PDA

View Full Version : URA releases commercial site at Beach Road

dtrax
26-11-14, 16:41
The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) has released the detailed sales conditions for the commercial site at Beach Road today.

The land parcel at Beach Road is made available for application for sale under the Reserve List of the 2nd half 2014 Government Land Sales (GLS) Programme.

Land Parcel at Beach Road
The land parcel is located at the fringe of the Singapore city centre and the intersection of two key development corridors along Beach Road and the Ophir-Rochor roads. Fronting Beach Road, Rochor Road and Nicoll Highway, the future development is envisaged to provide high quality office space with complementary uses that can meet the needs of financial and business services. This new development will also reinforce the area’s positioning as an attractive and vibrant mixed use precinct within the city centre.

Occupying a land area of 2 ha and having unobstructed frontages along the major roads, the future development on the land parcel can reach a height of 45 storeys and will have a gross floor area of about 88,000 sqm, of which about 70% will have to be set aside for office use.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/media-room/news/2014/nov/~/media/User%20Defined/URA%20Online/media-room/2014/nov/pr14-71b.ashx

kellogs
26-11-14, 19:45
wow ... this is awesome! ... i wonder if they could an underground link way to Suntec, Downtown Line and DUO?

Ringo33
26-11-14, 21:44
wow ... this is awesome! ... i wonder if they could an underground link way to Suntec, Downtown Line and DUO?

Prime site, however Shaw Tower is getting in the way. Perhaps Shaw family can jointly developed this site and turn it into a mega rectangular shape development.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/land-sales-repository/sites-available/~/media/User%20Defined/URA%20Online/land-sales/Sites/beachrd/tenderdocs/beach-rd-tcot.ashx

kellogs
27-11-14, 08:05
Thanks Ringo33 for the URL and i read this

2.2.5 The development on the Land Parcel will be well-connected to other developments
within the city and the rest of Singapore via a comprehensive and efficient transport
network. It is located in close proximity to the Bugis MRT Interchange Station and will
be connected directly to the station concourse via an underground pedestrian link,
providing direct, convenient and seamless access to the islandwide rail network.

Anyone know if bugis is linked with downtown line?

Allthepies
27-11-14, 09:09
Bugis east west line is connected to Bugis downtown line

sunrise
27-11-14, 11:08
Prime site, however Shaw Tower is getting in the way. Perhaps Shaw family can jointly developed this site and turn it into a mega rectangular shape development.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/land-sales-repository/sites-available/~/media/User%20Defined/URA%20Online/land-sales/Sites/beachrd/tenderdocs/beach-rd-tcot.ashx

why suddenly interested in city area, got no confidence in your JLD?

Ringo33
27-11-14, 11:25
why suddenly interested in city area, got no confidence in your JLD?

Stop acting like a kid in this forum.

kellogs
27-11-14, 11:50
Hi guys ... for those interested X vs Y ... please do so in your PM. I am tired of seeing X vs Y on every damm threads! this is a property forum and not X vs Y.

Ringo33
27-11-14, 13:06
i reckon CDL, who is developing the South Beach site, will have no choice but to submit a relatively high bid to protect their interest.

AssetRichMoneyPoor
27-11-14, 14:17
i reckon CDL, who is developing the South Beach site, will have no choice but to submit a relatively high bid to protect their interest.

So obvious doesn't even need to spell out. However not winning may not necessarily be a bad thing.
Developers acquiring land banks now with high bids are facing a uncertain future (already seen with a few lately when sales are so lacklustre).
Just don't be like fraser to outbid others by amount of insane proportion.

Ringo33
27-11-14, 15:01
So obvious doesn't even need to spell out. However not winning may not necessarily be a bad thing.
Developers acquiring land banks now with high bids are facing a uncertain future (already seen with a few lately when sales are so lacklustre).
Just don't be like fraser to outbid others by amount of insane proportion.

Developer keen.on this project are likely to be looking for recurrent income from office and hotel due to restriction.

You might think Fraser is stupid but I think they are smart to control the northern suburban retail market

Luke65
27-11-14, 16:47
Will definitely be a plus to residential units and shop houses within a distance

Ringo33
27-11-14, 20:38
Will definitely be a plus to residential units and shop houses within a distance

shop house is only lucrative for developer if they can sell in small strate units.
Residential unit will make up very small % of this development due to URA restriction, hence for developers who are keen on this site, office and retails component will be the main driver.

Luke65
28-11-14, 18:50
shop house is only lucrative for developer if they can sell in small strate units.
Residential unit will make up very small % of this development due to URA restriction, hence for developers who are keen on this site, office and retails component will be the main driver.

I meant this commercial site will benefit the residential and shophouses within a distance... :highly_amused: