Facebook. Then I read on n know more...seems like a lot of people predict the price will fall a lot.

Then articles came up.

If people start to write about this to talk down market it will eventually happen

Imagine how tried we were looking at one flat to another bargain prices go back home do sums..then switched.strategy go look.ec..ballot..then go back to square one n then look at numerous Showflat time n time again.

Why we brought coz we're certain prices will stay elevated.. Not expecting 10 or 20 percent drop in ocr..coz we believed that investors will stay off this region.

How wrong we were.

But to date, did VUE8 unit drop below your purchased price with the same floor size?
You have bought during the early bird launching? Should have some early bird discount for you to ride through this down cycle.....:cool:

Yuki
12-06-14, 20:47

Then articles came up.

How wrong we were.

People buy for varying reasons.

Take comfort that you are not the only one.

Paper loss is transient.. It's only realised when u decide to sell

Although I do agree with you on the bigger room part.

But vue 8 is a good buy..it's really suitable for home stay.

Investors normally hoot the units near mrt.

Units take longer to sell coz I believe many buyers still adopt wait n see attitude.

It's next to OSF.. So I predict that units will get snapped up once the school is In operation next year..

Actually vue 8 is good investment coz just next to sea n school. Amenities too..N I don't think they build accommodation for their staffs..unlike the tampines one.

The developer not so stupid to build so many bigger sized units if they didn't see the demand.

Maybe angmo or expatriate likes to wait last moment?

Plus I think their mentality is wait TOP then buy coz can see the completed units.

Amber Woods
12-06-14, 21:02
Government will stop land sale if prices reach "sensible level" or when no one wants to buy them. This two scenarios are not likely to happen because market forces will be at works.

Before or when prices reach sensible level, demand for home would have increased. Developers will continue to bid for land at more sensible prices if demand continues to be depressed. They can then sell at more sensible prices to boost demand. This is what market forces is all about.

Human behaviour is quite predictable. When prices is going down, most people will not buy for fear of buying an asset while prices continue to fall. When prices keep going up, more people want to buy for fear of loosing the opportunity to buy or fear of buying at much higher price if one waits longer.

The fear of rising price is far greater than the "joy" of buying at lower price and hence as prices continue to rise, more people want to buy. That is why, not many people can beat the market. Those who can are the minority and they are likely the one who sold you that property when fear sinks in. The minority does not follow the crowd.

In year 2012, volume transactions already reduced a lot even though prices continue to rise. It was already sign of market pulling back. In the same year and last year, the rich like Li Ka Shing and many other MNCs were selling their assets or off loading them in the form of REITS, it was quite clear where the property market was heading to.

It is often the common men who end up buying high. This is a fact and only those who understand or has the experience through various property cycles understand. Even then, many people were too slow to react to the market because property is not liquid. By the time they made up their mind to sell it was already too late. Or they refused to accept lower profit or cut losses and hence continuing holding on to their inflated assets not by choice.

Of course, there are many people who are able to withstand any price correction especially those who bought despite all the various cooling measures. These are the people who can ride out the storm.

Thanks Amber for sharing the valuable experience but i do hope gov could slowdown the sell of land. I believe with all the new upcoming BTO, EC & Condo, the supply was already overwhelming.

Yuki
12-06-14, 22:03
Government will stop land sale if prices reach "sensible level" or when no one wants to buy them. This two scenarios are not likely to happen because market forces will be at works.

Before or when prices reach sensible level, demand for home would have increased. Developers will continue to bid for land at more sensible prices if demand continues to be depressed. They can then sell at more sensible prices to boost demand. This is what market forces is all about.

Human behaviour is quite predictable. When prices is going down, most people will not buy for fear of buying an asset while prices continue to fall. When prices keep going up, more people want to buy for fear of loosing the opportunity to buy or fear of buying at much higher price if one waits longer.

The fear of rising price is far greater than the "joy" of buying at lower price and hence as prices continue to rise, more people want to buy. That is why, not many people can beat the market. Those who can are the minority and they are likely the one who sold you that property when fear sinks in. The minority does not follow the crowd.

In year 2012, volume transactions already reduced a lot even though prices continue to rise. It was already sign of market pulling back. In the same year and last year, the rich like Li Ka Shing and many other MNCs were selling their assets or off loading them in the form of REITS, it was quite clear where the property market was heading to.

It is often the common men who end up buying high. This is a fact and only those who understand or has the experience through various property cycles understand. Even then, many people were too slow to react to the market because property is not liquid. By the time they made up their mind to sell it was already too late. Or they refused to accept lower profit or cut losses and hence continuing holding on to their inflated assets not by choice.

Of course, there are many people who are able to withstand any price correction especially those who bought despite all the various cooling measures. These are the people who can ride out the storm.

Many people buy for various reasons.

That being said...after reading so many comments by so many forummers here...A general feeling is that parking the money in a property is still better than let it rot in the bank?

So if the price dipped by 10% or even 20%, doesn't it still translate to rotten even more away compared to placing in bank??

Someone also shared views that mass printing of money means that money getting smaller...so the price we paid is not overpriced?:confused:

Your view pls.

Nonetheless...lastly, just to share after undergoing 2 deaths in my family...I feel that placing too much emphasis on the tangible asserts we have is not healthy.

Lost sight of many things in live.

Something to ponder...

If you only have 10 years to live...I doubt you want to wait for another 5 years just so for the price to start correcting before you start sharing your life with your loved one.

No one can predict what will happen. Today, tomorrow or in near future.

No one...so just focus on what you have at hand.

pmet
12-06-14, 22:12

Yes, want to make money, one mustn't follow the crowd. If one buys due to pressure, that's following the crowd. Now the majority must repent. However, since he's not out to make money, he doesn't have to think this way. Just like why I bought 3 units @ J Gateway and returned 2 immediately after announcement of TDSR.

IsaacTan
12-06-14, 22:44
Yes, want to make money, one mustn't follow the crowd. If one buys due to pressure, that's following the crowd. Now the majority must repent. However, since he's not out to make money, he doesn't have to think this way. Just like why I bought 3 units @ J Gateway and returned 2 immediately after announcement of TDSR.

Isn't that J Gate price get jacked up a lot since the launch?
I think you will be richer by now if you still hold the 3 units (believed you're already rich since you could grab 3 units at the same time).....

Past few years, price was sky high because there are many people grabbing few units at the same time then resale it to flip the profits.

How nice to have capital. More capital also means more bargaining power and more choices. Complying also to the theory the rich get richer .....:)

Amber Woods
12-06-14, 22:52
Many people buy for various reasons.

That being said...after reading so many comments by so many forummers here...A general feeling is that parking the money in a property is still better than let it rot in the bank?

So if the price dipped by 10% or even 20%, doesn't it still translate to rotten even more away compared to placing in bank??

Someone also shared views that mass printing of money means that money getting smaller...so the price we paid is not overpriced?:confused:

Your view pls.

Nonetheless...lastly, just to share after undergoing 2 deaths in my family...I feel that placing too much emphasis on the tangible asserts we have is not healthy.

Lost sight of many things in live.

Something to ponder...

If you only have 10 years to live...I doubt you want to wait for another 5 years just so for the price to start correcting before you start sharing your life with your loved one.

No one can predict what will happen. Today, tomorrow or in near future.

No one...so just focus on what you have at hand.

It makes more sense to leave money in the bank for the SHORT TERM if the market is not favourable for property investment.

Say you put $1m in the bank to earn 1% interest (interest earned is $10,000) is still better than buying a $1m property and its value reduces by 20% in a year time. Put it another way, if you could buy the same property for $800K instead of $1m, you actually save or earn 200K. So losing 200K is certainly worst off than gaining $10k in bank interest. Buying at the wrong side of the property cycle can be very costly.

When people say putting money in the bank to rot, just smile. You know what you are doing.

Money printing is just another monetary policy to fix the crippled economies. It affects interest rate, exchange rate, inflation/deflation, unemployment etc etc etc. It causes asset bubble and inflation and can become unsustainable if not manage properly. If it cause asset inflation, removing it should have the opposite effect by logical reasoning.

If you are 30 something, you need to plan longer. You will experience a few more property cycles. You have time on your side to learn and make better decisions. If you can really be happy with what you have now, than move on with your decision and live happily. Do not be too upset with your falling asset prices.

Yuki
12-06-14, 23:11
It makes more sense to leave money in the bank for the SHORT TERM if the market is not favourable for property investment.

Say you put $1m in the bank to earn 1% interest (interest earned is $10,000) is still better than buying a $1m property and its value reduces by 20% in a year time. Put it another way, if you could buy the same property for $800K instead of $1m, you actually save or earn 200K. So losing 200K is certainly worst off than gaining $10k in bank interest. Buying at the wrong side of the property cycle can be very costly.

When people say putting money in the bank to rot, just smile. You know what you are doing.

Money printing is just another monetary policy to fix the crippled economies. It affects interest rate, exchange rate, inflation/deflation, unemployment etc etc etc. It causes asset bubble and inflation and can become unsustainable if not manage properly. If it cause asset inflation, removing it should have the opposite effect by logical reasoning.

If you are 30 something, you need to plan longer. You will experience a few more property cycles. You have time on your side to learn and make better decisions. If you can really be happy with what you have now, than move on with your decision and live happily. Do not be too upset with your falling asset prices.

Yes indeed makes sense.

Let's say..how about long term?

In 10 years time..after buying now at the 'wrong' cycle?

pmet
12-06-14, 23:20
Isn't that J Gate price get jacked up a lot since the launch?
I think you will be richer by now if you still hold the 3 units (believed you're already rich since you could grab 3 units at the same time).....

Past few years, price was sky high because there are many people grabbing few units at the same time then resale it to flip the profits.

How nice to have capital. More capital also means more bargaining power and more choices. Complying also to the theory the rich get richer .....:)

Think all of us here are rich at some point of time. I've not seen any profitable flips @ J Gateway. I made a calculated move and decided that it wouldn't be profitable in the mid term for me to hold the other 2 units. Anyway, I'm in for long term investment and not after peanut gains from flipping (although I must admit that I've flipped several properties in the past and they barely made me any money). I'm holding the PH for own stay and not thinking of liquidating even if there's a huge profit on paper, and I certainly won't think about the loss.

My point is, I certainly won't follow the crowd for investments and prefer to go against it. But for own stay, if I get my choice unit, anything is ok.

pmet
12-06-14, 23:24
Yes indeed makes sense.

Let's say..how about long term?

In 10 years time..after buying now at the 'wrong' cycle?

Sure make money, but you make much less than those who bought at the right time. Ask those who bought during 1997, how much have they made after interest? Compare those who bought after the AFC.

hyenergix
12-06-14, 23:30
Think all of us here are rich at some point of time. I've not seen any profitable flips @ J Gateway. I made a calculated move and decided that it wouldn't be profitable in the mid term for me to hold the other 2 units. Anyway, I'm in for long term investment and not after peanut gains from flipping (although I must admit that I've flipped several properties in the past and they barely made me any money). I'm holding the PH for own stay and not thinking of liquidating even if there's a huge profit on paper, and I certainly won't think about the loss.

U tend to let go too soon. JG will hit new high upon TOP.

pmet
12-06-14, 23:33

You have potential to be king of gambler @ MBS or RWS. Flipping for peanut is not my idea of making money. Too much risk for too little money.

IsaacTan
12-06-14, 23:42

Agreed because Jurong will be the next town in future....;)

hyenergix
13-06-14, 07:51
You have potential to be king of gambler @ MBS or RWS. Flipping for peanut is not my idea of making money. Too much risk for too little money.

Thanks for compliment. Not sure what inspired you to book 3 units in e first place.

JLD will take a few more years to grow its commercial aspect. ERP gantries are politically sensitive to install but have been recently placed closer to JLD. They are a sign of what are coming.

I'm not vested directly in JLD.

yl
13-06-14, 10:39
But to date, did VUE8 unit drop below your purchased price with the same floor size?
You have bought during the early bird launching? Should have some early bird discount for you to ride through this down cycle.....:cool:

No..no price drop ...pls dun misunderstand.

Am just lamenting how frustrating these few years. Buy liao read how people hoped for the crash etc etc made me very negative towards everything relating to property purchase nowadays.

I always thought buying house is a happy affair.

From what we had experienced so far for these years...n how the senior old birds said we..especially genuine homebuyers at this stage.. should have expected it..lose money..reinforced this view. Thats all.

IsaacTan
13-06-14, 11:38
No..no price drop ...pls dun misunderstand.

Am just lamenting how frustrating these few years. Buy liao read how people hoped for the crash etc etc made me very negative towards everything relating to property purchase nowadays.

I always thought buying house is a happy affair.

From what we had experienced so far for these years...n how the senior old birds said we..especially genuine homebuyers at this stage.. should have expected it..lose money..reinforced this view. Thats all.

Agreed....i were quite neutral on this. Do not wish the price to crash nor the spike sky high.
I just wish the price to grow healthily. At least we knew the thing that we bought actually worth something even though it was just on paper.

Rich people like "pmet" that could afford buying 2 -3 houses in 1 shot was really jacking up the price..... LOL:D

Yuki
13-06-14, 22:01
From home n decor

http://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/blogs/property-investing-near-international-schools

PROPERTY: Investing Near International Schools
20 Feb 2014 09:56

By Stella Thng

Savvy investors have long been clued in on this fact: Just as Singaporean homeowners like buying a property near a good school, many expats with school-going kids prefer a home near an international educational institution, too. Schools form a vital part of a foreign community’s backbone, especially for those arriving in a strange new land with little ones.

Besides appreciating the convenience of shorter travelling times to school, especially during morning peak hours, expats also find it easier to meet and bond with other families from the same community, with kids who attend the same educational institutions.

Interestingly, most local investors don’t consider proximity to an international school a top priority. Traditionally, investors prefer to buy near MRT stations and good amenities to cater to a wider expat crowd. However, real estate agents agree that being close to international schools is certainly a plus if you want to attract expat families with a bigger budget. Here’s what you need to know.

EXPATS WITH FAMILIES ARE WILLING TO PAY – FOR THE RIGHT HOME
It’s true that many expats are hired on local terms or given a smaller housing allowance these days. However, those who can afford to uproot their family and relocate to Singapore usually hold more senior posts and thus have bigger budgets. Some are on a corporate lease, which is often more generous than a personal lease, says Richard Choke, a consultant from expat specialist Citiprop Property Management. He recently helped a British family look for a suitable house in Portsdown Road. “Their key criteria is to stay close to Tanglin Trust School,” says Richard, who worked with a budget of $10,000 to $12,000 per month.

Eric Leow, a corporate accounts director with Meyzer Properties, has eight years’ experience working with expats. He says: “As long as there is a good and reliable school bus service to and from school for the kids, seasoned expats value other factors just as much – community support in an expat neighbourhood, amenities that cater to their lifestyle, and convenient public transport including taxis and the MRT.”

EXPAT FAMILIES PREFER HOMES WITH AT LEAST TWO BEDROOMS
Leave the shoebox units to the swinging single or yuppie couple. “Most expat families with one or two children rent condominium apartments with at least two bedrooms, unless their accommodation allowance is generous enough for a house,” shares Richard. “Many also want a spare room as a guestroom for visiting family and friends, or a study or play room for their children.”

Case in point: The British family he works with is currently staying in a condominium. After two years there, they’re now looking for a four-bedroom landed property with a pool and garden so the family of five, their large pet dog and domestic helper can all enjoy more space.

LEASEHOLD OR FREEHOLD MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO THE TENANT
A 999-year or freehold property usually fetches a premium over its 99-year counterpart when you are buying or selling. But for the expat tenant, that doesn’t make any difference, points out Richard. What expat families look for are convenience and the facilities your condo offers. Got a tight budget? If you are investing primarily for rental yield, it may make more sense to stretch your dollar with at least a two-bedroom unit in a 99-year project with a nice pool, playground, barbecue pits and gym, rather than a freehold walkup apartment without any facilities.

REMEMBER THAT KIDS COME WITH THE PACKAGE
Some landlords are fussy about keeping their hardwood floor unscratched or their walls pristine, and may prefer not to rent to families with young children. If you are targeting expat families, this may be part of the deal. “The good news is that families tend to make more loyal tenants,” says Richard, who knows of several clients who have renewed their lease as they were comfortable with their home, neighbourhood and landlord.

They are also more willing to pay a reasonable increase in rent, unlike single or coupled expats who may shop around more for cheaper deals. Shernice Gow, marketing director of Century 21 Alliancz Real Estate, notes: “If they’re happy and comfortable, expats with families would rather pay a bit more than spend time and money looking for another apartment and hiring a mover.”

KNOW THE PROS AND CONS OF RENTING TO STUDENTS
If you have a condo apartment near tertiary institutions such as NUS and NTU, you may attract foreign students who prefer to pool their funds and rent a nicer place instead of living in a hostel. However, some landlord worries include loud noise (which might annoy the neighbours) and poor maintenance.

Others are wary that the students may secretly sublet to friends so as to split the rent between more people. More people means more wear and tear, too. On the plus side, if you are willing to rent to students, you will always have a steady stream of tenants as long as the school doesn’t move location. Chances are they’ll also be somewhat less picky about the condition of your property.

Yuki
13-06-14, 22:18
Home n decor

http://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/blogs/property-get-most-out-your-rental-property

PROPERTY: Get most out of your rental property
06 Feb 2014 08:30

By Stella Thng

Many of us dream of having a “1+1”, i.e. owning your home in addition to a second property to let for passive income. The key thing about letting your property is, of course, to get as much rental yield as possible. Who should you target: families or singles? Western or Asian expats? Is it always necessary to furnish your unit? Here’s what the experts say.

PRICE IT RIGHT
Correct pricing is the most important factor in ensuring you don’t waste precious months waiting for a tenant willing to pay what you’re asking (which may be out of line with the market). Do check with a few property agents about what apartments in your condo are going for, and what your target market is willing to pay. Gone are the days when expats lived the high life and picked the fanciest apartment possible just because they could simply charge it to their company’s account. These days, many are given a fixed housing allowance; some may even be hired on local terms without the allowance.

“For single professionals, paying slightly over $2,000 a month on a small apartment is the norm these days. Those on a lower budget may rent a room or share an apartment with friends,” says Shernice Gow, marketing director at Century 21 Alliancz Real Estate.

Older expats, who are likely to hold higher positions in companies, tend to have fatter budgets. Some are lucky enough to be on a corporate lease. This stable, lucrative arrangement is what most landlords dream of. Experienced landlord Jimmy Ng, for example, has a two-bedroom unit at The Sail which fetches a decent $7,000 on a corporate lease.

KNOW YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
Whether you are targeting tenants of a particular professional class or nationality, singles or families, it pays to know what they need and want. “Singaporeans renting a home tend to stay in the heartlands regardless of where they work because they prefer the bigger size and lower prices,” says Sabestian Mak, a property agent with ERA Realty Network. “However, for expats, it’s all about the right location and unit that best matches their needs and budget.”

Families usually prefer a condominium near to the international schools, with family-friendly facilities such as barbecue pits and a pool for the kids. They’re also hungry for space, especially expats who’ve moved here from Dubai and are used to roomy mansions. “No shoebox units for them – they usually want at least three bedrooms,” says Shernice.

The savvy agent also shares an interesting tip: Should you raise the rent, families usually don’t mind forking out a little more to avoid the hassle of scouting around for another apartment and paying for a mover. While a unit in a prime location is always attractive, families don’t mind not being in the heart of the action as long as the project has facilities that suit the family. “In fact, some prefer not to stay too close to the office. Many like areas such as Novena, Balestier, Toa Payoh or even Tiong Bahru – just four or five stops on an MRT line to their workplace in town. “Unlike singles who like staying near pubs or shopping malls, families tend to look for supermarkets and good food nearby,” says Sabestian.

Singles, especially those who travel frequently for work, want a fuss-free arrangement. They come in with just their suitcases and usually require a fully furnished apartment, says Benjamin Heng, associate marketing director at Propnex.

Owners leasing out shoebox units should furnish it fully to attract such busy singles. They like staying near work, which could be in the suburbs near a business park in Changi or Jurong. Single male tenants in particular prize convenience and a nice environment. “They don’t mind paying more, even if the place is small,” says Shernice. Top must-haves for them include being near an MRT station and food outlets since they don’t usually cook. So, it’s even more attractive if there’s a 7-Eleven in the vicinity. “However, singles are more price-sensitive than families. They can move around every year if they spot a more attractive deal.”

Sabestian also notes that some young expats under 35 prefer condos in central areas such as Clarke Quay, Orchard, Newton and Novena. “Although the rent they pay can get them a bigger unit in the suburbs, they don’t mind living in a smaller place if it’s closer to town and within their budget.”

So, before you leap into that million-dollar investment, ask yourself: Where is your property located? Does it have lifestyle facilities, and is it located close to amenities and schools popular with the type of tenant you are targeting? One landlord with a unit in a condo with a large Japanese community even got her agent to co-broke it with Japanese agents, and managed to lease out her apartment to a Japanese expat family within a week for a better-than-average rental.

When all’s said and done, your property’s location and the rental you’re asking for are still the key considerations for most tenants. Before you start targeting tenants, take a good, honest look at your property and what you have to offer.

Yuki
13-06-14, 22:20
Came across these while browsing Home and Decor. Enjoy!

Rockstone
16-06-14, 09:36
Came across these while browsing Home and Decor. Enjoy!

Thanks.. :cool:

Yuki
18-06-14, 18:27
There were 13 transactions in may..but only 1 logged the caveat with ura. That means most probably 12 buyers paid fully in case...wow..

Rockstone
20-06-14, 07:51
There were 13 transactions in may..but only 1 logged the caveat with ura. That means most probably 12 buyers paid fully in case...wow..

May be teachers from OFS?

Strata
20-06-14, 09:03

There will be more Ang mo families in Pasir Ris in future.

Btw, any local families have sent their child to International School for education instead of going to local school?

Does OFS accept local? What is the school fees like?

Yuki
20-06-14, 09:43

This project is under valued. ..think most not so savvy investors only prized projects next to mrt.

To cite an example...do you know how much an ofs kindergarten teacher makes?

Positions for Early Childhood Teachers to start 1st August 2014.

The OFS Kindergarten is seeking enthusiastic Teachers, with Bachelor degree in Education and Recent Early Childhood qualifications and experience, for full time teaching positions. IB/PYP experience especially useful.

OFS will move to its exciting new Pasir Ris facility in August 2015, and this is an opportunity to join our team. (see ‘New Campus’ on this website).

Terms of employment:

2 year contracts
School hours: 9.00 am - 3.30 pm
Teacher Duty hours: 8.30 am - 4.00 pm
Academic Year 180 days per annum
Overseas Teacher applications are welcome (package includes airfares, relocation expenses and accommodation)
Attractive terms of employment
Current Kindergarten Salary Scale ( Per month based on years of experience)

1 or 2 years S$ 6,700.00
3 or 4 years S$ 7,300.00
5 or 6 years S$ 7,800.00
7 or 8 years
S$ 8,500.00

9 plus S$ 9,000.00

They make some serious money ok.

My pay really peanuts compared to a kindergarten teacher. Really wrong line.:banghead:

The investors this project damn smart. Why only look at mrt when u have a big pool of very rich tenants literally next door?

IsaacTan
20-06-14, 10:01
This project is under valued. ..think most not so savvy investors only prized projects next to mrt.

To cite an example...do you know how much an ofs kindergarten teacher makes?

Positions for Early Childhood Teachers to start 1st August 2014.

The OFS Kindergarten is seeking enthusiastic Teachers, with Bachelor degree in Education and Recent Early Childhood qualifications and experience, for full time teaching positions. IB/PYP experience especially useful.

OFS will move to its exciting new Pasir Ris facility in August 2015, and this is an opportunity to join our team. (see ‘New Campus’ on this website).

Terms of employment:

2 year contracts
School hours: 9.00 am - 3.30 pm
Teacher Duty hours: 8.30 am - 4.00 pm
Academic Year 180 days per annum
Overseas Teacher applications are welcome (package includes airfares, relocation expenses and accommodation)
Attractive terms of employment
Current Kindergarten Salary Scale ( Per month based on years of experience)

1 or 2 years S$ 6,700.00
3 or 4 years S$ 7,300.00
5 or 6 years S$ 7,800.00
7 or 8 years
S$ 8,500.00

9 plus S$ 9,000.00

They make some serious money ok.

My pay really peanuts compared to a kindergarten teacher. Really wrong line.:banghead:

The investors this project damn smart. Why only look at mrt when u have a big pool of very rich tenants literally next door?

Aiya Yuki...dont :banghead:. Every field got its own talent. As people always say " Hang Hang chu zhuang yuen" :ashamed1:

Honestly speaking, their pay was higher than most engineers and equivalent to some managers.

Wow, so Stratum and VUE8 will be like hot cake. Actually can tell because the selling rate suddenly spike up after the announcement of OFS.
But after the announcement of TDSR, saw the price drop by about $40psf......

Good for you that you own a unit with Vue8 ;)

Yuki
20-06-14, 10:42
Aiya Yuki...dont :banghead:. Every field got its own talent. As people always say " Hang i manaHang chu zhuang yuen" :ashamed1:

Honestly speaking, their pay was higher than most engineers and equivalent to some managers.

Wow, so Stratum and VUE8 will be like hot cake. Actually can tell because the selling rate suddenly spike up after the announcement of OFS.
But after the announcement of TDSR, saw the price drop by about $40psf......

Good for you that you own a unit with Vue8 ;)

I managerial but pay cant be compared to a kindergarten teacher...how to not dui??:tongue3:

I didnt eye this area. .my mum did. :) as long she likes the area can liao.

Where to look at how much price has fallen? $40 psf is a lot. $30k for a two bedder n 40k for a three bedder n so on.

I prefer tenants near schools coz they tend to take care of the units better. For those units near mrt ones. .tenants most likely be mixture single. .couple students you name it. Although bigger pool but unlikely the tenants for long term.
The upkeep of such units will be sn issue.

IsaacTan
20-06-14, 11:25
I managerial but pay cant be compared to a kindergarten teacher...how to not dui??:tongue3:

I didnt eye this area. .my mum did. :) as long she likes the area can liao.

Where to look at how much price has fallen? $40 psf is a lot. $30k for a two bedder n 40k for a three bedder n so on.

I prefer tenants near schools coz they tend to take care of the units better. For those units near mrt ones. .tenants most likely be mixture single. .couple students you name it. Although bigger pool but unlikely the tenants for long term.
The upkeep of such units will be sn issue.

But those pay they assume was for EXPAT....Ang Mo mah...So, dont dui.
Dunno is it true or not people always tend to think expat can do a better job than local :rolleyes:

Good that your dearest mum bought a unit.Then she could harvest the income very soon.

For the pricing, actually i just refer to propertyguru. Comparatively on the request price, it actually dropped slightly compare to few months back.

Yuki
22-06-14, 23:16
But those pay they assume was for EXPAT....Ang Mo mah...So, dont dui.
Dunno is it true or not people always tend to think expat can do a better job than local :rolleyes:

Good that your dearest mum bought a unit.Then she could harvest the income very soon.

For the pricing, actually i just refer to propertyguru. Comparatively on the request price, it actually dropped slightly compare to few months back.

By Dec 2015, the takeup rate of the real estate in Singapore should pick up. Think the OSF also have students from the ASEAN countries.

http://www.joneslanglasalleblog.com/APResearch/public-policy/aec-2015-and-its-impact-on-asean-real-estate

"AEC 2015 And Its Impact On ASEAN Real Estate
June 5th, 2013 by Dr. Chua Yang Liang
The Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) comprises ten diverse nations with a myriad of languages and cultures, and has been around since 1967. In November 2007, the ASEAN leaders adopted the ASEAN Economic Blueprint – a master plan to guide the integration of the regional economies into a single market and production base – and agreed to the establishment of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) by 2015. If this is achieved, it provides businesses with seamless access to a market of over 600 million people – 8% of the world’s population – living in a land area of 4.46 million sq km. From the real estate perspective, this integration could improve regional connectivity in terms of investment in roads and rail transport networks, and further the growth of the local urban development and real estate markets.

The AEC goal of enhancing the mobility of skilled labour will be the catalyst for the exchange of best practices across ASEAN. Urban design and development will benefit from these exchanges. Greater innovation is expected as the mature cities move up the value chain, as rising pressure from limited and costly land and labour resources force these mature cities to increase their productivity in terms of construction processes and building efficiency. The construction industry will rely more on labour sourced within rather than outside ASEAN.

The primary concern of companies and investors is to maximise profits and reduce costs. Therefore, areas with lower production costs will draw lower-end production away from costlier regions. The recent outflow of industrial production from China into the emerging markets of Myanmar, Vietnam and Cambodia and the outsourcing of backroom support functions from Singapore to the Philippines are some examples. The industrial assets in higher-cost regions such as Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore will undergo adaptive reuse if not redevelopment, focusing on providing higher value-added products and services while the new industrial estates in the Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam will support lower-end production. As more manufacturers relocate to ASEAN, the demand for industrial and logistic properties should consequentially increase.

Should such a single production base prove successful, the elimination of tariffs on goods and services within ASEAN members will increase the region’s overall economic growth and wealth. The next change could come from the shifting consumption pattern accompanying higher disposable income. There will be more manufacturing and services as investors take advantage of the tariff free region and consumption within ASEAN rises. We already see this happening, especially in Indonesia. The retail market is undergoing a transformation, as consumers armed with higher income are demanding more of a lifestyle-centric shopping experience.

Lastly, with greater ease of capital flow and investments, the level of real estate investment activity is expected to rise in the untapped South East Asian markets as investor appetite grows. The level of capital flow in ASEAN is also likely to rise as and when regulatory barriers are removed.

About the author
Yang Liang Chua is Head of Research for Singapore and South East Asia at Jones Lang LaSalle."

From Realising the
Asean Economic
Community in 2015 Opportunities for occupiers and investors

"Cross-border real estate investment within the ASEAN region has been concentrated
around Singapore, both as the largest recipient of cross-border investment flows
in the region, but also as the main investor itself within the ASEAN region. These
figures are slightly misleading given the number of institutional investors based out
of Singapore (deploying capital originating from throughout the world). However
the transparent and liquid Singaporean market has certainly been seen as a relative
“safe haven” when compared to some of the additional risks elsewhere.
As the AEC targets are met, the aim of strengthening capital market integration
across the region will boost real estate investment, while bilateral tax agreements
between all the member states will improve transparency and reduce risk.
As capital is more efficiently allocated across the ASEAN countries, and raising
capital across borders becomes easier, we expect investment volumes to increase
and pricing to become more straightforward.
The opportunities therefore for intra-ASEAN investors and for external investors
looking for exposure into this growing market are significant."

:cheers1:

Arcachon
23-06-14, 00:07

Very interesting.

1. It makes more sense to leave money in the bank for the SHORT TERM if the market is not favourable for property investment. Agree sound logical.

2. Say you put $1m in the bank to earn 1% interest (interest earned is $10,000) is still better than buying a $1m property and its value reduces by 20% in a year time. Put it another way, if you could buy the same property for $800K instead of $1m, you actually save or earn 200K. So losing 200K is certainly worst off than gaining $10k in bank interest. Buying at the wrong side of the property cycle can be very costly. Disagree don't sound logical.

Property is about leverage.

Depend on the leverage, your risk and return are different.

Cannot visualise someone who have SGD 1,000,000 put in the bank to earn 1 % interest and wait for durian to fall also don't think can get 1%.

3. When people say putting money in the bank to rot, just smile. You know what you are doing. Wonder how to put money in the bank to rot only know put money in the ground can rot.

4. Money printing is just another monetary policy to fix the crippled economies. It affects interest rate, exchange rate, inflation/deflation, unemployment etc etc etc. It causes asset bubble and inflation and can become unsustainable if not manage properly. If it cause asset inflation, removing it should have the opposite effect by logical reasoning. Don't agree, not logical.

Money printing was started when US remove the World from Gold standard.

After the Second World War, a system similar to a gold standard and sometimes described as a "gold exchange standard" was established by the Bretton Woods Agreements. Under this system, many countries fixed their exchange rates relative to the U.S. dollar and central banks could exchange dollar holdings into gold at the official exchange rate of $35 per ounce; this option was not available to firms or individuals. All currencies pegged to the dollar thereby had a fixed value in terms of gold.[4]

Starting in the 1959-1969 administration of President Charles de Gaulle and continuing until 1970, France reduced its dollar reserves, exchanging them for gold at the official exchange rate, reducing US economic influence. This, along with the fiscal strain of federal expenditures for the Vietnam War and persistent balance of payments deficits, led US President Richard Nixon to end international convertibility of the dollar to gold on August 15, 1971 (the "Nixon Shock").

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_standard

Yuki
04-07-14, 11:07
http://news.efinancialcareers.com/sg-en/169115/how-bankers-children-are-stopping-bankers-shifting-to-jobs-in-hong-kong/

How bankers’ children are stopping bankers shifting to jobs in Hong Kong
by Simon Mortlock
11 April 2014
The children of senior bankers are hampering their parents’ plans to relocate to Hong Kong.

When global banks in Hong Kong want to hire or transfer overseas-based candidates who have children, a shortage of places in the territory’s private schools is increasingly thwarting the move, according to delegates at the recent eFinancialCareers roundtable discussion for senior HR professionals in Hong Kong.

“Not being able to get their kids into school now trumps pollution as the number-one reason why we can’t get people to work for us here,” said one of the roundtable attendees, all of whom asked not to be named in this report.

Related articles:
Investment banks in Asia hiring ‘washed out’ traders for compliance roles, doubling pay
Behold the banks in Asia that buy out deferred bonuses with cash guarantees
Big banks in Asia make surprise confession: “We’re not cutting back on agency recruiters”

While the Hong Kong banking sector’s reliance on foreign talent is in long-term decline, largely thanks to a growing need for Mandarin-language skills and Chinese market knowledge, banks still need to plug skill shortages with foreign candidates, especially in sought-after sectors like compliance and for senior management roles that don’t demand local expertise. International banks also routinely try to shift Singapore-based staff, who have already clocked up Asian experience, into Hong Kong to meet spikes in demand for their skills.

But, according to several roundtable delegates, more and more bankers are refusing to make such a move. “These days, with locals filling most junior roles, it’s mainly senior people we try to relocate. At that level they often have families and as a rule, their families would rather live in Singapore,” said a roundtable attendee from an investment bank. “It’s not just that apartments tend to be bigger over in Singapore and there’s less pollution – try finding a school place for two or three kids in Hong Kong. It’s a big problem; we are losing candidates purely because of schools,” he added.

While the high cost of living in Singapore is dissuading some Western-based candidates from moving there in the first place, those making a straight choice between it and Hong Kong are increasingly opting for Singapore. Internationals schools in the city state are expensive and in high-demand, but the shortage of places is not as acute as it is in Hong Kong. “Both are high-cost, low-tax cities, so they largely cancel each other out in terms of any financial advantage – that’s why factors like schools make such a huge difference,” bemoaned a delegate from another investment bank in Hong Kong.

Banking employees are competing for school places with staff from other sectors whose companies are expanding their headcounts in Hong Kong to tap the mainland China market. As demand for an English-language education rises, international schools in Hong Kong haven’t been able to cope with a record number of applicants, according to a statement released earlier this month from research firm International School Consultancy Group. Global schools in Hong Kong will face a shortfall of 4,203 places for primary-level students alone in 2016-2017, according to Bloomberg.

Banks can’t help you
Lucrative expat benefits packages were consigned to history in 2008 after the financial crisis, so banks in Hong Kong no longer fund “debentures” – down-payments that secure school places. “My message to candidates is that they must now realise that we can’t open doors into schools for them,” said an HR professional from a regional corporate bank who attended the roundtable.

She added that hiring managers at her firm have become reluctant to mention schooling during job interviews with overseas-based bankers lest this prematurely ends their candidacy. “But in HR we ask about their kids’ needs at the start to avoid the trouble of an offer falling through at the last minute.”

A European bank in Hong Kong is offering beleaguered parents a ray of hope. “Because of the delays in people getting their kids into schools here, we now allow more time – usually six to nine months – for an internal transfer into Hong Kong to take place,” said a representative from the bank at the roundtable.

Yuki
04-07-14, 11:09
http://www.relocatemagazine.com/relocation-news/hong-kong-critical-shortage-international-school-places/1287/

Hong Kong: Critical shortage of international school places
According to new figures this week, the shortage of school places in Hong Kong international schools has now reached crisis point.

Rebecca Marriage 2 APRIL 2014
VIEWS: 1636

inShare

Demand for quality international school places still far outstrips supply in Hong Kong. In figures released this week by the International School Consultancy Group, it has become clear that global businesses in Hong Kong, dependent on employee mobility, are seriously concerned that they will not be able to recruit expatriate staff with families.

Hong Kong’s leading international schools are operating at full capacity and many have waiting lists, says ISC. Several schools are already expanding or have plans for expansion, and a number of new school developments are in the pipeline.

Work is about to begin on the expansion of Hong Kong International School; a HK$900m redevelopment plan in Repulse Bay which will provide 200 additional places when construction is complete in 2017.

But, the new school build is unlikely to make a dent in the overwhelming demand for places which is anticipated within the next few years.

Incredibly, in the space of just fourteen years, the number of students has increased by 93 per cent and the number of international schools in Hong Kong has risen from 92 (in 2000) to a current total of 171, but it is still not enough.

Expansion and development of international schools in Hong Kong is controlled by a government tender process; a process which last year, saw a staggering 40 organisations bidding for a couple of sites for new schools.

“Hong Kong international schools are looking towards a period of essential expansion and development as local families become increasingly wealthy and the expatriate market continues to expand,” says Chairman of ISC, Nicholas Brummitt. “The market needs to grow to respond to the demands.”

Rockstone
01-08-14, 14:51
Looks like the school is progressing fast...

Rockstone
08-10-14, 16:35
Any updates? Photos etc?

Yuki
08-10-14, 16:45
Any updates? Photos etc?

Carpark b1 for block 83, 85, 87 and 89 underway. Do you know if its 2 level basement car park for the entire site?

Rockstone
09-10-14, 15:32
Carpark b1 for block 83, 85, 87 and 89 underway. Do you know if its 2 level basement car park for the entire site?

Should be 1 level basement car park.

Yuki
09-10-14, 18:37
Should be 1 level basement car park.

Oh dear.if that's true than the project looks rather "sunken in". :(
I have the photos but need time to upload etc.

Rockstone
15-10-14, 09:59
Unless it is a tall carpark... lol.

The OFS is getting bigger everyday. The school hall on the right side of my block looks big.

Rockstone
15-10-14, 10:02
Their new campus video looks nice.

https://www.ofs.edu.sg/new-campus/

Yuki
15-10-14, 11:31
Unless it is a tall carpark... lol.

The OFS is getting bigger everyday. The school hall on the right side of my block looks big.

I read elsewhere that's 2 level carpark. Anyway for us to verify?

yesnomaybe
17-10-14, 10:58
Vue8 Residence relaunch tomorrow 18th October

New 4 bedroom show unit....

For viewing appointment
Raymond Loke
SLP Scotia

Yuki
17-10-14, 14:58
Vue8 Residence relaunch tomorrow 18th October

New 4 bedroom show unit....

For viewing appointment
Raymond Loke
SLP Scotia

Is it new showroom location but same interior design?

yesnomaybe
17-10-14, 21:27
Is it new showroom location but same interior design?

You can go find out tomorrow for yourself....not sure if its the same interior designer as i was not in the previous team...but its nice for a mass market condo

Yuki
22-10-14, 19:32
You can go find out tomorrow for yourself....not sure if its the same interior designer as i was not in the previous team...but its nice for a mass market condo

Thanks. does vue 8 come with 2 level of basement carpark or only one?

22-10-14, 20:21
Vue 8 foundation works still in progress. Next door OFS is coming up fast, looks on track to complete next year.

Rockstone
23-10-14, 08:22
Vue 8 foundation works still in progress. Next door OFS is coming up fast, looks on track to complete next year.

Thanks for the update pictures.

yesnomaybe
25-10-14, 20:22
Thanks. does vue 8 come with 2 level of basement carpark or only one?

Front part 1 level...back part 2 levels....total 484 'family sized' carpark lots....inclusive of 5 handicapped lots

Vanise
26-11-14, 14:55
Hi, anyone knows what's the progress? Seems slow... Can't even see a level compared to those beside Vue8. Looks like strutum is completing soon too...

Rockstone
26-11-14, 20:09
Hi, anyone knows what's the progress? Seems slow... Can't even see a level compared to those beside Vue8. Looks like strutum is completing soon too...

I normally see the progress via OFS as my unit is near the corner there...

fireflyy
27-11-14, 08:53
I normally see the progress via OFS as my unit is near the corner there...

I like ur very detailed photo:chuncky:

Rockstone
27-11-14, 09:14
I like ur very detailed photo:chuncky:

I didn't this photo, but got it from OFS website - https://www.ofs.edu.sg/new-campus/

fireflyy
27-11-14, 09:29
I didn't this photo, but got it from OFS website - https://www.ofs.edu.sg/new-campus/

Ha...ic... I believe the view is from blk 708?

Vanise
27-11-14, 09:56
Thanks rockstone! Seems like they started on level 1 in the progress. That's a relief thought nothing done due to the poor market now...

Rockstone
27-11-14, 11:07
They should be on track. Normally construction phase from basement to ground floor will take sometime. Once 1st floor up, will be quite fast.
Then, progress payments for next stages will be fast as well ... :cutedoggy:

Patfish
27-11-14, 13:03
They should be on track. Normally construction phase from basement to ground floor will take sometime. Once 1st floor up, will be quite fast.
Then, progress payments for next stages will be fast as well ... :cutedoggy:

Do you know how is the sales progress so far ? Seems like quite slow for this project. Thinking of buying one for own stay.

Rockstone
27-11-14, 14:09
Do you know how is the sales progress so far ? Seems like quite slow for this project. Thinking of buying one for own stay.

Not sure about the sales, haven't visited the showroom since last year. I think they built another new showroom there.

IsaacTan
27-11-14, 15:37

Isn't that the progress was faster than Stratum even thought VUE8 launched later?

Vanise
27-11-14, 16:52
Isit? Past by Stratum can see levels building up but can't see anything from vue 8... If they can top early will be good...

Patfish
27-11-14, 18:47
Isn't that the progress was faster than Stratum even thought VUE8 launched later?

I mean the units sold were slow. Construction progress also slow.

Yuki
27-11-14, 20:57

Have been there a couple times... Sales normal moving..at least it's moving slowly but surely. Think stack 08 has sold quite a fair number of units..was aiming it last time.

Still at basement stage now..but I think coz the plot size is bigger than stratum. ..longer time to finish the basement.

Yuki
27-11-14, 21:02

I wonder if they are starting to build level 1 for blk 83, 85?

Patfish
27-11-14, 21:26
Have been there a couple times... Sales normal moving..at least it's moving slowly but surely. Think stack 08 has sold quite a fair number of units..was aiming it last time.

Still at basement stage now..but I think coz the plot size is bigger than stratum. ..longer time to finish the basement.

Why stack 08 so popular ? Do you think this project can TOP earlier than stated in June 2017 ?

Rockstone
28-11-14, 07:45
I wonder if they are starting to build level 1 for blk 83, 85?

From the picture on the left side, looks like starting the level 1 formwork as per blk 87/89

Yuki
28-11-14, 08:31
Why stack 08 so popular ? Do you think this project can TOP earlier than stated in June 2017 ?

Sea views..Stack 03 and 08 got sea views but 08 is cheaper when compared to stack 03. ;) 3 bedder is more affordable when compared to other bedders facing sea mah..

Yuki
28-11-14, 08:41

Yes definitely top faster than june 17. I estimate end 2016 but we should use flo residence for a more accurate estimate since its also by the same developer.

Rockstone
28-11-14, 10:46
Notice in the picture, if you look at those houses facing the OFS tall buildings, I wonder how they feel...

Patfish
28-11-14, 15:47
Yes definitely top faster than june 17. I estimate end 2016 but we should use flo residence for a more accurate estimate since its also by the same developer.

So flo residence is Top how many months earlier ?

29-11-14, 18:17
Took a picture last weekend and posted it on skyscrapercity forum:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=119484085&postcount=1

chenglinsu
29-11-14, 19:41
Just some random pics from the new show flat. Except for the baby room, all taken at the 3 bedders show flat.

Patfish
05-04-15, 15:27
I just bought a unit. The sales seem slow.

MrTan
05-04-15, 15:55
I just bought a unit. The sales seem slow.

According to ura website, out of 463 units, 200 have been sold cumulatively as at end feb. Total 263 units remain unsold. 2 units have been sold in feb.

so u bought in feb or mar?

Patfish
05-04-15, 17:14
Bought end of last year. There are only 198 units caveat lodged recorded in the ura website. How come you mentioned 200 units.

MrTan
05-04-15, 17:17
Bought end of last year. There are only 198 units caveat lodged recorded in the ura website. How come you mentioned 200 units.

caveats are for those who take bank loans. those who pay in full using cash dun need to lodge caveats. :)

Yuki
10-04-15, 15:25

I wonder how long will this project top? seems very slow
The ec near my place started later but so much faster...

Patfish
10-04-15, 20:05
Which ec ?

Rockstone
11-05-15, 11:23
OFS school looks very nice

radha08
15-05-15, 23:57
OFS school looks very nice

bro 1 year fees $20k...better look nice...:topsy_turvy:

iwantgizmos
16-05-15, 00:34
bro 1 year fees $20k...better look nice...:topsy_turvy:

And that $20k per year fees is just for kindergarten!!!.... Lol...

Source: https://www.ofs.edu.sg/admissions/admission-requirements/

Rockstone
16-05-15, 17:25
And that $20k per year fees is just for kindergarten!!!.... Lol...

Source: https://www.ofs.edu.sg/admissions/admission-requirements/

I think I'll start a foreign school :topsy_turvy:

joe_
21-05-15, 19:34
Hi, im interested in stack 08. Does anyone know which floor onwards will not be blocked by OFS's admin building?

Patfish
21-05-15, 20:47
Think OFS is 12 storey high so must buy above that.

Yuki
21-05-15, 20:47
Hi, im interested in stack 08. Does anyone know which floor onwards will not be blocked by OFS's admin building?

Suggest you go up to the neighboring flats to take a look yourself. Level 8 or 9 onwards should be ok.

I was eyeing on this stack. Think this stack is the most popular but I thought Stack 03 should be pretty good too..but apparently it is not as popular.

Yuki
21-05-15, 20:48
Think OFS is 12 storey high so must buy above that.

Admin block is only about 7 level high. But its ceiling to floor height should be higher than the normal residential ceiling to floor height.

joe_
21-05-15, 21:46
Thank you for all your replies!

microhdb
25-05-15, 08:07
How come developer is now Publique Realty (Pasir Ris) Pte Ltd ? I thought originally it is CDPL ?

MrTan
25-05-15, 08:57
How come developer is now Publique Realty (Pasir Ris) Pte Ltd ? I thought originally it is CDPL ?

Publique Realty = CDPL + ZACD

Yuki
25-05-15, 23:53
Publique Realty = CDPL + ZACD

Yup. Oops think their website got problem.

Strata
26-05-15, 07:15
Admin block is only about 7 level high. But its ceiling to floor height should be higher than the normal residential ceiling to floor height.

You should add 2 more level higher upon your consideration.

IsaacTan
26-05-15, 09:17
HOw's the progress for Vue8?

joe_
11-06-15, 13:09
Hi, does anyone know if the living room and dining for the 3 bdrm unit come with false ceiling? Thanks.

Yuki
11-06-15, 16:42
HOw's the progress for Vue8?

The blocks 89, 87 should have reached 7th floor by this weekend.

Block Blocks99 still working on its "1st" floor.

Yuki
11-06-15, 16:43
Hi, does anyone know if the living room and dining for the 3 bdrm unit come with false ceiling? Thanks.

Iirc only toilets, hallway n kitchen have false ceilings.

shkeat
24-07-15, 18:17
To all Vue 8 owners, let's form a closed group forum for updates and discussion. I've setup a brief Facebook page. Join me there if you like. Search for "vue 8 owner only group" and request for access.

Yuki
24-07-15, 23:59
To all Vue 8 owners, let's form a closed group forum for updates and discussion. I've setup a brief Facebook page. Join me there if you like. Search for "vue 8 owner only group" and request for access.

Could not find it.only see the property agents one. Can post the link here?

shkeat
25-07-15, 03:42
Here's the link
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1451266838512590?ref=bookmarks

shkeat
25-07-15, 03:44
Could not find it.only see the property agents one. Can post the link here?

Here's the link
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1451266838512590?ref=bookmarks

Rockstone
24-08-15, 21:57
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1451266838512590/?ref=br_tf

For non-mobile FB

tonym18
20-01-16, 19:01
Vue 8 Residence Updates:
For more information pls call or PM me @ 9799 9982, Tony M Liaw (Project GL)

The Hidden Gem in the East
62% Sold! Selling Fast!

See your life by the Sea in a Different Light

Choice of 1 to 5 bedroom, 4 bedroom Dual Key & Penthouse

Free Shuttle Bus Service to Pasir Ris MRT
for 1 year from the date of TOP

Next to Overseas Family School TOP Soon 2015
(approx. 600 staffs 4800 students age 3-18yrs)

Sea view units available @ below $1100psf

1-Bedroom Sea View $6XXK where to find?

Star Buy
2Br #10-23 797sf Fr $829,000
3Br #09-24 1033sf Fr $965,000
4Br #04-25 1345sf Fr $1,160,000
PH #16-24 1873sf Fr $1,822,000

Thank You...

mokakopi
20-03-16, 15:37
Vue 8 Residences

http://www.signature-homes.sg/d18-vue-8-residences/

chenglinsu
07-05-16, 21:34
Any update or new pics on the development?

shkeat
06-10-16, 13:47
Any update or new pics on the development?

If you are one of the owner, try checking in the owner only facebook page. We have frequent updates and discussion inside there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1451266838512590/?ref=br_tf

tonym18
30-11-16, 16:10
VUE 8 Selling Fast TOP Q1 2017 (Target)
Another 12 units Sold for Nov.
Balance 72 units. 84.45% Sold

Sold Units
#08-21 : 4rm (Star Buy)
#08-12 : 3rm
#04-29 : 4rm (Star Buy)
#15-04 : 2rm (Star Buy)
#08 & 10-27 : 4rm DK (Last 5 units)
#03-09 : 4rm (Star Buy)
#02-04 : 2rm (Star Buy)
#11-10 : 3rm
#16-10 : Penthouse
#02-07 : 2rm (Star Buy)
#08-10 : 3rm

New star buy for Vue 8

Next to Overseas Family School)
*400m walk to beach!

*where to find a condo next to overseas family school with no hostel to stay in and have 3000+ over students

* SEA VIEW (Selling Fast)
- High rise condominium
- Landed, Sea and Unblocked views

*CONNECTIVITY
- TPE, KPE & PIE

*EDUCATION ENCLAVES
- Overseas International School (Next Door)
- United World college of Southeast Asia
- Singapore University of Technology & Design

*RENTAL & CAPITAL
- Mature estate
- 3 bus stops to Pasir Ris MRT
- Future Mixed Development Integrated with New Bus interchange,
- Existing Pasir Ris Pk and beach to be rejuvenated with more spaces & facilities for recreational & community activities!!!
- Changi Business Park
- Future Changi Airport T5

For more Information, call
Tony M Liaw 9799 9982
PropNex Grp Director

Arcachon
30-11-16, 20:26
Vue 8 Residence @ Pasir Ris Heights D18 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/451695471680122/