PDA

View Full Version : Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views

Pages : [1] 2

Lou
04-04-08, 00:09
Hi all,

Lets hear your views on Telok Kurau/area, there is a number of developments going on as we all know. No doubt a nice and quaint place presently, but what do you make of that area in the future...

Unregistered
04-04-08, 00:17
Rojak development

Unregistered
04-04-08, 01:06
Lousy location. tanjong rhu and marine parade area is the prime of 15.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 07:48
Got Potential meh ?

Unregistered
04-04-08, 08:45
Got Potential meh ?
Is really a Telok area!!!! Eg,all the street road is ver narrow and many old house etc.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 10:29
too many boutique or smalll developments there- bring down the values of the area.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 10:38
Mix, too mix area in Telok Kurau. You ask a friend to find you there, they will usually loss.

D15 - Marine Parade, Tanjong Rhu
D16 - Stick near to Bayshore

These are the value projects.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 10:51
Many old houses marked for conservation, so you should see the area looking the same even after 30 years!

Unregistered
04-04-08, 11:16
Got temple.. Got mosque.. Got church..
v messy area...
traffic jam everywhere
cannot park near anywhere.
So.... avoid

Unregistered
04-04-08, 14:43
u forgot to say - got hospital also.....

very complicated place to live in - alot of lorong lolong lorong....

jt88
04-04-08, 15:01
telok kurau in between marine parade and eunos. neither here nor there. mostly landed or 5storey apartments, limited facilities or view. Telok Kurau is under District 14.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 15:14
All the landed enbloc to give rise to cheap boutique slumps.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 15:14
Telok Kurau area is good.Surrounded by landed properties, mostly well to do people there. There is a mix of various races and some good schools for children within 2km. You will like it there.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 19:44
I find the place very cramped and easy to get lost. It's amazing they can squeeze an apartment is a tiny plot of land.

toaler
05-04-08, 10:44
Hi guys, Telok Kurau is a traditional middle class residential area and the area is filled with landed properties of a wide range of ages. From the pretty modern bungalows to the run down 20 year old terraces. But overall, the area is still a good place to hunt for an affordable landed properties (relative to Meyer road part of Dist 15)

My personal opinion is that accessibility isnt as good for the parts in the middle of Telok Kurau ie. Lorong L that area cause it's right smack in the middle of the entrances/exits to ECP and PIE. This means that residents who wish to get to town has to endure the many traffic lights and slight congestion along Still road to get to either expressways. This issue is less of a problem as you progress either north or south as the proximity to expressways will make travel much more convenient.

Moreover, please take note that Paya Lebar has been ear marked as a area for the development of a regional business hub just like Jurong East. The official plans will be announced in May 2008 and though I dont expect it to be as earth shattering as the plans for Jurong east, the relative proximity of telok kurau and the kembangan private residential areas to the paya lebar commercial hub will be a boon to the those planning to live close to where they work. The main effects of the Paya lebar regional hub on the property market will mainly be felt in the Tanjong Katong and Kembangan area as there is very private residential areas near Paya lebar except the dodgy ones in geylang.

Unregistered
05-04-08, 13:04
Am a foreigner and been living in the Eastern region in the last two years. Honestly I find Telok Kurau area to be very charming... eclectic. It has all the ingredients to be another bohemia. Unlike the usual high rise modern condos you see at Marine Parade/Meyer area.... bit boring to me. Sorry, no offence intended.

Unregistered
05-04-08, 15:39
You r probably not v familiar with Singapore. There are more eclectic places. If you are more adventurous, try the older HDB estates. The bohemian places are more in the west like Bukit Timah or even Upper Bukit Timah - more greenery and spaces and interesting bistros.
Am a foreigner and been living in the Eastern region in the last two years. Honestly I find Telok Kurau area to be very charming... eclectic. It has all the ingredients to be another bohemia. Unlike the usual high rise modern condos you see at Marine Parade/Meyer area.... bit boring to me. Sorry, no offence intended.

Unregistered
05-04-08, 15:42
I don't think one should jump in to buy a place just because there is regional hub 20 years down the road. In any case, the "hub" is at Jurong, Woodlands, Paya Lebar and Punggol, Bugis rite? So many hubs, almost everyone will be close to a hub by 2020.

Hi guys, Telok Kurau is a traditional middle class residential area and the area is filled with landed properties of a wide range of ages. From the pretty modern bungalows to the run down 20 year old terraces. But overall, the area is still a good place to hunt for an affordable landed properties (relative to Meyer road part of Dist 15)

My personal opinion is that accessibility isnt as good for the parts in the middle of Telok Kurau ie. Lorong L that area cause it's right smack in the middle of the entrances/exits to ECP and PIE. This means that residents who wish to get to town has to endure the many traffic lights and slight congestion along Still road to get to either expressways. This issue is less of a problem as you progress either north or south as the proximity to expressways will make travel much more convenient.

Moreover, please take note that Paya Lebar has been ear marked as a area for the development of a regional business hub just like Jurong East. The official plans will be announced in May 2008 and though I dont expect it to be as earth shattering as the plans for Jurong east, the relative proximity of telok kurau and the kembangan private residential areas to the paya lebar commercial hub will be a boon to the those planning to live close to where they work. The main effects of the Paya lebar regional hub on the property market will mainly be felt in the Tanjong Katong and Kembangan area as there is very private residential areas near Paya lebar except the dodgy ones in geylang.

Unregistered
05-04-08, 21:13
Hmmm... all these remarks and opinion going on here on this topic, so is Telok Kurau good too invest in or not ?

Unregistered
06-04-08, 10:04
Hmmm... all these remarks and opinion going on here on this topic, so is Telok Kurau good too invest in or not ?

At current prices.... YESSSSSS!!!!

Unregistered
06-04-08, 16:48

I would say so. Just bought a place there not long ago.

Unregistered
06-04-08, 17:03
Depending on what you're looking for. Pure investment and not staying issit? Then market timing is more important. The question should be is this a good time to buy? Anyway, if for staying, it depends on your own needs, whether it's near your family, your workplace, the facilities available, transportation. My personal opinion of the place is the apartments are built on very small plots and are designed in block form with little aesthetics to maximise space, near the sleazy Joo Chiat, not much facilties (e.g. no tennis courts etc), no scenary to speak off, poor public transport, traffic jams. But if you like the east very much and can't afford the "better" locations, this might be a good choice for you.

Unregistered
06-04-08, 21:21
Am looking at that area for the past few months, but cant find something i like. Either near mosque, temple, road too narrow or far too in if happen to take public transport.

In the end, settle for the same psf pricing along upp east coast.

Unregistered
06-04-08, 22:27
Telok Kurau's more for own stay.

If for rental yield, new projects are being mushroomed there every other month.
Too much competition for comfort.
Plus transportation inconvenience will definitely be a concern for rental purpose.

Unregistered
10-04-08, 13:27
Telok Kurau's more for own stay.

If for rental yield, new projects are being mushroomed there every other month.
Too much competition for comfort.
Plus transportation inconvenience will definitely be a concern for rental purpose.

It's funny abt this talk of inconvenience of transport at Telok Kurau... it is in fact better than kembangan. I know that cos I live there. AFrom telok kurau -a short drive along still road will lead you to ECP.. a short 3 minutes to PIE if you know the shortcut.

This place is charimng and have a resort feeling because all estates there do not exceed 6 stories in height... it gives a foreign to it... everywhere in Singapore... all high rise buildings..

toaler
10-04-08, 20:38
It's funny abt this talk of inconvenience of transport at Telok Kurau... it is in fact better than kembangan. I know that cos I live there. AFrom telok kurau -a short drive along still road will lead you to ECP.. a short 3 minutes to PIE if you know the shortcut.

This place is charimng and have a resort feeling because all estates there do not exceed 6 stories in height... it gives a foreign to it... everywhere in Singapore... all high rise buildings..

hmm telok kurau is good if you drive and provided you are stuck in the middle of either ecp or pie.. if you dont drive, the only transport you can rely on is the bus.. imho i think the kembangan area near lorong marzuki, melayu is better but make sure you stay clear of the vicinity the mrt track and look for units deeper inside..

Unregistered
11-04-08, 16:22
I also think need to drive if stay in telok kurau.
Drive definitely no problem cos near ECP and PIE.
But if dont drive, quite troublesome.
Most of the places have to walk a bit before getting to a bus stop.

Nevertheless, there are some projects that are quite near to bus stops, e.g. ambrosia though considered in telok kurau but along east coast road

Unregistered
11-04-08, 17:32
I also think need to drive if stay in telok kurau.
Drive definitely no problem cos near ECP and PIE.
But if dont drive, quite troublesome.
Most of the places have to walk a bit before getting to a bus stop.

Nevertheless, there are some projects that are quite near to bus stops, e.g. ambrosia though considered in telok kurau but along east coast road

Any exclusive area in Singapore without HDB flats around sure to have a little trouble with public transport... Telok Kurau is not unique leh...

jt88
11-04-08, 17:58
i know someone stays along jln masjit. last year, the building next to it enbloc, now building new condo. this year the building in front of it also enbloc, now tearing down the building. he says the construction is driving him mad. causing cracks in the house.

one must be aware that if the terrace or semi-d next to u goes enbloc, the new building might be built in such a way that have a direct window to window facing to yr unit. 5 storey apartments' maintenance are high too. usually $350 +/- with limited facilities.

Unregistered
11-04-08, 22:55
Gd thing abt this place... it is very quiet and peaceful in the night. So nice to exp that after working all day in a hectic environment.

toaler
20-04-08, 19:30
The Verte @ telok kurau is just 600 metres away from Kembangan MRT.. very convenient in fact...

buy
30-04-08, 14:59
yep not bad

knowalittle
22-05-08, 22:40
I think Telok Kurau area is an ideal and quiet "mid-way point" between the busy areas of Marine Parade and Siglap. In fact, this is one place (and Siglap too) where the private properties are concentrated, without any high-rise monster buildings blocking the "view" and wind.

In addition, look at the convenience and accessibility of Telok Kurau road, both PIE and ECP are easily accessible within 5-7mins. If public transportation is important, choose somewhere near Lor G/H/J where one can access Changi Road and Kembangan MRT. Or take Lor M/N, can access East Coast road, and the future Eastern Regional Line (have to wait 10 years though).

Food wise, best of both worlds I would think. If you need lower cost local fares, there are plenty along Changi road. If variety and higher-end restaurants are desired, there are again plenty along east coast road (katong, and siglap too).

Key point is which part of Telok Kurau you are looking at. Those properties close to the park connector and telok kurau park will definitely be much better and accessible to the main roads (east coast road and changi road)

For those who have expressed their "not too positive" views, have obviously not tried to take a stroll along the park connector and telok kurau park during evenings, there are plenty of families activities and joggers around.

I do agree that this area lacks yuppies appeal, but it is definitely an ideal home for families and expatriates looking for a peaceful and safe place in the midst of the "happening" East Coast area.

Just my 2 cents worth, and hopefully objective enough opinion.

Cheers.

paperplate
23-05-08, 01:16
Agree with you that telok kurau area is a nice place..

However, I would say only those projects near or next to the park connector at Lor G,H(5-8mins walking distance to kembangan Mrt) or Lor M,N(5-7mins walk to East coast Park) are worth considering.

For me, i prefer those units facing the park connector, abit unsightful canal view but at least u have more privacy(no window to window)

In fact, I put up an offer for a unit at The treeline at around $850psf 2mths ago before it TOP..didnt manage to get it..Now it is oredi TOPed and obviously owners r asking higher at around 900 to 1000psf.

It obviously priced me out and fortunately, now I landed myself with other unit at JLB residences..Very nice place where u can do cycling, suntanning, jogging by the beach!..prices around $750psf...still affordable by many locals I suppose..waiting eagerly to do my reno and move in!

For those who love staying near to pasir ris beach, you r welcome to my thread 'JLB residences-999leasehold'!

KIkiki
23-05-08, 02:15
not worth 900psf. should be 500psf. 40% drop will take us there. so anything bought above 500psf is a loss.

East Lover
23-05-08, 10:32
not worth 900psf. should be 500psf. 40% drop will take us there. so anything bought above 500psf is a loss.

Agree Telok Kurau not really worth $900psf but really $500psf is not within market's sentiment too... Please be realistic...

Telok Kurau has its shortcoming but it has its many advantages too... i think a fair assessment should be $800 to $850 currently.

Anyone who really think it is going to drop 40% is just kidding themselves... probably still in dreamland... a drop of 10% to 15% is more realistic... but it will rebound quick and fast as all the vultures waiting on the sideline will rush in once the drop begins....

jaded
23-05-08, 15:23
actually recently just brought over a PH at telok kurau lor K. at around 800 psf. dun knw if it was worth it.. wanted some advise from brothers here.. pls advice. Thanks.

paperplate
23-05-08, 17:28
Hi Jade,

I suppose u bot it for self stay...As I mentioned earlier, I only fancy Lor G,H or M,N...In between Lor like J,L,K are neither here nor there..can be quite inconvenient if any of ur family members need to take public transport...you visitors may finding a hard time getting to ur place too..

800psf sounds reasonable enough currently provided your layout is good and u have unblocked views which is very rare in telok kurau area.

Jus be sure you have the holding power and I believe in 10-20yrs later, ur property may worth above 1200psf as I always believe properties are the best to hedge against rising inflation. If u notice amber road area they are oredi asking from 1000psf to 1400psf (excluding those newly launches that selling at high price from 1500psf up). So, telok kurau may hit above 1kpsf as it is in D15 once the sky is cleared.

For those who r hoping to drop further to ur comfort level...well it may happen if US goes into prolonged U shaped recession but very unlikely for the price to drop below 600psf for sure even for the worst case scenerio...Maybe if genting and sands both goes bankrupt and IR project failed..den propery will definitely crash to 2005 post-Sars prices or less! Well, anything can happen rite? If that really happen, I will buy 1-2 more properties! hehe

jaded
24-05-08, 12:47
hi paperplate,

thanks a lot for ur wonderful advice. anyway hopefully i didnt make the wrong choice though.. hahaha.. Thanks thanks.

East Lover
24-05-08, 22:21
Hi Jade,

I suppose u bot it for self stay...As I mentioned earlier, I only fancy Lor G,H or M,N...In between Lor like J,L,K are neither here nor there..can be quite inconvenient if any of ur family members need to take public transport...you visitors may finding a hard time getting to ur place too..

800psf sounds reasonable enough currently provided your layout is good and u have unblocked views which is very rare in telok kurau area.

Jus be sure you have the holding power and I believe in 10-20yrs later, ur property may worth above 1200psf as I always believe properties are the best to hedge against rising inflation. If u notice amber road area they are oredi asking from 1000psf to 1400psf (excluding those newly launches that selling at high price from 1500psf up). So, telok kurau may hit above 1kpsf as it is in D15 once the sky is cleared.

For those who r hoping to drop further to ur comfort level...well it may happen if US goes into prolonged U shaped recession but very unlikely for the price to drop below 600psf for sure even for the worst case scenerio...Maybe if genting and sands both goes bankrupt and IR project failed..den propery will definitely crash to 2005 post-Sars prices or less! Well, anything can happen rite? If that really happen, I will buy 1-2 more properties! hehe

I like lorong G,H,J,K,L, anything beyond is too far from the main traffic from Upper Changi Road..

paperplate
26-05-08, 00:16
I like lorong G,H,J,K,L, anything beyond is too far from the main traffic from Upper Changi Road..

If you study carefully, prices in Lor J,K,L are generally lower den the rest.

I would say Lor G and N command the highest price. Lor G is the nearest to MRT whereas Lor N is closest to East Coast Park & Tao Nan. And those projects right next to park connector also command a premium..

Personally, I will only buy those projects right next to the connector simply because, U will have unblocked view and privacy and u do not have to worry whether ur neighbours will get enbloc and eventually blocked ur view(window to window facing is very undesirable for me!)

Look out for a newly TOPed project called The Vesta...if u do not mind a mosque nearby, stuck in the middle of Lor K and obviously u r buying for self stay and owns a car..den go for it...It is by far the cheapest in telok kurau area among the newly TOPed projects.

knowalittle
26-05-08, 08:50
How about those projects facing the Telok Kurau park? Like the new Verte, which are commanding around 1000psf.

Lor G/N are indeed convenient. I just realised that Lor G has 2 other exits to the Changi road, which makes driving a breeze, and not relying on Telok Kurau road itself. As I mentioned earlier, Lor G for those looking at instant convenience of an existing MRT line, while those on Lor N will have to wait 10years, but have the better lifestyle appeal since its close to the East Coast Park.

I personally do like those developments facing the Telok Kurau park though. From the master plan, the park is definitely a permanent feature, and those facing it should have a reasonably good view and lots of fresh air too!

Cheers.

jaded
26-05-08, 14:11
seriously , come to think of it , currently there are so mani projects with pool on the top floor. its realli nicer and much more cosier for own stay . sometimes i feel if i did the wrong move buying costa este , small developer , pool is on the ground level somemore.

hahaha.. then brothers also telling me if i wanna do rental with this also difficult cause of the location. realli wasted. anyway , wish me good luck lar.

hopefully when it TOP and i get to see it , i will love it.

East Lover
26-05-08, 16:12
seriously , come to think of it , currently there are so mani projects with pool on the top floor. its realli nicer and much more cosier for own stay . sometimes i feel if i did the wrong move buying costa este , small developer , pool is on the ground level somemore.

hahaha.. then brothers also telling me if i wanna do rental with this also difficult cause of the location. realli wasted. anyway , wish me good luck lar.

hopefully when it TOP and i get to see it , i will love it.

Diffcult to say you made the wrong move. I really think compared to elsewhere, prices at Telok Kuaru is generally very realistic currently compared to so many developements. Like you said, when you see it, you may love it.... Hope you do....

PptyHunt
26-05-08, 21:09
[quote=jaded]seriously , come to think of it , currently there are so mani projects with pool on the top floor. its realli nicer and much more cosier for own stay . sometimes i feel if i did the wrong move buying costa este , small developer , pool is on the ground level somemore.
quote]

I also biow coste este 2 months ago.

Advantage:
1. There is a t-road infront and behind the project, making it very windy.
2. It is actually between still road and telok karau section, which I prefer.
3. It has an easy to pronounce project name and sounds nice.
4. The price offered is very conducive at that point, slightly above $800psf for a 2 bedroom.
5. Sim Lian has a project next to it, when it launches at a higher price, the value immeidately appreciates.

However considering the following, I decided to give it a miss.
a. Transport is quite a concern for me. However if you drive then, not so much of concern.
b. The builiding next to it, which is next to the pool, is quite old and run-down. Dont think I want to have an old building as view while I relax next to the pool.
c. Similar to point 1, the 2 bedroom I'm considering is facing the road in front, so not so good for feng shui.
d. The unit that they are offering good price is right above the BBQ pits. So not so conducive.

However your's a PH thus most of the points that concerns me, are not applicable to you.

So now still hunting hard for a unit. Difficult to meet all the stringent criteria.

jaded
27-05-08, 10:01
wow bro , u realli enlightened mi man. haha.. i always thought it was a veri wrong move. but after wat u explain , seems alrite to mi. al the very lest i dun feel so wasted anymore.
hahaha..
i hope u also find ur dream house soon..

East Lover
27-05-08, 13:36
[quote=jaded]seriously , come to think of it , currently there are so mani projects with pool on the top floor. its realli nicer and much more cosier for own stay . sometimes i feel if i did the wrong move buying costa este , small developer , pool is on the ground level somemore.
quote]

I also biow coste este 2 months ago.

Advantage:
1. There is a t-road infront and behind the project, making it very windy.
2. It is actually between still road and telok karau section, which I prefer.
3. It has an easy to pronounce project name and sounds nice.
4. The price offered is very conducive at that point, slightly above $800psf for a 2 bedroom.
5. Sim Lian has a project next to it, when it launches at a higher price, the value immeidately appreciates.

However considering the following, I decided to give it a miss.
a. Transport is quite a concern for me. However if you drive then, not so much of concern.
b. The builiding next to it, which is next to the pool, is quite old and run-down. Dont think I want to have an old building as view while I relax next to the pool.
c. Similar to point 1, the 2 bedroom I'm considering is facing the road in front, so not so good for feng shui.
d. The unit that they are offering good price is right above the BBQ pits. So not so conducive.

However your's a PH thus most of the points that concerns me, are not applicable to you.

So now still hunting hard for a unit. Difficult to meet all the stringent criteria.

Wah... must tell me what other projects you currently are biowing... i also must go biow too.....

buy
28-05-08, 10:43
telok kurau area is not bad

jaded
28-05-08, 16:18
yup .
telok kurau is indeed a not bad area. however i feel there are too mani small developments that will bring down the price of ur property. hmm.. although i also have just brought a home there.

its just my ten cents worth of comments.

jaded
29-05-08, 10:45
so , is costa este considered a condo or also just considered a apartment?
any enlightenment?

Unregistered2
29-05-08, 15:06
in the long run, there will be a definite increase for all properties in Singapore if you have holding power but what you should be concerned with is the rate of increase and unfortunately, I don't see that rate as being high as compared to the other areas in the east where there is more focus on redevelopment (Marina area, Kallang ,etc) ...

u should ask yourself what your priorities are ...

PptyHunt
29-05-08, 15:23
so , is costa este considered a condo or also just considered a apartment?
any enlightenment?

Apartment.

You may self help by going to the ura website.
www.ura.gov.sg (http://www.ura.gov.sg) under property markets.

paperplate
29-05-08, 17:28
in the long run, there will be a definite increase for all properties in Singapore if you have holding power but what you should be concerned with is the rate of increase and unfortunately, I don't see that rate as being high as compared to the other areas in the east where there is more focus on redevelopment (Marina area, Kallang ,etc) ...

u should ask yourself what your priorities are ...

I believe that some properties are meant for self stay and some for investment.

I would grade telok kurau as a place for self stay as it is still below $1000psf which is still relatively affordable for the mass.

jaded
29-05-08, 17:32
so if now u got spare cash? which project u would introduce?
too mani speculations around. make mi blur also.
cant make decision.

some ppl saying to hold first cause the market will still go down.
hahaha
so which is which.

i will just pray to god i may love my costa este when it top. other worries just cast it aside lar.

Goondu
30-05-08, 11:52
cant make decision.

hahaha
so which is which.

i will just pray to god i may love my costa este when it top. other worries just cast it aside lar.

Verte will be good. so is Blu Coral (a little bit more distance away from MRT).

monkey man
30-05-08, 12:36
what is verte?

got discussion thread or not? how much PSF?

kal
30-05-08, 13:42
Any comments on Telok Kurau area compare to Haig/Butterworth area? Seems like Haig/Butterworth side is fetching higher psf?

East Lover
30-05-08, 16:15
what is verte?

got discussion thread or not? how much PSF?

Verte is at Lorong G, if i am not mistaken (just 5 minutes to MRT). It is about $900 plus to $1000 psf currently.

East Lover
30-05-08, 16:19
Any comments on Telok Kurau area compare to Haig/Butterworth area? Seems like Haig/Butterworth side is fetching higher psf?

Except for the fact that Haig is nearer to the city as compared to Telok Kurau, i much prefer Telok Kurau.... as Haig is a little choatic and nosiy with the nearby market and shopping plazas....

My 2 cents.

Catcher
30-05-08, 17:01
cant make decision.

hahaha
so which is which.

Ha... i will be your neighbour, although not immediate. Welcome ourselves to Telok Kurau.... a rustic charming estate

paperplate
31-05-08, 03:21
cant make decision.

hahaha
so which is which.

Hi Jaded,

FYI, I am actually eyeing a subsale unit at southbank. #3x-09, 614sqft, asking price $1050psf, TOP end 09 estimated. I guess it has a downside risk of $800psf in the near term and upside potential of $1300psf in the mid term given that few 1 bedrm units above 30th floor are transacted at above 1.3k psf over at Citylights.

I believe Kallang, Lavender area has more upside in mid to long term especially given the new URA plans.

Sad to say, I already vested my interest in other project early last yr...So, I may not want to overly expose myself with too many investment properties.

I guess investing in prime areas will never go wrong provided u have the holding power to do so. Prime properties already surpassed previous 96 peak price and therefore, even u make the wrong decision to buy during the last peak price, u would already have sold it for a slight profit. However, most mass market condos are still below the last peak...

jaded
02-06-08, 13:39
yup , actually looking at telok kurau property , i believe that it will rise also unless there is ome kind of out break then we die la. if not i also think that if u have the holding power , its for sure u get to gain profits.

i think at this current stage , property at telok kurau at around 900psf.

so if there are property seekers looking , pls reconsider if its more then 900 psf.

just my 5 cents comments.

Unregistered1
02-06-08, 20:27
Ha... i will be your neighbour, although not immediate. Welcome ourselves to Telok Kurau.... a rustic charming estate

I'm moving there too! Ahahaa!

-Joshing

jaded
05-06-08, 10:13
Yeah , all my neighbour.. welcome in advance. lets throw a house warming when all of us have moved in to create more warmth.. ahaha..

ppl must be thinking , its too early to talk..
hahaha.. at least 1 and a half yrs later..
hahahahahhaa..

hi hi hi
05-06-08, 10:25
I'm moving there too! Ahahaa!

-Joshing

Are you the talented Mr Joshing of CNA forum?

ER
05-06-08, 13:36
Yeah , all my neighbour.. welcome in advance. lets throw a house warming when all of us have moved in to create more warmth.. ahaha..

ppl must be thinking , its too early to talk..
hahaha.. at least 1 and a half yrs later..
hahahahahhaa..

Not too early to plan though. Hehe...

Am looking forward to moving to TK. I really like that rustic feeling... east coast to your south, convenience at your north... feel like moving into a chalet leh... :)

Unregistered1
05-06-08, 15:16
Are you the talented Mr Joshing of CNA forum?

Not talented lah, but ya, I am the same Joshing from CNA.

ABCDE
05-06-08, 16:13
I think Telok Kurau is suitable for the less active sort of people - no tennis court and smallish pond not meant for swimming. I lead an active lifestyle and love tennis and swimming, so such developments with poor facilities will not appeal to me. I find the sameness of the developments in the area rather boring as well. So, poor facilities + poor transport + small plot doesn't appeal to me at all.

If one is looking for peace and greenery, there are better places near the nature reserves. So Telok Kurau is neither here nor there.

FGHIJK
05-06-08, 18:28
I think Telok Kurau is suitable for the less active sort of people - no tennis court and smallish pond not meant for swimming. I lead an active lifestyle and love tennis and swimming, so such developments with poor facilities will not appeal to me. I find the sameness of the developments in the area rather boring as well. So, poor facilities + poor transport + small plot doesn't appeal to me at all.

If one is looking for peace and greenery, there are better places near the nature reserves. So Telok Kurau is neither here nor there.

Okie, with an active lifestyle of yours, you should stay in the Jungle.. Big plot, plenty of greenry and lots of big ponds around , with waterfall somemore.

Joker
05-06-08, 19:18
Okie, with an active lifestyle of yours, you should stay in the Jungle.. Big plot, plenty of greenry and lots of big ponds around , with waterfall somemore.

Haha, u shld stay in HDB then - cheap, big pools, big parks, big carparks, big tennis courts, good transport, big plots of land, but 99 yrs...

Unregistered123
05-06-08, 21:23
Haha, u shld stay in HDB then - cheap, big pools, big parks, big carparks, big tennis courts, good transport, big plots of land, but 99 yrs...

and you expect to live longer than 99 years? what kind of argument is that? nowadays most of the new exciting and expensive condominiums are sitting on leasehold land (Marina area, Sentosa, Keppel, etc).

Unregistered123
05-06-08, 21:24

and you may consider yourself a joker but I think you made yourself out as a fool

No design condo
05-06-08, 22:40
The small pools, poor facilities and rather faceless facade of some of the condos in Telok Kurau is a fair observation. I think the developers decide to save cost, maximise limited space by building glass boxes and forget all about aesthetics :(

It is not very nice to ask people who make a valid observation to stay in jungle! If you think the tennis courts or swimming pools in the Telok Kurau condos are adequate, then justify by sound reasoning instead of making silly remarks.

Unregistered789
05-06-08, 22:50
I notice at least the naysayers justify by proper logic. The Telok Kurau residents just keep calling names... At the end of the day, everyone is in a forum to share views - both postive and negative. There is no need to get worked up just because some forummer share their not-so-positive views on any area.... I personally find the architecture and facilities of the apartments there solely lacking as well. Please do not bash me. It is an honest opinion.

Joker
06-06-08, 09:26
and you expect to live longer than 99 years? what kind of argument is that? nowadays most of the new exciting and expensive condominiums are sitting on leasehold land (Marina area, Sentosa, Keppel, etc).

Argument point is, if you dislike staying in small developments with limited and exclusive facilities, and dun have the dough to buy luxury condos in prime districts, u r better off staying in HDB. Telok Kurau is a place for folks who like private quiet living environment, not for those who loves crowd and enjoy queuing.

FGHIJK
06-06-08, 10:21
The small pools, poor facilities and rather faceless facade of some of the condos in Telok Kurau is a fair observation. I think the developers decide to save cost, maximise limited space by building glass boxes and forget all about aesthetics :(

It is not very nice to ask people who make a valid observation to stay in jungle! If you think the tennis courts or swimming pools in the Telok Kurau condos are adequate, then justify by sound reasoning instead of making silly remarks.

Adequate is subjective isn't it. What is adequate to you may not be so to others. There is therefore no necessity for people to make such remarks in the first place. Some ppl is happy for even a dip pool while others insist on a olympic size pool.

While some condo in TK may be lacking in those facilities mentioned, the estate on the whole make up in other factors. After all, the prices of a condo or apartment is not decided based solely on the facilities it has.

Unregistered123
06-06-08, 10:47
Argument point is, if you dislike staying in small developments with limited and exclusive facilities, and dun have the dough to buy luxury condos in prime districts, u r better off staying in HDB. Telok Kurau is a place for folks who like private quiet living environment, not for those who loves crowd and enjoy queuing.

I'm fine with that but what has 99 years got to do with your argument in the first place? We all know HDB is 99 years but so are a lot of new condos in the prime district.

Joker
06-06-08, 16:32
I'm fine with that but what has 99 years got to do with your argument in the first place? We all know HDB is 99 years but so are a lot of new condos in the prime district.

Reason why 99yrs is so that gov't can repossess the land for other use next time. So the longer u stay in a 99yrs devt, the more it depreciates and the less price u fetch back.

Unregistered1000
06-06-08, 17:10
Most of the facilities even in larger condos are underutilised. No need to queue. It's the convenience of having everything at your doorstep. There are also very quiet and inconvenient HDB, so I see no diff in staying in Telok Kurau and an inconvenient HDB, if inconvenience is what you're looking for. The only diff is the 99 years and FH. But you could always hv the best of both worlds - good facilities and good location, why settle for 2nd best? Good location is not necessary crowded! It's a silly remark.

Peace
06-06-08, 17:21
I think we r all mature adults...everyone has their own right to give positive or negative comments about certain project but pls do not criticise others by saying lame, silly etc...Don't u think it is abit too childish? Can't we put our comments or even 'arguements' in a nicer manner?

Joker
06-06-08, 17:36
I dun think the negative commentors here fall under the category of "matured adults". It could be due to the school holidays, tats y we see so many uncultured jokers here. ;-)

Unregistered123
07-06-08, 12:12
Reason why 99yrs is so that gov't can repossess the land for other use next time. So the longer u stay in a 99yrs devt, the more it depreciates and the less price u fetch back.

In general your statement is true but the important point is location. Explain the prices in Old HDB Estates like Marine Parade, Toa Payoh, Queenstown ... they're selling at good prices considering their age.

Unregistered000
08-06-08, 12:23
In general your statement is true but the important point is location. Explain the prices in Old HDB Estates like Marine Parade, Toa Payoh, Queenstown ... they're selling at good prices considering their age.

Another consideration is bank loan approval for old estate. It can be diffcult for potentail buyer to get their loan apporved for old leasehold estate.

09-06-08, 23:28
personally i think telok kurau is an area for those with families (cos of the schools) or who enjoy that type of quietness. ok for retirees too.
but i just dont feel any sense of warmth or liveliness in that area. the developments there are lack personality.

but if to buy for stay, by all means go ahead. find a box of good size and decorate the interiors to your liking. if to invest, then rethink. for investment wise, leasehold should not be viewed as inferior, compared to freehold. there're nicer projects worth your buck.. interested, do let me know

ER
10-06-08, 10:40
personally i think telok kurau is an area for those with families (cos of the schools) or who enjoy that type of quietness. ok for retirees too.
but i just dont feel any sense of warmth or liveliness in that area. the developments there are lack personality.

but if to buy for stay, by all means go ahead. find a box of good size and decorate the interiors to your liking. if to invest, then rethink. for investment wise, leasehold should not be viewed as inferior, compared to freehold. there're nicer projects worth your buck.. interested, do let me know

We don't welcome agents here....

Unregistered123
10-06-08, 10:52
Another consideration is bank loan approval for old estate. It can be diffcult for potentail buyer to get their loan apporved for old leasehold estate.

Again true but nowadays if your leasehold property is in a prime location, the chances of having it enbloc is much greater than a freehold property not in a prime location. And as we have seen last year, it was raking in top dollar and the developers were willing to top up the tenure back to 99 years.

At the end of the day, it's location first then tenure.

East Lover
11-06-08, 09:22
Again true but nowadays if your leasehold property is in a prime location, the chances of having it enbloc is much greater than a freehold property not in a prime location. And as we have seen last year, it was raking in top dollar and the developers were willing to top up the tenure back to 99 years.

At the end of the day, it's location first then tenure.

Although i agree with you generally, even if the developer is willing to top up the tenure (and all would logically), it is still subjected to the discretion of the authority.

I think it is more a balance sometime, depending on individual preference giving weight to one over the other, in view of the constraint and limtation. Given a choice, who does not want the best of both worlds....

Unregistered00000
11-06-08, 09:55
Agree. The shoebox developments lack character ancd facilities. In terms of good schools, the east side only have the 2nd tier schools like TKGS, Dunman, victoria - not top choice for most. The prestigious top tier affiliated schools are still in west Bukit Timah (Nanyang Pri, MGS, SCGS, RGPS, Hwa Chong etc.)or bishan (RI). So I don't see how anyone would choose the east because of the schools - which are 2nd rate at best.

jaded
11-06-08, 14:57
i just recently brought a unit at TK , so far i know the pros and cons of TK , there are the bad points of it and also good points of it. dun compare Tk with some other places.

like wat u have and wat u decided. good reviews are always free to spare , bad reviews sometimes may be too sarcastic , saying TK is a totally unhumane place to live in . Guys be more rational.

buy
11-06-08, 22:37
as long one like it, jusy buy it..

12-06-08, 08:42
Agree. The shoebox developments lack character ancd facilities. In terms of good schools, the east side only have the 2nd tier schools like TKGS, Dunman, victoria - not top choice for most. The prestigious top tier affiliated schools are still in west Bukit Timah (Nanyang Pri, MGS, SCGS, RGPS, Hwa Chong etc.)or bishan (RI). So I don't see how anyone would choose the east because of the schools - which are 2nd rate at best.

huh... there're really families that move closer to telok kurau/marine parade/east coast stretch to be near those u termed "2nd tier good schools" .. besides other appealing traits.

ER - do learn to be gracious... you dont want to scare Jaded who's eagerly planning your welcome party in his/her PH *P ... this is an open forum for anyone who is interested to share and seek info..

Tony Blair
12-06-08, 08:48
Everyone buys for their own reasons.Just like marrying.

ER
12-06-08, 09:07
huh... there're really families that move closer to telok kurau/marine parade/east coast stretch to be near those u termed "2nd tier good schools" .. besides other appealing traits.

ER - do learn to be gracious... you dont want to scare Jaded who's eagerly planning your welcome party in his/her PH *P ... this is an open forum for anyone who is interested to share and seek info..

Precisely, to share and seek info... not to condemn one area and recommend another area for own benefit.

To me, any area is fine so long as one personally placed value on the unit he bought in that location... different things mean differently to every individual anyway... which is why you have so many stalls in food court/hawker.

12-06-08, 10:25
Precisely, to share and seek info... not to condemn one area and recommend another area for own benefit.

To me, any area is fine so long as one personally placed value on the unit he bought in that location... different things mean differently to every individual anyway... which is why you have so many stalls in food court/hawker.

hi ER, i didnt condemn the area and in fact, had highlighted what types of profile telok kurau is better suited for given its neigbourhood personality ... and personally for me, being a kampong person, i perfer my neighbourhood to be more lively... we'll all professional and adult enough.. nobody, even agents would or should condemn any area unless it's really rotten. but everyone can voice their personal likes and dislikes, merits and demerits of an area

and there's a truly need to distinguish between buy to stay or invest cos the appeals of each condo project are different and given the different future potential customer base, investment buyers need to rate and buy projects based on its potential rate of investment returns and location plays a critical role here.

more importantly, personally i feel that all smart potential buyers should always hear as much negative feedback anyone can dig out, and evaluate and investigate, based on their own criteria whether such highlighted stuff matters to them or not as everyone has different tastes & yardsticks...

buyers should also try to understand their agents, their tastes and ways of thinking to ascertain how objective and professional their agents' inputs are, how much they should rely on their agents' recommendations or whether their agents are simply pandering to buyers' voiced wants so as to determine what roles (driver, secretary, friendly adviser, trusted adviser, professional adviser) they want their agents to play in their choice of a property. afterall, buyers and agents should work as a team.

my case is, as previously mentioned, if to buy for stay, by all means go ahead. find a box of good size and decorate the interiors to your liking; if to invest, then rethink location.

ER
12-06-08, 15:03
hi ER, i didnt condemn the area and in fact, had highlighted what types of profile telok kurau is better suited for given its neigbourhood personality ... and personally for me, being a kampong person, i perfer my neighbourhood to be more lively... we'll all professional and adult enough.. nobody, even agents would or should condemn any area unless it's really rotten. but everyone can voice their personal likes and dislikes, merits and demerits of an area

and there's a truly need to distinguish between buy to stay or invest cos the appeals of each condo project are different and given the different future potential customer base, investment buyers need to rate and buy projects based on its potential rate of investment returns and location plays a critical role here.

more importantly, personally i feel that all smart potential buyers should always hear as much negative feedback anyone can dig out, and evaluate and investigate, based on their own criteria whether such highlighted stuff matters to them or not as everyone has different tastes & yardsticks...

buyers should also try to understand their agents, their tastes and ways of thinking to ascertain how objective and professional their agents' inputs are, how much they should rely on their agents' recommendations or whether their agents are simply pandering to buyers' voiced wants so as to determine what roles (driver, secretary, friendly adviser, trusted adviser, professional adviser) they want their agents to play in their choice of a property. afterall, buyers and agents should work as a team.

my case is, as previously mentioned, if to buy for stay, by all means go ahead. find a box of good size and decorate the interiors to your liking; if to invest, then rethink location.

I hear different opinions from different agents, which is to be expected. But very kind and gracious of you to explain. I agree we are adults and should not resort to mud slinging.

But i still differs from your opinion. TK can also be good for investment for a different sectors of market.

Star Investor
12-06-08, 16:56
Hello fellow investors and home owners, I have been following the threads and find the comments very interesting.

It is human nature to demand and ask for the best things in life eg. freehold, big developments, near MRT, near town or even within town itself!!! But then, it comes to a key consideration factor, i.e. Price!!!

This is the reason why prime locations are charging 1300 to 3000 psf versus Telok Kurau 700 to 1000 psf.

For home stay, I guess there is nothing much to complain about TK as it is definitely nearer to town (just 5 to 10 mins drive via ECP or Nicoll Highway) as compared to other areas charging at similar price. There are good schools around, famous east coast beach, mrt stations, shopping complexes, library, eateries. It is exotic asian lifestyle to stay there where u can experience a good mix of conservation shophouses and modern infrastructures and even a small glimpse of the Geylang night life. ;-) And it is a class on its own to be populated with low rise private apartments and landed houses versus some neighbourhood areas where one gets immediate blockage or surrounded by public housing. When u tell someone u stay in Kovan / AMK / Toa Payoh / Balestier versus Telok Kurau, which is more prestigious?

Comparing it with the condos in prime districts is like comparing apples and oranges. Same dollar amount of investments, u live in a studio box in the prime district versus a 3 bedrm apt in Telok Kurau, the choice lies with the individual.

For investment, the rule of high risk = high returns always prevails. The upside and downside for properties located within the prime locations will be significantly more than Telok Kurau.

My 2 cents worth.

Thank you

ER
12-06-08, 17:26
Hello fellow investors and home owners, I have been following the threads and find the comments very interesting.

It is human nature to demand and ask for the best things in life eg. freehold, big developments, near MRT, near town or even within town itself!!! But then, it comes to a key consideration factor, i.e. Price!!!

This is the reason why prime locations are charging 1300 to 3000 psf versus Telok Kurau 700 to 1000 psf.

For home stay, I guess there is nothing much to complain about TK as it is definitely nearer to town (just 5 to 10 mins drive via ECP or Nicoll Highway) as compared to other areas charging at similar price. There are good schools around, famous east coast beach, mrt stations, shopping complexes, library, eateries. It is exotic asian lifestyle to stay there where u can experience a good mix of conservation shophouses and modern infrastructures and even a small glimpse of the Geylang night life. ;-) And it is a class on its own to be populated with low rise private apartments and landed houses versus some neighbourhood areas where one gets immediate blockage or surrounded by public housing. When u tell someone u stay in Kovan / AMK / Toa Payoh / Balestier versus Telok Kurau, which is more prestigious?

Comparing it with the condos in prime districts is like comparing apples and oranges. Same dollar amount of investments, u live in a studio box in the prime district versus a 3 bedrm apt in Telok Kurau, the choice lies with the individual.

For investment, the rule of high risk = high returns always prevails. The upside and downside for properties located within the prime locations will be significantly more than Telok Kurau.

My 2 cents worth.

Thank you

Agree with u.

TKT
13-06-08, 16:53
Agree with u.

Balanced comments, agree with you too!

Sniper
13-06-08, 18:35

My 2 cents worth.

Thank you

Well said, Thumbs up for u!!!

16-06-08, 00:31
Star Investor => exactly, nothing new esp for those familiar with the market.

but the question here is, let's neuralised as much factors as possible, with the same psf - maybe 800-1000psf, same budget, the differentiator probably a freehold vs a leasehold, which area(s) would bet on personally, esp for investment?

TK boy
16-06-08, 00:33

My 2 cents worth.

Thank you

You are right. Worth 2 cents.

16-06-08, 17:22
You are right. Worth 2 cents.

hahaha.. nice humour!

TKT
17-06-08, 12:27
hahaha.. nice humour!

2c long ceased to mean anything... nowadays in Spore, $200,000 can barely buy you 3r HDB in some ulu place!

Properties in Singapore ...

Inflation??? :mad:

Over-valued??? :banghead:

Or under-valued??? :p

buy
17-06-08, 22:11
everything will only increase

jaded
25-06-08, 17:17
everything will only increase

I dun wanna lose this tread..
keep informations coming in brothers.

TKT
25-06-08, 21:41
I dun wanna lose this tread..
keep informations coming in brothers.

Well, we're still looking aroundbut so far, not many fits our bill. Keep looking...

We love Telok Kurau though! Still think it's one of the best places in the East!

buy
25-06-08, 21:52
can take bus 15 which take one to marine parade or parkway easily

ER
26-06-08, 09:41
Well, we're still looking aroundbut so far, not many fits our bill. Keep looking...

We love Telok Kurau though! Still think it's one of the best places in the East!

Strongly agree with you TKT.

Star Investor
02-07-08, 17:00
Star Investor => exactly, nothing new esp for those familiar with the market.

but the question here is, let's neuralised as much factors as possible, with the same psf - maybe 800-1000psf, same budget, the differentiator probably a freehold vs a leasehold, which area(s) would bet on personally, esp for investment?

Hello bro, needless to say, TK is a good area. The only weakness I can think of is the lack of a cinema threatre. Otherwise, u can find almost everything within Marine Parade area.

TKT
14-07-08, 12:49
Hello bro, needless to say, TK is a good area. The only weakness I can think of is the lack of a cinema threatre. Otherwise, u can find almost everything within Marine Parade area.

Think the nearest cinema around TK area could be the one next to Marine Parade, though i've never been there before, just remember ever passed by, wonder if it still operational, haha... Hopefully Paya Lebar or somewhere near Kembangan area or even Siglap will have a nice big 15 screen cinema in the next 5-10yrs development plan! haha...

Meanwhile, we have a 42in HDTV home theatre system, it's good enough.

v2offer
14-07-08, 13:34
Hi Buyers,
Naturalis FH appt launching now... 43 exclusive units located at Telok Kurau Lor M... Along Still Rd.... Mins to Parkway, Tao Nan, eateries, library, etc....

Call Me 92718723 for viewing appt... Thanks....

Unregistered2
14-07-08, 15:35
Hi Buyers,
Naturalis FH appt launching now... 43 exclusive units located at Telok Kurau Lor M... Along Still Rd.... Mins to Parkway, Tao Nan, eateries, library, etc....

Call Me 92718723 for viewing appt... Thanks....
any details?

ER
14-07-08, 16:43
any details?

saw this over the weekend. Opposite Maya.. unit is small as compared to Amery but the prices is lower compared to Amery too....

Small Project but the design is pretty good... BUT for the same price, i think i prefer Beacon Heights, at St Michael, to Naturalis (both are freehold). Beacon is nearer to the city

Unregistered2
14-07-08, 16:49
saw this over the weekend. Opposite Maya.. unit is small as compared to Amery but the prices is lower compared to Amery too....

Small Project but the design is pretty good... BUT for the same price, i think i prefer Beacon Heights, at St Michael, to Naturalis (both are freehold). Beacon is nearer to the city
Beacon Heights is not freehold, 999-leasehold.

Hmm
14-07-08, 17:57

St Michael - that location is quite boring imho, and it may take you just 15 mins getting stucked by the heavy traffic to get in or out to the main road...hehe

wannabe
14-07-08, 22:14

Maya is totally nonsense.
Hope Naturalis is much better, if not waste time to go showflats.

Sama sama
14-07-08, 22:19
The Telok Kurau apartments all the same template - small developers with small pockets will not spend money on architecture or good quality finishing and the first to offer agents the highest commission. They would rather spend on commission to sell the flats as quickly as possible. Don't waste your time with the showflat. It's a wannabe place who cannot afford better furnishings.

wannabe
14-07-08, 22:24
The Telok Kurau apartments all the same template - small developers with small pockets will not spend money on architecture or good quality finishing and the first to offer agents the highest commission. They would rather spend on commission to sell the flats as quickly as possible. Don't waste your time with the showflat. It's a wannabe place who cannot afford better furnishings.

I agree with you on the furnishing and the landscaping, but i like it for its location, and its exclusiveness.
I hate the roads though.
Impt point for me are that TK condos are all FH.
TK has its good and bad points.

v2offer
15-07-08, 02:42

Call me @ 92718723 for viewing appt at Naturalis.... Thanks.....

v2offer
15-07-08, 02:43

Beacon Heights 1st phrase 80% sold... Just sold a penthouse there... If you wish to view the showflt, give me a call @ 92718723 on Sat... I got duty there.... Thanks...

Unregistered999
24-07-08, 00:34
Telok Kurau sounds nice being in d15, but it is actually a slump of cheapo developments. most are apartment status with swimming pools hardly enough for even 10 people to fit in, not to talk about swimming. even with the lack of facilities, residents have to pay high maintenance fees. i won't even bother buying any property in telok kurau and you should make ur money's worth buying a proper condominium with some decent facilities. If the development does not even give u enough room for a nice after dinner stroll within its compound, it is simply too small to buy. the pool must also be big enough for some exercise, at least 30m long is ideal...

Cheapo
26-07-08, 22:28
Telok Kurau sounds nice being in d15, but it is actually a slump of cheapo developments. most are apartment status with swimming pools hardly enough for even 10 people to fit in, not to talk about swimming. even with the lack of facilities, residents have to pay high maintenance fees. i won't even bother buying any property in telok kurau and you should make ur money's worth buying a proper condominium with some decent facilities. If the development does not even give u enough room for a nice after dinner stroll within its compound, it is simply too small to buy. the pool must also be big enough for some exercise, at least 30m long is ideal...

You king kong izit? 30m......

Don't slam others when you are a cheapo yrself.... so you bought a condo at Bukit Timah??? or Orchard Rd

BP
27-07-08, 08:24
You king kong izit? 30m......

Don't slam others when you are a cheapo yrself.... so you bought a condo at Bukit Timah??? or Orchard Rd

TK apartments are usually low rise due to the high restriction around the region. It can be rather warm and not much view even if staying on the top most floor (e.g. penthhouse). Turn on air-conditioner and electrical bill go higher. Better to stay in a three-storey landed property and swim in the country club otherwise. Otherwise should stay in highrise apartment with view and cooler (electrical bill can reduce and save the environment!)

Shell
28-07-08, 09:32
TK apartments are usually low rise due to the high restriction around the region. It can be rather warm and not much view even if staying on the top most floor (e.g. penthhouse). Turn on air-conditioner and electrical bill go higher. Better to stay in a three-storey landed property and swim in the country club otherwise. Otherwise should stay in highrise apartment with view and cooler (electrical bill can reduce and save the environment!)

Not true.. i am currently staying at TK. It is quite windy from the seaside. It is due to the fact that all houses there are low rise... so please don't post untrue statement unless you yrself have stayed there before.

BP
28-07-08, 11:15
Not true.. i am currently staying at TK. It is quite windy from the seaside. It is due to the fact that all houses there are low rise... so please don't post untrue statement unless you yrself have stayed there before.

I am staying there too but not that windy. As wind is usually from North-easterly or South-Westerly depending on the time of the year. Orientation of the house is an important consideration. Seaside is quite a distant from TK? How many km?

Unregisteredtksucks
28-07-08, 12:06
my personal view is that if u want to stay in the east coast area, must be able to enjoy seabreeze n sea view. The height restrictn is a bummer and the entire place looks congested. Even property agents told me nt worth buying. Gd luck to those who already live there
I am staying there too but not that windy. As wind is usually from North-easterly or South-Westerly depending on the time of the year. Orientation of the house is an important consideration. Seaside is quite a distant from TK? How many km?

Unregisteredlovetk
29-07-08, 09:24
my personal view is that if u want to stay in the east coast area, must be able to enjoy seabreeze n sea view. The height restrictn is a bummer and the entire place looks congested. Even property agents told me nt worth buying. Gd luck to those who already live there

Perhaps suggest a place that can rival TK in terms of location and price. It's easy to be an armchair critic.

Anyway for you to believe the estate agent shows the type of IQ you have. Good luck to you too.

toaler
29-07-08, 10:09
Perhaps suggest a place that can rival TK in terms of location and price. It's easy to be an armchair critic.

Anyway for you to believe the estate agent shows the type of IQ you have. Good luck to you too.

hmmm can i suggest Lorong Marzuki/Melayu/Mydin area in Kembangan that can maybe match TK?

Nearer to PIE/MRT and selling for lower psf

Unregistered678
29-07-08, 11:00
hmmm can i suggest Lorong Marzuki/Melayu/Mydin area in Kembangan that can maybe match TK?

Nearer to PIE/MRT and selling for lower psf

Yes but that area is near some HDB flats

Sea breeze
29-07-08, 14:04
Sea breeze at Telok Kurau in those cramped conditions and so far from the beach????????? Nice try, but bordering on desperate.

question
29-07-08, 14:06
will there be any future mrt stations in or near to telok kurau? what's the nearest mrt station and how far?

windy
29-07-08, 14:59

seabreaze? haha .. that's because someone near you farted ...

IQ critic
29-07-08, 15:00

... at least their IQ is a bit higher than yours since you actually love the area and probably bought a place thinking it'll make you richer ... haha

passer-by
29-07-08, 15:08
... at least their IQ is a bit higher than yours since you actually love the area and probably bought a place thinking it'll make you richer ... haha
if you love the place, isn't that the most important thing?

Critic
29-07-08, 17:42

ppl like you really lack the maturity and teh IQ to partake in this forum... pls go back to your pre-schooler forum... or lower even

Critic
29-07-08, 17:47
if you love the place, isn't that the most important thing?

Agreed. But some people just like to slam (when probably they can't afford TK anyway) others' preferences...

knowalittle
29-07-08, 17:51
Hi,

The way this thread or even forum is heading, it is just going no where.

There are simply too many inconsequent, subjective and damaging remarks to this thread. Those who put in fair and objective remarks are attacked ever so viciously.

What meant to be a thread discussing about the potential of TK, both as a home or for investment, has now become a thread full of personal attacks and insults.

Haiz....is this necessary? It is perfectly fine for individual remarks, but please....this is cyber space.....anyone can view these threads.....exercise some restraints and observe some respect for others and yourself!

This shall be my last 2 cents worth.....logging out for good.

Lastly, don't bother shooting me....ok.

+ and -
29-07-08, 18:08
Come on. There will be both positive views and negative views, and those people who resort to personal attacks when they cannot accept negative views from others and start getting defensive. That's life and typical of Singapore education system. They only want to hear the good things and ignore the bad.

Hi,

There are simply too many inconsequent, subjective and damaging remarks to this thread. Those who put in fair and objective remarks are attacked ever so viciously.

What meant to be a thread discussing about the potential of TK, both as a home or for investment, has now become a thread full of personal attacks and insults.

Haiz....is this necessary? It is perfectly fine for individual remarks, but please....this is cyber space.....anyone can view these threads.....exercise some restraints and observe some respect for others and yourself!

Outrageous
29-07-08, 18:11
And also immoral agents or property owners who will talk up every property under their care. Some comments are ridiculous like enjoying sea view or sea breeze at Telok Kurau. You should be grateful that there are kind and knowledgeable souls out there to refute these outrageous claims.

Hi,

ER
30-07-08, 10:08
And also immoral agents or property owners who will talk up every property under their care. Some comments are ridiculous like enjoying sea view or sea breeze at Telok Kurau. You should be grateful that there are kind and knowledgeable souls out there to refute these outrageous claims.

i am too outrageous at the squabble (sometime punching below the belts) in this thread.

to be fair, there is some wind in TK lah... i was at TK's park and the siglap connector and there was some wind so not fair to say the the comments ridiculous, but maybe not as windy as one would envisage at the East Coast...

Anyway, there is still some fair comments posted here from time to time so i will come back to visit this thread.. but i hope to see more objective comments...

cheers guys

jaded
30-07-08, 10:44
Anyway guys , i wish to see the view living in a penth house at telok kurau . Any one have any idea which web has the photos of view on the top floor on telok kurau ? Thanks . Greatly appreciated .

TKT
30-07-08, 17:29
I am someone who has stayed in at least 8-10 places all over Singapore about 15years ago when i was still renting hdbs and apartments after uni. So i can say that i've actually stayed in the west (clementi, jurong east), east (east coast, bedok, pasir ris), central (amk, bishan), north (yishun, yck)... maybe 1-2 more places, cant quite remember now, so long ago.

What sticks to my mind, even after all these years, is that the best and i really mean -the best place- to live, is in the east, stretching from katong, east coast, telok kurau, siglap till upper east coast (try not go past Eastern Lagoon II).

So guys, if you're in the east and lucky enough to be living in Telok Kurau right now (since this is a Telok Kurau thread), you can forget about the rest of the sniping comments, its really among the best places to live on this small island.

I cant be bothered to elaborate the reasons why the east is a great place... go find out for yourselves, open your eyes. You wont ever regret setting your home here!

Of cos vested and IMHO.

Try harder
30-07-08, 21:11
Everyone koyok seller will say their house is the best lah. My house at Telok Kurau is the BEST and should fetch the highest PSF because I stay here!!!!!!!! How convincing.

I am someone who has stayed in at least 8-10 places all over Singapore about 15years ago when i was still renting hdbs and apartments after uni. So i can say that i've actually stayed in the west (clementi, jurong east), east (east coast, bedok, pasir ris), central (amk, bishan), north (yishun, yck)... maybe 1-2 more places, cant quite remember now, so long ago.

What sticks to my mind, even after all these years, is that the best and i really mean -the best place- to live, is in the east, stretching from katong, east coast, telok kurau, siglap till upper east coast (try not go past Eastern Lagoon II).

So guys, if you're in the east and lucky enough to be living in Telok Kurau right now (since this is a Telok Kurau thread), you can forget about the rest of the sniping comments, its really among the best places to live on this small island.

I cant be bothered to elaborate the reasons why the east is a great place... go find out for yourselves, open your eyes. You wont ever regret setting your home here!

Of cos vested and IMHO.

Tried very hard
31-07-08, 12:36
Everyone koyok seller will say their house is the best lah. My house at Telok Kurau is the BEST and should fetch the highest PSF because I stay here!!!!!!!! How convincing.

I am convinced... i am vested and IMHO too.

Sorry, but i have looked at many launches since last years with my wife... abt 50 to be precise (i still have these brochures) and am still convinced TK's the best and given the price now.... has the best potential for growth.... the rest i think has reached their peaks and will levelled out, if not, come down....

reg
31-07-08, 13:47

Sorry, but i have looked at many launches since last years with my wife... abt 50 to be precise (i still have these brochures) and am still convinced TK's the best and given the price now.... has the best potential for growth.... the rest i think has reached their peaks and will levelled out, if not, come down....

Now this is really an informed and rational conclusion, with absolutely watertight logic behind it.

According to you, residential prices all over Singapore have reached their peak, and will level off or decline. But prices in Telok Kurau still has great growth potential, and will likely increase. And the most compelling reason and supporting evidence for that is ..... OMG, wait for it.... because YOU like the area and are vested there???

Whoa, how can anyone not be convinced by your reasoning? We'd better all go grab a unit there right away!

TKT
31-07-08, 14:13

I dont live in TK la... but we are looking for a place there, to invest. We do live in the east though (and we love it there!) but not TK. However, since this is a TK thread, of cos must support la...

If you're not convinced, so be it lor, nobody ask you to look here...

Of cos Singapore sooooo big, am sure you'll find something somewhere to fulfill your needs and desires.

For us, its simple, we already arrived and not leaving. Stay EAST! (and that includes TK)...

tried very hard
31-07-08, 17:47
Now this is really an informed and rational conclusion, with absolutely watertight logic behind it.

According to you, residential prices all over Singapore have reached their peak, and will level off or decline. But prices in Telok Kurau still has great growth potential, and will likely increase. And the most compelling reason and supporting evidence for that is ..... OMG, wait for it.... because YOU like the area and are vested there???

Whoa, how can anyone not be convinced by your reasoning? We'd better all go grab a unit there right away!

I said many launches, i did not said all launches. You presume it. But it's okie, whatever i say, you will look up and laugh anyway. Go ahead and laugh... a rational logical homo sapiens like yourself.

Don't try anymore
31-07-08, 21:01
The schools there don't teach critical thinking skills issit? You have NOT provided a single reason for your rather bizarre conclusion that property everywhere else is coming down EXCEPT Telok Kurau, other from the fact there you stay there. GDP per capita highest in Telok Kurau, best architecture? best finishing? superb views of nature reserves or sea? best quality air, best landscape? best facilities? best public transport? masterplan plot ratio adjustment? Just giving you some possible answers. Or oops, none of the above? I'm afraid so.

passer-by
01-08-08, 08:35
The schools there don't teach critical thinking skills issit? You have NOT provided a single reason for your rather bizarre conclusion that property everywhere else is coming down EXCEPT Telok Kurau, other from the fact there you stay there. GDP per capita highest in Telok Kurau, best architecture? best finishing? superb views of nature reserves or sea? best quality air, best landscape? best facilities? best public transport? masterplan plot ratio adjustment? Just giving you some possible answers. Or oops, none of the above? I'm afraid so.
when he said growth potential he is saying that TK apartments are lowly-priced, so there is room to grow unlike other places which are already highly priced.

TKT
01-08-08, 10:12
when he said growth potential he is saying that TK apartments are lowly-priced, so there is room to grow unlike other places which are already highly priced.

On this point, i have to disagree a bit. I think the prices in TK has gone up quite a fair bit (or rather, in line with the rest of Spore). I think before 2006, prices were around +500psf but these days for new projects, they are asking +850psf, hardly low priced anymore. I'm not sure what is the subsale levels there but it cant be much lower.

Btw, TK is quite a sprawling area, so location-wise it can vary a fair bit. For me, we're only looking at those apartments near to the siglap park connector and not too far from Kembangan MRT (maybe 6-7 lorongs). The rest, for investment purposes, may be less attractive.

Its just not easy to find a "cheap" and good place there, if you come across one, please PM me.

Stoop
01-08-08, 10:47
On this point, i have to disagree a bit. I think the prices in TK has gone up quite a fair bit (or rather, in line with the rest of Spore). I think before 2006, prices were around +500psf but these days for new projects, they are asking +850psf, hardly low priced anymore. I'm not sure what is the subsale levels there but it cant be much lower.

Btw, TK is quite a sprawling area, so location-wise it can vary a fair bit. For me, we're only looking at those apartments near to the siglap park connector and not too far from Kembangan MRT (maybe 6-7 lorongs). The rest, for investment purposes, may be less attractive.

Its just not easy to find a "cheap" and good place there, if you come across one, please PM me.

He may have meant that yes, prices went up relative to Singapore, but still lower compared to certain areas.... like $950 to $1,000 for a 99 leashold condo at kovan....OMG!!!

TKT
01-08-08, 14:39
He may have meant that yes, prices went up relative to Singapore, but still lower compared to certain areas.... like $950 to $1,000 for a 99 leashold condo at kovan....OMG!!!

Huh? Kovan 99LH at +950psf... sure or not? really OMG then...!

Then certainly TK is undervalued at current 850-950psf for Freehold!
Hmmm... anyway....

Stoop
01-08-08, 15:41
Huh? Kovan 99LH at +950psf... sure or not? really OMG then...!

Then certainly TK is undervalued at current 850-950psf for Freehold!
Hmmm... anyway....

Check out Kovan Residences... The first weekend i went, the agent had the cheek to quote me $950 psf for a low floor unit neat gate to the MRT...

i heard since the prices came down....

TKT
01-08-08, 16:18
Check out Kovan Residences... The first weekend i went, the agent had the cheek to quote me $950 psf for a low floor unit neat gate to the MRT...

i heard since the prices came down....

Kovan area was not in my watchlist so ignored it until you highlighted this... went to read thru the thread there, pretty amazing stuff. I suppose the finishing and touches must be "superior" than apartments in TK to "justify" the average 870psf tag (ST report) for a 99LH in some really worst traffic congested parts of Spore.

I for one, wouldn't plonk down 1.2m for a 3BR 99LH, that's for sure... even if they have the best nasi lemak around there! :tongue3:

East 15 & 16 still the best la... :ashamed1:

Stoop
01-08-08, 16:33
Kovan area was not in my watchlist so ignored it until you highlighted this... went to read thru the thread there, pretty amazing stuff. I suppose the finishing and touches must be "superior" than apartments in TK to "justify" the average 870psf tag (ST report) for a 99LH in some really worst traffic congested parts of Spore.

I for one, wouldn't plonk down 1.2m for a 3BR 99LH, that's for sure... even if they have the best nasi lemak around there! :tongue3:

I was there at the showflats... don't count on it.. the finishing wasn't really that superior! The only advantage is its close privity to the mrt... the planter boxes are huge as well....

Lifestyle
03-08-08, 16:03
I don't think there is a need to keep highlighting that your district is "superior" - a district is just a number. I'm not buying Kovan but i believe the buyers do so for good reason, the MRT proximity, nice tennis courts and can have social tennis gatherings, good finishings, large pools, lush tropical landscape, large playgrounds. People may like the lifestyle it can offer. Not everyone is hard up over districts classication - some are obviously. There is no need to prove anything to anyone. If you like the place and the lifestyle it offers at whatever price, then go for it.

critic
03-08-08, 20:36
go 4 beacon heights, just a suggestn, pls dnt bombard me 4 making a gd suggestn
I don't think there is a need to keep highlighting that your district is "superior" - a district is just a number. I'm not buying Kovan but i believe the buyers do so for good reason, the MRT proximity, nice tennis courts and can have social tennis gatherings, good finishings, large pools, lush tropical landscape, large playgrounds. People may like the lifestyle it can offer. Not everyone is hard up over districts classication - some are obviously. There is no need to prove anything to anyone. If you like the place and the lifestyle it offers at whatever price, then go for it.

Kill the koyok sellers
03-08-08, 22:39
Bloody koyok sellers. Telok Kurau is not even Katong... for crying out loud :doh:

Blur
04-08-08, 10:31
Bloody koyok sellers. Telok Kurau is not even Katong... for crying out loud :doh:

Who has the audacity to link TK to Katong?? Katong should be linked to Joo Chiat lah…

Chicken King
04-08-08, 12:04
The Chicken King has surveyed Telok Kurau and found it to be suitable to locate some of his chickens on the streets all over the area. The low rise housing around the area makes it conducive for expats to take a peek out of their low balconies in search of chicken prowling the streets at night. The special code to shout out in any of the Lorongs is "Chicken Tonight!Chicken Tonight!" A chicken will show up just downstairs in front of apartment and you decide whether you want her or not. If you r looking for a China Chicken, just tell her you want "Chinese Takeaway" and she will arrange for her boss to summon one right away. With so many lorongs there, it is also easy for Chickens to run away from men in blue. Expats who want to have a romantic monent before bonking the chicken can take a stroll on east coast beach before returning to their upmkt TK home for a bonking session.

TK has the making of another red light district in Singapore, moreso with expats living there...

Who has the audacity to link TK to Katong?? Katong should be linked to Joo Chiat lah…

jaded
04-08-08, 12:37
The Chicken King has surveyed Telok Kurau and found it to be suitable to locate some of his chickens on the streets all over the area. The low rise housing around the area makes it conducive for expats to take a peek out of their low balconies in search of chicken prowling the streets at night. The special code to shout out in any of the Lorongs is "Chicken Tonight!Chicken Tonight!" A chicken will show up just downstairs in front of apartment and you decide whether you want her or not. If you r looking for a China Chicken, just tell her you want "Chinese Takeaway" and she will arrange for her boss to summon one right away. With so many lorongs there, it is also easy for Chickens to run away from men in blue. Expats who want to have a romantic monent before bonking the chicken can take a stroll on east coast beach before returning to their upmkt TK home for a bonking session.

TK has the making of another red light district in Singapore, moreso with expats living there...

u are definitely talking rubbish . Makes no sense at all ..
Go ahead and tink Telok Kurau is a chicken paradise in the making ,
mayb when ur great grand children grows up , no chicken is still found . wat the hell . . hahaha. .
Please input things that are relevant .

nut
04-08-08, 16:47

you got sick of attacking geylang, dakota and beacon with your china mei mei and decided to invade TK?

TK Lover
04-08-08, 17:09
you got sick of attacking geylang, dakota and beacon with your china mei mei and decided to invade TK?

Yeah... back off Chicken King...

Penthse Lover
04-08-08, 17:21
Anyway guys , i wish to see the view living in a penth house at telok kurau . Any one have any idea which web has the photos of view on the top floor on telok kurau ? Thanks . Greatly appreciated .

Hi, I bgt a penthse in Katong. And I have seen the view from various TOPed penthse units around, and I must say the view is magnificent (unless u r immediately blocked by another adjourning unit) if you are looking towards the west. (East side nothing much to view though). If look towards the east, may be able to catch the fire works during National Days. Cheers!

jaded
04-08-08, 17:26
Hi, I bgt a penthse in Katong. And I have seen the view from various TOPed penthse units around, and I must say the view is magnificent (unless u r immediately blocked by another adjourning unit) if you are looking towards the west. (East side nothing much to view though). If look towards the east, may be able to catch the fire works during National Days. Cheers!

bro , i also brought a penthhouse at lor k . i wonder how it will be looked like after toped. i really wish to get a glimpse of how it looked like on the penth house . any links ?

Penthse
04-08-08, 17:43
bro , i also brought a penthhouse at lor k . i wonder how it will be looked like after toped. i really wish to get a glimpse of how it looked like on the penth house . any links ?

U may want to take a look at those existing units who are selling their penthouses. I have seen pictures of Malvern Springs on the internet.

When is your unit going to TOP? Mine in another 1.5 yrs time. And I plan to build in a jacuzzi and enjoy alfresco outdoor dinning by the roof top. Yummy!

jaded
04-08-08, 17:45
U may want to take a look at those existing units who are selling their penthouses. I have seen pictures of Malvern Springs on the internet.

When is your unit going to TOP? Mine in another 1.5 yrs time. And I plan to build in a jacuzzi and enjoy alfresco outdoor dinning by the roof top. Yummy!

mine also another 1.5 yrs time . bro , how big is your roof terraces ? your open space ? can have so mani spaces meh ? jacuzzi , maintainence veri high leh . Any idea how much it cost?

Unregistered1
04-08-08, 20:19
No offence, but I do know of some Telok Kurau houses are rented out to large group of Chinese ladies, i.e. many ROC ladies sharing a unit. I'm not sure if theyr'e chickens or not though.

u are definitely talking rubbish . Makes no sense at all ..
Go ahead and tink Telok Kurau is a chicken paradise in the making ,
mayb when ur great grand children grows up , no chicken is still found . wat the hell . . hahaha. .
Please input things that are relevant .

jaded
05-08-08, 09:19
No offence, but I do know of some Telok Kurau houses are rented out to large group of Chinese ladies, i.e. many ROC ladies sharing a unit. I'm not sure if theyr'e chickens or not though.

Bro , dun view ppl from onli the surface , If you judge every ROC girls are *** , its totally unfair to them , if the rest of the world classify us as terrorist just because we have Mas Selamat , is it fair ?

Imagine we go on a holiday and we tell ppl we are from singapore and ppl will look at u in a kind of manner . Nobody likes it ma . Rite ?

Bro , i am onli trying to explain , not pickin a fight . Mayb this gals studying in singapore , mayb work in a office ? who knows. ?

ER
05-08-08, 10:15
Bro , dun view ppl from onli the surface , If you judge every ROC girls are *** , its totally unfair to them , if the rest of the world classify us as terrorist just because we have Mas Selamat , is it fair ?

Imagine we go on a holiday and we tell ppl we are from singapore and ppl will look at u in a kind of manner . Nobody likes it ma . Rite ?

Bro , i am onli trying to explain , not pickin a fight . Mayb this gals studying in singapore , mayb work in a office ? who knows. ?

i agree, there are so many girls from China earning a decent living in Singapore. Totally unfair to classify all from a few....

CHICKEN KING
05-08-08, 12:54
YEAH, you are my bro. someone finally suspects there are chinese chickens in telok kurau so i am not alone in this. BTW chicken king says there is nothing wrong with chickens running around in telok kurau as chickens only tread in places that has an air of love and romance, so it is a compliment to telok kurau. the low-rise buildings is conducive for short-term chicken coop for copulating. a chicken hunter only needs to walk up a few flight of steps to get into his chicken coop as compared to taking a lift 20 to 30 floors high for some highrise condos. heard from the grapevine that some people in the chicken business are planning to expand their territory from joo chiat to TK, which is an excellent idea. i long to see the entire east being transformed into a chicken paradise......CHICKEN TONIGHT!!!CHICKEN TONIGHT!!!

CHICKEN KING
05-08-08, 12:58
R U TRYING TO INSULT CHINA CHICKENS? CHICKENS CAN OSO EARN DECENT LIVING RIGHT? DO U SEE CHICKENS PECKING PEOPLE ON THE STREETS? OF COURSE NOT. WITH THE INCREASE IN CHICKEN HUNTERS, IT IS ONLY NATURAL FOR CHICKEN POPULATION TO INCREASE.

i agree, there are so many girls from China earning a decent living in Singapore. Totally unfair to classify all from a few....

ER
05-08-08, 14:11
R U TRYING TO INSULT CHINA CHICKENS? CHICKENS CAN OSO EARN DECENT LIVING RIGHT? DO U SEE CHICKENS PECKING PEOPLE ON THE STREETS? OF COURSE NOT. WITH THE INCREASE IN CHICKEN HUNTERS, IT IS ONLY NATURAL FOR CHICKEN POPULATION TO INCREASE.

It of course depend what kinf of chickens you are referring to.. those which ended up on my chicken rice plate are of course decent lah.....

Penthse Luver
05-08-08, 16:45
mine also another 1.5 yrs time . bro , how big is your roof terraces ? your open space ? can have so mani spaces meh ? jacuzzi , maintainence veri high leh . Any idea how much it cost?

Hi, r u bro or sis? Jacuzzi maint is not high....it can cost anything from $3K to $10K each depending on the size. My roof terrace is quite big cos I like private outdoor spaces...abt 600 sq ft...thinking of putting a pool table in too...hee

bS
05-08-08, 16:52
Hi, r u bro or sis? Jacuzzi maint is not high....it can cost anything from $3K to $10K each depending on the size. My roof terrace is quite big cos I like private outdoor spaces...abt 600 sq ft...thinking of putting a pool table in too...hee

Big outdoor space will be a problem if you trying to sell next time. Only ang moh like this kind of space, which is deemed "wasted space" by locals. And if prices drop, ang mohs will not even look at Telok Kurau. They will go for D9,10,11 condos which by that time will be only $1000psf to $2000 psf. At that time, for Telok Kurau to be attractive enough to buy, you must sell at $500 psf. And that is NOT including your big outdoor space.

So, already 2 strikes against you:

1) big outdoor space (niche market)
2) crap location (the ang moh market will rather buy D9,10,11 when the property prices drop, why would they look at TK??? Not as if they cannot afford D9,10,11)

jaded
05-08-08, 17:12
Big outdoor space will be a problem if you trying to sell next time. Only ang moh like this kind of space, which is deemed "wasted space" by locals. And if prices drop, ang mohs will not even look at Telok Kurau. They will go for D9,10,11 condos which by that time will be only $1000psf to $2000 psf. At that time, for Telok Kurau to be attractive enough to buy, you must sell at $500 psf. And that is NOT including your big outdoor space.

2) crap location (the ang moh market will rather buy D9,10,11 when the property prices drop, why would they look at TK??? Not as if they cannot afford D9,10,11)

COme on lar bro , u sounded as if all ang moh can afford D9 , D10 , D11 , district .

From my point of view , Some ppl buy TK because they like the quietness there . TK although the road is crampy but , in the night , its realli serene , realli nice to chill out on the pool side and enjoy the stars and relax after a days stress .

If i wanna be harsh on u , i would tell u this , my father is so rich that he dun wan mi to stay at D9 , 10 , 11 , too far away for him , he is staying at TK thus he wants mi to stay near him , he is willing to pay 2000 psf for a penth house unit . Does it matter . We are rich .. Nv look down on Us , SINGAPOREANS ..

DOesnt mean that ppl buy house and they gonna sell it to expats in singapore . SO dun be so sceptical lar . If u arent a singaporean then i got nothing to say , if u are , COME ON!!! SUpport our own groups .!!! DUn always make singaporeans sound lousy .

Not trying to pick a fight here , hope u understand , if in anyway i provoked u , i am sorry .

THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT
05-08-08, 17:20
Your father is rich so he stays at Telok Kurau?

Who are you trying to kid.

Come on! At least Meyer Rd lah!

D15 trying to pretend it is D9,10,11. Hah!

Before the property boom, do you know that Telok Kurau really bo lang ai.

It is only because D9,10,11 too expensive that's why people no choice have to buy Telok Kurau.

This means that if prices drop and D9, 10, 11 become affordable again, Telok Kurau will return to its bo lang ai status again!

COme on lar bro , u sounded as if all ang moh can afford D9 , D10 , D11 , district .

From my point of view , Some ppl buy TK because they like the quietness there . TK although the road is crampy but , in the night , its realli serene , realli nice to chill out on the pool side and enjoy the stars and relax after a days stress .

If i wanna be harsh on u , i would tell u this , my father is so rich that he dun wan mi to stay at D9 , 10 , 11 , too far away for him , he is staying at TK thus he wants mi to stay near him , he is willing to pay 2000 psf for a penth house unit . Does it matter . We are rich .. Nv look down on Us , SINGAPOREANS ..

DOesnt mean that ppl buy house and they gonna sell it to expats in singapore . SO dun be so sceptical lar . If u arent a singaporean then i got nothing to say , if u are , COME ON!!! SUpport our own groups .!!! DUn always make singaporeans sound lousy .

Not trying to pick a fight here , hope u understand , if in anyway i provoked u , i am sorry .

Penthse Luver
05-08-08, 17:22

Well, from your statement, I can sense the immaturity and short-sightedness in u. Do u really think Ang Mohs are so stupid to pay $2-$3M to stay in prime districts where they only pay less than 1/2 the price to stay in TK which is only 10 mins drive away? With the money saved, they can buy a Lambo or Ferarri versus taking MRT / Buses to get from pt to pt.

U can try ur luck but no seller is going to entertain u buying a penthse without counting in the private outdoor space. And a spacious outdoor space is far more useful than separated small balconies and planters.

Anyway, I luv to be on top and I luv big outdoor spaces, I can soak in my jacuzzi, have a glass of champagne, smoke my cigar and do star glazing at night or play pool / bbq with my own private space. This is quality life tat I like to spend my hard earned money on.

Maybe u need to calculate and weigh the pros and cons for every single dollar u spent, but I splurge on things I like cos money cannot buy back time for me to enjoy quality life.

Relax and enjoy.

Penthse Luver
05-08-08, 17:34
Your father is rich so he stays at Telok Kurau?

Who are you trying to kid.

Come on! At least Meyer Rd lah!

D15 trying to pretend it is D9,10,11. Hah!

Before the property boom, do you know that Telok Kurau really bo lang ai.

It is only because D9,10,11 too expensive that's why people no choice have to buy Telok Kurau.

This means that if prices drop and D9, 10, 11 become affordable again, Telok Kurau will return to its bo lang ai status again!

Well, I am starting to see Ang Mohs in HDB estates. I have an Ang Moh colleague who ears $30K a month and he is ever complaining abt the high rental he has to pay in Tanjong Rhu. He ended up moving over to Bukit Timah. There are not so many rich Ang Mohs that u know of. Most of those who bgt units in prime areas are the REITs.

Unregistered111
05-08-08, 21:59
So your father paid for your unit. What a show-off :) Anyway, why would anyone be prepared to pay 2000psf for a place in Telok Kurau? No offence, but it is indeed overpriced with no views, no facilities, poor finishings, cramped environment etc. Singapore is so small, it doesn't hurt to look further out than be so fixated on being a daddy's boy and living so near daddy. But like you say, your family is so rich and got money to throw around. Anyway, lucky chap!

jaded
06-08-08, 09:09
So your father paid for your unit. What a show-off :) Anyway, why would anyone be prepared to pay 2000psf for a place in Telok Kurau? No offence, but it is indeed overpriced with no views, no facilities, poor finishings, cramped environment etc. Singapore is so small, it doesn't hurt to look further out than be so fixated on being a daddy's boy and living so near daddy. But like you say, your family is so rich and got money to throw around. Anyway, lucky chap!

Acutally i was trying to quote a example . Not refering to mi though. JUst wanna point out to that guy that actually there are also rich guys who are SINGAPOREANs , who love "mayb" their childhood days in TK or mayb other Places . Thats why dun always point to ang moh , ONli them can afford . Which is unfair to Us.

Sour Grapes
07-08-08, 14:24
Acutally i was trying to quote a example . Not refering to mi though. JUst wanna point out to that guy that actually there are also rich guys who are SINGAPOREANs , who love "mayb" their childhood days in TK or mayb other Places . Thats why dun always point to ang moh , ONli them can afford . Which is unfair to Us.

Hi Jaded, there are a lot of sour grapes in this forum. They are all NATO (No Action Talk Only). They like to talk big about buying units in prime districts, staying in big development condos with big pool (which in other words, not much different from a mini HDB estate).

U dun need to explain to them abt your choice and try be nice. Afterall, it is ur money, not theirs, but i doubt some of them even have the bucks to buy a HDB flat.

Love TK
07-08-08, 16:53
Hi Jaded, there are a lot of sour grapes in this forum. They are all NATO (No Action Talk Only). They like to talk big about buying units in prime districts, staying in big development condos with big pool (which in other words, not much different from a mini HDB estate).

U dun need to explain to them abt your choice and try be nice. Afterall, it is ur money, not theirs, but i doubt some of them even have the bucks to buy a HDB flat.

I agree, why bother to defend TK... Res ipsa loquitur!

Those who poured scorn may not even step into TK to be privity to the estate and its surronding yet make comments as if they lived there for the longest time.

Sports
07-08-08, 20:57
Isn't Telok Kurau with NO facilities and so tightly cramped together with poor finishing more similar to HDB? The key difference between a condo and HDB is that a condo provide superior finishing with full suite of facilities - swimming pool, tennis courts, putting green, entertainment room, function room, playground within the privacy of an estate and under security that truly belongs to you. I hope people can take both positive and negative comment. No need to call people sour grapes. People are just highlighting their preference for more space within their estate - which I think is a fair observation. And bear in mind, there are people who do sports like tennis and swimming, so tiny developments in TK with bearly any facilities probably will not appeal to them. From an owner perspective, this means your pool of potential buyers are smaller. But I note that many Singaporeans are not sporty to begin with, so well, different strokes for different folks.

To each his own....
08-08-08, 14:55
Isn't Telok Kurau with NO facilities and so tightly cramped together with poor finishing more similar to HDB? The key difference between a condo and HDB is that a condo provide superior finishing with full suite of facilities - swimming pool, tennis courts, putting green, entertainment room, function room, playground within the privacy of an estate and under security that truly belongs to you. I hope people can take both positive and negative comment. No need to call people sour grapes. People are just highlighting their preference for more space within their estate - which I think is a fair observation. And bear in mind, there are people who do sports like tennis and swimming, so tiny developments in TK with bearly any facilities probably will not appeal to them. From an owner perspective, this means your pool of potential buyers are smaller. But I note that many Singaporeans are not sporty to begin with, so well, different strokes for different folks.

Res ipsa loquitur indeed!

More space = more units = more ppl

It is about the same lah.....

Unregistered1223
10-08-08, 02:09
Many saddist here.

Pls give negative comments in a more polite manner. Do not talk lowly and degrade yourself.

Every projects deemed to have their pros n cons.

Post constructive comments and not childish ones.

I especially dislike those who talk up or down the market. They are simply losers.

Headache
11-08-08, 22:33
So a 4-storey HDB flat is more "exclusive" than a 20-storey HDB flat? If the 20-storey HDB has lots of space around it, isn't it nicer and more conducive than 4-storey HDB flats squeezed altogether? I use HDB flat as example as just like Telok Kurau condos, they have hardly any facilities. Low-lying doesn't mean exclusive - u see people rushing to buy 4 storey HDB or not? So many condos squeezed all together with not much land in between, can be quite clautrophobic there. I see Telok Kurau in the street directory also headache - how can any place be so crowded together? No breathing space at all.

Res ipsa loquitur indeed!

More space = more units = more ppl

It is about the same lah.....

Unregistered55555
11-08-08, 23:24
So a 4-storey HDB flat is more "exclusive" than a 20-storey HDB flat? If the 20-storey HDB has lots of space around it, isn't it nicer and more conducive than 4-storey HDB flats squeezed altogether? I use HDB flat as example as just like Telok Kurau condos, they have hardly any facilities. Low-lying doesn't mean exclusive - u see people rushing to buy 4 storey HDB or not? So many condos squeezed all together with not much land in between, can be quite clautrophobic there. I see Telok Kurau in the street directory also headache - how can any place be so crowded together? No breathing space at all.

Well, a 4 storey HDB Flat when waiting for the lift to get up or down only has 4 families using it while a 20 storey has 20 families!

Same thing, 20 storey flat may hv bigger swimming pool but more pple are using it or queueing to use it.

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Some view exclusivity as lesser users and more private and quiet while some view exclusivity as having more facilities but comes with the noise and waiting factor.

Lame Sports
11-08-08, 23:31

I wonder how long u hv to wait in a condo in order to successfully book the tennis court. Pls dun sound like the large swimming pool or tennis court is always vacant and exclusively available for u as and when u want to use it once u buy a unit in a large condo with full facilities.

Unregistered1111
12-08-08, 02:55
I think the main selling pt for telok kurau area is the whole area is exclusively for pte properties only...So, I think it can be 'exclusive' in such aspect. Surrounded by landed and apts can be a gd advantage.

However, the drawback is lack of facilities. Well, small apts attracts certain niche buyers who dont like crowded areas and do not need the facilities. In small developments, u tend to know ur neighbour better and u have more say on the management aspect.

It is also easier to get enbloced compare to big developments above 300units as u can see over in the newspaper whereby residents r bitching over enbloc issues.

For HDB upgradders, boutique apts in telok kurau most likely will not be your cup of tea as it is not near amenties and MRT..furthermore, usually they upgrade to condo becoz of the facilities.

To each his own
12-08-08, 11:21

A 4 storey is definately more exclusive than a 12 storey flat. Any kid can tell you that. If anything, for lesser ppl around.

()
12-08-08, 11:58
all these new projects in TK only apartment status but people r payng condo price, wat is rationale? U guys shud stop fooling urselves wth district numbers coz it just aint worth the buy. U enbloc 2 or 3 semi Ds and build 10 to 20 apartments in that tiny space, so is it value for money? At least if u have facilities and pte space it is mre worthwhile
A 4 storey is definately more exclusive than a 12 storey flat. Any kid can tell you that. If anything, for lesser ppl around.

(..)
12-08-08, 12:25
all these new projects in TK only apartment status but people r payng condo price, wat is rationale? U guys shud stop fooling urselves wth district numbers coz it just aint worth the buy. U enbloc 2 or 3 semi Ds and build 10 to 20 apartments in that tiny space, so is it value for money? At least if u have facilities and pte space it is mre worthwhile

Yeah sure... go ahead and share your facility and space with the enlarged community.. no argument with that.. some ppl prefer less space and less ppl... tell me, what business is that of yours?

haves and have nots
12-08-08, 12:44
in our material world there are 2 groups, the haves and the have nots and nobody is bothered about like or don't like. Most people would rather have smethng n choose nt to use it rather than choose nt to have and when they want to use it, they dont have it.
Yeah sure... go ahead and share your facility and space with the enlarged community.. no argument with that.. some ppl prefer less space and less ppl... tell me, what business is that of yours?

haves
12-08-08, 13:29
in our material world there are 2 groups, the haves and the have nots and nobody is bothered about like or don't like. Most people would rather have smethng n choose nt to use it rather than choose nt to have and when they want to use it, they dont have it.

On the contrary.. the haves does make references to likes.....

have vs have nots
17-08-08, 21:46
when u have something, u can say u dont like it and avoid criticism.
On the contrary.. the haves does make references to likes.....

Wonder?
18-08-08, 14:20
Better than no facility, and got to use PUBLIC facilities shared with the whole of Singapore. That is the fact of Telok Kurau. If you want to take a stroll in a garden, you have to go public parks accessible to 4 million people, you have to use public pools share by 4 million people and public tennis courts available for 4 million people. A private condo with facilities means the tennis court is at worst shared by 300 people. Which is more exclusive? I know you're going to say not all 4 million people will use the same tennis court, but similarly not all 300 people use the condo pool. At a ratio of 300:1 and 4,000,000:1 which is more exclusive?

Alice in Wonderland
20-08-08, 22:36
Better than no facility, and got to use PUBLIC facilities shared with the whole of Singapore. That is the fact of Telok Kurau. If you want to take a stroll in a garden, you have to go public parks accessible to 4 million people, you have to use public pools share by 4 million people and public tennis courts available for 4 million people. A private condo with facilities means the tennis court is at worst shared by 300 people. Which is more exclusive? I know you're going to say not all 4 million people will use the same tennis court, but similarly not all 300 people use the condo pool. At a ratio of 300:1 and 4,000,000:1 which is more exclusive?

To be fair, one should weigh the population density within the area of development to determine exclusiveness.

Squeezing 300 families in a plot of land size of 60000 sq ft gets u 200 sq ft per family.

Whereas you may find in Telok Kurau 30 families squeezing in a plot of land size of 20000 sq ft gets u 666 sq ft per family.

What you are buying is probably air space when building gets higher up while others may get land space.

Air is free in Singapore but not land.

You are better off joining a fitness club or country club if you like facilities so much more than your entitled personal paid space.

don't fool yourself
21-08-08, 02:21
wth a land size of 2000 sf, even if u have 1 family living there, it is damn small. There is hardly anywhere to go for a stroll in the pte compound. For a hi rise condo wth 300 units n land area of 60000sf, residents can enjoy the wonderful airspace offering good views and have a gd relaxing stroll in the large compound after a meal. Some condos have hi rise observation decks wth nice views that low rise developmts never get to enjoy. U can calculate ur ratios and console urself that TK apartments offer each household a bigger area but TK apts are neither here nor there as it is neither landed property and neither does it have facilities to be calld condo.
To be fair, one should weigh the population density within the area of development to determine exclusiveness.

Squeezing 300 families in a plot of land size of 60000 sq ft gets u 200 sq ft per family.

Whereas you may find in Telok Kurau 30 families squeezing in a plot of land size of 20000 sq ft gets u 666 sq ft per family.

What you are buying is probably air space when building gets higher up while others may get land space.

You are better off joining a fitness club or country club if you like facilities so much more than your entitled personal paid space.

don't fool yourself
21-08-08, 02:24
wth a land size of 3 to 4000 sf, even if u have a few families living there, it is too small to even move around. There is hardly anywhere to go for a stroll in the pte compound. For a hi rise condo wth 200 units n land area of 60000sf, residents can enjoy the wonderful airspace offering good views and have a gd relaxing stroll in the large compound after a meal. Some condos have hi rise observation decks wth nice views that low rise developmts never get to enjoy. U can calculate ur ratios and console urself that TK apartments offer each household a bigger area but TK apts are neither here nor there as it is neither landed property and neither does it have facilities to be calld condo. To me TK is a waste of time.

U fool yourself
10-09-08, 14:54
wth a land size of 3 to 4000 sf, even if u have a few families living there, it is too small to even move around. There is hardly anywhere to go for a stroll in the pte compound. For a hi rise condo wth 200 units n land area of 60000sf, residents can enjoy the wonderful airspace offering good views and have a gd relaxing stroll in the large compound after a meal. Some condos have hi rise observation decks wth nice views that low rise developmts never get to enjoy. U can calculate ur ratios and console urself that TK apartments offer each household a bigger area but TK apts are neither here nor there as it is neither landed property and neither does it have facilities to be calld condo. To me TK is a waste of time.

Firstly, for u to read and cast -ve comment on this thread, u are already wasting your time here while u should be reading at other threads which have your-so-called perceived big development projects.

TK is just a stone throw away from the beach and there you find thousands of sq ft of land with facilities for one to enjoy. The proximity to town via ECP is a definite plus.

For the same amt of dough, you may be able to find a 300 unit project with some facilities shared by 300 families but located in the suburbs many kms away and surrounded left right centre by public housing. Going to the beach and town is no go for you, and that the only thing u can possibly hope for is to use the facilities in your development during your leisure time on a wkend while many other neighbours are hoping the same too.

Of cos, u can say why located in the suburbs? But take a clear look ard the marine parade area, is there any big developments priced same as TK? One cent one quality. Period. The choice is simple and decisive. You have the dough, u can buy watever you like. U dun hv the dough and try to talk big here, pls keep the day dream and nonsense to yourself. U just fooled yourself only. Pathetic.

Probability
10-09-08, 15:48
The probability of a 300 units development hitting the swimming pool at anytime as compared to the probability of a 30 units development is 10 times more. But is the pool ten times larger in the 300 units development????

What's the probability of one able to find the pool unoccupied at all at any time in a 300 units development vs a 30 units development?

Using the whole island of Singapore as a comparison to a 300 unit development, how many public swimming pools are there in Singapore?

And as one said, people who buy TK is not bothered with the facilities it provides. So chances of anyone using them at all is very low versus another who bought a unit in a 300 units development would like to enjoy and make good use of the so called exclusive facilities more. Then wouldn't all the 300 families within the said development think the same as you and end crowd the pool at all times?

Simple no brainer mathematics :-)

buy
11-09-08, 10:49
not everyone jump into the pool at the same time

willing
11-09-08, 13:43
true i agree

Exclusive
11-09-08, 13:50

Does it make a difference? Everyone uses the lift at the same time during wkdays morning. If u stay on high floor, wait til neck long for lift to come. Or if u stay low to mid floor, every now and then the lift is full by the time it comes.

Exclusivity and Probability is measured by the number of users or by the population density per facility, not by the variety of facilities. Still dun get it? Sigh...

Sell
11-09-08, 13:54

Yah, 300 families - If every other family invites a group of friends and relatives over for wkend fun, u can imagine how congested the pool is. Like CBD traffic, need to implement ERP wor! Haha!

Suburbia
11-09-08, 14:07
Telok Kurau is a suburb. Not sure why you look down on suburbs? TK is not near to town or Orchard at all. Look at the Singapore map. Many other areas are closer to Orchard than Telok Kurau - D19, D20, D21, D23, D12, D13, D14 etc. So I wonder why you say going to town is a no-go for these people? Actually 300 units is not crowded at all. I'm living in a 200+ unit condo and most of the time, the pool, tennis courts and gym are empty. I don't usually swim at the beach though, I find it too polluted. Anyway, my pool is really large enough - as big as the swimming pool in Shangri La :) You're right in the sense that I hardly use public facilities, because my condo is quite well equipped. Anyway, as someone rightly say, Telok Kurau residents usually don't do sports, therefore the tennis courts etc. is not important. To each his own. But please do NOT look down on "suburbs" because in many ways, Telok Kurau is quite an suburb isn't it? As for disdain for HDB, I rest my case. TK property prices are quite low on a psf basis. In fact, cheaper than many so-called suburbs. So who are you to look down on them?

Firstly, for u to read and cast -ve comment on this thread, u are already wasting your time here while u should be reading at other threads which have your-so-called perceived big development projects.

TK is just a stone throw away from the beach and there you find thousands of sq ft of land with facilities for one to enjoy. The proximity to town via ECP is a definite plus.

For the same amt of dough, you may be able to find a 300 unit project with some facilities shared by 300 families but located in the suburbs many kms away and surrounded left right centre by public housing. Going to the beach and town is no go for you, and that the only thing u can possibly hope for is to use the facilities in your development during your leisure time on a wkend while many other neighbours are hoping the same too.

Of cos, u can say why located in the suburbs? But take a clear look ard the marine parade area, is there any big developments priced same as TK? One cent one quality. Period. The choice is simple and decisive. You have the dough, u can buy watever you like. U dun hv the dough and try to talk big here, pls keep the day dream and nonsense to yourself. U just fooled yourself only. Pathetic.

Unregistered111
11-09-08, 14:16
Telok Kurau is at the far end of D15. It is further from town and prime districts 9 10, 11 than many other areas. Other areas closer to town would include D4, D5 etc. Actually most of Singapore residential areas are not that far out. E.g. D19 can be large, but many residentials at the lower end of D19 would be much nearer to town than Telok Kurau. Do not be fooled by the district no. when it comes to proximity to town. Bear in mind Singapore is wide. So those to the far east will be furthest from town.

Near is near
11-09-08, 17:58
Telok Kurau is at the far end of D15. It is further from town and prime districts 9 10, 11 than many other areas. Other areas closer to town would include D4, D5 etc. Actually most of Singapore residential areas are not that far out. E.g. D19 can be large, but many residentials at the lower end of D19 would be much nearer to town than Telok Kurau. Do not be fooled by the district no. when it comes to proximity to town. Bear in mind Singapore is wide. So those to the far east will be furthest from town.

3 mins from TK to ECP and 10 mins later, you are at Suntec City/City Hall.

City Fringe
11-09-08, 18:01
Telok Kurau is a suburb. Not sure why you look down on suburbs? TK is not near to town or Orchard at all. Look at the Singapore map. Many other areas are closer to Orchard than Telok Kurau - D19, D20, D21, D23, D12, D13, D14 etc. So I wonder why you say going to town is a no-go for these people? Actually 300 units is not crowded at all. I'm living in a 200+ unit condo and most of the time, the pool, tennis courts and gym are empty. I don't usually swim at the beach though, I find it too polluted. Anyway, my pool is really large enough - as big as the swimming pool in Shangri La :) You're right in the sense that I hardly use public facilities, because my condo is quite well equipped. Anyway, as someone rightly say, Telok Kurau residents usually don't do sports, therefore the tennis courts etc. is not important. To each his own. But please do NOT look down on "suburbs" because in many ways, Telok Kurau is quite an suburb isn't it? As for disdain for HDB, I rest my case. TK property prices are quite low on a psf basis. In fact, cheaper than many so-called suburbs. So who are you to look down on them?

D15 is considered City Fringe, not Suburbs for your info. See the index of this forum. We can bet you that we reach town faster than u than if u r in D19 and above or watsoever suburbs. We're not looking down on suburbs but being surrounded by private housing left right centre and surrounded by public housing has totally different feel. Disdain folks come in here to cast negative comment on TK, they are the ones looking down on TK, but worst still they talk big only. Say TK small, no facilities...pls look at the mirror yourself before spurting rubbish. Can you afford it? Please state the facts right.

D19
11-09-08, 18:05

Nah, I stay in D19 and drive to work in CBD daily. Definitely, TK is much nearer and convenient to town, no doubts abt it. Tats y I am considering getting a house around D15. Getting home from work now takes me an hour, the traffic jam from CBD to northwards AMK/SK/Punggol/Yishun thru CTE is horrible. And the jam to potong pasir also cannot tahan.

Unregistered323322
11-09-08, 18:15

Hehe, did someone shit or urinate in the swimming pool? Then why so deserted and rarely occupied? Chances of someone poo-ing in the pool is much higher in a 200 unit condo than a 30 unit apartmt.

Unregistered121212
11-09-08, 18:18
Hi all,

Very interesting debates here. But personally, I treat my heavy investmt in life eg. car and property like my wife. So when I spend so much on cars and property, I dun like to share facilities or in other words "wife" with a huge massive crowd cos I am not into orgies. keke

Choose Not To Have
11-09-08, 18:44

If I want to have something, that something must be wholly exclusive for my own use, anytime of the day. If need to share with someone else, worst still is to share with hundereds of people, I rather not have it in the first place, than to have it and choose not to use it.

So when I buy TK property, I dun really care abt facilities cos in the 1st place I do not like sharing.

Why do people buy cars when it is more economical and sometimes more convenient/faster to take the bus/MRT? Same concept. Exclusivity is defined by number of users.

Why do you buy a private house? Its bec u want more privacy, less noise and have higher social status. Why go for something similar to public housing?

Why do you marry your wife? Bec u want to have her all by yourself. Do you like to share your wife with others? Or do u marry your wife, and hope that others wouldn't pop her?

Would you rather have AIDS and choose whether to end your life sooner. Or would you rather not to have AIDS in the 1st place and live life longer?

lame lah
11-09-08, 21:25
The price speaks for itself. Small say small. don't say "exclusive". There is no room to move in the condo. Swimming pool one person already crowded. How to be exclusive? Every 3 steps one "condo" in a labyrinth. Probably the most no. of condos along a road. One lorong less than 1 km 20 condos. So cramped. How to be exclusive?

If I want to have something, that something must be wholly exclusive for my own use, anytime of the day. If need to share with someone else, worst still is to share with hundereds of people, I rather not have it in the first place, than to have it and choose not to use it.

So when I buy TK property, I dun really care abt facilities cos in the 1st place I do not like sharing.

Why do people buy cars when it is more economical and sometimes more convenient/faster to take the bus/MRT? Same concept. Exclusivity is defined by number of users.

Why do you buy a private house? Its bec u want more privacy, less noise and have higher social status. Why go for something similar to public housing?

Why do you marry your wife? Bec u want to have her all by yourself. Do you like to share your wife with others? Or do u marry your wife, and hope that others wouldn't pop her?

Would you rather have AIDS and choose whether to end your life sooner. Or would you rather not to have AIDS in the 1st place and live life longer?

OCR
11-09-08, 22:01
D15 is OCR lah. City Fringe my foot. Go URA to see.

D15 is considered City Fringe, not Suburbs for your info. See the index of this forum. We can bet you that we reach town faster than u than if u r in D19 and above or watsoever suburbs. We're not looking down on suburbs but being surrounded by private housing left right centre and surrounded by public housing has totally different feel. Disdain folks come in here to cast negative comment on TK, they are the ones looking down on TK, but worst still they talk big only. Say TK small, no facilities...pls look at the mirror yourself before spurting rubbish. Can you afford it? Please state the facts right.

Fact
12-09-08, 09:56
D15 is OCR lah. City Fringe my foot. Go URA to see.

Whatever the word used, the fact remains that TK is 10 minutes to City Hall via ECP, 10 minutes to Airport via ECP, 5 minutes to East Coast via ECP. Oops, i forgottten to mention (how can I) 10 minutes to the IR downtown via ECP and 15 minutes to the Sentosa IR, via ECP.

jam
12-09-08, 10:36
Nah, I stay in D19 and drive to work in CBD daily. Definitely, TK is much nearer and convenient to town, no doubts abt it. Tats y I am considering getting a house around D15. Getting home from work now takes me an hour, the traffic jam from CBD to northwards AMK/SK/Punggol/Yishun thru CTE is horrible. And the jam to potong pasir also cannot tahan.
then you are likely to find yourself in a greater jam in TK.

Jam for bread
12-09-08, 10:44
then you are likely to find yourself in a greater jam in TK.

Nowhere is the TK's traffic so heavy as compared to other areas, frankly...

Ironically, this maybe due to the less density in population for low rise buildings as compared to other "high rise condo" and HDB squeezed together..

Big Hole
12-09-08, 18:48
The price speaks for itself. Small say small. don't say "exclusive". There is no room to move in the condo. Swimming pool one person already crowded. How to be exclusive? Every 3 steps one "condo" in a labyrinth. Probably the most no. of condos along a road. One lorong less than 1 km 20 condos. So cramped. How to be exclusive?

I like my "wife" hole to be small, can only fit me. U must hv a liking for big holes, and sharing with others. Why take it when u hv to share it? Might as well dump it?

TK folks dun like to share their "wives" unfortunately. No matter how u try to fool yourself, u r just a tiny dicky among the many others sharing your wife's hole.

Unregistered666
12-09-08, 18:48
Hi all,

Very interesting debates here. But personally, I treat my heavy investmt in life eg. car and property like my wife. So when I spend so much on cars and property, I dun like to share facilities or in other words "wife" with a huge massive crowd cos I am not into orgies. keke

mate, 30 ppl sharing ur 'wife' is still an orgy ...

Unregistered456
12-09-08, 18:54
I like my "wife" hole to be small, can only fit me. U must hv a liking for big holes, and sharing with others. Why take it when u hv to share it? Might as well dump it?

TK folks dun like to share their "wives" unfortunately. No matter how u try to fool yourself, u r just a tiny dicky among the many others sharing your wife's hole.

hmmm, so what are you trying to say ... u have a small dick? So natural birth is a definite no-go for your wife? I have nothing against TK but your analogy is laughable to say the least ... hahahahaha

No Orgy
12-09-08, 18:54
mate, 30 ppl sharing ur 'wife' is still an orgy ...

Well, small private orgy better than massive group orgies.

Anyway, I would consider buy TK not bec I fancy the pool, I dun even bother using it in the 1st place. Wats so great abt a pool? U like to drink urine of your neighbours?

I would build myself a jacuzzi pool in my unit and enjoy all by myself anytime anyday.

Big Hole
12-09-08, 18:57
hmmm, so what are you trying to say ... u have a small dick? So natural birth is a definite no-go for your wife? I have nothing against TK but your analogy is laughable to say the least ... hahahahaha

Your ability to read and comprehend phrases just shows how a dick head u r :-)

Unregistered456
12-09-08, 19:01
Your ability to read and comprehend phrases just shows how a dick head u r :-)

unfortunately for you .. you have no abilities ... so your posts are completely useless and ignorable ... and yes, your wife is too small for me! Pls enjoy her till she gives birth then she won't feel you no more ... have a nice day .. bye :)

Unregistered666
12-09-08, 19:06
Well, small private orgy better than massive group orgies.

Anyway, I would consider buy TK not bec I fancy the pool, I dun even bother using it in the 1st place. Wats so great abt a pool? U like to drink urine of your neighbours?

I would build myself a jacuzzi pool in my unit and enjoy all by myself anytime anyday.

30 isn't small ... i'm sure they have pools in TK and with it urine as well. anyhow, what makes you think that only in TK you can build yourself a private jacuzzi?

No Orgy
12-09-08, 19:12
30 isn't small ... i'm sure they have pools in TK and with it urine as well. anyhow, what makes you think that only in TK you can build yourself a private jacuzzi?

Well, I dun need to repeat myself to pathetic useless piece of shit like u again. I DUN CARE ABT THE POOL TK PROVIDES. So why shld I bother abt finding a 300 unit condo? I hate to even share lift, common area, carpark and corridors with so many others. Tats just a HDB with barricades in substance.

Big Hole
12-09-08, 19:15
unfortunately for you .. you have no abilities ... so your posts are completely useless and ignorable ... and yes, your wife is too small for me! Pls enjoy her till she gives birth then she won't feel you no more ... have a nice day .. bye :)

Sorry, u r wrong again. I like to keep my wife's hole for myself. And then I go and bang other pple's wives' holes and urinate/poo on their faces. :-)

So please go get a 300 unit condo, and tell me where ur wife is, I will come with full ammunition. :-)

Have a nice day too, and pls keep ur wife safe and locked. U can do tat y peeing and pooing on her.

TK Lover ...
12-09-08, 19:19

Please don't associate yourself with us. You mean it is unfortunate that TK folks don't like to share their wives? Please polish your English first before posting. You're an embarrassment.

I don't even think you are actually a resident here in TK.

Unregistered456
12-09-08, 19:21
Sorry, u r wrong again. I like to keep my wife's hole for myself. And then I go and bang other pple's wives' holes and urinate/poo on their faces. :-)

So please go get a 300 unit condo, and tell me where ur wife is, I will come with full ammunition. :-)

Have a nice day too, and pls keep ur wife safe and locked. U can do tat y peeing and pooing on her.

what ammunition? ... when it is erect, it'll look like an pimple about to burst. And who ever said I was married? you assumed too much ... maybe I'll try your wife .. she's probably has not felt anything in ages ...

Unregistered456
12-09-08, 19:26
Well, I dun need to repeat myself to pathetic useless piece of shit like u again. I DUN CARE ABT THE POOL TK PROVIDES. So why shld I bother abt finding a 300 unit condo? I hate to even share lift, common area, carpark and corridors with so many others. Tats just a HDB with barricades in substance.

then don't repeat urself! you sound really mentally disturbed and the fact is I never even mention a pool ...

and another thing if you look at you family album, you will definitely see a pile of shit! just a word of caution .. hold your nose first before taking a peek ...

Big Hole
12-09-08, 19:39
Please don't associate yourself with us. You mean it is unfortunate that TK folks don't like to share their wives? Please polish your English first before posting. You're an embarrassment.

I don't even think you are actually a resident here in TK.

Pls dun anyhow use the nick "TK lover" and claim association with the many other good educated residents here. U need to pass your PSLE English 1st before comment on others.

Big Hole
12-09-08, 19:41
then don't repeat urself! you sound really mentally disturbed and the fact is I never even mention a pool ...

and another thing if you look at you family album, you will definitely see a pile of shit! just a word of caution .. hold your nose first before taking a peek ...

U r another one of those pathetic useless piece of shit whose wife's kena bong by others now and yet you still have the spare time writing shit here.

Hehe
13-09-08, 21:04
Singapore only 40km end to end. From one end of SG to the centre is at worst 20km. If no traffic and drive at snail speed 70km per hour, even at the end of SG, u can reach city in 10min. I'm just putting things in perspective because you seem to think everywhere else is far. Go to the map and see for yourself. And I'm not sure why you keep mentioning "City Hall". Most people work in Tanjong Pagar and Raffles Place and shop at Orchard. Telok Kurau would be relatively far from these places, even compared to say D21 or D5. Telok Kurau is NOT near to town relative to many other places in SG. So this is not the selling point. It is far from many natural attractions in Singapore, e.g. nature reserves and the zoo.

Someone wrote a most convulated post about exclusivity. Give us a break. If your condo has zilch facilities, you have to use public facilities isn't it? A condo with full facilties at worst share with 200 units. Telok Kurau residents who want to play tennis or walk in a spacious park would have to share wirh 4 million people. So no facilities don't suddenly become exclusive. One cramped walkup apartment every 5 steps is crowded and not exclusive - it is claustrophic. It's funny. Say if a super small country club only has 2 members, is cheap with zero no facilities. You go around telling people your country club is exclusive because it has 2 members with low subcription. But wait a minute, what value does this country club with no facilities bring you? nothing. A country club that sits on huge land, expensive, is careful about admitting members, provide good facilities e.g. golf course, tennis courts, large pool is more exclusive, even if it has 200 members.

Whatever the word used, the fact remains that TK is 10 minutes to City Hall via ECP, 10 minutes to Airport via ECP, 5 minutes to East Coast via ECP. Oops, i forgottten to mention (how can I) 10 minutes to the IR downtown via ECP and 15 minutes to the Sentosa IR, via ECP.

Analogy?
13-09-08, 21:09
If you want to use wife as an analogy. Let's say wife is tennis court. So a 200 unit condo share 2 tennis courts => which means you share your wife with 100 people. TK how? Got to go to use public courts, analagous to YOU sharing your wife with 4 million people out there - one year also not your turn yet. Muahahahaa.....

Use your brain before using analogies.

Unregistered456
15-09-08, 23:24
U r another one of those pathetic useless piece of shit whose wife's kena bong by others now and yet you still have the spare time writing shit here.

the only thing useless here is your small dick ... calling yourself big hole means you like a 'big' one up your arse ... i have time to spare because it takes only a minute to satisfy your wife .... she must be keeping it all inside since you obviously cannot satisfy her with your pimple ... probably she is getting gang banged by all the Banglas and the ah peks from Geylang ... she'll probably do it for free scos she likes them sooooo much ....

Sad
16-09-08, 09:44
the only thing useless here is your small dick ... calling yourself big hole means you like a 'big' one up your arse ... i have time to spare because it takes only a minute to satisfy your wife .... she must be keeping it all inside since you obviously cannot satisfy her with your pimple ... probably she is getting gang banged by all the Banglas and the ah peks from Geylang ... she'll probably do it for free scos she likes them sooooo much ....

Do we have to get so personal in discussing issues relating to propery so as to insult the spouse of another?

The absolute immaturity is sickening. If all of you are property investors, it just goes to show how naive all of you are.

xxxxxx
16-09-08, 11:09
Do we have to get so personal in discussing issues relating to propery so as to insult the spouse of another?

The absolute immaturity is sickening. If all of you are property investors, it just goes to show how naive all of you are.

Seems to occur only in thread involving Telok Kurau for some strange reason.

buy
16-09-08, 22:14
got people anti TK?

Sad
17-09-08, 10:08
Seems to occur only in thread involving Telok Kurau for some strange reason.

There are ppl out there who simply cast asperions on TK, for reasons known only to them.

It is one thing not to like TK. To cast asperions is another. If one don't likes TK, then exercises one's liberty by not buying or investing in TK.

One man's meat is another's posion.

Please for the sake of everyone, discuss the pros and cons of TK in a manner fitting of the namesake "MAN"!

Talk Kok
18-09-08, 21:46

Talking kok is free, people here like to talk big and talk kok to boost their egos.

All talk no action, say this one no good, tat one no good. If cheap or free, anything is good.

Conclusion: Buy wat u like, dun like dun buy, no need to talk kok so much. No one cares abt your dislikes. TK only meant for those who like to be close to town with less noise and more privacy and dun care abt shared facilities. PERIOD.

Babe
24-09-08, 14:15
My step brother has an apartment in Telok Kurau which I stayed in for about 4 months while waiting to complete the purchase of my HDB flat. So I can say that I have first hand experience staying in this area.

Good Points
-----------
(1) Lots of eateries along East Coast Road, can just walk there.
(2) Quiet at nite and the low-rise buildings are very quaint.
(3) Near to the East Coast - can easily cycle there, take a swim, then cycle back.
(4) Apartments small means cheaper maintenance fees.
(5) Near to airport - those who travel often would appreciate this.
(6) If you intend to rent out the unit, (5) is good.
(7) Good to have hospital nearby, in case of emergencies.
(8) Neighbours are very friendly.

Bad Points
----------
(1) Traffic is heavy when you drive out to Still Road or even other side.
(2) No MRT station in the nearby vicinity.
(3) Just outside the other exit (not Still Road), one row of shophouses are rented out to house foreign workers, not very safe at nite.
(4) Have even seen some girls soliciting there.
(5) Rather hot at nite, not very much breezes or wind blowing thru. Even wearing a nightie still perspire.
(6) Resale value not very good. Prices did not go up very much.
(7) TV reception is poor if you don't subscribe to CableTV.

Just my two dollars' worth :()

The Black Magician
24-09-08, 18:08
Well, seems a lot of people say TK lack of facilities and paid condo price and owners of TK silly. I do not mind living in a project with tennis court, 100 Metre lap pool and Big gym and which has only ONE unit---yes my personal unit. Well, everyone also think like that what.....if those 200+Mass Condo units owners so rich, then shld go buy land yourself and build on it. Else no need discuss about other things. End of the day is preference.

I dun see anything wrong with TK owners who pay Condo prices for their exclusive smaller developments. Got some of my friends like Mass projects because they like to play tennis. But got some of my friends hate mass projects cos jus too many families living in one development. If you got the budget and money, you buy what you like. And what you like someone else may not like. :p

BENTLY
24-09-08, 20:52
My step brother has an apartment in Telok Kurau which I stayed in for about 4 months while waiting to complete the purchase of my HDB flat. So I can say that I have first hand experience staying in this area.

Good Points
-----------
(3) Near to the East Coast - can easily cycle there, take a swim, then cycle back.

Bad Points
----------
(3) Just outside the other exit (not Still Road), one row of shophouses are rented out to house foreign workers, not very safe at nite.
(5) Rather hot at nite, not very much breezes or wind blowing thru. Even wearing a nightie still perspire.

1 most important good point u forget to add........... tat is FREE........

Lau Hee Low
26-09-08, 14:10
Hey Babe, I stay Lorong N know what you talking about - the Owgwee. Don't worry, tell me where you stay what time you come home. I will wait for you and no one can harm you.

I am Lau but strong. Every evening job around the area. I think they see me alos scared.

wrong
26-09-08, 14:41

Good Points
-----------

Bad Points
----------

you are wrong. small developments don't mean lower maintenance. in fact, it is the reverse, unless you dont have any facilities at all.

Unregisteredroar
01-10-08, 19:52
Near airport is a plus point? Taxi driver will give u black face when u take taxi from airport, and not forgetting the airport pollution. It's interesting because in any other parts of the world, people always protest against airport due to the massive pollution. It's only Singaporean who go airport for shopping... As for swimming in east coast water as a "plus" point, no thanks.

The apts there are now selling at very low resale prices. I know of some trying to sell below 600psf. And I do agree with your observation that the area is hot with no breeze as the condos are so cramped together - can be suffocating. Resale value is quite bad as the area has no unique proposition. Streetwalkers is also a problem for families in this vicinity.

Good Points
-----------

Bad Points
----------

Registered
07-10-08, 13:14
Near airport is a plus point? Taxi driver will give u black face when u take taxi from airport, and not forgetting the airport pollution. It's interesting because in any other parts of the world, people always protest against airport due to the massive pollution. It's only Singaporean who go airport for shopping... As for swimming in east coast water as a "plus" point, no thanks.

The apts there are now selling at very low resale prices. I know of some trying to sell below 600psf. And I do agree with your observation that the area is hot with no breeze as the condos are so cramped together - can be suffocating. Resale value is quite bad as the area has no unique proposition. Streetwalkers is also a problem for families in this vicinity.

Those selling at $600 psf are very old apartments. Quite mischief of you to leave this fact out. Quite apparent too from your posting that you are very biased.

Unregistered12321
09-10-08, 11:37

U are just talking crap. Taxi drivers prefer short distance trip so they can earn more of the initial fare once u board the cab.

commander
19-10-08, 15:08
telok Kurau is good, Katong is better due to the closer proximity to town, eateries, close to Parkway hopping area etc.
Ketong has a good investment and living potential.