PDA

View Full Version : 小红点 (新加坡) Little Red Dot (Singapore). 向李光耀致敬 - 白振华. Tribute to Lee Kuan Yew

irisng
26-03-15, 08:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO3pB2j2u3k

irisng
26-03-15, 08:19
LKY passed away at the age of 91 yrs old on 23/3/15.

Then it goes like this 91-23-3-15 = 50.

So Singapore celebrate SG50 this year.
Lee Kuan Yew cried for Singapore 50 yrs ago about the separation with Malaysia.

So 50 yrs later, that is today, now the nation cries for him.

Amazing.....

august
26-03-15, 11:21
白振华 is a useless prick. Isn't he in china now?

moneytalk
26-03-15, 14:16
Iris, thank you for sharing this video.
This song may not mean anything to the young, but I felt so emotional on hearing it.
I am a baby boomer, and so, saw poverty in Singapore firsthand. There weren't enough housing in those days, many families had to share a very old and dirty house. My paternal and maternal grandparents both lived on the second storey of a shophouse. They were both old rent- control shophouses. The downstairs of my paternal grandparents' house was a paper mill and the downstairs of my maternal grandparents' house was a coffeeshop, selling chinese and indian food.
I was fortunate to grow up with great-grandparents as well. One of them had binded feet and lived to her mid eighties. In those days, believe me, it was horrible if you have to do your business. There were no flush toilets, toilets were the squatting type, so how did old folks eased themselves when their legs were weak?
So I asked my mum how did my great-grandparents managed to do their "big and small business." My mum replied that they did their business in the spittoon and their children would clear it for them once or twice a day. Weren't children in those days wonderful? My older cousin and I were also told to run dangerous errands like buying opium for my granduncle. In those days, it was not uncommon to smell opium on the corridors of old shophouses.
Then came the hero, Lee Kuan Yew, a man way ahead of his time. With his brilliance and exceptional qualities, the world could be his oyster. If he had not become the Prime Minister of Singapore, he could be a Warren Buffet, Ny Teng Fong, Li Ka Shing etc. Instead, he used his talents and strengths to help all of us have better lives and a beautiful environment.
Quote MMlee, "What have I given up? My life."
MMLee Sir, rest assured that you had not given up your life in vain. We realize now that you were a very GIVING person . We admire the exemplary life you lived, your hard work and sacrifice to build this beautiful and comfortable city.
If only, you could see the crowds, the outpouring of grief and sorrows, then you would have added that it was a life well lived. A very meaningful and fulfilling life, as you had helped countless people.
I have never met you, and had never thought that I could be so affected by your demise. Rest in peace sir, you are very well loved and appreciated by us. You will always hold a special place in our hearts.:love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

RSG
26-03-15, 14:58
This song may not mean anything to the young, but I felt so emotional on hearing it.
I am a baby boomer, and so, saw poverty in Singapore firsthand. There weren't enough housing in those days, many families had to share a very old and dirty house. My paternal and maternal grandparents both lived on the second storey of a shophouse. They were both old rent- control shophouses. The downstairs of my paternal grandparents' house was a paper mill and the downstairs of my maternal grandparents' house was a coffeeshop, selling chinese and indian food.
I was fortunate to grow up with great-grandparents as well. One of them had binded feet and lived to her mid eighties. In those days, believe me, it was horrible if you have to do your business. There were no flush toilets, toilets were the squatting type, so how did old folks eased themselves when their legs were weak?
So I asked my mum how did my great-grandparents managed to do their "big and small business." My mum replied that they did their business in the spittoon and their children would clear it for them once or twice a day. Weren't children in those days wonderful? My older cousin and I were also told to run dangerous errands like buying opium for my granduncle. In those days, it was not uncommon to smell opium on the corridors of old shophouses.
Then came the hero, Lee Kuan Yew, a man way ahead of his time. With his brilliance and exceptional qualities, the world could be his oyster. If he had not become the Prime Minister of Singapore, he could be a Warren Buffet, Ny Teng Fong, Li Ka Shing etc. Instead, he used his talents and strengths to help all of us have better lives and a beautiful environment.
MMLee Sir, rest assured that you had not given up your life in vain. We realize now that you were a very GIVING person . We admire the exemplary life you lived, your hard work and sacrifice to build this beautiful and comfortable city.
If only, you could see the crowds, the outpouring of grief and sorrows, then you would have added that it was a life well lived. A very meaningful and fulfilling life, as you had helped countless people.
I have never met you, and had never thought that I could be so affected by your demise. Rest in peace sir, you are very well loved and appreciated by us. You will always hold a special place in our hearts.:love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

MONEYTALK, Very well said and I share your sentiments.

teddybear
26-03-15, 15:06
Politics and country management and the ability to start and build big businesses are really 2 different things altogether, and hence it is a misconception that just because a person is a very good politician and successfully grow a country means he can become billionaire through doing businesses!

My above comment is not to demean Mr Lee, who had contributed greatly to what Singapore is now, but to point out a misconception and a myth.

So far, we have not seen any Singapore politician who discontinued from politics had become billionaire through starting his own businesses or even planted themselves into the top-most post in a big MNC......

teddybear
26-03-15, 15:08
Why you said so?
I thought he was quite successful in his own businesses? A multi-millionaire now through his own effort right?

白振华 is a useless prick. Isn't he in china now?

Simi
26-03-15, 15:29
New Zealand MPs pay tribute to former Singapore PM Lee Kuan Yew following his death at the age of 91

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TouD4zCTjH0

moneytalk
26-03-15, 17:58
So far, we have not seen any Singapore politician who discontinued from politics had become billionaire through starting his own businesses or even planted themselves into the top-most post in a big MNC......

How can you compare MMLee Kuan Yew with any Singapore politician? We were lucky to have one Lee Kuan Yew and we will never ever have another one again.

teddybear
26-03-15, 23:18
Mr Lee KY is still a politician right? Usually, politicians make poor businessman........... Mindset and capabilities totally different to become successful in the 2.......................

How can you compare MMLee Kuan Yew with any Singapore politician? We were lucky to have one Lee Kuan Yew and we will never ever have another one again.

irisng
27-03-15, 08:27

Thanks for sharing with us your experience. Only the older generations will know the hard life before "today's" Singapore.

Mr Lee Kuan Yew is a VERY GREAT MAN, beside saluting to him, we should also salute to those people (ministers and workers) who stand side by side to support him and help to accomplish the tasks. If without anyone of them, Singapore will not be what it is today.

Mr Lee Kuan Yew is really a GREAT MAN, he is selfless, he devoted all his time, uses whatever he can to fight for Singapore to become what it is today. He treated Singapore like his own baby and immediate family. Sometimes I just wonder is Mr Lee KY send by the GOD to help to create Singapore.

irisng
27-03-15, 08:30
Someone sweet wrote tis :

李氏一代贤
光荣入土安
耀绩留百世
先苦后留芳
生平忧狮城
一生为人民
路途不平坦
走遍全世界
好评如雷耳
了無牵挂去
Vertically it reads
李光耀先生一路走好了

Another nice poem:

再说永別不容易
见了心酸眼泪流
了別红尘众民哭
李氏一生为邦国
光用双手建家园
耀眼之时终到尽
先人种树后人享
生尽名留后人仰...

谢谢你。

moneytalk
27-03-15, 08:32
Mr Lee KY is still a politician right? Usually, politicians make poor businessman........

The crowds have spoken. Why would anyone queue in the hot sun for hours just to say goodbye?

Because in their hearts, they know that he was a great man and would accomplish and deliver anything that he set his mind and heart in.

teddybear
27-03-15, 11:10
Yes, because he is a great politician, and he contributed greatly to Singapore!

However, you are trying to equate a great politician to being able to become a BILLIONAIRE (like Warren Buffett or Li Ka Shing etc) if he was not in politics is just too simplistic and ignore the FACTS that great politicians do not make good successful businessmen! We have to be realistic that NOBODY is good in everything and he could have flop if he is a businessman rather than a politician just like we expect Warren Buffett or Li Ka Shing would probably flop if you ask them to be politicians rather than to be investor/businessmen right?

The crowds have spoken. Why would anyone queue in the hot sun for hours just to say goodbye?

Because in their hearts, they know that he was a great man and would accomplish and deliver anything that he set his mind and heart in.

irisng
27-03-15, 12:53

And one thing let people respect him more is, he is not proud and boastful at all with his great achievement.

lionhill
27-03-15, 14:07
Yes, because he is a great politician, and he contributed greatly to Singapore!

However, you are trying to equate a great politician to being able to become a BILLIONAIRE (like Warren Buffett or Li Ka Shing etc) if he was not in politics is just too simplistic and ignore the FACTS that great politicians do not make good successful businessmen! We have to be realistic that NOBODY is good in everything and he could have flop if he is a businessman rather than a politician just like we expect Warren Buffett or Li Ka Shing would probably flop if you ask them to be politicians rather than to be investor/businessmen right?

Who cares whether Mr. LKY would be a billionaire or not?

I would never compare LKY with Buffett or Li Ka SHing because they are not on the same ladder or level.

He might not be a billionaire, but he has made many people be billionaires. He is the FATHER of many billionaires. Is't it
great enough?

moneytalk
27-03-15, 14:11
NOBODY is good in everything

Do you have to be good in everything to succeed?

teddybear
27-03-15, 14:16
How many locally born and bred BILLIONAIREs are there in Singapore?

Who cares whether Mr. LKY would be a billionaire or not?

I would never compare LKY with Buffett or Li Ka SHing because they are not on the same ladder or level.

He might not be a billionaire, but he has made many people be billionaires. He is the FATHER of many billionaires. Is't it
great enough?

teddybear
27-03-15, 14:22
To succeed as a POLITICIAN and to succeed as a BILLIONAIRE BUSINESSMAN need very different attributes and capabilities, and now that you agreed that you cannot be good in everything, so are you admitting that it is your mistake to say that if Lee Kuan Yew didn't go into politics and become a businessman, he would be a BILLIONAIRE and comparable to the like of Warren Buffett and Li Ka Shing etc?

Do you have to be good in everything to succeed?

Kelonguni
27-03-15, 16:04
To succeed as a POLITICIAN and to succeed as a BILLIONAIRE BUSINESSMAN need very different attributes and capabilities, and now that you agreed that you cannot be good in everything, so are you admitting that it is your mistake to say that if Lee Kuan Yew didn't go into politics and become a businessman, he would be a BILLIONAIRE and comparable to the like of Warren Buffett and Li Ka Shing etc?

Let us be more sensitive and sensible during this mourning period.

moneytalk
28-03-15, 09:59
are you admitting that it is your mistake to say that if Lee Kuan Yew didn't go into politics and become a businessman, he would be a BILLIONAIRE and comparable to the like of Warren Buffett and Li Ka Shing etc[/B][/COLOR]?

To teddybear,

Yes, yes I retract this statement. You are always right, as usual. My apologies if people are offended by my statement.

To Kelonguni,

Thank you for reminding us "to be more sensitive and sensible during this mourning period."

irisng
28-03-15, 15:16
Let us be more sensitive and sensible during this mourning period.

Sorry, Kelonguni, let me voice out 1 more time.

Mr LKY is such a great man with great mind and ideas. Not all politicians have these capabilities. I won't be surprised if he chooses another path and becomes a billionaire. Somehow it is also right to say that a person who is good at this thing doesn't mean that he/she is also good at another thing but Mr LKY is different, he had a foresight. GREAT GREAT MAN.

irisng
28-03-15, 15:34
1 more thing, Mr LKY has a great heart too, he couldn't bear to see "us suffer" and "being bullied", maybe because of this that made him to make up his mind to transform Singapore from "nowhere" to such a beautiful and reputabale country.

hopeful
28-03-15, 16:36
Politics and country management and the ability to start and build big businesses are really 2 different things altogether, and hence it is a misconception that just because a person is a very good politician and successfully grow a country means he can become billionaire through doing businesses! ....

really?
how abt l&l handling hdb business for how many umpteen years?
isnt that a money spinner?
the removal of estate duty before a certain person death?

as for misconceptions:
people assume (incorrectly) that owning and controlling are the same thing.
personally i would prefer controlling than owning billions, like for example controlling billions in GxC, Tx, CxF.
billionaire politician doesnt sounds so good to the hoi polloi.

the best part is (perhaps) a dead man cant sue for libel, so there is one less person to sue the opposition to bankruptcy.

hopeful
28-03-15, 16:46

well, it is the in thing to do now.
just like queueing for hello kitty was once the in thing.

what is all this stuff for lky abt?
first thing first. honor your parents first while they are alive. not when they are dead.
dont know why people can queue patiently for hours to pay respect to lky, but very impatient with their elderly parents

irisng
28-03-15, 22:56
dont know why people can queue patiently for hours to pay respect to lky, but very impatient with their elderly parents

I quite agree with you, hopeful. I guess some of them just like to join the crowd but of course definitely there are people who sincerely and gratefully wanted to pay Mr LKY their last respect.

Lots of children take for granted when their parents are around. I wonder how many people realise that most people tends to be more courteous and can talk patiently to his/her friends or colleagues or even to strangers rather than to their siblings or parents or even to their children (if any).

irisng
29-03-15, 10:02
Did anyone of you watch a video at U-Tube regarding about a 17 to 18 years old boy (Amos Yee) negative remarks against Mr LKY?

MrTan
29-03-15, 11:22
Did anyone of you watch a video at U-Tube regarding about a 17 to 18 years old boy (Amos Yee) negative remarks against Mr LKY?

I know of its existence but I didn't watch. Why watch when u know its bad in the beginning? Anyway a police report has already been launched. Good luck to him.

Arcachon
29-03-15, 11:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtoZhx5iJg4

teddybear
29-03-15, 12:06
I suppose then you would say that The Straits Times must have been very insensitive and NOT sensible for publishing below letter telling us to Recognise imperfections of Mr Lee Kuan Yew???

The Straits Times
www.straitstimes.com
Published on Mar 28, 2015

Recognise imperfections without diminishing stature

I AM greatly saddened by Mr Lee Kuan Yew's death. He was a great leader and deserves our respect for making Singapore the great country it is today.
However, I am concerned that many Singaporeans have been accused of being "disrespectful" of Mr Lee by mentioning some of his mistakes or policies they disagree with. Mr Chia Boon Teck has even called for such speech to be punished with punitive action ("Take the disrespectful to task"; Forum Online, yesterday).
Mr Chia's suggestion is a disproportionate curtailment of free speech. It seems excessive to take punitive measures, seeing that there is no third-party harm or jeopardy to national security arising from such expression.
Instead, we should rely on the marketplace of ideas. Free debate on Mr Lee's legacy should be allowed and netizens should act as a check and balance on one another to regulate against inappropriate comments.
This is, in fact, better than punitive means; punishment would likely increase resentment towards Mr Lee. Persuasion may, instead, convince individuals to be more respectful during discussions.
Moreover, by deeming the discussion of Mr Lee's faults taboo, we lionise him excessively and present an inaccurate picture of the man to future generations.
For all his great deeds, Mr Lee also made mistakes. Some of his policies, such as the "Stop at Two" policy, led to undesirable outcomes like an ageing population. His strict governing style has also been the subject of much controversy.
In order to give Mr Lee an honest assessment, we should recognise these imperfections without diminishing his stature, as historians do with other great figures, from Winston Churchill to Thomas Jefferson.
This will allow future generations to better relate to him as it gives his legacy a human touch. It also allows them to learn from both his errors as well as his successes.
However, by lionising him to the point of ignoring his weaknesses, we risk mythologising him into an "ubermensch" that future Singaporeans cannot relate to. By glossing over his mistakes, they may be deprived of important lessons that may help them avert the mistakes of their forebears.
Mr Lee himself has acknowledged that he is not perfect.
As a man who did not take to heart how others perceived him, he would not want the value of his legacy to be lost for the sake of universal laudation.
Free debate will allow for a more meaningful discussion of Mr Lee's place in history.

Ng Qi Siang

To teddybear,

Yes, yes I retract this statement. You are always right, as usual. My apologies if people are offended by my statement.

To Kelonguni,

Thank you for reminding us "to be more sensitive and sensible during this mourning period."

MrTan
29-03-15, 12:12
With due respect, give it a rest. At least for today.

teddybear
29-03-15, 13:19
Raining so heavy today since 11.30am, can't go out under the rain right, so taking a rest at home now at 1.20pm, don't know when the rain will stop??????

With due respect, give it a rest. At least for today.

MrTan
29-03-15, 13:24

moneytalk
29-03-15, 16:57
well, it is the in thing to do now.
just like queueing for hello kitty was once the in thing.

This could be one of the reasons, but don't paint the crowds in broad strokes. There are other possible reasons like religious beliefs. Some really believe that his spirit is around the casket, and he may be able to see and bless them. Some are grateful for his help and made a last trip to pay their respects and thank him. Some viewed it as a historical event and brought their young children along, so that their kids will grow up with memories of having seen the founding leader.
There are also many people who loved him and went for the right reasons. There are also many, who would have loved to visit his casket, but did not show up, because of the crowd. My friends and I fell into this category, but that doesn't mean that we love him any lesser.
Another reason is simply the Lee Kuan Yew effect.
My family and I have never once attended national day parade but this morning we braved the heavy downpour, passed by lines and lines of people with umbrellas, raincoats on the streets waiting patiently for the casket to pass by. We found a place and then with our raincoats, waterproof shoes and Spore flags, waited for the gun carriage to drive past. Just before it arrived, the crowds went wild and ran to the road divider. People shouted his name and some shedded tears. My spouse was blowing the nose and wiping tears from the face. Not crocodile tears, hopeful, it's real tears. There's really nothing to gain from shedding these tears.

what is all this stuff for lky abt?
Alamak! you are comparing the tears for our parents with the tears for our MMLee Kuan Yew. Are you in Singapore now? as you are not in sync with the country's mood. Why do we shed tears as a nation? The human brain is complex but I will try to offer a few reasons.
Well, MM Lee Kuan Yew lived to a ripe old of 91 years old, longer than most of our parents. When we were born, he was already the leader, and so, we grew up with him, being always there for us. Whether you judged him kindly or not, it doesn't matter, but he walked the talk, delivered the goods and done a lot of Singapore. We respect his foresight, wisdom, decisiveness and courage. He can make tough decisions and helped this country move forward.
Were these tears for ourselves, our country or for our future?
You are very smart and I know you can answer these questions.
The main reason for the tears could be our love for the captain and our insecurities. Our captain, who had great navigating skills, is no more with us. He had strong shoulders and carried our burdens. When it rained heavily, he would pushed us into the warm cabins, covered us with warm blankets, and then went out bravely to face the stormy weather. He never let us down and was always able to anchor the ship safely to shore.
With our strong captain dead, our security blankets are taken from us, and now we have to face an uncertain future. Can we all have a common goal, unity and moved forward like before? *sigh*

first thing first. honor your parents first while they are alive. not when they are dead.
Hopeful, are you having some family issues? Why do you assume that the crowds at MMLee's funeral do not treat their parents well? You know what's the problem? We took MMlee for granted when he was alive, that's why we felt bad that we didn't really expressed our gratitude and thanks to him.

How do you know people's personal lives? Is this just a statement to ruffle feathers? or do you personally know people, who waited patiently in the queue and are disrespectful to their parents. If you do know someone that well, then how many of your friends fall in this category?
I, personally think that a large percentage of people in my generation are responsible and respectful to their parents. When the younger generation become parents, they will grow to appreciate their own parents too. It is to their benefit to lead by example and treat their parents respectfully, so that their children can observe their behavior and emulate them in future. If not, they would raise a bunch of ingrates.

irisng
29-03-15, 22:14

Buddhist Mission about LKY

irisng
29-03-15, 22:42
I wonder how many people notice that 1 day before (22/03/2015 in the late afternoon) Mr LKY passed away, it rained very heavily and stopped only in the evening. I was at home at that time, it was quite scary, the wind was "oozing" and the rain kept falling down furiously (it was heavier than today). My spouse and I were wondering why a sudden downpour and then next morning, we heard about the death of Mr LKY.

Today, another time, heavy downpour. I told my spouse, the heaven washed the floor for Mr LKY to "go" .
Isn't it so? The rain stopped when Mr LKY reached the NUS Cultural Centre, and thereafter no more rain.

irisng
30-03-15, 08:17
Read this article, this express almost everything.
https://thoughtsfromastarfish.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/singapore-cries/

irisng
30-03-15, 08:33
雨天降甘露

hopeful
30-03-15, 08:55
so please, no more aspersions on whether North Koreans griefing over their Dear Leader(s) are real or not.
You all experienced it yourself when our Dear Leader LKY died.

MrTan
30-03-15, 10:27
finally... better late than never. even if the bite of the law doesn't get him, the bark of the netizens will. guess another family moving to australia soon?

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/courts-crime/story/police-arrest-amos-yee-the-teen-behind-anti-lee-kuan-yew-video-201?xtor=EREC-16-1[ST_Newsletter_AM]-20150330-[Police+arrest+Amos+Yee%2C+the+teen+behind+anti-Lee+Kuan+Yew+video]

Police arrest Amos Yee, the teen behind anti-Lee Kuan Yew video

Published on Mar 30, 2015 2:46 AM

By Joyce Lim

SINGAPORE - The 17-year-old teenager who last week posted a YouTube video in which he celebrated Mr Lee Kuan Yew's death and criticised his political career was arrested on Sunday. In the video, he challenged Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong to sue him and also made insensitive remarks about Christianity.

At least 20 police reports have been lodged against Amos Yee since Mar 27, when he was believed to have uploaded the eight-minute video.

On Sunday, one reader alerted The Straits Times to yet another police report lodged against the teenager, but this time it was regarding his posting of obscene material on his blog. The video, which has been slammed by netizens, in no longer available on his YouTube channel. The blogpost has also been taken down.

minority
30-03-15, 19:25
finally... better late than never. even if the bite of the law doesn't get him, the bark of the netizens will. guess another family moving to australia soon?

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/courts-crime/story/police-arrest-amos-yee-the-teen-behind-anti-lee-kuan-yew-video-201?xtor=EREC-16-1[ST_Newsletter_AM]-20150330-[Police+arrest+Amos+Yee%2C+the+teen+behind+anti-Lee+Kuan+Yew+video]

Police arrest Amos Yee, the teen behind anti-Lee Kuan Yew video

Published on Mar 30, 2015 2:46 AM

By Joyce Lim

SINGAPORE - The 17-year-old teenager who last week posted a YouTube video in which he celebrated Mr Lee Kuan Yew's death and criticised his political career was arrested on Sunday. In the video, he challenged Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong to sue him and also made insensitive remarks about Christianity.

At least 20 police reports have been lodged against Amos Yee since Mar 27, when he was believed to have uploaded the eight-minute video.

On Sunday, one reader alerted The Straits Times to yet another police report lodged against the teenager, but this time it was regarding his posting of obscene material on his blog. The video, which has been slammed by netizens, in no longer available on his YouTube channel. The blogpost has also been taken down.

He deserved it. bring religion into the picture.

MrTan
30-03-15, 20:01

the law may not get him due to his lky comments. but the law may get him due to his religion remarks. however he is a minor, the law cannot do much also. guess need online vigilantes to do the deed then. i just pity his family for being involved in this due to his actions.

teddybear
30-03-15, 21:07
I believe that anybody who create hatred, or do anything illegal should be investigated.

Now, back to the question:
WHY 5 or more people (6 PAP activists) together do something (distribute flyers) IS NOT CONSIDERED AS UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY????????

minority
30-03-15, 23:28
I believe that anybody who create hatred, or do anything illegal should be investigated.

WHY 5 or more people (6 PAP activists) together do something (distribute flyers) IS NOT CONSIDERED AS UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY????????

Go and bloody READ THE CHARGE!. SEEM LIKE U CANNOT READ BUT ONLY CAN SPREAD LIES? MAYBE YOU SHOULD SPEND SOME TIME DONT BE LAZY AND READ THE CHARGE!. WELL LIKELY YOU HAVE READ IT BUT AS USUAL TWISTED IT..

SO I CALL YOU BULLSHIT!!!!

teddybear
30-03-15, 23:50
minority,
Why such SUPER RED FONT?

Why so disrespectful to Mr Lee Kuan Yew by polluting this thread "向李光耀致敬 - 白振华. Tribute to Lee Kuan Yew" dedicted to Mr Lee with all your vulgar manners and words?????????????????

Please apologize to Mr Lee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want him to be unable to RIP because of you, ill-manner hooligan!!!!!!!!!! :offended:
I believe Mr Lee will faint for having such ill-mannered and vulgar PAP supporters like you and he rather HAVE YOU NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go and bloody READ THE CHARGE!. SEEM LIKE U CANNOT READ BUT ONLY CAN SPREAD LIES? MAYBE YOU SHOULD SPEND SOME TIME DONT BE LAZY AND READ THE CHARGE!. WELL LIKELY YOU HAVE READ IT BUT AS USUAL TWISTED IT..

SO I CALL YOU BULLSHIT!!!!

azeoprop
30-03-15, 23:51
RIP His Excellency President Ong Teng Cheong.:sorrow:

teddybear
30-03-15, 23:54
Hei, this thread is dedicted to Mr Lee Kuan Yew, why suddenly mention Ong Teng Cheong????

Sorry, understand he got some spat with the PM at that time, don't know what is the issue?????

RIP His Excellency President Ong Teng Cheong.:sorrow:

irisng
31-03-15, 08:42

This is different issue lah, isn't opposition parties also distribute flyers when come to election? Like during LKY funeral possession, residents throwing flowers at him and dirty the floor, is it that they are going to get charged?

irisng
31-03-15, 08:51
the law may not get him due to his lky comments. but the law may get him due to his religion remarks. however he is a minor, the law cannot do much also. guess need online vigilantes to do the deed then. i just pity his family for being involved in this due to his actions.

Amos is just 17 years old, from the video that he presented, can see that he is quite smart. If only he can use his talent correctly, I'm sure he can have a very bright future.

hopeful
31-03-15, 10:37
This is different issue lah, isn't opposition parties also distribute flyers when come to election? Like during LKY funeral possession, residents throwing flowers at him and dirty the floor, is it that they are going to get charged?

i can think of a few charges.
desecrating a dead body (with flowers)
assaulting bystanders with deadly weapons (if thrown flowers hit bystanders)
littering (leave flowers in public)
killer litter (if throw flowers from high-rise)
there are a few more that i missed.

teddybear
31-03-15, 20:37
I thought I am poor in knowledge of law, but sorry to say you are worse than me (no offence)........... :cower:

Just to clarify, The Police already clarified that "distributing flyers" by itself is not an offence, so that is quite clear.

Also, minority showed us the charges laid on the 5 opposition activists is not what they do, but because (from what I understand is that) "5 or more people gather together do something without permit" constitutes "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY"!

Now, if you look at the 3 cases I quoted below, all looks similar to me!
People involved in (1) and (2) had already been charged with "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY"!
How is (3) different from (1) and (2)?????????????? :pig:

Regarding your case about residents throwing flowers at him and dirty the floor (if without picking up after them), these people are already guilty of "littering" offence!

The fact that they have not been charged may be because of 1 or more of following reasons:
(1) Nobody file a police report.
(2) Police don't know their identity, so cannot issue summon to them.
(3) The incident happened during LKY funeral procession, and these people means good, and not like the other people who distribute some "anti-other people" flyers, and could they be charged under "Harassment Act"???

minority,

DON'T bloody LIE again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is clear that UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY is an offence.
The 7 debt collectors mentioned in below news had also been arrested for UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY (http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/debt-collectors-who-messed-up-funan-stall-arrested-for-unlawful-assembly) as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is according to the statement by Police (as reported in the Newspapers)......................

I am asking you, why the 6 PAP activists distributing "anti-WP" flyers together as a group does not constitute "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY"?????
(There is now even PHOTO EVIDENCE to prove that they are together distributing flyers!).

Now, Let's see:

(1) 5 or more people (7 debt collectors) together do something (collect debt) is an offence under "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY". (read the news below).

(2) 5 or more people (5 opposition activists) together do something (to demonstrate) is an offence under "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY" (because "ASSEMBLY" held without permit). (read what minority posted).

(3) 5 or more people (6 PAP activists) together do something (to distribute flyers) is NOT an offence and DOES NOT CONSTITUTE "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY"??

minority,
Can explain What is the difference of (3) from (1) and (2)????????????

irisng
01-04-15, 08:55
Regarding your case about residents throwing flowers at him and dirty the floor (if without picking up after them), these people are already guilty of "littering" offence!

The fact that they have not been charged may be because of 1 or more of following reasons:
(1) Nobody file a police report.
(2) Police don't know their identity, so cannot issue summon to them.
(3) The incident happened during LKY funeral procession, and these people means good, and not like the other people who distribute some "anti-other people" flyers, and could they be charged under "Harassment Act"???

I think you have misunderstood what I meant. I mean for LKY case, throwing flower during his funeral possession is an exceptional case. It shows respect from the Singaporeans to the GREAT MAN. Why should they get charged? Definitely not, right?

teddybear
01-04-15, 09:58
I think you have got confused again.

A fair and equitable law should not differentiate whether you are a GREAT MAN or not or whether you are doing something for a GREAT MAN or not before the judge decide whether you are guilty of an offence, if that action is indeed an offence.

The way you are saying is that if a commoner commit a crime, it is an offence.
If the emperor or some GREAT MAN commit the same crime or somebody commit a crime for the benefit of a GREAT MAN, it is not an offence?

I don't believe law in a fair and equitable and democratic country is like that?

Because of the clear similarities between the 3 cases I cited and I can't tell their differences and why case (3) have not been charged while case (1) and (2) had already been charged, that is why is I am asking for somebody or the relevant authority to tell us why is it so?

I think being transparent and pro-active in explaining the rationale will be better than for those anti-PAP people to around spreading gossip that "some people are more equal than others" and saying things like "that is why nobody can explain why the clear similarities and difference in treatment" etc isn't it?

Many people may not question openly because of fear, and especially when they see what has been perceived as different treatments and whether they will receive "different treatment" if they openly questioned the differences, BUT that does not mean they don't think there is difference in treatment, so better clear up this misunderstanding once and for all..................

I think you have misunderstood what I meant. I mean for LKY case, throwing flower during his funeral possession is an exceptional case. It shows respect from the Singaporeans to the GREAT MAN. Why should they get charged? Definitely not, right?

hopeful
01-04-15, 10:12

shouldn't the law be followed by all and sundry?
unless the parliament has passed a bill/motion/gazette/or whatever that only those throwing flower at LKY coffin will not be charged

onglai
01-04-15, 11:50
u guys go make police report la. den the police will have to act, or come back to u with a reason why these pple are not charged for littering... den u can save some lawyer consultation fee.

teddybear
01-04-15, 13:06
Ok, regarding this case:

"(3) 5 or more people (6 PAP activists) together do something (to distribute flyers) is NOT an offence and DOES NOT CONSTITUTE "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY"?? "

1) Police report had been made!
2) Identity of the leader had been identified!

Above 2 criteria had been fulfilled! (wah, nowadays police not pro-active, must furnish them above 2 criteria then they investigate????)

Not only that, NEW EVIDENCE of photo showing all those people (photo shows 6 people) distributing flyers had appeared!

So, only waiting for Police to report back on their investigation..........

So far, the Police has been shown to be very efficient, for example they only took 4 days to bring Amos Yee to court! That is REALLY SUPER FAST!
So, could the Police be very efficient in above case regarding possibly "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY" as well and let us know the investigation results and provide clarifications on queries from the people about above mentioned case?

u guys go make police report la. den the police will have to act, or come back to u with a reason why these pple are not charged for littering... den u can save some lawyer consultation fee.

onglai
01-04-15, 15:11
Ok, regarding this case:

"(3) 5 or more people (6 PAP activists) together do something (to distribute flyers) is NOT an offence and DOES NOT CONSTITUTE "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY"?? "

Above 2 criteria had been fulfilled! (wah, nowadays police not pro-active, must furnish them above 2 criteria then they investigate????)

Not only that, NEW EVIDENCE of photo showing all those people (photo shows 6 people) distributing flyers had appeared!

So far, the Police has been shown to be very efficient, for example they only took 4 days to bring Amos Yee to court! That is REALLY SUPER FAST!
So, could the Police be very efficient in above case regarding possibly "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY" as well and let us know the investigation results and provide clarifications on queries from the people about above mentioned case?

有什么不满,投诉科在二楼。 去那边排队拿form填... understand?

:tickled_pink:

teddybear
01-04-15, 20:17
哇你的太极好厉害! 他们是不是象你一样?:mad-new:

有什么不满,投诉科在二楼。 去那边排队拿form填... understand?

:tickled_pink:

hopeful
02-04-15, 08:57
i think in this lky case, the people are committing crimes of passion.
when passions are high, they cannot think straight and commit the crime of passionate littering (with flowers).

actually i am more interested in amd. lky signed amd and yet not carried out.
but then again, the legalese are quite vague, who is to determine "terminal illness" & "extraordinary life-sustaining treatment" ?

irisng
03-04-15, 21:40
http://goo.gl/ngYwmp

Tamilnadu villagers pay their last respects to Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

While Singapore held the sombre state funeral of our founding father Mr Lee Kuan Yew yesterday (Mar 29), villlagers in India also held their own procession.

Stompers Anash and Arun both sent in photos, which show the villagers from Tamilnadu paying their respects.

A large crowd can be seen gathering to behind a vehicle sporting Mr Lee's portrait.

Anash said:

"People from India in Tamilnadu paying last respects to our Honorable Mr. Lee Kuan yew.

"He is really a global leader . He is living inside our hearts forever."

Previously, the villagers of Tamilnadu also made headlines for their heartfelt banners.

They thanked Mr Lee with banners around their villages, stating "You are our god" and thanking him for having concrete houses to stay in after given the chance to work in Singapore.

See also: Villages in India mourn the loss of Mr Lee Kuan Yew with heartfelt banners: "You are our god"

irisng
04-04-15, 09:42
A fair and equitable law should not differentiate whether you are a GREAT MAN or not or whether you are doing something for a GREAT MAN or not before the judge decide whether you are guilty of an offence, if that action is indeed an offence.

That I agree.

The way you are saying is that if a commoner commit a crime, it is an offence.
If the emperor or some GREAT MAN commit the same crime or somebody commit a crime for the benefit of a GREAT MAN, it is not an offence?

I don't believe law in a fair and equitable and democratic country is like that................

Please don't "twist" my words. There are always some exceptional for certain occasions. For eg.
1) celebration at Orchard Road once a month. People litter the floor with tissue papers, drinks etc, did anybody get charged and why the celebration still carry on?

2) 7th month - some people still burning the incense paper on the floor or grass patch, so far ever heard of people get charged during this month and why this type of habit still carry on?

3) When one of the family's member die, some of them has it held at the ground floor of their HDB flats and throw the incense paper all over the floor one night before the funeral and on the actual day of the funeral, ever heard that they get charged?

法律也有人情味的。

minority
04-04-15, 09:44
Ok, regarding this case:

HMMMM APPARENTLY SOME BLUE COLOR DRESSED EX LAWYERS ARE HAVE ALSO BEEN GOING AROUND GIVING OUT FLY PAPER. AND THAT GANG HAVE SO MANY LAWYERS. WHY ARE THEY SILENT??? WHY WHY?? CAN YOU TELL ME WHY?? WHY THEY NOT CHARGED ALSO SINCE LIKE YOU SAY??? WHY?? OHHH FORGOT YOU ARE A LIAR!!!!! GO READ THE CHARGE LAZY !!!!! OR NO YOU JUST WANT TO TWIST THE TRUTH ????

teddybear
04-04-15, 11:57
minority,
We all know you are the biggest LIAR here, and always try to mislead and cheat us! Please answer the following queries about your allegation first:

1) Are the blue color dressed ex lawyers distributing flyers during General Election period?
If so, the laws allow it right?

2) If they are distributing flyers NOT during General Election period, do you have photo evidence of them showing that all 5 or more of them are together in the photo distributing flyers?
If so, please make a police report.
The police protocol seems to be that somebody must make a police report before they will investigate.
I believe the police will be very efficient to deal with them as a case of "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY" right?
Isn't this the case with the Funan debt collectors whom have been charged with "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY" very quickly?????

However, until now, we still do not have clarification from the relevant authority as to why the 6 PAP activists together do something without permit is NOT CONSIDERED "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY" despite the fact that a Police report and query has been made.
It would help very much if they can come out to clarify to avoid any misunderstanding here!

We can't rely on you to clarify and give us a satisfactory reply since you are the biggest liar here and only know how to mislead and beat around the bush!
You declaring yourself as a PAP supporter is a big blemish and disgrace to PAP since you are totally different from genuine PAP spirit - You have totally ZERO INTEGRITY, HONESTY, and is a SCOUNDREL!

HMMMM APPARENTLY SOME BLUE COLOR DRESSED EX LAWYERS ARE HAVE ALSO BEEN GOING AROUND GIVING OUT FLY PAPER. AND THAT GANG HAVE SO MANY LAWYERS. WHY ARE THEY SILENT??? WHY WHY?? CAN YOU TELL ME WHY?? WHY THEY NOT CHARGED ALSO SINCE LIKE YOU SAY??? WHY?? OHHH FORGOTYOU ARE A LIAR!!!!! GO READ THE CHARGE LAZY !!!!! OR NO YOU JUST WANT TO TWIST THE TRUTH ????

teddybear
04-04-15, 13:01
法律也有人情味的?
I thought Laws are based fairness and equity, and treat everybody the same, and not because of other reason like you or the judge think otherwise contrary to what has been written in the law concrete in black and white? May be what you are referring to are those actions that falls into grey areas?

If all the cases you mentioned were brought to court, the people guilty of doing those actions which are really against the law will NOT BE GUILTY? I don't think so! May be the sentence will be lighter, BUT definitely no declared as "NOT GUILTY"!

My opinion that why those people were not charged is because of a combination of below reasons:
1) Nobody make a police report or because police didn't nab the culprit.
2) The culprit has not been identified.
3) There needs to be evidence (e.g. photos, video, reliable witnesses etc) to nail down the offence on the culprit.
4) Nobody has been convicted of the SAME OFFENCE before and they have just been let off by the Police / law enforcement officers with warning not to repeat the offence before. (and nobody make a Police report subsequently to protest police / law enforcer action).

However, if there are precedence that some people do something had been charged, e.g. "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY" for seemingly not serious/no harmful actions, then it is only fair the same CHARGES be brought to subsequent cases (what lawyers say "case law")!

E.g., Funan centre debt collectors, opposition activists, all 5 or more people gather to do something (didn't harm anybody) without permit BUT had been charged with "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY", then we would find it strange that why the same thing like 6 PAP activists gather to do something without permit have not been charged with "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY"??????

That I agree.

Please don't "twist" my words. There are always some exceptional for certain occasions. For eg.
1) celebration at Orchard Road once a month. People litter the floor with tissue papers, drinks etc, did anybody get charged and why the celebration still carry on?

2) 7th month - some people still burning the incense paper on the floor or grass patch, so far ever heard of people get charged during this month and why this type of habit still carry on?

3) When one of the family's member die, some of them has it held at the ground floor of their HDB flats and throw the incense paper all over the floor one night before the funeral and on the actual day of the funeral, ever heard that they get charged?

法律也有人情味的。

irisng
05-04-15, 22:44
法律也有人情味的?

However, if there are precedence that some people do something had been charged, e.g. "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY" for seemingly not serious/no harmful actions, then it is only fair the same CHARGES be brought to subsequent cases (what lawyers say "case law")!

E.g., Funan centre debt collectors, opposition activists, all 5 or more people gather to do something (didn't harm anybody) without permit BUT had been charged with "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY", then we would find it strange that why the same thing like 6 PAP activists gather to do something without permit have not been charged with "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY"??????

I can't really answer your question because my law knowledge is really very very very limited. What I can think of is the intention behind the "unlawful assembly". If everytime there are 5 or more people gather together eg students or volunteers asking for charity donation or friends gather together and drink in the public places, is it they will get charged also? So I think policeman will check more thoroughly on suspected gathering only, if not for other "unlawful assembly" maybe will just give them some warning.

teddybear
05-04-15, 23:04
Sounds like that "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY" law is illogical or can have too much subjective interpretation?

But we also know that in those cases, you also need the following before the Police charge those people for "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY":
1) A Police report must be made by at least 1 individual. (What I am not sure is: Can a police made a police report of the incident themselves rather than a member of the public?)
2) The people in question must be identified. (If the police can made a police report of the incident themselves, then the police can round up the people involved immediately and (2) of checking the people's identify becomes chicken-feet).
3) The Police take enforcement action.

In all those of your cases mentioned, if (1) and (2) is not present, then (3) will not happen.

However, for the PAP activists case, (1) and (2) are already present, but (3) didn't happen. May be they would want to clarify?
After all, the PAP activists' case looks very similar to the Funan Centre debt collectors' case to me, but those debt collectors had already been charged!

I can't really answer your question because my law knowledge is really very very very limited. What I can think of is the intention behind the "unlawful assembly". If everytime there are 5 or more people gather together eg students or volunteers asking for charity donation or friends gather together and drink in the public places, is it they will get charged also? So I think policeman will check more thoroughly on suspected gathering only, if not for other "unlawful assembly" maybe will just give them some warning.