PDA

View Full Version : When ABSD or TDSR is removed what will happen?

minority
27-07-14, 16:12
So since many people are holding back on purchasing becoz of ABSD or TDSR. In the event that the ABSD and TDSR are remove. either together or separately what would the likely scenario be?

Currently..

For example currently there are 3. groups of buyers.

1-Cash rich buyers but too stingy to buy becoz of ABSD. Don't want to pay the extra Tax. They waiting for it to removed.
2-Insufficient cash flow due to TDSR but willing to pay ABSD. waiting for TDSR to be removed.
3- Enough for 20% and fail TDSR. Waiting for both to be removed.

My view is group 1 will buy if the market price drop enough to a worthy level and if developer gives enough incentive. For group 2 by time TDSR is removed sellers or developers would have adjusted up their prices to factor for the surge of buyers coming back in. At most some early movers will be able to catch a few good buys. For group 3. by time both measures are removed interest would have moved up. Unlikely there are good picks left as the 1st and 2nd group would have pick up most of the buys and sellers n developers would have adjusted their asking base on the return of buyers.

My take the best buy might be when ABSD is removed and before TDSR is removed. If ever TDSR will be removed or bargain enough from developer to offset abad and more.

teddybear
27-07-14, 16:47
When ABSD and TDSR removed too late, few people will be buying!
Most will be waiting for durians to drop another 30% more since property price is already in down-trend so don't be so stupid to catch falling knife! :D

So since many people are holding back on purchasing becoz of ABSD or TDSR. In the event that the ABSD and TDSR are remove. either together or separately what would the likely scenario be?

Currently..

For example currently there are 3. groups of buyers.

1-Cash rich buyers but too stingy to buy becoz of ABSD. Don't want to pay the extra Tax. They waiting for it to removed.
2-Insufficient cash flow due to TDSR but willing to pay ABSD. waiting for TDSR to be removed.
3- Enough for 20% and fail TDSR. Waiting for both to be removed.

My view is group 1 will buy if the market price drop enough to a worthy level and if developer gives enough incentive. For group 2 by time TDSR is removed sellers or developers would have adjusted up their prices to factor for the surge of buyers coming back in. At most some early movers will be able to catch a few good buys. For group 3. by time both measures are removed interest would have moved up. Unlikely there are good picks left as the 1st and 2nd group would have pick up most of the buys and sellers n developers would have adjusted their asking base on the return of buyers.

My take the best buy might be when ABSD is removed and before TDSR is removed. If ever TDSR will be removed or bargain enough from developer to offset abad and more.

Arcachon
27-07-14, 16:50

I don't think ABSD or TDSR will be removed.

AEC 2015

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/123963488/The-Importance-of-ASEAN-Economic-Community-_AEC_-2015

puffer_fish
27-07-14, 17:57
For the good of the singapore market, it better that only investors that qualify both to buy, we dont want another subprime to happen

minority
27-07-14, 18:38
When ABSD and TDSR removed too late, few people will be buying!
Most will be waiting for durians to drop another 30% more since property price is already in down-trend so don't be so stupid to catch falling knife! :D

Yes like the 2009 crisis those people also say scare grab a falling knife. Like Johnny walk say. Keep waiting.

heehee
27-07-14, 18:49
If this time property price crash again, may look like 1998 to 2006 8 long years of down market rather than 2008-2009! Be very very careful!

Yes like the 2009 crisis those people also say scare grab a falling knife. Like Johnny walk say. Keep waiting.

minority
27-07-14, 18:55
If this time property price crash again, may look like 1998 to 2006 8 long years of down market rather than 2008-2009! Be very very careful!

Well investment comes with risk. Those with weak stomach n pockets will always be spectators .

Arcachon
27-07-14, 18:59
Well investment comes with risk. Those with weak stomach n pockets will always be spectators .

After 8 CMs, spectators extinct long ago.

Now those who have money also cannot investment because of MOP, waiting for TOP etc.

heehee
27-07-14, 19:06
And people are expecting speculators to create a replay of 2008-2009 property price recovery after having "killed" them? Well, once bitten twice shy. So more likely to be like 1998-2006 if property price crashed again.

After 8 CMs, spectators extinct long ago.

Now those who have money also cannot investment because of MOP, waiting for TOP etc.

teddybear
27-07-14, 19:10
Only stupid people will expect the same thing to repeat like it is in 2009. I tend to agree with heehee that it may look more 1998 period..... :(

Cupcakes
27-07-14, 19:20
So is now the starting of 1998 or end of 2006?

minority
28-07-14, 00:21
Only stupid people will expect the same thing to repeat like it is in 2009. I tend to agree with heehee that it may look more 1998 period..... :(

Well its only in hindsight people claim they have perfect vision.

minority
28-07-14, 00:23
So is now the starting of 1998 or end of 2006?

Well I will say neither.