PDA

View Full Version : Stadia at Yio Chu Kang - Any comments

East Mints
11-04-08, 10:21
Anybody went to the showroom -any comments?

Unregistered
11-04-08, 11:37
Anybody went to the showroom -any comments?

I went last weekend... was sourcing for a unit in that area... looks okie.. boutique development.. nice quite ambience, although one part was near a heavy road.. near mrt and facilities...

But when i said i want to consider first... the sales agent took back the brochure and said not enough copies....

Not enough brochures during a private preview... so unprofessional...

I am not buying from such a developer or sales agent...

Unregistered
11-04-08, 12:00
I went last weekend... was sourcing for a unit in that area... looks okie.. boutique development.. nice quite ambience, although one part was near a heavy road.. near mrt and facilities...

But when i said i want to consider first... the sales agent took back the brochure and said not enough copies....

Not enough brochures during a private preview... so unprofessional...

I am not buying from such a developer or sales agent...
Which housing agency? compliant to the developer. I think this project is too expensive for the psf. Not really near to MRT. when we say near mean about 200 meter away from MRT.

Unregistered
11-04-08, 12:30
Which housing agency? compliant to the developer. I think this project is too expensive for the psf. Not really near to MRT. when we say near mean about 200 meter away from MRT.

ha. don't know where they are from.. but we were quite annoyed. he treats us as if we were there solely there for the brochure and that thing costs a bomb... in another word, we were trated like cheap dirt...

we walked out then... did not bother to calculate the psf even afte he told us it was cheap as compared to other developments in that area. Yeah, you are right.. it wasn't that near the MRT.. just 'near'... the again.. in Sinagpore... everywhere is 'near' a MRT one way or the other....

Unregistered
11-04-08, 15:17
Can anybody share with me the exact location and psf they asking for? Thanks!

linwenyong
11-04-08, 15:30
I heard the psf is around $700 or so. Which is ridiculous considering how small the apartments are and how far away it is from the rest of the world. Their main selling point is that it is near Serangoon Stadium. If a Marketing agent has to resort to boasting about such "convenience", it says a lot about the property.

Unregistered
11-04-08, 17:33
I heard the psf is around $700 or so. Which is ridiculous considering how small the apartments are and how far away it is from the rest of the world. Their main selling point is that it is near Serangoon Stadium. If a Marketing agent has to resort to boasting about such "convenience", it says a lot about the property.

Agree to a certain extent....

Business Times
06-05-08, 13:57
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/topMasthead_small.gif
New Master Plan expected to see selective changes
Key sectors seen benefiting include hotels, aerospace, healthcare, transport
Kalpana Rashiwala
The Business Times
Tuesday, 6 May 2008

Urban Redevelopment Authority's Master Plan 2008 - which will be exhibited soon - will see changes in land use and increases in plot ratios, but these will be selective and focused on growth areas, rather than a widespread upgrade in densities, DBS Vickers Securities said in a report dated yesterday.

The strategic initiatives from the Master Plan will filter down to improved growth fundamentals for various economic sectors. While the property sector will be a key and obvious beneficiary, also standing to benefit from the strategic outline are the hotels, aerospace, healthcare, transport and construction sectors, the report said.

More land will be provided for development of the aerospace industry and the establishment of a designated hub near Seletar Airport will continue to provide strong fundamentals for the sector's continued growth. For the healthcare sector, DBS Vickers sees a medical hub developing around the Novena area and 'we could see rezoning of land parcels in this area to facilitate the development of this medical hub'.

It also suggests plot ratio increases in some mature HDB estates, as part of the rejuvenation plan. With Jurong and Paya Lebar earmarked as new business hubs outside the CBD, 'we are likely to see a concentration of Government Land Sale projects in these two areas in the medium term'.

Noting that the authorities have revealed plans for new residential enclaves such as the area around Marina South Gardens and Kallang Basin, it said, 'we expect rezoning and plot ratio adjustments in these areas'.

'We expect much of the key significant land use and plot ratio changes to be concentrated in certain strategic areas - Seletar (aerospace industrial use), Jurong (new regional centre), Paya Lebar (commercial hub near city fringe), Marina Bay (white sites and residential), Novena (medical and healthcare), Kallang Basin (residential) and Ophir-Rochor (mixed development).'

The report added: 'With the phased opening of the Circle Line from 2009 onwards, we also expect to see an increase in plot ratios for undeveloped state land sites that are close to Circle Line MRT stations, and in particular those that intersect with existing MRT stations.'

'With interchange stations planned at Paya Lebar, Serangoon, Bishan, Buona Vista, Harbourfront and Dhoby Ghaut, we believe that the highest potential for plot ratio changes could come at the Paya Lebar and Serangoon stations, given that the area around the remaining interchange stations are already relatively built up,' DBS Vickers said.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2008-05-06/060508_krmaster6.jpg

Penthouse Fan
21-05-08, 00:42
Place is considered too remote to command the high psf, else I would get it

Goondu
21-05-08, 17:12
Place is considered too remote to command the high psf, else I would get it

Curious to know why you would get it, other than the remote factor?

paperplate
22-05-08, 02:24
Heard almost fully sold.

Ave psf above $800psf..

Most mass market condo below $1k psf are selling quite well...

Lakeshore is one very good example...TOP Dec 07 with psf around 750psf...now around 900psf..abit crazy

a 2 bedder unit at lakeshore rented out 3.5 to 4.5k...WOW

I tink market is hitting those prime condo above 1kpsf and those below 1kpsf are doing the catching up game..

Goondu
22-05-08, 09:39
Heard almost fully sold.

Ave psf above $800psf..

Most mass market condo below $1k psf are selling quite well...

Lakeshore is one very good example...TOP Dec 07 with psf around 750psf...now around 900psf..abit crazy

a 2 bedder unit at lakeshore rented out 3.5 to 4.5k...WOW

I tink market is hitting those prime condo above 1kpsf and those below 1kpsf are doing the catching up game..

Quite agree but there are reasons why Lakeshore is still not fully sold despite TOPed.

Again agree that those below $1k are catching up....

But i disgress with stadia... the finishing and the quality do not command $800 psf and i agree with you the location is really remote......

Pacer
25-05-08, 23:23
Quite agree but there are reasons why Lakeshore is still not fully sold despite TOPed.

But i disgress with stadia... the finishing and the quality do not command $800 psf and i agree with you the location is really remote......

I dont know why you dislike stadia. i have been living in hougang for years. To me it is a superb location and price are cheap. walking distance to serangoon mrt with shopping centre in 2 yeras time bigger than Parkway Parade or IMM. Right in front is a stadium plus swimming pool . more importantly you need less than 10 mins drive to serangoon graden which is a hot place. Too bad all sold out within 1 month at this time of low key for property. To me this place will shoot up to more than 1000 psf very soon.

Hope more property in this area soon.

paperplate
25-05-08, 23:45
I dont know why you dislike stadia. i have been living in hougang for years. To me it is a superb location and price are cheap. walking distance to serangoon mrt with shopping centre in 2 yeras time bigger than Parkway Parade or IMM. Right in front is a stadium plus swimming pool . more importantly you need less than 10 mins drive to serangoon graden which is a hot place. Too bad all sold out within 1 month at this time of low key for property. To me this place will shoot up to more than 1000 psf very soon.

Well, I guess property price is very subjective. It all depends on individual preferences and usually people will tend to buy for self stay or invest within the area they are comfortable and familiar with.

However, as a general guideline, prime properties in D9,10,11 will have greater capital appreciation in the long run. Inevitably, the price gap between prime condos and mass market condo will keep getting wider. Income gap between rich and poor will gets wider and wider as well.

Goondu
26-05-08, 13:42

Nothing against Stadia personally. Just sharing my personal 2 cents worth of opinion why stadia is overpriced in today market in that location.

westerner
27-05-08, 17:20

Hey, I share your views. The location of Stadia and other properties around it is quite good (lotz of freehold too). Near mrt station and arterial road (upper serangoon) but not so near that you get road and train noise. You can reach city (dhoby ghaut) in less than 15 mins by train or by car (sub-highway to bendemeer)... got cte, pie, kpe to get to other parts of the island. Convenient but not overcrowded. Not to mention the wonderful food there, and yum yum, durian! I think there are gems in this area that have yet to be uncovered even in times like this. If I can afford a private property in this area I would get one...

Just my personal view of course...

please lah
28-05-08, 13:17
$800 psf??

I can get an old, unrenovated D10 or D11 Bukit Timah condo at $1000 psf now! Just spend $40k renovating it and it wil look stylish and new.

Why would I want to look at YIO CHU KANG???? SIAO!

Unregistered 13 14
28-05-08, 17:35
#14 -05 #14-05 #14-05 #14-05 #14-05.

#14-05 #14-05 #14-05 #14-05 #14-05

Unregistered 13 14
28-05-08, 17:43
#14 -05 #14-05 #14-05 #14-05 #14-05.

#14-05 #14-05 #14-05 #14-05 #14-05

JP
29-05-08, 07:55
$800 psf??

I can get an old, unrenovated D10 or D11 Bukit Timah condo at $1000 psf now! Just spend $40k renovating it and it wil look stylish and new.

what about the facilities and external facade..can the 40K covers?

here
29-05-08, 09:00
what about the facilities and external facade..can the 40K covers?

That's very true. you cannot change the external facade if it is really very dilapidated. some of the facilities in some condos are also so run-down that no one wants to consider such developments.

Penthouse Fan
30-05-08, 17:50
Curious to know why you would get it, other than the remote factor?

I like the penthouse for its 4M high ceiling....but location doesnt justify psf....just tell someone u staying at sgoon, the first thing in mind is HDB. Location is still the key factor in property investment and status differentiation.

paperplate
31-05-08, 03:53
$800 psf??

Jus be careful when u r buying resale units more than 10yrs...Do not forget to check the bathroom areas for possible leakage. Condo will have all their pipings concealed and leakages will tend to seep in after 5 yrs. You cannot possibly change the concealed pipings...

I feels that your comment is very childish and narrow minded.

People buy a property for various reasons...It could be due to the fact that it is near to their relatives and friends near to work place etc etc...

You should never think that your judgment is the best in the world.

toaler
31-05-08, 04:53
Jus be careful when u r buying resale units more than 10yrs...Do not forget to check the bathroom areas for possible leakage. Condo will have all their pipings concealed and leakages will tend to seep in after 5 yrs. You cannot possibly change the concealed pipings...

I feels that your comment is very childish and narrow minded.

People buy a property for various reasons...It could be due to the fact that it is near to their relatives and friends near to work place etc etc...

You should never think that your judgment is the best in the world.
d10 or d11 bt condo at 1k psf quite impossible d21 bt maybe

paperplate
31-05-08, 14:34
d10 or d11 bt condo at 1k psf quite impossible d21 bt maybe

i certainly agree..its like comparing 10yo mercedez with a brandnew toyota vios. The worst thing may happen if you bot an old apt for a high price tag that may even results in a loss if it got sold enbloc...

Pacer
01-06-08, 20:06
For stadia, the condo , although stated yio chu kang road, it is actually at the end of yio chu kang just beside serangoon. I think for those that dont live in these neighbourhood will not appreciate why i think is a good location. Apart from the close proximity to Singapore post , shopping center , nice makan places and tonnes of pub, these is one of the most expensive place in north-east where hdb 5 room are selling for 500k. mind you there are demand.

Once the serangoon shopping center is ready, price will escalate. anyway the food surrounding the area and close distance to town are nice to have.

By the way , it is fully sold within 1.5 months at this period of time above 800 psf. Super hot and good locations.

paperplate
02-06-08, 00:37
For stadia, the condo , although stated yio chu kang road, it is actually at the end of yio chu kang just beside serangoon. I think for those that dont live in these neighbourhood will not appreciate why i think is a good location. Apart from the close proximity to Singapore post , shopping center , nice makan places and tonnes of pub, these is one of the most expensive place in north-east where hdb 5 room are selling for 500k. mind you there are demand.

Once the serangoon shopping center is ready, price will escalate. anyway the food surrounding the area and close distance to town are nice to have.

By the way , it is fully sold within 1.5 months at this period of time above 800 psf. Super hot and good locations.

You are right if u compare some of the projects around that area. Furthermore, new launches in the mass market is hot right now compared to prime areas. Most condo prices in the suburbs are holding firmly and appreciate gradually...

If u are looking at that area, 850psf seems ok...Since kovan melody(99) further away from the city is transacting around 750psf and further down one leicester(FH) is transacting around 850psf. U know The Quartz...99 near to buangkok mrt is transacting ard 750psf..Moreover, u know the calrose(FH) at the other end of yck road is now transacting ard 850psf...so 850psf is the kind of price u got to pay for a freehold new launch project in that area i tink...

Many will only buy into their familiar places...and I got a few friends who so used to stay along east coast area and they will say any area outside east coast is too far for them...It doesn't make sense..but dont forget..we r humans afterall..

Fish
04-06-08, 08:50
any idea who the developer is for Stadia?

ER
04-06-08, 09:58

You sound like the agent for the developer. You stated all the good points but you have not stated the bad ones.

Pacer
04-06-08, 23:23
You sound like the agent for the developer. You stated all the good points but you have not stated the bad ones.

Haha.... because my friend, i have been living in these neighbourhood for years. till today still like the surroundings. Well every area has its bad and good points no doubts. To me foods and transportation are critical in my selections.

Foods - Tonnes of pub in the surriunding with more in serangoon garden. Remind me of clark quary. Food are also tonnes here where i can have fine dinning in serangoon garden or hawker food in kovan town or serangoon town.
For those living in these area will know serangoon garden are famous for hehe....

Transportation to city and work are quite accessible too..

What i meant is subjective to where you live in. But if you look at the transaction price for hdb or condo, you will know why the value is.

The beauty is right in front of stadia is astadium and swimming pool. too bad they sold out pretty soon.

MM
05-06-08, 07:57
Haha.... because my friend, i have been living in these neighbourhood for years. till today still like the surroundings. Well every area has its bad and good points no doubts. To me foods and transportation are critical in my selections.

Foods - Tonnes of pub in the surriunding with more in serangoon garden. Remind me of clark quary. Food are also tonnes here where i can have fine dinning in serangoon garden or hawker food in kovan town or serangoon town.
For those living in these area will know serangoon garden are famous for hehe....

What i meant is subjective to where you live in. But if you look at the transaction price for hdb or condo, you will know why the value is.

The beauty is right in front of stadia is astadium and swimming pool. too bad they sold out pretty soon.
I hope no flippers. Need to wait and see. Won't be surprised if you see subsales soon.

paperplate
05-06-08, 13:40
I hope no flippers. Need to wait and see. Won't be surprised if you see subsales soon.

I believe those who bot this yr will have the holding power. Hunt for those projects that r launched last yr. U may find some gd deals!

A gd indication on the property market will be The Sail which is going to TOP soon...

Er
09-06-08, 13:06
I believe those who bot this yr will have the holding power. Hunt for those projects that r launched last yr. U may find some gd deals!

A gd indication on the property market will be The Sail which is going to TOP soon...

Yes, you are right especially those buyers not on deferred payment scheme...

iridrium
11-06-08, 11:20
Check the listings, there are tons of flippers out in the market looking for excess of $1,000psf.

Toh
11-06-08, 11:39
what do u mean flippers?

Unregistered11122
11-06-08, 12:26
Don't be misleaded by tons of sellers..

I myself also tell agts to market my unit which TOP next yr..If can sell at the right price i sell, if not rent out since i got my bank loan oredi...

U can only see so called 'cheap' units like Sail, etc...but if u take a closer look, even at the current 'cheap' askng price...it is oredi a 50-100% increase in price from the developer's launch price..

Only those selling way below valuation r desperate flippers...As u can see, not many..mabe consists of 5% only...

As u noticed, property market crash sharply in a span of 6mths during 96 asia financial crisis..but this time round...US subprime was surfaced last Aug...almost 1 yr oredi and property market have no signs of crashing...only high end condo are under correction as they have shoot up too much over the past 2 yrs which is not justifiable...

I believe mid-mass market prices will hold firmly and may even increase gradually.

Can look out for those areas tat havent gone up by more den 30% since SARS period...SG's GDP range between 7-8% for the past 4-5yrs oredi and property prices should increase accordingly as well.

Penthse Lover
13-06-08, 19:00

Not that I know of that the units are sold off very fast. If u are thinking of taking the MRT daily, walking distance from Stadia to the MRT can be quite tiring.....I have stayed in Serangoon Central for 10 yrs before I moved to Kovan....I must say that stretch of road which Stadia sits in is rather ulu and not so convenient....i would choose say The Trumphs at Kembangan against it as it is so near to the MRT....anyway, different folks, different strokes...

Pacer
13-06-08, 21:22
Not that I know of that the units are sold off very fast. If u are thinking of taking the MRT daily, walking distance from Stadia to the MRT can be quite tiring.....I have stayed in Serangoon Central for 10 yrs before I moved to Kovan....I must say that stretch of road which Stadia sits in is rather ulu and not so convenient....i would choose say The Trumphs at Kembangan against it as it is so near to the MRT....anyway, different folks, different strokes...

hehe... my friends. The walking distance at my pace is really 10 mins from stadia to serangoon mrt. You know i did a walk with my partner to view the place but they sold out within even giving me an opportunity to consider seriously.

For those living in condo, majority have cars but even walking is not too painful as well. But if you want to compare right infront of mrt , well that is of course better :). But no harm to me.

I saw some are selling off at $1000 psf now. Let see if the area goes beyond $1200 psf once the biggest shopping center and the air-condition interchange hub is ready. IR will also spike up the land price.

TOH
17-06-08, 09:44
I'm quite positive that the price will go up as well cos of the future shopping mall and air con interchange .. In fact, I've walked around the area, It is not ulu.. cos stadia is situated beside the stadium..and nearby 3min walk to shop and save and 24 hr kopitiam.. across the road there are fruit centre... eg..

F1
17-06-08, 10:12
hehe... my friends. The walking distance at my pace is really 10 mins from stadia to serangoon mrt. You know i did a walk with my partner to view the place but they sold out within even giving me an opportunity to consider seriously.

For those living in condo, majority have cars but even walking is not too painful as well. But if you want to compare right infront of mrt , well that is of course better :). But no harm to me.

I saw some are selling off at $1000 psf now. Let see if the area goes beyond $1200 psf once the biggest shopping center and the air-condition interchange hub is ready. IR will also spike up the land price.

IR will certainly spike up the prices but will does so in the near future to the surronding projects... i don't see any link between Stadia and IR for al least for the next 3 years... Stadia will only benefit from the spilled over effect, if any. Don't bet on it.

iridrium
17-06-08, 14:54

Wow, I certainly hope what you say will come true. *I am staying nearby* It will be record price if prices goes above $1,000psf for that area. At $1,000psf, there are a lot more choices already though. My guess is if things remain status quo, the price will come close to $1,000psf,nothing exceed that. However, if the market goes into another rally, then the sky is the limit loh.

It is two bus stops away from the bus stop above Serangoon MRT, you will definitely break out sweat if you walk.

But you are right, I am betting on the Hub, shopping centre and the future circle line when I brought my place.

Toh
25-06-08, 17:47
i'm currently staying in Boon Keng.. taking about 8 mins walk to mrt. I don't think it is tiring.. 8 mins - 10 mins consider nearby.

IR2
08-07-08, 17:42
IR will certainly spike up the prices but will does so in the near future to the surronding projects... i don't see any link between Stadia and IR for al least for the next 3 years... Stadia will only benefit from the spilled over effect, if any. Don't bet on it.

By the time IR spikes up the price in Sgoon, I guess most other areas nearer to IR already achieved far more higher. Dun say 3 yrs, I stayed there for 10 years and nothing much happened...

Dragging
08-07-08, 17:44
i'm currently staying in Boon Keng.. taking about 8 mins walk to mrt. I don't think it is tiring.. 8 mins - 10 mins consider nearby.

It is not just 8 to 10 mins from Stadia to MRT, it is more like 18 mins walk, and imagine walking the same route every morning to rush to work....

Dragging
08-07-08, 17:46
Wow, I certainly hope what you say will come true. *I am staying nearby* It will be record price if prices goes above $1,000psf for that area. At $1,000psf, there are a lot more choices already though. My guess is if things remain status quo, the price will come close to $1,000psf,nothing exceed that. However, if the market goes into another rally, then the sky is the limit loh.

It is two bus stops away from the bus stop above Serangoon MRT, you will definitely break out sweat if you walk.

But you are right, I am betting on the Hub, shopping centre and the future circle line when I brought my place.

I really could not imagine Sgoon area will reach 1000 psf within the next 5 to 10 yrs....not even close...you gotta wait till ur neck grows long...

iridrium
09-07-08, 15:05
I really could not imagine Sgoon area will reach 1000 psf within the next 5 to 10 yrs....not even close...you gotta wait till ur neck grows long...

Same was said of Jalan Jurong Kechil... look what happened.

Never say never.

cluster fcuked
09-07-08, 15:12
Upper Bukit Timah is different.

There got few HDB, more open space, building more spaced apart, more greenery, some more is hilly giving it the san zhuang (The Peak HK) feel. Population density is low.

The entire Serangoon Road from Little India to Hougang is one congested clusterf.u.c.k with insane traffic, clusterf.u.c.k.ed buildings, ah nehs running up and down, cheapo HDB everywhere. High population density, every see people and cars. See Bay Sian!

Come on man, face facts. Low class is low class, no need to prove anything.

cluster2
09-07-08, 15:16

There got few HDB, more open space, building more spaced apart, more greenery, some more is hilly giving it the san zhuang (The Peak HK) feel. Population density is low.

The entire Serangoon Road from Little India to Hougang is one congested clusterf.u.c.k with insane traffic, clusterf.u.c.k.ed buildings, ah nehs running up and down, cheapo HDB everywhere. High population density, every see people and cars. See Bay Sian!

If high population density like Orchard and CBD i don't mind. Got chio bu and luxury condo, luxury sport car everywhere.

But you are talking Serangoonie leh! KNN got ah beng Civic, got ah pek Vios got ah neh riding bicycle, the only female you see are ah soh or aunty. Wah lan pay so much to see all these ah? Forget it lah.

iridrium
09-07-08, 15:30

Prove anything? Who is proving anything? Jalan Jurong kechil is not upper bukit timah, neither is it The Peak. These are FACTS.

One man's meat is another's poison. Don't need to go around slamming other areas you know nothing about.

Dragging
09-07-08, 17:52
Prove anything? Who is proving anything? Jalan Jurong kechil is not upper bukit timah, neither is it The Peak. These are FACTS.

One man's meat is another's poison. Don't need to go around slamming other areas you know nothing about.

Hi, I'm interested to know which condo development in Jalan Jurong Kechil fetches above 1000 psf in the caveat lodge. Thks!

Toh
10-07-08, 16:16
Hi, I'm interested to know which condo development in Jalan Jurong Kechil fetches above 1000 psf in the caveat lodge. Thks!

Does that matter you?

wannabe
11-07-08, 17:09
YCK@$850psf???
What a joke!

Dragging
14-07-08, 18:06
Does that matter you?

And my question matters you??? Siao!

KK1
24-09-08, 17:04
Hi Stadia owners, how many carpark lots for this project?

park natura
25-09-08, 02:29
it is park natura in old jurong rd next to jln jurong kechil

yck condo a joke
25-09-08, 02:31
i agree, i wouldnt even pay 500psf for a locatn like yck.
YCK@$850psf???
What a joke!

25-09-08, 08:27
i agree, i wouldnt even pay 500psf for a locatn like yck.
then don't pay lor! no one asks you to buy. there are plenty of others who like yck.

KK1
25-09-08, 15:38
YCK is a very long stretch. Stadia happens to be near the end of YCK with a lot of fantastic eateries. I think the location is excellent for a project in this district.
But too bad, all units snapped up already.

Unregistered1
27-09-08, 15:08
YCK is a very long stretch. Stadia happens to be near the end of YCK with a lot of fantastic eateries. I think the location is excellent for a project in this district.

sure or not? or just marketing tool. i saw sole agent advertisment at work site..maybe sub sales tho..

KK1
30-09-08, 08:22
sure or not? or just marketing tool. i saw sole agent advertisment at work site..maybe sub sales tho..

Hi Unregistered, from forum it stated all sold. You can also check the URA website, all 56 units fully sold out. Keke, not marketing tool nor am I agent. Just looking around for place to stay.

Anyway, what is the parking spaces available in this development. 1 for 1?

recession
30-09-08, 08:41
Look at Todays stock price then talk lah, you stupid idiot. Rich man all peeing on their pants. Better sell what you have still thinking of buying or holding your property?

Unregistered12345678
03-10-08, 11:51

Stadia happens to be at one end of Serangoon Central and opposite end of the MRT. That road along the stadium can be a little creepy at late night. A frd of mine had some experiences....

KK1
03-10-08, 17:05
Stadia happens to be at one end of Serangoon Central and opposite end of the MRT. That road along the stadium can be a little creepy at late night. A frd of mine had some experiences....

Whahaha.......can share the story? Along which particular stretch?

fishing
06-10-08, 17:37
Everywhere is creepy when it is late night.. ha ha.

the headless ghost
06-10-08, 23:20
heard a headless old lady (said to be murdered in the 60s) prowls the dark streets in that area.
Everywhere is creepy when it is late night.. ha ha.

skater
13-10-08, 18:54
drove past stadia site yesterday, saw the condo opposite serangoon stadium was demolised. i think maybe there will be a new development there. Anyone know what's the plan for that piece of land?

fishing
23-10-08, 10:05
drove past stadia site yesterday, saw the condo opposite serangoon stadium was demolised. i think maybe there will be a new development there. Anyone know what's the plan for that piece of land?

saw that too , not sure what they are building.. think maybe another condo??

UnregisteredK
31-10-08, 10:57
Stadia at a good location among D19 projects. With shopping mall coming up and IR......it will certainly appreciate in value in 3 to 5 more years. Just watch!

UnregisteredL
31-10-08, 11:54
Stadia at a good location among D19 projects. With shopping mall coming up and IR......it will certainly appreciate in value in 3 to 5 more years. Just watch!

Shopping Mall....depends on what type of shop tenants they bring in...if u go to Highland Mall....dun think u like to shop around there...and wat has IR got to do with Stadia? Trying to trick foreigners?

iridrium
31-10-08, 14:15

What does IR has to do with anything?

Anyway, the shopping mall is located at least 10-15mins walk away.

Question
31-10-08, 14:30

What does IRs got to do with Stadia?
What does Singapore Flyer got to do with Stadia?
What does F1 GP got to do with Stadia?
What does MotoGP got to do with Stadia?
What does Volvo Ocean Race got to do with Stadia?
What does Youth Olympics got to do with Stadia?
What does .......

UnregisteredK
31-10-08, 15:45

I dun tink you took up economics before. May I recommend you John Sloman economics text? Please read and you should have a clearer picture. Why do you think the government is supporting Sands all the way if it will not benefit the country and it's wealth creation in the long run?

Why Why Why?

beauty
31-10-08, 20:54

i think you are shorty.... i am only a lady.. i only walk 8 min to the mrt.. ha ha..

UnregisteredK
02-11-08, 19:31
i think you are shorty.... i am only a lady.. i only walk 8 min to the mrt.. ha ha..

You must be very sporty. Normally ladies will not want to walk more than 5 minutes especially if say carrying laptops etc to work.

iridrium
03-11-08, 08:49
I dun tink you took up economics before. May I recommend you John Sloman economics text? Please read and you should have a clearer picture. Why do you think the government is supporting Sands all the way if it will not benefit the country and it's wealth creation in the long run?

Why Why Why?

Read that before. Thanks for your recommendation anyway but I find it hard to trust the recommendation of someone who promotes a development on the basis of 'IR' factor.

No arguement on whether the IR will benefit the country or not. If you have quoted The Sail, Marina Bay Residences , The Berth, Reflections that will stand to benefit from the effect of IR , I would not have argued that.

But by quoting Stadia, which is no where near the two IRs, the argument seems far fetch for normal people to comprehend.

If any, the effect of IR will benefit every properties in Singapore, not just Stadia per se.

beauty
03-11-08, 10:18
You must be very sporty. Normally ladies will not want to walk more than 5 minutes especially if say carrying laptops etc to work.

smart,ya i am quite sporty.. always walk there every week to the stadium to exercise ..

ATEI
03-11-08, 10:58
Read that before. Thanks for your recommendation anyway but I find it hard to trust the recommendation of someone who promotes a development on the basis of 'IR' factor.

No arguement on whether the IR will benefit the country or not. If you have quoted The Sail, Marina Bay Residences , The Berth, Reflections that will stand to benefit from the effect of IR , I would not have argued that.

But by quoting Stadia, which is no where near the two IRs, the argument seems far fetch for normal people to comprehend.

If any, the effect of IR will benefit every properties in Singapore, not just Stadia per se.

Agree, too far stretched. The immediate beneficail effect will be felt in the immediate vinicity around IR lah...

AT_Ad
03-11-08, 12:37
Agree, too far stretched. The immediate beneficail effect will be felt in the immediate vinicity around IR lah...

ATE1 is talking about short term while the other talking long term. This is silly and short sighted and childish view. You need to grow up.

kitkat
15-05-09, 11:35
the building process for stadia is quite fast.... almost to the top level alr.... any owner of stadia here?

Kenshinto80
20-03-10, 02:23

Was reading through the past posts and threads and interesting to note that $800psf over 1 yr plus back considered as too expensive and unreasonable pricing at that juncture.

Look at the pricing of nearby Wembley Residences and Botanique Residences.

The question today is whether the current pricing is sustainable. I would think a lot depends on the interest rates. Despite all the government cooling measures, if interest rates at still at all time low, consumers will still be able to afford the current pricing. Given the projected low interest rate environment till end of this year at least, I guess prices for properties still going to be high.

Latio
16-04-10, 11:05
Prior th these 3 projects, this place has always been ULU. I really mean ULU..... except some business along the shop houses...

So personally I dun have good feeling on these 3 projects (stadia, Botan, W)

:scared-3: :tsk-tsk: :scared-3:

DuffyDuck
16-04-10, 12:07
Prior th these 3 projects, this place has always been ULU. I really mean ULU..... except some business along the shop houses...

Don't really agree. The area where these mention condominiums is quiet ... not ULU. The area is surrounded with low rise residental estate. Surrounded with plenty of food, good schools and good transportation. Near by Serangoon Garden Chom Chom food court, House of Crabs dll.
CTE is 5 min drive, KPE is 10 min away. Serangoon MRT is 2 bus stops.

PS: No argument just my 1cents option. :P

Latio
16-04-10, 13:05
No worries Ducky.
:tsk-tsk:

:spliff2: :spliff2:

brownberry
16-04-10, 16:54

I stay at Highland Condominium, don't find that the area you mention is ULU. I found it very nice, convience and quiet environment.

Highways are less than 10 min away. Driving to town is less than 20 min (Of course no traffic jam). Plenty of food , public swimming pools dll ....

Cheers :D :2cents: :spliff2: :cheers6: