PDA

View Full Version : The Verte @ Telok Kurau

toaler
20-04-08, 19:29
This is a newly launched condominium at Telok Kurau which is just 600 metres away from Kembangan MRT station and located just beside the park connector (ie a canal). Just went past it and saw the showroom buzzing with eager home hunters. Any comments on this development?

ER
30-04-08, 12:02
This is a newly launched condominium at Telok Kurau which is just 600 metres away from Kembangan MRT station and located just beside the park connector (ie a canal). Just went past it and saw the showroom buzzing with eager home hunters. Any comments on this development?

Not too bad actually except i already committed to another project in that area. Just one small point, it is not a condominium but an apartment.

toaler
30-04-08, 17:41
hmm calling it an apartment means there's no facilities such as swimming pool?

Elmo
19-05-08, 09:07
There is 25 m common lap pool and a kids' pool. Some of the units have private pool. The total area is small. Hence, it doesn't qualify as a condo.

buy
29-05-08, 10:29
apartment status

oxboy99
17-06-08, 11:27
I've very interested in getting a unit with a private pool but who will clean/maintain it? Does the cleaning/maintenance come with the normal maintenance fee or is it additional?

If the pool is my responsibility and with no help from the apt management, where can I find people who will clean it properly and fix it if there are any problems? What is the warranty for the pool?

SG is not like US where everyone has a pool in the backyard and pool cleaning companies are a dime a dozen. Look at electricians - has anyone gotten a PROPER licenced electrician as opposed to a shady guy who lives in JB or very close to JB?

My head aches already...

kal
17-06-08, 11:47
Those private pool units owner... not only u need to pay high maintenance fee to the management as yr unit is big (u will not swim in common pool as u hv yr own pool mah) , you need to pay a fee to ask outside pool contractor to maintain yr pool.. so worth it or not??

TKT
17-06-08, 12:08
Those private pool units owner... not only u need to pay high maintenance fee to the management as yr unit is big (u will not swim in common pool as u hv yr own pool mah) , you need to pay a fee to ask outside pool contractor to maintain yr pool.. so worth it or not??

For me, NOT worth... but for someone else, maybe worth every penny!

ER
18-06-08, 10:12
Sigh.... i bought another project before they launched Verte.

My late grandfather used to own the land which is now "Telok Kurau Park" or along Lorong J but was acquired by the goverment in the 60/70s.

Part of my childhood was spent in Lorong J so i feel a great affinity to TK Park and Verte just happended to be there.

I would have love to return there but alas... i have committed to another one close by....

Anyone spend their childhood in TK area???

buy
18-06-08, 19:55
i used to take bus passing by that place

i will said it is a nice place

ER
24-06-08, 15:19
i used to take bus passing by that place

i will said it is a nice place

Indeed. I have been eyeing the place for a long time....

from rich to poor
24-06-08, 16:09
Sigh.... i bought another project before they launched Verte.

My late grandfather used to own the land which is now "Telok Kurau Park" or along Lorong J but was acquired by the goverment in the 60/70s.

Part of my childhood was spent in Lorong J so i feel a great affinity to TK Park and Verte just happended to be there.

I would have love to return there but alas... i have committed to another one close by....

Anyone spend their childhood in TK area???

waah your grandfather was very rich ah?

but govt play your family out. just like they played my wife's family out of a big piece of land in one of the 'kangs'.

ER
24-06-08, 17:02
waah your grandfather was very rich ah?

but govt play your family out. just like they played my wife's family out of a big piece of land in one of the 'kangs'.

Well, i don't know if my grandfather was rich.. the fact is i am not :)

Oh if and if the goverment did not buy back that land... we could be... but that is a dream.... so what I could do now is to at least but a house near... :(

buy
25-06-08, 21:57
last time buy house so cheap!!!!

ER
26-06-08, 09:40
last time buy house so cheap!!!!

The garmen will say last time policeman wore shorts leh.. so house also cheap (less materials used) :)

wannabe
11-07-08, 16:32
Hi people,

any idea if this project is sold out?

ER
15-07-08, 16:39
Hi people,

any idea if this project is sold out?

Dun think so. When i visited other projects in the same area, the agents were still recommending me this project. But interesting to note the showroom is closed for 2 weeks till 17 July.

wannabe
15-07-08, 18:18
Dun think so. When i visited other projects in the same area, the agents were still recommending me this project. But interesting to note the showroom is closed for 2 weeks till 17 July.

Yup, i went there for a 2nd viewing.
And found that its closed.
What do you think of this project?
Its priced at >$950psf....i think its very high..

ER
15-07-08, 22:31

Yes, i think it is too high.. I am willing to consider at most $850 psf for this project... it is nice facing the park... but the downside is the noise... It can get rowdy at times....

wannabe
15-07-08, 22:41
Yes, i think it is too high.. I am willing to consider at most $850 psf for this project... it is nice facing the park... but the downside is the noise... It can get rowdy at times....

Yup park facing should be the best units.
But the prices dont seem to be dipping anymore...
anyway many new condos to choose from...developers are panicking and thus waiting for prices to drop can only be beneficial to would-be buyers.
Even if its sold out since its such a small development, there will be plenty to choose from..

No land
15-07-08, 23:41
Means not enough common area that belongs to you which means you own much less land which means the land is squeezed to the max with units which means no chance of enbloc ever, since you have maximised your land lah. Widen your scope, there're better projects around. This area lacks exclusivity. Exclusivity means the ability to exclude others, which means (i) Very expensive so that others cannot afford (ii) Very large land area which shields you from private eyes. All these very cramped apartments along narrow lanes in Telok Kurau with no facilities and no breathing space can't be conducive

hmm calling it an apartment means there's no facilities such as swimming pool?

Nonsense
17-07-08, 09:34
Means not enough common area that belongs to you which means you own much less land which means the land is squeezed to the max with units which means no chance of enbloc ever, since you have maximised your land lah. Widen your scope, there're better projects around. This area lacks exclusivity. Exclusivity means the ability to exclude others, which means (i) Very expensive so that others cannot afford (ii) Very large land area which shields you from private eyes. All these very cramped apartments along narrow lanes in Telok Kurau with no facilities and no breathing space can't be conducive

By your definition, a leasehold condo with lots of land within itself and face lots of HDB flats is exclusive?

English Lesson
17-07-08, 10:00
Exclusive means the ability to exclude others. If it is a condo with not many units and huge plot of land around it that shields it from prying eyes, even if it is ulu place like Sembawag, it can be described as exclusive. It is different from prestigious. Go learn your English. So those apts very cramped together cannot be described as exclusive.

By your definition, a leasehold condo with lots of land within itself and face lots of HDB flats is exclusive?

English Professor
17-07-08, 10:29
Exclusive means the ability to exclude others. If it is a condo with not many units and huge plot of land around it that shields it from prying eyes, even if it is ulu place like Sembawag, it can be described as exclusive. It is different from prestigious. Go learn your English. So those apts very cramped together cannot be described as exclusive.

What nonsense... Most Condos, even if small, are well fenced to deter prying eyes. So they do have the ability to exclude others. There is no need for huge plots of land to do that.... Perhaps you should change career Teacher.

wannabe
17-07-08, 22:26

This is a property forum.
Not a forum which one would come to get better in the English Language.

BENTLY
18-07-08, 10:34

Also means no Money

Nothing to say
18-07-08, 11:53
That's the problem. Wrong adjectives were used like "exclusive" and "boutique". Small with no architect means "boutique". What a joke! It only appears in TK forum. No other good points, so suddenly boutique here, boutique there. Small means small. Period.

This is a property forum.
Not a forum which one would come to get better in the English Language.

Be fair
21-07-08, 09:09
That's the problem. Wrong adjectives were used like "exclusive" and "boutique". Small with no architect means "boutique". What a joke! It only appears in TK forum. No other good points, so suddenly boutique here, boutique there. Small means small. Period.

To be fair... these adjectives were never used by the developers in TK. These adjectives were used by people to crticise TK in other threads.

The units may be small in TK, but there are also big ones available. And small ones are also available everywhere and is not exclusive to TK area only. So a sweeping statement that all TK units are small is unfair. I made quite a bit of visits in my search for a unit in the eastern area. TK is still very attractive in terms of location.

wannabe
21-07-08, 11:43
To be fair... these adjectives were never used by the developers in TK. These adjectives were used by people to crticise TK in other threads.

The units may be small in TK, but there are also big ones available. And small ones are also available everywhere and is not exclusive to TK area only. So a sweeping statement that all TK units are small is unfair. I made quite a bit of visits in my search for a unit in the eastern area. TK is still very attractive in terms of location.

Some people just dont see the potential of the area so its only normal for them to pass negative comments on the projects in TK.
Some of the negative comments are fair, while some are basically posting for the sake of posting.
I personally prefer to stay in small developments than big ones.
I will never buy a development with more than 150 units.
For me thats just too crowded.
Too many people sharing too little facilities.
For me there is no diff staying in HDB as compared to staying in developments with >200 units.
It also depends on the land area of the development not the GFA.
I'm not into airspace but rather livable land area.

Now back to TK.
Actually only selected parts of TK are worth looking at.
Its all about location...
Some parts of TK which is rather inaccessible are best to be avoided.
I'm still waiting for the developers in TK to drop their asking prices.
Current prices are a bit too high.

Unregister
21-07-08, 15:02
Now back to TK.

As compared to some other developments in other areas, i thought the prices asked for some developments in TK were pretty attractive. Then again, those who the ones which are inaccessible.

buy
21-07-08, 22:40
telok is a idea place too

wannabe
21-07-08, 22:46
As compared to some other developments in other areas, i thought the prices asked for some developments in TK were pretty attractive. Then again, those who the ones which are inaccessible.

Yup...you are right..some are in fact just $650psf to $800psf...but the location is kinda bad. Some are located in the middle of lorongs far away from the main road.

huh?
21-07-08, 23:05
??? What talking u? If your land is 5000 sq ft with 100 units, as compared to 50,000 sq ft with 400 units, which is more cramped and crowded? Let's see in perspective alright?

Some people just dont see the potential of the area so its only normal for them to pass negative comments on the projects in TK.
Some of the negative comments are fair, while some are basically posting for the sake of posting.
For me there is no diff staying in HDB as compared to staying in developments with >200 units.

Now back to TK.

Unregistered223344
21-07-08, 23:24
I think you're probably quite new to property investment. the gross plot which is used for psfppr in Telok Kurau is really low and cramped. It means each unit in effect has very little land. For instance, a 20,000 sq ft development with 100 units mean each unit has 200sf of land - it is that very cramped and crowded. However, for a condo I know with 300 units and 600,000 sq ft of gross area, it means each unit has 2,000sqft of land. This amt of land per unit is important, because it will affect the psfppr calculation. Why does Farrer court get so much money? it is because it is sitting on a huge plot! At the end of the day, the thing that is MOST expensive is NOT the construction cost of the unit. It is the LAND. So before you go around saying that other people's condo is more cramped, you really should calculate this on a per sq ft basis.

I think this might be too complicated for you to understand tho'.

Now back to TK.

Sad for you
22-07-08, 00:11
I think a lot of condo buyers are HDB upgrader, so they see their land as only their unit, which is the same as HDB. They didn't realise that the communal space is also part of their land. At the end of the day, who doesn't want to lay claim to beautiful landscape gardens, few large pool, 3 tennis courts, children playground, putting green, large gym etc.? It's like having a country club membership at your doorstep. Once you realise that the communcal space is actually divided amongst the unit, one will not go for those horrible developments with no communal space. Some developments cut corners and don't even build underground carpark, and have unsightly 1st floor carpark which again takes away more land from you when you could have used it for beautiful landscape etc. Why settle for something that shortchange you so much? No facilities. No land. Cramped and crowded environment. Nothing. Does want have to stoop so low just to tell people you can afford a mediocre private apartment? It is really no different from staying in a HDB.

knowalittle
22-07-08, 11:39
Hi,

In regards to the comments on generalizing TK condos/apts having low gross plot ratio per unit, which means cramped and little space.

How about this real life example:
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=25170#post25170

Above link should be posted by an agent for a "high-rise" condo near the city fringe. Look at the "psfppr" !! 60,000sqft for 212 units ?? Isn't this worst than some of those in TK?

I'm just citing an example, so sweeping statements like TK areas are cramped may not stand. If you do look and search carefully, there are developments in TK or Joo Chiat having a relatively large "psfppr" ratio.

Developers are much smarter....those with a larger land plot and yet lesser number of units will be selling for higher psf. Do search carefully.

One important point to note: TK/Katong/Joo Chiat/Siglap area are all restricted by building height or number of floors restriction.

Who knows one day, if the authorities will relax the HEIGHT restriction, than these areas will be seen in a different light ! In fact, when the authority released the masterplan 2008, there was a report indicating that developers are hoping for the height restriction to be relaxed, but too bad.

Again, not my intention to pick any argument here, just my 2-cents worth.

Cheers.

I think you're probably quite new to property investment. the gross plot which is used for psfppr in Telok Kurau is really low and cramped. It means each unit in effect has very little land. For instance, a 20,000 sq ft development with 100 units mean each unit has 200sf of land - it is that very cramped and crowded. However, for a condo I know with 300 units and 600,000 sq ft of gross area, it means each unit has 2,000sqft of land. This amt of land per unit is important, because it will affect the psfppr calculation. Why does Farrer court get so much money? it is because it is sitting on a huge plot! At the end of the day, the thing that is MOST expensive is NOT the construction cost of the unit. It is the LAND. So before you go around saying that other people's condo is more cramped, you really should calculate this on a per sq ft basis.

Unregistered168
22-07-08, 12:06
Hi knowalittle,

This is a good point. I wonder why all these discussions about TK areas being cramped, did not take the height restrictions into account.

And the possibility that one day, Singapore will be so land scarce that the authorities will relax the height restriction in these areas meant only for private housings.

Just to substantiate your case, the Clover project in bishan has a total land size of 235,899sqft with 616 units, do a quick calculation by dividing 235,899/616 will yield only 383sqft for each unit, on average.

Isn't this lower than most of the developments in TK?

haha, why I didn't think of that?

Thank you for the informative comment.

Hi,

In regards to the comments on generalizing TK condos/apts having low gross plot ratio per unit, which means cramped and little space.

Above link should be posted by an agent for a "high-rise" condo near the city fringe. Look at the "psfppr" !! 60,000sqft for 212 units ?? Isn't this worst than some of those in TK?

I'm just citing an example, so sweeping statements like TK areas are cramped may not stand. If you do look and search carefully, there are developments in TK or Joo Chiat having a relatively large "psfppr" ratio.

Developers are much smarter....those with a larger land plot and yet lesser number of units will be selling for higher psf. Do search carefully.

One important point to note: TK/Katong/Joo Chiat/Siglap area are all restricted by building height or number of floors restriction.

Who knows one day, if the authorities will relax the HEIGHT restriction, than these areas will be seen in a different light ! In fact, when the authority released the masterplan 2008, there was a report indicating that developers are hoping for the height restriction to be relaxed, but too bad.

Cheers.

wannabe
22-07-08, 16:48

Im not new to property investment.
But for sure the newbie is you.
I hope its not very complicated for you to understand what i'm going to say now...
How is a TK development of land area 20000sqf going to yield a 100 units when the maximum plot ratio is only 1.4 meaning max 5 stories high?
My previous house was siting on a plot of 70000sqf with plot ratio of 1.4
Meaning a GFA of 98000sqf.
The development has only 25 units.
Example:
There is a new development in TK with land size of 40000sqf , plot ratio of 1.4 and total of 36 units only gives it an average of
(40000*1.4)/36 = 1556sqf.

Simple maths...i hope thats not too hard for u.

wannabe
22-07-08, 16:56
??? What talking u? If your land is 5000 sq ft with 100 units, as compared to 50,000 sq ft with 400 units, which is more cramped and crowded? Let's see in perspective alright?

What talking u?
U live in SG?
Your land area of 5000sqf can built up to 100units?
You LKY?
USE YOUR BRAIN IF U HAVE ONE

No facilities
22-07-08, 22:30
Why does anyone wants to stay in an apartment with no landscape , no facilities at all. This cannot improve your quality of life. Imagine a lifestyle with everything at your doorstep - lush landscape, tennis courts, jogging track etc., entertainment room, large playgrounds, many pools, well equipped gym all at your disposal within your premise under tight security - it feels exclusive. Your condo is more than just your apartment - the landscape and surroundings matters. If you like Telok Kurau because it is ulu and small, there're many other very ulu places as well right? You pay double the HDB price for something that does not provide you better quality of life. It's not worth it. You deserve so much more. You may say "I never do any sports so nevermind my condo no facilities" but many condo dwellers (or their children) pick up new sports because the facilities are so convenient.

Unregistered0001
24-07-08, 05:23
HAHA...not entirely wrong..but dun mind me adding my opinions...

ppl buy property for their own reasons...maybe its becos TK is mainly FH compared to some of the recent releases...or maybe its just the rustic charm..or maybe its the feeling that "I dun want to end up like another wannabe condo owner without a sense of my own identity"...lotsa reasons!

Your questions are not without their merit...but bottomline is, your definition of "quality of life" is so restricive! To have good quality life, must have lotsa facilities? Lush greenery etc etc? What if I'm a anti-social introvert who stays huddled at my TK apartment, perfectly typing out responses to property forums on the internet in the wee hours of the day, and I'm perfectly happy with my life?? One cannot assume that your percieved way of life is ideal, so justifiably, one cannot put a value to the TK property in the same way...Not picking a fight..just want to offer an alternate view...

Why does anyone wants to stay in an apartment with no landscape , no facilities at all. This cannot improve your quality of life. Imagine a lifestyle with everything at your doorstep - lush landscape, tennis courts, jogging track etc., entertainment room, large playgrounds, many pools, well equipped gym all at your disposal within your premise under tight security - it feels exclusive. Your condo is more than just your apartment - the landscape and surroundings matters. If you like Telok Kurau because it is ulu and small, there're many other very ulu places as well right? You pay double the HDB price for something that does not provide you better quality of life. It's not worth it. You deserve so much more. You may say "I never do any sports so nevermind my condo no facilities" but many condo dwellers (or their children) pick up new sports because the facilities are so convenient.

Unregistered111
26-07-08, 00:03
for 900+psf buy beacon heights which is in a better location and it is definitely a highrise condo with full condo facilities and tennis court...dont waste ur money on telok kurau area with develpments with tiny pools not even enuf for a relaxing swim. those tiny projects are cheap to build and they are ripping buyers off with 900psf or above...forget it

Unregistered900
26-07-08, 12:16
for 900+psf buy beacon heights which is in a better location and it is definitely a highrise condo with full condo facilities and tennis court...dont waste ur money on telok kurau area with develpments with tiny pools not even enuf for a relaxing swim. those tiny projects are cheap to build and they are ripping buyers off with 900psf or above...forget it

Beacon heights is not necessarily in a better location... it is very subjective... but IMHO, TK is better located than St Michael....

Unregistered0001
26-07-08, 17:56
Your comments are biased. BH is not definitely better...900psf? Not worth it...

Rip off
26-07-08, 20:25
I agree those developments that spend on worst possible finishings with no facilities and no underground carpark in the messy and narrow labyrinth of Telok Kurau is a rip off. Know your stuff. Go buyer better things.

Your comments are biased. BH is not definitely better...900psf? Not worth it...

RIP
26-07-08, 22:24
I agree those developments that spend on worst possible finishings with no facilities and no underground carpark in the messy and narrow labyrinth of Telok Kurau is a rip off. Know your stuff. Go buyer better things.

Not necessarily true.... the location of TK is still very attractive... but to each his own but no need to say "rip off"...

UNTOE
27-07-08, 15:15
What's so great about the location? It's not exactly near town or convenient or can see the sea or what. Why squeeze yourself in a cramped environment, narrow roads with inferior finishings. My fren is now regretting - he says swmming pool one fat person goes in and all the water spill out - it's that small. Still need to take country club membership if you want to use more decent facilities. Also, once you say I stay in Telok Kurau, it conjures up images of people who CMI and stay in messy overcrowded labyrinth. For the same price, you can get something better.

Not necessarily true.... the location of TK is still very attractive... but to each his own but no need to say "rip off"...

ripclaw
27-07-08, 20:06
What's so great about the location? It's not exactly near town or convenient or can see the sea or what. Why squeeze yourself in a cramped environment, narrow roads with inferior finishings. My fren is now regretting - he says swmming pool one fat person goes in and all the water spill out - it's that small. Still need to take country club membership if you want to use more decent facilities. Also, once you say I stay in Telok Kurau, it conjures up images of people who CMI and stay in messy overcrowded labyrinth. For the same price, you can get something better.

i think quite unfair to say that only ppl who CMI stay there. some ppl like the place for their own reasons, so doesnt mean that they cant afford anywhere better. also, i think its plain silly to pass comments about the swimming pool with the fat man. no pool is that small.

It's small indeed
27-07-08, 20:48
The swimming pool is small indeed and not meant for swimming. It is a fair observation. I think most buy there because they need to shout they're at D15 but I find that shallow. Buy a good quality place that improves one's life with lush landscape and sports amenities -that's the most important. Life is short. Don't buy a place that does nothing to your lifestyle and so cramped that it is suffocating. The narrow streets is more suffocating than most HDBs.

i think quite unfair to say that only ppl who CMI stay there. some ppl like the place for their own reasons, so doesnt mean that they cant afford anywhere better. also, i think its plain silly to pass comments about the swimming pool with the fat man. no pool is that small.

ripclaw
28-07-08, 01:09
The swimming pool is small indeed and not meant for swimming. It is a fair observation. I think most buy there because they need to shout they're at D15 but I find that shallow. Buy a good quality place that improves one's life with lush landscape and sports amenities -that's the most important. Life is short. Don't buy a place that does nothing to your lifestyle and so cramped that it is suffocating. The narrow streets is more suffocating than most HDBs.

i think it all boils down to personal preferences. not everyone's ideal home has lush landscape and sports amenities. some buy there because they really like it there and could not be bothered abt D15 or 16. granted its a little bit crowded there but again, more suffocating than HDB seems a little extreme

Unregistered888
28-07-08, 03:56
TK buyers have to resort to calculating plot ratios to justify the the value of their properties, wat a joke. Hirise condos boasts of panoramic views that TK owners could only dream of. My parents live on the top flr of a 5rm flat in Dover (25th flr) and the view is absolutely breathtaking. Sure u cn figure out why the almost 30yr old 99 year leasehold flat is valued by hdb at mre than 650k. Mreover 4 public housing nt much plot ratio to talk about and no privacy, but why cn it be priced mre expensively than a lot of units in TK in terms of quantum? Gd view units in seaview cndos also fetch a much higher premium than those wth lousy views so just basing on plot ratio is shallow. asia's most expensive cndo in hk at 25mil could probably allow the owner to buy a landed property the same size as the plot of land but the inherent val is in the spectacular bay view. Go ahead and do those useless calculations of plot ratios to justify the existence of those cheapo TK developments
Hi,

I sympathise with TK

Cheers.

Shallow
28-07-08, 08:59
TK buyers have to resort to calculating plot ratios to justify the the value of their properties, wat a joke. Hirise condos boasts of panoramic views that TK owners could only dream of. My parents live on the top flr of a 5rm flat in Dover (25th flr) and the view is absolutely breathtaking. Sure u cn figure out why the almost 30yr old 99 year leasehold flat is valued by hdb at mre than 650k. Mreover 4 public housing nt much plot ratio to talk about and no privacy, but why cn it be priced mre expensively than a lot of units in TK in terms of quantum? Gd view units in seaview cndos also fetch a much higher premium than those wth lousy views so just basing on plot ratio is shallow. asia's most expensive cndo in hk at 25mil could probably allow the owner to buy a landed property the same size as the plot of land but the inherent val is in the spectacular bay view. Go ahead and do those useless calculations of plot ratios to justify the existence of those cheapo TK developments

Nobody buys a TK condo and hopes for the view... TK's rustic charm and its privity to town, beach and good eateries make it an attractive location... and for goodness sake, please don't drag in yp parents' 30 years leasehold with good views... try selling it now.... and see which bank bites the deal to lend the buyer the money.... try it...

sesami
14-08-08, 22:43
Went down for a viewing today.
Boring afternoon, event the agents looked very bored.
The Verte showflat is adjacent to the Ambra showroom.
Verte has 36 units where Ambra has 24 units.
Very small developments.
TOP in 2010 but nothing built yet but I think the foundations are laid.
For both, according to the agent, are 1/2 sold.
Not much facilities, only with pool and gym.
Each unit entitled to one carpark lot.
They emphase a lot on the park which is beside the Verte.

Both showflats feel small.
Furnishings are not impressive as compared to the Amery.
But I find the agent servicing me to be professional and detailed which I'm pretty impressed.

Price around 950psf (I think 7% discount has already been given as compared to the list price) and there is interest absorption scheme.
I find the price to be too steep.

buy
29-08-08, 21:12
whats the take up rate of this project?

biasness
30-08-08, 17:24

TK has its charm. Period.

buy
11-09-08, 00:01
each have his own likings

DOVER
11-09-08, 01:43
The HDB unit in Dover was bought for mere $450k and the bank has valued it at more than $620k. Many owners have sold their units in the 3 point blocks of Dover Close East at a premium, each reaping more than 200k in profits. what kind of capital appreciation has ur TK property fetched you?

Nobody buys a TK condo and hopes for the view... TK's rustic charm and its privity to town, beach and good eateries make it an attractive location... and for goodness sake, please don't drag in yp parents' 30 years leasehold with good views... try selling it now.... and see which bank bites the deal to lend the buyer the money.... try it...

GOONDU
11-09-08, 09:16
The HDB unit in Dover was bought for mere $450k and the bank has valued it at more than $620k. Many owners have sold their units in the 3 point blocks of Dover Close East at a premium, each reaping more than 200k in profits. what kind of capital appreciation has ur TK property fetched you?

Why was the sale transcated at $450k when the bank valued it at $620k?

passer-by
11-09-08, 09:19
Why was the sale transcated at $450k when the bank valued it at $620k?
i think he meant that he bought it at $450k sometime ago and now the valuation is $620k, implying that he could sell at more than the valuation price.

willing
11-09-08, 13:23
To me

TK still ok

not really a bad place

Petmail
07-10-08, 03:39
LAST Unit with EXCLUSIVE PTE POOL left!!!

1 prestige Townhouse with EXCLUSIVE PTE POOL & Private Parking!!!

Unique Cul-De-Sac project environment with Beautiful Landscape and premium finishing like those in the D9/10/11 yet selling at D15 price! Best Prestige Project in the Prime D15 in the East with excellent finishing out of the D9/10/11 prime district!!!

Kindly drop me a line @ 82818888 to fix an appointment now!

Cheers!

:)
Pet

Unregistered.
07-10-08, 11:17
LAST Unit with EXCLUSIVE PTE POOL left!!!

1 prestige Townhouse with EXCLUSIVE PTE POOL & Private Parking!!!

Unique Cul-De-Sac project environment with Beautiful Landscape and premium finishing like those in the D9/10/11 yet selling at D15 price! Best Prestige Project in the Prime D15 in the East with excellent finishing out of the D9/10/11 prime district!!!
how much are they asking for? T.O.P. when?

It's OK
15-10-08, 13:47
There are people who actually liked it small. I rather share a small pool with 20 other families than to share a bigger pool with 400 other families. Small also means that you know your neighbours. It seems quite nice to me.

Petmail
16-10-08, 17:59
how much are they asking for? T.O.P. when?

The last unit with private pool & townhouse are both approx. 2.xx mil. Special discount will be provided for the first 5 buyer this weekend with no instalment till TOP which is by end 2011.

Both are 4bedroom unit having the size of 2314sqft & 2756sqft respectively.

Kindly drop me a call @ 82818888.

Thank you and best regards!
Pet

buy
17-10-08, 15:35
well small projects got its good and bad

Petmail
17-10-08, 15:59
actually its entirely up to individual... some like big projects, some like it small... some loves high-rise, some loves low-rise only... some wanna units with afternoon sun while some avoid it like nobody's business. Every unit is sellable and depends if we gets the right buyer at the right project or not..

Pet

Joe6816
17-10-08, 16:07
actually its entirely up to individual... some like big projects, some like it small... some loves high-rise, some loves low-rise only... some wanna units with afternoon sun while some avoid it like nobody's business. Every unit is sellable and depends if we gets the right buyer at the right project or not..

Pet

agree. Buy what you like

Too suffocating
18-10-08, 17:57
The problem with Telok kurau is there are TOO many small projects very close together. The area is so cramped and there is no wind or breeze at all. The roads are v narrow - it's like living in a slump esp with so much constructions and tiny apartments within less literally 1 meters of each other. Sure there are some people who will buy because the new launch is cheap but look at the resale. Some are already asking for 500psf only.

well small projects got its good and bad

Home
18-10-08, 18:08
The problem with Telok kurau is there are TOO many small projects very close together. The area is so cramped and there is no wind or breeze at all. The roads are v narrow - it's like living in a slump esp with so much constructions and tiny apartments within less literally 1 meters of each other. Sure there are some people who will buy because the new launch is cheap but look at the resale. Some are already asking for 500psf only.
We love Telok Kurau! We have the natural wind and breeze-the 24 hours aircon! The latest aircon comes with all the energy saving. Not much difference on our monthly PUB bills!

moonk123
17-11-08, 09:12
Project Name-THE VERTE
Developer-Roxy Homes Pte Ltd
Property Type-Apartment
Tenure - Freehold
Total Units - 36
District - 15

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2622/Images/main.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2622/Images/ex1.jpg

source from
http://www.virtualhomes.sg/theverte

TKT
18-11-08, 10:49
Is this advertisement for Verte?
I thought this project was sold out long time ago?...
That time when i visited, selling +950psf... now??? :ashamed1:

Project Name-THE VERTE
Developer-Roxy Homes Pte Ltd
Property Type-Apartment
Tenure - Freehold
Total Units - 36
District - 15

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2622/Images/main.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/2622/Images/ex1.jpg

source from
http://www.virtualhomes.sg/theverte

moonk123
18-11-08, 12:52
hi TKT ,
NONO....this is not an adv.I just found this site and i just wanna share with u guys about this website.The website is useful as u can view the surrounding through the virtual tour.We no need travel there while it still under construction.u may visit the below link.:)

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/Search.aspx?srch=btype&type=the

Is this advertisement for Verte?
I thought this project was sold out long time ago?...
That time when i visited, selling +950psf... now??? :ashamed1:

Petmail
18-11-08, 19:40
There are limited units available for this projects. This project was launched in stages. Those who are still keen in this project can drop me a line @ 82818888.

Pet

buy
19-11-08, 10:15
o o k........

TKT
20-11-08, 11:01
hi TKT ,
NONO....this is not an adv.I just found this site and i just wanna share with u guys about this website.The website is useful as u can view the surrounding through the virtual tour.We no need travel there while it still under construction.u may visit the below link.:)

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/Search.aspx?srch=btype&type=the

thanks, no worries dude!
even if was an advertisement, does not matter actually.
all here to share constructively.

TKT
29-04-09, 11:19
anyone know any recent subsales for this project?
whats the price psf now?

like this project... very nice location.

latour
29-04-09, 11:32
whats the price psf now?

Last trans looks like $700+ psf ... '09 looks like no trans yet !!!

118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #04-0x Freehold $767 1109 $850k 11 Dec 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #05-0x Freehold $814 2594 $2112k 21 Oct 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #03-0x Freehold $908 1109 $1006k 09 Oct 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #03-0x Freehold $990 1367 $1353k 08 Oct 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #04-0x Freehold $928 1119 $1038k 04 Sep 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #05-0x Freehold $798 1905 $1520k 25 Aug 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #01-0x Freehold $910 1496 $1362k 05 Aug 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #01-0x Freehold $924 1475 $1362k 04 Aug 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #03-0x Freehold $910 1119 $1018k 01 Aug 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #05-0x Freehold $790 2594 $2050k 01 Aug 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #04-0x Freehold $1004 1593 $1600k 20 Jun 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #04-0x Freehold $986 1582 $1560k 12 Jun 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #02-0x Freehold $1012 1098 $1111k 10 Jun 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #02-0x Freehold $1000 1582 $1582k 02 Jun 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #03-0x Freehold $1026 1582 $1623k 28 May 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #01-0x Freehold $991 1270 $1258k 28 May 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #03-0x Freehold $950 1593 $1513k 22 May 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #01-0x Freehold $913 1270 $1160k 22 May 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #02-0x Freehold $978 1249 $1220k 08 May 08
118 Lorong H Telok Kurau #02-0x Freehold $968 1550 $1501k 08 May 08

Autonomy
29-04-09, 14:08
whats the price psf now?

Ya I agree. Mrt within walking distance, situated right at the end just beside park connector, also right next to TK park.

Jazzer
06-05-09, 13:58

I don't agree on this. There are breeze all around.

Please also provide proof a subsale of $500 psf inTK. Don't talk without action.

proud owner
06-05-09, 14:09
I don't agree on this. There are breeze all around.

Please also provide proof a subsale of $500 psf inTK. Don't talk without action.

walau ...the last time Too Suffocate made that comment was oct 2008 leh ...

its already May 2009 ...

how come still replying to 'historical' comments ?

sevol
06-05-09, 22:00
i think iirc asking for 730 thereabouts for the unit with pool.

so possibly push down to 710-15 should be a good deal?

Autonomy
06-05-09, 22:06
i think iirc asking for 730 thereabouts for the unit with pool.

so possibly push down to 710-15 should be a good deal?

How big is the unit? Cos most of the units are quite big.

sevol
06-05-09, 22:07
sorry, can't remember the size. 2200-2500 i think.

Autonomy
06-05-09, 22:17
sorry, can't remember the size. 2200-2500 i think.

Thats quite big. For units that big, I think u can try to negotiate with the developer for lower psf. At times like these, there are tendencies that they might accept.

JZ2K
18-05-09, 01:09
bought an unit there :)

Now waiting for it TOP

Douk
18-05-09, 09:33
bought an unit there :)

Now waiting for it TOP

mind telling what is the purchase price and psf ?

kellogs
18-05-09, 17:11
anyone know what is the reasonable psf for this project or telok kurau in general?

Understand that this project is fairly near to Kembangan MRT

Autonomy
18-05-09, 18:52
anyone know what is the reasonable psf for this project or telok kurau in general?

Understand that this project is fairly near to Kembangan MRT

Yes, its pretty much within walking distance. TK can range between 500+ to 900+ psf so it depends.

Property_Owner
18-05-09, 19:46
Yes, its pretty much within walking distance. TK can range between 500+ to 900+ psf so it depends.

Tat's the problem with TK, prices vary too much. So when you buy or sell, sure confused. Property is about 1) location, location, location! 2) Psf,psf, psf!

Autonomy
18-05-09, 19:57
Tat's the problem with TK, prices vary too much. So when you buy or sell, sure confused. Property is about 1) location, location, location! 2) Psf,psf, psf!

Yes I agree. There are many factors to consider for TK.

Which lorong, whether to be near mrt or near east coast park...
Which part of the lorong, be it near park connector or near TK road or those in the middle... all these affects the pricing.

There are many good and not so great developments and buyers need to be careful and do their due research.

JZ2K
18-05-09, 23:17
What do you guys think about The Verte?

It is 5-7mins to Kembangan MRT and right next to park connector :)

Reasonable price for that project?

Regulators
19-05-09, 01:18
The only good lorong I can see is Lorong N...

JZ2K
19-05-09, 01:43
Isn't that Lorong N is very far away from Kembangan MRT?

may i know what is the good point of Lorong N?

Begbie
19-05-09, 18:34
Isn't that Lorong N is very far away from Kembangan MRT?

may i know what is the good point of Lorong N?

Actually it depends on the user's preference.. some prefer to stay closer to east coast road where it leads to the Siglap makan places, siglap centre and of course our not-so-nice beach....while some prefer closer to the MRT at Eunos or Kembangan..

My choice...? Lorong N...:)

but of cuz its individual preference dude...

Autonomy
19-05-09, 22:49
My vote goes to Lorong H cos its nearer to mrt and also there's coffeeshops and famous eateries within walking distance, plus the telok kurau park though small but still provides some greeneries among all the tightly packed developments.

Dreamerz
19-05-09, 23:38
The only good lorong I can see is Lorong N...

Hi guys, I have a 2-bedroom unit in Lorong N for sale. Size is 893 sqft and located on 4th floor, facing the pool. Anybody keen can pm me.

Dreamerz

sevol
21-05-09, 12:31
i prefer lor n too, near the park connector and the longkang is covered up. from there it is a very nice walk to the beach.

marktkt22
30-01-11, 23:04
how the stay in verte so far , any forumer to feedback ..?:)

TKT
31-01-11, 00:18
how the stay in verte so far , any forumer to feedback ..?:)

Dude, its not ready yet

marktkt22
16-02-11, 22:59
Dude, its not ready yet

wow...sure that a long time to build a simple apartment:)

kellogs
17-02-11, 10:52
wow...sure that a long time to build a simple apartment:)

Yes way to long!!! ... I dont know wassup with Roxy Pacific and the construction company Seah Construction PTE LTD ...

Only 36 units and takes forever ...

I think next time i should buy from big developer like CDL,UOL,ALLGREEN or FEO ...

devilplate
17-02-11, 10:57
Yes way to long!!! ... I dont know wassup with Roxy Pacific and the construction company Seah Construction PTE LTD ...

Only 36 units and takes forever ...

I think next time i should buy from big developer like CDL,UOL,ALLGREEN or FEO ...

verte build too slow liao....very few workers at the site apparently...:beats-me-man:

FEO build vy slow too....clift launch in mid 2006 and haven TOP!!!:doh: :doh:

for small project....go for fragrance/world class....sad to say, they only build doggy homes nowadays....they build fast fast bcoz they use similar design....quality not bad BUT facade CMI and looks boring....lol

Autonomy
17-02-11, 11:19
For some reason, The Verte and The Azzuro is very very slow in completion. Other projects from Roxy like The Ambra has already TOP some time ago and I remember it being launched later...

marktkt22
17-02-11, 22:15
For some reason, The Verte and The Azzuro is very very slow in completion. Other projects from Roxy like The Ambra has already TOP some time ago and I remember it being launched later...

was verte launched in 2008 ? It already 2011....sure take very long to complete this apartment:)

eng81157
17-08-11, 11:35
any verte owners care to provide feedback on the quality of finishing? read somewhere that quality was subpar and owners complaining about poor customer service provided by developer.

Autonomy
17-08-11, 21:23
any verte owners care to provide feedback on the quality of finishing? read somewhere that quality was subpar and owners complaining about poor customer service provided by developer.

The Verte haven't TOP yet right?

eng81157
18-08-11, 01:29
The Verte haven't TOP yet right?

by Sep 2011

kellogs
31-01-12, 00:52
all right ... today is 31st of Jan 2012 ... part of the sales agreement said the unit has to be TOP by now ...

I am going to call the lawyer tomorrow to check what is going on :beats-me-man:

eng81157
31-01-12, 07:48
all right ... today is 31st of Jan 2012 ... part of the sales agreement said the unit has to be TOP by now ...

I am going to call the lawyer tomorrow to check what is going on :beats-me-man:

wow, this project is taking real long to TOP. not in moving in condition yet?

buttercarp
31-01-12, 10:02
wow, this project is taking real long to TOP. not in moving in condition yet?

OMG... so long still haven TOP?
I remember in 2008 or early 2009 they launch right?
I went to see the area but did not get to see any showflat.
Hubby said small project so he don't want.
Its a small project why take so long?

marktkt22
03-02-12, 06:15
Funny, tembeling studio by Roxy has a big staff here slogging while top date still far.
Should have diverted the manpower to verte
It damn long wait for verte,
Another aristo@amber , that one also v slow

kellogs
06-02-12, 07:49
Finally the project has TOP and last week we were at lawyer office to settle xyz payments.

If all is good ... by this week we are going to get keys!

Now i need a reliable ID .... hopefully by march we could move in.

devilplate
06-02-12, 08:25
Finally the project has TOP and last week we were at lawyer office to settle xyz payments.

Congrats!

i would say verte is the best project in TK now.....gd things worth waiting ;)

kellogs
06-02-12, 09:43
Congrats!

i would say verte is the best project in TK now.....gd things worth waiting ;)

Thank you bro. I managed to sneak up last weekend and to my surprised the private lap pool size is pretty decent :)

The only gist i have now is that the car park is not covered ... thus raining time might be troublesome to alight or board the car for young children ...

The gym is mini LOL

mcmlxxvi
06-02-12, 10:59

post lots of pictures pls!

marktkt22
06-02-12, 12:04
Congrats kellog
Look fwd to the photo

kellogs
22-02-12, 00:21
attached is the private pool

eng81157
22-02-12, 08:11
congrats! is that a PH unit you have over there?

mcmlxxvi
22-02-12, 13:28
attached is the private pool
oh la la. superb view