PDA

View Full Version : Extension

irisng
16-10-14, 11:12
If the tenant wants to extend for another month, so we need to prepare another contract and pay agent's fee.

DC33_2008
16-10-14, 11:32
Bro. IMO, not necessary with paperwork and involve agent for just one month extension. Not sure agent can charge you 2wk commission for 1 month rental. IRAS stamp fee will also incur cost too. It is really your call. The important to note that if your tenant is still legal working/staying in singapore.
If the tenant wants to extend for another month, so we need to prepare another contract and pay agent's fee.

DMCK
16-10-14, 11:42
a month is just a blink of an eye..

irisng
16-10-14, 14:04
Bro. IMO, not necessary with paperwork and involve agent for just one month extension. Not sure agent can charge you 2wk commission for 1 month rental. IRAS stamp fee will also incur cost too. It is really your call. The important to note that if your tenant is still legal working/staying in singapore.

Thank you so much. The tenant said she is still considering whether to continue with the renting or rent elsewhere. If for you, what will you do?

Jem
17-10-14, 01:21
I guess it all depends if this tenant has been a good tenant? If record has been good just offline let him/her stay and maybe just "officiate" with an email or letter between 2 of you? I will also hold on to the deposit and not refund yet.

irisng
17-10-14, 08:01
I guess it all depends if this tenant has been a good tenant? If record has been good just offline let him/her stay and maybe just "officiate" with an email or letter between 2 of you? I will also hold on to the deposit and not refund yet.

Thank you. Yesterday, my agent also called us to let her stay as a gesture since she is a good tenant.

DC33_2008
17-10-14, 08:28
The tenant will have to be a definite period of stay. Otherwise, rental market will only become more competitive. Why don't you agree on a slightly lower rent for another 2 years lease since you said they are nice people.
Thank you so much. The tenant said she is still considering whether to continue with the renting or rent elsewhere. If for you, what will you do?

irisng
17-10-14, 08:39
The tenant will have to be a definite period of stay. Otherwise, rental market will only become more competitive. Why don't you agree on a slightly lower rent for another 2 years lease since you said they are nice people.

Yup, I have discussed with my spouse and told our agent, if she wants to continue, we don't mind to lower a bit.