PDA

View Full Version : Tanjong Rhu Road Condo

PropertiesHunter
03-05-08, 11:17
I think the best at D15 in at this place call Tanjong Rhu. Expats and foreign favaourable rental or investment area.

Do you agree?

Unregistered11
03-05-08, 17:48
remember to buy your maid a car.

Parfum
03-05-08, 20:46
Free shuttle bus to Millenium walk every half an hour each day. Free shuttle bus to Kallang Leisure Park. Comfort Delgro bus to parkway parade every half an hour at $1.50.

Though I own a car, I seldom drive to these places. Save car park and patrol.

condoinvestor
04-05-08, 14:24
I think the best at D15 in at this place call Tanjong Rhu. Expats and foreign favaourable rental or investment area.

Do you agree?
Totally esp condos that will be close to the ferry terminal when it is ready, 5 mins to marina IR and financial centre, the place will takeoff, esp like costa rhu, pebble bay, sanctuary green and waterplace.

cheers
04-05-08, 15:02
remember to buy your maid a car.

haha! good one! LOL

PropertiesHunter
04-05-08, 17:33
Totally esp condos that will be close to the ferry terminal when it is ready, 5 mins to marina IR and financial centre, the place will takeoff, esp like costa rhu, pebble bay, sanctuary green and waterplace.

Hi condoinvestor,

I also thinking of investing one of this 99 year leasehold since the price had gone down a bit.

You think which of this mention above let one 1 is best. Can give some tips.

]]]]]
04-05-08, 18:06
check out Palazzetto at Tanjong Rhu. 2 bedrooms freehold 820 sqft for sale.

Tanjong rhu
04-05-08, 22:00
For that guy/gal that said get a car for the maid is talking rubbish. Tanjong rhu is only a 5min ride to suntec, 8min ride to tanjong pagar,10min ride to parkway. Has Bus158 which stops at aljunid MRT, has free bus to Suntec area every half hour, has free bus to leisure park, has bus to parkway, has bus to suntec and raffles place.

I think he/she got tanjong rhu mixed up with meyer or amber road.

Tanjong rhu
04-05-08, 22:02
Also before i forgot to say, tanjong rhu was voted best place to rent out for expats on the Straits times.

Tanjong rhu
04-05-08, 22:07
Yes, forgot to mention this as well.

condoinvestor
05-05-08, 20:17
Hi condoinvestor,

I also thinking of investing one of this 99 year leasehold since the price had gone down a bit.

Hi PH,
All four of them is unique in its own way, I have looked at all but Costa Rhu, so cant speak for that, having said that Sanctuary green and water Place is the newest of the four,and pebble bay has a lot of character, so its really a tough choice, but what is more important is getting a good unit whichever condo, you will find it easy to rent or sell in the future.

Tanjong rhu
05-05-08, 21:06
If silversea can sell for $2500psf for the penthouse, tanjong rhu penthouse should cost $3000psf cause it can see the IR, flyer, kallang sports hub and the sea.

DreamHome
06-05-08, 19:24
Hi PH,

I recently bought a condo in Costa Rhu and I am really excited about it. Costa rhu is relatively cheaper than Pebble Bay and Waterplace and with the right unit, you will not be short changed of the view. Of course, the fittings and finishing in Costa Rhu is not as high end as Pebble Bay but at a lower price, it will give me the option to design my own dream kitchen. Another beauty of Costa Rhu is that most units have their own private lift. Hope this helps!!

PropertiesHunter
07-05-08, 11:56
Hi PH,

I recently bought a condo in Costa Rhu and I am really excited about it. Costa rhu is relatively cheaper than Pebble Bay and Waterplace and with the right unit, you will not be short changed of the view. Of course, the fittings and finishing in Costa Rhu is not as high end as Pebble Bay but at a lower price, it will give me the option to design my own dream kitchen. Another beauty of Costa Rhu is that most units have their own private lift. Hope this helps!!

Hi DreamHome,

Can kindly advise what is your psf and how is the size. Bayview price is higher by $$?

Unregistered2
09-05-08, 10:23
Been living here slightly more than 2 years and we love it. Bought a 3 bedroom unit when the price was really cheap in 2005 and then last year (early) bought another 3 bedder at the neighboring condo. Good location with lots of potential (government is spending a lot of money on constructing the surrounding area - Gardens By the Bay, New Stadium, Kallang Reservoir, Shopping Malls, bridge to Suntec, River Taxi to IR, MRT). The good thing is that the price is still reasonable when compared to the other East Coast Properties (some asking for the moon really!)

DreamHome
09-05-08, 11:53
Hi PH,

My unit is 1399 sqft and I bought it for 980psf. I saw a bayview unit. Asking for 1250psf. The view was spectacular but unfortunately the price tag was also out of this world. Decided to forgo the bayview. But you should check out pebble bay. High quality finishing.

09-06-08, 10:24
I have a unit for sale at Tanjong Rhu. What is the current market price now for this area? Mine is just next to the school.

Expats Subordinate
09-06-08, 11:09
One of my ex-expat boss rented a unit at Costa Rhu during 2001 to 2004, I would say the rental yield is pretty good at $4.5K p/mth. Wait no further, if u can afford it, go buy!!

12-06-08, 09:30
Hi condoinvestor,

sanctuary green - decent pool, cosy soothing condo landscaping, certain blocks suffer from highway traffic noise, interiors a little crammed

waterplace - pool area crammed, certain blocks suffer from highway traffic noise, interiors a little crammed

pebble bay - design has character, cosy family condo landscaping, nice finishes, but not all units have good views & are breezy, some a little too dark for my liking, more suited for families with kids, favored by expats

costa rhu - decent pool, nice look-out views and surrounding (but a little too near close-up view, hence no variety in terms of composition; irony - costa rhu & pebble bay plus basin presented as a better and lovely backdrop and views for other condo projects nearby), decent interior layout, location a little too deep.

out of the 4, i'd choose sanctuary green cos its cosy soothing condo landscaping but personally i prefer another nearby project the waterside cos its decent pool, nice views**, big interior layout***. but if to choose for investment, i 'd go for costa rhu cos more room for developer as it sits on its own. on the other hand, if compared to costa del sol and the sea view, the other resort style condo landscaping are more appealing to me (though no mrt access). to rank your chosen 4, sanctuary green, costa rhu, pebble bay then waterplace... need to check out a newly built project there (riveredge) to see how it delivers in reality - sky garden, decent regular layout, breezy, should have good distant look-out views, pool may be a little small, slightly better public transport link...

谭钟汝
13-06-08, 22:12
sanctuary green - decent pool, cosy soothing condo landscaping, certain blocks suffer from highway traffic noise, interiors a little crammed

waterplace - pool area crammed, certain blocks suffer from highway traffic noise, interiors a little crammed

pebble bay - design has character, cosy family condo landscaping, nice finishes, but not all units have good views & are breezy, some a little too dark for my liking, more suited for families with kids, favored by expats

costa rhu - decent pool, nice look-out views and surrounding (but a little too near close-up view, hence no variety in terms of composition; irony - costa rhu & pebble bay plus basin presented as a better and lovely backdrop and views for other condo projects nearby), decent interior layout, location a little too deep.

out of the 4, i'd choose sanctuary green cos its cosy soothing condo landscaping but personally i prefer another nearby project the waterside cos its decent pool, nice views**, big interior layout***. but if to choose for investment, i 'd go for costa rhu cos more room for developer as it sits on its own. on the other hand, if compared to costa del sol and the sea view, the other resort style condo landscaping are more appealing to me (though no mrt access). to rank your chosen 4, sanctuary green, costa rhu, pebble bay then waterplace... need to check out a newly built project there (riveredge) to see how it delivers in reality - sky garden, decent regular layout, breezy, should have good distant look-out views, pool may be a little small, slightly better public transport link...

我也是这样想. Now, the prices for Sanctuary green is the most affordable compared to waterplace.

Unregistered2
13-06-08, 23:27
我也是这样想. Now, the prices for Sanctuary green is the most affordable compared to waterplace.

the latest caveats shows the latest transaction for water place is at $1497 psf and this is for a 1227 sq ft unit. i don't think this size has sea view - more like pool view only.

though i love sanctuary green, i have to admit the finishing at water place is much better.

anyways it is in my best interest to see them both creep up eventually ... haha

PropertiesHunter
25-06-08, 21:57
Decided to be patient and hunt for Costa Rhu or Pebble Bay with Bayview 2rms or smaller.

Petmail
18-08-08, 02:48
I do have numerous costa rhu both for sale or rent. High floor, excellent view, etc. Internal cafe, minimart, salon, etc. Do drop me a line if anyone of you are interested..

buy
21-08-08, 17:17
SC and waterplace both look ok

nicenice
21-08-08, 22:40
love the design of waterplace

Petmail
22-08-08, 01:32
think minimum for those development is 2bedrooms. Studio only applicable for De-Centurion that I am doing now.

By the way, I have a very motivated seller looking to sell her 2+1 1399sqft @ only $900psf only. Call now before its gone!

:)
Pet

going south
22-08-08, 08:25
think minimum for those development is 2bedrooms. Studio only applicable for De-Centurion that I am doing now.

By the way, I have a very motivated seller looking to sell her 2+1 1399sqft @ only $900psf only. Call now before its gone!

Pet

I can get units for below $850psf and prices still going down, $900psf is expensive in these days context.

Petmail
03-10-08, 04:22
Latest unit for sale in costa rhu with beautiful pool, bay & sgflyer view! Going at unbelievable price below bank valuation. Call me to get a fast deal!! highest offer secures!

Petmail
03-10-08, 04:37
Sorry! Forgotten to indicate my mobile: 82818888!

Cheers!
Pet

Petmail
03-10-08, 04:41
I can get units for below $850psf and prices still going down, $900psf is expensive in these days context.

Think there are only one off case of this below 850psf by looking at all the transactions.

:)Pet

PropertiesHunter
03-10-08, 08:29
Think there are only one off case of this below 850psf by looking at all the transactions.

With the release of downside on Private Property yesterday by URA.S$850psf and below is still possible from now.

Cheap agent
03-10-08, 09:53

Another cheap agent here to do free advertisements. Or are you agent Joe? Long time never see him here? Change nick? haha

Petmail
03-10-08, 14:14
Another cheap agent here to do free advertisements. Or are you agent Joe? Long time never see him here? Change nick? haha

I am not Joe. I am myself and I do have one last unit of costa rhu unit for sale!

Propertieshunter:
BTW, if you wanna try at what you think of the price, I can try only with your cheque presentation to my client.

Cheers!
Pet

Joe6816
04-10-08, 20:10
I am not Joe. I am myself and I do have one last unit of costa rhu unit for sale!

Propertieshunter:
BTW, if you wanna try at what you think of the price, I can try only with your cheque presentation to my client.

Cheers!
Pet

Joe is here. Always joe6816:)

Un1234
06-10-08, 23:05
Any updates?

Petmail
07-10-08, 01:56
Any updates?

Hi bro, what kinda update are you looking forward to?

Pet

sufri
13-06-09, 22:55
Hi guys, do u know of any units at costa rhu with bayview up for sale?

Conservative
26-06-09, 13:22
Hi Sufri, yes there is and all asking around $850psf now. Am looking for 1 myself too.

hovivi
01-08-09, 15:16
need some advice. On the verge of offering $910psf for a small 2 bed unit at sanctuary green. Any views appreciated. No seaview.

Douk
01-08-09, 15:24
need some advice. On the verge of offering $910psf for a small 2 bed unit at sanctuary green. Any views appreciated. No seaview.

never step into sanctuary green, but i notice during feb-apr period, sanctuary green is selling at 600+psf, worst than the older costa rhu in same area. this is almost the same price for old 99LH condo such as MG or BP. better find out more about this project before committing.

hovivi
01-08-09, 15:55
owner wanted $1k psf! Lotsa ppl selling sanc green vs other projs, dunno why. Price oso lower than others.

Chan F M
16-08-09, 08:50
Have you seen photos of the Stadium MRT Station? Looks like it will be quite a sight. Probably going to be quite special.

http://phayung.blogspot.com/2009/02/singapore-stadium-mrt-station-by-woha.html (http://phayung.blogspot.com/2009/02/singapore-stadium-mrt-station-by-woha.html)

http://www.e-architect.co.uk/singapore/stadium_mrt_station.htm (http://www.e-architect.co.uk/singapore/stadium_mrt_station.htm)

flxcat
22-08-09, 01:01
owner wanted $1k psf! Lotsa ppl selling sanc green vs other projs, dunno why. Price oso lower than others.

SG is one of the newer condo in this area, tho Waterplace is the latest of all. Believe the owner bought the unit at launch time was much lower, if recall might be during yr 2000-2001.

SG generally has smaller size unit e.g 2bedder 775sf to 850sf, hence compare to Pebble Bay, Costa Rhu >1000sf. Hence overall $ quatum for a unit is lower.

Coupling both the above consideration, owner do see the profit selling at this juncture as compared to other projects in this vincinity.

Would consider this area for its future potential when stadum is re-developed, Garden by Bay, pedestrian bridge crossing over to flyer, water taxi.

Just my 2cents inputs.

Chan F M
26-08-09, 07:26
SG is one of the newer condo in this area, tho Waterplace is the latest of all. Believe the owner bought the unit at launch time was much lower, if recall might be during yr 2000-2001.

SG generally has smaller size unit e.g 2bedder 775sf to 850sf, hence compare to Pebble Bay, Costa Rhu >1000sf. Hence overall $ quatum for a unit is lower.

Coupling both the above consideration, owner do see the profit selling at this juncture as compared to other projects in this vincinity.

Would consider this area for its future potential when stadum is re-developed, Garden by Bay, pedestrian bridge crossing over to flyer, water taxi.

Just my 2cents inputs.

Hi,

Do you have any info when the pedestrian bridge and water taxi facilities will be completed? I am interested in Tanjong Rhu area for investment. The problem with T Rhu is that it is not very accesible.

blackswan
26-08-09, 12:00

Just my 2cents inputs.

Sorry, just to check where can I find the info on the bridge linking TR to Flyer. Tried to Google in numerous ways back unsuccessful. Thanks.

gfoo
26-08-09, 12:04
Sorry, just to check where can I find the info on the bridge linking TR to Flyer. Tried to Google in numerous ways back unsuccessful. Thanks.

see the map i posted

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=7808&page=17

Chan F M
26-08-09, 12:28
Thanks for the map.

Any idea when it will be built? There is no sign of it yet.

blackswan
26-08-09, 12:40
see the map i posted

Xie Xie Da Ge

Allthepies
26-08-09, 12:44
most properties there are 99-year lease, so wonder whether good for investment??? think only ParkShore is freehold, but seems nobody here mention about this condo. How is it compared to the other 99-year properties in that area?

gfoo
26-08-09, 12:57
most properties there are 99-year lease, so wonder whether good for investment??? think only ParkShore is freehold, but seems nobody here mention about this condo. How is it compared to the other 99-year properties in that area?

Very badly maintained.

passivity
26-08-09, 13:51
What about Riveredge? Think this one is isolated from the bunch. Maybe that's why it costs lesser.

flxcat
26-08-09, 23:34
see the map i posted

Just to share, there is a updated map based on 2008 masterplan. Correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/mp08/map.jsf?goToRegion=C

flxcat
26-08-09, 23:39

There are indeed 2 freehold, Parkshore and Camlot.

Parkshore all views are blocked by SG and Pebble Bay. As for the side facing the bare patch, will be blocked once gov open tender for the land next to it.

My opinion, SG is the most affordable.

gfoo
27-08-09, 00:11
well, once ecp traffic is rerouted to the marina expressway, the stretch after sheares bridge will become sheares avenue and hopefully, less dense traffic

proud owner
27-08-09, 00:16
There are indeed 2 freehold, Parkshore and Camlot.

Parkshore all views are blocked by SG and Pebble Bay. As for the side facing the bare patch, will be blocked once gov open tender for the land next to it.

My opinion, SG is the most affordable.

camlot FH ? thot is 99 yr

flxcat
27-08-09, 00:34
camlot FH ? thot is 99 yr

You are right, my mistake. camelot is 99 LH

proud owner
27-08-09, 00:42
You are right, my mistake. camelot is 99 LH

a friend of mine bought camlot during launch ...did it up swee swee ..within 6 mths he moved out .. cos an expat fell in love with his ID ..and rented it from him for 7k a mth .. for 2 yrs,,

meanwhie he took the rental to service another landed house outskirt cheap cheap ...which over these years has appreciated tremendously ..

but he moved back in camlot after 2 yrs.. and the mkt rental kept falling and so was the price .. it was only until last couple of years that he took a small loss and sold it ...

i dont know why i tell this story but i guess becos i want to say .. every rally will be followed by a dip ...

and sometimes dip to a point where it cannot go back to previous high ..when it did .. take the chance to sell ..

Chan F M
27-08-09, 07:29
Just to share, there is a updated map based on 2008 masterplan. Correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/mp08/map.jsf?goToRegion=C

Thanks for this.

It shows that the footbridge from Costa Rhu to the Flyer is next to Sheares Flyover.

That is not a bad spot for a footbridge as people can use that footbridge to walk to Marina Bay Sands (via the spiral bridge).

There are quite a number of developments coming to the T Rhu area. Stadium MRT, Gardens By The Bay, Sports Hub, Footbridge, Water Taxis....

Does anyone know whether there are still plans to have a marina on the bay? I saw some URA scale models sometime back showing a bunch of boats moored in the water near Pebble Bay.

Chan F M
28-08-09, 09:15
ST today says that Sportshub will only start construction in Q1 2010 and complete in 2013.

East Coast Boy
29-08-09, 09:40
As prices of new homes rise, investors are turning to auctions and the resale market

INVESTORS who are put off by the exuberant prices of late for newer properties are turning to auctions to pick up older properties that have not quite appreciated in the same way.

Two apartments at Four Seasons Park near Orchard Road and an apartment at The Waterside in Tanjong Rhu have changed hands at auctions this week.

Colliers International sold the pair of neighbouring three-bedroom apartments at Four Seasons Park, on the fifth floor of the development’s Autumn block, for more than $2,100 per square foot each.

The apartments, each of 2,260 square feet, were put up for sale by a mortgagee bank on vacant possession basis. Unit #05-01 was sold for $4.8 million or $2,124 psf, while the next door #05-02 fetched $4.84 million ($2,142 psf).

The two units were bought separately by Singaporeans.

BT understands that the same mortgagor had owned the two properties. According to caveat records, the units were purchased at $3.25 million each, one in August 2001 and the other in January 2002.

In June this year, a 3,821 sq ft unit on the 20th level of Four Seasons Park changed hands at $2,146 psf. In April, a 19th floor unit sold for $1,637 psf.

Jones Lang LaSalle at its auction yesterday sold a 14th floor unit at The Waterside condo in Tanjong Rhu for $2.55 million or $1,190 psf. It was also a mortgagee sale.

At another auction this week, conducted by DTZ, a three-bedroom apartment on the 22nd floor of Spottiswoode Park was sold for $630,000 or $496 psf. The development is on a site with a remaining lease of 66 years.

‘Buyers are turning to the resale market, whether through private treaty or auction, to pick up properties that are more than 10 years old as their prices have not escalated as much as prices for newer properties,’ says Knight Frank executive director and auctioneer Mary Sai.

Landed homes have also been in good demand at recent auctions. A strata bungalow, 261 Northshore, in Ponggol Seventeenth Avenue sold for $1.87 million at Knight Frank’s auction on Aug 20. The freehold property’s built-up area is about 5,500-5,600 sq ft. The property was sold by its owner, who is also in the midst of negotiating the sale of the next door bungalow at 263 Northshore after it was withdrawn at the same auction.

Colliers deputy managing director and auctioneer Grace Ng said: ‘The frustration being faced by those shopping for landed homes is that when they make an offer, sellers often increase their asking prices, which thus becomes a moving target. In contrast, at an auction, once the seller’s target price has been reached, there is certainty the property will be sold to the highest bidder.’

At its auction on Wednesday this week, Colliers sold a freehold semi-detached house at 102 Sunbird Circle, off Upper Changi Road, in District 16 for $1.98 million or $565 psf based on the land area of 3,506 sq ft. The two-storey house has five bedrooms.

At its auction yesterday, JLL sold a third level shop at Sim Lim Square for $2.95 million or $4,282 psf. The 689 sq ft shop (comprising two units – front and back) is near a lift. Sim Lim Square has about 73 years remaining lease.

Also transacted at the same auction were 16 and 18 Tanjong Pagar Road, at $2.48 million. The ground floors of the two-storey conservation shophouses are currently leased to a pub/karaoke lounge while offices occupy the upper level.

The shophouses, which have a single title, have a land area of 1,976 sq ft and have about 90 years remaining lease.

Chan F M
30-08-09, 21:24
Stages 1 & 2 of Circle Line to open in first half of 2010
By Asha Popatlal, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 30 August 2009 2018 hrs

SINGAPORE: The next phase of the Circle Line – Stages 1 and 2 – will start operations in the first half of 2010. Transport Minister Raymond Lim revealed this at a dialogue session in Bukit Panjang on Sunday.

Its exact opening date, however, will only be finalised after engineers complete the necessary tests.

The first five stations on the Circle Line opened for service on May 28. Even though ridership has not been as high as initially projected on the 5.7-kilometre stretch, this could change with the opening of 11 new stations next year.

Stage 1 of the Circle Line starts from Dhoby Ghaut, through MRT stations like Esplanade and Nicoll Highway, and ends at Stadium, while Stage 2 starts from Mountbatten, through interchange station Paya Lebar, and ends at Tai Seng.

The other 13 stations from Marymount to Harbourfront will be ready by 2011. Daily ridership of this 33.3-kilometre line is estimated to be close to half a million when it is fully operational.

gwlip
30-08-09, 21:44
Thanks for this.

It shows that the footbridge from Costa Rhu to the Flyer is next to Sheares Flyover.

That is not a bad spot for a footbridge as people can use that footbridge to walk to Marina Bay Sands (via the spiral bridge).

Ehh... not sure leh. Most of the maps of the Gardens by the Bay and gfoo map seems to indicate the bridge is at the upper left corner of Costa Rhu condo, which is different from the URA Masterplan 08... :beats-me-man:

gwlip
03-09-09, 15:54
Hmmm.. I think apart from Marina Barrage there could be 2 other pedestrian bridges..

http://www.gustafson-porter.com/projects/sgb/sgb_01.htm

"Marina East is most accessible to pedestrians. Visitors will also arrive by passing over the Barrier causeway to the east and two pedestrian bridges. One that is required to pass over the entrance to Kallang Basin to the west and a second slung across the structure of the East Coast Parkway linking the Garden directly to Promenade MRT Station."

Chan F M
03-09-09, 23:43
Hmmm.. I think apart from Marina Barrage there could be 2 other pedestrian bridges..

http://www.gustafson-porter.com/projects/sgb/sgb_01.htm

"Marina East is most accessible to pedestrians. Visitors will also arrive by passing over the Barrier causeway to the east and two pedestrian bridges. One that is required to pass over the entrance to Kallang Basin to the west and a second slung across the structure of the East Coast Parkway linking the Garden directly to Promenade MRT Station."

Well, two footbridges are better than one. It is a good thing that the footbridges are marked on their plan; I would not have guessed where it was from their description.

I suppose the Gardens at Marina East should be completed by 2011? Hopefully, there will also be an announcement soon as to when the Sportshub work will commence.

gwlip
04-09-09, 00:28
Well, two footbridges are better than one. It is a good thing that the footbridges are marked on their plan; I would not have guessed where it was from their description.

I suppose the Gardens at Marina East should be completed by 2011? Hopefully, there will also be an announcement soon as to when the Sportshub work will commence.
Here's a reply I got from Nparks
(note: phase 1 is expected to complete end 2010-2011):
Thank you for your interest in the Gardens by the Bay Development.
Phase 1 of the Gardens development will comprise most of the Gardens at Marina South, including key features such as the Cooled Conservatory Complex, Supertrees, and the various themed gardens. It will also include interim development of parts of the Gardens at Marina East. The full implementation of the Marina East Gardens' masterplan will take place at a later stage.

Meanwhile, here's a link worth checking out
http://www.squintopera.com/#/projects/?id=26
Watch Movie 1 in particular :)

As for the Sports Hub... at least SSC is RECENTLY hiring for it :doh:
http://sg.jobstreet.com/jobs/2009/8/default/20/2126863.htm?fr=J

Chan F M
04-09-09, 12:16
Many thanks for the links to the video.

Marina South gardens look awesome. The video in relation to Marina East and Centre is not quite relevant as Grant Associates' designs are not being adopted for that.

From NParks reply, it does look as if Marina East Gardens will only be completed in 2012 or 2013. I suppose Sportshub will be completed in 2013.

It should all look pretty spectacular then.:spliff:

gwlip
04-09-09, 13:45
Yes I am hoping 2012 or 2013 as well for the East Gardens.
The good thing is that they are not just leaving till after completion of South Gardens to start working on the East Gardens + they have also awarded the design to Gustafson Porter (unlike the Centre Gardens with no award of design yet).. so I do not expect it to be dragged on for too long.

For the Sports Hub.. its a little bit more complicated as its a private+government project... and the private consortium could not raise money during the financial crisis to start work. Its not clear if they have sorted this out yet even with the recent news... nothing seems to be committed :doh:

gwlip
15-09-09, 09:00
I just got a call from URA regarding my enquiry on the pedestrian bridge from Tanjong Rhu. Apparently the current plan is only 1 bridge slightly south of the Benjamin Sheares Bridge (as portrayed correctly by the URA 2008 Masterplan). This will not be done till after YOG as the bridge will block the water games there.

Here's another interesting news though:
Gardens of the Bay - East Gardens.. will be a proper full garden by YOG in support of the games :). It is just that some of the embellishments etc may not be ready in place yet. I think really making use of YOG to showcase Singapore! :cheers6:

Chan F M
15-09-09, 09:34
Hi Gwlip,

That is good news.

Is the YOG in mid 2010? I didn't expect the East Marina Gardens to be so soon.

gwlip
15-09-09, 10:51
Hi Gwlip,

That is good news.

Is the YOG in mid 2010? I didn't expect the East Marina Gardens to be so soon.
Yes it is in August 2010. Me neither.
According to the person I spoke with (and he seemed very knowledgeable), the park would be ready for visitors etc but not "full blown" ready. I asked what he meant by that (if maybe the Gustafson Porter's design elements will be put in later).. he replied we will probably be able to see Gustafson Porter's designs and concepts in place just that certain things/ elements of the park may not be ready (he didn't elaborate much here)

Chan F M
15-09-09, 10:58
According to the person I spoke with (and he seemed very knowledgeable), the park would be ready for visitors etc but not "full blown" ready. I asked what he meant by that (if maybe the Gustafson Porter's design elements will be put in later).. he replied we will probably be able to see Gustafson Porter's designs and concepts in place just that certain things/ elements of the park may not be ready (he didn't elaborate much here)

Tanjong Rhu will be a great place to live....

gwlip
15-09-09, 11:28
Nearest MRT from Tanjong Rhu Gardens area will be the Promenade MRT across the pedestrian bridge.
Here's a map showing the future Downtown line - nice to see Promenade MRT being well connected via the Circle Line and Downtown Line :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0f/Future_MRT_Downtown_Map.jpg

Chan F M
15-09-09, 12:56
Hmm.....I wonder whether it would be nearer to walk to Stadium MRT station instead.

gwlip
15-09-09, 18:51
Really depends on which condo you are at in Tanjong Rhu I guess.. if at Costa Rhu, Promenade is nearer. If at Pebble Bay or others I guess the Stadium MRT should be nearer.

Chan F M
15-09-09, 23:54
Preparations for inaugural YOG on track, says MCYS
By Gladys Ow, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 15 September 2009 2328 hrs
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpqrrl1P.jpg Photos 1 of 1 ">http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/dotline_240.gif

SINGAPORE: Preparations for Singapore's Youth Olympic Games next year are on track.

Community Development, Youth and Sports Minister Dr Vivian Balakrishnan said competition venues, the Youth Olympic Village, the Culture and Education programme, as well as transport and logistic arrangements have all been approved by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).

Upgrading of venues and procurement of equipment are also on schedule.

The IOC has commended the Singapore Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee (SYOGOC) for making good progress despite the very hectic timeline.

Dr Balakrishnan said the SYOGOC is working with the National Sports Associations and other partners to provide opportunities for the public to be part of the Games.

There are plans to bring the official opening ceremony to the masses through community celebrations at various districts. Organisers are also seeking the involvement of the elderly and youths with special needs.

To date, about 15,000 people have signed up as volunteers and will begin their training this month.

On the corporate front, three local companies have signed up as sponsors.

Changi Exhibition Centre will provide a logistic hub during the Games, KhattarWong will provide legal services, while Crocodile International will be the Official Apparel Sponsor.

The Youth Olympic Games is expected to provide significant business opportunities for local Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) to promote their products on a global platform.

And the SYOGOC hopes more companies will come onboard as sponsors. - CNA/vm

gwlip
16-09-09, 23:16
I refer to your feedback dated 15 Sep 2009.

The Singapore Sports Council (SSC) is in contact with the Singapore National Olympic Council (SNOC) with regard to the hosting of SEA Games 2013. Details are currently being finalised and updates would be provided at a later date.

With regards to the Sports Hub project, the negotiations with the preferred bidder, Singapore Sports Hub Consortium, are still ongoing. We do not want to make any public announcements on deadlines at this point in time as it would compromise our negotiating positions. The government is committed to the Sports Hub project and we will provide an update as soon as we have concluded our negotiations.

Thank you for your interest in Singapore Sports.

- Honestly I wasn't expecting much but it seriously sucks that they are STILL in negotiations with the bidder after so long. :simmering:

Chan F M
17-09-09, 09:44
Quite unbelievable. After all this time, they are still.........:simmering:

flxcat
18-09-09, 23:02

Hi gwlip,

Really appreciate your updates.

Indeed Tg Rhu is slowly getting better and better.

Curious once the East Garden is ready by YOG, will there be proper path for a nice stroll along the marina channel to the Barrage? Any info on this? Thanks

flxcat
18-09-09, 23:05
Hmm.....I wonder whether it would be nearer to walk to Stadium MRT station instead.

Had tried from the rest of the condo to Stadium station is ~10-15min walk, but is a nice walk along the kallang basin area.

The only problem is when it rains.... but one cannot have the best of everything rite :)

gwlip
21-09-09, 21:45
Had tried from the rest of the condo to Stadium station is ~10-15min walk, but is a nice walk along the kallang basin area.

The only problem is when it rains.... but one cannot have the best of everything rite :)
Yeah - but walks are nice as its by the water and there is always a cool breeze. When the pedestrian bridge is up, can basically walk from East Gardens to Promenade MRT/ Suntec City in 10-15 mins also :D

gwlip
21-09-09, 21:54
Hi gwlip,

Really appreciate your updates.

Indeed Tg Rhu is slowly getting better and better.

Curious once the East Garden is ready by YOG, will there be proper path for a nice stroll along the marina channel to the Barrage? Any info on this? Thanks

Dunno ... I only spoke to the URA representative over the phone and didn't have time to do a complete Q&A :)
Try writing in and asking some questions - they will call you back
http://www.ura.gov.sg/contactus/contactus_feedback.jsp
Do share the answers you get here :)

Chan F M
22-09-09, 12:59
I read sometime ago that you should be able to walk/jog/cycle to the Barrage from Costa Rhu.

gwlip
22-09-09, 15:17
I read sometime ago that you should be able to walk/jog/cycle to the Barrage from Costa Rhu.
Yes I think so. But I believe the question was if it would be ready by the YOG. I know the East Gardens would be a fully accessible gardens by then but I don't know whether it will be properly connected to the barrage or what features would be available at that time

Chan F M
23-09-09, 17:02
I would be happy if the East Gardens open by August next year. That qould be quite awesome.

gwlip
23-09-09, 19:07
I would be happy if the East Gardens open by August next year. That qould be quite awesome.

I take it you are vested there already ...? ;)

Chan F M
24-09-09, 11:05
Have nervously vested in Pebble Bay....

gwlip
28-09-09, 16:09
My question:
"There has been a lot of press (in the news, videos etc) on what to
expect for the Gardens at Marina South.
However, there has been little much mentioned or highlighted on the
Gardens at Marina EAST apart from your website
http://www.gardensbythebay.org.sg/index.php?p=section&sub=article&articlegrppk=31&articlepk=100

Is there somewhere I can read up more on the details, pictures and
layout of the East Gardens design by Gustafson Porter?"

Answer:
"Interim development of the Marina East Gardens is currently in progress to support the Youth Olympic Games. The full implementation of the Gardens will take place at a later stage. Details such as pictures and layout of the Marina East Gardens will be made available to the public when ready. "

Well at least we got confirmation some amount of East Gardens will be ready by YOG :doh:

Chan F M
30-09-09, 16:42
:doh: From CNA website :

S'pore may not host 2013 SEA Games as building of Sports Hub may be delayed

By Tan Yo-Hinn, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 30 September 2009 1605 hrs
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/php5dEtED.jpg Photos 1 of 1 ">http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/dotline_240.gif
Artist impression of Singapore Sports Hub Group's dome-shaped stadium

SINGAPORE : Singapore's hosting of the 2013 Southeast Asia (SEA) Games may be in doubt after the Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports, Vivian Balakrishnan revealed that the completion of the Sports Hub may be delayed further.

The S$1.87-billion Sports Hub, which is slated to be the main venue for the biennial games, has suffered repeated delays due to the global economic downturn.

While progress has been made to kick-start the project, it may not be completed in time for the 2013 SEA Games.

Dr Balakrishnan said a decision will be made soon on whether to continue with hosting the 2013 SEA Games, or to pass it up and host it in the future, the earliest of which is the 2015 SEA Games.

The Sports Hub, a public-private partnership project, was awarded to the Singapore Sports Hub Consortium last January and is to be built on a 35-hectare site in Kallang, featuring world class facilities, including a 55,000 National Stadium with a retractable roof. - CNA /ls

gwlip
30-09-09, 17:27
Wa lau liddat will be delayed forever man.. :doh:
SSC really doing a horrible job here

august
30-09-09, 22:22
good leh, like this residents there will be spared all the construction hassle and dust..

Chan F M
30-09-09, 22:58
good leh, like this residents there will be spared all the construction hassle and dust..

Construction and dust is temporary but the improved quality of life that it brings to T Rhu is permanent. :cheers6:

gwlip
04-10-09, 21:37
http://sgsportshub.blogspot.com/

Seriously I think only when they begin tearing down the National Stadium can we be sure there will be no more delays. Will be happy if that happens next year.
Otherwise can expect many more last football matches, closing ceremonies etc
:doh:

gwlip
11-10-09, 18:10
Have nervously vested in Pebble Bay....
Steady.. Great choice ... not only I say one hor.. ;)

As rated by singaporeexpats.com:

One of the Best Waterfront Condo
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housing-in-singapore/best-singapore-condo-4.htm

One of the Best Family Condo
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housing-in-singapore/best-singapore-condo-2.htm

gfoo
11-10-09, 18:47
of my 3 fave regions, this is the last bastion of hope.

marina bay - from $1100 to $2800, might be slightly undervalued now, room to grow when the gardens, shopping district is up. mbs pricing will change pricing dynamics there - i'm expecting avg $3300psf

sentosa cove - from $1200 to $3200, too late liao, slightly overpriced

tg rhu - from $600 to $900, still got hope.

Allthepies
11-10-09, 21:30

ha ha we will see :)

Chan F M
12-10-09, 12:54
http://sgsportshub.blogspot.com/

Seriously I think only when they begin tearing down the National Stadium can we be sure there will be no more delays. Will be happy if that happens next year.
Otherwise can expect many more last football matches, closing ceremonies etc
:doh:

Well.....we still have the opening of the Circle Line to look forward to. A friend told me that it could be opened in Q1 next year.

Also, the partial opening of the Marina East Gardens (in mid 2010?) ought to boost the quality of life of T Rhu residents.

Reporter
12-10-09, 13:04
of my 3 fave regions, this is the last bastion of hope.

marina bay - from $1100 to $2800, might be slightly undervalued now, room to grow when the gardens, shopping district is up. mbs pricing will change pricing dynamics there - i'm expecting avg $3300psf

sentosa cove - from $1200 to $3200, too late liao, slightly overpriced

$600 psf?
Tanjung Rhu condo is now selling at Ang Mo Kio 5-year-old EC price?

Wow!
That's cool, isn't it?

http://www.theedgesingapore.com/images/logo_s.png
Prices of Nuovo EC cross $600psf on 'Centro-effect'
The Edge
Monday, 5 October 2009

There’s been a spurt in sales at Nuovo in Ang Mo Kio recently, after the executive condominium (EC) crossed the five-year minimum-occupation period. Seven units changed hands from Sept 4 to 11, according to caveats lodged with URA Realis. In 2006 and 2008, there was only one transaction each, and two deals in 2007. Owners who sold recently are taking advantage of the “Centro-effect”, caused by the launch of giant property developer Far East Organization’s 329-unit Centro Residences in Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8. Units there have been sold at an average of $1,179 psf from its launch in August to Sept 11, according to figures from URA Realis. Between Sept 4 and 11, an 893 sq ft unit sold for $1.07 million, or $1,199 psf.

Given that it’s a private condominium, Centro Residences doesn’t have the same restrictions that Nuovo, an EC, has. Under HDB rules, owners of ECs are only allowed to sell their units to Singapore citizens or permanent residents five years after the project receives Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP), which, for the 297-unit Nuovo, was in 2004. It’s only 10 years after TOP that units in ECs can be traded like any other private condominium in the resale market, with sales to foreigners allowed as well.

However, the owners of Nuovo should be delighted at transaction prices in the range of $477 to $637 psf, as they are the highest achieved since the property was launched at end-2001. Prices at that time were hovering at $400 psf.

For instance, a 1,119 sq ft unit on the ninth floor went for $710,000, or $634 psf. This is a gain of 52% for the original owner, who had purchased it from developer City Developments Ltd (CDL) for $467,276 in 2002. A larger unit on the 17th floor went for $1.2 million, or $477 psf. The 2,594 sq ft condominium was purchased for $812,746 in 2001.

Other condominiums along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 9 have also benefited from the Centro effect, with a unit at Far Horizon Gardens, a condominium completed in the 1980s, changing hands in the resale market at $508 psf last month, the highest price psf achieved in the project this year.

Sellers are also benefiting from the recovery in the residential sector, which saw a marked 15.9% jump in the 3Q residential price index — the largest q-o-q increase seen in the index since 1981, according to URA’s 3Q flash estimate last week. As a result of this big increase, the 3Q price index is now 5.1% below that in 4Q2008 even though it registered a total decline of 18.1% in the first two quarters of 2009. The residential price index is more or less at the levels seen in 2Q2007.

Douk
12-10-09, 15:28
$600 psf?

Wow!
That's cool, isn't it?

now asking >900psf but dont know what is the transacted psf.

gfoo
12-10-09, 17:24
$600 psf?

Wow!
That's cool, isn't it?

$600psf was in May, now it's transacting in the $750-$850 range i believe.

All these new condos in the heartlands are overpriced lah - so many gems in the resale market which people dun bother to research

Reporter
12-10-09, 17:31
$600psf was in May, now it's transacting in the $750-$850 range i believe.

All these new condos in the heartlands are overpriced lah - so many gems in the resale market which people dun bother to research
5-year-old Nuovo EC is also a resale - not a new condo. So it can be used as a comparison with the resales in Tanjong Rhu.

Perhaps the gems in Tanjong Rhu are not as good as those in Ang Mo Kio?

flxcat
12-10-09, 17:48
5-year-old Nuovo EC is also a resale - not a new condo. So it can be used as a comparison with the resales in Tanjong Rhu.

Perhaps the gems in Tanjong Rhu are not as good as those in Ang Mo Kio?

Would view it as a gems to be rediscovery after the last sound of hype on news of new stadium n marina gardens. Still think there are potential in tg rhu

jc
12-10-09, 23:29
Steady.. Great choice ... not only I say one hor.. ;)

As rated by singaporeexpats.com:

One of the Best Waterfront Condo
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housing-in-singapore/best-singapore-condo-4.htm

One of the Best Family Condo
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housing-in-singapore/best-singapore-condo-2.htm

These kind of ranking is really up to the site's owner. U mean u really believe it? Are u local?

gwlip
13-10-09, 00:05
These kind of ranking is really up to the site's owner. U mean u really believe it? Are u local?

Well, it doesn't really matter what I believe does it? I was simply sharing what was published on the site - anyone can choose to agree or disagree.
I take it you are a local who absolutely disagrees with the rankings? Well erm... ok then... good for you! ;)

Chan F M
13-10-09, 14:14
Just looked at URA caveats.

2 more large units at Costa Rhu were done above $1,000 psf. It looks like large units may possibly hit $1,200 psf?

The latest Pebble Bay transaction is a 2,626 sq ft unit done at $1,256 psf.

I, of course, hope that prices will continue firming. Unfortunately, the number of transactions have dropped significantly.

Btw, gwlip, thank you for sharing.

gwlip
13-10-09, 14:46

2 more large units at Costa Rhu were done above $1,000 psf. It looks like large units may possibly hit $1,200 psf?

I, of course, hope that prices will continue firming. Unfortunately, the number of transactions have dropped significantly.

No worries - its what a forum is for. I personally think Tanjong Rhu will be very nice place to stay once the developments are up. Hope it turns out that way :).

Reporter
13-10-09, 16:10

Maybe the firmness in price has got to do with the Sail Effect?

a stack 3 unit was sold at $2699 psf in September ...
... slowly but surely crawing towards $3000 psf again

Oh my goodness!

The Sail resale has hit $2,699 psf in September?

Wow! Congratulations!

Chan F M
13-10-09, 16:32
I am not sure what is the Sail effect... Do you mean that a Sail transaction would affect properties at Tanjong Rhu?

Or more probably, I suppose you mean that that transaction would affect properties within a short distance from the Sail. That is certainly possible....

It is a very impressive price.

gfoo
13-10-09, 16:41
lol there is no Sail effect lah. the max extent it will stretch out to is one shenton.

gwlip
13-10-09, 17:37
lol there is no Sail effect lah. the max extent it will stretch out to is one shenton.

Got la... just different Sail effect ... in future can sail at the East Gardens ma.. :D

flxcat
16-10-09, 12:04

Additional info.
For YOG there will be area built for spectator viewing for rowing n canoeing event held at the marina channel.
After YOG there is planned for interim park, with visitor center n waterfront promenade n walkway to barrage. Details of plan is on going

gwlip
16-10-09, 12:47
Additional info.
For YOG there will be area built for spectator viewing for rowing n canoeing event held at the marina channel.
After YOG there is planned for interim park, with visitor center n waterfront promenade n walkway to barrage. Details of plan is on going
Thanks flxcat! :)
Hoping to see some architectural layout and design of the East Gardens... so far majority of it are focused on the main South Gardens. I know a magazine had a write up of it recently but unfortunately I don't subscribe to it and am too cheapo to pay USD25 for 1 issue :doh:.
Anyone an architect here with this?

http://www.arcplusonline.com/Magazine_issue18.php
"LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE
80 SINGAPORE Gardens by the Bay: Marina East
The Marina East component of Singapore’s massive Garden’s by the Bay development"

gwlip
17-10-09, 18:40
Found this ol' video.. Tanjong Rhu mentioned 38 secs into it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sUuXB9dWho&feature=related

Chan F M
22-10-09, 10:41
STB seems to be betting on a few things including the YOG.....

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20091021/tap-846-stb-hopes-attract-high-net-worth-231650b.html

NoodyGirl
01-11-09, 08:35

no local would buy Costa Rhu
the lifts are badly maintained
the residents composition macam Bollywood...its Ah Neh Town

NoodyGirl
01-11-09, 08:37

Pebble Bay used to be a gem
sigh

kali-yuga
01-11-09, 09:12
This comes to mind a question I had always want to ask.
Why is some condo so well maintained (e.g. that I had seen are Bullion Park, Oleander Tower, Mandarin Garden etc) and some are so badly maintain?

maisonjai
02-11-09, 17:04
the residents composition macam Bollywood...its Ah Neh Town

haha....my friend commented this too

Wild Falcon
04-11-09, 16:42
That is true. I sold my unit to a Pakistani a year back for a good price. The Indians love the Tanjong Rhu and Meyer area. Really seem like Little India to me - but the fact that the Indians gravitate towards these areas also mean there might be potential as some indian are quite rich lor.

august
14-11-09, 13:00
Sports Hub still has financing concerns (http://lushhomemedia.com/2009/11/14/sports-hub-still-has-financing-concerns/)

Posted by luxuryasiahome (http:///) on November 14, 2009

THE troubled Sports Hub is still facing difficulties and the expected construction date could possibly be pushed back further to 2014.
It is understood that the preferred bidder for the $1.87 billion project, the Singapore Sports Hub Consortium, has yet to raise the money necessary for construction to begin at the site of the National Stadium.
The inability to secure funds from the private sector has been a problem plaguing the SSHC since last year, partly as a result of the economic recession.
The consortium said yesterday it had recently launched a financing competition, and that it intends to raise bank debt financing.
Led by construction firm Dragages Singapore, the SSHC expects to receive offers before the end of this year.
‘It’s essentially trying to get loans on the best terms,’ said a source.
A spokesman declined to reveal how much needed to be raised, although it is believed to be at least $1.2 billion, the hub’s estimated construction cost.
The source added: ‘It now all depends on whether we can raise the necessary funds. When that happens, then we can proceed.’
Dragages managing director and SSHC head Ludwig Reichhold said yesterday he was targeting to sign the final contract with the Singapore Sports Council by early next year. In August, he had set the end of this year as a target.
The SSHC had hoped to pull down the National Stadium by the first quarter of next year, but this is dependent on the final contract being signed first.
Demolition will take about three months. Construction can then begin and will take about three years.
Since the project was announced in 2005, its completion date has been pushed back repeatedly from 2010, to 2011, 2012 and then 2013.
Singapore’s hosting of the South-east Asia Games in 2013 is now uncertain.
The hub is a public-private partnership (PPP) project. This means the Government will pay the SSHC – which will design, build, and operate the facility – a monthly unitary payment throughout the project’s 25-year term once the final contract is inked.

Source : Straits Times – 14 Nov 2009

Rhu
08-02-10, 10:43
Now that the MRT is confirmed to start operations in mid Apr, will we see an increase in resale prices for the Tanjong Rhu stretch?

I really hope so!

Squall8888
08-02-10, 10:48
Tg rhu got MRT?

Now that the MRT is confirmed to start operations in mid Apr, will we see an increase in resale prices for the Tanjong Rhu stretch?

I really hope so!

Douk
08-02-10, 12:20
Tg rhu got MRT?
stadium......

gwlip
08-02-10, 17:48
Promenade ...

Reporter
08-02-10, 21:01
Promenade ...
Promenade is Suntec.

gwlip
08-02-10, 21:28
Promenade is Suntec.

Correct. There is no Tanjong Rhu MRT per say. Nearest are Stadium and Promenade (depending on which condo you are talking about) - but for Promenade, the pedestrian bridge needs to be built first from Gardens at Marina East under the President's Sheares Bridge. This will only be done after YOG... so initially only Stadium MRT.

Reporter
08-02-10, 22:14
Correct. There is no Tanjong Rhu MRT per say. Nearest are Stadium and Promenade (depending on which condo you are talking about) - but for Promenade, the pedestrian bridge needs to be built first from Gardens at Marina East under the President's Sheares Bridge. This will only be done after YOG... so initially only Stadium MRT.
Walk more than 1 km from Gardens at Marina East to Promenade station? Tiring right?

gwlip
09-02-10, 07:27
Walk more than 1 km from Gardens at Marina East to Promenade station? Tiring right? ? Got more than 1 click meh? Seems to be around 700 m thereabouts...

Petersim
24-08-10, 10:37
I just got a call from URA regarding my enquiry on the :) pedestrian bridge from Tanjong Rhu. Apparently the current plan is only 1 bridge slightly south of the Benjamin Sheares Bridge (as portrayed correctly by the URA 2008 Masterplan). This will not be done till after YOG as the bridge will block the water games there.

Here's another interesting news though:
Gardens of the Bay - East Gardens.. will be a proper full garden by YOG in support of the games :). It is just that some of the embellishments etc may not be ready in place yet. I think really making use of YOG to showcase Singapore! :cheers6:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi GWLIP,
It been last Sep 2009 that you post the above information. I was wondering if you have further news on the development of the pedestrian bridge from the Marina East Garden to the F1 Pit across the river. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

flxcat
24-08-10, 15:46
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi GWLIP,
It been last Sep 2009 that you post the above information. I was wondering if you have further news on the development of the pedestrian bridge from the Marina East Garden to the F1 Pit across the river. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Hi
Do not mean to hijack ur query to gwlip.
Would like to share based on my last wk visit to ura. They had updated the model w a nice slightly curved bridge south of ben. Shear bridge. And also a road leading from rhu cross all the way to barrage.

Petersim
24-08-10, 16:24
Hi
Would like to share based on my last wk visit to ura. They had updated the model w a nice slightly curved bridge south of ben. Shear bridge. And also a road leading from rhu cross all the way to barrage.

Thanks!
I hope the URA renderings actually comes to fruition and construction works to begin after the YOG. Will make a big difference on the psf of condos around the Tanjung Rhu area... at least to have T.Rhu psf pricing come within the range of those of the Concourse or Southbank! :)

gwlip
24-08-10, 16:26
Hi
S'okay feel free to :).
Here's what I know from calling NParks.

1. Bridge is likely as what flxcat said south of Benjamin Sheares. This will be a pedestrian bridge that can accomodate people mover systems (aka trams like the zoo). Unsure when this will be done.
2. Bridge from Costa Rhu edge to Central Gardens (where Nicholl Highway MRT is) was proposed by the designers but unlikely to be taken up by URA.
3. Bay East gardens (interim) will be opened to public access in 2011 Q1. This will just be a normal gardens without the complete Gustafson Porter design. The actual Bay East Gardens will be developed only in phase 2 together with Central Gardens. This will likely be after phase 1 when South Gardens is completed which is end 2011.
4. Park connector from Bay East to east coast is likely be done also in phase 2.

Petersim
24-08-10, 16:37

1. Bridge is likely as what flxcat said south of Benjamin Sheares. This will be a pedestrian bridge that can accomodate people mover systems (aka trams like the zoo). Unsure when this will be done.
2. Bridge from Costa Rhu edge to Central Gardens (where Nicholl Highway MRT is) was proposed by the designers but unlikely to be taken up by URA.
3. Bay East gardens (interim) will be opened to public access in 2011 Q1. This will just be a normal gardens without the complete Gustafson Porter design. The actual Bay East Gardens will be developed only in phase 2 together with Central Gardens. This will likely be after phase 1 when South Gardens is completed which is end 2011.
4. Park connector from Bay East to east coast is likely be done also in phase 2.

Thanks Gwlip ! Very informative. These transformation should be good for the landscape of Tanjung Rhu as a whole.

gwlip
24-08-10, 17:07
Thanks Gwlip ! Very informative. These transformation should be good for the landscape of Tanjung Rhu as a whole.
Np, I share what I know...
I think Tanjong Rhu is a nice area to live, just not very accessible relative to present condos wrt MRT locations. Of course I am biased haha :).

devilplate
24-08-10, 17:14
Np, I share what I know...
I think Tanjong Rhu is a nice area to live, just not very accessible relative to present condos wrt MRT locations. Of course I am biased haha :).

i tink we tend to compared our ppty with the new launches and hence we felt very undervalued:D

gwlip
24-08-10, 17:19
i tink we tend to compared our ppty with the new launches and hence we felt very undervalued:D Ya lor.. suburban area condos cost more than Tanjong Rhu area. This was unthinkable just a few years back. Then again, there is the 99 yr leasehold factor to consider with most of the condos at Tanjong Rhu relatively old liao.

Also nowadays it seems Good Property = MRT @ doorstep as the main trend. Unfortunately I did/ do not particularly subscribe to that thought.. :doh:

Maybe I should start a poll to gather majority views on Tanjong Rhu area pricing..

DC33_2008
24-08-10, 17:21
Some people like to be exclusive.

teddybear
24-08-10, 17:33
The really exclusive properties in Singapore (to me) are the good class bungalows. The rest are not, so conveniency is the most important for this class of properties that are not exclusive. Conveniency means:
1) MRT station nearby (<100m best but must be underground MRT station)
2) shopping malls nearby
3) easy access to many roads & expressways
4) near to kid's schools
5) near to best enrichment & tuition centres in singapore
6) what else?

Some people like to be exclusive.

devilplate
24-08-10, 17:41
Also nowadays it seems Good Property = MRT @ doorstep as the main trend. Unfortunately I did/ do not particularly subscribe to that thought.. :doh:

in future, if our ppty(excluding landed and those prime prime condo like ardmore park) r not within 500m from any MRT=Bad ppty! Near to MRT is no longer a bonus/gd-to-have anymore...Its a MUST have

devilplate
24-08-10, 17:43
The really exclusive properties in Singapore (to me) are the good class bungalows. The rest are not, so conveniency is the most important for this class of properties that are not exclusive. Conveniency means:
1) MRT station nearby (<100m best but must be underground MRT station)
2) shopping malls nearby
3) easy access to many roads & expressways
4) near to kid's schools
5) near to best enrichment & tuition centres in singapore
6) what else?

u r toking about ur condo isit?:p

gwlip
24-08-10, 19:05
in future, if our ppty(excluding landed and those prime prime condo like ardmore park) r not within 500m from any MRT=Bad ppty! Near to MRT is no longer a bonus/gd-to-have anymore...Its a MUST have
Oh dear means condos at Tanjong Rhu jia lat till 2020 ... :scared-4:

flxcat
25-08-10, 10:57

Wrt the interim east garden, any idea is there a walking path paved to barrage or have to wait till phase 2? Will be good for a nice morning or evening stroll along thechannel if it is ready.

gwlip
25-08-10, 14:55
Wrt the interim east garden, any idea is there a walking path paved to barrage or have to wait till phase 2? Will be good for a nice morning or evening stroll along thechannel if it is ready.

Yes I believe so :). Quite nice ya? But just a simple park for now as the full design features, F&B outlets etc will be much later in phase 2.

gwlip
26-08-10, 10:15
Sports Hub to open by April 2014
By Tan Yo-Hinn | Posted: 26 August 2010 0215 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/php1EteWs.jpg

SINGAPORE: After being stalled for nearly two years due to the global financial downturn, the Sports Hub project will finally kick into gear.

On Wednesday, the Singapore Sports Council (SSC) signed the contract with the Singapore Sports Hub Consortium to design, build, finance and operate the Sports Hub for the next 25 years on a 35-hectare site in Kallang.

Demolition of the National Stadium, which sits on the site, will begin in October, and the new facility will open its doors by April 2014.

The final construction cost is estimated to be $1.33 billion - which the Government will pay in annual payments.

No financing details were available following the midnight announcement.

"I am glad that we are ready to start construction of the Singapore Sports Hub," said Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports, in a statement.

"It will be a fully integrated sports, leisure, entertainment and lifestyle hub for world-class events and community activities. The facilities will be accessible to the public and to top athletes to train and compete in. As part of the Greater Marina Bay masterplan, the Singapore Sports Hub will also contribute to the larger Government objective of re-positioning Singapore as a great place to work, live and play," he said.

When completed, the Sports Hub will include a 55,000-seat National Stadium with a retractable roof, a 6,000-seat indoor aquatics arena, about 41,000 square metres of business, commercial and retail space, and a sports institute.

Two new features of the Sports Hub are a bowl-cooling system and retractable seats for the main stadium.

The bowl cooling system features blowing treated air from chillers through holes in the tier below each seat.

There will also be a sports library and sports museum, as well as other amenities including a volleyball court, rock-climbing wall, hard courts, a skate park and state-of-the-art training and sports recovery facilities, among others.

The Sports Hub will also strive to attract live entertainment events, conventions and exhibitions, while 80 corporate boxes will be available for lease during major sporting events.

The deal between the Singapore Government and the consortium is the largest sports infrastructure public-private-partnership project in the world.

- CNA/de

gwlip
01-09-10, 14:24
Just to share. Here's the official response I got from URA on 1 Sep 2010 on the bridge connector from Tanjong Rhu to Promenade ...

"A number of different ideas for connecting the areas at Marina East and Marina Centre areas were put forward under the International Design Competition for the Gardens by the Bay.

URA, together with NParks, have assessed that the most appropriate alignment, taking into cosnideration both planning and technical issues, would be the location near the Benjamin Sheares Bridge, as reflected in the Master Plan 2008. The bridge is planned to connect the promenade and public spaces along Marina Bay and Singapore River to the west and East Coast Park to the east, as well as to provide a connection from the Tanjong Rhu area to the Promenade RTS tation which will be an interchange station between the Circle (CCL) and Downtown (DTL) lines. The timeline for implementation of this planned bridge is currently under study in relation to the plans for the Gardens by the Bay, Bay East and Bay Central.

The need for any additional bridges, for example, near the Nicoll Highway RTS Station, will be reviewed in relation to the longer term plans for the Marina East and Marina Centre areas."

gwlip
01-09-10, 18:34
Eh why Tanjong Rhu DC went up so much? No new development there ma... :beats-me-man:

The Ministry of National Development will sharply revise the development charges (DC) for the next six months from Wednesday to end February.
IN YET another drastic move to curb speculators and cool the spiralling property market, the Ministry of National Development will sharply revise the development charges (DC) for the next six months from Wednesday to end February.
Developers will have to fork out 13 per cent more for landed and non-landed homes. The biggest hike of 36 per cent will be imposed on landed homes in Sentosa (Group B1, Sector 117).
For non-landed residential properties, the revised DC will go up by a steep 28 per cent for projects in Tanjong Rhu area (Sector 50) and Farrer Park and Balestier area (Sectors 58 and 59), said the MND in a statement on Tuesday....

flxcat
01-09-10, 18:51
Eh why Tanjong Rhu DC went up so much? No new development there ma... :beats-me-man:

The Ministry of National Development will sharply revise the development charges (DC) for the next six months from Wednesday to end February.
IN YET another drastic move to curb speculators and cool the spiralling property market, the Ministry of National Development will sharply revise the development charges (DC) for the next six months from Wednesday to end February.
Developers will have to fork out 13 per cent more for landed and non-landed homes. The biggest hike of 36 per cent will be imposed on landed homes in Sentosa (Group B1, Sector 117).
For non-landed residential properties, the revised DC will go up by a steep 28 per cent for projects in Tanjong Rhu area (Sector 50) and Farrer Park and Balestier area (Sectors 58 and 59), said the MND in a statement on Tuesday....

My take is to increase the selling price of all the parcel of land in this area in view of more amenities coming on the way.

art10626
20-11-10, 22:29
Think that question was raised in this forum before (2y ago) but wasn't really answered... why is SG transacting at a lower price than Pebble Bay and Waterplace and Costa Rhu? It supposed to be newer and I haven't found any negative comments on that condo at all.. a bit further away from the new URA developments?

flxcat
22-11-10, 09:28
Think that question was raised in this forum before (2y ago) but wasn't really answered... why is SG transacting at a lower price than Pebble Bay and Waterplace and Costa Rhu? It supposed to be newer and I haven't found any negative comments on that condo at all.. a bit further away from the new URA developments?
IMO, Owner may have paid lower px hence willing to let go at a lower px too.
No bay view so command lower px
So for view, have to go for seaview but need to put up with road noise so no go for some buyers.
For my bais viewpoint, will take advantage of lower px n go for unit with both seaview n cityview n accept the road noise.
If have deep pocket then will get unit at other condo with both bayview n the serene env

art10626
22-11-10, 20:56
[Makes a lot of sense! Thanks flxcat, appreciate your help as always.

Personally, another reason for SG is that it has smaller unit, hence less absolute quantum : )

quote=flxcat]IMO, Owner may have paid lower px hence willing to let go at a lower px too.
No bay view so command lower px
So for view, have to go for seaview but need to put up with road noise so no go for some buyers.
For my bais viewpoint, will take advantage of lower px n go for unit with both seaview n cityview n accept the road noise.
If have deep pocket then will get unit at other condo with both bayview n the serene env[/quote]

flxcat
22-11-10, 23:20
[quote=art10626][Makes a lot of sense! Thanks flxcat, appreciate your help as always.

Personally, another reason for SG is that it has smaller unit, hence less absolute quantum : )

Hi art110626,

You are welcome!

Yes, your reasoning is very true indeed with smallest 2bedder start at 775sqft compared to >1000sqft for e.g PB.

reuters
23-11-10, 21:22
Sanctuary Green is a mass market condo with very average finishing and quite ugly toilet designs that come with those old-fashioned louvred window panes. I find that the rooms and the building resemble Hotel 81! The views are somehow not that great because of the other condo blocking part of the view towards the Kallang side and the view of the expressway isn't that good enough to command a high price for a unit there. However, the location is really quite good, and suitable for those seeking a cheaper place to buy and live in the Tanjong Rhu area, if they are not fussy with more up-to-date finishes or nicer lobbies or if their property is freehold or leasehold. $1,100 to $1,200 is a reasonable psf for a 2-bedder on high floor since new condos in areas like West Coast are already that price.

art10626
23-11-10, 21:31
hehehe, never been to hotel 81 before ... :p

still in the early stage and walking around the area so haven't been inside (though now actively looking for openhouse for condo in the area and waiting to see if gahmen putting in new measures)

will take note of that, cos people also say finishing very important. the floor plan for SG looks quite good though, little space wasted

Sanctuary Green is a mass market condo with very average finishing and quite ugly toilet designs that come with those old-fashioned louvred window panes. I find that the rooms and the building resemble Hotel 81! The views are somehow not that great because of the other condo blocking part of the view towards the Kallang side and the view of the expressway isn't that good enough to command a high price for a unit there. However, the location is really quite good, and suitable for those seeking a cheaper place to buy and live in the Tanjong Rhu area, if they are not fussy with more up-to-date finishes or nicer lobbies or if their property is freehold or leasehold. $1,100 to $1,200 is a reasonable psf for a 2-bedder on high floor since new condos in areas like West Coast are already that price.

art10626
23-11-10, 21:34
Mass condo maybe better for me too, fit my status better (still right at the bottom of the corporate ladder!)

flxcat
24-11-10, 15:52
hehehe, never been to hotel 81 before ... :p

still in the early stage and walking around the area so haven't been inside (though now actively looking for openhouse for condo in the area and waiting to see if gahmen putting in new measures)

will take note of that, cos people also say finishing very important. the floor plan for SG looks quite good though, little space wasted
Regarding wasted space. Do note most unit in SG come with planters which to some is wasteful area.

Chillyred888
28-12-10, 09:33
there are few empty parcel of land in tg rhu area.any idea if new developments like malls or new private housing be coming up over there?

Blue
07-01-11, 12:50
there are few empty parcel of land in tg rhu area.any idea if new developments like malls or new private housing be coming up over there?

I do wish these empty parcels of land are made avail for landed hse developments. The view from Tanjong Rhu to Marina Bay and Singapore Flyer area is superd. You can get a good view even on the road (ground level)!

gwlip
08-01-11, 12:53
I do wish these empty parcels of land are made avail for landed hse developments. The view from Tanjong Rhu to Marina Bay and Singapore Flyer area is superd. You can get a good view even on the road (ground level)!
Gahmen also wanna make money. I think land will be made available when East Gardens fully developed, Sports Hub near ready, Marina East plans for development (if any).

easymac
25-01-11, 20:28
Is it just me or do you also notice higher frequency of planes flying over your estates? I am at Tg Rhu side. Who are the authorities to check on the flight path or for our voices to be heard? I thought the planes are supposed to come in from the sea.

focus
25-01-11, 22:00
Is it just me or do you also notice higher frequency of planes flying over your estates? I am at Tg Rhu side. Who are the authorities to check on the flight path or for our voices to be heard? I thought the planes are supposed to come in from the sea.

Hehehe.. i emailed the Airforce chief asking him to spread the flights over tg Rhu and Meyer Road... :p

ahkongkid
23-02-11, 09:16
anyone has experience staying in units close to the ECP? Do these units suffer from lots of noise and dust? Going for viewings seemed fine but since it's only for a short while whgile viewing, i wonder how it's like to stay long term.

DC33_2008
23-02-11, 12:32
I heard from someone who is staying at a point block HDB flats at marine parade that he can smell the fumes from ships that are docking at the sea occasionally. Not sure if it is from ships or cars as it is just next to the ECP.

urban
23-02-11, 12:40
I heard from someone who is staying at a point block HDB flats at marine parade that he can smell the fumes from ships that are docking at the sea occasionally. Not sure if it is from ships or cars as it is just next to the ECP.

Sounds serious. More likely to be traffic fumes, than ship... (further away and more spread out) IMHO.

Douk
23-02-11, 14:29
smell fumes from ships ? must be joking. many of the "complaints" about east coast are exagerated. Especially the flight path, etc.

Road noise? definitely if the block is right next to ECP. But for those further away from ECP but in the same development, it is not unbearable.

Wild Falcon
23-02-11, 14:33
Vehicular pollution is small fry compared to jet fuel and cargo ship pollution. Not even 1/10 of the carbon emission if I recall the official statistics. It takes a lot more fuel to propel an airplane/cargo ship than 10000 car.

devilplate
23-02-11, 15:52
Vehicular pollution is small fry compared to jet fuel and cargo ship pollution. Not even 1/10 of the carbon emission if I recall the official statistics. It takes a lot more fuel to propel an airplane/cargo ship than 10000 car.
But airplane high uP mah..... car fumes n soot got more impact lor

skylark
23-02-11, 17:24
anyone has experience staying in units close to the ECP? Do these units suffer from lots of noise and dust? Going for viewings seemed fine but since it's only for a short while whgile viewing, i wonder how it's like to stay long term.
I lived next to the ECP previously. It was very noisy especially on higher floors. It was the noise that bothered me, not so much the dust. My neighbours on the 2nd and 3rd floors didn't have this problem.

Petersim
28-03-11, 11:45
Anyone has an idea of when the pedestrian bridge (to be south of the Benjamin Sheares Bridge per the recent updated URA rendering ) connecting East and Central gardens will be built? This will be great for Tanjung Rhu residence going to the Promenade area.
thanks.

Just to share. Here's the official response I got from URA on 1 Sep 2010 on the bridge connector from Tanjong Rhu to Promenade ...

"A number of different ideas for connecting the areas at Marina East and Marina Centre areas were put forward under the International Design Competition for the Gardens by the Bay.

URA, together with NParks, have assessed that the most appropriate alignment, taking into cosnideration both planning and technical issues, would be the location near the Benjamin Sheares Bridge, as reflected in the Master Plan 2008. The bridge is planned to connect the promenade and public spaces along Marina Bay and Singapore River to the west and East Coast Park to the east, as well as to provide a connection from the Tanjong Rhu area to the Promenade RTS tation which will be an interchange station between the Circle (CCL) and Downtown (DTL) lines. The timeline for implementation of this planned bridge is currently under study in relation to the plans for the Gardens by the Bay, Bay East and Bay Central.

The need for any additional bridges, for example, near the Nicoll Highway RTS Station, will be reviewed in relation to the longer term plans for the Marina East and Marina Centre areas."

mantrix
28-03-11, 12:45
I lived next to the ECP previously. It was very noisy especially on higher floors. It was the noise that bothered me, not so much the dust. My neighbours on the 2nd and 3rd floors didn't have this problem.

noise travel upwards...those on low floors have the noise blocked by the foliage

it's noise (or lack of) versus view loh...

East Coast Boy
06-04-11, 09:41
Property insiders claim that the 23,020 sq ft freehold condo Fortredale at Tanjong Rhu has been sold for approximately S$65 million, or about S$1,342 psf ppr.
The alleged purchaser is a low-profile Chinese developer, which is also building a project in the Balestier area.
The collective sale of Fortredale was brokered through a tender by CB Richard Ellis (CBRE), which closed on 29 March.
Analysts expect the deal to provide a price benchmark and pave the way for the en bloc sale of its 30,540 sq ft neighbour, the Austral View.
By doing so, the same party who purchased the Fortredale will be able to combine the two sites into a collective freehold land area of approximately 53,560 sq ft.
The combined plot can be redeveloped into a new freehold project with a total gross floor area (GFA) of around 112,476 sq ft, which can potentially yield around 108 units averaging 1,000 sq ft.
Having been on the en bloc market a second time, Fortredale was previously sold in 1996 to T3 Investments Ltd, which redeveloped the site to the existing 18-storey, 32-unit project.
Upon completion, it was sold to a unit of Poh Lian Holdings in August 1999 for S$38.5 million (S$825 psf) on the project’s net saleable area of 46,673 sq ft.
Poh Lian subsequently sold the units separately. Its current majority owners decided to put the development up for another en bloc sale.
En bloc sales have excelled in the Singapore property investment sales market in the first quarter, recording at least four such deals worth S$100 million each, compared with only three from 2008 to 2010.

art10626
22-05-11, 23:39
hello!long time ago, posted a question on why sanctuary green seems to be valued lower by order condos nearby... seems like now it's caught up in terms of psf despite the weakness we talked about. Congrats to SG owners!Still haven't bought the dream tangjong rhu condo that my wife and i want... waiting for correction can really wait long long, haha, but still buying at what may possibly be the peak is quite an annoying thought...also notice that new roads are being built in the area. masterplan2008 showed that a road will be built that go all the way to shenton way... arrr... infrastructing improving and better prices!

kingkong1984
23-05-11, 05:19
hello!long time ago, posted a question on why sanctuary green seems to be valued lower by order condos nearby... seems like now it's caught up in terms of psf despite the weakness we talked about. Congrats to SG owners!Still haven't bought the dream tangjong rhu condo that my wife and i want... waiting for correction can really wait long long, haha, but still buying at what may possibly be the peak is quite an annoying thought...also notice that new roads are being built in the area. masterplan2008 showed that a road will be built that go all the way to shenton way... arrr... infrastructing improving and better prices!
Oh.. Not bad at all. When u need a roof, anytime is the right time. Haha

Since going to pay top dollar, why dun go for newer, younger properties nearer to MRTs.

East Coast Boy
23-05-11, 09:42

For Sanctuary Green, the layout & design are not as good as nearby condos that why price is lower la. :D :D :D

You buy cheap will sell cheap.

lkm
23-05-11, 15:29

I thought the masterplan 2008 shows a pedestrian bridge that link to the Flyer or somewhere in Marina Centre?How come there's now a road to Shenton way?

Is the Marina Bay Golf course run by NTUC operated on 20 year lease? How many years passed oredi? What is the gahmen going to do about the land at Marina East? Any comments?

lkm
23-05-11, 15:30
Oh.. Not bad at all. When u need a roof, anytime is the right time. Haha

Since going to pay top dollar, why dun go for newer, younger properties nearer to MRTs.

For someone who can wait 9 more years for the MRT, maybe it's different?

electron
30-01-13, 20:57

Reviving this thread! Wasn't aware that there was going to be a bridge linking Tanjong Rhu to the city. Sounds exciting though! Found it on the masterplan too. Anyone knows when it might be built (the previous indication of 'after YOG' is pretty long ago already)?

silver023
30-01-13, 21:23
Reviving this thread! Wasn't aware that there was going to be a bridge linking Tanjong Rhu to the city. Sounds exciting though! Found it on the masterplan too. Anyone knows when it might be built (the previous indication of 'after YOG' is pretty long ago already)?

There is a bridge connecting Tanjong Rhu and Indoor Stadium, isn't this the one?

electron
30-01-13, 21:38
There is a bridge connecting Tanjong Rhu and Indoor Stadium, isn't this the one?
Nope, I'm referring to the proposed bridge parallel to Benjamin Sheares bridge. I know which one you're talking about though; I often walk past it. Really pretty at night.

flxcat
30-01-13, 22:36
Nope, I'm referring to the proposed bridge parallel to Benjamin Sheares bridge. I know which one you're talking about though; I often walk past it. Really pretty at night.

Wrote to URA on this matter 3months ago and their reply is they are current working on the details and will announce when ready. No fixed date given tho.

gwlip
30-01-13, 22:40
Wrote to URA on this matter 3months ago and their reply is they are current working on the details and will announce when ready. No fixed date given tho.
Heya flxcat :D
Thanks for checking

flxcat
30-01-13, 22:44
Heya flxcat :D
Thanks for checking
Welcome. Just excited that this area is getting better by the day :)

electron
30-01-13, 22:47
Welcome. Just excited that this area is getting better by the day :)
Yepp, thanks! Can't wait for the day I can walk to work. Kinda like millenium bridge across the thames!

electron
30-01-13, 22:56
Scroll down on this blog (http://daviding.com/blog/index.php/archive/tate-modern-south-bank-london/) to see what Millenium Bridge is like. Would be awesome if we could have sormething similar at Tanjong Rhu :)

flxcat
30-01-13, 22:58
Yepp, thanks! Can't wait for the day I can walk to work. Kinda like millenium bridge across the thames!

Last know is suppose to be a bridge that is wide enough for buggie to travel on. I believe is similar and an extention from the current buggie system used in Marina south garden. So should be a nice walk. However, yet to get a confirmation on that.

The other facility I am looking forward is the water taxi that is going to serve this area.

Electron, you have vested interest in Tg Rhu? If yes, wish you all the best in your value investment. Cheers!

electron
30-01-13, 23:01
Last know is suppose to be a bridge that is wide enough for buggie to travel on. I believe is similar and an extention from the current buggie system used in Marina south garden. So should be a nice walk. However, yet to get a confirmation on that.

The other facility I am looking forward is the water taxi that is going to serve this area.

Electron, you have vested interest in Tg Rhu? If yes, wish you all the best in your value investment. Cheers!

Yepp! Cheers :)

Shanhz
31-01-13, 07:33
tg rhu always been quite "laid back". "so near yet so far" from the city. with a new bridge, it would spoil the tranquility.

minority
31-01-13, 17:25
its a nice place. feel like a slow enclave where u can walk to the gardens by the bay. once the ERL comes announced the price wont be where it is now. Its a interesting place.

zeamybro
31-01-13, 18:25
Yeps indeed this is a very tranquil enclave, where you get fresh air and don't get to see heavy traffic.

I remember during one of the recent new year eve or cny eve, there were road blocks by TP to allow only residents with car labels or resident passes to enter.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2598/3839206999_561c298728_o_d.jpg

ichigo55
31-01-13, 19:55
wow .. the photo shot is really great!

I also like TR, the tranquility, the picturesque environment, full condo environment ..
But it really seems like all these did not translate into true high-end value ... it seems that the "newer" people nowadays value convenience of public transport and convenient stores etc ..

So will this area ever progress like the rest of the island?

flxcat
31-01-13, 22:40
wow .. the photo shot is really great!

I also like TR, the tranquility, the picturesque environment, full condo environment ..
But it really seems like all these did not translate into true high-end value ... it seems that the "newer" people nowadays value convenience of public transport and convenient stores etc ..

So will this area ever progress like the rest of the island?

Yes, but have to borrow the power of GLS. But that will mean the place will be more croweded. Cant have the cake and eat it right.:)

zeamybro
31-01-13, 22:47
Yes, but have to borrow the power of GLS. But that will mean the place will be more croweded. Cant have the cake and eat it right.:)

Flxcat, since u r also vested in this area, may I know what is your take?

Do you hope to see more new developments in Tj Rhu such that the prices of the existing ppties will be pushed up, or would you rather this enclave maintains its tranquility without any construction noise and air pollution?

Personally, I rather this place maintains its current peace and beauty. Can't imagine if they start digging the mrt lines... This place would be real messy

puffer_fish
31-01-13, 22:57
view from my unit at tanjong rhu. will be renting out in 3 years time when my kid attend P1. very nice place, sad to go:(

not going to sell the place at all. hope to move back one day

minority
31-01-13, 23:24

Do you hope to see more new developments in Tj Rhu such that the prices of the existing ppties will be pushed up, or would you rather this enclave maintains its tranquility without any construction noise and air pollution?

Personally, I rather this place maintains its current peace and beauty. Can't imagine if they start digging the mrt lines... This place would be real messy

tell u. once the costal Express way is done. the ERL is announced. the GLS there will start. so want better enter.. esp the 1st timmers. dont want. then just stand n watch

zeamybro
31-01-13, 23:28
tell u. once the costal Express way is done. the ERL is announced. the GLS there will start. so want better enter.. esp the 1st timmers. dont want. then just stand n watch

I don't have much problems renting out my unit there for the past decade. I believe most tenants there value the tranquility. But once the surrounding construction starts, I wonder if it will become a challenge...

minority
31-01-13, 23:39
I don't have much problems renting out my unit there for the past decade. I believe most tenants there value the tranquility. But once the surrounding construction starts, I wonder if it will become a challenge...

no choice... u can't have everything right. have to bare with lower rental that 3-4 yrs.

zeamybro
31-01-13, 23:50
no choice... u can't have everything right. have to bare with lower rental that 3-4 yrs.

Yeah, mabbe I should heed yr advice. Almost wanted to cash out this unit a couple of yrs back, until I see how lovely the Garden Bay East is ......and it's within walking distance!

ichigo55
01-02-13, 10:39
rental seem rather strong still over there
Yeah, mabbe I should heed yr advice. Almost wanted to cash out this unit a couple of yrs back, until I see how lovely the Garden Bay East is ......and it's within walking distance!

flxcat
01-02-13, 10:52

Personally I enjoy the current tranquility. However, having a mrt is definitely a plus.

As for the GLS, I just embrace it and flow with the tide as is partly of govt planning of this area long time ago and I invest in this area with my wide eyes opened :scared-5:.

Being very pragmatic, hoping that nothing is going to change the tranqulility is futile. So I choose to enjoy what I can now instead before it is gone :cheers4:

Laguna
01-02-13, 13:30

how to walk there?
your legs are long....

buttercarp
01-02-13, 14:00
how to walk there?
your legs are long....

Can... the walk is about 5 km.
I prefer to cycle.

Check out this blog :

http://sgwalkingroutes.blogspot.sg/2011/12/gardens-by-bay-east-marina-barrage.html

electron
01-02-13, 14:08
how to walk there?
your legs are long....
Actually Gardens by the Bay East is just next to Costa Rhu. There's a path that leads beneath Benjamin Sheares Bridge. Within very short walking distance. It's only the other half of Gardens (with the Supertrees and conservatories) that is a bit further across the barrage. Going there for afternoon jog now!

flxcat
01-02-13, 15:20
Actually Gardens by the Bay East is just next to Costa Rhu. There's a path that leads beneath Benjamin Sheares Bridge. Within very short walking distance. It's only the other half of Gardens (with the Supertrees and conservatories) that is a bit further across the barrage. Going there for afternoon jog now!
Just went to garden east. Very hot leh, can jog meh. I rather sit by pool sudden sip kopi :ashamed1:

zeamybro
01-02-13, 15:27
Evening time not nice to jog along the Bay East garden ..... cos of the direct west-sun. Morning would be nice ... and of course night time would be a fantastic spot to admire the Singapore city skyscrapers...

electron
01-02-13, 15:59
Just went to garden east. Very hot leh, can jog meh. I rather sit by pool sudden sip kopi :ashamed1:
Just came back. Sipping kopi on balcony now :cheers1:

flxcat
01-02-13, 16:02
Just came back. Sipping kopi on balcony now :cheers1:
Cool. Enjoy.

Yes night jog is fantastic if breezy and nice skyline

buttercarp
01-02-13, 19:53
Cool. Enjoy.

Yes night jog is fantastic if breezy and nice skyline

Scary or not?
Got other joggers around or secluded?

flxcat
01-02-13, 20:05
Scary or not?
Got other joggers around or secluded?
Depend on timing. If 7pm to 10pm I felt is very safe. :)

flxcat
01-02-13, 20:07
view from my unit at tanjong rhu. will be renting out in 3 years time when my kid attend P1. very nice place, sad to go:(

not going to sell the place at all. hope to move back one day

Puffer_fish,
Nice view you have there. Costa rhu I guess:cheers6:

august
01-02-13, 21:51

the two gardens (south and east) lack tall trees like botanic garden, hence very hot.

puffer_fish
01-02-13, 22:32
nope, sanctuary green:o

bought in 2003, times really flies...

now, this place flooded with ang moh......still a nice place.

cos, it was the cheapest around the area when launched during SARS period.
developer throw price thinking it wont sell. so i grab.

out of all the investments, sanctuary green is the one i truly love.

but soon need to move and rent it out,

zeamybro
02-02-13, 08:08

Despite being close to 10 yr old, sanctuary green is superbly well maintained. That's why it has been very popular with rental....

flxcat
02-02-13, 08:31
the two gardens (south and east) lack tall trees like botanic garden, hence very hot.

Agreed, this gardens being new and trees are young hence not much shades. Same as sengkang park and no way near to botanic garden :)

Hence go at a cooler time of the day, one can enjoy the gardens much better. Cheers!

flxcat
02-02-13, 08:41

Arh... Indeed is one of the most value for money condo in Tg Rhu. Happy that you are in a very good position due to your early investment.

Hope that with MCE opening soon, more vehicles, big trucks and super cars(which unlikely the case) will be diverted away from Benjamin shears bridge.

Ironically, I find the super cars are the ones that make the most noise when they speed up the bridge towards city. :D

puffer_fish
02-02-13, 12:56
Despite being close to 10 yr old, sanctuary green is superbly well maintained. That's why it has been very popular with rental....

yes, agreed. the management is very on. they been repairing or replacing things around the estate. that is one of the reason why i enjoy my stay here

puffer_fish
02-02-13, 13:09
Arh... Indeed is one of the most value for money condo in Tg Rhu. Happy that you are in a very good position due to your early investment.

Hope that with MCE opening soon, more vehicles, big trucks and super cars(which unlikely the case) will be diverted away from Benjamin shears bridge.

Ironically, I find the super cars are the ones that make the most noise when they speed up the bridge towards city. :D

yup.when i bought the place. every one was commenting i must be crazy to pay such high price. very lucky not to hear noise and went ahead with our decision

puffer_fish
02-02-13, 15:48
now waiting for the 41000 sq m stadium mall to be launch in 2014

Wild Falcon
02-02-13, 21:13
Was at Tg Rhu park connector a while ago. Man, the place is full of Indians. Indians cycling, indians walking their dogs, Indian children playing cricket. etc. I thought I was in India. Seriously, one sure feels like a minority here. My relative who moved out told me it was bad, but I never knew it was that bad. Ironically my relative also sold to an Indian. And even the stadium MRT station is full of Indians. Nothing against any race, but one sure feels like a minority here.

august
02-02-13, 21:31
Was at Tg Rhu park connector a while ago. Man, the place is full of Indians. Indians cycling, indians walking their dogs, Indian children playing cricket. etc. I thought I was in India. Seriously, one sure feels like a minority here. My relative who moved out told me it was bad, but I never knew it was that bad. Ironically my relative also sold to an Indian. And even the stadium MRT station is full of Indians. Nothing against any race, but one sure feels like a minority here.

huh? it is well known for that.

puffer_fish
02-02-13, 21:56
ok, quite balance, currently the stadium is under construction. many indian workers are staying at the hostel within the site, once the stadium mall complete. they should have left

have to agree indians love the area. that why when i move to the estate near to my kids school. most likely the 2 main group wanting to rent my unit would be indian and caucasians.:)

same like my mohamed sultan road unit, only can find japanese and caucasians staying there

from a positive angle, you wont lack tenants keen to rent your units;)

zeamybro
02-02-13, 22:06
Indians there have very deep pockets..... They can afford to pay ....on the other hand, many angmohs do not have similar budget

minority
02-02-13, 23:08

as long u are not facing ECP it is actually great!

flxcat
04-02-13, 00:05
as long u are not facing ECP it is actually great!

My view is the location that is key.Even units facing ECP, it thus provides a good view of the flyer and city skyline, as per view Puffer_fish unit warrant based on the picture he/she posted.

Many tenants will just close the windows and on the aircon. Is really a choice between view and privacy vs highway noise and looking into another.

Just the uniqueness or rather the characteristics of different projects, and this happens to be that of Sanctuary Green.
:cheers4:

ichigo55
04-02-13, 18:44
Now I'm wondering ... How will the east coast reclamation affect this area?
I don't think it will affect at all since the bay garden and supposed commercial use of golf course is definite .. With linkage directly to east coast .. And will probably take many years for the new land to settle down.
What do you guys think?

flxcat
04-02-13, 22:18
Now I'm wondering ... How will the east coast reclamation affect this area?
I don't think it will affect at all since the bay garden and supposed commercial use of golf course is definite .. With linkage directly to east coast .. And will probably take many years for the new land to settle down.
What do you guys think?

Do not see how it can be impacted. Only thing is once the MCE is completed and the PCN is going to link to east coast park, there will be more option for residents in Tg Rhu to cycle. Can go towards marina bay area or hit towards east coast parkway. :)

electron
04-02-13, 22:25
Do not see how it can be impacted. Only thing is once the MCE is completed and the PCN is going to link to east coast park, there will be more option for residents in Tg Rhu to cycle. Can go towards marina bay area or hit towards east coast parkway. :)
Yep! Directly linked to both parks without hitting the road. MCE by end of this year, and PCN by 2014. Connectivity will be improved. Also, the golf course is zoned as residential, predominantly, with a little commercial. New GLS sites there are likely to be pretty costly, and hopefully will help to support, or even pull up values in Tanjong Rhu. Just hope it won't become too crowded.

flxcat
05-02-13, 11:07
Yep! Directly linked to both parks without hitting the road. MCE by end of this year, and PCN by 2014. Connectivity will be improved. Also, the golf course is zoned as residential, predominantly, with a little commercial. New GLS sites there are likely to be pretty costly, and hopefully will help to support, or even pull up values in Tanjong Rhu. Just hope it won't become too crowded.

Based on my understanding the golf course lease is generally 30yrs, and MBGC opens on Nov2006, those units facing the golf course in Tg Rhu still get to enjoy the unblock view for sometime. Once it is build up, the view will then restrict towards the flyer and city skyline.

Objectively speaking, Costa Rhu is more superior in terms of view than say WaterPlace and Sanctuary Green 20yrs down the road, ha ha ha a long time from now, so all Tg Rhu owners enjoy and have fun in the meanwhile.;)

zeamybro
05-02-13, 12:32
Also to note that for east side condos... as long as you have city view, you are facing west sun ... Costa Rhu 's city facing units are all subjected to west sun.

I personally prefer Pebble Bay with bay view.

flxcat
05-02-13, 13:17
Also to note that for east side condos... as long as you have city view, you are facing west sun ... Costa Rhu 's city facing units are all subjected to west sun.

I personally prefer Pebble Bay with bay view.

Western sun will be minimal or at an angle for costs rhu units that is facing the marina east garden. Generally no block and probably can go for nice afternoon coffee at the new PA water leisure center as it looks chic.

Agreed if facing Conrad will have direct afternoon sun.

PB, especially units facing the basin is a gem.

Parkshore is the only FH, in fact is another gem in its own way, but not much view.

lkm
05-02-13, 14:52
Why so far the discussion only centre SG,PB,CR and WP. Why no one talk about Camelot-by-the-water? Super jumbo units like 3000+sf and bigger transact at 1500+psf?

Talking about Camelot, how come next door Tanjong Ria and Casuarina Cove going for much lower psf than Camelot? Anyone know why? They are more or less same years old.

zeamybro
05-02-13, 15:04
Why so far the discussion only centre SG,PB,CR and WP. Why no one talk about Camelot-by-the-water? Super jumbo units like 3000+sf and bigger transact at 1500+psf?

Talking about Camelot, how come next door Tanjong Ria and Casuarina Cove going for much lower psf than Camelot? Anyone know why? They are more or less same years old.

I also duno the why the price difference.... but Camelot is at least 4-5yrs younger than TR and CC .. which is significant for a 99yr LH. Never been inside, but from outside it also looks much newer and nicer than TR ....

zeamybro
07-02-13, 13:04
2013-01-24 PEBBLE BAY (http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends-and-analysis/residential?p=pebble-bay) 136 Tanjong Rhu Road #XX-XX 3,480,000 1,658

2013-01-21 PEBBLE BAY (http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends-and-analysis/residential?p=pebble-bay) 130 Tanjong Rhu Road #XX-XX 2,900,000 1,531

Pebble Bay is still fetching v high prices despite being more than 15yr old

minority
07-02-13, 13:34
I also duno the why the price difference.... but Camelot is at least 4-5yrs younger than TR and CC .. which is significant for a 99yr LH. Never been inside, but from outside it also looks much newer and nicer than TR ....

Camelot units are big.

zeamybro
07-02-13, 13:38
Camelot units are big.

Ya, but lkm was asking why the huge price difference between Camelot and Tanjong Ria + Casuarina Cove....

I notice bay facing projects like Camelot and Pebble Bay are fetching the highest psf ... despite having very large units. Sea/City/ECP facing projects are not doing as well...

minority
07-02-13, 21:52
Ya, but lkm was asking why the huge price difference between Camelot and Tanjong Ria + Casuarina Cove....

I notice bay facing projects like Camelot and Pebble Bay are fetching the highest psf ... despite having very large units. Sea/City/ECP facing projects are not doing as well...

yeah in the east if u see sea most likely u will have either morning or afternoon sun.

or too near to ECP.

for the perfect sea view? my take Reflection offer one of the best sea view from the high floors.

zeamybro
20-10-13, 11:34
More exciting days ahead at the Tanjong Rhu Enclave =)

http://static.dyp.im/yQf5G0WImy/be3c0cef9d534dc943dbbb472c9c066a.jpg

http://static.dyp.im/hKgnZWKUmA/1c0c3eec3d084619cbf58ab9ce3ec973.jpg

minority
20-10-13, 13:44
With the ERL MRT to be announced. The value of the place is pose to go up.

clemdale24
20-10-13, 14:00
With the ERL MRT to be announced. The value of the place is pose to go up.

most tanjong rhu condos are 99LH. compared to the meyer road FH ones i think meyer road has more upside? generally meyer road condos are also more atas. similarly it will benefit from the ERL. just saying.

puffer_fish
20-10-13, 14:02
While it great to know the place is adding more facilities but hope the serenity of the place would still be intact

iridrium
20-10-13, 19:14
While it great to know the place is adding more facilities but hope the serenity of the place would still be intact

Can't agree with you more!

zeamybro
20-10-13, 22:47
most tanjong rhu condos are 99LH. compared to the meyer road FH ones i think meyer road has more upside? generally meyer road condos are also more atas. similarly it will benefit from the ERL. just saying.

Yes, I agree meyer ones are more atas for sure, but rental is a lot more stronger at the tanjong rhu side due to the proximity to Kallang Leisure Mall, Stadium Mrt and the Bay front + Gardens By the Bay (East).

Did some research earlier to compare the prices between the condos at that area. I see that Pebble Bay (despite being 99LH and more than 15yrs gone), is still holding strongly to the price. The Makena (FH of around the same age), is transacting at around the same psf, if not lower.

I learn from agents several tenants after staying in Meyer are looking for units at Tj Rhu for their next lease. But for my own stay, i would prefer Meyer =)

zeamybro
20-10-13, 22:53

I think the serenity of the place has been disturbed quite a fair bit in the recent years. I am seeing many families from elsewhere driving to the enclave, park their cars by the roadside for picnics on the grass patches by the bay. The place becomes extremely packed during new year eve or national day, with people flocking to the GBTB (east) to enjoy the fireworks. Sometimes, the TP would set up road blocks, allowing only cars with resident passes to drive into the enclave.

I personally don't look forward to the building of a MRT station there. Rental is going to suffer for many years during the construction.

puffer_fish
21-10-13, 00:08
See how ...my vacant unit has been used as a warehouse, as it next block to where I stay

till date I only been a buyer and never a seller for properties, so price fluctuations dont matter to me.

Dont think I be moving elsewhere but my kids, when they grow up might prefer other estates under their name , so lets see.

I am ok with fellow singaporean residences to go over to the garden by the bay east via here, cos singapore belongs to all singaporeans.

as for the control of traffic, well full compliment to mr Lim Biow Chuan:cheers1:. Been working closely with him and he is one hands on MP. Even replying u at 1am:cheers1:

minority
21-10-13, 06:27

true but dont look at just LH or FH need to look at proximity to facilities. meyer have its attraction. TanJong Rhu have its speciality. once the ERL is finalized and announced. Expect new condo launch in that area. I am sure price will move up much more then.

lkm
25-10-13, 11:05
There was news announced back in 2006 by Mah Bow Tan of MND that they will build a pedestrian bridge linking Tj Rhu to Marina Centre. Anyone knows the development of this story? Seems no news after that.

zeamybro
16-05-14, 00:18
Mall at Singapore Sports Hub to be named Kallang Wave

SINGAPORE - SMRT and NTUC Fairprice have named their joint venture mall at the Singapore Sports Hub Kallang Wave.

Get the full story from The Straits Times.

Here is the press statement from SMRT:

The retail mall in iconic Singapore Sports Hub is officially named Kallang Wave today. Taking root from its location and the old National Stadium's "Kallang Wave", the mall is synonymous with national pride and celebrations, and takes its inspiration from the architectural wave-like contours of the mall. As the retail heart of the Singapore Sports Hub, Kallang Wave completes your visit and is about the everyday experiences that shape the lives of Singaporeans - and presents a new wave to Shop. Dine. Play.

Strong anchors of Kallang Wave are both homegrown and international brands to reflect the diverse lifestyle preferences of Singaporeans. FairPrice Xtra, a sports-themed hypermart offering one of the largest variety of organic produce and Foodfare with a seating capacity of over 800 and 17 stalls offering healthy food options and a waterfront view. For the stylish, Kallang Wave will feature Swedish fashion sensation H&M, which will open with the widest Olympic-grade sports collection; UNIQLO, renowned for its premium yet affordable and versatile Japanese clothes; Forever 21, a magnet for the trend-savvy, and Australia's Harvey Norman with a wide range of fitness and health products.

Features of the 41,000sqm mall include climbing walls located from the basement to the 3rd floor, and a rooftop water park. Coupled with the exciting mix of F&B and retail stores in the mall, Kallang Wave offers a unique Shop, Dine and Play experience for Singaporeans, like no other.

Kallang Wave is just steps away from Stadium Circle Line Station and minutes away from other Circle Line stations such as Mountbatten and Dakota, as well as the East West Line Kallang Station. There is also direct access from Nicoll Highway and Stadium Boulevard, and parking in the vicinity has been boosted by some 500 carpark spaces directly under the mall.

COO of Sports Hub Mr Oon Jin Teik, says, "The Singapore Sports Hub is a place built for Singaporeans to watch, play and support sports and entertainment. Together with SMRT and NTUC Fairprice, we are creating a diverse, inspiring and inclusive experience that encourages people to make sports part of their daily lives. With its innovative layout and tenant selection, we are confident the Kallang Wave will attract a strong interest even among the less active to participate in sports."

President and CEO, SMRT Corporation, Mr Desmond Kuek said, "There is great synergy in SMRT and NTUC FairPrice jointly operating the mall. Our choice for naming it 'Kallang Wave' was unanimous. The Kallang Wave retains the association with the old National Stadium, and symbolises the distinctive spirit, energy and close community ties. The excellent accessibility by train on SMRT's Circle Line and East- West Line enhances the value proposition of the mall for all Singaporeans and visitors."

Mr Tan Kian Chew, Group CEO of NTUC FairPrice affirms, "FairPrice Xtra stores provide a one-stop shopping experience for the entire family. We are pleased to be at the forefront in bringing new and exciting retail experiences to our customers. Beyond the wide range of fresh produce, meats and grocery, our seventh FairPrice Xtra store at Kallang Wave mall will be Singapore's first sports-themed hypermarket. It will offer a good selection of bicycles, sporting equipment, accessories and sportswear besides our usual household consumables, electronics and casual wear. We are proud to play a part in this project as we believe that sports is an excellent platform to strengthen community bonding." Vibrant and Exciting Brands

The mall is specially designed to appeal to a broad spectrum of the community, comprising families, youth, seniors, sports enthusiasts and lifestylers. The trade mix of almost equal retail and F&B options, coupled with the goal of pulling in established local and international brands at affordable price points formed the core of our leasing strategy.

The brand offerings at Kallang Wave are in two distinct clusters:

Retail: Fashion, Specialties & Sports, Hypermarket and Services

F&B: Quick bites, Foodcourt, Cafés , Chill out and Dine-in

Shopping at Kallang Wave is about the thrill of a fashion steal, the excitement in trying out a newly bought health gadget, functional and affordable sporting gear, and the anticipation of envy and compliments on great buys.

A Fashion and Specialties & Sports cluster with H&M, UNIQLO, Forever 21, Hoops, New Balance, Outdoor Sports Travel, Power Up Express, Runnur, Sports Link, Weston Corporation, and more, makes it a one-stop area for families, youth and sports enthusiasts. Kallang Wave is also the place to fulfil the banking, beauty and pharmaceutical needs of shoppers.

It is all about indulging in all day dining, every day. Whether you live to eat, or eat to live, there are options for almost every palette and pocket. Kallang Wave is the place for precious bonding time over the warmth of a steaming bowl of ramen, claypot rice or bak kut teh, the intimate chatter amidst the aroma of freshly ground coffee or dining with a postcard view of Singapore's residential and business district landmarks.

A food lane features a stretch of local delights such as A-One Claypot, Curry Times, My Briyani House and Old Street Bak Kut Teh. For shoppers and spectators, they can enjoy the options of Quick bites such as Burger King, Fun Toast, Gourmet Pizza To Go, Popeyes, Smoothie King and Sogurt. For Cafés, we have favourites such as Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and Starbucks.

For Dine-in, Singaporeans will be spoilt for choice at Astons, Issho Izakaya, Manhattan Fish Market, Poulet and Shokudo at Kallang Wave. Next door at the Singapore Indoor Stadium, enjoy craft beers at Brewerkz, steamboat at Mushroom Pot, Asian specialties at Thai Village and Mexican and Indian cuisine with a selection of vegetarian options at Myra's Beach Club. New Wave to Play 15. Adventurous families and friends can immerse themselves in a range of healthy and high-adrenaline sporting activities in and around the Kallang Wave mall. The mall will also sport a vertical playground for aspiring and professional climbers at Climb Central situated centrally near the atrium of the mall, and a rooftop water park. New Wave of Partners 16. Joining in the Kallang Wave for a year of retail excitement are - Citibank Singapore and OCBC Bank. 17. As the presenting bank partner, Citibank will offer exclusive privileges and benefits to all its portfolio of cardmembers in the commute, shopping and dining space on top of ATM facilities in the mall. Citibank SMRT cardmembers will also enjoy preferential shopping and dining deals at Kallang Wave. They will be able to redeem vouchers to enjoy free train and bus rides to Kallang Wave Mall or offset SMRT taxi fares. 18. OCBC will offer their card customers parking privileges. As the official card sponsor of the BNP Paribas WTA Championships in October, OCBC Card customers can also enjoy more WTA privileges and benefits in the OCBC card spend and redeem programme when they shop at the mall. 19. Kallang Wave will open from June with exciting shopping promotions and rewards.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/mall-singapore-sports-hub-be-named-kallang-wave

princess_morbucks
16-05-14, 09:54
Wow, another place to shop and dine when Kallang Wave is ready!
I wonder what will happen to the sleepy Kallang Leisure Park when Kallang Wave is ready.
KLP is undergoing renovation but the progress is so slow.

zeamybro
17-05-14, 00:10
Wow, another place to shop and dine when Kallang Wave is ready!
I wonder what will happen to the sleepy Kallang Leisure Park when Kallang Wave is ready.
KLP is undergoing renovation but the progress is so slow.

I only go there for cold storage and guardian ... Nothing else. Carpark is easy though .....

smallant
17-05-14, 07:21
Kallang leisure got more things la.. ice skating, yahama, n food !!
Try the jap there.. a tad expensive but not bad.. :-)

Jonathan0503
18-05-14, 17:14
Kallang leisure got more things la.. ice skating, yahama, n food !!
Try the jap there.. a tad expensive but not bad.. :-)

Yes, I go there for movies and bowling.

Parking is cheap too.

Actually I am hoping it maintains it's current not so crowded status. If gets too crowded, might not go there anymore