PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a place in Pasir Panjang

Lou
03-04-08, 12:37
Dear all,

I'm currently looking for a nice and quiet place around Pasir Panjang Road, my budget is around 750-800k, 80-90 Sqm is fine for me. Preferably near a bus stop that goes to the CBD area. New projects will be good, TOP 2008-09. Let me know if you folks have any good recommendations.

Many thanks in advance!

starrynight
03-04-08, 17:49
Dear all,

I'm currently looking for a nice and quiet place around Pasir Panjang Road, my budget is around 750-800k, 80-90 Sqm is fine for me. Preferably near a bus stop that goes to the CBD area. New projects will be good, TOP 2008-09. Let me know if you folks have any good recommendations.

Many thanks in advance!
If you die die want brand new and available soon, then Foliage or Estiva lor.

papi
03-04-08, 17:57
U can also check out Murano, probably TOP late Q2/early Q3.

Party
03-04-08, 19:59
Fyi your budget is not very healthy...........studio unit is already going @ $650k onwards 2 bed fr $950k....try north area you budget can get a decent 3 bedroom........

Lou
03-04-08, 23:54
Hi all, thanks for your kind replies. How much is the asking price psf for Murano, Foilage, Estiva. $900-$1000 psf? Hmm...thats abit ex for non full condo facilities.

PP
04-04-08, 00:12
Pasir Panjang does not have large plots of residential land which can offer huge developments with full condo facilities. That is the charm of that place. Used to be predominently landed properties sitting on large plots of land. Until recently, when developers buy up a few of houses and start to build apartments on these.

The new units are fairly tiny and pricey. For full facilities, you probably got to look further down the road to West Coast. The Stellar, Clementi Woods or Varsity Park. Varsity Park, in my opinion, has a very HDB feel about it. Clementi Woods and The Stellar are still being built. But don't think your budget can buy you what you want. Unless the property market slides steeply. Try looking for the older units. They are more value for money.

starrynight
04-04-08, 11:39
Hi all, thanks for your kind replies. How much is the asking price psf for Murano, Foilage, Estiva. $900-$1000 psf? Hmm...thats abit ex for non full condo facilities.
I think you might be able to get Foliage and Estiva for mid- to high-800+ psf if there are sellers keen to unload.

Between the 2, I'd take Foliage (both, and Maylea, are the same developer) unless you are planning on walking to the MRT station everyday :D Not familiar with Murano.

Look out for tomorrow's papers - there is usually an agent called Jon who advertises, who seems to have quite a few units in the PP stretch.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 11:52
Varsity Park when launched was priced to attract the entry level HDB upgraders. Obviously it cannot be compared with the more premium developments. Although PP's opinion is that Varsity Park has a rather HDB feel about it, this is rather subjective as different people will view a certain project differently. Personally I like the large common area within Varsity Park and I respectfully disagree with PP's opinion that it feels like a HDB estate.

Based on your budget, if you want a new project, I think your options are limited. You may want to consider having a walk within Varsity Park and get a feel of that place first.