PDA

View Full Version : Decoupling of HDB

Reuben
30-10-14, 11:51
I am not sure if this is posted before. Does anyone here had decouple their HDB and I would like to know what are the cost involved in doing this. Eg. Legal fee, stamp duty etc.

kellogs
30-10-14, 11:58
i thought for HDB you need to have both husband and wife in order to own it?

Cyberknight
30-10-14, 12:54
Divorced can. Siblings/ parents owners not sure.

Reuben
30-10-14, 13:16
i thought for HDB you need to have both husband and wife in order to own it?

Sorry what i meant is "transfer of ownership".

Werther
30-10-14, 14:34
Sorry what i meant is "transfer of ownership".

i think you may transfer ownership to your spouse and become occupier.

you may purchase another property without having to pay ABSD, provided you pay back all loan or outstanding cpf.

This is what I know.

I may be wrong. Any thoughts anyone?

Greenwood
30-10-14, 19:26
i think you may transfer ownership to your spouse and become occupier.

you may purchase another property without having to pay ABSD, provided you pay back all loan or outstanding cpf.

This is what I know.

I may be wrong. Any thoughts anyone?

You are correct. It can be done but the hdb will be locked down by seller ssd. Cost i think is minimal like within $1k as hdb stamp duties are cheap.

Reuben
31-10-14, 10:38
You are correct. It can be done but the hdb will be locked down by seller ssd. Cost i think is minimal like within $1k as hdb stamp duties are cheap.

Wow. That's cheap ! wonder is there are many who are doing it?

bargain hunter
31-10-14, 11:22
those who can afford condo have probably already done it given the rise in hdb addressed buyers even in prime districts.

another issue is your spouse needs to pay you back ALL the cpf contributions + interest which you had contributed to the hdb.

Wow. That's cheap ! wonder is there are many who are doing it?

Werther
31-10-14, 13:30
those who can afford condo have probably already done it given the rise in hdb addressed buyers even in prime districts.

another issue is your spouse needs to pay you back ALL the cpf contributions + interest which you had contributed to the hdb.

I think the other issue is the next property is going to be bought under sole name. can't use spouse cpf... that may be the killer too.

cartman
02-11-14, 01:16

if for example the husband transfer ownership to the housewife, does the housewife need to pay back all the cpf contributions to the husband's cpf? or is it the other way round?

Yuki
03-11-14, 06:53
I think the other issue is the next property is going to be bought under sole name. can't use spouse cpf... that may be the killer too.

Actually if the 2nd property is meant as investment.. Shouldn't use cpf to pay. Best to fund with cash.

bargain hunter
03-11-14, 09:16
on paper, the housewife has to pay back all the cpf contributions to the husband's cpf by 1) wiping out all her cpf and then 2) the balance pay in cash.

if for example the husband transfer ownership to the housewife, does the housewife need to pay back all the cpf contributions to the husband's cpf? or is it the other way round?

Warren49
03-11-14, 10:55
Actually if the 2nd property is meant as investment.. Shouldn't use cpf to pay. Best to fund with cash.

Ordinary CPF only generates a pathetic 2.5% interest, with min sum. For investment purpose, I would rather fund the monthly loan instalment using CPF, and the net rental cash generated can be deployed for other purposes, such as creating an equity buffer for UK properties. Haha......

abkt
13-12-15, 20:43
Any idea how long does it take to do this?Tx

limfc
26-12-15, 22:33
Any idea how long does it take to do this?Tx
About 3 months... it seems quite common since some time ago...see this link for a "tutorial"... :p
http://jkfund.blogspot.sg/2014/06/hdb-decouple-topic-spr-sc-household.html

Arcachon
27-12-15, 06:32
https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=hdb+decouple&oq=hdb+decouple&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64j69i60.5124j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Arcachon
27-12-15, 06:33
http://squarefootproperty.com/property/what-is-de-coupling

limfc
27-12-15, 21:19
http://squarefootproperty.com/property/what-is-de-coupling

Hi Archchon.... thanks for sharing the above link... and ermm... the above article may not be entirely true for HDB... no offense intended...
I was told by HDB officer that it is case by case scenario and it can be fairly complex... Good luck to those who are attempting this path... :)

Kelonguni
27-12-15, 23:46
Hi Archchon.... thanks for sharing the above link... and ermm... the above article may not be entirely true for HDB... no offense intended...
I was told by HDB officer that it is case by case scenario and it can be fairly complex... Good luck to those who are attempting this path... :)

It is fairly straightforward. If fully paid and MOP easier. My neighbour has done that before with loan pending.

Use HDB website to check for eligibility officially. They will then inform you by post whether eligible. Take letter down to the hdb branch with all co owners and a blank cheque (supposing CPF insufficient).

Pay a marginal sum (within a couple of hundreds) for stamp fees and get a print out of estimated sums involved for whole transaction.

Wait a couple more months for completion. Final letter would inform about the completion.

Better to do or not to do, this question leave it to you better.