PDA

View Full Version : how to transfer HDB co-ownership

lionhill
03-09-14, 13:06
Hi, my partner wants to transfer the 50% ownership (I am owning the other 50%) of our HDB flat to me.

One agent told me that the transfer only costs S$600, there is no SSD/ABSD incurred.
But I checked HDB and IRAS website today and my understanding is that SSD/ABSD will be incurred (an ENBOC HDB meeting MOP, I am owner of private property).

Appreciate if any experienced borther/sister can advice.

bargain hunter
03-09-14, 16:13
it costs $600 if you do not own any other property.

lionhill
03-09-14, 16:19
thanks alot for reply, bargain hunter.

Yes, I am owning another property, but I have paid ABSD for it. In that case, do I still need to pay ABSD for the transfer part?

according to HDB wibsite, i have to produce the document for the SSD/ABSD payment. Should I approach IRAS for it first or simply go to HDB first for the transfer?

bargain hunter
03-09-14, 17:56
my friends who have done it went to hdb directly. while some may not be able to advise you properly, not much of a choice. the branch manager should be capable of telling you if u need to pay ABSD or not.

safetyfirst
03-09-14, 19:06
I have friends who were told to pay stamp duties when they checked with the authority. Now not sure whether to proceed or not.

lionhill
03-09-14, 20:58
my friends who have done it went to hdb directly. while some may not be able to advise you properly, not much of a choice. the branch manager should be capable of telling you if u need to pay ABSD or not.

Thanks you very much.

I will go to an HDB branch to check it.

bargain hunter
03-09-14, 23:03
you can only check with the hdb branch which is in charge of your hdb flat. cannot check with just any branch.

lionhill
04-09-14, 09:01
you can only check with the hdb branch which is in charge of your hdb flat. cannot check with just any branch.

Hi, bargain hunter, you are really helpful. thanks again.

Santro
04-09-14, 11:41
I was told by my agent that HDB needs joint ownership. S:concern:o if you have purchased with your spouse/partner, the ownership cannot be transferred unless the couple is divorced.

bargain hunter
04-09-14, 12:17
from hdb website:

"A flat owner may transfer his flat ownership to his spouse, parents, children, siblings or other blood relatives eligible to be included."
"The change of holding type is without monetary consideration, and by way of gift, on grounds of love and affection."

sorry, in case bro lionhill is mistaken, you cannot BUY your wife's part-share unless you are divorced as bro santro has mentioned.

your wife can only transfer her share to you in the form of a gift. ironically, even though it says without monetary consideration, cpf law says you must still pay into your wife's cpf account whatever cpf she has contributed to the flat plus interest. :disgust:

I was told by my agent that HDB needs joint ownership. S:concern:o if you have purchased with your spouse/partner, the ownership cannot be transferred unless the couple is divorced.

lionhill
04-09-14, 12:19
Hi, as bargain hunter said, you'd better check with the authority.

My agent told me that I could not buy commercial properties when I was waiting to meet my MOP for my HDB, making me one of those MTB. Of course, I could not go back to her to ask for compensation.

Santro
06-09-14, 19:47
Sure Bro..Let me check it out with HDB. Do share with us incase you have already got a response from them.:positive:

Hi, as bargain hunter said, you'd better check with the authority.

My agent told me that I could not buy commercial properties when I was waiting to meet my MOP for my HDB, making me one of those MTB. Of course, I could not go back to her to ask for compensation.