PDA

View Full Version : New 7,900 bed foreign worker dormitory to be built in Jurong East

k00L
23-12-14, 08:10
huat for jurong dormitory operators!!
Jurong east becoming the choice location for workers dormitory

Singapore listed construction firm Lian Beng Group is teaming up with listed dormitory provider Centurion Corp to build a 7,900 bed dormitory for foreign workers in Jurong East, not far from major industrial plants on Jurong Island.

The two companies said the facility, which will also include a training centre, will provide better quality accommodation for Singapore's foreign workers.

They were selected to build the centre, in Jalan Papan, in the vicinity of Jurong East MRT station, by an entity set up by the Association of Process Industry.

Lian Beng will take a 49 per cent stake in the joint venture, while Centurion will hold the otehr 51 per cent. The two firms did not disclose the cost of the project.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/business/companies/story/new-7900-bed-foreign-worker-dormitory-be-built-jurong-east-20141223#sthash.HygLd6Uk.dpuf

Luke65
23-12-14, 09:17
Don't know why they want to build a 7900 pax dormitory in that area, when they can house workers further west or nearer to Tuas. Was hoping Pandan reservoir area can be developed nicely with housing, similar to a west coast or bedok reservoir concept.

sunrise
23-12-14, 11:03
huat for jurong dormitory operators!!
Jurong east becoming the choice location for workers dormitory

Singapore listed construction firm Lian Beng Group is teaming up with listed dormitory provider Centurion Corp to build a 7,900 bed dormitory for foreign workers in Jurong East, not far from major industrial plants on Jurong Island.

The two companies said the facility, which will also include a training centre, will provide better quality accommodation for Singapore's foreign workers.

They were selected to build the centre, in Jalan Papan, in the vicinity of Jurong East MRT station, by an entity set up by the Association of Process Industry.

Lian Beng will take a 49 per cent stake in the joint venture, while Centurion will hold the otehr 51 per cent. The two firms did not disclose the cost of the project.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/business/companies/story/new-7900-bed-foreign-worker-dormitory-be-built-jurong-east-20141223#sthash.HygLd6Uk.dpuf

a big upset for ringo.

solsys
23-12-14, 15:54
It's odd to have S$1600psf condo next to dormitories......

HP65
25-12-14, 08:52
It's odd to have S$1600psf condo next to dormitories......

$1,600 psf is a dream sold to gullible consumers that Jurong is the next Orchard Rd. The Govt decides land zoning. Nothing wrong with dormitories being situated here. Where else can it be? Orchard Road? lol

Tonnes of warning here by seasoned investors not to enrich developers by paying $1,600 psf for a development worth at most $800psf. So what if developer over paid for a land in Jurong? Let them suffer with unsold units lah. Once buyers bite at $1,600 psf in Jurong, it set the stage for higher prices for the rest of Singapore. Once `not at my back yard' infrastructures are built, the true value of the location will be revealed. Would you imagine `hungry ghost' auction dinners held at open fields at Orchard Rd, of coz not? Jurong? Of coz!

So, no doubt, Jurong is no Orchard. $1,600 psf? Crazy to pay even $1,000....at most $800. Some still living in their dreams. Can't wait to see these condos TOP.

Ringo33
25-12-14, 17:34
You are right, JLD is no Orchard Road because we all know that in Orchard Road LH99 property already hitting $5000psf, Jurong Gateway $1700psf??? Still a long way to go despite being the one and only residential development within the future 2nd CBD at the moment

invigorated
25-12-14, 18:09
You are right, JLD is no Orchard Road because we all know that in Orchard Road LH99 property already hitting $5000psf, Jurong Gateway $1700psf??? Still a long way to go despite being the one and only residential development within the future 2nd CBD at the moment

Ringo u speak like jurong will be replacing orchard as the next cbd and taking the same prices.

I can't say it won't, but I won't be like you saying that it will SURELY be the 2nd CBD. Even if does, it may play second fiddle and prices may rise but not match up. Second can also mean inferior, especially when it's still disadvantaged by the off location that it's not centtal.

It's obvious the govt is trying its best to drum up values by marketing it. It still remains to be seen how well this marketing is working. Look at punggol after all the sales speeches and where it is today after many years. They were holding the fire then too.

Moving a few office buildings and putting a couple of hotels don't make a second CBD. How people buy into that dream and how this story unfolds, we are not too sure yet.

But your self conceited nature can be repulsive. Suggest you tone down on how definite you are in the fortune telling.

invigorated
25-12-14, 18:19
Ringo u speak like jurong will be replacing orchard as the next cbd and taking the same prices.

I can't say it won't, but I won't be like you saying that it will SURELY be the 2nd CBD. Even if does, it may play second fiddle and prices may rise but not match up. Second can also mean inferior, especially when it's still disadvantaged by the off location that it's not centtal.

It's obvious the govt is trying its best to drum up values by marketing it. It still remains to be seen how well this marketing is working. Look at punggol after all the sales speeches and where it is today after many years. They were holding the fire then too.

Moving a few office buildings and putting a couple of hotels don't make a second CBD. How people buy into that dream and how this story unfolds, we are not too sure yet.

But your self conceited nature can be repulsive. Suggest you tone down on how definite you are in the fortune telling.

In more layman terms, you wanna take a bet, sure! But don't go around shouting to everyone that you've already won. You'll only invite more detractors who can't wait to see you wallow.

k00L
26-12-14, 09:37
Even Genting knows that JLD is surrounded by heavy industrial plants, workers dormitories, and petrochemical refineries.
That why the upcoming genting hotel is a 3.5 stars hotel catering for neighbouring tourists who cant afford 5 stars RWS, and transient workers on short trips

Ringo33
26-12-14, 10:02

Are you having difficulties reading? I thought I have said that JLD is no Orchard Road? LOL..

Ringo33
26-12-14, 10:05
Even Genting knows that JLD is surrounded by heavy industrial plants, workers dormitories, and petrochemical refineries.
That why the upcoming genting hotel is a 3.5 stars hotel catering for neighbouring tourists who cant afford 5 stars RWS, and transient workers on short trips

Stop talking cock lah teddybear

k00L
26-12-14, 11:31
Gov wants to have more workers dormitories built in JLD, hence better infrastructure is built for them
- foreign workers training centre in JLD
- jurong hospital for foreign workers industrial accidents
- bigbox for foreign workers bulk purchase for cooking in their dormitories
- jurong lake garden for them to relax and have picnic, possibly in future hosting bollywood movies for them
- transient workers stay in jurong genting hotel

invigorated
26-12-14, 11:42
Are you having difficulties reading? I thought I have said that JLD is no Orchard Road? LOL..

My point is, you keep reinforcing that jurong 'will definitely be' the future cbd and you've drawn parallels with the current cbd.

I'm saying that you are already assuming that it is when it's not, at least not yet. Even the media only uses words like 'has the potential'.

Ringo33
26-12-14, 12:36
My point is, you keep reinforcing that jurong 'will definitely be' the future cbd and you've drawn parallels with the current cbd.

I'm saying that you are already assuming that it is when it's not, at least not yet. Even the media only uses words like 'has the potential'.

You might want to quote the exactly words of what I wrote instead of going around making up stories to amuse yourself.

invigorated
26-12-14, 16:10
You might want to quote the exactly words of what I wrote instead of going around making up stories to amuse yourself.

Seriously? Weren't you the one going around telling the world world jurong will be the 2nd cbd and now I have to remind u? It was just a few posts above but in case u still can't find...

Still a long way to go despite being the one and only residential development within the future 2nd CBD at the moment

teddybear
26-12-14, 16:48
Woodlands Regional Centre (aka WLD) coming up and billed as the largest regional CBD after Singapore's main CBD!

So what is the position of JLD as regional CBD now with respect to WLD?

invigorated
26-12-14, 18:03
Woodlands Regional Centre (aka WLD) coming up and billed as the largest regional CBD after Singapore's main CBD!

Not forgetting the east too.
http://www.propertyfishing.com/wp-content/uploads/Changi-could-be-CBD-of-the-East-Business-Times.jpg

invigorated
26-12-14, 18:22
I guess the government's plan to elevate the different zones is coming off quite clearly.

Think in line of what our PM Lee said about 'every school is a good school'. Maybe they are applying the same concepts to cbd

Ringo33
26-12-14, 20:56
Seriously? Weren't you the one going around telling the world world jurong will be the 2nd cbd and now I have to remind u? It was just a few posts above but in case u still can't find...

Yes i did said that JLD will be the 2nd CBD of Singapore, so please dont anyhow twist words to amuse yourself.

Ringo33
26-12-14, 20:57

Woodland Region Center = WLD?? HAHAH.

Largest outside CBD?

Please stop talking so much cock in this forum lah.

Ringo33
26-12-14, 21:01
I guess the government's plan to elevate the different zones is coming off quite clearly.

Think in line of what our PM Lee said about 'every school is a good school'. Maybe they are applying the same concepts to cbd

See how a dumb person use what teddybear said and turn it into something PM Lee said.

Woodland as CBD?? LOL

Which article did you read? Troll Times?

Ringo33
26-12-14, 21:03
BEWARE!!!

The possibility that the future Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High-Speed Rail (HSR) terminus could be sited in Jurong East will position Jurong Lake District as a new gateway to Singapore, and potentially be the country’s second Central Business District (CBD), said Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance Tharman Shanmugaratnam.

The government is currently studying where the future HSR terminus could be located in Singapore, and Jurong East is one of the possible locations.

Speaking at a community event at Jurong Lake on 19 October, Mr Tharman said the government has developed commercial and residential spaces at Jurong Gateway since the 2008 Master Plan.

“Now, we are in a new phase of this transformation that will change the image of Jurong. Jurong Lake Gardens and its surroundings will bring a new face to our Jurong heartlands,” he said.

At the National Day Rally this year, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announced plans for Jurong Lake District and beyond, which also include Jurong Lake Gardens and a new Science Centre, potential for new homes, and better accessibility and connectivity for the public.

Currently, government agencies are working with more than 20 companies and starts-ups to deploy and trial innovative technology in the district.

Viable solutions arising from the trials will be considered for full-scale deployment in other development areas or even overseas.

Image source: URA