PDA

View Full Version : Parc SeaBreeze (D15, Freehold, Tiong Aik)

Pages : 1 [2]

devilplate
21-02-12, 08:04
wow, where is this area of yours where a condo is more expensive than a landed unit? assuming that both are of equal size eh?
orchard lor....where else

eng81157
21-02-12, 08:11
orchard lor....where else

pardon me being a mountain tortise.....but why would a landed be cheaper than a condo unit in town, other than foreigners having limited access to landed properties?! unless u are using the marq as a yardstick?

devilplate
21-02-12, 08:14
pardon me being a mountain tortise.....but why would a landed be cheaper than a condo unit in town, other than foreigners having limited access to landed properties?! unless u are using the marq as a yardstick?
possible wat....

he nvr say comparing wat size leh

can be smallest IT in orchard area vs BIG BIG condos like ardmore park?

landed built in vs condo built in cud be the similar but condo cost more....y not....like verte PH cost more den IT in TK rite?

bullman
21-02-12, 08:15
wow, where is this area of yours where a condo is more expensive than a landed unit? assuming that both are of equal size eh?

Core D9. Condo psf is higher than landed psf.

If I compare the landed psf in my area behind Lucky Plaza, the last done IT at Jalan Kayu Manis is $2576 psf with a land size of 1650 sqft vs the last done TOR across the road at $3600 psf with a strata size of 2465 sqft. You decide.

eng81157
21-02-12, 08:16
possible wat....

he nvr say comparing wat size leh

can be smallest IT in orchard area vs BIG BIG condos like ardmore park?

landed built in vs condo built in coz be the same but condo cost more....y not....like verte PH cost more den IT in TK rite?

eh already put up a disclaimer to say that must compare equal size units....

bullman
21-02-12, 08:16
bcoz condos free flow for foreigners mah.....

rules of the game had changed hor.....

You are back bro. been bargain hunting over the past few weeks? Or more like a quiet reflection moving forward.

devilplate
21-02-12, 08:19
eh already put up a disclaimer to say that must compare equal size units....
dun understand leh....

landed built in shd be comparable to 2k+ sqft rite?

devilplate
21-02-12, 08:23
You are back bro. been bargain hunting over the past few weeks? Or more like a quiet reflection moving forward.

i will only touch SG ppty again once cm4 and 5 REMOVED

however i still got visit showflats.....my hobby mah....tcss wif agts too....hehehe

PAP is double cfm gearing towards populist liao hor.....u see latest budget......

bullman
21-02-12, 08:27
i will only touch SG ppty again once cm4 and 5 REMOVED

however i still got visit showflats.....my hobby mah....tcss wif agts too....hehehe

PAP is double cfm gearing towards populist liao hor.....u see latest budget......

Yes. I tend to agree with you. The foreign big players are all gone after the latest CM. I see the smaller players moving towards the 4xx , 5xx and 6xx k new launches as the 10% ASD is more acceptable to them.

Prices are pretty stagnant moving forward, so there are many opportunities for everyone to board the boat.

devilplate
21-02-12, 08:34
Yes. I tend to agree with you. The foreign big players are all gone after the latest CM. I see the smaller players moving towards the 4xx , 5xx and 6xx k new launches as the 10% ASD is more acceptable to them.

Prices are pretty stagnant moving forward, so there are many opportunities for everyone to board the boat.

even MM new launches psf stagnant/softening liao....no more record breaking.....

guillemard edge 1250psf whereas cosmo across the road oredi tx 1650psf lor for similar size......shdnt be such a big discount for the address rite? LOL

HCJH
25-02-12, 18:01
Anybody hear anything about the lawsuit between The Seaview vs developer? Both are done by same contractor (Tiong Aik); including Coralis.

According to the Straits Times, complaints also included shoddy workmanship and bad smells in the units.
Floor traps and pipes in the kitchen were not installed properly, leading to food waste being stuck in the pipes, resulting in foul smells and flies in the units.
In addition, the estate's water bill for common areas once spiked to about $20,000 a month, from $4,000.

I can understand if quality on finishes is substandard but how to live in smelly unit everyday? I think no tenant would want to live in it too.

Hope history does not repeat itself.

eng81157
27-02-12, 08:07
Anybody hear anything about the lawsuit between The Seaview vs developer? Both are done by same contractor (Tiong Aik); including Coralis.

According to the Straits Times, complaints also included shoddy workmanship and bad smells in the units.
Floor traps and pipes in the kitchen were not installed properly, leading to food waste being stuck in the pipes, resulting in foul smells and flies in the units.
In addition, the estate's water bill for common areas once spiked to about $20,000 a month, from $4,000.

I can understand if quality on finishes is substandard but how to live in smelly unit everyday? I think no tenant would want to live in it too.

Hope history does not repeat itself.

there are 4 parties named in the complaint so can't be sure what's wrong

mcmlxxvi
27-02-12, 10:23
even MM new launches psf stagnant/softening liao....no more record breaking.....

guillemard edge 1250psf whereas cosmo across the road oredi tx 1650psf lor for similar size......shdnt be such a big discount for the address rite? LOL
Cosmo above 4th floor unblocked view. Many units got marina bay and city view plus fireworks view. GE how to compare? Maybe Nicole Green. But this 99LH and older.

HCJH
27-02-12, 13:52
Worried, as Parc Seabreeze's developer and main contractor is the same "Tiong Aik".

Went to take a look at their finishing product last weekend and to my horror, the void level 2, 3 and 4 below stack 05/06 has all the big big pipes exposed in full view of any passerby!!!! How could this happen? I suppose all pipes should be concealed for condos unlike the HDBs??

Or at least there should be some designed raillings to camouflage those huge pipings. :doh:

eng81157
27-02-12, 14:41
Worried, as Parc Seabreeze's developer and main contractor is the same "Tiong Aik".

Went to take a look at their finishing product last weekend and to my horror, the void level 2, 3 and 4 below stack 05/06 has all the big big pipes exposed in full view of any passerby!!!! How could this happen? I suppose all pipes should be concealed for condos unlike the HDBs??

Or at least there should be some designed raillings to camouflage those huge pipings. :doh:

are u vested in the development then?

mcmlxxvi
27-02-12, 15:23

I think these two years count as high construction cost era so a lot of them do away with non essentials such
as what you mentioned. I am starting to really believe when a project chooses to TOP will also affect its value... I think Citylights also right? First floor super elevated can clearly see all the running piping etc...

HCJH
27-02-12, 16:11
Really? I have not seen any condo with this design. Even mass market project is properly if not beautifully done. I would consider Parc Seabreeze a mid end to high end project considering the price we have to pay > $1.5mil condo !!!

The finishing product looks like a barely $1.2mil-$1.3mil rental apartment instead (of course taking into account of its location).

Shawn
03-03-12, 03:17
Do you think the psf price will be pushed up further with the announcement of the marine parade mrt station? Did the katong mall pushed up the price recently? If the answer is yes, then there may be upside potential going forward

The answer is obvious. Price will go up but will solidify this year before the next up cycle.

In addition, prime D15 location like Amber, Meyer and Marine Parade will always call a higher price compared to many other districts. This has been proven throughout the past 20 years. This location is extremely popular with locals as well as foreigners.

Ed Wong
03-03-12, 11:29
Did u get to see the finishings & fittings in the development? I thought it should be of good quality & standard!
Any idea when is the top?

HCJH
03-03-12, 19:01
I noticed the prices of a few projects at Meyer Road TOP 1 or 2 years back the caveat dropped one transaction after another and it is of high end market and expensive fittings and finishes.

dtrax
03-03-12, 19:03
Well, it could be high quantum units so harder to move, these owners probably drop prices in order to meet buyers' expectations. As long as there is no net loss, these owners can still get pretty good gains assuming they bot at the correct time

HCJH
03-03-12, 19:10
Many projects around like Silversea, The Shore, The Cape, 16 Amber, Amber Residences and Coralis will TOP around 2013/2014 - tenant will be spoilt for choices and rental will be suppressed. Even at this low mortgage rate i believe most will have to rent out $5000 to break even and One Amber only asking abt $4500 and the 5yrs old ones nearby rented out at $3,800 though they call for higher.

HCJH
03-03-12, 19:12
Well, it could be high quantum units so harder to move, these owners probably drop prices in order to meet buyers' expectations. As long as there is no net loss, these owners can still get pretty good gains assuming they bot at the correct time

They are of very good size 1,350-1,500 sqft 3 bedrm and some even high floors! Is this a bad sign or have I read too much into it?

bargain hunter
03-03-12, 20:55
as per the thread i started:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=13068

apparently high end are showing signs of struggling. after dec measures, the foreigners are completely put off. local investors/PRs are more cautious when putting 40% + 6% down for high quantum purchases.

They are of very good size 1,350-1,500 sqft 3 bedrm and some even high floors! Is this a bad sign or have I read too much into it?

HCJH
04-03-12, 09:05
as per the thread i started:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=13068

apparently high end are showing signs of struggling. after dec measures, the foreigners are completely put off. local investors/PRs are more cautious when putting 40% + 6% down for high quantum purchases.

That's the catch. High end = prestigious address = quality finishing = building design look expensive = air-conditioned lift lobby = air-conditioned study/reading room in the building for use = big club house = $1500psqft X 1500 = $2.25m mid to high floor.

Can Parc Seabreeze compete with this?

eng81157
05-03-12, 14:24
That's the catch. High end = prestigious address = quality finishing = building design look expensive = air-conditioned lift lobby = air-conditioned study/reading room in the building for use = big club house = $1500psqft X 1500 = $2.25m mid to high floor.

Can Parc Seabreeze compete with this?

i would then encourage you to put your resources into somewhere that fits your bill, instead of venting around here and comparing. there is no free lunch in the world. funky facilities = funky maintennace bill, simple as that. lots of development along river valley do not have funky facilities but that does not make them low class.

if the purported MRT is gonna be where it is supposed to be, should we then be putting down developments like Ola residences or Amber residences when PSB is a 5min walk away?

HCJH
05-03-12, 19:11
i would then encourage you to put your resources into somewhere that fits your bill, instead of venting around here and comparing. there is no free lunch in the world. funky facilities = funky maintennace bill, simple as that. lots of development along river valley do not have funky facilities but that does not make them low class.

if the purported MRT is gonna be where it is supposed to be, should we then be putting down developments like Ola residences or Amber residences when PSB is a 5min walk away?

I know where exactly to park my money and am airing my views here not venting and yes comparing around district 15 here and not river valley.

The Seaview is paying $390 maintenance and I presume Parc Seabreeze also paying the same price: "funky facilities = funky maintennace bill' ?

Would prospective tenants not looking at the facilities in the condo? One with large landscaping, big pools, gym, big clubhouse to compare.

Well, you park your money here and that's why you take offence in people's views.

HCJH
05-03-12, 19:27
10 years ago, a friend of mine bought a condo unit during the launch and developer had the MRT Map in the showroom indicating sooner or later there would be a train station right in front of the condo because there is a station missing throughout the stretch. Today, there is no sign of the train station at all and he has been trying hard to sell off his condo these days.

T,fore, from some years ago, developers, showrooms and agents are not allowed to promote their apartments base on speculative MRT station.

Well, you may be right but who knows where exactly is the spot. There are soil testing everywhere even telok kurau up to siglap ... since they announced that there will be eastern circle line. This is top secret nobody is supposed to know where exactly.

eng81157
06-03-12, 08:18
I know where exactly to park my money and am airing my views here not venting and yes comparing around district 15 here and not river valley.

The Seaview is paying $390 maintenance and I presume Parc Seabreeze also paying the same price: "funky facilities = funky maintennace bill' ?

Would prospective tenants not looking at the facilities in the condo? One with large landscaping, big pools, gym, big clubhouse to compare.

Well, you park your money here and that's why you take offence in people's views.

wow, now you can even predict the quantum of the maintennance bill and here's precisely why your comments are flawed. conversely, i can presume that the maintennance bill is $100.

so, there are lots of developments around river valley with your purported arguments. at least i don't assume a higher moral ground by debasing another development.

ezonme
06-03-12, 12:04

Soon, every corner in Spore will have MRT station. Not too sure the hype abt project near MRT will still hold in the future.

eng81157
06-03-12, 12:29
Soon, every corner in Spore will have MRT station. Not too sure the hype abt project near MRT will still hold in the future.

can't predict the hype either, but it's sure hot at the moment. look at bedok and punggol going at $1200-1400psf for a leasehold unit.

minority
06-03-12, 16:03
can't predict the hype either, but it's sure hot at the moment. look at bedok and punggol going at $1200-1400psf for a leasehold unit.

Soon Chicken Rice will be $10 a plate.

Piglet
06-03-12, 16:54
Soon Chicken Rice will be $10 a plate.

I just ate yong tau foo for $7.50...
Getting there...

mcmlxxvi
06-03-12, 17:46

The competition will then be on x steps to mrt...

HCJH
06-03-12, 18:24

Yes, exactly .... same sentiment here.

HCJH
06-03-12, 18:32
wow, now you can even predict the quantum of the maintennance bill and here's precisely why your comments are flawed. conversely, i can presume that the maintennance bill is $100.

so, there are lots of developments around river valley with your purported arguments. at least i don't assume a higher moral ground by debasing another development.

In this case my prediction came true - $385 for Parc Seabreeze and Coralis. I dont speculate like you about the MRT. I checked with developers before giving out information here. My friend lived in The Seaview so I knew the maintenance there. I even know the surrounding projects' maintenance fee too. I did a comparison not debasing.

Do not utter nonsense and make a fool of yourself.

eng81157
07-03-12, 07:57
In this case my prediction came true - $385 for Parc Seabreeze and Coralis. I dont speculate like you about the MRT. I checked with developers before giving out information here. My friend lived in The Seaview so I knew the maintenance there. I even know the surrounding projects' maintenance fee too. I did a comparison not debasing.

Do not utter nonsense and make a fool of yourself.

wow, u can provide such an accurate figure when both developments aren't even completed. so either you got a huge crystalball or you're treating an estimate as cast in concrete.

and u think the rest of us do not know the maintennace fees of the surrounding projects? either you are a soothsayer or a know-it-all moron. i did a comparison, not debasing. nevertheless, it's a waste to throw pearls at swines so, shall stop at comparing with you and yourself

ezonme
07-03-12, 11:34

I dont think punggol and bedok is because of the mrt. Bedok is because of mature estate and punggol is because of the water front project by govt.

eng81157
07-03-12, 11:41
I dont think punggol and bedok is because of the mrt. Bedok is because of mature estate and punggol is because of the water front project by govt.

matter of fact is bedok residences command a $200-400 premium over developments around bedok reservoir. both are equally mature while the former has greater accessibility and proximity to mrt.

HCJH
11-03-12, 15:42
wow, u can provide such an accurate figure when both developments aren't even completed. so either you got a huge crystalball or you're treating an estimate as cast in concrete.

and u think the rest of us do not know the maintennace fees of the surrounding projects? either you are a soothsayer or a know-it-all moron. i did a comparison, not debasing. nevertheless, it's a waste to throw pearls at swines so, shall stop at comparing with you and yourself

The one that think he is a know-it-all moron is YOU and YOURSELF. You do not even know the exact figure to pay for maintenance before buying the project. Did not ask the developer? Shame on you. This figure is quoted to me by the developer of Parc Seabreeze and Coralise upon enquiry.

I do not want to waste my time arguing with someone that do not know facts and talk stupidly here.

Everyone here is prohibited to talk negatively about Parc Seabreeze just because he owns a unit here.:D

HCJH
11-03-12, 15:47

Yes, the guy is speculating heavily on his FUTURE MRT in front of his Parc Seabreeze that's why he is saying that Bedok and Punggol priced higher. However, reality is people buy these project at premium is with 100% guarantee that the MRT is already there.

His is nowhere in sight yet!!??

eng81157
11-03-12, 20:56
The one that think he is a know-it-all moron is YOU and YOURSELF. You do not even know the exact figure to pay for maintenance before buying the project. Did not ask the developer? Shame on you. This figure is quoted to me by the developer of Parc Seabreeze and Coralise upon enquiry.

I do not want to waste my time arguing with someone that do not know facts and talk stupidly here.

Everyone here is prohibited to talk negatively about Parc Seabreeze just because he owns a unit here.:D

no one is prohibiting you from talking negatively. i'm just saying you're behaving like a know-it-all. and you think that ONLY you have the brains to enquire about the maintennace sum. pathetic when you look at your assumptions and arguments.

to put it simply, if you're playing chess, you are 2 steps behind

HCJH
12-03-12, 11:41
no one is prohibiting you from talking negatively. i'm just saying you're behaving like a know-it-all. and you think that ONLY you have the brains to enquire about the maintennace sum. pathetic when you look at your assumptions and arguments.

Know-it-all for the news about the law suit between The Sea View and Parc Seabreeze's developer? About the maintenance fee and about the comparison betweeen what other surrounding condo has to offer other than your Parc Seabreeze?

These are known facts to people out there and I am just bringing it out for discussion. You are either too arrogant, immature or a nuisance here to take things so personally as to call people names. Go for the anger management course to have a better composure of yourself in public.

Well, to explain all these, you must be a first timer to buy a condo beside your HDB. So, we are certainly not the same league.

HCJH
12-03-12, 11:44

Absolutely way ahead of you...:)

12-03-12, 14:30
I saw the pipes too few weeks ago and agreed with HJC that these pipes are unsightly. But my $$$$ Indo friend who is interest in this project don't care when I highlighted to them. What attracted him is the location and the vibrant surrounding especially after 112 opened its door. He told me the traffic jam now at 112 junction is a good sign that the area is hot. Wow, I now understand why he is rich.

devilplate
12-03-12, 15:00
I saw the pipes too few weeks ago and agreed with HJC that these pipes are unsightly. But my $$$$ Indo friend who is interest in this project don't care when I highlighted to them. What attracted him is the location and the vibrant surrounding especially after 112 opened its door. He told me the traffic jam now at 112 junction is a good sign that the area is hot. Wow, I now understand why he is rich.
ur fren dun mind 10% absd?

eng81157
12-03-12, 17:13

maybe a rich timber tycoon. was there couple of weekends ago for dinner and it was a nightmare trying to get a carpark around that area.

next avenue for business would probably be to build more multi-storey carparks

Shawn
12-03-12, 17:28

Wait till the upgraded Paramount Shopping Centre and refurbished Roxy Square are opened, and that area will be the 2nd Orchard Road.

Heard there are also enbloc talks on the old Katong Shopping Centre.

In 2-3 years time, this stretch of road from Katong Shopping Centre to Katong i12 to Parkway Parade will be a mini Orchard Road. And with that, a new psf price for the new condos around that area. I can bet $2000psf will be a norm in that area, if not higher 2-3 years from now.

12-03-12, 17:55

Of couse he knew. Doesn't mean that if GST goes up to 10% you stop consuming.

devilplate
12-03-12, 19:04
Of couse he knew. Doesn't mean that if GST goes up to 10% you stop consuming.
Only make sense if he buying for a home to stay in sg....

For investment, ur fren can buy london ppty for eg.

eng81157
12-03-12, 19:24
Only make sense if he buying for a home to stay in sg....

For investment, ur fren can buy london ppty for eg.

FX quite volatile nowadays leh

devilplate
12-03-12, 19:25
FX quite volatile nowadays leh
Indo fren leh.....

Sgd aso volatile....hehehe

eng81157
12-03-12, 20:45
Indo fren leh.....

Sgd aso volatile....hehehe

not worried about rupiah, since it's growing from strength to strength. it's SGD and GBP.

devilplate
12-03-12, 20:52
not worried about rupiah, since it's growing from strength to strength. it's SGD and GBP.
Exactly....

Indo fren using rupiah to buy sg ppty rite?

eng81157
12-03-12, 21:01
Exactly....

Indo fren using rupiah to buy sg ppty rite?

eh, can't be that sure. lots of indon wealth parked in singapore leh especially ever since the fall of suharto and the subsequent persecution of wealthy indo-chinese

HCJH
14-03-12, 15:06
Visited a new project at Meyer Road. Fully captivated by the interior especially the Crystal Look marble flooring and yes, right into the kitchen. German brand fittings and even utility toilet has brandt fittings. Impeccable.

HCJH
14-03-12, 15:19

It is no doubt that PS is located at a good spot. I was also looking at it as an investment tool to park some money. However, like what you mentioned about the human/traffic congestion around the area is quite stressful to call home for me.

I like the feel of coming home to a serene and quiet environment after a stressful day. :cheers4:

okacin
18-03-12, 01:52
It is no doubt that PS is located at a good spot. I was also looking at it as an investment tool to park some money. However, like what you mentioned about the human/traffic congestion around the area is quite stressful to call home for me.

I like the feel of coming home to a serene and quiet environment after a stressful day. :cheers4:

haha...stressful meh? Can go next door 112 with quite a few cafes and GV to catch a movie to de-stress ;)

Else pop over to east coast park for a run, cycling or swim also can de-stress.

I love this vicinity!! hehe...

chijoe
19-03-12, 14:31

I do a lot of profiling and from the way this guy writes (yes, the poster is a guy), he is sounding like a male in 30s, lives in HDB, put a lot of his money into the project. Probably no child of his own too and trolling these forums giving himself some self satisfaction. The other posters are most likely to be females who like the location but are on the fence on investing here.

Anyway, I used to own 3 units here. 2 from developer and 1 from sub sale. I'm down to 2 units now. If you ask the agents, they'll tell you it's $67 per share. That brings it to $465-470 for a 3 bedder. The developer says $385 and that's only for the first year and before MCST comes in. The developer is correct. During first year, the developer has the power to negotiate better fees from the main cons. The MCST will not. So if you are a buyer, consider these facts.

Nobody can refute the good location of this project. I invest in properties and had to let go of a unit here because it was too close to Coralis and boy did those pipes look unsightly. Normal investors don't bother with this but I'm an aesthetics kind of person and believe in the overall appeal. The developer could have done a better job at this.

At the end of the day, everyone just wants to make money. My bankers are telling me that now is a good time to let both go. For once, I'd like to try an experiment and see what the other owners think.

HCJH
19-03-12, 16:58
Yes, you do not need to wait till the completion of the project to know the maintenance fee. And, I usually factor this fee into the rental, which some agents would say "Oh, normally people do not add the maintenance fee ..." so they could quote you high % yield.

Yes, the appeal and facilities are also important to me.

HCJH
19-03-12, 17:08
haha...stressful meh? Can go next door 112 with quite a few cafes and GV to catch a movie to de-stress ;)

Else pop over to east coast park for a run, cycling or swim also can de-stress.

I love this vicinity!! hehe...

I lived at East Coast Road and visited this area very often. I noticed that a lot of people would walk pass the pavement towards Katong and certainly the entrance of the 2 projects and lots of cars coming into the road due to the I12 Katong Mall.

If you live in PS it will be a challenge when you drive, be it coming home or going to work. Needs a lot patience and be careful not to knock any passerby if not cars.

I love this vicinity too. That's why am looking at Meyer for own stay and pondering over PS for investment.

urban
23-03-12, 21:34
I am vested in PSB too.
Yeah, it is getting crowded. But the upside is the number of nice food places in Joo Chiat and Tanjong Katong Road. A lot of convenient places for chilling, makan and relaxing.

Movie theatre and the beach is round the corner.

I am looking forward to moving but the rooms are probably smaller than my current place. Sianz.

devilplate
24-03-12, 00:40
Got big problem driving in and out during wkend evening for psb and coralis.....112 giving both conveniences and inconveniences at the same time

DC33_2008
24-03-12, 07:46
Wait for weekend with church goers from the nearby church before or after service.:doh:
I lived at East Coast Road and visited this area very often. I noticed that a lot of people would walk pass the pavement towards Katong and certainly the entrance of the 2 projects and lots of cars coming into the road due to the I12 Katong Mall.

If you live in PS it will be a challenge when you drive, be it coming home or going to work. Needs a lot patience and be careful not to knock any passerby if not cars.

I love this vicinity too. That's why am looking at Meyer for own stay and pondering over PS for investment.

HCJH
24-03-12, 14:09
My friend said he could hear the church bell every weekend too.

Urban is right about the room size. With just 1292sqft, they have big balcony cum planter box in the living and all the other three bedrooms. Will have to fix them with those Chen Nai wood which is quite costly for so many.

I think the developer earn big bucks cos I heard they dont pay for planter boxes but it is included in the floor area that we have to pay! Balcony?

HCJH
24-03-12, 14:23
Chinese Indon in Singapore everywhere. 7 yrs ago, I have a few Chinese Indon neighbours. 3 yrs ago, moved to another project also some Chinese Indon neighbours. Now, also have Chinese Indon neighbours. Ha Ha ha of course some other nationalities too.

The seriously rich ones only have eyes for dist 1,2,3 and 9,10,11.

HCJH
24-03-12, 14:38
I do a lot of profiling and from the way this guy writes (yes, the poster is a guy), he is sounding like a male in 30s, lives in HDB, put a lot of his money into the project. Probably no child of his own too and trolling these forums giving himself some self satisfaction. The other posters are most likely to be females who like the location but are on the fence on investing here.

Anyway, I used to own 3 units here. 2 from developer and 1 from sub sale. I'm down to 2 units now. If you ask the agents, they'll tell you it's $67 per share. That brings it to $465-470 for a 3 bedder. The developer says $385 and that's only for the first year and before MCST comes in. The developer is correct. During first year, the developer has the power to negotiate better fees from the main cons. The MCST will not. So if you are a buyer, consider these facts.

Nobody can refute the good location of this project. I invest in properties and had to let go of a unit here because it was too close to Coralis and boy did those pipes look unsightly. Normal investors don't bother with this but I'm an aesthetics kind of person and believe in the overall appeal. The developer could have done a better job at this.

At the end of the day, everyone just wants to make money. My bankers are telling me that now is a good time to let both go. For once, I'd like to try an experiment and see what the other owners think.

Interestingly I was told by my banker to hold and not to buy yet. The transactions for resale/subsale has been down for sometime and if this goes on next would be the prices. Hmm looks like good deals are not far away err end 2012...2013/2014? :cheers4:

DC33_2008
24-03-12, 15:43
Why follow advice from Banker for property investment? There is a gap between buyer and seller's expectation now. You may be able to get slightly better deal from projects that TOP in 2-3 years time. Low transaction volume for resale does not mean drop in price, ie. fire sale.
Interestingly I was told by my banker to hold and not to buy yet. The transactions for resale/subsale has been down for sometime and if this goes on next would be the prices. Hmm looks like good deals are not far away err end 2012...2013/2014? :cheers4:

HCJH
26-03-12, 12:52
Why follow advice from Banker for property investment? There is a gap between buyer and seller's expectation now. You may be able to get slightly better deal from projects that TOP in 2-3 years time. Low transaction volume for resale does not mean drop in price, ie. fire sale.

Banker is supposed to know a great deal about the current financial/economic situations. I think for investors like chijoe and myself we have been having very good relationship with our bankers for years and projects and they have been giving us valuable and insight advice so far thus the trust is there.

Although sometimes I may choose to defy their advice but over the years all investments turned out pretty profitable.

Of course we are not talking as though property prices will plunge overnight but the down trend is obvious that's why the low resale transactions.

marktkt22
12-06-12, 15:04
Every unit advertised is at least 2m .!

HCJH
14-06-12, 17:19
OMG! Property prices flying off the roof everywhere... Someone offered 3.5m for mine at Meyer Road...bought 2yrs ago at +-2.2m. Now my headache is sell or not to sell...still going up...

Laguna
14-06-12, 17:29
OMG! Property prices flying off the roof everywhere... Someone offered 3.5m for mine at Meyer Road...bought 2yrs ago at +-2.2m. Now my headache is sell or not to sell...still going up...

where ru going to stay after selling
sell high buy high

HCJH
14-06-12, 17:41
Bought another unit not long ago after Dec cooling measures not effective...

Anyone selling Parc Seabreeze? Saw one latest transaction 1.83

urban
04-09-12, 07:03
Project TOP already.

Anyone collected keys?

DC33_2008
04-09-12, 08:57
Saw a unit on the 8th floor with lights on last Friday.

urban
05-09-12, 21:32
Saw a unit on the 8th floor with lights on last Friday.

2nd floor unit also seems to be occupied. I am still waiting for 7th month to be over.

phantom_opera
05-09-12, 22:07
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/e/7/e/f/e7efa121238971_1_V550.jpg

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/2/0/f/9/20f9c724669301_1_V550.jpg

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/d/9/e/b/d9eb8c24124377_1_V550.jpg

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/9/f/5/4/9f542925145826_1_V550.jpg

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/3/1/9/3/3193d924863434_1_V550.jpg

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/7/2/e/d/72ed1825140305_1_V550.jpg

leesg123
05-09-12, 22:52
Every unit advertised is at least 2m .!

Looks good from outside and inside, good location too, but the spoiler:
532 Joo Chiat Road

urban
06-09-12, 07:14
Looks good from outside and inside, good location too, but the spoiler:
532 Joo Chiat Road

Got good 'food' right?

carbuncle
06-09-12, 08:20
And according to our handsome bro bj21 this is the next HUAT!!!!!! area!

phantom_opera
06-09-12, 09:03
high floor seaview blocked by 3 blocks of HDBs ... bad fengshui??

:D

carbuncle
06-09-12, 09:16
totally spoilt the view

eng81157
06-09-12, 09:25
those HDB flats have been there eons ago. there is no unblocked seaview for this development

Newbie23
06-09-12, 09:26
totally spoilt the view

better to get a unit in one of the 3 blocks.

carbuncle
06-09-12, 09:33
agree. the hdb way better in terms if view is what you after.

DC33_2008
06-09-12, 09:33
Just like 3 joss-sticks. :beats-me-man:
high floor seaview blocked by 3 blocks of HDBs ... bad fengshui??

:D

zeamybro
06-09-12, 09:52
At least the project gets to enjoy the seabreeze, so the name still holds. Unlike seaview which does not get to enjoy proper seaviews...

Newbie23
06-09-12, 09:55
At least the project gets to enjoy the seabreeze, so the name still holds. Unlike seaview which does not get to enjoy proper seaviews...

For owners of Seaview, i think it is expected since there is so much land in front of them. Land is too exp to be left vacant in SG.

minority
06-09-12, 10:57
For owners of Seaview, i think it is expected since there is so much land in front of them. Land is too exp to be left vacant in SG.

seaview have so much space in the compound. can walk and stroll ard on the project. Seabreeze? go swim also will get gawk by people crossing the street. and the noise from the junction. Seaview will be much better.

bakasa2002
06-09-12, 11:10
seaview have so much space in the compound. can walk and stroll ard on the project. Seabreeze? go swim also will get gawk by people crossing the street. and the noise from the junction. Seaview will be much better.

I tend to agree about the part about pool lacking in privacy, cos' was on my way to 112 last weekend and saw traffic lined along Joo Chiat Road while waiting to enter carpark. Nevertheless, it is in a fantastic location. :)

radha08
07-09-12, 04:27
Won't one lah. Singapore not like rest of the world. Singapore is unique. We will never ever have recession here and Singapore property prices and economy will forever go up up and away!

looks like u were right...:2cents:

eng81157
07-09-12, 08:58

owners bought into this, because of its location, nothing else.

DC33_2008
07-09-12, 09:19
These two developments cater for different group of people. Seabreeze is closer to malls, eateries, market, etc.

carbuncle
07-09-12, 10:01
Is it me or what the building facade keep reminding me of a certain past mobile model

http://www.mobi.am/specs/images/Bosch/909 Dual S.jpg

urban
08-09-12, 09:41
I tend to agree about the part about pool lacking in privacy, cos' was on my way to 112 last weekend and saw traffic lined along Joo Chiat Road while waiting to enter carpark. Nevertheless, it is in a fantastic location. :)

Can always swim on the 14th floor if there is concern about privacy.

phantom_opera
10-09-12, 14:20
The size of balcony of 3br, can have fine dining experience for 6 ppl and say hi to Coralis neighbors :scared-5:

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/e/b/5/a/eb5a7025318132_1_V550.jpg

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/d/b/1/a/db1a8b25318134_1_V550.jpg

the planter can grow organic vege and feed the whole family

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/d/a/4/1/da419525318098_1_V550.jpg

sometimes I wonder you buy a house or buy balcony+planter

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/2/b/5/b/2b5ba325318097_1_V550.jpg

Macam transformers

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/f/d/7/b/fd7bfe25302523_1_V550.jpg

DC33_2008
10-09-12, 14:33
OMG! It is really close to the neigbour.

zeamybro
10-09-12, 15:26
Like many others, I used to be against huge balconies as i find them a great waste of liveable space.

However, I realise many ang mohs tend to like having big big balconies, and quite a handful of viewers actually rejected my unit stating that the balcony is too small. I find that puzzling....

Went to a friend's place to chill out one evening and get to experience her very very big balcony ... lazing on the chair listening to music, enjoying the breeze, half surfing my ipad half dozing off.. . one word to describe "SHIOK" ... The feel of the 'openess and freedom' is not quite like what i get to experience from a small balcony ...

but thats provided u get a decent scenery, no haze and west sun...

phantom_opera
10-09-12, 15:29
Like many others, I used to be against huge balconies as i find them a great waste of liveable space.

However, I realise many ang mohs tend to like having big big balconies, and quite a handful of viewers actually rejected my unit stating that the balcony is too small. I find that puzzling....

Went to a friend's place to chill out one evening and get to experience her very very big balcony ... lazing on the chair listening to music, enjoying the breeze, half surfing my ipad half dozing off.. . one word to describe "SHIOK" ... The feel of the 'openess and freedom' is not quite like what i get to experience from a small balcony ...

but thats provided u get a decent scenery, no haze and west sun...

and privacy ... nowadays condo block to block distance is so close ... if got hot babes opposite ok lah ... what if is indecent old uncle

carbuncle
10-09-12, 15:35
who called me???

zeamybro
10-09-12, 15:37
and privacy ... nowadays condo block to block distance is so close ... if got hot babes opposite ok lah ... what if is indecent old uncle

Oh ya you remind me of something interesting to share...

For projects like Archi, the inner/pool facing units easily cost 100-200K more than the road facing ones. Reason - road facing is noisy although not directly facing and v close to opp HDB

However, a friend who bought Stellar at RV told me his road-facing unit actually cost 90K more than the inner facing ones. Reason - inner facing ones got no privacy cos too near to neighbouring units

phantom_opera
10-09-12, 15:39
Oh ya you remind me of something interesting to share...

For projects like Archi, the inner/pool facing units easily cost 100-200K more than the road facing ones. Reason - road facing is noisy although not directly facing and v close to opp HDB

However, a friend who bought Stellar at RV told me his road-facing unit actually cost 90K more than the inner facing ones. Reason - inner facing ones got no privacy cos too near to neighbouring units

ppl prefer noise/dust than lewd oh ah pek ;)

zeamybro
10-09-12, 15:39
who called me???

If opp neighbour is carbuncle.. .then is safe for yr daughter/wife la..:ashamed1:

minority
12-09-12, 08:31
These two developments cater for different group of people. Seabreeze is closer to malls, eateries, market, etc.

U mean people that want to live in malls? Seaview just a short walk away.

eng81157
12-09-12, 09:05
U mean people that want to live in malls? Seaview just a short walk away.

there are other reasons like being in proximity to tao nan. seaview is out of the 1km range.

blessy888
24-09-12, 23:32
Hi there, interested to know if there is any afternoon sun in the living room on stack 5 units. Thanks in advance.

minority
25-09-12, 01:19
there are other reasons like being in proximity to tao nan. seaview is out of the 1km range.

not exactly 2 of the blocks are in the 1KM range.

eng81157
25-09-12, 09:25

wow, i'm impressed. so that's your definition of a short walk or nearby.

hopeful
25-09-12, 10:12

can be like that?
how they measure the centre of school?

eng81157
25-09-12, 10:21
can be like that?

nope. but i'm not the one that claims seaview is within 1km of tao nan.

minority
25-09-12, 18:30
can be like that?
Yes. U can call the school n ask they will tell u.

blessy888
25-09-12, 23:15
Hi there, interested to know if there is any afternoon sun in the living room on stack 5 units. Thanks in advance.

Anyone can help enlighten the above.

eng81157
03-10-12, 08:52
stack 5 gets the afternoon sun, the entire stretch from balcony, living room and bedrooms.

zeamybro
03-10-12, 08:58
Anyone can help enlighten the above.

Yeah west sun during Mar-Sep period when the sun is coming from NW direction ... during Sep-Mar will be okie as sun is coming from SW

eng81157
03-10-12, 09:11
Yeah west sun during Mar-Sep period when the sun is coming from NW direction ... during Sep-Mar will be okie as sun is coming from SW

eh, the direction of sunlight doesn't change with seasons lah.............unless you're implying that the earth tilts differently.

kane
03-10-12, 09:13
There is a few degree swing of the west sun coming in between March and year end.

zeamybro
03-10-12, 09:15
eh, the direction of sunlight doesn't change with seasons lah.............unless you're implying that the earth tilts differently.

It is the movement of the earth around the sun and the fact that the axis of rotation of the earth is not perpendicular to the plane of solar rotation that gives rise to the changes we see as the seasons.

zeamybro
03-10-12, 09:21
There is a few degree swing of the west sun coming in between March and year end.

Yeah its as much as 22.5 deg to the North (some time in late June) and 22.5 deg to the South (some time in Dec)....

Look at a previous post from our dimension expert kanarazu here:
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=265341&postcount=80

eng81157
03-10-12, 09:29

a few degrees doesn't cause the rays to change from NW to SW......

zeamybro
03-10-12, 09:35
a few degrees doesn't cause the rays to change from NW to SW......

its not just a FEW degrees..... :)

I am currently staying in a slightly SW facing unit ... i get west sun shining into my balcony at an angle during the Sep-Mar period ... but during Mar-Sep, i am spared from it.

kane
03-10-12, 09:49
Got 22 degrees so much? I had the impression it was about 10 degrees swing.

zeamybro
03-10-12, 10:02
Got 22 degrees so much? I had the impression it was about 10 degrees swing.

Yeah its 22.5 degrees

Abstracted from the BCA paper:

North and South facing façades have significantly less exposure to solar gains, especially in Singapore. East and West facing façades are typically defined as siting within a 0º - 22.5º angle North / South to East / West.

Read page 35: http://www.bca.gov.sg/GreenMark/others/bldgplanningmassing.pdf

phantom_opera
03-10-12, 11:39
Yeah its 22.5 degrees

Abstracted from the BCA paper:

North and South facing façades have significantly less exposure to solar gains, especially in Singapore. East and West facing façades are typically defined as siting within a 0º - 22.5º angle North / South to East / West.

Read page 35: http://www.bca.gov.sg/GreenMark/others/bldgplanningmassing.pdf

22.5 degree means facing SSW or NNW??

zeamybro
03-10-12, 11:41
22.5 degree means facing SSW or NNW??

Jun will be NNW and Dec will be SSW

phantom_opera
03-10-12, 12:23
Jun will be NNW and Dec will be SSW

agree ... i have a condo unit facing SSW ... end of year more rain

normally the brick wall at balcony may also help to block west sun when facing SSW or NNW

minority
03-10-12, 12:33
Must move the junction. If not everyone cross the street look into the low floor. Anything below 6 floor all no privacy. Ah pek sit at kopi tiam across street with binoculars can watch the activity. :-)

HCJH
04-10-12, 15:55
Yes, some blocks at The Seaview is within 1km of Tao Nan Sch.
No, the afternoon sun do not shine directly into stack 5 because it is not directly facing west. Only slanted at the balcony area. All the bedrooms and living do not have sun shining in. You will feel some heat but I like the entire house bright instead of dark. There are many agents around and if you are interested you should do a viewing since it is already TOP.

Floor Xpert - Lena Lim
08-10-12, 00:06
Dear Owners,

We are glad to share our services to you here.

Floor Xpert is specialise doing outdoor decking , laminate flooring & baywindows. We have whole range of products for your selection.

Kindly refer to attach pictures for more information. Or visit us at www.floorxpert.com (http://www.floorxpert.com/)

We have done project for Mi Casa, Caspian, Liva, Woodleigh , Optima & etcs

Contact us now 6493 6633

We look forward for your support.

Thank you

Regards
Lena http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

blessy888
16-10-12, 16:49
No, the afternoon sun do not shine directly into stack 5 because it is not directly facing west. Only slanted at the balcony area. All the bedrooms and living do not have sun shining in. You will feel some heat but I like the entire house bright instead of dark. There are many agents around and if you are interested you should do a viewing since it is already TOP.

Thank you for your info. Totally agree with you that the noon sun was at a tilted angle at balcony area and did not get into the living room. Thats why the whole area is really bright and cheery.

urban
17-10-12, 07:21
Thank you for your info. Totally agree with you that the noon sun was at a tilted angle at balcony area and did not get into the living room. Thats why the whole area is really bright and cheery.

Stack 4 has sun shining into the toilet of MBR. But not too bad.

minority
17-10-12, 11:22

Well that's good. can catch a tan while doing a dump.! :ashamed1: :ashamed1: :ashamed1:

Perlin
20-10-12, 02:54
Dear Owner,

I'm Perlin from Floor Xpert Pte Ltd, on behalf of Floor Xpert.

I am glad to share our services to you here.

Floor Xpert is specialise in doing outdoor decking , laminate flooring & baywindows. We have whole range of products for your selection.

Do refer to the attach pictures for more information. Or visit us at www.floorxpert.com (http://www.floorxpert.com/)

We have done project for Mi Casa, Caspian, Liva, Woodleigh , Optima, Trizon, Viva & etcs

Feel Free to Contact me at 9182 7628 for more information.

We look forward to your support. Thank you!

Regards
Perlin :)
Email : [email protected]
FB : http://www.facebook.com/FloorXpert

urban
23-10-12, 13:18
Where is a good place to look for outdoor dining set?

eng81157
23-10-12, 13:30

there is a shop in parkmall's basement that specializes in outdoor furniture. another good place to hunt is tan boon liat building

urban
25-10-12, 06:16
there is a shop in parkmall's basement that specializes in outdoor furniture. another good place to hunt is tan boon liat building

Thanks. I found Ohmm also will check those you recommend.

Douk
25-10-12, 08:07
Thanks. I found Ohmm also will check those you recommend.
Soflex at ubi.

carbuncle
25-10-12, 15:01
Where is a good place to look for outdoor dining set?

Even ikea has them theze days. Nojoke

urban
26-10-12, 21:39
I am also looking to put a water feature/fountain and decking the planter box.

I saw Tai Kwang gardens on FB which seem good. Any one has any other recommendations? Thanks.

urban
26-10-12, 21:41
Soflex at ubi.

Thanks will check it out.

urban
26-10-12, 21:56
Soflex at ubi.

Thanks will check it out.

eng81157
29-10-12, 08:58
I am also looking to put a water feature/fountain and decking the planter box.

I saw Tai Kwang gardens on FB which seem good. Any one has any other recommendations? Thanks.

try thomson road/joan road

Daniel33
22-11-12, 14:41
just like to share that i have purchased LED lightings from www.ledazzled.com.
Its much cheaper than the shops in balestier etc etc... so if you like to their contacts, pls let me know.

minority
13-12-12, 06:54
Mny units are still empty

ppty
13-12-12, 11:59
just like to share that i have purchased LED lightings from www.ledazzled.com.
Its much cheaper than the shops in balestier etc etc... so if you like to their contacts, pls let me know.

trying to disguise yr led advertisement as an owner's post ??

urban
13-02-13, 15:07
I am going to move in soon.

Anyone finds the humps into and our of the compound too low? I always have my car's undercarriage scratched. The MCST is slow to respond to this feedback. And I am keen to pool a few owners to petition.

Let me know. Thanks.

eng81157
13-02-13, 15:40

Anyone finds the humps into and our of the compound too low? I always have my car's undercarriage scratched. The MCST is slow to respond to this feedback. And I am keen to pool a few owners to petition.

Let me know. Thanks.

whoa, congrats!!! :cheers4:
is it facing ECP or joo chiat?

urban
13-02-13, 20:16
whoa, congrats!!! :cheers4:
is it facing ECP or joo chiat?

ECP facing -04

Perlin
18-02-13, 13:57
Dear Owner,

I'm Perlin from Floor Xpert Pte Ltd, on behalf of Floor Xpert.

I am glad to share our services to you here.

Floor Xpert is specialise in doing outdoor decking , laminate flooring & baywindows. We have whole range of products for your selection.

Do refer to the attach pictures for more information. Or visit us at www.floorxpert.com (http://www.floorxpert.com/)

We have done project for Mi Casa, Caspian, Liva, Woodleigh , Optima, Trizon, Viva & etcs

Feel Free to Contact me at 9182 7628 for more information.

We look forward to your support. Thank you!

Regards
Perlin :)
Email : [email protected]
FB : http://www.facebook.com/FloorXpert

blessy888
02-09-14, 21:35
Just saw a recent sales transaction at Parc seabreeze with a $2018 psf. What a high at this time?

clemdale24
02-09-14, 22:19
Just saw a recent sales transaction at Parc seabreeze with a $2018 psf. What a high at this time?

not surprising. such psf prices are common for silversea, aalto and meyerise. amber skye and marine blue will likely launch at those prices too.

its a very good location directly opposite parkway. 5min walk to east coast park. upcoming marine parade mrt. bus stop immediately outside the compound.

pity the joo chiat address. put that aside, and this is a very good project.

still prefer seaview though. to me its the best of the lot in the amber/ marine parade vicinity.

minority
06-09-14, 19:14
psf have no meaning if not correlated with actual unit size. I presume is a MM unit?

Shawn
07-09-14, 01:19
psf have no meaning if not correlated with actual unit size. I presume is a MM unit?

Do u consider 1,400 sq.ft and transacted at $2.8 million a MM unit at Parc Seabreeze...so many units in the east areas like Aalto, Seaview, Silversea, The Cape and the upcoming new ones are all selling at $2 mil, $3, all the way to $12 milion like hot cakes....Why dont u go check the URA caveat.

Ringo33
07-09-14, 10:47
Do u consider 1,400 sq.ft and transacted at $2.8 million a MM unit at Parc Seabreeze...so many units in the east areas like Aalto, Seaview, Silversea, The Cape and the upcoming new ones are all selling at $2 mil, $3, all the way to $12 milion like hot cakes....Why dont u go check the URA caveat.

Beware of snake oil seller "HOT CAKE??"..LOL!!

pod
08-09-14, 12:33

Let me know. Thanks.

Wat car u driving? If its normal sedan and still scratched ur midpipe then u can just write in and feedback. But if u driving a modified lowered sports car then really need more people to support.

This is a really nice place.