PDA

View Full Version : Singapore ranks 31st for Livability in Japanese Global Power City Index

Londonproperty123
12-10-14, 15:35
Singapore ranks 31st for Livability in Japanese Global Power City Index. Not sure why we did so badly, but it is worthwhile to think about.

Overall, Singapore did very well for the index, with an overall rank of 5. But when you look at the detailed breakdown by categories, this poor showing in livability index looks worrying.

Singapore's Ranking
Economy - 6th
R&D - 8th
Cultural Interaction - 4th
Livability - 37th
Environment - 5th
Accessibility - 8th
Overall - Singapore was ranked 5th.

More info -
http://londonproperty123.blogspot.sg/2014/10/singapore-ranks-31st-in-world-for.html

Kelonguni
12-10-14, 22:06
My guess only for the very low score for liveability.

1. Cost of living - housing and car costs. Period.

2. Congestion - how much more denser can and should we get?

3. Work culture - depends on sector but generally overworked and underpaid? Linked to point 1.

J3
12-10-14, 22:42
When you tell me Spore is less liviable than HK, i know this is a bogus ! Bcause simply one point : HK housing and car costs including parking lot prx and pertol are way more expensive than Spore ! However we still scored high in overall ranked no.5

august
13-10-14, 01:12
Simple, the proliferation of mickey mouse units brings down liveability.

J3
13-10-14, 10:32
That why I said this this finding is bogus, HK is not only mm but coffin house 177 sqft - 200 sqft unit, Spore in surely more liveable la.

Kelonguni
13-10-14, 10:48
Size of housing has nothing much to do with livability. The other countries higher on the list also have small format housing to some extent.

In SG, small format housing still occupies a very small percentage of the total housing, and most of these smaller format housing have not even been completed yet, in order for more traditionally-oriented buyers to appreciate their values.

Had a recent opportunity to stay in two separate small format housing (one is 54sqm two BR plus two toilets; sharing with 3 other persons; another is a 43 sqm 1BR, sharing with 1 person). The 1BR was much more shiok for me. Its definitely very livable!

J3
13-10-14, 11:36
When point 2 is not working, go back to point 1 Cost of living - housing and car costs. Period.

Or go back to my earlier post, no need to ding dong ding dong !

Kelonguni
13-10-14, 19:11
When point 2 is not working, go back to point 1 Cost of living - housing and car costs. Period.

Or go back to my earlier post, no need to ding dong ding dong !

Posting in forums is sometimes sing song sing song.

Sounds the same but might not mean the same.