PDA

View Full Version : Quality of new houses seems to be coming down

hyenergix
14-06-14, 09:14
HDB DELAYING, TRYING TO AVOID RECTIFYING NEW BTO THAT HAS HUNDREDS OF DEFECTS

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/hdb-delaying-trying-avoid-rectifying-new-bto-has-hundreds-defects-4710893.html

DC33_2008
14-06-14, 10:10
How to have good quality when they go for the lowest bid price and MOM control foreign workers? Watch out for new condo development by foreign developers. Better stay with local main contractor like woh hup, tiong Seng, or foreign contractor like dragage, obayashi, shimizhu, etc.
HDB DELAYING, TRYING TO AVOID RECTIFYING NEW BTO THAT HAS HUNDREDS OF DEFECTS

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/hdb-delaying-trying-avoid-rectifying-new-bto-has-hundreds-defects-4710893.html

star
14-06-14, 10:29
Defects are very common even with condo. I think these people never buy flat or condo before.

Simi
14-06-14, 11:17
Defects are very common even with condo. I think these people never buy flat or condo before.

Yalor

Why complain so much ?
These are Public Housing heavily subsidized by our Good Government

Go and buy Private Condo la
if PC still not satisfy then go buy own land and build lor :sleep::sleep:

my2cents
14-06-14, 15:00
Sporeans start tasting theirs own sweet or too many opposition and supporters complaining endlessly on everything for their own political agenda, now HDB even might needs to delay many completion, no FW, who wl do the job ? we Sporeans, you can forget about it...it's about time boomerang back to us, no bus driver, no one taking your garbage, no waitress, good food stores are all closing, all the dirty jobs wl come back to us, including these lousy HDB quality.....

star
14-06-14, 16:41
Sporeans start tasting theirs own sweet or too many opposition and supporters complaining endlessly on everything for their own political agenda, now HDB even might needs to delay many completion, no FW, who wl do the job ? we Sporeans, you can forget about it...it's about time boomerang back to us, no bus driver, no one taking your garbage, no waitress, good food stores are all closing, all the dirty jobs wl come back to us, including these lousy HDB quality.....

Yes well said bro.

And also some want rental but don't want foreigners, some people are really funny. These type of people really piss me off. While enjoying their rental collected every month they keep bashing govt letting in too many foreigners.

Reisor
14-06-14, 17:50
Yes well said bro.

And also some want rental but don't want foreigners, some people are really funny. These type of people really piss me off. While enjoying their rental collected every month they keep bashing govt letting in too many foreigners.

Sometimes I felt that it's about those who have lived & experienced Sg struggling in the 80s (and before) vs those who who only lived through the comfort of the 90s & beyond.

It may also be a matter of education abroad and local. One will also notice that those who went abroad may tends to come back with a desire to do greater social justice by voicing out for the oppressed (whether perceived or real) in the community. Often believing that the ideal social system lies in the west & in freedom (sometimes of anything).

The internet has also brought about the reach & popularity of the voice of change in a country. One thing for sure will be that a good government should not give in and effect populists policy. A better government should not only be listening to the ground but walking the ground of the people. The best government only exists if the last 2 points made happens to cater to the majority of population needs. It is not possible to be best govt for everybody.
:2cents:

Allthepies
14-06-14, 18:03
Yes well said bro.

Yup these people are ingrates, they need to travel more and open their eyes wider...

as we travel more, the more we should see how fortunate we are but apparently some Singaporeans travel and waste their trips...

Shooting and killing in US schools, high employment rates for youth in Europe, regular train breakdown in london and japan, the number of homeless, beggars, squatters even in so called developed countries...

my2cents
14-06-14, 20:17
Yes well said bro.

How funnily true and ironically true, want rental but not foreigner, who wl take the rental, Sporeans ? aiyo...

Pushing Resale HDB prx down also killed so many genunie upgraders and pitiful old folks who desperately needed money to retire and needy measures, Sporeans if possible should just sticks with BTO - cheap but now complaining lousy quality as in this thread, Resales are for PR and Sporeans for whatsoever reason they hv to sell their first BTO...the current policies are imbalance and unfair to these big group of Sporeans...so upgrader can now wait long long and seeing theirs asset shrinking...thanks to who ??

Simi
14-06-14, 20:31
Yup these people are ingrates, they need to travel more and open their eyes wider...

as we travel more, the more we should see how fortunate we are but apparently some Singaporeans travel and waste their trips...

Shooting and killing in US schools, high employment rates for youth in Europe, regular train breakdown in london and japan, the number of homeless, beggars, squatters even in so called developed countries...

Lets not call them ingrate la..too harsh

my own children also complain and complain on how I as a father treated them so stingy

and its not because I am unable to afford

all I can say is that is for their own good
maybe when they grow up they will appreciate me ?

Simi
14-06-14, 20:49

These are Foreign Workers at the lower rung of the employment

They do not rent our Condo

they do job that
Singaporean shunned away from

Simi
14-06-14, 20:53
How funnily true and ironically true, want rental but not foreigner, who wl take the rental, Sporeans ? aiyo...

Pushing Resale HDB prx down also killed so many genunie upgraders and pitiful old folks who desperately needed money to retire and needy measures, Sporeans if possible should just sticks with BTO - cheap but now complaining lousy quality as in this thread, Resales are for PR and Sporeans for whatsoever reason they hv to sell their first BTO...the current policies are imbalance and unfair to these big group of Sporeans...so upgrader can now wait long long and seeing theirs asset shrinking...thanks to who ??

Rental we want
but not to Foreign Workers who are at the lower rung of the employment (they cant afford anyway)

We want Real Talent where Singapore lack and who can contribute and complement us to the building of our 1st World country

Strata
14-06-14, 21:10
There is a main reason why government needs to speed up building up infrastructure and HDBs & Condos and slowing down taking in FTs.."休息是为了走更远的路". This is actually to prepare more FTs to come in during the next wave so that Singaporeans will be more open to welcome them at later stage. Most of our infrastructure as you can see are not ready yet. It needs at least about 10 years to develop it.

Simi
14-06-14, 21:26
There is a main reason why government needs to speed up building up infrastructure and HDBs & Condos and slowing down taking in FTs.."休息是为了走更远的路". This is actually to prepare more FTs to come in during the next wave so that Singaporeans will be more open to welcome them at later stage. Most of our infrastructure as you can see are not ready yet. It needs at least about 10 years to develop it.

Yes you are correct

in the Infocomm and Transportation sectors

Huge spending

xebay11
16-06-14, 07:46

Please don't think Singaporeans are stupid, we need all the low level foreigners to do the 3D jobs, what they don't need are the endless PMET types with dubious qualifications stealing their jobs.

I propose that any foreigners be banned from all jobs with air-condition environment and / or 9 to 5 regular hours, all other jobs can be available to them.

xebay11
16-06-14, 08:15

Please don't think Singaporeans are stupid, we need all the low level foreigners to do the 3D jobs, what they don't need are the endless PMET types with dubious qualifications stealing their jobs.

I propose that any foreigners be banned from all jobs with air-condition environment and / or 9 to 5 regular hours, all other jobs can be available to them.

Anyway the issues are bad quality in construction there should be no "ifs" or "buts" especially by turning it into a political issue.

teddybear
16-06-14, 09:04
Pay so little for HDB flats and expect good quality? :doh:

Yalor

Why complain so much ?
These are Public Housing heavily subsidized by our Good Government

Go and buy Private Condo la
if PC still not satisfy then go buy own land and build lor :sleep::sleep:

hyenergix
16-06-14, 09:08
Pay so little for HDB flats and expect good quality? :doh:

With respect to the income level of the applicants, the price of the HDB flat is actually a big sum to them. The quality of HDB flats has been good in the past, therefore the buyers should not be short-changed now.

Cyberknight
16-06-14, 09:16
Let's think in another way.

My 2 part time maids from china have converted into singapore PRs. I wondered why they got it last time. NO Uni certificates. Doing cleaning jobs... But why?

Upon chit chatting, I realized one of them has 3 children. 2 in top 5 % cohort in pri sch and youngest in K1. 2nd one who is a widow has 1 son who top in a O level in a neighborhood sec sch. None have tuitions. All striving for education.

Now u understand why they gotten their PRs. It is to "harvest" their 2nd generations.

teddybear
16-06-14, 09:18
In the past, the police wear shorts!

Come on, with such high inflation on materials' prices, and restrictions on foreign workers jacking up salaries of these foreign workers, and the jacking up of also Singaporeans' salaries with minimum wage in Singapore, people still expect cheap price and good quality (in terms of materials and workmanship and service)?! :doh:

With respect to the income level of the applicants, the price of the HDB flat is actually a big sum to them. The quality of HDB flats has been good in the past, therefore the buyers should not be short-changed now.

my2cents
16-06-14, 11:44

Anyway the issues are bad quality in construction there should be no "ifs" or "buts" especially by turning it into a political issue.

Precisely crabby political agendas hv turned all lives concerning issues into stone age efficiency and quality, otherwise why is this thread here in the first place ? the authority are scaling down all sectors of FW and FT, its everywhere in the media, newspaper, still in denial ??? without foreigners, all sporeans prepare to pay more, down from a cup of coffee, bus fare and this poor quality of construction ! who to blame and who hv gain ? read my posted !

heehee
16-06-14, 15:00
My feeling is ABSD will fuel future price hike in resale properties & benefit developers hiking prices & cutting costs will poor cheap materials & workmenship.

Precisely crabby political agendas hv turned all lives concerning issues into stone age efficiency and quality, otherwise why is this thread here in the first place ? the authority are scaling down all sectors of FW and FT, its everywhere in the media, newspaper, still in denial ??? without foreigners, all sporeans prepare to pay more, down from a cup of coffee, bus fare and this poor quality of construction ! who to blame and who hv gain ? read my posted !

xebay11
16-06-14, 15:58

You obviously do not know that it is you that turned this thread political.

What does the scaling down of FW have to do with quality? In fact quality should go up as companies now have smaller quotas therefore should be getting in better quality more highly skilled workers to make up the numbers, 1st world countries do not make quality goods by having more workers, in fact, the best quality products are made in countries with the least and most expensive labour.

As for the bogey man of paying more for goods and services due to the lack of foreigners, employers must look to increasing productivity, for the domestic market consumers, if prices go too high, they will just buy less and drink or eat at home or cycle to work rather than paying higher fares, ultimately prices will come down, the consumer markets already badly affected by online shopping, so consumers are not stupid to get threatened with higher prices these days and as for export markets, if bosses increase prices due to less workers, they will only price themselves out of the world market, your argument holds no water.

Yuki
16-06-14, 16:02
This is actually normal.

It happens in the past for different batches of flats.

Some built before the surge in demand have lesser defects in general. .those after have more.

So this is yet another cycle.

When demand tapers off..the later batch no rush will have better built.

N also the contractors matter. There's a score board in bca which keep track of the quality of the project n gives each contact or a score..to explain in the most layman term possible.

Just check out the score of your developer n you know.

I generally steer clear those that have bottom scores.:doh:

my2cents
16-06-14, 17:57
You obviously do not know that it is you that turned this thread political.

What does the scaling down of FW have to do with quality? In fact quality should go up as companies now have smaller quotas therefore should be getting in better quality more highly skilled workers to make up the numbers, 1st world countries do not make quality goods by having more workers, in fact, the best quality products are made in countries with the least and most expensive labour.

As for the bogey man of paying more for goods and services due to the lack of foreigners, employers must look to increasing productivity, for the domestic market consumers, if prices go too high, they will just buy less and drink or eat at home or cycle to work rather than paying higher fares, ultimately prices will come down, the consumer markets already badly affected by online shopping, so consumers are not stupid to get threatened with higher prices these days and as for export markets, if bosses increase prices due to less workers, they will only price themselves out of the world market, your argument holds no water.

Obviously still in denial, increase productivity, easy to say than done, the G hv known these long time back, why are all these FW and FT for if one can easily just gear up productivity, smaller than any good percentage, hv you not heard about moving to iskandar, batam and closing shops, even LHL said they're holding back more projects, why holding back ? can we not just use whatever short handed manpower to finish it ? make them OT to the roof and what ? flirty quality it is !
And seriously inflation speak for itself even though you been out less, go check anything and everything, what hv not been hike ! from a cup of coffee to bus fare and any consumer product, economy wl be scaling down for the same reasoning the minister said or rather not to say if he hv a choice, scaling down economy because of this reasoning, still need to state the obvious.
Land scarce, high land cost, related high construction costs = MM layout, delay and compromise quality project, its going to come back to all to us, lower quality is just one of them, shrinking domestic consumption, smaller portions and sizes, poor service and short handed. We Sporeans wl pay the price.

xebay11
17-06-14, 09:36
Obviously still in denial, increase productivity, easy to say than done, the G hv known these long time back, why are all these FW and FT for if one can easily just gear up productivity, smaller than any good percentage, hv you not heard about moving to iskandar, batam and closing shops, even LHL said they're holding back more projects, why holding back ? can we not just use whatever short handed manpower to finish it ? make them OT to the roof and what ? flirty quality it is !
And seriously inflation speak for itself even though you been out less, go check anything and everything, what hv not been hike ! from a cup of coffee to bus fare and any consumer product, economy wl be scaling down for the same reasoning the minister said or rather not to say if he hv a choice, scaling down economy because of this reasoning, still need to state the obvious.
Land scarce, high land cost, related high construction costs = MM layout, delay and compromise quality project, its going to come back to all to us, lower quality is just one of them, shrinking domestic consumption, smaller portions and sizes, poor service and short handed. We Sporeans wl pay the price.

You must be very young and never been in business, in the 1990s Singapore was not for opening the floodgates to FW, let alone FT, the Govt used to say to labour intensive industries, "if you cannot increase productivity or automate, then Singapore is not for you, please leave", this was a very harsh message to businessmen at that time, painful though it may be, it ensured that only the best businesses remained viable.

Today the Govt has dumbed down and resorted to short cuts, including going down the long and slippery road of getting the cheapest foreigners in order to satifisy companies to justify their existence, hence you get all the threats of poor service, high prices, bad quality from businesses, always the same old excuses, because tight cheap labour. If this continues it will just be a spiral downwards with no hope for recovery, businesses addicted to cheap labour do not bother to increase productivity and competiveness, this in turn will translate to losing competitiveness in the global markets and no room for growth and the ultimate downfall of Singapore.

If you believe all the crap threats from businesses on low quality, higher prices, and poor service due to unavailability of cheap labour, then you are not a truly competitive businessman who is able to think on a global scale and cannot survive in true competition.

economist
17-06-14, 11:24
You must be very young and never been in business, in the 1990s Singapore was not for opening the floodgates to FW, let alone FT, the Govt used to say to labour intensive industries, "if you cannot increase productivity or automate, then Singapore is not for you, please leave", this was a very harsh message to businessmen at that time, painful though it may be, it ensured that only the best businesses remained viable.

Today the Govt has dumbed down and resorted to short cuts, including going down the long and slippery road of getting the cheapest foreigners in order to satifisy companies to justify their existence, hence you get all the threats of poor service, high prices, bad quality from businesses, always the same old excuses, because tight cheap labour. If this continues it will just be a spiral downwards with no hope for recovery, businesses addicted to cheap labour do not bother to increase productivity and competiveness, this in turn will translate to losing competitiveness in the global markets and no room for growth and the ultimate downfall of Singapore.

If you believe all the crap threats from businesses on low quality, higher prices, and poor service due to unavailability of cheap labour, then you are not a truly competitive businessman who is able to think on a global scale and cannot survive in true competition.

Although it would be ideal not to rely on cheap labour, I doubt if Singapore has enough talents to compete on a global scale. 1990s is different from now, back then, many other countries were in a much worse situation than now and they were not able to compete, now they are catching up and have excelled in many areas.

my2cents
17-06-14, 12:14

Why blind folded on the realistic situation right in front of you ? Spore Manufacturing Exports hv long forgoes labour intensive sector, started as early as mid eighties, from garments, toys, shoes etc all hv shifted to Msia, Thailand, than Indonesia and now China, Vietnam. I wl save my breath for that, if you are old enough as what you claimed, you should know.

But Manufacturing exports and domestics workforce are entirely different, what we are talking here in this thread is about poor quality happening right in front of our door step, it is precisely we are so shortage of manpower, we hv change our export Trade and product, coming future there wl be 1 in 4 is graduate in Spore, I hv written clearly, LHL and our minister hv now feel the heats and constrains, holding back projects, trimming economy numbers because of labour shortage, still need me to state the obvious ?

Hv you been to restaurants lately, take a bus, shop a retail shop, take a good look at any construction site or greet the cleaner who clear garbage, who are these peoples that are helping us ? having now 5.5 million are hectic enough to do all these jobs, productivity wl help but realistically holding back projects and trimming numbers bites ! what about the future ? are we going to grow ? there are many jobs our new generation wl never want to do, simple math, price hike, poor quality and service, who gain ? politicians trying to telling one thing and when price and quality down turned, they wl jump up and tell you another thing, ill politicians agenda.

my2cents
17-06-14, 12:34
Although it would be ideal not to rely on cheap labour, I doubt if Singapore has enough talents to compete on a global scale. 1990s is different from now, back then, many other countries were in a much worse situation than now and they were not able to compete, now they are catching up and have excelled in many areas.

Agreed, beside lacking of experience and shortage of local talents, these foreign companies are coming to Spore and wl provide good job opportunity and exposure for Sporeans, how many good local companies do we hv ? maybe yes, but MNC companies wl bring in new opening, opportunity, market, technology, know how and importantly a new level of exposure that local companies might not hv.